Evans Blue: An azo dye used in blood volume and cardiac output measurement by the dye dilution method. It is very soluble, strongly bound to plasma albumin, and disappears very slowly.Viscum album: A plant species of the family VISCACEAE, order Santalales, subclass Rosidae. This is the traditional mistletoe of literature and Christmas. Members contain viscotoxin (5 kDa basic polypeptides related to thionins), beta-galactoside- and N-acetyl-D-galactosamine-specific lectin II (60 kDa), and polysaccharides. Mistletoe lectin I is a type 2 ribosome-inactivating protein. Commercial extracts include Plenosol, Eurixor, Helixor Isorel, Iscador, and NSC 635089 (ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENTS, PHYTOGENIC).Chenopodium album: A plant species in the CHENOPODIUM genus known for edible greens.Ribosome Inactivating Proteins, Type 2: Ribosome inactivating proteins consisting of two polypeptide chains, the toxic A subunit and a lectin B subunit, linked by disulfide bridges. The lectin portion binds to cell surfaces and facilitates transport into the ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUM.Santalum: A plant genus of the family SANTALACEAE which is the source of sandalwood oil.Capillary Permeability: The property of blood capillary ENDOTHELIUM that allows for the selective exchange of substances between the blood and surrounding tissues and through membranous barriers such as the BLOOD-AIR BARRIER; BLOOD-AQUEOUS BARRIER; BLOOD-BRAIN BARRIER; BLOOD-NERVE BARRIER; BLOOD-RETINAL BARRIER; and BLOOD-TESTIS BARRIER. Small lipid-soluble molecules such as carbon dioxide and oxygen move freely by diffusion. Water and water-soluble molecules cannot pass through the endothelial walls and are dependent on microscopic pores. These pores show narrow areas (TIGHT JUNCTIONS) which may limit large molecule movement.Toxins, Biological: Specific, characterizable, poisonous chemicals, often PROTEINS, with specific biological properties, including immunogenicity, produced by microbes, higher plants (PLANTS, TOXIC), or ANIMALS.Plant Preparations: Material prepared from plants.Coloring Agents: Chemicals and substances that impart color including soluble dyes and insoluble pigments. They are used in INKS; PAINTS; and as INDICATORS AND REAGENTS.Blood-Brain Barrier: Specialized non-fenestrated tightly-joined ENDOTHELIAL CELLS with TIGHT JUNCTIONS that form a transport barrier for certain substances between the cerebral capillaries and the BRAIN tissue.Extravasation of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Materials: The escape of diagnostic or therapeutic material from the vessel into which it is introduced into the surrounding tissue or body cavity.Ribosome Inactivating Proteins: N-Glycosidases that remove adenines from RIBOSOMAL RNA, depurinating the conserved alpha-sarcin loop of 28S RIBOSOMAL RNA. They often consist of a toxic A subunit and a binding lectin B subunit. They may be considered as PROTEIN SYNTHESIS INHIBITORS. They are found in many PLANTS and have cytotoxic and antiviral activity.Homeopathy: A system of therapeutics founded by Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843), based on the Law of Similars where "like cures like". Diseases are treated by highly diluted substances that cause, in healthy persons, symptoms like those of the disease to be treated.Chenopodium: A plant genus in the CHENOPODIACEAE family.Methylococcus capsulatus: A species of METHYLOCOCCUS which forms capsules and is capable of autotrophic carbon dioxide fixation. (From Bergey's Manual of Determinative Bacteriology, 9th ed)Plant Extracts: Concentrated pharmaceutical preparations of plants obtained by removing active constituents with a suitable solvent, which is evaporated away, and adjusting the residue to a prescribed standard.Brain Edema: Increased intracellular or extracellular fluid in brain tissue. Cytotoxic brain edema (swelling due to increased intracellular fluid) is indicative of a disturbance in cell metabolism, and is commonly associated with hypoxic or ischemic injuries (see HYPOXIA, BRAIN). An increase in extracellular fluid may be caused by increased brain capillary permeability (vasogenic edema), an osmotic gradient, local blockages in interstitial fluid pathways, or by obstruction of CSF flow (e.g., obstructive HYDROCEPHALUS). (From Childs Nerv Syst 1992 Sep; 8(6):301-6)Plant Lectins: Protein or glycoprotein substances of plant origin that bind to sugar moieties in cell walls or membranes. Some carbohydrate-metabolizing proteins (ENZYMES) from PLANTS also bind to carbohydrates, however they are not considered lectins. Many plant lectins change the physiology of the membrane of BLOOD CELLS to cause agglutination, mitosis, or other biochemical changes. They may play a role in plant defense mechanisms.Viscum: A plant genus in the family VISCACEAE, order Santalales, subclass Rosidae, class Magnoliopsida. Species of this genus contain cytotoxic LECTINS. The common name of MISTLETOE is used for many species of this and the LORANTHACEAE families.Blood-Retinal Barrier: A specialized transport barrier, in the EYE, formed by the retinal pigment EPITHELIUM, and the ENDOTHELIUM of the BLOOD VESSELS of the RETINA. TIGHT JUNCTIONS joining adjacent cells keep the barrier between cells continuous.Rats, Hairless: Mutant strains of rats that produce little or no hair. Several different homozygous recessive mutations can cause hairlessness in rats including rnu/rnu (Rowett nude), fz/fz (fuzzy), shn/shn (shorn), and nznu/nznu (New Zealand nude). Note that while NUDE RATS are often hairless, they are most characteristically athymic.Materia Medica: Materials or substances used in the composition of traditional medical remedies. The use of this term in MeSH was formerly restricted to historical articles or those concerned with traditional medicine, but it can also refer to homeopathic remedies. Nosodes are specific types of homeopathic remedies prepared from causal agents or disease products.Capillary Leak Syndrome: A condition characterized by recurring episodes of fluid leaking from capillaries into extra-vascular compartments causing hematocrit to rise precipitously. If not treated, generalized vascular leak can lead to generalized EDEMA; SHOCK; cardiovascular collapse; and MULTIPLE ORGAN FAILURE.Chenopodiaceae: The goosefoot plant family of the order Caryophyllales, subclass Caryophyllidae, class Magnoliopsida. It includes beets and chard (BETA VULGARIS), as well as SPINACH, and salt tolerant plants.Dictyosteliida: An order of protozoa characterized by their ability to aggregate to form a multicellular pseudoplasmodium, which gives rise to a multispored fruiting body. A stalk tube is present.Methylococcaceae: A family of gram-negative, aerobic bacteria utilizing only one-carbon organic compounds and isolated from in soil and water.Plants, Medicinal: Plants whose roots, leaves, seeds, bark, or other constituent parts possess therapeutic, tonic, purgative, curative or other pharmacologic attributes, when administered to man or animals.Azo CompoundsDye Dilution Technique: Method for assessing flow through a system by injection of a known quantity of dye into the system and monitoring its concentration over time at a specific point in the system. (From Dorland, 28th ed)Plasma Volume: Volume of PLASMA in the circulation. It is usually measured by INDICATOR DILUTION TECHNIQUES.Ericaceae: The heath plant family of the order Ericales, subclass Dilleniidae, class Magnoliopsida that are generally shrubs or small trees. Leaves are alternate, simple, and leathery; flowers are symmetrical with a 4- or 5-parted corolla of partly fused petals.Mustard Compounds: Strong alkylating and immunosuppressive agents whose biological activity is based on the presence of bis(2-chloroethyl)- groups. Although otherwise structurally diverse, the compounds have in common the capacity to contribute alkyl groups to DNA. They are generally highly toxic but include among their number many widely used and effective antineoplastic agents.Trypan Blue: A diazo-naphthalene sulfonate that is widely used as a stain.Edema: Abnormal fluid accumulation in TISSUES or body cavities. Most cases of edema are present under the SKIN in SUBCUTANEOUS TISSUE.Exudates and Transudates: Exudates are fluids, CELLS, or other cellular substances that are slowly discharged from BLOOD VESSELS usually from inflamed tissues. Transudates are fluids that pass through a membrane or squeeze through tissue or into the EXTRACELLULAR SPACE of TISSUES. Transudates are thin and watery and contain few cells or PROTEINS.Bidens: A plant genus of the family ASTERACEAE. Members contain bidensyneosides (polyacetylene glucosides).Disease Models, Animal: Naturally occurring or experimentally induced animal diseases with pathological processes sufficiently similar to those of human diseases. They are used as study models for human diseases.Plant Proteins: Proteins found in plants (flowers, herbs, shrubs, trees, etc.). The concept does not include proteins found in vegetables for which VEGETABLE PROTEINS is available.Rats, Brattleboro: A mutant strain of Rattus norvegicus used in research on renal function and hypertension and as a disease model for diabetes insipidus.Phytotherapy: Use of plants or herbs to treat diseases or to alleviate pain.Albumins: Water-soluble proteins found in egg whites, blood, lymph, and other tissues and fluids. They coagulate upon heating.Permeability: Property of membranes and other structures to permit passage of light, heat, gases, liquids, metabolites, and mineral ions.Rats, Sprague-Dawley: A strain of albino rat used widely for experimental purposes because of its calmness and ease of handling. It was developed by the Sprague-Dawley Animal Company.Rats, Long-Evans: An outbred strain of rats developed in 1915 by crossing several Wistar Institute white females with a wild gray male. Inbred strains have been derived from this original outbred strain, including Long-Evans cinnamon rats (RATS, INBRED LEC) and Otsuka-Long-Evans-Tokushima Fatty rats (RATS, INBRED OLETF), which are models for Wilson's disease and non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus, respectively.Lectins: Proteins that share the common characteristic of binding to carbohydrates. Some ANTIBODIES and carbohydrate-metabolizing proteins (ENZYMES) also bind to carbohydrates, however they are not considered lectins. PLANT LECTINS are carbohydrate-binding proteins that have been primarily identified by their hemagglutinating activity (HEMAGGLUTININS). However, a variety of lectins occur in animal species where they serve diverse array of functions through specific carbohydrate recognition.Photomicrography: Photography of objects viewed under a microscope using ordinary photographic methods.Neurokinin-1 Receptor Antagonists: Compounds that inhibit or block the activity of NEUROKININ-1 RECEPTORS.Substance P: An eleven-amino acid neurotransmitter that appears in both the central and peripheral nervous systems. It is involved in transmission of PAIN, causes rapid contractions of the gastrointestinal smooth muscle, and modulates inflammatory and immune responses.Alcian Blue: A copper-containing dye used as a gelling agent for lubricants, for staining of bacteria and for the dyeing of histiocytes and fibroblasts in vivo.Rats, Wistar: A strain of albino rat developed at the Wistar Institute that has spread widely at other institutions. This has markedly diluted the original strain.Claudin-5: A claudin subtype that is found localized to TIGHT JUNCTIONS in VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL CELLS. The protein was initially identified as one of several proteins which are deleted in VELOCARDIOFACIAL SYNDROME and may play an important role in maintaining the integrity of the BLOOD-BRAIN BARRIER.
List of former Hollywood Records artists
Records) Elefant (active; unsigned) Evans Blue (on hiatus; signed with Sounds + Sights Records) Everlife (active; with 97 ... started recording album but never released it) The Party (disbanded 1993) Plain White T's (active, unsigned) The Pistoleros ( ... never released her debut album due to conflict with label) Hilary Duff (active; with RCA; also pursuing acting and writing ...
Her work is included on various compilation albums. List of classic female blues singers Evans, David (1993). Liner notes, ... "Mean Man Blues" and "Hard Hustling Blues." Some of her early recordings were released under the name Bernice Duke. In 1935, ... Unusually for a female blues performer at the time, Robinson composed some of her songs. Details of her life outside the ... Her self-penned track "Butcher Shop Blues" (1935), extended the analogy of meat for sexual innuendo, although her vocals on it ...
Cold (But I'm Still Here)
"Cold (But I'm Still Here)" is the first single off Evans Blue's debut album, The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume. The ... "Evans Blue Chart History (Mainstream Rock)". Billboard. Official Evans Blue MySpace Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics. ... and garnered frequent radio play in anticipation of the upcoming album. Evans Blue's official MySpace explains the meaning of ... "iTunes - Music - Cold (But I'm Still Here) - Single by Evans Blue". Itunes.apple.com. 2005-12-13. Retrieved 2012-02-09. "Music ...
"Evans Blue Set to Release New Album "Graveyard of Empires" April 17th". Retrieved 2012-11-13. Ramirez, Carlos. "Five Cinco de ... "Paramore album chart history". Retrieved 2012-11-13. "Killswitch Engage charted albums". Retrieved 2012-11-13. "Crossfade album ... "Veara Recording New Album w/ Dan Korneff". Retrieved 2012-11-10. "Mixing to Begin". Retrieved 2012-11-10. "Allmusic.com: Dan ... "Interview: Pierce The Veil's Vic Fuentes on recording their "eclectic" third album". Retrieved 2012-11-14. Collide with the Sky ...
The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume
"Evans Blue - The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume - Album Review". AbsolutePunk. "iTunes - Music - The Melody and the ... The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume is the debut studio album by Canadian rock band Evans Blue. It was released on ... Evans Blue Kevin Matisyn - lead vocals Parker Lauzon - Rhythm guitar Vlad Tanaskovic - Lead guitar Joe Pitter - Bass Darryl ... "The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume - Evans Blue". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-08-22. ...
Ashes of Soma
They have also toured with Social Code, Idle Sons, Evans Blue and Thornley. The band's influences include Tool, Sevendust, ... Chen, Dalson (2007-08-13). "Band on track for second album". Windsor Star. p. A5. Ashes of Soma. Real Detroit Weekly, June 27, ... as they record their second album. They have toured in the US and Canada with Candlebox, Default, Hinder, and Theory of a ...
Jason Pierce (drummer)
Erase My Scars
"Erase My Scars" is the third single from Evans Blue's self titled album. The song was released in mid-2010 and was dedicated to ... blue/chart?f=902 "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-07. Retrieved 2011-02-28. Official Evans Blue Myspace. ... http://www.myspace.com/evansblue/music/albums/erase-my-scars-16013698 http://www.myspace.com/evansblue/videos/video/107144385 ... An acoustic version was exclusively released on KUPD's Acoustic 2010 compilation album. ...
List of post-1950 jazz standards
1957 - "Blue Train". - Jazz blues composition by John Coltrane from his album Blue Train. 1957 - "I Remember Clifford". ... Credited solely to Davis on Kind of Blue and to Davis and Bill Evans on Evans's Portrait in Jazz, the songs authorship is ... 1959 - "Blue in Green". - Modal jazz composition from Miles Davis's album Kind of Blue. ... Afro Blue at jazzstandards.com - retrieved on February 20, 2009 The Real Book, Volume I, p. 11 All Blues at jazzstandards.com ...
1950s in jazz
1957 - "Blue Train". - Jazz blues composition by John Coltrane from his album Blue Train. 1957 - "I Remember Clifford". ... Credited solely to Davis on Kind of Blue and to Davis and Bill Evans on Evans's Portrait in Jazz, the songs authorship is ... 1959 - "Blue in Green". - Modal jazz composition from Miles Davis's album Kind of Blue. ... 1959 - "Afro Blue". Composed by Mongo Santamaría. 1959 - "All Blues". Composed by Miles Davis. 1959 - "The Best Is Yet to Come ...
Graveyard of Empires
... is the fourth studio album by Canadian rock band Evans Blue. It was released on April 17, 2012. The album ... "Halo - Single: Evans Blue: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-03-22. Brandon Geist (2011-12-09). "Evans Blue Premiere ... "Evans Blue To Release New Album Graveyard of Empires on April 17th". The Audio Perv. Retrieved 2012-03-22. "Twitter". Twitter. ... Evans Blue Dan Chandler - vocals Parker Lauzon - rhythm guitar Vlad Tanaskovic - lead guitar Joe Pitter - bass Additional ...
Returning from their hiatus, the band released their third major album Blue-Sky Research on August 16, 2005. Billy Corgan ( ... The band headlined a major tour with Evans Blue and From Satellite to promote its release. Prior to the headline tour, Taproot ... As of January 2018, the band is currently recording for their upcoming seventh studio album. Gift (2000) Welcome (2002) Blue- ... The album's second single, "Mine", followed with more moderate success. Welcome is Taproot's most successful album to date, ...
Evans Blue, Fuel and others. As disclosed in a blog on Submersed' Myspace, the band parted ways and was dropped from Wind Up ... 16 Billboard Heatseekers Albums) Immortal Verses (2007) (#35 Billboard Heatseekers Albums) "Complicated" featured in soundtrack ... Submersed was signed to Wind-up Records, and worked with Alter Bridge guitarist Mark Tremonti on its debut studio album, In Due ... In support of the album, the band performed in several cities across the US and Canada, sharing stages with Trapt, Crossfade, ...
In March 2005, he co-founded the band, Evans Blue, which spawned two albums, The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume and ... He published a post on his MySpace page saying he is "Formerly of Evans Blue". This was confirmed by Evans Blue on their ... 1 (2016) Former Evans Blue Singer Forms Parabelle A disappearing drummer doesn't slow Evans blue http://www.phoenixalwaysrises. ... There is also a bootleg Evans Blue collection entitled The Stage is Set for the Revival of Anthem that consists of a number of ...
"The Pursuit", the first single off Evans Blue's second album, The Pursuit Begins When This Portrayal of Life Ends, hit airwaves ... http://jesseewles.blogspot.com/2007/09/evans-blue-pursuit-begins.html https://www.billboard.com/artist/301944/evans+blue/chart? ... f=377 https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-pursuit-single/id259325999 "Artist Chart History: Singles". Billboard charts. ...
Get Off on the Pain
Evans Price, Deborah (2010-01-12). "Gary Allan "Get Off On The Pain" Album Preview". Billboard. Retrieved 2010-10-31. "GARY ... Live tracks were recorded at House of Blues Chicago in 2009. ... The album's third single "Kiss Me When I'm Down" released to ... The album's first single, "Today", was released in June 2009 and was a Top 20 hit. The album's second single, the title track, ... All of them apply, and then some". Jon Caramanica with The New York Times placed the album at number six on his "top 10 albums ...
George Russell (composer)
Davis and Evans later collaborated on the 1959 album Kind of Blue, which featured modal composition and playing. John Coltrane ... Jazz in the Space Age (1960) was an even more ambitious big band album, featuring the unusual dual piano voicings of Bill Evans ... Russell's ideas influenced the development of modal jazz, notably in the album Jazz Workshop (1957, with Bill Evans and ... rather like his colleague Gil Evans). He was to record a number of impressive albums over the next several years, sometimes as ...
... on vocals and Mark Evans (ex-AC/DC, Finch) on guitar. In the mid-1990s Cocks, Evans and Tice performed as an acoustic blues ... Three years after their debut album the band issued the follow-up album, Assault and Battery in September, which reached the ... This line-up recorded their debut album, Rose Tattoo which reached the top 40 on the Australian Kent Music Report Albums Chart ... 1 on the UK heavy metal albums chart. In 1980 Cocks was also a founding member of The Headhunters - an ad hoc collection of R&B ...
... who engineered the first two Evans Blue albums. When asked about the sound of the album, Matisyn commented "I think it's ... the former lead singer of Evans Blue, and Kenneth Nixon of Framing Hanley. Following Kevin Matisyn's departure from Evans Blue ... the band began playing several shows with Evans Blue's former drummer Howard Davis. In January 2013 a compilation album and DVD ... Parabelle released the track list for their upcoming album via Facebook. The album was released on May 24, 2011. Album artwork ...
The Long Hello
Guy Evans, and Life of Riley, 1983). The album Gentlemen Prefer Blues (Jackson, Banton, Evans, 1985) is sometimes regarded as a ... The Long Hello is a studio instrumental album by David Jackson, Hugh Banton, Guy Evans and Nic Potter recorded in August 1973 ... In 1981 Nic Potter and Guy Evans released a sort of follow-up to this album, The Long Hello Volume Two. There also is a Long ... David Jackson, Hugh Banton, Guy Evans and Nic Potter had all been members of Van der Graaf Generator, but that band had split ...
Possession (Sarah McLachlan song)
The Canadian alternative rock band Evans Blue covered "Possession" on their first album The Melody and the Energetic Nature of ... The song appears twice on the album, as the first track and as a hidden track at the end, which is a solo piano version. " ... The video for the US market released in 1994 features the original album version of the song being played by McLachlan and her ... A fourth version, the Rabbit in the Moon remix, is available on two different McLachlan remix albums: Rarities, B-Sides and ...
Evans, Paul (1999). "Jimi Hendrix". In Swenson, John. The Rolling Stone Jazz & Blues Album Guide. Random House. p. 305. ISBN ... Blues Album Guide (1999), contributor Paul Evans gave it three-and-a-half out of five stars. AllMusic editor Stephen Thomas ... For the production of this album, two tracks' drum parts were overdubbed by Bruce Gary of The Knack, "Room Full of Mirrors" and ... It was one of the last Hendrix albums produced by Alan Douglas, who was also responsible for the posthumous Hendrix releases ...
Following its release, the band began touring as a supporting act with various bands including Evans Blue, Taddy Porter and ... The band made an appearance at Rocklahoma in May and released its next single "Pressure" in June 2012 Their new album, "From ... A physical copy of the album will be available at a later date. Jeff Rains - Vocals, Guitar Joe Schultz - Drums Jason Anderson ... Their debut album Stories was released in 2010. ...
Fight or Flight (band)
"Disturbed Members and Evans Blue Singer Announce New Side Project". Revolver. [permanent dead link] "Disturbed, Ra, Evan's Blue ... Fight or Flight released its debut album, A Life by Design? via Warner Bros. Records on July 23, 2013. In 2011 when Dan Donegan ... "Members Of Disturbed, Evans Blue and Ra Have Joined Forces To Create A New Band, Fight or Flight". Audio Ink Radio. "News - ... He began writing songs on his own and later reached out to Evans Blue lead vocalist, Dan Chandler, in attempt to collaborate. ...
Kind of Blue
Davis had Kelly play instead of Evans on the album's most blues-oriented number, "Freddie Freeloader". The live album Miles ... The 2014 album Blue by Mostly Other People Do the Killing is a note-for-note reproduction of Kind of Blue. The Kind of Blue ... The influence of Kind of Blue did build, and all of the sidemen from the album went on to achieve success on their own. Evans ... Kind of Blue is consistently ranked among the greatest albums of all time. In a review of the album, AllMusic senior editor ...
In the Autumn 2010, the band will be touring with Canadian band Finger Eleven on select tour dates, as well as with Evans Blue ... The third album changed its name to Big Wheel and was released on May 20, 2017. Taddy Porter (2010) [#24 Top Heatseekers] Stay ... On December 12, 2014, Taddy Porter announced that they would start recording their third album, Tame the Wolf, on January 2, ... The band describes their sound as a mix of classic rock and blues in a modern-rock setting. Taddy Porter was initially ...
Cool for August
... and produced albums for Evans Blue and Rains. In 2001 Drummer Shane Hills legally changed his name to Moon Hills. He has ... Cool for August reunited in summer of 2011. The band started recording their second album, but decided to part ... Moon was involved with Blacklist Union in 2006 through 2010 recording and touring on their breakthrough album After The ... about half of an anticipated upcoming album. However, with no more support from Warner Brothers or any other major labels, the ...
Blue County (music group)
"Blue County Album & Song Chart History - Heatseekers Albums". Billboard. Retrieved December 23, 2010. "Blue County Album & Song ... Price, Deborah Evans (April 17, 2004). "Blue County rides new label's momentum". Billboard: 34. Leggett, Steve. "Blue County ... Country Labels Keep Rosters Full Despite Album Sales Dip "Blue County Album & Song Chart History - Country Albums". Billboard. ... "Blue County Album & Song Chart History - Hot 100". Billboard. Retrieved December 23, 2010. ...
Blue Moon (Toby Keith album)
Blue Moon at AllMusic Entertainment Weekly review Price, Deborah Evans (October 9, 1999). "Toby Keith lands At DreamWorks" (PDF ... Blue Moon is the third studio album released in 1996 by American country music artist Toby Keith. The third album of his career ... Overall, it produced four singles for Keith on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts: "Does That Blue Moon Ever Shine on You ... "Does That Blue Moon Ever Shine on You" (Keith) - 3:50 "Lucky Me" (Keith, Reynolds) - 4:19 "She's Perfect" (Keith, Perry) - 3:43 ...
Motherless Child Blues
Evans, David (2008). Ramblin' on My Mind: New Perspectives on the Blues. University of Illinois Press. p. 134. ISBN 0-252-07448 ... Eric Clapton adapted the song, retitled "Motherless Child", and recorded it for his album From the Cradle. A song with a ... "Motherless Child Blues" (or, in dialect, "Motherless Chile Blues") is the name of two distinctly different traditional blues ... Sackheim, Eric (2003). The Blues Line: Blues Lyrics from Leadbelly to Muddy Waters. Da Capo Press. p. 38. ISBN 1-56025-567-6.. ...
7 (EP) - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
Anton Corbijn · Brian Eno · Dik Evans · Flood · Howie B · Jimmy Iovine · Daniel Lanois · Steve Lillywhite · Paul McGuinness · ... "40" · "Zooropa" · "Your Blue Room" · "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" · "Original of the Species" · "Blow Your House Down". ... http://www.allmusic.com/album/r575493. *↑ Dansby, Andrew (18 de janeiro de 2002). «U2 Targets Rarities Disc» (em inglês). ...
Grammy Awards 2020
Bestes traditionelles Blues-Album (Best Traditional Blues Album): *Tall, Dark & Handsome von Delbert McClinton & Self-Made Men ... Chain Tripping von Yacht (Technik: Luke Argilla, Jürgen Scharpf, Jona Bechtolt, Claire L. Evans & Rob Kieswetter) ... Bester Album-Begleittext (Best Album Notes): *Stax '68: A Memphis Story von Steve Greenberg, Album-Begleittext (verschiedene ... Beste Abmischung eines Albums, ohne Klassik (Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical): *When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? ...
In 2005, Kember produced and released his own limited edition, double disc album, How the Blues Should've Turned Out. This ... They played a 45-minute jam, based around a single chord strummed by Evans, featuring riffs from some of the songs from their ... a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p album sleeve credits ... a b  Taking Drug to Make Music to Take Drugs To album review ... Recurring album review - David Stubbs, Melody Maker.. Recurring is a fine album. Laid back to the point of bed sores, its ...
Mark L. Evans. Retrieved 19 May 2013.. *^ a b Mattox, D. M. (15 January 2013). The Foundations of Vacuum Coating Technology. ... The town was even featured in the hit song by Glenn Frey from Miami Vice, "Smugglers Blues". Telluride was living up to its ... The Grateful Dead played Telluride on 8/16/87 and 8/17/87 riding the recent success of In the Dark (Grateful Dead album). ...
a b c d e Whitfield, D. P., Marquiss, M., Reid, R., Grant, J., Tingay, R., & Evans, R. J. (2013). Breeding season diets of ... Blue Oceans Institute, 1-54. *^ Green, R. E., Pienkowski, M. W., & Love, J. A. (1996). Long-term viability of the re-introduced ... Populus alba), 2 in beeches and one in a wild pear tree. Another quote on eyrie height along the Danube was at 19 to 33 m ... a b Evans, R. J., Wilson, J. D., Amar, A., Douse, A., Maclennan, A., Ratcliffe, N., & Whitfield, D. P. (2009). Growth and ...
Many uniforms had a summer and winter version, differentiated by colours and fabrics appropriate to the season: navy blue for ... Saenz, Rogelio and Evans, Louwanda (June 2009) "The Changing Demography of U.S. Flight Attendants". Population Reference Bureau ... 1985: "Waitress in the Sky", a derisive song about a stewardess, appeared on the critically praised album Tim by The ... music video for Britney Spears hit single features Spears as a sexy stewardess in a highly stylized vintage Pan Am-style blue ...
Devil in His Heart
Christmas Album · Very Together · Red Album · Blue Album · Rock 'n' Roll Music · Love Songs · Rarities · Ballads · 20 Greatest ... Non-musicali: Brian Epstein · Neil Aspinall · Alistair Taylor · Derek Taylor · Mal Evans · Allen Klein · Peter Brown · Freda ... The Capitol Albums, Volume 2 · The Beatles Stereo Box Set · The Beatles in Mono · The U.S. Albums · The Japan Box. ... Album in studio. UK Please Please Me · With the Beatles · A Hard Day's Night · Beatles for Sale · Help! · Rubber Soul · ...
West African guitarist Lionel Loueke appeared on the album Cross Culture (Blue Note, 2013). Lovano played reed and percussion ... Bill Evans (JMT, 1990). *On Broadway Volume 2 (JMT, 1990). *Motian in Tokyo (JMT, 1991) ... Cross Culture (Blue Note, 2013) with Us Five. *Classic! Live at Newport (Blue Note, 2016) feat. Hank Jones, George Mraz & Lewis ... In 1993, he played on the album Anything Went by guitarist Bill DeArango, a native of Cleveland.  In the late 1990s, he ...
The Stone Roses
... and Album of the Year (for their debut album). The Stone Roses is now considered one of the great British albums, ... Couzens played an ill-fated gig with the band at the end of May before being pushed out of the band by Evans after flying home ... heavy blues rock sound. "Love Spreads" reached number two on the UK Singles Chart. Second Coming received a mixed reception ... Debut album and breakthrough success (1989-91). In 1988 and early 1989 the Stone Roses recorded their debut album at ...
Hellsing - Vikipedi
List of Twin Peaks characters
Diane Evans. Diane Evans is Dale Cooper's secretary in the FBI. She is featured in the original series as an unseen ... Cole describes the Teresa Banks murder case as one of his "blue rose" cases. The 2017 series reveals that "blue rose" refers to ... Albums. *Soundtrack from Twin Peaks. *Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me. *Twin Peaks Music: Season Two Music and More ... which reveals that he was the original leader of the Blue Rose Task Force and was involved in the first Blue Rose case, ...
... corresponds to what is today called blue, whereas "blue" corresponds to cyan. ... Evans, Ralph M. (1974). The perception of color (null ed.). New York: Wiley-Interscience. ISBN 978-0-471-24785-2.. ... For The Dear Hunter album, see The Color Spectrum.. White light is dispersed by a prism into the colors of the visible spectrum ... Newton divided the spectrum into seven named colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. He chose seven ...
He won the 2011 Welsh Music Prize for his album Hotel Shampoo. His latest solo album, American Interior, was released in May ... Gruff Rhys (2014) American Interior: The Quixotic Journey of John Evans, His Search for a Lost Tribe and How, Fuelled by ... They also became particularly famous for their 40-foot inflatable bears and a blue tank with 'SFA' written upon it which toured ... The album was nominated for the 2008 Mercury Prize.. On 29 April 2013, Neon Neon released their second studio album, Praxis ...
Anexo:Globo de Oro a la mejor actriz de serie de televisión - Drama, la enciclopedia libre
The Blue Knight (1973). Jennie: Lady Randolph Churchill (1975). Sharon Gless. Cagney & Lacey (1985). The Trials of Rosie ... Linda Evans. Dynasty. Krystle Carrington. ABC. Stefanie Powers. Hart to Hart. Jennifer Hart. CBS. ... Jessica Alba. Dark Angel. Max Guevara. Fox. Lorraine Bracco. The Sopranos. Jennifer Melfi. HBO. ...
He's headed where the air is thin and the cold blue northers blow,. Up through the Raton Pass but he'll have to beat the early ... Raton Pass is mentioned in C.W. McCall's (Bill Fries) song "Four Wheel Cowboy", from his album Wilderness. "Four Wheel Cowboy" ... Clint Black makes reference to the Raton Pass in the song "The Goodnight-Loving" from the album "Put Yourself in My Shoes." ...
In the blue-footed booby, for example, the first egg in a nest is hatched four days before the second one, resulting in the ... Evans, Howard E. (1973). "Burrow sharing and nest transfer in the digger wasp Philanthus gibbosus (Fabricius)". Animal ... Motacilla alba". Journal of Animal Ecology. 50 (1): 157-180. doi:10.2307/4038. JSTOR 4038.. ... Other examples of brood parasites include honeyguides, cowbirds, and the large blue butterfly. Brood parasite ...
Vertigo Tour - Wikipédia
Bullet The Blue Sky. 13. Running To Stand Still. 14. Pride (In The Name Of Love). 15. Where The Streets Have No Name. 16. One. ... Paul McGuinness · Dik Evans · Brian Eno · Daniel Lanois · Steve Lillywhite · Jimmy Iovine · Flood · Howie B ... amelyek a How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb album védjegye, fekete és vörös színben. ... Bullet The Blue Sky. 15. Running To Stand Still. 16. Pride (In The Name Of Love). 17. Where The Streets Have No Name. 18. One. ...
Come Taste the Band - Wikipedie
Koncertní alba. Concerto for Group and Orchestra (1969) • Made in Japan (1972) • Made in Europe • Last Concert in Japan • Deep ... The House of Blue Light (1987) • Slaves and Masters (1990) • The Battle Rages On… (1993) • Purpendicular (1996) • Abandon (1998 ... David Coverdale • Glenn Hughes • Rod Evans • Nick Simper • Tommy Bolin • Joe Lynn Turner • Joe Satriani. ... Studiová alba. Shades of Deep Purple (1968) • The Book of Taliesyn (1968) • Deep Purple (1969) • Deep Purple in Rock (1970) • ...
Beauty and the Beast (Disney song)
... on her album Julie Andrews Selects Her Favorite Disney Songs, although she does not cover the song herself; the album is a ... "Why so Blue?. Retrieved June 4, 2015.. *^ Churchill, Alexandra. "50 Epic Things You Didn't Know About Disney Princesses". ... Evans, Huw (2006). "Innovations Project Report" (PDF). Bournemouth University. Bournemouth University. Archived from the ... On the country-themed compilation album The Best of Country Sing the Best of Disney (2006), "Beauty and the Beast" was covered ...
The Blue and the Gold No No Yes Yes Dialogue Coach. Role: Pilot (uncredited) ... "The Wild Bunch: An Album in Montage". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved November 9, 2007.. ... Evans, Max (1972). Sam Peckinpah: Master of Violence. Dakota Press. ISBN 0-88249-011-7.. ... An Album in Montage (1996) directed by Paul Seydor. The latter was nominated for an Academy Award as Best Documentary Short ...
He continued this process with the films Holiday Inn (1942), Blue Skies (1946) and Easter Parade (1948), with Judy Garland and ... 1 shortly after 9/11, when Celine Dion recorded it as the title track of a 9/11 benefit album. The following year, the Postal ... Maurice Evans / Philip Faversham / Brock Pemberton (1950). *Ruth Green (1951). *Charles Boyer / Judy Garland / Edward Kook ( ... In 1927, his song "Blue Skies", was featured in the first feature-length talkie, The Jazz Singer, with Al Jolson. Later, movies ...
APRA Music Awards of 2013
Puberty Blues "Episode 1" Stephen Rae Nominated Rake "Season 2 Episode 8: Greene" Michael Lira, David McCormack, Antony Partos ... Sandy Evans Members of the Australian Art Orchestra and the Sruthi Laya Ensemble Nominated ... "Best Soundtrack Album". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) , Australian Guild of Screen Composers (AGSC). 2013. ... Blues & Roots Work of the Year. Title and/or artist Writer(s) Publisher(s) Result ...
The Fire debuted at number 8 in the UK album chart, giving Cardle his second top 10 album. He said the album is more like what ... It is described as incorporating "everything from Rock, Funk, Soul, Gospel, Pop and Blues to create his most musically diverse ... which debuted at number-two on the UK Albums Chart and the Irish Albums Chart. The album saw two more singles released, " ... He released his second studio album, The Fire, which charted at number 8 on the UK Albums Chart. In October 2013, Cardle ...
Pigsty Hill Light Orchestra
"Royal Garden Blues". *Us (12" vinyl album, various artists) The Village Thing VT-SAM 15 (1972) *"Sweet Miss Emmaline" (from ... Also included tracks by Dave Evans, Tight Like That, Wizz Jones, Fred Wedlock, Steve Tilston, Ian A. Anderson, Tucker Zimmerman ... Turner left the band after this album, and Bill Cole took his place as the fourth member of the band for their second album, ... The album received good reviews, including this one from the Melody Maker: "The Pigsty Hill Light Orchestra must be one of the ...
'68 Comeback -...
Albums. *Paper Boy Blues 10" (Sympathy For The Record Industry, 1993, SFTRI 258) ... For the purposes of the band, Jeffrey Evans is frequently billed as either "Monsieur Evans" or "Monsieur Jeffrey Evans." The ... This album was followed in 1999 by Love Always Wins, an album primarily of cover songs which is widely considered to be the ... The 2000s saw '68 Comeback on hiatus as Monsieur Evans pursued a solo career, releasing albums with the C.C. Riders, the Porch ...
In all, during the 1960s, he recorded eight studio albums as a bandleader for Blue Note, and more than two dozen as a sideman.[ ... Bill Evans. Interplay. Riverside. 1962 Joe Farrell. Sonic Text. Contemporary. 1980 Curtis Fuller. Boss of the Soul-Stream ... Coltrane's first album with Impulse!. Later, in August 1961, Hubbard recorded Ready for Freddie (Blue Note), which was also his ... On 19 June 1960 Hubbard made his first record as a leader, Open Sesame at the beginning of his contract with Blue Note Records ...
"Album Premiere: Mountain Heart, 'Blue Skies'". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-05-06.. *^ a b "IBMA Awards Recipients Named". ... Produced by uber-producer, Mark Bright (Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Sara Evans, BlackHawk), the project achieved stellar ... Blue Skies, their first album for over five years, saw another revamped line-up, including Molly Kate Cherryholmes of ... This album, produced by the band's own, Jim VanCleve, was critically acclaimed and highly sought after, becoming one of ...
Evans Blue (album) - Wikipedia
Evans Blue is the third studio album by Canadian rock band Evans Blue. It is the first to feature new singer Dan Chandler and ... 1][dead link] "NEW EVANS,BLUE SINGLE "SICK OF IT" van Evans Blue op Myspace". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2012-02-15. "iTunes - ... Evans Blue Dan Chandler - vocals Parker Lauzon - rhythm guitar Vlad Tanaskovic - lead guitar Joe Pitter - bass Howard Davis - ... CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) "iTunes - Music - Say It (Radio Edit) - Single by Evans Blue". Itunes.apple.com ...
Blues in Orbit (Gil Evans album) - Wikipedia
Blues in Orbit is an album by jazz composer, arranger, conductor and pianist Gil Evans, recorded in 1969 and 1971 by Evans with ... drums Sue Evans, Donald McDonald - percussion Gil Evans discography accessed June 12, 2014. Discogs album entry, accessed June ... The album was originally released on the short-lived Ampex label as Gil Evans but received wider release on the Enja label ... The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow awarded the album 4½ stars stating "Arranger Gil Evanss first recording as a leader in five ...
Jazz - Just Reduced (LPs, CDs, Vinyl Record Albums) -- Dusty Groove is Chicago's Online Record Store
Blues & more LPs, CDs, vinyl records, albums, 45s, singles New & Used. ... Gil Evans & Steve Lacy - Paris Blues ... CD Owl/Sunnyside, 1988. Used ... $9.99 Add to Cart. A beautiful set of duets between ... The album has a nice batch of subdued New Orleans-type brass ... read more LP, Vinyl record album (Black label pressing with ... Titles include Night Train, Mister Goodbeat, Bolo Blues, Hey Mrs Jones, and Coach 13. LP, Vinyl record album ...
WFMU: Irwin Chusid: Playlist from May 23, 2012
Bill Evans Blue Monk Conversations with Myself 0:03:48 (. ) Pink Floyd Matilda Mother The Piper at the Gates of Dawn 0:08:41 ( ... Yes, I really like the new Primitives album also. Ill have to get it. Fuel my Anglophilia. Because, you know, Im an ... Theres a cover of a Gordon Lightfoot song (The Way I Feel) on this Fotheringay album that Ive always found shiveringly ... I think there should be a whole album of Klaus locked-groove remixes! :) ...
Alligator Records - Genuine Houserockin' Music Since 1971
Alligator Records is the worlds foremost authority on blues music and blues artists. View artist bios, liner notes, and shop ... Steve Evans: Bass on "Blues With A Feeling" and "Let Your Woman Have Her Way". Emily Bishop, Kristen Lindsat, Susan McKay: ... Blues Cruise; The Blues Foundation; and Bruce Iglauer and everybody at Alligator for welcoming us back.. ... Bob Welsh: Guitar, Organ on "Let Your Woman Have Her Way," Bass on "Old School" and Piano on "Blues With A Feeling". Stev... ...
2014 All Time Albums Poll NOT the Results! - Acclaimed Music Forums
2483 Sonny Boy Williamson (II) Down and Out Blues. 2484 Bill Evans Undercurrent. 2485 Julian Cope Peggy Suicide. 2487 Ariel ... 2510 Gil Evans The Individualism of Gil Evans. 2517 You Am I Hi Fi Way. 2518 Public Image Ltd. Album/Compact Disc/Cassette. ... 2282 Tony Bennett The Tony Bennett/Bill Evans Album. 2284 The Go-Betweens Before Hollywood. 2285 Wynton Kelly Smokin at the ... 773 , The Blues Brothers , The Blues Brothers. 774 , Lana Del Rey , Born to Die. 775 , Bat for Lashes , Two Suns. 776 , Janet ...
'Beauty' On Orrin Evans' Block |...
Blues Connotation, drummer Donald Edwards and bassist Eric ... On Philadelphia pianist Orrin Evans trio version of Ornette ... Evans new album is called "...It was beauty." Folks who love Brad Mehldaus gem-like ballads and lucidly developed solos will ... On the album "...It was beauty," Orrin Evans tweaks his trio, swapping out bassist Eric Revis a couple of times, as if guests ... WHITEHEAD: Orrin Evans new album is called "...It was beauty." Folks who love Brad Mehldaus gem-like ballads and lucidly ...
Half Note Records: Live from the Blue Note
Live from the Blue Note jazz article by Bob Kenselaar, published on March 18, 2013 at All About Jazz. Find more Record Label ... Founded by the Blue Note Jazz Club in 1998, Half Note Records started out by quietly releasing albums recorded live at the club ... And prior to that, he was a VP at Warner Brothers, where he produced Bill Evans Turn Out the Stars: The Final Village Vanguard ... Ever since, I always felt to be a member of the Blue Note family. So when [Blue Note President] Steven Bensusan approached me ...
Chris Botti Returns to the Palladium | Photography | nuvo.net
"Blue in Green", a tune that was written by the great pianist Bill Evans and performed by Evans and Miles Davis on the landmark ... Shoots for Downbeat, Living Blues. Contact me for music/album photography or portraits ... "Kind of Blue" album was beautiful as well. The performance concluded with a fun rendition of "What a Wonderful World" sung by ... "popularized by the great Frank Sinatra on his album of the same name, released in 1955. ...
B27920 - The Iveys (Badfinger) - 1970 Beautiful & Blue Apple Acetate (UK) - Tracks
The song appears on the Magic Christian soundtrack album, it was produced by Mal Evans. The condition is very good. ... B27920 - The Iveys (Badfinger) - 1970 Beautiful & Blue Apple Acetate (UK). £750.00. A single sided 7 inch Apple Corps Ltd. 3 ... Savile Row Custom Recording label acetate for the 1970 Badfinger song Beautiful and Blue. ...
Rolling Stone's Top 500 Albums | SoundStageDirect
We sell vinyl records featured in Rolling Stones Top 500 albums list. Factory-sealed and a huge selection! Also featuring the ... With both Evans and Davis attracted to the blues undercurrents permanently entrenched in the Spanish flamenco strains, ... Ranked 16/500 on Rolling Stone Magazines 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. Dylans Masterpiece Break-Up Album: Sentimental ... Ranked 133/500 on Rolling Stone Magazines 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. Ready to Die is the debut album of American rapper ...
mudcat.org: RadioProgrm:My Top200 Albums of All Time
David Blue: Stories (1972). songs: Marianne/House of Changing Faces. extra: Peace Piece by Bill Evans (1957) from "Everybody ... Ill try that blue clicky next time. Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate Subject: RE: RadioProgrm:My Top200 Albums ... Subject: RE: RadioProgrm:My Top200 Albums of All Time. From: Larry The Radio Guy Date: 08 Jul 13 - 12:08 AM Here are the albums ... Tony Bennett Bill Evans Album (1975). songs: My Foolish Heart/The Touch Of Your Lips.. 26. Fraser & Debolt: self titled. (1971 ...
MR&M: Profile: Brian Eno
Thats why I brought along Miles Daviss 1958 album Kind of Blue. On the liner notes, the late pianist Bill Evans writes: ... Enos own first solo LP, Here Come the Warm Jets, released in 1974, set the stage for a series of solo albums demonstrating ... The first thing we worked on was the Harold Budd record, the second ambient album [The Plateaux of Mirror]. And he really ... MR&M: Ive long been impressed, Brian, by your album cover art. Are these covers, and the work youve been showing me in your ...
The 100 Jazz Albums That Shook The World
... pianists Bill Evans and Wynton Kelly, bassist Paul Chambers and drummer Jimmy Cobb. Certainly, Kind of Blue must be measured by ... Two weeks or so later LaFaro was dead and Evans left with the ashes of his first great group. This album became Evans own ... Gil Evans - The Individualism of Gil Evans - Verve Gil Evans (p, arr, comp) with, among others, Johnny Coles, Ernie Royal, Thad ... D Natural Blues to a surprised Wes. Every track on this album is a classic and his songs West Coast Blues and Four on Six ...
In Movement Limited 180gram Vinyl 2LP Set + Download - Jack DeJohnette, Ravi Coltrane
Blue In Green by Miles Davis and Bill Evans (Jack is one of the few musicians to have played in the bands of both men) and ... by Jack DeJohnettes adventurous new trio with Ravi Coltrane and Matthew Garrison comes the 2-LP version of the album, produced ... 4. Blue In Green. Disc: 2. 1. Serpentine Fire. 2. Lydia. 3. Rashied. 4. Soulful Ballad. ... A Reality Tour Limited Edition Translucent Blue 180 Gram 3LP Box Set - DAVID BOWIE ...
Bill Evans With Don Elliott & Jerry Wald Solar. Tubby Hayes and the Downbeat Big Band Blues at the Manor 1959-1960 Acrobat ... Although a live album, comprising mostly of tracks featured on 2012s "Far Flung", (even the cover art harks back to that album ... which takes the album momentarily into a more soulful country zone. The album concludes with Afrika Metropolitaine, a ... All these albums are reviewed in the October 2015 issue of Jazzwise which is out now - to read them all click here to subscribe ...
6:50 AM Medeski Martin & Wood Nocturne Combustication Blue Note. 6:55 AM Bill Evans Minha Homecoming Fantasy Jazz. 7:00 AM Dan ... ARTIST , TITLE , ALBUM , LABEL. tim perkis , code , motive , praemedia. kevin parish / skip found teli , jed hed , jed ep , ... Changin the Blues-Earl Hines & Jimmy Rushing-Blues & Things-New World Records. Movement III-Jean Papineau-Couture-Portraits- ... My Old Flame-Jackie McLean-Consequences-Blue Note Records. Open That Grass Can-No Neck Blues Band-Intonomancy-Sound At One. ...
Fathers and Sons (Expanded Edition) by Muddy Waters on Apple Music
... from the album Fathers and Sons (Expanded Edition) for $1.29. Free with Apple Music subscription. ... later replaced by Elgin Evans), and in person, Waters and his group earned their reputation as the most powerful blues band in ... However, the jolly irony was that British blues fans would soon rekindle interest in Waters and electric Chicago blues; as the ... heard the blues legend was without a record deal, and was instrumental in getting Waters signed to Blue Sky Records, a CBS- ...
The Gil Evans Centennial Album: A Major Moment in Jazz History « Lucid Culture
Newly Discovered Works of Gil Evans. Given access to the Evans family… ... To date, Truesdell has staged a series of commemorative big band concerts as well as releasing the album Centennial: ... Conductor/arranger Ryan Truesdell launched the Gil Evans Project last year to commemorate the centennial of the most cinematic ... The composition hauntingly blends Middle Eastern and Indian themes with energetically jazz and blues-based interludes, a ...
Burning Can Festival at the Lyons Outdoor Games - Oskar Blues
"Theres the blues, and theres zip-a-dee-doo-dah." The new Son Volt album is titled Notes of Blue. ... like the unpainted walls framing Walker Evans best portraits from Let Us Now Praise Famous Men: simple, durable, weathered and ... 9:30pm: Drop off at Oskar Blues Boulder Taproom. 10:00pm: Pick up in Lyons. 10:30pm: Drop off at Tasty Weasel Taproom in ... Yes, The Oskar Blues Trolley will be running from Longmont and Boulder. Schedule is as follows. ...
YouTube - Page 2 - B12 Solipsism
Evans, Coltrane, Adderley, Cobb, Chambers). Its one of the most influential albums in jazz. It broke from bebop in a big way ... the famous blues club in Austin - I think it is closed down now - Clifford Antone had some problems with the law, sold drugs or ... "Kind of Blue (Legacy Edition)" (Miles Davis). Speaking of police arresting iconic black dudes, Miles Davis had his own dustup ... John Lee Hooker singing, "Im Bad Like Jesse James", from the album, Live at Cafe Au Go Go is one such song for me. ...
'68 Comeback -...
Albums. *Paper Boy Blues 10" (Sympathy For The Record Industry, 1993, SFTRI 258) ... For the purposes of the band, Jeffrey Evans is frequently billed as either "Monsieur Evans" or "Monsieur Jeffrey Evans." The ... This album was followed in 1999 by Love Always Wins, an album primarily of cover songs which is widely considered to be the ... The 2000s saw 68 Comeback on hiatus as Monsieur Evans pursued a solo career, releasing albums with the C.C. Riders, the Porch ...
Top 10 Jazz Artists Who Died Young - Listverse
... album "Kind of Blue." Additionally, the hard-driving C minor blues standard "Mr. P.C." on John Coltranes "Giant Steps" album ... He toured with several minor bandleaders until he was discovered by Miles Davis, and it is his duet with pianist Bill Evans ... The success of his first solo album in 1976 led to his union with keyboardist Josef Zawinul and Weather Report. He was severely ...
Medicine Head: New Bottles Old Medicine. Norman Records UK
Between the 2 of them, Peter Hope-Evans and John Fiddler play an array of percussion, guitar and harmonica, successfully ... Lesser-spotted British folk-rock group Medicine Head recorded their debut album New Bottles Old Medicine in 1970. ... channeling Delta Blues and rural English folk idioms alike. Something special about this one, where has it been hiding all ...
babysue®: LMNOP® Reviews from dONW7 - September 2009
... and the American guitar traditions of blues, jazz, and rock. That sums things up rather well. The album is divided into eleven ... Ford is incredible to be certain...but so is his backup band which includes Neal Evans (B-3 organ), Travis Carlton (bass), and ... Tobys stamp is all over this album. The sound of the album virtually resembles the sound of Keiths recent solo albums. Some ... The overall sound and feel of this album reminds us very much of Carly Simons first few albums (before Simons music became ...
The Quietus | Features | The Quietus Tracks Of The Year 2016
Ondo Fudd - Blue Dot. Bruce - Summers Gotta End Sometime. Matt Evans. Cult Of Luna & Julie Christmas - The Wreck Of SS ... An Easy Extraction: The Top 100 Albums Of 2016 So Far » * The Quietus Albums Of The Year 2016, In Association With Norman ... Acid Arab - Buzq Blues. Justice - Chorus. Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker. El Perro Del Mar - Breadandbutter ... Catherine Christer Hennix/ Chora(s)san Time-Court Mirage - Blues Alif Lam Mim In The Mode Of Rag Infinity / Rag Cosmosis ...
Bill Mays' Inventions Trio Gets Cinematic and Soulful « Lucid Culture
His latest album, Lifes a Movie, with his Inventions Trio (Marvin Stamm on trumpet and Alisa Horn on cello) is a richly ... They open with a quartet of Bill Evans pieces. My Bells gets a matter-of-fact, glistening, all-too-brief take, followed by ... Interplay, a through-composed/through-improvised blues. Before recording it, Mays said to Horn he wished she could play both ... Posted by delarue , jazz, Music, music, concert, review, Reviews , album review, alisa horn, bill may lifes a movie review, ...
Insight Scoop | The Ignatius Press Blog: Some thoughts on the catholicity of jazz
Also see The Best of Bill Evans.. • Wynton Marsalis: Standard Time, Volume 5: The Midnight Blues. Marsalis has a vast body of ... I really dont have favorite Jazz albums per se, because the art form is diverse that I cannot pinpoint those albums that I ... and I can only take a little bit of Ornette Coleman or Cecil Taylor before I turn to the Blue Note albums of the 1950s and 60s ... to Empress of the Blues Bessie Smith (especially during those early era recordings when jazz and blues were pretty much one in ...
Jazz: i 100 migliori album di sempre - Panorama
11) Bill Evans Trio - Sunday At The Village Vanguard. 10) John Coltrane - Blue Train ... Jazz: i 100 migliori album di sempre. Jazz: i 100 migliori album di sempre. Un secolo fa venne inciso il primo disco jazz dalla ... La storia del jazz è fatta di album straordinari, vere e proprie opere geniali che hanno cambiato il jazz e e la musica nel suo ... Un album meravigliosamente visionario e dalla ricchezza sonora straripante (due bassi, due batterie, una chitarra elettrica, ...
Livres de chansons Miles Davis - Partition Miles Davis - Tablatures Miles Davis
Blue en vert , tellement ce que et Freddie Freeloader . Nest pas seulement Kind of Blue un des albums plus vendus de ... Wynton Kelly et Bill Evans et la beaut de la qualit de lenregistrement. Kind of Blue inclus ces joyaux: ... legendary album, expertly transcribed for trumpet, alto and tenor sax, piano and bass. Songlist All Blues Blue In Green ... Davis Miles : Kind Of Blue (Transcribed Scores). The complete score of Miles Davis legendary album, expertly transcribed for ...
TrioPianist2019Eric Dolphy2018Band'sArrangerGuitaristDebutJazz1959Wynton KellyDavis19991971Recordings1970Drummer2000John Coltrane'sMusicTenorQuartet2017World'sKeith Jarrett1964WaltzMonkMusicians1980s1974Sonny RollinsClarence WilliamsBranford MarsalisTimePianoRhythmFolkBassKindOrchestraBeatlesPreachinLouis Armstrong1961VocalsArtistSingerVinyl1984ImpulseBandSoundtrack albumSongsTributeHarp
- On Philadelphia pianist Orrin Evans ' trio version of Ornette Coleman 's "Blues Connotation," drummer Donald Edwards and bassist Eric Revis set a New Orleans second-line groove tinged with vintage hip-hop. (wunc.org)
- It was beauty," Evans tweaks his trio, swapping out bassist Eric Revis a couple of times, as if guests were sitting in during a nightclub set. (wunc.org)
- Jazz critic Kevin Whitehead says Evans' new trio record make a perfect introduction. (wunc.org)
- Following in the footsteps of the CD release of 'In Movement' by Jack DeJohnette's adventurous new trio with Ravi Coltrane and Matthew Garrison comes the 2-LP version of the album, produced on 180g and with a free download. (whatrecords.co.uk)
- Following the release of their first full length album in 2013, the trio, consisting of Jordan Caiola, Shane Woods, and Nate Matulis began playing venues throughout the city. (oskarblues.com)
- His latest album, Life's a Movie, with his Inventions Trio ( Marvin Stamm on trumpet and Alisa Horn on cello) is a richly tuneful, purposeful collection that bookends a characteristically cinematic Mays suite with fresh takes on old classics. (wordpress.com)
- Look at his recordings in 2012: no fewer than four albums, all completely different, with two of them - an album with Burton, "Hot House," and a trio tribute to Bill Evans, "Further Explorations" - gaining five Grammy nominations. (variety.com)
- the debut album with the Gareth Williams Power Trio, showcases Williams' skills as an outstanding composer, pianist and improviser. (linnrecords.com)
- Barron's trio plus tenor saxophonist Charlie Rouse, that, after a Thelonious Monk tribute album, and a mediocre Flight Path (january 1983), gave him the opportunity to write Baiana and Lunacy for Four For All (march 1987). (scaruffi.com)
- A bit of research told me that Aaron is well known as a sideman for people like Betty Carter and Joshua Redman, Eric plays with Joshua and veteran vibes-player Bobby Hutcherson in the SFJAZZ Collective and Aaron and Eric play together in a trio that has recorded an album on which Kurt Rosenwinkel guests. (blogspot.com)
- The trio includes bass player Reuben Rogers and the title "Worlds" seems to be a reference to range of influences at work on the music on this album. (blogspot.com)
- Like the Brad Mehldau trio, this trio has its roots in the sound and approach of the early Bill Evans Trio. (blogspot.com)
- Since forming in 1999, the trio of guitarist Eric Krasno, drummer Alan Evans and keyboardist Neal Evans has carried the torch for the soul-jazz organ trio -- that venerable, funky institution pioneered by the likes of Jimmy Smith, Brother Jack McDuff and Groove Holmes in the late '60s. (ticketweb.com)
- Blues in Orbit is an album by jazz composer, arranger, conductor and pianist Gil Evans, recorded in 1969 and 1971 by Evans with an orchestra featuring Jimmy Cleveland, Howard Johnson, Billy Harper, and Joe Beck. (wikipedia.org)
- Pianist Orrin Evans came up in Philadelphia, absorbing lessons from local keyboard heroes like Shirley Scott and Trudy Pitts. (wunc.org)
- A beat like that is catnip to pianist, and Evans gets right down and rolls in it. (wunc.org)
- "Blue in Green" , a tune that was written by the great pianist Bill Evans and performed by Evans and Miles Davis on the landmark "Kind of Blue" album was beautiful as well. (nuvo.net)
- He toured with several minor bandleaders until he was discovered by Miles Davis, and it is his duet with pianist Bill Evans that opens "So What," the signature song of Miles Davis' album "Kind of Blue. (listverse.com)
- This album by Catholic pianist and composer Mark Christopher Brandt features eight totally improvised pieces: seven named after the gifts of the Holy Spirit and an eighth titled 'Come Creator Spirit. (catholicculture.org)
- Even Kind of Blue-the most explicated jazz session in history-gets shoddy treatment from Burns in the film, who elides any mention of pianist Bill Evans, the man who gave the record its revolutionary modal sound. (counterpunch.org)
- When Davis had invited Evans to join the combo, the pianist was not as well known as the others in the group. (blogspot.com)
- This album was followed in 1999 by Love Always Wins , an album primarily of cover songs which is widely considered to be the band's most accessible album to date. (wikipedia.org)
- The band's 1968 debut album set the stage for both German electronic music and experimental punk music a decade later. (expose.org)
- Of the band's members, Bill Evans seemed the most curious addition. (blogspot.com)
- The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow awarded the album 4½ stars stating "Arranger Gil Evans's first recording as a leader in five years found him leading an orchestra that could be considered a transition between his 1950s groups and his somewhat electric band of the 1970s. (wikipedia.org)
- Conductor/arranger Ryan Truesdell launched the Gil Evans Project last year to commemorate the centennial of the most cinematic composer in the history of jazz. (wordpress.com)
- During this period, he alternated between orchestral jazz collaborations with arranger Gil Evans , such as the Spanish-influenced Sketches of Spain (1960), and band recordings, such as Milestones (1958) and Kind of Blue (1959). (popflock.com)
- This is one of the four albums where Miles and Gil Evans (arranger & conductor) were together with a small orchestra of horns and percussion, and it was fueled by Spanish melodies that fascinated Davis to the point he needed to get into them and go beyond: El Concierto de Arajuez by Joaquín Rodrigo and El Amor Brujo by Manuel de Falla. (soundstagedirect.com)
- The album was dedicated to original guitarist Jack Taylor who had recently died of a drug overdose. (wikipedia.org)
- The band released their first album in 1973, having settled on a lineup that included bassist Leon Wilkeson and former Strawberry Alarm Clock guitarist Ed King . (wikipedia.org)
- AllMusic describes him as "a rocking powerhouse of a guitarist who gave blues a burst of momentum in the '80s, with influence still felt long after his tragic death. (wikipedia.org)
- Unusally, Reuben uses electric bass and takes the first solo, reminding me of guitarist Wes Montgomery who played bass on his Movin' Along album. (blogspot.com)
- During an interview with FaceCulture , Opeth guitarist Fredrik Åkesson confirmed that the band have been writing and demoing material for their new album. (metalanarchy.com)
- Drummer Evan Williams got stuck at a work party, so guitarist William Evans (yes, those are their real names) is behind the kit. (indyweek.com)
- Lesser-spotted British folk-rock group Medicine Head recorded their debut album New Bottles Old Medicine in 1970. (normanrecords.com)
- 1.) Cecile McLorin Salvant, For One to Love (Mack Avenue) - Her debut album two years ago was one of those once-in-a-generation calling cards in which soul, grace, power and intelligence materialize in one implausibly commanding 24-year-old package. (geneseymour.com)
- I loved the debut album by Eggstone some twenty years ago. (wfmu.org)
- Recorded in early 1961 for "Africa/Brass," the large ensemble album that would mark the saxophonist great's debut for Taylor's new label, the songs were recorded and conducted by trumpeter and Coltrane friend Cal Massey. (blogspot.com)
- Becoming a part of the city's folk revival, he was discovered by Kris Kristofferson, resulting in the production of Prine's self-titled debut album with Atlantic Records in 1971. (google.com)
- Guthrie's best-known work is his debut piece, 'Alice's Restaurant Massacree", a satirical talking blues song about 18 minutes in length that has since become a Thanksgiving anthem. (google.com)
- Even back home in Australia the 21-year odl singer Melody Pool has yet to create a wave and in his review of her debut album The Hurting Scene, the writer Iain Shedden for the Australian opened. (elsewhere.co.nz)
- He gained fame after his performance at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 1982, and in 1983 his debut studio album, Texas Flood , charted at number 38. (wikipedia.org)
- Williams made his recording debut on McLean's Vertigo album (Blue Note) in February 1963. (amoeba.com)
- He also made his debut as a leader on Lifetime (1964 Blue Note) with a quartet featuring Rivers. (amoeba.com)
- Orrin Evans came in for some rash criticism last year when he said he'd rather not call his music "jazz," preferring the broader term Black American Music. (wunc.org)
- Founded by the Blue Note Jazz Club in 1998, Half Note Records started out by quietly releasing albums recorded live at the club and didn't really get the jazz world to sit up and take notice until Paquito D'Rivera b.1948 clarinet " data-original-title="" title=""> Paquito D'Rivera 's Live at the Blue Note won a Grammy in 2001. (allaboutjazz.com)
- Levenson also had a history with the Blue Note Jazz Club that went back to its founding, first when he was soliciting ads from the club for Hot House , a jazz magazine he co-founded. (allaboutjazz.com)
- So, we thought that to celebrate the hundredth issue of your favourite magazine we'd take that perilous step to announce what we think are the 100 Jazz Albums That Shook The World. (jazzwisemagazine.com)
- Not just another "greatest jazz albums" list of favourite recordings and biggest sellers but a fully annotated look at the albums that actually changed jazz, changed lives and brought the music kicking and screaming into the new millennium. (jazzwisemagazine.com)
- As a work of art, it's classic Gil Evans: deep, rich and relentlessly intense, a titanic achievement and a major moment in jazz history, on par with the discovery of Charles Mingus' Epitaph. (wordpress.com)
- The composition hauntingly blends Middle Eastern and Indian themes with energetically jazz and blues-based interludes, a characteristic roller-coaster ride from Dan Weiss' hypnotic tabla introduction, to screaming woodwind cadenzas, menacing low brass portents and suspensefully whispery washes, alto saxophonist Steve Wilson's long, allusively modal, spiraling solo accented by Frank Kimbrough's apprehensively twinkling piano and the devastatingly direct drums of Lewis Nash . (wordpress.com)
- It's amazing how Evans would go from the exuberantly ornate tango-jazz of this chart to the plushness - not to mention the terseness - of his version for Miles Davis. (wordpress.com)
- In its own unselfconsciously soulful way, this is one of the best jazz albums of the year. (wordpress.com)
- La storia del jazz è fatta di album straordinari, vere e proprie opere geniali che hanno cambiato il jazz e e la musica nel suo insieme. (panorama.it)
- Un album meravigliosamente visionario e dalla ricchezza sonora straripante (due bassi, due batterie, una chitarra elettrica, sax, percussioni e pianoforti elettrici), considerato il primo grande incontro tra jazz e rock (imperdibile Miles runs the voodoo down con la tromba di Davis che "insegue" Jimi Hendrix), ma soprattutto uno dei dischi più importanti e influenti di sempre. (panorama.it)
- Les Giants de s rie Jazz est con u pour fournir une m thode pour tudier, d'analyser, en imitant et en assimilant les aspects idiosyncrasiques et g n rales des styles diff rents g ants du jazz. (guitar-directory.com)
- Recorded live at the Jazz Gallery in New York City, the album begins with the exciting, brawny "Luquitas," which is a composition that is based upon a built upon and opened up from an previous Alexander original dedicated his son, "Little Lucas. (blogspot.com)
- Kind of Blue , all the Gil Evans stuff, Bitches Brew and the rest of the fusion-jazz material. (blogspot.com)
- Sur Blue , le quintette Mostly Other People Do the Killing (Peter Evans, Jon Irabagon, Ron Stabinsky, Moppa Elliott, Kevin Shea) recrée à la note près le célèbre album Kind of Blue de Miles Davis, sacré depuis longtemps meilleur album de jazz de tous les temps. (monsieurdelire.com)
- LP, near-unanimously hailed as the best jazz album ever. (monsieurdelire.com)
- Which means that MOPDTK have recorded the best jazz album ever. (monsieurdelire.com)
- Quatre improvisations en mode free jazz, beaucoup d'énergie, de l'émotion aussi (Mockunas me fait un peu penser à Paul Flaherty). (monsieurdelire.com)
- 2.) Kamasi Washington, The Epic (Brainfeeder) - I suspect this will likely lead most of the lists my peers are assembling for the year's best jazz albums. (geneseymour.com)
- The most famous jazz album ever made, and rightly so. (catholicculture.org)
- Africa/Brass," "Genius + Soul=Jazz" and "Blues And The Abstract Truth" had been reissued in Europe, with different cover arts using Pete Turner's shots, on Creed's own CTI label in 1993, in the now extremely hard-to-find PDCTI series. (blogspot.com)
- Drawing on a range of influences Williams' compositions range from the elegant 'Evans the Piano', to the elegiac 'For Hedd Wyn, Alun Lewis and the Others', the intense modern jazz of 'Seven Leaves', the lop-sided modernity of 'Some In' and the crisp funk of 'Keeping Up With Our Jones's', making this Williams' most complete statement to date. (linnrecords.com)
- After a widely acclaimed comeback performance at the Newport Jazz Festival in 1955, he signed a long-term contract with Columbia Records and recorded the 1957 album 'Round About Midnight . (popflock.com)
- The latter recording remains one of the most popular jazz albums of all time, having sold over four million copies in the U.S. (popflock.com)
- This period, beginning with Davis' 1969 studio album In a Silent Way and concluding with the 1975 concert recording Agharta , was the most controversial in his career, alienating and challenging many in jazz. (popflock.com)
- Starts with Illinois Jacquet playing "Flying Home" with Lionel Hampton's Orchestra, then we get Jacquet playing "Blues" at the first Jazz at the Philharmonic concert -- the first candidate record in the book posing the question of what was the first rock & roll record. (tomhull.com)
- An edgy, technically spectacular, inventive and slightly twisted jazz quartet of German-based free improvisers Christian Lillinger (drums), Petter Eldh (bass), Wanja Slavin (sax), with NY trumpeter Peter Evans (Mostly Other People Do the Killing) on trumpet, for 9 innovative compositions that thrill, amuse, and keep you on the edge of your seat. (squidco.com)
- It is one of his most accessible and less improvisational albums, some even outclassed it from the reigns of Jazz. (soundstagedirect.com)
- Indeed, though Burns underplays this, jazz sprang from the blues. (counterpunch.org)
- For Burns, jazz reached its apogee with Armstrong and Ellington and its denouement with Davis' 1959 recording, Kind of Blue. (counterpunch.org)
- and, despite the fact that Bitches Brew went on to be one of the best-selling jazz albums of all time, Davis is still being slammed. (counterpunch.org)
- Next spring will mark the 50th anniversary of a monumental moment in jazz history, the production of an album that has stood apart from its contemporaries like no other. (blogspot.com)
- For nearly half a century, Kind of Blue , recorded by the Miles Davis Sextet, has maintained its reputation as a groundbreaking achievement and a work that has greatly influenced those generations of jazz musicians who have followed. (blogspot.com)
- In Ashley Kahn's book chronicling the recording, Kind of Blue: The Making of the Miles Davis Masterpiece , the author refers to this release as the "premier album of its era, jazz or otherwise. (blogspot.com)
- The album has sold millions of copies around the world, making it the best-selling recording in Miles Davis's catalog and the best-selling classic jazz album ever. (blogspot.com)
- Evans combined these influences with lessons learned from legends of traditional jazz, such as Art Tatum, and more contemporary figures, like Bud Powell. (blogspot.com)
- In his volume, The History of Jazz , Ted Gioia suggests the inclusion of Evans as an accompanist for Davis and the other band members greatly shaped the sextet's style: "The cooler aesthetic of Davis and Evans tempered and counterbalanced the fire-and-brimstone exhortations of Coltrane and Adderley. (blogspot.com)
- especially in my favorite field of obscure Jazz and Blues. (stubbyschristmas.com)
- Classically trained but an ardent jazz fan thanks to Armed Forces Radio, he began hanging out at clubs like the Blackhawk and the Jazz Workshop, where he heard such greats as Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie, and Bill Evans. (apple.com)
- Vuckovich also presented a very successful piano clinic featuring the styles of Bill Evans, Erroll Garner, Bud Powell, and Red Garland at the 2005 International Association for Jazz Education convention in Long Beach. (apple.com)
- Is this the jazz album of 2006? (blogspot.com)
- In the 1980s, Shirley Horn began the second act of her career: She signed with the Verve label in 1987 and recorded a series of breakthrough albums, including I Remember Miles , which won a Grammy for Best Jazz Vocal Album in 1999. (npr.org)
- Abercrombie, a New York native of Scottish parents, began his career straddling rock, blues and jazz. (newyorkjazzrecord.org)
- An great group of musicians and an excellent choice of tunes make "A Note Spiegate" an excellent jazz album. (blogspot.com)
- Intelligent art rock meets jazz fusion with elements of blues, funk and experimental with special guests Bill Evans, Harvie S and Paul Wertico from the Grammy-winning Pat Metheny Group 10 MP3 Songs JAZZ: Jazz Fusion, ROCK: Instrumental Rock De. (tradebit.com)
- So we did it for Half Note, Another Kind of Blue: The Latin Side of Miles Davis (2004)," and it was nominated for a Grammy. (allaboutjazz.com)
- Other covers include the classic 'Blue In Green' by Miles Davis and Bill Evans (Jack is one of the few musicians to have played in the bands of both men) and 'Serpentine Fire', from the songbook of Earth, Wind and Fire, a tribute to Maurice White - who also collaborated with Jack in the early years. (whatrecords.co.uk)
- Nouveaux arrangements pour piano seul de 17 airs classiques par le grand Miles Davis: All Blues Blue in Green Boplicity (Be Bop Lives) Dig Flamenco Sketches Four Freddie Freeloader Half Nelson Miles Milestones Nardis Seven Steps to Heaven So What Solar Somethin' Else The Theme Tune Up. (guitar-directory.com)
- The complete score of Miles Davis' legendary album, expertly transcribed for trumpet, alto and tenor sax, piano and bass. (guitar-directory.com)
- Who, other than Garland, would think to tag a boisterous tango onto the tail of Bill Evans'/Miles Davis' "Blue in Green? (allaboutjazz.com)
- The Evans/Davis ballad was no slavish copy, with the melody merely alluded to by Garland's oddly powerful tenor, though Symcock's delicate playing brought some of Bill Evans' unique lyricism to the piece. (allaboutjazz.com)
- After a five-year retirement due to poor health, Davis resumed his career in the 1980s, employing younger musicians and pop sounds on albums such as The Man with the Horn (1981) and Tutu (1986). (popflock.com)
- Miles Davis and Gil Evans bridged styles and collaborated on high-concept projects a total of three times during their celebrated career. (soundstagedirect.com)
- For their final act, they created Sketches of Spain, a peak moment in each luminarys career and a transformative album that weds Spanish themes, lush orchestrations, romantic timbres, and Davis increasingly lyrical methods in a tender ceremony that continues to resonate more than five decades after its original release. (soundstagedirect.com)
- With both Evans and Davis attracted to the blues undercurrents permanently entrenched in the Spanish flamenco strains, listeners can finally wholly detect the myriad microdynamic tonalities, brooding ostinato devices, and minor pedal points that stamp the compositions with divine sensibility and goffered effect. (soundstagedirect.com)
- At the time of this recording, the Miles Davis Sextet consisted of Davis (trumpet), Julian "Cannonball" Adderley (alto saxophone), Paul Chambers (bass), James Cobb (drums), John Coltrane (tenor saxophone), and Bill Evans (piano). (blogspot.com)
- Even while Williams toured the globe with the Davis band and played on such classic albums as E.S.P. (1965 Columbia), Nefertiti (1967 Columbia), and Filles De Kilimanjaro (1968 Columbia), he never stopped working as a sideman when his schedule permitted. (amoeba.com)
- She recorded three albums for Mercury and ABC/Paramount, and received much encouragement from fellow artists such as Davis and Quincy Jones . (npr.org)
- Although versions of these pieces were released separately in the 60s, the arrangement for the three pieces together is from an unrecorded 1971 Berlin concert and it is as massive as Evans ever got (which says a lot). (wordpress.com)
- 1971 - The Rolling Stones took out a full page ad in the U.K.'s music papers denouncing the release of the album Stone Age. (vintagevinylnews.com)
- And prior to that, he was a VP at Warner Brothers, where he produced Bill Evans 1929 - 1980 piano " data-original-title="" title=""> Bill Evans ' Turn Out the Stars: The Final Village Vanguard Recordings (1996). (allaboutjazz.com)
- Originally completed in 2000 and released as an exclusive MP3 album in 2002 on Artifact Recordings, Motive by Tim Perkis comes to CD as the second release for Praemedia. (praemedia.com)
- Motive, originally released as an MP3 album on Artifact Recordings, gets a second chance in proper CD format and proves to be fine listening -- within the realm of experimental electronics. (praemedia.com)
- The depth of Waters' influence on rock as well as blues is almost incalculable, and remarkably, he made some of his strongest and most vital recordings in the last five years of his life. (apple.com)
- Gary Peacock RIP - Legendary bassist Gary Peacock, veteran of many recordings and performances with Paul Bley, George Russell, Roland Kirk, Bill Evans, Tony Williams, and many more. (expose.org)
- In fact, loaded on his iPod were a total of 21 Dylan albums, including all six volumes of the singer's bootleg series, but no studio recordings more recent than 1989's Oh Mercy, Isaacson writes. (blogspot.com)
- Evans, born on this date (August 16) in 1929, was in his late twenties, and he had been appearing in some clubs as a sideman or had performed as a session player on a few recordings, but he lacked the kind of experience evidenced by the rest of the sextet. (blogspot.com)
- The albums included in the three-disc set are remastered from original ECM analog recordings of Arcade (1979), Abercrombie Quartet (1979) and M (1981). (newyorkjazzrecord.org)
- KEVIN WHITEHEAD, BYLINE: Orrin Evans on Ornette Coleman's "Blues Connotation," where drummer Donald Edwards and bassist Eric Revis set a New Orleans second-line groove tinged with vintage hip-hop. (wunc.org)
- The two weeks at the Blue Note that yielded "Further Explorations" was also Corea's first substantial encounter with drummer Paul Motian - known for his collaborations with Bill Evans and Keith Jarrett - who died soon thereafter. (variety.com)
- By the 1960s and 70s, things had only intensified on this front, with albums by leading players and breakthrough artists becoming major events, not only for the media feasting on them but for the fans, many who had come to the music from a flourishing progressive rock scene that thrived on such things. (jazzwisemagazine.com)
- The rural South was a hotbed for the blues in the '20s and '30s, and young Muddy became entranced with the music when he discovered a neighbor had a phonograph and records by the likes of Blind Lemon Jefferson, Lonnie Johnson, and Tampa Red. (apple.com)
- It trivializes any consideration of where this album might stand on a "best albums of the year" list: this is music for eternity. (wordpress.com)
- Over the last couple of weeks here on tQ, some of you may have noticed that we have been doing our bit to round-up the year with our take on the best music that was released in 2016, be it via our list of our 100 favourite albums or in last week's pick of 100 reissues, compilations, mixes and the all-important "etc" . (thequietus.com)
- It was a combination of his autobiography and the albums ' Round About Midnight and Milestones that shook my music listening world. (blogspot.com)
- FLAM is clearly the X factor on the album since he occupies a Brian Eno stylized role (as with Roxy Music and U2) where his programming of street dialogues and atmospheric synthesizer swells are a part of the overall arrangement. (expose.org)
- This is the 2004 release of their beloved Christmas album, featuring music from the 15th through the 20th century. (catholicculture.org)
- A Red Cross ambassador, Sara received the national Crystal Cross award for her work with the disaster-relief organization and recently raised more than $10,000 for CMA Foundation and music education from the sale of her ONEHope Sara Evans Signature Series 2014 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. (saltlakemagazine.com)
- As Cedric and the Divine Light, he recorded an album, From Mento to Reggae to Third World Music . (tomhull.com)
- a great album that really stretches what world music can be, and seamlessly blends many styles of music. (earshot-online.com)
- Those with a long memory, or an interest in popular music, may recall that some years ago I wrote the Intro for a book of Bill's called Legends of the Blues . (blogspot.com)
- But surely that distinction belongs to the blues, the music born on the plantations of the Mississippi delta. (counterpunch.org)
- His film packs in everything that's been produced since Kind of Blue (40 years worth of music) into a single griping episode. (counterpunch.org)
- In addition, Bill Evans brought to the music a different perspective and more formal background, one that included classical training on piano and flute, as well as university studies in music theory. (blogspot.com)
- Pageant , which premiered Off-Broadway in 1991 at the Blue Angel, is written by two-time Tony nominee Russell ( Side Show ) and Kelly, with music by Evans. (playbill.com)
- This album might surprise some people who have tenor saxophonist Eric Alexander pegged as someone whose comfort zone only lies within bebop or hard bop. (blogspot.com)
- This installment covers a period that marks the both the pinnacle of success for Basie's Kansas City style and also some setbacks, including the death of tenor man Herschel Evans, the recording ban of the early 1940s, and the advent of World War II. (wncu.org)
- They open with a quartet of Bill Evans pieces. (wordpress.com)
- Already 30 years that his first album as a band leader, «Spleen», was released with the "New Musette" Quartet. (richardgalliano.com)
- With Eldh and Slavin he also founded the Quartet Amok Amor with the American trumpeter Peter Evans, who released his first album of the same name in 2015. (squidco.com)
- Disc two-from Abercrombie Quartet -opens with the precise and punchy "Blue Wolf" with blistering performances from Abercrombie and Beirach. (newyorkjazzrecord.org)
- The work that Truesdell - one of the world's leading Evans scholars - ranks as the composer's magnum opus is the nineteen-minute-plus triptych Waltz/Variation on the Misery/So Long. (wordpress.com)
- Lunasa is one of the world's greatest traditional Irish bands, and this album is on Thomas Mirus's top ten list. (catholicculture.org)
- At 70 years-old, he continues to live a great life, always thankful of how he came to be one of the world's great blues guitarists. (wncu.org)
- The first previously unreleased piece, Punjab, was originally intended to be released on the legendary 1964 lp The Individualism of Gil Evans but for some reason never made the cut (maybe because it's almost fifteen minutes long). (wordpress.com)
- In this capacity, he brought his astounding skills to such important and lasting albums as Dolphy's Out To Lunch (1964 Blue Note), Andrew Hill's Point Of Departure (1964 Blue Note), Shorter's The Soothsayer (1965 Blue Note), Hancock's Maiden Voyage (1965 Blue Note), and others. (amoeba.com)
- Albums became an increasingly important way for musicians to communicate with the wider world beyond the smoke and limitations of the night club circuit. (jazzwisemagazine.com)
- The group contains a revolving cast of musicians, the only constant member being Evans himself. (wikipedia.org)
- the best way for aspiring musicians to honor the memory of Pete Ham and Tom Evans would be to study this book. (mindspring.com)
- The Cold Blue label has been around since the early 1980s, producing a number of excellent vinyl releases, then a few years later they folded up shop, only to re-emerge as a CD label a decade later maintaining the same high standards and musical focus, with many of the same artists. (expose.org)
- In spite of a short-lived mainstream career spanning seven years, he was one of the most influential guitarists in the revival of blues in the 1980s. (wikipedia.org)
- Levenson took the reins at Half Note after having worked as a Vice President at Columbia Records, where he was executive producer of Grammy-winning albums by Branford Marsalis b.1960 saxophone " data-original-title="" title=""> Branford Marsalis and Bela Fleck b.1958 banjo " data-original-title="" title=""> Bela Fleck , among many others. (allaboutjazz.com)
- 2014 All Time Albums Poll NOT the Results! (acclaimedmusic.net)
- The 2014 All-time Album Poll is now officially closed. (acclaimedmusic.net)
- Evans can be a heavy hitter at the keyboard, but this time out, he reins himself in a bit. (wunc.org)
- I was spending a lot of time at the Blue Note in those years, and I worked for the club, too. (allaboutjazz.com)
- Ranked 191/500 on Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. (soundstagedirect.com)
- I'll try that blue clicky next time. (mudcat.org)
- Our 666 Best Songs of All Time list becomes a hit, as do our year-end lists for best songs, best albums and best New York area concerts. (wordpress.com)
- This time out his story is the blues. (earshot-online.com)
- All the while, Bill Evans' astonishing piano colored my laboratory in vivid melodic smoke. (magnetmagazine.com)
- Miles Davis's reaction to the oft-voiced complaints about Bill Evans's color was, 'I don't care if he's purple, blue, green or polka dotted-Bill has the piano sound I want in my group. (blogspot.com)
- This album brings together the guitar stylings and prolific somgwriting of David Erdmann and his close-knit rhythm section, Sean Brown on bass and Steve Bryant on drums. (globerecords.com)
- In 1984, the Blues Foundation named him Entertainer of the Year and Blues Instrumentalist of the Year, and in 1987, Performance Magazine honored him with Rhythm and Blues Act of the Year. (wikipedia.org)
- Between the 2 of them, Peter Hope-Evans and John Fiddler play an array of percussion, guitar and harmonica, successfully channeling Delta Blues and rural English folk idioms alike. (normanrecords.com)
- Though his discography often presents him conjuring up unholy and profound noise, he plays with traditions here, reshaping blues and folk idioms. (aquariumdrunkard.com)
- 1954 - Tommy Evans became the bass singer for the Ravens. (vintagevinylnews.com)
- 1.) Jane Ira Bloom, Early Americans (Outline) - Hard to believe that after sixteen albums through nearly four decades, Bloom has never before walked the high wire with nothing more than a bass (Mark Helias) and trap set (Bobby Previte). (geneseymour.com)
- I want to call it Another Kind of Blue . (allaboutjazz.com)
- C'est effectivement Kind of Blue interprété le plus fidèlement possible. (monsieurdelire.com)
- All of the numbers on Kind of Blue are complete takes-there were no edits within pieces. (stereophile.com)
- There was no PCM interstage, and the Kind of Blue SACDs are not repurposed "Red Book" data. (stereophile.com)
- Each afternoon, Kind Of Blue blurted from the radio alarm. (magnetmagazine.com)
- Bill Evans's impressionistic harmonies added to the emotive power of Kind of Blue , and served to reinforce Davis's zen-like insistence on simplicity of means. (blogspot.com)
- If Audio only - any track from Kind Of Blue. (elsewhere.co.nz)
- Opening up with the title track of the above-mentioned original album, we have the kind of high-energy improvisation that worked so well on Gateway . (newyorkjazzrecord.org)
- From the rocking boogie of Johnson's 'Preachin' Blues' and 'Last Fair Deal' to the heartbreaking intimacy of Williams' 'Mansion On the Hill,' Willis, a veteran bluesman with incredible vocal range and stylistic maturity, makes an important and memorable contribution to Robert Johnson's and Hank Williams' songbooks. (globerecords.com)
- What struck us most about this album were the vocals. (babysue.com)
- After his battle with squamous cell cancer in 1998, Prine's vocals deepened into a gravelly voice, resulting in the award-winning album Fair & Square. (google.com)
- And Mikael [Åkerfeldt, guitar/vocals] has almost already written 12 songs for the new album, so we have more material than enough for an album. (metalanarchy.com)
- Muddy Waters was the single most important artist to emerge in post-war American blues. (apple.com)
- Playlists have to include artist, song and album name (label is optional) and be in a reasonably regular format for my program to be able to parse them. (folkradio.org)
- Marisa Anderson's second solo album - and a rare contemporary artist release on the deep, dark and lost archival discoverers at Mississippi Records! (dustygroove.com)
- The majority of these 100 albums appeared originally on vinyl and since then have been reissued on CD, often more than once and in differing configurations, with bonus tracks, special packaging or fattened into deluxe box sets. (jazzwisemagazine.com)
- This is why, where possible, original vinyl album artwork is reproduced, identifying the original release label and date of recording so that there is a rock-solid starting point in terms of proper provenance. (jazzwisemagazine.com)
- So, on the 3CD set, Disc 1 gives us the original stereo album as released on vinyl as Impulse! (jazzwisemagazine.com)
- transparent blue virgin vinyl - 180gr. (fan.pl)
- Rest assured, when the Evans brothers first brought Kraz by their Woodstock studio, there was plenty of old vinyl spread out on the floor. (ticketweb.com)
- Evans Blue is the third studio album by Canadian rock band Evans Blue. (wikipedia.org)
- Evans has played with Bobby Watson, the Mingus Big Band and the group Tar Baby. (wunc.org)
- To date, Truesdell has staged a series of commemorative big band concerts as well as releasing the album Centennial: Newly Discovered Works of Gil Evans. (wordpress.com)
- Evans recorded this on the Individualism lp with a band only two-thirds the size of the ensemble here and the result is a mighty, surrealistically chilling, absolutely transcendent sweep. (wordpress.com)
- the version here dates back seven years earlier to 1950 and Evans' tenure in Claude Thornhill's big band. (wordpress.com)
- For the purposes of the band, Jeffrey Evans is frequently billed as either "Monsieur Evans" or "Monsieur Jeffrey Evans. (wikipedia.org)
- With the success of their first tour under their belt, the band re-entered the studio, completing their first EP , Paper Boy Blues , in 1993, and their first full-length, Mr. Downchild , in 1994. (wikipedia.org)
- The 2000s saw '68 Comeback on hiatus as Monsieur Evans pursued a solo career, releasing albums with the C.C. Riders , the Porch Ghouls , and eventually reuniting with Walter Daniels and ex-Oblivan, Jack Yarber , for the band South Filthy . (wikipedia.org)
- Skinner also allowed the band to use a photo of his Leonard Skinner Realty sign for the inside of their third album. (wikipedia.org)
- The band continued to perform throughout the South in the early 1970s, further developing their hard-driving blues rock sound and image, and experimenting with recording their sound in a studio. (wikipedia.org)
- Actually I wrote a whole album for that band that I never got around to recording, so that's one I'd like to do. (variety.com)
- This is the original band lineup, with Duane Allman and Berry Oakley, just two albums into a career that took a nose dive when Oakley and brother Duane died, leaving the band in the competent but less exciting hands of brother Gregg and Dickey Betts. (tomhull.com)
- In 2008, he composed his first band Christian Lillingers Grund, whose first two released albums were released at Clean Feed Records at the end of 2009 and 2013. (squidco.com)
- I wasn't here during 2012, but I'm pretty sure that there was a songs poll that year, but no albums poll. (acclaimedmusic.net)
- Here are the albums featured and songs played in Episode 1. (mudcat.org)
- Honda's national commercial - Composed and produced 10 songs for Hondells albums and singles. (mikecurb.com)
- The songs on this album are connected in some way with what it's like to for one's looks to be scrutinized and summarily judged. (geneseymour.com)
- Between Tim, Dana & Rob the 'balance' of the album sits where it should, letting the songs do the talking. (globerecords.com)
- The album has some grit and you can't be entirely certain that Pippus didn't gargle with Jack Daniels before he recorded the songs. (earshot-online.com)