A zinc containing enzyme of the hydrolase class that catalyzes the removal of the N-terminal amino acid from most L-peptides, particularly those with N-terminal leucine residues but not those with N-terminal lysine or arginine residues. This occurs in tissue cell cytosol, with high activity in the duodenum, liver, and kidney. The activity of this enzyme is commonly assayed using a leucine arylamide chromogenic substrate such as leucyl beta-naphthylamide.
Dipeptidyl-Peptidases and Tripeptidyl-Peptidases
A papain-like cysteine protease that has specificity for amino terminal dipeptides. The enzyme plays a role in the activation of several pro-inflammatory serine proteases by removal of their aminoterminal inhibitory dipeptides. Genetic mutations that cause loss of cathepsin C activity in humans are associated with PAPILLON-LEFEVRE DISEASE.
Amino Acid Sequence
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Enzyme that is a major constituent of kidney brush-border membranes and is also present to a lesser degree in the brain and other tissues. It preferentially catalyzes cleavage at the amino group of hydrophobic residues of the B-chain of insulin as well as opioid peptides and other biologically active peptides. The enzyme is inhibited primarily by EDTA, phosphoramidon, and thiorphan and is reactivated by zinc. Neprilysin is identical to common acute lymphoblastic leukemia antigen (CALLA Antigen), an important marker in the diagnosis of human acute lymphocytic leukemia. There is no relationship with CALLA PLANT.
Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4
A serine protease that catalyses the release of an N-terminal dipeptide. Several biologically-active peptides have been identified as dipeptidyl peptidase 4 substrates including INCRETINS; NEUROPEPTIDES; and CHEMOKINES. The protein is also found bound to ADENOSINE DEAMINASE on the T-CELL surface and is believed to play a role in T-cell activation.
Members of the class of compounds composed of AMINO ACIDS joined together by peptide bonds between adjacent amino acids into linear, branched or cyclical structures. OLIGOPEPTIDES are composed of approximately 2-12 amino acids. Polypeptides are composed of approximately 13 or more amino acids. PROTEINS are linear polypeptides that are normally synthesized on RIBOSOMES.
The process by which antigen is presented to lymphocytes in a form they can recognize. This is performed by antigen presenting cells (APCs). Some antigens require processing before they can be recognized. Antigen processing consists of ingestion and partial digestion of the antigen by the APC, followed by presentation of fragments on the cell surface. (From Rosen et al., Dictionary of Immunology, 1989)
The molecular designing of drugs for specific purposes (such as DNA-binding, enzyme inhibition, anti-cancer efficacy, etc.) based on knowledge of molecular properties such as activity of functional groups, molecular geometry, and electronic structure, and also on information cataloged on analogous molecules. Drug design is generally computer-assisted molecular modeling and does not include pharmacokinetics, dosage analysis, or drug administration analysis.
The arrangement of two or more amino acid or base sequences from an organism or organisms in such a way as to align areas of the sequences sharing common properties. The degree of relatedness or homology between the sequences is predicted computationally or statistically based on weights assigned to the elements aligned between the sequences. This in turn can serve as a potential indicator of the genetic relatedness between the organisms.
A metallic element of atomic number 30 and atomic weight 65.38. It is a necessary trace element in the diet, forming an essential part of many enzymes, and playing an important role in protein synthesis and in cell division. Zinc deficiency is associated with ANEMIA, short stature, HYPOGONADISM, impaired WOUND HEALING, and geophagia. It is known by the symbol Zn.
Histocompatibility Antigens Class I
Membrane glycoproteins consisting of an alpha subunit and a BETA 2-MICROGLOBULIN beta subunit. In humans, highly polymorphic genes on CHROMOSOME 6 encode the alpha subunits of class I antigens and play an important role in determining the serological specificity of the surface antigen. Class I antigens are found on most nucleated cells and are generally detected by their reactivity with alloantisera. These antigens are recognized during GRAFT REJECTION and restrict cell-mediated lysis of virus-infected cells.
Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
Glucose Transporter Type 4
A glucose transport protein found in mature MUSCLE CELLS and ADIPOCYTES. It promotes transport of glucose from the BLOOD into target TISSUES. The inactive form of the protein is localized in CYTOPLASMIC VESICLES. In response to INSULIN, it is translocated to the PLASMA MEMBRANE where it facilitates glucose uptake.
Encyclopedias as Topic
Kidney aminopeptidase A and hypertension, part I: spontaneously hypertensive rats. (1/1462)Tissue and plasma levels of aminopeptidase A (APA), the principal enzyme that hydrolyzes angiotensin II (Ang II) to angiotensin III, were measured in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) and their normotensive control strain at 3 different ages corresponding to prehypertensive (4 weeks), developing (8 weeks), and established (16 weeks) phases of hypertension. Plasma APA activity was significantly but modestly elevated in SHR at all 3 ages compared with normotensive Wistar-Kyoto rats. Likewise, levels of APA in brain, heart, and adrenal gland were generally, but again only moderately, elevated in SHR at all ages. However, a large increase in APA activity was seen within the kidney in which APA levels were elevated 41%, 51%, and 68% in SHR at 4, 8, and 16 weeks of age, respectively. Kidney APA levels were also significantly increased in immunoblots from 8- and 16-week-old SHR. Glomeruli isolated from 16-week-old SHR had 57% higher APA activity and increased immunoreactivity compared with Wistar-Kyoto rats. To determine whether the increase in kidney APA activity in SHR was related to Ang II levels, SHR were treated for 2 weeks with the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor captopril. Captopril treatment reduced blood pressure to normotensive values and resulted in a 25% reduction in kidney APA activity. These results suggest that APA expression in the kidney may be regulated by activity of the renin-angiotensin system. If so, this would further suggest that upregulation of APA during conditions in which Ang II levels were elevated would have a protective effect against Ang II-mediated cardiovascular diseases, whereas a decrease in APA expression or a failure to upregulate would exacerbate such conditions. (+info)
Kidney aminopeptidase A and hypertension, part II: effects of angiotensin II. (2/1462)Aminopeptidase A (APA) is the principal enzyme that metabolizes angiotensin II (Ang II) to angiotensin III. Previously, we showed that kidney APA was elevated in spontaneously hypertensive rats and was reduced after angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition. In the present study, we sought to determine whether kidney APA expression was altered after chronically elevated Ang II, either exogenously delivered via osmotic minipumps or endogenously produced in two-kidney, one clip (2K1C) hypertensive rats. Ang II (200 ng. kg-1. min-1) was infused subcutaneously for 1 or 2 weeks by osmotic minipumps, and 2K1C rats were tested 4 weeks after unilateral renal artery clipping. Blood pressure was not significantly elevated in the Ang II-infused animals but was significantly increased at 3 and 4 weeks in the 2K1C animals. APA was significantly elevated approximately 2-fold in kidney cortical membranes from Ang II-infused animals but was decreased 45% in the clipped kidney and 18% in the nonclipped kidneys from 2K1C animals. Isolated glomeruli from Ang II-infused animals and the nonclipped kidneys from 2K1C animals had markedly higher APA activity and immunoreactivity. Likewise, histochemical and immunohistochemical studies indicated that APA levels were increased in glomeruli from angiotensin-infused animals and in both nonclipped and clipped kidneys from 2K1C animals. In contrast, tubular APA was decreased in tubular elements from 2K1C animals, most markedly in the clipped kidneys. Thus, despite the increase in glomerular APA expression in kidneys from 2K1C animals, the decrease in tubular APA expression is more extensive and accounts for the measured reduction in total APA in cortical homogenates. Because clipped kidneys are not exposed to high blood pressure, these results suggest that glomerular APA expression is positively regulated and tubular APA negatively regulated by Ang II. These results further suggest that changes in kidney APA expression could influence the progression of angiotensin-dependent hypertension. (+info)
Co-expression of glutathione S-transferase with methionine aminopeptidase: a system of producing enriched N-terminal processed proteins in Escherichia coli. (3/1462)We describe here an Escherichia coli expression system that produces recombinant proteins enriched in the N-terminal processed form, by using glutathione S-transferase cGSTM1-1 and rGSTT1-1 as models, where c and r refer to chick and rat respectively. Approximately 90% of the cGSTM1-1 or rGSTT1-1 overexpressed in E. coli under the control of a phoA promoter retained the initiator methionine residue that was absent from the mature isoenzymes isolated from tissues. The amount of initiator methionine was decreased to 40% of the expressed cGSTM1-1 when the isoenzyme was co-expressed with an exogenous methionine aminopeptidase gene under the control of a separate phoA promoter. The recombinant proteins expressed were mainly methionine aminopeptidase. The yield of cGSTM1-1 was decreased to 10% of that expressed in the absence of the exogenous methionine aminopeptidase gene. By replacing the phoA with its natural promoter, the expression of methionine aminopeptidase decreased drastically. The yield of the co-expressed cGSTM1-1 was approx. 60% of that in the absence of the exogenous methionine aminopeptidase gene; approx. 65% of the initiator methionine residues were removed from the enzyme. Under similar conditions, N-terminal processing was observed in approx. 70% of the recombinant rGSTT1-1 expressed. By increasing the concentration of phosphate in the growth medium, the amount of initiator methionine on cGSTM1-1 was decreased to 14% of the overexpressed isoenzymes, whereas no further improvement could be observed for rGSTT1-1. The initiator methionine residue does not affect the enzymic activities of either cGSTM1-1 or rGSTT1-1. However, the epoxidase activity and the 4-nitrobenzyl chloride-conjugating activity of the purified recombinant rGSTT1-1 are markedly higher that those reported recently for the same isoenzyme isolated from rat livers. (+info)
Endothelin stimulates glucose uptake and GLUT4 translocation via activation of endothelin ETA receptor in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. (4/1462)Endothelin-1 (ET-1) is a 21-amino acid peptide that binds to G-protein-coupled receptors to evoke biological responses. This report studies the effect of ET-1 on regulating glucose transport in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. ET-1, but not angiotensin II, stimulated glucose uptake in a dose-dependent manner with an EC50 value of 0.29 nM and a 2.47-fold stimulation at 100 nM. ET-1 stimulated glucose uptake in differentiated 3T3-L1 cells but had no effect in undifferentiated cells, although ET-1 stimulated phosphatidylinositol hydrolysis to a similar degree in both. The 3T3-L1 cells expressed approximately 560,000 sites/cell of ETA receptor, which was not altered during differentiation. Western blot analysis and immunofluorescence staining show that ET-1 stimulated the translocation of insulin-responsive aminopeptidase and GLUT4 to the plasma membrane. The effect of ET-1 on glucose uptake was blocked by A-216546, an antagonist selective for the ETA receptor. ET-1 treatment did not induce phosphorylation of insulin receptor beta-subunit, insulin receptor substrate-1, or Akt but stimulated the tyrosyl phosphorylation of a 75-kDa protein. Genistein (100 microM), an inhibitor of tyrosine kinases, inhibited ET-1-stimulated glucose uptake. Our results show that ET-1 stimulates GLUT4 translocation and glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes via activation of ETA receptor. (+info)
Identification of kallidin degrading enzymes in the isolated perfused rat heart. (5/1462)Kallidin (KD) is an important vasoactive kinin whose physiological effects are strongly dependent on its degradation through local kininases. In the present study, we examined the spectrum of these enzymes and their contribution to KD degradation in isolated perfused rat hearts. By inhibiting angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), aminopeptidase M (APM) and neutral endopeptidase (NEP) with ramiprilat (0.25 microM), amastatin (40 microM) and phosphoramidon (1 microM), respectively, relative kininase activities were obtained. APM (44%) and ACE (35%) are the main KD degrading enzymes in rat heart; NEP (7%) plays a minor role. A participation of carboxypeptidase N (CPN) could not be found. (+info)
Hydrolysis of alphas1- and beta-casein-derived peptides with a broad specificity aminopeptidase and proline specific aminopeptidases from Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris AM2. (6/1462)Aminopeptidase hydrolysis of alpha(s)1 - and beta-casein-derived synthetic peptides containing non-consecutive and consecutive proline residues was characterised. Aminopeptidase P (Pep P) (EC 184.108.40.206) or post-proline dipeptidyl aminopeptidase (PPDA) (EC 220.127.116.11) along with lysine-paranitroanilide hydrolase (KpNA-H) (EC 18.104.22.168) activities are required in the degradation of peptides containing non-consecutive proline residues. However, both Pep P and PPDA along with KpNA-H are required for hydrolysis of peptides containing consecutive proline residues. The results demonstrate the mechanism by which combinations of purified general and proline specific aminopeptidases from Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris AM2 hydrolyse peptides containing proline residues. (+info)
Cloning and functional expression of the cytoplasmic form of rat aminopeptidase P. (7/1462)A rat cytoplasmic aminopeptidase P was purified from liver cytosol with a procedure including an affinity elution step with 3 microM inositol 1,3,4-trisphosphate. Proteolytic fragments were generated, sequenced and the enzyme was cloned from a rat liver cDNA library. The structure shows high (87.8% and 95.5%, respectively) sequence identity at the nucleotide and amino acid levels with the previously described human putative cytoplasmic aminopeptidase P. The cloned rat enzyme was functionally expressed in Escherichia coli and also in COS-1 cells. Western blot analysis, using an antibody generated against the recombinant protein, and Northern blot hybridization showed ubiquitous expression of the protein in different tissues with the highest expression level in the testis. (+info)
Ligand recognition and domain structure of Vps10p, a vacuolar protein sorting receptor in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. (8/1462)Vp10p is a receptor that sorts several different vacuolar proteins by cycling between a late Golgi compartment and the endosome. The cytoplasmic tail of Vps10p is necessary for the recycling, whereas the lumenal domain is predicted to interact with the soluble ligands. We have studied ligand binding to Vps10p by introducing deletions in the lumenal region. This region contains two domains with homology to each other. Domain 2 binds carboxypeptidase Y (CPY), proteinase A (PrA) and hybrids of these proteases with invertase. Moreover, we show that aminopeptidase Y (APY) is a ligand of Vps10p. The native proteases compete for binding to domain 2. Binding of CPY(156)-invertase or PrA(137)-invertase, on the other hand, do not interfere with binding of CPY to Vps10p. Furthermore, the Q24RPL27 sequence known to be important for vacuolar sorting of CPY, is of little importance in the Vps10p-dependent sorting of CPY-invertase. Apparently, domain 2 contains two different binding sites; one for APY, CPY and PrA, and one for CPY-invertase and PrA-invertase. The latter interaction seems not to be sequence specific, and we suggest that an unfolded structure in these ligands is recognized by Vps10p. (+info)
arginyl aminopeptidase (aminopeptidase B)-like 1 ELISA Kits | Biocompare.com
Compare arginyl aminopeptidase (aminopeptidase B)-like 1 ELISA Kits from leading suppliers on Biocompare. View specifications, prices, citations, reviews, and more.
Endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase 1 (ERAP1) plays a critical role in determining the length and sequence of peptides bound...
Objective. HLA-B27 and ERAP1 are the two strongest predisposing genetic factors to Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS). A key aminopeptidase in MHC class I presentation, ERAP1 potentially contributes to AS pathogenesis through altering HLA-B27 peptide presentation. We studied the effects of ERAP1 on the HLA-B27 peptide repertoire and peptide presentation to Cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs).Methods. ERAP1-silenced and -competent HeLa.B27/C1R.B27 cells were isotope labeled, mixed, lysed and then immuno-precipitated using W6/32 or ME1. Peptides bound to HLA-B27 were eluted and analyzed by tandem Mass Spectrometry. Selected peptides were synthesized and tested for HLA-B27 binding ability. The effect of ERAP1 silencing/mutation on presentation of an immunodominant viral HLA-B27 epitope, KK10, to CTL was also studied.Results. In both HeLa.B27 and C1R.B27 cells, the proportion of 9mer HLA-B27-bound peptides was decreased by ERAP1 silencing, whereas the percentage of longer peptides (11-13mers) increased. Surprisingly,
JCI Insight - Sex-specific differences in endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase 1 modulation influence blood pressure and renin...
Salt sensitivity of blood pressure (SSBP) and hypertension are common, but the underlying mechanisms remain unclear. Endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase 1 (ERAP1) degrades angiotensin II (ANGII). We hypothesized that decreasing ERAP1 increases BP via ANGII-mediated effects on aldosterone (ALDO) production and/or renovascular function. Compared with WT littermate mice, ERAP1-deficient (ERAP1+/-) mice had increased tissue ANGII, systolic and diastolic BP, and SSBP, indicating that ERAP1 deficiency leads to volume expansion. However, the mechanisms underlying the volume expansion differed according to sex. Male ERAP1+/- mice had increased ALDO levels and normal renovascular responses to volume expansion (decreased resistive and pulsatility indices and increased glomerular volume). In contrast, female ERAP1+/- mice had normal ALDO levels but lacked normal renovascular responses. In humans, ERAP1 rs30187, a loss-of-function gene variant that reduces ANGII degradation in vitro, is associated with ...
Human recombinant membrane-bound aminopeptidase P: production of a soluble form and characterization using novel, internally...
APP (aminopeptidase P) has the unique ability to cleave the N-terminal amino acid residue from peptides exhibiting a proline at P1′. Despite its putative involvement in the processing of bioactive peptides, among them the kinins, little is known about the physiological roles of both human forms of APP. The purpose of the present study is first to engineer and characterize a secreted form of hmAPP (human membrane-bound APP). Our biochemical analysis has shown that the expressed glycosylated protein is fully functional, and exhibits enzymic parameters similar to those described previously for mAPP purified from porcine or bovine lungs or expressed from a porcine clone. This soluble form of hmAPP cross-reacts with a polyclonal antiserum raised against a 469-amino-acid hmAPP fragment produced in Escherichia coli. Secondly, we synthesized three internally quenched fluorescent peptide substrates that exhibit a similar affinity for the enzyme than its natural substrates, the kinins, and a higher ...
Comparison of the Soluble and Membrane‐Bound Forms of the Puromycin‐Sensitive Enkephalin‐Degrading Aminopeptidases from Rat<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Comparison of the Soluble and Membrane‐Bound Forms of the Puromycin‐Sensitive Enkephalin‐Degrading Aminopeptidases from Rat. AU - Dyer, Simon H.. AU - Slaughter, Clive A.. AU - Orth, Kim. AU - Moomaw, Carolyn R.. AU - Hersh, Louis B.. PY - 1990/1/1. Y1 - 1990/1/1. N2 - Enkephalin degradation in brain has been shown to be catalyzed, in part, by a membrane‐bound puromycinsensitive aminopeptidase. A cytosolic puromycin‐sensitive aminopeptidase with similar properties also has been described. The relationship between the soluble and membrane forms of the rat brain enzyme is investigated here. Both of these aminopeptidase forms were purified from rat brain and an antiserum was generated to the soluble enzyme. Each of the aminopeptidases is composed of a single polypeptide of molecular mass 100 kilodaltons as determined by sodium dodecyl sulfate‐polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and sizeexclusion chromatography. The antisoluble aminopeptidase antiserum reacts with both ...
WikiGenes - RNPEPL1 - arginyl aminopeptidase (aminopeptidase B)...
The worlds first wiki where authorship really matters. Due credit and reputation for authors. Imagine a global collaborative knowledge base for original thoughts.
Patent US6184020 - Polypeptides having aminopeptidase activity and nucleic acids encoding same - Google Patents
The present invention relates to isolated polypeptides having aminopeptidase activity and isolated nucleic acid sequences encoding the polypeptides. The invention also relates to nucleic acid constructs, vectors, and host cells comprising the nucleic acid sequences as well as methods for producing and using the polypeptides.
ERAP1 and ankylosing spondylitis. - Immunology
The strong genetic association of ERAP1 (endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase 1) with ankylosing spondylitis (AS), which is restricted to HLA-B27 positive cases, has profound pathogenetic implications. ERAP1 is involved in trimming peptides to optimal length for binding to HLA class 1 molecules, thereby not only affecting the stability and processing of HLA-B27 but also influencing the peptide repertoire presented to the immune system. This could have secondary effects on specific adaptive or autoimmune responses in AS. However, it appears increasingly likely that the pathogenic effect of ERAP1 may be mediated through effects on innate immunity, such as altering the interaction between HLA-B27 and immune receptors such as the killer immunoglobulin-like receptors (KIR) found on a range of innate immune cells or via the endoplasmic reticulum unfolded protein response. ERAP1 variants associated with reduced endopeptidase activity appear to be protective against AS, raising the possibility that ERAP1
3D View - 3QNF: Crystal structure of the open state of human endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase 1 ERAP1 3D View...
3QNF: Crystal structures of the endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase-1 (ERAP1) reveal the molecular basis for N-terminal peptide trimming.
OriGene - Erap1 (NM 030711) Human ORF cDNA Clone
Erap1 - Erap1 (GFP-tagged) - Mouse endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase 1 (Erap1), (10ug) available for purchase from OriGene - Your Gene Company.
Methionine Aminopeptidase-2 (MetAP2) - New Therapeutic Target in Neurofibromatosis 1
This agent and others like it have already been in clinical trials as treatments for other tumors, so if we find that fumagillin inhibits brain tumor growth in preclinical studies, it will be a much smaller leap to using these compounds in patients with NF1, says senior investigator David H. Gutmann, M.D., Ph.D., the Donald O. Schnuck Family Professor of Neurology at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and co-director of the neuro-oncology program at the Siteman Cancer Center ...
RePub, Erasmus University Repository: Inferior outcome of addition of the aminopeptidase inhibitor tosedostat to standard...
Treatment results of AML in elderly patients are unsatisfactory. We hypothesized that addition of tosedostat, an aminopeptidase inhibitor, to intensive chemotherapy may improve outcome in this population. After establishing a safe dose in a run-in phase of the study in 22 patients, 231 eligible patients with AML above 65 years of age (median 70, range 66-81) were randomly assigned in this open label randomized Phase II study to receive standard chemotherapy (3+7) with or without tosedostat at the selected daily dose of 120 mg (n = 116), days 1-21. In the second cycle, patients received cytarabine 1000 mg/m2 twice daily on days 1-6 with or without tosedostat. CR/CRi rates in the 2 arms were not significantly different (69% (95% C.I. 60-77%) vs 64% (55-73%), respectively). At 24 months, event-free survival (EFS) was 20% for the standard arm versus 12% for the tosedostat arm (Cox-p = 0.01) and overall survival (OS) 33% vs 18% respectively (p = 0.006). Infectious complications accounted for an ...
X-Prolyl Aminopeptidase (Aminopeptidase P) 1, Soluble (XPNPEP1) Antikörper
Reaktivität: Rind (Kuh), Hund, Human and more. 39 verschiedene XPNPEP1 Antikörper vergleichen. Alle direkt auf antikörper-online bestellbar!
Methionine Aminopeptidase-2 | Akt Inhibitor A-443654 Interferes with Mitotic Progression
Background Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is connected with a defective intestinal hurdle and improved adaptive immune system replies against commensal microbiota. of IBD sufferers. Fecal Ab amounts towards meals and microbial antigens present distinctive patterns in handles, UC and CD patients. Launch Inflammatory bowel illnesses (IBD) add a selection of chronic, immune-mediated inflammatory disorders from the gastrointestinal program with fluctuating activity, most regularly symbolized by Crohns disease (Compact disc) or ulcerative colitis (UC). IBD includes a multifactorial etiology with hereditary and environmental sets off and its been associated with adjustments from the intestinal microflora, defects in the gastrointestinal barrier with increased transport of luminal contents into the tissue and a loss of immune tolerance , . Consequently, specific adaptive immune responses towards luminal antigens, in particular antigens of the commensal microflora, are altered in IBD patients. ...
OriGene - Xpnpep3 (NM 177310) Human ORF cDNA Clone
Xpnpep3 - Xpnpep3 (Myc-DDK-tagged) - Mouse X-prolyl aminopeptidase (aminopeptidase P) 3, putative (Xpnpep3), nuclear gene encoding mitochondrial protein available for purchase from OriGene - Your Gene Company.
Cloning and functional expression of pig kidney aminopeptidase P | Biochemical Society Transactions
Thank you for your interest in spreading the word about Biochemical Society Transactions.. NOTE: We only request your email address so that the person you are recommending the page to knows that you wanted them to see it, and that it is not junk mail. We do not capture any email address.. ...
pepP - Xaa-Pro aminopeptidase - Escherichia coli (strain K12) - pepP gene & protein
cytosol, aminopeptidase activity, identical protein binding, manganese ion binding, metalloexopeptidase activity, peptidase activity, protein homotetramerization
WikiGenes - XPNPEP2 - X-prolyl aminopeptidase (aminopeptidase P)...
The worlds first wiki where authorship really matters. Due credit and reputation for authors. Imagine a global collaborative knowledge base for original thoughts.
anti-RNPEPL1 antibody | GeneTex
RNPEPL1 antibody (arginyl aminopeptidase (aminopeptidase B)-like 1) for IHC-P, WB. Anti-RNPEPL1 pAb (GTX111563) is tested in Human, Mouse samples. 100% Ab-Assurance.
Physiological Roles of Ectoenzymes Indicated by the Use of Aminopeptidase Inhibitors | SpringerLink
In living organisms, enzymes work in complicated networks to perform various biological functions. To analyse such functions, specific enzyme inhibitors are needed. Such inhibitors would be of great...
Safety and Anti-Disease Activity of Oral Tosedostat (CHR-2797) in Elderly Subjects With Refractory or Relapsed AML - Full Text...
There is an urgent need for novel compounds and treatment strategies for elderly patients with AML, particularly those with refractory or relapsed disease for whom there are few effective treatment options. Treatment options for elderly patients are further limited by co-morbidity and tolerability constraints.. Tosedostat is a new aminopeptidase inhibitor, which in preclinical experiments has shown potent activity in both in vitro and in vivo cancer models as a single agent. In early clinical studies particularly good results have been observed in refractory and relapsed AML in older patients and these observations form the basis for the current study.. This multi-center, open label phase II study will enrol approximately 70 subjects in Part A and 130 subjects in Part B. ...
The Methionyl Aminopeptidase from <em>Escherichia coli</em> Can Functi by Ventris M. DSouza and...
The identity of the physiologically relevant metal ions for the methionyl aminopeptidase (MetAP) from Escherichia coli was investigated and is suggested to be Fe(II). The metal content of whole cells in the absence and presence of expression of the type I MetAP from E. coli was determined by inductively coupled plasma (ICP) emission analysis. The observed change in whole cell concentrations of cobalt, cadmium, copper, nickel, strontium, titanium, and vanadium upon expression of MetAP was negligible. On the other hand, significant increases in the cellular metal ion concentrations of chromium, zinc, manganese, and iron were observed with the increase in iron concentration being 4.4 and 6.2 times greater than that of manganese and zinc, respectively. Activity assays of freshly lysed BL21(DE3) cells containing the pMetAAP plasmid revealed detectable levels (|2 units/mg) of MetAP activity. Control experiments with BL21(DE3) without the MetAP plasmid showed no detectable enzymatic activity. Since MetAP is
Xpnpep1 - mouse gene knockout kit via CRISPR - KN319510 | acris-antibodies.com
Xpnpep1 - mouse gene knockout kit via CRISPR, 1 kit. |dl||dt|Kit Component:|/dt||dd|- |strong|KN319510G1|/strong|, Xpnpep1 gRNA vector 1 in |a href=http://www.origene.com/CRISPR-CAS9/Detail.
RCSB PDB - 2BN7: Mn substituted E. coli Aminopeptidase P in complex with product and Zn Structure Summary Page
2BN7: Structural and Functional Implications of Metal Ion Selection in Aminopeptidase P, a Metalloprotease with a Dinuclear Metal Center.
Reactome | Trimming of N-ter extended precursor fragments by cytosolic aminopeptidases
Reactome is pathway database which provides intuitive bioinformatics tools for the visualisation, interpretation and analysis of pathway knowledge.
The protein encoded by this gene is a zinc metalloprotease that displays some activity against angiotensin-3. The encoded protein is inhibited by the aminopeptidase inhibitor amastatin, as well as by the general inhibitors o-phenanthroline and batimastat. Defects in this gene may be associated with lung tumorigenesis. [provided by RefSeq, Oct 2016 ...
Semax International Inc.
Peak concentrations are achieved after 60 min. Biotransformation develops through the action of aminopeptidases and angiotensin-converting enzyme to individual amino acids. Its half-life (t 1/2) is 4 min; The therapeutic effect, after the application of a single dose, is maintained up to 20 hours. It is very rapidly excreted in urine via kidneys . Its half-life is : 0.4-5 minutes.. ...
Analysis of Antimalarial Synergy between Bestatin and Endoprot...
Analysis of Antimalarial Synergy between Bestatin and Endoprotease Inhibitors Using Statistical Response-Surface Modelling: The pathway of hemoglobin degradatio
With Bestatin, Heavy Coughing? Irrecular Heartbeat? - healthsofa
since using bestatin, i cough a lot more and when in bed i feel some irragular heartbeat. somewhere ... which were nog good. so many bad side effects.
Tripeptidyl peptidase II - Wikipedia
Tripeptidyl-peptidase 2 is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the TPP2 gene. Among other things it is heavily implicated in MHC (HLA) class-I processing, as it has both endopeptidase and exopeptidase activity. GRCh38: Ensembl release 89: ENSG00000134900 - Ensembl, May 2017 GRCm38: Ensembl release 89: ENSMUSG00000041763 - Ensembl, May 2017 Human PubMed Reference:. Mouse PubMed Reference:. Tomkinson B, Jonsson AK (Feb 1991). Characterization of cDNA for human tripeptidyl peptidase II: the N-terminal part of the enzyme is similar to subtilisin. Biochemistry. 30 (1): 168-74. doi:10.1021/bi00215a025. PMID 1670990. Entrez Gene: TPP2 tripeptidyl peptidase II. Reits E, Neijssen J, Herberts C, et al. (April 2004). A major role for TPPII in trimming proteasomal degradation products for MHC class I antigen presentation. Immunity. 20 (4): 495-506. doi:10.1016/S1074-7613(04)00074-3. PMID 15084277. The MEROPS online database for peptidases and their inhibitors: S08.090 Tomkinson B, Zetterqvist O ...
Expression and Purification of Murine Tripeptidyl Peptidase II
Tripeptidyl peptidase II (TPPII) is an exopeptidase which cleaves tripeptides from theN-terminus of peptides. The exact functional role of TPPII is still a matter of investigation. Itis believed that the enzyme is primarily involved in intracellular protein degradation, where itcooperates with the proteasome and other peptidases to degrade proteins into free aminoacids. These amino acids can subsequently be used in the production of new proteins. The aimof this work was to express murine wild type TPPII using E. coli and thereafter purify theenzyme from the bacterial lysate. Methods used for the purification included protein andnucleic acid precipitation, anion exchange chromatography, hydrophobic interactionchromatography and gel filtration. The presence of TPPII was determined using activityassay, western blot and SDS-PAGE. Despite the fact that some modification is still needed,the purification yielded a total of 34μg TPPII with a purity of approximately 60%. Thispurified enzyme can be used ...
Tripeptidyl Peptidase II Regulates Sperm Function by Modulating Intracellular Ca2+ Stores via the Ryanodine Receptor
Recent studies have identified Ca2+ stores in sperm cells; however, it is not clear whether these Ca2+ stores are functional and how they are mobilized. Here, in vitro and in vivo, we determined that tripeptidyl peptidase II antagonists strongly activated the cAMP/PKA signaling pathway that drives sperm capacitation-associated protein tyrosine phosphorylation. We demonstrated that in the absence of Ca2+, TPIII antagonists elevated the intracellular Ca2+ levels in sperm, resulting in a marked improvement in sperm movement, capacitation, acrosome reaction, and the in vitro fertilizing ability. This antagonist-induced release of intracellular Ca2+ could be blocked by the inhibitors of ryanodine receptors (RyRs) which are the main intracellular Ca2+ channels responsible for releasing stored Ca2+. Consistent with these results, indirect immunofluorescence assay using anti-RyR antibodies further validated the presence of RyR3 in the acrosomal region of mature sperm. Thus, TPPII can regulate sperm maturation
Structural analysis of inhibition of Mycobacterium tuberculosis methionine aminopeptidase by bengamide derivatives<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Structural analysis of inhibition of Mycobacterium tuberculosis methionine aminopeptidase by bengamide derivatives. AU - Lu, Jing Ping. AU - Yuan, Xiu Hua. AU - Ye, Qi Zhuang. PY - 2012/1/1. Y1 - 2012/1/1. N2 - Natural product-derived bengamides possess potent antiproliferative activity and target human methionine aminopeptidases for their cellular effects. Using bengamides as a template, several derivatives were designed and synthesized as inhibitors of methionine aminopeptidases of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, and initial antitubercular activity were observed. Here, we present three new X-ray structures of the tubercular enzyme MtMetAP1c in complex with the inhibitors in the Mn(II) form and in the Ni(II) form. All amide moieties of the bengamide derivatives bind to the unique shallow cavity and interact with a flat surface created by His-212 of MtMetAP1c in the Mn(II) form. However, the active site metal has significant influence on the binding mode, because the amide takes a ...
Aminopeptidase N (Myeloid Plasma Membrane Glycoprotein CD13 or Alanyl Aminopeptidase or Aminopeptidase M or Microsomal...
Aminopeptidase N (Myeloid Plasma Membrane Glycoprotein CD13 or Alanyl Aminopeptidase or Aminopeptidase M or Microsomal Aminopeptidase or gp150 or CD13 or ANPEP or EC 22.214.171.124) - Market research report and industry analysis - 11296626
Leucyl-cysteinyl aminopeptidase | M1: Aminopeptidase N | IUPHAR/BPS Guide to PHARMACOLOGY
The IUPHAR/BPS Guide to Pharmacology. Leucyl-cysteinyl aminopeptidase - M1: Aminopeptidase N. Detailed annotation on the structure, function, physiology, pharmacology and clinical relevance of drug targets.
The Inner Life of a Giant | Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry
Uncontrolled or inaccurate degradation of cellular proteins can lead to diseases like cancer or Alzheimers disease. Scientists of the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry (MPIB) in Martinsried near Munich, Germany, have now uncovered the structure and the operating mechanism of an important component of the human cellular degradation machinery, tripeptidyl peptidase II (TPPII). Decoding the structure of TPPII is a crucial milestone towards understanding the complex activation and control of protein degradation, says Beate Rockel, scientist at the MPIB. The results of the study have now been published in the journal Structure.. Proteins, the molecular building blocks and machines of the cell, are composed of long chains of amino acids. When such a chain has to be degraded, it is first unfolded and then cleaved into shorter pieces, so-called peptides. Tripeptidyl peptidase II (TPPII), which was analyzed by scientists in the department of MPIB director Wolfgang Baumeister, is one of the factors ...
Sodium in the structure of Novel Bacterial Methionine Aminopeptidase Inhibitors (pdb 2gg5)
Mono- and Stereopictres of 5.0 Angstrom coordination sphere of Sodium atom in PDB 2gg5: Novel Bacterial Methionine Aminopeptidase Inhibitors
Circulating Aminopeptidase N/CD13 Is an Independent Prognostic Factor in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer | Clinical...
In this study, we determined serum aminopeptidase N/CD13 concentrations in patients with NSCLC using an aminopeptidase N/CD13-specific mAb (MH8-11), which inhibits cell motility and angiogenesis in vitro (10). Serum aminopeptidase N/CD13 concentrations were significantly elevated in patients with advanced-stage NSCLC. When the serum aminopeptidase N/CD13 values corresponding to the best diagnostic accuracy to separate the healthy controls and the patients with NSCLC were used as the cutoff value, the sensitivity of aminopeptidase N/CD13 was poorer than that of serum carcinoembryonic antigen; this suggests that serum aminopeptidase N/CD13 is not valuable as a diagnostic marker. However, a high serum aminopeptidase N/CD13 was significantly associated with established adverse prognostic factors in NSCLC, such as advanced stage, poor performance status, and poor response to chemotherapy. Serum aminopeptidase N/CD13 levels were also associated with overall survival in univariate analyses and had an ...
The metabolism of neuropeptides. Phase separation of synaptic membrane preparations with Triton X-114 reveals the presence of...
The property of solutions of Triton X-114 to separate into detergent-rich and detergent-poor phases at 30 degrees C has been exploited to investigate the identities of the aminopeptidases in synaptic membrane preparations from pig striatum. When titrated with an antiserum to aminopeptidase N (EC 126.96.36.199), synaptic membranes solubilized with Triton X-100 revealed that this enzyme apparently comprises no more than 5% of the activity releasing tyrosine from [Leu]enkephalin. When assayed in the presence of puromycin, this proportion increased to 20%. Three integral membrane proteins were fractionated by phase separation in Triton X-114. Aminopeptidase activity, endopeptidase-24.11 and peptidyl dipeptidase A partitioned predominantly into the detergent-rich phase when kidney microvillar membranes were so treated. However, only 5.5% of synaptic membrane aminopeptidase activity partitioned into this phase, although the other peptidases behaved predictably. About half of the aminopeptidase activity in ...
Binding to and Inhibition of Insulin-Regulated Aminopeptidase (IRAP) by Macrocyclic Disulfides Enhances Spine Density
Angiotensin IV (Ang IV) and related peptide analogues, as well as non-peptide inhibitors of insulin-regulated aminopeptidase (IRAP), have previously been shown to enhance memory and cognition in animal models. Furthermore, the endogenous IRAP substrates oxytocin and vasopressin are known to facilitate learning and memory. In this study, the two recently synthesized 13-membered macrocylic competitive IRAP inhibitors HA08 and HA09, which were designed to mimic the N-terminal of oxytocin and vasopressin, were assessed and compared based on their ability to bind to the IRAP active site, and alter dendritic spine density in rat hippocampal primary cultures. The binding modes of the IRAP inhibitors HA08, HA09 and of Ang IV in either the extended or γ-turn conformation at the C-terminal to human IRAP were predicted by docking and molecular dynamics (MD) simulations. The binding free energies calculated with the linear interaction energy (LIE) method, which are in excellent agreement with experimental ...
Discovery of Inhibitors of Insulin-Regulated Aminopeptidase as Cognitive Enhancers
The hexapeptide angiotensin IV (Ang IV) is a metabolite of angiotensin II (Ang II) and plays a central role in the brain. It was reported more than two decades ago that intracerebroventricular injection of Ang IV improved memory and learning in the rat. Several hypotheses have been put forward to explain the positive effects of Ang IV and related analogues on cognition. It has been proposed that the insulin-regulated aminopeptidase (IRAP) is the main target of Ang IV. This paper discusses progress in the discovery of inhibitors of IRAP as potential enhancers of cognitive functions. Very potent inhibitors of the protease have been synthesised, but pharmacokinetic issues (including problems associated with crossing the blood-brain barrier) remain to be solved. The paper also briefly presents an overview of the status in the discovery of inhibitors of ACE and renin, and of AT1R antagonists and AT2R agonists, in order to enable other discovery processes within the RAS system to be compared. The paper
Investigations towards the mechanisms of action of insulin-regulated aminopeptidase ligands in spatial memory and limbic...
Investigations towards the mechanisms of action of insulin-regulated aminopeptidase ligands in spatial memory and limbic seizures ...
Identification and biochemical characterisation of a novel methionine aminopeptidase from the taiga tick Ixodes persulcatus.<b...
Mingfa Yang , Yunyun Ma , Mingxin Song , Heyun Wu , Qian Jiang , Jiasen Liu , Liandong Qu Ticks Tick Borne Dis.2020 Sep 24;12(1):101554.doi: 10.1016/j.ttbdis.2020.101554. Online ahead of print.. Abstract. Methionine aminopeptidases (MetAPs), which remove the initiator methionine from nascent peptides, are essential in all organisms and considered to be a valuable targets for the treatment of various diseases, including cancer, malaria, and bacterial infections. However, MetAPs have not been reported in hard ticks (family Ixodidae), and their bioinformatics characterisation in ticks genome sequences is limited. In this study, we cloned, identified, and characterised a novel MetAP from Ixodes persulcatus, a vector for pathogens causing Lyme borreliosis and tick-borne encephalitis. The sequence analysis showed that I. persulcatus MetAP was a type 1 enzyme carrying C-terminal motifs conserved in the M24A family of metallopeptidases. Protein-protein docking simulations using human MetAP revealed ...
Non contiguous-finished genome sequence and description of Peptoniphilus senegalensis sp. nov.
Strain JC140T exhibited a catalase activity but no oxidase activity. Using the API Rapid ID 32A system, positive reactions were observed for arginine arylimidase, tyrosine arylamidase, histidine arylamidase and indole production. Weak reactions were observed for leucyl glycine arylamidase and glycine arylamidase. All other assays were negative. P. senegalensis is susceptible to penicillin G, amoxicillin + clavulanic acid, imipeneme, vancomycin, clindamycin and metronidazole. By comparison with other phylogenetically closely related Peptoniphilus species, P. senegalensis differed in leucine arylamidase, phenylalanine arylamidase and serine arylamidase activities with P. gorbachii , in tyrosine arylamidase activity with P. harei  and in α-galactosidase, serine arylamidase, leucine arylamidase, phenylalanine arylamidase, glycine arylamidase and glycine arylamidase activities with P. timonensis .. Matrix-assisted laser-desorption/ionization time-of-flight (MALDI-TOF) MS protein analysis ...
Alanine aminopeptidase - Wikipedia
Membrane alanyl aminopeptidase (EC 188.8.131.52) also known as alanyl aminopeptidase (AAP) or aminopeptidase N (AP-N) is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the ANPEP gene. Aminopeptidase N is located in the small-intestinal and renal microvillar membrane, and also in other plasma membranes. In the small intestine aminopeptidase N plays a role in the final digestion of peptides generated from hydrolysis of proteins by gastric and pancreatic proteases. Its function in proximal tubular epithelial cells and other cell types is less clear. The large extracellular carboxyterminal domain contains a pentapeptide consensus sequence characteristic of members of the zinc-binding metalloproteinase superfamily. Sequence comparisons with known enzymes of this class showed that CD13 and aminopeptidase N are identical. The latter enzyme was thought to be involved in the metabolism of regulatory peptides by diverse cell types, including small intestinal and renal tubular epithelial cells, macrophages, ...
MAP Enzyme E.Coli | Methionine Aminopeptidase | ProSpec
MAP produced in E.Coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 284 amino acids (1-264 a.a.) and having a molecular mass of 31.5kDa.
The Development of MetAP-2 Inhibitors in Cancer Treatment | Bentham Science
Title: The Development of MetAP-2 Inhibitors in Cancer Treatment. VOLUME: 19 ISSUE: 7. Author(s):S.-Q. Yin, J.-J. Wang, C.-M. Zhang and Z.-P. Liu. Affiliation:Department of Organic Chemistry,School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, P. R. China.. Keywords:Angiogenesis inhibitor, antiangiogenesis, endothelial cells, methionine, metastasis, migration, MetAP-2, cancer, MetAP-2 inhibitors, fumagillin, structure-activity relationship, vascular endothelial growth factor. Abstract: Methionine aminopeptidases (MetAPs), which remove methionine residue from newly synthesized polypeptide chains, are a class of metalloproteases ubiquitously distributed in both eukaryotes and prokaryotes. MetAP-2 inhibition can induce G1 cell cycle arrest, cytostasis in tumor cells in vitro and inhibition of tumor growth in vivo. The discovery of fumagillin with potent antiangiogenic and antiproliferative activities promoted the development of fumagillin analogues as a novel class of anticancer ...
Leucine aminopeptidase legal definition of leucine aminopeptidase
Definition of leucine aminopeptidase in the Legal Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is leucine aminopeptidase? Meaning of leucine aminopeptidase as a legal term. What does leucine aminopeptidase mean in law?
Methionine Aminopeptidase 2 (Initiation Factor 2 Associated 67 kDa Glycoprotein or Peptidase M 2 or eIF 2 Associated p67...
NEW YORK, Oct. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Methionine Aminopeptidase 2 (Initiation Factor 2 Associated 67 kDa Glycoprotein or Peptidase M 2 or eIF 2 Associated...
Methionine aminopeptidase, insert domain family
The SCOP classification for the Methionine aminopeptidase, insert domain family. Additional information, provided for both this family and the superfamily it belongs to, includes SUPERFAMILY links to genome assignments, alignments, domain combinations, taxonomic visualisation and hidden Markov model information.
Monoacylglycerol lipase | S33: Prolyl aminopeptidase | IUPHAR/BPS Guide to PHARMACOLOGY
The IUPHAR/BPS Guide to Pharmacology. Monoacylglycerol lipase - S33: Prolyl aminopeptidase. Detailed annotation on the structure, function, physiology, pharmacology and clinical relevance of drug targets.
ANPEP alanyl aminopeptidase, membrane [Homo sapiens (human)] - Gene - NCBI
Aminopeptidase N is located in the small-intestinal and renal microvillar membrane, and also in other plasma membranes. In the small intestine aminopeptidase N plays a role in the final digestion of peptides generated from hydrolysis of proteins by gastric and pancreatic proteases. Its function in proximal tubular epithelial cells and other cell types is less clear. The large extracellular carboxyterminal domain contains a pentapeptide consensus sequence characteristic of members of the zinc-binding metalloproteinase superfamily. Sequence comparisons with known enzymes of this class showed that CD13 and aminopeptidase N are identical. The latter enzyme was thought to be involved in the metabolism of regulatory peptides by diverse cell types, including small intestinal and renal tubular epithelial cells, macrophages, granulocytes, and synaptic membranes from the CNS. Human aminopeptidase N is a receptor for one strain of human coronavirus that is an important cause of upper respiratory tract ...
rs2549782 - SNPedia
A case-control study of 1103 Chilean maternal-fetal dyads and 1637 unpaired African American samples (836 maternal, 837 fetal) concluded that the fetal minor allele rs2549782(G) was associated with 1.3x increased risk (CI: 1.075-1.619) for pre-eclampsia in the African American population (p = 0.009), but not in the Chilean population. }} [PMID 20843824] Genetic diversity at endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidases is maintained by balancing selection and is associated with natural resistance to HIV-1 infection. [PMID 20595269] Serum cytokine receptors in ankylosing spondylitis: relationship to inflammatory markers and endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase polymorphisms. [PMID 19578876 ...
Aminopeptidase microsomal | definition of aminopeptidase microsomal by Medical dictionary
Looking for online definition of aminopeptidase microsomal in the Medical Dictionary? aminopeptidase microsomal explanation free. What is aminopeptidase microsomal? Meaning of aminopeptidase microsomal medical term. What does aminopeptidase microsomal mean?
Methionine Aminopeptidase-2 | Targeting NRAS in Melanoma and Acute Myelogenous Leukemia
The distribution of vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV) nucleocapsids in the cytoplasm of infected cells was analyzed by scanning confocal fluorescence microscopy utilizing a newly developed quantitative approach called the border-to-border distribution method. actin filaments with little if any effect on inhibition of microtubule function. These results indicate that the mechanisms by which nucleocapsids are transported to the farthest reaches of the cell differ from those Rabbit polyclonal to pdk1 required for incorporation into virions. This is likely due to the ability of nucleocapsids to follow shorter paths to the plasma membrane mediated by actin filaments. IMPORTANCE Tetracaine Nucleocapsids of nonsegmented negative-strand viruses like VSV are assembled in the cytoplasm during genome RNA replication and must migrate towards the plasma membrane for set up into virions. Nucleocapsids are too big to diffuse in the cytoplasm in enough time required for pathogen set up and should be transferred ...
Serum cystyl aminopeptidase activity in the 36th week of pregnancy. | Journal of Clinical Pathology
Serum cystyl aminopeptidase (CAS) activity was estimated at 36 weeks gestation in 209 normotensive pregnancies. The highest activity was found in 31 women who had spontaneous deliveries before 38 weeks gestation and the lowest in 76 women who were induced after term. The enzyme levels in 117 women who developed hypertension of pregnancy were higher than for normotensives; the highest levels were found in 32 women with pre-eclampsia. A correlation was found between serum CAS activity at 36 weeks gestation and the birth weight of babies of women who went into spontaneous labour at term (277 to 283 days gestation).. ...
Lanopepden camsylate | CAS#1441390-28-8 | peptide deformylase inhibitor| MedKoo
Lanopepden, also known as GSK-1322322 or GSK-322, is a potent and selective peptide deformylase inhibitor with good in vitro activity against bacteria associated with community-acquired pneumonia and skin infections. GSK1322322 had bactericidal activity against S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, S. pyogenes, and S. aureus, demonstrating a ≥ 3-log(10) decrease in the number of CFU/ml at 4× MIC within 24 h in 29 of the 33 strains tested. GSK1322322 represents a valuable alternative therapy for the treatment of infectious diseases caused by drug-resistant pathogens.
Leucine aminopeptidase is not essential for trimming peptides in the c by Charles Fenton Towne, Ian A. York et al.
To detect viral infections and tumors, CD8+ T lymphocytes monitor cells for the presence of antigenic peptides bound to MHC class I molecules. The majority of MHC class I-presented peptides are generated from the cleavage of cellular and viral proteins by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. Many of the oligopeptides produced by this process are too long to stably bind to MHC class I molecules and require further trimming for presentation. Leucine aminopeptidase (LAP) is an IFN-inducible cytosolic aminopeptidase that can trim precursor peptides to mature epitopes and has been thought to play an important role in Ag presentation. To examine the role of LAP in generating MHC class I peptides in vivo, we generated LAP-deficient mice and LAP-deficient cell lines. These mutant mice and cells are viable and grow normally. The trimming of peptides in LAP-deficient cells is not reduced under basal conditions or after stimulation with IFN. Similarly, there is no reduction in presentation of peptides from precursor
PDF peptide deformylase, mitochondrial [Homo sapiens (human)] - Gene - NCBI
Protein synthesis proceeds after formylation of methionine by methionyl-tRNA formyl transferase (FMT) and transfer of the charged initiator f-met tRNA to the ribosome. In eubacteria and eukaryotic organelles the product of this gene, peptide deformylase (PDF), removes the formyl group from the initiating methionine of nascent peptides. In eubacteria, deformylation of nascent peptides is required for subsequent cleavage of initiating methionines by methionine aminopeptidase. The discovery that a natural inhibitor of PDF, actinonin, acts as an antimicrobial agent in some bacteria has spurred intensive research into the design of bacterial-specific PDF inhibitors. In human cells, only mitochondrial proteins have N-formylation of initiating methionines. Protein inhibitors of PDF or siRNAs of PDF block the growth of cancer cell lines but have no effect on normal cell growth. In humans, PDF function may therefore be restricted to rapidly growing cells. [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2008 ...
Nmar 0648 protein (Nitrosopumilus maritimus) - STRING interaction network
Methionine aminopeptidase; Removes the N-terminal methionine from nascent proteins. The N-terminal methionine is often cleaved when the second residue in the primary sequence is small and uncharged (Met-Ala-, Cys, Gly, Pro, Ser, Thr, or Val); Belongs to the peptidase M24A family. Methionine aminopeptidase archaeal type 2 subfamily (297 aa ...
Methionine aminopeptidase 1
Cotranslationally removes the N-terminal methionine from nascent proteins. The N-terminal methionine is often cleaved when the second residue in the primary sequence is small and uncharged (Met-Ala-, Cys, Gly, Pro, Ser, Thr, or Val). Required for normal progression through the cell cycle ...
GT:ID BAD55641.1 GT:GENE BAD55641.1 GT:PRODUCT putative methionine aminopeptidase GT:DATABASE GIB00210CH01 GT:ORG nfar0 GB:ACCESSION GIB00210CH01 GB:LOCATION 860331..861131 GB:FROM 860331 GB:TO 861131 GB:DIRECTION + GB:PRODUCT putative methionine aminopeptidase GB:PROTEIN_ID BAD55641.1 LENGTH 266 SQ:AASEQ MVFGRKNKKVVPFRTAGELDAMAAAGAVVGRALVAVRAAAKPGVSTLELDEVAEQTIREAGAVPSFKGYHGFPGSICSSVNDRVVHGIPSAEEILAEGDLVSIDCGAILDGWHGDSAWTFGVGSIIEADRLLSEATRISMEAGIAAMVPGNRLTDVSHAIELGTRAAEQEHGRAYGIVDGYGGHGIGREMHMDPFLANEGEPGRGPQLVVGSVLAIEPMLTLGTTQTKVLDDDWTVVTVDGSRAAHWEHTVAVTEDGPRILTPRPE GT:EXON 1,1-266:0, BL:SWS:NREP 1 BL:SWS:REP 41-,262,AMPM_CLOAB,5e-54,48.1,216/250, SEG 21-,40,amaaagavvgralvavraaa, SEG 175-,187,ygivdgygghgig, SEG 227-,240,tkvldddwtvvtvd, BL:PDB:NREP 1 BL:PDB:REP 42-,262,1o0xA,1e-37,38.1,215/249, RP:PDB:NREP 1 RP:PDB:REP 41-,266,2bb7A,5e-42,32.7,220/258, RP:PFM:NREP 1 RP:PFM:REP 41-,159,PF00557,2e-13,44.2,113/203,Peptidase_M24, HM:PFM:NREP 1 HM:PFM:REP ...
KEGG ENZYME: 184.108.40.206
Thermostable enzyme from Vibrio proteolyticus (formerly Aeromonas proteolytica). Specificity related to, but distinct from, those of thermolysin and bacillolysin . A zinc metallopeptidase in family M4 (thermolysin family). Formerly included in EC 220.127.116.11 ...
Tuned by metals: the TET peptidase activity is controlled by 3 metal binding sites
TET aminopeptidases are dodecameric particles shared in the three life domains involved in various biological processes, from carbon source provider in archaea to eye-pressure regulation in humans. Each subunit contains a dinuclear metal site (M1 and M2) responsible for the enzyme catalytic activity. However, the role of each metal ion is still uncharacterized. Noteworthy, while mesophilic TETs are activated by Mn(2+), hyperthermophilic TETs prefers Co(2+). Here, by means of anomalous x-ray crystallography and enzyme kinetics measurements of the TET3 aminopeptidase from the hyperthermophilic organism Pyrococcus furiosus (PfTET3), we show that M2 hosts the catalytic activity of the enzyme, while M1 stabilizes the TET3 quaternary structure and controls the active site flexibility in a temperature dependent manner. A new third metal site (M3) was found in the substrate binding pocket, modulating the PfTET3 substrate preferences. These data show that TET activity is tuned by the molecular interplay among
Neuromedin N (NN) induced a concentration-dependent contraction (ED50 = 2.3 +/- 0.2 microM) of the isolated longitudinal smooth muscle from guinea pig ileum. This effect was drastically enhanced (ED50 = 0.06 microM) by the aminopeptidases M and B inhibitor bestatin (10 microM), which elicited a 40-fold increase in NN potency. HPLC analysis indicated that the main NN catabolite generated by membranes from guinea pig longitudinal smooth muscle homogenate corresponded to des-Lys1-NN, which results from removal of the N-terminal lysyl residue of NN. The fact that the formation of des-Lys1-NN was fully prevented by bestatin (10 microM) further supports the involvement of aminopeptidases in NN degradation. We examined the catabolic fate of NN in vivo in the vascularly perfused dog ileum. Bolus administration or continuous infusion of the peptide led to rapid disappearance of NN. This was prevented by prior treatment of ileal segments with bestatin (10 microM) but not with arphamenine B (0.5 microM), ...
Leucine Amino peptidase (LAP) Test: Principle, Procedure and results - microbeonline
The LAP disk is a rapid test for the detection of enzyme lucine amino peptidase.. Leucine-beta-naphthylamide impregnated disk serve as a substrate for the detection of lucine aminopeptidase. Following hydrolysis of the substrate by enzyme, the resulting beta- naphthylamineprodeces a red color upon the addition of cinnamaldehyde reagent ...
Characterization of Aminopeptidase PepZ in Staphylococcus aureus Virul by Tiffany Marie Robison
Staphylococcus aureus is a remarkably successful pathogen, accounting for an estimated 95,000 invasive infections annually in the U.S. alone. The burden of MRSA infections on public healthcare continues to rise, particularly with the continued spread of antibiotic resistant strains and the hyper-virulent CA-MRSA strains. The pathogenic nature of S. aureus can be attributed to the cache of virulence factors encoded within the genome of this organism. Typically, these are secreted toxins which directly interact with the host during infection, and facilitate pathogenesis. A previous screen in our laboratory investigating proteases in S. aureus identified a mutant in aminopeptidase Z as being attenuated in disease causation. Classically aminopeptidases function in the bioactivation/inactivation of proteins; and/or the utilization of imported peptides for cellular nutrition. We therefore hypothesize that cells deficient in one of these two processes would have decreased fitness levels, resulting in reduced
Pig Leucine aminopeptidase 3 (LAP3) ELISA Kit - Antibodies, ELISA Kits, Research Products - Gentaur.com
Search results for Pig Leucine aminopeptidase 3 (LAP3) ELISA Kit. Find and buy Antibodies, ELISA Kits or Research Products on new gentaur.com online store.
TPP2 Gene - GeneCards | TPP2 Protein | TPP2 Antibody
Complete information for TPP2 gene (Protein Coding), Tripeptidyl Peptidase 2, including: function, proteins, disorders, pathways, orthologs, and expression. GeneCards - The Human Gene Compendium
DPP6 Antibody (ER1902-07) - HUABIO
Promotes cell surface expression of the potassium channel KCND2 . Modulates the activity and gating characteristics of the potassium channel KCND2. Has no dipeptidyl aminopeptidase activity .This gene encodes a single-pass type II membrane protein that is a member of the S9B family in clan SC of the serine proteases. This protein has no detectable protease activity, most likely due to the absence of the conserved serine residue normally present in the catalytic domain of serine proteases. However, it does bind specific voltage-gated potassium channels and alters their expression and biophysical properties. Alternate transcriptional splice variants, encoding different isoforms, have been characterized.. ...
Malarial aminopeptidase molecule - Stock Image C035/8499 - Science Photo Library
Malarial aminopeptidase molecule. Computer model showing the structure of the M18 aspartyl aminopeptidase with a dodecameric assembly arranged via dimer and trimer units forming a tetrahedron shape. From Plasmodium falciparum. - Stock Image C035/8499
Aminopeptidase | Define Aminopeptidase at Dictionary.com
Aminopeptidase definition, any of several intestinal hydrolytic enzymes that remove an amino acid from the end of a peptide chain having a free amino group. See more.
Aminopeptidases | Applied and Environmental Microbiology
ASM journals are the most prominent publications in the field, delivering up-to-date and authoritative coverage of both basic and clinical microbiology.. About ASM , Contact Us , Press Room. ASM is a member of. ...
METAP1D Gene - GeneCards | MAP12 Protein | MAP12 Antibody
Complete information for METAP1D gene (Protein Coding), Methionyl Aminopeptidase Type 1D, Mitochondrial, including: function, proteins, disorders, pathways, orthologs, and expression. GeneCards - The Human Gene Compendium
Targeted Identification of Infection‐Related HLA Class I-Presented Epitopes by Stable Isotope Tagging of Epitopes (SITE) -...
Identification of peptides presented in human leukocyte antigen (HLA) class I molecules after viral infection is of strategic importance for immunology and vaccine development
Aminopeptidases are enzymes that remove amino acids from the amino terminus of protein. They are present in all lifeforms and ... These enzymes have two classes: aminopeptidases are a brush border enzyme and carboxypeptidases which is from the pancreas. ... Taylor A (February 1993). "Aminopeptidases: structure and function". FASEB Journal. 7 (2): 290-8. doi:10.1096/fasebj.7.2. ...
The most well-characterized oxytocinase is leucyl/cystinyl aminopeptidase, which is also an enkephalinase. Other oxytocinases ... Enkephalinase inhibitor Tsujimoto M, Hattori A (2005). "The oxytocinase subfamily of M1 aminopeptidases". Biochim. Biophys. ... role of aminopeptidases and endopeptidases". Peptides. 12 (5): 1119-25. doi:10.1016/0196-9781(91)90068-z. PMID 1800950. Itoh C ... L-cystine aminopeptidase) in human placenta: purification and characterization". Biol. Pharm. Bull. 20 (1): 20-4. doi:10.1248/ ...
Puromycin-sensitive amino peptidase also known as cytosol alanyl aminopeptidase or alanine aminopeptidase (AAP) (EC 18.104.22.168) ... "Entrez Gene: NPEPPS aminopeptidase puromycin sensitive". Holdt B, Peters E, Nagel HR, Steiner M (2008). "An automated assay of ... Bauer WO, Nanda I, Beck G, Schmid M, Jakob F (2001). "Human puromycin-sensitive aminopeptidase: cloning of 3' UTR, evidence for ... Thompson MW, Govindaswami M, Hersh LB (May 2003). "Mutation of active site residues of the puromycin-sensitive aminopeptidase: ...
"Entrez Gene: RNPEP arginyl aminopeptidase (aminopeptidase B)". Belhacene N, Mari B, Rossi B, Auberger P (1993). " ... Aminopeptidase B is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the RNPEP gene. GRCh38: Ensembl release 89: ENSG00000176393 - ... Aurich-Costa J, Cadel S, Gouzy C, Foulon T, Cherif D, Cohen P (Apr 1998). "Assignment of the aminopeptidase B gene (RNPEP) to ... Foulon T, Cadel S, Cohen P (Oct 1999). "Aminopeptidase B (EC 22.214.171.124)". Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 31 (7): 747-50. doi:10.1016/ ...
Aminopeptidases also contributes an aroma in traditional Norman Camembert. The fungus also neutralizes the curd by catabolizing ... G. candidum reduces the bitterness in Camembert cheese through the activity of the aminopeptidases that hydrolyze low molecular ...
1999). "Thermostable aminopeptidase from Pyrococcus horikoshii". FEBS Letters. 447 (1): 25-28. doi:10.1016/S0014-5793(99)00257- ...
... however puromycin can be used to distinguish between aminopeptidase M (active) and cytosol alanyl aminopeptidase (inhibited by ... Dando, Pam M.; Young, Nina E.; Barrett, Alan J. (1997). "Aminopeptidase PS: a Widely Distributed Cytosolic Peptidase". In Hopsu ... Puromycin is a reversible inhibitor of dipeptidyl-peptidase II (serine peptidase) and cytosol alanyl aminopeptidase ( ...
Arienti G, Carlini E, Verdacchi R, Palmerini CA (August 1997). "Transfer of aminopeptidase activity from prostasomes to sperm ... amino-peptidase N (CD13); dipeptidyl-peptidase IV (CD26); enkephalinase (neutral endopeptidase, CD10); angiotensin converting ... "Prostasome to sperm transfer of CD13/aminopeptidase N (EC 126.96.36.199)". Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects. ...
"Inhibitors of Plasmodium falciparum M1- Family Alanyl Aminopeptidase (M1AAP)". Lee, JS; Lee, MS; Oh, WK; Sul, JY (2009). "Fatty ...
Aminopeptidase and dipeptidase free the end amino acid products. Lipids (fats) are degraded into fatty acids and glycerol. ...
... that exerts a targeted delivery of melphalan in cells with high expression of aminopeptidases, such as aminopeptidase N, which ... Aminopeptidase N is frequently overexpressed in tumors and has been associated with the growth of different human cancers ... Wickström, M; Larsson, R; Nygren, P; Gullbo, J (2011). "Aminopeptidase N (CD13) as a target for cancer chemotherapy". Cancer ... The Zn(2+) dependent ectopeptidase (also known as alanine aminopeptidase), degrades proteins and peptides with a N-terminal ...
2005). "Isoforms of dipeptidyl aminopeptidase IV from Pseudomonas sp. WO24: role of the signal sequence and overexpression in ...
Hopsu-Havu, V. K.; Mäkinen, K. K.; Glenner, G. G. (1966). "Formation of Bradykinin from Kallidin-10 by Aminopeptidase B". ... Kallidin can be converted into bradykinin by Aminopeptidase B, creating a connection between LK and the kinin-kallikrein system ...
Then methionine aminopeptidase (MAP) removes the residue from the chain. The mitochondria of eukaryotic cells, including those ...
Proteases in angiogenesis
Aminopeptidases function as exopeptidases which remove amino acids from the amino-terminus of proteins. Aminopeptidase N (CD13/ ... Aminopeptidase A also may be involved in pericyte recruitment due to its increased expression by activated pericytes in various ... 2000). "Aminopeptidase N is a receptor for tumor homing peptides and a target for inhibiting angiogenesis". Cancer Res. 60 (3 ... Functionally, ADAMTS can be divided into three groups: procollagen aminopeptidase, aggrecanase, and ADAMTS13 which cleaves von ...
II, Aminopeptidase N et Enzyme de Conversion de l'Angiotensine [Structural analysis of the active site of three Zinc- ... All strains of the coronavirus study group 1 (feline, porcine and human) can bind to the feline aminopeptidase N fapn but the ... Some advanced studies have shown a high homology between the Aminopeptidase N and the Angiotensin-converting enzyme. It is more ... Tresnan, Dina B.; Holmes, Kathryn V. (1998). "Feline Aminopeptidase N is a Receptor for All Group I Coronaviruses". In Enjuanes ...
Xaa-Pro aminopeptidase 3, also known as aminopeptidase P3, is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the XPNPEP3 gene. XPNPEP3 ... NPHP6/CEP290 TNF "Entrez Gene: X-prolyl aminopeptidase (aminopeptidase P) 3". O'Toole JF, Liu Y, Davis EE, et al. (March 2010 ... XPNPEP3 belongs to a family of X-pro-aminopeptidases (EC 188.8.131.52) that utilize a metal cofactor and remove the N-terminal ... Erşahin, C; Szpaderska, AM; Orawski, AT; Simmons, WH (15 March 2005). "Aminopeptidase P isozyme expression in human tissues and ...
Ball, H. J.; Neill, S. D.; Reid, L. R. (January 1982). "Use of arginine aminopeptidase activity in characterization of arginine ...
... may contain dipeptidases, aminopeptidases, occasionally carboxypeptidases, and others including leucyl aminopeptidase, ... and more precise terms such as aminopeptidase, carboxypeptidase and dipeptidase are preferred. The term is now considered ...
Angiotensin II receptor
Andersson H (2010). Design and Synthesis of Angiotensin IV Peptidomimetics Targeting the Insulin-Regulated Aminopeptidase (IRAP ... "AT4 receptor is insulin-regulated membrane aminopeptidase: potential mechanisms of memory enhancement". Trends in Endocrinology ...
The methionine residue can be further removed by the enzyme methionine aminopeptidase. Two formylation reactions are required ...
It specifically inhibits leucyl aminopeptidase, alanyl aminopeptidase (aminopeptidase M/N), bacterial leucyl aminopeptidase ( ... aminopeptidase A), as well as other aminopeptidases. It does not inhibit arginyl aminopeptidase (aminopeptidase B). Amastatin ... Aeromonas proteolytica aminopeptidase), leucyl/cystinyl aminopeptidase (oxytocinase/vasopressinase), and, to a lesser extent, ... competitive and reversible aminopeptidase inhibitor that was isolated from Streptomyces sp. ME 98-M3. ...
2011). Puromycin-sensitive aminopeptidase (PSA/NPEPPS) impedes development of neuropathology in HPSA/TAU P301L double- ... 2010). Overexpression of puromycin sensitive aminopeptidase (PSA/NPEPPS) reduces soluble tau and delays development of ... 2009). Effect of puromycin sensitive aminopeptidase overexpression on TAU protein metabolism in vivo. Alzheimers & Dementia - ...
These agents increase the level of aminopeptidase P, an enzyme that inactivates kinins; kinins (especially bradykinin) are ... 2008). "Metallopeptidase activities in hereditary angioedema: effect of androgen prophylaxis on plasma aminopeptidase P". The ...
Serotype II targets Aminopeptidase N, while the receptor for Serotype I is unknown. The difference is due to a different spike ...
Bauvois, B; Dauzonne, D (January 2006). "Aminopeptidase-N/CD13 (EC 184.108.40.206) inhibitors: Chemistry, biological evaluations, and ...
Biological Importance and Immunogenicity of Human Aminopeptidase N (CD13) in Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection. The dissertation ...
Tiewsiri, Kasorn; Wang, Ping (2011-08-23). "Differential alteration of two aminopeptidases N associated with resistance to ... with greenhouse-evolved population of Bt resistant cabbage looper demonstrate that the downregulation of the aminopeptidase N, ...
It is also more resistant to cleavage by the dipeptidyl aminopeptidase than human GHRH. It stimulates the synthesis and release ...
Combined oral contraceptive pill
Cilia La Corte AL, Carter AM, Turner AJ, Grant PJ, Hooper NM (December 2008). "The bradykinin-degrading aminopeptidase P is ... Certain enzymes are capable of breaking down bradykinin (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme, Aminopeptidase P). Progesterone can ... increase the levels of Aminopeptidase P (AP-P), thereby increasing the breakdown of bradykinin, which increases the risk of ...
Aminopeptidase - Wikipedia
One important aminopeptidase is a zinc-dependent enzyme produced and secreted by glands of the small intestine. It helps the ... Alanine aminopeptidase Carboxypeptidase PDB: 3QNF: Kochan G, Krojer T, Harvey D, Fischer R, Chen L, Vollmar M, von Delft F, ... Aminopeptidases are enzymes that catalyze the cleavage of amino acids from the amino terminus (N-terminus) of proteins or ... Aminopeptidases are used in essential cellular functions. Many, but not all, of these peptidases are zinc metalloenzymes. Some ...
Tripeptide aminopeptidase - Wikipedia
Leucyl/cystinyl aminopeptidase - Wikipedia
Leucyl/cystinyl aminopeptidase, also known as cystinyl aminopeptidase (CAP), insulin-regulated aminopeptidase (IRAP), human ... end and chromosomal assignment of human placental leucine aminopeptidase/insulin-regulated membrane aminopeptidase gene". ... Leucine aminopeptidase". Acta genetica et statistica medica. 16 (2): 122-31. doi:10.1159/000151957. PMID 5953194. Itoh C, ... Mutations in this gene have been associated to psoriasis risk.(doi:10.1038/jid.2013.317) Cystinyl aminopeptidase has been shown ...
Aspartyl aminopeptidase (Q9ULA0) | InterPro | EMBL-EBI
InterPro provides functional analysis of proteins by classifying them into families and predicting domains and important sites. We combine protein signatures from a number of member databases into a single searchable resource, capitalising on their individual strengths to produce a powerful integrated database and diagnostic tool.
Aminopeptidase | Define Aminopeptidase at Dictionary.com
Leucine aminopeptidase - urine: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
Dipeptidyl Aminopeptidases - Basic Science and Clinical Applications | Uwe Lendeckel | Springer
Dipeptidyl Aminopeptidases exert a potent modulatory role at an interface between immune mechanisms, metabolic responses, and ... Dipeptidyl Aminopeptidases. Basic Science and Clinical Applications. Editors: Lendeckel, Uwe, Reinhold, Dirk, Bank, Ute (Eds.) ... Dipeptidyl Aminopeptidases. Book Subtitle. Basic Science and Clinical Applications. Editors. * Uwe Lendeckel ... Dipeptidyl Aminopeptidases exert a potent modulatory role at an interface between immune mechanisms, metabolic responses, and ...
Leucine aminopeptidase blood test: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
The leucine aminopeptidase (LAP) test measures how much of this enzyme is in your blood. ... Leucine aminopeptidase (LAP) - blood. In: Chernecky CC, Berger BJ, eds. Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures. 6th ed. St ... The leucine aminopeptidase (LAP) test measures how much of this enzyme is in your blood. ...
Probable cytosol aminopeptidase (C1DPG2) | InterPro | EMBL-EBI
Specific Inhibitors of Aminopeptidase P | SpringerLink
Aminopeptidase P (APP, EC 220.127.116.11) is a metal-dependent proline-specific peptidase. The enzyme splits N-terminal Xaa-Pro ... aminopeptidase B and aminopeptidase M.4 X-ray crystallografic results demonstrated the bestatin chelation of one of the active ... Simmons, W. H. and Orawski, A. T.: Membrane-bound Aminopeptidase P from Bovine Lung. J. Biol. Chem. 267: 4897-4903, 1992.PubMed ... Aminopeptidase P (APP, EC 18.104.22.168) is a metal-dependent proline-specific peptidase. The enzyme splits N-terminal Xaa-Pro ...
ANPEP alanyl aminopeptidase, membrane [Homo sapiens (human)] - Gene - NCBI
aminopeptidase N. Names. AP-M. AP-N. alanyl (membrane) aminopeptidase. aminopeptidase M. hAPN. membrane alanyl aminopeptidase. ... ANPEP alanyl aminopeptidase, membrane [Homo sapiens] ANPEP alanyl aminopeptidase, membrane [Homo sapiens]. Gene ID:290 ... M1_APN_2; Peptidase M1 Aminopeptidase N family incudes tricorn interacting factor F3, Endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase 1 ( ... M1_APN_2; Peptidase M1 Aminopeptidase N family incudes tricorn interacting factor F3, Endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase 1 ( ...
Human aminopeptidase N is a receptor for human coronavirus 229E | Nature
A mutant aminopeptidase lacking the catalytic site of the enzyme did not bind HCV-229E or RBS and did not render murine cells ... Here we report that human aminopeptidase N, a cell-surface metalloprotease on intestinal, lung and kidney epithelial cells2-5, ... A monoclonal antibody, RBS, blocked HCV-229E virus infection of human lung fibroblasts, immunoprecipitated aminopeptidase N and ... infection of human cells with HCV-OC43 was not inhibited by antibody RBS and expression of aminopeptidase N did not enhance HCV ...
DNPEP aspartyl aminopeptidase [Homo sapiens (human)] - Gene - NCBI
DNPEP aspartyl aminopeptidase [Homo sapiens] DNPEP aspartyl aminopeptidase [Homo sapiens]. Gene ID:23549 ... aspartyl aminopeptidaseprovided by HGNC. Primary source. HGNC:HGNC:2981 See related. Ensembl:ENSG00000123992 MIM:611367 Gene ... DNPEP aspartyl aminopeptidase [ Homo sapiens (human) ] Gene ID: 23549, updated on 7-Jun-2020 ... Identification of histidine residues important in the catalysis and structure of aspartyl aminopeptidase. Wilk S, et al. Arch ...
Regulation of auxin transport by aminopeptidases and endogenous flavonoids
Aminopeptidases | Applied and Environmental Microbiology
Aminopeptidase C of Aspergillus niger Is a Novel Phenylalanine Aminopeptidase Daniëlle E. J. W. Basten, Peter J. T. Dekker, ... Alteration of Leucine Aminopeptidase from Streptomyces septatus TH-2 to Phenylalanine Aminopeptidase by Site-Directed ... The Aminolysis Reaction of Streptomyces S9 Aminopeptidase Promotes the Synthesis of Diverse Prolyl Dipeptides Jiro Arima, ... Cloning, Expression, and Characterization of Aminopeptidase P from the Hyperthermophilic Archaeon Thermococcus sp. Strain NA1 ...
Leucine Aminopeptidase - Serum | Medical Tests | UCSF Health
The leucine aminopeptidase (LAP) test measures how much of this enzyme is in your blood. Your urine can also be checked for ... Leucine aminopeptidase (LAP) - blood. In: Chernecky CC, Berger BJ, eds. Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures. 6th ed. St ... The leucine aminopeptidase (LAP) test measures how much of this enzyme. is in your blood. ...
RCSB PDB - Protein Feature View - Cytosol aminopeptidase - P28838 (AMPL HUMAN)
The PDB archive contains information about experimentally-determined structures of proteins, nucleic acids, and complex assemblies. As a member of the wwPDB, the RCSB PDB curates and annotates PDB data according to agreed upon standards. The RCSB PDB also provides a variety of tools and resources. Users can perform simple and advanced searches based on annotations relating to sequence, structure and function. These molecules are visualized, downloaded, and analyzed by users who range from students to specialized scientists.
RCSB PDB - Protein Feature View - Aminopeptidase N - P15144 (AMPN HUMAN)
Discovery of Inhibitors of Insulin-Regulated Aminopeptidase as Cognitive Enhancers
It has been proposed that the insulin-regulated aminopeptidase (IRAP) is the main target of Ang IV. This paper discusses ... Proteolytic cleavage by glutamyl aminopeptidase A (AP-A) and membrane alanyl aminopeptidase N (AP-N), for example, results in ... IRAP has been identified as cystinyl aminopeptidase (CAP, EC 22.214.171.124), placental leucine aminopeptidase (P-LAP, soluble human ... K. Ito, Y. Nakajima, Y. Onohara et al., "Crystal structure of aminopeptidase N (Proteobacteria alanyl aminopeptidase) from ...
pepN - Aminopeptidase N - Streptomyces lividans - pepN gene & protein
Aminopeptidase with broad substrate specificity to several peptides. Shows strong preference for leucine but cleaves also next ... IPR042097 Aminopeptidase_N-like_N. IPR024571 ERAP1-like_C_dom. IPR012778 Pept_M1_aminopeptidase. IPR001930 Peptidase_M1. ... IPR042097 Aminopeptidase_N-like_N. IPR024571 ERAP1-like_C_dom. IPR012778 Pept_M1_aminopeptidase. IPR001930 Peptidase_M1. ... Aminopeptidase N (EC:126.96.36.199*Search proteins in UniProtKB for this EC number. ...
Anti-Aspartyl Aminopeptidase antibody (ab239031) | Abcam
Rabbit polyclonal Aspartyl Aminopeptidase antibody. Validated in IHC, ICC/IF and tested in Human. Immunogen corresponding to ... Primary - Rabbit Anti-Aspartyl Aminopeptidase antibody (ab239031) IHC-P, ICC/IF Secondary - Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) ( ... Aminopeptidase with specificity towards an acidic amino acid at the N-terminus. Likely to play an important role in ... MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) cells stained for Aspartyl Aminopeptidase (Green) using ab239031 at 1/200 dilution ...
aminopeptidase A ELISA Kits | Biocompare.com
Compare aminopeptidase A ELISA Kits from leading suppliers on Biocompare. View specifications, prices, citations, reviews, and ... aminopeptidase A ELISA Kits. The ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) is a well-established antibody-based tool for ... Your search returned 89 aminopeptidase A ELISA ELISA Kit across 4 suppliers. ...
... on WN Network delivers the latest Videos and Editable pages for News & Events, including Entertainment, Music, ... Aminopeptidase Y. Aminopeptidase Y (EC 188.8.131.52, aminopeptidase Co, aminopeptidase (cobalt-activated), lysyl aminopeptidase) ... Aminopeptidase S. Aminopeptidase S (EC 184.108.40.206, Mername-AA022 peptidase, SGAP, aminopeptidase (Streptomyces griseus), ... Aminopeptidase N (Myeloid Plasma Membrane Glycoprotein CD13 or Alanyl Aminopeptidase or Aminopeptidase M or Microsomal .... *. ...
Patent US6184020 - Polypeptides having aminopeptidase activity and nucleic acids encoding same - Google Patents
The present invention relates to isolated polypeptides having aminopeptidase activity and isolated nucleic acid sequences ... The purified aminopeptidase was designated Sphingomonas capsulata aminopeptidase I.. Example 3. Purification of Sphingomonas ... An enzyme with aminopeptidase activity. WO1997004108A1 *. Apr 1, 1996. Feb 6, 1997. R hm Gmbh. Leucine aminopeptidases produced ... The aminopeptidase I dosages used were based on alanyl-aminopeptidase units (AAU) determined by the hydrolysis of Ala-pNa at pH ...
Anti-Aminopeptidase A antibody [EPR9411(2)] (ab155991)
Rabbit recombinant monoclonal Aminopeptidase A antibody [EPR9411(2)] validated for WB, IHC and tested in Human. With 3 ... Anti-Aminopeptidase A antibody [EPR9411(2)]. See all Aminopeptidase A primary antibodies. ... All lanes : Anti-Aminopeptidase A antibody [EPR9411(2)] (ab155991) at 1/1000 dilution. Lane 1 : Human fetal lung lysate. Lane 2 ... Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) corresponding to Human Aminopeptidase A. ...
Leucine aminopeptidase - urine | Health Encyclopedia | FloridaHealthFinder.gov
Structural basis for the inhibition of the essential Plasmodium falciparum M1 neutral aminopeptidase | PNAS
Substrate Specificity of the P. falciparum Alanyl Aminopeptidase PfA-M1.. The M1 alanyl aminopeptidase gene (MAL13P1.56) (9), ... This residue is conserved in bacterial aminopeptidases; however, the equivalent position (469) in eukaryote M1 aminopeptidases ... 2006) Crystal structure of aminopeptidase N (proteobacteria alanyl aminopeptidase) from Escherichia coli and conformational ... and a leucine aminopeptidase, PfA-M17 (7, ,11, ,12). We have demonstrated that the aminopeptidase inhibitor bestatin, an ...
A leucine aminopeptidase is involved in kinetoplast DNA segregation in Trypanosoma brucei
Physiological Roles of Ectoenzymes Indicated by the Use of Aminopeptidase Inhibitors | SpringerLink
Aoyagi, T., 1996, Physiological roles of ectoenzymes indicated by the use of aminopeptidase inhibitors. In Aminopeptidases ( ... an inhibitor of aminopeptidase B and leucine aminopeptidase. J. Antibiot. 29: 857-859.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar ... Expression of aminopeptidase N on human choriocarcinoma cells and cell growth suppression by the inhibition of aminopeptidase N ... Wachsmuth, E.D., 1975, Aminopeptidase as a marker for macrophage differentiation. Exp.Cell Res. 96: 409-15.PubMedCrossRefGoogle ...
LeucineMethionine AminopeptidaseEnzymeInhibitorAbstractPeptidesCD13AspartylSerumProteinAntibodyERAP1AntibodiesMicrosomalIRAPProteinsCytosol aminopeptidaseMethionyl aminopeptidaseArginylGlutamylSubstratesEnzymesBestatinGeneSubstratePeptideRecombinantCharacterizationImmunohistochemicalKidney aminopeptidaseLeucyl AminopeptidasePEPNSpecificityELISAActivityStreptomycesDetectsHuman
- Leucyl/cystinyl aminopeptidase, also known as cystinyl aminopeptidase (CAP), insulin-regulated aminopeptidase (IRAP), human placental leucine aminopeptidase (PLAP), oxytocinase, and vasopressinase, is an enzyme of the aminopeptidase group that in humans is encoded by the LNPEP gene. (wikipedia.org)
- Human placental leucine aminopeptidase/oxytocinase. (wikipedia.org)
- Leucine aminopeptidase is a type of protein called an enzyme. (medlineplus.gov)
- The leucine aminopeptidase (LAP) test measures how much of this enzyme is in your blood. (medlineplus.gov)
- It is known, however, that peptides containing N-terminal 2-hydroxy-3-amino acids like bestatin and amastatin are inhibitors of the metal-dependent peptidases leucine aminopeptidase (LAP), aminopeptidase B and aminopeptidase M. 4 X-ray crystallografic results demonstrated the bestatin chelation of one of the active Zinc ions of bovine lens LAP. (springer.com)
- Burley, S. K., David, P. R. and Lipscomb, W. N.: Leucine Aminopeptidase: Bestatin Inhibition and a Model for Enzyme-Catalyzed Peptide Hydrolysis. (springer.com)
- On the other hand, radiolabel was removed efficiently from DAT in the presence of leucine aminopeptidase , a nonspecific exo-type aminopeptidase. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Additional isoenzyme markers are currently being sought, including leucine aminopeptidase (LAP), which has been resolved with the same buffers as MDH. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Leucine aminopeptidase (LAP), one of the important cancer-related biomarkers, is significantly over-expressed in many malignant tumor cells. (rsc.org)
- Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1 is also known as adipocyte-derived leucine aminopeptidase, type 1 tumor necrosis factor receptor shedding aminopeptidase regulator and ERAAP (the aminopeptidase associated with antigen processing in the endoplasmic reticulum). (rndsystems.com)
- The search for its enzymatic activity and peptide substrates by using chromogenic/fluorogenic assays and reverse phase HPLC studies, demonstrated that this enzyme is a cobalt-activated leucine aminopeptidase, discriminated from other M42 aminopeptidases by its very broad activity spectrum, that extends to aromatic residues. (archives-ouvertes.fr)
- Adipocyte-derived leucine aminopeptidase (ALAP) is a recently identified member of the M1 family of zinc-metallopeptidases and is thought to play a role in blood pressure control through inactivation of angiotensin II and/or generation of bradykinin. (diva-portal.org)
- Leucine aminopeptidase is not essential for trimming peptides in the cytosol or generating epitopes for MHC class I antigen presentation. (umassmed.edu)
- Interferon-gamma can stimulate post-proteasomal trimming of the N terminus of an antigenic peptide by inducing leucine aminopeptidase. (umassmed.edu)
- Alanine, leucine, methionine, phenylalanine, and glycyl-proline aminopeptidases and esterase showed relatively high activities in all these organs and cells. (aacrjournals.org)
- Too much leucine aminopeptidase is released into your blood when you have a liver tumor or damage to your liver cells. (stlukes-stl.com)
- Leucine aminopeptidase is a protein, called an enzyme, which is normally found in liver cells and cells of the small intestine. (ucsfbenioffchildrens.org)
- High levels of leucine aminopeptidase (LAP) have been detected in Schistosoma mansoni eggs. (ajtmh.org)
- IRAP (also known as placental leucine aminopeptidase and oxytocinase) also has other important biological functions, including the regulation of trafficking of the glucose transporter type 4, the control of oxytocin levels in pregnancy, and the regulation of brain oxytocin and vasopressin levels ( 7 ). (jimmunol.org)
- Identification of phosphinate dipeptide analog inhibitors directed against the Plasmodium falciparum M17 leucine aminopeptidase as lead antimalarial compounds. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Activity of alanine aminopeptidase (AlaAP), leucine aminopeptidase (LeuAP) and arginyl aminopeptidase (ArgAP) was determined in whole milk of Polish Red cows (mean yield 4200 kg per lactation) at the end of autumn/winter (A/W) and then at the end of spring/summer (S/S) feeding season - 23 and 19 cows, respectively. (eurekamag.com)
- The colorimetric determination of leucine aminopeptidase in urine and serum of normal subjects. (deepdyve.com)
- T h e present report deals with a new method for the colorimetric measurement o leucine f aminopeptidase activity in urine and an improved procedure for the assay of enzymatic activity in tissues and serum, the kinetics o f the urinary and serum enzyme, and the assay of this enzyme in the urine and serum of normal subjects and patients with cancer and other diseases. (deepdyve.com)
- Below are the list of possible Leucine aminopeptidase products. (mybiosource.com)
- Also known as Leucine aminopeptidase 2 (Leucyl aminopeptidase 2) (LAP2). (mybiosource.com)
- Also known as Leucine aminopeptidase 3, chloroplastic (Leucyl aminopeptidase 3) (AtLAP3) (Proline aminopeptidase 3) (Prolyl aminopeptidase 3). (mybiosource.com)
- Also known as Leucine aminopeptidase A (Leucyl aminopeptidase A) (LAPA). (mybiosource.com)
- Researchers studying a mouse model of neurofibromatosis 1 (NF1), a genetic condition that causes childhood brain tumors, have found their second new drug target in a year, a protein called methionine aminopeptidase-2 (MetAP2). (rxpgnews.com)
- The molecular target of fumagillin is methionine aminopeptidase-2 (MetAP-2). (sciencemag.org)
- Although originally developed as anti-cancer agents, methionine aminopeptidase (MetAP2) inhibitors induce significant and sustained weight reduction. (dovepress.com)
- One important aminopeptidase is a zinc-dependent enzyme produced and secreted by glands of the small intestine. (wikipedia.org)
- A mutant aminopeptidase lacking the catalytic site of the enzyme did not bind HCV-229E or RBS and did not render murine cells susceptible to HCV-229E infection, suggesting that the virus-binding site may lie at or near the active site of the human aminopeptidase molecule. (nature.com)
- Aminopeptidase Y ( EC 220.127.116.11 , aminopeptidase Co , aminopeptidase (cobalt-activated) , lysyl aminopeptidase ) is an enzyme . (wn.com)
- Aminopeptidase S ( EC 18.104.22.168 , Mername-AA022 peptidase , SGAP , aminopeptidase (Streptomyces griseus) , Streptomyces griseus aminopeptidase , S. griseus AP , double-zinc aminopeptidase ) is an enzyme . (wn.com)
- Puromycin-sensitive aminopeptidase (PSA) is the only cytosolic enzyme able to digest polyQ sequences. (harvard.edu)
- Aminopeptidase A (APA) is an enzyme that hydrolyzes the N-terminal amino acid of peptides and expressed in both periphery and brain. (hindawi.com)
- ER aminopeptidase 1 (ERAP1) is an intracellular enzyme that trims peptides as part of the system that generates peptides for binding to MHC class I molecules (MHC-I). We hypothesized that pharmacological inhibition of ERAP1 in cells could regulate the cellular immunopeptidome. (medworm.com)
- A counter screen against glutamyl aminopeptidase (ENPEP), an enzyme with substrate specificity similar to that of DNPEP, identified eight DNPEP-selective inhibitors. (aspetjournals.org)
- In this work, we report the structure of insulin-regulated aminopeptidase, an enzyme that prepares antigenic epitopes for cross-presentation in dendritic cells, in complex with an antigenic peptide precursor analog. (jimmunol.org)
- This review summarized recent insights into the predominant role of brain AngIII in the central control of BP underlining the fact that brain aminopeptidase A (APA), the enzyme forming central AngIII, could constitute a putative central therapeutic target for the treatment of hypertension. (inserm.fr)
- The enzyme was identified by peptide mass fingerprinting as the putative aminopeptidase II of B. burgdorferi , encoded by the gene BB0069. (asm.org)
- Here these discrepant findings are addressed by reinvestigation of the vascularization of rat remnant kidneys by the use of two novel endothelial lineage specific, discriminatory markers, i.e. , the membrane mucoprotein podoplanin with specificity for lymphatic endothelia, and the glycosyl-phosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored membrane enzyme aminopeptidase P that is recognized by a monoclonal antibody designated JG12 and that is specifically expressed by endothelial cells of blood vessels only. (asnjournals.org)
- Here we extend preliminary reports by identification of its antigen as the endothelial membrane enzyme aminopeptidase P. (asnjournals.org)
- When titrated with an antiserum to aminopeptidase N (EC 22.214.171.124), synaptic membranes solubilized with Triton X-100 revealed that this enzyme apparently comprises no more than 5% of the activity releasing tyrosine from [Leu]enkephalin. (biochemj.org)
- The activity of solubilized membranes was more sensitive (IC50 = 1.6 × 10(−5) M) than that of the pure enzyme or the Triton X-114-rich phase (IC50 = 4 × 10(−4) M). We suggest that the puromycin-sensitive aminopeptidase activity that predominates in crude synaptic membrane preparations may be a cytosolic contaminant or peripheral membrane protein rather than an integral membrane component. (biochemj.org)
- The X-ray crystal structure of Pf A-M1 alone and in complex with the generic inhibitor, bestatin, and a phosphinate dipeptide analogue with potent in vitro and in vivo antimalarial activity, hPheP[CH 2 ]Phe, reveals features within the protease active site that are critical to its function as an aminopeptidase and can be exploited for drug development. (pnas.org)
- We have demonstrated that the aminopeptidase inhibitor bestatin, an antibiotic and natural analogue of the dipeptide Phe-Leu derived from the fungus Streptomyces olivoretticul , prevents P. falciparum malaria growth in culture ( 13 , , 14 ). (pnas.org)
- Induction of wound response genes in tomato leaves by bestatin, an inhibitor of aminopeptidases. (plantcell.org)
- We hypothesized that addition of tosedostat, an aminopeptidase inhibitor, to intensive chemotherapy may improve outcome in this population. (eur.nl)
- Abstract B6: Aminopeptidase N-activated prodrug melphalan-flufenamide (J1) inhibits angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo. (aacrjournals.org)
- Aminopeptidases are enzymes that catalyze the cleavage of amino acids from the amino terminus (N-terminus) of proteins or peptides (exopeptidases).They are widely distributed throughout the animal and plant kingdoms and are found in many subcellular organelles, in cytosol, and as membrane components. (wikipedia.org)
- In the small intestine aminopeptidase N plays a role in the final digestion of peptides generated from hydrolysis of proteins by gastric and pancreatic proteases. (nih.gov)
- Broad specificity aminopeptidase which plays a role in the final digestion of peptides generated from hydrolysis of proteins by gastric and pancreatic proteases. (rcsb.org)
- Aminopeptidase with broad substrate specificity to several peptides. (uniprot.org)
- Aminopeptidases are enzymes that catalyze the cleavage of amino acids from the amino terminus (N-terminus) of proteins or peptides . (wn.com)
- We offer Aminopeptidase P2/XPNPEP2 Peptides and Aminopeptidase P2/XPNPEP2 Proteins for use in common research applications: Blocking/Neutralizing, Control. (novusbio.com)
- Our Aminopeptidase P2/XPNPEP2 Peptides and Aminopeptidase P2/XPNPEP2 Proteins can be used in a variety of model species: Human. (novusbio.com)
- Choose from our Aminopeptidase P2/XPNPEP2 Peptides and Proteins. (novusbio.com)
- Aminopeptidase A (APA) cleaves angiotensin (Ang) II, kallidin, and other related peptides. (hindawi.com)
- An IFN-gamma-induced aminopeptidase in the ER, ERAP1, trims precursors to MHC class I-presented peptides. (umassmed.edu)
- In this study, using mass spectrometry, we determined the amino acid sequences of a large number of naturally processed peptides in mice lacking the endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase associated with Ag processing (ERAAP). (jimmunol.org)
- Aminopeptidases that generate antigenic peptides influence immunodominance and adaptive cytotoxic immune responses. (jimmunol.org)
- Extracellular aminopeptidase that releases a wide variety of amino acids from natural peptides and contributes to pathogenicity. (mybiosource.com)
- Shastri, N. In the absence of aminopeptidase ERAAP, MHC class I molecules present many unstable and highly immunogenic peptides. (eurekaselect.com)
- Rock, K.L. Endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase 1 (ERAP1) trims MHC class I-presented peptides in vivo and plays an important role in immunodominance. (eurekaselect.com)
- 2. Papakyriakou A, Zervoudi E, Theodorakis EA, Saveanu L, Stratikos E, Vourloumis D. (2013) Novel selective inhibitors of aminopeptidases that generate antigenic peptides. (guidetopharmacology.org)
- Sequence comparisons with known enzymes of this class showed that CD13 and aminopeptidase N are identical. (nih.gov)
- In its recently added report titled, ' Aminopeptidase N (Myeloid Plasma Membrane Glycoprotein CD13 or Alanyl Aminopeptidase or Aminopeptidase M or Microsomal Aminopeptidase or gp150 or CD13 or ANPEP or EC 126.96.36.199) - Pipeline Review , H1 2018', Market Research Hub ( MRH ) provides significant insights on the impact of recent trends and developments on the growth of the market. (wn.com)
- Our Aminopeptidase N/CD13 Antibodies can be used in a variety of model species: Bovine, Human, Mouse, Primate. (novusbio.com)
- Choose from our Aminopeptidase N/CD13 polyclonal antibodies and browse our Aminopeptidase N/CD13 monoclonal antibody catalog. (novusbio.com)
- Aminopeptidase N/CD13 Monoclonal antibody specifically detects Aminopeptidase N/CD13 in Human samples. (fishersci.com)
- CD13 is identical to aminopeptidase N (APN), a prominent membrane-bound metalloprotease present on the surface of intestinal brush border and renal tubules. (fishersci.com)
- We previously established a novel murine monoclonal antibody(MH8-11) that recognized aminopeptidase N (APN)/cluster of differentiation antigen 13 (CD13). (aacrjournals.org)
- CD13/aminopeptidase N (APN), which is a zinc-dependent metalloproteinase, plays a vital role in the growth, migration, angiogenesis, and metastasis of tumours. (rsc.org)
- Aminopeptidase N (APN)/CD13 as ubiquitously expressed membrane peptidase exerts important functions in diverse cellular processes, such as proliferation, migration and differentiation. (uzh.ch)
- Aminopeptidase N, also known as CD13, has important roles in tumor metastasis and angiogenesis. (aacrjournals.org)
- However, the clinical significance of circulating aminopeptidase N/CD13 in patients with solid tumors is unknown. (aacrjournals.org)
- We previously developed an aminopeptidase N/CD13-specific monoclonal antibody (mAb) MH8-11, which inhibits cell motility and angiogenesis in vitro . (aacrjournals.org)
- The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical significance of circulating aminopeptidase N/CD13 protein detected by mAb MH8-11 in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). (aacrjournals.org)
- We used electrochemiluminescence immunoassay with mAb MH8-11 to determine circulating aminopeptidase N/CD13 levels in 90 healthy volunteers and 90 patients with NSCLC. (aacrjournals.org)
- Circulating aminopeptidase N/CD13 levels were measured in sera taken before treatment and evaluated for a relationship with clinical outcomes. (aacrjournals.org)
- A significant correlation was found between tumor progression and serum aminopeptidase N/CD13 concentrations ( r = 0.23, P = 0.029). (aacrjournals.org)
- High serum aminopeptidase N/CD13 levels ( n = 17) were associated with advanced stage ( P = 0.004) or poor performance status ( P = 0.001). (aacrjournals.org)
- Our data suggest that a high level of circulating aminopeptidase N/CD13 at diagnosis is an independent prognostic factor in patients with NSCLC. (aacrjournals.org)
- Aminopeptidase N is identical to the myeloid differentiation antigen cluster of differentiation 13 (CD13). (aacrjournals.org)
- Aminopeptidase N/CD13 is expressed in various cells outside the hematopoietic system, including epithelial cells of the intestine and kidney, synaptic membranes of the central nervous system, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, and tumor cells ( 4 , 5 ). (aacrjournals.org)
- Aminopeptidase N/CD13 has been reported to play important roles in tumor cell invasion ( 6 , 7 ) and tumor angiogenesis ( 8 , 9 ). (aacrjournals.org)
- We previously developed an aminopeptidase N/CD13-specific monoclonal antibody (mAb) MH8-11. (aacrjournals.org)
- In patients with resected colon or pancreatic cancer, aminopeptidase N/CD13 expression determined by immunohistochemical assay with mAb MH8-11 has been reported as an independent prognostic factor ( 10 , 11 ). (aacrjournals.org)
- Aminopeptidase N/CD13 activity has been found to be elevated in the plasma of cancer patients and was associated with tumor load ( 12 - 14 ). (aacrjournals.org)
- The tumor environment may be an important source of circulating aminopeptidase N/CD13. (aacrjournals.org)
- In this report, we investigated circulating aminopeptidase N/CD13 protein concentrations detected by functional mAb MH8-11 and evaluated its clinical significance in patients with NSCLC. (aacrjournals.org)
- Identification and characterization of novel inhibitors of Mammalian aspartyl aminopeptidase. (nih.gov)
- Clinical impact of aspartyl aminopeptidase expression and activity in colorectal cancer. (nih.gov)
- Structure of human aspartyl aminopeptidase complexed with substrate analogue: insight into catalytic mechanism, substrate specificity and M18 peptidase family. (nih.gov)
- Identification of histidine residues important in the catalysis and structure of aspartyl aminopeptidase. (nih.gov)
- Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Aspartyl Aminopeptidase aa 279-396. (abcam.com)
- MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) cells stained for Aspartyl Aminopeptidase (Green) using ab239031 at 1/200 dilution in ICC/IF, followed by an Alexa-Fluor ® 488-conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) secondary antibody. (abcam.com)
- Computer model showing the structure of the M18 aspartyl aminopeptidase with a dodecameric assembly arranged via dimer and trimer units forming a tetrahedron shape. (sciencephoto.com)
- Zusätzlich bieten wir Ihnen Aspartyl Aminopeptidase Antikörper (49) und Aspartyl Aminopeptidase Kits (3) und viele weitere Produktgruppen zu diesem Protein an. (antikoerper-online.de)
- Recombinant protein encompassing a sequence within the center region of human Aspartyl aminopeptidase. (genetex.com)
- Aspartyl aminopeptidase antibody [N1N3] detects Aspartyl aminopeptidase protein at cytoplasm on human colon carcinoma by immunohistochemical analysis. (genetex.com)
- Aspartyl aminopeptidase (DNPEP) has been implicated in the control of angiotensin signaling and endosome trafficking, but its precise biologic roles remain incompletely defined. (aspetjournals.org)
- Serum cystine aminopeptidase and the normal weight baby in normotensive and hypertensive pregnancy. (biomedsearch.com)
- The levels of serum cystine aminopeptidase have been studied serially in normotensive and hypertensive mothers who delivered healthy, normal weight-for-dates babies. (biomedsearch.com)
- Serum cystyl aminopeptidase activity in the 36th week of pregnancy. (bmj.com)
- Serum cystyl aminopeptidase (CAS) activity was estimated at 36 weeks' gestation in 209 normotensive pregnancies. (bmj.com)
- I investigated clinical significance of serum cytosolic aminopeptidase(C-AP) as an early parameters for viral infection. (nii.ac.jp)
- The protein encoded by this gene is an aminopeptidase which prefers acidic amino acids, and specifically favors aspartic acid over glutamic acid. (nih.gov)
- Each Aminopeptidase P2/XPNPEP2 Peptide and Aminopeptidase P2/XPNPEP2 Protein is fully covered by our Guarantee+, to give you complete peace of mind and the support when you need it. (novusbio.com)
- IRAP (Secreted Insulin Regulated AminoPeptidase) is a protein which collocalizes and is translocated with GLUT4 to the plasma membrane in response to insulin. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Zusätzlich bieten wir Ihnen X-Prolyl Aminopeptidase (Aminopeptidase P) 1, Soluble Proteine (8) und viele weitere Produktgruppen zu diesem Protein an. (antikoerper-online.de)
- About half of the aminopeptidase activity in the detergent-rich phase could now be titrated with the antiserum, showing that aminopeptidase N is an integral membrane protein of this preparation. (biochemj.org)
- A monoclonal antibody, RBS, blocked HCV-229E virus infection of human lung fibroblasts, immunoprecipitated aminopeptidase N and inhibited its enzymatic activity. (nature.com)
- HCV-229E-resistant murine fibroblasts became susceptible after transfection with complementary DNA encoding human aminopeptidase N. By contrast, infection of human cells with HCV-OC43 was not inhibited by antibody RBS and expression of aminopeptidase N did not enhance HCV-OC43 replication in mouse cells. (nature.com)
- PVDF membrane was probed with 2 µg/mL of Mouse Anti-Human/Mouse Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB2334) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Mouse IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF007 ). (rndsystems.com)
- A specific band was detected for Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1 at approximately 114 kDa (as indicated) using 20 µg/mL of Mouse Anti-Human/Mouse Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB2334). (rndsystems.com)
- cDNA sequences are available for several aminopeptidases and a crystal structure of the open state of human endoplasmic reticulum Aminopeptidase 1 ERAP1 is presented here. (wikipedia.org)
- The ER aminopeptidase ERAP1 enhances or limits antigen presentation by trimming epitopes to 8-9 residues. (umassmed.edu)
- van Endert, P.M. Concerted peptide trimming by human ERAP1 and ERAP2 aminopeptidase complexes in the endoplasmic reticulum. (eurekaselect.com)
- Endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase 1 (ERAP1) degrades angiotensin II (ANGII). (jci.org)
- Monoclonal antibodies to dipeptidyl aminopeptidase IV (DAP IV, EC 188.8.131.52) were raised and selectively applied to paraffin-embedded sections of thyroid carcinoma. (wiley.com)
- With antibodies to rat podoplanin and aminopeptidase P at hand, we address here the issue of vascularization of renal cortex in the rat remnant kidney model of progressive cortical fibrosis and renal failure. (asnjournals.org)
- Aminopeptidase [alpha-aminoacylpeptide hydrolase (microsomal), EC 184.108.40.206] was found only in the apical face whereas Na+, K+-ATPase (ATP phosphohydrolase, EC 220.127.116.11) was found in the basolateral faces. (pnas.org)
- It has been proposed that the insulin-regulated aminopeptidase (IRAP) is the main target of Ang IV. (hindawi.com)
- It has been suggested that the insulin-regulated aminopeptidase (IRAP) is the major target for Ang IV in the brain, and we therefore discuss in more detail recent progress in the discovery of inhibitors of IRAP. (hindawi.com)
- The soluble domain of IRAP carries the aminopeptidase enzymatic activity and is highly homologous to two other intracellular aminopeptidases that are important for Ag processing, namely endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase (ERAP)1 and ERAP2. (jimmunol.org)
- Methionine aminopeptidases and designated peptidase M proteins belong to the M24 family of proteins. (prospecbio.com)
- Both 125 I-Cry1Ac and 125 I-QNR-AAA bound to 210- and 120-kDa proteins from M. sexta brush border membrane vesicles and purified 120-kDa aminopeptidase N on ligand blots. (asm.org)
- In addition to cadherin-like proteins, aminopeptidases and glycoconjugates have been identified as binding molecules that in some cases serve as receptors for B. thuringiensis Cry1 proteins in lepidopteran species (reviewed in reference 7 ). (asm.org)
- Publications] Azuma Y., Maekawa M., Kubo M. Kanno T.: 'Two cases of cytosol aminopeptidase immunoglobulin complexes' Clin. (nii.ac.jp)
- Cloning, expression, and characterization of a methionyl aminopeptidase from a hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus sp. (uniprot.org)
- Proteolytic cleavage by glutamyl aminopeptidase A (AP-A) and membrane alanyl aminopeptidase N (AP-N), for example, results in the sequential removal of single amino acid residues from the N-terminal end of the peptide, to form Ang III (Ang II(2-8)) and Ang IV (Ang II(3-8)), respectively [ 6 ]. (hindawi.com)
- Aminopeptidases represent a group of enzymes displaying key cellular function inphysiological and pathological mechanisms. (archives-ouvertes.fr)
- Here, we show that one of these enzymes is a self-compartmentalizing tetrameric aminopeptidase with a preference for cysteine and hydrophobic residues at the N terminus of the hydrolyzed peptide. (darkenergybiosphere.org)
- Endoplasmic Reticulum aminopeptidase 1 and 2 are two homologous enzymes that help generate peptide ligands for presentation by Major Histocompatibility Class I molecules. (eurekaselect.com)
- Rich, D. H.. Moon, B. J. and Harbeson, S.: Inhibition of Aminopeptidases by Amastatin and Bestatin Derivates. (springer.com)
- This gene encodes a zinc-dependent aminopeptidase (metalloexopeptidase) that cleaves vasopressin, oxytocin, lys-bradykinin, met-enkephalin, dynorphin A and other peptide hormones. (wikipedia.org)
- We characterize the structure and substrate specificity of one such aminopeptidase, Pf A-M1, a validated drug target. (pnas.org)
- Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) corresponding to Human Aminopeptidase A. (abcam.com)
- This trimming is performed by specialized intracellular aminopeptidases that generate or destroy MHCI peptide ligands and can therefore influence the generation of cytotoxic responses. (jimmunol.org)
- The three aminopeptidases have been recently classified under the oxytocinase subfamily of M1 aminopeptidases and characterized to be primarily responsible for antigenic peptide N-terminal trimming in the cell ( 8 ). (jimmunol.org)
- In direct ELISAs, 100% cross-reactivity with recombinant mouse Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1 is observed. (rndsystems.com)
- Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human kidney tissue labeling Aminopeptidase A with ab155991 at 1/100 dilution. (abcam.com)
- Although amastatin was the most potent (IC50 = 5 × 10(−7) M) it failed to discriminate between pure kidney aminopeptidase N, the total activity of solubilized synaptic membranes and that in the Triton X-114-rich phase. (biochemj.org)
- Leucyl Aminopeptidase" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus, MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) . (umassmed.edu)
- This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Leucyl Aminopeptidase" by people in this website by year, and whether "Leucyl Aminopeptidase" was a major or minor topic of these publications. (umassmed.edu)
- Below are the most recent publications written about "Leucyl Aminopeptidase" by people in Profiles. (umassmed.edu)
- Previous studies have pinpointed the M17 leucyl aminopeptidase of Plasmodium falciparum (PfLAP) as a target for the development of new antimalarials. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Protease activity associated with whole cells of Vibrio fischeri strain ES114 was identified as the product of a putative cell membrane-associated aminopeptidase (PepN). (calpoly.edu)
- Initial steady-state kinetic studies revealed that the aminopeptidase has broad activity, with a preference for basic and hydrophobic side chains and k cat and K m values that are lower and smaller, respectively, than those of Escherichia coli PepN. (calpoly.edu)
- Your search returned 89 aminopeptidase A ELISA ELISA Kit across 4 suppliers. (biocompare.com)
- The present invention relates to isolated polypeptides having aminopeptidase activity and isolated nucleic acid sequences encoding the polypeptides. (google.com)
- i.e. , the aminopeptidase A activity was lower than that of aminopeptidase B. Normal cells derived from kidneys showed the kidney-type pattern of aminopeptidases A and B on the surface of cells, whereas tumor cells from various origins were of another organ type. (aacrjournals.org)
- When cultured mouse fibroblast strain C3H2K and rat fibroblast strain 3Y1 cells were transformed by SV40 or by a ts A mutant and maintained at permissive temperature, aminopeptidase A activity was drastically decreased, and the ratio of aminopeptidase A to aminopeptidase B was reduced to the levels of tumor cells. (aacrjournals.org)
- The activity of this thermophilic aminopeptidase of B. burgdorferi (TAP Bb ) depends on Zn 2+ , and temperatures over 70°C promoted its inactivation through a transition from the hexameric state to the monomeric state. (asm.org)
- Aminopeptidase activity, endopeptidase-24.11 and peptidyl dipeptidase A partitioned predominantly into the detergent-rich phase when kidney microvillar membranes were so treated. (biochemj.org)
- However, only 5.5% of synaptic membrane aminopeptidase activity partitioned into this phase, although the other peptidases behaved predictably. (biochemj.org)
- Prolyl Aminopeptidase from Streptomyces thermoluteus subsp. (asm.org)
- Detects human Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1 in direct ELISAs and Western blots. (rndsystems.com)
- Human aminopeptidase N is a receptor for one strain of human coronavirus that is an important cause of upper respiratory tract infections. (nih.gov)
- Here we report that human aminopeptidase N, a cell-surface metalloprotease on intestinal, lung and kidney epithelial cells 2-5 , is a receptor for human coronavirus strain HCV-229E, but not for HCV-OC43. (nature.com)
- Detection of Human Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1 by Western Blot. (rndsystems.com)
- Detection of Human Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1 by Simple Western TM . (rndsystems.com)