A family of isomeric, colorless aromatic hydrocarbon liquids, that contain the general formula C6H4(CH3)2. They are produced by the destructive distillation of coal or by the catalytic reforming of petroleum naphthenic fractions. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 5th ed)
A mixture of mostly avermectin H2B1a (RN 71827-03-7) with some avermectin H2B1b (RN 70209-81-3), which are macrolides from STREPTOMYCES avermitilis. It binds glutamate-gated chloride channel to cause increased permeability and hyperpolarization of nerve and muscle cells. It also interacts with other CHLORIDE CHANNELS. It is a broad spectrum antiparasitic that is active against microfilariae of ONCHOCERCA VOLVULUS but not the adult form.
The major progestational steroid that is secreted primarily by the CORPUS LUTEUM and the PLACENTA. Progesterone acts on the UTERUS, the MAMMARY GLANDS and the BRAIN. It is required in EMBRYO IMPLANTATION; PREGNANCY maintenance, and the development of mammary tissue for MILK production. Progesterone, converted from PREGNENOLONE, also serves as an intermediate in the biosynthesis of GONADAL STEROID HORMONES and adrenal CORTICOSTEROIDS.
A major gonadotropin secreted by the adenohypophysis (PITUITARY GLAND, ANTERIOR). Luteinizing hormone regulates steroid production by the interstitial cells of the TESTIS and the OVARY. The preovulatory LUTEINIZING HORMONE surge in females induces OVULATION, and subsequent LUTEINIZATION of the follicle. LUTEINIZING HORMONE consists of two noncovalently linked subunits, alpha and beta. Within a species, the alpha subunit is common in the three pituitary glycoprotein hormones (TSH, LH and FSH), but the beta subunit is unique and confers its biological specificity.
Acyl Coenzyme A
Megestrol acetate is a progestogen with actions and uses similar to those of the progestogens in general. It also has anti-androgenic properties. It is given by mouth in the palliative treatment or as an adjunct to other therapy in endometrial carcinoma and in breast cancer. Megestrol acetate has been approved to treat anorexia and cachexia. (From Reynolds JEF(Ed): Martindale: The Extra Pharmacopoeia (electronic version). Micromedex, Inc, Englewood, CO, 1995)
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Gene Expression Regulation, Bacterial
Catalyzes the oxidation of catechol to 2-hydroxymuconate semialdehyde in the carbazole and BENZOATE degradation via HYDROXYLATION pathways. It also catalyzes the conversion of 3-methylcatechol to cis, cis-2-hydroxy-6-oxohept-2,4-dienoate in the TOLUENE and XYLENE degradation pathway. This enzyme was formerly characterized as EC 184.108.40.206.
A genus of gram-negative, aerobic, rod-shaped bacteria. Organisms in this genus had originally been classified as members of the PSEUDOMONAS genus but overwhelming biochemical and chemical findings indicated the need to separate them from other Pseudomonas species, and hence, this new genus was created.
A chemical reaction in which an electron is transferred from one molecule to another. The electron-donating molecule is the reducing agent or reductant; the electron-accepting molecule is the oxidizing agent or oxidant. Reducing and oxidizing agents function as conjugate reductant-oxidant pairs or redox pairs (Lehninger, Principles of Biochemistry, 1982, p471).
Any liquid or solid preparation made specifically for the growth, storage, or transport of microorganisms or other types of cells. The variety of media that exist allow for the culturing of specific microorganisms and cell types, such as differential media, selective media, test media, and defined media. Solid media consist of liquid media that have been solidified with an agent such as AGAR or GELATIN.
Compounds that interact with ESTROGEN RECEPTORS in target tissues to bring about the effects similar to those of ESTRADIOL. Estrogens stimulate the female reproductive organs, and the development of secondary female SEX CHARACTERISTICS. Estrogenic chemicals include natural, synthetic, steroidal, or non-steroidal compounds.
Carbamoyl-Phosphate Synthase I Deficiency Disease
A urea cycle disorder manifesting in infancy as lethargy, emesis, seizures, alterations of muscle tone, abnormal eye movements, and an elevation of serum ammonia. The disorder is caused by a reduction in the activity of hepatic mitochondrial CARBAMOYL-PHOSPHATE SYNTHASE (AMMONIA). (Menkes, Textbook of Child Neurology, 5th ed, pp50-1)
The class of all enzymes catalyzing oxidoreduction reactions. The substrate that is oxidized is regarded as a hydrogen donor. The systematic name is based on donor:acceptor oxidoreductase. The recommended name will be dehydrogenase, wherever this is possible; as an alternative, reductase can be used. Oxidase is only used in cases where O2 is the acceptor. (Enzyme Nomenclature, 1992, p9)
Copper(II) benzoates exists in at least two structural forms, depending on the degree of hydration. As of copper(II) acetate, ... copper benzoate can be made by combining aqueous solutions of potassium benzoate with copper sulfate. Copper benzoate ... Copper benzoate made from sodium benzoate for use in fireworks may result in strong yellow dilution of the flame unless the ... Copper benzoate is the chemical compound with the formula Cu(C6H5CO2)2. This coordination complex is derived from the cupric ...
Reversible N epsilon-lysine acetylation regulates the activity of acyl-CoA synthetases involved in anaerobic benzoate...
LdaA uses water to hydrolyze the acetyl group, releasing acetate, whereas SrtN uses NAD+ as a substrate, generating O-acetyl- ... Benzoates/chemistry. *Benzoates/metabolism*. *Coenzyme A Ligases/genetics. *Coenzyme A Ligases/metabolism* ... In this pathway, benzoate is activated to Bz-CoA by the AMP-forming Bz-CoA synthetase (BadA) enzyme. Mass spectrometry and ... A.The crystal structure of Bz-CoA synthetase from B. xenovorans LB400 (PDB 2V7B) was reported with benzoate (shown in purple) ...
Patent US3893935 - Electrographic toner and developer composition - Google Patents
... acetates; nitrates; benzoates; methyl sulfate, perchlorate, tetrafluoroborate, benzenesulfonate, and the like. Especially ... Tetraheptylammonium chloride Tetrapentylammonium hexafluorophosphate Tetraethylammonium benzoate Tetraethylammonium acetate ... acetates and nitrates. 10. The invention as described in claim 8 wherein R, R, R and R represent an alkyl group having from ... Tctruethylummonium acetate tetrahydrute (TEAAT) 0.5 7.7 2.6 TEAAT 1.0 1 1.4 3.4 ...
- Sodium Benzoate (E211, Benzoate de Sodium or Benzoate Sodium salt) is a white granule or crystalline odorless powder with a sweetish astringent taste. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Sodium Benzoate preservative is very soluble in water while E211 food additive is sparingly soluble in alcohol. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Sinofi is a reliable E211 Sodium Benzoate supplier and manufacturer of in China. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Import China Sodium Benzoate from various high quality Chinese Sodium Benzoate suppliers & manufacturers on GlobalSources. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Find here Sodium Benzoate manufacturers, Sodium Benzoate suppliers, Sodium Benzoate exporters, Sodium Benzoate importers. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Get contact address of Sodium Benzoate manufacturing and supplying companies of India. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Find here Sodium Benzoate, Benzoate of soda manufacturers, suppliers & exporters in India. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Sodium Benzoate has a chemical formula of C7H5NaO2 with CAS No - 532-32-1. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Sodium Benzoate is an antimicrobial preservative and flavouring agent used in the food industry and a tablet and capsule lubricant used in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Established in the year 2011, we, SWASTIK INDUSTRIES are a renowned manufacturer and traders of Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, P-Toluic Acid, Terepthelic Acid and Titanium Dioxide etc. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Kalama Sodium Benzoate is available in several forms: Dense Grains, Extruded Dust-Free (EDF), and Powder. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Emerald also offers Purox® S Grains, the highest purity sodium benzoate available worldwide. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Sodium benzoate is popularly used as food preservative in a number of acidic food products like salad dressings, cold drinks, jams, fruit juices and others. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- But apart from that it also has other important uses like: Sodium benzoate is one of the ingredients in alcohol based mouthwashes. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- spectrophotocolorimetry to identify and quantify the usage of sodium benzoate as food additive with antiseptic-preservative purpose. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Sodium benzoate is the sodium salt of benzoic acid, It is as a food additive No. E 211 approved. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- How Is Sodium Benzoate Used in Food? (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Dec 18, 2018· Sodium benzoate increases the acidity of soft drinks, which also increases the intensity of flavor you get from the high-fructose corn syrup. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- On the back of a soda can, you can find sodium benzoate in the ingredients list as E211, which is the number assigned to it as a food additive. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Jan 21, 2019· Sodium benzoate is the first preservative the FDA allowed in foods and still a widely used food additive. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Apr 23, 2013· Sodium benzoate is also used in cosmetics and toiletries such as body wash. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Sodium benzoate is clearly, therefore, a very powerful substance. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- So, do we really need sodium benzoate in our food? (steunmijnclub.nl)
- Recently we have discovered anti-inflammatory activity of sodium benzoate (NaB), a metabolite of cinnamon and a widely-used food additive. (steunmijnclub.nl)
- The name ester is derived from the German Es sig-Ä ther , an old name for acetic acid ethyl ester ( ethyl acetate ). (newworldencyclopedia.org)
- Benzoate degradation is regulated at the transcriptional level in R. palustris in response to anoxia and the presence of benzoate and/or benzoyl-CoA (Bz-CoA). (nih.gov)
- Here, we report evidence that anaerobic benzoate catabolism in this bacterium is also regulated at the post-translational level. (nih.gov)
- Reversible N epsilon-lysine acetylation regulates the activity of acyl-CoA synthetases involved in anaerobic benzoate catabolism in Rhodopseudomona. (nih.gov)