Diabetes Mellitus, Experimental
Islets of Langerhans
Irregular microscopic structures consisting of cords of endocrine cells that are scattered throughout the PANCREAS among the exocrine acini. Each islet is surrounded by connective tissue fibers and penetrated by a network of capillaries. There are four major cell types. The most abundant beta cells (50-80%) secrete INSULIN. Alpha cells (5-20%) secrete GLUCAGON. PP cells (10-35%) secrete PANCREATIC POLYPEPTIDE. Delta cells (~5%) secrete SOMATOSTATIN.
Messages between computer users via COMPUTER COMMUNICATION NETWORKS. This feature duplicates most of the features of paper mail, such as forwarding, multiple copies, and attachments of images and other file types, but with a speed advantage. The term also refers to an individual message sent in this way.
INFLAMMATION of the PANCREAS. Pancreatitis is classified as acute unless there are computed tomographic or endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatographic findings of CHRONIC PANCREATITIS (International Symposium on Acute Pancreatitis, Atlanta, 1992). The two most common forms of acute pancreatitis are ALCOHOLIC PANCREATITIS and gallstone pancreatitis.
A nodular organ in the ABDOMEN that contains a mixture of ENDOCRINE GLANDS and EXOCRINE GLANDS. The small endocrine portion consists of the ISLETS OF LANGERHANS secreting a number of hormones into the blood stream. The large exocrine portion (EXOCRINE PANCREAS) is a compound acinar gland that secretes several digestive enzymes into the pancreatic ductal system that empties into the DUODENUM.
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
A subtype of DIABETES MELLITUS that is characterized by INSULIN deficiency. It is manifested by the sudden onset of severe HYPERGLYCEMIA, rapid progression to DIABETIC KETOACIDOSIS, and DEATH unless treated with insulin. The disease may occur at any age, but is most common in childhood or adolescence.
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
A subclass of DIABETES MELLITUS that is not INSULIN-responsive or dependent (NIDDM). It is characterized initially by INSULIN RESISTANCE and HYPERINSULINEMIA; and eventually by GLUCOSE INTOLERANCE; HYPERGLYCEMIA; and overt diabetes. Type II diabetes mellitus is no longer considered a disease exclusively found in adults. Patients seldom develop KETOSIS but often exhibit OBESITY.
Spectroscopy, Fourier Transform Infrared
The application of scientific knowledge or technology to pharmacy and the pharmaceutical industry. It includes methods, techniques, and instrumentation in the manufacture, preparation, compounding, dispensing, packaging, and storing of drugs and other preparations used in diagnostic and determinative procedures, and in the treatment of patients.
Accelerated intimal hyperplasia and increased endogenous inhibitors for NO synthesis in rabbits with alloxan-induced hyperglycaemia. (1/243)1. We examined whether endogenous inhibitors of NO synthesis are involved in the augmentation of intimal hyperplasia in rabbits with hyperglycaemia induced by alloxan. 2. Four weeks after the endothelial denudation of carotid artery which had been performed 12 weeks after alloxan, the intimal hyperplasia was greatly augmented with hyperglycaemia. The degree of hyperplasia was assessed using three different parameters of histopathological findings as well as changes in luminal area and intima: media ratio. 3. There were positive and significant correlations between intima:media ratio, plasma glucose, and concentrations of N(G)-monomethyl-L-arginine (L-NMMA) and N(G), N(G)-dimethyl-L-arginine (ADMA) in endothelial cells, that is, the intima:media ratio became greater as plasma glucose and endothelial L-NMMA and ADMA were increased. Furthermore, endothelial L-NMMA and ADMA were increased in proportion to the increase in plasma glucose. 4. In contrast, there were inverse and significant correlations between cyclic GMP production by carotid artery strips with endothelium and plasma glucose, between cyclic GMP production and endothelial L-NMMA and ADMA, and between the intima:media ratio and cyclic GMP production. 5. Exogenously applied L-NMMA and ADMA inhibited cyclic GMP production in a concentration-dependent manner. IC50 values were determined to be 12.1 microM for the former and 26.2 microM for the latter. The cyclic GMP production was abolished after the deliberate removal of endothelium from the artery strips. 6. These results suggest that the augmentation of intimal hyperplasia with hyperglycaemia is closely related to increased accumulation of L-NMMA and ADMA with hyperglycaemia, which would result in an accelerated reduction in NO production/release by endothelial cells. (+info)
Alloxan in vivo does not only exert deleterious effects on pancreatic B cells. (2/243)The aim of the experiment was to investigate the mechanism of harmful alloxan action in vivo. 75 mg/kg b.w. of this diabetogenic agent were administered to fasting rats. Two minutes later the animals were decapitated. It was observed that alloxan caused a distinct rise in blood insulin and glucose levels with a concomitant drop of free fatty acids. The amount of sulfhydryl groups in the liver of alloxan-treated rats was decreased and glutathione peroxidase activity was substantially higher. These results indicate that some changes observed in alloxan-induced diabetes can not only be the consequence of B cells damage by alloxan but may also be the result of its direct influence on other tissues. It was also observed that glucose given 20 min before alloxan injection only partially protected against the deleterious effects of alloxan. (+info)
Intercalated duct cells in the chicken pancreatic islet with special reference to the alloxan administration. (3/243)The intercalated duct cells were observed in the A and B islets of the chicken pancreas. These cells adhered with each other by intercellular junctional complexes at the apical side. They had many microvilli projecting into the lumen. Abluminally, they displayed extended slender cytoplasmic processes between islet endocrine cells. Administration of alloxan resulted to denser cytoplasm and a more prominent thickening of cytoplasmic processes of the intercalated duct cells, although the blood glucose levels did not show appreciable changes by the treatment. The intercalated duct epithelial cells appeared clearly as stellate cells. The lysosomes increased in size and number with passage of time after alloxan administration. The present findings may suggest that intercalated ducts are not only anatomically important as a structure passing through the islet but also play physiologically by protecting the islet endocrine cells. (+info)
Reduced coronary NO production in conscious dogs after the development of alloxan-induced diabetes. (4/243)The role of nitric oxide (NO) in the control of coronary blood flow (CBF) during the development of diabetes is unknown. To study this, mongrel dogs were chronically instrumented using sterile techniques for measurements of systemic hemodynamics and CBF. With heart rate controlled (150 beats/min), veratrine (1-10 micrograms/kg) caused dose-dependent increases in CBF; e.g., 5 mirograms/kg of veratrine increased CBF by 57 +/- 7% from 41 +/- 1.3 ml/min (P < 0.05). The dogs developed diabetes 4-5 wk after injection of alloxan (40-60 mg/kg iv, blood glucose levels were 384 +/- 18 mg/dl). After diabetes the same doses of veratrine caused smaller increases in CBF; i.e., 5 micrograms/kg of veratrine increased CBF by 32 +/- 2% (P < 0.05 compared with control) from 28 +/- 4 ml/min. ACh- and adenosine-induced coronary vasodilation were reduced after diabetes as well. In anesthetized dogs after diabetes, vagal stimulation caused smaller increases in CBF. ACh and bradykinin caused smaller increases in NO(-)(2) production in coronary microvessels from diabetic dogs. Furthermore, despite the fact that mRNA for endothelial cell NO synthase from the aorta was increased twofold with the use of Northern blotting, the protein for aortic endothelial constitutive NO synthase was reduced by 66% after diabetes, as determined by Western blotting. Our results indicate that the NO-dependent coronary vasodilation by the Bezold-Jarisch reflex is impaired in conscious dogs after diabetes. The mechanism responsible for the impaired endothelium-dependent coronary vasodilation is most likely the decreased release of NO from the endothelium. (+info)
Supplementation of N-acetylcysteine inhibits NFkappaB activation and protects against alloxan-induced diabetes in CD-1 mice. (5/243)Reactive oxygen species (ROS) are involved in the destruction of pancreatic beta cells and the development of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM). However, the cellular mechanism responsible for beta cell death is still unclear. We hypothesize that activation of NFkappaB by ROS is the key cellular signal in initiating a cascade of events leading to beta cell death. Thus, enhancement of pancreatic GSH, a known antioxidant and key regulator of NF-kappaB, should protect against IDDM. Weanling CD1 mice (n=5) were injected with alloxan (50 mg/kg i.v.) to induce IDDM. Using EPR spin trapping techniques, we demonstrated that alloxan generated ROS in the pancreas 15 min after administration. Activation of NFkappaB in pancreatic nuclear extracts was observed 30 min after alloxan injection, as assessed by an electrophoretic mobility shift assay. Fasting blood glucose levels were monitored for 14 days. Supplementation with N-acetylcysteine (NAC, 500 mg/kg), a GSH precursor, inhibited alloxan-induced NFkappaB activation and reduced hyperglycemia. Thus, NFkappaB activation by ROS may initiate a sequence of events leading to IDDM. Inhibition of NF-kappaB activation by NAC attenuated the severity of IDDM. This research will contribute to the understanding of the etiology of IDDM and may lead to the development of better strategies for disease prevention. (+info)
Lipolysis induced by alloxan in rat adipocytes is not inhibited by insulin. (6/243)Isolated rat adipocytes were incubated with adrenaline, adrenaline plus insulin, alloxan or alloxan plus insulin. Glycerol release was taken as a measure of lipolysis. It was observed that alloxan in the concentration of 3, 10 and 20 mmol/l intensifies lipolysis in adipocytes in the absence of adrenaline. Insulin (10(-6) mol/l) treatment of cells did not inhibit lipolysis caused by this compound, but significantly restricted lipolysis induced by adrenaline (10(-6) mol/l). It was also shown that alloxan in the concentration of 3 and 10 mmol/l intensified lipolysis stimulated by adrenaline (10(-6) mol/l). Addition of 20 mmol/l of alloxan strongly inhibited glycerol release in the presence of adrenaline. The results presented here clearly indicate that the action of alloxan concerns cells of the white adipose tissue. (+info)
Resistance of ALR/Lt islets to free radical-mediated diabetogenic stress is inherited as a dominant trait. (7/243)ALS/Lt and ALR/Lt are inbred mouse strains selected for susceptibility and resistance to alloxan (AL)-induced diabetes. Within 24-h after AL administration in vivo, ALS/Lt islets were distinguished from ALR/Lt islets by more extensive necrotic changes. Within 7 days post-AL, ALS/Lt mice exhibited hyperglycemia and hypoinsulinemia, whereas ALR/Lt mice maintained normal plasma insulin and glucose levels. We have recently shown that resistance in ALR/Lt correlated with constitutively elevated systemic (and pancreatic) free radical defense status. In the present report, we examined whether ability to detoxify free radical stress extended to the level of ALR/Lt pancreatic islets. Cultured ALS/Lt islets exposed for 5 min to increasing (0-3 mmol/l) AL concentrations in vitro exhibited an 80% decline in numbers of intact islets after a subsequent 6-day culture period, as well as a 75% reduction in islet insulin content and a 94% decrease in glucose-stimulated insulin secretory capacity. In contrast, ALR/Lt islets remained viable and retained glucose-stimulated insulin secretory capacity as well as normal insulin content. This ALR/Lt islet resistance extended to hydrogen peroxide, a free radical generator whose entry into beta-cells is not dependent on glucose transporters. The elevated antioxidant defenses previously found in ALR/Lt pancreas were extended to isolated islets, which exhibited significantly higher glutathione and Cu-Zn superoxide dismutase 1 levels compared with ALS/Lt islets. A dominant genetic trait from ALR/Lt controlling this unusual AL resistance was indicated by the finding that reciprocal F1 mice of both sexes were resistant to AL administration in vivo. A backcross to ALS/Lt showed 1:1 segregation for susceptibility/resistance, indicative of a single gene controlling the phenotype. In conclusion, the ALR/Lt mouse may provide important insight into genetic mechanisms capable of rendering islets strongly resistant to free radical-mediated damage. (+info)
Protective mechanism of glucose against alloxan-induced beta-cell damage: pivotal role of ATP. (8/243)Glucose prevents the development of diabetes induced by alloxan. In the present study, the protective mechanism of glucose against alloxan-induced beta-cell damage was investigated using HIT-T 15 cell, a Syrian hamster transformed beta-cell line. Alloxan caused beta-cell damages with DNA fragmentation, inhibition of glucose-stimulated insulin release, and decrease of cellular ATP level, but all of these beta-cell damages by alloxan were prevented by the presence of 20 mM glucose. Oligomycin, a specific inhibitor of ATP synthase, completely abolished the protective effects of glucose against alloxan-induced cell damage. Furthermore, treatment of nuclei isolated from HIT-T15 cells with ATP significantly prevented the DNA fragmentation induced by Ca2+. The results indicate that ATP produced during glucose metabolism plays a pivotal role in the protection of glucose against alloxan-induced beta-cell damage. (+info)
Superoxide dismutase-inhibitible reduction of cytochrome c by the alloxan radical. Implications for alloxan cytotoxicity |...
Cytochrome c was reduced when superoxide was generated from xanthine oxidase in the presence of alloxan, and by the reaction of alloxan and with reduced glutathione. In each case, most of the reduction was inhibited by superoxide dismutase, but considerably more enzyme was required than with superoxide alone. This indicates that the superoxide dismutase-inhibitible cytochrome c reduction was mainly due to a direct reaction with the alloxan radical, and implies that other reactions that are inhibited by superoxide dismutase could be due to either alloxan radicals or superoxide.. ...
Effects of Diabetes Mellitus Induced by Alloxan on the Pharmacokinetics of Metformin in Rats: Restoration of Pharmacokinetic...
Effects of Diabetes Mellitus Induced by Alloxan on the Pharmacokinetics of Metformin in Rats: Restoration of Pharmacokinetic Parameters to the Control State by Insulin Treatment
Activation of a novel non-selective cation channel by alloxan and H2O2 in the rat insulin-secreting cell line CRI-G1<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Activation of a novel non-selective cation channel by alloxan and H2O2 in the rat insulin-secreting cell line CRI-G1. AU - Herson, P. S.. AU - Ashford, M. L.. PY - 1997/5/15. Y1 - 1997/5/15. N2 - 1. Alloxan and its auto-oxidation product hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) irreversibly depolarize insulinoma cells by opening a non-selective cation channel. The channel opened is characterized by a linear current-voltage relation with a conductance of approximately 70 pS and very slow kinetics (of the order of seconds). 2. Cells are protected against the alloxan-induced channel opening and consequent cell depolarization by the presence of H2O2 and hydroxyl radical scavengers. 3. The free radical-activated non-selective cation channel is not operative in isolated patches but can be activated by the application of beta-NAD+ to the cytoplasmic aspect of the membrane.. AB - 1. Alloxan and its auto-oxidation product hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) irreversibly depolarize insulinoma cells by opening a ...
THE EFFECT OF INSULIN, ALLOXAN DIABETES, AND ANOXIA ON THE ULTRASTRUCTURE OF THE RAT HEART | Journal of Cell Biology |...
Hearts from normal and alloxan diabetic rats were perfused in vitro with a bicarbonate-buffered medium containing glucose. Transport of glucose through the cell membrane was stimulated with insulin or by induction of anaerobiosis. The organs were rapidly fixed and examined by electron microscopy. Transport stimulation was not associated with any increase in the number of sarcolemmal invaginations or subsarcolemmal cytoplasmic vesicles. It was concluded that glucose transport and the effects of insulin or anoxia do not involve pinocytosis. The relationship of pinocytosis to glucose transport is discussed. The appearance of numerous lipid inclusions at the Z line level of the sarcomeres in the diabetic and anoxic myocardia is described. ...
Alloxan Monohydrate Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters, Dealers in Sangli, India
Get Information of Alloxan Monohydrate Manufacturers, Suppliers, Dealers, Exporters, Traders, Producers, Wholesalers, Alloxan Monohydrate Companies in Sangli, India
Postoperative changes in the lipid content of the liver, placenta and embryo of normal, alloxan diabetic and insulin-treated...
Semantic Scholar extracted view of [Postoperative changes in the lipid content of the liver, placenta and embryo of normal, alloxan diabetic and insulin-treated rats]. by W Haude et al.
Fatty acid composition and lipid peroxidation in brain microsomes of albino rats with alloxan diabetes
Abstract: Fatty acid composition and lipid peroxidation in rat brain microsomes were studied under conditions of alloxan diabetes. The data obtained indicate significant differences in the content of unsaturated fatty acids and also a slight activation of lipid peroxidation in the pathological state studied ...
Internet Scientific Publications
The present work has detected the antidiabetic effect of the MLE in alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Alloxan causes a massive reduction in insulin release, by the destruction of the beta cells of the islets of Langerhans and inducing hyperglycemia . MLE lowered the blood glucose levels in normal rats within and in glucose loaded animals, in which the pancreatic cells are still fully intact. Hydroethanolic extract of the drug might be able to stimulate insulin secretion in normal rats, as did glibenclamide. Thus the results obtained show that oral administration of MLE produces a significant decrease in blood glucose levels in alloxan diabetic rats on both acute and long term administration. In contrast, the significant increase in plasma glucose levels of untreated diabetic rats may be due to progressive severity of untreated diabetes. The most common lipid abnormalities in diabetes are hypertriglyceridemia and hypercholesterolemia . Hypertriglyceridemia is also associated in metabolic ...
IJPBS Article- DIFFERENTIAL EFFECTS OF ALLOXAN ON DIFFERENT BLOOD PARAMETERS IN DIABETEC INDUCED MALE WISTAR RATS
Archives issue of International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences which aims to cover the latest outstanding developments in the field of pharmaceutical and biological sciences
Hypoglycemic Activity And Regeneration Of Pancreatic Beta-cells Produced By Allium Cepa In Alloxan-induced Diabetic Rats
Background: Diabetes mellitus is a chronic disease caused by inherited and/or acquired deficiency in production of insulin by the pancreas, or by ineffectivene...
The use of alloxan and streptozotocin in experimental diabetes models / Deneysel Diyabet Modellerinde Alloksan ve...
Free Online Library: The use of alloxan and streptozotocin in experimental diabetes models by Turkish Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism; Health, general Diabetes Diabetes mellitus Pyrimidines Streptozocin
The mechanism of alloxan and streptozotocin action in B cells of the rat pancreas.
Abstract Alloxan and streptozotocin are widely used to induce experimental diabetes in animals. The mechanism of their action in B cells of the pancreas has been intensively invest..
Blog of Pure Puer Tea » Oral administration of puerh tea polysaccharides lowers blood glucose levels and enhances antioxidant...
J Food Sci. 2012 Nov;77(11):H246-52. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-3841.2012.02950.x. Epub 2012 Oct 11.. Oral administration of puerh tea polysaccharides lowers blood glucose levels and enhances antioxidant status in alloxan-induced diabetic mice.. By Xu P, Chen H, Wang Y, Hochstetter D, Zhou T, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Author information. Department of Tea Science, Zhejiang University, 866 Yuhangtang Rd., Hangzhou 310058, China.. Abstract. The polysaccharides, named puerh tea polysaccharides (PTPS), were isolated from puerh tea. Physicochemical characteristics, hypoglycemic and antioxidant effects of PTPS in alloxan-induced diabetic mice were investigated. PTPS was found to be a kind of acid heteropolysaccharides conjugate, but the physicochemical characteristics of which were different from the polysaccharides from other kinds of teas in literature. Meanwhile, daily administration of PTPS (40 mg/kg BW) could significantly lower the blood glucose levels, which was not different (P , 0.05) from the effects ...
Apitherapy News: Propolis May Protect Against Damage Caused by Diabetes
Administration of propolis to diabetic mice resulted in a significant increase of body weight, haematological and immunological parameters of blood as well as 100% survival of diabetic mice. Alloxan-injected mice showed a marked increase in oxidative stress in liver and kidney homogenate, as determined by lipid peroxidation. Histopathological observation of the liver sections of alloxan-induced diabetic mice showed several lesions including cellular vacuolization, cytoplasmic eosinophilia and lymphocyte infiltrations, but with individual variability.Treatment of diabetic mice with propolis extracts results in decreased number of vacuolized cells and degree of vacuolization; propolis treatment improve the impairment of fatty acid metabolism in diabetes. Renal histology showed corpuscular, tubular and interstitial changes in alloxan-induced diabetic mice. Test components did not improve renal histopathology in diabetic mice ...
NEWBOULDIA LAEVIS LEAF FACILITATES INSULIN SECRETION, GLUCOSE UPTAKE AND PANCREATIC FUNCTION IN ALLOXAN-INDUCED HYPERGLYCAEMIA...
Abstract The antihyperglycaemic activity of aqueous leaf extract of Newbouldia laevis (ALENL) was evaluated in rats. Twenty-five rats of both sexes (120 - 160 g) were divided into five groups (A-E) of 5 animals each. Group A (control) rats were administered 0.5 ml of distilled water (DW) orally while those in group B received 100 mg/kg body weight of ALENL. Animals in groups C, D and E which induced into hyperglycaemia (intraperitoneal administration of 150 mg/kg body weight of alloxan) were also administered DW, 100 and 200 mg/kg body weight of ALENL respectively, once daily for 14 days. Blood glucose levels (BGL) were determined at an interval of two days. Alloxan significantly (p,0.05) increased BGL in the DW treated hyper-glycaemic animals (DWTHA) from 48.00 ± 1.79 to 142.80 ± 2.35 mg/dl after 24 h. After two days, administration of the extract at 100 and 200 mg/kg body weight increased blood glucose level, but this increase was not statistically significant (p,0.05) when compared with the ...
Effects of long-term diabetes on the structure and cell proliferation of the myometrium in the early pregnancy of mice. -...
It is known that the development of diabetic complications in human pregnancy is directly related to the severity and the duration of this pathology. In this study, we developed a model of long-term type 1 diabetes to investigate its effects on the cytoarchitecture, extracellular matrix and cell proliferation during the first adaptation phase of the myometrium for pregnancy. A single dose of alloxan was used to induce diabetes in mice prior to pregnancy. To identify the temporal effects of diabetes the mice were divided into two groups: Group D1 (females that became pregnant 90-100 days after alloxan); Group D2 (females that became pregnant 100-110 days after alloxan). Uterine samples were collected after 168 h of pregnancy and processed for light and electron microscopy. In both groups the histomorphometric evaluation showed that diabetes promoted narrowing of the myometrial muscle layers which was correlated with decreased cell proliferation demonstrated by PCNA immunodetection. In D1, diabetes
Health Arena: Beware of White Processed Foods
The starchy flour is then given a chlorine gas bath in order to bleach it and make it white. Chlorine gas is a flour bleaching and oxidising agent that is a powerful irritant that is dangerous to inhale. The chlorine gas reacts with the flour to oxidise it and make it white. But it also converts a dough additive called xanthine into a toxic substance called alloxan. The latter is a toxin which destroys pancreatic islet cells resulting in diabetes. Alloxan has been used in lab tests to deliberately induce diabetes in rats. Trace elements of alloxan are left in the end product. ...
Serum Lipase and Alloxan Diabetes in Rats | Science
Thank you for your interest in spreading the word about Science.. NOTE: We only request your email address so that the person you are recommending the page to knows that you wanted them to see it, and that it is not junk mail. We do not capture any email address.. ...
Journal of Biosciences | Indian Academy of Sciences
The reticulocytes and the ageing red blood cells (RBCs) namely young (Y), middle-aged (M) and old RBCs (O) of female Wistar rats from different groups such as control animals (C), controls treated with vanadate (C + V), alloxan-induced diabetic (D), diabetic-treated with insulin (D + I) and vanadate (D + V), were fractionated on a percoll/BSA gradient. The following enzymes were measured-hexokinase (HK), glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px), glutathione reductase (GSSG-R), glutathione-s-transferase (GST), alanine aminotransferase ΜlaAT), aspartate aminotransferase ΜsAT) and arginase in the hemolysates of all the RBCs fractions. Decreases in the activity of HK and AsAT by about 70%, arginase and GSH-Px by 30% in old RBCs were observed in comparison to reticulocytes of control animals. Increases in the activity of GSSG-R by 86%, AlaAT by more than 400% and GST by 70% were observed in old RBCs in comparison to reticulocytes of control animals.. Alloxan diabetic animals showed a further decrease in the ...
Nonenzymatic Glucosylation of Serum Proteins and Hemoglobin: Response by J W. Baynes
The relationship between concentrations of blood glucose and nonenzymatically glucosylated serum proteins was studied in rats with alloxan-induced diabetes of varying severity. Fasting serum glucose correlated strongly with both glucosylated albumin (r = 0.91, P less than 0.001) and glucosylated serum protein (r = 0.93, P less than 0.001). The relative rates of response of serum protein and hemoglobin glycosylation to changes in blood glucose were also compared. Following withdrawal of insulin from diabetic rats, the half-times to reach new steady state levels of blood glucose, glucosylated serum proteins, and glycohemoglobins were about 2, 3, and 8 days, respectively. Similarly, on reinstitution of insulin therapy, the half-times for these same indices to return to baseline values were 2, 3.5, and 15 days, respectively. Changes in glucosylated albumin were more sensitive than glycohemoglobins to changes in serum glucose, consistent with the observation that albumin was glucosylated at about 10 times
Pre-diabetic Clinical Changes Induced by Low Doses of Alloxan-Streptozotocin Cocktail in Rabbits
Background & Objectives: Alloxan & streptozotocin are used for inducing diabetic models. Their combination has been used to reduce the individual chemical dosage and minimize the side effects. Present investigation was aimed at studying pre-diabetic clinical changes induced by low doses of Alloxan-STZ cocktail in rabbits. Methods: New Zealand White rabbits, 1-1.5 kg body weight, were administered alloxan (@50 mg/kg b.w.) and STZ (@ 35mg/kg b.w.) cocktail, as single intravenous dose. Blood glucose levels were monitored (0 h, 20 min, 1 h, and then hourly up to 9 h) and clinical signs noted. Rabbits surviving up to 9 hours were given glucose therapy. Results: The cocktail caused immediate transient hypoglycaemia, followed by hyperglycaemia, and then progressively severe hypoglycaemia. Hypoglycaemia caused characteristic behavioural alterations from lethargy, through aesthesia, muscular weakness to recumbency. Severely affected rabbits revealed intermittent convulsions and died in coma. Conclusion: Low
HYPOLIPIDEMIC AND ANTIOXIDANT CAPACITY OF METHANOL LEAF EXTRACT OF KIGELIA AFRICANA IN ALLOXAN INDUCED DIABETIC ALBINO RATS
free project topics, download complete project material, hire a writer, research topics in nigeria, kenya, ghana, south africa, undergraduate, postgraduate, final year students, free research project, business administration topics, mass communication, accounting, computer science, economics, statistics, education
Coach Kevin Dineen: 10-Pack of Nutrition and Fitness Facts
2. Chlorine dioxide, one of the chemicals used to bleach flour, combines with residual protein in most of these foods to form alloxan. In the lab, researchers use alloxan to induce diabetes in rats. Enriched or white anything, is dangerous, period ...
Nigerian Propolis May Help Treat Diabetes
According to our previous studies, propolis of Nigerian origin showed some evidence of hypoglycemic and hypolipidemic activities in addition to its ability to ameliorate oxidative-stress-induced organ dysfunction. This study was carried out to determine whether an ethanolic extract of Nigerian propolis (EENP) improves glycated hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c), fasting plasma glucose, very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL), and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) concentrations in rats that have alloxan diabetes ...
Suppression of aging process (part 2) - Suppressing the incidence of diabetic symptoms
In the experiment, we used a technique for administering special material (alloxan) and causing diabetes in healthy mice and, by analyzing and comparing the blood glucose level of mice that been irradiated by a low dose of radiation and mice that were not irradiated, we examined whether low dose irradiation controlled the incidence of diabetes ...
Browsing by Subject Azadirachta indica J, antihyperglycaemic, alloxan, ethanol extract
This study was aimed to determine antihyperglycaemic effect of Azadirachta indica J extract on alloxan-induced diabetic rat, active compound indentification, and tablet formulation This study used 18 mice Spraque Dawley ...
Effect of ficus relegiosa on blood glucose and total lipid levels of normal and alloxan diabetic rabbits. | CureHunter
Effect of ficus relegiosa on blood glucose and total lipid levels of normal and alloxan diabetic rabbits. - Noreen Wadood, Abdul Wadood, Mohammed Nisar
Hypoglycemic effect of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis leaf extract on Alloxan induced Diabetic rabbits
ABSTRACT. Currently available drugs for diabetes mellitus pose considerable side effects. This necessitates the development of new products, particularly herbal preparations which are known to have lesser side effects. Several herbal products are used to treat diabetes; but their hypoglycemic effects are complex and few anti-diabetic plants have received proper scientific validation. The present study was undertaken to validate the use of the leaves of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis plant as anti-diabetic agent. This study was conducted on thirty healthy albino rabbits of either sex; the effect of the Nyctanthes arbor-tristis leaf extract (NALE) at doses 200mg/kg body weight and 400mg/kg body weight was evaluated for a period of 14 days on alloxan induced diabetic rabbits. The hypoglycemic effect of the leaf extract was compared with the standard Glibenclamide at dose 2.5mg/kg body weight. Results revealed that the hypoglycemic effect of the Nyctanthes arbor-tristis leaf extract at 200mg/kg body ...
The effect of alloxan-induced diabetes on anti-nociception and on the development of morphine tolerance and dependence in rats
Diabetes is one of the most common diseases in all societies including Iran. One of its important complications is the neuropathic pain, which can be relieved by opioid drugs such as morphine. Opioid therapy is restricted due to development of tolerance and physical or mental dependence. In this study, the effect of diabetes on morphine analgesia and development of morphine tolerance and dependence was investigated. Experimental diabetes was induced by alloxan (120 mg/kg, s.c.) in rats. Morphine sulfate (7 mg/kg, i.p.) application for 5 days developed tolerance in animals. On 5th day, 30 min after the injection of morphine, the acute and chronic pain was evaluated in diabetic and non-diabetic animals using hot plate and formalin test. In addition, withdrawal signs (jumping, chewing, urine and feces) were recorded for ten minutes using naloxone (2 mg/kg, s.c.). The results showed that the anti-nociceptive effect of morphine for acute pain markedly reduced, but slightly enhanced for chronic pain model.
Histomorphometric evaluation of bone regeneration using autogenous bone and beta-tricalcium phosphate in diabetic rabbits
Background/Aim. The mechanism of impaired bone healing in diabetes mellitus includes different tissue and cellular level activities due to micro- and macrovascular changes. As a chronic metabolic disease with vascular complications, diabetes affects a process of bone regeneration as well. The therapeutic approach in bone regeneration is based on the use of osteoinductive autogenous grafts as well as osteoconductive synthetic material, like a β-tricalcium phosphate. The aim of the study was to determine the quality and quantity of new bone formation after the use of autogenous bone and β-tricalcium phosphate in the model of calvarial critical-sized defect in rabbits with induced diabetes mellitus type I. Methods. The study included eight 4-month-old Chincilla rabbits with alloxan-induced diabetes mellitus type I. In all animals, there were surgically created two calvarial bilateral defects (diameter 12 mm), which were grafted with autogenous bone and β-tricalcium phosphate (n = 4) or served as ...
Hypoglycemic and antilipidemic properties of kombucha tea in alloxan-induced diabetic rats | BMC Complementary and Alternative...
Diabetes has become a serious health problem and a major risk factor associated with troublesome health complications, such as metabolism disorders and liver-kidney dysfunctions. The inadequacies associated with conventional medicines have led to a determined search for alternative natural therapeutic agents. The present study aimed to investigate and compare the hypoglycemic and antilipidemic effects of kombucha and black tea, two natural drinks commonly consumed around the world, in surviving diabetic rats. Alloxan diabetic rats were orally supplied with kombucha and black tea at a dose of 5 mL/kg body weight per day for 30 days, fasted overnight, and sacrificed on the 31st day of the experiment. Their bloods were collected and submitted to various biochemical measurements, including blood glucose, cholesterol, triglcerides, urea, creatinine, transaminases, transpeptidase, lipase, and amylase activities. Their pancreases were isolated and processed to measure lipase and α-amylase activities and to
Guarana (Paullinia cupana) consumption improves hepatic and renal parameters in alloxan-induced diabetic rats
Results:. LDL (CG: 24.64 ± 2,59; GG: 38.93 ± 7.19; DG: 14.9 ± 3.96; DGG: 20.8 ± 4.04 mg/dL); HDL (CG: 14.8 ± 4.86; GG: 13 ± 1.41; DG: 22.5 ± 7.81; DGG: 30.66 ± 9.02 mg/dL); ALT (CG: 31.8 ± 4.81; GG: 22.16 ± 1.83; DG: 38 ± 1.4; DGG: 26.83 ± 2.13 U/L); AST (CG: 101.8 ± 5.07; GG: 117.5 ± 9.73; DG: 183.6 ± 4.21; DGG: 116.16 ± 12 U/L); urea (CG: 51.4 ± 5.03; GG: 42.5 ± 8.24; DG: 129.16 ± 31.72; DGG: 150.5 ± 36.02 mg/dL); creatinine (CG: 0.6 ± 0.12; GG: 0.53 ± 0.05; DG: 0.78 ± 0.11; DGG: 0.61 ± 0.07 mg/dL). ...
Improvement of Dissolution Rate of Gliclazide Using Solid Dispersions with Aerosil 380 and Its Effect on Alloxan Induced...
The main objective of this research is to conduct a comprehensive study for enhancing the aqueous solubility of poorly water soluble gliclazide using hydrophilic fumed silica particles (Aerosil® 380) and evaluating the influence of silica on drug release profile and pharmacological activity on alloxan induced diabetic rats. Solid dispersions (SDs) of gliclazide were prepared using solvent evaporation method. The dissolution profiles and solid state characterization of the SDs prepared were all evaluated. The dissolution rate of gliclazide in the SDs with fumed silica (weight ratio, 1:1) was approximately 38%, which is about 10 fold higher than that of the pure drug after 30 min. After forming the SDs, gliclazide changed into an amorphous state, which can infer from differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and powder X-ray diffraction (PXRD). Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) also revealed the formation of weak hydrogen bonding through the interactions between the secondary
Using calcium imaging as a marker of neuronal excitability, we detected glucose-excited, glucose-inhibited, and nonresponsive neurons in primary hypothalamic cell cultures, in proportions similar to those described previously (1,23). Thus, ∼30% of neurons were excited by raising the glucose concentration from 3 to 15 mmol/l, ∼6% were inhibited, and the remainder were nonresponsive over the same concentration range. The mechanism of glucose sensing in the glucose-excited neurons could not be attributed solely to KATP channel closure because tolbutamide only increased intracellular Ca2+ in ∼10% of glucose-excited neurons in the presence of 3 mmol/l glucose. Furthermore, the nonmetabolizable sugars αMDG and 3-O-MDG mimicked the action of glucose in glucose-excited neurons, indicating that metabolic generation of ATP is not a prerequisite for the sensing of glucose analogs. The sensitivity of the glucose-sensing machinery to αMDG, its dependence on extracellular Na+, and its inhibition by ...
Anti-diabetic Activity Of Polyherbal Formulation Containing Some Bitter Plant Constituents In Alloxan Induced Diabetic Rats
The present study was aimed to evaluate the anti diabetic activity of polyherbal formulation containing some bitter plant constituents like neem, methi, karela fruit, amla , jamun seeds, kavat fruit in
RJPT - Anti-Diabetic Activity of Aqueous Extract of Leaves of Pavonia zeylanica in Rats
The hypoglycemic effect of aqueous extract of leaves of Pavonia zeylanica (AEPZ) was evaluated in normal, glucose fed and alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Oral administration of extract (200 and 400mg/kg body wt) for 7 days resulted in a significant reduction in blood glucose level. The effect was compared with 0.5gm/kg (.P) glibenclamide.
Dokument bez názvu
Mushrooms are a low calorie food with very little fat and are highly suitable for obese persons. The objective of the present investigation was to study the interaction of aqueous extract of P. pulmonarius (called PP-aqu) with acarbose on serum glucose levels, and on the oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) in alloxan induced diabetic mice. PP-aqu (500 mg/kg), acarbose (50 mg/kg) and their combination were administered orally in alloxan (70 mg/kg i.v.) induced diabetic mice. In the acute study, the serum glucose level was estimated at 0, 2, 4, 6 and 24 h after drug administration. The subacute study involved repeated administration of the drugs for 28 days, a serum glucose level estimation at 7, 14, 21 and 28 days and recording of the body weights of the mice. In the OGTT, D-glucose (2.5 g/kg) was administered in diabetic mice half an hour after pre-treatment with PP-aqu (500 mg/kg), acarbose (50 mg/kg) and their combination. Serum glucose levels were estimated 30 min prior to glucose ...
ALLOXAN IN THE TREATMENT OF A CASE OF ISLET CELL CARCINOMA OF THE PANCREAS WITH LIVER METASTASES* | Annals of Internal Medicine...
Organic hyperinsulinism has been recognized with increasing frequency in the last few years. It is most commonly due to adenomata of the islands of Langerhans. More and more case reports appear of successful surgical removal of these tumors with consequent alleviation of symptoms. At times there seems to be a general hypersecretion of insulin by the islet cells without discernible tumor in which resection of varying amounts of pancreatic tissue has been found effective. Carcinoma of islet cells occurs much less frequently. In these cases the tumor is often slow to grow and slow to metastasize. In a few instances ...
Clinical use and time relationship of changes in affinity measurement of glycosylated albumin and glycosylated hemoglobin<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Clinical use and time relationship of changes in affinity measurement of glycosylated albumin and glycosylated hemoglobin. AU - Rendell, M.. AU - Paulsen, R.. AU - Eastberg, S.. AU - Stephen, P. M.. AU - Valentine, J. L.. AU - Smith, C. H.. AU - Nierenberg, J.. AU - Rasbold, K.. AU - Klenk, D.. AU - Smith, P. K.. PY - 1986/1/1. Y1 - 1986/1/1. N2 - Simple techniques for measurement of glycosylated hemoglobin and glycosylated albumin by affinity chromatographyy on m-aminophenylboronic acid agarose columns have recently been developed. This study explored the time course of changes in glycoalbumin versus those of glycohemoglobin in response to rapid changes in ambient glucose concentration. One would predict that glycoalbumin levels would change more rapidly than glycohemoglobin levels due to the shorter half-life of albumin than hemoglobin. This was found to be the case in a group of rabbits rendered diabetic with alloxan. Glycoalbumin levels plateaued 4 weeks after alloxan ...
Alloxan - Everything2.com
Al*loxan (#), n. [Allantoin + oxalic, as containing the elements of allantion and oxalic acid.] Chemistry|Chem. An oxidation produ...
Increase in T cell surface thiol levels are linked with activation and diabetogenicity | The Journal of Immunology
Free radicals contribute to Type 1 diabetes (T1D) autoimmune responses. We recently demonstrated that superoxide-deficient CD4 T cells exhibited increased effector responses and diabetogenicity, but the redox-dependent mechanism(s) mediating T cell activation were unclear. We hypothesized that during T1D progression, CD4 T cells with a reduced cell surface state would exhibit a concomitant increase in pro-inflammatory cytokine and chemokine responses. To test this, alexa fluor 647-conjugated maleimide (ALM)-labeling of cell surface reduced thiols on diabetogenic mouse and human CD4 T cells was performed. We observed an increase in ALM percentage and gMFI from peripheral Non-obese diabetic (NOD) mouse CD4 T cells during progression to overt diabetes. Cognate autoantigen stimulation elicited a 2- and 20-fold increase in CD4 ALM T cell percentage and gMFI, respectively. In addition to serving as a T cell activation marker, ALM gMFI of reduced CD4 T cell surface thiols was enhanced (1.2-fold) with ...
Fast exocytosis with few Ca(2+) channels in insulin-secreting mouse pancreatic B cells. - Radcliffe Department of Medicine
The association of L-type Ca(2+) channels to the secretory granules and its functional significance to secretion was investigated in mouse pancreatic B cells. Nonstationary fluctuation analysis showed that the B cell is equipped with |500 alpha1(C) L-type Ca(2+) channels, corresponding to a Ca(2+) channel density of 0.9 channels per microm(2). Analysis of the kinetics of exocytosis during voltage-clamp depolarizations revealed an early component that reached a peak rate of 1.1 pFs(-1) (approximately 650 granules/s) 25 ms after onset of the pulse and is completed within approximately 100 ms. This component represents a subset of approximately 60 granules situated in the immediate vicinity of the L-type Ca(2+) channels, corresponding to approximately 10% of the readily releasable pool of granules. Experiments involving photorelease of caged Ca(2+) revealed that the rate of exocytosis was half-maximal at a cytoplasmic Ca(2+) concentration of 17 microM, and concentrations |25 microM are required to attain
Pancreatic B Cell Function in Motor Neurone Disease | Clinical Science | Portland Press
AJ Krentz, PM Clark, CN Hales, AC Williams, M Nattrass; Pancreatic B Cell Function in Motor Neurone Disease. Clin Sci (Lond) 1 July 1992; 83 (s27): 5P. doi: https://doi.org/10.1042/cs083005P. Download citation file:. ...
PHARMACEUTICAL COMPOSITIONS BASED ON A MICROEMULSION - Patent application
TABLE-US-00003 TABLE 2 Pharmacokinetic parameters of insulin after IV, SC and IN administration to diabetic rabbits IV* SC IN IV* SC IN PK parameter 0.5 IU/kg 0.5 IU/kg 1 IU/kg 0.5 IU/kg 0.5 IU/kg 1 IU/kg Diabetic Rabbit #1 Diabetic Rabbit #2 Cmax (mIU/L) 253.7 148.4 106.5 183.1 71.6 167.3 tmax (min) 2 15 15 5 30 15 ?z (min-1) .0113 0.0263 0.0189 0.03 0.0047 0.0026 Elimination t1/2 61.1 26.3 36.7 23.1 149.0 271.1 (min) AUC0-∞ 6638.6 12192.7 5473.1 6145.1 16772.0 8675.1 (mIU min L-1) AUC0-∞/dose 13277.2 24385.5 5473.1 12290.2 33544.1 8675.1 (mIU min L-1 D-1) FRa (%) 100 100 22.4 100 100 25.9 FAb (%) 100 100 41.2 100 100 70.6 Diabetic Rabbit #3 Diabetic Rabbit #4 Cmax (mIU/L) 268.3 121.5 79.5 267.2 72.5 89.8 tmax (min) 15 15 15 5 45 15 ?z (min-1) 0.0097 0.0164 0.0235 0.0148 0.0119 0.0218 Elimination t1/2 71.7 42.3 29.4 46.8 58.4 31.9 (min) AUC0-∞ 6628.2 12798.8 3644.5 5816.2 9130.1 3845.4 (mIU min L-1) AUC0-∞/dose 13256.4 25597.7 3644.5 11632.4 18260.2 3845.4 (mIU min L-1 D-1) FRa (%) 100 ...
This therapeutic approach is relatively simple in regard o - joketree icu
Compartmentalization of PDGF on extracellular binding sites dependent on exon-6-encoded sequences. Inclusion of methionine-S35 into liver slices of rats with alloxan diabetes in a medium containing glucose generic cialis or fructose Hence, fluopyram has a harmful effect on overall soil microbial activity, and tadalafil 20 mg rezeptfrei bestellen changed soil microbial community structure and function. Six males with type 2 diabetes mellitus and eight healthy controls were included.. Long sleep duration: a nonconventional indicator of arterial stiffness in Japanese at high risk of cardiovascular disease: side effects of cialis the J-HOP study. How does the number of susceptible cells influence the growth potential of the virus?. The presence of an osseous spur on the dorsoproximal aspect of MtIII in the absence of other radiological abnormalities may be an incidental finding. AfsR recruits tadalafil 5mg RNA polymerase to the afsS promoter: a model for transcriptional activation by SARPs. The ...
DI-fusion Protective effect of schisanhenol against alloxan-induced...
DI-fusion, le Dépôt institutionnel numérique de lULB, est loutil de référencementde la production scientifique de lULB.Linterface de recherche DI-fusion permet de consulter les publications des chercheurs de lULB et les thèses qui y ont été défendues.
EFFECT OF DEHYDROASCORBIC ACID ON THE ISLETS OF LANGERHANS OF THE RAT PANCREAS | JCB
Rat pancreatic islets have been studied following successive daily administration of dehydroascrobic acid (DHA) and during the recovery phase following 3 daily injections. One injection of DHA produces degranulation of B cells seen in the light microscope as a loss of aldehyde fuchsin positivity. In the electron microscope the B cells appear to have secretory granules accumulated subjacent to the plasma membranes. Following 2 and 3 daily injections, B cells evidence alterations in the organization of the granular endoplasmic reticulum and mitochondria, and secretory granules are scant but when present are subjacent to the plasma membrane. After 5 to 7 days recovery few secretory granules remain in B cell cytoplasm, but the cells have prominent granular ER and a Golgi apparatus with numerous prosecretory granules. The primary effect of DHA is an exaggerated secretory response of B cells, which is intensified with subsequent injections. Necrosis of B cells as produced by alloxan is not ...
think loud: sound scientific reason to avoid pizzas and parathas
Maida is made from wheat flour after removing the fiber rich bran. Then it is bleached with the chemical alloxan to make it white and fine. This chemical is toxic to Pancreas in our body. Pancreas is responsible for regulation of glucose and sugar in our body and blood. Pancreas is producing insulin in our body. Actually Insulin is responsible for the control of blood sugar. Once Pancreas is damaged, one will become diabetic. Pancreas can be damaged in many ways. Our genes and heredity also have a role in making Pancreas susceptible to injury by noxious agents. Maida or white wheat flour is used in many food stuffs world wide. The big corporate lobby world wide has succeeded in hiding the harmful effect of Maida and disseminating the information. The food industry was able to prevent any research to rule out the causation of DIABETES by Maida. The incidence of diabetes mellitus is increasing worldwide and India and Kerala is going to get the number one place in this regard. May be our food ...
Zucchini | GreenMedInfo | Substance | Natural Medicine | Alternative
This topic has 3 study abstracts on Zucchini indicating that it may have therapeutic value in the treatment of Alloxan toxicity, Diabetes Mellitus: Type 1, and Aspirin-Induced Toxicity
SJMPS 2(10) - Scholars Middle East Publishers
In vivo antidiabetic efficacy of red algae Portieria hornemannii and Spyridia fusiformis methanol extract on alloxan stimulated hyperglycemic activity in Wistar albino rats ...
JoVE Author Search: E Silva PM
Advanced Glycation End Products, Alloxan, Antigen, Apoptosis, Behavior, Cell, Cell Number, Cell Numbers, Cells, Family, Fluorescence, Fructosamine, Histamine, Histamine Release, Injection, Intravenous Injection, Mast Cell, Mast Cells, Plasma, Pleural Cavity
No Species Found
No species in the database contian data from the requested reference: Stiehler, R.D.; Huffman, H.M., Thermal data: V the heat capacities, entropies and free energies of adenine, hypoxanthine, guanine, xanthine, uric acid, allantoin and alloxan, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1935, 57, 1741-3. ...
KAKEN - Researchers | ARAKAWA Michio (60092912)
Affiliation：Gifu University School of Medicine,Second Department of Internal Medicine,Assistant Professor of Medicine,医学部・附属病院,講師, Research Field：循環器内科学, Keywords：対側肺傷害,アラキドン酸代謝産物,Intravenous injection,Intratracheal instillation,二重指示薬希釈法,Alloxan-induced lung injury,アロキサン肺水腫,血管外肺水分量,成人呼吸窮迫症候群,Antiprotease, # of Research Projects：1, # of Research Products：0
December | 2013 | akt inhibitor
Later on while in the program from the disease there exists enhanced expression of your transforming growth element b, which may perhaps result, in aspect, in the elevated production of MCP 1. Each the MCP 1 and also the TGF b1 genes have CpG situated from the vicinity of transcription begin website. The OVE26 mice on FVB background overexpress cal modulin gene in pancreatic b cells, leading to hyper glycemia and early onset of kind 1 diabetes and diabetic nephropathy. The leptin deficient insulin resis tant C57BL/6J ob/ob mice are mildly hyperglycemic and do not build kidney lesions resembling human dia betes. We utilized chromatin through the kidneys of those strains and their respective controls inside the com bined ChIP MeDIP assay. Blood glucose levels in these strains had been as follows C57BL/6J 65 4, C57BL/6 ob/ob 112 13, FVB 197 15, and FVB OVE26 649 22. Matrix ChIP MeDIP analysis uncovered reduced 5mC ranges in the MCP 1 gene in the diabetic OVE26 mice when compared with the usual FVB ...
C-Peptide | Lab Tests | 5MinuteConsult
Human C-peptide is a 31-amino-acid chain with a molecular mass of approximately 3,020 Da. Metabolically inert, it originates in the pancreatic B cells as a by-product of the enzymatic clea... ...
Bertoni) on alloxan-induced diabetic rats". J Pharm Bioallied Sci. 3 (2): 242-8. doi:10.4103/0975-7406.80779. PMC 3103919. PMID ...
Bertoni) on alloxan-induced diabetic rats". Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences. 3 (2): 242-248. doi:10.4103/0975- ...
Fruit powder in alloxan-diabetic rats". Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 67 (1): 103-109. doi:10.1016/S0378-8741(99)00004-5. PMID ...
Alloxan Brentjens R, Saltz L (2001). "Islet cell tumors of the pancreas: the medical oncologist's perspective". Surg Clin North ... Szkudelski T (2001). "The mechanism of alloxan and streptozotocin action in B cells of the rat pancreas". Physiol Res. 50 (6): ... "Comparison of metabolic abnormalities in diabetes mellitus induced by streptozotocin or by alloxan". Lancet. 1 (7544): 670-1. ...
Fruit in alloxan-induced diabetic Rats". South African Journal of Botany. 88: 56-61. doi:10.1016/j.sajb.2013.04.010.. ...
with Glyburide in Alloxan Induced Diabetic Mice". Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 5 (2): 159-164. doi: ... and reduced the mortality of alloxan induced diabetic mice by approximately 50%. It showed a synergistic effect with the ...
Menten, ML.; Janouch, M. (1946). "Changes in alkaline phosphatase of kidney following renal damage with alloxan". Proceedings ...
It may also be prepared by digesting alloxan with alcoholic ammonia. Justus von Liebig and Friedrich Wöhler in Giessen, Germany ...
"Hypoglycemic Effects ofAnnona stenophyllaandMorus albaPlant Extracts in Alloxan-induced Diabetic Mice". Journal of Biologically ...
... antioxidative and nephroprotective effects of taurine in alloxan diabetic rabbits". Biochimie. 91 (2): 261-70. doi:10.1016/j. ...
On blood glucose levels in normal and alloxan-induced diabetic rats". Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 50 (1): 13-7. doi:10.1016/ ... fed hyperglycemic and alloxan-treated rabbits and rats. Davana oil is used in making perfumes of sweet and ...
Laboratory Syrian hamster
Streptozotocin or alloxan may be administered to induce chronic diabetes in hamsters. Atherosclerosis may be studied with ...
Strecker, A (1862). "Notiz über eine eigenthümliche Oxydation durch Alloxan" [Notice of a curious oxidation by alloxan]. ... The original observation by Strecker involved the use of alloxan as the oxidant in the first step, followed by hydrolysis: The ...
"Antidiabetic effect of a black mangrove species Aegiceras corniculatum in alloxan-induced diabetic rats". J. Adv. Pharm. ...
"Importance of glucagon in the control of futile cycling as studied in alloxan-diabetic dogs". Diabetologia. 30 (3): 175-182. ... reduction in pancreatic glucagon with normalization of somatostatin and decrease in insulin in normoglycemic alloxan-diabetic ...
Although pyrimidine derivatives such as uric acid and alloxan were known in the early 19th century, a laboratory synthesis of a ... Grimaux, E. (1879). "Synthèse des dérivés uriques de la série de l'alloxane" [Synthesis of urea derivatives of the alloxan ... and alloxan. It is also found in many synthetic compounds such as barbiturates and the HIV drug, zidovudine. ...
Brömme HJ, Mörke W, Peschke E (November 2002). "Transformation of barbituric acid into alloxan by hydroxyl radicals: ...
"Antihyperglycemic and hypolipidemic effects of Helicteres isora roots in alloxan-induced diabetic rats: a possible mechanism of ...
... a study in alloxan-induced diabetic rats". Cell Biochemistry and Function. 26 (8): 859-865. doi:10.1002/cbf.1517. ISSN 1099- ...
Friedrich Wilhelm Hermann Delffs
... molybdate of ammonia and alloxan. In 1843, with mineralogist Johann Reinhard Blum, he proposed the name "leonhardite" for ...
Zafar H. Zaidi
Biochemical Physiology 121 (4): 323 - 332, (1998) Alloxan - Induced cataract and leakage of lens crystallins in the serum of ...
... sperm quality and testosterone level in alloxan-induced male diabetic rats". International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences ...
An aqueous extract of aerial parts of the plant has shown a hypoglycemic effect in alloxan-induced diabetic rabbits and mice. ...
Diabetes mellitus can be experimentally induced in vivo for research purposes by streptozotocin or alloxan, which are ...
... antilipidperoxidative effects of dry matter of culture broth of Inonotus obliquus in submerged culture on normal and alloxan- ... antilipidperoxidative effects of dry matter of culture broth of Inonotus obliquus in submerged culture on normal and alloxan- ...
A cream-based variant of rouge is schnouda, a colorless mixture of Alloxan with cold cream, which also colors the skin red. ...
"Regulation of glucose uptake in heart muscle from normal and alloxan-diabetic rats: the effects of insulin, growth hormone, ...
Schwarcz, Joe (2003), Alloxan (PDF), Department of Chemistry McGill University: Office of Science and Society, p. 1, archived ... While it is a minor product of xanthophyll oxidation, there is no evidence that trace amounts of alloxan formed comprise a ... A common misconception is that maida contains alloxan, which itself is banned in developed countries for usage in food, added ...
Luigi Valentino Brugnatelli
In 1818, the year of his death, Brugnatelli was the first to prepare the compound alloxan, discovered by Justus von Liebig and ...
In a study of organs from mice with alloxan diabetes (experimentally induced diabetes) and genetic diabetes, lower aconitase ... the study concluded that low aconitase activity is likely correlated with genetic and alloxan diabetes. Another theory is that ... "Alloxan Diabetes - Medical Definition," Stedman's Medical Dictionary, 2006 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, http://www. ...
Alloxan - Wikipedia
Alloxan, sometimes referred to as alloxan hydrate, is the name of the organic compound with the formula OC(N(H)CO)2C(OH)2. It ... The name "Alloxan" emerged from an amalgamation of the words "allantoin" and "Oxalsäure" (oxalic acid). The alloxan model of ... Studies suggests that alloxan does not cause diabetes in humans. Others found a significant difference in alloxan plasma levels ... A dimeric derivative alloxantin can be prepared by partial reduction of alloxan with hydrogen sulfide. Alloxan is a toxic ...
Third Ventricular Alloxan Reversibly Impairs Glucose Counterregulatory Responses | Diabetes
5TG 14d post-Alloxan) after 3v alloxan. Data are means ± SEM. *P ≤ 0.05 vs. 5TG responses prior to 3v alloxan injection. ... 7-day post-3v alloxan-treated (B), and 14-day post-3v alloxan-treated (C) rats. Seven days following 3v alloxan injection, GFAP ... Experiment 2: 4v alloxan: feeding and blood glucose responses.. There were no effects of 4v alloxan on systemic 2DG-induced ... alloxan: 436 ± 8 g) nor body weight gain (saline: 101 ± 6 vs. alloxan: 95 ± 9 g) differed at the termination of the experiment ...
Alloxan is an inhibitor of the enzyme O-linked N-acetylglucosamine transferase. - PubMed - NCBI
... suggesting that alloxan indeed was inhibiting (OGT). In order to show definitively that alloxan was inhibiting OGT activity, ... Alloxan is an inhibitor of the enzyme O-linked N-acetylglucosamine transferase.. Konrad RJ1, Zhang F, Hale JE, Knierman MD, ... Alloxan, another beta-cell toxin is a uracil analog. Since the O-GlcNAc transferase (OGT) uses UDP-GlcNAc as a substrate, we ... Together, these data demonstrate that alloxan is an inhibitor of OGT, and as such, is the first OGT inhibitor described. ...
Nigerian Honey Ameliorates Hyperglycemia and Dyslipidemia in Alloxan-Induced Diabetic Rats
Hypoglycemic Activity of Aqueous Root Bark Extract Zanthoxylum chalybeum in Alloxan-Induced Diabetic Rats
Diabetes was induced in rats by administration of alloxan monohydrate. Root extract of,i, Z. chalybeum ,/i,was administered to ... Induction of diabetes with alloxan resulted in severe damage to the β-cells of the islets of Langerhans (Figure 2(a)). A month ... The induction of diabetes using alloxan resulted in severe damage of β-cells of the islets of Langerhans (Figure 2(b)). However ... Since alloxan caused fatal hypoglycemia due to massive insulin release by the pancreas, the rats were in addition orally given ...
Antidiabetic effect of Artemisia absinthium extracts on alloxan-induced diabetic rats | SpringerLink
... ethanol extract on alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Forty-eight albino rats (300 g) were used in this experiment... ... Alloxan Diabetes A. absinthium Blood glucose Antihyperglycemic effect Biochemical markers This is a preview of subscription ... Lenzen S (2008) The mechanisms of alloxan and streptozotocin induced diabetes. Diabetologica 51:216-226CrossRefGoogle Scholar ... The aim of our study was to evaluate the effect of Artemisia absinthium (A. absinthium) ethanol extract on alloxan-induced ...
Rejuvenating of Kidney Tissues on Alloxan Induced Diabetic Mice under the Effect of Momordica charantia
Alloxan is most commonly used to induce diabetes in animals.. Alloxan is a β-cytotoxin and induces diabetes mellitusby damaging ... alloxan 150 mg/kg body weight i.p.); Group III: diabetic control (B) (alloxan 150 mg/kg body weight i.p.) + C (Momordica ... In this study significant hyperglycemia was achieved after alloxan (150 mg/kg body weight) injection. Alloxan induced diabetic ... In alloxan treated diabetic group, the mean value was mg/dL with individual level variations ranging from 1.11 to 1.55 mg/dL, ...
Alloxan | Antidiabetic Activity | Clerodendron Phlomoidis | Ethanol Extract
As expected in alloxan treated rats, there was significant increase in blood glucose, CHL and TGL levels. Oral treatment with ... Alloxan, antidiabetic activity, Clerodendron phlomoidis, ethanol extract. Diabetes has been known to medical sciences longer ... Effect of Vinca rosea extracts in treatment of alloxan diabetic rats in male albino rats Indian J Exp Biol 2001;39:748. ... The extract was screened for hypoglycemic activity in alloxan-induced diabetic rats (120 mg/kg, i.p.) at two dose levels, viz ...
Serum Lipase and Alloxan Diabetes in Rats | Science
Guarana (Paullinia cupana) consumption improves hepatic and renal parameters in alloxan-induced diabetic rats
... included alloxan-induced diabetic rats fed a standard diet; and the diabetic guarana group (DGG) included alloxan-induced ... Palabras clave : Diabetes mellitus; Guarana; Biochemical profile; Antioxidant; Alloxan. · resumen en Español · texto en Inglés ... ABBOUD, Renato de Souza et al. Guarana (Paullinia cupana) consumption improves hepatic and renal parameters in alloxan-induced ... this study aims to evaluate the protective action of the guarana compound on the biochemical profile of alloxan-induced ...
Therapeutic effect of vitamin B3 on hyperglycemia, oxidative stress and DNA damage in alloxan induced diabetic rat model. -...
The mechanism of alloxan and streptozotocin action in B cells of the rat pancreas.
Abstract Alloxan and streptozotocin are widely used to induce experimental diabetes in animals. The mechanism of their action ... the source of their generation is different in the case of alloxan and streptozotocin. Alloxan and the product of its reduction ... Abstract Alloxan and streptozotocin are widely used to induce experimental diabetes in animals. The mechanism of their action ... The mechanism of alloxan and streptozotocin action in B cells of the rat pancreas.. ...
Genistein Reduces Hyperglycemia and Islet Cell Loss in a High-dosage Manner in Rats with Alloxan-induced Pancreatic Damage
... http ... Alloxan-induced Pancreatic Damage This section is compiled by Frank M. Painter, D.C.. Send all comments or additions to: Frankp ... METHODS: Alloxan-induced diabetic male Sprague-Dawley rats were randomly divided into 5 groups (10 rats per group) and treated ... In addition, rat islets were isolated, cultured, and exposed to alloxan in the presence or absence of genistein. The survival ...
The Protective Effect of Cordymin, a Peptide Purified from the Medicinal Mushroom Cordyceps sinensis, on Diabetic Osteopenia in...
The aim of this study was to investigate the protective effect of cordymin on diabetic osteopenia in alloxan-induced diabetic ... The aim of this study was to investigate the protective effect of cordymin on diabetic osteopenia in alloxan-induced diabetic ... on Diabetic Osteopenia in Alloxan-Induced Diabetic Rats Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013;2013:985636. doi: 10.1155/2013 ...
Antidiabetic and antihyperlipidemic potential of ethanol extract of Salacia lehmbachii stem bark in alloxan-induced diabetic...
Results Treatment of alloxan-induced diabetic rats with S. lehmbachii stem bark extract showed significant (p<0.01) reduction ... lehmbachii ethanol stem bark extract was evaluated in alloxan-induced diabetic rats at a dose of 100 mg/kg, 200 mg/kg, and 400 ... Treatment of alloxan-induced diabetic rats with S. lehmbachii stem bark extract showed significant (p,0.01) reduction in blood ... Liu Z, Li J, Zeng Z, Liu M, Wang M. The antidiabetic effects of cysteinyl metformin, a newly synthesized agent, in alloxan- and ...
The use of alloxan and streptozotocin in experimental diabetes models / Deneysel Diyabet Modellerinde Alloksan ve...
The use of alloxan and streptozotocin in experimental diabetes models by Turkish Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism; ... Selective uptake of alloxan by pancreatic B-cells. Biochem J 1982;208:513-5. (11.) Lenzen S, Mirzaie-Petri M. Inhibition of ... Role of Ca2+ in alloxan-induced pancreatic beta-cell damage. Biochim Biophys Acta 1994;1227:87-91. (15.) Golfman L, Dixon IM, ... The use of alloxan and streptozotocin in experimental diabetes models / Deneysel Diyabet Modellerinde Alloksan ve ...
Reversal of D- and A-Cell Insensitivity to Glucose in Alloxan-diabetic Dogs by Treatment with the Artificial Beta Cell ...
Reversal of D- and A-Cell Insensitivity to Glucose in Alloxan-diabetic Dogs by Treatment with the Artificial Beta Cell ( ... In contrast, treatment of alloxan-diabetic dogs (N = 3) by a GCIIS for 24 h revived some responsiveness of the glucagon, ... Reversal of D- and A-Cell Insensitivity to Glucose in Alloxan-diabetic Dogs by Treatment with the Artificial Beta Cell ( ... Reversal of D- and A-Cell Insensitivity to Glucose in Alloxan-diabetic Dogs by Treatment with the Artificial Beta Cell ( ...
Silica inflammation modulates lipoperoxide and thi-obarbituric acid reactive substances levels in liver and glucose...
2) Alloxan diabetic rats (DB rats);. 3) Alloxan diabetics rats in which silica granulomatous inflammation was induced 8 days ... Adrenocortical system activity in alloxan-resistant and alloxan-susceptible Wistar rats. Journal of Diabetes Mellitus, 2, 165- ... Seven days after alloxan injection, daily urine was collected individually from each animal with special urine collectors, its ... As a result, the daily excretion of glucose in the group of alloxan diabetic rats selected for further study was 4.8 ± 0.5 g/ ...
Improvement of Dissolution Rate of Gliclazide Using Solid Dispersions with Aerosil 380 and Its Effect on Alloxan Induced...
Further, we investigated the antidiabetic effects of SDs of gliclazide in alloxan induced diabetic rats. The SDs of ... and evaluating the influence of silica on drug release profile and pharmacological activity on alloxan induced diabetic rats. ... Injection of alloxan markedly decreases the body weight in diabetic rats . The body weight was lower in Group DC compared ... Alloxan was purchased from Loba Chemiie, Bombay, India. Blood glucose level was measured by using a glucose test meter (CLEVER ...
Effects in vitro of alloxan on the glucose metabolism of mouse pancreatic B-cells | Biochemical Journal | Portland Press
Islets exposed to 2mm-alloxan and control islets had the same endogenous respiration, whereas the O2 uptake of the alloxan- ... In contrast, islets exposed to 5 or 10mm-alloxan exhibited lowered glucose utilization. It is concluded that in vitro alloxan ... Effects in vitro of alloxan on the glucose metabolism of mouse pancreatic B-cells L. A. Håkan Borg ; L. A. Håkan Borg ... Alloxan (2mm) failed to affect islet glucoseutilization rate in the presence of either 2.8 or 28mm-glucose. ...
Post-Heparin Lipolytic Activity and Tissue Lipoprotein Lipase Activity in the Alloxan-Diabetic Rat | Clinical Science
Post-Heparin Lipolytic Activity and Tissue Lipoprotein Lipase Activity in the Alloxan-Diabetic Rat. R. S. Elkeles, E. Williams ... 1. Alloxan-diabetic rats showed raised plasma triglyceride levels and low adipose tissue lipoprotein lipase activity compared ... Post-Heparin Lipolytic Activity and Tissue Lipoprotein Lipase Activity in the Alloxan-Diabetic Rat ... Post-Heparin Lipolytic Activity and Tissue Lipoprotein Lipase Activity in the Alloxan-Diabetic Rat ...
Hypoglycemic Activity of Lepidium sativum Linn Seed Total Alkaloid on Alloxan Induced Diabetic Rats
Hypoglycemic Activity And Regeneration Of Pancreatic Beta-cells Produced By Allium Cepa In Alloxan-induced Diabetic Rats
Methods: Alloxan-induced diabetic rats? model was conducted to demonstrate the effects of the oral administration of Allium ... Furthermore, it?s clinical improvement and/or increased survival rates in alloxan-induced diabetic rats were evident and it was ... Hypoglycemic activity and regeneration of pancreatic beta-cells produced by Allium cepa in alloxan-induced diabetic rats. ...
AID 1084065 - Hypoglycemic activity in alloxan-induced diabetic Mus musculus (mouse) assessed as blood glucose level at 10 mg...
Superoxide production in the isolated rabbit aorta and the effect of alloxan, indomethacin and nitrovasodilators. | Journal of...
Superoxide production in the isolated rabbit aorta and the effect of alloxan, indomethacin and nitrovasodilators.. K F Heim, G ... Superoxide production in the isolated rabbit aorta and the effect of alloxan, indomethacin and nitrovasodilators.. K F Heim, G ... Superoxide production in the isolated rabbit aorta and the effect of alloxan, indomethacin and nitrovasodilators.. K F Heim, G ... The diabetogenic compound alloxan significantly increased superoxide production in a concentration-dependent manner. The ...
Superoxide dismutase, catalase and scavengers of hydroxyl radical protect against the toxic action of alloxan on pancreatic...
Alloxan cytotoxicity in vitro . Inhibition of rubidium ion pumping in pancreatic β -cells Biochem J (January, 1977) ... Contrasting effects of alloxan on islets and single mouse pancreatic β-cells Biochem J (November, 2000) ... Alloxan-induced luminol luminescence as a tool for investigating mechanisms of radical-mediated diabetogenicity Biochem J ( ... Except for the protection by NADH and NADPH, which may be due to a direct reaction with alloxan in the medium, the results ...
NOPR: Reduced nociceptive responses in mice with alloxan induced hyperglycemia after garlic (Allium sativum Linn.) treatment
In vitro Effects of Alloxan/Copper Combinations on Lipid Peroxidation, Protein Oxidation and Antioxidant Enzymes | SpringerLink
The in vitro effects of alloxan and the product of its reduction dialuric acid (alone or in combination with copper ions) on ... The effects of Cu2+/alloxan and Cu2+/dialuric acid were compared with those of Fe3+/alloxan and Fe3+/dialuric acid. Unlike ... Alloxan and dialuric acid, as well as their combinations with Fe3+ had no effect on the total GSH level. Both substances did ... The present in vitro results, concerning the metal dependence of the effects of alloxan and dialuric acid, are a premise for in ...
Corneal Lymphatics in Alloxan Vascularized Rabbit Eyes | IOVS | ARVO Journals
Corneal Lymphatics in Alloxan Vascularized Rabbit Eyes You will receive an email whenever this article is corrected, updated, ... Alloxan monohydrate was injected into the anterior chamber of normal rabbit eyes and resulted in extensive vascularization of ... H. BARRY COLLIN; Corneal Lymphatics in Alloxan Vascularized Rabbit Eyes. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 1966;5(1):1-13. ...
MonohydrateHyperglycemiaAntidiabeticAction of alloxanRabbitsExtractBlood glucoseDiabetes in RatsFruit in alloxan induced diabetic ratsWISTAR RATSInjectionMice with alloxan inducedProfile of alloxan-inducedTreatment of alloxan-diabeticLiverCytotoxicityABSTRACTAntioxidantDosesGlucoseHypoglycemicVitro0.05SignificantlyExperimentalRats with alloxanReaction of alloxanToxicity of alloxanMechanism of alloxanEffectAntihyperglycemicSprague-DawleyBiochemicalStreptozotocinGlibenclamideSuperoxideDialuric acidSigma AldrichMETHODSInduce diabetesMetabolismEffectsGlutathionePancreatic B-cellsInsulin
- Diabetes was induced in rats by administration of alloxan monohydrate. (hindawi.com)
- Alloxan monohydrate was injected into the anterior chamber of normal rabbit eyes and resulted in extensive vascularization of the corneae. (arvojournals.org)
- Alloxan monohydrate with 100 mg kg -1 in was injected intravenously for experimental group. (scialert.net)
- Buy Alloxan monohydrate (CAS ), a water soluble pyrimidine derivative & glucose analog. (ipicture.mobi)
- Join researchers using high quality Alloxan monohydrate. (ipicture.mobi)
- A single injection of alloxan monohydrate (120 mg/kg, i.p.) prepared in normal saline was administered to produce diabetes in rats, after overnight fasting. (biomedcentral.com)
- Venous injection of alloxan monohydrate is a standard method to produce a canine model of diabetes. (elsevier.com)
- In this study, a new method for alloxan diabetogenesis is reported upon: alloxan monohydrate is injected intravenously with protection of the renal arteries at the time of injection by a 7F, triple lumen double balloon catheter placed in the abdominal aorta. (elsevier.com)
- The ten initial failures were reinjected with 65 milligrams per kilogram of alloxan monohydrate: six or 60 per cent then became diabetic, three were persistent failures, 30 per cent, and one dog died, 10 per cent. (elsevier.com)
- The experimental rats were induced by intra-peritoneal injection of Alloxan monohydrate at a dose of 180 mg/kg after dissolving in normal saline. (dovepress.com)
- For the experimental modeling of hyperglycemia, we used alloxan monohydrate, pre-dissolved in 0.9% solution of sodium chloride, which was then injected intraperitoneally once at a dose of 20 mg/100 g on an empty stomach. (rjdnmd.org)
- Therapeutic effect of vitamin B3 on hyperglycemia, oxidative stress and DNA damage in alloxan induced diabetic rat model. (nih.gov)
- In vivo high-dose (30 mg/kg per day) but not low-dose genistein significantly decreases weight loss, hyperglycemia, and islet cell loss in alloxan-induced diabetic rats, while increasing blood insulin levels and glucose tolerance. (chiro.org)
- NOPR: Reduced nociceptive responses in mice with alloxan induced hyperglycemia after garlic (Allium sativum Linn. (niscair.res.in)
- Administration of ethanol (95%) extract (45 mg/kg body wt/day for 28 days) of garlic ( A.sativum ) to alloxan induced diabetic (ALX-D) mice significantly lowered the serum glucose levels, nociceptive response in tail-flick, hotplate, allodynia, formalin test and relative thickness, weight of hind paw in formalin induced Paw oedema test, over 28 days, thus, showing the reversal trend in hyperglycemia and hyperalgesia compared to ALX-D mice. (niscair.res.in)
- In conclusion, chronic liraglutide treatment improves hyperglycemia by ameliorating beta cell mass and function in alloxan-induced diabetic mice. (nih.gov)
- Incidence of hyperglycemia in alloxan-untreated acatalasemic mice was as low as that in the normal mice. (elsevier.com)
- Rats with marked hyperglycemia were selected after a fortnight by administering alloxan (150 mg/kg) intraperitoneally. (ispub.com)
- The study aimed to investigate the lungs of pre-reproductive age rats under the influence of alloxan-induced hyperglycemia. (rjdnmd.org)
- Alloxan-induced hyperglycemia leads to the development of emphysematous changes in combination with restriction. (rjdnmd.org)
- In this study, the antidiabetic and antihyperlipidemic potential of S. lehmbachii ethanol stem bark extract was evaluated in alloxan-induced diabetic rats at a dose of 100 mg/kg, 200 mg/kg, and 400 mg/kg p.o. daily for 21 days. (degruyter.com)
- Further, we investigated the antidiabetic effects of SD's of gliclazide in alloxan induced diabetic rats. (scirp.org)
- Antidiabetic profile of LSTA (50, 150 and 250 mg kg -1 , i.p.) was assessed on alloxan induced diabetic rats upon 21 days continuous treatment. (scialert.net)
- The L. sativum alkaloid have potential antidiabetic effect against alloxan-induced diabetes may be through reducing oxidative damage and modulating antioxidant enzymes. (scialert.net)
- Antidepressant-like effects of Brassica juncea L. We used alloxan to induce diabetes in rats and rabbits for screening the antidiabetic activity of test compounds. (ipicture.mobi)
- The hydroethanolic extract of the leaves of Madhuca longifolia was administered orally to alloxan-induced diabetic rats and investigated for its antidiabetic properties. (ispub.com)
- The present study is aimed to evaluate the antidiabetic property of methanolic extract of W. chinensis leaf (MEWL) in alloxan induced Swiss albino diabetic mice. (springeropen.com)
- To explore in vivo antidiabetic properties of MEWL, diabetes was induced in Swiss albino mice by intraperitoneal injection of alloxan at dose of 80 mg/kg body weight (BW). (springeropen.com)
Action of alloxan4
- The beta cell toxic action of alloxan is initiated by free radicals formed in this redox reaction. (wikipedia.org)
- To facilitate detailed studies of the B-cytotoxic action of alloxan we developed a model using isolated pancreatic islets of normal mice. (portlandpress.com)
- Fischer, L. J., Harman, A. W. (1982) Oxygen free radicals and diabetogenic action of alloxan. (springer.com)
- Rabbits in which the diabetogenic action of alloxan was prevented by temporary occlusion of the pancreas from the circulation during its administration developed grades of hypercholesterolemia, hyperlipoproteinemia, and atherosclerosis not significantly different from the controls. (2keto.com)
- The alloxan model of diabetes was first described in rabbits by Dunn, Sheehan and McLetchie in 1943. (wikipedia.org)
- The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effects of Berberis lycium root bark on various lipid profiles in alloxan induced diabetic rabbits. (ethnoleaflets.com)
- Effect of ficus relegiosa on blood glucose and total lipid levels of normal and alloxan diabetic rabbits. (curehunter.com)
- 0.05) in alloxan treated rabbits. (curehunter.com)
- 0.05) on total lipid levels in normal as well as in alloxan -treated diabetic rabbits. (curehunter.com)
- Effect of rate of injection of alloxan on development of diabetes in rabbits. (ipicture.mobi)
- The study was carried out to evaluate the effect of alloxan-induced diabetes on some oxidative stress markers in rabbits. (animalvetsci.org)
- Diabetes was induced in one of the groups, by intraperitonial administration of alloxan at a dosage of 150mg/kg body weight and the control rabbits were administered normal saline (0.9% NaCl). (animalvetsci.org)
- The results showed a significant decrease in mean body weight of the alloxan-induced diabetic and control rabbits pre and 14days post alloxan-induction. (animalvetsci.org)
- Enefe Ndidi Glory, Ebuehi Osaretin Albert, Antioxidant Enzymes and Lipid Peroxidation in Alloxan-Induced Diabetic Rabbits, Animal and Veterinary Sciences . (animalvetsci.org)
- the effect of the Nyctanthes arbor-tristis leaf extract (NALE) at doses 200mg/kg body weight and 400mg/kg body weight was evaluated for a period of 14 days on alloxan induced diabetic rabbits. (ajptr.com)
- Experiments were performed to compare the effects of cholesterol feeding in (a) control rabbits, (b) alloxan-diabetic rabbits, and (c) rabbits injected with alloxan while the pancreas was temporarily occluded from the circulation. (2keto.com)
- The alloxan-diabetic rabbits consumed significantly higher quantities of cholesterol and food and had serum cholesterol and lipoprotein concentrations significantly increased over the control levels. (2keto.com)
- In 1949 it was discovered (Duff & McMillan " The effect of alloxan diabetes on experimental cholesterol atherosclerosis in the rabbit " ) that Rabbits exposed to the chemical alloxan became rapidly diabetic, but they appeared to be protected against the progression of atherosclerosis when fed cholesterol. (2keto.com)
- Pre-diabetic Clinical Changes Induced by Low Doses of Alloxan-Streptozotocin Cocktail in Rabbits', Iranian Journal of Pathology , 9(2), pp. 197-112. (iranpath.org)
- Present investigation was aimed at studying pre-diabetic clinical changes induced by low doses of Alloxan-STZ cocktail in rabbits. (iranpath.org)
- Methods: New Zealand White rabbits, 1-1.5 kg body weight, were administered alloxan (@50 mg/kg b.w.) and STZ (@ 35mg/kg b.w.) cocktail, as single intravenous dose. (iranpath.org)
- Conclusion: Low dose Alloxan-STZ cocktail induced triphasic immediate response in rabbits. (iranpath.org)
- Mir SH, Darzi MM, Mir MS. Efﬁcacy of Abroma augusta on biochemical and histomorphological features of Alloxan-induced diabetic rabbits. (iranpath.org)
- Clinical and pathomorphological effects of alloxan induced acute hypoglycaemia in rabbits. (iranpath.org)
- The aim of our study was to evaluate the effect of Artemisia absinthium ( A. absinthium ) ethanol extract on alloxan-induced diabetic rats. (springer.com)
- Diabetes was induced in the Swiss albino mice by injecting alloxan at the dose of 150 mg/kg body weight and aqueous extract of Momordica charantia fruits at doses of 100 mg/kg body weight and 250 mg/kg body weight was administered orally for three weeks. (hindawi.com)
- The extract was screened for hypoglycemic activity in alloxan-induced diabetic rats (120 mg/kg, i.p.) at two dose levels, viz. (ijpsonline.com)
- The present study aimed to evaluate the protective effect of the ethanol leaves extract of C. scolymus in alloxan induced stress oxidant, hepatic-kidney dysfunction and histological changes in liver, kidney and pancreas of different experimental groups of rats. (biomedcentral.com)
- The anti-diabetic, antioxidant and anti-lipidemic activity of Salvadora persica leaf aqueous extract was tested in alloxan induced diabetic male rats. (alliedacademies.org)
- S. persica leaf aqueous extract has hypoglycaemic, antioxidant and hypolipidemic activity in alloxan induced diabetic male rats. (alliedacademies.org)
- Groups 2 - 5 were made diabetic using alloxan (150 mg/kg b.w in distil H 2 O). Except for groups 1 and 2, animals were gavaged at doses of 500 mg/kg b.w for the single dose of extract and 250 mg/kg for the combine extract treatment. (scirp.org)
- The methanolic extract of leaves of Turnera ulmifolia L was evaluated for its effect on blood glucose in alloxan-induced diabetic and euglycemic rats. (ac.ir)
- Extract at 400 mg/kg and glibenclamide significantly reduced blood glucose level in normal and alloxan-induced diabetic rats and raised the liver glycogen content significantly. (ac.ir)
- This study investigated the anti-diabetic effect of ethanolic bark extract of Khaya senegalensis in Alloxan-induced diabetic albino Wistar rats. (ijcmas.com)
- In conclusion, data generated from this study show that ethanolic bark extract of Khaya senegalensis possesses antihyperglycaemic activities in alloxan induced diabetic rats. (ijcmas.com)
- Saei H, Azarmi M, Dehghan G, Zehtab Salmasi S, Zeinali S. Hepatoprotective Effect of Ethanolic Extract of Lavandula officinalis L. in Alloxan-Induced Diabetic Rats, Thrita. (kowsarpub.com)
- The present study was conducted to determine the hepatoprotective activity of Lavandula officinalis L. ethanolic extract (LOE) in alloxan-induced diabetic rats. (kowsarpub.com)
- Bredleharm H. W. (2010) Effect of an Anti-diabetic extract of catharanthos on enzyme activities in Alloxan induced diabetic rats. (animalvetsci.org)
- We examined the effect of treatment of alloxan-diabetic rats with a lyophilised extract of Centaurea damascena Bioss. (elsevier.com)
- This study investigated the effect of the ethanolic extract of Chrysophyllum albidum stem bark (EECA) on alloxan-induced diabetic rats. (notulaebiologicae.ro)
- The oral treatment with the aqueous extract of Momordica cymbalaria fruit (MC) (0.5 g/kg) for 6 weeks showed a significant antihyperglycemic as well as antihyperlipidemic effects in the alloxan-induced diabetic rats. (qxmd.com)
- Effect of Seed Extract of Amomum Cardamomum on Renal Function in Alloxan Induced Diabetic Rats. (bvsalud.org)
- The present work was undertaken to investigation, the effect of ethanolic seed extract of Amomum cardamomum on blood urea nitrogen , creatinine , and uric acid in alloxan induced diabetic rats . (bvsalud.org)
- The current investigation focuses on the serum insulin augmentation, anti-hyperglycemic and anti-hyperlipidemic property of aqueous fruit extract of Momordica Charantia on alloxan induced diabetes in male albino rats. (ijprs.com)
- Other animals are only given extract, alloxan or vehicle control. (sysrevpharm.org)
- In the present study, we aimed to evaluate the effects of different fractions of heart wood of Pterocarpus marsupium on antioxidant enzyme like protein thiols and also check the efficacy of the extract for the protection of the renal function in alloxan induced diabetic rats. (elsevier.com)
- Four and 6 days after 3v, but not 4v, alloxan injection, alloxan-treated rats ate only 30% and their blood glucose area under the curve was only 28% of saline controls' after systemic 2-deoxy- d -glucose. (diabetesjournals.org)
- Alloxan-induced hyperglycemic mice were used to study the effects of P. eryngii on blood glucose, glycohemoglobin, insulin secretion, damaged pancreatic β-cells, total antioxidant status (TAOS), and hepatic glycogen in hyperglycemic mice. (begellhouse.com)
- Alloxan (150mg/kg) was used to induce diabetes in rats and the blood glucose levels were estimated by using glucometer. (crimsonpublishers.com)
- The present investigation was undertaken to study the antihyperglycemic effect of 'herbamed', a herbal formulation, on changes in blood glucose, plasma lipid profile and hepatic function test in alloxan-induced diabetic rats. (crimsonpublishers.com)
- arakta was investigated for its effect on blood glucose level in normal and alloxan induced diabetic rats. (rjptonline.org)
Diabetes in Rats3
- this study aims to evaluate the protective action of the guarana compound on the biochemical profile of alloxan-induced diabetes in rats. (isciii.es)
- After induction of diabetes in rats [by alloxan ], L-carnitine was administered by IM daily injection of 100 mg/Kg body weight for 3 weeks. (bvsalud.org)
- Alloxan-induced diabetes in rats and the effects of black caraway (Carum carvi L.) oil on their body weight. (notulaebiologicae.ro)
Fruit in alloxan induced diabetic rats2
- Kameswara RB, Renuka SP, Rajasekhar MD, Nagaraju N, Appa Rao CH. Hypoglycemic activity of Terminalia pallida fruit in alloxan induced diabetic rats. (degruyter.com)
- The present study was aimed to evaluate the anti diabetic activity of polyherbal formulation containing some bitter plant constituents like neem, methi, karela fruit, amla , jamun seeds, kavat fruit in alloxan induced diabetic rats. (journalijar.com)
- Forty male Wistar rats were induced to diabetes with a single dose intraperitoneal injection (i.p.) of alloxan (150 mg/kg body weight (b.w. (biomedcentral.com)
- Two weeks after alloxan injection, 3v tanycyte destruction was reversed along with restoration of feeding and hyperglycemic responses to both systemic and hindbrain glucoprivation. (diabetesjournals.org)
- Diabetes was induced in five rat groups by a single intraperitoneal injection of alloxan (150 mg/kg body weight). (springer.com)
- Induction was performed by intraperitoneal injection of alloxan 150 mg/kg. (isciii.es)
- Diabetes was induced by single intravenous injection of Alloxan (150 mg/kg).Oral administration of 250mg/kg and 500mg/kg crude powder of Berberis lycium root for four weeks resulted in significant reduction in total cholesterol, triglyceride and low density lipids (LDLs) levels. (ethnoleaflets.com)
- Ten days after the last injection of tamoxifen, alloxan (Sigma-Aldrich) was administered intraperitoneally to the mice at 60 mg/kg body weight. (nih.gov)
- These results suggest a significantly improved method - a twofold improvement over standard success rates with a two fold less mortality - of producing diabetic dogs by alloxan injection. (elsevier.com)
- We measured the glucose level using the Accu-Chek Advantage (Boehringer, Germany) at2, 12, and 24 hours after alloxan injection, and then weekly. (rjdnmd.org)
- Diabetes was induced by a single injection of alloxan (120 mg/kg). (ac.ir)
Mice with alloxan induced1
- In the present study, we investigated the role of TLR2 during the development of experimental deep dermatophytosis in normal mice and mice with alloxan-induced diabetes mellitus, an experimental model of diabetes that exhibits a delay in the clearance of the dermatophyte, Trichophyton mentagrophytes (Tm). (frontiersin.org)
Profile of alloxan-induced1
- This study was aimed at determining the dietary effects of quail eggs on blood sugar and lipid profile of alloxan induced diabetic rats. (alliedacademies.org)
Treatment of alloxan-diabetic1
- In contrast, treatment of alloxan-diabetic dogs (N = 3) by a GCIIS for 24 h revived some responsiveness of the glucagon, insulin, and somatostatin to glucose (1.3-11 mM) of the subsequently perfused pancreas. (diabetesjournals.org)
- Alloxan is, however, toxic to the liver and the kidneys in high doses. (wikipedia.org)
- The purpose of the present work was to investigate the activity of lipid peroxidation processes in the liver of rats with silica-induced granulomatous inflammation, alloxan diabetes and their combination. (scirp.org)
- We conclude that one of the possible mechanisms of the influence on silica granulomatous inflammation on the course of alloxan diabetes can be 1) a reduced LPO activity in liver cells at the lates stages of granulomagenesis process induced by a single dose of a suspension of silica microparticles and 2) a combined decrease in glucose production in the liver of alloxan diabetics rats. (scirp.org)
- The in vitro effects of alloxan and the product of its reduction dialuric acid (alone or in combination with copper ions) on lipid peroxidation, carbonyl content, GSH level and antioxidant enzyme activities in rat liver and kidney have been studied. (springer.com)
- This study evaluated the effects of alloxan on the kinetics properties of the δ-aminolevulinate dehydratase (δ-ALA-D) using mouse liver homogenates. (springer.com)
- Glutamine synthetase and gamma-glutamyltransferase activities of brain and liver homogenates of rats suffering from alloxan diabetes were determined in the soluble fraction (fraction 1) and in that obtained after treatment with 0.2 percent deoxycholate (fraction 2). (meta.org)
- Rusina I.M., Makarchikov A.F., Makar E.A., Kubyshin V.L., Nucleoside-5'-triphosphate hydrolysis in the liver and kidney of rats with chronic alloxan diabetes, Biomeditsinskaya khimiya, 2006, vol: 52(4), 364-369. (msk.ru)
- It also showed a beneficial effect on the lipid profile and liver function test in alloxan induced diabetic rats. (crimsonpublishers.com)
- The results are consistent with the idea that the B-cytotoxicity of alloxan reflects an interaction with intracellular sites involved in the oxidative metabolism of the B-cell. (portlandpress.com)
- Abstract Alloxan and streptozotocin are widely used to induce experimental diabetes in animals. (omicsonline.org)
- Alexandrova, A., Kirkova, M., Russanov, E. (1998) In vitro effects of alloxan-vanadium combination on lipid peroxidation and on antioxidant enzyme activity. (springer.com)
- It may be concluded from the present study that antioxidant micronutrient improve some haematological and antioxidant indices and reduce lipid peroxidation in alloxan-induced diabetic rats. (ajol.info)
- The present work aimed to study the role of L- carnitine supplementation on glucose and lipid metabolism as well as to study its antioxidant effect in alloxan -induced diabetic rats . (bvsalud.org)
- Potentilla fulgens (Rosaceae) root traditionally used as a folk remedy by local health practitioners of Khasi Hills, Meghalaya was investigated for its effects on lipid peroxidation and antioxidant status in alloxan-induced diabetic mice. (jbclinpharm.org)
- Most studies have shown that alloxan is not toxic to the human beta-cell, even in very high doses, probably because of differing glucose uptake mechanisms in humans and rodents. (wikipedia.org)
- To do this, we used alloxan, which pharmacologically inhibits GK activity at low doses ( 19 , 20 ), but induces cell death at higher concentrations, presumably through the production of reactive oxygen radicals ( 21 , 22 ). (diabetesjournals.org)
- Because there have been conflicting studies implicating the hypothalamus ( 28 - 31 ) or hindbrain ( 18 , 32 , 33 ) as primary mediators of the CRR to glucose deficit, we also compared the effects of toxic doses of alloxan administered into the third ventricle (3v) versus the fourth ventricle (4v) on glucoprivic CRRs. (diabetesjournals.org)
- These were noted with both low and high doses of alloxan in rats. (ipicture.mobi)
- The rats that were nondiabetic after initial dose of alloxan showed no impairments in oral glucose tolerance test and remained resistant to two subsequent doses of alloxan injected monohydratf 1 week interval. (ipicture.mobi)
- Quail eggs were administered to thirty six (36) alloxan induced diabetic rats, which were divided into nine (9) different groups of four (4) rats each per group at varied doses for a duration of seven (7), fourteen (14) and twenty one (21) days. (alliedacademies.org)
- Alloxan is a toxic glucose analogue, which selectively destroys insulin-producing cells in the pancreas (that is, beta cells) when administered to rodents and many other animal species. (wikipedia.org)
- Alloxan is selectively toxic to insulin-producing pancreatic beta cells because it preferentially accumulates in beta cells through uptake via the GLUT2 glucose transporter. (wikipedia.org)
- Furthermore, alloxan inhibits glucokinase, a SH-containing protein essential for insulin secretion induced by glucose. (wikipedia.org)
- Using the isolated, perfused pancreas of dogs with moderate, untreated alloxan diabetes of 4 days duration, we found that 5 mM arginine (N = 4) and 5 mM calcium (N = 4) stimulated D- and A-cell secretion, whereas an increment in glucose from 1.3 to 11 mM (N = 4) had no effect on islet hormone secretion. (diabetesjournals.org)
- In the pancreas from untreated alloxan-diabetic dogs, acute infusion of large amounts of insulin (25 mU/ml) in vitro simultaneously with an elevation of perfusate glucose from 1.3 to 11 mM failed to restore the glucose sensitivity. (diabetesjournals.org)
- Islets exposed to 2m m -alloxan and control islets had the same endogenous respiration, whereas the O 2 uptake of the alloxan-treated islets was inhibited and that of the control islets stimulated when they were incubated with 28m m -glucose as an exogenous substrate. (portlandpress.com)
- The islet glucose oxidation was estimated by measurement of the formation of 14 CO 2 from [U- 14 C]glucose at 37°C. Compared with the controls, alloxan-treated islets showed a decrease in the glucose-oxidation rate in a dose-dependent manner. (portlandpress.com)
- Alloxan (2m m ) failed to affect islet glucoseutilization rate in the presence of either 2.8 or 28m m -glucose. (portlandpress.com)
- In contrast, islets exposed to 5 or 10m m -alloxan exhibited lowered glucose utilization. (portlandpress.com)
- It is concluded that in vitro alloxan has an acute inhibitory effect on the islet glucose metabolism, and that this action can be prevented by previous exposure to a high glucose concentration. (portlandpress.com)
- Ishibashi, F., Howard, B. V. (1981) Alloxan and H 2 O 2 action on glucose metabolisis in cultured fibroblasts. (springer.com)
- We found that chronic liraglutide treatment improved glucose tolerance and insulin response to oral glucose load.Thirty-day treatment with liraglutide resulted in a 2-fold higher mass of pancreatic beta cells than that in vehicle group.Liraglutide reduced oxidative stress in pancreatic islet cells of alloxan-induced diabetic mice. (nih.gov)
- Hearts from normal and alloxan diabetic rats were perfused in vitro with a bicarbonate-buffered medium containing glucose. (rupress.org)
- Importance of the GLUT2 glucose transporter for pancreatic beta cell toxicity of alloxan. (notulaebiologicae.ro)
- Elsner M, Tiedge M, Guldbakke B, Munday R, Lenzen S. Importance of the GLUT2 glucose transporter for pancreatic beta cell toxicity of alloxan. (iranpath.org)
- Hypoglycemic activity of different fractions of Chrysophyllum albidum root bark in normal and alloxan diabetic rats. (notulaebiologicae.ro)
- In vitro experiments reveal that genistein improves islet cell survival and proliferation and facilitates insulin production after alloxan injury. (chiro.org)
- The present in vitro results, concerning the metal dependence of the effects of alloxan and dialuric acid, are a premise for in vivo study of alloxan effects in metal-loaded animals. (springer.com)
- Therefore, this work showed that the inhibition of hepatic δ-ALA-D activity can be obtained in vitro at low micromolar levels of alloxan, and can also be prevented by reducing agents. (springer.com)
- Results: Alloxan, which was a drug that caused diabetes mellitus, mostly generated hydrogen peroxide by the reaction of alloxan and reduced glutathione, in vitro. (elsevier.com)
- 0.05) reduced when compared to the alloxan induced diabetic rats. (journalcra.com)
- The diabetogenic compound alloxan significantly increased superoxide production in a concentration-dependent manner. (aspetjournals.org)
- Alloxan alone drastically inhibited the Rb+ accumulation and significantly decreased the frequency of cells excluding Trypan Blue. (portlandpress.com)
- Glibenclamide was effective in significantly reducing the alloxan-induced hyperglycaemia. (elsevier.com)
- The use of alloxan and streptozotocin in experimental diabetes models / Deneysel Diyabet Modellerinde Alloksan ve Streptozotosin Kullanimi. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Despite the known effects of alloxan in models of experimental diabetes, there are no data in the literature demonstrating the effects of alloxan on the kinetics properties of the δ-ALA-D. The results showed that alloxan (1.25-20 μM) caused a concentration-dependent inhibition of hepatic δ-ALA-D activity. (springer.com)
- Induction of alloxan/streptozotocin diabetes in dogs: A revised experimental technique. (iranpath.org)
Rats with alloxan2
- consumption of guarana (Paullinia cupana) by male Wistar Furth rats with alloxan induced diabetes without treatment had a beneficial effect on hepatic and renal function parameters, and raises the possibility of being used as supportive therapy in the treatment of diabetes. (isciii.es)
- Martikian A.R., Vartanian G.S., Karagezian K.G., Fatty acid composition and lipid peroxidation in brain microsomes of albino rats with alloxan diabetes, Voprosy meditsinskoi khimii, 1985, vol: 31(3), 86-87. (msk.ru)
Reaction of alloxan1
- Cytochrome c was reduced when superoxide was generated from xanthine oxidase in the presence of alloxan, and by the reaction of alloxan and with reduced glutathione. (biochemj.org)
Toxicity of alloxan1
- mediate the diabetogenic toxicity of alloxan. (portlandpress.com)
Mechanism of alloxan2
- The aim of this study was to investigate the protective effect of cordymin on diabetic osteopenia in alloxan-induced diabetic rats and the possible mechanisms involved. (nih.gov)
- Superoxide production in the isolated rabbit aorta and the effect of alloxan, indomethacin and nitrovasodilators. (aspetjournals.org)
- Nitroprusside inhibited alloxan-stimulated production of superoxide, but minoxidil had no effect, suggesting different mechanisms of action for these drugs. (aspetjournals.org)
- The cyclooxygenase inhibitor indomethacin had no effect on the production of superoxide stimulated by alloxan, demonstrating that superoxide production induced by this compound is not affected by mechanisms involving cyclooxygenase. (aspetjournals.org)
- Alloxan and dialuric acid, as well as their combinations with Fe 3+ had no effect on the total GSH level. (springer.com)
- Therefore, in terms of the effect of TCTS for HDL-C and serum insulin level, TCTS might be has a lipid lowering effect on the alloxan-induced diabetic rats. (scitechnol.com)
- Effect of chronic intramuscular administration of low molecular weight heparin-collagen complex on hemostatic indices and development of alloxan-induced diabetes]. (bvsalud.org)
- Effect of triterpenoids of Bouvardia terniflora on blood sugar levels of normal and alloxan diabetic mice. (bvsalud.org)
- To test the effect of insulin treatment on the pharmacokinetics of metformin in rats with diabetes mellitus induced by alloxan (DMIA rats). (ualberta.ca)
- There is no report available in the literature for the anti-diabetic effect of 'herbamed' in alloxan-induced diabetic rats. (crimsonpublishers.com)
- Thus, from this study we concluded that Momordica charantia exhibited significant antihyperglycemic and rejuvenating capacity of kidney tissues activities in alloxan induced diabetic mice. (hindawi.com)
- Alloxan-induced diabetic male Sprague-Dawley rats were randomly divided into 5 groups (10 rats per group) and treated with saline, vehicle, and 3 different dosages of genistein by daily gavage. (chiro.org)
- Result showed decreased immunoreactivity to GRP in the sub mucosal neurons of the stomach and small intestine in alloxan-diabetic Sprague Dawley rats. (thescipub.com)
- It is possible to conclude that oral administration of Moringa stenopetala (Baker f.) aqueous leaf extracts (250mg/kg and 500mg/kg) for 28 days showed beneficial effects on antihyperglycemia, improved body weight and Alloxan damaged pancreatic β-cells, and restored biochemical changes. (dovepress.com)
- The cytotoxic action of both these diabetogenic agents is mediated by reactive oxygen species, however, the source of their generation is different in the case of alloxan and streptozotocin. (omicsonline.org)
- Background & Objectives: Alloxan & streptozotocin are used for inducing diabetic models. (iranpath.org)
- Lenzen S. The mechanisms of alloxan- and streptozotocin-induced diabetes. (iranpath.org)
- Furthermore, it?s clinical improvement and/or increased survival rates in alloxan-induced diabetic rats were evident and it was found superior to glibenclamide. (omicsonline.org)
- Sixty diabetic mice were divided equally into 5 groups: the alloxan (AX)-induced hyperglycemic group, the AX and glibenclamide (GLI)−treated group, the AX and P. eryngii extracts (PEEs) 50−treated group (PEE 50 mg/kg), the AX and PEE100−treated group (PEE 100 mg/kg), and the AX and PEE200−treated group (PEE 200 mg/kg). (begellhouse.com)
- Alloxan and the product of its reduction, dialuric acid, establish a redox cycle with the formation of superoxide radicals. (omicsonline.org)
- Superoxide dismutase-inhibitible reduction of cytochrome c by the alloxan radical. (biochemj.org)
- This indicates that the superoxide dismutase-inhibitible cytochrome c reduction was mainly due to a direct reaction with the alloxan radical, and implies that other reactions that are inhibited by superoxide dismutase could be due to either alloxan radicals or superoxide. (biochemj.org)
- Alloxan, in the presence of intracellular thiols, generates reactive oxygen species (ROS) in a cyclic reaction with its reduction product, dialuric acid. (wikipedia.org)
- The effects of Cu 2+ /alloxan and Cu 2+ /dialuric acid were compared with those of Fe 3+ /alloxan and Fe 3+ /dialuric acid. (springer.com)
- Drugs and chemicals used such as Alloxan, metformin, Tris-HCl buffer and sodium chloride were obtained from Sigma-Aldrich (St. Louis, MO, USA. (crimsonpublishers.com)
- Methods: Alloxan-induced diabetic rats? (omicsonline.org)
- Because it selectively kills the insulin-producing beta-cells found in the pancreas, alloxan is used to induce diabetes in laboratory animals. (wikipedia.org)
- The islets were incubated with alloxan for 30min at 4°C and subsequently various aspects of their metabolism were studied. (portlandpress.com)
- AlarconA FJ, Roman RR, Flores S JL, Aguirre GF (2002) Investigation on the hypoglycaemic effects of extracts of four Mexican medicinal plants in normal and alloxan-diabetic mice. (springer.com)
- This study reports the effects of niacin supplementation in alloxan induced diabetic rats divided into five groups. (nih.gov)
- or singlet oxygen were added to the incubation medium and tested for their ability to protect against these effects of alloxan. (portlandpress.com)
- Here we clarify the effects of the human GLP-1 analog liraglutide on beta cell fate and function by using an inducible Cre/loxP-based pancreatic beta cell tracing system and alloxan-induced diabetic mice. (nih.gov)
- Hence, the aim of the present study was designed to compare the possible therapeutic effects of Channa punctatus bile content against Alloxan induced diabetic rats. (journalcra.com)
- This study was undertaken to evaluate the anti-hyperglycemic and antihyperlipidemic effects of cornelian cherry (Cornus mas L., CM) fruits - that are rich in anthocyanins and known to have medicinal properties- in alloxan-induced diabetic rats. (ac.ir)
- In addition, alloxan has a high affinity to SH-containing cellular compounds and, as a result, reduces glutathione content. (wikipedia.org)
- Selective uptake of alloxan by pancreatic B-cells. (iranpath.org)
- This causes an insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (called "alloxan diabetes") in these animals, with characteristics similar to type 1 diabetes in humans. (wikipedia.org)