A new alkali-resistant hemoglobin alpha2J Oxford gammaF2 in a Sicilian baby girl with homozygous beta0 thalassemia. (1/541)A 10-mo-old baby girl with homozygous beta0 thalassemia and alphaJOxford, presenting the clinical picture of homozygous beta thalassemia is described. Hemoglobin electrophoresis showed three bands: the first two with the mobilities of hemoglobin Hb A2 (1%) and Hb F (69%), respectively, the third migrating a little faster than Hb A (30%). About 30% of her alpha chains were J Oxford which, bound to her gamma chains, produced a new alkali-resistant hemoglobin, alpha2 J Oxford gamma F2, which has not been described previously. Hemoglobin synthesis in vitro showed the absence of beta chain synthesis and an alpha/non-alpha ratio of 2. The patient's father was heterozygous for both the Hb J Oxford and beta0 thalassemia genes, the mother a carrier of beta0 thalassemia; four other relatives were carriers of Hb J Oxford, and one was a carrier of beta thalassemia. (+info)
Alkali-treated collagen retained the triple helical conformation and the ligand activity for the cell adhesion via alpha2beta1 integrin. (2/541)Alkaline treatment is a good method for extracting collagen with high recovery even from an aged animal specimen. However, the properties of collagen treated under alkaline conditions have not been well established yet. By the treatment with a solution of 3% sodium hydroxide and 1.9% monomethylamine, the isoelectric point of type I collagen was lowered from 9.3 to 4.8 because of the conversions of Asn and Gln to Asp and Glu. With the acidification of the pI, the denaturation temperature of the collagen was decreased from 42 to 35 degrees C after 20 d treatment, but the collagen-specific triple helical conformation was maintained. Human keratinocytes and fibroblasts adhered to the alkali-treated collagen via the collagen receptor integrin alpha2beta1. This indicates that the alkali-treated collagen maintained its property as a biological adherent molecule. Unlike acid-soluble collagen, alkali-treated collagen lost the ability to form fibrils at neutral pH under physiological conditions. This ability was lost even after 4 h of alkaline treatment, when the denaturation temperature of the collagen did not change. On the other hand, the alkali-treated collagen formed a fibrous precipitate with a uniform diameter of 50-70 nm under acidic conditions at 30 degrees C. (+info)
Meningitis caused by an alkali-producing pseudomonad. (3/541)The clinical and microbiological features of a case of meningitis, due to an alkali-producing pseudomonad which closely resembles Pseudomonas pseudoalcaligenes, are described. A respiratory infection and a course of antibiotic therapy before admission to hospital may have been predisposing factors to opportunistic infection by this normally saprophytic organism. The problems of identifying alkali-producing pseudomonads are discussed. (+info)
Replication of African swine fever virus DNA in infected cells. (4/541)We have examined the ultrastructural localization of African swine fever virus DNA in thin-sections of infected cells by in situ hybridization and autoradiography. Virus-specific DNA sequences were found in the nucleus of infected Vero cells at early times in the synthesis of the viral DNA, forming dense foci localized in proximity to the nuclear membrane. At later times, the viral DNA was found exclusively in the cytoplasm. Electron microscopic autoradiography of African swine fever virus-infected macrophages showed that the nucleus is also a site of viral DNA replication at early times. These results provide further evidence of the existence of nuclear and cytoplasmic stages in the synthesis of African swine fever virus DNA. On the other hand, alkaline sucrose sedimentation analysis of the replicative intermediates synthesized in the nucleus and cytoplasm of infected macrophages showed that small DNA fragments ( approximately 6-12S) were synthesized in the nucleus at an early time, whereas at later times, larger fragments of approximately 37-49S were labeled in the cytoplasm. Pulse-chase experiments demonstrated that these fragments are precursors of the mature cross-linked viral DNA. The formation of dimeric concatemers, which are predominantly head-to-head linked, was observed by pulsed-field electrophoresis and restriction enzyme analysis at intermediate and late times in the replication of African swine fever virus DNA. Our findings suggest that the replication of African swine fever virus DNA proceeds by a de novo start mechanism with the synthesis of small DNA fragments, which are then converted into larger size molecules. Ligation or further elongation of these molecules would originate a two-unit concatemer with dimeric ends that could be resolved to generate the genomic DNA by site-specific nicking, rearrangement, and ligation as has been proposed in the de novo start model of Baroudy et al. (B. M. Baroudy, S. Venkatesam, and B. Moss, 1982, Cold Spring Harbor Symp. Quant. Biol. 47, 723-729) for the replication of vaccinia virus DNA. (+info)
Isolation and characterization of proteoglycans from human follicular fluid. (5/541)Two proteoglycans differing in size and composition were isolated from human follicular fluid. The larger one of high density had a molecular mass of 3.0x10(6) Da, as determined by laser light-scattering, and was substituted with 15-20 chondroitin sulphate (CS) chains (Mr 60000-65000). Half of the CS disaccharides were 6-sulphated, whereas the remaining ones were non-sulphated. Digestion of the CS proteoglycan with chondroitinase ABC lyase, followed by SDS/PAGE, yielded a protein core of 600 to 700 kDa including substituted oligosaccharides, and a band of 70 kDa that was identified as the heavy-chain component of the inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor (ITI). Western blotting of the CS proteoglycan showed that this had reactivity with antibodies raised against human versican. Electron microscopy (EM) of the CS proteoglycan also revealed a versican-like structure, with one globular domain at each end of a long extended segment substituted with CS side chains, as well as a structure interpreted as being the heavy chain of ITI attached to CS chains. Laser light-scattering revealed that the smaller proteoglycan had a molecular mass of 1. 1x10(6) Da, and EM demonstrated that it had a globular-protein core structure. The core protein, which showed immunological reactivity with perlecan antibodies, was substituted with approximately seven heparan sulphate (HS) and CS chains of similar size (50-55 kDa), the CS disaccharides being mainly 6-sulphated (68%), with a small proportion being 4-sulphated. The protein core was shown to be heterogeneous, with bands occurring at 215, 330 and 400 kDa after enzymic degradation of the glycosaminoglycan chains followed by SDS/PAGE analysis. The demonstration of intact molecules and fragments obtained after stepwise degradations, as shown by gel chromatography, supported a 'composite' structure of this proteoglycan. (+info)
Isolation and properties of Enterococcus hirae mutants defective in the potassium/proton antiport system. (6/541)A K+/H+ antiporter regulates cytoplasmic pH in Enterococcus hirae growing at alkaline pH. Mutants defective in this antiport activity were alkaline pH sensitive. One mutant, Pop1, lacked both K+/methylamine exchange at pH 9.5 and concomitant acidification of cytoplasmic pH. Pop1 grew well at pHs below 8 but did not at pHs above 9, conditions under which cytoplasmic pH was not fully acidified. (+info)
Interaction of collagen molecules from the aspect of fibril formation: acid-soluble, alkali-treated, and MMP1-digested fragments of type I collagen. (7/541)Collagen type I extracted with acid or digested with pepsin forms fibrils under physiological conditions, but this ability is lost when the collagen is treated with alkaline solution or digested with matrix metalloproteinase 1 (MMP1). When acid-soluble collagen was incubated with alkali-treated collagen, the fibril formation of acid-soluble collagen was inhibited. At 37 degrees C, at which alkali-treated collagen is denatured, the lag time was prolonged but the growth rate of fibrils was not affected. At 30 degrees C, at which the triple helical conformation of alkali-treated collagen is retained, the lag time was prolonged and the growth rate reduced. Heat-denatured alkali-treated collagen and MMP1-digested fragments have no inhibitory effect on the fibril formation of acid-soluble collagen. This means that the triple helical conformation and the molecular length are important factors in the interaction of collagen molecules and that alkali-treated collagen acts as a competitive inhibitor for fibril formation of collagen. We found that alkali-treated collagen and MMP1-digested fragments form fibrils that lack the D periodic banding pattern and twisted morphology under acidic conditions at the appropriate ionic strength. We also calculated the relative strengths of hydrophobic and electrostatic interactions between collagen molecules. When the hydrophobic interaction between linear collagen molecules was considered, we found a pattern of periodic maximization of the interactive force including the D period. On the other hand, the electrostatic interaction did not show the periodic pattern, but the overall interaction score affected fibril formation. (+info)
Analysis of the in vivo interaction between a basic repressor and an acidic activator. (8/541)The artificial basic repressor SSB24 represses transcription of a reporter construct activated by GCN4. We show that the positively charged SSB24 and the negatively charged acidic activator GCN4 interact in vitro and in vivo. However, deleting the interaction domain from the GCN4 activator does not result in loss of repression by SSB24. Similarly, transcription activated by the holoenzyme component SRB2 is repressed, although SSB24 and SRB2 do not interact. Repression by SSB24 therefore does not depend on the observed protein-protein interaction between SSB24 and GCN4. (+info)
... , Define Alkali at Dictionary.com. Dictionary.reference.com. Retrieved on 2012-04-18. alkali - definition of alkali by ... Alkalis are usually defined as a subset of the bases. One of two subsets is commonly chosen. A basic salt of an alkali metal or ... ashes of the saltwort') is a basic, ionic salt of an alkali metal or an alkaline earth metal. An alkali can also be defined as ... The word "alkali" is derived from Arabic al qalīy (or alkali), meaning the calcined ashes (see calcination), referring to the ...
Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Limited
Deepak Nitrite "Guj Alkali Share Price, Guj Alkali Stock Price, Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd. Stock Price, Share Price, ... Alkalies & Chem - NDTV". www.ndtv.com. Archived from the original on 21 April 2021. Retrieved 21 April 2021. "Gujarat Alkalies ... Live BSE/NSE, Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd. Bids Offers. Buy/Sell Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd. news & tips, & F&O ... "GACL-NALCO Alkalies & Chemicals Pvt. Ltd". www.gnal.co.in. Retrieved 22 April 2021. Mazumdar, Rakhi. "NALCO, GACL form JV to ...
Look up alkali in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Alkali is a specific type of chemical base. Alkali may refer to: Alkali, ... "Alkali", the NATO reporting name of the Kaliningrad K-5 air-to-air missile Akali (disambiguation) Alkali Falls, Oregon Alkali ... Nevada, United States, a ghost town Alkali Lake (disambiguation) An island in Lake Abaya, Ethiopia Ibrahim Alkali (born 1940), ... This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Alkali. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to ...
Mohammed Idris Alkali". BBC News Pidgin. 26 October 2018. Retrieved 28 July 2021. "General Alkali to get befitting burial, says ... Alkali's Murder Case". Daily Trust Newspaper. Retrieved 28 July 2021. "Gen Alkali: Justice Ashom Takes Over Murder Trial". ... On 5 September 2018, wife of Alkali, Salamatu Alkali raised an alarm and drew the attention of the Nigerian Army over the ... Alkali was of the Nigeria Army Armour Corps and became a major general in 2014. He has served as commandant of the Nigerian ...
... , also known as Alkali Point, is a set of widely scattered archaeological remains of the earliest forms of Puebloan ... "At Alkali Ridge there are faint marks of an ancient road, likely a trade route that connected this settlement to trading and ... BLM page on the Alkali Ridge area (Articles using NRISref without a reference number, Use mdy dates from November 2022, ... 2012). "Alkali Ridge". SAH Archipedia. Charlottesville: University of Virginia Press. Society of Architectural Historians. ...
... currently lives in Keffi. She was married to late Professor Nur Alkali. The marriage is blessed with six children ... To date, Zaynab Alkali has won over 40 awards. With literary success came professional development. Zaynab Alkali took up an ... Zaynab Alkali is a shining example of what can be achieved with dedication and hard work. She has not only honed her talent, ... Alkali was born in Tura-Wazila in Borno State in 1950. She graduated from Bayero University Kano with a BA in 1973. She ...
Alkali Bests Broncho Billy (1912) Alkali Ike's Pants (1912) Alkali Ike's Misfortune (1913) Alkali Ike's Gal (1913) Alkali Ike ... Alkali Ike's Auto (1911) Alkali Ike's Motorcycle (1912) Alkali Ike Plays the Devil (1912) Alkali Ike's Boarding House (1912) ... There is a song titled "Alkali Ike Rag". Baseball player Grover Cleveland Alexander was nicknamed "Alkali Pete" by combining ... Alkali Ike is a series of short comedy films released during the silent film era by Essanay Studios and later by Universal ...
The difference between a basic salt and an alkali is that an alkali is the soluble hydroxide compound of an alkali metal or an ... These salts may include: alkali metasilicates alkali metal hydroxides Sodium carbonate Sodium Bicarbonate Examples of other ... Alkali salts or basic salts are salts that are the product of incomplete neutralization of a strong base and a weak acid. ... Rather than being neutral (as some other salts), alkali salts are bases as their name suggests. What makes these compounds ...
ISBN 978-1-59271-388-2 USEPA Region 2 Superfund: Diamond Alkali, Newark, NJ "Diamond Alkali Superfund Site". Archived from the ... "DIAMOND ALKALI CO. Site Profile". Superfund Site: Diamond Alkali Company Newark NJ Cleanup Progress (retrieved 12/1/2020) " ... In 1967, Diamond Alkali and Shamrock Oil and Gas merged to form the Diamond Shamrock Corporation. Diamond Shamrock would go on ... Diamond Alkali Company was an American chemical company incorporated in 1910 in West Virginia by a group of glass industry ...
The waters of Alkali Falls are located in the heart of Alkali Meadows. The waterfall is upstream of Alkali Creek, a narrow ... List of waterfalls in Oregon "Alkali Falls". World Waterfall Database. Retrieved 5 May 2017. Alkali Creek Falls Trail #1055 ... Alkali Falls, is a multi-step waterfall of 6 tiers located in the east side of the Rogue-Umpqua Divide Wilderness, just west of ... It totals 510 feet (160 m) fall in six drops, the Upper Alkali and tallest drop is 130 feet (40 m), making it one of the ...
... is the process by which an alkali is made. Typical alkalis, produced commercially, include sodium hydroxide ... The profit made upon the chlorine produced has to make up for the loss on the alkali. The ammonia-soda process was first ... Most of the British alkali works are situated in South Lancashire and the adjoining part of Cheshire, near the mouth of the ... A number of processes have been proposed for the manufacture of alkali from various metals, the most common being the Leblanc ...
Alkali, or Alkaline, soils are clay soils with high pH (greater than 8.5), a poor soil structure and a low infiltration ... Thus alkali lands deterioration can be checked by cultivating barilla plants which can serve as food source, biomass fuel and ... Thus alkali soils adsorb / consume more urea compared to other soils. To reclaim the soils completely one needs prohibitively ... It is difficult to survive in alkali soils for the trees with deeper rooting system which can be more than 60 meters deep in ...
Alkali was given the traditional title of Sarduana of Gumel. After taking his seat in the Senate in June 1999, Alkali was ... Alkali had not stated which party platform he would run on, but a spokesman for the Jigawa State chapter of the PDP said they ... Alkali aspired to be PDP candidate for Jigawa State governor in 2007, but the party selected Sule Lamido in his place, and ... Alkali was born on 17 January 1950 at Gumel town, in Gumel local government area of Jigawa state. He was an Agricultural ...
... is chemically classified as a rock in region B (basalt) of the total alkali versus silica (TAS) diagram that ... Alkali basalt is characterized by relatively high alkali (Na2O and K2O) content relative to other basalts and by the presence ... Alkali basalt or alkali olivine basalt is a dark-colored, porphyritic volcanic rock usually found in oceanic and continental ... Continental alkali basalt can be found in every continent, with prominent examples being the Rio Grande Rift (USA), the East ...
... s have three body segments, three pairs of legs, a pair of antennae and a pair of compound eyes, and two pairs of ... The alkali bee is about two-thirds the size of a honeybee with black and metallic banding on the abdomen. Females have, but ... The alkali bee, Nomia melanderi, is a ground-nesting bee native to deserts and semi-arid desert basins of the western United ... While solitary, alkali bees frequently nest in high densities. Females lay 1 to 2 eggs a day, and spend most of the day ...
... the neutral alkali metal atom (M), diatomic alkali metal molecules (M2) and alkali metal anions (M−). These are unstable and ... Caesium, the fifth alkali metal, is the most reactive of all the metals. All the alkali metals react with water, with the ... The heavier alkali metals are also less abundant than the lighter ones as the alkali metals from rubidium onward can only be ... The trivial name "alkali metals" comes from the fact that the hydroxides of the group 1 elements are all strong alkalis when ...
An alkali sink is a salty basin land form. The term may also refer to a North American desert vegetation type (biome) ... It is generally below the saltbrush scrub vegetation type, which is typified by less salt tolerant species than alkali sink ...
The alkali hydroxides are a class of chemical compounds which are composed of an alkali metal cation and the hydroxide anion ( ... The solubility increases down the column as the alkali metal ions become larger and the lattice enthalpies decrease. All alkali ... A vigorous reaction occurs, producing hydrogen gas and the specific alkali hydroxide. For example, if sodium is the alkali ... Alkali hydroxides are formed in the reaction between alkali metals and water. A typical school demonstration demonstrates what ...
Alkali is a ghost town located in Esmeralda County, Nevada. Alkali is the site of Alkali Hot Spring, which was operated as a ... The spring is reported to contain lithium, though the surface of nearby Alkali Flat (Alkali Lake ) does not. In 2018, RAM Power ... "Alkali Hot Springs Site Description" (PDF). Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology. 2014. Retrieved 27 Jul 2018. Malmgren, Betty ( ... U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Alkali Lake Albers, J. P; Stewart, J. H. (1972). "Geology and ...
... including Alkali Park, the Wyandotte Alkalis' home ballpark. In their first season of play, the 1912 Wyandotte Alkalis won the ... The Wyandotte Alkalis played 1912 and 1913 home minor league games at Alkali Park. The ballpark was reported to have opened on ... The Wyandotte Alkalis played their final season in 1913. Beginning play on May 24, 1913, the Alkalis placed 2nd in the 1913 the ... The Wyandotte Alkalis were a minor league baseball team based in Wyandotte, Michigan. In 1912 and 1913, the Alkalis, named for ...
... may refer to: A soda lake or "alkaline lake" (a lake with high alkalinity) Alkali Lake, British Columbia Alkali ... airport in Oregon Alkali Lake in Blaine County, Montana Alkali Lake in Lincoln County, Montana Alkali Lake in Glacier County, ... Montana Alkali Lake in Toole County, Montana Alkali Lake (Lander and Pershing counties, Nevada), a lake in Nevada Alkali Lake, ... playas in northeastern California Alkali Lake Chemical Waste Dump, hazardous waste disposal site in Oregon Alkali Lake, a playa ...
Air Commodore Ibrahim Alkali was a Military Governor of Kwara State from October 1987 to December 1989 during the military ...
Citric acid does not alkalinize urine as alkali citrate does. Alkali citrate replaces the protons with a non-acid positively ... Alkali citrate (also known as alkaline citrate) is an inhibitor of kidney stones. It is used to increase urine citrate levels ... Oral alkali supplementation can also slow the rate of kidney function decline and "potentially reduce the risk of end stage ... Hauser, W.; Frick, J.; Kunit, G. (1990). "Alkali citrate for preventing recurrence of calcium oxalate stones". European Urology ...
... can be caused by the excessive intake of calcium and absorbable alkali. Sources of calcium and alkali ... Milk-alkali syndrome (MAS), also referred to as calcium-alkali syndrome, is the third most common cause of hypercalcemia. Milk- ... In the 1900s, the mortality rate of people with milk-alkali syndrome was found to be 4.4%. The use of milk and alkali to treat ... People with milk-alkali syndrome commonly show signs of renal dysfunction, a hallmark symptom of milk-alkali syndrome, at early ...
Alkali Lake (Oregon)
Alkali Lake State Airport US Fish & Wildlife Service website McArthur, p. 10 "Alkali Lake: 6/24/2003". "ALKALI LAKE, OR (350118 ... Alkali Lake is a geographic sink in Lake County, Oregon, United States. It is in the Alkali Subbasin of the Summer Lake Basin ... Alkali Lake is thought to have reached a prehistoric maximum depth of 270.7 feet (82.5 meters) and covered about 1448.4 square ... Alkali Lake Chemical Waste Dump. Plants known to occur in the dunes immediately north of the lake include: Buckwheat Family ...
Alkali Ike's Auto
The film is the first in the "Alkali Ike" series. Augustus Carney as Alkali Ike Harry Todd as Mustang Pete Margaret Joslin as ... Alkali Ike's Automobile". silentera. Retrieved December 13, 2012. Alkali Ike's Auto at IMDb v t e (Articles with short ... Alkali Ike's Auto is a 1911 American silent short comedy film directed by Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson. ...
Sa'idu Ahmed Alkali
... was born on 12 February 1969. He holds the honorary title of Sarkin Gabas Dukku. He obtained a Bachelor of ... Sa'idu Ahmed Alkali (born 12 February 1969) is a Nigerian politician who was elected Senator for the Gombe North constituency ... Alhaji Sa'idu Ahmed Alkali was formerly commissioner of information in the administration of Governor Danjuma Goje. After the ... "SEN.ALKALI SAIDU AHMED". National Assembly. Retrieved 2011-05-09. Aliyu M. Hamagam (19 August 2010). "As 15 parties battle for ...
Alkali Nassara Club
... is a Nigerien football club based in Zinder, a town approximately 14 hours east of the capital Niamey. The ... team competes in the Niger Premier League. Alkali Nassara Club on Facebook Team profile - soccerway.com v t e ...
Alkali Lakes (California)
Middle Alkali Lake is actually the highest at 4,478 ft (1,365 m) above sea level. Water will either flow south to Lower Alkali ... Upper Alkali Lake is often known simply as Upper Lake, and Lower Alkali Lake as Lower Lake. Although mostly located in Modoc ... Middle Alkali Lake is the largest by both surface area and drainage area. The total catchment of Middle Alkali Lake is 376 ... The Alkali Lakes are a series of three large playas located in the Surprise Valley of northeastern California, United States. ...
Alkali Canyon Formation
List of fossiliferous stratigraphic units in Oregon Paleontology in Oregon Alkali Canyon Formation at Fossilworks.org Alkali ... The Alkali Canyon Formation is a geologic formation in Oregon. It preserves fossils dating back to the Tortonian to Zanclean ...
Earnings Pataka: Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals
Varinder Bansal decodes the first quarter results of Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals. ... Earnings Pataka: Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals. In CNBC-TV18s special edition of Earnings Pataka, Varinder Bansal decodes ... the first quarter results of Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals.. first published: Jul 29, 2016 10:12 am ...
Alkali flat Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
... in which evaporation has concentrated alkali minerals, as sodium sulfates and carbonates. See more. ... Alkali flat definition, a level area, as a dry lake bed, ... alkali feldspar, alkali flat, alkalify, alkali grass, alkali- ... Words nearby alkali flat. alkalescent, alkali, alkali blue, alkalic, ... a level area, as a dry lake bed, in which evaporation has concentrated alkali minerals, as sodium sulfates and carbonates. ...
SR. MARKETER (CHLOR ALKALI)
Engineering Controls Database - Museums (Acids and Alkalis)
Museums (Acids and Alkalis). Problem:. Both acids and alkalis are corrosive, that is, they react with or "eat away" materials ... Acids and alkalis can not only eat away at metal and metal oxides, but also at materials like skin and lung tissue. This is the ... Strong acid/alkali should never be used without wearing eye protection such as safety glasses or a face shield. Other personal ... The severity of this corrosive action depends on the strength of the acid or alkali, the concentration of the chemical, the ...
C454 Standard Test Method for Disintegration of Carbon Refractories by Alkali
Significance and Use 2.1 The disintegration of carbon refractories by alkali attack at elevated temperatures is an important ... Standard Test Method for Disintegration of Carbon Refractories by Alkali. Standard Test Method for Disintegration of Carbon ... 1.1 This test method covers the behavior of carbon refractories when subjected to the action of an alkali at an elevated ... 2.1 The disintegration of carbon refractories by alkali attack at elevated temperatures is an important consideration in using ...
Samples from Alkali Earth Metals (6) in the Periodic Table
Project > Chlor-alkali process...
First, no chlor-alkali facility has ever been designed for brines with the composition of produced waters in the Williston ... Helping develop first chlor-alkali facility in North Dakota. Brines produced by oil- and gas-extraction activities, known as " ... Second, there is no precedent for a chlor-alkali facility in North Dakota, which means the regulatory environment is ... Barr has identified the state regulatory agencies that would be involved with permitting a chlor-alkali facility and is ...
Milk-alkali syndrome: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
Milk-alkali syndrome is a condition in which there is a high level of calcium in the body (hypercalcemia). This causes a shift ... Milk-alkali syndrome is a condition in which there is a high level of calcium in the body (hypercalcemia). This causes a shift ... Milk-alkali syndrome is almost always caused by taking too many calcium supplements, usually in the form of calcium carbonate. ... A high level of vitamin D in the body, such as from taking supplements, can worsen milk-alkali syndrome. ...
Difference between Alkalis and Bases - GeeksforGeeks
Water soluble bases are called alkalis while bases, which are not soluble in water, are not alkalis. Therefore, all alkalis are ... An alkali is a basic ionic salt of an alkali metal or an alkaline earth element in chemistry. A base that dissolves in water is ... Alkalis. Alkalis are chemical groups with a high pH. These compounds are essentially ubiquitous, and they have a wide range of ... The most important thing to remember about alkalis is that they are all bases, but not all bases are alkalis. ...
Alkali-free Concrete Additives Liquid Concrete Accelerator
... chlorine-free and alkali-free liquid accelerator developed by using a new synthetic technology of inorganic and organic ... Alkali-free concrete accelerator is a new generation, environmentally-friendly, ... 1. Introduction of Alkali-free concrete accelerator. Alkali-free concrete accelerator is a new generation, environmentally- ... 5. How to use Alkali-free concrete accelerator. Before using this agent, it is necessary to make a trial mix of the cement and ...
Sodium-silica gel, 35-40% alkali metal in silica gel, Stage II, Thermo | Fisher Scientific
1408.6417] Crystal structure search and electronic properties of alkali doped phenanthrene and picene
Abstract: Alkali doped aromatic compounds have shown evidence of metallic and superconducting phases whose precise nature is ... Title:Crystal structure search and electronic properties of alkali doped phenanthrene and picene. Authors:S. Shahab Naghavi, ... Download a PDF of the paper titled Crystal structure search and electronic properties of alkali doped phenanthrene and picene, ... Download a PDF of the paper titled Crystal structure search and electronic properties of alkali doped phenanthrene and picene, ...
PHONON ANHARMONICITY AND MICROWAVE ABSORPTION IN ALKALI HALIDE CRYSTALS,
Coherent Control of Alkali Cluster Fragmentation Dynamics • Prof. Dr. Ludger Wöste • Physik
Taxonomy browser (alkali sediment metagenome)
Free Online ALKALI METALS GROUP 1 Practice and Preparation Tests
alkali - ऐल्कलाइ का अर्थ, मतलब, अनुवाद, उच्चारण
... alkali (ऐल्कलाइ) का अर्थ, अनुवाद, उदाहरण, पर्यायवाची, विपरीत, परिभाषा और तुकांत शब्द। alkali का मीनिंग। ... alkali का हिन्दी मतलब. alkali का हिन्दी अर्थ, alkali की परिभाषा, alkali का अनुवाद और अर्थ, alkali के लिए हिन्दी शब्द। alkali के ... alkali का हिन्दी अर्थ, alkali का हिन्दी अनुवाद. "alkali" के बारे में. alkali का अर्थ हिन्दी में, alkali का इंगलिश अर्थ, alkali ... alkali शब्द रूप. alkalies, alkalis (बहुवचन संज्ञा). alkali की परिभाषाएं और अर्थ अंग्रेजी में. alkali संज्ञा. *any of various ...
Process for the simultaneous production of nitrogen monoxide and alkali hydroxide from aqueous solutions of alkali nitrite by...
The milk-alkali syndrome: current concepts - PubMed
... and continues to occur in patients ingesting large amounts of calcium and absorbable alkali, particularly as calcium carbonate ... The milk-alkali syndrome was first identified in 1923, ... The milk-alkali syndrome: current concepts E S Orwoll. Ann ... The diagnosis of the milk-alkali syndrome is based on a history of calcium and alkali ingestion, the presence of characteristic ... Milk-alkali syndrome. Medarov BI. Medarov BI. Mayo Clin Proc. 2009 Mar;84(3):261-7. doi: 10.1016/S0025-6196(11)61144-0. Mayo ...
μSR studies of the metallic alkali fullerides | UBC Chemistry
Reflectance Spectroscopy of Alkali Metal Doped Ammonia Frost: Application to IO. - NASA/ADS
Grant Abstract: Impact of protein and alkali supplementation on skeletal muscle in older adults
Project Title: Impact of protein and alkali supplementation on skeletal muscle in older adults. Abstract: Skeletal muscle loss ... Understanding whether high protein and alkali supplementation have an additive benefit to muscle in older adults is critically ... Grant Abstract: Impact of protein and alkali supplementation on skeletal muscle in older adults. ...
Alkali- or acid-induced changes in structure, moisture absorption ability and deacetylating reaction of β-chitin extracted from...
Alkali- or acid-induced changes in structure, moisture absorption ability and deacetylating reaction of β-chitin extracted from ... Alkali- or acid-induced changes in structure, moisture absorption ability and deacetylating reaction of β-chitin extracted from ... Alkali- or acid-induced changes in structure, moisture absorption ability and deacetylating reaction of β-chitin extracted from ... Alkali- or acid-induced changes in structure, moisture absorption ability and deacetylating reaction of β-chitin extracted from ...
Sporobolus airoides Alkali Sacaton from New Moon Nurseries
CHECK AVAILABILITY. FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Sporobolus airoides is a petite warm season bunch grass. Plants form attractive mounds of slender gray-green arching leaves. In late spring one or more culms rises above the foliage bearing airy panicles of pinkish spikelets. The florets mature into small globe shaped grains that quickly fall to the earth. This tough grass can survive seasonal flooding or prosper in harsh dry desert or prairie-like settings. Plants also thrive in sunny gardens with dry to average soils.. HABITAT & HARDINESS: Sporobolus airoides occurs in British Columbia, through most of the western United States and into northern and central Mexico.. Plants are indigenous to sea coasts, saline flats, sandy or gravelly alkaline slopes, grasslands, savannas, saline flats, desert shrub communities, floodplains and other moist to mesic alkaline habitats. This species tolerates flooding and extreme drought.. This grass is hardy from USDA Zones 4-9.. PLANT DESCRIPTION: Sporobolus airoides is a ...
Holdings: The alkali industry /
Annual reports on alkali &c. works by the chief inspectors : proceedings during the year. by: Great Britain. Alkali &c. Works ... Alkali-makers pocket-book : tables and analytical methods for manufacturers of sulphuric acid, nitric acid, soda, potash, and ... The alkali-makers handbook / by: Lunge, Georg, 1839-1923. Published / Created: (1891) ... The manufacture of sulphuric acid and alkali with the collateral branches : a theoretical and practical treatise by George ...
Inline Hockey Wheels: Shop All Indoor Wheels | Brand: Alkali, Bauer; Roller Wheel Size: 72mm, 59mm, 68mm
Chlor-Alkali Current Scenario, Investment Feasibility & Demand-Supply Data
Curious to know about market share of key-players or Sales volumes or revenues of Chlor-Alkali further segmented by type, ... The overall Chlor-Alkali market size is calculated using market estimation process, the Chlor-Alkali market was further split ... How Chlor-Alkali Market Players have Encountered Temporary Covid-19 Tailwinds; Worth Watching New Growth Cycle. Chlor-Alkali ... With this agreement Olin Corporation improve and expand its presence in Chlor-Alkali market." which is constantly making the ...
Amphibole crystallization in the Etnean feeding system: mineral chemistry and trace element partitioning between Mg-hastingsite...
... mineral chemistry and trace element partitioning between Mg-hastingsite and alkali basaltic melt Marco Viccaro; Marco Viccaro ... in residual melts of alkali basaltic systems, and suggest new hints for interpreting possible geochemical anomalies of these ... mineral chemistry and trace element partitioning between Mg-hastingsite and alkali basaltic melt. European Journal of ...
- When it set out to evaluate the possibility of extracting valuable materials from brines, Triple 8 hired Barr for the conceptual design of a chlor-alkali facility in western North Dakota. (barr.com)
- First, no chlor-alkali facility has ever been designed for brines with the composition of produced waters in the Williston Basin of North Dakota. (barr.com)
- Second, there is no precedent for a chlor-alkali facility in North Dakota, which means the regulatory environment is undeveloped. (barr.com)
- Barr has identified the state regulatory agencies that would be involved with permitting a chlor-alkali facility and is bringing the parties together to understand how the regulatory framework will be established. (barr.com)
- Increasing Demand for Chlor-Alkali Process in Chemical Industries is also expected to contribute significantly to the Chlor-Alkali market. (advancemarketanalytics.com)
- Overall, Plastic and Resin Industry applications of Chlor-Alkali, and the growing awareness of them, is what makes this segment of the industry important to its overall growth. (advancemarketanalytics.com)
- The Production Method, such as Mercury Cell, is boosting the Chlor-Alkali market. (advancemarketanalytics.com)
- With this agreement Olin Corporation improve and expand its presence in Chlor-Alkali market. (advancemarketanalytics.com)
- In market engineering method, both top-down and bottom-up approaches have been used, along with various data triangulation process, to predict and validate the market size of the Chlor-Alkali market and other related sub-markets covered in the study. (advancemarketanalytics.com)
- The overall Chlor-Alkali market size is calculated using market estimation process, the Chlor-Alkali market was further split into various segments and sub-segments. (advancemarketanalytics.com)
- Along with this, the Global Chlor-Alkali market size has been validated using both top-down and bottom-up approaches. (advancemarketanalytics.com)
- Milk-alkali syndrome is a condition in which there is a high level of calcium in the body ( hypercalcemia ). (medlineplus.gov)
- Milk-alkali syndrome is almost always caused by taking too many calcium supplements, usually in the form of calcium carbonate. (medlineplus.gov)
- A high level of vitamin D in the body, such as from taking supplements, can worsen milk-alkali syndrome. (medlineplus.gov)
- Calcium deposits in the kidneys and in other tissues can occur in milk-alkali syndrome. (medlineplus.gov)
- You may need to be checked for milk-alkali syndrome. (medlineplus.gov)
- The milk-alkali syndrome was first identified in 1923, and continues to occur in patients ingesting large amounts of calcium and absorbable alkali, particularly as calcium carbonate. (nih.gov)
- Although the pathophysiology of the milk-alkali syndrome has not been completely studied, it appears to involve complex interactions between ingested calcium and alkali resulting in an impairment in renal calcium and bicarbonate excretion. (nih.gov)
- The diagnosis of the milk-alkali syndrome is based on a history of calcium and alkali ingestion, the presence of characteristic clinical and laboratory features, and the exclusion of other causes of hypercalcemia. (nih.gov)
- Hypercalcemia and acute renal failure in milk-alkali syndrome: a case report. (nih.gov)
- A case of the milk-alkali syndrome with a small amount of milk and magnesium oxide ingestion--the contribution of sustained metabolic alkalosis induced by hypertonic dehydration]. (nih.gov)
- Rolaids-yogurt syndrome: a 1990s version of milk-alkali syndrome. (nih.gov)
- Hypercalcaemia due to the milk-alkali syndrome]. (nih.gov)
- High serum calcium and phosphate levels: Observed with vitamin D intoxication and milk-alkali syndrome. (medscape.com)
- The milk-alkali syndrome (MAS) is characterized by a triad of elevated calcium levels, metabolic alkalosis and acute kidney injury that commonly occurs due to the combined intake of large amounts of calcium and absorbable alkali. (who.int)
- The Alkali Earth Metals comprise the second column from the left. (theodoregray.com)
- The manufacture of acids and alkalis / by: Lunge, George, 1893-1923. (nli.ie)
- We all know examples of everyday substances that can be classified as acids or alkalis: lemon juice is acidic, bleach is alkaline, and so on. (compoundchem.com)
- Detergents are powerful cleaning products that may contain strong acids, alkalis, or phosphates. (nih.gov)
- A strong alkali, such as NaOH (sodium hydroxide or caustic soda), on the other hand, releases practically all of its OH - ions in solution. (geeksforgeeks.org)
- β-Chitin was more susceptible to alkali deacetylation than was α-chitin, and required a lower concentration of NaOH and shorter reaction time. (oregonstate.edu)
- Alkalis are water-soluble bases. (geeksforgeeks.org)
- Conservative treatment, including discontinuing calcium and alkali ingestion and supportive measures, is usually effective. (nih.gov)
- a level area, as a dry lake bed, in which evaporation has concentrated alkali minerals, as sodium sulfates and carbonates. (dictionary.com)
- Aluminium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, ammonium hydroxide, and lithium carbonate are some of the most regularly utilised alkalis that can cause toxicity. (geeksforgeeks.org)
- Ammonium hydroxide and lithium carbonate are two alkalis that are commonly utilised to treat a wide range of illnesses and disorders. (geeksforgeeks.org)
- Herein, we report a case of severe hypercalcemia due to prolonged intake of calcium carbonate supplements in the absence of any alkali. (who.int)
- The alkali-makers handbook / by: Lunge, Georg, 1839-1923. (nli.ie)
- An alkali is a basic ionic salt of an alkali metal or an alkaline earth element in chemistry. (geeksforgeeks.org)
- Alkali-free concrete accelerator is a new generation, environmentally-friendly, chlorine-free and alkali-free liquid accelerator developed by using a new synthetic technology of inorganic and organic materials. (theister.com)
- The alkali-free concrete accelerator can be widely used in the wet spraying construction process of various projects, reducing dust during construction, less rebound loss, good concrete homogeneity, and significant economic benefits. (theister.com)
- Technical performance of Alkali-free concrete accelerator The setting time is fast, the initial setting adhesion is good, and the thickness of one shot can be 8-150mm. (theister.com)
- Alkali doped aromatic compounds have shown evidence of metallic and superconducting phases whose precise nature is still mysterious. (arxiv.org)
- Disruption of carbon refractories in the test is sensitive to a number of variables, including alkali concentration, temperature, and the presence of water vapor. (astm.org)
- The working face is free of dust, chlorine, and alkali, which is beneficial to the health of operators. (theister.com)
- Alkali- or acid-induced changes in structure, moisture absorption ability and deacetylating reaction of β-chitin extracted from jumbo squid (Dosidicus gigas) pens. (oregonstate.edu)
- Alkali- or acid-induced structural modifications in β-chitin from squid (Dosidicus gigas, d'Orbigny, 1835) pens and their moisture absorption ability (MAA) and deacetylating reaction were investigated and compared with α-chitin from shrimp shells. (oregonstate.edu)
- 1.1 This test method covers the behavior of carbon refractories when subjected to the action of an alkali at an elevated temperature. (astm.org)
- These results demonstrate that alkali- or acid-treated β-chitin retained high susceptibility toward solvents, which in turn resulted in good biological activity of β-chitosan for use as a natural antioxidant and antimicrobial substance or application as edible coatings and films for various food applications. (oregonstate.edu)
- Do you know the difference between low alkali cement and ordinary cement? (hotline-web.com)
- Alkalis are chemical groups with a high pH. (geeksforgeeks.org)
- Understanding whether high protein and alkali supplementation have an additive benefit to muscle in older adults is critically important in moving the field forward towards development of innovative therapeutic approaches to reduce the physical disability in our aging society. (nih.gov)
- The key goal of this work was to investigate how alkali treatment affected the AP fibers' morphology, chemical composition, tensile capabilities, morphological changes, structural changes, and thermal degradation (APFs). (bvsalud.org)
- As a result, alkalis are sometimes referred to as H + ion acceptors. (geeksforgeeks.org)
- As it lay through an uninhabited alkali flat , the right of way could be easily obtained. (dictionary.com)
- Annual reports on alkali &c. works by the chief inspectors : proceedings during the year. (nli.ie)
- Reflectance Spectroscopy of Alkali Metal Doped Ammonia Frost: Application to IO. (harvard.edu)
- Th (or U)/Ta, Th/Nb, La/Nb) in residual melts of alkali basaltic systems, and suggest new hints for interpreting possible geochemical anomalies of these magmas. (geoscienceworld.org)
- 2.1 The disintegration of carbon refractories by alkali attack at elevated temperatures is an important consideration in using these materials for certain applications. (astm.org)
- The most important thing to remember about alkalis is that they are all bases, but not all bases are alkalis. (geeksforgeeks.org)
- When an alkali is dissolved in water, the resultant solution is clear. (geeksforgeeks.org)