Internship and Residency
The role of ovarian volume in reproductive medicine. (1/49)The human ovary is a dynamic organ which continually changes in size and activity through life, as an integral part of the changes that the female is going through before during and after her reproductive life. Following the rapid increase in the use of transvaginal scan in recent years, the measurement of ovarian volume has become quick, accurate and cost-effective. Ovarian volume is an important tool in the screening, diagnosis and monitoring the treatment of conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome, ovarian cancer and adolescent abnormalities. In reproductive medicine, measurement of ovarian volume has a role in the assessment of ovarian reserve and prediction of response to superovulation. (+info)
Audit of rheumatology services for adolescents and young adults in the UK. British Paediatric Rheumatology Group. (2/49)BACKGROUND: Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) is associated with significant morbidity in adulthood with at least one third of children continuing to have active inflammatory disease into their adult years and up to 60% of all patients continuing to have some limitation of their activities of daily living. A survey of service provision for these young people in the transition from paediatric to adult rheumatology care was therefore undertaken. METHODS: A postal questionnaire was sent to all 92 members of the British Paediatric Rheumatology Group, representing 61 units providing a paediatric rheumatology service in the UK and Eire. RESULTS: Fifty-five replies were received representing a 60% completion rate of doctors and 84% of units on the mailing list. The majority of respondents were adult rheumatologists (n = 36, 65%) with 42% of respondents based in teaching hospitals. A median of 24 patients (new and follow-up, range 1-225) were seen in a median of two paediatric rheumatology clinics (range 0-15) per month. Eighteen per cent of units had a dedicated adolescent clinic (n = 9) with a median of one clinic per month and a median number of new patients per month of two (range 0-24) and 10 review patients (4-32). All the adolescent clinics involved an adult rheumatologist with five having a paediatrician in clinic and four having access to a paediatrician. The majority of clinics involved a specialist registrar (n = 6), a nurse specialist (n = 6), an occupational therapist (n = 6) and a physiotherapist (n = 5). The majority of clinics had flexible entry and exit criteria. In seven clinics there was a standardized process of transfer, first discussed at a median age of 13 yr (range 12-16) but no unit provided literature or organized pre-visits for this process. A demand for patient information resources (e.g. disease and drug information, careers) specifically aimed at adolescents with rheumatic diseases was identified. Generic health issues were only addressed by two clinics. Obstacles to current service provision and ideas for future developments were identified. CONCLUSIONS: This survey identifies a heterogeneity of provision of healthcare for adolescents with rheumatic disease and highlights the potential for further research and development. (+info)
Clinical holistic medicine: holistic adolescent medicine. (3/49)The holistic medical approach seems to be efficient and can also be used in adolescent medicine. Supporting the teenager to grow and develop is extremely important in order to prevent many of the problems they can carry into adulthood. The simple consciousness-based, holistic medicine--giving love, winning trust, giving holding, and getting permission to help the patient feel, understand, and let go of negative beliefs--is easy for the physician interested in this kind of practice and it requires little previous training for the physician to be able to care for his/her patient. A deeper insight into the principles of holistic treatment and a thorough understanding of our fellow human beings are making it work even better. Holistic medicine is not a miracle cure, but rather a means by which the empathic physician can support the patient in improving his/her future life in respect to quality of life, health, and functional capacity--through coaching the patient to work on him/herself in a hard and disciplined manner. When the patient is young, this work is so much easier. During our lifetime, we have several emotional traumas arranged in the subconscious mind with the smallest at the top, and it is normal for the person to work on a large number of traumatic events that have been processed to varying degrees. Some traumas have been acknowledged, some are still being explored by the person, and yet others are still preconscious, which can be seen for example in the form of muscle tension. Sometimes the young dysfunctional patient carries severe traumas of a violent or sexual nature, but the physician skilled in the holistic medical toolbox can help the patient on his/her way to an excellent quality of life, full self-expression, a love and sex life, and a realization of his/her talents--all that a young patient is typically dreaming about. Biomedicine is not necessary or even recommended when the physical or mental symptoms are caused by disturbances in the personal development that can be corrected with love and understanding. If possible, biomedicine must be avoided, even if this means suffering for the young person, who needs to confront the tough realities of life in order to grow into an able and sound adult. (+info)
Adolescent health care in a large multispecialty prepaid group practice. Who provides it and how well are they doing? (4/49)Adolescents are at risk for pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, suicide, homicide, accidents, and substance abuse. Adolescent medicine involves an overlap of many skills needed to provide routine medical care, as well as care for those conditions that require psychosocial assessment. We report the results of a mail survey covering care of this age group by practitioners of pediatrics, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, family practice, and adolescent medicine in a large, multispecialty, prepaid group practice. The mail survey covered 10 areas of adolescent care. Adolescent medicine physicians expressed the highest level of perceived knowledge and competence in these areas, with family practitioners ranked second. More than 50% of internists and pediatricians felt only fair to poor competence for a variety of adolescent conditions, whereas a third of internists and pediatricians reported that they liked to care for adolescents. Physicians in all 4 of the primary care specialties reported a need for a teen health center for both consultation and education. These results are similar to those reported for pediatricians and primary care physicians in private practice and for residents in internal medicine. (+info)
Curbing adolescent smoking: a review of the effectiveness of various policies. (5/49)Tobacco-related mortality is one of the biggest killers in American medicine. Evidence suggests that if adolescents can be kept tobacco-free, most will never start using tobacco. Therefore, tobacco control policies directed at the youth population could provide an effective method for sustaining long-term reductions in smoking in all segments of the population. Many forms of tobacco control policies have been implemented including restrictive laws, public campaigns, and taxation duties; there has been disagreement over which is most effective. We investigate the efficacy of various methods of tobacco control in youth and present a review of the published evidence. Econometric data for both youth access restrictions and environmental tobacco smoke restrictions afford ambiguous results. Results vary in a continuum from a moderate negative effect toward, ironically, a marginal positive effect on smoking. While information dissemination policies may be somewhat effective on the onset, they are limited in their effect and eventually diminish over time. We conclude that increases in price affect teen smoking to a great degree. Most estimates show that for a 10 percent increase in prices, which could be implemented by a tax per pack, a 15 percent decrease in cigarettes consumed could be accomplished. Taxation policies are an effective means of preventative medicine. (+info)
Adolescent medicine in paediatric practice. (7/49)Adolescents are a growing area in paediatric practice in both hospital and community settings. They make up around one quarter of the practice of many paediatricians. Yet until recently there has been little formal interest in young people's health in the UK. The situation is now changing, particularly following the publication of the "National Service Framework for children, young people and maternity services", which places a major emphasis on adolescent health. Given that this area is relatively new to many paediatricians, this article aims to provide an overview of the range of health problems that affect young people, to provide practical advice for working with this group in paediatric practice, and to outline current and future opportunities for training in adolescent health in the UK. (+info)
Sexually transmitted disease prevention in adolescents and young adults. (8/49)OBJECTIVE: Sexuality is one of the most pervasive aspects of the human life cycle. It warrants attention in childhood, adolescence and adulthood, and is an integral part of each health maintenance visit. Given this, it is unfortunate that U.S. medical schools do not offer more training in soliciting sexual histories and initiating dialogue about sexually healthy lifestyles. METHODS: Fourth-year medical student completed an adolescent and young-adult sexually transmitted disease elective. RESULTS: This elective allows medical students to confront personal biases and discomfort levels yet remain objective. It is also an opportunity to explore how the provider's body language and facial expressions can discourage information disclosure. Although sexuality is very prevalent in our society today, patients may still be apprehensive about discussing details of their sexual practices. Therefore, it becomes incumbent upon the physician to create an environment free from personal prejudice in order to best serve the patient. CONCLUSIONS: In order to promote sexual health awareness in a society that can be conservative and judgmental in this subject matter, it is essential to train all healthcare providers to lead discussions, educate patients and provide treatment in hopes that sexual health promotion will become as important as other socially accepted healthcare concerns. (+info)
Adolescent medicine training in pediatric residency programs by Harriette B. Fox, Margaret A. McManus et al.
OBJECTIVES: The aim of this study was to provide an assessment of pediatric residency training in adolescent medicine. METHODS: We conducted 2 national surveys: 1 of pediatric residency program directors and the other of faculty who are responsible for the adolescent medicine block rotation for pediatric residents to elicit descriptive and qualitative information concerning the nature of residents ambulatory care training experience in adolescent medicine and the workforce issues that affect the experience. RESULTS: Required adolescent medicine topics that are well covered pertain to normal development, interviewing, and sexual issues. Those least well covered concern the effects of violence, motor vehicle safety, sports medicine, and chronic illness. Shortages of adolescent medicine specialists, addictions counselors, psychiatrists, and other health professionals who are knowledgeable about adolescents frequently limit pediatric residency training in adolescent medicine. Considerable variation exists
Adolescent Medicine : About the Department of Adolescent Medicine
Across the Melbourne Childrens Campus, the Department of Adolescent Medicine works closely with the Centre for Adolescent Health, Kelpie Adolescent Inpatient Unit, the Murdoch Childrens Research Institute and the University Of Melbourne Department Of Paediatrics. Team and clinicians in the Department also liaise with various Government and community colleagues. ...
Adolescent Medicine Program | Upstate Golisano Childrens Hospital |SUNY Upstate Medical University
Golisano Childrens Hospital Adolescent Medicine Program is a full service adolescent medicine clinic offering consultations and a limited number of primary slots for adolescents and young adults, including those with chronic illnesses. Our priority is to provide individualized, wholistic care with the goal of promoting positive development and future success. ...
Adolescent Medicine Physicians in Lexington, KY | Lexington Adolescent Medicine
Find 44 local Adolescent Medicine Physicians practicing in Lexington, KY. Read 22 ratings and reviews to help find the best doctor in your area.
Baylor College of Medicine Adolescent Medicine Trials Unit - Mary Paul
Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is applying for an Adolescent Medicine Trials Unit (ATU) in response to NIH RFA-HD-10-015 Adolescent Medicine Trials Network fo...
AM:STARs: Ethical and Legal Issues in Adolescent Medicine, Volume 22, No. 2 | AAP eBooks
This issue of Adolescent Medicine State of the Art Reviews (AM:STARs) focuses on a variety of ethical and legal issues that practitioners may encounter during the delivery of adolescent health care. A panel of authors has been assembled that not only explores these issues, but also provides the reader with sound reasoning and proposed solutions. ...
Topics on Adolescent Medicine | Diseases and Conditions | Pediatric Oncall
Adolescent medicine or hebiatrics is a medical subspecialty that focuses on care of patients who are in the adolescent period of development, generally ranging from the last years of elementary school until graduation from high school
AAP Patient Education Library - Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine of Delran - Pediatrics for Family Health
Delran, NJ Pediatrician & family doctor, Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine of Delran specializes in pediatric medicine for a childs physical, emotional and developmental health. Childrens Healthcare for family and kid health in the Delran area. Call (856) 824-0099 for an appointment today!
CCLCM Student Blog: Adolescent Medicine
In the afternoon, I had peds clinic. I was working with an adolescent medicine specialist. I went in there thinking, Oh, great, yet another exciting afternoon of well child visits. I figured maybe if I was lucky there would be a few sore throats or earaches. But this clinic was awesome, probably the best clinic day Ive ever had. My patients were all teens, and most of them had eating disorders. One was also hearing voices. They were a lot like the kid weve been reading about in this weeks PBL case. I know everyone has their share of teenage angst, but not like this. These patients really need help. It was incredibly interesting and also very sad to hear their stories and how much they suffer with body image issues and other problems. I definitely identified with several of them. One patient in particular wanted to go to medical school and even knew all about CCLCM ...
Our Blog - West Cambridge Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine - Pediatrics for Family Health
Cambridge, MA Pediatrician & family doctor, West Cambridge Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine specializes in pediatric medicine for a childs physical, emotional and developmental health. Childrens Healthcare for family and kid health in the Cambridge area. Call (617) 547-2093 for an appointment today!
Childrens Hospital New Orleans Adolescent Medicine | Young Adult Medical Services
The Childrens Hospital New Orleans Adolescent Medicine Clinic offers developmental and reproductive health services for patients ages 12 to 22. Our staff has more than 25 years of combined experience.
Adolescent Medicine | Medscape
Adolescent medicine and the treatment of teenagers require approaches that differ from those that are provided to children and adults.
Dr. David Bennett, MD - Adolescent Medicine Physician in Chattaroy, WA
Dr. David Bennett, MD of Chattaroy, WA patient reviews, appointments, phone number and quality report. Compare Dr. Bennett to other nearby Adolescent Medicine Physicians in Washington.
Padmanjali, Pediatrician, Jayanagar 3 Block Bangalore | Child Specialist - Consultation, Adolescent Medicine, Newborn Jaundice,...
Dr. Padmanjali is Pediatrician in Bangalore. This child specialist is curently associated with Cloudnine Hospital.Dr. Padmanjali is a pediatrician with expertise in child health areas such as Adolescent Medicine, Newborn Jaundice, Chickenpox Treatment, Child Growth Management, New Born Care.
Adolescent Medicine Team | Johns Hopkins Childrens Center
Meet the faculty and staff of Adolescent Medicine at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, MD. Bios include research interests, specialty areas and contact info.
Clinic Vardhman Medicare & Polyclinic - Adolescent Medicine, Limping child, Measles Treatment, New Born Care, Newborn Jaundice...
Clinic Vardhman Medicare & Polyclinic Adolescent Medicine, Limping child, Measles Treatment, New Born Care, Newborn Jaundice at Shailesh Gupta, Usha Nagar, Indore. Find best Doctors in clinic at Indore
Home Page - Adolescent Medicine
Detailed information on adolescent medicine, including growth and development, cognitive development, relationship development, health and injury problems, and safety
Edward Oklan MD | Adolescent Medicine | Petaluma, CA | Lifescript.com
Edward Oklan MD is a Adolescent Medicine who practices in Petaluma, CA. Get a full report about this doctors background by clicking here.
Harold Edward Ayers Jr MD | Adolescent Medicine | Point Pleasant, WV | Lifescript.com
Harold Edward Ayers Jr MD is a Adolescent Medicine who practices in Point Pleasant, WV. Get a full report about this doctors background by clicking here.
Patrick R. Carmichael, MD - Adolescent Medicine Specialist in Gainesville, FL | MD.com
Visit Dr. Patrick R. Carmichael, an adolescent medicine specialist & family doctor in Gainesville, FL. Are you Dr. Carmichael? Sign up for MD.com.
Todd M. Brinker, MD - Adolescent Medicine Specialist in Jacksonville, FL | MD.com
Visit Dr. Todd M. Brinker, an adolescent medicine specialist & family doctor in Jacksonville, FL. Are you Dr. Brinker? Sign up for MD.com.
Adolescent Medicine Flashcards - Cram.com
Study Flashcards On Adolescent Medicine at Cram.com. Quickly memorize the terms, phrases and much more. Cram.com makes it easy to get the grade you want!
Things to do in hospital: The Childrens Hospital at Westmead | Sydney Childrens Hospitals Network
The Youth Arts and Group programs are for 12-18 year olds at The Childrens Hospital at Westmead. Group sessions are held most weekday afternoons from 2pm to 3.30pm in the Adolescent Medicine Group Room on level one of the Hospital. Most groups have an art focus and patients are given opportunities to dabble in a range of art practices, including drawing and painting, photography, video, ceramics, sculpture, creative writing, print-making and craft. Join in these sessions to have fun, get creative and socialise with other adolescents.. Individual (bedside) art activities and programs also exist - speak to your nurse for more details or contact the Arts Coordinators in Adolescent Medicine on internal extension 52446.. The Youth Arts Program also run larger scale projects that invite participation from all teenagers, staff, friends and family. Have a look at some past projects. Details about current projects and art competitions are available from the Department of Adolescent Medicine. ...
Adolescent health - Wikipedia
Adolescent health, or youth health, is the range of approaches to preventing, detecting or treating young peoples health and well being (WHO, 2001). The term adolescent and young people are often used interchangeably, as are the terms Adolescent Health and Youth Health. Young peoples health is often complex and requires a comprehensive, biopsychosocial approach (NSW Dept of Health, 2010). Youth Health includes adolescent medicine as a speciality, along with other primary and tertiary care services. Key health services for young people: Adolescent medicine Child protection Drug and Alcohol services and Youth Drug courts General practitioners Justice Health Mental Health services Psychology School health services Sexual health services Social work Transition care Youth health nursing Youth health services Youth work and youth development services ^Youth Attitudes Web based supports such as Reach Out! Capacity building organisations support the Youth Health sector by providing access to ...
Society for Adolescent Medicine Meeting to Focus on E-Teens and How Adolescents Incorporate Technology ... ( BLUE SPRINGS Mo....
Health,...BLUE SPRINGS Mo. March 17 /- Todays adolescents have t... ...One of the hot topic sessions specifically focused on e-teens is e... ...,Society,for,Adolescent,Medicine,Meeting,to,Focus,on,E-Teens,and,How,Adolescents,Incorporate,Technology,and,Health,medicine,medical news today,latest medical news,medical newsletters,current medical news,latest medicine news
Treatment for Nicotine Use Disorder Among Medicaid-Enrolled Adolescents and Young Adults | Adolescent Medicine | JAMA...
This study assesses use of nicotine replacement therapy, varenicline, and sustained-release bupropion for adolescents and young adults with nicotine use disorde
Adolescents Substance Use and Physical Activity Before and During the COVID-19 Pandemic | Adolescent Medicine | JN Learning |...
This cohort study examines change in adolescents use of e-cigarettes, cannabis, and alcohol and in physical activity behaviors following the stay-at-home COVID-19 order in California.
Gender Health Services - Adolescent Medicine - Golisano Childrens Hospital - University of Rochester Medical Center
Transgender is a medical term for people whose sense of their own gender does not match the gender that they were assigned at birth. Children are first aware of their own gender at around age 2, and transgender children may insist that they are of the opposite gender and desire toys and clothing that are typically assigned to the opposite gender.. Parents and pediatric health professionals may wish to discuss these issues further when what they believed to be a phase does not pass. At that point, it is helpful to consult with mental health and medical professionals familiar with gender issues in children to decide how to best address these concerns. It is not helpful to force the child to act in a more gender conforming way. Peer support from other parents of gender-nonconforming children may also be helpful.. It is not unusual for older adolescents and young adults to express these thoughts or feelings for the first time. The onset of puberty can be particularly difficult for those whose ...
Adolescent Medicine | PREMIER MEDICAL GROUP HAWAII
Premier Medical Group understands that our youth needs specialized care. We also understand that no two cases are alike. Our medical team at Premier Medical Group is there to help during these crucial years where growth and development are key. We provide general care and check-ups to ensure that young adults are well equipped for school and sports programs. We also provide screening for more serious problems and provide referral services when needed.. Our young people in Hawaii are under a lot of pressure these days. This pressure comes with unique health challenges that deal with both physical and mental capabilities. Premier Medical Group provides support to young people during a crucial time in their life when they begin to take the next step in their educational and personal lives. We set our adolescents up for success by taking a whole person approach to health care.. Our team also pays special attention to mental health during these formative years. Were here to help with bullying, ...
Jenny K. Rodriguez Francis, MD - Pediatrician - Adolescent Medicine - Childrens Health
Jenny K. Rodriguez Francis, MD, MPH is a pediatrician with the Adolescent and Young Adult Clinic at Childrens Health. Contact us for more information.
Pediatrics / Adolescent Medicine | Summit Medical Group
Our pediatricians are pleased to offer the full complement of infant, childhood, and adolescent vaccines to protect your childrens health.. Before vaccines are licensed and distributed, scientific committees and expert clinicians extensively test them to ensure their safety and effectiveness and determine when they should be given to patients. In addition, there is thorough follow-up for vaccines after they have been distributed and administered. This follow-up allows experts to further track and confirm safety and effectiveness of the vaccines.. Research shows that it is safer to vaccinate your child than risk infection and other complications from harmful and sometimes fatal diseases such as whooping cough, measles, and polio. In addition, children who are vaccinated help reduce the spread of infection to other people.. All medications, including vaccines, are associated with risks and benefits. For example, vaccines can sometimes cause side effects such as fever and tenderness at the ...
Manuscripts and Publications | Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions (ATN)
Naar S, Hudgens MG, Brookmeyer R, Carcone AIdalski, Chapman J, Chowdhury S, Ciaranello A, W Comulada S, Ghosh S, Horvath KJ et al.. 2019. Improving the Youth HIV Prevention and Care Cascades: Innovative Designs in the Adolescent Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions.. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 33(9):388-398. ...
Manuscripts and Publications | Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions (ATN)
Naar S, Hudgens MG, Brookmeyer R, Carcone AIdalski, Chapman J, Chowdhury S, Ciaranello A, W Comulada S, Ghosh S, Horvath KJ et al.. 2019. Improving the Youth HIV Prevention and Care Cascades: Innovative Designs in the Adolescent Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions.. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 33(9):388-398. ...
Invasive Meningococcal Disease in Adolescents and Young Adults | Adolescent Medicine | JAMA | JAMA Network
ContextIncidence of invasive meningococcal disease has increased recently in persons aged 15 through 24 years.ObjectiveTo characterize meningococcal infection
Teens & Tots | Adolescent Medicine Memorial Health | Savannah, Ga
The Teens and Tots program at Memorial Health provides a family-centered medical home for pregnant teens. We specialize in providing prenatal and primary care for both mom and baby.
Marcia L. Shew, MD - Pediatrics | IU School of Medicine
Dr. Shew is board certified in both Internal Medicine and Adolescent Medicine. She is currently the American Board of Internal Medicines representative to ABPs sub board committee for Adolescent Medicine. She is involved in providing both general and subspecialty adolescent care in both the outpatient and the in-patient settings
Adolescent Medicine | Nicklaus Childrens Hospital Continuing Medical Education
Nicklaus Childrens Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The ACCME Criteria for Accreditation with Commendation recognizes the achievements of CME providers that advance inter-professional collaborative practice, address public health priorities, create behavioral change, show leadership, leverage educational technology, and demonstrate the impact of education on healthcare professionals and patients.. Accreditation Details Note of Privacy Practices Web Site Information Disclaimer. © 2020-2021 Nicklaus Childrens Hospital. All Rights Reserved.. ...
Pediatric Surgery, Trauma, Adolescent Medicine (PSTAM), 8th Floor Childrens Hospital | Vanderbilt Nursing
I started on PSTAM a little over a year ago as a Nurse Resident and I have had such a wonderful time working on this unit. Our diverse patient population has allowed me to gain knowledge on a variety of patient diagnoses and surgical procedures. As a new nurse, the residency program provided me with support as well as the education I needed in order to become a confident nurse. Our unit works together as a family and there is always someone willing to help or answer questions. I now serve as a co-chair on our Unit Board which allows me to get feedback from fellow nurses and help improve our unit. Overall, PSTAM has a very welcoming and friendly environment where nurses can learn and engage. I am so grateful for the experiences, friendships, and education I have received since working on this floor. ...
Harriet Lane Clinic and General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine | Johns Hopkins Childrens Center
We offer a full range of general and specialty health services for children and families, and training for medical students, residents and fellows.
Transdiagnostic Cognitive-Behavioral Psychotherapy vs Usual Management | Adolescent Medicine | JN Learning | AMA Ed Hub
This randomized clinical trial assesses the effectiveness of a new transdiagnostic cognitive-behavioral therapy program compared with management as usual in youths with emotional and behavioral problems below the threshold for referral to mental health care.
General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine<...
Responsibility. Delegates are personally responsible for their belongings at the venue. The Organizers will not be held responsible for any stolen or missing items belonging to Delegates, Speakers or Attendees; due to any reason whatsoever.. Insurance. Registration fees do not include insurance of any kind.. Transportation. Please note that any (or) all transportation and parking is the responsibility of the registrant.. Press/Media. Press permission must be obtained from Allied Academies Conferences Organizing Committee prior to the event. The press will not quote speakers or delegates unless they have obtained their approval in writing. The Allied Academies is an objective third-party non-profit organization. This conference is not associated with any commercial meeting company.. Requesting an Invitation Letter. For security purposes, letter of invitation will be sent only to those individuals who had registered for the conference. Once your registration is complete, please contact ...
Adolescent Medicine Fellowship | University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Childrens Hospital | Cleveland, OH
First year fellows are primarily responsible for the care of patients under guidance and supervision of an attending. Fellows evaluate patients, obtain the medical history and perform physical examinations. They are expected to develop a differential diagnosis and problem list. Using this information, they arrive at a plan of care or a set of recommendations in conjunction with the attending. They document the provision of patient care as required by hospital/clinic policy. Fellows may write orders for diagnostic studies and therapeutic interventions as specified in the medical center bylaws and rules/regulations. They may interpret the results of laboratory and other diagnostic testing. They may request consultation for diagnostic studies, the evaluation by other physicians, physical/rehabilitation therapy, specialized nursing care, and social services. They may participate in procedures performed in the clinic, operating room or procedure suite under appropriate supervision. Fellows may ...
Episode 44 - Prescribing for adolescents
Welcome to the Australian Prescriber Podcast. Australian Prescriber, independent, peer-reviewed and free.. Welcome to the Australian Prescriber Podcast. Im Dr Ashlea Broomfield, your host for this episode, and its a pleasure to be speaking to Melissa Kang who is a GP and an academic who specialises in adolescent medicine. Welcome.. Thank you very much Ashlea.. So youve written an article in Australian Prescriber on prescribing for adolescents, which I thought was a really interesting and useful overview, particularly having worked in adolescent medicine. There were a lot of things in there that I was able to consider and reflect on.. Yes, thank you very much, and I do think its a population that we often dont think really in a lot of detail about when it comes to prescribing. So in the article you mentioned a few things such as the cost of medication or unwanted side-effects. What have you noticed in your practice how this changes your prescribing in this population?. I work with a very ...
News & Events - Child and Adolescent Eating Disorder Program - Adolescent Medicine - Golisano Childrens Hospital - University...
Email: [email protected] Download Events Flyer. Directed out of the University of Rochester School of Nursing, the WNYCCCED is a partnership between the University of Rochester School of Nursing and the Child and Adolescent Eating Disorders Program at Golisano Childrens Hospital. It is one of three legislatively mandated comprehensive care centers for eating disorders funded by the New York State Department of Health.. ...
Diseases and Conditions A-Z | Upstate Golisano Childrens Hospital | SUNY Upstate Medical University
The specialty of Adolescent Medicine was created to improve the scope and quality of health-related services for adolescents. Priorities in health care from the teenager?s viewpoint include sexuality issues, self-esteem and body image concerns, peer pressure and experimentation with alcohol or other drugs. Parents often worry about their kids? performance in school, whether they are hanging out with the wrong crowd, drinking and driving, or engaging in other risky behaviors that could jeopardize their health. All of these issues can make the teenage years complex and challenging. As specialists in Adolescent Medicine, we pride ourselves upon setting aside sufficient time for an office visit so that these issues, and any others, can be adequately addressed in an atmosphere of trust, privacy and confidentiality ...
Hemolytic-uremic syndrome in adolescents | Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS)
Hemolytic-uremic syndrome in adolescents. Siegler RL, Pavia AT, Cook JB. Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine 1997;151(2):165-169.. ABSTRACT:. Although the epidemiological characteristics and natural history of childhood and adult hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) have been well described, those that are associated with the syndrome when it occurs during the transition from childhood to adulthood have not been reported. This paper compared the epidemiological characteristics, clinical features, and outcome of 17 adolescents with HUS with those of 276 children with HUS. The study was based on data from the computerized Utah HUS registry. The HUS registry contains data on postdiarrheal and nondiarrheal HUS cases since 1970 in which the patients were younger than 18 years of age at the time of diagnosis and includes virtually all Utah cases as well as those referred from surrounding states. The 17 adolescent patients, who composed 5.8% of the study population, experienced a course of the ...
Associated Factors and Standard Percentiles of Blood Pressure among the Adolescents of Jahrom City of Iran, 2014
International Journal of Pediatrics is a peer-reviewed, Open Access journal that provides a forum for pediatricians who diagnose and treat disorders in infants, children, and adolescents. The journal publishes original research articles, review articles, and clinical studies related to pediatric subspecialities, such as adolescent medicine, cardiology, critical care, dentistry, developmental and behavioral medicine, endocrinology, gastroenterology, genetics, haematology and oncology, neo- and perinatology, nephrology, neurology, psychology, pulmonology, rheumatology, and surgery.
Prematurity-Related Hypertension in Children and Adolescents
International Journal of Pediatrics is a peer-reviewed, Open Access journal that provides a forum for pediatricians who diagnose and treat disorders in infants, children, and adolescents. The journal publishes original research articles, review articles, and clinical studies related to pediatric subspecialities, such as adolescent medicine, cardiology, critical care, dentistry, developmental and behavioral medicine, endocrinology, gastroenterology, genetics, haematology and oncology, neo- and perinatology, nephrology, neurology, psychology, pulmonology, rheumatology, and surgery.
Evaluation of social anxiety, self-esteem, life quality in adolescents with acne vulgaris. | Docphin
PubMedID: 27508953 | Evaluation of social anxiety, self-esteem, life quality in adolescents with acne vulgaris. | International journal of adolescent medicine and health | 8/5/2016
Childrens Mercy Kansas City - Faculty and Staff
The Section of Adolescent Medicine at Childrens Mercy Kansas City is made up of a cohesive group of experts in adolescent development. The section includes support staff, adolescent physicians, nurse practitioners, and a full-time social worker.. ...
Illicit Steroid Use Doubled Among Teenage Girl Athletes Since 1991
As many as 175,000 high school girls use illegal anabolic steroids to build muscle and enhance athletic performance, according to a study by Charles Yesalis, a professor of health policy at Pennsylvania State University (Charles Yesalis, et al., Trends in Anabolic-Androgenic Steroid Use Among Adolescents, Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, December 1997, pp. 1197-1206; Sandra G. Boodman, Illicit Steroid Use Up Among Athletic Girls, Washington Post, January 20, 1998, Health section, p. 5; Associated Press, Steroid use rising among teen-age girls, study shows, Virginian-Pilot, December 15, 1997, p. C3).. Yesalis and his colleagues analyzed data from the National Household Survey on Drug Abuse and two other national studies. They found that self reports of steroid use among junior high and high school girls had doubled since 1991. Use of steroids by boys the same age has remained unchanged. Yesalis said the increase may reflect increased athletic opportunities for young women. He ...
Maternity Social Support | Birth Psychology
Barnet, B., Joffe, A., Duggan, A. K., Wilson, M. D., & Repke, J. T. (1996). Depressive symptoms, stress, and social support in pregnant and postpartum adolescents. Archives of Paediatric and Adolescent Medicine, 150(1), 64-69. Broom, B. L. (1994). Impact of marital quality and psychological well-being on parental sensitivity. Nursing Research, 43, 138-143. Caplan, G. (1974). Support systems and community mental health: lectures on concept development. New York: Behavioral Publications. Cardinali, G., & Guidi, G. (1992). La coppia in crisi di gravidanza. Sulla necessità di ripensare lintervento istituzionale. Terapia Familiare, 38. Cassel, J. (1976). The contribution of the Social Environment to Host Resistance. American Journal of Epidemiology, 104, 107-123. Collins, N. L. (1993). Social support in pregnancy: psychosocial correlates of birth outcomes and postnatal depression. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 65, 1243-1258. Condon, J. T., & Corkindale, C. (1997). The correlates of ...
The Neurocognitive Effects of Maternal Prenatal Alcohol Consumption on the Fetus and Postnatal Devel
Paulette Pritt, PhD currently serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor with the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Adolescent Medicine. Additionally, she is a consultant to Dr. Michael Meredith at Clarity at Seven Ponds, a residential treatment facility. She earned a doctoral degree in psychology from Texas Womanâ€™s University, Masterâ€™s degree in counseling from the University of North Texas, a graduate certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis from the University of North Texas, and a Bachelorâ€™s degree in psychology from the University of Texas at Dallas. She completed internship and fellowship at the Center for Psychological Development and Applied Psychology Group of Texoma where she focused on psychological and neuropsychological assessment across the lifespan, as well as provided individual and family psychotherapy. Dr. Pitt has extensive experience working with children and adolescents with specialization in autism ...
Complex Family Planning Fellowship | CU OB-GYN Fellowship Programs
The CU Fellowship in Complex Family Planning is the 18th fellowship site nationally, taking its first fellow in 2009. Fellows will attend the Colorado School of Public Health. The emphasis is on abortion training, contraception, and adolescent medicine.
Self-assessment of physical sexual maturation in boys and girls with delayed puberty<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Self-assessment of physical sexual maturation in boys and girls with delayed puberty. AU - Finkelstein, Jordan W.. AU - DArcangelo, M. Rose. AU - Susman, Elizabeth J.. AU - Chinchilli, Vernon M.. AU - Kunselman, Susan J.. AU - Schwab, Jacqueline. AU - Demers, Laurence M.. AU - Liben, Lynn S.. AU - Kulin, Howard E.. PY - 1999/12/1. Y1 - 1999/12/1. N2 - We studied 49 boys and girls with delayed physical sexual maturation during treatment with sex steroids. We found significant agreements, but also some disagreements between physicians and subjects Tanner sexual maturity ratings. We found neither effects of treatment with sex steroids nor gender differences, comparing ratings between physicians and patients. Copyright (C) 1999 Society for Adolescent Medicine.. AB - We studied 49 boys and girls with delayed physical sexual maturation during treatment with sex steroids. We found significant agreements, but also some disagreements between physicians and subjects Tanner sexual ...
The Open Sports Sciences Journal - Editorial Board
MD.PhD Feifei Pu has studied bone tumor molecular biology and therapeutics for 6 years, during which time he has authored more than 30 peer-reviewed reports. He has served on the editorial boards for the Gavin of Orthopedic Research and Therapy, Journal of Medical and Clinical Oncology, Global Journal of Health Science and Nursing, International Journal of Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis, Annals of Pediatrics &; Adolescent Medicine, Oncology Research and Review, Orthopaedic online - bone tumors editorial board, Journal of Clinical and Medical Images, Cancer and Tumor Review, Journal of Lung Cancer Epidemiology, United Journal of Orthopedics and Rheumatology, Nuclear Medicine and Biomedical Imaging, Journal of Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis, Family Medicine and Care, Pediatric Research and Neonatal Care, MOJ Lymphology &; Phlebology, Mathews Journal of Orthopedics, Pediatrics and Neonatal Biology, Annals of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rehabilitation , and Journal of Pediatrics and Neonatology. He has ...
Toothache More Common Among Minority And Special Needs Children - Redorbit
Poor, minority and special needs children are more likely to be affected by toothache, according to a report in the November issue of Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, one of the JAMA/Archives journals.. Toothache is a source of chronic and often severe pain that interferes with a childs ability to play, eat and pay attention in school, the authors write as background information in the study. The authors also note that the most common cause of toothache is dental decay and the process of dental decay is one that optimally would be prevented or, at the very least, identified early and then arrested through provision of regular professional dental care. However, for some U.S. children, including those who are Medicaid-insured, access to preventive and restorative dental care is more difficult.. Charlotte Lewis, M.D., M.P.H., and James Stout, M.D., M.P.H., both of the University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, studied data from the 2007 National Survey of Childrens ...
Circumcision can cut health care costs - SFGate
Declining rates of circumcision among infants will translate into billions of dollars worth of unnecessary medical costs in the United States as the boys grow up and become sexually active men, researchers at Johns Hopkins University said. In a study published Monday in the Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, a team of economists and epidemiologists estimated that every circumcision not performed would lead to significant increases in lifetime medical expenses to treat sexually transmitted diseases and related cancers - increases that far surpass the costs associated with the procedure. [...] in the past decade, studies have increasingly shown that removing the foreskin of the penis has significant health benefits, said Dr. Aaron Tobian, senior author of the new study.
CBT for Pain Archives | Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy
A recent study published in the Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine demonstrates that a brief cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) intervention effectively treats, in the long-term, children with functional abdominal pain and improves parents responses to the childs pain. This recent study investigates a randomized sample of children with functional abdominal pain (n=200) and their parents at a follow up occurring 12 months after the initial treatment. The experimental group had received a social learning and CBT intervention (SLCBT) while the control group received an education and support (ES) treatment, both lasting three sessions. The childrens symptoms and pain-coping responses were examined using standard instruments. Initial baseline measurements were collected prior to treatment.. The results from the parent study were maintained at the 12-month follow-up. Children in the SLCBT intervention group showed greater baseline to 12 month reductions in symptom severity and greater ...
Curriculum Map for Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellows from the Childrens Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. |...
Critical Care and Resuscitation Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) Hypothermia and hyperthermia Increased intracranial pressure Invasive and non-invasive monitoring Pharmacology Analgesics Pain management in critically ill children Inotropic agents Intubation medications Neuromuscular blocking agents Ssedatives Shock Post-operative chest tube function Respiratory failure Ventilatory management and interpretation of blood gases Adolescent Medicine and Gynecology, and Obstetrics…
Helpful Information - Boston Osteopathic Health
Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. 2003;157:861-866. The use of osteopathic manipulative treatment as adjuvant therapy in children with recurrent acute otitis media Mills MV, Henley CE, Barnes LLB, et al Demonstrated improved hearing, decreased ear infections, and fewer tubes needed in those children receiving Osteopathic Manipulative ...
Hypermobility Syndromes: Common But Often Overlooked
Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: Recognition, Diagnosis & Management Howard P. Levy, M.D., Ph.D. Assistant Professor, Johns Hopkins University Johns Hopkins Adolescent Medicine Grand Rounds Baltimore, MD October 12, 2012 Disclosures 1. No relevant financial relationships 2. I will discuss non-FDA labeled use of the following medications: Tricyclic antidepressants for neuropathic pain SNRI antidepressants for neuropathic pain Anti-seizure medications for neuropathic pain Learning Objectives • Recognize features of EDS • Initiate appropriate evaluation • Understand activity and other management recommendations Case 1: 18 yo Girl With Knee Pain & Instability • 5-6 yrs bilat knee pain & patellar instability • Failed: steroid & Synvisc injections debridement, chondroplasties, plication, synovectomy, lateral release, osteotomies, ligament reconstruction (11 total procedures) aquatic resistance exercise • Gave up lacrosse, soccer, horse riding • Easy bruising, no other skin ...
Diagnosis of menstrual disorder: Costs for treatment #185299 in Germany | BookingHealth
Diagnosis of menstrual disorder (costs for program #185299) ✔ Academic Hospital Hildesheim ✔ Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine ✔ BookingHealth.com
Toothache more common among minority and special needs children
Poor, minority and special needs children are more likely to be affected by toothache, according to a report in the November issue of Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, one of the JAMA/Archives journals.
Reversing anticoagulant effects of novel oral anticoagulants: role of | VHRM
Reversing anticoagulant effects of novel oral anticoagulants: role of ciraparantag, andexanet alfa, and idarucizumab Tiffany Y Hu,1 Vaibhav R Vaidya,2 Samuel J Asirvatham2,31Mayo Medical School, 2Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, 3Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USAAbstract: Novel oral anticoagulants (NOACs) are increasingly used in clinical practice, but lack of commercially available reversal agents is a major barrier for mainstream use of these therapies. Specific antidotes to NOACs are under development. Idarucizumab (aDabi-Fab, BI 655075) is a novel humanized mouse monoclonal antibody that binds dabigatran and reverses its anticoagulant effect. In a recent Phase III study (Reversal Effects of Idarucizumab on Active Dabigatran), a 5 g intravenous infusion of idarucizumab resulted in the normalization of dilute thrombin time in 98% and 93% of the two groups studied, with normalization of ecarin-clotting time in 89% and
Diagnosis of ovarian yolk sac tumor: Costs for treatment #225653 in Germany | BookingHealth
Diagnosis of ovarian yolk sac tumor (costs for program #225653) ✔ University Hospital Würzburg ✔ Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine ✔ BookingHealth.com
Oklahoma Children's Hospital
"Adolescent Medicine". www.oumedicine.com. Archived from the original on 2020-05-20. Retrieved 2020-05-30. Housden, Alex (2020- ... It is affiliated with the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. The hospital features all private rooms that consist of ... "OU MED CENTER CHILDRENS HOSPITAL" (PDF). OU Medicine. Archived (PDF) from the original on 20 May 2020. Retrieved 29 May 2020. " ... University of Oklahoma College of Medicine List of children's hospitals in the United States Children's Hospital of ...
Yale New Haven Children's Hospital
"Adolescent Medicine". Pediatrics. Archived from the original on 2020-03-19. Retrieved 2020-03-19. "Connecticut Trauma Centers ... "Why choose Yale Medicine: Patient Care". Yale Medicine. Archived from the original on 2020-03-19. Retrieved 2020-03-19. "Ear, ... "Yale New Haven Children's Hospital Is Now Home to Second Neonatal MRI Machine in the Country". medicine.yale.edu. Archived from ... List of children's hospitals in the United States Yale New Haven Hospital Yale School of Medicine Neonatal intensive care unit ...
Mary Louise Phillips
Adolescent Medicine , JAMA Psychiatry , JAMA Network". Retrieved 2019-02-13. "Neural systems underlying voluntary and automatic ... Disorders and Professor of Psychiatry and Clinical and Translational Science at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine ...
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Adolescent Medicine. 19 (2): 278-99, x. PMID 18822833. "ADHD Anger Management Directory". Webmd.com. Archived from the original ... Szasz T (2001). "Psychiatric Medicine: Disorder". Pharmacracy: medicine and politics in America. Westport, CT: Praeger. pp. 101 ... Adolescents with ADHD who also have CD are more likely to develop antisocial personality disorder in adulthood. Brain imaging ... Portal: Medicine (CS1 French-language sources (fr), CS1 German-language sources (de), CS1 Spanish-language sources (es), CS1 ...
Cohen Children's Medical Center
Adolescent Medicine". 2003-11-08. Archived from the original on 2003-11-08. Retrieved 2020-04-05. "Adolescent Medicine - Cohen ... In 1989, the hospital affiliated with the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (AECOM). When the Zucker School of Medicine was ... The hospital has 202 pediatric beds and is affiliated the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. ...
Baxi SN, Phipatanakul W (April 2010). "The role of allergen exposure and avoidance in asthma". Adolescent Medicine. 21 (1): 57- ... George, Ronald B. (2005). Chest medicine : essentials of pulmonary and critical care medicine (5th ed.). Philadelphia: ... Wikipedia emergency medicine articles ready to translate, Steroid-responsive inflammatory conditions, Wikipedia medicine ... London: Current Medicine Group. 2003. p. 42. ISBN 978-1-4613-1095-2. Archived from the original on 2017-09-08. Barnes, P. J. ( ...
Children's Hospital at Montefiore
"Adolescent Medicine , The Children's Hospital at Montefiore". www.cham.org. Archived from the original on 2017-08-06. Retrieved ... "Emergency Medicine - Services & Programs , The Children's Hospital at Montefiore". www.cham.org. Archived from the original on ... The hospital has 193 pediatric beds and is affiliated with the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. The hospital is a member of ... Some units include: 28 bed adolescent unit for patients 13-21 35 bed neonatal intensive care unit 26 bed pediatric intensive ...
Levine, R. L. (2002). "Endocrine aspects of eating disorders in adolescents". Adolescent Medicine. 13 (1): 129-144. PMID ... During her tenure there, she created Penn State Hershey Medical Center's Division of Adolescent Medicine and the Penn State ... Nutrition and the adolescent with rheumatic disease". In Isenberg, D. K.; Miller, J. J. III (eds.). Adolescent Rheumatology. ... University School of Medicine and completed a residency in pediatrics and a postdoctoral fellowship in adolescent medicine at ...
407-419 Slap, GB (2008). Adolescent medicine. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby/Elsevier. p. 105. ISBN 9780323040730. Archived from the ... Tintinalli, Judith E. (2010). Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide (Emergency Medicine (Tintinalli)). New York: ... Naproxen by itself may not be effective as a stand-alone medicine to stop a migraine headache as it is only weakly better than ... For people with migraine symptoms such as nausea or vomiting, taking the abortive medicine by mouth or through the nose may be ...
Helen DeVos Children's Hospital
"Adolescent Medicine , Helen DeVos Children's Hospital Services". Spectrum Health. Archived from the original on 2020-08-18. ... It is affiliated with the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine and is a member of the Spectrum health system, ...
Recreational drug use
Journal of Adolescent Health. Elsevier on behalf of the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine. 57 (4): 441-447. doi: ... One in four adolescents has used an illegal drug and one in ten of those adolescents who need addiction treatment get some type ... Adolescent Medicine. 22 (3): 649-69, xiv. PMC 4119795. PMID 22423469. Martens MP, Page JC, Mowry ES, Damann KM, Taylor KK, ... associated with rave culture among adolescents and young adults in the Western world. Studies have shown that adolescents are ...
Comer Children's Hospital
"Adolescent Medicine". www.uchicagomedicine.org. Archived from the original on 2020-05-14. Retrieved 2020-05-28. "Pediatric & ... It is affiliated with the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine and is a member of the UChicago health system, the ... In 2015, after the many protests over the death of Damian Turner, The University of Chicago Medicine announced it will build a ... Moore, Natalie (10 April 2019). "U Of C Medicine Gets Millions To Support Children In Trauma". WBEZ Chicago. Archived from the ...
Nationwide Children's Hospital
"Adolescent Medicine". www.nationwidechildrens.org. Archived from the original on 2019-12-17. Retrieved 2020-04-15. " ... Genomic Medicine, Perinatal Research, Mathematical Medicine, and Vaccines and Immunity departments. Children's Hospital ... The Internal Medicine-Pediatrics residency program began in 1983, followed by the neonatology fellowship in 1984 and the ... "Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine". www.nationwidechildrens.org. Archived from the original on 2019-09-04. Retrieved 2020-04-15 ...
Children's Hospital of Michigan
"Adolescent Medicine , Children's Hospital Michigan". DMC Children's Hospital. Archived from the original on 2020-03-28. ... Physical Medicine/ Rehabilitation, Reconstructive Surgery, Poison Control Center, Psychiatry/Psychology and Pulmonary Medicine ... The hospital has 227 beds and is affiliated with both the Wayne State University School of Medicine and the Michigan State ... Positron Emission Tomography is a type of nuclear medicine procedure that measures metabolic activity of the cells of body ...
Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters
"CHKD Health System , About Us , Pediatric Health & Medicine". www.chkd.org. Retrieved 2020-12-05. "Adolescent Medicine , ... "CHKD surgery gives man the gift of deep breaths , Health & Medicine , pilotonline.com". 2018-02-24. Archived from the original ...
Black AY, Fleming NA, Rome ES (April 2012). "Pregnancy in adolescents". Adolescent Medicine. 23 (1): 123-38, xi. PMID 22764559 ... Rowan SP, Someshwar J, Murray P (April 2012). "Contraception for primary care providers". Adolescent Medicine. 23 (1): 95-110, ... Adolescent Medicine. 22 (3): 521-43, xii. PMID 22423463. Chin HB, Sipe TA, Elder R, Mercer SL, Chattopadhyay SK, Jacob V, et al ... Neinstein L (2008). Adolescent health care : a practical guide (5th ed.). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. p. 624. ...
Morristown Medical Center
Pediatric services offered at Goryeb Children's Hospital include: Adolescent Medicine Emergency Medicine General Pediatrics, ... "Adolescent & Teen Medicine". Atlantic Health. Archived from the original on 2020-10-28. Retrieved 2020-01-20. "SWLP , Goryeb ... Morristown Medical Center is affiliated with the Sidney Kimmel School of Medicine at Thomas Jefferson University. The facility ... Morristown Medical Center is affiliated with the Sidney Kimmel School of Medicine at Thomas Jefferson University. Morristown ...
McPartland J, Klin A (October 2006). "Asperger's syndrome". Adolescent Medicine Clinics. 17 (3): 771-88, abstract xiii. doi: ... Tantam D (January 2003). "The challenge of adolescents and adults with Asperger syndrome". Child and Adolescent Psychiatric ... Adolescents with AS may exhibit ongoing difficulty with self-care or organization, and disturbances in social and romantic ... The "different-ness" adolescents experience can be traumatic. Anxiety may stem from preoccupation over possible violations of ...
History of Asperger syndrome
McPartland J, Klin A (October 2006). "Asperger's syndrome". Adolescent Medicine Clinics. 17 (3): 771-88, abstract xiii. doi: ... According to Ishikawa and Ichihashi in the Japanese Journal of Clinical Medicine, the first author to use the term Asperger's ... Japanese Journal of Clinical Medicine (in Japanese). 65 (3): 409-418. PMID 17354550. Bosch G (1962). Der frühkindliche Autismus ... Wing L (February 1981). "Asperger's syndrome: a clinical account". Psychological Medicine. 11 (1): 115-129. doi:10.1017/ ...
McPartland J, Klin A (October 2006). "Asperger's syndrome". Adolescent Medicine Clinics. 17 (3): 771-88, abstract xiii. doi: ... Adolescent Medicine. 161 (4): 343-349. doi:10.1001/archpedi.161.4.343. PMID 17404130. Praslova, Ludmila N. (2021). Autism ... adolescents, and adults with autism and other pervasive developmental disorders. American Academy of Child and Adolescent ... Studies in evolutionary medicine indicate that as biological evolution becomes outpaced by cultural evolution, disorders linked ...
Adolescent Male , Johns Hopkins Medicine". Hopkinsmedicine.org. Retrieved 2020-02-27. "Male puberty milestones". Health24. ... The term is commonly used for a child or an adolescent. When a male human reaches adulthood, he is described as a man. ... Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Understanding the Biology of Sex and Gender Differences (November 28, 2001). Wizemann, ... Jorgensen & Keiding 1991). Bjorklund DF, Blasi CH (2011). Child and Adolescent Development: An Integrated Approach. Cengage ...
"Puberty: Adolescent Male". Johns Hopkins Medicine. Retrieved 2020-02-27. "Male Reproductive System Information". Cleveland ... Comprehensive Adolescent Health Care. St Louis: Quality Medical Publishing; 1992. Retrieved on 2009-02-20 Abbassi V (1998). " ... Lehrer S (1983). "Puberty and resonance: a hypothesis" (PDF). The Mount Sinai Journal of Medicine, New York. 50 (1): 39-43. ... Beaugé M (1997). "The causes of adolescent phimosis". Br J Sex Med (Sept/Oct): 26. "Circumcision Policy Statement". Pediatrics ...
Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. 19: 110-125. doi:10.1159/000368112. ISBN 978-3-318-02798-3. Sultan, Charles; Gaspari, Laura ... Usually, the breasts do not develop past stage 3 on the Tanner Scale, hence maintaining adolescent nipples. Moreover, in 90% of ... Sultan, Charles (2004-01-01). Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology: Evidence-based Clinical Practice. Karger Medical and ... Sultan, C. (2012-07-30). Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. Karger Medical and Scientific Publishers. ISBN 9783805593373. ...
Elizabeth R. McAnarney
McAnarney is a leader in the field of Adolescent Medicine, and long advocated for it to become a board-certified specialty, ... She is the editor of the Textbook of Adolescent Medicine, published in 1992. She was the president of the Society for ... McAnarney, Elizabeth R (1992). Textbook of adolescent medicine. Saunders. p. 1-1227. McAnarney, Elizabeth R.; Roghmann, Klaus J ... serving as director of the Division of Adolescent Medicine for 22 years. In 1993, she became the first woman to serve as the ...
NYU Langone Health
"Division of Adolescent Medicine". NYU Langone Health. Archived from the original on 2021-01-31. Retrieved 2021-04-01. "Why NYU ... "Pioneering Medicine: The Evolution of NYU Langone Medical Center" (PDF). NYU Grossman School of Medicine. Archived (PDF) from ... The health system consists of NYU Grossman School of Medicine and NYU Long Island School of Medicine, both part of New York ... With a tradition of responding to urgent public health issues, the faculty and alumni of NYU Grossman School of Medicine have ...
Adolescent Medicine (Philadelphia, Pa.). Vol. 8. Columbia University Press. pp. 207-374. ISBN 978-0-231-11191-1. PMID 10360017 ... Adolescent Medicine. 151 (3): 298-304. doi:10.1001/archpedi.1997.02170400084015. PMID 9080940. West, Candace; Zimmerman, Don H ... It has been presented in a journal article by Emerald Group Publishing Limited that adolescent girls have been affected by the ... ISBN 978-0-8014-7662-4. Encouraging one's daughter to pursue a career in medicine is no longer an unusual idea… Americans are ...
Infant ear piercing
Stapleton, F Bruder (2004). "Infection after ear piercing". Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Cicchetti, S; Skillman, J; ... Roberts, TA; Auinger, P; Ryan, SA (2004). "Body piercing and high-risk behavior in adolescents". J Adolesc Health. 34 (3): 224- ...
"Adolescent health and medicine , Children's Wisconsin". childrenswi.org. Retrieved October 13, 2020. "Trauma Centers". American ... Kluger, Jeffrey (April 21, 2014). "A Preemie Revolution: Cutting-edge medicine and dedicated caregivers are helping the tiniest ...
Hassenfeld Children's Hospital
"Division of Adolescent Medicine". NYU Langone Health. Archived from the original on January 31, 2021. Retrieved April 1, 2021 ... It is directly affiliated with the pediatrics department of the New York University Grossman School of Medicine. The hospital ... "Facilities". NYU School of Medicine: Department of Pediatrics. November 4, 2005. Archived from the original on November 4, 2005 ... New York University Grossman School of Medicine New York University Kravis Children's Hospital "Hassenfeld Children's Hospital ...
Internal Medicine; Laboratory; Neurology; Nutrition Services; Obstetrics/Gynecology; Pediatrics/Adolescent Medicine; Pediatrics ... Pediatrics/Adolescent Medicine; Pediatrics After Hours; Pediatric Pulmonology; Physiatry; Physical Therapy; Plastic Surgery; ... Extensivist Medicine; Family Medicine; Gastroenterology; General Surgery; Genetic Counseling Center; Geriatric Services; Hand ... Podiatry; Pulmonology; Rheumatology; Speech Therapy; Spine Surgery Center; Sports Medicine; Surgical Oncology; Travel Medicine ...
... of the tomb was cut from the bedrock and contained the remains of the king himself together with those of two adolescents who ...
Adolescent medicine. *Anesthesiology. *Dermatology. *Disaster medicine. *Diving medicine. *Emergency medicine *Mass gathering ... Evidence-Based Medicine - An Oral History, JAMA and the BMJ, 2014. *Centre for Evidence-based Medicine at the University of ... Annals of Internal Medicine; vol. 114, suppl. 2). *^ "Development of evidence-based medicine explored in oral history video, ... Evidence-Based Medicine Working Group (November 1992). "Evidence-based medicine. A new approach to teaching the practice of ...
Institute of Medicine (US) Standing Committee on the scientific evaluation of dietary reference intakes and its panel on folate ... The total choline intake mean estimate was 336 mg/day in pregnant adolescents and 356 mg/day in pregnant women. ... Institute of Medicine, Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary reference intakes for Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate ... The National Academy of Medicine (NAM) recommendations apply in the United States, Australia and New Zealand. ...
"Study of Adolescents Exposed in Utero to the Atomic Bomb, Nagasaki, Japan". The Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine. 36 (6): ... "Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology. 56 (7): 627-634. doi:10.1111/dmcn.12445. ISSN 0012-1622. PMC 4231219. PMID 24665922 ... "New England Journal of Medicine. 374 (10): 951-958. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1600651. ISSN 0028-4793. PMID 26862926. S2CID 205099844. ... "New England Journal of Medicine. 374 (20): 1981-1987. doi:10.1056/NEJMsr1604338. PMID 27074377. S2CID 20675635.. ...
Antidepressiu - Viquipèdia, l'enciclopèdia lliure
Jakobsen, JC; Gluud, C; Kirsch, I «Should antidepressants be used for major depressive disorder?». BMJ Evidence-Based Medicine ... adolescents i adults joves. Es pot produir una síndrome de suspensió després d'aturar qualsevol antidepressiu que ... Safety in Medicine, 29, 3, maig 2018, pàg. 125-134. DOI: 10.3233/JRS-180744. PMC: 6004900. PMID: 29733030. ... PLOS Medicine, 5, 2, febrer 2008, pàg. e45. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pmed.0050045. PMC: 2253608. PMID: 18303940. ...
"Adolescent Acne: Management".. *^ "Amoxicillin and Acne Vulgaris". scienceofacne.com. 2012-09-05. Arhivirano s originala, 21. 7 ... "19th WHO Model List of Essential Medicines" (PDF). World Health Organization. April 2015. Pristupljeno 14. 12. 2015.. CS1 ... "Pneumonia - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health".. CS1 održavanje: nepreporučeni parametar (link) ...
"Psychological Medicine. 35 (11): 1581-1588. doi:10.1017/s0033291705005374. hdl:1871/18001. ISSN 1469-8978. PMID 16219116. S2CID ... An adolescent's age is extremely important in terms of life satisfaction coming from their family. ... Social Science & Medicine. 66 (8): 1733-1749. doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2008.01.030. PMID 18316146.. ... Terman, Michael; Su Terman, Jiuan (2005). "Light Therapy". Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine (Fourth ed.). Elsevier. pp ...
In children and adolescents (in whom the hyoid bone is still flexible because ossification is yet to be completed) fracture may ... American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 161 (2 Pt 1): 347-52. doi:10.1164/ajrccm.161.2.9810091. PMID ...
লেছবিয়ান - অসমীয়া ৱিকিপিডিয়া
Institute of Medicine. আই.এচ.বি.এন. 0-585-04728-6 ... "Sexual orientation and adolescents". Pediatrics খণ্ড 113 (6): ...
ପ୍ରମୁଖ ଅବସାଦ ବେମାରୀ - ଉଇକିପିଡ଼ିଆ
Siu, AL; U.S. Preventive Services Task, Force (1 March 2016). "Screening for Depression in Children and Adolescents: U.S. ... Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement". Annals of Internal Medicine. 164 (5): 360-6. doi:10.7326/M15-2957. ...
... this includes the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent to Adult Health, the largest U.S. study with relevant data on ... "Psychological Medicine. 42 (3): 521-532. doi:10.1017/S0033291711001577. PMC 3594769. PMID 21867592.. ...
വൈദ്യം - വിക്കിപീഡിയ
Addiction medicine. *Adolescent medicine. *Anesthesiology. *Dermatology. *Disaster medicine. *Diving medicine (Undersea and ...
குழந்தை குடல் வலி - தமிழ் விக்கிப்பீடியா
Barr, RG (2002). "Changing our understanding of infant colic". Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine 156 (12): 1172-4. ...
புற்றுநோய் - தமிழ் விக்கிப்பீடியா
"The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1980".. *↑ Murgia C, Pritchard JK, Kim SY, Fassati A, Weiss RA (2006). "Clonal origin ... Cancer Incidence and Survival among Children and Adolescents, United States SEER program 1975-1995. Bethesda, MD: National ... "Holland-Frei Cancer Medicine (5th ). Hamilton, Ontario: B.C. Decker. 2000. பன்னாட்டுத் தரப்புத்தக எண்:978-1-55009-113-7. https ... "Holland-Frei Cancer Medicine (5th ). Hamilton, Ontario: B.C. Decker. 2000. பன்னாட்டுத் தரப்புத்தக எண்:978-1-55009-113-7. https ...
Youth in Africa
"The Power of 1.8 Billion: Adolescents, Youth, and the Transformation of the Future" (PDF). UNFPA. 2014. Archived (PDF) from the ... Social Sciences and Medicine, 71(9):1601-1609 ... Status Report Adolescents and Young People in Sub-Saharan ... Phillips-Owen, J., Baig, B., Abbo, C. and Baheretibeb, Y. (2016) Child and Adolescent Mental Health in Sub-Saharan Africa: A ... distance to school and the demand for children and adolescents to cook, clean and care for younger children as part of their ...
Among pre-adolescents, "dirty" jokes allow them to share information about their changing bodies. And sometimes joking is ... Marcus, Adam (2001). "Laughter Shelved in Medicine Cabinet: America's sense of humor blunted by week of shock". Healingwell.com ...
Sitting Bull - Wikipèdia
Sitting Bull coneissava tanben las tecnicas de garison e las plantas medicinalas, sens pasmens èsser un medicine man. ... èra adolescent. ...
维生素D缺乏症 - 维基百科，自由的百科
Alternative medicine review. 2005, 10 (2): 94-111. PMID 15989379.. *^ Heaney RP, Recker RR, Grote J, Horst RL, Armas LA. ... High prevalence of asymptomatic vitamin D and iron deficiency in East African immigrant children and adolescents living in a ... Experimental & molecular medicine. 2003, 35 (6): 550-5. PMID 14749534.. *^ Chen WY, Bertone-Johnson ER, Hunter DJ, Willett WC, ... Archives of Internal Medicine. 2001-07-09, 161 (13): 1581-1586 [2019-02-12]. ISSN 0003-9926. PMID 11434789. （原始内容存档于2016-03-04 ...
Nervi - Viquipèdia, l'enciclopèdia lliure
National Center for Biotechnology Information, US National Library of Medicine, 2018 Nov 24; CID 137 (rev), pàgs: 46 [Consulta ... Els perineuromas intraneurals són benignes, es presenten habitualment en adolescents o adults joves i afecten per igual a ... Gene Home Reference «Transthyretin amyloidosis» (en anglès). NIH, US National Library of Medicine, 2019; Gen, pp: 7 [Consulta: ... Tchernev G, Chokoeva AA, Patterson JW, Bakardzhiev I, et al «Plexiform Neurofibroma: A Case Report» (en anglès). Medicine ( ...
Prolonged grief disorder
"PLOS Medicine. 6 (8): e1000121. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1000121. PMC 2711304. PMID 19652695.. ... Avoidance of reminders that the person is dead (in children and adolescents, may be characterized by efforts to avoid reminders ... Preoccupation with thoughts or memories of the deceased person (in children and adolescents, preoccupation may focus on the ... Journal of Palliative Medicine. 9 (3): 683-93. doi:10.1089/jpm.2006.9.683. PMID 16752974.. ...
Emergency medicine Commotio cordis (Latin, "agitation of the heart") is an often lethal disruption of heart rhythm that occurs ... Being less developed, the thorax of an adolescent is likely more prone to this injury given the circumstances. ... BJ], Estes NA (March 2010). "Commotio cordis". The New England Journal of Medicine. 362 (10): 917-27. doi:10.1056/NEJMra0910111 ... The American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 23 (1): 67-75. doi:10.1016/j.ajem.2003.12.023. PMID 15672341.. ...
These tend to occur in the adolescent age group and may be associated with fasting, exercise, abdominal straining, or ... American Journal of Clinical Medicine. Retrieved 11 November 2019.. *^ a b c Marine, JE (2012). "ECG Features that suggest a ... "Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine. 6: 180. doi:10.3389/fcvm.2019.00180. ISSN 2297-055X. PMC 6901601. PMID 31850375.. ... "Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine. 6: 180. doi:10.3389/fcvm.2019.00180. ISSN 2297-055X. PMC 6901601. PMID 31850375.. ...
"Journal of Natural Science, Biology, and Medicine. 5 (1): 139-143. doi:10.4103/0976-9668.127313. ISSN 0976-9668. PMC 3961919. ... can negatively impact the oral health-related quality of life in adolescents. ... Medicine. 38 (1): 1-17. doi:10.1111/j.1600-0714.2008.00699.x. PMID 18771513.. ...
"Annals of Emergency Medicine. 53 (4): 546-7. doi:10.1016/j.annemergmed.2008.10.017. PMID 19303517. Retrieved August 18, 2009.. ... The Manual of Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment calls it the most addictive form of cocaine. ... Estroff, Todd Wilk (2008). Manual of Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment. Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Publishing. ...
Diamond LM, Fagundes CP, Butterworth MR (2011). "Attachment Style, Vagal Tone, and Empathy During Mother-Adolescent ... Diabetic Medicine. 34 (10): 1428-1434. doi:10.1111/dme.13421. PMID 28703868. S2CID 25030686.. ... Diamond LM, Fagundes CP, Butterworth MR (2012). "Attachment style, vagal tone, and empathy during mother-adolescent ... respiratory sinus arrhythmia and affective dynamics during parent-adolescent interactions". Journal of Family Psychology. 25 (5 ...
സാമൂഹിക പ്രതിരോധം - വിക്കിപീഡിയ
"Adolescent and young adult HPV vaccination in Australia: achievements and challenges". Preventive Medicine. 53 Suppl 1 (Suppl 1 ... "Update on adult immunizations". Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 25 (4): 496-510. 2012. doi:10.3122/jabfm. ... "American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 45 (1): 118-121. July 2013. doi:10.1016/j.amepre.2013.02.016. PMC 3694502. PMID ... Rakel D, Rakel RE (2015). Textbook of Family Medicine. Elsevier Health Sciences. പുറങ്ങൾ. 99, 187. ISBN 978-0323313087. . ...
多囊卵巢綜合症 - 维基百科，自由的百
McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. 12 September 2011 [15 November ... Diagnosis of Hyperandrogenism in Female Adolescents. Hyperandrogenism in Adolescent Girls. Armenian Health Network, Health.am. ... Seminars in Reproductive Medicine (Review). 2009, 27 (4): 306-15. PMID 19530064. doi:10.1055/s-0029-1225258.. ... New England Journal of Medicine. 1998-06-25, 338 (26): 1876-1880 [2015-05-24]. ISSN 0028-4793. PMID 9637806. doi:10.1056/ ...
During his reign, a public hospital (bemoristan) and a madrasah were established in Samarkand, where medicine was also taught. ... The Evolution of the World of Child and Adolescent Literature). Tehran, Iran: Faradid publishing. pp. 18-27. ISBN 9786226606622 ...
DuPont is a fellow of the American Society of Addiction Medicine and a life fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. ... one of the few drug treatment programs at that time that enrolled adolescents, which was criticized by some as a "controversial ... In 1980 he became a clinical professor of psychiatry at the Georgetown University School of Medicine, and founded the Anxiety ... "Addiction in medicine". Transactions of the American Clinical and Climatological Association. 119: 227-241. PMC 2394682. PMID ...
"Emergency Medicine Journal. 12 (3): 214-15. doi:10.1136/emj.12.3.214. PMC 1342486. PMID 8581253.. ... A Mechanism of Hippocampal Neurodegeneration in an Adolescent Alcohol Abuse Model." Hippocampus: NA. ... Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 619: 613-637. doi:10.1007/978-0-387-75865-7_28. ISBN 978-0-387-75864-0. . PMID ... How, C (2003). "Tetrodotoxin Poisoning". The American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 21 (1): 51-54. doi:10.1053/ajem.2003.50008 ...
Adolescent Medicine | Medscape
Browsing Publications by Subject "Adolescent Medicine"
Browsing by Subject "Adolescent Medicine"
WHO Expert Committee on Health Needs of Adolescents; World Health Organization (Organización Mundial de la Salud, 1977) ... Pilot approaches in adolescent reproductive health : report on a WHO meeting : executive meeting, Lisbon, Portugal 8-9 April ... Lois et politiques ayant une incidence sur la santé des adolescents / par John M. Paxman et Ruth Jane Zuckerman ... Promoting adolescent health and development in the Eastern Mediterranean Region. Report of a roundtable discussion, Manama, ...
Adolescent Medicine | Medscape
Adolescent medicine - Wikipedia
Adolescent medicine also known as adolescent and young adult medicine is a medical subspecialty that focuses on care of ... Many adolescent medicine fellowships include rotations in college-based student health clinics and many adolescent medicine ... "Adolescent Medicine - Pediatrics - IU School of Medicine". iu.edu. Retrieved 9 April 2018. "Adolescent health centers in ... adolescent medicine providers often belong to The Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine and/or The North American Society ...
... eligibility and contact information for the Fellowship in Adolescent Medicine program at Johns Hopkins. ... Adolescent Medicine Fellowships. The mission of the Fellowship in Adolescent Medicine is to develop the next generation of ... A track record of producing leaders in adolescent medicine. *Comprehensive clinical training in adolescent health and medicine ... Adolescent Medicine Fellowship Program. Maria Trent, MD, MPH, FAAP, FSAHM. T32 Training Director, Adolescent Medicine ...
FY16 Annual Report | Adolescent and Transition Medicine
Adolescent Medicine Archives - Seattle magazine
Adolescent Medicine Specialists (for Teens) - Children's Health Network
Adolescent medicine doctors are specialists who have extra training in the medical and emotional issues that many teens face. ... for recommendations on adolescent medicine specialists. Or search for one on the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine ... For girls, many adolescent medicine doctors provide gynecology care as well, including pelvic exams when needed. So if a girl ... Some adolescent medicine doctors have schedules that allow them to spend as much time as needed with patients. But if you have ...
Adolescent Medicine Doctors near me | Healthgrades
WHO EMRO | Medicines, vaccine and supply management | IMCI | Child and adolescent health
Child and adolescent health , Integrated Management of Childhood Health , Medicines, vaccine and supply management ... The availability of medicines and vaccines is critical to the provision of quality care. Essential medicines need to be of ... As with medicines, vaccines also need to be regularly available, together with the equipment and supplies required to store and ... An appropriate use of medicines, especially antibiotics, by IMCI-trained health providers has been described in the Region, ...
Adolescent & Young Adult Medicine | Lurie Children's
The Potocsnak Family Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine provides medical and mental health services for children ... and adolescents up to age 25, including primary care, behavioral health, and gender development care. ... Adolescent & Young Adult Medicine News & Stories. CAH Conference Update Read more Gender-Affirming Care Is Healthcare Not Child ... Want to read the latest news on The Potocsnak Family Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine care, services, community ...
Dr. Mark Boehnert, MD | Boston, MA | Adolescent Medicine | Vitals
Mark Boehnert, MD, is a specialist in adolescent medicine who treats patients in Boston, MA. This provider has 42 years of ... He works in Boston, MA and 1 other location and specializes in Adolescent Medicine, Other Specialty and Pediatrics. ... His specialties include Adolescent Medicine, Other Specialty and Pediatrics. He speaks English. ... Boehnert graduated from the Tufts University School of Medicine in 1980. ...
Elizabeth M. Bird, MD Adolescent Medicine | Yale New Haven Hospital
Elizabeth Bird specializes in Adolescent Medicine and is a member of Yale New Haven Childrens Hospital ... Adolescent Medicine, Pediatrics. Conditions & Treatments. Allergy/Allergies, Anxiety Disorders, Asthma, Behavior Problems, ... Evidence-Based Medicine, Gastrointestinal Disorders, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD), Integrative Medicine, Mood Disorders ...
Pediatric and Adolescent Comparative Effectiveness Research | IU School of Medicine
Pediatric and Adolescent Comparative Effectiveness Research (PACER) in the Department of Pediatrics at IU School of Medicine is ... IU School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics 1130 W Michigan Street Fesler Hall 320 Indianapolis, IN 46202 317-944-5000 ... Indiana University School of Medicine. 340 West 10th Street. Fairbanks Hall, Suite 6200. Indianapolis, IN 46202-3082 317-274- ... Other members of the Pediatric and Adolescent Comparative Effectiveness Research team are:. Andy Boyll, MA - Academic Division ...
Adolescent Medicine Clinic
The Adolescent Health Clinic works closely with other pediatric specialty clinics to provide services to youth with chronic ... Adolescent Medicine. We are committed to providing comprehensive, innovative, and collaborative family-centred care for ... Home /McMaster Childrens Hospital /Areas of Care /Medicine /Adolescent Medicine Clinic ... As part of the Adolescent Medicine and Eating Disorder Team at McMaster Childrens Hospital/McMaster University:. *We are ...
International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health Volume 15 Issue 4
... issue 4 of the journal International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health was published in 2003. ... Associate Professor in Adolescent Medicine & Division Chief of the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Western ... The International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health (IJAMH) provides an international and interdisciplinary forum for ... have just taken over as Co-Editors-in-Chief of International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health (IJAMH). ...
Adolescent medicine in Austin | Ascension
Adolescent medicine doctors at Dell Childrens deliver healthcare for teens and young adults - from puberty concerns to mental ... Adolescent medicine at Dell Childrens. Adolescent medicine doctors at Dell Childrens deliver healthcare for teens and young ... Adolescent medicine doctors help bridge the gap between pediatric care and adult care. We have the expertise to diagnose and ...
Adolescent Suicide Prevention | Public Health and Preventive Medicine | SUNY Upstate Medical University
College of Medicine. College of Nursing. College of Health Professions. College of Graduate Studies. Health Sciences Library. ... This teaching case examines the issue of prevention of adolescent and young adult suicide both at an individual and at a ... Students then develop skills in the reporting as well as in the epidemiology of adolescent suicidal deaths in Onondaga County. ...
Dr. Jennifer Maguire, MD, Adolescent Medicine | Purcellville, VA | WebMD
Jennifer Maguire, MD, is an Adolescent Medicine specialist practicing in Purcellville, VA with 25 years of experience. This ... She works in Purcellville, VA and 3 other locations and specializes in Adolescent Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Maguire is ... Maguire graduated from the St Georges University School of Medicine in 1997. ...
Adolescent Medicine Archives - Page 15 of 16 - Clinical Advisor
What Can I Do - Educators & Coaches - Eating Disorder Program - Adolescent Medicine - Golisano Children's Hospital - University...
Contact the Child and Adolescent Medicine Eating Disorders Program in the Division of Adolescent Medicine. Phone: (585) 275- ... Golisano Childrens Hospital / Adolescent Medicine / Eating Disorders / For Educators / Coaches / What Can I Do? ... Eating disorders are the third most common chronic illness among adolescents.. Prevention is the First Line of Defense. Coaches ...
Child and Adolescent Health - Medicine and Health PG - The University of Sydney
You are here: Home / Medicine and Health PG / Areas of study A-F / Child and Adolescent Health / Course structure ... Child and Adolescent Health. Course Rules. Please find the course rules here. ... Graduate Certificate in Medicine (Child and Adolescent Health). *Graduate Diploma in Medicine (Child and Adolescent Health) ...
Adolescents uncertain about risks of marijuana, e-cigarettes | News Center | Stanford Medicine
Adolescents get clear messages about the harms of smoking cigarettes, but they receive conflicting or sparse information about ... Stanford Medicine News 06 For teens, anti-smoking message incomplete Story Adolescents uncertain about risks of marijuana, e- ... a postdoctoral scholar in adolescent medicine.. "Were good at delivering messaging that cigarettes are harmful, but we need to ... professor of pediatrics in adolescent medicine and the studys senior author. "We dont want the message kids get to be ...
Joanna Zolkowski-Wynne, MD Adolescent Medicine | Bridgeport Hospital
Mary Cathey, Adolescent Medicine in Oak Ridge, TN | Vitals
PPT - Assistant Professor in Pediatrics-Adolescent Medicine PowerPoint Presentation - ID:3511601
Assistant Professor in Pediatrics-Adolescent Medicine Head of the Adolescent Health Unit (Α .H.U. ) Second Dpt of Pediatrics, ... Internet risks among European Adolescents. International Seminar on Problematic Use of New Media May 7-9th, 2014 Luxembourg. ... Training in Adolescent Medicine - Daniel hardoff, md the israeli adolescent medicine society israel center for medical ... Assistant Professor in Pediatrics-Adolescent Medicine Head of the Adolescent Health Unit (Α .H.U. ) Second Dpt of Pediatrics, ...
Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine Locations | UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Dr. Katia Liberatore Adolescent Medicine. Laredo TX
Katia Liberatore, Adolescent Medicine in Laredo, TX. See Reviews & Make an Appointment! ... TX and specializes in Adolescent Medicine, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatry and Adult, Child/Adolescent Psychiatry ... Liberatore graduated from the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine in 2005. She works in Laredo, ... Adolescent Medicine Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Psychiatry Adult, Child/Adolescent Psychiatry 0. ...
PsychiatrySpecialtyGynecologyMental healthInternal medicineChildrenAmong Adolescents and Young AdultsClinicResidencyPediatriciansPediatrics-Adolescent MedicineDepartment of Paediatrics and Adolescent MedicineSpecialtiesSubspecialtyAdultGeneral PediatricsReproductive healthBehaviorsAssociate ProfessorPhysiciansPediatricianSociety for Adolescent MedicineFellowship in Adolescent MedicinePatientsSpecializesChildren'sCareDisordersPubertyEpidemiologyEmergency MedicineSpecialistsAdultsHealth of adolescentsPreventionDoctorsHealthcare2021ClinicsInfants2019FacultySearch2020Sexually2017Pediatric MedicineAdolescence
- In the United States, subspecialty medical board certification in adolescent medicine is available through the specialty boards of American Board of Internal Medicine, the American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry, the American Board of Family Medicine, the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians, the American Board of Pediatrics, and the American Osteopathic Board of Pediatrics. (wikipedia.org)
- She works in Laredo, TX and specializes in Adolescent Medicine, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatry and Adult, Child/Adolescent Psychiatry. (webmd.com)
- She works in Lawrence, KS and 1 other location and specializes in Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, Neurology and Adult, Child/Adolescent Psychiatry. (medicinenet.com)
- The Department of Psychiatry at Tufts Medical Center Physicians Organization is seeking a 1.0 FTE BC/BE Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to work as part of our Psychiatry team to provide Psychiatric and Behavioral Health Services. (jamanetwork.com)
- Provide education, supervision and training of our child and adolescent psychiatry residents, general psychiatry residents and Tufts medical students. (jamanetwork.com)
- Dr. Pumariega has devoted his over 40 year career in psychiatry and child/adolescent psychiatry to children's systems of care and cultural diversity in mental health. (ufl.edu)
- He received his M.D. from the University of Miami School of Medicine (and later inducted into its Alumni Hall of Fame in 1999) and residency and fellowship in general and child psychiatry at Duke University Medical Center. (ufl.edu)
- three directorships of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (University of Texas Medical Branch, University of South Carolina, and East Tennessee State University), and chaired three departments of psychiatry (East Tennessee State University, Reading Hospital and Medical Center, and Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Health). (ufl.edu)
- He is a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) and the Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP), and Fellow of the American College of Psychiatrists and American Orthopsychiatric Association. (ufl.edu)
- He has served as Associate Editor of the American Journal of Orthopsychiatry and the Journal of Child and Family Studies ,and on the Editorial Board of Community Mental Health Journal, Journal of Child and Family Studies, and Adolescent Psychiatry . (ufl.edu)
- Dr. Brown officially joined the Department of Psychiatry on January 2, 2015 as a Clinical Associate Professor in the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and assumed the position of Program Director for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. (ufl.edu)
- Dr. Brown transitioned the Program Director role for the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship to Dr. Mariam Rahmani on July 1, 2016, while maintaining a supportive role as the Associate Program Director. (ufl.edu)
- He went on to complete both his General Psychiatry Residency and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base/Wright State University (WPAFB/WSU) in Dayton, OH from 1999 - 2004. (ufl.edu)
- He was then stationed at Barksdale Air Force Base (Shreveport, LA) before returning to WPAFB to serve as the U. S. Air Force Fellowship Training Director for Child & Adolescent Psychiatry for three years. (ufl.edu)
- The Divisions of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics are jointly seeking a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. (nejmcareercenter.org)
- Constantino, John N. / Child Maltreatment Prevention and the Scope of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry . (wustl.edu)
- The Potocsnak Family Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine provides comprehensive primary, consultative, and specialty services to adolescents and young adults. (luriechildrens.org)
- His specialties include Adolescent Medicine, Other Specialty and Pediatrics. (vitals.com)
- He works in Boston, MA and 1 other location and specializes in Adolescent Medicine, Other Specialty and Pediatrics. (vitals.com)
- The Adolescent Health Clinic works closely with other pediatric specialty clinics to provide services to youth with chronic illness and disability. (hamiltonhealthsciences.ca)
- Phoenix Children's Department of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine General Clinic provides comprehensive primary and specialty care to pediatric patients. (phoenixchildrens.org)
- With access to primary care as well as more than 40 specialty and subspecialty health care services, SIU Medicine provides a complete range of care for you and your family. (siumed.org)
- The specialty of internal medicine is an area of primary care for adults. (md.com)
- The specialty of Adolescent Medicine has been gaining growing global recognition since its start in USA in 1956 including, and only recently, in a limited number of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. (esam-eg.org)
- Maria Fareri Children's Hospital offers specialty services that focus on the unique physical, psychological and social characteristics of adolescents and their associated health problems and needs. (mariafarerichildrens.org)
- Also known as adolescent and young adult medicine, our physicians provide both primary and specialty care. (waynepediatrics.org)
- Adolescent medicine--a new specialty? (arctichealth.org)
- In addition to membership in the organizations for their various specialties, adolescent medicine providers often belong to The Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine and/or The North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. (wikipedia.org)
- For girls, many adolescent medicine doctors provide gynecology care as well, including pelvic exams when needed. (kidshealth.org)
- The Pediatric Adolescent Gynecology Fellowship participates in the National Resident Matching Program ( NRMP ). (umkc.edu)
- What is an Adolescent Gynecology Exam? (childrens.com)
- An adolescent gynecology exam is done to help make sure that your reproductive organs and system are healthy. (childrens.com)
- Our adolescent medicine specialists are uniquely trained to serve the needs of teenagers and young women and can offer guidance on age-related issues as well as observe changes and address physical development as part of an adolescent gynecology exam. (childrens.com)
- What are the benefits of an Adolescent Gynecology Exam? (childrens.com)
- What are the side effects of an Adolescent Gynecology Exam? (childrens.com)
- What can I expect with an Adolescent Gynecology Exam? (childrens.com)
- What can I expect before an Adolescent Gynecology Exam? (childrens.com)
- Adolescent medicine doctors at Dell Children's deliver healthcare for teens and young adults - from puberty concerns to mental health and more. (ascension.org)
- in particular, it has been shown to elicit positive mood changes in adolescent psychiatric inpatients, regardless of gender, diagnosis, or mental health acuity level. (ama-assn.org)
- 1. High rates of externalizing mental health problems among adolescents were strongly associated with initiation of e-cigarette use, combustible cigarette use, and dual use at one year-follow up. (2minutemedicine.com)
- Mental health disorders have been associated with increased combustible cigarette use among adolescents and adults. (2minutemedicine.com)
- In this prospective cohort study, researchers used interview data to compare relative risk for initiation of e-cigarette and/or combustible cigarette use among adolescents with varying levels of externalizing and internalizing mental health problems. (2minutemedicine.com)
- Provide outpatient child, adolescent and family mental health evaluations and treatment, as well as monitor and evaluate treatment results. (jamanetwork.com)
- The clinic is at the TCH subspecialty adolescent medicine clinic where fellows see mental health, reproductive health, eating disorder and weight management diagnoses, frequently with an overlay of other chronic illnesses. (bcm.edu)
- Effective suicide prevention interventions are required for homosexual and bisexual adolescents, in the form of targeted programs to improve their mental health status and ability to cope with stress. (semanticscholar.org)
- Educational Objective To review mental health symptoms observed in Adolescent Marijuana Users. (ama-assn.org)
- 1-9 A scarcity of providers dedicated to child and adolescent mental health, limited coverage for mental health services, recent recommendations for screening and treatment in primary care, and success of chronic care 10-12 and other model interventions 10-14 have reinforced the primary care physician role for intervening in adolescent depressive illness. (psychiatrist.com)
- Dr. Franklin is a pediatric psychologist that specializes in using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Motivational Interviewing techniques to address adolescent mental health concerns. (texaschildrens.org)
- Adolescent medicine providers are generally drawn from the specialties of pediatrics, internal medicine, med/peds or family medicine. (wikipedia.org)
- The American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Internal Medicine require evidence of scholarly achievement by candidates for subspecialty certification, usually in the form of an original research study. (wikipedia.org)
- Dr. Shew has two offices in Indiana where she specializes in Adolescent Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. (md.com)
- Pediatric and Adolescent Comparative Effectiveness Research (PACER) in the Department of Pediatrics at IU School of Medicine is funded by a grant from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality in order to discover what matters most to children and caregivers with respect to health and to identify which treatments and therapies work best to deliver optimal outcomes. (iu.edu)
- Furthermore, while gains were made in global malaria control between 2012 and 2016, especially among children under the age of 5, little progress was made in reducing malaria-related deaths among adolescents. (mmv.org)
- Child and Adolescent Health Research Design and Support (CAHRDS) Unit of the Department of Pediatrics of the University of Louisville School of Medicine exists to improve effectiveness, quality, safety, and delivery of health care and promote optimal health for all children in Kentucky. (louisville.edu)
- Our team offers a broad spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for children and adolescents. (medunigraz.at)
- Adolescents are not children anymore and are also not adults yet. (esam-eg.org)
- The University of Chicago Medicine Comer Children's Hospital offers expert gynecologic consultations for children, preteens, teens and young adults, starting as young as infancy and up to age 22. (uchicagomedicine.org)
- Adolescents, or children over the age of 10 should be seen in our office annually, or more often if there are specific ailments or issues that are affecting the pre-teen or teen. (wellrootedpediatrics.com)
- Shahzad Sheikh, MD, is a board-certified pediatrician with nearly twenty years of experience treating infants, children, and adolescents. (kid-doc.com)
- You'll gain access to a wide variety of information on developmental stages, safety, and advocacy for babies, children, teens, and adolescents from the AAP. (eastbaypedi.com)
- Children's National is transforming pediatric medicine for all children. (childrensnational.org)
- Dr. Irfan Suleman and the pediatric pain team at the Kennedy Krieger Institute will lead the 3rd Annual Management of Chronic Pain in Children and Adolescents conference on Saturday, November 6, 2021. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- The overarching goal is to disseminate information that will lead to appropriate management, early intervention, and referral of children and adolescents with chronic pain to help decrease the chances of opioid misuse, dependence, and addiction consistent with state and national initiatives to combat what has been referred to as the opioid epidemic and related morbidity/mortality from opioid abuse. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- Gottschling S, Meyer S, Langler A, Scharifi G, Ebinger F, Gronwald B. Differences in use of complementary and alternative medicine between children and adolescents with cancer in Germany: A population based survey. (homeopathycenter.org)
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in children with cancer is common and probably increasing. (homeopathycenter.org)
- However, data concerning differences between children and adolescents focusing on prevalence, reasons for use/non-use, costs, adverse effects, and socio-demographic factors are lacking. (homeopathycenter.org)
- No studies of children or adolescents have examined which environmental factors in rural areas contribute to obesity disparities. (cdc.gov)
- However, a narrative review of 17 studies examining rural-urban differences in the nutrition and physical activity behaviors of children and adolescents noted inconsistent findings, with few studies examining dietary intake and measuring physical activity using accelerometers (10). (cdc.gov)
- Our specialists in medicine, dietetics and psychology help children, adolescents, young adults, and their families on the journey to recovery. (uclahealth.org)
- In this book you will find a potpourri of research and knowledge of child and adolescent health information from an international perspective on topics that have been and still is the interest of the pediatrician Gredanus: Body shape and sexual health, research related to work, study and health of children and adolescents, injury, abuse and safety for children and adolescents and finally several interesting chapters about autism. (novapublishers.com)
- Also certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), she provides comprehensive medical care for infants, children, and adolescents, acting as their primary care physician. (experts.com)
- This is Standard Treatment Guidelines and Essential Medicines List for Children and Adolescents most we call it in a short name STG. (mimihapa.com)
- While self-perceptions of asthmatic children and parents have been studied, less is known about self-perceptions of inner-city adolescents with asthma. (elsevier.com)
- Plasma BNP concentration was measured in 195 healthy infants, children, and adolescents from birth to 17.6 years using the triage BNP assay (a fluorescence immunoassay). (bmj.com)
- Full blood pressure tables for children and adolescents are available from the NHLBI. (medscape.com)
- Findings from this self-selected population cannot be extrapolated to the entire population of children who were exposed to the disaster, and so the collaborators are recruiting 225 adolescents who respond to the WTCHR, the most representative pediatric population and best-characterized from an environmental exposure standpoint. (cdc.gov)
- Dr. Cada specializes in the medical care of infants, children, adolescents and adults. (froedtert.com)
- or call 800-CDC-INFO but especially children younger than 2 years old, and §The fever should be gone without the use of a children and adolescents with certain chronic health fever-reducing medicine, such as acetaminophen conditions, like asthma and diabetes, are at higher or ibuprofen. (cdc.gov)
- We know that type 2 diabetes in adolescents and young adults has increased tremendously over the last 30 years whereas we really didn't see type 2 diabetes in children and youth just 30 years ago," he emphasized. (medscape.com)
- enable women, children and adolescents to enjoy good health (Thrive) while playing a full role in contributing to transformative change and sustainable development (Transform) and is aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). (who.int)
- To support countries to develop, implement and monitor integrated, evidence-based policies, strategies, comprehensive action plans that increase access to high-impact interventions, reduce risks and improve the overall health and nutrition of newborns, children, adolescents and adults at all levels of the health care delivery system with appropriate linkages to community resources. (who.int)
- To support countries adopt/adapt standards, norms and guidelines to improve quality of care for children and adolescents and nutrition services for all age groups. (who.int)
- To monitor trends of the health status of children and adolescents, and nutrition status of all age groups as well coverage and quality of interventions across countries of the WHO Africa Region. (who.int)
- To support countries to mobilize domestic and external resources to improve the health of children and adolescents. (who.int)
- The growing use of CT technology despite the introduction and wider use of other modalities, such as magnetic resonance imaging, raises concerns in radiological protection, especially for children and adolescents. (who.int)
- Older children , adolescents , and adults also need 1 or 2 doses of MMR vaccine if they are not already immune to measles, mumps, and rubella. (cdc.gov)
Among Adolescents and Young Adults2
- Fellows maintain a continuity panel (including primary and subspecialty care) of adolescents and young adult patients at Center for Adolescent and Young Adult Health Clinic in the Harriet Lane Clinic Fellows also see adolescent and young adults on the various inpatient services through the Adolescent Medicine Consultation service. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- The Adolescent Health Clinic is not able to respond to emergencies. (hamiltonhealthsciences.ca)
- 439 adolescents (mean age 14.6 y, 54% girls) who had a DSM-IV diagnosis of major depressive disorder, could attend an outpatient clinic, scored ⩾45 on the Children's Depression Rating Scale-Revised (CDRS-R), had a full scale IQ ⩾80, and were not taking antidepressants. (bmj.com)
- The PCC Adolescent Clinic serves as a site for medical students during the ambulatory part of their third year required clerkship in pediatrics, and a two-week elective for 4th year medical students. (yale.edu)
- James Patrick Murphy, MD, MMM, FASAM , is a fellowship trained (Mayo Clinic) board certified Anesthesiologist with subspecialty board certifications in Pain Medicine and Addiction Medicine . (experts.com)
- Adolescents should be screened confidentially about the initiation of sexual intercourse at each clinic visit. (contemporaryobgyn.net)
- If adolescents withdraw from care in the adult clinic and return to their previous pediatric/adolescent clinic, the adolescent care provider should be prepared to help the patient identify services that can provide increased support and should encourage re-engagement in adult medical care. (medscape.com)
- Young patients who withdraw from care in an adult clinic will often return to their adolescent or pediatric provider. (medscape.com)
- See a list of publications on congenital heart defects by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine. (mayoclinic.org)
- Adolescent Medicine participates in the July cycle of the National Resident Matching Program using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- He completed his residency at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics and performed a fellowship in adolescent medicine at the University of California in San Francisco. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- He completed both a Pediatric Residency and Adolescent Medicine Fellowship at Children's National Hospital, and is board certified in pediatrics and adolescent medicine. (childrensnational.org)
- There may be many family medicine residency programs that can meet the elements of A. above in a metropolitan area of less than 500,000 persons. (aafp.org)
- We are a team of board certified pediatricians, adolescent medicine physicians and resident doctors. (phoenixchildrens.org)
- Our services are often referred by pediatricians , adolescent medicine specialists or other providers when an assessment of gynecologic health concerns is recommended. (uchicagomedicine.org)
- After working with a large pediatric group on Capitol Hill for several years, "Dr. Cliff" founded the Pediatric & Adolescent Center in 2000, which became part of Children's National Pediatricians & Associates (CNPA) in 2014. (childrensnational.org)
- Mom Docs are all pediatricians with St. Louis Children's Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine. (stlouischildrens.org)
- Internet risks amongEuropean Adolescents International Seminar on Problematic Use of New Media May 7-9th, 2014 Luxembourg Assistant Professor in Pediatrics-Adolescent Medicine Head of the Adolescent Health Unit (Α.H.U.) Second Dpt of Pediatrics, University of Athens, «P & Α Kyriakou» Children's Hospital Athens-Greece. (slideserve.com)
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine1
- The Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine is a specialist hospital and reference hospital serving the southeastern part of Austria while functioning as a regional hospital for southern, eastern and western Styria. (medunigraz.at)
- Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine, Pediatrics and Nurse Practitioner. (vitals.com)
- WASHINGTON -- Washingtonian magazine's annual list of the region's "Top Doctors" recognizes 65 Children's National Hospital physicians from an array of specialties including Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery , Oncology / Hematology , Neurology , Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine , General and Thoracic Surgery and Urology . (childrensnational.org)
- Dr. Murphy is the president and founder of a private practice in the specialties of Pain Medicine (since 1998) and Addiction Medicine (since 2004), and serves on the faculty in the Anesthesiology Department of the University of Louisville School of Medicine. (experts.com)
- Adolescent medicine also known as adolescent and young adult medicine is a medical subspecialty that focuses on care of patients who are in the adolescent period of development. (wikipedia.org)
- The adolescent medicine subspecialty focuses on the care of patients who are in their adolescent stage of development-this period is typically considered the time between when puberty starts and growth stops. (kansascitymag.com)
- Medicine is often categorized most simply as pediatric and adult, with the pediatric category covering from infancy through both childhood and adolescence. (wikipedia.org)
- However, such categorization is further divided in some contexts, such that adolescent medicine can be a more specific focus within pediatrics and geriatrics can be a more specific focus within adult medicine. (wikipedia.org)
- View a calendar of upcoming events within The Potocsnak Family Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine. (luriechildrens.org)
- The Center for Gender, Sexuality & HIV Prevention is the behavioral research arm of the Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine. (luriechildrens.org)
- Want to read the latest news on The Potocsnak Family Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine care, services, community programs, events, and other opportunities? (luriechildrens.org)
- Adolescent medicine doctors help bridge the gap between pediatric care and adult care. (ascension.org)
- This teaching case examines the issue of prevention of adolescent and young adult suicide both at an individual and at a population or community level, using data from the Onondaga County Health Department. (upstate.edu)
- The Center for Adolescent Health & the Law and the National Adolescent and Young Adult Health Information Center (NAHIC) have published a series of issue briefs explaining the implications of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) for adolescents and young adults. (cahl.org)
- This study aims to validate the Body-Esteem Scale for Adolescents and Adult populations (BESAA), a widely used measure of body esteem across cultures, among the Spanish adolescent population. (springer.com)
- This study investigates the continued burden of HPV and other STIs in a population of predominantly Hispanic and African-American inner-city adolescent and young adult women. (elsevier.com)
- Further, adult studies that include adolescents do not specify the number of adolescents or time post menarche, which is critical information to determine the evolution of normal pubertal physiological changes [ 15 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- The team in the Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine provides medical, gynecological, nutritional, and psychological care and counseling. (childrenshospital.org)
- Many adolescents and young adults transitioning to adult clinics will not have much experience in practicing the healthcare behaviors that often develop with maturity. (medscape.com)
- After transitioning to an adult care setting, patients may continue to have contact with their pediatric/adolescent care team providers, which may reinforce a successful transition or may uncover potential pitfalls in maintaining ongoing care at the adult facility. (medscape.com)
- Greydanus has been a pioneer in the field of especially adolescent health, but also in general pediatrics and child health with major contributions to research and teaching material. (novapublishers.com)
- The Fellowship Program includes research training through a NIH T32 Adolescent Health Promotion Research Training Program focused on sexual and reproductive health. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- All trainees will complete course work in grant writing and adolescent sexual and reproductive health. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- The counseling of adolescent girls however remains a critical gap in the community, both in general reproductive health as well as nutrition. (realmedicinefoundation.org)
- Reproductive health morbidities among adolescent girls. (rug.nl)
- His areas of clinical expertise include adolescent medicine, male reproductive health and pediatrics. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- Dr. Marcell's research focuses on adolescent male reproductive health and access to care. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- He has extensive experience training health professionals on topics such as STDs, adolescent health, and male reproductive health. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- Shivani applies both quantitative and qualitative experimental and implementation research to develop and evaluate public health programs, that may ultimately contribute to healthy behaviors among adolescents. (stanford.edu)
- Our experts help adolescents and young adults deal with thoughts and behaviors that contribute to eating disorders. (uclahealth.org)
- High-risk sexual behaviors such as nonuse or incorrect use of barrier methods and multiple partner selection are common in adolescents. (contemporaryobgyn.net)
- 2-5 High-risk sexual behaviors also place adolescents at risk of acquiring syphilis and HIV infection. (contemporaryobgyn.net)
- The CATCH-IT intervention model consists of primary care screening to assess risk, a primary care physician interview to encourage participation, and 14 online modules of Internet training to teach adolescents how to reduce behaviors that increase vulnerability to depressive disorders. (psychiatrist.com)
- Srabstein J, Piazza T. Public health, safety and educational risks associated with bullying behaviors in American adolescents . (cdc.gov)
- b Paediatric neurologist, an associate professor, and the assistant dean of preclerkship education and director of humanities at Dalhousie Medicine New Brunswick in Canada. (ama-assn.org)
- Dr. Arik Marcell is an associate professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- Many adolescent medicine fellowships include rotations in college-based student health clinics and many adolescent medicine physicians work in college health clinics. (wikipedia.org)
- Our Division of Primary, Complex Care and Adolescent Medicine provides compassionate and collaborative primary and complex care for patients from birth to 21 years of age in a comprehensive, family-centered medical home while inspiring excellence in the next generation of physicians. (phoenixchildrens.org)
- Because our physicians train the next generation of doctors at the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, our physicians are at the forefront of the latest health care advances and treatments. (wrightstatephysicians.org)
- Recently graduated physicians and nurses don't usually have enough knowledge and skills that make them able and willing to address the healthcare needs and expectations of the large and increasing cohort of the adolescent population. (esam-eg.org)
- ESAM has conducted and shared in conducting several training workshops on adolescent healthcare for recently graduated physicians and nurses in Egypt and some Arab countries. (esam-eg.org)
- Cooper's Adolescent Medicine physicians offer comprehensive medical and psychosocial care for early teenage years through early adulthood. (cooperhealth.org)
- At UCLA Health Santa Monica Hospital, a team of physicians, psychologists, dietitians, and nurses oversees medical recovery for malnourished adolescents and young adults. (uclahealth.org)
- Primary care physicians and nurses can use Internet-based programs to create a feasible and cost-effective model for the prevention of mental disorders in adolescents in primary care settings. (psychiatrist.com)
- So if a girl needs to see a pediatrician and a gynecologist, instead of going to two different doctors, she can often can see one adolescent medicine specialist. (kidshealth.org)
- Start by asking your pediatrician - or your school nurse or health teacher - for recommendations on adolescent medicine specialists. (kidshealth.org)
- A pediatrician who specializes in adolescent medicine is a multi-disciplinary healthcare specialist trained in the unique physical, psychological and social characteristics of adolescents, their healthcare problems and needs. (npino.com)
Society for Adolescent Medicine3
- Society for Adolescent Medicine. (cahl.org)
- The Egyptian Society for Adolescent Medicine (ESAM) seeks to establish a cadre of trained and qualified healthcare providers in Egypt who are willing and able to foster the whole issue of adolescents' health and wellbeing at the preventive and curative levels. (esam-eg.org)
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine: a position statement of the Society for Adolescent Medicine. (ouhsc.edu)
Fellowship in Adolescent Medicine1
- The mission of the Fellowship in Adolescent Medicine is to develop the next generation of leaders in interdisciplinary approaches to adolescent health promotion and disease prevention with a primary goal of eliminating health disparities and achieving health equity. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- Adolescent medicine specialists usually try to spend some time with their patients alone. (kidshealth.org)
- Some adolescent medicine doctors have schedules that allow them to spend as much time as needed with patients. (kidshealth.org)
- SIU Medicine strongly encourages all patients to verify coverage, benefits and which providers are considered in-network with their individual health plan. (siumed.org)
- She specializes in treating young patients during their formative adolescent years. (md.com)
- As a result, the care of an adolescent medicine specialist like Dr. Shew can help to ensure patients are growing and maturing into healthy young adults. (md.com)
- In order to attain this, we continuously strive to meet and exceed our patients' expectations while maintaining the highest standards of excellence in pediatric medicine. (vinelandpediatrics.com)
- We try to pay special attention to the personal needs, confidentiality and privacy of our adolescent patients. (infinitypam.com)
- At her practice in Bedminster, New Jersey, Allyson Agathis, MD, FAAP, specializes in pediatrics and adolescent medicine for patients from birth to 25 years old. (dragathispediatrics.com)
- The Addiction Medicine Program, a program of Cooper University Health Care's Urban Health Institute, provides compassionate, top-of-the-line medical care and comprehensive addiction treatment services for Cooper patients with substance use disorders and chemical dependency throughout the continuum of inpatient, outpatient, and chronic care settings. (cooperhealth.org)
- At Mass General, the brightest minds in medicine collaborate on behalf of our patients to bridge innovation science with state-of-the-art clinical medicine. (massgeneral.org)
- However, transitioning patients may continue to rely on their pediatric/adolescent care provider for emotional support. (medscape.com)
- It is thus incumbent on child and adolescent psychiatrists to know and ascertain the warning signs among the families of their patients, to recognize and exhaustively pursue opportunities for preventive intervention. (wustl.edu)
- Enhanced Profile" listings mean the doctor has purchased profile upgrades from Castle Connolly in order to offer potential patients more information about their practice and approach to medicine. (castleconnolly.com)
- Through the Department of Adolescent Medicine she sees patients with mood, anxiety, and eating disorders. (texaschildrens.org)
- Identifying adolescent patients at-risk for sexually transmitted infections: Development of a brief sexual health screening survey. (texaschildrens.org)
- Golisano Children's Hospital / Adolescent Medicine / Eating Disorders / For Educators / Coaches / What Can I Do? (rochester.edu)
- She completed a psychology internship in the eating disorders track at Children's Hospital Colorado in Aurora, Colo. and was a postdoctoral fellow in adolescent medicine at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. (akronchildrens.org)
- St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a Full - Time RN to join our Children's/Pediatric Adolescent Medicine team. (simplyhired.com)
- DescriptionThe Division of Adolescent and Transition Medicine at Cincinnati Children's Hospital is seeking an adolescent medicine researcher to join a diverse, talented, multidisciplinary team of individuals who share a passion and commitment to transforming adolescent health outcomes through exceptional clinical programs, high-impact clinical and translational research, innovative educational programs, and effective academic and community partnerships. (asq.org)
- We are seeking individuals who are highly professional and who foster a culture of inclusion.The Division of Adolescent Medicine at Cincinnati Children's was founded in 1960 and has a distinguished history of breakthrough research, outstanding clinical programs, and advocacy. (asq.org)
- NYU School of Medicine and Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center are assessing the potential for longer-latency cardiometabolic and pulmonary effects of early life exposure to the WTC disaster. (cdc.gov)
- Legislation posing constraints to the development of adolescent health care programmes is also summarized. (who.int)
- In addition, issues of medical ethics, particularly related to confidentiality and the right to consent for medical care, are pertinent to the practice of adolescent medicine. (wikipedia.org)
- In addition, many major metropolitan areas have clinics that offer adolescent-specific care. (wikipedia.org)
- The Department of Pediatrics at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and Adolescent Medicine fellowship training program are committed to cultivating and sustaining an environment that fosters the development of diverse physician leaders who are committed to eliminating the nation's health inequities through patient care, education, advocacy, and research. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- Adolescent medicine specialists are doctors and other medical professionals, like nurse practitioners, who work alongside doctors to provide care. (kidshealth.org)
- Seeing an adolescent medicine specialist is a great way to transition from childhood - where your parents controlled your health care - to adulthood, where you manage your own health and well-being. (kidshealth.org)
- The availability of medicines and vaccines is critical to the provision of quality care. (who.int)
- We provide comprehensive primary care and specialized programming created to meet the unique needs of adolescents and young adults. (luriechildrens.org)
- By educating adolescent girls in the community, RMF hopes to combat these numbers by empowering girls to help their families seek the care they need. (realmedicinefoundation.org)
- We are committed to taking care of adolescents and helping lead them toward healthy adulthood. (qolhs.org)
- SIU Medicine is home to more than 300 qualified and compassionate health care providers. (siumed.org)
- As adolescents begin to take responsibility for their own health, education and promotion of preventive health care is very important. (munsonhealthcare.org)
- Teaching preventive health care (about topics such as pregnancy prevention, sexually transmitted diseases, the effects of smoking, the need for immunizations, and substance use) and providing health education regarding specific health care needs to adolescents requires special consideration and effort to ensure understanding and encourage compliance. (munsonhealthcare.org)
- They would demonstrate the requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes for holistic adolescent-friendly care service in a compassionate manner. (esam-eg.org)
- Adolescent medicine is the primary care that addresses issues related to pre-teen and teenage years into young adulthood. (wellrootedpediatrics.com)
- Four Seasons Women's Health provides expert medical care to adolescents with gynecologic needs. (fourseasonswomenshealth.com)
- Our adolescent medicine specialists take great care to examine and treat you in a way that is sensitive to your needs and age. (childrens.com)
- Immunizations have been one of the single greatest advances in preventative medicine and an essential part of well-child care. (eastbaypedi.com)
- This issue of Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice, devoted to Adolescent Medicine, is edited by Drs. William B. Shore, Francesco Leanza, and Nicole Chaisson. (elsevierhealth.com)
- Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected, 400-bed, tertiary care academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Tufts Medicine Healthcare System. (jamanetwork.com)
- Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community health care to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. (jamanetwork.com)
- Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Healthcare, an expansive home care network and a large clinically integrated physician network, Tufts Medicine has more than 15,000 dedicated employees and caregivers. (jamanetwork.com)
- He co-led the drafting of the CMHS Cultural Competence Standards (1999) and the AACAP Practice Parameter for Culturally Competent Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Care (2013), the only cultural competence practice parameters in Medicine. (ufl.edu)
- The international evidence-based PCOS Guideline aimed to promote accurate and timely diagnosis, to optimise consistent care, and to improve health outcomes for adolescents and women with PCOS. (biomedcentral.com)
- We surveyed adolescents presenting for routine medical care to assess whether they had experienced acute psychotic symptoms during or right after marijuana use. (ama-assn.org)
- Both the patient's and the pediatric/adolescent care provider's desire to "check in" at the beginning of the transition process is part of normal and healthy closure and can mitigate the patient's sense of loss. (medscape.com)
- He also has experience examining large datasets on men's health-related topics, including the National Longitudinal Survey of Adolescent Health, the National Ambulatory Medical Care Surveys, the National Survey of Adolescent Males and the National Survey of Family Growth. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- He is currently examining male adolescents' sexual and reproductive needs and barriers to care and through use of technology ways in which to connect youth to community programs and resources and first time fathers early during pregnancy for the benefit of infant, mother, and father health. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- With sites throughout central and southern Illinois, SIU Medicine makes finding care easy and convenient. (siumed.edu)
- We will compare pulmonary and cardiometabolic outcomes to carefully matched (age, race/ethnicity, gender, current borough of residence and socioeconomic status) and unexposed (not resident/attending school south of Houston Street on September 11, 2001) populations from NYU School of Medicine affiliated primary care clinics. (cdc.gov)
- My current focus is developing interactive educational tools to improve the communication skills of providers who care for adolescents. (rochester.edu)
- Access to essential NCD medicines and basic health technologies in all primary health care facilities is essential to ensure that those in need receive treatment and counselling. (who.int)
- If your partner has HIV, encourage your partner to get into care and to take HIV medicine as prescribed. (cdc.gov)
- Eating disorders are the third most common chronic illness among adolescents. (rochester.edu)
- We offer a wide range of services for the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of adolescents with gynecologic disorders including, but not limited to: preventive health and guidance for teens and parents, menstrual problems, sexual health, infections, injuries, pain and pregnancy. (fourseasonswomenshealth.com)
- Our programs address the needs of adolescents and young adults with all types of eating disorders. (uclahealth.org)
- Evaluation and Treatment of Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorders (ARFID) in Adolescents. (massgeneral.org)
- Antiviral drugs are as cerebral palsy, epilepsy will develop complications, for example, a health prescription medicines that fight against flu in your (seizure disorders), stroke, problem like pneumonia, as a result of flu, some of body. (cdc.gov)
- Real Medicine & Nutrition Trust, an affiliate of Real Medicine Foundation (RMF) works closely with the district administration to identify suitable government schools where we could do pilot workshops with the enrolled adolescent girls about puberty, health, hygiene, sanitation, nutrition and their overall wellbeing. (realmedicinefoundation.org)
- Emergency Medicine Journal 21(2):250-251. (cdc.gov)
- Adolescent medicine specialists have extra training in the medical and emotional issues that many teens face. (kidshealth.org)
- Adolescent medicine specialists understand that - and are there to help! (kidshealth.org)
- These specialists have been able to accelerate the efforts being made to provide holistic and comprehensive solutions aiming at promoting adolescents health on all policy, programmatic and implementation levels in their countries and through international organizations. (esam-eg.org)
- Adolescent Medicine clinicians are multi-disciplinary healthcare specialists trained in the unique physical, psychological and social characteristics of adolescents, their healthcare problems and needs. (medicalhomeportal.org)
- Our behavioral research focuses on improving the health and wellness of adolescents and young adults. (luriechildrens.org)
- The Body-Esteem Scale for Adolescents and Adults (BESAA) (Mendelson et al. (springer.com)
- Overweight and obese adolescents are at risk for continued obesity and for heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and osteoarthritis as adults, and greater weight gain in early adulthood is associated with greater risk (4,5). (cdc.gov)
- 16 , 17 Internet-based approaches for treatment of adults with depressed mood and anxiety have demonstrated promise in trials in Europe and Australia, but few interventions have been developed for targeting adolescents. (psychiatrist.com)
- New research funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) found that autoimmunity is increasing faster in males, non-Hispanic whites, adults 50 years and older, and adolescents. (medlineplus.gov)
- All adults and adolescents from ages 13-64 should be tested at least once for HIV and high-risk groups get tested more often. (cdc.gov)
Health of adolescents4
- A sourcebook of diversified laws and policies used by different countries to protect the health of adolescents. (who.int)
- The Health of adolescents : understanding and facilitating biological, behavioral, and social development / William R. Hendee, editor. (who.int)
- Adolescent work is further articulated in the Global Accelerated Action for the Health of Adolescents (AA-HA! (who.int)
- Twambilile Phanga is a researcher and an advocate who is also passionate about projects that promote rights, education and health of adolescents for example the Youth Friendly Health Services (YFHS) project in Malawi under ther University of North Carolina (UNC) Project. (who.int)
- We analyzed data on 940 adolescents who participated in ACTION PAC (Adolescents Committed to Improvement of Nutrition and Physical Activity), an obesity prevention and management intervention trial conducted from 2014 through 2017 in 8 public high schools in the southwestern United States. (cdc.gov)
- Her research interests include adolescent health risk prevention and intervention methods. (texaschildrens.org)
- Address correspondence to: Shannon Michael, Public Health Analyst ([email protected]), Research Application Branch, Division of Adolescent and School Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway NE, MS K-12, Atlanta, GA 30341. (cdc.gov)
- If you see an adolescent medicine doctor, you'll probably spend more time talking than you have with doctors in the past. (kidshealth.org)
- One of the main pillars of satisfying the urgent health needs of adolescents is the availability of motivated, knowledgeable and skilled healthcare providers who can and be able to address and handle the specific health expectations for this unique age group. (esam-eg.org)
- WHO recommends that medical and nursing school curricula in developing countries are able to provide practical information and skills to the undergraduate healthcare providers related to adolescents health and programs. (esam-eg.org)
- This new adolescent medicine program will provide healthcare for 250 youth, ages 13-17, for whom Mercy is their primary medical provider. (mercyhealthclinic.org)
- Our adolescent program goals are to help youth develop healthy habits as they transition into adulthood, increase access to critically-needed behavioral health support and services, and reduce gaps in healthcare access when schools are not in session. (mercyhealthclinic.org)
- A 2021 report by the African Academy of Sciences (AAS), the Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA), and the African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD) presented a framework for the implementation of genomic medicine for public health in Africa. (cdc.gov)
- We assessed hormonal factors and risk of abnormal vaginal pH and bacterial vaginosis (BV) among adolescents attending genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinics. (bmj.com)
- Other outpatient clinics include adolescent faculty clinics and the Teen Working on Wellness adolescent weight management program at TCH medical center location. (bcm.edu)
- At Quinte Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, we are often asked whether teething in infants and toddlers may cause fever, rash, diarrhea or other symptoms that look like[Read more. (quintepediatrics.com)
- The T32 program also provides fellows with access to over 30 T32 Faculty who have content and methodologic expertise in Adolescent Health Research from the Schools of Nursing, Medicine and Public Health. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- The Unit will support missions of the University of Louisville, School of Medicine, and the Department of Pediatrics through the application of pediatric health services research and serving as the faculty resource for project design, implementation, and dissemination. (louisville.edu)
- Dr. Marcell is faculty sponsor for the School of Public Health's certificate in adolescent health and a faculty member and the director of clinical services in the JHU LEAH (Leadership Education in Adolescent Health). (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- Or search for one on the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine online database. (kidshealth.org)
- 2020 Allentown Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine. (allentownpeds.com)
- Published in:Journal of Adolescent Health [Epub December 2017]. (rand.org)
- Pediatric Medicine Administration: How to Get TB Medicine in the Child and Not in You! (cdc.gov)
- Adolescent girls in India are given little information about the changes that are normal to experience physically, emotionally, and socially when transitioning from childhood to adolescence. (realmedicinefoundation.org)
- Although concern about body esteem increases during adolescence, there is a lack of psychometrically validated measures to assess it specifically among Spanish adolescents. (springer.com)
- 2001 ). Adolescence is a risky period in which changes in body shape and body fat occur while adolescents are under sociocultural pressures to achieve the aesthetic ideal (Voelker et al. (springer.com)