The act, process, or result of passing from one place or position to another. It differs from LOCOMOTION in that locomotion is restricted to the passing of the whole body from one place to another, while movement encompasses both locomotion but also a change of the position of the whole body or any of its parts. Movement may be used with reference to humans, vertebrate and invertebrate animals, and microorganisms. Differentiate also from MOTOR ACTIVITY, movement associated with behavior.
Influence of crossdrafts on the performance of a biological safety cabinet. (1/301)A biological safety cabinet was tested to determine the effect of crossdrafts (such as those created by normal laboratory activity or ventilation) upon the ability of the cabinet to protect both experiments and investigators. A simple crossdraft, controllable from 50 to 200 feet per min (fpm; 15.24 to 60.96 m/min), was created across the face of the unit. Modifications of standardized procedures involving controlled bacterial aerosol challenges provided stringent test conditions. Results indicated that, as the crossflow velocities exceeded 100 fpm, the ability of the cabinet to protect either experiments or investigators decreased logarithmically with increasing crossdraft speed. Because 100 fpm is an airspeed easily achieved by some air conditioning and heating vents (open windows and doorways may create velocities far in excess of 200 fpm), the proper placement of a biological safety cabinet within the laboratory--away from such disruptive air currents--is essential to satisfactory cabinet performance. (+info)
Neural mapping of direction and frequency in the cricket cercal sensory system. (2/301)Primary mechanosensory receptors and interneurons in the cricket cercal sensory system are sensitive to the direction and frequency of air current stimuli. Receptors innervating long mechanoreceptor hairs (>1000 microm) are most sensitive to low-frequency air currents (<150 Hz); receptors innervating medium-length hairs (900-500 microm) are most sensitive to higher frequency ranges (150-400 Hz). Previous studies demonstrated that the projection pattern of the synaptic arborizations of long hair receptor afferents form a continuous map of air current direction within the terminal abdominal ganglion (). We demonstrate here that the projection pattern of the medium-length hair afferents also forms a continuous map of stimulus direction. However, the afferents from the long and medium-length hair afferents show very little spatial segregation with respect to their frequency sensitivity. The possible functional significance of this small degree of spatial segregation was investigated, by calculating the relative overlap between the long and medium-length hair afferents with the dendrites of two interneurons that are known to have different frequency sensitivities. Both interneurons were shown to have nearly equal anatomical overlap with long and medium hair afferents. Thus, the differential overlap of these interneurons with the two different classes of afferents was not adequate to explain the observed frequency selectivity of the interneurons. Other mechanisms such as selective connectivity between subsets of afferents and interneurons and/or differences in interneuron biophysical properties must play a role in establishing the frequency selectivities of these interneurons. (+info)
Modeling breathing-zone concentrations of airborne contaminants generated during compressed air spray painting. (3/301)This paper presents a mathematical model to predict breathing-zone concentrations of airborne contaminants generated during compressed air spray painting in cross-flow ventilated booths. The model focuses on characterizing the generation and transport of overspray mist. It extends previous work on conventional spray guns to include exposures generated by HVLP guns. Dimensional analysis and scale model wind-tunnel studies are employed using non-volatile oils, instead of paint, to produce empirical equations for estimating exposure to total mass. Results indicate that a dimensionless breathing zone concentration is a nonlinear function of the ratio of momentum flux of air from the spray gun to the momentum flux of air passing through the projected area of the worker's body. The orientation of the spraying operation within the booth is also very significant. The exposure model requires an estimate of the contaminant generation rate, which is approximated by a simple impactor model. The results represent an initial step in the construction of more realistic models capable of predicting exposure as a mathematical function of the governing parameters. (+info)
Discharge profiles of abducens, accessory abducens, and orbicularis oculi motoneurons during reflex and conditioned blinks in alert cats. (4/301)The discharge profiles of identified abducens, accessory abducens, and orbicularis oculi motoneurons have been recorded extra- and intracellularly in alert behaving cats during spontaneous, reflexively evoked, and classically conditioned eyelid responses. The movement of the upper lid and the electromyographic activity of the orbicularis oculi muscle also were recorded. Animals were conditioned by short, weak air puffs or 350-ms tones as conditioned stimuli (CS) and long, strong air puffs as unconditioned stimulus (US) using both trace and delayed conditioning paradigms. Motoneurons were identified by antidromic activation from their respective cranial nerves. Orbicularis oculi and accessory abducens motoneurons fired an early, double burst of action potentials (at 4-6 and 10-16 ms) in response to air puffs or to the electrical stimulation of the supraorbital nerve. Orbicularis oculi, but not accessory abducens, motoneurons fired in response to flash and tone presentations. Only 10-15% of recorded abducens motoneurons fired a late, weak burst after air puff, supraorbital nerve, and flash stimulations. Spontaneous fasciculations of the orbicularis oculi muscle and the activity of single orbicularis oculi motoneurons that generated them also were recorded. The activation of orbicularis oculi motoneurons during the acquisition of classically conditioned eyelid responses happened in a gradual, sequential manner. Initially, some putative excitatory synaptic potentials were observed in the time window corresponding to the CS-US interval; by the second to the fourth conditioning session, some isolated action potentials appeared that increased in number until some small movements were noticed in eyelid position traces. No accessory abducens motoneuron fired and no abducens motoneuron modified their discharge rate for conditioned eyelid responses. The firing of orbicularis oculi motoneurons was related linearly to lid velocity during reflex blinks but to lid position during conditioned responses, a fact indicating the different neural origin and coding of both types of motor commands. The power spectra of both reflex and conditioned lid responses showed a dominant peak at approximately 20 Hz. The wavy appearance of both reflex and conditioned eyelid responses was clearly the result of the high phasic activity of orbicularis oculi motor units. Orbicularis oculi motoneuron membrane potentials oscillated at approximately 20 Hz after supraorbital nerve stimulation and during other reflex and conditioned eyelid movements. The oscillation seemed to be the result of both intrinsic (spike afterhyperpolarization lasting approximately 50 ms, and late depolarizations) and extrinsic properties of the motoneuronal pool and of the circuits involved in eye blinks. (+info)
Demographic variation in cancer in relation to industrial and environmental influence. (5/301)Mortality data (183,064 deaths in a 30-year period, 1940-1969) by sex and three ethnic groups (white excluding Spanish-surnamed, nonwhite, and Spanish-surnamed) in 15 regions within the city (Houston), grouped around the air pollution sample collection stations have been analyzed. Valid contrast studies were possible in only one region within the city for all three groups and in six regions for white excluding Spanish-surnamed and nonwhite. There is evidence that the environmental factors of exposure over time to air and industrial pollutants in Houston has had a demonstrable effect in increasing regional mortality from cancer of the respiratory tract as well as from all other diseases and conditions of the respiratory tract and heart disease. This study points out the need for mutually sustained collaboration of effort of the scientific and industrial communities to redirect their attention and research efforts to the exploration of the carcinogenic potential of the microchemical environment. (+info)
The aerodynamics and hydrodynamics of plants. (6/301)Because they grow away from their substratum to compete for light, plants have to withstand hydrodynamic or aerodynamic drag. Both water and land plants reconfigure in response to this drag, and this is presumed to reduce the risk of mechanical failure. However, there is little unequivocal evidence of drag reduction in large trees as a result of reconfiguration. Land plants must also transport water internally to their tissues, and many have developed xylem tracheids and vessels that help speed up this process. Recent evidence that tree height is limited by water supply suggests that water transport efficiency must be a crucial element in tree design. However, the resistance of many parts of the xylem is still unknown. More focused work is urgently required to shed light on the evolution and ecology of plants in relation to the flow of fluids. (+info)
Airborne infection in a fully air-conditioned hospital. I. Air transfer between rooms. (7/301)Measurements have been made of the extent of air exchange between patient rooms in a fully air-conditioned hospital using a tracer-gas method. When the rooms were ventilated at about six air changes per hour, had an excess airflow through the doorway of about 0.1 m.3/sec. and the temperature difference between rooms and corridor was less than 0.5 degrees C., concentrations of the tracer in rooms close to that in which it was being liberated were 1000-fold less than that in the source room. This ratio fell to about 200-fold in the absence of any excess airflow through the doorways. Considerable dilution took place along the corridors so that the concentration fell by around 10-fold for every 10 m. of corridor. (+info)
Airborne infection in a fully air-conditioned hospital. II. Transfer of airborne particles between rooms resulting from the movement of air from one room to another. (8/301)Experiments were conducted simultaneously with gas and particle tracers to determine the relative loss of particles between source and recipient sites in the hospital ward units. The magnitude of this loss could be accounted for by the assumption of sedimentation from well-mixed air masses during the time required for movement between source and recipients sites. As a consequence of this loss the degree of isolation between patient rooms for airborne particles was between 4 and 25 times greater than that for gaseous contamination, which reflects the actual transport of air between the rooms. The design and construction of portable spinning-disk particle generators suitable for field studies is discussed. (+info)
Clean Air India Movement
The Clean Air India Movement is a campaign aimed at engaging, encouraging, and educating Indian citizens to adopt air friendly ... Clean Air India Movement - a nationwide campaign to spread awareness about air pollution - has started from Gurgaon. The ... Clean Air India Movement, launched the "Save Your Lungs" campaign to increase awareness of the ill-effects of rising air- ... "Clean Air India Movement won Energy and Environment Foundation Global Environment Award 2016". "Air Quality Monitoring App". ...
Air Movement and Control Association
... an A2LA accredited laboratory that tests air control and air movement devices for members of the air control and air movement ... The AMCA Certified Ratings Program (CRP) is a program which allows all manufacturers of air movement and air control devices to ... It applies to a fan or other air moving device when air is used as the test gas with the following exceptions: (a) air ... provides engineers with basic information regarding devices and engineering principles relevant to the air movement and air ...
Tea Party movement
The AFP's "Hot Air Tour" was organized to fight against taxes on carbon use and the activation of a cap and trade program. A ... The Tea Party movement focuses on a significant reduction in the size and scope of the government. The movement advocates a ... The Tea Party movement has been described as both a popular constitutional movement and as an "Astro Turf operation" purporting ... The Tea Party movement was an American fiscally conservative political movement within the Republican Party that began in 2009 ...
New Communist movement
A New Communist Movement Takes Shape". Revolution in the Air (Hardcover ed.). London: Verso. pp. 102-103. ISBN 978-1-85984-617- ... The New Communist movement (NCM) was a diverse left-wing political movement principally within the United States, during the ... The Movement for a Revolutionary Left. The New Communist Movement: An Obituary. "Marxists.org." March, 1981. RCYM. Take the War ... Black Power movement Communism in the United States Revisionism (Marxism) "Learning from the New Communist Movement". ...
Proponents of nuclear energy point to the fact nuclear power produces virtually no conventional air pollution, greenhouse gases ... Chris Goodall (23 February 2009). "The green movement must learn to love nuclear power". The Independent. Retrieved 15 October ... Mackay, David (2009). Sustainable Energy: Without the Hot Air. UIT Cambridge. ISBN 978-0-9544529-3-3. David Sheff (March 1983 ... Atoms for Peace Bright green environmentalism (aka Ecomodernism) Ecomodernist movement; environmentalist ideology supportive of ...
National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad
At the end of January, they claimed to have shot down a Malian Air Force Mig-21 with the surface-to-air missiles acquired from ... The National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad or the Azawad National Liberation Movement (Tamasheq ... Movements of the united Fronts of Azawad), of 2006 (MTNM - The Tuareg Movement of Northern Mali, which was led by the late ... National liberation movements, Organizations established in 2011, Political movements in Mali, Rebel groups in Mali, Secularism ...
... and worsening air and water pollution. Starting with the formation of the Commons Preservation Society in 1865, the movement ... The movement also encompasses some other movements with a more specific focus, such as the climate movement. At its broadest, ... The environmental movement (sometimes referred to as the ecology movement), also including conservation and green politics, is ... The most influential part of the environmental movement in India is the anti-dam movement. Dam creation has been thought of as ...
Cuban dissident movement
Finally, a breeze of fresh, hopeful air. On 29 March 2009, at Tania Bruguera's performance where a podium with an open mic was ... The Cuban dissident movement is a political movement in Cuba whose aim is to replace the current government with a liberal ... Christian Liberation Movement, a movement and group of Catholics that was founded by Oswaldo Payá. Ladies in ... Rosa Parks Feminist Movement for Civil Rights San Isidro Movement, a group of writers, artists, academics and journalists ...
Movements for Piano and Orchestra (ballet)
Farrell, Suzanne; Bentley, Toni (1990). Holding on to the Air: An Autobiography. pp. 76-83. ISBN 9780671682224. Sutton, Madelyn ... would listen to Movements of Stravinsky by itself? ... I don't think I would. But when you hear Movements and you see Movements ... Movements for Piano and Orchestra on New York City Ballet's website Movements for Piano and Orchestra on the George Balanchine ... Starting in 1966, Movements and Monumentum pro Gesualdo (1960) are performed together. Movements for Piano and Orchestra is set ...
Views of Lyndon LaRouche and the LaRouche movement
"AIDS Spread by Air, Mosquitoes, LaRouche Says". Los Angeles Times. July 13, 1986. p. 30. Kevin Roderick (October 30, 1986). " ... Some of the movement's ideas were later adopted by the Wise use movement. The LaRouche movement opposed ratification of the ... the LaRouche movement entered into an alliance with Louis Farrakhan's Nation of Islam. Another LaRouche movement member with a ... she has described the movement as following in the footsteps of Martin Luther King Jr.: "Mr. And Mrs. LaRouche built a movement ...
Five Movements, Three Repeats
Macaulay, Alastair (August 7, 2012). "Gulping the Heady, Thin Air of Creativity". New York Times. Macaulay, Alastair (September ... Five Movements, Three Repeats is a dance choreographed by Christopher Wheeldon. It is set to music by Max Richter, including ... Five Movements, Three Repeats was created for the Vail International Dance Festival, and premiered there in August 2012, after ... Also in September 2012, the original cast performed Five Movements, Three Repeats for the Fall for Dance Festival at the New ...
Men's rights movement in India
"Men's groups want 'offensive' ad off air". DNA India. 16 September 2008. Retrieved 22 April 2014. "Mujhe Meri Biwi Se Bachao ... A previous movement started in the early 1960s died out due to lack of support. The current movement claims to have 2,000 ... The movement seeks, among other things, to have children take their fathers' names and to end the system of property ... Men's rights movement Nisha Sharma dowry case, acquittal in 2012. Violence against men "A DEMAND FOR A NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR ...
Freedom of movement under United States law
Current US Code addresses air travel specifically. In 49 U.S.C. § 40103, "Sovereignty and use of airspace", the Code specifies ... Freedom of movement is basic in our scheme of values. Six years later, the court struck down a federal ban restricting travel ... Freedom of movement under United States law is governed primarily by the Privileges and Immunities Clause of the United States ... Freedom of movement across frontiers in either direction, and inside frontiers as well, was a part of our heritage. Travel ...
Independent Citizens Movement
p. 6. "'Mission' of Party Aired". The Virgin Islands Daily News. Archived by Google. February 4, 1970. pp. 2, 5. "Platform of ... The Independent Citizens Movement (or Independent Citizens' Movement) is a political party in the U.S. Virgin Islands that was ... the Independent Citizens Movement (The ICM)" (advertisement). Independent Citizens Movement. Virgin Islands Daily News. ...
... and Air America Radio talk show host Lionel. Daniel Dennett suggests in his book Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural ... The Brights movement is a social movement whose members since 2003 refer to themselves as Brights and have a worldview of ... Even so, the "movement is not associated with any defined beliefs". The website Brights' Net says its goal is to include the ... The movement has grown to be a constituency of over 78,000 Brights in 204 nations and territories. Many, but not all, brights ...
List of Pakistan Movement activists
Akhtar, PAF, Air Marshal Masood (28 October 2011). "Six Suggested Founding Fathers' Vision Documents for Pakistan... II". ... Pakistan Movement activists, Leaders of the Pakistan Movement, Lists of activists). ... The Pakistan Movement was led by a large group of activists and statesmen who played crucial role in the politics of the ... The success of the Swadeshi movement led by Indian activists led the reintegrating the presidency and it was a catalyst in ...
A response led by Saudi Arabia included a 21 January air strike on a detention centre in Yemen, resulting in at least 70 deaths ... There is a difference between the al-Houthi family: 102 and the Houthi movement. The movement was called by their opponents and ... is an Islamist political and armed movement that emerged from Saada in North Yemen in the 1990s. The Houthi movement is a ... The Houthi movement (/ˈhuːθi/; Arabic: ٱلْحُوثِيُّون al-Ḥūthīyūn [al.ħuː.θiː.juːn]), officially called Ansar Allah (ʾAnṣār ...
Dervish movement (Somali)
Finally, the British Cabinet approved of air operations against the Dervish movement. It is said that the challenge of the ... To end the movement, the British sought out the competing Somali clans as coalition partners against the Dervish movement. The ... The Dervish Movement (Somali: Dhaqdhaqaaqa Daraawiish) was a popular movement between 1899 and 1920, which was led by the ... His death in 1921 due to either malaria or influenza ended the Dervish movement. The Dervish movement temporarily created a ...
Stay Woke: The Black Lives Matter Movement
Garofalo, Alex (2016-05-26). "What Does 'Stay Woke' Mean? BET To Air Documentary On Black Lives Matter Movement". International ... digs deep into the movement of Black Lives Matter and everything that this movement represents. The Black Lives Matter movement ... Stay Woke: The Black Lives Matter Movement at IMDb Stay Woke: The Black Lives Matter Movement on Bet v t e v t e (Articles with ... The "Stay Woke" documentary gives a deeper understanding to how the movement came to be and what the movement believes. The ...
Nour al-Din al-Zenki Movement
"Syrian troops advance toward air base besieged by IS". Associated Press. 19 October 2015. Retrieved 19 October 2015. Albin ... The Movement made multiple attempts to merge with the larger Islamist rebel group Ahrar al-Sham but were refused by Ahrar al- ... The Zenki Movement also made attempts to merge with other Islamist factions, Jaysh al-Islam and the Sham Legion. However, all ... The Nour al-Din al-Zenki Movement (Arabic: حركة نور الدين الزنكي Ḥaraka Nūr ad-Dīn az-Zankī) was a Sunni Islamist rebel group ...
Occupy movement in the United States
The Coffee Party also airs a show live from Occupy Houston once a week. Not all members of the city have been supportive of the ... The movement then relocated to Westlake Park on October 1, 2011. In doing so, the movement began to grow into its own. At first ... It is affiliated with the Occupy Wall Street movement that began in New York City, and also with the "Occupy" movement in the ... The Occupy movement in Utah started to grow in October and November 2011 with a new campsite in Salt Lake City in front of the ...
Anti-nuclear movement in Canada
Pembina Institute (2007). Clearing the Air About Nuclear Power Pembina Institute (2007). Uranium Mining: Nuclear Power's Dirty ... The anti-nuclear movement in Canada began as a part of the overall peace movement within Canada. The impetus for the anti- ... Anti-nuclear movement by country, Environment of Canada, Political movements in Canada, Nuclear energy in Canada, Protests in ... She was introduced to the anti-nuclear movement through a social connection to the American National Committee for a Sane ...
Environmental movement in South Africa
This includes the right to clean air, as exposure to air pollution affects human health. September, Shell 'Wild Coast' Ocean ... Political movements in South Africa, Environment of South Africa, Environmental movements by country, Environmentalism in South ... 2022: March, "Deadly Air" case heard in South Africa. Court confirms the constitutional right of the country's citizens to an ... The environmental movement in South Africa traces its history from the early beginnings of conservation, to the rise of ...
Three-Self Patriotic Movement
Montgomery, AL: Air Force Personnel and Training Research Center. p. 8. OCLC 5542137. Vala, Carsten Timothy (2008). Failing to ... The movement, in the eyes of critics, allowed the government to infiltrate, subvert, and control much of organized Christianity ... Documents of the Three-Self Movement. New York: National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A. 1963. pp. 19-20. ... The growth of the Chinese house church movement during this period was a result of all Chinese Christian worship being driven ...
Montgomery, AL: Air Force Personnel and Training Research Center. p. 42. OCLC 17082868. Ling, Oi Ki (1999). The Changing Role ... The Denunciation Movement (or "Accusation Movement") started on April 19, 1951, as a movement to rid the Christian church in ... and the ensuing anti-Western nationalistic May 4th Movement, an Anti-Christian Movement revived accusations of missionary ... The Denunciation Movement had an unexpected side effect of sparking a growth in membership of non-TSRM indigenous churches, ...
Stephen Turnham (February 27, 1992). "LaRouche Supporters Take Message to Cable; Show Airing on Public Access Channels". The ... The LaRouche movement has been called "cult-like" by The New York Times. The movement originated within the radical leftist ... The LaRouche movement has often been considered a far-right political movement. In 1984, LaRouche's research staff was ... The LaRouche movement attracted media attention in the context of the 1986 Illinois gubernatorial election, when movement ...
They also host a series of low-cost classes led by dance artists; an artist in residence program known by the name AIR; and MRX ... Portrait of Movement Research in the French magazine Mouvement "Movement Research in Residence". Rethinking the Imprint of ... making 122CC Movement Research's first permanent home in their 40 year history. Among Movement Research's initiatives are a ... Movement Research organizes performances at the Judson Memorial Church among other locations around New York City. It has a ...
Assyrian independence movement
The faith of the British existence in Iraq hanged in the hands of the 1500 Assyrian Levies' ability to hold the British Air ... The Assyrian independence movement is a political movement and ethno-nationalist desire of ethnic Assyrians to live in their ... The Assyrian Democratic Movement (or ADM) was one of the smaller political parties that emerged in the social chaos of the ... The independence movement is active both within the homeland and throughout the global diaspora, with much resistance from the ...
Atlanta: American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers. Kuligowski, E.D. (2004, June). Review of 28 ... Events that can require pre-movement time include hurricanes, wars, nuclear accidents, and major conflagrations. Pre-movement ... Pre-movement time is the time before, and the concomitant events and situational analyses prior to, an evacuation of an area. ... Part of pre-movement time also involves actions related to saving a structure (especially one's own home or domicile) or ...
Vault (urban movement)
Straddle vault: Performing a split in a mid air vault. Split One: A lazy vault with a split performed after the traceur is over ... In various urban activities, a vault is any type of movement that involves overcoming an obstacle by some combination of ... Although parkour doesn't involve the idea of set movements, practitioners use similar ways of moving to pass quickly and ...
Socialist Sunday School
In the US, a Sunday School movement linked to the German-American socialist movement emerged in New York and Chicago in the ... The Springburn branch met for many years in the Labour Party's Unity Hall in Ayr Street for lack of another venue. In 1926, ... A national movement, the National Council of British Socialist Sunday Schools Union, formed in 1909, traces its origin to a ... The Young Socialist Movement in America from 1905 to 1940: A Study of the Young People's Socialist League. PhD dissertation. ...
Pit of Peril
An air support unit comprising a helicopter crew and the Sidewinder relief crew evaluate the situation. The leader, General ... A scene set inside the pit uses camera movement and a carefully timed edit to give the impression that the Virgil puppet and ... Its crew of three - Colonel Sweeney, Frank and Johnny - are unhurt but their air and other life support systems are failing and ... under the sea and in the air". For Chris Bentley, it is one of a number that use "incredible technology in a developing world ...
Typhoon Dot (1964)
The HKO registered a minimum air pressure of 977 hPa (mbar; 28.85 inHg) as the center of Dot passed 30 km (20 mi) to the east; ... Dot's slow movement near landfall prolonged its impacts, with the Royal Observatory recording eight hours of gale-force winds ...
Another Indian television series titled Chekhov Ki Duniya aired on DD National in the 1990s, adapting different works of ... Peter Kropotkin (1 January 1905). "The Constitutional Movement in Russia". revoltlib.com. The Nineteenth Century. Raymond ...
Hastings Prototype House
Air conditioning was a very new feature for private homes at the time; it is possible that this reflected Andrus's hope to ... The architect, developer and contractor were all local, none of them involved with any of the contemporary movements that led ... Inside the building were more new products, such as fluorescent lighting and one of the first forced-air gas heating and ... Underneath the stairway is storage space and the original location of the heating and air conditioning controls. Upstairs, ...
The Mornington Island Airport was a temporary airfield used by the RAAF and allied air forces during World War II.[citation ... formed the Kaiadilt art movement, led by Sally Gabori (c.1924-2015). Evans established MIAAC to produce and market traditional ...
In loud enough environments, the ear canal can vibrate, causing the air trapped inside the earcup to vibrate as well. This ... avoiding overheating other parts of the body or trapping exhaust heat from strenuous movement. There are two main types of ... The protection usually comes from acoustic foam - this absorbs sound waves by increasing air resistance, thus reducing the ...
Hellmann, Jessie (2017-11-21). "Big Tobacco to air anti-smoking ads after decadelong fight". TheHill. Retrieved 2018-04-18. ... 1930-40 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tobacco_movement_in_Nazi_Germany In the early 1950s, several studies demonstrated a ... clean air controls, plain packaging and tobacco smuggling legislation. Initially, the concept of an international tobacco ...
Santa Rosa, Laguna
On February 5, 1945, the town was abandoned by Japanese soldiers when the local guerrilla resistance movement, with support ... Walter Mart Santa Rosa Bel-Air, Victory Mall Santa Rosa, Vista Mall Sta. Rosa, Paseo Outlets (formerly and still commonly known ...
Initial air raids had killed about 300 people, and Drauz carefully argued a case to his boss, Gauleiter and now Military ... "he was a particularly nasty specimen of the Nazi movement." For his brutality, indiscriminate murder, and responsibility in the ... In his defense he stated that the American pilot represented "Anglo-American air gangsters" who had indiscriminately murdered ... "an immoral lifestyle that defies description and will harm the overall movement". They pointed at notorious street drinking ...
My Pilot, Whale
The film first aired on Russian television on 20 January 2016 during the Observer program on the Culture channel. After ... The film's visual beauty is complemented by original music, a duet by a cello and bass guitar, that follows the movements of ...
Eunice Blanchard Poethig
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. "Aeroproducts Propeller, 3-Blade, Metal," Collection. Retrieved September 17, 2020. ... industrialization and sovereignty movements in the developing world. Richard contributed to the new field of "urban-industrial ...
... to be the first person to fly a heavier-than-air machine across the English Channel. The future of the Antoinette Company (led ... marking the beginning of the mental hygiene movement. The Committee, later called the National Mental Health Association, and ...
731st Expeditionary Attack Squadron
It continued training with Second Air Force until December, when it began its movement to the European Theater of Operations. ... Barry (1985). Army Air Forces Stations: A Guide to the Stations Where U.S. Army Air Forces Personnel Served in the United ... 1983) . Air Force Combat Units of World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0- ... The air echelon deployed via the South Atlantic air ferry route. The squadron established itself at RAF Deopham Green in ...
Occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge
Doucette's claims to be a judge are consistent with legal frauds often practiced by the sovereign citizen movement and other ... Story concerning the 1979 unarmed occupation of the Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge, formerly the Harris Neck Army Air ... Other members of the group were loosely affiliated with non-governmental militias and the sovereign citizen movement. The ... Occupation of Alcatraz Patriot movement Posse Comitatus Sagebrush Rebellion Taylor Grazing Act of 1934 Utah Transfer of Public ...
The Anabaptist movement, from which the Hutterites emerged, started in groups that formed after the early Reformation in ... Immediately after the first airing, many Hutterites began to complain that the show did not represent a true picture of typical ... but the movement was squashed. Although little hard evidence exists of a direct connection between Gaismair's uprising and ... Meet the Hutterites aired on the National Geographic Channel. Filmed primarily at King Ranch Colony near Lewistown, Montana, ...
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
... with some built atop a hydraulic rig to mimic the movement of seafaring while on land. The camera crew, led by director of ... arguing that the long air-flight would affect their health, and that their performance was unnatural and would create demand ...
Of Black America
... at the end of the Civil Rights Movement and during a time of racial unrest (Martin Luther King had been assassinated that ... except for the last episode which aired on a Monday. The first installment ("Black History: Lost, Stolen, Strayed") won an Emmy ...
Battle of Sio
A secondary outflanking movement was made inland, over the higher ground, which was usually coral cliffs covered by kunai grass ... On 4 February, the Australians were also forced onto air supply, as swollen rivers washed out a number of bridges. Each day the ... PT boats of Task Group 70.1 attempted to interdict barge traffic along the coast by night, while Fifth Air Force fighters ... The advance resumed on 27 December, preceded by air strikes by 18 B-25 Mitchell and 12 Boston bombers. The 2/15th Infantry ...
The device is connected to the home Wi-Fi network, and notifications of a button-press or detected movement are pushed to a ... that worked using a piped system of compressed air. A precursor to the electric doorbell, specifically a bell that could be ...
Execution by elephant
In Siam, elephants were trained to throw the condemned into the air before trampling them to death. There exists an account in ... plucked off his limbs in succession by a sudden movement of his trunk." Knox's book depicts exactly this method of execution in ... tosses the Man and the Stake into the Air, and in coming down, receives him on his Teeth, and making him off again, puts one of ...
United States Air Force tracking stations in the Bahamas were secured or moved to safer locations. Residents in the Florida ... The movement slowed, and the 1966 hurricane summary remarked that "Inez probably became nearly stationary closer to the United ... The Dominican Air Force also assisted in transporting injured people from outlying areas to Santo Domingo. The country deployed ... The country's military sent helicopters and planes to join the Mexican Air Force, as well as trucks by land, to deliver tons of ...
Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States
Chaplain Henry Clay Trumbull - Leader in the Sunday School Movement. Admiral of the Navy George Dewey - Hero of the Battle of ... Brigadier General Charles L. McCawley, USMC Brigadier General Billy Mitchell, USAAS - Military air power prophet. Brigadier ... and supremacy of the national movement" during the Civil War. The Loyal Legion was formed by in response to rumors from ...
The Mother of Us All
She has spoken so convincingly that the politicians, now afraid of the women's suffrage movement, have written the word "male" ... patriotic airs, and parlor songs" in order to emulate the atmosphere of America's 19th century political scene.Scholars claim ...
George Pocock in the book A TREATISE on The Aeropleustic Art, or Navigation in the Air, by means of Kites, or Buoyant Sails ... Franklin, steeped in Puritanism and an enthusiastic supporter of the evangelical movement, rejected the salvation dogma but ... Pocock, George (1851). A TREATISE on The Aeropleustic Art, or Navigation in the Air, by means of Kites, or Buoyant Sails. ... Retrieved February 6, 2017 Steven Johnson (2008) The Invention of Air, p. 39 ISBN 978-1-59448-401-8. Retrieved February 6, 2017 ...
The Ruff and Reddy Show
The series was set to be the opening and closing acts for a half-hour children's program airing on Saturday mornings. While ... "It was essential that we select only the key poses necessary to convincingly impart the illusion of movement in our cartoons." ...
Harold E. Pierce
Pierce was active in the Civil Rights Movement, and even active as a child in the 1930s through his dissemination of Black ... After many distinguished years, he resigned from the Air Force National Guard in 1976 and was promoted in 1987 on the Retired ... United States Air Force generals, 20th-century African-American people, 21st-century African-American people, Military ... Pierce accepted an assignment as the Chief of Dermatology at the 1600 USAF Hospital at Westover Air Force Base in Massachusetts ...
First Aid Nursing Yeomanry
Each woman was trained not only in first aid but signalling and drilling in cavalry movements. The original uniform was a ... Transport Corps Military ranks of women's services in WWII Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps Women's Auxiliary Air ...
Free German Youth
While the movement was intended to indoctrinate East Germany's young adults with the Marxist-Leninist ideology, it did not ... It arranged thousands of holidays for young adults through its Jugendtourist agency and ran discos and open-air rock concerts. ... Free-time activities were organised as part of the 'Young Talents' movement and in the tens of thousands of youth clubs and ... The Free German Youth (German: Freie Deutsche Jugend; FDJ) is a youth movement in Germany. Formerly, it was the official youth ...
Japanese escort ship CD-47 (1944)
"IJN Escort CD-47: Tabular Record of Movement". combinedfleet.com. Retrieved 6 February 2021. Toda, Gengoro S. "第四十七號海防艦の艦歴 (CD- ... 144.267 killing 773 out of 947 men of the 23rd Air Defense Battalion, 26 gunners, and 83 sailors. Sterlet also severely damaged ... Hackett, Bob; Cundall, Peter; Casse, Gilbert; van der Wal, Berend (2016). "IJN Shirasaki: Tabular Record of Movement". ... Tabular Record of Movement". combinedfleet.com. Retrieved 30 January 2021. ...
Conference on Environmental Justice, Air Quality, Goods Movement, and Green Jobs and Winter Awardee Meeting - January 25-27,...
The air movement supervisor
... ... Bunk beds, white, spring-supported, were the trusted companions of thousands of soldiers, ... One of them is air movement supervisor and Sergeant (Sgt) Vanessa Koch from the ATW 61. ... The good old bedsteads are now tied down at the cargo air terminal operation (CATO) of German Air Transport Wing 61 (ATW 61). ... The logistics hub of the German Air Force for the Balkan mission (KFOR) is located at the Bavarian Air Base Landsberg/Penzing ...
CrimethInc. : How the Yellow Vest Movement Survived into 2019 : A Chronicle from December 8, 2018 to January 5, 2019
How the yellow vest movement defied the calendar to continue into 2019, and a glimpse of what it may have in store. ... Gasping for Air. As the end of 2018 showed a loss of momentum, the die-hard elements of the movement struggled to keep it alive ... But the movement differs dramatically from one city to the next. Rather than discussing "the" yellow vest movement in the ... the yellow vest movement remains alive. Another nationwide day of action is called for January 12. Yet the movement is bitterly ...
Market Challenges | Hartzell Air Movement
Adequate air movement equipment solutions must be designed to work effectively within the limited footprint of marine ... Adequate air movement equipment solutions must be designed to work effectively within the limited footprint of marine ... Whether you have questions about sales, service, warranty or anything else, our team at Hartzell Air Movement are ready to help ... Whether you have questions about sales, service, warranty or anything else, our team at Hartzell Air Movement are ready to help ...
Roof Ventilator - Hartzell Air Movement
Whether you have questions about sales, service, warranty or anything else, our team at Hartzell Air Movement are ready to help ... Whether you have questions about sales, service, warranty or anything else, our team at Hartzell Air Movement are ready to help ... Thank you for contacting us at Hartzell Air Movement. Someone from our team will respond as soon as we can! ... mixing ceiling air with ambient outside air. In addition, the roof hood provides complete protection from the elements for ...
When Particulate Matter Strikes Cities: Social Disparities and Health Costs of Air Pollution by Matilde Giaccherini, Joanna...
Human Settlement & Movement eJournal. Subscribe to this fee journal for more curated articles on this topic ... When Particulate Matter Strikes Cities: Social Disparities and Health Costs of Air Pollution. CEIS Working Paper No. 467 ... We find that young individuals, an arguably healthy age group, exhibit economically meaningful responses to changes in air ... Keywords: health effects of air pollution, public transportation strikes, hospitalization costs, environmental inequality ...
The Open Air School Movement | OrangeBean Indiana
The first open-air schools debuted in Europe, but the movement soon spread to the United States. By 1908, the first open-air ... The open-air concept was soon deployed statewide. Fort Wayne followed on the heels of Indianapolis, opening its first fresh air ... Today, few people are aware of the history of the open-air school in Indiana. By the 1930s, the short reign of these schools in ... Open-air schools targeted children who were malnourished, had been exposed to tuberculosis, or were exhibiting pre-tuberculosis ...
Fresh Air Movement - Fun Fitness Events in Portland, Oregon
Gas Technician With Air Movement Inc. - Canada-wide , CANADA
Influences of Visual and Auditory Displays on Aimed Movements Using Air Gesture Controls
These results highlight the potential for auditory displays to aid aimed movements using air gestures in conditions where ... Participants completed these aimed movements for six conditions - each presenting a unique combination of visual and auditory ... there remains an open question about if/how auditory displays can be used effectively to facilitate eyes-free aimed movements. ... in which 24 participants completed simple aimed movements to acquire targets of varying sizes and distances. ...
Frustrated Meteorologist Goes off on Flat Earth Movement on Air
... calling out celebrity endorsers and misleading statistics while on air. ... A local meteorologist spent five minutes disassembling the flat earth movement, ... Local TV meteorologist Keith Carson ripped apart the flat earth movement while on air, saying Today, I want to talk about Flat ... What is the Flat Earth Movement?. At the very basics, the Flat Earth Movement is the understanding that the world is actually a ...
Revolution of Clean Air 2' Die Cut Sticker - Sunrise Movement
University News - University of Reading
University pledges support for Clean Air Day. The University of Reading is now an official supporter of Clean Air Day, the UKs ... ShowYourStripes 2022: Join global climate change movement. People all over the world are set to unite in support of climate ... Cleaner air for Reading schools. Support from the Community Fund is helping researchers and local schools work together to ...
MERS: Interim U.S. Monitoring and Movement Guidance | CDC
Air travel is permitted only by air medical transport; Federal public health travel restrictions (Do Not Board) may be ... Controlled movement. Controlled movement limits the movement of people. For individuals subject to controlled movement, travel ... Air travel is permitted only by air medical transport; federal public health travel restrictions (Do Not Board) may be ... Air travel is permitted only by air medical transport; federal public health travel restrictions (Do Not Board) may be ...
How Mexico City's mural movement transformed walls into art - WPRI.com
Weather Alert: Third Straight Day with an Air Quality Alert 7 hours ago. ... To honor the art of Revueltas, Diego Rivera and José Clemente Orozco, who among others led the artistic movement a century ago ... How Mexico Citys mural movement transformed walls into art by: MARÍA TERESA HERNÁNDEZ, Associated Press ... when the walls of San Ildefonso became the canvases where the muralist movement came to life. (AP Photo/Marco Ugarte) Read Less ...
Read on! Trenton Literacy Movement on right path for success (L.A. PARKER COLUMN)
Multiple events in Trenton postponed due to hazardous air quality. Multiple events in Trenton postponed due to hazardous air ... Read on! Trenton Literacy Movement on right… Share this:. *Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) ... The Trenton Literacy Movement, Inc. is set to receive 5,000 books from Reading Is Fundamental as a new groundbreaking ... "As a result of this new partnership TTLM will be able to vastly expand and grow our movement and reach into the homes of ...
Travel Trade Maldives - Velana International Airport Breaks New Air Traffic Movement Record
There were 233 runway movements and 593 seaplane movements.. A total of 826 movements were made, setting a new record. ... broke a new record for air traffic movement in a single day recording a total of 826 movements. ... The previous record was 811 movements recorded on 5th January 2020 before air traffic slowed down and came to a complete Halt ... We are pleased to announce that on January 2, 2022, @VelanaAirport set a new air traffic movement record. ...
Impressionism Art Movement - History, Artists and Artwork - Artlex
... the Impressionists left the studio and went outdoors to paint in the open air ("en plein air"). The appearance of oil paints ... Impressionism is an art movement that originated in France in the 1860s and lasted until the late 1880s. The movement ... Those artists who were directly influenced by the impressionist movement in France were Paul Gauguin, Vincent van Gogh, and ... Monets painting called Impression: Sunrise (1872), exhibited on this occasion, gave its name to the movement. The ...
Monterrey CENDI1 FA Air Quality Index (AQI) and Monterrey Air Pollution | IQAir
Read the air pollution in Monterrey CENDI1 FA, Monterrey with AirVisual. ... Monterrey CENDI1 FA Air Quality Index (AQI) is now Moderate. Get real-time, historical and forecast PM2.5 and weather data. ... Join the movement!. Get a monitor and contribute air quality data in your city. ... Historic air quality graph: Monterrey CENDI1 FA, Monterrey How to best protect from air pollution?. Reduce your air pollution ...
The Transition Movement in Transition - Earth Times
The emergence of the Transition movement in the last four years or so is one of the most hopeful signs in the early 21st ... and most significant social change movements we have ever se ... Will air travel ever be truly sustainable? 12 August 2022. ... "The emergence of the Transition movement in the last four years or so is one of the most hopeful signs in the early 21st ... The transition movement is very non-dogmatic and proud of its adaptability to different countries with very different cultures ...
A month after Iran deal implementation, U.S. lawmakers air concerns - Washington Jewish Week
Work - Catholic Worker Movement
C. W. Editors Arrested In Air Raid Drill ByDorothy Day August 1, 1956. December 28, 2022. ... We have suffered much in the Catholic Worker movement from all the people who come and look at the men on our bread lines (and ... The Catholic Worker Movement website is not affiliated with any particular Catholic Worker community. To learn more about this ... Our mission is to cover the Catholic Worker Movement in all its diversity. The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect ...
Concerto For Two Clarinets And Orchestra B Flat Major / Movement For Clarinet And Orchestra B Flat Major / Concerto For Flute...
The Origin And Legacy Of Chipko Movement| Countercurrents
The Chipko Movement is one of the most well-known popular movements in India, if not the world, and is frequently cited as an ... Soil, water and air,. The very foundations of life.. They also sang 3 or 4 other slogans of the Chipko movement also written by ... stating that the movement was non-violent and that there is no possibility of violence within the movement. The movement was ... The Chipko Movement is one of the most well-known popular movements in India, if not the world, and is frequently cited as an ...
Remembering activist Todd Gitlin, who helped lead the '60s antiwar movement | WVXU
Gitlin was part of the tumultuous student protest movement of the 1960s, and continued his commitment to social change through ... Remembering activist Todd Gitlin, who helped lead the 60s antiwar movement Fresh Air , By Terry Gross ... This is FRESH AIR. Im David Bianculli, professor of television studies at Rowan University in New Jersey, sitting in for Terry ... GITLIN: Yeah, that was the first thing we did, was to try to organize an interracial movement of the poor. But also, we had in ...
Cutting off free movement air of EU citizens living abroad | freedom of movement in the EU
The European Commission and the British government are presently proposing to dramatically reduce the fee movement rights… ... Cutting off free movement air of EU citizens living abroad. There are many EU citizens who live outside the EU. A Migration ... freedom of movement in the EU. Free movement for EU citizens and their non-EU family members ... I was led to believe that as we would be living in another member state, and not my home one, the EU Freedom of Movement Law ...
EGLO DOWNROD accessory
Air Movement Catalogue. Whether you are after an AC or DC ceiling fan, a ceiling fan with an integrated LED light or without, ... Discover our extensive range of ceiling fans in our latest Air Movement catalogue! ... Sensor lighting that is activated by movement, along with flood lighting to light up those dark outdoor spaces, bring a sense ...
Air Force Plant 44 | U.S. Geological Survey
Air Force and operated by a major defense contractor, resulted in extensive contamination of groundwater with the industrial ... Industrial activity at Air Force Plant 44 (AFP 44), a manufacturing facility located on property owned by the U.S. ... Distribution and movement of trichloroethylene in ground water in the Tucson area, Arizona In 1981, investigations of ... Industrial activity at Air Force Plant 44 (AFP 44), a manufacturing facility located on property owned by the U.S. Air Force ...
Pollution2019Pollutant2016Frustrations2022EffectivelyVentilationParticipantsRevolutionPeopleEnvironmentalRoofQuality dataRisksOpen-airFresh airOutdoor airDataHistoryCeiling levelPublic healthGoalTransportReadySolutionsTrafficMajorLocalMaintainFreeEarlyWorldwideVisualReduceWorldSimilarWorkStandardAreaLifeBodyGroupsStudy
- We exploit public transportation strikes as plausibly-exogenous shocks in PM. We find that young individuals, an arguably healthy age group, exhibit economically meaningful responses to changes in air pollution. (ssrn.com)
- How to protect from air pollution in Monterrey CENDI1 FA? (iqair.com)
- How to best protect from air pollution? (iqair.com)
- At onset, blepharospasm is characterized by increased frequency of blinking, particularly in response to various common stimuli, including wind, air pollution, sunlight, noise, movements of the head or eyes, and in response to stress or the environment. (medscape.com)
- Air pollution - one of the 1 Environmental risks to health, in the framework of this strategy, are defined as all the physical, chemical, biological and work-related factors external to a person, and all related behaviours, but excluding those natural environments that cannot reasonably be modified. (who.int)
- Air pollution in the United States poses a public health threat affecting potentially millions of people throughout the country. (cdc.gov)
- At a basic level, they let us know how clean or polluted the air is, help us track progress in reducing air pollution, and inform the public about air quality in their communities. (cdc.gov)
- CDC works closely with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency , the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA), and the National Weather Service to provide air quality data on the Tracking Network and to better understand how air pollution affects our health. (cdc.gov)
- After careful study, EPA and CDC found that air pollution modeled predictions are very similar to actual monitor data in areas where the two can be compared. (cdc.gov)
- To calculate these data, CDC is using EPA's BenMAP with modeled air data for fine particulates, death data from CDC's National Center for Health Statistics , population data from the U.S. Census Bureau , and information from scientific literature about the relationship between change in air pollution and how that influences health effects. (cdc.gov)
- The forecasts included in this indicator can help decision-makers and other stakeholders anticipate harmful air pollution exposures several days in advance. (cdc.gov)
- In the following report, we detail the yellow vest actions from December 8, 2018 to January 5, 2019, recounting how the yellow vest movement defied the calendar-that age-old device for limiting revolutionary movements. (crimethinc.com)
- In some areas, the modeled data underestimates or overestimates the air pollutant concentration levels when compared to the Air Quality System (AQS) monitoring data. (cdc.gov)
- The yellow vest movement has posed the most serious threat to President Macron since he came to power in 2016. (crimethinc.com)
- In 2016, The Trenton Literacy Movement, Inc., formed with the goal of identifying and applying educational technologies to improve reading outcomes for children in Trenton. (trentonian.com)
- By EU free movement , on February 17, 2016 at 15:48 , under Uncategorized . (wordpress.com)
- Factors that influence our ability to maintain a normal core body temperature include air temperature, humidity, skin temperature, the speed and temperature of air moving over the body, radiant temperature (e.g., working in direct sunlight), clothing type and amount, hydration, and other individual physical and medical characteristics [NIOSH 2016]. (cdc.gov)
- Thanks to its protean aspect, but also its supposedly "apolitical" character, the movement has brought people together around shared tactics and frustrations, as the Occupy movement once did. (crimethinc.com)
- Those frustrations inspired Carson to rail on the pseudoscience in one of the most satisfying five minutes ever to hit live air. (interestingengineering.com)
- Velana International Airport on 2nd January 2022 Sunday, broke a new record for air traffic movement in a single day recording a total of 826 movements. (traveltrademaldives.com)
- We are pleased to announce that on January 2, 2022, @VelanaAirport set a new air traffic movement record. (traveltrademaldives.com)
- Adequate air movement equipment solutions must be designed to work effectively within the limited footprint of marine facilities. (hartzellairmovement.com)
- With the proliferation of technologies operated via in-air hand movements, e.g. virtual/augmented reality, in-vehicle infotainment systems, and large public information displays, there remains an open question about if/how auditory displays can be used effectively to facilitate eyes-free aimed movements. (gatech.edu)
- The research shows that coating the face of a stopping effectively reduces air leakage. (cdc.gov)
- The unit is equipped with a reversible airfoil propeller that provides exhaust ventilation in warm weather and recirculation of warm ceiling air down to floor level in cool weather. (hartzellairmovement.com)
- It provides roof ventilation, either exhaust or intake, plus the option of recirculating ceiling air and, if desired, mixing ceiling air with ambient outside air. (hartzellairmovement.com)
- We conducted a within-subjects study, similar to a Fitts paradigm study, in which 24 participants completed simple aimed movements to acquire targets of varying sizes and distances. (gatech.edu)
- Participants completed these aimed movements for six conditions - each presenting a unique combination of visual and auditory displays. (gatech.edu)
- Though many participants consider Ghanshyam Shailani "the voice of the Chipko Movement," his contributions have received less attention than many claims they deserve. (countercurrents.org)
- The Chipko Movement is one of the most well-known popular movements in India, if not the world, and is frequently cited as an influence on subsequent activist groups - marking something of an environmental revolution in India. (countercurrents.org)
- Several weeks later, following a day of action involving at least 50,000 people on Saturday, January 5, the yellow vest movement remains alive. (crimethinc.com)
- Today, few people are aware of the history of the open-air school in Indiana. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- Local TV meteorologist Keith Carson ripped apart the flat earth movement while on air, saying 'Today, I want to talk about Flat Earthers -- the only people who slept through more of eighth grade science class than chem trailers. (interestingengineering.com)
- CDC has created this interim guidance for state and local health jurisdictions to use to monitor people within the United States (U.S.) potentially exposed to MERS-CoV and evaluate their intended travel, including the application of movement restrictions when indicated ( Table 1 ). (cdc.gov)
- While our emphasis is always on the teamwork of ordinary people in local villages - the mainstay of the Chipko Movement - here we add to these accounts and describe some of the actions of two other unsung heroes in the success of the Chipko Movement. (countercurrents.org)
- largest risks to health - alone causes 7 million preventable deaths per year, with more than nine out of 10 people breathing polluted air, and almost 3 billion people still depending on polluting fuels such as solid fuels or kerosene for lighting cooking and heating. (who.int)
- Since the 1950s, air quality has been a major public health and environmental concern. (cdc.gov)
- Limited data were obtained on air leakage through stoppings subjected to simulated roof convergence and to shock forces created by the firing of an adjacent charge of explosive. (cdc.gov)
- Get a monitor and contribute air quality data in your city. (iqair.com)
- Personnel safety-from less than optimal internal air quality in engine rooms and cabins and the risks of spark and fire-as well as performing routine maintenance, pressurization of machinery spaces so heavy water-tight doors are safely opened and closed, noise mitigation and containment are top priorities in marine applications. (hartzellairmovement.com)
- The first open-air schools debuted in Europe, but the movement soon spread to the United States. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- By 1908, the first open-air school had been founded in America. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- The Indiana Society for the Prevention of Tuberculosis formed with the goal to establish the first open-air school in Indiana. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- In 1913, the society partnered with the Lucretia Mott School on Indianapolis's east side to open the first open-air classroom in Indiana. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- The open-air concept was soon deployed statewide. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- Open-air schools targeted children who were malnourished, had been exposed to tuberculosis, or were exhibiting pre-tuberculosis symptoms. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- Unlike a regular classroom, open-air schools emphasized physical activity throughout the school day. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- Physicians understood little of the true nature of the illness and consequently believed that it could be cured through rest and exposure to fresh air. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- As an off chute of this movement, public health officials began to experiment with the idea that they could prevent tuberculosis from taking hold in sickly children through the same concept of exposure to fresh air. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- They converted a regular classroom in the school for the fresh air concept. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- Fort Wayne followed on the heels of Indianapolis, opening its first fresh air school. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- Public health officials believed that exposing these children to fresh air and sunshine would prevent them from contracting tuberculosis. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- Physicians had finally begun to understand the true cause of tuberculosis and thus understood that fresh air could not prevent or cure the disease. (orangebeanindiana.com)
- Federal, state, local, and tribal air agencies operate and maintain a wide variety of outdoor air monitoring systems across the United States. (cdc.gov)
- The Tracking Network hosts and uses data from some of these sources to help paint a more complete picture of air quality in the United States. (cdc.gov)
- Therefore, the best way to use modeled air data is in conjunction with actual monitoring data. (cdc.gov)
- Data from EPA's National-Scale Air Toxics Assessment ( NATA ) are used to develop the air toxics indicators for the Tracking Network. (cdc.gov)
- The night of 13 December 1972 was to become very important in the history of the Chipko Movement. (countercurrents.org)
- During the cold winter months, however, the huge reservoir of heated air resting at the ceiling level can be recirculated for comfort heating, as long as the ceiling air is relatively clean and fume-free. (hartzellairmovement.com)
- National air quality has improved since the 1990s, but many challenges remain in protecting public health and the environment from air quality problems. (cdc.gov)
- Our overall goal is to look in more detail at what became a central tenet of the Chipko Movement: the idea that ecology is the permanent economy. (countercurrents.org)
- Meanwhile, Sgt Koch has worked together with her cargo personnel on the other pallets, as time is pressing because the aircraft flying to North German Air Base at Hohn is ready. (eatc-mil.com)
- Anarchists attempted to reorient the movement towards more systemic solutions, to diminish the influence and presence of the far-right, and to create connections between different groups and potential allies. (crimethinc.com)
- In addition, there is the domestic Afghan air traffic between the individual garrisons and bases of the other nations in the east, south and west - and finally the flights to and from the capital of Kabul. (eatc-mil.com)
- The previous record was 811 movements recorded on 5th January 2020 before air traffic slowed down and came to a complete Halt in 2020 following the COVID-19 pandemic. (traveltrademaldives.com)
- Arrivals have been at an all time high during this peak season and New Year resulting in air traffic congestion at the airport as well. (traveltrademaldives.com)
- as often occurs, a major part of the grassroots movement is slowly evolving into something more institutionalized. (crimethinc.com)
- Local TV meteorologist Keith Carson is 100 percent over the "flat Earth" movement. (interestingengineering.com)
- Let them know that you care, and want to maintain your right of free movement even if you have married a non-European. (wordpress.com)
- Presently, European Free Movement law allows them to trivially move to any European country (apart from their natural home country of European citizenship). (wordpress.com)
- Since the spouse can come along easily, these EU citizens have been able to use their free movement rights. (wordpress.com)
- This is proposed in a Commission document addressing " abuse of the right of free movement of persons " , but the exclusion is not limited to cases where is abuse. (wordpress.com)
- It seems to be simply a ploy to reduce the number of Europeans who can take advantage of their treaty right of free movement. (wordpress.com)
- It is generally hard to convince European citizens to take advantage of their free movement rights. (wordpress.com)
- Why is the European Commission proposing to dramatically restrict the right of free movement of these Europeans? (wordpress.com)
- To that end, the Trenton Literacy Movement (TTLM) continues an initiative to assure early childhood reading efforts prepare students for education success. (trentonian.com)
- Since November 2018, the yellow vest movement has created a political crisis in France and posed thorny questions to radicals worldwide. (crimethinc.com)
- These results highlight the potential for auditory displays to aid aimed movements using air gestures in conditions where visual displays are impractical, impossible, or unhelpful. (gatech.edu)
- The European Commission and the British government are presently proposing to dramatically reduce the fee movement rights of those EU citizens who are married to non-EU citizens and who live outside the EU . (wordpress.com)
- The logistics hub of the German Air Force for the Balkan mission (KFOR) is located at the Bavarian Air Base Landsberg/Penzing - and its soldiers transfer extraordinary material to destinations all over the world. (eatc-mil.com)
- At the very basics, the Flat Earth Movement is the understanding that the world is actually a flat plane. (interestingengineering.com)
- Tests were made in the Bureau of Mines Experimental Coal Mine on stoppings similar to those used in operating coal mines to obtain information on air leakage through the face and the rupture strength of a stopping subjected to a pressure differential. (cdc.gov)
- of light, space and air, a home of one's own, a garden for the children, a place to work and to play, and tools for work, and is it too much to expect that our dear Lord who provides us with all things necessary for body and soul, did not intend that we should have these means with which to work and to pray. (catholicworker.org)
- This standard describes the different types and classifications of supplied-air respirators. (cdc.gov)
- As a result of this new partnership TTLM will be able to vastly expand and grow our movement and reach into the homes of literally hundreds of parents, educators, children and stakeholders, who are all committed to improving literacy outcomes for our youth in the Trenton, Mercer County area. (trentonian.com)
- The mural was created by Mexican artist Fermin Revueltas between 1922 and 1923, when the walls of San Ildefonso became the canvases where the muralist movement came to life. (wpri.com)
- The movement introduced new approaches to painting, such as capturing the changing effects of daylight on colors and objects at different times of the day, painting outdoors, and painting scenes from everyday life. (artlex.com)
- After the test, your body will pass the air that was put into your colon. (medlineplus.gov)
- Since November, the yellow vest movement has become a battleground for many different political parties and groups, especially populists and nationalists. (crimethinc.com)
- As the movement gained momentum and clashes with the police intensified, anarchists and other rebels joined in, fighting on multiple fronts-against the state, but also against reactionary groups active on the streets. (crimethinc.com)
- And, as Carson pointed out in his video, the movement is growing at an alarming rate with celebrities (not scientists) being lauded for their 'contributions' to the study. (interestingengineering.com)