Achaete-Scute Complex Genome Region
Basic Helix-Loop-Helix Transcription Factors
Sequence Analysis, DNA
Chromosomes, Artificial, Bacterial
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Herpesvirus 1, Gallid
Peripheral Nervous System
The nervous system outside of the brain and spinal cord. The peripheral nervous system has autonomic and somatic divisions. The autonomic nervous system includes the enteric, parasympathetic, and sympathetic subdivisions. The somatic nervous system includes the cranial and spinal nerves and their ganglia and the peripheral sensory receptors.
Encyclopedias as Topic
Gene Expression Regulation, Developmental
Photoreceptor Cells, Invertebrate
Specialized cells that detect and transduce light. They are classified into two types based on their light reception structure, the ciliary photoreceptors and the rhabdomeric photoreceptors with MICROVILLI. Ciliary photoreceptor cells use OPSINS that activate a PHOSPHODIESTERASE phosphodiesterase cascade. Rhabdomeric photoreceptor cells use opsins that activate a PHOSPHOLIPASE C cascade.
Gene Expression Profiling
A common neoplasm of early childhood arising from neural crest cells in the sympathetic nervous system, and characterized by diverse clinical behavior, ranging from spontaneous remission to rapid metastatic progression and death. This tumor is the most common intraabdominal malignancy of childhood, but it may also arise from thorax, neck, or rarely occur in the central nervous system. Histologic features include uniform round cells with hyperchromatic nuclei arranged in nests and separated by fibrovascular septa. Neuroblastomas may be associated with the opsoclonus-myoclonus syndrome. (From DeVita et al., Cancer: Principles and Practice of Oncology, 5th ed, pp2099-2101; Curr Opin Oncol 1998 Jan;10(1):43-51)
A chronic endemic form of hypoplasia of the dental enamel caused by drinking water with a high fluorine content during the time of tooth formation, and characterized by defective calcification that gives a white chalky appearance to the enamel, which gradually undergoes brown discoloration. (Jablonski's Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p286)
A genus of venomous snakes of the subfamily Crotalinae. Twelve species of this genus are found in North and Central America and Asia. Agkistrodon contortrix is the copperhead, A. piscivorus, the cottonmouth. The former is named for its russet or orange-brown color, the latter for the white interior of its mouth. (Goin, Goin, and Zug, Introduction to Herpetology, 3d ed, p336; Moore, Poisonous Snakes of the World, 1980, p75)
Drugs, Chinese Herbal
Amino Acid Sequence
Journal Impact Factor
A rare autosomal recessive disease characterized by the deposition of copper in the BRAIN; LIVER; CORNEA; and other organs. It is caused by defects in the ATP7B gene encoding copper-transporting ATPase 2 (EC 18.104.22.168), also known as the Wilson disease protein. The overload of copper inevitably leads to progressive liver and neurological dysfunction such as LIVER CIRRHOSIS; TREMOR; ATAXIA and intellectual deterioration. Hepatic dysfunction may precede neurologic dysfunction by several years.
A disorder caused by hemizygous microdeletion of about 28 genes on chromosome 7q11.23, including the ELASTIN gene. Clinical manifestations include SUPRAVALVULAR AORTIC STENOSIS; MENTAL RETARDATION; elfin facies; impaired visuospatial constructive abilities; and transient HYPERCALCEMIA in infancy. The condition affects both sexes, with onset at birth or in early infancy.
An arthropod cis-regulatory element functioning in sensory organ precursor development dates back to the Cambrian. (1/5)(+info)
Distribution and function of splash, an achaete-scute homolog in the adult olfactory organ of the Caribbean spiny lobster Panulirus argus. (2/5)(+info)
Expression of the active Notch1 decreases MTC tumor growth in vivo. (3/5)(+info)
Nematostella vectensis achaete-scute homolog NvashA regulates embryonic ectodermal neurogenesis and represents an ancient component of the metazoan neural specification pathway. (4/5)(+info)
BMP and Delta/Notch signaling control the development of amphioxus epidermal sensory neurons: insights into the evolution of the peripheral sensory system. (5/5)(+info)
BMP and Delta/Notch signaling control the development of amphioxus epidermal sensory neurons: insights into the evolution of...
The evolution of the nervous system in metazoan animals has been a topic of great interest. It is thought that the first nerve cell (neuron) evolved in a common ancestor of cnidarians and bilaterians, because neuronal cell types are absent in their sister group, the sponges (Galliot et al., 2009). Although putative sensory cells do exist in the sponge, these cells do not form synapses and do not possess dendrites and axons (Richards et al., 2008). Although cnidarians typically have a diffuse nerve net, some regionalization patterns of neurons and their neurites have been identified in several types of cnidarians (Galliot et al., 2009; Watanabe et al., 2009). It is possible that these cnidarian nerve rings might represent a primitive organized nervous system. After the divergence of cnidarians and bilaterians, a centralized nervous system evolved in the bilaterian lineage (Arendt et al., 2008; Holland, 2003). The evolutionary origin of the central nervous system (CNS) in bilaterian animals has ...
Homology of Dipteran Bristles and Lepidopteran Scales: Requirement for the Bombyx mori achaete-scute Homologue ASH2 | Genetics
THE wing surface of lepidopteran adults is covered by wing scales, which function in heat preservation, mimesis, touch, etc. (Nijhout 1991). Lepidopteran scales and Drosophila bristles are considered homologous structures on the basis of the similarities in their cell lineages and the expression of a few molecular markers (Overton 1966, 1967; Galant et al. 1998). Development of the Drosophila bristle is regulated by the basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors of the Achaete-Scute Complex (AS-C). Within the clusters of cells expressing achaete (ac) and scute (sc), some are selected to become sensory organ precursors, which then form and innervate the mature bristles (Skeath and Carroll 1991; Jan and Jan 1994). In ac/sc double-mutant flies, the majority of the bristles are lost; on the contrary, ectopic expression of ac and/or sc can induce extra bristles (Garcia-Bellido 1979; Campuzano et al. 1986; Balcells et al. 1988; Rodriguez et al. 1990). In the butterfly Precis coenia, the AS-C ...
Achaete-scute homolog 4
Basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, such as ASCL4, are essential for the determination of cell fate and the development and differentiation of numerous tissues (Jonsson et al., 2004 [PubMed 15475265]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008 ...
Silver Palate | Salad Splashes
Our Salad Splashes are naturally fresh and light with just a hint of oil. They are all natural and are made with only the finest high quality ingredients. There is so much flavor that just a splash will do. Splashes are naturally fresh and light. Use just a dash of splash to freshen a salad. Just a little bit of Splash on a salad makes magic. But you can do so much more with our Splashes. You can sauté vegetables, marinate chicken, drizzle over a cold pasta salad or use it a dip for appetizers. Splash your imagination and watch your cooking come alive.. ...
Introducing our 2018 Big Splash Recipient, Garrett Haskin
Were excited to introduce you to our 2018 Big Splash and Ripple Effect recipients! Garrett Haskin is our 2018 Big Splash Recipient.
Splash Screen: Create a colorful stream of light with particles - Tutorials - gimpusers.com
You all probably know these images that are shown on starting up a certain program: these are so called splash screens. In this tutorial I will show you how to make a special, very beautiful splash...
NRS Mens Riptide Splash Jacket (Used) | NRS
Previous Model: The NRS Mens Riptide Jacket is serious splash protection for paddlers looking for something in between a basic splash jacket and a more restrictive paddling top.
Neocate Splash | Neocate
Neocate Splash, The first and only range of liquid nutritionally complete ready-to-feed amino acid-based nutrition for ages 1 and up.
Wife takes angry photo on Splash Mountain after husband refuses to ride with her - AOL News
Disney World might be known as the happiest place on Earth -- but this woman certainly didnt look happy during a ride on Splash Mountain.
XP stuck at Splash Screen - Page 3 - Windows XP, 2000, 2003, NT
Page 3 of 3 - XP stuck at Splash Screen - posted in Windows XP, 2000, 2003, NT: Are you using a full retail version of the XP disk and is it a original disk or is it a burned copy? If original then it may be a damaged disk causing the issue.
ALGENIST SPLASH Absolute Hydration Replenishing Sleeping Pack 60ml - GRATIS levering
Kjøp ALGENIST SPLASH Absolute Hydration Replenishing Sleeping Pack 60ml , eksklusive hudprodukter, hårprodukter, makeup and skjønnhetsprodukter på Lookfantastic.com med gratis levering.
Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita Splash Reviews
Before you buy Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita Splash, check out 45 Influenster reviews. Elizabeth G. said This tastes amazing. It is not too sweet but does...
GE to Splash New Cash on Buybacks, Payouts, Purchases - WSJ
GE will accelerate stock buybacks and dividend increases and pursue bolt-on acquisitions with the proceeds from selling its media business
gjhdigital, Author at GJHDigital - Website Design and Mobile App Development
This is how I add a Splash Screen in my Xamarin Forms apps Create a new ContentPage ie Splash.xaml Set…. Continue Reading →. ...
Splash | OWS
Sustainable PoLymers from Algae Sugars and Hydrocarbons Term September 1st, 2012 - August 31st, 2016 Project Two bioproduction platforms will be...
MAUDE - Manufacturer and User Facility Device Experience
6 records meeting your search criteria returned- Product Code: KRH Product Problem: Leak / Splash Report Date From: 01/1/2014 ...
Hot sex pissing films. High-Quality urinating adult movs. Page 3.
Hot sex pissing films. High-Quality urinating adult movs. Page 3. Lovely sweetie is geeting urinated on and splashes raw coochie.
Inter Research » AB » v14 » n3 » p223-232
ABSTRACT: Panulirus argus virus 1 (PaV1) is an unclassified, pathogenic virus first discovered in Caribbean spiny lobsters Panulirus argus from the Florida Keys, USA, and has since been confirmed in lobsters in other parts of the Caribbean. Several studies have examined the prevalence, pathogenicity, and population dynamics of the pathogen in the lobster host, but little is known about the genetic diversity of the virus. We analyzed a fragment of viral DNA from lobsters collected in the Florida Keys, which provided the first insight into the genetic diversity of PaV1. The variation in viral sequences, both within and between individual lobsters, indicates that lobsters can be infected with multiple viral strains. Laboratory experiments in which uninfected lobsters were serially exposed to lobsters inoculated with PaV1 implied that rapid mutation of strains is unlikely and suggest that there may be endemic strains of PaV1. In addition, we discovered PaV1 in P. argus postlarvae (pueruli), ...
Caribbean seagrass is awash with infected lobsters - but the habitat could be saving the species
The Caribbean spiny lobster Panulirus argus is under threat from a deadly virus. Panulirus argus 1 (PaV1) is found throughout the Caribbean, infecting up to 30% of lobsters in some areas.
XASH-3, a novel Xenopus achaete-scute homolog, provides an early marker of planar neural induction and position along the...
We have isolated a novel Xenopus homolog of the Drosophila achaete-scute genes, called XASH-3. XASH-3 expression is neural specific and is detected as early as stage 11 1/2, making it one of the earliest markers of neural induction so far described. Moreover, XASH-3 expression within the neural plate is regionally restricted. Transverse bands of XASH-3 mRNA mark discrete positions along the anteroposterior axis, while longitudinal bands mark a discrete position along the mediolateral axis. This latter site of XASH-3 expression appears to demarcate the prospective sulcus limitans, a boundary zone that later separates the functionally distinct dorsal (alar) and ventral (basal) regions of the spinal cord. In sandwich explants lacking any underlying mesoderm, XASH-3 is expressed in longitudinal stripes located lateral to the midline. This provides the first indication that planar or midline-derived inductive signals are sufficient to establish at least some aspects of positional identity along the ...
Conscious Brain-to-Brain Communication in Humans Using Non-Invasive Technologies
Human sensory and motor systems provide the natural means for the exchange of information between individuals, and, hence, the basis for human civilization. The recent development of brain-computer interfaces (BCI) has provided an important element for the creation of brain-to-brain communication systems, and precise brain stimulation techniques are now available for the realization of non-invasive computer-brain interfaces (CBI). These technologies, BCI and CBI, can be combined to realize the vision of non-invasive, computer-mediated brain-to-brain (B2B) communication between subjects (hyperinteraction). Here we demonstrate the conscious transmission of information between human brains through the intact scalp and without intervention of motor or peripheral sensory systems. Pseudo-random binary streams encoding words were transmitted between the minds of emitter and receiver subjects separated by great distances, representing the realization of the first human brain-to-brain interface. In a series of
Chronic neuropathic pain: Pathomechanism and pharmacology<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Chronic neuropathic pain. T2 - Pathomechanism and pharmacology. AU - Urban, L.. AU - Nagy, I.. AU - Bevan, S. J.. PY - 2002. Y1 - 2002. N2 - Neuropathic pain syndromes form a group of loosely connected diseases linked by the common presence of injury/damage to the peripheral sensory system and the resulting effect: chronic pain. Treatment of patients suffering from neuropathic pain is one of the most challenging clinical tasks as classical painkillers such as opioids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs lack antinociceptive effect in these syndromes. The recent development of various animal models aided our understanding of neuropathic pain and provided targets for analgesic intervention. The discovery of abnormal, ectopic activity in injured primary afferents, sprouting of large calibre primary afferent fibres to the superficial dorsal horn, and changes in protein expression in DRG (dorsal root ganglion) cells after injury has highlighted differences between the ...
Meinl 10 Byzance Vintage Splash - Thomann Portugal
Meinl Byzance Series, 10 Vintage Splash, Vintage Finish, material: b20 bronze, hand hammered, the Splash delivers a dry, trashy splash sound, ultra-fast response and short sustain,
Splash blocks | Home & Garden | Compare Prices at Nextag
Splash blocks - 311 results from brands BEHR, John Boos, Master Mark, products like Williamsburg Butcher Block Co. -12Ft Backsplash - 3/4 x 4 x 12 LFT Maple Backsplash - Butcher Block Kitchen Backsplash, Oakland Frog and Turtle Splash Block - Outdoor, Multicolor, Block Splash Metal Pedestal Cake Stand HC, Fine China Dinnerware - Multicolor Blacktrim/Rim Shape, Home & Garden
Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Waterproof Mascara
Read our review of Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Waterproof Mascara, winner of Best Waterproof Mascara. Compare Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Waterproof Mascara prices, specs, user reviews, and more.
Gillette Series After Shave Splash Cool Wave | Walgreens
Gillette Series After Shave Splash Cool Wave at Walgreens. Get free shipping at $35 and view promotions and reviews for Gillette Series After Shave Splash Cool Wave
LYSOL® Power & Free™ Multi-Purpose Cleaner, Oxygen Splash Scent, 22 oz. | Staples
Shop LYSOL® Power & Free™ Multi-Purpose Cleaner, Oxygen Splash Scent, 22 oz. at Staples. Choose from our wide selection of LYSOL® Power & Free™ Multi-Purpose Cleaner, Oxygen Splash Scent, 22 oz. and get fast & free shipping on select orders.
Spray / Splash Pad Guidelines for Owners and Operators - Niagara Region, Ontario
The purpose of this document is to provide direction to owners and operators of spray/ splash pads concerning the construction, operation, safety and maintenance of these facilities located within the Niagara region.. There are several risks associated with the use of spray/splash pads. These risks include injuries related to the physical structure and operation of the facility, as well as the risk of waterborne illnesses from exposure to contaminated water.. To reduce the risk of injury, illness or death to facility patrons, it is imperative that the owner/operator of a non-regulated recreational water facility construct, operate, and maintain the facility in a safe manner in accordance with applicable legislation and guidance material, including this document.. ...
Splash Fever Roller Blind
Please note that all of our Splash fabrics were previously known as Paint~Pot Our Paint~PotRoller Blinds are part of our large c
Milk splash with berry fruits | Premium Vector
Download this Premium Vector about Milk splash with berry fruits, and discover more than 6 Million Professional Graphic Resources on Freepik
Vator Splash alumni: which companies raised money in 2017
Vator Splash alumni: which companies raised money in 2017. Turo, PandaDoc, ShareRoot, FairClaims and many more are continue to attract VCs by Steven Loeb on December 26, 2017
Summer Infant Sparkle N Splash Newborn-to-Toddler Baby Bath - Blue Reviews
Before you buy Summer Infant Sparkle N Splash Newborn-to-Toddler Baby Bath - Blue, check out 1 Influenster reviews. Melissa T. said I received this...
BLITHE Patting Splash Mask Mini - 3 Types | YesStyle
Buy BLITHE Patting Splash Mask Mini - 3 Types at YesStyle.com! Quality products at remarkable prices. FREE Worldwide Shipping available!
Cellucor® Beta™ BCAA 12.2 oz. Tropical Splash | Vitamin World
Discover Beta™ BCAA 12.2 oz. Tropical Splash by Cellucor® comes packed with 10g of BCAAS, 1.6g Beta Alanine and 3g Citrulline Malate in a delicious taste! Buy it now at Vitamin World!
Pro-Stat Sugar Free Liquid Protein, Citrus Splash
Pro-Stat Sugar Free Liquid Protein Citrus Splash, Nutricia has reformulated their ProStat 64 liquid protein for more concentrated, sugar free nutrition.
Summer Infant Splish n Splash Newborn to Toddler Bath Tub
Perfect for baby through toddler age, this Summer Infant Splish n Splash bath tub features a sling for cradling your newborn and plenty of room for your toddler to play once the sling is removed.
Make a Splash: 50 Spectacular Pool Waterfalls and Water Features | Pool landscaping, Backyard pool, Swimming pool pictures
Apr 24, 2018 - A waterfall or water feature can make a pool even more appealing. Discover different types of features along with 50 examples sure to make a splash.
Thread-Safe Reactive Programming (SPLASH 2018 - Artifact Evaluation) - SPLASH 2018
Help others to build upon the contributions of your paper! The Artifact Evaluation process is a service provided by the community to help authors of accepted papers provide more substantial supplements to their papers so future researchers can more effectively build on and compare with previous work. Authors of papers that pass Round 1 of PACMPL (OOPSLA) will be invited to submit an artifact that supports the conclusions of their paper. The AEC will read the paper and explore the artifact to give feedback about how well the artifact supports the paper and how easy it is for future resear ...
mouse Ascl2 protein Summary Report | CureHunter
mouse Ascl2 protein: mammalian homolog of the Drosophila achaete-scute complex; expressed in neuronal precursors; RefSeq NM_008554
June, July & August - 9:30am until 4:30pm (no admittance after 4 pm). We are open every day of the week (including Sundays and Holidays). ...
Russian navy USO video, page 1
For comparison here is a US video of some folks doing something daft with dead pigs, no where near as fast so arguably if there was going to be a splash there should have been a much larger one with a huge swell coming out from it at that speed unless whatever allows some UFO/USO to enter the water with no splash was not yet fully on or something ...
The Hulu Splash allows brands to intercept nearly every unique user on a single day. With the ability to manage frequency and deliver enormous reach, the Hulu Splash ensures your brand is top-of-mind on key campaign dates.. ...
CityStream: Making A Splash | seattlechannel.org
We`re taking the plunge on this week`s episode of CityStream! Find out how new women-only, Saturday swim sessions and lessons at city pools are breaking down barriers.
Innovation/Transformation - Creating a Ripple Not a Splash
Maxwell Maltz was an American cosmetic surgeon and author of Psycho-Cybernetics, which was a system of ideas that he claimed could improve ones self-image. During his studies, he observed the…
Luzern Laboratories Organic Cosmeceuticals Review: The calm of nature with the power of science. | Splash Magazines | Los...
Luzern, with roots in European skincare since 1996, has combined the benefits of organic and medical principles in its anti-aging cleansers, crèmes, serums and masks
logo full white site | Mezz Brands
When the oak is before the ash then you will only get a splash when the ash is before the oak then you may expect a soak.. Reply ...
Harley Earls vision of the future, the Buick Y-Job, | Hemmings Daily
Most show cars make a big splash on their introduction, maybe tour the country or a few different countries for a year or so, then descend into warehouse purgat
DMC-G85M Micro Four Thirds - Panasonic Canada
Explore Panasonic DMC-G85M - Micro Four Thirds - Packing a 5-Axis Dual I.S. 2 and 4K technologies, the splash/dustproof field shooting camera LUMIX G85 captures your outdoor activities exquisite image quality.
Echograph : Make Animated GIF and MP4 photograp...
Echograph is the intersection of photography and video. Insert splashes of video into still photos. Explore this new creative medium that merges video with photos. | Reflections from a Life Lived
DMC-G85 Micro Four Thirds - Panasonic Canada
Explore Panasonic DMC-G85 - Micro Four Thirds - Packing a 5-Axis Dual I.S. 2 and 4K technologies, the splash/dustproof field shooting camera LUMIX G85 captures your outdoor activities exquisite image quality.
The formation of neuroblasts depends on the Achaete-scute complex genes - achaete (ac), scute (sc), lethal of scute (lsc) and ... The helixes mediate dimerization, and the adjacent basic region is required for DNA binding. The human genome contains ... Members of achaete-scute complex, such as achaete and scute, as well as ''atonal'' and ''daughterless'' confer to ectodermal ... Later on, in the 1970s, the achaete-scute complex, a complex of genes that are involved in regulating the early steps of neural ...
Achaete-scute complex homolog 2 (Drosophila), also known as ASCL2, is an imprinted human gene. This gene is a member of the ... Human ASCL2 genome location and ASCL2 gene details page in the UCSC Genome Browser. Miyamoto T, Jinno Y, Sasaki T, Ikeda Y, ... gene region". Journal of Human Genetics. 43 (1): 69-70. doi:10.1007/s100380050041. PMID 9610003. Onions J, Hermann S, ... Achaete-scute complex homolog 2 (ASCL2) is a maternally expressed imprinted gene that codes is a part of the basic helix-loop- ...
... the Achaete-scute complex, it was originally named MASH-1 for mammalian achaete scute homolog-1. This gene encodes a member of ... Human ASCL1 genome location and ASCL1 gene details page in the UCSC Genome Browser. This article incorporates text from the ... transcriptional regulation by dual inhibitory regions". Cell Growth & Differentiation. 8 (6): 677-86. PMID 9186001. Lo L, ... "Entrez Gene: ASCL1 achaete-scute complex homolog 1 (Drosophila)". Sanes DH (2011). The development of the nervous system. ...
... to tag certain regions of the genome where AP site damage occurrence has been significant. Another genome-wide mapping ... "Translational regulation of the human achaete-scute homologue-1 by fragile X mental retardation protein". The Journal of ... Metal complexes have a number of features that make them particularly suitable as G4 DNA binders and therefore as potential ... AP site damage was found to be predominant in PQS regions of the genome, where formation of G-quadruplex structures is ...
The preinitiation complex binds to promoter regions of DNA upstream to the gene that they regulate. Other transcription factors ... Achaete-Scute 1.2.4 Family: Tal/Twist/Atonal/Hen 1.3 Class: Helix-loop-helix / leucine zipper factors (bHLH-ZIP) 1.3.1 Family: ... The number of transcription factors found within an organism increases with genome size, and larger genomes tend to have more ... Genome Informatics. International Conference on Genome Informatics. 15 (2): 276-86. PMID 15706513. Archived from the original ...
The preinitiation complex binds to promoter regions of DNA upstream to the gene that they regulate. ... 1.2.3 Family: Achaete-Scute. *1.2.4 Family: Tal/Twist/Atonal/Hen ... Thus, given the genome sequence it is still difficult to ... "Genome Informatics. International Conference on Genome Informatics. 15 (2): 276-86. PMID 15706513. Archived from the original ... The number of transcription factors found within an organism increases with genome size, and larger genomes tend to have more ...
It is suspected CFAP298 is found in the brain early in development due to the two achaete-scute complex homologue transcription ... transcription start sites and discovery of a large number of additional exons in ENCODE regions". Genome Res. 17 (6): 746-59. ... 30062-6.pdf Human CFAP298 genome location and CFAP298 gene details page in the UCSC Genome Browser. Denoeud F, Kapranov P, Ucla ... The CFAP298 gene lies within the critical region of Down Syndrome. There are no clear paralogs in humans, but the gene has ...
Chen H, Kunnimalaiyaan M, Van Gompel JJ (2006). "Medullary thyroid cancer: the functions of raf-1 and human achaete-scute ... enabling complex movements and profound conformational rearrangements within the molecule. This hinge region contains a small, ... Human RAF1 genome location and RAF1 gene details page in the UCSC Genome Browser. Overview of all the structural information ... Historically, this autoinhibitory block was labelled as the CR1 region ("Conserved Region 1"), the hinge region being named CR2 ...
Proneural genes - Wikipedia
The formation of neuroblasts depends on the Achaete-scute complex genes - achaete (ac), scute (sc), lethal of scute (lsc) and ... The helixes mediate dimerization, and the adjacent basic region is required for DNA binding. The human genome contains ... Members of achaete-scute complex, such as achaete and scute, as well as atonal and daughterless confer to ectodermal ... Later on, in the 1970s, the achaete-scute complex, a complex of genes that are involved in regulating the early steps of neural ...
ASCL2 - Wikipedia
Achaete-scute complex homolog 2 (Drosophila), also known as ASCL2, is an imprinted human gene. This gene is a member of the ... Human ASCL2 genome location and ASCL2 gene details page in the UCSC Genome Browser. Miyamoto T, Jinno Y, Sasaki T, Ikeda Y, ... gene region". Journal of Human Genetics. 43 (1): 69-70. doi:10.1007/s100380050041. PMID 9610003. Onions J, Hermann S, ... Achaete-scute complex homolog 2 (ASCL2) is a maternally expressed imprinted gene that codes is a part of the basic helix-loop- ...
Daughterless is required for Drosophila photoreceptor cell determination, eye morphogenesis, and cell cycle progression -...
Genomic characterization of a repetitive motif strongly associated with developmental genes in Drosophila | BMC Genomics | Full...
The other copy located in D. virilis is present within the enhancer region of the achaete-scute (ac-sc) complex (Accession No. ... Coding regions constitute a small portion of metazoan genomes, representing ~24% of the small genome of Drosophila melanogaster ... Finishing a whole-genome shotgun: Release 3 of the Drosophila melanogaster euchromatic genome sequence. Genome Biol. 2002, 3: ... This led to the identification of the 25-30 bp motif in many regions of the fly genome (more than 300 hits). This motif does ...
Molecular markers for identified neuroblasts and ganglion mother cells in the Drosophila central nervous system | Development
1990) Defective neuroblast commitment in mutants of the achaete-scute complex and adjacent genes of D. melanogaster. Neuron 5, ... 1979) A region of the Drosophila genome necessary for CNS development. Nature 282, 310-312. ... 1990) Lateral inhibition and cell fate during neurogenesis in Drosophila: the interactions between scute, Notch and Delta. ...
SCORE: A computational approach to the identification of cis-regulatory modules and target genes in whole-genome sequence data ...
... bHLH activators encoded by the achaete-scute complex. Enriched bins (purity ≥50%, P , 0.005) from the proneural activator ... 0 regions of the cluster matrix. This highly unusual genome segment, which we call the A Lot of Su(H) Sites (ALS) region, ... However, these techniques address only part of the informational content of the genome. The complex blueprint that controls the ... The first bin in the matrix where each region was found is marked in Fig. 2; the specifications of each region, including the ...
Find Research outputs - National Cheng Kung University
Achaete-Scute Complex Genome Region Entry term(s). Achaete Scute Complex Genome Region Achaete Scute Gene Complex Achaete-Scute ... Achaete Scute Complex Genome Region. Achaete Scute Gene Complex. Achaete-Scute Gene Complex. Gene Complex, Achaete-Scute. Gene ... Achaete-Scute Complex Genome Region - Preferred Concept UI. M0541078. Scope note. A genomic region found in DROSOPHILA. The ... Achaete Scute Complex Genome Region [G05.360.340.024.380.124] Achaete Scute Complex Genome Region ...
尋找研究成果 - 國立成功大學
王 智揚 - 指紋 - 臺北醫學大學
Find Research Projects - Research Nebraska
Locus Control Region | Harvard Catalyst Profiles | Harvard Catalyst
Achaete-Scute Complex Genome Region. *Locus Control Region. *Major Histocompatibility Complex. *Minor Histocompatibility Loci ... A regulatory region first identified in the human beta-globin locus but subsequently found in other loci. The region is ... "Locus Control Region" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicines controlled vocabulary thesaurus, MeSH (Medical ... CTCF-binding elements 1 and 2 in the Igh intergenic control region cooperatively regulate V(D)J recombination. Proc Natl Acad ...
Genetic Loci | Harvard Catalyst Profiles | Harvard Catalyst
Achaete-Scute Complex Genome Region. *Locus Control Region. *Major Histocompatibility Complex. *Minor Histocompatibility Loci ... Specific regions that are mapped within a GENOME. Genetic loci are usually identified with a shorthand notation that indicates ... Statistical power and utility of meta-analysis methods for cross-phenotype genome-wide association studies. PLoS One. 2018; 13( ...
Pesquisa | Portal Regional da BVS
... the Achaete-Scute Complex - to demarcate the regions of the body where bristles can form. We found 4-5 Achaete-Scute Complex ... homologue genes (ASH) in the mammalian genome, which are homologous with scute in Drosophila. Although ASH2 and ASH3 have ... To investigate whether the members of the mammalian Achaete-Scute Complex homologue (ASH) gene family have evolved functional ... The distribution of iSNVs along the SARS-CoV-2 genome was analyzed and co-occurring iSNVs among COVID-19 patients were ...
GSE76652 - Silencing of ASCL1 in U87MG glioma cells - OmicsDI
Notably, a neural reprogramming factor, ASCL1 (achaete-scute complex-like 1), was highly induced by EWS-WT1 in MEFs and in ... INSTRUMENT(S): [HG-U133_Plus_2] Affymetrix Human Genome U133 Plus 2.0 Array [CDF: Brainarray HGU133Plus2_Hs_ENTREZG_v15] ... Further analysis demonstrated that EWS-WT1 directly binds to the proximal promoter region of ASCL1 and activates its ... Here we identify FOXO3 direct targets genome-wide in primary cultures of adult neural progenitor cells (NPCs). Interestingly, ...
Novel locus on chromosome 12q22-q23.3 responsible for familial temporal lobe epilepsy associated with febrile seizures |...
... achaete scute complex like 1, MIM 100790), which play a role in axon guidance and neuronal commitment and differentiation, ... which corresponds to a 8.7 Mb region (UCSC genome browser). ... Other candidate genes in this region are VGLUT3 (vesicular ... An autosomal dominant pattern of inheritance with reduced disease penetrance of 80% was seen.22 Before the genome screen, we ... This mapped the disease gene for familial temporal lobe epilepsy and febrile seizures to a 10.35 cM region between markers ...
What's hot today: Current papers in developmental biology and gene function
Most of the achaete-scute complex of the fly Calliphora vicina (including the genes achaete, scute and lethal of scute) have ... This study demonstrates genome-wide and physical association between Nup98 and histone-modifying complexes MBD-R2/NSL and Trx/ ... Copper was found to be concentrated in the copper cell region but also in the region directly anterior to the copper cells and ... The achaete-scute complex has been a useful paradigm for the study of pattern formation and its evolution. achaete-scute genes ...
SoxNeuro orchestrates central nervous system specification and differentiation in Drosophila and is only partially redundant...
Using a combination of genome-wide binding analysis and gene expression profiling, we show that SoxNeuro directs embryonic ... D) SoxN and Dichaete common binding across the achaete-scute complex. (E) SoxN unique binding in proximity of robo3. (F) ... The genome-wide binding profiles of SoxN and Dichaete in wild-type embryos showed extensive overlap (2,893 regions, 1,890 genes ... including the proneural genes of the achaete-scute complex, the DV patterning TFs encoded by Dr and vnd, and the NB temporal ...
ICC 2018 Meeting
Achaete-Scute-Complex and Snail transcription factors, Prospero, Elav). We then performed in situ hybridization on embryos and ... with changes only around the control region. However, the genome of G. ovalis is very different from that of non-cymothoidan ... We conducted genome survey of Chthamalus challengeri as a preceding step to obtain genetic information through whole genome ... We conducted genome survey of Chthamalus challengeri as a preceding step to obtain genetic information through whole genome ...
PERSPECTIVE: EVOLUTIONARY DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY AND THE PROBLEM OF VARIATION, Evolution | 10.1111/j.0014-3820.2000.tb00544.x |...
Molecular and phenotypic variation in the achaete‐scute region of Drosophila melanogaster ... Complex modular cis ‐acting elements regulate expression of the cardiac specifying homeobox gene Csx/Nkx2.5 ... The role of the genome project in determining gene function: insights from model organisms ... Upstream regions of the human cardiac actin gene that modulate its transcription in muscle cells: presence of an evolutionarily ...
ascl4 compound name
Official Full Name: achaete-scute complex homolog 4: Background: Basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, such as ASCL4, ... Genome Browser and Ensembl. on the Histogram. Restrict the view to a region of been screened for mutations. Creative BioMart ... Official Full Name: achaete-scute complex homolog 4: Background: Basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, such as ASCL4, ... Science for Kids gene target information for ASCL3 - achaete-scute family bHLH factor. Usability of our website an ionic ...
Mackay and Langley (1990) and Lai and colleagues (1994) have shown that normal allelic variants at the achaete-scute complex ... At this point we have excluded most region of the genome as harboring a QTL and have narrowed our search to several candidate ... Mackay TFC, Langley CH (1990) Molecular and phenotypic variation in the achaete-scute region of Drosophila melanogaster. Nature ... achaete-scute complex (T1a, T2-T5) control the relative abundance of different classes of neurons. Homologs of several of these ...
hairy: A Quantitative Trait Locus for Drosophila Sensory Bristle Number | Genetics
1989 Reduced variation in the yellow-achaete-scute region in natural populations of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics 122: 607- ... and the achaete-scute complex (Longet al. 2000), was indeed associated with naturally occurring phenotypic variation in bristle ... Position 1 of the alignment corresponds to position 8,591,371 of the 3L sequence of Berkeley Drosophila Genome Project genome ... homozygous h region NIL; (iii) h region NIL as heterozygotes against Sam; h1 (BC20); (iv) h region NIL as heterozygotes against ...
Chromosomal Elements Evolve at Different Rates in the Drosophila Genome | Genetics
We can ask whether or not such complexes are conserved in D. repleta. The achaete-scute complex (AS-C) has been studied ... When the physical maps of this region are compared, only a segment of ~130 kb, which includes the genes achaete and scute, has ... 1998 The achaete-scute complex as an integrating device. Int. J. Dev. Biol. 42: 275-282. ... This DNA contains many cis-regulatory sequences that coregulate the achaete and scute (but not the lethal-of-scute and asense) ...
Achaete-scute complex homologue 1 regulates tumor-initiating capacity in human small cell lung cancer. Cancer Res 2009;69:845- ... A genome-wide association study of lung cancer identifies a region of chromosome 5p15 associated with risk for adenocarcinoma. ... UTR of mammalian Achaete-Scute Complex homolog 1 (MASH1 or ASCL1), were finally selected. Genomic DNA isolated from peripheral ... UTR of the L-MYC gene MYCL1 and the neuronal development Achaete-Scute Complex homolog ASCL1. Case-control analyses showed that ...
Natural Variation in Neuron Number in Mice Is Linked to a Major Quantitative Trait Locus on Chr 11 | Journal of Neuroscience
Some of these QTLs are now known to correspond to key proneural and neurogenic genes, includingachaete-scute, atonal, enhancer ... Nnc1 maps between Hoxb and Krt1(Watkins-Chow et al., 1996). This region contains three strong candidates for Nnc1: Rara, Thra, ... A genome-wide search using simple and composite interval-mapping techniques revealed a major QTL on chromosome (Chr) 11 in a 3 ... Genetic variation in complex traits is thought to be generated by large numbers of loci that usually have comparatively small ...
Selective maintenance of Drosophila tandemly arranged duplicated genes during evolution | Genome Biology | Full Text
Using in situ gene expression data for more than half of the Drosophila genome, we find that genes in these conserved clusters ... Most genes arise by duplication and move along the genome by random shuffling of DNA segments. Higher order structuring of the ... Our results highlight the association between genome architecture and the gene regulatory networks involved in the construction ... genome occurs in eukaryotes, where groups of physically linked genes are co-expressed. However, the contribution of gene ...
Esthesioneuroblastoma: Practice Essentials, Pathophysiology, Epidemiology
Human achaete-scute homologue (hASH1) mRNA level as a diagnostic marker to distinguish esthesioneuroblastoma from poorly ... This is partially due to the ability to analyze cancer genomes on a whole genome basis. Recently, a tool called array ... Olfactory neuroblastoma and other round cell lesions of the sinonasal region. Mod Pathol. 1996 Jun. 9(6):658-63. [Medline]. ... Due to the rare and complex nature of ENB, multiple opinions exist regarding the etiology, optimal staging system, and ...
The COP9 Signalosome Converts Temporal Hormone Signaling to Spatial Restriction on Neural Competence | proLékaře.cz
1985) Molecular genetics of the achaete-scute gene complex of D. melanogaster. Cell 40: 327-338. ... achaete and scute genes are controlled by combinations of axis-patterning genes through a common intergenic control region. ... Článek Genome-Wide Associations between Genetic and Epigenetic Variation Influence mRNA Expression and Insulin Secretion in ... The CSN complex and ecdysone receptors act in the same genetic pathway and form protein complexes to block BR-Z1 expression in ...
Characterization of differential transcript abundance through time during Nematostella vectensis development | BMC Genomics |...
These include an achaete-scute homologue (ID: 106438), also known as NvashB, which functions in proneural patterning in other ... vectensis genome), 18S (GenBank: AF254382.1) and the mitochondrial genome (including 16S and 12S; GenBank: DQ643835.1). 762 ... However, these data suggest that the Smg CCR4/NOT transcription complex pathway for degradation of maternal RNAs may be present ... and decrease formation of posterior body regions . While multiple N. vectensis wnts have been studied with in situ ...
GenesDrosophilaHomologASCL1Human Achaete-Scute homologueProteinsProteinLociTranscription factorASCL2Metazoan genomesChromosomeEukaryotic genomesNeuronalChromatinChromosomalMelanogasterTranscriptional activatorsSequencesExpressionGeneticsMouse genomeDraft genomeMutationsXenopusLocusBristleMutantsTraitsBiologyLocalizationCancer GenomWhole-genome sGenomic regionsPolymeraseCDNANotchTranscriptomeCell CycleVariationDifferentiationRegulatoryOrganismSCLCSequenceEmbryos
- Later on, in the 1970s, the achaete-scute complex, a complex of genes that are involved in regulating the early steps of neural development in Drosophila, were identified[by whom? (wikipedia.org)
- Using molecular tools it was possible to isolate the first four genes of this complex: achaete (ac), scute (sc), lethal of scute (lsc) and asense (ase). (wikipedia.org)
- and two ato-related genes, amos and cato, were later-isolated, defining a second family of proneural genes - atonal complex. (wikipedia.org)
- We have identified a 27 bp cis -regulatory sequence widely distributed within the Drosophila genome in association with developmental genes. (biomedcentral.com)
- While searching the D. melanogaster wg intron sequences for putative regulatory regions using an evolutionary comparative approach, we identified a 27 bp long motif that is overrepresented within the D. melanogaster genome and that is strongly associated with genes involved in development and/or signal transduction. (biomedcentral.com)
- Computational methods for predicting novel protein coding genes in whole-genome sequence data are quite advanced, and various strategies for recognizing transcription units that generate noncoding RNAs are also available. (pnas.org)
- The region contains genes encoding BASIC HELIX-LOOP-HELIX TRANSCRIPTION FACTORS that play a critical role in the regulation of pattern formation during EMBRYONIC DEVELOPMENT. (bvsalud.org)
- The chromosomal regions that harbor genes that control this variation are being identified using recombinant inbred strains and intercross-backcross progeny. (nervenet.org)
- In genetic model organisms in which controlled crosses can be made and mutations at positional candidate genes generated, quantitative complementation tests of QTL alleles to mutant and wild-type alleles of candidate genes in the QTL region can narrow the number of positional candidate genes targeted for such association studies ( M ackay 2001 ). (genetics.org)
- In this study, we took an in silico approach to identify single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) within the 3′-untranslated region (UTR) of miRNA genes deregulated in human small-cell lung cancer (SCLC), and then investigated their associations with SCLC susceptibility in 666 SCLC patients and 758 controls. (aacrjournals.org)
- MicroRNAs (miRNA) are a class of small, noncoding RNA molecules that regulate gene expression through binding the 3′-untranslated region (3′-UTR) of mRNAs of their target genes, resulting in mRNA cleavage or translation repression ( 13 ). (aacrjournals.org)
- Three strong candidate genes have been mapped previously to the same region as Nnc1 . (jneurosci.org)
- Some of these QTLs are now known to correspond to key proneural and neurogenic genes, including achaete-scute , atonal , enhancer of split , hairy , Notch , and scabrous ( Mackay, 1995 ). (jneurosci.org)
- The physical organization and chromosomal localization of genes within genomes is known to play an important role in their function. (biomedcentral.com)
- Most genes arise by duplication and move along the genome by random shuffling of DNA segments. (biomedcentral.com)
- Higher order structuring of the genome occurs in eukaryotes, where groups of physically linked genes are co-expressed. (biomedcentral.com)
- Using in situ gene expression data for more than half of the Drosophila genome, we find that genes in these conserved clusters are co-expressed to a much higher extent than other duplicated genes. (biomedcentral.com)
- The simple idea that the functionality of eukaryotic genomes is determined solely by the content of genes and their regulatory regions has been gradually replaced by a more complex view, which recognizes a crucial role for the way in which these functional elements are distributed and organized. (biomedcentral.com)
- The identification of substantial overlap in the expression patterns between genes within these groups suggests that these arrangements might be first fixed and subsequently maintained by the need for certain shared regulatory regions. (biomedcentral.com)
- In contrast to prokaryotes, where functionally related and co-expressed neighboring genes (mostly arranged in operons) are abundant and easily identified, eukaryotic genomes present an apparently much more complex organization, in which genes with no obviously ordered distribution predominate and co-exist with a smaller class of clustered, co-expressed genes. (biomedcentral.com)
- In fact, the identification of these clusters of duplicated genes underlines the importance of gene organization in eukaryotic genomes [ 8 ], and provides important information about how genes evolve after their duplication. (biomedcentral.com)
- The activity of genes of the achaete-scute ( ac-sc ) family endows cells with neural potential. (beds.ac.uk)
- Proneural genes are conserved throughout the animal kingdom and fall into two main classes: the achaete-scute ( ac-sc ) and atonal ( ato ) gene families. (beds.ac.uk)
- The D. melanogaster ac-sc gene complex (AS-C) comprises four genes, three of which are required for bristle development. (beds.ac.uk)
- Parthenogenetic mouse embryos with two maternal genomes die early in development due to the misexpression of imprinted genes. (plos.org)
- Parthenogenones possess two maternally-derived genomes and would be expected to possess abnormal levels of transcript of all known imprinted genes, that is, lack of expression of paternally expressed genes (two inactive copies), and over-expression of maternally expressed genes (two active copies). (plos.org)
- Bristle development is dependent on the activity of basic Helix-Loop-Helix transcription factors encoded by the achaete ( ac ) and scute ( sc ) genes. (sdbonline.org)
- The data obtained suggested that EAST protein belonged to a new regulatory system, which was common to most of the genes, and repressed transcription of the genes located in the euchromatin regions of the chromosomes. (deepdyve.com)
- TFs work alone or with other proteins in a complex, by promoting (as an activator ), or blocking (as a repressor ) the recruitment of RNA polymerase (the enzyme that performs the transcription of genetic information from DNA to RNA) to specific genes. (wikipedia.org)
-  Therefore, approximately 10% of genes in the genome code for transcription factors, which makes this family the single largest family of human proteins. (wikipedia.org)
- Transcription factors bind to either enhancer or promoter regions of DNA adjacent to the genes that they regulate. (wikipedia.org)
- We take here an unbiased, genome-wide approach to identify genes that may act at any stage to ensure the correct differentiation of ASEL. (prolekarniky.cz)
- Screening a genome-wide RNAi library that knocks-down 18,179 genes (94% of the genome), we identified 245 genes that affect the development of the ASEL neuron, such that the neuron is either not generated, its fate is converted to that of another cell, or cells from other lineage branches now adopt ASEL fate. (prolekarniky.cz)
- Wang, and A. Delta 19-12 DrosophilageneticistsoftencallNotchaneurogenic gene and the achaete-scute genes proneural. (retzepti.ru)
- We show that the extreme Hw49c allele contains an inversion with a breakpoint within the AS-C, while the weak Hw685 allele is associated with a terminal deletion of the X chromosome which removes the achaete region of the AS-C. In both cases, foreign DNA in contact with the breakpoints presumably enhances expression of AS-C genes. (nih.gov)
- Overexpression of achaete (T5) or scute alpha (T4) genes was previously found in Hw mutants associated with insertions of transposable elements (Hw1, HwBS and HwUa, Campuzano et al. (nih.gov)
- Here, we demonstrate that Syn and dlg1 are direct target genes of Da in adult Drosophila heads, as Da binds to the regulatory regions of these genes and the modulation of Da levels alter the levels of Syn and dlg1 mRNA. (biologists.org)
- NOTCH genes encode for highly conserved cell membrane receptors from Drosophila to humans that orchestrate a complex signaling pathway involving a number of ligands, negative and positive modifiers, and transcription factors [ 5 ]. (hindawi.com)
- Successful implication of allelic and nucleotide variation in candidate genes in the production of phenotypic variation is aided by low amounts of LD, due to substantial historical recombination, in the fly genome. (biomedcentral.com)
- In Drosophila, the proneural genes of the achaete-scute complex encode transcriptional activators that can commit cells to a neural fate. (xenbase.org)
- The genes that are not expressed are frequently in an 'inactive' region of the chromatin. (psu.edu)
- My thesis aims to gain insights into the genes regulating NPC proliferation using a phenotypic-driven, genome-wide approach. (ubc.ca)
- This motif may be very useful towards the annotation of functional regulatory regions within the Drosophila genome and the construction of regulatory networks of Drosophila development. (biomedcentral.com)
- Achaete-scute complex homolog 2 (Drosophila), also known as ASCL2, is an imprinted human gene. (wikipedia.org)
- We have carried out a Drosophila genomewide inventory of predicted binding sites for the Notch-regulated transcription factor Suppressor of Hairless [Su(H)] and found that the fly genome contains highly nonrandom clusterings of Su(H) sites over a broad range of sequence intervals. (pnas.org)
- Perl scripts (available on request) were written to search the Drosophila genome for matches to binding site consensus sequences. (pnas.org)
- Release 2 (October, 2000) chromosome arm sequences and gene annotation data were downloaded from the Berkeley Drosophila Genome Project web site ( http://www.bdgp.org ). (pnas.org)
- A genomic region found in DROSOPHILA. (bvsalud.org)
- Reduced variation in the yellow-achaete-scute region in natural populations of Drosophila melanogaster. (google.at)
- Together, our results support a model in which the LRRs of Kek1 in conjunction with its juxta/transmembrane region direct association and inhibition of the Drosophila EGFR through interactions with receptor domain V. (labome.org)
- The genome of Drosophila contains two DSL ligands, Delta (Dl) and Serrate (Ser), which are structurally related in their extracellular domain (ECD). (elifesciences.org)
- Investigation of the genetic topography of the scute locus in Drosophila melanogaster. (nsu.ru)
- Furman D. P., Rodin S. N., Kozhemyakina T. A. Mobile elements distribution and quantitative character penetrance in the scute mutants of Drosophila melanogaster induced in the system of P-M hybrid dysgenesis // Genetika. (nsu.ru)
- Localization of mobile elements P and hobo in the genomes of isofemale Drosophila lines obtained from a natural population from Biisk (Altai) was analyzed using in situ hybridization. (nsu.ru)
- Hairy-wing (Hw) mutations are caused by modifications of the achaete-scute complex (AS-C) which promote development of extra sensory organs on the cuticle of Drosophila melanogaster. (nih.gov)
- Drosophila proneural proteins Achaete (Ac) and Scute (Sc) induce external sensory organ formation by activating neural precursor gene expression. (biologists.org)
- In Drosophila , bHLH proneural proteins encoded by achaete ( ac ) and scute ( sc ) induce the formation of external sensory (ES) organs that function in mechano- and chemo-sensory reception. (biologists.org)
- Regions of sequence similarity between the vertebrate ASH1 / ASH3 proteins and the Drosophila AS-C proteins are shaded. (xenbase.org)
- Achaete-scute complex homolog 2 (ASCL2) is a maternally expressed imprinted gene that codes is a part of the basic helix-loop-helix (BHLH) transcription factor family. (wikipedia.org)
- Bioclone provides recombinant protein codon optimized cDNA clone for Q6XD76 ASCL4 Achaete-scute homolog 4 (ASH-4) (hASH4) (Achaete-scute-like protein 4) … ASCL4 involved in several pathways and played different roles in them. (bullies2buddies.com)
- Official Full Name: achaete-scute complex homolog 4: Background: Basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, such as ASCL4, are essential for the determination of cell fate and the;development and differentiation of numerous tissues (Jonsson et al. (bullies2buddies.com)
- We identified 2 SNPs, rs3134615 and rs2291854, which were located in the 3′-UTR of the L-MYC gene MYCL1 and the neuronal development Achaete-Scute Complex homolog ASCL1 . (aacrjournals.org)
- The expression of Wnt11 and some neuroendocrine markers increased after the transfection of Achaete-scute complex homolog 1 (ASCL1) into the A549 ADC cell line. (pulmonarycellnews.com)
- Here we show that expression of achaete-scute complex homolog-like 1 ( Ascl1 ) alone is sufficient to convert dorsal midbrain astrocytes of mice into functional iN cells in vitro and in vivo . (jneurosci.org)
- Turner DL and Weintraub H (1994), Expression of achaete-scute homolog 3 in Xenopu. (xenbase.org)
- Expression of achaete-scute homolog 3 in Xenopus embryos converts ectodermal cells to a neural fate. (xenbase.org)
- ascl1 (achaete-scute complex homolog 1) gene expression in Xenopus laevis embryos, NF stage 32, as assayed by in situ hybridization. (xenbase.org)
- Our study identifies a genome-wide interaction between the pro-longevity transcription factor FOXO3 and the cell fate determinant ASCL1, and raises the possibility that FOXO3's ability to restrain ASCL1-dependent neurogenesis may help preserve the neural stem cell pool. (omicsdi.org)
- Ascl1 regulated Wnt11 expression via lysine H3K27 acetylation at the enhancer region of the WNT11 gene. (pulmonarycellnews.com)
- The activator-type bHLH transcription factors include 'achaete-scute complex' homologue 1 (Ascl1) which is expressed in differentiating neurons and belongs to the Neurogenin Family. (biomedcentral.com)
Human Achaete-Scute homologue2
- Proneural proteins bind DNA as heterodimeric complexes that are formed by bHLH proteins or E proteins. (wikipedia.org)
- Patterning of sensory bristles is primarily defined by the spatially restricted expressions of bHLH proneural proteins Achaete (Ac) and Scute (Sc). (prolekare.cz)
- A large portion of the human genome is transcribed into RNAs without coding proteins. (hindawi.com)
- Cells were characterized by morphology, proliferation and transepithelial electrical resistance, whole genome transcription analysis, Western blot and immunocytochemical detection of pro-surfactant proteins. (pulmonarycellnews.com)
- Finally, the alteration of the EAST concentrations had no substantial effect on transgene repression if they were inserted either in heterochromatin or in telomeric regions of chromosome 4, as well as on the repression induced by Polycomb group proteins. (deepdyve.com)
- There are approximately 2600 proteins in the human genome that contain DNA-binding domains, and most of these are presumed to function as transcription factors,  though other studies indicate it to be a smaller number. (wikipedia.org)
- Transcription factors perform this function alone, or by using other proteins in a complex, by increasing (as an activator ), or preventing (as a repressor ) the presence of RNA polymerase , a protein which transcribes genetic information. (wikidoc.org)
- Alignment of ASH3a and ASH3b proteins to each other and to other members of the achaete-scute bHLH subfamily. (xenbase.org)
- In addition to the bHLH domain, all of these proteins have a related sequence at the carboxyl terminus, within a larger acidic region. (xenbase.org)
- Limited sequence similarity is also present aminoterminal to the basic region in the vertebrate proteins and lethal of scute (l'sc). (xenbase.org)
- Emc is destabilized in proneural regions by local competition for heterodimer formation by proneural bHLH proteins including Atonal or AS-C proteins. (elifesciences.org)
- This mechanism of gene silencing can be mediated by methyl-CpG binding domain (MBD) proteins, which form repressor complexes that are important in linking DNA methylation and transcriptional repression by altering chromatin structure. (ubc.ca)
- A large fraction of the information content of metazoan genomes resides in the transcriptional and posttranscriptional cis-regulatory elements that collectively provide the blueprint for using the protein-coding capacity of the DNA, thus guiding the development and physiology of the entire organism. (pnas.org)
- Here we describe the critical role of protein complex COP9 signalosome (CSN) that regulates Sens expression by integrating temporal and spatial information. (prolekare.cz)
- Caenorhabditis elegans gene hlh-3 , encoding achaete-scute like, Helix Loop Helix protein interacting with HLH-2. (nih.gov)
- The spliced mRNA putatively encodes a good protein , containing Basic helix-loop-helix dimerisation region bHLH domain [Pfam]. (nih.gov)
- Wide filled pink areas represent putative protein coding regions, narrow empty pink boxes represent the 5'UTR (on the left) and 3' UTR (on the right). (nih.gov)
- Cytoplasmic β-catenin is phosphorylated by a protein complex containing adenomatous polyposis coli (APC), AXIN1 or AXIN2, casein kinase 1α (CK1α), and glycogen synthase kinase-3β (GSK3β), leading to β-catenin destruction through ubiquitin-proteasome system. (sciencemag.org)
- A regulatory region first identified in the human beta-globin locus but subsequently found in other loci. (harvard.edu)
- These advances include (i) a quadrupling of the density of the genetic map of the mouse, (ii) the ease of genotyping large numbers of marker loci distributed across the entire mouse genome by the polymerase chain reaction, (iii) a far more powerful conceptual framework for mapping quantitative trait loci (QTLs) that underlie complex genetic traits, and (iv) significantly more reliable and economical ways to estimate numbers of neurons. (nervenet.org)
- Advances in medicine, agriculture, and an understanding of evolution depend on resolving the genetic architecture of quantitative traits, which is challenging since variation for complex traits is caused by multiple interacting quantitative trait loci (QTL) with small and conditional effects. (genetics.org)
- Genetic variation in complex traits is thought to be generated by large numbers of loci that usually have comparatively small effects on phenotypes ( Lande, 1981 ). (jneurosci.org)
- Naturally occurring variation at some of these loci such as the AS-C, scabrous , the Delta-Hairless region, contribute to quantitative variation in bristle number. (sdbonline.org)
- In D. melanogaster , QTL loci have also been dissected with quantitative complementation tests [ 9 , 10 ] and/or by linkage disequilibrium (LD) mapping involving a candidate region or locus. (biomedcentral.com)
- We identified 36 novel genome-wide significant loci in the F 34 and 25 novel loci in the F 39-43 cohort. (g3journal.org)
- We complemented these tests with a comprehensive genome scan for additional quantitative trait loci (QTL) to gain a better understanding of the genetic architecture of the ovary size of honey bee workers, a morphological trait that is significant for understanding social insect caste evolution and general insect biology. (biomedcentral.com)
- Genome-wide association study identifies three novel susceptibility loci for severe Acne vulgaris. (nih.gov)
- A second method to locate novel regulatory regions within the genome is the search for statistically improbable concentration of putative binding sites for a transcription factor or a set of functionally related transcription factors. (biomedcentral.com)
- Another example is the transcription factor encoded by the Sex-determining Region Y (SRY) gene which plays a major role in determining gender in humans. (wikidoc.org)
- Achaete scute-like 2 (Ascl2), a basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor, is a downstream target of Wnt signaling that controls the fate of intestinal cryptic stem cells and colon cancer progenitor cells. (jove.com)
- Human ASCL2 genome location and ASCL2 gene details page in the UCSC Genome Browser. (wikipedia.org)
- Non-coding DNA represents a high proportion of all metazoan genomes. (biomedcentral.com)
- In this study, we have pursued this possibility and have mapped a QTL to a gene-rich region on chromosome (Chr) 11 between Hoxb and Krt1 using recombinant inbred (RI) strains. (jneurosci.org)
- LD mapping in D. melanogaster can be implemented with varying degrees of control over genetic and environmental variance from wild caught individuals, laboratory reared iso-female lines, inbred strains, chromosome extraction lines and strains with introgressed chromosome regions. (biomedcentral.com)
- Beyond these specific examples, a number of large-scale computational studies have attempted to detect and measure the level of gene organization within eukaryotic genomes. (biomedcentral.com)
- However, the results of these studies, normally consisting of rather weak correlation signals, are insufficient to provide an understanding of the overall gene organization in eukaryotic genomes. (biomedcentral.com)
- Our study represents the first comprehensive, genome-wide analysis of a single neuronal cell fate decision. (prolekarniky.cz)
- Although an unknown proportion of non-coding DNA might be regarded as "junk DNA", non-coding regions also include important information related to essential processes such as transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation, splicing, higher-order chromatin structure and DNA replication. (biomedcentral.com)
- The region is believed to regulate GENETIC TRANSCRIPTION by opening and remodeling CHROMATIN structure. (harvard.edu)
- To examine the role of misexpressions determined by two maternal copies of the Igf2 / H19 imprinting control region (ICR)-a chromatin insulator, we introduced a mutant ICR (ICR Δ ) into MatDup.dist7 fetuses. (plos.org)
- Strikingly, nuclear staining revealed a close association of BRAF35/BRCA2 complex with condensed chromatin coincident with histone H3 phosphorylation. (embl-heidelberg.de)
- Recently lncRNAs have been implicated in the sub-compartmentalization of eukaryotic genome via genomic targeting of chromatin remodelers. (diagenode.com)
- The amount of chromosomal evolution between two species can be expressed as the number of chromosomal rearrangements separating their genomes. (genetics.org)
- I used quantitative trait locus (QTL) mapping to survey the entire genome for chromosomal segments referred to as QTLs that contribute to the phenotypic differences. (ubc.ca)
- Combining all results, we estimated that 393 paracentric inversions have been fixed in the whole genome since the divergence between D. repleta and D. melanogaster . (genetics.org)
- 1) Occurs via transcriptional activators interacting directly or indirectly with the general transcription complex to increase the efficiency of initiation. (psu.edu)
- This information generally lays in specific DNA sequences located both in intergenic regions and introns. (biomedcentral.com)
- Furthermore, this influence was shown to be associated with the presence of retrotransposon MDG4 sequences in the pre-promoter gene region. (deepdyve.com)
- For instance, an increase in the EAST concentration had no effect on the expression of mutant alleles of the achaete-scute complex, some of which contained the MDG4 sequences. (deepdyve.com)
- Cis -regulatory sequences are typically located in noncoding regions of the genome and work by binding trans -regulatory molecules called transcription factors (TFs). (g3journal.org)
- Although the mechanisms of wg signaling are beginning to be understood [ 15 ], much less is known about how the complex pattern of expression of wg is regulated. (biomedcentral.com)
- Gene-expression profiling was performed on the CapitalBio 35k human Genome Array microchips (Beijing, China). (omicsdi.org)
- Using a combination of genome-wide binding analysis and gene expression profiling, we show that SoxNeuro directs embryonic neural development from the early specification of neuroblasts through to the terminal differentiation of neurons and glia. (biomedcentral.com)
- Repression of BR-Z1 expression requires the interaction between the CSN complex and the ecdysone receptors. (prolekare.cz)
- Expression in proneural clusters is regulated by multiple, independently-acting cis- regulatory enhancer modules scattered throughout the 100 kb or so of the ac-sc complex (AS-C). These mediate activation by transcription factors such as Pannier and Araucan/Caupolican. (sdbonline.org)
- Leukemia proto-oncoprotein MLL forms a SET1-like histone merhyltransferase complex with menin to regulate Hox gene expression. (springer.com)
- Parental-specific monoallelic expression thus balances fetal growth to the equal benefit of both parental genomes, in spite of the resulting potentially damaging haploinsufficiency  . (prolekarniky.cz)
- If Emc expression is restored to proneural regions, changes in Da level do not occur and proneural gene function is affected ( Bhattacharya and Baker, 2011 ). (elifesciences.org)
- Understanding the genetics of such quantitative traits begins with a genome scan for QTL and ends with the molecular definition of functional QTL alleles. (genetics.org)
- The introduction of reciprocal translocations into mice, creating regions of uniparental disomy, showed that discrete areas of the mouse genome were subject to differential parental regulation  . (prolekarniky.cz)
- Here, we report a comparative analysis of the draft genome of an emerging cnidarian model, the starlet sea anemone Nematostella vectensis . (sciencemag.org)
- We have isolated cDNAs for two Xenopus achaete-scute homologs, ASH3a and ASH3b , which are expressed in a subset of central nervous system ( CNS ) neuroblasts during early neurogenesis. (xenbase.org)
- Locus Control Region" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus, MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) . (harvard.edu)
- This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Locus Control Region" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Locus Control Region" was a major or minor topic of these publication. (harvard.edu)
- Below are the most recent publications written about "Locus Control Region" by people in Profiles. (harvard.edu)
- A common atopy-associated variant in the Th2 cytokine locus control region impacts transcriptional regulation and alters SMAD3 and SP1 binding. (harvard.edu)
- Near-isoallelic lines (NIL) for the h gene region exhibited significant variation in bristle number and failed to complement a hairy mutation. (genetics.org)
- Genotypes for 25 of these and 14 additional sites in the flanking regions were determined for the 57 NIL and associated with variation in bristle number in four genetic backgrounds. (genetics.org)
- The characterization and genome resequencing of spontaneous 2DG-resistant mutants revealed that DOG2 overexpression was a common strategy underlying 2DG resistance. (sciencemag.org)
- Both transposons had preferential localization sites, or 'hot spots', which partly coincided with intercalary heterochromatin regions. (nsu.ru)
- Cell line data were compared with those published for primary colorectal cancers in The Cancer Genome Atlas. (cancer-genetics.org)
- SCORE is designed to detect and statistically evaluate these structural features in whole-genome sequence data, and thus to reveal previously unrecognized enhancers. (pnas.org)
- Still, further experimentation will be required to determine the role of these genomic regions in ENB. (medscape.com)
- The mapping of deletions causative in Prader Willi (PWS) and Angelman (AS) syndromes, for example, permitted localisation of parentally non-equivalent genomic regions in humans  . (prolekarniky.cz)
- Many of these GTFs don't actually bind DNA but are part of the large transcription preinitiation complex that interacts with RNA polymerase directly. (wikidoc.org)
- This diagram shows in true scale the gene on the genome, the mRNAs and the cDNA clones. (nih.gov)
- Names not underlined result from cDNA concatenation in the coding region and should be experimentally checked. (nih.gov)
- A pink broken line denotes an intron with standard boundaries (gt-ag or gc-ag) that is exactly supported (i.e. a cDNA sequence exactly matches the genome over 16 bp, 8 on both sides of the intron). (nih.gov)
- the interactions between scute, Notch and Delta . (biologists.org)
- Their binding elicits two consecutive proteolytic cleavages of Notch performed by Kuzbanian (Kuz)/ADAM10 and the γ-secretase complex, which results in the release of the intracellular domain (NICD) into the cytoplasm. (elifesciences.org)
- When the Notch pathway is blocked, entire proneural regions can differentiate as neural cells, whereas ectoderm outside of proneural regions is generally unaffected ( Heitzler and Simpson, 1991 ). (elifesciences.org)
- Affymetrix SNP 6.0, whole-genome, and transcriptome sequencing on human specimen have been deposited at the European Genome-phenome Archive under the accession code EGAS00001000925. (nature.com)
- In this respect, variation in ganglion cell number is a typical complex trait displaying continuous variation over a wide range. (jneurosci.org)
- While we and others have demonstrated successful generation of functional endothelial-like cells from human embryonic stem cells (hESCs), little is understood regarding the complex transcriptional and epigenetic changes that occur during differentiation, in particular during early commitment to a mesodermal lineage. (biomedcentral.com)
- Furthermore, it is often found embedded in known non-coding regulatory regions. (biomedcentral.com)
- Different approaches have been proposed to infer putative cis -regulatory regions. (biomedcentral.com)
- This method generates testable predictions about the function of the putative regulatory regions. (biomedcentral.com)
- As successive whole-genome sequencing projects--including those of mice and humans-are completed, we have full access to the regulatory genome of yet another species. (pnas.org)
- The complex blueprint that controls the utilization of the coding information in DNA is contained in the huge number of cis-regulatory elements, both transcriptional and posttranscriptional, that surround and invade the transcribed part of the genome. (pnas.org)
- But it is clear that we are in our infancy in learning how to read the regulatory genome and thus decipher the blueprint. (pnas.org)
- In metazoans, many TFs have arisen through local tandem or whole genome duplications followed by neofunctionalisation, a process leading to the generation of new regulatory networks or the modification of existing ones. (biomedcentral.com)
- Our results highlight the association between genome architecture and the gene regulatory networks involved in the construction of the body plan. (biomedcentral.com)
- Understanding the functional relationship between intracellular factors and extracellular signals is required for reconstructing gene regulatory networks (GRN) involved in complex biological processes. (prolekare.cz)
- We have begun to establish the framework of a provisional cnidarian "endomesodermal" gene regulatory network in the sea anemone, Nematostella vectensis , by using a genome-wide microarray analysis on embryos in which the canonical Wnt/ß-catenin pathway was ectopically targeted for activation by two distinct pharmaceutical agents (lithium chloride and 1-azakenpaullone) to identify potential targets of endomesoderm specification. (prolekare.cz)
- The number of transcription factors found within an organism increases with genome size, and larger genomes tend to have more transcription factors per gene. (wikipedia.org)
- Like other common cancers, SCLC is a complex trait caused by both genetic and environmental factors. (aacrjournals.org)
- We have sequenced the genomes of 110 small cell lung cancers (SCLC), one of the deadliest human cancers. (nature.com)
- This first comprehensive study of somatic genome alterations in SCLC uncovers several key biological processes and identifies candidate therapeutic targets in this highly lethal form of cancer. (nature.com)
- Whole-exome and whole-genome sequencing data of murine SCLC tumors can be accessed through ( http://www.translational-genomics.uni-koeln.de/scientific-resources/ ). (nature.com)
- First, the union of unbalanced complementary gametes in intercrosses of mice carrying reciprocal or Robertsonian translocations yield, at low frequency, embryos with maternal duplication and paternal deficiency for particular Chr regions as defined by the translocation breakpoint  -  . (plos.org)