Sexual Dysfunction, Physiological
Sexual Dysfunctions, Psychological
Chondroitin ABC Lyase
Directories as Topic
A chromosome disorder associated either with an extra chromosome 21 or an effective trisomy for chromosome 21. Clinical manifestations include hypotonia, short stature, brachycephaly, upslanting palpebral fissures, epicanthus, Brushfield spots on the iris, protruding tongue, small ears, short, broad hands, fifth finger clinodactyly, Simian crease, and moderate to severe INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY. Cardiac and gastrointestinal malformations, a marked increase in the incidence of LEUKEMIA, and the early onset of ALZHEIMER DISEASE are also associated with this condition. Pathologic features include the development of NEUROFIBRILLARY TANGLES in neurons and the deposition of AMYLOID BETA-PROTEIN, similar to the pathology of ALZHEIMER DISEASE. (Menkes, Textbook of Child Neurology, 5th ed, p213)
Electromagnetic waves with frequencies between about 3 kilohertz (very low frequency - VLF) and 300,000 megahertz (extremely high frequency - EHF). They are used in television and radio broadcasting, land and satellite communications systems, radionavigation, radiolocation, and DIATHERMY. The highest frequency radio waves are MICROWAVES.
Analog or digital communications device in which the user has a wireless connection from a telephone to a nearby transmitter. It is termed cellular because the service area is divided into multiple "cells." As the user moves from one cell area to another, the call is transferred to the local transmitter.
Drugs manufactured and sold with the intent to misrepresent its origin, authenticity, chemical composition, and or efficacy. Counterfeit drugs may contain inappropriate quantities of ingredients not listed on the label or package. In order to further deceive the consumer, the packaging, container, or labeling, may be inaccurate, incorrect, or fake.
The external reproductive organ of males. It is composed of a mass of erectile tissue enclosed in three cylindrical fibrous compartments. Two of the three compartments, the corpus cavernosa, are placed side-by-side along the upper part of the organ. The third compartment below, the corpus spongiosum, houses the urethra.
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Drugs that block nerve conduction when applied locally to nerve tissue in appropriate concentrations. They act on any part of the nervous system and on every type of nerve fiber. In contact with a nerve trunk, these anesthetics can cause both sensory and motor paralysis in the innervated area. Their action is completely reversible. (From Gilman AG, et. al., Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 8th ed) Nearly all local anesthetics act by reducing the tendency of voltage-dependent sodium channels to activate.
Impaired conduction of cardiac impulse that can occur anywhere along the conduction pathway, such as between the SINOATRIAL NODE and the right atrium (SA block) or between atria and ventricles (AV block). Heart blocks can be classified by the duration, frequency, or completeness of conduction block. Reversibility depends on the degree of structural or functional defects.
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency
Adequate lubrication allows smooth continuous operation of equipment, with only mild wear, and without excessive stresses or ... Lubrication is a technique employed to reduce wear of one or both surfaces in close proximity moving relative to each another ... Main article: Lubrication. Lubricated friction is a case of fluid friction where a fluid separates two solid surfaces. ... When lubrication breaks down, metal or other components can rub destructively over each other, causing heat and possibly damage ...
Tapered roller bearing
Without adequate lubrication, journal bearings would fail due to the excessive heat caused by friction. Timken was able to ... 606,635, Roller-bearing for vehicles Bearing Lubrication Whitepaper. ...
Without adequate lubrication, patients are at risk for infection as well as irreversible scarring and damage. Artificial tears ... Patients with dry eyes may have an inability to produce adequate amount or quality of tears leading to a disruption in their ... Artificial tears are used to supplement a patient's naturally-produced tears and increase eye lubrication by mimicking ...
... s in ships must resist the forces in the bearing and offer adequate lubrication from the water alone. They must ... A low pressure of around 5 psi is adequate. "Stave type bearings for marine applications". Tufnol. Archived from the original ...
Female sexual arousal disorder
Marita P. McCabe noted: Difficulties arise with this definition in terms of what constitutes an adequate lubrication-swelling ... an adequate lubrication-swelling response of sexual excitement, the disturbance causes marked distress or interpersonal ... The diagnosis can also refer to an inadequate lubrication-swelling response normally present during arousal and sexual activity ... Furthermore, there is little evidence that women with sexual arousal disorder have a poor lubrication/swelling response. " ...
However, flexures require no lubrication and exhibit very low or no friction. Many flexure bearings are made of a single part: ... The resulting joint is lighter yet is capable of carrying hundreds of kilowatts, with adequate durability for a sports car. ... Because flexure bearings do not rely on sliding or rolling motions, they do not require lubrication. Consequently, they can be ...
Quad 4 engine
They also had very small oil passages, making for less than adequate lubrication, and costly engine repairs if not maintained ...
L&YR Class 32
... mostly owing to difficulties in providing adequate cylinder lubrication. Hughes was an advocate of superheating and used it ...
Root cause analysis
Compare this with an investigation that does not find the root cause: replacing the fuse, the bearing, or the lubrication pump ... Investigation of why the shaft was worn discovers that there isn't an adequate mechanism to prevent metal scrap getting into ... The apparent root cause of the problem is therefore that metal scrap can contaminate the lubrication system. Fixing this ... The investigation proceeds further and finds that the automatic lubrication mechanism had a pump which was not pumping ...
This prevents boundary lubrication problems, as piston ring ridge wear at TDC and bottom dead centre (BDC) does not occur. The ... as the engine reaches operating temperature and tolerances enter the adequate range, smoke is greatly reduced. For two-stroke ... Due to the continuous motion of the sleeve (Burt-McCollum type), the high wear points linked to poor lubrication in the TDC/BDC ... and with no specific lubrication supply for the sleeve. An unusual form of four-stroke model engine that uses what is ...
... engines requiring premixed fuel that are run solely on starting fluid do not receive an adequate supply of lubrication to their ... Lubrication for two-stroke engines is achieved using oil that is either mixed into the fuel by the user or injected ... further reducing lubrication during the period of fuel starvation. WD-40 was previously recommended for use on two stroke ... if the spark is adequate but the fuel delivery system is not, the engine will run until the starting fluid vapors are consumed ...
Lubrication, capillary attraction and contamination are issues for the ski bottom and the wax that is applied to reduce sliding ... friction or achieve adequate grip. Typically, a sliding ski melts a thin and transitory film of lubricating layer of water, ... lubrication of the ski with a thin layer of melt water, 4) capillary attraction of water in the snow to the ski bottom, and 5) ... increased hardness and lowered thermal conductivity of the base material to promote meltwater generation for lubrication, wear ...
Proper lubrication cools the tool, which increases the life of the tool. Another benefit of lubrication includes higher cutting ... This makes them adequate for hand tools and light machines. Aluminum and brass are typical workpieces with good to excellent ... Lubrication also removes chips and contributes to a better workpiece finish. Mineral oils, synthetic oils, and water-soluble ... oils are used for lubrication and applied by flooding or spraying. In the case of some materials only cold air is needed to ...
An inability to produce adequate vaginal lubrication and dilatation is thought to be an underlying cause of severe tears in the ... Vaginal lengthening and lubrication usually occurs naturally in a consensual sexual situation. Vaginal tearing can occur in ...
... as well as ensure that the cams and heads of the motor were receiving adequate lubrication. The RE models initially had trouble ...
... which means that there is a specific range where viscosity permits adequate compaction by providing lubrication between ...
... must have reached proper temperature to get adequate light-off of its catalytic converter and also to ensure proper lubrication ... This aids the lack of the motor oil film and hydrodynamic lubrication when the crankshaft stops, preventing metal-to-metal ... During this phase of boundary lubrication, metal-to-metal contact can occur between the crankshaft surface and the bearing's ... think that long-term use may induce additional wear due to lack of oil lubrication. For the crankshaft bearing half shells and ...
High-speed steam engine
... lubrication and cooling and the pressure of the oil film was sufficient to allow the use of double-acting engines with adequate ... Splash lubrication: Lubrication of the first high-speed engines, such as the Ideal (an open-crank horizontal engine), were ... This often used an enclosed crankcase with an oil sump and lubrication by 'splash' or by ring oilers. Some went so far as to ... The important concept of pressure lubrication of engine bearings began with high-speed steam engines and is now a vital part of ...
The Cords lacked adequate lubrication and the main shaft was so long that it warped under load (causing gears to pop out of ... Nevertheless, in the Tucker, this transmission worked well enough for the new engine configuration; it provided an adequate ( ...
... and the anus and rectum do not provide lubrication for sexual penetration like the vagina does. Researchers say adequate ... The anal and rectal tissues are delicate and do not provide lubrication like the vagina does, so they can easily tear and ... Use of condoms, ample lubrication to reduce the risk of tearing, and safer sex practices in general, reduce the risk of STIs. ... Factors predictive of pain during anal sex include inadequate lubrication, feeling tense or anxious, lack of stimulation, as ...
... than non-O-ring chains as it has less friction than O-ring chain while providing adequate lubrication and protection against ... This is known as internal lubrication. However, unlike O-ring chain, it has X shaped seal which does not experience increased ...
Dyspareunia may be caused by insufficient lubrication (vaginal dryness) in women. Poor lubrication may result from insufficient ... despite adequate stimulation Inability to control timing of ejaculation Inability to relax vaginal muscles enough to allow ... There may be physiological origins to these disorders, such as decreased blood flow or lack of vaginal lubrication. Chronic ... intercourse Inadequate vaginal lubrication preceding and during intercourse Burning pain on the vulva or in the vagina with ...
Histology of the vocal cords
Lubrication of the vocal folds through adequate hydration is essential for normal phonation to avoid excessive abrasion, and ... which can result in the inability of the epithelium to retain an adequate mucous coat, which will in turn impact lubrication of ...
Temporomandibular joint dysfunction
... while providing adequate lubrication and washing, which can be confirmed by the joint space increase post-treatment. TMD can be ... Changes in the synovial membrane may lead to a reduction in lubrication of the joint and contribute to degenerative joint ...
Sex reassignment surgery (male-to-female)
Lubrication is needed when having sex and occasional douching is advised so that bacteria do not start to grow and give off ... Penile-vaginal penetration with a sexual partner is not an adequate method of performing dilation. Daily dilation of the vagina ...
... different lubrication regimes can be distinguished. Adequate lubrication allows smooth, continuous operation of machine ... leading to a mixed-lubrication or boundary lubrication regime. Boundary lubrication (also called boundary film lubrication): ... Machinery Lubrication magazine International Council for Machinery Lubrication Engineers Edge Lubrication Forum Journal of ... which are called lubrication regimes: Fluid film lubrication is the lubrication regime in which, through viscous forces, the ...
... which means that there is a specific range where viscosity permits adequate compaction by providing lubrication between ... Most of the bitumen was used for waterproofing roofs, but other uses included fuels, lubrication oils, printers ink, medicines ...
Lubrication The engine is lubricated by the splash system. During regular maintenance the clutch case, the gearbox case and the ... Seating was comfortable with adequate room all round. A driver's side door was missed. Altogether a great little car. Culshaw ... In November 1921 engine lubrication was improved and the body given more room inside. Its shape's appearance was also improved ...
... the creation of an adequate model of friction and wear of polymers and composite materials. In the last decade of his life, ... He was a member of Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers (STLE). Mark Petrokovets' scientific work was associated ...
Beginning in the 1920s, mineral oil began to be used more than water as a base stock due to its inherent lubrication properties ... Adequate viscosity and viscosity index. *Shear stability. Lubricant *Viscosity for film maintenance ... Automatic transmissions use fluids for their lubrication, cooling and hydraulic properties for viscous couplings. ...
This tubing provides adequate chemical compatibility and life to be used in chemically challenging applications. There are a ... Minimum quantity lubrication. *Inkjet printers. *Water and Waste *Chemical treatment in water purification plant ...
Lack of lubrication is a common problem during and after perimenopause. Vaginal moisturizers can help women with overall ... Osteoporosis can be minimized by smoking cessation, adequate vitamin D intake and regular weight-bearing exercise. The ... dryness, and lubricants can help with lubrication difficulties that may be present during intercourse. It is worth pointing out ...
Radioisotope thermoelectric generator
The use of non-contacting moving parts, non-degrading flexural bearings, and a lubrication-free and hermetically sealed ... Therefore, auxiliary power supplies (such as rechargeable batteries) may be needed to meet peak demand, and adequate cooling ... as the casing itself is adequate. 238Pu has become the most widely used fuel for RTGs, in the form of plutonium(IV) oxide (PuO2 ...
Practically, f/8 allows adequate depth of field and sufficient lens speed for a decent base exposure in most daylight ... mechanical shutter speeds were notoriously inaccurate as wear and lubrication varied, with no effect on exposure). It is not ...
Diabetes mellitus type 1
Diabetes sometimes decreases estrogen levels in females, which can affect vaginal lubrication. Less is known about the ... preventing the adequate blood supply needed for a firm erection. The nerve damage caused by poor blood glucose control can also ...
Adequate access to contraception can limit multiple pregnancies, reduce the need for potentially unsafe abortion and reduce ... sensations such as hot flashes and local changes to the reproductive tract such as reduced vaginal secretions and lubrication. ... Reported usage of adequate contraception by women has risen only slightly between 1990 and 2014, with considerable regional ... An inherent part of post-abortion care involves provision of adequate contraception. ...
Water injection (engine)
... it may also assist in engine lubrication when running in a high power state. Because the alcohol mixed into ... an adequate supply of water cannot be ensured. On the contrary, condensing of water vapour formed during the combustion of ...
Without adequate exhaust gas flow to spin the turbine blades, the turbocharger cannot produce the necessary force needed to ...
Temporomandibular joint dysfunction
... while providing adequate lubrication and washing, which can be confirmed by the joint space increase post-treatment. ... Changes in the synovial membrane may lead to a reduction in lubrication of the joint and contribute to degenerative joint ...
Two-stroke engines have shorter life due to poorer piston lubrication, since lubrication comes from the fuel-oil mix. Four- ... Cylinder heads are the hottest part of the engine and require adequate cooling, typically air cooling, oil cooling or liquid ... Cylinder lubrication is necessarily total-loss and this inevitably leads to a smokey exhaust, particularly on wide throttle ... Traditionally, engines and gearboxes had separate lubrication systems with different grades of oil; but modern practice is to ...
2009) note that populations from other parts of the continent may also constitute adequate proxies for the ancestors of some ... who invented automatic lubrication devices for steam engines. Granville Woods had 35 patents to improve electric railway ...
Still, Conrad retained a fluency in Polish and French that was more than adequate for ordinary purposes. When at a loss for an ... You cannot by any special lubrication make embroidery with a knitting machine. And the most withering thought is that the ...
Lubrication Technology. Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers (STLE): 30-40. Archived from the original (PDF) on ... Although liquid oxygen is a poor lubricant, it was adequate, since the service life of the pump was just a few hours. The ... Cooling, lubrication, and sealing are thus important parts of the bearing design. The needed bearing lifetime also varies with ... Another major cause of bearing failure is the presence of water in the lubrication oil. Online water-in-oil monitors have been ...
... unsatisfactory vaginal lubrication (75.8%), anxiety about performing sexually (75.8%) and painful intercourse (25.8%). Most ... Teen Study was politically motivated as evidenced by Louis Sullivan's rushed rejection of the study without providing adequate ...
If the patient can achieve adequate muscle relaxation, passive motion tends to be less painful. The patient performs an ... increasing collagen formation and fluid production within the bursa and reduction in the outside layer of lubrication. Less ...
Spinal cord injury
Initial care in the hospital, as in the prehospital setting, aims to ensure adequate airway, breathing, cardiovascular function ... Problems that can occur include erectile dysfunction, loss of ability to ejaculate, insufficient lubrication of the vagina, and ... Treatment starts with restricting further motion of the spine and maintaining adequate blood pressure. Corticosteroids have not ...
Solaris Alpino 8,9 LE
The width was reduced by 15 cm when compared with the Solaris Urbino series, and the desire to preserve adequate headroom in ... By using these solutions such as the central lubrication system and the self-diagnostic KFBS1 Kogel and the maintenance-free ...
Ford later claimed to have performed more than adequate, if not superior, product development and market research work in the ... such as self-adjusting rear brakes and automatic lubrication. While Ford's market research had indicated that these and other ...
Chan, Brian; Balmforth, N. J.; Hosoi, A. E. (2005). "Building a better snail: Lubrication and adhesive locomotion". Phys. ... or for wherever else the supply is adequate. Garden snails can be easily controlled and trapped with a simple ...
Chevrolet small-block engine
... edge-orifice lifters to keep more valvetrain oil in the crankcase for high-rpm lubrication, and stiffer valvesprings. In 1967, ... 55 block's lack of adequate oil filtration leaves it typically only desirable to period collectors. The 1956 ...
Glossary of mechanical engineering
Solid objects will deform when adequate forces are applied to them. If the material is elastic, the object will return to its ... Lubrication - Contents: Top 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z See also References External links Machine ...
41 Long Colt
The bullet lubrication was outside the case. At 0.386-0.388" OD, The base of the bullet was smaller in diameter to fit inside ... 41 LC is adequate for what it was intended; close range self-defense, its drawback had more to do with the heavy double-action ... OD and lengthened the brass case in order to put both the bullet and its lubrication inside the case. The overall length of ...
The transmission brake-given a slight lead when front brakes were fitted-in a drum behind the gearbox might have been adequate ... The new crankshaft ran in five bearings with pressure fed lubrication. A single Zenith carburettor was fitted. The engine's ...
Most VAV hoods integrate a modified bypass-block system that ensures adequate airflow at all sash positions. VAV hoods are ... Annual maintenance Exhaust fan maintenance, (i.e. lubrication, belt tension, fan blade deterioration and rpm), is performed in ... while still providing adequate ventilation rates for acceptable working conditions. The fume hoods serve to evacuate hazardous ...
8 Proven Steps to Healing Leaky Gut Syndrome Naturally | Yuri Elkaim
5. Ensure Adequate Lubrication. I love healthy fats. Though the word fat may scare you, healthy fats which contain omega 3 ... To maintain an adequate amount of hydration one should consume at least 8-10 glasses of fluids in a day. This can be increased ... 3. Adequate Hydration. Hydration is very important for all of our organs to function correctly. A dehydrated body is ... 4. Ensure Adequate Fibre Intake Make no mistake, a fibre rich diet is essential for maintaining gut health. ...
Urinary tract infection (UTI) - myDr.com.au
Patente US20090182310 - System and method for performing an ocular irradiation procedure - Google Patentes
Update: Barrier Protection Against HIV Infection and Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Xylocaine (Lidocaine): Side Effects, Interactions, Warning, Dosage & Uses
Prior to catheterization, smaller volumes of 5 to 10 mL (100 to 200 mg) are usually adequate for lubrication. ... Lubrication For Endotracheal Intubation. Apply a moderate amount of jelly to the external surface of the endotracheal tube ... Prior to sounding or cystoscopy, a penile clamp should be applied for 5 to 10 minutes to obtain adequate anesthesia. A total ... When used for endotracheal tube lubrication care should be taken to avoid introducing the product into the lumen of the tube. ...
Venipuncture PX1 - FDA prescribing information, side effects and uses
Prior to catheterization, smaller volumes of 5 to 10 mL(100 to 200 mg) are usually adequate for lubrication. ... Lubrication for Endotracheal Intubation: Apply a moderate amount of jelly to the external surface of the endotracheal tube ... When used for endotracheal tube lubrication care should be taken to avoid introducing the product into the lumen of the tube. ... Prior to sounding or cystoscopy, a penile clamp should be applied for 5 to 10 minutes to obtain adequate anesthesia. A total ...
Grease Lubrication System in Mumbai - Manufacturers and Suppliers India
Grease Lubrication System verified companies listings from Mumbai with catalogs, phone numbers, addresses, best deals and more ... Find Grease Lubrication System manufacturers, suppliers, dealers, distributors, wholesalers in Mumbai Maharashtra India - ... We are offering fluid greases for centralised lubrication systems. benefits: provide adequate protection against rust and ... Lubrication Systems We are offering microcoat lubrication systems the microcoat is a different type of stock lubrication system ...
my vagina is sore and tight - Sex 101 Question
Cobalt for Soil and Animal Health - The Weston A. Price Foundation
... stimulating adequate eye mucous for lubrication; allowing the cuticle and the nail to grow faster and more soundly; assisting ... Ruminant animals such as cows, sheep, goats and deer can produce vitamin B12 if there is adequate cobalt in the diet. ... Good hay will contain adequate cobalt; Kentucky bluegrass, known to nourish the most magnificent horses, is relatively high in ... or blood tests indicate adequate amounts of cobalt. The best test indicator for cobalt in livestock is a liver analysis. ...
DailyMed - ANESTACON- lidocaine hydrochloride jelly
Prior to catheterization, smaller volumes of 5-10 mL (100-200 mg) are usually adequate for lubrication. ... Lubrication for Endotracheal Intubation. Apply a moderate amount of jelly to the external surface of the endotracheal tube ... When used for endotracheal tube lubrication care should be taken to avoid introducing the product into the lumen of the tube. ... Prior to sounding or cystoscopy, a penile clamp should be applied for 5 to 10 minutes to obtain adequate anesthesia. A total ...
DailyMed - LIDOCAINE HCI jelly
... are usually adequate for lubrication. ... There are, however, no adequate and well-controlled studies in ... Lubrication for endotracheal intubation. Apply a moderate amount of jelly to the external surface of the endotracheal tube ... When used for endotracheal tube lubrication, care should be taken to avoid introducing the product into the lumen of the tube. ... Prior to sounding or cystoscopy, a penile clamp should be applied for 5 to 10 minutes to obtain adequate anesthesia. If the ...
Genito-Pelvic Pain or Penetration Disorder (Sexual Pain Disorder) | Psychology Today
1993 Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines
Ensure that there is adequate lubrication during intercourse, possibly requiring the use of exogenous lubricants. ... Although adequate research-based evidence is not available, published case reports and expert opinion suggest that HIV-infected ... Should tests with adequate sensitivity and specificity become commercially available, it might be possible to accurately ... Aged penicillin is not an adequate source of minor determinants. Penicillin G should be freshly prepared or should come from a ...
Endoscopic Brow Lift: Background, History of the Procedure, Problem
The ocular surface toxicity of paraquat | British Journal of Ophthalmology
Using Thermal Imaging to Solve Lubrication Problems
In these cases, qualitative techniques may be more than adequate.. Comparative Quantitative Thermography. The comparative ... Using Thermal Imaging to Solve Lubrication Problems. Leith Hitchcock, Shell Tags: industrial lubricants Thermography can be ... Machinery Lubrication spoke with several users of infrared cameras. They include John Bankhead, president of Reliability ... They detect when motor bearings are drying up, when they need lubrication and when they should be replaced. IRT is actually ...
Bi-Modal Failure Mechanism of Rolling Contact Bearings
It is highly recommended to keep lubrication oils water-free. The best method for dehydration of lubrication oils is by passing ... These tests simulate the process in RC bearings and can be utilized for selection of adequate bearing materials. ... Kuhnell, E.T. (2004) Machinery Lubrication Engineering.  Heymann, F.J. (1992) Interlaboratory Test Study for Revised Method ... Accordingly, lubrication oils should be dehydrated and kept water-free during their planned service life. Several dehydration ...
Sjögren's Syndrome Treatment | Johns Hopkins Medicine Health Library
Myth-information about your vision
Spinal cord injury - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic
Middle of the night sever eye pain, dry eye feeling. This is happening for last 2 weeks. Some nights more painful then
Anyone know how to remove ethanol from gasoline? - Topic
Sea-Doo 3D 2004 Reviews,performance,compare,price,warranty, specs,Reports,Specifications Layout, video | BoatTEST.com
Patent US3919719 - Surface lubrication of magnetic media - Google Patents
3) is typically in the range from as low as a monomolecular layer, and need by only molecularly thin to impart adequate ... excellent lubrication and wetting properties. While it is possible to properly apply the liquid coating 12b with the use of a ... The lubrication thus becomes part of the magnetic coating. These lubricants have been identified as a major source of problems ... 11, 1975 SURFACE LUBRICATION OF MAGNETIC MEDIA The invention described herein was made in the performance of work under NASA ...
Condoms: Barriers to Bad News | Birth Control Information for Teens
Swollen labia: Causes, symptoms, and treatment
Patent US6338906 - Metal-infiltrated ceramic seal - Google Patents
In situations where lubrication and wear are important the Ra or Rq values are not adequate descriptors. A surface may have ... The service life of a seal is controlled largely by the state of lubrication at the place of contact. If a full-film layer of ... It is also easier to develop full-film lubrication because it does not need to be as thick to separate the two materials and ... The surface topography of the materials contributes to the type of lubrication that will be present in a seal. A profilometer ...
Gynecologic Examination for Adolescents in the Pediatric Office Setting | American Academy of Pediatrics
Teenagers need to be counseled that shaving should be performed carefully with adequate lubrication to minimize trauma. In ... Warm running water is helpful to provide lubrication for the speculum before insertion. Jelly lubricants should not be used on ... However, the examination should be performed only when there is adequate time allotted, particularly if it is the patients ... a blind vaginal swab is sufficient for obtaining an adequate sample for diagnosing these infections. Visualizing the cervix ...
Poking... Bloody sex? - Forum on Safe Sex and HIV Prevention -- TheBody.com
VaginaJoint lubricationInadequate lubricationLubricantJointsInabilityConnectiveIntercourseNutrientsBearingsVasocongestionStimulationImproperGreaseFilm thicknessCushionSalivaProperDigestionHydrationEstrogenArtificialFluidGlandsErectionSevereLackProvideMaintainEnsureJellyReducesFrictionSurfaceBody'sTissuesSexual activityAnalyticalDecreaseVegetablesSystemSealsHelpsSegmentAmounts
- Adequate foreplay and stimulation will help to ensure proper lubrication of the vagina. (epnet.com)
- Without adequate estrogen, your vagina will lose its elasticity and lubrication. (verywell.com)
- Lack of lubrication The vagina may feel dry in the presence of a yeast infection. (cancersupportivecare.com)
- This lubrication, on the other hand, is necessary to promote a satisfactory and enjoyable sensation of massage during the intercourse, instead of a sensation of irritation that can be produced by a dry vagina. (cerebromente.org.br)
- The anus does not produce natural lubrication as the vagina does, so lubricant should always be used when engaging in anal intercourse. (wikibooks.org)
- For women, some changes from when they were younger may include: less vasocongestion, inadequate lubrication, less expansion of the vagina, taking longer for arousal, less muscle contractions during orgasm, and/or less frequent orgasms. (ucsb.edu)
- According to new research, FSAD may be due to factors such as vascular and clitoral erectile insufficiency syndrome which means there is insufficient blood flow to the female sexual tissues (clitoris, vagina, urethra) to enable the necessary lubrication and engorgement for satisfactory sexual activity. (news24.com)
- Pets need adequate water to ensure proper organ function, joint lubrication and food digestion. (wellnesspetfood.com)
- Sulfur may promote joint flexibility due to its role in supporting joint lubrication and movement. (vitanetonline.com)
- Dehydration negatively affects important bodily functions, including toxin elimination, delivery of nutrients and oxygen to the cells of the body, energy production, and joint lubrication. (healthgrades.com)
- Inadequate lubrication. (plantengineering.com)
- The diagnosis can also refer to an inadequate lubrication-swelling response normally present during arousal and sexual activity causing personal distress. (globenewswire.com)
- Inadequate lubrication (less production of vaginal fluids) may occur, and vaginal lubrication may take longer. (ucsb.edu)
- Temperature is also one of the key causes and symptoms of lubricant degradation and loss of lubrication function within a machine. (machinerylubrication.com)
- Often the lubrication regime is characterized by the specific film thickness defined as the ratio of lubricant film thickness to the composite surface roughness. (geartechnology.com)
- applications: universal joints, geared motors, enclosed gearboxes with high loads, where lubrication is essentially provided by centralized lubrication systems. (exportersindia.com)
- Lubrication of joints to relieve tension during weight lifting. (jointhealthmagazine.com)
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a special protein that our bodies produce to lubricate and cushion our joints and muscles, as well as to insure adequate skin hydration. (foreverliving.com)
- With less HA, our joints can lose their natural lubrication, and our skin appears rough and dry. (foreverliving.com)
- therefore, water is essential to regulate body temperature, provide lubrication for joints, help blood flow, regulate blood pressure, keep body systems functioning properly and keep skin elastic. (healthy.net)
- This helps in the lubrication of the joints and restoration of the lost cartilage. (padmaresortbali.com)
- Patients with dry eyes may have an inability to produce adequate amount or quality of tears leading to a disruption in their tear film. (wikipedia.org)
- To date, no product has been approved in the U.S. to treat FSAD, a persistent or recurring inability to attain or maintain adequate sexual excitement until the completion of a sexual activity. (globenewswire.com)
- Women with this sexual dysfunction disorder experience inability to achieve or maintain an adequate "lubrication-swelling response of sexual excitement. (behavenet.com)
- Female sexual arousal disorder (i.e., inability to complete sexual activity with adequate lubrication) occurs in approximately 5 percent of U.S. women. (aafp.org)
- inability to respond to stimulation or maintain lubrication. (news24.com)
- It is defined as the persistent or recurrent inability to attain, or to maintain until completion of sexual activity, an adequate lubrication - swelling response of sexual excitement. (news24.com)
- Without adequate HA, the body's most important connective structures can break down. (nutritionexpress.com)
- Also, applying adequate artificial lubrication to both partners can help prevent painful intercourse. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- This mucus, together with great quantity of mucus produced by the vaginal mucosity is responsible for the adequate lubrication during the sexual intercourse. (cerebromente.org.br)
- For others, these may not be appropriate and the answer may lie in using adequate lubrication during intercourse. (zocdoc.com)
- They may also complain of pain or spasms of vaginal wall during intercourse and/or lack of adequate lubrication. (medindia.net)
- 11. Insure there is adequate lubrication for sexual intercourse. (healthtap.com)
- Comprehensive vitamins and minerals supplement that deliver adequate nutrients to the cartilage and tendon, thus promoting optimum joint health. (jointhealthmagazine.com)
- Long life lubrication to bearings. (exportersindia.com)
- Without adequate lubrication, journal bearings would fail due to the excessive heat caused by friction. (wikipedia.org)
- SKF supplies certain needle roller / cylindrical roller thrust bearings capped with a stamped steel cover over the thrust part of the bearing ( fig. 4 , designation suffix Z). The cover, which has no lubrication holes, forms a gap-type seal to retain the grease in the bearing. (skf.com)
- The needle roller bearing used in combined bearings has an annular groove with one lubrication hole in the outer ring. (skf.com)
- For females, some changes may include lower vasocongestion , decreased natural lubrication , decreased vaginal elasticity , increased time needed for arousal , and less frequent or powerful orgasms. (ucsb.edu)
- As females age, they experience a decrease in vasocongestion and natural lubrication. (ucsb.edu)
- It can also be caused by not having enough lubrication because of a lack of sexual arousal and stimulation. (epnet.com)
- Good blood flow is necessary to have adequate sexual arousal and stimulation in both men and women. (brightfuturesforfamilies.org)
- Likewise, a woman must have adequate blood flow "downstairs" for proper lubrication and enhancement of stimulation. (blackdoctor.org)
- Possible causes can include: physiological complications such as impaired blood flow or nerve damage to the sexual tissue, or it may be secondary to a disease or may be lack of adequate stimulation from a partner. (news24.com)
- These thermal anomalies are usually caused by such mechanisms as operation, improper lubrication, misalignment, worn components or mechanical loading anomalies. (machinerylubrication.com)
- Incompatibility of old grease with re-lubrication grease can create a problem. (thomsonlinear.com)
- The lubrication oil film thickness was also measured simultaneously at the mid stroke of the ring travel using a laser fluorescence technique. (sae.org)
- A cushion of fat is a sign of "youthfulness," ensures adequate levator function, and decreases the possibility of postoperative scarring. (springer.com)
- The mucosa is rich in mucus-secreting glands, which together with saliva ensure adequate lubrication for the purposes of speech and mastication. (britannica.com)
- Adequate fibre in your diet ensures that gut motility is maintained, digestion is supported and that your gut wall is protected. (yurielkaim.com)
- Its purpose is to aid digestion and to act as a lubrication in the intestines. (ehow.co.uk)
- Mastication is not essential for adequate digestion. (britannica.com)
- To maintain an adequate amount of hydration one should consume at least 8-10 glasses of fluids in a day. (yurielkaim.com)
- Vaginal tissue stays lubricated thanks to adequate estrogen levels. (healthination.com)
- Any drop in estrogen can lead to a drop in natural lubrication. (healthination.com)
- When applied a couple times a week, estrogen cream can usually improve natural vaginal lubrication, according to Dr. Wu. (healthination.com)
- a) inadequate estrogen effect (b) lack of adequate sexual arousal. (cancersupportivecare.com)
- We are offering fluid greases for centralised lubrication systems. (exportersindia.com)
- The oil glands do not supply adequate lubrication to the skin. (targetwoman.com)
- When a man has the desire for sex, to get things started he must have adequate blood flow to his sexual organs in order to achieve and maintain an erection. (blackdoctor.org)
- Without adequate water, your pet can become dehydrated or even experience severe health issues, including urinary and kidney problems, or even death. (wellnesspetfood.com)
- In relation to signs, the earliest clinical sign of PEM is the lack of adequate weight gain. (encyclopedia.com)
- Dry eyes are caused by a lack of adequate tears. (mayoclinic.org)
- Females who lack adequate lubrication may consider investing in a synthetic, water-based lubrication, such as KY Jelly, to reduce friction and increase overall pleasure during sexual activity. (ucsb.edu)
- Dry eye occurs when there is a chronic lack of sufficient tear lubrication to naturally moisture the eye. (firmoo.com)
- In addition to patients' reluctance to initiate a conversation about sex, obstacles for physicians include a lack of adequate training and confidence, a perception that there are few treatment options, inadequate time to obtain a sexual history, and underestimation of the prevalence of sexual dysfunction. (aafp.org)
- For example, foods rich in zinc and vitamin E have been associated with an increased production of testosterone, but due to increasingly nutrient-depleted soil, many American foods, including fruits and vegetables, lack adequate amounts of these essential elements. (blackdoctor.org)
- benefits: provide adequate protection against rust and resist water washout. (exportersindia.com)
- Carboxymethylcellulose sodium adjusts the resulting mixture to a suitable consistency, to enhance contact with mucosa and provide lubrication for instrumentation. (nih.gov)
- Dry eyes is a common condition that occurs when your tears aren't able to provide adequate lubrication for your eyes. (mayoclinic.org)
- when necessary, release of collodion membrane on digits to maintain circulation and on the thorax for adequate respiration. (nih.gov)
- If you follow a healthy diet, get adequate daily exercise, and incorporate some type of mind-body practice into your routine you will be able to maintain (or achieve) a healthy weight after surgical management of PMDD. (verywell.com)
- You will need to maintain a healthy weight and get adequate exercise. (verywell.com)
- To maintain adequate lubrication and swelling of the small portion of the. (bigsurlandtrust.org)
- Lidocaine HCl 2% Jelly also contains hypromellose, and the resulting mixture maximizes contact with mucosa and provides lubrication for instrumentation. (drugs.com)
- Lidocaine Hydrochloride Jelly USP, 2% (Anestacon ® ) also contains hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, and the resulting mixture maximizes contact with mucosa and provides lubrication for instrumentation. (nih.gov)
- A penile clamp is then applied for several minutes at the corona and then additional jelly (about 15 mL) can be instilled for adequate anesthesia. (globalrph.com)
- It will, however, cause you to blink less frequently and that reduces lubrication. (floridatoday.com)
- BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION All magnetic tapes require some form of lubrication in order to reduce the coefficient of friction generated with tape motion relative to a fixed magnetic recording head, for example. (google.com)
- A key step toward this goal is to develop a better understanding of the apex seal lubrication to reduce oil injection while reducing friction and maintaining adequate wear. (sae.org)
- 10 Claims, 7 Drawing Figures U.S., Patent Nov. 11, 1975 SURFACE LUBRICATION OF MAGNETIC MEDIA The invention described herein was made in the performance of work under NASA Contract Number NAS 5-21623 and is subject to the provisions of Section 305 of the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958, Public Law 85-568 (72 Stat. 435', 42 U.S.C. 2457). (google.com)
- Dehydration is an abnormal condition in which the body's cells are deprived of an adequate amount of water. (healthgrades.com)
- 1. Anal sex, particularly without adequate lubrication, can cause damage to the delicate rectal tissues. (thebody.com)
- First, adequate lubrication is required to prevent condoms from stopping during sexual activity. (sooperarticles.com)
- An overview of recommended analytical procedures to assure adequate long-term hydraulic and lubrication performance is provided. (machinerylubrication.com)
- The pharmacopoeial based specifications and analytical methods with validation are considered adequate for controlling the quality of this finished pharmaceutical product at release and during shelf life. (who.int)
- Viscous lidocaine may somewhat decrease the discomfort for men, but lubrication appears to be more important for patient tolerance. (medscape.com)
- Our organization is involved in supplying an eclectic array of products out of which is centralised lubrication system. (exportersindia.com)
- Research described in this work relates to tribological properties of fatty acids and fatty acids mixtures and aims at providing more information on and better understanding of the wear process in the presence of low-sulfur fractions containing these substances at very low concentration under boundary lubrication conditions in the steel-on-steel system. (sae.org)
- The installation of wipers or seals is used to contain internal lubrication and repel external contamination. (thomsonlinear.com)
- Harvesting the intestinal segment provides for reliable achievement of adequate depth. (hindawi.com)
- The ability of your body to make adequate amounts of testosterone is based on the raw ingredients that you feed your body through the food you eat. (blackdoctor.org)
- In addition, the typical American diet lacks adequate amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, which are the essential building blocks the body uses to make testosterone from scratch. (blackdoctor.org)
- As mentioned above, sources of food rich in omega-3 fatty acids not only increase your desire for sex by allowing your body to make adequate amounts of testosterone, but they also reduce plaque buildup in arteries, thereby improving circulation, increasing sensation, and helping you avoid a stroke or heart attack. (blackdoctor.org)