Thorium. A radioactive element of the actinide series of metals. It has an atomic symbol Th, atomic number 90, and atomic weight 232.04. It is used as fuel in nuclear reactors to produce fissionable uranium isotopes. Because of its radioopacity, various thorium compounds are used to facilitate visualization in roentgenography.
Trypsin Inhibitor, Kunitz Soybean
Sialic Acid Binding Ig-like Lectin 3
A 67-kDa sialic acid binding lectin that is specific for MYELOID CELLS and MONOCYTE-MACROPHAGE PRECURSOR CELLS. This protein is the smallest siglec subtype and contains a single immunoglobulin C2-set domain. It may play a role in intracellular signaling via its interaction with SHP-1 PROTEIN-TYROSINE PHOSPHATASE and SHP-2 PROTEIN-TYROSINE PHOSPHATASE.
A progressive, malignant disease of the blood-forming organs, characterized by distorted proliferation and development of leukocytes and their precursors in the blood and bone marrow. Leukemias were originally termed acute or chronic based on life expectancy but now are classified according to cellular maturity. Acute leukemias consist of predominately immature cells; chronic leukemias are composed of more mature cells. (From The Merck Manual, 2006)
Preparation of alpha-emitting 213Bi-labeled antibody constructs for clinical use. (1/23)Preclinical evaluation of alpha particle-emitting 213Bi-labeled antibody constructs have demonstrated the specificity and potency of these agents in a variety of cancer systems. The transition of a 213Bi-radiolabeled antibody from a preclinical construct to a clinical drug represented a difficult task that involved development of reliable and validated methods to provide multiple MBq quantities of a pure, immunoreactive agent that met pharmaceutical standards to treat patients. METHODS: The methods used for the preparation of (213Bi)CHX-A-diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid (DTPA)-HuM195, an alpha particle-emitting anti-CD33 antibody construct for therapy of myeloid leukemias, is used as a specific example. This article describes methods for reagent purification, drug labeling, radioprotection and chromatographic purification. Quality of the drug is evaluated using radiochemical incorporation and purity assays with instant thin-layer chromatography (ITLC) and high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), determination of cell-based antibody total immunereactivity, small animal safety, pyrogen level, sterility and radionuclidic purity. RESULTS: Sixty-seven doses were prepared. Individual doses ranged from 148 to 814 MBq. Specific activities ranged from 329 to 766 MBq/mg. The radiolabeling efficiency (median +/- SD) of CHX-A-DTPA-HuM195 with 213Bi was 81% +/- 9% (n = 67) after 9 min. The construct was purified by size-exclusion chromatography and was found to be 99% +/- 2% pure (n = 67) by either ITLC or HPLC methods. The immunoreactivity of (213Bi)CHX-A-DTPA-HuM195 was 89% +/- 9% (n = 44) and was independent of the specific activity. The formulated pharmaceutical was found to contain < or =4 +/- 1 EU/mL pyrogens (n = 66); all samples examined were sterile. An 225Ac radionuclidic impurity was present at a level of 0.04 +/- 0.03 x 10(-6)/mL (n = 10) in a product volume of 7.4 +/- 0.5 mL (n = 67). Each of the 67 doses was injected intravenously into patients without complication as part of a phase I clinical trial. CONCLUSION: These data show that 213Bi-labeled antibody constructs can be prepared and administered safely to humans at a wide range of therapeutic levels. (+info)
Tumor therapy with targeted atomic nanogenerators. (2/23)A single, high linear energy transfer alpha particle can kill a target cell. We have developed methods to target molecular-sized generators of alpha-emitting isotope cascades to the inside of cancer cells using actinium-225 coupled to internalizing monoclonal antibodies. In vitro, these constructs specifically killed leukemia, lymphoma, breast, ovarian, neuroblastoma, and prostate cancer cells at becquerel (picocurie) levels. Injection of single doses of the constructs at kilobecquerel (nanocurie) levels into mice bearing solid prostate carcinoma or disseminated human lymphoma induced tumor regression and prolonged survival, without toxicity, in a substantial fraction of animals. Nanogenerators targeting a wide variety of cancers may be possible. (+info)
Targeted actinium-225 in vivo generators for therapy of ovarian cancer. (3/23)Advanced ovarian cancer is largely incurable, but initially it is frequently confined to the i.p. space. We explored i.p. radioimmunotherapy in a mouse model of human ovarian cancer. Use of a targeted actinium-225 ((225)Ac) in vivo generator of alpha particles exploits the extreme, selective cytotoxicity of alpha particles, while providing a feasible half-life to enable delivery to tumor. (225)Ac chelated with 2-(p-isothiocyanatobenzyl)-1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane-1,4,7,10 tetraacetic acid was conjugated to trastuzumab, an anti-HER-2/neu antibody. The radioimmunoconjugate was tested for immunoreactivity, internalization, and cytotoxicity using a human ovarian carcinoma cell line, SKOV3. (225)Ac-labeled trastuzumab retained immunoreactivity (50-90%), rapidly internalized into cells (50% at 2 h), and had an ED(50) of 1.3 nCi/ml after 4 days of incubation in vitro. i.p. administered (225)Ac- or (111)In-labeled trastuzumab behaved similarly with high tumor uptake [56-60% injected dose per gram (% ID/g) at 4 h, which increased to 65-70% ID/g at 24 h]. Tumor uptake was 3-5-fold higher than liver and spleen, the normal organs with the highest uptake. i.v. administration of (111)In-labeled trastuzumab produced slightly higher normal organ uptake compared with i.p.-administered (111)In-labeled trastuzumab. However, tumor uptake was low, 5%-26% ID/g. Therapy was examined with native trastuzumab and 220, 330, and 450 nCi of (225)Ac-labeled trastuzumab or (225)Ac-labeled control antibody at different dosing schedules. Therapy was initiated 9 days after tumor seeding. Groups of control mice and those administered native trastuzumab had median survivals of 33 and 37 or 44 days, respectively. Median survival was 52-126 days with (225)Ac-labeled trastuzumab at various doses and schedules, and 48-64 days for (225)Ac-labeled control the same schedules. Deaths from toxicity occurred with the highest activity levels. In conclusion, i.p. administration with a (225)Ac-labeled internalizing anti-HER-2/neu antibody can extend survival significantly in a nude mouse model of human ovarian cancer at levels that produce no apparent gross toxicity. (+info)
Pharmacokinetics, dosimetry, and toxicity of the targetable atomic generator, 225Ac-HuM195, in nonhuman primates. (4/23)Short-lived alpha-emitting isotopes individually conjugated to monoclonal antibodies have now reached human use, but little is still known about their toxicity. Use of antibody targetable (225)Ac nanogenerators is a new approach in the field of alpha-immunotherapy offering the advantage of a 10-d half-life (t(1/2)) and increased potency due to generation of 3 new atoms, yielding a total of 4 alpha-particles. However, the 3 alpha-emitting daughter elements generated have the potential for significant toxicity as these nuclides are no longer bound to the carrier IgG. METHODS: Cynomolgus monkeys were used to evaluate the toxicity of prototype (225)Ac nanogenerators. Monoclonal antibody HuM195 (anti-CD33) is the carrier for planned human clinical trials of (225)Ac; there are no CD33 sites in cynomolgus monkeys. In one experiment, 2 monkeys received a single intravenous dose of (225)Ac-HuM195 at 28 kBq/kg. This dose level is approximately the planned initial human dose. In another experiment, 2 animals received a dose escalation schedule of 3 increasing (225)Ac-HuM195 doses with a cumulative activity of 377 kBq/kg. The whole-blood t(1/2) of (225)Ac, ratios of (225)Ac to its ultimate alpha-emitting daughter nuclide (213)Bi, generation of monkey anti-HuM195 antibodies (MAHA), hematologic indices, serum biochemistries, and clinical parameters were measured. Monkeys were euthanized and examined histopathologically when the dose escalation reached toxicity. RESULTS: The blood t(1/2) of (225)Ac-HuM195 was 12 d, and 45% of generated (213)Bi daughters were cleared from the blood. MAHA production was not detected. Approximately 28 kBq/kg of (225)Ac caused no toxicity at 6 mo, whereas a cumulative dose of approximately 377 kBq/kg caused severe toxicity. In the cumulative dosing schedule, single doses of approximately 37 kBq/kg resulted in no toxicity at 6 wk. After approximately 130 kBq/kg were administered, no toxicity was observed for 13 wk. However, 28 wk after this second dose administration, mild anemia and increases of blood urea nitrogen and creatinine were detected. After administration of an additional 185 kBq/kg, toxicity became clinically apparent. Monkeys were euthanized 13 and 19 wk after the third dose administration (cumulative dose was 377 kBq/kg). Histopathologic evaluation revealed mainly renal tubular damage associated with interstitial fibrosis. CONCLUSION: (225)Ac nanogenerators may result in renal toxicity and anemia at high doses. The longer blood t(1/2) and the lack of target cell antigens in cynomolgus monkeys may increase toxicity compared with human application. Therefore, a dose level of at least 28 kBq/kg may be a safe starting dose in humans. Hematologic and renal function will require close surveillance during clinical trials. (+info)
Engineered liposomes for potential alpha-particle therapy of metastatic cancer. (5/23)Disseminated, metastatic cancer is frequently incurable. Targeted alpha-particle emitters hold great promise as therapeutic agents for disseminated disease. (225)Ac is a radionuclide generator that has a 10-d half-life and results in alpha-emitting daughter elements ((221)Fr, (217)At, (213)Bi) that lead to the emission of a total of 4 alpha-particles. The aim of this study was to develop approaches for stable and controlled targeting of (225)Ac to sites of disseminated tumor metastases. Liposomes with encapsulated (225)Ac were developed to retain the potentially toxic daughters at the tumor site. METHODS: (225)Ac was passively entrapped in liposomes. To experimentally test the retention of actinium and its daughters by the liposomes, the gamma-emissions of (213)Bi were measured in liposome fractions, which were separated from the parent liposome population and the free radionuclides, at different times. Under equilibrium conditions the decay rate of (213)Bi was used to determine the concentration of (225)Ac. Measurements of the kinetics of (213)Bi activity were performed to estimate the entrapment of (213)Bi, the last alpha-emitting daughter in the decay chain. RESULTS: Stable pegylated phosphatidylcholine-cholesterol liposomes of different sizes and charge were prepared. Multiple (more than 2) (225)Ac atoms were successfully entrapped per liposome. (225)Ac retention by zwitterionic liposomes was more than 88% over 30 d. Retention by cationic liposomes was lower. A theoretical calculation showed that for satisfactory (213)Bi retention (>50%), liposomes of relatively large sizes (>650 nm in diameter) are required. (213)Bi retention was experimentally verified to be liposome-size dependent. For large liposomes, the measured (213)Bi retention was lower than theoretically predicted (less than 10%). CONCLUSION: This work supports the hypothesis that it may be possible to develop (225)Ac-based therapies by delivering multiple (225)Ac atoms in liposomes. Improvements in the retention of (225)Ac daughters will likely be necessary to fulfill this potential. Because of the size of the liposomal structures required to contain the daughters, the approach is ideally suited for locoregional therapy (e.g., intraperitoneal, intrahepatic artery, or intrathecal). (+info)
Thorium and actinium polyphosphonate compounds as bone-seeking alpha particle-emitting agents. (6/23)The present study explores the use of alpha-particle-emitting, bone-seeking agents as candidates for targeted radiotherapy. Actinium and thorium 1,4,7,10 tetraazacyclododecane N,N',N'',N''' 1,4,7,10-tetra(methylene) phosphonic acid (DOTMP) and thorium-diethylene triamine N,N',N'' penta(methylene) phosphonic acid (DTMP) were prepared and their biodistribution evaluated in conventional Balb/C mice at four hours after injection. All three bone-seeking agents showed a high uptake in bone and a low uptake in soft tissues. Among the soft tissue organs, only kidney had a relatively high uptake. The femur/kidney ratios for 227Th-DTMP, 228-Ac-DOTMP and 227Th-DOTMP were 14.2, 7.6 and 6.0, respectively. A higher liver uptake of 228Ac-DOTMP was seen than for 227Th-DTMP and 227Th-DOTMP. This suggests that some demetallation of the 228Ac-DOTMP complex had occurred. The results indicate that 225Ac-DOTMP, 227Th-DOTMP and 227Th-DTMP have promising properties as potential therapeutic bone-seeking agents. (+info)
Alpha-particle emitting atomic generator (Actinium-225)-labeled trastuzumab (herceptin) targeting of breast cancer spheroids: efficacy versus HER2/neu expression. (7/23)PURPOSE: The humanized monoclonal antibody, trastuzumab (Herceptin), directed against HER2/neu, has been effective in the treatment of breast cancer malignancies. However, clinical activity has depended on HER2/neu expression. Radiolabeled trastuzumab has been considered previously as a potential agent for radioimmunotherapy. The objective of this study was to investigate the efficacy of trastuzumab labeled with the alpha-particle emitting atomic generator, actinium-225 ((225)Ac), against breast cancer spheroids with different HER2/neu expression levels. (225)Ac has a 10-day half-life and a decay scheme yielding four alpha-particles. EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN: The breast carcinoma cell lines MCF7, MDA-MB-361 (MDA), and BT-474 (BT) with relative HER2/neu expression (by flow cytometry) of 1:4:18 were used. Spheroids of these cell lines were incubated with different concentrations of (225)Ac-trastuzumab, and spheroid growth was measured by light microscopy over a 50-day period. RESULTS: The activity concentration required to yield a 50% reduction in spheroid volume at day 35 was 18.1, 1.9, and 0.6 kBq/ml (490, 52, 14 nCi/ml) for MCF7, MDA, and BT spheroids, respectively. MCF7 spheroids continued growing but with a 20-30 day growth delay at 18.5 kBq/ml. MDA spheroid growth was delayed by 30-40 days at 3.7 kBq/ml; at 18.5 kBq/ml, 12 of 12 spheroids disaggregated after 70, days and cells remaining from each spheroid failed to form colonies within 2 weeks of being transferred to adherent dishes. Eight of 10 BT spheroids failed to regrow at 1.85 kBq/ml. All of the BT spheroids at activity concentrations 3.7 kBq/ml failed to regrow and to form colonies. The radiosensitivity of these three lines as spheroids was evaluated as the activity concentration required to reduce the treated to untreated spheroid volume ratio to 0.37, denoted DVR(37). An external beam radiosensitivity of 2 Gy was found for spheroids of all three of the cell lines. After alpha-particle irradiation a DVR(37) of 1.5, 3.0, and 2.0 kBq/ml was determined for MCF7, MDA, and BT, respectively. CONCLUSION: These studies suggest that (225)Ac-labeled trastuzumab may be a potent therapeutic agent against metastatic breast cancer cells exhibiting intermediate to high HER2/neu expression. (+info)
Treatment of neuroblastoma meningeal carcinomatosis with intrathecal application of alpha-emitting atomic nanogenerators targeting disialo-ganglioside GD2. (8/23)Labeling of specific antibodies with bifunctional chelated Actinium-225 ((225)Ac; an alpha generator) allows the formation of new, highly potent and selective alpha-emitting anticancer drugs. We synthesized and evaluated a radioimmunoconjugate based on 3F8, an IgG(3) antibody that specifically binds to ganglioside GD2, which is overexpressed by many neuroectodermal tumors including neuroblastoma. The (225)Ac-1,4,7,10-tetra-azacylododecane (DOTA)-3F8 construct was evaluated for radiochemical purity and sterility, immunoreactivity, cytotoxicity in vitro, induction of apoptosis on GD2-positive cells, as well as for pharmacological biodistribution and metabolism of the (225)Ac generator and its daughters in a nude mouse xenograft model of neuroblastoma. The (225)Ac-3F8 showed an IC(50) of 3 Bq/ml (80 pCi/ml) on the neuroblastoma cell line, NMB7, in vitro. Apoptosis of these cells was not observed. Biodistribution in mice showed specific targeting of a subcutaneous tumor; there was redistribution of the (225)Ac daughter nuclides mainly from blood to kidneys and to small intestine. Toxicity was examined in cynomolgus monkeys. Monkeys injected with 1 to 3 doses of intrathecal (225)Ac-3F8 radioimmunoconjugate (80 to 150 kBq/kg total dose) did not show signs of toxicity based on blood chemistry, complete blood counts, or by clinical evaluations. Therapeutic efficacy of intrathecal (225)Ac-3F8 was studied in a nude rat xenograft model of meningeal carcinomatosis. The (225)Ac-3F8 treatment improved survival 2-fold from 16 to 34 days (P = 0.01). In conclusion, in vivo alpha generators targeted by 3F8 warrant additional study as a possible new approach to the treatment of carcinomatous meningitis. (+info)
Financial News Media | Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Awarded Grant by National Institutes of Health to Study Novel Iomab-ACT...
NIH grant to support first of its kind clinical trial to use Antibody Radio-Conjugate for targeted conditioning prior to CAR T-cell therapy in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. ARC-based targeted lymphodepletion is intended to improve CAR T-cell patient outcomes by selectively depleting immune cells, including those implicated in CAR T-cell toxicities. Actinium to host Iomab-ACT program update call on October 22, 2020 at 8:00 AM EST. NEW YORK, NY - October 21, 2020 - Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE AMERICAN: ATNM) (Actinium or the Company) today announced that the National Institutes of Health has awarded Actinium a Small Business Technology Transfer grant to support a clinical collaboration with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) to study Iomab-ACT, Actiniums CD45-targeting Antibody Radio-Conjugate, for targeted conditioning to achieve lymphodepletion prior to administration of a CD19-targeted CAR T-cell therapy developed at MSK. ...
Actinium Pharmaceuticals Further Strengthens Team Adding an Accomplished Finance and Corporate Development Professional
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - October 13, 2015) - Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE MKT: ATNM) (Actinium or the Company) is a biopharmaceutical Company developing innovative targeted payload immunotherapeutics for the treatment of advanced cancers. Actinium announced today the appointment of Steve OLoughlin to the position of Senior Director of Finance and...
Actinium Announces Acceptance of Actimab-A Data for Poster Presentation at American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting -...
From BioPortfolio: NEW YORK, Oct. 19, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE MKT:ATNM) ("Actinium" or "the Company"), a biopharmaceutica...
Targeted Atomic Nano-Generators (Actinium-225-Labeled Humanized Anti-CD33 Monoclonal Antibody HuM195) in Patients With Advanced...
The purpose of this study is to find a safe dose of actinium-225 when it is labeled to HuM195. This will be done with a phase I trial, in which a preset schedule of doses gets more powerful for each new group of patients as the trial progresses. If too many serious side effects are seen with a certain dose, no one will be treated with a higher dose, and some additional patients may be treated with a lower dose to make sure that this dose is safe. The starting dose of actinium-225 in this study is less than doses that are known to be safe in animals.. Antibodies are proteins that are produced by the immune system and help the body to fight foreign substances, such as bacteria or viruses. HuM195 was made by putting human leukemia cells into mice. Most of the mouse parts of this antibody were replaced with human parts. Only the part of the antibody that binds to the leukemia cells was kept from the mouse. HuM195 attaches to leukemia cells but does not attach to most normal cells. It can kill ...
Nanogenerators Harvest Energy from Body, Monitor Heart Health | Medgadget
Wearable medical devices such as continuous heart rate monitors, insulin pumps, and neural stimulators usually need access to an electric power source in order to function. While theres a great deal of wasted energy that our body emits that can be harvested to power such devices, making it actually happen using biocompatible materials has proven to be challenging. Now, a team of engineers at Purdue University has shown that polyvinyl alcohol (PVA), one of the most common polymers used in biomedicine, can be used to produce efficient triboelectric nanogenerators (TENGs) that can also act as cardiac activity monitors.. The PVA-based TENGs show great potential for self-powered biomedical devices and open doors to new technologies that use widely deployed biocompatible materials for economically feasible and ecologically friendly production of functional devices in energy, electronics and sensor applications, said Wenzhuo Wu, the leader of the research team. We transform PVA, one of the most ...
Shape adaptable and highly resilient 3D braided triboelectric nanogenerators as e-textiles for power and sensing | Nature...
Combining traditional textiles with triboelectric nanogenerators (TENGs) gives birth to self-powered electronic textiles (e-textiles). However, there are two bottlenecks in their widespread application, low power output and poor sensing capability. Herein, by means of the three-dimensional five-directional braided (3DB) structure, a TENG-based e-textile with the features of high flexibility, shape adaptability, structural integrity, cyclic washability, and superior mechanical stability, is designed for power and sensing. Due to the spatial frame-column structure formed between the outer braided yarn and inner axial yarn, the 3DB-TENG is also endowed with high compression resilience, enhanced power output, improved pressure sensitivity, and vibrational energy harvesting ability, which can power miniature wearable electronics and respond to tiny weight variations. Furthermore, an intelligent shoe and an identity recognition carpet are demonstrated to verify its performance. This study hopes to provide a
Triboelectric nanogenerators boost mass spectrometry performance
Triboelectric nanogenerators (TENG) convert mechanical energy harvested from the environment to electricity for powering small devices such as sensors or for recharging consumer electronics. Now, researchers have harnessed ...
Fully bio-based epoxidized soybean oil thermosets for high performance triboelectric nanogenerators - Green Chemistry (RSC...
For the first time, fully bio-derived thermosets have been synthesized from abundantly available, low cost, renewable feedstocks through a simple, solvent-free and catalytic process for the fabrication of triboelectric nanogenerators (TENGs) for sustainable power generation. Thermoset films synthesized from
SSRL HEADLINES August 2016
X-ray Research on Short-lived Isotope Provides New Possibilities for Cancer Treatment - Scientists Improve Understanding of Mysterious Actinium. Excerpted from August 22, 2016 SLAC News Feature. A recent paper published in Nature Communications reveals insights about the element actinium that could support new classes of anticancer drugs. A team of researchers from the Los Alamos National Laboratory has conducted x-ray absorption fine structure experiments on SSRLs Beam Line 11-2 to characterize the molecular and electronic structure, including chemical bonds in actinium compounds.. Using synchrotron-based tools to obtain a better understanding of the structure of Actinium-225, for example, looks promising. It has a relatively short half-life (10 days) and emits powerful alpha particles as it decays to stable bismuth. This makes it a perfect candidate for a novel cancer treatment technique called targeted-alpha therapy, where alpha emissions from radioisotopes destroy malignant cells while ...
A chemical element, Ac, atomic number 89, and atomic weight 227.0. Actinium was discovered by A. Debierne in 1899. Milligram quantities ...
Actinium Pharmaceuticals Initiates Pursuit of EU Orphan Designation for Iomab-B
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - March 11, 2016) - Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE MKT: ATNM) (Actinium or the Company), a biopharmaceutical company developing innovative targeted payload immunotherapeutics for the treatment of advanced cancers, announced today that it has engaged a leading European-based regulatory affairs consulting firm to pursue orphan medicines designation...
Actinium Delight Minor | Methods | Blueline
Blue line and other details for Actinium Delight Minor. Classification: Delight Minor, Place Notation: x56x1456x1256x16.34x34.56,12
ATNM Company Profile & Executives - Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc. - Wall Street Journal
ATNM - key executives, insider trading, ownership, revenue and average growth rates. Detailed company description & address for Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc..
10 Facts about Actinium | Fact File
If you are interested to know one of the rare earth elements, you have to check out Facts about Actinium. If you check out the periodic table, it is included in
NITROGEN-RICH MACROCYCLIC LIGANDS, CHELATION COMPLEXES THEREOF, AND PROCESS FOR SELECTIVE CHELATION OF RADIOACTIVE BISMUTH IONS...
Selective chelation of bismuth radionuclide ions from a mixture including actinium radionuclide ions involves exposing a ligand to an aqueous solution that includes bismuth radionuclide ions and actinium radionuclide ions under conditions whereby the bismuth radionuclide ions selectively chelate to the ligand for form cationic complexes of the bismuth radionuclide ions. and separating the cationic complexes of the bismuth radionuclide ions from the actinium radionuclide ions. The ligands have a structure based on a 12-membered cyclen ring and may include pendant functional groups that can be derivatized with biological targeting vectors for targeted alpha therapy.
Nuclear Isotope Generator Nuclear Isotope Generator : United Nuclear , Scientific Equipment & Supplies
used to conduct experiments to demonstrate the properties of radioactive decay. Based on the original Union Carbide patented design, it offers exceptional performance combined with ease of use and safe operation.
Amphiphobic triboelectric nanogenerators based on silica enhanced thermoplastic polymeric nanofiber membranes - Nanoscale (RSC...
It is necessary to construct an amphiphobic triboelectric nanogenerator (TENG) since water, oil and other antistatic agents will have a great impact on its electrical output performance during practical applications. Herein, we put forward a high-performance TENG based on silica enhanced thermoplastic polymeric nan
Cellulose nanogenerators may power medical implants - The Economic Times
Since cellulose is non-toxic, the researchers said the device could potentially be implanted in the body and harvest its internal stretches, vibrations and other movements.
Isotope Actinium - Das Periodensystem online
Das Periodensystem der Elemente kurz, prägnat, übersichtlich. Die wichtigsten Infos schnell parat. Mit interaktiver Nuklidkarte inklusive.
Actinium Pharmaceuticals Announces New Hires to Product Development and Clinical Research Teams | Equities.com
Equities.com is an advanced financial information center and next-generation communication platform that connects self-directed investors with startup and small cap companies, market experts, and professional service providers and vendors.
ACTINIUM PHARMS INC (ATNM) Jumps 13.41% on January 20 | Equities.com
Equities.com is an advanced financial information center and next-generation communication platform that connects self-directed investors with startup and small cap companies, market experts, and professional service providers and vendors.
آکټېنيوم - ويکيپېډيا
۲٫۰ ۲٫۱ ۲٫۲ Kirby, Harold W.; Morss, Lester R. (2006). [اصطلاحي تېروتنه: د ناپېژندلې ليکنښې لوښه ۱. Actinium]. The Chemistry of the Actinide and Transactinide Elements. pp. 18. doi:10.1007/1-4020-3598-5_2. ISBN 978-1-4020-3555-5. ...
Actinium Pharmaceuticals to Host Webcast to Introduce New Clinical Initiative in Collaboration with Leading Hematologist Dr....
- Dr. Gail Roboz, Director of the Leukemia Program and Professor of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and NewYork-Presbyterian will introduce the pl...
ASCO: Updated Analyses Confirm Safety and Efficacy of Ra-223 in CRPC
Further analyses of data subsets from the ALSYMPCA study of the alpha particle-emitting isotope Ra-223 (Xofigo) were presented at ASCO, providing additional evidence of efficacy and safety of the recently FDA approved therapeutic agent.
Biocompatible self-generating cell stimulator
CSIC through the Instituto de Microelectrónica de Barcelona - Centro Nacional de Microelectrónica, has developed a device based on nanogenerators for electrical cells stimulation without the need of electrodes or bulky devices. The device is biocompatible and, among its multiple applications, is able to actuate in medical prostheses as an enhancer of cellular growth and proliferation, which permits an early lesion recovery (such as a fracture or wound). Industrial partners dedicated to the development of medical devices for cells stimulation, in particular, focused onto therapeutic treatments of non-healing wounds, are being sought to collaborate through a patent license agreement.
Human heart could power an iPod • The Register
Researchers at Georgia Tech have been working on the prototypes for six years and say that if placed in the perfect arrangement within layers of polymer material, they could be flexed to generate and capture electricity.. The chips are roughly a quarter of the size of a postage stamp. Stack five of them on top of each other and they can be used to generate the same voltage as two AA batteries. This can be produced simply by squeezing them together with your fingertips.. Additional nanowires and more nanogenerators, stacked together, could produce enough energy for powering larger electronics, such as an iPod or charging a cell phone. said Zhong Lin Wang, who heads up the research.. In a presentation at an American Chemical Society meeting in California, Wang said the device is 150 times more powerful than early prototypes.. This development represents a milestone toward producing portable electronics that can be powered by body movements without the use of batteries or electrical outlets… ...
AsiaPresswire: Using bones natural electricity to promote regeneration
Some teams have significantly accelerated the proliferation and differentiation of mouse embryonic bone-forming cells when using a so-called triboelectric nanogenerator. An electric current is generated when two materials are separated and then brought back into contact. These nanogenerators have been tested with materials such as polydimethylsiloxane, indiumtin oxide, aluminium, and polytetrafluoroethylene. They are showing potential for treating osteoporosis and osteoporosis-related fractures ...
The following is a listing of the USEPAs dose conversion factors for inhalation of some commonly-encountered radionuclides. The values shown below are in units of millirem per microcurie inhaled, and may be used to convert estimates of intake into committed effective dose equivalent. Included as well is a notation showing the applicable lung clearance class (i.e., Y = years, W = weeks, and D = days).. Actinium. ...
Combination Therapy May Reverse Venetoclax Resistance in Relapsed or Refractory AML
Actinium Pharmaceuticals says that exposing venetoclax-resistant AML cells to a CD33-targeted antibody radionuclide conjugate may resensitize cells to the drug and improve patient outcomes.
Protons Neutrons And Electrons For Helium - 28 images - What Is The Difference Between An Atom And An Ion, Bitesize Gcse...
Protons Neutrons And Electrons For Helium - 28 images - Diagram Of The Atom Model Wedocable, How Are Elements Broken Into Protons Electrons And, Helium Atom Stock Photos Helium Atom Stock Images Alamy, Basic Chemistry Tutorial 2 Drawing Atoms Sciencemusicvideos, Element Diagram Of Helium Diagram Of Actinium Element
Wrinkles are associated with advanced age group.
The product will be able to reduce redness and unevenness of complexion also. Should be easy to purchase If driving down to the drugstore every couple of days to purchase a new jar of the product is difficult, you should be able to obtain it home delivered then. A number of these products may be ordered on-line. Some products even provide a 30 day without risk trial to be able to try services at your leisure. It is created by This list easy for you to decide which products you require. Having the right age defying face creams ensures that you can start your skincare program as soon as possible.. 3 Criteria For FINDING THE RIGHT Anti Wrinkle Face Creams Are you noticing the first appearance of lines or wrinkles on your forehead or around the corners of your eye? Wrinkles are associated with advanced age group.His research passions include acute myeloid leukemia, radioimmunotherapy with alpha and beta particle-emitting radioisotopes, monoclonal antibody therapy for leukemia, development of novel ...
Three risk factors, one mechanism | Science Signaling
Late-onset Alzheimers disease (AD) accounts for the majority of AD cases. A characteristic feature of AD is the accumulation of β-amyloid (Aβ) plaques in the brain. Several mutations are associated with risk for late-onset AD, particularly mutations in the genes encoding apolipoproteins APOE4 and clusterin (also known as APOJ), which alter the metabolism and impair the clearance of Aβ. Mutations in the gene encoding TREM2 (triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 2), a protein with a single transmembrane domain that is present in microglia in the brain, are also associated with increased risk of AD. Yeh et al. found that the three risk factors are mechanistically linked. A protein microarray screen using a library of secreted ligands immobilized on glass slides and a fusion antibody construct containing the extracellular domain of TREM2 or TREM1 identified various lipoproteins as potential selective ligands of TREM2. These included low-density lipoprotein, lipidated APOE and lapidated ...
The encouraging preclinical results have led to the initiation of a clinical development program for 223RaCl2. Approval was obtained from the applicable institutional review boards, and all patients provided informed written consent before entering the clinical studies.. Phase 1A. A phase 1 study of single-dosage administration of escalating amounts of 223Ra in 25 patients with bone metastases from breast and prostate cancer was recently published (44). Dose-limiting hematologic toxicity was not observed. Dosages of 46, 93, 163, 213, or 250 kBq/kg were applied. Mild and reversible myelosuppression occurred with only grade 1 toxicity for thrombocytes at the two highest dose levels. Quality of life was evaluated at baseline and at 1, 4, and 8 weeks after injection, respectively. Pain relief was observed for all time points in ,50% of the patients. Furthermore, a decline in total serum alkaline phosphatase ,50%, accepted as a prognostic marker in metastatic prostate cancer, was observed among ...
Researchers use improved nanogenerators to power sensors based on zinc oxide nanowires | EurekAlert! Science News
By combining a new generation of piezoelectric nanogenerators with two types of nanowire sensors, researchers have created what are believed to be the first self-powered nanometer-scale sensing devices that draw power from the conversion of mechanical energy.
Actinium Announces Proposed Public Offering of Common Stock
NEW YORK, Sept. 28, 2016-- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical Company developing innovative targeted payload immunotherapeutics for the treatment of advanced cancers, announced today that it intends to offer shares of its common stock in an underwritten public offering. A preliminary prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus...
Bayer to Purchase Algeta Pharmaceutical, Makers of Xofigo Bone Marrow and Prostate Cancer Drug For Just Under $3 Billion ...
for treating castration resistant prostate cancer and symptomatic bone metastases. From the website below: The active moiety of Xofigo is the alpha particle-emitting isotope radium 223 (as radium 223 dichloride), which mimics calcium and forms complexes with the bone mineral hydroxyapatite at areas of increased bone turnover, such as bone metastases. The high linear energy transfer of alpha emitters (80 keV/micrometer) leads to a high frequency of double-strand DNA breaks in adjacent cells, resulting in an anti-tumor effect on bone metastases. The alpha particle range from radium 223 dichloride is less than 100 micrometers (less than 10 cell diameters) which limits damage to the surrounding normal tissue. After intravenous injection, radium 223 is rapidly cleared from the blood and is distributed primarily into bone or is excreted into intestine. Fifteen minutes post-injection, about 20% of the injected radioactivity remained in blood. At 4 hours, about 4% of the injected radioactivity remained ...
Radiation Oncology Associates
Class: Radiopharmaceutical. Generic Name: Radium Ra 223 dichloride (RAY-dee-um Ra 223 dye-KLOR-ide). Trade Name: Xofigo®. For which conditions is this drug approved? Radium Ra 223 dichloride is indicated for the treatment of patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer, symptomatic bone metastases, and no known visceral metastatic disease.. What is the mechanism of action? The active component of radium Ra 223 dichloride is the alpha particle-emitting isotope radium-223 (as radium Ra 223 dichloride), which mimics calcium and forms complexes with the bone mineral hydroxyapatite at areas of increased bone turnover, such as bone metastases The high linear energy transfer of alpha emitters (80 keV/micrometer) leads to a high frequency of double-strand DNA breaks in adjacent cells, resulting in an anti-tumor effect on bone metastases. The alpha particle range from radium-223 dichloride is less than 100 micrometers (less than 10 cell diameters), which limits damage to the surrounding normal ...
Amgen Obtains Global Development And Commercial Rights From Boehringer Ingelheim For Investigational BiTE Immuno-Oncology Drug...
Bispecific T cell engager (BiTE®) antibody constructs are a type of immunotherapy being investigated for fighting cancer by helping the bodys immune system to detect and target malignant cells. The modified antibodies are designed to engage two different targets simultaneously, thereby juxtaposing T cells (a type of white blood cell capable of killing other cells perceived as threats) to cancer cells. BiTE® antibody constructs help place the T cells within reach of the targeted cell, with the intent of allowing T cells to inject toxins and trigger the cancer cell to die (apoptosis). BiTE® antibody constructs are currently being investigated for their potential to treat a wide variety of cancers. For more information, visit www.biteantibodies.com.. About ...
Biopolymer Nanofibers for Nanogenerator Development
The development of nanogenerators (NGs) with optimal performances and functionalities requires more novel materials. Over the past decade, biopolymer nanofibers (BPNFs) have become critical sustainable building blocks in energy-related fields because they have distinctive nanostructures and properties and can be obtained from abundant and renewable resources. This review summarizes recent advances in the use of BPNFs for NG development. We will begin by introducing various strategies for fabricating BPNFs with diverse structures and performances. Then, we will systematically present the utilization of polysaccharide and protein nanofibers for NGs. We will mainly focus on the use of BPNFs to generate bulk materials with tailored structures and properties for assembling of triboelectric and piezoelectric NGs. The use of BPNFs to construct NGs for the generation of electricity from moisture and osmosis is also discussed. Finally, we illustrate our personal perspectives on several issues that require
How Nanogenerator Band Can Heal Wounds Faster | Must Read
A nanogenerator converts mechanical/thermal energy produced by small-scale physical changes into electricity. It has three typical approaches/types: piezoelectric, triboelectric and pyroelectric. Both piezoelectric and triboelectric nanogenerators can convert mechanical energy into electricity, and are used in medical devices.. A piezoelectric nanogenerator converts external kinetic energy into electrical energy via action by a nanostructured piezoelectric material such as ZnO, GaN, BaTiO3 and the like.. A triboelectric nanogenerator (TENG) is an energy-harvesting device that converts external mechanical energy into electricity by a conjunction of triboelectric effect and electrostatic induction. As for this power generation unit, in the inner circuit, a potential is created by triboelectric effect due to charge transfer between two thin organic/inorganic films that exhibit opposite tribo-polarity. In the outer circuit, electrons are driven to flow between two electrodes attached to the back of ...
Nanotechnology Now - Press Release: New Nanogenerator May Charge Ipods and Cell Phones with a Wave of the Hand
In generating energy from movement, Wang says his team concluded that it was most effective to develop a method that worked at low frequencies and was based on flexible materials. The ZnO nanowires met these requirements. At the same time, he says a real advantage of this technology is that the nanowires can be grown easily on a wide variety of surfaces, and the nanogenerators will operate in the air or in liquids once properly packaged. Among the surfaces on which the nanowires can be grown are metals, ceramics, polymers, clothing and even tents ...
Review of radionuclide source terms used for performance-assessment analyses; Yucca Mountain Site Characterization Project -...
Two aspects of the radionuclide source terms used for total-system performance assessment (TSPA) analyses have been reviewed. First, a detailed radionuclide inventory (i.e., one in which the reactor type, decay, and burnup are specified) is compared with the standard source-term inventory used in prior analyses. The latter assumes a fixed ratio of pressurized-water reactor (PWR) to boiling-water reactor (BWR) spent fuel, at specific amounts of burnup and at 10-year decay. TSPA analyses have been used to compare the simplified source term with the detailed one. The TSPA-91 analyses did not show a significant difference between the source terms. Second, the radionuclides used in source terms for TSPA aqueous-transport analyses have been reviewed to select ones that are representative of the entire inventory. It is recommended that two actinide decay chains be included (the 4n+2 ``uranium`` and 4n+3 ``actinium`` decay series), since these include several radionuclides that have potentially important
Alpha particles are emitted mainly by the heaviest of the isotopes (e.g., all elements above bismuth (Bi-209) are radioactive, and most are alpha particle emitters. These nuclei are too big to be stable and decay by emitting an alpha particle. Very often the resulting nucleus, called a Daughter nucleus, is also too big and unstable. It too usually emits an alpha particle. This process can happen a number of times depending upon the starting isotope and the ultimate stable isotope. The stable isotope of the alpha emitters is usually lead (the element just below Bismuth, and has 4 stable isotopes for the Decay Chains to stop on). For example, the most abundant isotope of uranium, U-238, it takes the emission of 5 alpha particles to get to stable lead.. Alpha particles are high speed helium atoms without electrons. Consisting of a nucleus of 2 protons and 2 neutrons, this is the largest common (naturally occurring) radiation particle. Since there are no electrons, the alpha particle is highly ...
Selective alpha-particle mediated depletion of tumor vasculature with vascular normalization
The data suggest that alpha-particle immunotherapy to neovasculature, alone or in combination with sequential chemotherapy, is an effective approach to cancer therapy.
Protons from the alpha-particle bombardment of 31P
Resonances in the yield of ground-state protons from alpha-particle bombardment of 31P were investigated in the energy range Eα = 1.7 − 3.3 MeV. Fourteen resonances were observed, none of which was known before. Resonance energies and strengths are presented. Angular distribution measurements lead to unique values of the resonance ... read more spin in all cases but one. The exception is the strong resonance at Eα = 3.302 MeV, which shows a deviation from forward-backward symmetry in the angular distribution, to be explained by assuming interference with some unknown broad resonance(s) with opposite parity, probably at higher energy. show less ...
Measured alpha particle hits per unit tumour area per 1 | Open-i
Measured alpha particle hits per unit tumour area per 1 hour for two groups of tumour sections: 4 sections with and 3 sections without application of chemothera
Alpha radiation is a strong ionizer, but it can only penetrate through few cm of air. How then can alpha particles cause human...
Get an answer for Alpha radiation is a strong ionizer, but it can only penetrate through few cm of air. How then can alpha particles cause human biological damage? and find homework help for other Science questions at eNotes
An Alpha Particle Is Kept In An Electric Field Of 15×104Nc−1. Calculate The Force Acting On The Particle. An Electron Is...
An Alpha Particle Is Kept In An Electric Field Of 15×104Nc−1. Calculate The Force Acting On The Particle. An Electron Is Separated From A Proton Through A Distance Of 0.53A. Calculate Electric Field At The Location Of Electrons. Get the answer to this question and access other important questions, only at BYJUS.
Pilot Trial of Radium-223 and Atezolizumab in Patients With Urothelial Carcinoma With Bone Metastases Who Have Had Disease...
This is a single-arm, single-site pilot of Radium-223 (55 kBq/kg) IV q3 weeks for up to 6 doses in combination with Atezolizumab 1200mg IV once every 3 weeks
UW EH&S - Radiation Bio Effects
The larger and more charged the radiation the more ionizations occur. Alpha particles are very highly ionizing, thus would have a larger LET than a low energy gamma. Alpha particles will cause more biological damage in a very small area ...
Rutherford Goil Foil vs. Other Metals - PhET Contribution
Guided discovery of alpha particle deflection in gold foil vs. alpha particles. Activity focuses on Rutherfords experiment only and does not include Thomson model ...
Actinium-225 is less available than actinium-228, but is more promising in radiotracer applications. Actinium-227 (half-life ... The strongest base is of actinium. All compounds of actinium are colorless, except for black actinium sulfide (Ac2S3). Dioxides ... Since "actinoid" means "actinium-like" (cf. humanoid or android), it has been argued for semantic reasons that actinium cannot ... Owing to the close similarity of actinium and lanthanum and low abundance, pure actinium could only be produced in 1950. The ...
Actinium seriesEdit. The 4n+3 chain of uranium-235 is commonly called the "actinium series" or "actinium cascade". Beginning ... Actinium A α 99.99977% β− 0.00023% 1.781 ms 7.527 0.715 211Pb 215At ... Actinium C α 99.724% β− 0.276% 2.14 min 6.751 0.575 207Tl 211Po ... Actinium β− 98.62% α 1.38% 21.772 a 0.045 5.042 227Th 223Fr ... Actinium C' α 516 ms 7.595 207Pb 207Tl AcC" Actinium C" β−. ...
Actin-ium89Ac Ruther-fordium104Rf Dub-nium105Db Sea-borgium106Sg Bohr-ium107Bh Has-sium108Hs[270 ... Lanthanum and actinium. La and Ac below Y Lanthanum and actinium are commonly depicted as the remaining group 3 members.[n ... Actinium Thorium Protactinium Uranium Neptunium Plutonium Americium Curium Berkelium Californium Einsteinium Fermium ... Actinium Thorium Protactinium Uranium Neptunium Plutonium Americium Curium Berkelium Californium Einsteinium Fermium ...
Timeline of chemical element discoveries
"89 Actinium". Elements.vanderkrogt.net. Retrieved 2008-09-12. Kirby, Harold W. (1971). "The Discovery of Actinium". Isis. 62 (3 ...
Timeline of chemical element discoveries
"89 Actinium". Elements.vanderkrogt.net. Retrieved 2008-09-12.. *^ Kirby, Harold W. (1971). "The Discovery of Actinium". Isis. ... Actinium 1902 F. O. Giesel 1902 F. O. Giesel Giesel obtained from pitchblende a substance that had properties similar to those ... of lanthanum and named it emanium. André-Louis Debierne had previously reported the discovery of a new element actinium ...
actinium 89 Ac thorium 90 Th protactinium 91 Pa uranium 92 U ...
Standard atomic weight
Actin-ium89Ac Ruther-fordium104Rf Dub-nium105Db Sea-borgium106Sg Bohr-ium107Bh Has-sium108Hs[269 ...
In the periodic table, it lies to the right of actinium, to the left of protactinium, and below cerium. Pure thorium is very ... These values lie between those of its neighbours actinium (10.1 g/cm3) and protactinium (15.4 g/cm3), part of a trend across ... It becomes superconductive below 1.4 K. Thorium's melting point of 1750 °C is above both those of actinium (1227 °C) and ... the actinium series), and slightly larger but still tiny traces of 234Th and 230Th from the decay chain of 238U (the uranium ...
Friedrich Oskar Giesel
He was aware of the discovery of actinium by André-Louis Debierne. In publications from 1899 and 1890 Debierne does not give ... In a now controversially reviewed process, it was stated that emanium is identical to actinium, which was discovered by André- ... Giesel, on the other hand, can rightfully be credited with the first preparation of radiochemically pure actinium and with the ... Adloff, J. P. (2000). "The centenary of a controversial discovery: actinium". Radiochim. Acta. 88 (3-4_2000): 123-128. doi: ...
Radium, and Other Radioactive Substances
Radium, and Other Radio-active Substances; Polonium, Actinium, and Thorium is a book published in 1903 by William Joseph Hammer ... In addition to the matters implied by the title of the lecture, (radium, polonium, actinium, thorium) Hammer discusses such ... "Radium, and other radio-active substances; polonium, actinium, and thorium. With a consideration of phosphorescent and ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Radium and Other Radioactive Substances, Polonium, Actinium and Thorium, with a ...
... actinium Rehder, 1980. Retrieved through: World Register of Marine Species on 17 May 2010. Cerithidium australiense ... Cerithidium actinium Rehder, 1980 Cerithidium australiense Thiele, 1930 Cerithidium cerithinum (Philippi, 1849) Cerithidium ...
This research resulted in the successful identification of a new element in the decay chain between uranium-235 and actinium, ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Soddy, F.; Cranston, J. A. (1 June 1918). "The Parent of Actinium". Proceedings of the ... on the possible modes of origin of actinium. With regard to the new work, in the absence of one of us on military service since ...
In 1899, he discovered the radioactive element actinium, as a result of continuing the work with pitchblende that the Curies ... H. W. Kirby (1971). "The Discovery of Actinium". Isis. 62 (3): 290-308. doi:10.1086/350760. JSTOR 229943. ESPCI ParisTech ... was a French chemist and is considered the discoverer of the element actinium. Debierne studied at the elite École supérieure ...
Isotopes of thallium
Actinium C. 81. 126. 206.977419(6). 4.77(2) min. β−. 207Pb. 1/2+. Trace[n 8]. ...
In 1903, similar emanations were observed from actinium by André-Louis Debierne, and were called "actinium emanation" ("Ac Em ... Similarly, 219Rn is derived from the most stable isotope of actinium (227Ac)-named "actinon"-and is an alpha emitter with a ... Adams, Elliot Quincy (1920). "The Independent Origin of Actinium". Journal of the American Chemical Society. 42 (11): 2205. doi ...
List of acronyms: A
Ac - (s) Actinium. *AC *(i) Adriamycin-Cyclophosphamide (chemotherapy). *Air Conditioning. *Aircraftman. *Alternating Current ...
List of plants of Atlantic Forest vegetation of Brazil
Passiflora actinia Hook. Passiflora alata Dryand. Passiflora amethystina J.C.Mikan Passiflora deidamioides Harms Passiflora ...
List of French inventions and discoveries
Actinium by André-Louis Debierne in 1899. Discovery of the Grignard reaction or Grignard reagent by Victor Grignard in 1900. ...
1899 in science
Actinium is discovered by Andre-Louis Debierne. International Committee on Atomic Weights established. January 23 - The British ...
Seznam chemických prvků - Wikipedie
Actinium. 227. 7 90. Th. thorium. Thorium. 232,037 7(4). 7 91. Pa. protaktinium. Protactinium. 231,035 88(2). 7 ...
Actinia equina is similar in form to the Waratah anemone (Actinia tenebrosa) of Australia and New Zealand. It is also similar ... The beadlet anemone (Actinia equina) is a common sea anemone found on rocky shores around all coasts of the British Isles. Its ... Actinia equina can be found both in exposed and sheltered situations. It is highly adapted to the intertidal zone as it can ... Actinia equina is viviparous, with up to one hundred embryos developing inside the body cavity before being ejected into the ...
A further study in 2000 concluded that Actinia priapus; Tilesius, 1809, Actinia farcimen; Brandt, 1835, and Isometridium ... Of these, Actinia farcimen was the name first published. It is, however, a junior homonym so the valid name for the species is ...
Boiling points of the elements (data page)
89 Ac actinium (Ac-227 ?) use. 3471 K. 3198 °C. 5788 °F ...
Cotelle "collaborated with Curie on studies of actinium. With Curie she redetermined the half life of ionium using a method ...
Eighty-nine is: The atomic number of actinium. Messier object M89, a magnitude 11.5 elliptical galaxy in the constellation ...
Thomas Russell Wilkins
"The Actinium Series and the Lead Ratios in Rocks." Nature 117 (1926): 719-720. doi:10.1038/117719b0 with W. M. Rayton: " ...
"The crystal structure of actinium metal and actinium hydride". Journal of Inorganic and Nuclear Chemistry. 18: 42-47. doi: ... Ac(II) is known in Actinium(II) hydride (AcH2); see Farr, J.; Giorgi, A. L.; Bowman, M. G.; Money, R. K. (1961). " ...
Actinides in the environment
Actinium can be naturally found in traces in uranium ores as 227-Ac, an α and β emitter with a half-life of 21.773 years. One ... Naturally occurring actinium is composed of 1 radioactive isotope; with 227-Ac being the most abundant (100% natural abundance ... ton of uranium ore contains about a tenth of a gram of actinium. It's more commonly made in milligram amounts by the neutron ...
Stern, A. (1934). "The new element bohemium the origin of proto-actinium". Journal of the Society of Chemical Industry. 53: 581 ...
Actinium Series | Encyclopedia.com
Overview Actinium is the third element in Row 7 of the periodic table , a chart that shows how the chemical elements are ... ACTINIUM (REVISED) Note: This article, originally published in 1998, was updated in 2006 for the eBook edition. ... About a dozen isotopes of actinium are known. All are radioactive. The two that occur in nature are actinium-227 and actinium- ... Actinium in its ground state has an (outer orbital) electronic configuration of 5f 06d 7s 2. Actinium exists in an oxidation ...
... tenebrosa Farquhar 1898. Please note: Entries in the above species list are the original binomina of species according ... Actinia Click on an image to view larger version & data in a new window ... Actinia. Version 01 January 2000 (temporary). http://tolweb.org/Actinia/18342/2000.01.01 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http ...
Actinium | Definition of Actinium by Merriam-Webster
Actinium definition is - a radioactive trivalent metallic element that resembles lanthanum in chemical properties and that is ... Post the Definition of actinium to Facebook Share the Definition of actinium on Twitter ... Examples of actinium in a Sentence. Recent Examples on the Web Other theorists have predicted that hydrides such as calcium ... History and Etymology for actinium. borrowed from French, from Greek aktīn-, aktís ray, beam + -ium -ium; so called from its ...
Periodic Table of the Elements: Actinium | Infoplease
Actinium - Wikipedia
The isotopes of actinium range in atomic weight from 205 u (205 Ac) to 236 u (236 Ac). Actinium is found only in traces in ... Actinium gave the name to the actinide series, a group of 15 similar elements between actinium and lawrencium in the periodic ... The actinium isotope 227Ac is a transient member of the uranium-actinium series decay chain, which begins with the parent ... Actinium metal has been prepared by the reduction of actinium fluoride with lithium vapor in vacuum at a temperature between ...
Actinium-225 - Wikipedia
Actinium-225 (225Ac, Ac-225) is an isotope of actinium. It undergoes alpha decay to francium-221 with a half-life of 10 days, ... Actinium-225 has a half-life of 10 days and decays by alpha emission. It is part of the neptunium series, for it arises as a ... Isotopes of actinium Radium-223 Bismuth-213 Audi, G.; Kondev, F. G.; Wang, M.; Huang, W. J.; Naimi, S. (2017). "The NUBASE2016 ... Actinium-225 was discovered in 1947 as part of the hitherto unknown neptunium series, which was populated by the synthesis of ...
Actinium Announces $5 Million Registered Direct Offering of Common Stock
Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. , a biopharmaceutical company developing innovative targeted payload immunotherapeutics for the ... About Actinium Pharmaceuticals. Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (www.actiniumpharma.com) is a New York-based biopharmaceutical ... NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - June 04, 2015) - Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ("Actinium" or the "Company") (NYSE MKT: ATNM), a ... Actinium undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, ...
Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. To Present at the 15th Annual BIO CEO Investor Conference
6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OTC BB: CTVN) a biopharmaceutical company that develops innovative ... About Actinium Pharmaceuticals. Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a New York, New York based biopharmaceutical company that ... Jack Talley, Actiniums President & CEO will be presenting at the 15th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference on Monday, February ... Forward-Looking Statement for Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. This news release contains forward-looking statements as that ...
Actinium»properties of free atoms [WebElements Periodic Table]
This WebElements periodic table page contains properties of free atoms for the element actinium ... The ionisation energies of actinium are given below.. Ionisation energies of actinium. Ionisation energy number. Enthalpy / kJ ... A representation of the atomic spectrum of actinium.. Electronic configuration of neutral atomic actinium The electronic ... The ground state electron configuration of ground state gaseous neutral actinium is [Rn].6d1.7s2 and the term symbol is 2D3/2. ...
ORNL increases production of actinium-227 to meet demand for cancer drug
The Department of Energys Oak Ridge National Laboratory is now producing actinium-227 (Ac-227) to meet projected demand for a ... ORNL increases production of actinium-227 to meet demand for cancer drug. *Download PDF Copy ... The Department of Energys Oak Ridge National Laboratory is now producing actinium-227 (Ac-227) to meet projected demand for a ...
Actinium Announces Actimab-A Plus 7+3 Combination Trial for Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia Patients
PRNewswire/ -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE AMERICAN: ATNM) (Actinium) announced today that it is expanding its CD33 ... About Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: ATNM). Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company ... 26, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE AMERICAN: ATNM) (Actinium) announced today that it is expanding ... Actinium Announces Actimab-A Plus 7+3 Combination Trial for Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia Patients - Study builds on ...
Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc.: Fighting Cancer with Antibody Directed Target Radiotherapy | SiliconIndia
Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing ARCs or Antibody Radiation-Conjugates ... Actiniums Iomab-ACT program uses lower doses of Iomab-B and is an expansion of the companys strategic focus on targeted ... Later, Actinium plans to move the other drugs forward into pivotal trials or the final stage of development, helping change the ... Actinium is committed to bringing its ARC targeted conditioning regimens to patients and advancing the fields of bone marrow ...
Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Delaware) (ATNM) Market Data & News - Equities.com
Actinium Appoints Robert N. Daly, Ph.D. to Newly Created Role of Vice President, Head of Clinical Operations September 06, 2018 ... Actinium Pharmaceuticals to Participate in the Oppenheimer & Co. Fall Summit Focused on Specialty Pharma and Rare Disease ... Actinium to Provide Update on Pivotal Phase 3 SIERRA Trial Following Positive Data Monitoring Committee Meeting August 14, 2018 ... Actinium Pharmaceuticals to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences and Participate in Featured Panel Discussions September 04 ...
Actinium Pharmaceuticals to Present at Biotech Showcase 2016 | Equities.com
NEW YORK, NY--(January 11, 2016) - Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE MKT: ATNM) ("Actinium"), a biopharmaceutical company ... Actinium Pharmaceuticals to Present at Biotech Showcase 2016 Press Releases Follow , Monday, 11 January 2016 10:07 (EST). Live ... Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. [email protected] DISCLOSURE: The views and opinions expressed in this article are ... Actiniums management will host one-on-one meetings with conference attendees at Biotech Showcase 2016, which can be scheduled ...
Research Reports Initiation on Biotech Stocks -- Agenus, Athersys, Actinium Pharma, and AVEO Pharma
NASDAQ: ATHX), Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NYSE MKT: ATNM), and AVEO Pharmaceuticals ... Actinium Pharma Shares in New York-based Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc. recorded a trading volume of 155,920 shares. The stock ... Research Reports Initiation on Biotech Stocks -- Agenus, Athersys, Actinium Pharma, and AVEO Pharma. Friday, May 19, 2017 Drug ... On May 17th, 2017, Actinium Pharma announced that Dr. Richard Stone, Chief of Staff and Program Director, Acute Leukemia at the ...
A Versatile and Robust Serine Protease Inhibitor Scaffold from Actinia tenebrosa
This investigation is a bioprospecting study that aims to isolate and identify protease inhibitors from the cnidarian Actinia ... Actinia tenebrosa, kallikrein-related peptidases, Kunitz inhibitor, serine protease, mass spectrometry imaging, molecular ... A Versatile and Robust Serine Protease Inhibitor Scaffold from Actinia tenebrosa. Chen, Xingchen ...
Neoplasms Metastasis Completed Phase 3 Trials for Actinium (DB12860) - DrugBank
North-star perspectives for Actinium-225 production at commercial scale
... Research Article: NorthStar Perspectives for Actinium- ... Actinium-225 and Bismuth-213 are used in AIT However, both of these isotopes have low production yields and their production ... Harvey summarizes the importance of new techniques required to produce larger quantities of Actinium and presents the ... This is followed by details of established and experimental methods of Actinium production. ...
Facts about the Elements: Actinium | 2019-12-11 | Industrial Heating
Actinium (chemical symbol: Ac) Actinium (Fig. 1) is a soft, silvery-white metal that is highly radioactive, giving off a faint ... the surface of actinium will immediately react with either oxygen or moisture in air to form a thin crust of white actinium ... the surface of actinium will immediately react with either oxygen or moisture in air to form a thin crust of white actinium ... Actinium (Fig. 1) is a soft, silvery-white metal that is highly radioactive, giving off a faint blue glow in the dark. When ...
FIGHTING CANCER, CELL BY CELL Trademark of Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. Serial Number: 76196492 :: Trademarkia Trademarks
CELL BY CELL is a trademark and brand of Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. Filed to USPTO On Friday, January 19, 2001, The ... This is a brand page for the FIGHTING CANCER, CELL BY CELL trademark by Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in Alexandria, , 22314. ... On Friday, January 19, 2001, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for FIGHTING CANCER, CELL BY CELL by Actinium ... Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. Alexandria 22314 Why is this contact information displayed? Why is this contact information ...
Bibliography for "Actinia bicolor"- Biodiversity Heritage Library
Actinium Pharmaceuticals Highlights Analysis of Pivotal Iomab-B Phase 3 SIERRA Trial Presented in Oral Session at ASH Annual...
About Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc. is focused on improving patient access and outcomes to ... The AWE technology enables Actiniums internal pipeline and with the radioisotope Actinium-225 is being utilized in a ... Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Steve OLoughlin. Principal Financial Officer. [email protected] Investor Relations ... Actiniums Iomab-ACT program is an expansion of its CD45 program that is intended to be a universal, chemotherapy-free solution ...
Actinia | Definition of Actinia by Webster's Online Dictionary
Actinia explanation. Define Actinia by Websters Dictionary, WordNet Lexical Database, Dictionary of Computing, Legal ... Actinia - a genus of sea anemone common in rock pools. Synonyms: genus Actinia ... Actinia Ac`tin´i`a. n.. 1.. (Zool.) An animal of the class Anthozoa, and family Actinidæ. . From a resemblance to flowers in ... Actinaria, Actiniaria, coelenterate genus, genus Actinia, order Actinaria, order Actiniaria. Translate Actinia to French ...
Actinium Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Oppenheimer & Co. 29th Annual Healthcare Conference - PharmiWeb.com
Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE American: ATNM) (Actinium or the Company) announced today that it will present a ... About Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc. is focused on improving patient access and outcomes to ... The AWE technology enables Actiniums internal pipeline and with the radioisotope Actinium-225 is being utilized in a ... NEW YORK, March 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE American: ATNM) ("Actinium" or "the Company") ...
Actinium | The Periodic Table at KnowledgeDoor
Our actinium page has over 85 facts that span 50 different quantities. Each entry has a full citation identifying its source. ... "Transition Energies of Lanthanum, Actinium, and Eka-Actinium (Element 121)." Journal of Chemical Physics, volume 109, number 10 ... Actinium Navigation. Other Elements. Atomic Structure. Physical Properties. Atomic Interaction. Thermodynamics. Identification ...
Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ATNM) and SCYNEXIS, Inc. (SCYX) Activist Update
Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ATNM) - Frigate Ventures LP has filed a new SC 13G, reporting a 5.50% ownership stake in ... Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ATNM) and SCYNEXIS, Inc. (SCYX) Activist Update. March 13, 2018 at 9:30 pm. by Fintel ... Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has declared a standard industrial code (sic) of 2834 which is the "Pharmaceutical Preparations ... disclosing ownership of 6,000,000 shares of Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AMEX:ATNM). This represents 5.5 percent ownership ...
Targeted Atomic Nano-Generators (Actinium-225-Labeled Humanized Anti-CD33 Monoclonal Antibody HuM195) in Patients With Advanced...
The purpose of this study is to find a safe dose of actinium-225 when it is labeled to HuM195. This will be done with a phase ... Biological: ACTINIUM-225-LABELED HUMANIZED ANTI-CD33 MONOCLONAL ANTIBODY HuM195 A single infusion of 225Ac-HuM195 will be ... The starting dose of actinium-225 in this study is less than doses that are known to be safe in animals. ... Biological: ACTINIUM-225-LABELED HUMANIZED ANTI-CD33 MONOCLONAL ANTIBODY HuM195 Phase 1 ...
Actinium Announces Positive Interim Results from Iomab-B Pivotal Phase 3 SIERRA Trial at 50% of Total Patient Enrollment |...
Actinium Announces Positive Interim Results from Iomab-B Pivotal Phase 3 SIERRA Trial at 50% of Total Patient Enrollment - read ... About Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing ... 28, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (NYSE AMERICAN: ATNM) ("Actinium") today announced key interim ... including statements about Actiniums expectations regarding the terms of the offering or completion of the offering. Actinium ...
Actinium Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Preliminary Results from Phase 2 Trial for Actimab-A Highlighted at 59th American...
Actinium-225 gives off high-energy alpha particles as it decays, which kill cancer cells and as actinium-225 decays it produces ... About Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on ... 11, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE American:ATNM) ("Actinium" or "the Company") announced ... More articles issued by Actinium Pharmaceuticals. More articles related to:. Company Announcement Calendar of Events Product / ...
Actinium | definition of actinium by Medical dictionary
... actinium explanation free. What is actinium? Meaning of actinium medical term. What does actinium mean? ... Looking for online definition of actinium in the Medical Dictionary? ... actinium. Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia. actinium. (Ac) [ak-tin´e-um] a chemical ... Actinium , definition of actinium by Medical dictionary https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/actinium ...
ATNMEquinaRadiumIsotopeActinideThorium1899Bismuth-213DebierneSandesh SethActiniumpharma.comAlpha emitterTenebrosa1902Isotopes of actinUndertakes no obligationLabeled with the alpha-particlePeriodicPhaseActinidesName actiniumSOURCE Actinium PharmaceuticalsRadioactiveOxidationLanthanumO'LoughlinBiopharmaceutical company focusedIomab-ACTSpeciesHuM195MonoclonalEmitters2017CancerMultiple myelomaCompany2018AntibodyDecaysFacts about actiniumChemistry of actiniumCompoundsNeptuniumClinical trialsBone marrowNews
- NEW YORK, NY --(Marketwired - June 04, 2015) - Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ("Actinium" or the "Company") (NYSE MKT: ATNM) , a biopharmaceutical company developing innovative targeted payload immunotherapeutics for the treatment of advanced cancers, announced today that it entered into subscription agreements with certain investors to sell approximately $5 million of its common stock in a registered direct offering. (yahoo.com)
- NEW YORK , Feb. 26, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE AMERICAN: ATNM) ('Actinium') announced today that it is expanding its CD33 program studying Actimab-A into a combination trial with the chemotherapy regimen 7+3 in patients with newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia (AML) who have intermediate or high-risk cytogenetic or molecular markers. (prnewswire.com)
- ATNM ) ("Actinium"), a biopharmaceutical company developing innovative drug candidates for the treatment of advanced cancers, announced that the Company will be presenting at the 8th Annual Biotech Showcase today, Monday, January 11, 2016 at 9:30 am Pacific Time in Room Market Street. (equities.com)
- AGEN), Athersys Inc. (NASDAQ: ATHX), Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NYSE MKT: ATNM), and AVEO Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: AVEO). (medindia.net)
- NEW YORK , Dec. 4, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE AMERICAN: ATNM) announced today that additional data from an updated analysis of the pivotal Iomab-B Phase 3 SIERRA trial were highlighted last night in an oral presentation at the 60th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting. (yahoo.com)
- NEW YORK, March 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE American: ATNM) ("Actinium" or "the Company") announced today that it will present a corporate overview at the Oppenheimer & Co. 29th Annual Healthcare Conference, being held March 19-20 at the Westin Grand Central Hotel in New York City. (pharmiweb.com)
- Frigate Ventures LP has filed an SC 13G form with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) disclosing ownership of 6,000,000 shares of Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AMEX:ATNM). (valuewalk.com)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ( ATNM ) - Frigate Ventures LP has filed a new SC 13G, reporting a 5.50% ownership stake in Actinium Pharmaceuticals. (valuewalk.com)
- NEW YORK , Oct. 28, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. , (NYSE AMERICAN: ATNM) ("Actinium") today announced key interim findings from the pivotal Phase 3 SIERRA trial of Iomab-B, including feasibility and safety data, at 50% of total patient enrollment. (biospace.com)
- NEW YORK, Dec. 11, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE American:ATNM) ("Actinium" or "the Company") announced positive preliminary data from its ongoing Phase 2 trial of Actimab-A in patients newly diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) who are over the age of 60 and not able to tolerate induction chemotherapy. (globenewswire.com)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals (AMEX: ATNM) stock hit a yearly low of $0.22. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals (ATNM) announced the appointment of Niva Almaula, as Chief Business Officer, effective immediately. (thefreedictionary.com)
- NEW YORK, Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OTCQB: ATNM.OB) ('Actinium' or 'the Company'), a biopharmaceutical Company developing innovative, targeted payload immunotherapeutics for the treatment of advanced cancers, provided a corporate update on its two most advanced clinical programs. (fiercepharma.com)
- NEW YORK, Oct. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE American: ATNM) ("Actinium" or "the Company") , announced today that is has launched its Iomab-ACT program offering its next-generation, chemo-free, targeted lymphodepletion technology to the CAR-T industry. (pharmiweb.com)
- ATNM ) ("Actinium" or "the Company") is a biopharmaceutical Company developing innovative targeted payload immunotherapeutics for the treatment of advanced cancers. (marketwired.com)
- NEW YORK, Feb. 21, 2017 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE MKT:ATNM) ("Actinium" or "the Company"), a biopharmaceutical company developing innovative targeted therapies for cancers lacking effective treatment options, announced today that Steven Price has been appointed to the newly created position of Vice President, Clinical and Commercial Strategy. (salesandmarketingnetwork.com)
- In a just published Form 13, filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NYSEMKT:ATNM) reported that Armistice Capital has picked up 4,000,000 of common stock as of 2017-08-04. (forexminute.com)
- A glance at Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NYSEMKT:ATNM)'s key stats reveals a current market capitalization of 53.17M based on 79.95M shares outstanding and a price at last close of 0.665. (forexminute.com)
- We'll be keeping an eye on Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NYSEMKT:ATNM) as things move forward to see if its progress aligns with these transactions. (forexminute.com)
- B. Riley set a $3.00 price target on Actinium Pharmaceuticals (NYSEAMERICAN:ATNM) in a research note issued to investors on Wednesday morning. (ledgergazette.com)
- Shares of Actinium Pharmaceuticals ( NYSEAMERICAN ATNM ) opened at $0.41 on Wednesday. (ledgergazette.com)
- D.A. Davidson & CO. increased its holdings in Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc (NYSEAMERICAN:ATNM) by 227.1% during the 4th quarter, according to its most recent 13F filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission. (ledgergazette.com)
- The correct version of this report can be read at https://ledgergazette.com/2018/03/15/b-riley-reiterates-3-00-price-target-for-actinium-pharmaceuticals-atnm.html. (ledgergazette.com)
- The news has relevance to Actinium Pharmaceuticals (ATNM) because Actinium has two clinical stage candidates, Iomab-B and Actimab-A, for the treatment of AML. (bionapcfa.com)
- Four serine protease inhibitors (AEPI-I, II, III and IV) were isolated from the sea anemone Actinia equina by a slight modification of our previous method. (go.jp)
- We revealed specimens of Actinia equina (beadlet anemone) exhibiting a bright blue circle band at the edge of the basal disc. (portlandpress.com)
- Ae I from Actinia equina (Lin et al. (springer.com)
- Actinium is also similar to radium, the element just before it (number 88) in Row 7. (encyclopedia.com)
- The unstable radium decays, gives off radiation, and changes to actinium. (encyclopedia.com)
- Together with polonium, radium, and radon, actinium was one of the first non-primordial radioactive elements to be isolated. (wikipedia.org)
- Since it is so scarce in nature, actinium is generally produced through neutron irradiation of the radium isotope, 226 Ra within a nuclear reactor. (industrialheating.com)
- Actinium is found only in traces in uranium and thorium ores as the isotope 227Ac, which decays with a half-life of 21.772 years, predominantly emitting beta and sometimes alpha particles, and 228Ac, which is beta active with a half-life of 6.15 hours. (wikipedia.org)
- Actinium-225 (225Ac, Ac-225) is an isotope of actinium. (wikipedia.org)
- The Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory is now producing actinium-227 (Ac-227) to meet projected demand for a highly effective cancer drug through a 10-year contract between the U.S. DOE Isotope Program and Bayer. (news-medical.net)
- Actimab-A is an ARC or Antibody Radio-Conjugate comprised of the anti-CD33 antibody lintuzumab labeled with the alpha-emitting isotope Actinium-225. (globenewswire.com)
- In 1939 the French physicist Marguerite Perey (1909-1975), working with the radioactive element actinium , discovered a type of beta activity that was not quite like that of any known isotope. (thefreedictionary.com)
- an isotope of thallium produced in actinium decay, namely 207 Tl (half-life = 5 min). (archive.org)
- an isotope of radon produced in actinium decay, namely 219 Rn (half life = 4 s). (archive.org)
- Actimab-A consists of a similar monoclonal antibody to vadastuximab called lintuzumab, only Actinium uses the short-ranged (50-80 µm), high-energy (~100 keV/µm) alpha particle-emitting radioactive isotope Ac-225 to kill the cancer cells rather than the cytotoxic agent, pyrrolobenzodiazepine. (bionapcfa.com)
- One tonne of natural uranium in ore contains about 0.2 milligrams of actinium-227, and one tonne of thorium contains about 5 nanograms of actinium-228. (wikipedia.org)
- Actinium is found only in trace amounts, usually within uranium and thorium ores (only about 0.2 milligrams per ton of ore). (industrialheating.com)
- The third, actinium, was discovered in 1899 by a close friend of the Curies, French chemist Andr é Debierne (1874-1949). (encyclopedia.com)
- In 1899, French chemist Andre Debierne was the first to discover actinium while working alongside Pierre and Marie Curie with pitchblende (Fig. 3), a uranium-rich mineral. (industrialheating.com)
- Actinium was discovered by A. Debierne in 1899. (chemistry4students.com)
- Andre-Louis Debierne discovered actinium in 1899 in France. (factfile.org)
- Actinium was discovered in 1899 by André-Louis Debierne. (isoflex.com)
- Actinium's targeted radiotherapy products are based on its proprietary delivery platform for the therapeutic utilization of alpha-emitting actinium-225 and bismuth-213 and certain beta emitting radiopharmaceuticals in conjunction with monoclonal antibodies. (yahoo.com)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a New York, New York based biopharmaceutical company that develops innovative alpha particle immunotherapeutics based on its proprietary platform for the therapeutic utilization of alpha particle emitting actinium-225 and bismuth-213 isotopes in association with monoclonal antibodies. (prnewswire.com)
- Actinium-225 and Bismuth-213 are used in AIT However, both of these isotopes have low production yields and their production currently doesn't match the scales of their consumption in medical processes. (benthamscience.com)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals is engaged in the development and commercialization of alpha particle immunotherapeutics based on a unique patent position for the utilization of actinium-225 and bismuth-213. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Significant research has been done in the separation of the alpha emitter Bismuth-213 from its parent solution of Actinium-225 using organic resins. (tennessee.edu)
- Due to radiolytic damage to the resin emphasis in the research has focused on the rapid elution of Bismuth-213 or storage of the parent Actinium-225 solution on a more robust resin. (tennessee.edu)
- If an inorganic resin could retain its structural integrity then Actinium-225 could be loaded on an inorganic resin bed with a clinical dose of Bismuth-213 eluted from the column when needed. (tennessee.edu)
- The performance of two inorganic ion exchange resins, Isolute SCX and Isolute SCX-2, were compared to the performance of the organic resin AG-50X8 in the separation of the radionuclide Bismuth-213 from its parent solution of Actinium-225. (tennessee.edu)
- Performance was based on the percent of Bismuth-213 available eluted, and the breakthrough of Actinium-225. (tennessee.edu)
- Moore, Mark Alan, "The Separation of Bismuth-213 from Actinium-225 and the Ion Exchange Properties of the Alkali Metal Cations with an Inorganic Resin. (tennessee.edu)
- Debierne suggested the name actinium for the new element. (encyclopedia.com)
- the element got its name by being wrongly identified with a substance André-Louis Debierne found and called actinium. (wikipedia.org)
- Debierne named actinium after the ancient Greek word "aktis," meaning "beam. (industrialheating.com)
- In terms of our scientific pedigree, the company is world-class as are the institutions that we continue to work with," says Sandesh Seth, CEO of Actinium Inc. (siliconindia.com)
- In his new role, Steve will be a member of the leadership team and will report to Sandesh Seth, Executive Chairman of Actinium. (marketwired.com)
- Actinium is pleased to welcome Steve to team," said Sandesh Seth, Executive Chairman of Actinium. (marketwired.com)
- Sandesh Seth, Executive Chairman of Actinium Pharmaceuticals said, Steve s hiring represents another significant step in Actinium s growth and one that I am most excited about. (salesandmarketingnetwork.com)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ( www.actiniumpharma.com ) is a New York-based biopharmaceutical company developing innovative targeted payload immunotherapeutics for the treatment of advanced cancers. (yahoo.com)
- Actinium's most advanced products are Iomab-B, an antibody-drug construct containing the beta-emitter iodine-131 (I-131), used in myeloablative conditioning for hematopoietic stem cells transplantation (HSCT) in various indications, and Actimab-A, an antibody-drug construct containing the alpha-emitter actinium-225 (Ac-225), currently in clinical trials for acute myeloid leukemia (AML). (laidlawcm.com)
- The latest developments in alpha emitter therapy were discussed, such as clinical experiences with alpha emitters including actinium. (smarteranalyst.com)
- A review of the target (CD33), the antibody (Lintuzumab, also called HuM195) and the payload (actinium-225, a potent alpha-emitter) was given. (smarteranalyst.com)
- This investigation is a bioprospecting study that aims to isolate and identify protease inhibitors from the cnidarian Actinia tenebrosa . (diva-portal.org)
Isotopes of actin1
- About a dozen isotopes of actinium are known. (encyclopedia.com)
Undertakes no obligation1
- Actinium undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. (yahoo.com)
Labeled with the alpha-particle1
- Actinium's pipeline also includes a potentially best-in-class CD33 program with its ARC comprised of the anti-CD33 antibody lintuzumab labeled with the alpha-particle emitter actinium-225. (pharmiweb.com)
- Actinium is the third element in Row 7 of the periodic table , a chart that shows how the chemical elements are related to each other. (encyclopedia.com)
- Actinium has chemical properties like those of lanthanum (number 57), the element just above it in the periodic table. (encyclopedia.com)
- Actinium was the key element in giving the modern periodic table its shape, since Seaborg and his colleagues decided to cleave all the heavy elements known at the time--now called the actinides, after their first brother--and cordon them off at the bottom of the table. (thefreedictionary.com)
- In the periodic table, Actinium is symbolized in AC. (factfile.org)
- IUPAC agreed to include Actinium as an element in The Standardized Periodic Table in 1985. (factfile.org)
- In the Phase 1/2 trial, Actimab-A as a single agent produced a 69% remission rate (CR, CRi, CRp) at high doses in patients with newly diagnosed AML but Actinium elected to pursue low dose combination trials for therapeutic development based on observed myelosuppression. (prnewswire.com)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals announced that an abstract pertaining to its lead product candidate, Iomab-B, which is being studied in the pivotal Phase 3 SIERRA study, will be presented via poster at the 2019 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting held from May 31st-June 4th in Chicago. (thefreedictionary.com)
- With Iomab-B poised to enter a pivotal Phase 3 trial, Actimab-A moving towards a Phase 2 trial and an ever strengthening team it is an honor to join Actinium at such a momentous time for the Company. (marketwired.com)
- Actinium has commenced a Phase I/II multi-center AML trial with fractionated doses of Actimab-A. This will be an event driven trial that will look at overall survival. (laidlawcm.com)
- As with most lanthanides and many actinides, actinium assumes oxidation state +3 in nearly all its chemical compounds. (wikipedia.org)
- The first element of the actinides, actinium gave the group its name, much as lanthanum had done for the lanthanides. (wikipedia.org)
- The second group would be the fifteen elements running from actinium (number 89) to element number 103 inclusive, and they were named the actinides. (thefreedictionary.com)
SOURCE Actinium Pharmaceuticals1
- SOURCE Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (prnewswire.com)
- Like all radioactive materials, actinium is a health hazard. (encyclopedia.com)
- A soft, silvery-white radioactive metal, actinium reacts rapidly with oxygen and moisture in air forming a white coating of actinium oxide that prevents further oxidation. (wikipedia.org)
- Actinium (Fig. 1) is a soft, silvery-white metal that is highly radioactive, giving off a faint blue glow in the dark. (industrialheating.com)
- When exposed to air, the surface of actinium will immediately react with either oxygen or moisture in air to form a thin crust of white actinium oxide (Fig. 2), which will prevent further oxidation from taking place. (industrialheating.com)
- The close similarity of physical and chemical properties of actinium and lanthanum makes separation of actinium from the ore impractical. (wikipedia.org)
- Actinium has similar chemical properties to lanthanum and other lanthanides, and therefore these elements are difficult to separate when extracting from uranium ores. (wikipedia.org)
- The relationship of actinium to the element lanthanum, the prototype rare earth, is striking. (chemistry4students.com)
Biopharmaceutical company focused3
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing targeted therapies for safer myeloablation and conditioning of the bone marrow prior to a bone marrow transplant, and for the targeting and killing of cancer cells. (globenewswire.com)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing radioimmunotherapy drugs for the oncology market. (laidlawcm.com)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical-stage, Biopharmaceutical Company focused on developing and potentially commercializing therapies to cell therapies. (analystratings.com)
- Actinium intends to advance its Iomab-ACT program with CAR-T focused collaborators from academia and industry. (pharmiweb.com)
- Actinium Launches Iomab-ACT Program Offering Its Targeted. (pharmiweb.com)
- Actinium recently announced that it has developed an initial estate of six patents related to the Iomab-ACT program supported by its internal research and that it has the support of key physicians from the Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin for the clinical use of Iomab-ACT in conjunction with CAR-T therapy. (pharmiweb.com)
- Actinium intends to offer its Iomab-ACT program technology as a universal solution to developers of CAR-T products from academia and industry. (pharmiweb.com)
- Actinium formally introduced its Iomab-ACT program on September 26th, 2018 via a webcast in conjunction with the Froedtert and Medical College of Wisconsin, a leading CAR-T and FACT accredited medical institution that is working with the company on clinical advancement of the program. (pharmiweb.com)
- A popular name of the species of actinia and some other Actiniadae. (usf.edu)
- The purpose of this study is to find a safe dose of actinium-225 when it is labeled to HuM195. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Thus far, Actinium has consistently observed anti-leukemic activity across four clinical trials of its HuM195-actinium-225 construct, including two trials of its first generation compound, Bismab-A. The safety profile also appears to be acceptable, with moderate toxicities commonly seen with even mildest treatments in these extremely sick patients who presently has few effective therapeutic options. (smarteranalyst.com)
- Our most advanced alpha-particle based therapy, Actimab-A, is an anti-CD33 monoclonal antibody conjugated with the alpha-particle actinium-225 (Ac-225). (businessinsider.com)
- Actinium does not have the technology and operational capabilities to develop and manufacture monoclonal antibodies and it relies on collaboration with third parties to gain access to such monoclonal antibodies. (laidlawcm.com)
- Alpha emitters such as actinium-225 are favored in cancer treatment because of the short range (a few cell diameters) of alpha particles in tissue and their high energy, rendering them highly effective in targeting and killing cancer cells-specifically, alpha particles are more effective at breaking DNA strands. (wikipedia.org)
- On May 17 th , 2017, Actinium Pharma announced that Dr. Richard Stone , Chief of Staff and Program Director, Acute Leukemia at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School , has joined the Company's Scientific Advisory Board (SAB). (medindia.net)
- Actimab-A is intended to selectively deliver Actinium-225 to cause double stranded DNA breaks in cancer cells, for which there is no known resistance mechanism. (prnewswire.com)
- Or, contact the owner Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. of the FIGHTING CANCER, CELL BY CELL trademark by filing a request to communicate with the Legal Correspondent for licensing, use, and/or questions related to the FIGHTING CANCER, CELL BY CELL trademark. (trademarkia.com)
- Actinium-225 decays by giving off high-energy alpha particles, which kill cancer cells. (bioportfolio.com)
- When actinium decays, it produces a series of daughter atoms, each of which gives off its own alpha particle, increasing the chances that the cancer cell will be destroyed. (bioportfolio.com)
- For those not familiar with the company, Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Actinium) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company engaged in developing cancer treatments. (forexminute.com)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc (Actinium) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company engaged in developing cancer treatments. (ledgergazette.com)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc is a biopharmaceutical company which develops drugs for treatment of cancer. (smarteranalyst.com)
- Actinium could potentially also develop another BC8 antibody based radioimmunoconjugate for the treatment of Multiple Myeloma. (laidlawcm.com)
- At the forefront of this development is Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing ARCs. (siliconindia.com)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative-targeted therapies for patients with cancers lacking effective treatment options. (equities.com)
- Actinium is the only company with a multi-disease, multi-target, drug development pipeline focused on targeted conditioning. (pharmiweb.com)
- I am incredibly honored to join Actinium at this point in the Company s evolution and excited to be working with a strong and committed team , said Steve Price. (salesandmarketingnetwork.com)
- I look forward to working with Steve and the rest of the Actinium team in building a great company that is focused on improving outcomes for patients. (salesandmarketingnetwork.com)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ( www.actiniumpharma.co m ) is a New York-based biopharmaceutical company developing innovative targeted payload immunotherapeutics for the treatment of advanced cancers. (actiniumpharma.com)
- Based on Actinium Pharmaceuticals' latest earnings release for the quarter ending June 30, the company reported a quarterly GAAP net loss of $5.03 million. (analystratings.com)
- We believe Actinium could file a BLA with the FDA for Actimab-A in 2018. (laidlawcm.com)
- Actinium is also developing its proprietary AWE or Antibody Warhead Enabling technology platform which utilizes radioisotopes including iodine-131 and the highly differentiated actinium-225 coupled with antibodies to target a variety of antigens that are expressed in hematological and solid tumor cancers. (pharmiweb.com)
- The Company's products include Actimab-A, an antibody-drug construct containing actinium 225 (Ac-225), and Iomab-B, an antibody-drug construct containing iodine 131 (I-131). (forexminute.com)
- Actinium-225 ((225)Ac)-E4G10, an alpha-emitting antibody construct reactive with the unengaged form of vascular endothelial cadherin, is capable of potent, selective killing of tumor neovascular endothelium and late endothelial progenitors in bone-marrow and blood. (nih.gov)
- Actinium-225 has a half-life of 10 days and decays by alpha emission. (wikipedia.org)
Facts about actinium5
- Here are a few important facts about actinium. (industrialheating.com)
- If you are interested to know one of the rare earth elements, you have to check out Facts about Actinium . (factfile.org)
- Facts about Actinium 1: what are the rare earth elements? (factfile.org)
- Facts about Actinium 2: who discovers actinium? (factfile.org)
- Do you want to say something on facts about actinium ? (factfile.org)
Chemistry of actinium1
- 201. Hagemann F. The chemistry of actinium. (ximicat.com)
- Few compounds of actinium have been produced. (encyclopedia.com)
- The few compounds of actinium that are known are used solely for research purposes. (encyclopedia.com)
- Its symbol Ac is also used in abbreviations of other compounds that have nothing to do with actinium, such as acetyl, acetate and sometimes acetaldehyde. (wikipedia.org)
- Actinium-225 was discovered in 1947 as part of the hitherto unknown neptunium series, which was populated by the synthesis of 233U. (wikipedia.org)
- Actinium anticipates using the net proceeds for general corporate purposes, including capital expenditures, the advancement of our product candidates in clinical trials, such as Iomab™-B and Actimab-A, preclinical trials, to support licensing activities, and to meet working capital needs. (yahoo.com)
- In this role, Steve will initially focus on pre-commercial efforts including strategic planning and product messaging for Iomab-B, increasing awareness for Iomab-B, further developing relationships with the physician community, and supporting clinical trials for Actinium s current and future clinical programs. (salesandmarketingnetwork.com)
- We are currently conducting clinical trials for our three product candidates, Iomab-B, Actimab-A and Actimab-M, as well as performing research on other potential drug candidates utilizing our proprietary actinium-225 technology platform. (businessinsider.com)
- We expect our Actinium-225 Technology Platform will generate additional drug candidates that we will progress in clinical trials ourselves and or out-license. (businessinsider.com)
- SAB is comprised of independent physicians considered to be key opinion leaders in the field of hematology and bone marrow transplant that contribute to and advise Actinium on the development of Iomab-B, the Company's lead asset. (medindia.net)
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc. is focused on improving patient access and outcomes to cellular therapies such as bone marrow transplant (BMT) and CAR-T with its proprietary, chemotherapy free, targeted conditioning technology. (pharmiweb.com)
- I look forward to leveraging my experience and relationships to further enhance the profiles of Actinium s drug candidates to the hematology and bone marrow transplant community while positioning them for future success. (salesandmarketingnetwork.com)
- These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'actinium. (merriam-webster.com)
- Receive News & Ratings for Actinium Pharmaceuticals Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Actinium Pharmaceuticals and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter . (ledgergazette.com)