Journal Impact Factor
Oil megaprojects (2006)
"Yemen, Energy Information Administration, October 2007".. ... "Calvalley plans to build pipeline in Yemen, Calgary Herald, ... "Sudan, Energy Information Administration (DOE), April 2007". Archived from the original on 2007-11-15. "Sudan's Dar Blend crude ... "Kuwait Oil, Energy Information Administration, viewed December 17, 2007". Archived from the original on January 19, 2010. " ...
Administration and Legal Development in Arabia. Middle East Journal 9. 1955. p. 385. H. J. Liebensy. "Administration and Legal ... island without a clear title to it until it was handed over to the People's Democratic Republic of Yemen (South Yemen) in 1967 ... South Yemen was still however listed in British law as being part of the overseas sterling area, that being a list of scheduled ... "As a temporary expedient, the Aden base has the merits of a stabiliser at a moment when the Yemen is split by civil war, when ...
List of Yemeni detainees at Guantanamo Bay
Yemen recently had a change in administration.[when?] Officials of the new administration said, "Saleh demanded $200 million in ... They should not go back to Yemen,' Hoekstra said. 'If they go back to Yemen, we will very soon find them back on the ... "Yemen to Inspect Condition of 21 Yemeni Detainees at Guantanamo". Yemen Times. 3 February 2002. Archived from the original on ... There are more men from Yemen held at Guantanamo Bay than from any other country. Andrew Mc Gregor (May 10, 2007). "Yemen and ...
"Saudi Arabia launces air attacks in Yemen". The Washington Post. March 25, 2015. "Yemen conflict: US 'could be implicated in ... On October 1, 2009, the Obama administration went ahead with a Bush administration program, increasing nuclear weapons ... the Obama administration shielded Hezbollah from the Drug Enforcement Administration's Project Cassandra investigation ... In 2016, his administration brought an end to the ban on transgender people serving openly in the U.S. armed forces. A Gallup ...
Human Rights Watch said that in Yemen more civilians were killed than admitted by the Obama administration, while Amnesty ... Countries such as the U.S. (in Pakistan and Yemen) and Israel (in the West Bank and Gaza) have used targeted killing to kill ... "US strikes in Yemen, 2002 to present". Google Docs. Archived from the original on 25 August 2017. Retrieved 24 March 2018. ... Under the Obama administration, use of targeted killings expanded, most frequently through use of combat drones operating in ...
Horesh, Theo (30 April 2017). "Is the Trump administration enabling genocide in Yemen? And will Americans ever pay attention ... "Saudi Arabia Threatens Famine, Genocide in Yemen". The Real News. 13 November 2017. Archived from the original on 4 July 2018. ... Kristof, Nicholas (26 September 2018). "Be Outraged by America's Role in Yemen's Misery". The New York Times. Archived from the ... and the famine in Yemen triggered by the U.S.-backed Saudi Arabian-led intervention and blockade. See or edit source data. A ...
Saudi Arabia-United States relations
DeYoung, Karen; Ryan, Missy (26 March 2017). "Trump administration weighs deeper involvement in Yemen war". The Washington Post ... Jilani, Zaid (14 November 2017). "Congress Votes to Say It Hasn't Authorized War in Yemen, Yet War in Yemen Goes On". The ... weapons sales to Saudi related to the war in Yemen due to opposition from the Trump administration. Turkish authorities and U.S ... Instead, the Nixon administration sought to rely on local allies to "police" American interests (see Nixon Doctrine). In the ...
"Trump administration defends close Saudi ties as Senate moves to end US support for Yemen war". CNBC. November 28, 2018. "How ... DeYoung, Karen; Ryan, Missy (March 26, 2017). "Trump administration weighs deeper involvement in Yemen war". The Washington ... and Yemen. He lobbied the Obama administration for a more aggressive response to Iran, including more covert operations and ... Mattis initially declined to offer his opinion of the Trump administration, saying, "If you leave an administration, you owe ...
2020 Aden airport attack
"Biden administration to lift blacklisting of Yemen's Houthis". Al Jazeera English. 12 February 2021. Archived from the original ... Hudson, John; Ryan, Missy (6 February 2021). "Biden administration to remove Yemen's Houthi rebels from terrorism list in ... Lee, Matthew (26 January 2021). "Biden administration suspends some sanctions on Yemen rebels". Associated Press. Retrieved 27 ... In addition, September Net, a website of the armed forces of Yemen, reported that four colonels had died in the attack. Yemen's ...
The Obama administration was astonished by Russia's decision not to retaliate. U.S. intelligence agencies routinely monitor ... "Trump risks deeper entanglement in Yemen's murky war". Reuters. February 7, 2017. "Transcript: Michael Flynn on ISIL". Al- ... He wouldn't shut up." In an interview with Al Jazeera, Flynn criticized the Obama administration for its delay in supporting ... Sean Spicer questioned why the Obama administration, if they believed Flynn to be a national-security risk, had failed to ...
Kheel, Rebbeca (October 10, 2018). "Senators demand answers on Trump administration backing of Saudi coalition in Yemen". The ... Where I differ from this administration, and I took the same position with respect to President Obama, we are a nation that's ... He criticized the Bush administration's conduct of the Iraq War and treatment of U.S. soldiers, saying that "the American ... In it, he criticized the Bush administration's No Child Left Behind Act for "wreaking havoc on local school districts"; ...
Matthew H. Tueller
"U.S. Ambassador to Yemen: Who Is Matthew Tueller?". AllGov. Retrieved 2020-12-20. "U.S. Ambassador to Yemen: Who Is Matthew ... "President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Nominate Individuals to Key Administration Posts". whitehouse.gov. November 7, ... Tueller was the United States Ambassador to Yemen from 2014 to 2019. He has been involved in negotiations between Yemen's ... United States Department of State The U.S. Ambassador To Yemen's Hard-line Approach Is Jamming Up Peace Efforts, The Intercept ...
Timeline of the 2015 North Indian Ocean cyclone season
During the storm's passage, areas in southern Yemen received 610 mm (24 in) of rainfall over 48 hours, or 700% of the average ... National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Retrieved 18 June 2017. "Best Track Data for Tropical Storm ARB 03 (03A)". ... Derek Baldwin (2 November 2015). "Cyclone Chapala to dump 400mm of rainfall in Yemen". Gulf News. Dubai, United Arab Emirates. ... Just days after Chapala produced widespread damage in Yemen and the Puntland region of Somalia, Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm ...
Yemen: a special case of unity and ruling method, Madbouly books, Cairo, Egypt, 2008. Street talks in Yemen: Selected articles ... 2007: PhD in Political science, Diplomatic Academy, Moscow, Russia 1986-1987: Diploma in management administration, Yemeni ... awarded by the president of Yemen for his pioneering work on journalism, Sana'a, Yemen, 2010. First class Gorchkov award, ... He was born in 1958 in Rawhan village, Yemen Republic. 2008 - 00: Member of the Shura Council (second parliament chamber), ...
Robert M. Chesney co-authored with Benjamin Wittes and Matthew Waxman (2011). "Transfers of Guantanamo Detainees to Yemen: ... Policy Continuity between Administrations". A Report for the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Investigations. Robert M. ...
List of British colonial administrators of Aden
For British representation since then, see: List of ambassadors of the United Kingdom to Yemen. Aden Province Colony of Aden ... Federation of South Arabia State of Aden "Records of the British Administration in Aden, 1839-1967". The National Archives. ... Aden merged into independent South Yemen on 30 November 1967. ...
United Arab Emirates-United States relations
In late 2020, it was reported that the Trump administration would sell the UAE an estimated $10 billion of F-35 jets and $2.9 ... "Arms Sales to the UAE could make U.S. responsible for more deaths of civilians in Yemen and Libya". Amnesty International. ... "ARMS SALES TO THE UAE COULD MAKE U.S. RESPONSIBLE FOR MORE DEATHS OF CIVILIANS IN YEMEN AND LIBYA". Amnesty International. ... Since March 2015, UAE, as part of the Saudi-led coalition has carried out several air strikes in Yemen. Amnesty International ...
Emergency medicine reform in Ukraine since 2016
"Work of employees of the Department of Health of the Regional State Administration for 10 months of 2017". Department of Health ... "Survey reveals extent of damage to Yemen's health system". OCHA. November 6, 2016. Archived from the original on January 5, ... of Donetsk Regional State Administration. 6 December 2017. Archived from the original on 15 January 2019. Retrieved January 4, ...
Jennifer Gillian Newstead
"Editorial: The Yemen Crucible". New York Times. December 27, 2017. Retrieved May 24, 2018. "Graphic: Tracking how many key ... "President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Nominate Personnel to Key Administration Posts". whitehouse.gov. September 2, ... In December 2017, during her confirmation she was questioned about her views on the humanitarian crisis in Yemen. Newstead has ... De Luce, Dan (December 19, 2017). "Trump Nominee Concedes Saudi Siege of Yemen Could Be Violating U.S. Law". ForeignPolicy.com ...
Cabinet of Yemen Yemen's human rights minister resigns after protest deaths, CNN.com, 20 March 2011 v t e. ... Economics and Administration College, Baghdad, Iraq. 2- Certificate of Appreciation from the Economics and Administration ... She was Yemen's Minister of Human Rights until 20 March 2011, when she resigned in protest at the government's sniper attacks ... 51- Head of the delegation of Yemen in the activities of "The Fourth Meeting of the Supreme Council of the Arab Women's ...
During his tenure, a 1994 border crisis involving Yemen was defused, a 1994 crisis with Iraq was deterred, he presided over the ... States must lead, but there's much for the Administration to do. - May 28, 1990". money.cnn.com. Retrieved April 26, 2019. ... "Doe Announces More Key Administration Posts". FDCH Regulatory Intelligence Database (n.d.): Regional Business News. Web. ... Inventory of Conflict & Environment, Saudi-Yemen border dispute "Operation Vigilant Warrior". www.globalsecurity.org. Retrieved ...
Sulayman ibn Abd al-Malik
As governor, Sulayman founded the city of Ramla as the seat of his administration, replacing Lydda, the Muslims' original ... ISBN 0-521-52940-9. Crone, Patricia (1994). "Were the Qays and Yemen of the Umayyad Period Political Parties?". Der Islam. 71: ... Bosworth, C. E. (1982). Medieval Arabic Culture and Administration. London: Variorum. ISBN 978-0-86078-113-4. Crone, Patricia ( ... which dually served as the seat of Palestine's administration (diwan). At the center of the new city was a congregational ...
... customs and traditions in Yemen Journalist Mohsen Ayed announced his revolution on the customs and traditions of Yemen and has ... Diploma in Business Administration . Diploma in Applied Software . Diploma in Accounting . Diploma in Marketing and art sales ... He was born in Yemen in 1976 in isolation Tbahah, Ta'izz Governorate. Bachelor of Agriculture - University of Sanaa . Computer ... act angered many clerics and Islamist fanatics in Yemen In February 2012 issued a religious figure against 69 clerics in Yemen ...
1985 Birthday Honours
David Evan Alun Jones, Commissioner for Local Administration in Wales. Francis Henry King, O.B.E., Author; and for services to ... For services to civil engineering in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Yemen. Guy William Pullbrook Hart, First Secretary ( ... Clifford Henry Partridge, Administration Officer, British Trade Commission, Hong Kong. Miss Sheila Mary Price. For nursing ... Peter Standley McLean, O.B.E., Assistant Secretary, Overseas Development Administration. Michael William Atkinson, M.B.E., HM ...
He has looked into of the United States drones attacks in Yemen. Shiban was nominated to the Wikipedia Board of Directors in ... He was the first Yemeni to be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. Baraa studied business administration, and ... "Yemen drone campaigner detained at Gatwick". Channel 4. Retrieved 26 September 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) " ... was involved with several organizations in Yemen from 2006 to 2011. In September 2013 Shiban was detained at Gatwick Airport ...
"King Votes to End U.S. Support for Saudi Engagement in Yemen". king.senate.gov. December 13, 2018. Retrieved September 21, 2020 ... The legislation was meant to correct a Federal Railroad Administration rollback of a proposed rule intended to establish safety ... In 2015, as part of the Obama administration's fiscal year 2016 budget, the United States Department of Veteran Affairs ... Perticone, Joe (February 25, 2019). "A bipartisan group of senators want the Trump administration to deal another blow to ...
Timeline of antisemitism
Only a few communities who lived in the far eastern quarters of Yemen were spared this fate by virtue of their Arab patrons who ... expressing his support for Washington's administration and good wishes for him. Washington sent a letter in response, which ... All Jews living in nearly all cities and towns throughout Yemen were banished by decree of the king, Imām al-Mahdi Ahmad, and ... 1165 Forced mass conversions in Yemen. 1165 New Almohad ruler decrees that all Jews in Fez must convert to Islam or face death ...
Kheel, Rebecca (October 10, 2018). "Senators demand answers on Trump administration backing of Saudi coalition in Yemen". The ... of the Trump administration's certifications that Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates were attempting to protect Yemen ... "U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Calls on Trump Administration to Implement Farm Bill Dairy Improvements for Wisconsin Dairy Farmers ... "Marsha Blackburn, David Perdue, Colleagues Encourage Trump Administration to Avoid Another Continuing Resolution". ...
Yemen Highlights 2017 Archived 2017-02-21 at the Wayback Machine, Deloitte. A proclamation to provide for payment of income tax ... Such taxation provides for great simplicity of administration but can also reduce the taxpayer's awareness of the amount of tax ... Income Tax Act Archived 2013-09-27 at the Wayback Machine, Ministry of Finance, Revenue and Tax Administration of the Turkish ... in French) Instructions to fill in your tax return, Administration of Fiscal Services of Saint Pierre and Miquelon. (in French ...
Kheel, Rebecca (October 10, 2018). "Senators demand answers on Trump administration backing of Saudi coalition in Yemen". The ... In November 2020, Coons was named a candidate for Secretary of State in the Biden Administration. Biden ultimately chose Antony ... "After witnessing crushing poverty and the consequences of the Reagan Administration's 'constructive engagement' with the South ... of the Trump administration's certifications that Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates were attempting to protect Yemeni ...
... agent and legal representative for a unit of employees in all matters of law or right arising from or in the administration of ...
Liquefied natural gas
Information for the following table is derived in part from publication by the U.S. Energy Information Administration.. See ... Yemen LNG. Balhaf. Yemen. 2008. 6.7. Tangguh LNG Project. Papua Barat. Indonesia. 2009. 7.6. ... "US Energy Information administration. December 2003. Archived from the original on 2009-01-03.. ... The Energy Information Administration reports the following emissions in million Tonnes of carbon dioxide: *Natural gas: 5,840 ...
Arya Samaj in Singapore
British Military Administration (1945-1946). *Post-war Singapore (1946-1955). *Self-governance of Singapore (1955-1962) ...
Chief of Staff of the United States Army
... or delegates those duties and responsibilities to other officers in his administration in his name. Like the other service ...
List of political parties in China
Offices Administration Agency. National armed forces: People's Liberation Army Theater commands. People's Armed Police China ...
French Southern and Antarctic Lands
Administration. The French Southern and Antarctic Lands have formed a territoire d'outre-mer (an overseas territory) of ... "French Southern and Antarctic Lands administration. Retrieved 31 May 2016.. *^ "Les îles Éparses". Archived from the original ...
YemenEdit. See also: Culture of Yemen. Khat is legal in Yemen. However, cultivation of the crop and the selling of its ... "Import Alert 66-23" (Press release). Food and Drug Administration. 2011-03-18. Retrieved 26 January 2014.. ... The khat plant is known by a variety of names, such as qat and gat in Yemen, qaat and jaad in Somalia, and chat in Ethiopia. ... The Encyclopedia of Yemen (in Arabic) (2nd ed.). Alafif Cultural Foundation. 2003. pp. 2309-2314.. [full citation needed] ...
Gbagbo administration. A presidential election was held in October 2000 in which Laurent Gbagbo vied with Guéï, but it ... "Ivory Coast - Colonial Administration". Library of Congress Country Studies. Library of Congress. November 1988. Archived from ... Houphouët-Boigny administration. Houphouët-Boigny's one-party rule was not amenable to political competition. Laurent ... Bédié administration. In October 1995, Bédié overwhelmingly won re-election against a fragmented and disorganised ...
The plant contains aristolochic acid, a carcinogenic compound. The United States Food and Drug Administration warns that ... Yemen Republic, the United Kingdom, and Netherlands". ...
Jewish insurgency in Mandatory Palestine
Britain governed or protected Oman, Sudan, Kuwait, the Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Yemen, had treaties of alliance with Iraq ( ... The Palestine administration had increasingly threatened the application of martial law to Jewish areas as a response to ... The partition resolution (181) intended administration of Palestine to be in the hands of five UN representatives and assumed ... devastating the mandatory administration, while IED attacks on British vehicles began to limit the British Army's freedom of ...
The percentage of union election campaigns accompanied by illegal firings increased during the Reagan administration ...
Round city of Baghdad
... of Yemen, also of Persian origin. The Persians of Baghdad were gradually acculturated by the early 9th century. ... as well as some of the administration offices, were apparently completed by 763, allowing al-Mansur to move his residence into ...
Green Party of England and Wales
"The Green Party Public Administration Policies". Green Party of England and Wales. Archived from the original on 2 May 2018. ... "Green Party condemns UK government support for massacres in Yemen Archived 23 November 2019 at the Wayback Machine". GreenParty ... Devolved Administration in Wales. Institutions and Venues. *Senedd Cymru - Welsh Parliament (Senedd ... and British involvement in Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen. ...
Yemen. Yemen Air Force. Civil operators. As of July 2016, 115 An-24s were in airline service. ... Civil Aviation Administration of China. *China Southern Airlines. Congo. *Lina Congo. Cuba. *Aero Caribbean ...
"Phase I of Yemen and Djibouti Causeway delayed". Steelguru.com. 22 June 2010. Archived from the original on 5 April 2016. ... From 1862 until 1894, the land to the north of the Gulf of Tadjoura was called "Obock". Under French administration, from 1883 ... Léonce Lagarde established a permanent French administration in the city of Djibouti and named the region French Somaliland. It ...
Dhu Nuwas, ruler of what is today Yemen, converted in 525 and his subsequent persecution of Christians led to the invasion and ... Commerce revived and the emperors oversaw the extension of a uniform administration to all the provinces. The military was ... More bureaucrats were needed in the central administration to deal with the needs of the army, which led to complaints from ... bringing more territories within the kingdom under the king's personal rule and centralising the royal administration. ...
In 2003 Wyden joined with Senators Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Trent Lott (R-MS) to help pass the Bush Administration's Medicare ... Inside the U.S. Dirty War in Yemen with Jeremy Scahill, Nasser al-Awlaki, Sheikh Fareed Archived November 4, 2016, at the ... During the global financial crisis of 2007-2010, Wyden voted against the financial bailouts backed by the Bush administration.[ ... In June 1996, Wyden offered an amendment to the mission of the Federal Aviation Administration, the idea being endorsed by ...
Index of education articles
Abstract management - Academia - Academic administration - Academic Assembly - Academic conference - Academic degree - Academic ...
Islam in Albania
... administration and population in Ottoman ruled Epirus (1820-1913)]. Athens: EIE-ΚΝΕ. ISBN 978-960-7916-11-2. .. CS1 maint: ref= ... in Tirana that was likely to be much more sympathetic to Greece and its regional priorities than the Berisha administration." p ...
National service in Singapore
In terms of administration and duration, the FFC is under the charge of the FFTC and lasts three months, while the ERSC is ...
Within the highest ranks of the imperial administration, however, there were men who were ideologically opposed to the ...
Taiwan Relations Act
The Carter Administration signed the Taiwan Relations Act to maintain commercial, cultural, and other relations through the ... administrations have sold arms to Taiwan in compliance with the Taiwan Relations Act despite demands from the PRC that the U.S ...
Discrimination against Catholics and Protestant nonconformists, attempts by the British administration to suppress Irish ... North Yemen Civil War. *Zanzibar Revolution. *1969 Libyan coup d'état. *Cambodian coup of 1970 ...
World Trade Organization
The WTO shall facilitate the implementation, administration and operation and further the objectives of this Agreement and of ... It oversees the implementation, administration and operation of the covered agreements. ... Finance and Administration. There are working parties on the following: Accession. There are working groups on the following: ... the Multilateral Trade Agreements, and shall also provide the framework for the implementation, administration and operation of ...
Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
Trump administration communication during the COVID-19 pandemic. *U.S. state and local government responses to the COVID-19 ...
"U.S Energy Information Administration website. U.S Energy Information Administration. 12 August 2016. Archived from the ... In 2011, six countries were still using leaded gasoline: Afghanistan, Myanmar, North Korea, Algeria, Iraq and Yemen. It was ... "Energy Information Administration". www.eia.gov. Archived from the original on 15 December 2015.. ... "U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). Archived from the original on 27 October 2013.. This article incorporates text ...
Visa requirements for crew members
Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen do not allow entry to people with ... They also have to undergo screening by the Transportation Security Administration.. *^ "How to enter Afghanistan. The Entry ... "Travel Advice for Yemen - Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade". Smartraveller.gov.au. Archived from the original ...
"The horrors of Yemen's spiralling cholera crisis". BBC.. *^ Dwyer C. "Yemen Now Faces 'The Worst Cholera Outbreak In The World ... The vaccine that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends, Vaxchora, is an oral attenuated live vaccine, that is ... an outbreak of cholera began in war-ravaged Yemen. WHO called it "the worst cholera outbreak in the world". ...
Mexico-United States relations
Trump administration. Main article: 2017 Mexico-United States diplomatic crisis. Following the 2016 U.S. presidential ... US Drug Enforcement Administration agent Enrique Camarena, nicknamed "Kiki", was kidnapped in Mexico, tortured and then ... and no further wall construction has started beyond what was already planned during the Obama administration. ...
COVID-19 vaccine - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Food and Drug Administration gave Moderna permission to test the vaccine again in more people. Moderna's ...
Another Bad Idea on Yemen from the Trump Administration | The American Conservative
The Trump administrations Yemen policy is already indefensible, and they may be about to make it even worse:. The Trump ... If the administration were genuinely interested in helping peace negotiations in Yemen, they would be spending much more time ... 14 Responses to Another Bad Idea on Yemen from the Trump Administration. * EliteCommInc.. says: ... Another Bad Idea on Yemen from the Trump Administration. By Daniel Larison • November 8, 2018, 7:05 PM ...
US fires missiles into Yemen - CNN Video
The US launched missiles into Yemen at suspected Houthi rebel sites in retaliation after an American warship in the Red Sea was ... US fires missiles into Yemen. The US launched missiles into Yemen at suspected Houthi rebel sites in retaliation after an ... US fires missiles into Yemen. Newsroom. The US launched missiles into Yemen at suspected Houthi rebel sites in retaliation ...
Trump vetoes measure to end US involvement in Yemen war | WGN-TV
... military assistance in Saudi Arabias war in Yemen. In a break with the president, Congress voted for the first time earlier ... Trump administration blocks urgent whistleblower disclosure. * News. Dems aim for speedy impeachment push as Trump threatens ... The U.S. provides billions of dollars of arms to the Saudi-led coalition fighting against Iran-backed rebels in Yemen. Members ... Trump vetoes measure to end US involvement in Yemen war. Posted 7:13 PM, April 16, 2019, by Associated Press ...
Yemen Politics, Relations & Current Affairs - Foreign Policy
Yemen. Congress Pressures Trump Administration to Restore Aid to Yemen. Lawmakers warn the administrations aid cuts will ... Pompeo to Pressure U.N. Over Aid to Yemen. The Trump administration is upset that too much of it is falling into the hands of ... Yemen: The Perfect Target for COVID-19 A new report says the Middle Easts poorest country is uniquely vulnerable, as it ... Can a Young Saudi Prince End the War in Yemen?. Khalid bin Salman is working full time to extricate Saudi Arabia from the ...
U.S. Weighs Expanding Military Role in Yemen War - WSJ
... support to seize Yemens main port for humanitarian aid. ... The Trump administration is weighing an appeal from the United ... WASHINGTON-The Trump administration is weighing an appeal from the United Arab Emirates for direct U.S. support to seize ... U.S. Weighs Expanding Military Role in Yemen War United Arab Emirates seeks direct U.S. help to capture Red Sea port from Iran- ... Yemens main port for humanitarian aid from Iranian-backed Houthi fighters, according to U.S. officials, a move they worry ...
Yemen aid workers say U.S. blacklisting of Houthis could cost lives
President Donald Trumps administration has been threatening to blacklist the group, sources have told Reuters, as part of its ... Washington sees the group, which controls northern Yemen and its most populated areas, as an extension of Iranian influence in ... designation of Yemens Houthi group as a foreign terrorist organisation would prevent life-saving aid to the conflict-riven ... Yemen aid workers say U.S. blacklisting of Houthis could cost lives. Read full article. ...
Yemen Oil and Gas Corporation - Wikipedia
Yemen Oil and Gas Corporation. Retrieved 27 March 2015. "Yemen - Analysis". US Energy Information Administration (EIA). ... Production Operations Company Yemen Investments Company for Oil and Minerals (YICOM) Yemen Refining Company (YRC) Energy portal ... The Yemen Oil and Gas Corporation (YOGC), a government-owned corporation under the direction of the Ministry of Oil and ... YOGC has the following subsidiaries: Petroleum Products Distribution Company Yemen Gas Company (YGC) Aden Refinery Company (ARC ...
Despite Biden's push, a difficult road to peace in Yemen
Its also too early, he said - too early to say whether President Joe Bidens move will bring peace to Yemen. Bidens halt to ... support for the Saudi-led coalition was a dramatic break with the air campaign against Yemens Iranian-backed Houthi rebels, ... The Obama administration greenlighted the Saudi-led coalitions intervention in Yemen. For years, the U.S. provided the ... The Biden administration recently said it was stopping offensive support to Saudi Arabia in Yemen. However, Gen. Kenneth ...
Yemen - Wikipedia
Its executive administration resides in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. In ancient times, Yemen was the home of the Sabaeans, a trading ... The famine in Yemen is the direct result of the Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen and blockade of Yemen. The famine is ... The Yemen Arab Republic and The Peoples Democratic Republic of Yemen joined to form the Republic of Yemen on 22 May 1990.[ ... List of Yemen-related topics Outline of Yemen Index of Yemen-related articles "New Yemeni government starts its work from Aden ...
Prior Capacity of Patients Lacking Decision Making Ability Early in Hospitalization: Implications for Advance Directive...
Diphtheria takes a deadly stranglehold on war-torn Yemen | PBS NewsHour
The airborne disease kills 1 of every 10 patients even with medical treatment--and most victims in Yemen receive too little, ... Yemen is already suffering from a devastating civil war and widespread hunger. Now, circumstances caused by the conflict have ... Trump administration to review Pentagons multibillion-dollar computer contract By Associated Press ... Cease-fire in Yemen takes effect, but peace could prove elusive By Ahmed Al-Haj, Samy Magdy, Associated Press ...
Blog: Yemen Press Reader 489: ǀ Jemenkrieg-Mosaik 489 - Yemen War Mosaic 489 - der Freitag
The Trump Administrations Two-Faced Yemen Policy. U.S. officials switch back and forth between insisting that U.S. support for ... Iran sought to send a high-level official to Yemen peace talks but was rebuffed by the Donald Trump administration, Al-Monitor ... If U.S. support for the war on Yemen is as limited as administration officials sometimes claim, they should have no problem ... Support for the war on Yemen is indefensible, so it is not a surprise that administration officials have to tell obvious lies ...
Yemen Other Petroleum Products Consumption by Year (Thousand Barrels per Day)
Dynamically Conditioned Modeling to Address Development Challenges in a Highly Complex Fractured Basement Reservoir, Yemen -...
Fracture, Yemen, Basement, Modeling. Downloads. 2 in the last 30 days. 84 since 2007. Show more detail. View rights & ... The Interior Rifts of Yemen - Analysis of Basin Structure and Stratigraphy in a Regional Plate Tectonic Context. Basin Research ... Reservoir Characteristics of the Kuhlan Sandstones from Habban Oilfield in the Sabatayn Basin, Yemen and their Relevance to ... Recovery Mechanisms and Oil Recovery From a Tight, Fractured Basement Reservoir, Yemen. Presented at the SPE Annual Technical ...
Is the Obama administration prepping another arms sale to Taiwan? - Foreign Policy
How to End the War in Yemen. October 15, 2019, 12:52 PM. ... Is the Obama administration prepping another arms sale to ... The Cable: Is the Obama administration prepping another arms sale to Taiwan? Is the Obama administration prepping anot... ... Tags: China, Diplomacy, East Asia, Military, Obama Administration, State Department, U.S. Congress, U.S. Foreign Policy ... And today, the Washington Times Bill Gertz reported that the Obama administration has reached a decision to extend a news arms ...
Blog: Yemen Press Reader 487: ǀ Jemenkrieg-Mosaik 487 - Yemen War Mosaic 487 - der Freitag
Senate Rebukes Trump But Yemen War Not Over Yet. For all of the Trump administrations rhetoric about the need to end the war, ... Journalist and Director of Yemen based media group Yemen Alaan says that unless Saudis respect Yemen as an independent state, ... Yemens children are paying the price in the countrys civil war. I have been working in Yemen for more than a year and have ... UN-led Yemen peace talks to start in Sweden this week. Yemen envoy Martin Griffiths aims to get both sides to agree to UN-led ...
More than 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
Saturdays strike follows months of relative calm in the war between the Iran-backed Huthis and Yemens internationally ... More than 100 people were killed and dozens wounded in a missile and drone attack blamed on Huthi rebels in central Yemen, ... Obama administration greatly expanded the use of drone strikes before later imposing checks ... Members of Yemens Iran-backed Huthi rebels parade in the streets of the capital Sanaa on January 8. Members of Yemens Iran- ...
Save the Children Australia - Yemen: A neglected crisis
Yemen Conflict and Save the Children - Save the Children Australia
Find out more about the Yemen conflict and Save the Childrens aid programs. Support displaced children and families by ... The Yemen conflict is now recognised as the worst humanitarian crisis in the world. For the last four years, the Yemen conflict ... Yemen conflict and Save the Children. Find out more about the Yemen conflict and Save the Childrens aid programs. Support ... How to Help Children in Yemen. To help children in Yemen, make a once off or monthly donation to Save the Children where your ...
We urgently need Emergency Doctors for Iraq and Yemen | Médecins Sans Frontières Australia | Doctors Without Borders
Recalls Reveal Problems With FDA's Medical Device Approval Process - ABC News
... most medical devices recalled for life-threatening or very serious hazards were cleared by the Food and Drug Administration ... Senate vote has little impact on US military mission in Yemen Trump administration mulls restrictions on fetal tissue in ... Senate advances measure to end US military support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen ... most medical devices recalled for life-threatening or very serious hazards were cleared by the Food and Drug Administration ...
Dogs Detect Cancer? Experts Say Compounds in Breath Can Signal Breast Cancer - ABC News
Blog: Iranian ship convoy moving toward Yemen
Administration officials say it is important to support Saudi Arabia. Earlier this week, a senior State Department official ... Iranian ship convoy moving toward Yemen. By Rick Moran. A convoy of 7 to 9 Iranian ships is moving toward Yemen and the ... It is not clear what will happen as the convoy comes closer to Yemen. Saudi Arabia has deployed ships around Yemen to enforce ... It is not clear what will happen as the convoy comes closer to Yemen. Saudi Arabia has deployed ships around Yemen to enforce ...
UN pours polio vaccine into Yemen amid outbreak ( As Yemen geared up for an end-of-month ...)
Yemen reported 41 confirmed cases today up from 22 late last month U... Experience shows that sporadic polio outbreaks in ... As Yemen geared up for an end-of-month nationwide campaign to immunize...In addition 10 experts from the World Health ... previously polio-fr...The Global Polio Eradication Initiative formed by WHO UNICEF Rotary...,UN,pours,polio,vaccine,into,Yemen, ... compared to standard bone marrow stem cell administration. ... reduction of therapeutic effect. ... ...
Iran is responsible for Yemen's humanitarian crisis, says Pompeo | PBS NewsHour
These are the challenges in Yemen. These are the challenges that this administration is determined to push back against. ... And we certainly hear their voice with respect to Yemen.. But just tonight, Judy, I was with four ministers from the Emirates, ... If you want to know whos causing the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, you need look no further than the Islamic Republic of Iran. ... He then attended a meeting on the war in Yemen that included officials from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, which ...
List of drone strikes in Yemen - Wikipedia
Early in 2002 the Bush administration approved sending about 100 Special Operations Forces to Yemen. ... "Drone Strike In Yemen". New York Times. October 6, 2011.. *^ Associated Press, "Yemen Says Local Al-Qaida Chief, 6 Others ... According to the Yemen Post "At least 35 US drone attacks were reported in Yemen over the last two month." ... "US Drones Kill 15 in Yemens Abyan Province- Yemen Post English Newspaper Online". August 2, 2011. Archived from the original ...
Middle East : NPR
Yemen Urged To Seek Peace With Rebels In The North. January 28, 2010 There are signs that one of Yemens many crises, a battle ... Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is making a new effort to revive peace talks, and the Obama administrations Mideast envoy ... Yemen Rewarded For Tougher Stance On Al-Qaida. January 25, 2010 In a sharp change of direction, the government in Yemen is ... In Saudis, U.S. Has Ally Against Al-Qaida In Yemen. January 6, 2010 With al-Qaida gaining a foothold in Yemen, the country is ...
Saudis Start to Unleash Oil Wave Despite U.S. Pressure
Parents Hit Jackpot Over 'Wrongful Birth' | The American Conservative
Obama2018HouthisRebelsSaudisSanaa2017AirstrikesTrump AdministrationAbdullah SalehFamineCrisisConflictCivilian CasualtiesOfficialsIranDefense Secretary Jim MattisHadiYemen'sSyriaUNICEFSpecial envoyAlready the poorest countryArabia'sBlockadeCiviliansRepublic of YeRiyadhPoorest countryDonald Trump'sDronesSana'aTrump'sAden2002IraqCeasefireDrone strikes2019MissileYemenisAdministration'sCounterterrorismPeopleOffensiveCrimesAlliesIranianBushPolitical turmoilCountryPakistanUnited NationsSalmanInterventionHumanitarian situationWidespread
- Is the Obama administration prepping another arms sale to Taiwan? (foreignpolicy.com)
- Is the Obama administration prepping anot. (foreignpolicy.com)
- And today, the Washington Times' Bill Gertz reported that the Obama administration has reached a decision to extend a news arms package to Taiwan, 'but is keeping details secret until after next week's visit by Chinese President Hu Jintao . (foreignpolicy.com)
- He also remarked that the Obama administration is smart enough not to act on the sale on the eve of the Hu visit, and doubted that it was ever planning to do so. (foreignpolicy.com)
- Whereas the Obama administration opposed a Saudi-led coalition offensive to regain control over the main port of Hodeidah and the rest of the Red Sea coast, saying it would worsen the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, the Trump administration has clearly given the green light to the Saudis to launch that offensive. (sott.net)
- For months, a California congressman has been trying to get Obama administration officials to reconsider U.S. backing for the Saudi-led war in Yemen. (peaceandjustice.org)
- Kerry's trip comes amid growing pressure on the Obama administration to cut back its support to Saudi Arabia. (rt.com)
- The recent Obama administration decision to resume arms exports to the military government of Abdel Fattah al-Sisi in Egypt could be considered its coup de grâce. (mondediplo.com)
- Saturday's Navy SEAL raid in Yemen - which resulted in the death of an 8-year-old American girl and a U.S. naval officer - had previously been rejected by former President Barack Obama, The Guardian reports . (typepad.com)
- Colonel John] Thomas said he did not know why the prior administration did not authorize the operation, but said the Obama administration had effectively exercised a 'pocket veto' over it. (typepad.com)
- Both defense and Obama administration officials said the operation was never vetoed by Obama and that 'operational reasons' were why it was pushed back after January 20 and why Obama left the task of authorizing the raid to his successor. (typepad.com)
- Over the last three years, the Obama administration has carried out at least 239 covert drone strikes, more than five times the 44 approved under George W. Bush. (reuters.com)
- In a series of recent interviews, current and former administration officials outlined what could be called an "Obama doctrine" on the use of force. (reuters.com)
- But Obama has granted the CIA far too much leeway in carrying out drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen. (reuters.com)
- Obama and other administration officials insist the drones are used rarely and kill few civilians. (reuters.com)
- The use of drones in Yemen might appear a simple, quick-fix option for President Obama. (commondreams.org)
- This August, Yemen's National Dialogue Conference - which President Obama has praised - decided by a 90 percent majority that the use of drones in Yemen should be criminalised. (commondreams.org)
- SANAA, Yemen - An American photojournalist and a South African teacher held by al-Qaida militants in Yemen were killed Saturday during a U.S.-led rescue attempt, a raid President Barack Obama said he ordered over an "imminent danger" to the reporter. (pressherald.com)
- A senior Obama administration official told The Associated Press that militants tried to kill Somers just before the raid, wounding him. (pressherald.com)
- The Saudi-led Yemen offensive began during the Obama administration, which provided the coalition with arms and logistics support. (yahoo.com)
- Barack Obama could have stopped the war at its start in 2015 by cutting off military, diplomatic, and intelligence support for the Saudi-led coalition that imposed a blockade on Yemen and began deadly air strikes on civilian targets. (brookings.edu)
- It would be useful to know more about the debate inside the Obama administration during the start of the war. (brookings.edu)
- WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Obama administration on Tuesday suspended the transfer of detainees from the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay to Yemen as a result of the deteriorating security situation there. (reuters.com)
- President Barack Obama bowed to political pressure from Democratic and Republican lawmakers not to send any more prisoners to Yemen as a result of revelations that a would-be bomber on a Detroit-bound plane had received al Qaeda training in Yemen. (reuters.com)
- Given the unsettled situation, I've spoken to the attorney general (Eric Holder) and we've agreed that we will not be transferring additional detainees back to Yemen at this time," Obama said. (reuters.com)
- Several of the roughly 91 Yemeni detainees at Guantanamo Bay had been cleared to be sent home, as the Obama administration struggles to close the prison. (reuters.com)
- During the Obama administration alone, the United States offered to sell Saudi Arabia $115 billion in weaponry, including billions of dollars' worth of bombs and aircraft that are the backbone of that nation's bombing campaign in Yemen. (cnn.com)
- As all of this attracts more attention to what the Saudis are doing, it will inevitably draw attention to the US military involvement in the war, something that's been ongoing from the start, but not something the Obama Administration has been eager to talk about. (irishantiwar.org)
- After withstanding a flurry of attacks involving Yemeni forces and U.S. cruise missiles earlier this year, AQAP's leaders 'went to ground,' a senior Obama administration official said. (washingtonpost.com)
- The deployment also represents an attempt by the Obama administration to reinvigorate a campaign that has gone without a visible U.S. strike for nearly six months. (washingtonpost.com)
- Where we are right now with our capabilities, with our platforms, and with our authorities and permissions,' the U.S.-Yemeni pursuit of al-Qaeda 'might look very different in 12 months or 18 months,' the senior Obama administration official said. (washingtonpost.com)
- Well, I'm glad to see the Obama administration has been paying attention to Yemen. (foxnews.com)
- And, Senator DeMint, you heard Congressman Hoekstra just say that the Obama administration had downplayed the war on terror, had not done as good a job as it should have in connecting the dots. (foxnews.com)
- Sources tell CNN the communications occurred in December, just as the Obama administration was announcing retaliatory sanctions against Russia for interfering with U.S. elections. (cnn.com)
- The Obama administration bragged that it had sold $115 billion dollars worth of weapons during its eight years. (codepink.org)
- While President Obama approved Saudi weapons sales and provided logistical support to the Saudi intervention in Yemen, he began to have second thoughts when reports showed that the targets included schools, hospitals, marketplaces and other civilian sites. (codepink.org)
- After the bombing of a funeral that left over 175 Yemenis dead, the Obama administration halted a pending weapons sale. (codepink.org)
- The Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen said early Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018, it had "requested cessation of inflight refueling" by the U.S. for its fighter jets after American officials said they would stop the operations amid growing anger over civilian casualties from the kingdom's airstrikes. (kold.com)
-  "US bomb pieces found at Yemen bus strike site as Pentagon says 'we may never know' who supplied it," Russia Today , August 13, 2018. (veteranstoday.com)
- The Trump administration is considering designating Yemen's Houthi rebels a terrorist organization, people familiar with the discussions said, as part of a campaign to end that country's civil war and put pressure on the Houthis' ally Iran. (theamericanconservative.com)
- The Houthis - also called Ansar Allah - are the de facto authority in northern Yemen and humanitarian organisations have to get their permits to carry out aid programmes, as well as work with ministries and local financial systems. (yahoo.com)
- Yet even with that refueling support, Saudi Arabia has faced widespread international criticism over its campaign of airstrikes in the coalition's war in Yemen, targeting Shiite rebels known as Houthis who hold the capital, Sanaa. (kold.com)
- News of the halt to U.S. refueling operations was swiftly dismissed by the Houthis as a media ploy that came in response to international pressure on Washington and Riyadh over the Yemen war. (kold.com)
- The Houthis, a movement of religious minority Shia Muslims that has the support of many Yemenis , were not involved, nor were there any representatives from the exiled Yemen government. (rt.com)
- Senator Tim Kaine reminded Henzel that the Iran had not been involved in Yemen until the Saudis began attacking the Houthis. (globalresearch.ca)
- Houthis had been challenging the central government of Yemen for decades because they as a minority had been left out. (globalresearch.ca)
- The Saudi-led coalition launched a military intervention in Yemen in 2015 with the goal of rolling back the Houthis and restoring the internationally-recognised government to power. (sunnewsonline.com)
- Three years ago, Saudi Arabia thought a bombing campaign would quickly crush its enemies, the Houthis, in Yemen. (nytimes.com)
- Tehran has a long track record of meddling in this region - usually through proxies such as the Houthis in Yemen and Hizbollah in Lebanon - with the sole intent of extending its realm of influence well beyond its own borders. (mepc.org)
- He led an effort to designate the Houthis as a foreign terrorist organization in the last week of the administration. (brookings.edu)
- And contrary to claims by the Trump administration and the Saudi government, the Houthis are a fiercely independent indigenous movement with longstanding political and economic grievances. (cnn.com)
- As Thomas Juneau, an expert on the region who has authored a book on Iranian foreign policy, has noted , the Houthis have their own power base and their own interests in Yemen, and are not a pure proxy for Iran. (cnn.com)
- In addition to sparking a humanitarian crisis of the highest order, the Saudi-led, US-backed war on the Houthis and their allies has opened space for Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) to expand its operations in Yemen. (cnn.com)
- But the Houthis, who control northern Yemen and its biggest populated areas, may be less willing to cooperate with Saudi Arabia if President Donald Trump carries out threats to designate them as a foreign terrorist organisation (FTO) before leaving office, the sources said. (yahoo.com)
- Riyadh has demanded more security assurances from the Houthis, including a buffer zone along the borders with northern Yemen until a U.N.-backed transitional government is formed, the sources said. (yahoo.com)
- Trump's administration, to support the Saudis, has exerted pressure on the Houthis by threatening to designate the group as a terrorist organisation, said two of the three sources, who declined to be named because they were not authorised to speak to the media. (yahoo.com)
- In fact, the Saudis last month asked the Trump Administration to help facilitate talks with the Houthis in hopes that the war, which has cost Saudi Arabia tens of billions of dollars, could finally end without Saudi crown prince Mohammad bin Salman losing too much face. (newsmax.com)
- The Saudis intervened in Yemen in March 2015 to try to stop the Iran-friendly Houthis from coming to power. (codepink.org)
- The U.S. provides billions of dollars of arms to the Saudi-led coalition fighting against Iran-backed rebels in Yemen. (wgntv.com)
- The Trump administration is upset that too much of it is falling into the hands of Houthi rebels. (foreignpolicy.com)
- FILE - In this Sept. 22, 2014 file photo, Hawthi Shiite rebels chant slogans at the compound of the army's First Armored Division, after they took it over, in Sanaa, Yemen. (yahoo.com)
- Dubai (AFP) - More than 100 people were killed and dozens wounded in a missile and drone attack blamed on Huthi rebels in central Yemen, officials said Sunday. (yahoo.com)
- A convoy of 7 to 9 Iranian ships is moving toward Yemen and the Pentagon is worried that it may be an attempt to resupply the Houthi rebels. (americanthinker.com)
- He then attended a meeting on the war in Yemen that included officials from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, which are leading a coalition fighting Iran-aligned rebels in that country. (pbs.org)
- With the Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen , the Saudi led coalition also attacked Houthi rebels using drone warfare. (wikipedia.org)
- In Yemen, analysts say the new focus on al-Qaida argues strongly for the government to seek peace with the northern rebels, even though all previous truces have broken down. (npr.org)
- January 28, 2010 Saudi Arabia is declaring victory in its three month war against tribal rebels in neighboring Yemen. (npr.org)
- The Saudi-led coalition and Hadi government forces are fighting the Houthi rebels, a militant group based out of northern Yemen that practices an offshoot of Shia Islam called Zaydism, putting them at odds with Yemen's south, which is largely Sunni. (justsecurity.org)
- The matter has gotten ever more urgent since August 7, when the Saudi-led coalition relaunched an aggressive campaign of attacks after Houthi rebels in Yemen rejected a one-sided peace deal . (peaceandjustice.org)
- The bill would end US refueling and targeting assistance for Saudi Arabia's bombing , aimed at Houthi rebels in Yemen, unless such actions are authorized by Congress. (cnn.com)
- Further escalation of the war in Yemen, particularly an offensive to seize Hodeidah from the Houthi rebels, will mean even more death and hunger for the Yemeni people. (codepink.org)
- Is the Trump Administration Helping the Saudis Build a Bomb? (theamericanconservative.com)
- The United States has enabled the Saudis to pursue that strategy by refueling the Saudi-led coalition planes bombing Yemen and selling the bombs. (sott.net)
- Many in Congress have been hesitant to criticize the Saudis' operational conduct in Yemen," Lieu said. (peaceandjustice.org)
- Instead, he should put a halt to weapons sales and press the Saudis to sit down with Iran and other regional players to find a political solution to the devastating regional conflicts, starting with Yemen. (codepink.org)
- FILE - In this Oct. 8, 2016 file photo, people inspect the aftermath of a Saudi-led coalition airstrike in Sanaa, Yemen. (yahoo.com)
- FILE - In this photo provided by Yemen's Presidency Office on Sept. 25, 2014, Yemeni President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi delivers a speech in his office at Presidential Palace on the occasion of the 52nd anniversary of North Yemen's the September 26, 1962 revolution in Sanaa, Yemen. (yahoo.com)
- FILE - In this Sept. 9, 2015 file photo, smoke rises after an airstrike by the Saudi-led coalition on an army base in Sanaa, Yemen. (yahoo.com)
- FILE - In this Dec. 4, 2017 file photo, a Houthi Shiite fighter rides on a tank while guarding a street leading to the residence of former Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh, in Sanaa, Yemen. (yahoo.com)
- FILE - In this Sept. 22, 2016, file photo, a man stands among the rubble of the Alsonidar Group's water pump and pipe factory after it was hit by Saudi-led airstrikes in Sanaa, Yemen. (kold.com)
- Tensions in Yemen escalated after Shia President Ali Abdullah Saleh was deposed in 2012 and his Houthi supporters - reportedly aided by Iran - eventually seized the capital city of Sanaa in 2014. (rt.com)
- Houthi forces then advanced from Sanaa towards the south, seizing large parts of Yemen and sending current Sunni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi into exile. (rt.com)
- With the war raging in Yemen, the US Embassy in Sanaa is closed and the US Ambassador to Yemen will be located conveniently in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, in the same building as the US Embassy in Saudi Arabia. (globalresearch.ca)
- Sanaa) - Yemen 's government should create a commission of inquiry into serious human rights violations by the previous government and prosecute those responsible, Human Rights Watch said today in its World Report 2014 . (hrw.org)
- Luke Somers, 33, an American photojournalist who was kidnapped over a year ago by al-Qaida, poses for a picture during a parade marking the second anniversary of the revolution in Sanaa, Yemen in February, 2013. (pressherald.com)
- Launched in 2017, the Yemen Emergency Health and Nutrition Project aims to contribute to the provision of basic health, essential nutrition, and water and sanitation services across Yemen in all 333 districts and 22 governorates. (who.int)
- Above: Yemen President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi at UN headquarters on September 21, 2017. (justsecurity.org)
- On February 7, 2017, however, Yemen withdrew its consent for U.S. anti-terror ground missions after children were caught in the crossfire of a firefight between the Navy's Seal Team 6 and suspected terrorists. (justsecurity.org)
- Jamie McGoldrick, the United Nations humanitarian coordinator for Yemen, said Thursday that the $2.1 billion humanitarian response plan for 2017 was only 29-percent funded. (nytimes.com)
- A young boy runs with his tyre past buildings damaged by airstrikes in Sa'ada Old Town, Yemen. (commondreams.org)
- DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) - The Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen said early Saturday it had "requested cessation of inflight refueling" by the U.S. for its fighter jets after American officials said they would stop the operations amid growing anger over civilian casualties from the kingdom's airstrikes. (kold.com)
- In September, Lieu sent a letter to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Joseph Dunford, requesting that the U.S. "cease aiding coalition airstrikes in Yemen until the coalition demonstrates that they will institute proper safeguards to prevent civilian deaths. (peaceandjustice.org)
- The announcement of the new peace plan and the humanitarian assistance came the same day that a UN report found that airstrikes carried out by the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen are responsible for the majority of civilians killed in the country's civil war. (rt.com)
- Saudi-led airstrikes in Yemen have already killed thousands of men, women and children, with no end to the carnage in sight. (yahoo.com)
- Pompeo and the rest of the Trump Administration are looking for an excuse, any excuse for the war to continue. (theamericanconservative.com)
- WASHINGTON-The Trump administration is weighing an appeal from the United Arab Emirates for direct U.S. support to seize Yemen's main port for humanitarian aid from Iranian-backed Houthi fighters, according to U.S. officials, a move they worry could have catastrophic effects on the country. (wsj.com)
- The Trump administration has gone even further in supporting the Saudi strategy. (sott.net)
- Laying bare these thorny battlefield alliances in Yemen is crucial as the Trump administration considers stepping up US military involvement in the country. (justsecurity.org)
- But now, the Trump administration, with its aggressive rhetoric toward Iran, is poised to get further involved in the anti-Houthi fight. (justsecurity.org)
- Since the Trump administration has not filled the position of US Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Henzel as the new Ambassador to Yemen will be seen as the top US diplomat. (globalresearch.ca)
- And there has rarely been as favourable time in Washington for some Middle East leaders as under the Trump administration. (lowyinstitute.org)
- Has the Trump administration even remotely suggested that America ought to stop doing business with a terrorist state? (veteranstoday.com)
- A former official said the operation had been reviewed several times, but the underlying intelligence was not judged strong enough to justify the risks, and the case was left to the incoming Trump administration to make its own judgment. (typepad.com)
- But the Trump administration has been an even more vocal backer of Saudi Arabia's regional policies, particularly its hawkish posture against Iran and its allies. (yahoo.com)
- The Trump administration was totally enthusiastic about the war. (brookings.edu)
- They may feel temporarily at a disadvantage with the departure of their ally in the Trump Administration, John Bolton. (newsmax.com)
- Indeed, the relatively muted response from the Trump administration to the Prince Mohammed's purges up to now may have led his government to believe it could get away with it. (newsmax.com)
- Under the rubric of helping Saudi Arabia in its fight against Iran's alleged influence, the Trump administration is putting profits from the sale of armaments ahead of reducing the threat of imminent starvation, the spread of disease and poverty, and the growing number of civilian deaths. (antiwar.com)
- He spoke against the backdrop of an increasingly bleak outlook for funding Yemen's humanitarian emergencies, including the prospect of a steep drop in United Nations aid from the Trump administration. (nytimes.com)
- The Trump administration is currently considering stepping up military support for Saudi Arabia and the UAE in their two-year long military campaign in Yemen. (brookings.edu)
- The Trump administration is reportedly ready to give a green light to an attack on the port. (codepink.org)
- After the Houthi-Saleh coalition collapsed and former President Ali Abdullah Saleh was killed in December, it didn't seem as though the conflict in Yemen could get any more complicated. (lowyinstitute.org)
- Yemen has been in a state of political crisis since 2011, when President Ali Abdullah Saleh staged a violent crackdown on demonstrators before eventually agreeing to step down. (internal-displacement.org)
- The arrogance of the U.S. was always thinking that whatever U.S. official was sent to Yemen was smarter than Ali Abdullah Saleh,' Scahill says. (irishantiwar.org)
- Well, you know, Yemen is in a situation right now where the only ruler that a unified Yemen has really known, Ali Abdullah Saleh, who governed the country for 33 years, is going to be officially leaving power. (irishantiwar.org)
- Senior administration officials said that cooperation with Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh has intensified in the aftermath of the parcel bomb plot and that the subsequent shutdown of commercial and cargo flights from Yemen focused the government's attention on the cost of AQAP's presence in the country. (washingtonpost.com)
- The 1990 unification of "republican" North Yemen, headed by Ali Abdullah Saleh since 1978, with the formerly Marxist South Yemen brought Yemenis together under one flag. (frontpagemag.com)
- A senior UN official warned Thursday that certain key factors that threatened to trigger a famine in Yemen last year were once again looming large, including a plunge in the value of the national currency. (yahoo.com)
- With a rapidly depreciating rial and disrupted salary payments, we are again seeing some of the key conditions that brought Yemen to the brink of famine a year ago,' Ramesh Rajasingham, who coordinates humanitarian aid in Yemen, told the UN Security Council. (yahoo.com)
- We call on the international community to urgently provide us with sufficient funding and to help us avert famine across Yemen," said WFP's Muhannad Hadi, according to the statement. (sott.net)
- The conflict in Yemen has left nearly 10,000 people dead, tens of thousands wounded, and millions on the brink of famine in what the United Nations has called the world's worst humanitarian crisis. (sunnewsonline.com)
- A Saudi-led blockade of desperately-needed aid supplies in Yemen has pushed the war-torn country to the brink of "the largest famine the world has seen for many decades," the United Nations said this week, forecasting millions of casualties if the siege is not lifted. (yahoo.com)
- Even worse, a blockade of Yemen imposed by the Saudi-led coalition has put millions of people at risk of what could become the worst famine the world has seen in decades. (cnn.com)
- Yemen is on course for a famine whose death toll could reach the millions, says Oxfam America's Scott Paul , an expert on humanitarian policy. (cfr.org)
- The U.N. humanitarian chief warned Tuesday that "there is a clear and present danger of an imminent and great big famine engulfing Yemen. (spokesman.com)
- Yemen also is facing a famine and a growing population of young children with severe malnutrition and stunted growth. (nytimes.com)
- Democratic Rep. Eliot Engel of New York, chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, voted to end U.S. military assistance to the war, saying the humanitarian crisis in Yemen triggered "demands moral leadership. (wgntv.com)
- The U.N. describes Yemen, already poor before almost six years of war, as the world's biggest humanitarian crisis, with 80% of the population reliant on aid. (yahoo.com)
- Since 2011, Yemen has been in a state of political crisis starting with street protests against poverty, unemployment, corruption, and president Saleh's plan to amend Yemen's constitution and eliminate the presidential term limit. (wikipedia.org)
- The Yemen conflict is now recognised as the worst humanitarian crisis in the world. (savethechildren.org.au)
- We help create safe spaces for children caught up in the Yemen crisis and are committed to ensuring all children caught up in this crisis have 24-hour protection. (savethechildren.org.au)
- António Guterres, the Secretary-General of the United Nations, urged countries across the world to lend financial assistance to Yemen during a conference on Tuesday regarding the country's humanitarian crisis. (sott.net)
- The secretary of state also criticized the international response to the crisis in Yemen. (rt.com)
- Senator Menenedez asked Henzel if he had read the recent reports by human rights organizations about the humanitarian crisis in Yemen. (globalresearch.ca)
- We begin today's show in Yemen, where political turmoil is pushing the country to the brink of a humanitarian crisis. (irishantiwar.org)
- The largely forgotten crisis in Yemen has been raging for nearly two deadly years with no end in sight. (rt.com)
- Over 18 million people in Yemen now require some form of urgent humanitarian intervention in a conflict classified by the United Nations as a Level 3 emergency or as a most severe, large-scale humanitarian crisis. (rt.com)
- Earlier this month, U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres said Yemen had become the world's worst humanitarian crisis. (democracynow.org)
- As the International Crisis Group has noted , AQAP has only grown stronger as the Saudi intervention in Yemen has moved forward, and the best way to weaken their grip on the country is to end the civil war. (cnn.com)
- This is piece is the latest article in our forum on the Yemen crisis and the law . (justsecurity.org)
- Desperate to halt the cholera crisis afflicting Yemen, Unicef has taken the unusual step of paying the country's doctors and nurses, who have not received salaries in months. (nytimes.com)
- He described the cholera crisis ravaging Yemen as "really a massive, massive outbreak" the magnitude of which the country, the poorest in the Middle East, has never experienced. (nytimes.com)
- Jan Egeland, head of the Norwegian Refugee Council and one of the few foreigners to recently visit Yemen called the war "a colossal failure of international diplomacy" and said the crisis is now "of biblical proportions. (codepink.org)
- Find out more about the Yemen conflict and Save the Children's aid programs. (savethechildren.org.au)
- For the last four years, the Yemen conflict has resulted in millions of children and their families being displaced and at harm from disease and war. (savethechildren.org.au)
- Donate to help the Yemen conflict today. (savethechildren.org.au)
- The people of Yemen -particularly its children- rendered vulnerable by the conflict require psycho social support and guidance. (commondreams.org)
- But America's counterterrorism fight in Yemen is also taking place against the backdrop of a messy civil war that has ballooned into a regional conflict. (justsecurity.org)
- Senseless violence, lawlessness, a brave people tired of conflict, and a nation in chaos: these were my impressions of Yemen before I arrived. (msf.org.au)
- Yemen, already the poorest country in the Arabian Peninsula even before the conflict, has seen the humanitarian situation further aggravated by fighting, forced displacement, and shortages of basic commodities. (rt.com)
- Meanwhile, a new, more combative U.S. administration has signaled its intentions to become more involved in the conflict. (mepc.org)
- Over the past two-and-a-half years, Yemen has been engulfed by a raging conflict that has spiraled into one of the world's worst humanitarian crises. (yahoo.com)
- Lenderking also said there was no military solution to the conflict and that President Donald Trump's administration believes the best course is "aggressive diplomacy. (swissinfo.ch)
- He should use his visit to press for a ceasefire and negotiations to end the conflict in Yemen. (codepink.org)
- The U.S. will also continue working with the coalition and Yemen to minimize civilian casualties and expand urgent humanitarian efforts throughout the country. (kold.com)
- In a two-page letter, acting Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Brian McKeon assured Lieu that "The United States Government shares your deep concern over civilian casualties and damage to civilian infrastructure in Yemen. (peaceandjustice.org)
- What's more, less U.S. military engagement in Yemen will likely lead to more civilian casualties. (newsmax.com)
- Administration officials say it is important to support Saudi Arabia. (americanthinker.com)
- According to The Times , in 2010 the United States, in cooperation with Yemeni officials, launched four cruise missiles at suspected terrorist targets in Yemen. (wikipedia.org)
- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and British Foreign Secretary David Miliband (shown here Jan. 21 in Washington, D.C.) will be among the officials meeting in London this week to discuss Afghanistan and Yemen. (npr.org)
- Senior administration officials told the AP last week that the White House is considering providing additional assistance to the Saudi-led coalition that could include "more intelligence support but won't include a commitment of U.S. ground troops. (justsecurity.org)
- The United States has deployed Predator drones to hunt for al-Qaeda operatives in Yemen for the first time in years but has not fired missiles from the unmanned aircraft because it lacks solid intelligence on the insurgents' whereabouts, senior U.S. officials said. (washingtonpost.com)
- U.S. officials said the Predators have been patrolling the skies over Yemen for several months in search of leaders and operatives of the group al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP. (washingtonpost.com)
- I have directed officials in my Administration to call the leadership of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to request that they completely allow food, fuel, water, and medicine to reach the Yemeni people who desperately need it. (whitehouse.gov)
- If the administration were genuinely interested in helping peace negotiations in Yemen, they would be spending much more time pressuring the Saudi coalition members to halt their Hodeidah offensive and they would stop trying to blame Iran for everything. (theamericanconservative.com)
- Under the Biden Administration: Will U.S.-Iran Relations Improve? (rand.org)
- His experiences on Middle East issues from Palestine to Iran, from Saudi Arabia to Yemen are supporting policies calling for death and destruction rather than non-killing approaches through real diplomacy. (globalresearch.ca)
- At the same time, Washington began supplying intelligence and aerial refueling on demand for a Saudi bombing campaign against the militias Iran favors in Yemen. (mondediplo.com)
- Without that invasion, Iran would not be in Iraq… Saudi Arabia realized the danger that would take Yemen away with no hope of return, and that would then happen to other Arab countries. (mepc.org)
- In the meantime, in an act of astonishing hypocrisy, the Trump administration's UN Ambassador, Nikki Haley, took to the pages of the New York Times earlier this month to imply that the real humanitarian challenge in Yemen has been the firing of a handful of missiles at Saudi Arabia by the Houthi rebel movement, missiles allegedly supplied by Iran. (cnn.com)
- Trump can do all this while also making it clear that the U.S. remains committed to helping its allies counter Iran in Yemen, Iraq, Lebanon and Syria. (newsmax.com)
- Push back on Iran in Yemen, and they might well stir up the Shiite population in Bahrain. (brookings.edu)
Defense Secretary Jim Mattis2
- We support the decision by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, after consultations with the U.S. government, to use the coalition's own military capabilities to conduct inflight refueling in support of its operations in Yemen," U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said in a statement. (kold.com)
- Defense secretary Jim Mattis has described Syria as "the most complex civil war probably raging on the planet at this time," but Yemen is giving it a run for its money. (justsecurity.org)
- Gareth Porter, an investigative journalist, historian and analyst who has provided ample coverage of issues in the Middle East, wrote that the Saudi coalition has wreaked havoc upon Yemen civilians through a "war strategy of maximizing pressure on the Houthi resistance by destroying agricultural, health and transportation infrastructure and by choking off access to food and fuel for most of Yemen's population. (sott.net)
- U.N. special envoy for Yemen Martin Griffiths has said he is consulting with Yemen's warring parties to finalize details for a new round of peace talks. (kold.com)
- The Pentagon's Middle East policy chief decries new recruitment of children in Syria and the Yemen civil war. (foreignpolicy.com)
- Crises the administration deems indirect threats to the United States - such as the uprisings in Libya and Syria - are "threats to global security," Rhodes argued, and will be responded to multilaterally and not necessarily by force. (reuters.com)
- an Iranian arm in the region… Tehran has used militias to interfere in the affairs of such Arab countries as Iraq, Syria, Yemen and Lebanon. (mepc.org)
- In Syria and Yemen, protests met with a government crackdown and the emergence of warring factions that were all too soon embroiled in civil war. (antiwar.com)
- Over the past four decades, it has managed to establish an "arc of influence" that stretches from Lebanon and Syria in the Levant, to Iraq and Bahrain on the Gulf, to Yemen on the Red Sea. (brookings.edu)
- According to UNICEF estimates , one child aged under five dies every 10 minutes in Yemen from preventable causes, more than 50,000 children each year. (freitag.de)
- As Yemen geared up for an end-of-month nationwide campaign to immunize all children under 5 against a fast-moving paralytic poliovirus outbreak, the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) said it was shipping in 6 million doses of polio vaccine. (bio-medicine.org)
- Yemen reported 41 confirmed cases today, up from 22 late last month, UNICEF said. (bio-medicine.org)
- It is also in compliance with the environmental and social laws and legislation of Yemen, and the guidelines of WHO and UNICEF as implementing agencies. (who.int)
- According to a nationally representative survey conducted by the Yemeni government and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) in 2006, 14 percent of girls in Yemen are married before reaching age 15, and 52 percent are married before 18. (hrw.org)
- An urgent international effort, with a new United Nations Security Council resolution, is necessary, and Biden's appointment of a special envoy for Yemen with long experience in the region, Tim Lenderking, is a good step. (brookings.edu)
Already the poorest country1
- The violence has pushed Yemen - which was already the poorest country in the Middle East, suffering from widespread hunger and destitution - into what the U.N. has called for well over a year now a "humanitarian catastrophe. (peaceandjustice.org)
- WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump on Tuesday vetoed a bill passed by Congress to end U.S. military assistance in Saudi Arabia's war in Yemen. (wgntv.com)
- Despite the wide-ranging concerns in the U.S. and the United Kingdom about Saudi Arabia's military intervention in Yemen, both Washington and London continued to export arms to Saudi Arabia from 2015 to 2019. (brookings.edu)
- As early as the next few days, the Senate will have its best opportunity so far to end US support for Saudi Arabia's devastating war in Yemen -- a war that has sparked a humanitarian catastrophe that puts millions of lives at risk. (cnn.com)
- Action to end US support for Saudi Arabia's shameful military campaign in Yemen is long overdue. (cnn.com)
- The Sanders/Lee/Murphy initiative in the Senate is just the latest effort by Congress to rein in US support for Saudi Arabia's brutal war in Yemen. (cnn.com)
- Whatever the case, U.S. participation in Saudi Arabia's war on Yemen must end immediately and neocon lies about Iran's role in the war must be refuted and resisted. (newsmax.com)
- The Houthi resistance movement, or Ansar Allah, is named after Hussein Badreddin al-Houthi who founded the movement in the 1990s partly in response to the growing influence of Saudi Arabia's Salafist Sunni ideology in Yemen. (antiwar.com)
- Saudi Arabia has deployed ships around Yemen to enforce the blockade, as has Egypt. (americanthinker.com)
- Although the U.S. is assisting with the Saudi-led air campaign, it is not participating in the naval blockade of Yemen, said U.S. Central Command spokesman Col. Pat Ryder. (americanthinker.com)
- But the humanitarian impact of the Saudi-led military intervention have since intensified, with the international community now warning that its newly imposed aid blockade will bear catastrophic consequences in Yemen, including widespread starvation. (yahoo.com)
- However, enabling Saudi Arabia to bomb and blockade Yemen will do nothing to stop Houthi human rights abuses. (cnn.com)
- Last week, human rights groups started to issue statements on the Saudi war against Yemen, noting thousands of people killed and a humanitarian catastrophe impacting tens of millions caused by the Saudi naval blockade of the country. (irishantiwar.org)
- Even the most scandalous aspect of the Saudi war, the naval blockade of a nation that imports 90% of its food, has been a site of US involvement, as at times the US Navy has contributed warships to stop and search aid ships trying to deliver basic goods to Yemen. (irishantiwar.org)
- After intercepting a missile fired at Riyadh from Yemen in early November, Saudi Arabia ratcheted up its blockade, sealing off rebel-held ports. (cfr.org)
- Even before the escalation of the blockade, the measures that the Saudi-led coalition, together with the government of Yemen, put into place resulted in extraordinary delays for those deliveries and created a huge amount of uncertainty. (cfr.org)
- Yemen imports 90 percent of its food, and the war, including a Saudi naval blockade and a previous bombing of grain silos at the Hodeidah port, has already made it difficult to import sufficient food and humanitarian supplies. (codepink.org)
- The top Republican on the committee, Rep. Michael McCaul of Texas, acknowledged the dire situation in Yemen for civilians, but spoke out in opposition to the bill. (wgntv.com)
- At least 56,000 civilians and combatants have been killed in armed violence in Yemen since January 2016. (wikipedia.org)
- The media has instead chosen to use vague terminology such as "ongoing violence" and "administrative blockages" without taking a deeper look into the policies of our government that have lent support to unconscionable treatment of civilians in Yemen. (sott.net)
- But as Nabeel Khoury, former U.S. deputy chief of mission to Yemen, recently wrote , "Drone strikes take out a few bad guys to be sure, but they also kill a large number of innocent civilians. (commondreams.org)
Republic of Ye3
- Arabic: ٱلْيَمَن, romanized: al-Yaman), officially the Republic of Yemen (Arabic: ٱلْجُمْهُورِيَّةُ ٱلْيَمَنِيَّةُ, romanized: al-Jumhūrīyah al-Yamanīyah, literally "Yemeni (wikipedia.org)
- The two Yemeni states united to form the modern Republic of Yemen (al-Jumhūrīyah al-Yamanīyah) in 1990. (wikipedia.org)
- The Republic of Yemen has adopted an economic policy based on free market. (sabanews.net)
- Yemen, the poorest country in the Middle East, is beset by high unemployment, widespread corruption and rampant human rights abuses. (hrw.org)
- Yemen is the poorest country in the Arab world and has been plagued with social and political unrest since its troubled unification in 1990. (internal-displacement.org)
- Yemen is the poorest country in the Arab world despite receiving over $300 million in military and security aid from the United States over the past five years. (irishantiwar.org)
- President Donald Trump's administration has been threatening to blacklist the group, sources have told Reuters, as part of its 'maximum pressure' campaign against Tehran. (yahoo.com)
- While the press has closely followed the Senate efforts to stop US support for the Saudi war in Yemen in the wake of journalist Jamal Khashoggi 's murder, a December 4 Senate Foreign Affairs Committee meeting introducing Donald Trump's nominee for Ambassador to Yemen slipped under the radar. (globalresearch.ca)
- On June 3, 2011 American manned jets (or drones) attacked and killed Ali Abdullah Naji al-Harithi, a midlevel al-Qaeda operative, and several other militant suspects, including Ammar Abadah Nasser al-Wa'eli , in a strike in southern Yemen. (wikipedia.org)
-  According to the Associated Press , in 2011 the US government began building an airbase near or in Yemen from which the CIA and US military plans to operate drones over Yemen. (wikipedia.org)
- But from Pakistan to Yemen to post-American Iraq, drones often spark deep resentment where they operate. (reuters.com)
- The use of U.S. drones in Yemen underscores the deep U.S. reliance on what has become a signature weapon against al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups. (washingtonpost.com)
- Pressed on whether the drones would be free to shoot, a second administration official said, 'The only thing that does fall into the 'no' category right now is boots on the ground. (washingtonpost.com)
- The Yemen Oil and Gas Corporation (YOGC), a government-owned corporation under the direction of the Ministry of Oil and Minerals of Yemen, is an oil and natural gas exploration and production company headquartered in Sana'a. (wikipedia.org)
- But the rest of Yemen, and even in the capital, Sana'a, is concerned more with local issues, issues of security and stability, than they are with participating in an election that they consider to be a sort of farce. (irishantiwar.org)
- 2 Al Thawra Hospital, Sana'a, Yemen. (who.int)
- To assess risk factors related to low birth weight babies in Sana'a, Yemen. (who.int)
- We conducted an unmatched case-control study of 252 women who came for delivery at Al Thawra Hospital, Sana'a, Yemen, between August and October 2016. (who.int)
- This study was conducted to assess the maternal sociodemographic, reproductive and lifestyle risk factors related to LBW in Sana'a City, Yemen. (who.int)
- This was an unmatched case-control study conducted at Al Thawra Modern General Hospital, located in Sana'a City, Yemen during August-October 2016. (who.int)
- He is now Trump's pick to become the highest US diplomat to the wartorn nation of Yemen, but his initial appearance before the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee did not go very well. (globalresearch.ca)
- When asked if U.S. aid to Yemen would diminish given that Yemen drafted the resolution and was one of the 120 countries that voted for it, Lenderking said he was not sure but Trump's threat was not empty. (swissinfo.ch)
- FILE - In this Dec. 30, 2020 file photo, people run following an explosion at the airport in Aden, Yemen, shortly after a plane carrying the newly formed Cabinet landed. (yahoo.com)
- South Yemen remained a British protectorate as the Aden Protectorate until 1967 when it became an independent state and later, a Marxist-Leninist state. (wikipedia.org)
-   On November 5, 2002, Al-Qaeda operatives in a car traveling through Yemen were killed in a targeted killing by a missile launched from a CIA-controlled Predator drone . (wikipedia.org)
- An estimated 98 US drone attacks were conducted in Yemen from 2002 to 2015: 41 in 2012, 26 in 2013 and 14 in 2014. (wikipedia.org)
- Early in 2002 the Bush administration approved sending about 100 Special Operations Forces to Yemen. (wikipedia.org)
- It contains events related to the event April 2002: Administration Attorneys Discuss Plans to Interrogate Zubaida . (historycommons.org)
- President Bush had first mentioned the new policy in a speech in June 2002 (see June 1, 2002 ), and it echoes policies proposed by Paul Wolfowitz during the George H. W. Bush administration (see March 8, 1992 ). (historycommons.org)
- Obama's embrace of multilateralism, drone strikes and a light U.S. military presence in Libya, Pakistan and Yemen, they contend, has proved more effective than Bush's go-heavy approach in Iraq and Afghanistan. (reuters.com)
- If Iraq were your home instead of Yemen you would. (ifitweremyhome.com)
- The life expectancy at birth in Iraq is 71.42 while in Yemen it is 64.83. (ifitweremyhome.com)
- The number of deaths of infants under one year old in a given year per 1,000 live births in Iraq is 37.53 while in Yemen it is 50.41. (ifitweremyhome.com)
- Other questions to Henzel about the Saudi war on Yemen included the Saudi breaking of the ceasefire with 45 air attacks the previous day, the continued closing of the port of Hudiadah where food deliveries have fallen by 50 percent. (globalresearch.ca)
- In April, the UN Security Council issued a statement endorsing the UN Secretary-General's call for a ceasefire in Yemen to better enable a response to Covid-19. (lowyinstitute.org)
- United States drone strikes in Yemen started after the September 11, 2001 attacks in the United States, when the US military attacked Islamist militant presence in Yemen, in particular Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula using drone warfare . (wikipedia.org)
- We speak with journalist Jeremy Scahill, who reports in a new cover story for The Nation magazine that U.S. drone strikes, civilian drone casualties and deepening poverty in Yemen have all contributed to the rise of an Islamist uprising. (irishantiwar.org)
- In 2019, the United Nations reported that Yemen is the country with the most people in need of humanitarian aid, about 24 million people, or 85% of its population. (wikipedia.org)
- According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute , the preeminent think tank tracking arms sales, Saudi Arabia was the world's largest arms importer from 2015 to 2019, the first five years of the Yemen war. (brookings.edu)
- The article by Jeremy Scahill, called 'Washington's War in Yemen Backfires,' says U.S. missile strikes, civilian drone casualties and deepening poverty in Yemen have all contributed to the rise of groups such as Ansar al-Sharia and al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. (irishantiwar.org)
- Saudi Arabia intercepted a ballistic missile fired toward its capital from Yemen on Saturday. (yahoo.com)
- Senators Corker, Mendenez, Kaine, Markey and Young used the appearance as an opportunity to skewer the Trump administration's participation in the Saudi war on Yemen and its handling of the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. (globalresearch.ca)
- The first war is the longstanding US counterterrorism fight against al-Qaeda's branch in Yemen, which is commonly referred to as Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). (justsecurity.org)
- February 16, 2012 ---------- Has U.S. counterterrorism policy in Yemen strengthened the very threat it sought to eliminate? (irishantiwar.org)
- White House counterterrorism adviser John Brennan had left the door open to more transfers to Yemen as recently as Sunday in a round of television interviews. (reuters.com)
- Maybe in the early years one might have been able to label them terrorists, but that would deny that as indigenous people of Yemen, they have not repeatedly had grievances with the government in place. (theamericanconservative.com)
- Latin and Greek writers referred to ancient Yemen as "India", which arose from the Persians calling the Abyssinians whom they came into contact with in South Arabia by the name of the dark-skinned people who lived next to them, viz. (wikipedia.org)
- I have been working in Yemen for more than a year and have seen first-hand the devastation facing millions of people - many of them children. (freitag.de)
- In May 2010 an errant US drone attack targeting al-Qaeda terrorists in Wadi Abida , Yemen, killed five people, among them Jaber al-Shabwani, deputy governor of Ma'rib Governorate who was mediating between the government and the militants. (wikipedia.org)
- Almost 15 million people do not have access to health care in Yemen, including 8.8 million who are living in severely under-served areas. (commondreams.org)
- While displacement not a new phenomenon in Yemen, the number of people fleeing violence increased sharply in 2015 after a deterioration in the political and security situation. (internal-displacement.org)
- A Russian NGO has delivered lifesaving aid to the desperate population of war-torn Yemen, where over 18 million people now urgently require some form of humanitarian assistance. (rt.com)
- At least 20 people died Sunday when a Saudi-led coalition airstrike hit a wedding party in northern Yemen. (democracynow.org)
- Saudi Arabia announced Monday that it had decided to " temporarily close " all ports in Yemen, where 7 million people are at risk of starvation. (yahoo.com)
- The humanitarian situation in Yemen is extremely fragile and any disruption in the pipeline of critical supplies such as food, fuel and medicines has the potential to bring millions of people closer to starvation and death," read a joint statement released by leading international organizations and NGOs on Wednesday. (yahoo.com)
- People held in a form of custody not under the authority of a prison administration are not included in this figure. (ifitweremyhome.com)
- At a briefing later on Thursday, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Tim Lenderking said the United States would have a conversation with Saudi Arabia about the 30 days the port will be open and about possibly changing the timeline, but said the United States first wants to see ships moving in and goods and services reaching the people of Yemen. (swissinfo.ch)
- Al-Rabei, a columnist for Alsharq Alwasat, wrote with great affection for the Yemeni people of his concern for the future of Yemen. (frontpagemag.com)
- U.S. Senator Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), who's been a vocal critic of the Saudi-led and U.S.-backed offensive in Yemen, condemned the siege on Thursday. (yahoo.com)
- By assisting Saudi Arabia, the United States is aiding and abetting what appears to be war crimes in Yemen," Lieu added. (peaceandjustice.org)
- Human Rights Watch accused the coalition earlier this year of committing war crimes and carrying out indiscriminate attacks in Yemen. (yahoo.com)
- Amnesty International has urged Trump not to sign off on new weapons sales, warning the weapons could be used to devastate more civilian lives in Yemen and could "implicate your administration in war crimes. (codepink.org)
- They do not wish to test the solidarity of their Arab allies by plunging into a sectarian war over Yemen. (americanthinker.com)
- IMHO the Commander in Chief approves these missions, or rejects them, based on the possible rewards and any risks associated with the country in question (Yemen, here), other allies, and US and world opinion. (typepad.com)
- Israel has become more friendly and cooperative with Saudi Arabia over the same period SA has engaged in direct warfare with Iranian allies in Yemen. (antiwar.com)
- Washington sees the group, which controls northern Yemen and its most populated areas, as an extension of Iranian influence in the region. (yahoo.com)
- Amid increasing tensions between Tehran and Washington over Iran's nuclear program, the Bush administration is courting the Persian/Arab Gulf monarchies with the same proposal it offered them 15 years ago after the first Gulf War - purchase U.S. (freedomsphoenix.com)
- The emerging strategy - which Rhodes touted as "a far more focused approach to our adversaries" - is a welcome shift from the martial policies and bellicose rhetoric of both the Bush administration and today's Republican presidential candidates. (reuters.com)
- Initially the Bush administration asserted that they could withhold all the protections of the Geneva Conventions to captives from the war on terror. (wikipedia.org)
- The Bush administration submits to Congress a 31-page document entitled "The National Security Strategy of the United States. (historycommons.org)
- The political turmoil that has swept Yemen since early 2011 has overshadowed the plight of child brides such as Reem, as thousands of protesters took to the streets to demand the end of President Ali Abdullah Saleh's 33-year rule, and security forces responded with excessive and deadly force. (hrw.org)
- Since then, the country has been in a civil war (alongside the Saudi Arabian-led military intervention aimed at restoring Hadi's government) with several proto-state entities claiming to govern Yemen: the Cabinet of Yemen, Supreme Political Council and the Southern Transitional Council. (wikipedia.org)
- Other sources claim that Yemen is related to yamn or yumn, meaning "felicity" or "blessed", as much of the country is fertile. (wikipedia.org)
- As Geert Cappelaere, UNICEF's Director for the Mideast and North Africa told Associated Press, "There is no single country in the world where, today, children are suffering more than in Yemen. (commondreams.org)
- Instead, foreign intervention in Yemen has left a ravaged country. (commondreams.org)
- But, while the focus of attention both inside and outside of Yemen is understandably the political future of the country, following President Saleh's agreement in November to cede power before elections in February, child marriages and other discrimination against women and girls in Yemen continue unabated. (hrw.org)
- Yemen is one Middle Eastern country Americans don't hear much about, even though it was the site of one of the earliest al-Qaida strikes against America - the attack on the USS Cole in 2000. (npr.org)
- In 2015 Saudi Arabia attacked its neighbor, Yemen, because a coup in that country ousted the Saudi-backed dictator. (newsmax.com)
- He worked in US Embassies in Yemen and Pakistan, and from 1985 to 1987 in Saudi Arabia. (globalresearch.ca)
- Yemen is a member of the Arab League, United Nations, Non-Aligned Movement and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation. (wikipedia.org)
- Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who launched the Yemen war as the kingdom's defense minister in March 2015, faces widespread international criticism for the war and after members of his entourage allegedly took part in Khashoggi's slaying. (kold.com)
- Two years have passed since the start of the Saudi-led military intervention in Yemen. (mepc.org)
- The humanitarian situation in Yemen has never been worse. (yahoo.com)
- Yemen is already suffering from a devastating civil war and widespread hunger. (pbs.org)
- Transparency International has noted widespread and growing corruption, ranking Yemen near the bottom of the corruption scale. (frontpagemag.com)
- Biased hiring practices in the civil services and military have resulted in widespread unemployment in the former South Yemen . (frontpagemag.com)