Family of calcium- and phospholipid-binding proteins which are structurally related and exhibit immunological cross-reactivity. Each member contains four homologous 70-kDa repeats. The annexins are differentially distributed in vertebrate tissues (and lower eukaryotes) and appear to be involved in MEMBRANE FUSION and SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION.
A member of the annexin family that is a substrate for a tyrosine kinase, ONCOGENE PROTEIN PP60(V-SRC). Annexin A2 occurs as a 36-KDa monomer and in a 90-KDa complex containing two subunits of annexin A2 and two subunits of S100 FAMILY PROTEIN P11. The monomeric form of annexin A2 was formerly referred to as calpactin I heavy chain.
A basic element found in nearly all organized tissues. It is a member of the alkaline earth family of metals with the atomic symbol Ca, atomic number 20, and atomic weight 40. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and combines with phosphorus to form calcium phosphate in the bones and teeth. It is essential for the normal functioning of nerves and muscles and plays a role in blood coagulation (as factor IV) and in many enzymatic processes.
Lipids containing one or more phosphate groups, particularly those derived from either glycerol (phosphoglycerides see GLYCEROPHOSPHOLIPIDS) or sphingosine (SPHINGOLIPIDS). They are polar lipids that are of great importance for the structure and function of cell membranes and are the most abundant of membrane lipids, although not stored in large amounts in the system.
A bibliographic database that includes MEDLINE as its primary subset. It is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. PubMed, which is searchable through NLM's Web site, also includes access to additional citations to selected life sciences journals not in MEDLINE, and links to other resources such as the full-text of articles at participating publishers' Web sites, NCBI's molecular biology databases, and PubMed Central.
Lipids, predominantly phospholipids, cholesterol and small amounts of glycolipids found in membranes including cellular and intracellular membranes. These lipids may be arranged in bilayers in the membranes with integral proteins between the layers and peripheral proteins attached to the outside. Membrane lipids are required for active transport, several enzymatic activities and membrane formation.
A highly vascularized mammalian fetal-maternal organ and major site of transport of oxygen, nutrients, and fetal waste products. It includes a fetal portion (CHORIONIC VILLI) derived from TROPHOBLASTS and a maternal portion (DECIDUA) derived from the uterine ENDOMETRIUM. The placenta produces an array of steroid, protein and peptide hormones (PLACENTAL HORMONES).
One of the mechanisms by which CELL DEATH occurs (compare with NECROSIS and AUTOPHAGOCYTOSIS). Apoptosis is the mechanism responsible for the physiological deletion of cells and appears to be intrinsically programmed. It is characterized by distinctive morphologic changes in the nucleus and cytoplasm, chromatin cleavage at regularly spaced sites, and the endonucleolytic cleavage of genomic DNA; (DNA FRAGMENTATION); at internucleosomal sites. This mode of cell death serves as a balance to mitosis in regulating the size of animal tissues and in mediating pathologic processes associated with tumor growth.
Animal Care Committees
Institutional committees established to protect the welfare of animals used in research and education. The 1971 NIH Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals introduced the policy that institutions using warm-blooded animals in projects supported by NIH grants either be accredited by a recognized professional laboratory animal accrediting body or establish its own committee to evaluate animal care; the Public Health Service adopted a policy in 1979 requiring such committees; and the 1985 amendments to the Animal Welfare Act mandate review and approval of federally funded research with animals by a formally designated Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
Specific Pathogen-Free Organisms
Atrial Natriuretic Factor
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Amino Acid Sequence
Liver Cirrhosis, Experimental
Characterization of the calcyclin (S100A6) binding site of annexin XI-A by site-directed mutagenesis. (1/440)Residues in annexin XI-A essential for binding of calcyclin (S100A6) were examined by site-directed mutagenesis. GST fusion proteins with the calcyclin binding site of annexin XI-A, GST-AXI 34-62 and GST-AXI 49-77 bound to calcyclin-Sepharose Ca2+-dependently. The mutants GST-AXI L52E, M55E, A56E and M59E lost the binding ability, whereas GST-AXI A57E retained the ability. These results demonstrate that the hydrophobic residues L52, M55, A56 and M59 on one side surface of the alpha-helix are critical for the binding. Assays with GST fusion proteins and synthesized peptides corresponding to the calcyclin binding site indicated that other regions around the calcyclin binding site are important to stabilize the conformation. (+info)
GTPase activity and biochemical characterization of a recombinant cotton fiber annexin. (2/440)A cDNA encoding annexin was isolated from a cotton (Gossypium hirsutum) fiber cDNA library. The cDNA was expressed in Escherichia coli, and the resultant recombinant protein was purified. We then investigated some biochemical properties of the recombinant annexin based on the current understanding of plant annexins. An "add-back experiment" was performed to study the effect of the recombinant annexin on beta-glucan synthase activity, but no effect was found. However, it was found that the recombinant annexin could display ATPase/GTPase activities. The recombinant annexin showed much higher GTPase than ATPase activity. Mg2+ was essential for these activities, whereas a high concentration of Ca2+ was inhibitory. A photolabeling assay showed that this annexin could bind GTP more specifically than ATP. The GTP-binding site on the annexin was mapped into the carboxyl-terminal fourth repeat of annexin from the photolabeling experiment using domain-deletion mutants of this annexin. Northern-blot analysis showed that the annexin gene was highly expressed in the elongation stages of cotton fiber differentiation, suggesting a role of this annexin in cell elongation. (+info)
Transcription, biochemistry and localization of nematode annexins. (3/440)The transcription of three annexin genes in the nematode, Caenorhabditis elegans, was detected by reverse transcriptase/polymerase chain reaction amplification of messenger RNAs. The highest level of expression was from the nex-1 gene, with lower levels detected for the nex-2 and nex-3 genes. The expression of nex-1 was reduced in the Dauer larval stage relative to the other annexins, correlating with the absence of the spermathecal valves, a major site of nex-1 protein localization. Recombinant nex-1 protein was expressed in yeast, isolated by calcium-dependent binding to acidic phospholipids, and its membrane binding and aggregating activities characterized using bovine chromaffin granules as a representative intracellular substrate. Binding to granule membranes was promoted by calcium with half-maximal binding seen at 630 microM calcium. Chromaffin granule aggregation was similarly promoted by the nex-1 protein at 630 microM calcium. This low sensitivity to calcium suggests the annexin can only be activated in vivo near the plasma membrane or other sources of calcium. Sequences including the nex-1 promoter were fused to the gene for green fluorescent protein and this construct was introduced into nematodes by microinjection. Examination of transgenic offspring revealed specific nex-1 promoter activity in the pharynx, the hypodermal cells, the vulva, and the spermathecal valve, locations in which the annexin may function in collagen secretion/deposition and membrane-membrane interactions. A sensitive anti-nex-1 antibody labelled with rhodamine was injected into body cavities of the nematode but did not detect extracellular nex-1 protein. Therefore, this annexin is apparently cytosolic and may function on the cytoplasmic side of the plasma membrane of the spermathecal valve to chaperon the folding of this membrane during the opening and closing of the valve. (+info)
Annexin VII and annexin XI are tyrosine phosphorylated in peroxovanadate-treated dogs and in platelet-derived growth factor-treated rat vascular smooth muscle cells. (4/440)The intraperitoneal administration of peroxovanadate results in the rapid accumulation of many tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins in the liver and kidney of treated animals. The availability of large pools of tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins derived from normal tissues facilitates the purification and identification of previously unknown targets for cellular tyrosine kinases. Using this procedure, we have thus far identified four proteins in the liver and kidney of peroxovanadate-treated dogs. Two of these, annexin VII and annexin XI, were novel and had not been previously reported to be substrates of tyrosine kinases while the remaining two, ezrin and clathrin, have been reported to be tyrosine phosphorylated in some cell culture systems. In the present study, isolated proteins were identified both by sequence analysis and immunological methods. Annexin VII and annexin XI are present in cultured rat vascular smooth muscle cells and both were tyrosine phosphorylated in response to a physiological ligand, platelet-derived growth factor-BB (PDGF-BB). Furthermore, the extent of tyrosine phosphorylation in response to PDGF-BB was augmented by the co-addition of peroxovanadate to cell cultures. In vitro phosphorylation assays showed that PDGF receptor, calcium-dependent tyrosine kinase (CADTK/Pyk-2), Src kinase, and epidermal growth factor receptor all were able to phosphorylate purified annexin VII and XI on tyrosine residues. These findings confirm the usefulness of phosphatase inhibition by peroxovanadate as a tool for identifying previously unknown physiological targets for cellular protein tyrosine kinases. (+info)
Immunological development and cardiovascular function are normal in annexin VI null mutant mice. (5/440)Annexins are calcium-binding proteins of unknown function but which are implicated in important cellular processes, including anticoagulation, ion flux regulation, calcium homeostasis, and endocytosis. To gain insight into the function of annexin VI, we performed targeted disruption of its gene in mice. Matings between heterozygous mice produced offspring with a normal Mendelian pattern of inheritance, indicating that the loss of annexin VI did not interfere with viability in utero. Mice lacking annexin VI reached sexual maturity at the same age as their normal littermates, and both males and females were fertile. Because of interest in the role of annexin VI in cardiovascular function, we examined heart rate and blood pressure in knockout and wild-type mice and found these to be identical in the two groups. Similarly, the cardiovascular responses of both sets of mice to septic shock were indistinguishable. We also examined components of the immune system and found no differences in thymic, splenic, or bone marrow lymphocyte levels between knockout and wild-type mice. This is the first study of annexin knockout mice, and the lack of a clear phenotype has broad implications for current views of annexin function. (+info)
Annexins VII and XI are present in a human macrophage-like cell line. Differential translocation on FcR-mediated phagocytosis. (6/440)We have studied the divalent cation-dependent association of proteins to subcellular fractions of human macrophage-like cells before and after FcR-mediated phagocytosis. Among these proteins we have identified annexins VII and XI for the first time in these cells, along with annexins I, III, and VI. Although all of these annexins are present in the cytosolic fraction, the extent of their association to membrane and phagosome fractions from resting and stimulated cells is variable. Annexin VII translocates from cytosolic to membrane fractions after phagocytic stimulation, along with annexin I, III, and VI. Annexins VII and XI are found associated with purified phagosomes along with I, III, and VI, and this association is greater after a 24-h chase period. Our results show differences in the intracellular distribution of different annexins in macrophage-like cells on phagocytosis. Annexins VII, VI, III, and I respond to particle ingestion by translocating to phagosomes and other cell membrane structures, whereas annexin XI translocates predominantly to phagosomes, suggesting dissimilarities in their function. (+info)
Cellubrevin is present in the basolateral endocytic compartment of hepatocytes and follows the transcytotic pathway after IgA internalization. (7/440)The endocytic compartment of polarized cells is organized in basolateral and apical endosomes plus those endocytic structures specialized in recycling and transcytosis, which are still poorly characterized. The complexity of the various populations of endosomes has been demonstrated by the exquisite repertoire of endogenous proteins. In this study we examined the distribution of cellubrevin in the endocytic compartment of hepatocytes, since its intracellular location and function in polarized cells are largely unknown. Highly purified rat liver endosomes were isolated from estradiol-treated rats, and the early/sorting endosomal fraction was further subfractionated in a multistep sucrose density gradient, and studied. Analysis of dissected endosomal fractions showed that cellubrevin was located in early/sorting endosomes, with Rab4, annexins II and VI, and transferrin receptor, but in a specific subpopulation of these early endosomes with the same density range as pIgA and Raf-1. Interestingly, only in those isolated endosomal fractions, endosomes enriched in transcytotic structures (of livers loaded with IgA), the polymeric immunoglobulin receptor specifically co-immunoprecipitated with cellubrevin. In addition, confocal and immuno-electron microscopy identification of cellubrevin in tubular structures underneath the sinusoidal plasma membrane together with the re-organization of cellubrevin, in the endocytic compartment, after the IgA loading, strongly suggest the involvement of cellubrevin in the transcytosis of pIgA. (+info)
Annexin 24 from Capsicum annuum. X-ray structure and biochemical characterization. (8/440)This work provides the first three-dimensional structure of a member of the plant annexin family and correlates these findings with biochemical properties of this protein. Annexin 24(Ca32) from Capsicum annuum was purified as a native protein from bell pepper and was also prepared by recombinant techniques. To overcome the problem of precipitation of the recombinant wild-type protein in crystallization trials, two mutants were designed. Whereas an N-terminal truncation mutant turned out to be an unstable protein, the N-terminal His-tagged annexin 24(Ca32) was crystallized, and the three-dimensional structure was determined by x-ray diffraction at 2. 8 A resolution. The structure refined to an R-factor of 0.216 adopts the typical annexin fold; the detailed structure, however, is different from non-plant annexins, especially in domains I and III and in the membrane binding loops on the convex side. Within the unit cell there are two molecules per asymmetric unit, which differ in conformation of the IAB-loop. Both conformers show Trp-35 on the surface. The loop-out conformation is stabilized by tight interactions of this tryptophan with residue side chains of a symmetry-related molecule and enforced by a bound sulfate. Characterization of this plant annexin using biophysical methods revealed calcium-dependent binding to phospholipid vesicles with preference for phosphatidylcholine over phosphatidylserine and magnesium-dependent phosphodiesterase activity in vitro as shown with adenosine triphosphate as the substrate. A comparative unfolding study of recombinant annexin 24(Ca32) wild type and of the His-tag fusion protein indicates higher stability of the latter. The effect of this N-terminal modification is also visible from CD spectra. Both proteins were subjected to a FURA-2-based calcium influx assay, which gave high influx rates for the wild-type but greatly reduced influx rates for the fusion protein. We therefore conclude that the N-terminal domain is indeed a major regulatory element modulating different annexin properties by allosteric mechanisms. (+info)
An immunological and biochemical comparison of 67 kDa calcimedin and 67 kDa calelectrin | Biochemical Journal
The 67 kDa calcimedin is a Ca2+-binding protein isolated from several muscle tissues. A recent report [Morse & Moore (1988) Biochem. J. 251, 171-174] indicated that the 67 kDa calcimedin is distinct from 67 kDa calelectrin, which is purified from various non-muscle cells. In the present study we have purified the 67 kDa protein from bovine aorta (i.e. 67 kDa calcimedin) and liver (i.e. 67 kDa calelectrin) and compared them by immunological and biochemical criteria. The aorta calcimedin is identical with the liver calelectrin by the following criteria. (1) The calcimedin co-electrophoresed with the calelectrin on SDS/5-15%-(w/v)-linear-gradient polyacrylamide gels. (2) The two proteins selectively cross-reacted with a chicken gizzard calcimedin antibody. (3) An antibody raised against the bovine aorta calcimedin also recognized the bovine liver calelectrin. (4) One-dimensional peptide maps of the two proteins revealed no significant difference. (5) The calcimedin appeared to have an amino acid ...
67 k calcimedin (67 kDa) is distinct from p67 calelectrin and lymphocyte 68 kDa Ca2+-binding protein | Biochemical Journal
The 67 k calcimedin is a Ca2+-binding protein present in both muscle cells and peritoneal macrophages. Many tissues, including lymphoid tissues, liver and lymphocytes, have been shown to contain Ca2+-binding proteins of similar molecular size, such as the p67(67 kDa) calelectrin or the 68 kDa lymphocyte protein. We have tested affinity-purified antibodies raised to the smooth-muscle 67 k calcimedin in these several tissues and here report that the 67 k calcimedin is not detectable in liver, thymus, spleen or thymic lymphocytes. These findings support recent biochemical evidence, discussed here, suggesting that the 67 k calcimedin is a protein different from calelectrin and the 68 kDa lymphocyte protein. The more limited tissue distribution of the 67 k calcimedin, which includes muscle and macrophages, suggests that the 67 k calcimedin may function in Ca2+-mediated events special to these cell types. The affinity-purified antibodies to the 67 k calcimedin will be useful in obtaining information ...
Annexins family: Insights into their functions and potential role in pathogenesis of sarcoidosis<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Annexins family. T2 - Insights into their functions and potential role in pathogenesis of sarcoidosis. AU - Mirsaeidi, Mehdi. AU - Gidfar, Sanaz. AU - Vu, Ann. AU - Schraufnagel, Dean. PY - 2016. Y1 - 2016. N2 - Annexins are Ca2+-regulated phospholipid-binding proteins that play an important role in the cell life cycle, exocytosis, and apoptosis. Annexin A11 is one of the oldest vertebrate annexins that has a crucial role in sarcoidosis pathogenesis. The mechanism of effect in sarcoidosis granuloma cells may be due to alterations in apoptosis. Immune cells with a specific mutation at protein location 230 are resistant to apoptosis and consequently have continued effects on inflammation and progression of sarcoidosis. The mechanism of action of annexin A11 may be based upon alterations in delivering calcium to two different apoptosis pathways (caspase and P53).. AB - Annexins are Ca2+-regulated phospholipid-binding proteins that play an important role in the cell life cycle, ...
Cloning and expression of cDNA for human vascular anticoagulant, a Ca2+-dependent phospholipid-binding protein - edoc
Based on sequence information from tryptic peptides an almost full-size cDNA coding for the human vascular anticoagulant was isolated from a placental cDNA library and sequenced. The coding region was cloned into an Escherichia coli expression vector and the protein expressed at high levels. The recombinant protein was purified and found to be indistinguishable from its natural counterpart in several biological assays ...
The role of primer recognition proteins in DNA replication: inhibition of cellular proliferation by antisense...
Primer recognition proteins (PRP) are cofactors for DNA polymerase alpha and may have a role in lagging-strand DNA replication. PRP is composed of two subunits, which we have previously identified as the protein-tyrosine kinase substrate annexin II and phosphoglycerate kinase (PGK). In this study, we have examined the physiological involvement of these proteins in DNA synthesis and cell proliferation. When exponentially growing human HeLa cells are exposed to antisense phosphorothioate oligodeoxynucleotides to annexin II, ongoing DNA synthesis is reduced. The extent of reduction with antisense oligodeoxynucleotide to PGK was much less than with the antisense annexin II oligodeoxynucleotide. Reductions in the labeling and mitotic indices of HeLa cell cultures are seen after exposure to antisense oligodeoxynucleotides. Flow cytometric analyses indicate that progression from S phase to G2 phase of the cycle is retarded by exposure of cells to the antisense oligodeoxynucleotides. Corresponding sense ...
ANXA2 - EDRN Public Portal
ANXA2, a member of the annexin family, is a calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding protein that plays a role in the regulation of cellular growth and in signal transduction pathways. Its affinity for calcium is greatly enhanced by anionic phospholipids, and it binds two calcium ions with high affinity. ANXA2 may be involved in heat-stress response. This protein functions as an autocrine factor which heightens osteoclast formation and bone resorption. It may also cross-link plasma membrane phospholipids with actin and the cytoskeleton and be involved with exocytosis.
Annexins: linking Ca 2+ signalling to membrane dynamics | Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology
Eukaryotic cells contain various Ca2+-effector proteins that mediate cellular responses to changes in intracellular Ca2+ levels. A unique class of these proteins - annexins - can bind to certain membrane phospholipids in a Ca2+-dependent manner, providing a link between Ca2+ signalling and membrane functions. By forming networks on the membrane surface, annexins can function as organizers of membrane domains and membrane-recruitment platforms for proteins with which they interact. These and related properties enable annexins to participate in several otherwise unrelated events that range from membrane
Annexins V and VI: major calcium-dependent atrial secretory granule-binding proteins. | Hypertension
Atrial natriuretic peptide is stored by atrial myocytes in secretory granules, known as atrial specific granules, and is released from these granules by exocytosis. We have isolated a group of atrial proteins by affinity chromatography that bind to atrial specific granules in a calcium-dependent manner. The two major proteins isolated (32.5 kd and 67 kd) are calcium-binding proteins and have been identified as annexins V and VI by immunoblotting with specific antisera. The calcium dependence of their binding to atrial specific granules has been characterized in vitro and indicates that this interaction takes place at micromolar levels of calcium. In addition, the group of proteins isolated includes another calcium-binding protein of 20 kd, as well as GTP-binding proteins of 22 to 26 kd. Membrane interactions during exocytosis are presumably mediated by the interaction of specific proteins with the granule membrane. The properties of the proteins described here, and their ability to bind to ...
Expression of annexins as a function of cellular growth state. | JCB
Annexins are a structurally related family of Ca2+ binding proteins of undertermined biological function. Annexin I (also called lipocortin 1) is a substrate for the EGF-stimulated tyrosine kinase and is postulated to be involved in mitogenic signal transduction. To investigate further the involvement of lipocortin 1 in cell proliferation, we measured lipocortin 1 levels in normal diploid human foreskin fibroblasts (HFF) to determine whether its expression changed as a function of growth status. For comparison, the expression of annexin V (also called endonexin II) was measured in HFF cells. Endonexin II is a protein with similar Ca2+ and phospholipid binding properties as lipocortin 1, but it is not a substrate for tyrosine kinases. Quiescent HFF cell cultures were induced to proliferate by either subculture to lower cell density, EGF stimulation, or serum stimulation. In all three protocols, proliferating HFF cells contained three- to fourfold higher levels of lipocortin 1 and three- to ...
The Crystal Structure of Calcium-bound Annexin Gh1 from Gossypium hirsutum and Its Implications for Membrane Binding Mechanisms...
Plant annexins show distinct differences in comparison with their animal orthologues. In particular, the endonexin sequence, which is responsible for coordination of calcium ions in type II binding sites, is only partially conserved in plant annexins. The crystal structure of calcium-bound cotton annexin Gh1 was solved at 2.5Šresolution and shows three metal ions coordinated in the first and fourth repeat in types II and III binding sites. Although the protein has no detectable affinity for calcium in solution, in the presence of phospholipid vesicles, we determined a stoichiometry of four calcium ions per protein molecule using isothermal titration calorimetry. Further analysis of the crystal structure showed that binding of a fourth calcium ion is structurally possible in the DE loop of the first repeat. Data from this study are in agreement with the canonical membrane binding of annexins, which is facilitated by the convex surface associating with the phospholipid bilayer by a calcium ...
Annexin A1 - Wikipedia
Annexin A1, also known as lipocortin I, is a protein that is encoded by the ANXA1 gene in humans. Annexin A1 belongs to the annexin family of Ca2+-dependent phospholipid-binding proteins that have a molecular weight of approximately 35,000 to 40,000 and are preferentially located on the cytosolic face of the plasma membrane. Annexin A1 protein has an apparent relative molecular mass of 40 kDa with phospholipase A2 inhibitory activity. Glucocorticoids (such as budesonide, cortisol, and beclomethasone) are a class of endogenous or synthetic anti-inflammatory steroid hormones that bind to the glucocorticoid receptor (GR), which is present in almost every vertebrate animal cell. They are used in medicine to treat diseases caused by an overactive immune system, including allergies, asthma, autoimmune diseases, and sepsis. Because they suppress inflammatory pathways, long-term use of glucocorticoid drugs can lead to side-effects such as immunodeficiency and adrenal insufficiency. The main mechanism of ...
Annexin IV (ANX4) belongs to the annexin family of calcium-dependent phospholipid binding proteins. Although their functions are still not clearly defined, several members of the annexin family have been implicated in membrane-related events along exocytotic and endocytotic pathways. ANX4 has 45 to 59% identity with other members of its family and shares a similar size and exon-intron organization. Isolated from human placenta, ANX4 encodes a protein that has possible interactions with ATP, and has in vitro anticoagulant activity and also inhibits phospholipase A2 activity. ANX4 is almost exclusively expressed in epithelial cells ...
JCI - Recombinant annexin A6 promotes membrane repair and protects against muscle injury
Membrane repair is essential to cell survival. In skeletal muscle, injury often associates with plasma membrane disruption. Additionally, muscular dystrophy is linked to mutations in genes that produce fragile membranes or reduce membrane repair. Methods to enhance repair and reduce susceptibility to injury could benefit muscle in both acute and chronic injury settings. Annexins are a family of membrane-associated Ca2+-binding proteins implicated in repair, and annexin A6 was previously identified as a genetic modifier of muscle injury and disease. Annexin A6 forms the repair cap over the site of membrane disruption. To elucidate how annexins facilitate repair, we visualized annexin cap formation during injury. We found that annexin cap size positively correlated with increasing Ca2+ concentrations. We also found that annexin overexpression promoted external blebs enriched in Ca2+ and correlated with a reduction of intracellular Ca2+ at the injury site. Annexin A6 overexpression reduced membrane ...
Annexin 11 is required for midbody formation and completion of the terminal phase of cytokinesis | Journal of Cell Biology |...
The discovery of an essential role for annexin 11 in cell division is unexpected when considered in the broader context of annexin biology. Although annexins are now firmly implicated in various cellular activities, including endocytosis, calcium signaling, and apoptosis, no member of this protein family has been demonstrated to function in the cell cycle. The membrane binding and vesicle fusogenic properties that define annexins in biochemical terms could provide clues as to the possible role of annexin 11 in the last stage of cytokinesis. Before cells can be completely separated in a process known as abscission, the actomyosin constriction ring at the cleavage furrow has to be disassembled and the central spindle must separate. During this series of events, it is likely that the plasma membrane must be tightly attached to the midbody microtubules for abscission to be successfully completed. CHO1 has previously been suggested to be responsible for this connection (Kuriyama et al., 2002), but ...
April | 2015 | c-met inhibitors
Apoptosis evaluation Apoptosis examination was performed by utilizing a Vybrant Apoptosis Assay Kit two based on the producers directions. Briefly, cells were seeded at 1. two 106 cells 4 ml in the four. 5 cm dish, incubated for 24 hours, and treated with various concentrations with the extracts or sinapinic acid for 6 hrs. Cells had been harvested by trypsinization, washed with cold PBS, and resuspended from the Annexin binding buffer. Cell density was established and diluted in the annexin binding buf fer to 105 cells per assay. Cells had been incubated with Alexa Fluor 488 Annexin V and Propidium iodide at room temperature for 15 minutes. Following the incuba tion, cells have been analyzed by movement cytometry using a Beckman Coulter Cytomics FC500 MPL flow cytometry.. The movement cytome try effects have been confirmed by viewing the cells below a fluorescence microscope. Statistical evaluation Information are expressed as usually means common deviation from 3 independent experiments. ...
EZR (pT567) Antibody | Abbexa Ltd
EZR (pT567) Antibody is a Rabbit Polyclonal antibody against EZR (pT567). The cytoplasmic peripheral membrane protein encoded by this gene functions as a protein-tyrosine kinase substrate in microvilli. As a member of the ERM protein family, this protein
Investigating the metamorphic properties of annexin A5 during membrane integration - Enlighten: Theses
The annexin superfamily is comprised of a range of Ca2+ dependent phospholipid binding proteins. Each of these proteins are metamorphic, which means that they possesses the capacity to dynamically and reversibly refold themselves into two or more stable conformations. Annexin A5 (ANXA5) has been linked with a variety of cellular functions including: endocytosis, Ca2+ transfer, anticoagulation, membrane repair and exocytosis. Although this protein has been characterised as having pH-dependent and Ca2+-dependent phosphatidylserine (PS) binding the full extent of these mechanisms are not understood.. In this study the changes in ANXA5 conformation as it transitions through its binding states was investigated. Recombinant human ANXA5 was produced in E. coli and subjected to analysis by circular dichroism (CD) and Förster resonance energy transfer (FRET). This revealed that the Ca2+ driven metamorphic refolding of ANXA5 involves minor adjustments of the protein to facilitate trimerisation upon PS ...
The annexins of Dictyostelium. - PubMed - NCBI
PubMed comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Sony NEX-7 high-end APS-C mirrorless camera fir...
Sony NEX-7 high-end APS-C mirrorless camera first look: Sony has announced the much leaked NEX-7 enthusiast-targeted mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. | Everything Photographic
DiVA - Søkeresultat
Av de läkemedel som intas kan kroppen endast ta upp en liten del medan en stor del utsöndras igen, framförallt via urinen. Då avloppsvatten kommer in till avloppsreningsverken renas det genom mekaniska, kemiska och biologiska processer men dagens avloppsreningsverk är inte designade för att ta hand om och bryta ner läkemedelsrester och andra organiska föreningar från till exempel tvättmedel, färgrester etc. Beroende på de olika substansernas kemiska och fysikaliska egenskaper följer de antingen med det färdigrenade utloppsvattnet, som lämnar avloppsreningsverket, eller så hamnar de i slammet som bildas av sedimenterande partiklar under reningen. Slammet rötas och avvattnas och kan sedan bland annat användas som gödningsmedel på jordbruksmark.. I denna studie undersöktes huruvida samkompostering av avloppsslam och annat organiskt material kan höja slammets status som gödselmedel med avseende på minskad lukt, näringsinnehåll och minskad förekomst av läkemedelsrester och ...
Publications | Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
Creutz, C. E.; Moss, S.; Edwardson, J. M.; Hide, I.; Gomperts, B.; Schiavo, G.; Nevalainen, L.; von Rueden, L.; Fletcher, L.; Bartels, F. et al.; Waschulewski, I.; Buccione, R.; Pinxteren, J.; Magnus, C.: Differential recognition of secretory vesicles by annexins. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 184 (1), pp. 347 - 352 (1992 ...
Abraham. Father Of All Believers
CRM) in Barcelona from June ONLINE to lucid, 2014, and from June secretory to regulatory, 2014, so. Most of them think tertiary walls, including new fabrics of brief vesicles only intently read in malformed activity annexins. The clathrin formation describes already last minutes, Periodic Orbits and Hamiltonian Systems with plans to Celestial Mechanics - a as available and extra basket of request.
C Mount Lens to SONY NEX-5 NEX-3 NEX5 NEX-VG10 camera adapter
C Mount Lens to NEX E Mount adapterDescription:With this adapter, you can use C- Mount Lenses on NEX E mount camera. Disphragm control of the lens
Sony NEX-7 Tests | Blogarithms
[See Update/Part 2] In early May I managed to get my hands on a Sony NEX-7 camera with a couple of lenses. On May 15 I recorded a video review with Frederick Van Johnson on This Week in Photo. Ultimately, I decided this would be a great small, mirrorless camera to complement my huge Nikon…
TIDNINGSARKIVET.SE: VI LÄSER TILLSAMMANS: PYJAMASHJÄLTARNA
VI LÄSER TILLSAMMANS: PYJAMASHJÄLTARNA i Tidningsarkivet. Ett digitalt arkiv för svenska tidningar och tidskrifter. Här finns bland annat omslag och innehållstexter för VI LÄSER TILLSAMMANS: PYJAMASHJÄLTARNA.
Further interest - Workshops - Wenell
Den sista kursdelen i Projektledarprogrammet (3 dagar) genomförs som internat under dag- och kvällstid. Vi bokar vi rum för alla deltagare. Internatkostnaden (mat och logi) ingår ej i kursavgiften utan betalas av deltagarna direkt till konferensanläggning vid utbildningens slut. Önskas faktura bör detta meddelas konferensanläggningen före kursstart. Normalt gäller att rummen är disponibla t o m sista dagens förmiddag. Vill du behålla rummet längre, eller på annat sätt ändra rumsbeställningen, måste du själv ordna detta med konferensanläggningen.. ...
TIDNINGSARKIVET.SE: ELEKTOR (GREEN MEMBERSHIP) (UK)
ELEKTOR (GREEN MEMBERSHIP) (UK) i Tidningsarkivet. Ett digitalt arkiv för svenska tidningar och tidskrifter. Här finns bland annat omslag och innehållstexter för ELEKTOR (GREEN MEMBERSHIP) (UK).
Isolation and localisation of an annexin gene (gp-nex) from the potato cyst nematode, Globodera pallida<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Isolation and localisation of an annexin gene (gp-nex) from the potato cyst nematode, Globodera pallida. AU - Fioretti, L AU - Warry, A AU - Porter, A AU - Haydock, P AU - Curtis, R PY - 2001. Y1 - 2001. N2 - A full length cDNA clone was isolated by screening a mixed stage Globodera pallida expression library using the monospecific polyclonal antibody IACR-PC320. Sequence comparison indicated that the predicted 332 amino acid protein encoded by the cDNA was a member of the annexin gene family named gp-nex and very similar to annexins found in other nematode species. Annexins are calcium-dependent phospholipid binding proteins characterised by four repeated domains approximately 70 amino acids in length. The predicted amino acid sequence of the protein did not contain an N-terminal secretion signal peptide; however, the protein was shown to be present in excretory/secretory products from G. pallida second stage juveniles treated with the neurotransmitter 5 methoxy-N, N dimethyl ...
The membrane phospholipid binding protein annexin A2 promotes phagocytosis and nonlytic exocytosis of cryptococcus neoformans...
TY - JOUR. T1 - The membrane phospholipid binding protein annexin A2 promotes phagocytosis and nonlytic exocytosis of cryptococcus neoformans and impacts survival in fungal infection. AU - Stukes, Sabriya. AU - Coelho, Carolina. AU - Rivera, Johanna. AU - Jedlicka, Anne E.. AU - Hajjar, Katherine A.. AU - Casadevall, Arturo. PY - 2016/8/15. Y1 - 2016/8/15. N2 - Cryptococcus neoformans is a fungal pathogen with a unique intracellular pathogenic strategy that includes nonlytic exocytosis, a phenomenon whereby fungal cells are expunged from macrophages without lysing the host cell. The exact mechanism and specific proteins involved in this process have yet to be completely defined. Using murine macrophages deficient in the membrane phospholipid binding protein, annexin A2 (ANXA2), we observed a significant decrease in both phagocytosis of yeast cells and the frequency of nonlytic exocytosis. Cryptococcal cells isolated from Anxa2-deficient (Anxa2-/-) bone marrow-derived macrophages and lung ...
Characterization of calelectrin, a Ca2+-binding protein isolated from the electric organ of Torpedo marmorata. :: MPG.PuRe
Author: Südhof, T. C. et al.; Genre: Journal Article; Published in Print: 1985-10; Title: Characterization of calelectrin, a Ca2+-binding protein isolated from the electric organ of Torpedo marmorata.
ANXA7 antibodies | Antibodypedia
Annexin VII is a member of the annexin family of calcium-dependent phospholipid binding proteins.The Annexin VII gene contains 14 exons and spans approximately 34 kb of DNA. An alternatively spliced cassette exon results in two mRNA transcripts of 2.0 and 2.4 kb which are predicted to generate two protein isoforms differing in their N-terminal domain. The alternative splicing event is tissue specific and the mRNA containing the cassette exon is prevalent in brain, heart and skeletal muscle. The transcripts also differ in their 3-non coding regions by the use of two alternative poly(A) signals. Annexin VII encodes a protein with a molecular weight of approximately 51 kDa with a unique, highly hydrophobic N-terminal domain of 167 amino acids and a conserved C-terminal region of 299 amino acids. The latter domain is composed of alternating hydrophobic and hydrophilic segments. Structural analysis of the protein suggests that Annexin VII is a membrane binding protein with diverse properties, ...
Mutagenetix > Incidental...
FUNCTION: [Summary is not available for the mouse gene. This summary is for the human ortholog.] Annexin VI belongs to a family of calcium-dependent membrane and phospholipid binding proteins. Several members of the annexin family have been implicated in membrane-related events along exocytotic and endocytotic pathways. The annexin VI gene is approximately 60 kbp long and contains 26 exons. It encodes a protein of about 68 kDa that consists of eight 68-amino acid repeats separated by linking sequences of variable lengths. It is highly similar to human annexins I and II sequences, each of which contain four such repeats. Annexin VI has been implicated in mediating the endosome aggregation and vesicle fusion in secreting epithelia during exocytosis. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been described. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2010 ...
Molecular cloning and characterization of annexin genes in peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.). | Sigma-Aldrich
Sigma-Aldrich offers abstracts and full-text articles by [MeiJing He, XinLei Yang, ShunLi Cui, GuoJun Mu, MingYu Hou, HuanYing Chen, LiFeng Liu].
Lipocortin | definition of lipocortin by Medical dictionary
Looking for online definition of lipocortin in the Medical Dictionary? lipocortin explanation free. What is lipocortin? Meaning of lipocortin medical term. What does lipocortin mean?
St Annes College, Oxford > About the College > Professor Helen...
Helen Christians research interests are in the mechanisms of steroid hormone regulation of the pituitary gland, in particular the role of Annexin 1. The Annexins are a well-conserved super-family of structurally related Ca2+ - and phospholipids-binding proteins with wide-ranging functions in health and disease. Annexin 1 is a 37kD protein that is induced by glucocorticoids and mediates glucocorticoid action within the host defence and neuroendocrine systems. Glucocorticoids regulate the synthesis, phosphorylation and cellular disposition of annexin 1, and annexin 1 is implicated in the regulation by these important drugs of pituitary function, the control of cell growth and signal transduction. Most recently her group have characterized a novel secretory pathway of annexin 1, a protein which lacks a signal sequence, involving a member of the ATP binding cassette transporter family, ABCA1. This is the first time the secretion mechanism of an annexin family member has been determined and the ...
A idea behind this research is: if we know what parts of the bacteria stimulate healing, perhaps doctors can deliverÂ that material, or something very close, to patients directly to treat intestinal diseases such as Crohns or ulcerative colitis.. This ideaÂ has advanced experimentally, as demonstrated byÂ twoÂ papers from Jones and Neishâ€™s frequent collaborator, Asma Nusrat, who recently moved from Emory to the University of Michigan. This team had shown that a protein produced by human intestinal cells called annexin A1 activates ROS, acting through the same N-formyl peptide receptors that bacteria do.. Nusrat told me Friday her team began investigatingÂ annexins a decade ago at Emory, and it was fortuitous that Neish was working on beneficial bacteria right down the hall, since it is now apparent that annexin A1 and the bacteria areÂ activating the same molecular signals.Â (Did you know there is an entire conference devoted to annexins? I didnt until a few days ago.). In aÂ ...
PGK1 an apparent multifunctional protein. A glycolytic enzyme and a polymerase alpha cofactor protein (primer recognition protein). Note: This description may include information from UniProtKB ...
Sony - Sony Alpha NEX-5N - SLRgear.com!
From Sony literature) Sony adds superb responsiveness, image quality, and creative possibilities to its line of E-mount interchangeable lens cameras with the new α NEX-5N model. Housed in a rugged, light magnesium alloy body, with an intuitive touch-screen interface, the camera is just 23.3mm at its slimmest point.. The NEX-5N camera extends the sleek, minimalist design of the acclaimed NEX-5, said Ernesto Bravo, senior business manager of the alpha group at Sony Electronics. But its also a giant step forward from its predecessor in terms of still image and HD video quality, Auto Focus and speed-of-capture performance.. Response is accelerated even further by a release time lag of approximately 20 milliseconds, the fastest of any interchangeable lens digital camera. Combined with an improved autofocus (AF) algorithm and more efficient image processing, this results in an AF that is significantly faster than the current NEX-5 model.. The cameras Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor with 16.1 ...
Sony - Sony Alpha NEX-7 - SLRgear.com!
From Sony literature) Sony is taking professional quality imaging and artistic shooting options to new levels with the introduction of the new α NEX-7 camera. Styled in magnesium alloy for strength and designed with a unique blend of classic and modern inspiration, the new compact interchangeable lens model weighs only 10.3 ounces (291g).. For Sony, the new NEX-7 represents innovation in its purest form, said Kelly Davis, vice president of digital imaging at Sony Electronics. Speed and style meet performance and control, creating a shooting experience unlike anything in market today.. The NEX-7 camera features a new Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor with 24.3 effective megapixel resolution -- highest in its class -- that complements the latest generation of Sonys BIONZ® image processing engine.. This unique combination of sensor and processor technology delivers flawless image and HD video quality with very low noise and exceptionally fast shooting responses. An ultra-high sensitivity range ...
Items where Subject is University of Westminster | Science and Technology | Life Sciences, School of (No longer in use) -...
Wells, D., Wells, K., Liu, K., Hannon, Robert, Croxtall, Jamie D., Damazo, A.S., Oliani, Sonia M., Getting, Stephen J., Parente, Luca, Paul-Clark, Mark, Yona, Simon, Gavins, Felicity N.E., Martin, Joanne, Christian, Helen C., Cover, Patricia O., John, C.D., Solito, Egle, Morris, John F., Perretti, Mauro, Buckingham, Julia C. and Flower, Roderick J. (2004) The annexin 1-/- mouse: phenotypic studies. Annexins, 1 (2). pp. 109-120. ISSN 1547-6294 ...
Hills from Annat | Christchurch Art Gallery Te Puna o Waiwhetu
Welcome to the home to one of New Zealands most important public art collections. Were open 10am - 5pm daily and late nights on Wednesday until 9pm.
Updating Sony NEX-6 Firmware | Toms Guide Forum
Your Sony NEX-6 camera, like other digital cameras, comes with firmware that helps you operate the device. Updating firmware will ensure that your camera...
För att tekniken kräver det… - The view from Dr Martins boots
Ett av de oftast hörda argumenten (och så jäkla många har de inte) från FRA-förespråkare är att tekniken har förändrats så att den gamla eter-avlyssningen inte längre är relevant. Den nya tekniken kräver att vi gör saker på ett annat sätt. Nu är det med dagens snabba datorer möjligt att scanna igenom all internettrafik så det är naturligtvis en lockande möjlighet för den som är intresserad av masskartläggning.. Nu när FRA-förslaget går igenom, lätt friserat, så har vi skapat ett nytt prejudikat för övervakningssamhället. Man har i princip sagt att om det går så kan man alltid komma på argument för att vi får. Integriteten väger lätt mot det diffusa terrorhotet. (Men ärligt talat, att inte Tolgfors buades ut när han på allvar verkade mena att talibaner som placerar ut IEDs i Afganistan planerar det via mail till Sverige.) Med vad vi kan blir mer och mer för varje dag. Jag skrev för ett par år sedan om en artikel i Nature med titeln Everthing, ...
Download - Automatiserade bilar = framtid utan körkort? Azra Habibovic, Victoria Swedish ICT/SAFER | Podbean
Om ett år kommer Volvo Cars ha 100 självkörande bilar i trafik på Göteborgs vägar som tillåter föraren att släppa ratten och göra annat. Men hur ser det ut i resten av världen, hur automatiserad är till exempel Google Car? Vad innebär automatiseringen för föraransvaret, behöver vi ens körkort i framtiden? Och vad innebär automatiseringen för motorfordonens interaktion med oskyddade trafikanter - fotgängare och cyklister? Azra Habibovic som forskar om kooperativa fordonssystem vid Victoria Swedish ICT, intervjuas av Angela Aylward, NTF Väst.. FOTO: SAFER. ...
När jag tänker grammatik, då tänker jag tråkigt : En undersökning av attityder till svensk grammatik och grammatikundervisning
Grammatik är ett ämne som anses framkalla negativa känslor och många människor minns sin grammatikundervisning som tråkig och svår. Grammatik är dock ett centralt ämne för oss språkkonsulter och nödvändigt för att vi ska kunna utföra vårt arbete. Syftet med den här undersökningen har därför varit att undersöka vilka attityder till grammatik som människor egentligen har. Frågeställningarna handlar om hur människor definierar grammatik, vilken uppfattning de har av grammatik samt vilken användning de ser med grammatik. Metoden för att söka svar på dessa frågor har varit fokusgruppssamtal där studerande och arbetande människor tillsammans fått tala om grammatik. Resultaten visar att det finns många negativa kommentarer om grammatikundervisning, men också att grammatik anses viktigt för bland annat förståelse och för hur kompetent man kan uppfattas av andra människor. Slutsatserna som dragits utifrån resultaten är att människor inte är så negativa till ...
Flerspråkighet i förskolan : Hur pedagoger bemöter de yngsta barnen
I syfte att belysa de yngsta barnen med annat modersmål än svenska i förskolan har intervjuer av pedagoger samt observationer i verksamheten utförts. Undersökningens fokus har lagts vid enskilda pedagogers åsikter och erfarenheter. Studien fokuserar på hur kommunikationen ser ut mellan barn och pedagog, hur deras modersmål bevaras och hur språkinlärningen sker. Barnens kultur och språk kommer i fokus då dessa är direkt sammankopplade till identiteten och dess utveckling. Samtliga respondenter betonar hur viktigt det är att vara tydlig, med både ord och kroppsspråk. När det handlar om att lära sig ett helt nytt språk måste tydligheten vara densamma som med ett litet barn som lär sig det verbala språket från allra första början. Resultaten visar även att pedagogerna är positivt inställda till att arbeta med flerspråkiga barn men att det många gånger saknas kunskap och resurser. Barnens modersmål fick sällan komma fram eller tränas i förskolans verksamhet. Detta ...
Iatrogent förhöjda plasmakortisolnivåer hos häst vs. fång - Epsilon Archive for Student Projects
Fång är en sjukdom där mekanisk försvagning av hovens levande viktbärande strukturer leder till att de går sönder, vilket i sin tur är smärtsamt. Diagnosen ställs på den kliniska bilden som följer av hovsmärta. Smärtsymtomen graderas 1 till 4 efter en skala framtagen av Nils Obel, där grad 4 innebär att hästen inte alls vill röra sig eller ens stillastående lyfta ett ben. Sjukdomsförloppet delas in i tre olika faser, utvecklings-, akut- och kronisk- fas. Utvecklingsfasen utgörs av allmänna diffusa symtom medan den akuta fasen innefattar bland annat hälta/rörelsestörning, smärta från hovarna, förstärkt digitalpuls samt ökad värme. Vid kronisk fång så har symtomen varat i mer än 72h eller så har en makroskopiskt skönjbar lägesförändring av hovbenet inträffat. Fång är en sjukdom där olika riskfaktorer tillsammans eller ensamma bidrar till sjukdomsutvecklingen som i slutfasen består av en mekanisk försvagning av hovens lamellager vilket via hovkapseln ...
Wanås är en plats i världen där konst, natur och historia möts. Här visas sedan 1987 internationell samtidskonst med inriktning på platsspecifika installationer. Wanås är beläget i Östra Göinge i Skåne och består av ett slott, ett ekologiskt jordbruk, en konsthall, en skulpturpark, samt en butik och ett kafé. I parken finns idag över 50 permanenta verk av bland annat Yoko Ono, Jenny Holzer och Ann-Sofi Sidén skapade specifikt för Wanås.
Flyg Stockholm Skavsta-Málaga från 198 kr: Billiga flygresor | (NYO - AGP) - KAYAK
Hitta flyg till Málaga från 198 kr. Flyg från Stockholm Skavsta med bland annat Wizz Air, Ryanair. Sök efter flyg till Málaga på KAYAK redan idag för att hitta det bästa erbjudandet.
Fettskr mds forum - Arkiv
Lika med frukt och gr nsaker. De trugade och f rs kte men jag ville inte ta. Sa att jag inte tyckte om det. Jag r allergisk mot de flesta vanliga frukter, gr nsakerna och n tterna. Men det visste inte mina f r ldrar och jag t nkte inte p att s ga att jag fick ont i munnen och halsen av det. (slemhinnorna sv ller) Utan de trodde bara att jag var f nig f r att jag inte tyckte om smaken. Jag hade alltid f tt ont och obehag av den maten men jag trodde att det skulle vara s f r jag visste inte om n got annat ...
Kunnan myyntikanava - elevatorbrewingco.com
Amerikanpitbullterrieri Luonne. Lapin sairaanhoitopiirin kuntayhtym, Julkisen sektorin. Voit koska tahansa muuttaa evsteasetuksiasi voit kirjautua sisn. M Korppila ilmoittaa, Huutokaupat.. Ricen Oy ilmoittaa, Huutokaupat. MPS-Motors oy ilmoittaa, Huutokaupat. Syntymämerkki evsteet annat meille luvan.. Pohjois-Pohjanmaan sairaanhoitopiirin kuntayhtym, Julkisen sektorin. Meill on pitk kokemus mys Julkinen ulosmitatun omaisuuden huutokauppa Ulosmitattu.. Taipalsaaren kunta, Julkisen sektorin Kuntien Huutokaupat. Ulosottolaitos, Keski-Pohjanmaan ja Pohjanmaan toimipaikat, on jo myynyt kaikenlaista.. Tee tysin ilmainen tunnus Huono Vastustuskyky. Parveke hytykyttn Vento neuvoo, ett tmn vuoden kolmatta listalousarviota sek muistuttava tilasto, jonka jlkeen palattiin.. Yli 54 toteutunutta huutokauppaa. Myymme tuotteet tykoneista arvoesineisiin. Salasana on vaihdettava ennen kuin kaikkien evsteiden kyttn.. Valitse alta, mit evsteit haluat meidn kyttvn. Verkkohuutokauppa JT Oy ilmoittaa, Huutokaupat. VR ...
Annexin A8-like protein 2 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the ANXA8L2 gene. This gene encodes a member of the annexin ... "Entrez Gene: ANXA8 annexin A8". CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Human ANXA8 genome location and ANXA8 gene details page ... 2006). "Annexin A8 is up-regulated during mouse mammary gland involution and predicts poor survival in breast cancer". Clin. ... Gerke V, Creutz CE, Moss SE (2005). "Annexins: linking Ca2+ signaling to membrane dynamics". Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 6 (6): ...
Niche (protein structural motif)
Proteins with regulatory cations often employ niches for metal binding (thrombin, Na+; annexin, Ca++; pyruvate dehydrogenase, ...
"History - Annexin Pharmaceuticals". Annexin Pharmaceuticals. Retrieved 2018-09-02. "Nasdaq Stockholm Welcomes Annexin ... Medirista Biotechnologies AB and Annexin Pharmaceuticals AB, the latter being listed on Nasdaq First North since 2017. ...
Peripheral membrane protein
"Pfam entry: Annexin". Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-01-25. "Pfam entry Synapsin N". Archived from ... The formation of ionic bridges is seen in the protein-lipid interaction between both protein C2 type domains and annexins.. Any ... They may also occur in BcL-2 like protein , in some amphiphilic antimicrobial peptides , and in certain annexins . These ... as in annexins or GLA domains. These peripheral proteins function as carriers of non-polar compounds between different types of ...
Annexin II, which is attracted to negatively charged phospholipids, binds to p11 at the Ca2+ binding site. In addition, Annexin ... Kwon M, MacLeod TJ, Zhang Y, Waisman DM (Jan 2005). "S100A10, annexin A2, and annexin a2 heterotetramer as candidate ... Complexed with the annexin II, p11 binds receptor and channel proteins and guides them to the cell surface, resulting in ... P11 and annexin II form a heterotetrameric protein complex that imitates the structure and function of S-100 proteins activated ...
Board of Directors Annexin Pharmaceuticals. Board of Governors United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC). Members European ... Tundra Fonder, Member of the Board of Directors (since 2017) Annexin Pharmaceuticals, Member of the Board of Directors NGS ...
Von Der Mark, K.; Mollenhauer, J. (1997). "Annexin V interactions with collagen". Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences. 53 (6 ... annexin V (a collagen type II receptor), and integrin receptors (of which there exist several types on chondrocytes). Using the ... and annexin V". Journal of Orthopaedic Research. 19 (6): 1122-30. doi:10.1016/S0736-0266(01)00051-1. PMID 11781014. Pulai, ...
Severe cutaneous adverse reactions
... interleukin 5 and annexin A1). DRESS syndrome: Key elements promoting tissue injury in the DRESS syndrome are: Th2 cells and ...
... intermediate filaments also with annexin I and annexin II. S100A11 is able to control reorganization of actin and it is ... Seemann J, Weber K, Gerke V (August 1997). "Annexin I targets S100C to early endosomes". FEBS Letters. 413 (1): 185-90. doi: ... "Calcium-dependent binding of S100C to the N-terminal domain of annexin I". The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 271 (2): 719-25 ... the N-terminal part of annexin I". Structure. 8 (2): 175-84. doi:10.1016/s0969-2126(00)00093-9. PMID 10673436. Shankar J, ...
... sulfatide binding to annexin V accelerates coagulation; third, sulfatide and P-selectin interactions expressed on platelets, ...
Mary Ann McLaughlin
Annexin II and bleeding in acute promyelocytic leukemia. N Engl J Med 1991; 340: 994-1004. Mclaughlin M, Fuster V. Three ...
Lennon NJ, Kho A, Bacskai BJ, Perlmutter SL, Hyman BT, Brown RH (2003). "Dysferlin interacts with annexins A1 and A2 and ... including annexin and MG53. Exactly how dysferlin contributes to membrane resealing is not clear, but biochemical evidence ... "Enhanced Muscular Dystrophy from Loss of Dysferlin Is Accompanied by Impaired Annexin A6 Translocation after Sarcolemmal ...
The other group, called annexins, bind calcium and phospholipids such as lipocortin. Many other proteins bind calcium, although ...
Morel, Etienne; Gruenberg, Jean (2007-10-31). "The p11/S100A10 Light Chain of Annexin A2 Is Dispensable for Annexin A2 ... Annexin A2 (previously named Annexin II), the vacuolar ATPase, COP coat proteins, the N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor, the ... Emans, N.; Gorvel, J. P.; Walter, C.; Gerke, V.; Kellner, R.; Griffiths, G.; Gruenberg, J. (1993-03-02). "Annexin II is a major ... Harder, T.; Kellner, R.; Parton, R. G.; Gruenberg, J. (1997). "Specific release of membrane-bound annexin II and cortical ...
Annexin A5 forms a shield around negatively charged phospholipid molecules, thus reducing their availability for coagulation. ... Thus, anti-annexin A5 antibodies increase phospholipid-dependent coagulation steps. The lupus anticoagulant antibodies are ...
... annexin-1) synthesis. Lipocortin-1 both suppresses phospholipase A2, thereby blocking eicosanoid production, and inhibits ...
Kirshner J, Schumann D, Shively JE (December 2003). "CEACAM1, a cell-cell adhesion molecule, directly associates with annexin ... CEACAM1 has been shown to interact with PTPN11 and Annexin A2. Carcinoembryonic antigen Cluster of differentiation GRCh38: ...
Demonbreun AR, Quattrocelli M, Barefield DY, Allen MV, Swanson KE, McNally EM (June 2016). "An actin-dependent annexin complex ...
Okuse K, Malik-Hall M, Baker MD, Poon WY, Kong H, Chao MV, Wood JN (June 2002). "Annexin II light chain regulates sensory ... annexin II light chain). It has been shown using the yeast-two hybrid screening method that p11 binds to a 28-amino-acid ... "Deletion of annexin 2 light chain p11 in nociceptors causes deficits in somatosensory coding and pain behavior" (PDF). The ...
Annexin A2, a membrane-bound protein, helps regulate vomocytosis and promote the fusing of vesicles to the plasma membranes. In ... annexin A2 deficient cell lines, rates of vomocytosis were decreased. Furthermore, screens of macrophage kinase inhibitors ...
Annexin A5-stained EVs, etc.); or c) descriptions of conditions or cell of origin (podocyte EVs, hypoxic EVs, large oncosomes, ...
Structure and stability of per-thiaproline mutant or annexin V". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 95 (2): 455-459. doi:10.1073/pnas. ...
Crystals can attach to membranes via annexin II, CD44, and osteopontin. The most straightforward treatment of crystallopathies ...
One candidate is Annexin A2, identified as being able of binding progastrin and derived peptides. Annexin A2 is a partial ... In addition, annexin A2 may be involved in progastrin-dependent clathrin endocytosis. However, progastrin affinity for Annexin ... And, although Annexin A2 plays a role in progastrin functions, it does not fit a receptor function. Another candidate is the G ... In particular, Annexin A2 mediates NF-kappaB upregulation and ß-catenin in response to progastrin in mice and HEK-293 cells. ...
Seidah NG, Poirier S, Denis M, Parker R, Miao B, Mapelli C, Prat A, Wassef H, Davignon J, Hajjar KA, Mayer G (2012). "Annexin ... Annexin A2, an endogenous protein, is a natural inhibitor of PCSK9 activity. GRCh38: Ensembl release 89: ENSG00000169174 - ... Mayer G, Poirier S, Seidah NG (November 2008). "Annexin A2 is a C-terminal PCSK9-binding protein that regulates endogenous low ...
Hairy cell leukemia
Annexin A1 List of cutaneous conditions "Hairy cell leukemia: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia". medlineplus.gov. Retrieved ...
2003). "A potential endogenous ligand of annexin IV in the exocrine pancreas. Carbohydrate structure of GP-2, a ...
Annexin A5, a human cellular protein. *ATC code A05 Bile and liver therapy, a subgroup of the Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical ...
He has also solved the structure of an important class of calcium binding proteins - the annexins. Finally his very accurate ...
2006). "Tenascin C and annexin II expression in the process of pancreatic carcinogenesis". The Journal of Pathology. 208 (5): ...
Annexin - Wikipedia
However some annexins (Annexin A1, Annexin A2, and Annexin A5) have also been found outside the cellular environment, for ... Annexin, type I InterPro: IPR002388 Annexin, type II InterPro: IPR002389 Annexin, type III InterPro: IPR002390 Annexin, type IV ... In addition to annexin A-II, annexin A-XI has also been shown to organize cell membrane properties. Annexin A-XI is believed to ... The 310 amino acid annexin core has four annexin repeats, each composed of 5 alpha-helices. The exception is annexin A-VI that ...
Annexin Pharmaceuticals - Wikipedia
The concept for the therapy is based on the anti-inflammatory properties of Annexin A5, a body own protective protein that acts ... Annexin Pharmaceuticals is a Swedish privately held biotech company developing new therapeutic approaches for inflammatory ... The company is currently focusing on treatment of peripheral artery disease (PAD). Martz, Lauren (May 26, 2014). "Annexin: ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) http://www.solidinfo.se/foretag/annexin-pharmaceuticals-ab/personer www. ...
The annexins of Dictyostelium. - PubMed - NCBI
In cell fractionation studies, annexin C2 cofractionates with annexin C1 and is enriched in the 100,000 g pellet. Like annexin ... and the annexin C2 gene (nxnB) coding for a 56-kDa protein with 33% sequence identity to annexin C1. Annexin C2 is expressed at ... Annexin C2 is not observed in the nucleus. An annexin C1 mutant (SYN-) which shows a defect during multicellular development ... Analysis of the Dictyostelium genome revealed the presence of two annexin genes, the annexin C1 gene (nxnA) giving rise to two ...
annexin family [Micromonas commoda] - Protein - NCBI
Annexins - - kirja(9781461348412) | Adlibris kirjakauppa
Lähetetään 5‑9 arkipäivässä.. Osta kirja Annexins (ISBN 9781461348412) osoitteesta Adlibris.fi. Ilmainen toimitus Meillä on ... The Annexins is focused on a specific family of calcium and membrane-binding proteins, annexins, ubiquitously spread within ... provides an up-to-date overview of potential physiological roles of annexins. Growing evidence of participation of annexins in ... The Annexin V Binding Properties of Platelet-Derived Microparticles. Connor David. 68,50 € ...
Annexins: linking Ca 2+ signalling to membrane dynamics | Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology
A unique class of these proteins - annexins - can bind to certain membrane phospholipids in a Ca2+-dependent manner, providing ... By forming networks on the membrane surface, annexins can function as organizers of membrane domains and membrane-recruitment ... These and related properties enable annexins to participate in several otherwise unrelated events that range from membrane ... HYDRA ANNEXIN. Annexin B12 is the predominant annexin in the freshwater cnidarian Hydra vulgaris, and has been the prototype ...
Annexin - Heterodera glycines (Soybean cyst nematode worm)
IPR001464 Annexin. IPR018502 Annexin_repeat. IPR018252 Annexin_repeat_CS. IPR037104 Annexin_sf. ... IPR001464 Annexin. IPR018502 Annexin_repeat. IPR018252 Annexin_repeat_CS. IPR037104 Annexin_sf. ... A pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid.UniRule annotation. Automatic assertion ... Belongs to the annexin family.UniRule annotation. Automatic assertion according to rulesi ...
Annexin V FITC Conjugate from human placenta
Annexin V,PAP-1; find Sigma-Aldrich-A9210 MSDS, related peer-reviewed papers, technical documents, similar products & more at ... Annexin V FITC Conjugate from human placenta; Synonyms: Calphosbindin I,Lipocortin V, ... Annexin V conjugates can be used to detect apoptotic cells significantly earlier than DNA-based assays. Fluorescent dye labeled ... Annexins are ubiquitous homologous proteins that bind phospholipids in the presence of calcium. The cellular changes involved ...
Neonatal Hyperoxic Exposure Persistently Alters Lung Secretoglobins and Annexin A1
ANXA1 - Annexin A1 - Rodentia sp. - ANXA1 gene & protein
IPR001464. Annexin. IPR018502. Annexin_repeat. IPR018252. Annexin_repeat_CS. IPR037104. Annexin_sf. IPR002388. ANX1. ... IPR001464. Annexin. IPR018502. Annexin_repeat. IPR018252. Annexin_repeat_CS. IPR037104. Annexin_sf. IPR002388. ANX1. ... Annexin 1Add BLAST. 61. ,p>This subsection of the Family and Domains section indicates the positions and types of repeated ... Annexin 2Add BLAST. 61. ,p>This subsection of the Family and Domains section indicates the positions and types of repeated ...
Anti-Annexin A2 antibody (ab2242) | Abcam
Goat polyclonal Annexin A2 antibody validated for WB and tested in Human. Referenced in 2 publications and 1 independent review ... Anti-Annexin A2 antibody (ab2242) at 0.5 µg/ml + A431 lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg. Developed using the ECL technique.. ... Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Annexin A2 peptide ( ... A pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid. ...
Anti-Annexin A1 antibody (ab97485) | Abcam
Rabbit polyclonal Annexin A1 antibody validated for WB, IHC, ICC/IF and tested in Human. Immunogen corresponding to recombinant ... Anti-Annexin A1 antibody (ab97485) at 1/1000 dilution + H1299 whole cell lysate at 30 µg. Predicted band size : 39 kDa. ... A pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid. ... Recombinant protein fragment containing a sequence corresponding to a region within amino acids 1-198 of Human Annexin A1 ( ...
Anti-Annexin A5 Antibody Products | Biocompare
Compare Anti-Annexin A5 Antibody Products from leading suppliers on Biocompare. View specifications, prices, citations, reviews ... Anti-Annexin A5 Antibody Products. Anti-Annexin A5 antibodies are available from several suppliers. In humans, this protein is ... Annexin V is an early apoptotic marker and is often used for detecting apoptosis in cells. Annexins are a family of calcium- ... We typically use Annexin V in combination with 7AAD or PI, to determine apoptosis by flow cytometry. We prefer the... Read ...
Differential Modulation of Annexin I Binding Sites on Monocytes and Neutrophils
RealTime-Glo(TM) Annexin V Apoptosis Assay, 100 Assay
JCI - Recombinant annexin A6 promotes membrane repair and protects against muscle injury
To elucidate how annexins facilitate repair, we visualized annexin cap formation during injury. We found that annexin cap size ... These data identify annexins as mediators of membrane-associated Ca2+ release during membrane repair and annexin A6 as a ... Annexins are a family of membrane-associated Ca2+-binding proteins implicated in repair, and annexin A6 was previously ... Annexin A6 overexpression reduced membrane injury, consistent with enhanced repair. Treatment with recombinant annexin A6 ...
JCI - Recombinant annexin A6 promotes membrane repair and protects against muscle injury
In contrast, annexin A6 contains 2 annexin cores and thus 8 annexin-repeat domains (22). Annexin A6s duplicated structure ... annexin A1 (NM_010730), annexin A2 (NM_007585), annexin A6 (NM_013472), and annexin A6-encoding sequencing from multiple ... To elucidate how annexins facilitate repair, we visualized annexin cap formation during injury. We found that annexin cap size ... Annexins have the ability to self- and hetero-oligomerize (21). Typical annexins like A1 and A2 contain 1 annexin core composed ...
Annexins V and VI: major calcium-dependent atrial secretory granule-binding proteins. | Hypertension
Annexins V and VI: major calcium-dependent atrial secretory granule-binding proteins.. A F Doubell, A J Bester, G Thibault ... The two major proteins isolated (32.5 kd and 67 kd) are calcium-binding proteins and have been identified as annexins V and VI ... Annexins V and VI: major calcium-dependent atrial secretory granule-binding proteins. ... Annexins V and VI: major calcium-dependent atrial secretory granule-binding proteins. ...
Annexin - Proteopedia, life in 3D
Annexin A-V has a major role in coagulation. Annexin AII has a major role in fibrinolysis. Annexins bind phospholipids and Ca+2 ... Annexins divide into species and are numbered from I to XII. Annexin V is the most abundant scaffolding protein. Annexin E1 ( ... Annexin I is involved in anti-inflammatory responses and apoptotic mechanisms. Structural highlights Annexins consist of 2 ... Annexins are proteins which make a membrane scaffold. They bind negatively charged phospholipids and contain a 70 amino acid ...
BD Annexin V-FITC:Life Sciences:Cell Analysis | Fisher Scientific
APC Annexin V
Annexin V (or Annexin A5) is a member of the annexin family of intracellular proteins that binds to phosphatidylserine (PS) in ... Annexin V (or Annexin A5) is a member of the annexin family of intracellular proteins that binds to phosphatidylserine (PS) in ... Annexin V Binding Buffer (Cat. No. 422201) is recommended for use with Annexin V staining. Annexin V binding alone cannot ... Why do I need to use Annexin V Binding Buffer? Annexin V binding requires the presence of calcium in the solution. So, we ...
ANXA1 (annexin A1)
... annexin A1), Authors: Flavia Cristina Rodrigues-Lisoni, Tiago Henrique, Eloiza Helena Tajara. Published in: Atlas Genet ... Similarly to other annexins, annexin A1 is characterized by a C-terminal homologous domain with 4 to 8 repeats of 70-75 ... The comparison of conserved and variable residues between human annexin 1 protein and annexin protein from different ... Loss of annexin A1 expression in breast cancer progression.. Cao Y, Li Y, Edelweiss M, Arun B, Rosen D, Resetkova E, Wu Y, Liu ...
mKate2-annexin fusion: 603-2313. mKate2: 603-1314. Start codon (ATG): 603-605. Last amino acid in mKate2: 1312-1314. Annexin A4 ... pmKate2-annexin. FP321. 20 μg. € 400 / 200*. *50% discount on the second and subsequent vectors encoding same fluorescent ... pmKate2-annexin vector. cat.# FP321. The vector sequence has been compiled using the information from sequence databases, ...
Structure Cluster - 1BCW: RECOMBINANT RAT ANNEXIN V, T72A MUTANT 3D Similarity Report Page
Sequence Similarity - 1BCZ: RECOMBINANT RAT ANNEXIN V, T72S MUTANT Sequence Similarity Report Page
Annexin 2 Receptor RNAi: Novus Biologicals
Browse our Annexin 2 Receptor RNAi catalog backed by our Guarantee+. ... Alternate Names for Annexin 2 Receptor RNAi. Annexin 2 Receptor RNAi, ANXA2R RNAi, Annexin II receptor RNAi, annexin-2 receptor ... Annexin 2 Receptor RNAi. We offer Annexin 2 Receptor RNAi for use in common research applications. Each Annexin 2 Receptor RNAi ... Our Annexin 2 Receptor RNAi can be used in a variety of model species: Human. Use the list below to choose the Annexin 2 ...
Annexin V Antibody Pairs: Novus Biologicals
Browse our Annexin V Antibody Pair catalog backed by our Guarantee+. ... Annexin V Antibody Pairs available through Novus Biologicals. ... Annexin V Antibody Pairs. We offer Annexin V Antibody Pairs for ... Alternate Names for Annexin V Antibody Pairs. Annexin V antibody pair, ANXA5 antibody pair, Anchorin CII antibody pair, annexin ... Our Annexin V Antibody Pairs can be used in a variety of model species: Human. Use the list below to choose the Annexin V ...
Anxa3 (annexin A3) - Rat Genome Database
ANXA3 (annexin A3). NCBI. Ortholog. Mus musculus (house mouse):. Anxa3 (annexin A3). Transitive Ortholog Pipeline. Transitive ... Anxa3 (annexin A3). Transitive Ortholog Pipeline. Transitive Ortholog Pipeline. Sus scrofa (pig):. ANXA3 (annexin A3). ... ANXA3 (annexin A3). Transitive Ortholog Pipeline. Transitive Ortholog Pipeline. Canis lupus familiaris (dog):. ANXA3 (annexin ... Homo sapiens (human) : ANXA3 (annexin A3) HGNC Alliance Mus musculus (house mouse) : Anxa3 (annexin A3) MGI Alliance Rattus ...
Autoantibodies targeting glomerular annexin A2 identify patients with proliferative lupus nephritis
Serum antibodies against annexin A2 were significantly elevated in subjects with proliferative LN, validating those antibodies ... annexin A2. By ELISA, patients with proliferative LN demonstrated significantly increased antibodies against annexin A2. ... Autoantibodies targeting glomerular annexin A2 identify patients with proliferative lupus nephritis Proteomics Clin Appl. 2015 ... Serum antibodies against annexin A2 were significantly elevated in subjects with proliferative LN, validating those antibodies ...
Phospholipid-bindingGeneIntracellularAntibodyANXA1PhosphatidylserineMember of the annexin familyExpression of annexinOverexpressionAffinityBinding BufferNegatively charged phospholipidsPhospholipidsLipocortinLevels of annexinApoptoticPlasma membraneAssayAnti-inflammatoryConjugatesMembrane-bindingFlow cytometry2018ReagentsAminoDetection of apoptosisInteractionHighly conservedBindsCellsRepeatsAnticoagulant proteinHuman Annexin A2TranslocationSpeciesPathwaysRole of annexinPresence of annexinEvidence that annexinPlacentaVitro and in vivoPhospholipaseSeveral annexinsIdentify annexinsPhysiologicalCalcium-dependent phospholipidVivoFamilyConjugateRecombinant Protein
- A gene on chromosome 9q21.13 that encodes annexin 1, a calcium/phospholipid-binding protein that promotes membrane fusion and is involved in exocytosis. (thefreedictionary.com)
- A gene on chromosome 8q24.13 that encodes annexin 13, a calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding protein that plays a role in regulating cell growth and signal transduction. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Description This Annexin V calcium dependent phospholipid binding protein will be downstream of BCL2 pathway and at caspase apoptotic level. (gentaur.com)
- The human anticoagulant, Annexin V, is a 35-36 kDa Ca2+-dependent phospholipid-binding protein that has a high affinity for PS. (abbkine.com)
- Affinity purification and mass spectrometry analysis identified annexin A11, a calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding protein. (bmj.com)
- Annexin A1 is an intracellular calcium/phospholipid-binding protein that is involved in membrane organization and the regulation of the immune system. (jimmunol.org)
- Annexin is a known calcium (Ca 2+ )-phospholipid binding protein, and the annexin family includes more than 160 unique proteins present in more than 65 different species, ranging from fungi and protists to plants and higher vertebrates ( Gerke and Moss, 2002 ). (frontiersin.org)
- Annexin A2 is a calcium-dependent, phospholipid-binding protein found on many cell types. (biochemsoctrans.org)
- Increased expression of the gene coding for annexin-1 is one of the mechanisms by which glucocorticoids (such as cortisol) inhibit inflammation. (wikipedia.org)
- Analysis of the Dictyostelium genome revealed the presence of two annexin genes, the annexin C1 gene (nxnA) giving rise to two isoforms of 47 and 51 kDa (previously synexin), and the annexin C2 gene (nxnB) coding for a 56-kDa protein with 33% sequence identity to annexin C1. (nih.gov)
- Reduced expression of ANXA1 could be explain by some mechanisms include gene deletions and mutations, hyper-methylation of the promoter with subsequent loss of transcription, and alterations in the post-translation processing (e.g. phosphorylation) of the protein involved in annexins regulation (de Coupade et al. (atlasgeneticsoncology.org)
- it is likely that nuclear annexin A1 is involved in DNA replication, especially DNA damage induced gene mutation, since DNA damage induced mutagenesis plays an important role in tumorigenesis. (intechopen.com)
- Annexin A1, a gene related to phagocytosis, was found to be one of the most highly upregulated genes in hairy cell leukemia. (fishersci.com)
- Annexin VII is a member of the annexin family of calcium-dependent phospholipid binding proteins.The Annexin VII gene contains 14 exons and spans approximately 34 kb of DNA. (antibodies-online.com)
- The un ique, conse rved aspects of annexin A13 primary structure, gene organization, and genetic maps identify it as t (show SDC2 Antibodies )he pr oba (show MYC Antibodies )ble common ancestor of all vertebrate annexins. (antibodies-online.com)
- Mouse annexin A13 cDNA was used to map the gene to an orthologous linkage group in mouse chromosome 15 (between Sdc2 (show SDC2 Antibodies ) and Myc (show MYC Antibodies ) by backcross analysis). (antibodies-online.com)
- Annexin I gene, mapped to 9q11-q22, is located on mouse chromosome 19. (ihcworld.com)
- A common haplotype of the annexin A5 (ANXA5) gene promoter is associated with recurrent pregnancy loss. (semanticscholar.org)
- The overexpression of annexin II by gene transfer into HepG2 cells leads to the up-regulation of the cellular levels of p11 by a post-translational mechanism. (biochemj.org)
- The protein family of annexins has continued to grow since their association with intracellular membranes was first reported in 1977. (wikipedia.org)
- The diverse structure of the N-terminus confers specificity to annexin intracellular signaling. (wikipedia.org)
- In addition it is present in the perinuclear region and overlaps to some degree with the Golgi apparatus, whereas annexin C1 is present on intracellular membranes resembling endosomal membranes and in the nucleus. (nih.gov)
- Interfering with intracellular annexin function, by overexpressing mutants or by using RNA-interference-mediated downregulation, has different effects depending on the annexin being targeted. (nature.com)
- We also found that annexin overexpression promoted external blebs enriched in Ca2+ and correlated with a reduction of intracellular Ca2+ at the injury site. (jci.org)
- Annexin V (or Annexin A5) is a member of the annexin family of intracellular proteins that binds to phosphatidylserine (PS) in a calcium-dependent manner. (biolegend.com)
- Our findings show that types II and X collagen interacted with cell surface-expressed annexin V. These interactions led to a stimulation of annexin V-mediated Ca 2+ influx resulting in an increased intracellular Ca 2+ concentration, [Ca 2+ ] i , and ultimately increased alkaline phosphatase activity and mineralization of growth plate chondrocytes. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Annexin V belongs to the annexin family of intracellular proteins that bind to membrane phospholipids in a calcium-dependent manner. (stemcell.com)
- Annexin A2 is a 36-kDa protein produced by endothelial cells, monocytes, macrophages, trophoblast cells, and some tumor cells and exists both free in the cytoplasm and in association with intracellular and plasma membrane surfaces. (biovendor.com)
- Annexin A5 is an intracellular protein that is abundantly present in endothelial cells and platelets, and which exhibits a high affinity for anionic phospholipids in membranes. (ahajournals.org)
- We offer Annexin V Antibody Pairs for use in common research applications: Immunoprecipitation, Sandwich ELISA, Western Blot. (novusbio.com)
- Each Annexin V Antibody Pair is fully covered by our Guarantee+, to give you complete peace of mind and the support when you need it. (novusbio.com)
- Choose from our Annexin V Antibody Pairs. (novusbio.com)
- The following product was used in this experiment: Annexin A1 Recombinant Polyclonal Antibody from Thermo Fisher Scientific, catalog # 711089, RRID AB_2633117. (thermofisher.com)
- Formalin fixed paraffin embedded human skin stained with Annexin I antibody showing cytoplasmic staining pattern. (ihcworld.com)
- WB analysis of various samples using GTX30048 Annexin IV antibody.The signal was developed with ECL plus-Enhanced. (genetex.com)
- Immunoprecipitation of Annexin IV protein from HepG2 whole cell extracts using 5 μg of Annexin IV antibody (GTX103249). (genetex.com)
- Western blot analysis was performed using Annexin IV antibody (GTX103249). (genetex.com)
- Immunofluorescence analysis of methanol-fixed HeLa, using Annexin A4(GTX103249) antibody at 1:200 dilution. (genetex.com)
- Annexin IV antibody detects ANXA4 protein at cytosol and membrane on D54MG xenograft by immunohistochemical analysis. (genetex.com)
- Annexin IV antibody (GTX103249) dilution: 1:500. (genetex.com)
- depletion of annexin A1 by a specific antibody diminished supernatant cytotoxicity. (sciencemag.org)
- Expression of lung SCGB and annexin A1 (ANXA1) is persistently altered in CCSP knockout mice suggesting that CCSP indirectly influences innate immune responses. (hindawi.com)
- ANXA1_RODSP Annexin A1 OS=Rodentia sp. (uniprot.org)
- It has been shown that N-terminal portion of the Annexin A1 protein (AnxA1) with its anti-inflammatory properties induces epithelial mucosa repair and presents potential therapeutic approaches. (frontiersin.org)
- We hypothesized that Annexin A1 (ANXA1), present in MSC-EVs, contributed to their therapeutic potential by targeting the ANXA1/Formyl peptide receptor (FPR), thereby preventing loss of the BBB integrity. (mdpi.com)
- Since the movement of phosphatidylserine from the internal membrane surface to the external surface is an early indicator of apoptosis, annexin V and its conjugates that interact strongly and specifically with phosphatidylserine may be used to detect apoptosis. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Annexin V conjugates are useful for detecting translocated phosphatidylserine (PS), a hallmark of apoptosis. (thermofisher.com)
- We have collaborated with Nexins Research BV-the original developer of fluorescent phosphatidylserine-binding proteins-to produce annexin V conjugates with superior brightness. (thermofisher.com)
- These annexin V conjugates provide quick and reliable detection methods for studying the externalization of phosphatidylserine, an indicator of intermediate stages of apoptosis. (thermofisher.com)
- The binding of Annexin V to phosphatidylserine is calcium-dependent, reversible, but very tight, with a Kd of approximately 5 x 10 -10 M. At low PS concentration, a binding ratio of 8 annexins to one PS has been reported. (trevigen.com)
- The ApoAlert Annexin V Apoptosis Kit provides a simple and effective method to detect one of the earliest events in apoptosis-the externalization of phosphatidylserine (PS)-in living cells. (clontech.com)
- Annexin A5 uptake in ischemic myocardium: demonstration of reversible phosphatidylserine externalization and feasibility of radionuclide imaging. (semanticscholar.org)
- Lactadherin binding and phosphatidylserine expression on cell surface-comparison with annexin A5. (semanticscholar.org)
- In this work, we have formulated annexin/phosphatidylserine/phytantriol and annexin/phosphatidylserine/monoolein cubosomes based on incorporation of 1,2-dipalmitoyl- sn-glycero -3-phospho- L -serine (PS) lipid and annexin V (ANX) protein with phytantriol (Phy) and monoolein (MO) respectively. (rsc.org)
- Annexin VI and PKC α are both calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding proteins, and detection of the interaction was dependent on the presence of calcium and phosphatidylserine (PS). (portlandpress.com)
- Annexin V's preferential binding partner is phosphatidylserine (PS). (biovendor.com)
- Abstract[68Ga]Annexin A5 positron emission tomography (PET) reveals the externalization of phosphatidylserine as a surrogate marker for apoptosis. (biomedsearch.com)
Member of the annexin family3
- ANXA13 encodes a member of the annexin family. (antibodies-online.com)
- Annexin A10 (ANXA10) is a member of the annexin family of calcium-binding proteins that contains a few members which are described by a conserved core domain that binds phospholipids in a Ca2+-dependent manner, and a unique amino-terminal region, which may convene binding specificity. (prospecbio.com)
- Annexin VII is a member of the annexin family of calcium-dependent phospholipid binding proteins. (neuromics.com)
Expression of annexin3
- For comparison, the expression of annexin V (also called endonexin II) was measured in HFF cells. (rupress.org)
- In contrast, the expression of annexin II (also called calpactin I) and annexin IV (also called endonexin I) remained relatively unchanged in growing and quiescent HFF cells. (rupress.org)
- Thus, the degree of expression of annexin II, which varies according to different states of cellular differentiation and transformation, is an essential factor in the regulation of cellular levels of p11. (biochemj.org)
- An annexin C1 mutant (SYN-) which shows a defect during multicellular development can be rescued by full-length annexin C1, whereas overexpression of GFP-AnxC2 did not rescue the developmental defect The data support the concept that annexins, although having a highly conserved structure, participate in different functions in a cell. (nih.gov)
- Annexin A6 overexpression reduced membrane injury, consistent with enhanced repair. (jci.org)
- Ectopic overexpression of Annexin A13 was likewise sufficient to sensitize malignant breast cancer cells to treatment with Rapamycin. (antibodies-online.com)
- Deng S, Jing B, Xing T, Hou L, Yang Z. Overexpression of annexin A2 is associated with abnormal ubiquitination in breast cancer. (biovendor.com)
- Using mRNA differential display, we identified frequent overexpression of alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) at 4q11-q13 and osteopontin (OPN) at 4q21-q25, and downregulation of annexin A10 (ANXA10) at 4q33. (aacrjournals.org)
- In some annexins it can become phosphorylated and can cause affinity changes for calcium in the core region or alter cytoplasmic protein interaction. (wikipedia.org)
- This assay uses annexin V, which has a strong and specific affinity for PS, to monitor the PS translocation that occurs due to apoptosis. (clontech.com)
- The PS translocation in apoptosis can be detected by using labeled annexin V. Annexin V is a 36 kDa human protein that binds specifically, in a calcium-dependent manner, with nanomolar affinity to externalized PS. (perkinelmer.com)
- Annexin V binds to procoagulant phospholipids (Vascular anticoagulant alpha) with high affinity. (biovendor.com)
- Once on the cell surface, PS can easily bind to Biotin-conjugated-Annexin V, a protein that has a strong natural affinity for PS. (tebu-bio.com)
- The human anticoagulant, Annexin V, is a 35 kDa Ca2 -dependent phospholipid protein with a high affinity for PS. (biotium.com)
- Objective- To investigate binding of C-reactive protein (CRP) and annexin A5, 2 proteins with high affinity for negatively charged phospholipids, to oxidized low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and the consequences of these interactions for subsequent binding of oxidized LDL to monocyte/macrophage-like U937 cells. (ahajournals.org)
- 19 Because of its high affinity for anionic phospholipids, similar to CRP, annexin A5 might have an inhibitory effect on macrophage uptake of oxidized LDL via scavenger receptors. (ahajournals.org)
- No. 425303 at 5 nM) in Annexin V Binding buffer for 15 minutes at at 37°C. (biolegend.com)
- Annexin V Binding Buffer (Cat. (biolegend.com)
- For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per 100,000 - million cells in a 100 µl volume of Annexin V Binding Buffer (Cat No. 422201). (biolegend.com)
- No. 420201) and then resuspend cells in Annexin V Binding Buffer (Cat. (biolegend.com)
- 6. Add 400 µl of Annexin V Binding Buffer (Cat. (biolegend.com)
- Jurkat cells were induced with 10 µM camptothecin, then cells were washed in annexin-binding buffer and stained with Annexin V PE and SYTOX Green . (thermofisher.com)
- TACS ® Annexin V kits are supplied with an Annexin V conjugate, an optimized binding buffer and propidium iodide. (trevigen.com)
- Cells are harvested and washed, then incubated with an Annexin V conjugate in binding buffer, for 15 minutes at room temperature prior to direct analysis. (trevigen.com)
- The Annexin V Apoptosis Detection Kit includes Annexin V (Catalog #100-0329 or Catalog #100-0333 or Catalog #100-0331), Annexin V Binding Buffer (Catalog #100-0334), and 7-AAD (Catalog #75001). (stemcell.com)
- The Annexin V Binding Buffer is recommended for any labeling and washing step using fluorochrome- or biotin-conjugated MACS® Annexin V, the Annexin V MicroBead Kit, or the Dead Cell Removal Kit. (miltenyibiotec.com)
Negatively charged phospholipids3
- The criteria that a protein has to meet to be classified as an annexin are: it has to be capable of binding negatively charged phospholipids in a calcium dependent manner and must contain a 70 amino acid repeat sequence called an annexin repeat. (wikipedia.org)
- This core domain enables Ca 2+ -bound annexins to peripherally dock onto membranes that contain negatively charged phospholipids. (nature.com)
- They bind negatively charged phospholipids and contain a 70 amino acid long annexin repeat. (proteopedia.org)
- A unique class of these proteins - annexins - can bind to certain membrane phospholipids in a Ca 2+ -dependent manner, providing a link between Ca 2+ signalling and membrane functions. (nature.com)
- Annexins are ubiquitous homologous proteins that bind phospholipids in the presence of calcium. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Annexins bind phospholipids and Ca+2 ions. (proteopedia.org)
- Annexin V is a protein of unknown biological function that undergoes Ca(2+)-dependent binding to phospholipids located on the cytosolic face of the plasma membrane. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Furthermore, annexin V has an anti-inflammatory effect by protecting phospholipids from phospholipase A2 activity. (bmj.com)
- citation needed] Annexin is also known as lipocortin. (wikipedia.org)
- Annexin I (also called lipocortin 1) is a substrate for the EGF-stimulated tyrosine kinase and is postulated to be involved in mitogenic signal transduction. (rupress.org)
- Annexin I, also knows as lipocortin I (Lipo1), belongs to the family of annexins. (ihcworld.com)
Levels of annexin4
- Indeed, certain types of cancers such as hepatoma and pancreas cancers have higher levels of annexin A1 ( Lim & Pervaiz, 2007 ). (intechopen.com)
- In keeping with this interpretation, some types of cancers such as esophageal carcinoma and prostate cancer have decreased levels of annexin A1 ( Lim & Pervaiz, 2007 ). (intechopen.com)
- Annexin II (p36) and p11, which belong to two different families of calcium-binding proteins, are able to form a heterotetrameric protein complex (p36) 2 (p11) 2 called calpactin I. As these proteins were detectable only in the presence of each other in a variety of cell lines, we studied the mechanisms of regulation of cellular levels of annexin II and p11. (biochemj.org)
- Increased plasma levels of annexin A5 were observed in patients with acute myocardial infarction or unstable angina, 18 and abundant expression is observed in atherosclerotic lesions of coronary arteries. (ahajournals.org)
- Annexin V conjugates can be used to detect apoptotic cells significantly earlier than DNA-based assays. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Annexin I is involved in anti-inflammatory responses and apoptotic mechanisms. (proteopedia.org)
- Fluorochrome-labeled Annexin V can then be used to specifically target and identify apoptotic cells. (biolegend.com)
- Annexin V binding alone cannot differentiate between apoptotic cells and necrotic. (biolegend.com)
- Annexin V conjugates can be used in combination with other dyes, including nucleic acid stains, to accurately assess mixed populations of apoptotic and nonapoptotic cells. (thermofisher.com)
- The difference in fluorescence intensity between apoptotic and nonapoptotic cells stained with our fluorescent annexin V conjugates, as measured by flow cytometry, is typically about 100-fold. (thermofisher.com)
- Cells were then treated with Annexin V Alexa Fluor 488 to identify apoptotic cells and with propidium iodide to identify dead cells, followed by flow cytometric analysis. (thermofisher.com)
- Annexin V fluorescent conjugates can be used to detect apoptotic cells. (biotium.com)
- Thus, cells undergoing early apoptosis stain positive for Annexin V and negative for viability dyes, while apoptotic death or necrosis is characterized by positive staining for both Annexin V and 7-AAD. (stemcell.com)
- Annexin V konjugiert mit fluoreszierenden Farbstoff wie Fluorescein erfolgt - gemeinhin als FITC - ist eine Membran undurchlässig, natürlichen Liganden für PS, und daher leicht identifiziert frühen Apoptotic Zellen durch die Bindung an die externalisierte PS. (jove.com)
- Annexin V detection kits and individual reagents allow to identify early apoptotic cells due to our highly sensitive probes. (promocell.com)
- Abbkine Annexin V-AbFluor™ 555 Apoptosis Detection Kit contains Annexin V labeled with our proprietary orange fluorescent dye AbFluor™ 555, which allows the identification and quantification of apoptotic cells by flow cytometry or fluorescence microscopy. (abbkine.com)
- Fig. Annexin V-AbFluor™ 555 Apoptosis Detection Kit allows the identification and quantification of apoptotic cells by flow cytometry or fluorescence microscopy. (abbkine.com)
- Annexin V labeled with a fluorophore or biotin can identify apoptotic cells by binding to PS exposed on the outer leaflet. (abbkine.com)
- It has been attributed an anti-inflammatory role at various control levels, and recently we could show that annexin A1 externalization during secondary necrosis provides an important fail-safe mechanism counteracting inflammatory responses when the timely clearance of apoptotic cells has failed. (jimmunol.org)
- Annexin V will bind to the PS-exposing apoptotic cell and can inhibit the procoagulant and proinflammatory activities of the dying cell. (biovendor.com)
- This kit contains CF488A-Annexin V to stain apoptotic cells and PI to stain necrotic cells. (biotium.com)
- Annexin V labeled with CF®488A (Abs/Em= 490/515 nm) can identify apoptotic cells in green by binding to PS exposed on the outer leaflet. (biotium.com)
- Martin M, Leffler J, Blom AM. Annexin A2 and A5 serve as new ligands for C1q on apoptotic cells. (biovendor.com)
- Like annexin C1, GFP-AnxC2 stains the plasma membrane. (nih.gov)
- Annexin I belongs to a family of Ca (2+) -dependent phospholipid binding proteins that are preferentially located on the cytosolic face of the plasma membrane. (thermofisher.com)
- We show that hypoxia promotes the interaction of the recombinant annexin A2-S100A10 (p11) and annexin A6 with the plasma membrane. (biochemj.org)
- Our results show that annexin A6 and the heterotetramer A2-S100A10 (but not annexins A1, A4 and A5) interact independently of Ca 2+ with the plasma membrane at pH 6.2 and 6.6. (biochemj.org)
- Annexins are normally located in the cytoplasm or at the inner plasma membrane surface. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Among them, the annexin A2 (AnxA2)-S100A10 complex has been shown to participate in the tethering/docking of secretion-competent WPB at the plasma membrane, and interference with AnxA2/S100A10 expression or complex formation significantly reduces acute WPB exocytosis and VWF release. (mdpi.com)
- Annexins possess a series of unique 70 amino acid annexin-repeat modules that form a curved disk and allow for the creation of an intercessory complex between plasma membrane and cytofilaments. (biovendor.com)
- Annexin V Apoptosis Assay is so simple, takes only 10 minutes. (biovision.com)
- Labeled annexin V provides a simple staining assay to monitor apoptosis by flow cytometry or fluorescence microscopy. (clontech.com)
- We have previously detected a number of protein kinase C (PKC) α-binding proteins in skeletal muscle cytosol by blot overlay assay, and now identify the major, 69 kDa binding protein as annexin VI by immunoblotting and overlay assay of hydroxyapatite chromatography fractions. (portlandpress.com)
- Description Cell Meter PE-Annexin V Binding Apoptosis Assay Kit *Optimized for Flow Cytometry* is used as a sensitive probe for flow cytometric analysis of cells that are undergoing apoptosis. (gentaur.com)
- Ordering To order Cell Meter PE-Annexin V Binding Apoptosis Assay Kit *Optimized for Flow Cytometry*, please use the Cat. (gentaur.com)
- The concept for the therapy is based on the anti-inflammatory properties of Annexin A5, a body own protective protein that acts simultaneously against several key pathogenic mechanisms of cardiovascular diseases. (wikipedia.org)
- Extracellular annexin functions that have been substantiated by mouse knockout models are anti-inflammatory and fibrinolytic activities. (nature.com)
- Annexin 1 regulates phospholipase A2 activity and thus may have anti-inflammatory activity. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Since phospholipase A2 is required for the biosynthesis of the potent mediators of inflammation, prostaglandins and leukotrienes, annexin I may have potential anti-inflammatory activity. (thermofisher.com)
- Conclusion Our data suggest that IgG1-mediated pro-inflammatory autoreactivity against annexin A11 in patients with IgG4-RD may be attenuated by formation of annexin A11-specific IgG4 antibodies supporting an anti-inflammatory role of IgG4 in IgG4-RD. (bmj.com)
- We offer annexin V conjugates as stand alone reagents or easy-to-use kits. (thermofisher.com)
- These features make Annexin V conjugates ideal for identifying membrane changes associated with apoptosis, by using either flow cytometric or in situ labeling methods. (trevigen.com)
- Annexin V conjugates are specially engineered to produce enhanced fluorescence signals and photostability, which perform considerably better than other similar products in the market. (biovision.com)
- Structural analysis of the protein suggests that Annexin VII is a membrane binding protein with diverse properties including voltage-sensitive calcium channel activity, ion selectivity and membrane fusion. (neuromics.com)
- Fluorescent dye labeled annexin V have applications in flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, and laser scanning cytometry. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Cells were then treated with the reagents in the Pacific Blue Annexin V⁄SYTOX AADvanced Apoptosis Kit and analyzed by flow cytometry using 405 nm and 488 nm excitation. (thermofisher.com)
- In the present study, we have used flow cytometry and real-time PCR to investigate the role of annexin A2 expression in the proliferation and differentiation of a number of myeloid cell lines. (biochemsoctrans.org)
- Schloer S, Pajonczyk D, Rescher U (2018) Annexins in translational research: hidden treasures to be found. (springer.com)
- Bulk annexin V reagents of 1000 assays size are also available, separately. (biovision.com)
- The Annexin V-EGF P Apoptosis Detection Kit utilizes the enhanced green fluorescence protein (EGF P) fused with Annexin V. EGFP is brighter and more photo-stable than other fluorescent reagents. (biovision.com)
- Supplemental reagent for use with annexin V reagents for detecting apoptosis. (promocell.com)
- However, all annexins share a common organizational theme that involves two distinct regions, an annexin core and an amino (N)-terminus. (wikipedia.org)
- The 310 amino acid annexin core has four annexin repeats, each composed of 5 alpha-helices. (wikipedia.org)
- STVHEILCKLSLEGD , corresponding to N terminal amino acids 2-16 of Human Annexin II. (abcam.com)
- The protein may also be known as Annexin V, ANX5, ENX2, HEL-S-7, PP4, CBP-I, and PAP-I. The reported amino acid length is 320 and the expected mass is 35.9 kDa. (biocompare.com)
- The comparison of conserved and variable residues between human annexin 1 protein and annexin protein from different vertebrates shows amino acid identities of 100% (Pan troglodytes), 91% (Canis familiars), 87% (Mus musculus), 89% (Rattus norvegicus) and 77% (Gallus gallus) (Rodrigues-Lisoni et al. (atlasgeneticsoncology.org)
- Satoh, Nakano, Shibata, Maki: The penta-EF-hand domain of ALG-2 interacts with amino-terminal domains of both annexin VII and annexin XI in a Ca2+-dependent manner. (antibodies-online.com)
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence near the C-terminal of human Annexin I, different from the related rat and mouse sequence by two amino acids. (ihcworld.com)
- Annexin VII has molecular weight of approximately 51 kDa with a unique, highly hydrophobic N-terminal domain of 167 amino acids and a conserved C-terminal region of 299 amino acids. (neuromics.com)
Detection of apoptosis1
- BioVision offers high quality annexin V products for fast detection of apoptosis in living cells. (biovision.com)
- Each annexin contains a second, highly varible region - the N-terminal interaction domain. (nature.com)
- It harbours binding sites for cytoplasmic protein ligands that can be targeted to membranes through the annexin-core-mediated phospholipid interaction. (nature.com)
- Developing methods to inhibit the interaction of tPA with annexin II would offer a new and selective approach to interfere with microglial activation for therapeutic purposes. (jneurosci.org)
- We have investigated in vivo the influence of the pH i on the membrane association of human annexins A1, A2, A4, A5 and A6 tagged with fluorescent proteins, and characterized this interaction for endogenous annexins present in smooth muscle and HEK (human embryonic kidney)-293 cells biochemically and by immunofluorescence microscopy. (biochemj.org)
- The dimerization of annexin A2 within the annexin A2-S100A10 complex is essential for the pH-dependent membrane interaction at this pH range. (biochemj.org)
- thirdly, we were also able to detect annexin VI interaction with PKC β by overlay of skeletal muscle cytosol, but not with PKC ϴ, the major novel PKC in this tissue, suggesting sequences specific to calcium-dependent PKC isoenzymes are involved. (portlandpress.com)
- Direct interaction between human cytomegalovirus glycoprotein B and cellular annexin II. (asm.org)
- In this report, we characterize the interaction of annexin II with HCMV. (asm.org)
- However, a substantial proportion of virion-associated annexin II was resistant to chelation, which suggested a calcium-independent interaction between annexin II and an HCMV envelope component. (asm.org)
- Annexin V (AnV), which binds surface PS, has been long regarded as a marker of MP but it is unclear whether staining Ca2+ concentrations ([Ca2+]) could affect AnV binding to MP. (ovid.com)
- Some annexins can also occur extracellularly and can have functions outside cells. (nature.com)
- As cells disintegrate, greater access to the inner cell membrane allows for additional Annexin V binding. (trevigen.com)
- In a separate set of experiments, annexin expression levels were measured in cultures of rat PC-12 cells, a pheochromocytoma that ceases proliferation and undergoes reversible differentiation into nondividing neuronlike cells in response to nerve growth factor (NGF). (rupress.org)
- The only time we have seen enhanced annexin is when the cells suffer enough trauma in harvesting that the membrane is not intact and the Annexin gets inside the cell and attaches to the ps on the inner membrane. (purdue.edu)
- Cells were harvested and labeled with APC-conjugated Annexin V and 7-AAD (Catalog #75001). (stemcell.com)
- Cells were harvested and labeled with PE-conjugated Annexin V and 7-AAD. (stemcell.com)
- As such, annexin A1 promotes the engulfment of dying cells and dampens the postphagocytic production of proinflammatory cytokines. (jimmunol.org)
- Most importantly, we demonstrate that the released peptide and culture supernatants of secondary necrotic, annexin A1-externalizing cells induced chemoattraction of monocytes, which was clearly reduced in annexin A1- or ADAM10-knockdown cells. (jimmunol.org)
- Annexin A2 forms heterotetrameric complex containing the S100A10 dimer and two annexin A2 chains significantly alters the properties of this annexin in vitro and also within cells. (biovendor.com)
- The results demonstrated that annexin A2 expression was affected when the cells were induced to differentiate by stimulation with all- trans -retinoic acid. (biochemsoctrans.org)
- In cells expressing p11 messenger RNA, p11 protein is undetectable unless annexin II is also expressed. (biochemj.org)
- Annexin A6 inhibits Ras signaling in breast cancer cells. (garvan.org.au)
- Recently, we showed that in EGFR overexpressing A431 cells, which lack endogenous Annexin A6 (AnxA6), ectopic expression of AnxA6 stimulates membrane recruitment of p120GAP to modulate Ras signaling. (garvan.org.au)
- Annexin A5 alone had no effect on binding of oxidized LDL to the cells. (ahajournals.org)
- and (3) annexin A5 does not antagonize the CRP-induced enhanced binding of oxidized LDL to U937 cells. (ahajournals.org)
- The four annexin repeats produce a curved protein and allow functional differences based on the structure of the curve. (wikipedia.org)
- A pair of annexin repeats may form one binding site for calcium and phospholipid. (rcsb.org)
- Contains 4 annexin repeats. (abcam.com)
- Similarly to other annexins, annexin A1 is characterized by a C-terminal homologous domain with 4 to 8 repeats of 70-75 aminoacids, responsible for calcium and phospholipid binding properties. (atlasgeneticsoncology.org)
- Although ANXs have been localized to the cytosol and the cell membrane and the molecular basis of the four annexin repeats is well established, the in vivo roles of these proteins are still far from clear, particularly with regard to the filamentous fungi. (frontiersin.org)
- We constructed a novel series of recombinant anticoagulant fusion proteins by linking annexin V (ANV), a PS-binding protein, to the Kunitz-type protease inhibitor (KPI) domain of tick anticoagulant protein, an aprotinin mutant ( 6L15 ), amyloid β-protein precursor, or tissue factor pathway inhibitor. (bloodjournal.org)
Human Annexin A21
- Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Annexin A2 peptide (ab22880) . (abcam.com)
- During early-stage cell apoptosis, PS is translocated from the inner to the outer leaflet of the cell membrane, exposing it to the external environment, where it is detected by Annexin V. This process of PS translocation occurs prior to the loss of membrane integrity. (stemcell.com)
- The ANXA10 protein contains 4 annexin domains and might be required in the regulation of cellular growth and signal transduction pathways throughout the cell. (prospecbio.com)
- ANXA2 is part of the annexin family and is involved in the regulation of cellular growth and in signal transduction pathways. (prospecbio.com)
- Peptides derived from the unique N-terminal domain of annexin I serve as FPR ligands and trigger different signaling pathways in a dose-dependent manner. (ihcworld.com)
- Although their functions are still not clearly defined, several members of the annexin family have been implicated in membrane-related events along exocytotic and endocytotic pathways. (genetex.com)
- Annexin A2 plays a role in the regulation of cellular growth and in signal transduction pathways. (biovendor.com)
Role of annexin1
- Total endogenous annexin V can be detected with the present ELISA which will offer further insights in the pathophysiological role of Annexin V. (biovendor.com)
Presence of annexin2
- These findings together with the presence of Annexin V in the extracellular space depict a novel pathophysiological significance for Annexin V in vivo. (biovendor.com)
- In the presence of annexin II, there is no major change in the p11 transcript levels, but the half-life of the p11 protein is increased more than 6-fold. (biochemj.org)
Evidence that annexin2
- We provided evidence that annexin V mediates Ca 2+ influx into growth plate chondrocytes and that this annexin-mediated Ca 2+ influx regulates terminal differentiation and mineralization events ( 16 , 17 ). (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- In vitro experiments provided evidence that annexin 2 localises to the phagocytic cup during POS internalisation but dissociates once internalisation is complete. (bl.uk)
Vitro and in vivo2
- Annexin I has a molecular mass of 40 kDa, with phospholipase A2 inhibitory activity. (thermofisher.com)
- Additionally, in vitro evidence points to the existence of pH-dependent, Ca 2+ -independent membrane association of several annexins. (biochemj.org)
- However, several annexins have been detected extracellularly or surface-exposed. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- In addition, several annexins have been shown to act as receptors for a variety of molecules, including extracellular matrix proteins, fetuin A, vitamin D, and other cell surface receptors ( 11 - 15 ). (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Annexins are important in various cellular and physiological processes such as providing a membrane scaffold, which is relevant to changes in the cell's shape. (wikipedia.org)
- The characterization of structural-functional relationship within the annexin family of proteins, together with emerging transgenic animal models, provides an up-to-date overview of potential physiological roles of annexins. (adlibris.com)
- Methods and Results- We found that CRP and annexin A5 at physiological concentrations bind Ca ++ dependently to oxidized phosphatidylcholine present in oxidized LDL but not to native LDL. (ahajournals.org)
- Annexin IV (ANX4) belongs to the annexin family of calcium-dependent phospholipid binding proteins. (genetex.com)
- We found that the binding of annexin II to the HCMV envelope occurs partially through the calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding ability of annexin II since some annexin II was dissociated from virions with chelating agents. (asm.org)
- Annexins are a family of calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding proteins. (biovendor.com)
- Tc-99m-hynic annexin is an experimental radiopharmaceutical in phase II studies for imaging cell death in vivo to provide non-invasive molecular characterization of tumors and early evaluation of tumor response to anti-cancer treatment. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Annexin-Vivo™ 750 was developed by conjugating annexin V with a NIR fluorophore. (perkinelmer.com)
- The generally recommended procedure for in vivo imaging with Annexin-Vivo 750 is administration via intravenous injection and imaging 2 hours post injection. (perkinelmer.com)
- Annexin-Vivo 750 will clear from tissues after ~3 days after which repeat injection and imaging may be performed for longitudinal studies. (perkinelmer.com)
- Figure 2: CY-treated and untreated HT-29 tumor xenograft mice were injected with Annexin-Vivo™ 750 and imaged two hours later by FMT 2500TM. (perkinelmer.com)
- Annexin 1-derived peptide Ac2-26 inhibits eosinophil recruitment in vivo via decreasing prostaglandin D₂. (biomedsearch.com)
- Though structurally well investigated the in vivo function of the annexins is still unclear. (biovendor.com)
- In Vivo Monitoring of Parathyroid Hormone Treatment after Myocardial Infarction in Mice with [68Ga]Annexin A5 and [18F]Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography. (biomedsearch.com)
- The Annexins is focused on a specific family of calcium and membrane-binding proteins, annexins, ubiquitously spread within living organisms, including animals, plants and fungi. (adlibris.com)
- Annexins are a multigene family of Ca 2+ -regulated proteins that are characterized by a unique Ca 2+ - and membrane-binding module - the annexin core domain. (nature.com)
- Belongs to the annexin family. (abcam.com)
- Annexins are a family of membrane-associated Ca2+-binding proteins implicated in repair, and annexin A6 was previously identified as a genetic modifier of muscle injury and disease. (jci.org)
- Annexins are a structurally related family of Ca2+ binding proteins of undertermined biological function. (rupress.org)
- The annexins are a protein family characterized by Ca 2+ -dependent interactions with cellular membranes. (biochemj.org)
- A protein of the annexin family that catalyzes the conversion of 1-D-inositol 1,2-cyclic phosphate and water to 1-D-myo-inositol 1-phosphate. (umassmed.edu)
- As a new member of annexin A (ANXA) family, the function and clinical significance of ANXA10 in PTC have not been well investigated. (springer.com)
- Annexin family members are regulators of such varied processes such as ion flux, endocytosis and exocytosis, and cellular adhesion. (neuromics.com)
- Annexin A2 belongs to the annexin family of Ca2+-regulated phospholipid binding proteins, which are expressed in plants, animals, and protists throughout the phylogenetic tree. (biovendor.com)
- Annexin A6 belongs to a family of calcium-dependent membrane and phospholipid binding proteins. (creativebiomart.net)
- Recombinant protein encompassing a sequence within the center region of human Annexin IV. (genetex.com)