Abstracting and Indexing as Topic
Medical Subject Headings
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
A bibliographic database that includes MEDLINE as its primary subset. It is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. PubMed, which is searchable through NLM's Web site, also includes access to additional citations to selected life sciences journals not in MEDLINE, and links to other resources such as the full-text of articles at participating publishers' Web sites, NCBI's molecular biology databases, and PubMed Central.
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of references and citations to books, articles, publications, etc., generally on a single subject or specialized subject area. Databases can operate through automated files, libraries, or computer disks. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, FACTUAL which is used for collections of data and facts apart from bibliographic references to them.
Information Storage and Retrieval
A computerized biomedical bibliographic storage and retrieval system operated by the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. MEDLARS stands for Medical Literature Analysis and Retrieval System, which was first introduced in 1964 and evolved into an online system in 1971 called MEDLINE (MEDLARS Online). As other online databases were developed, MEDLARS became the name of the entire NLM information system while MEDLINE became the name of the premier database. MEDLARS was used to produce the former printed Cumulated Index Medicus, and the printed monthly Index Medicus, until that publication ceased in December 2004.
Congresses as Topic
Natural Language Processing
An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)
Terminology as Topic
Review Literature as Topic
Published materials which provide an examination of recent or current literature. Review articles can cover a wide range of subject matter at various levels of completeness and comprehensiveness based on analyses of literature that may include research findings. The review may reflect the state of the art. It also includes reviews as a literary form.
National Library of Medicine (U.S.)
An agency of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH concerned with overall planning, promoting, and administering programs pertaining to advancement of medical and related sciences. Major activities of this institute include the collection, dissemination, and exchange of information important to the progress of medicine and health, research in medical informatics and support for medical library development.
Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about pre-planned studies of the safety, efficacy, or optimum dosage schedule (if appropriate) of one or more diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques selected according to predetermined criteria of eligibility and observed for predefined evidence of favorable and unfavorable effects. This concept includes clinical trials conducted both in the U.S. and in other countries.
The influence of study results on the chances of publication and the tendency of investigators, reviewers, and editors to submit or accept manuscripts for publication based on the direction or strength of the study findings. Publication bias has an impact on the interpretation of clinical trials and meta-analyses. Bias can be minimized by insistence by editors on high-quality research, thorough literature reviews, acknowledgement of conflicts of interest, modification of peer review practices, etc.
Peer Review, Research
The evaluation by experts of the quality and pertinence of research or research proposals of other experts in the same field. Peer review is used by editors in deciding which submissions warrant publication, by granting agencies to determine which proposals should be funded, and by academic institutions in tenure decisions.
A specified list of terms with a fixed and unalterable meaning, and from which a selection is made when CATALOGING; ABSTRACTING AND INDEXING; or searching BOOKS; JOURNALS AS TOPIC; and other documents. The control is intended to avoid the scattering of related subjects under different headings (SUBJECT HEADINGS). The list may be altered or extended only by the publisher or issuing agency. (From Harrod's Librarians' Glossary, 7th ed, p163)
Meta-Analysis as Topic
A quantitative method of combining the results of independent studies (usually drawn from the published literature) and synthesizing summaries and conclusions which may be used to evaluate therapeutic effectiveness, plan new studies, etc., with application chiefly in the areas of research and medicine.
Dictionaries as Topic
Journal Impact Factor
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Unified Medical Language System
A research and development program initiated by the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE to build knowledge sources for the purpose of aiding the development of systems that help health professionals retrieve and integrate biomedical information. The knowledge sources can be used to link disparate information systems to overcome retrieval problems caused by differences in terminology and the scattering of relevant information across many databases. The three knowledge sources are the Metathesaurus, the Semantic Network, and the Specialist Lexicon.
Medicine in Literature
Bibliography as Topic
Discussion of lists of works, documents or other publications, usually with some relationship between them, e.g., by a given author, on a given subject, or published in a given place, and differing from a catalog in that its contents are restricted to holdings of a single collection, library, or group of libraries. (from The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)
Controlled Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about clinical trials involving one or more test treatments, at least one control treatment, specified outcome measures for evaluating the studied intervention, and a bias-free method for assigning patients to the test treatment. The treatment may be drugs, devices, or procedures studied for diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic effectiveness. Control measures include placebos, active medicines, no-treatment, dosage forms and regimens, historical comparisons, etc. When randomization using mathematical techniques, such as the use of a random numbers table, is employed to assign patients to test or control treatments, the trials are characterized as RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIALS AS TOPIC.
Manuscripts as Topic
Compositions written by hand, as one written before the invention or adoption of printing. A manuscript may also refer to a handwritten copy of an ancient author. A manuscript may be handwritten or typewritten as distinguished from a printed copy, especially the copy of a writer's work from which printed copies are made. (Webster, 3d ed)
Database Management Systems
A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Sensitivity and Specificity
Practice Guidelines as Topic
Directions or principles presenting current or future rules of policy for assisting health care practitioners in patient care decisions regarding diagnosis, therapy, or related clinical circumstances. The guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by the convening of expert panels. The guidelines form a basis for the evaluation of all aspects of health care and delivery.
An organized procedure carried out by a select committee of professionals in evaluating the performance of other professionals in meeting the standards of their specialty. Review by peers is used by editors in the evaluation of articles and other papers submitted for publication. Peer review is used also in the evaluation of grant applications. It is applied also in evaluating the quality of health care provided to patients.
Guidelines as Topic
A systematic statement of policy rules or principles. Guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by convening expert panels. The text may be cursive or in outline form but is generally a comprehensive guide to problems and approaches in any field of activity. For guidelines in the field of health care and clinical medicine, PRACTICE GUIDELINES AS TOPIC is available.
Technology Assessment, Biomedical
Evaluation Studies as Topic
Outcome Assessment (Health Care)
Rats, Inbred Strains
Government Publications as Topic
Diseases which have one or more of the following characteristics: they are permanent, leave residual disability, are caused by nonreversible pathological alteration, require special training of the patient for rehabilitation, or may be expected to require a long period of supervision, observation, or care. (Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Data Interpretation, Statistical
Any deviation of results or inferences from the truth, or processes leading to such deviation. Bias can result from several sources: one-sided or systematic variations in measurement from the true value (systematic error); flaws in study design; deviation of inferences, interpretations, or analyses based on flawed data or data collection; etc. There is no sense of prejudice or subjectivity implied in the assessment of bias under these conditions.
The ratio of two odds. The exposure-odds ratio for case control data is the ratio of the odds in favor of exposure among cases to the odds in favor of exposure among noncases. The disease-odds ratio for a cohort or cross section is the ratio of the odds in favor of disease among the exposed to the odds in favor of disease among the unexposed. The prevalence-odds ratio refers to an odds ratio derived cross-sectionally from studies of prevalent cases.
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Quality of Life
Any of various animals that constitute the family Suidae and comprise stout-bodied, short-legged omnivorous mammals with thick skin, usually covered with coarse bristles, a rather long mobile snout, and small tail. Included are the genera Babyrousa, Phacochoerus (wart hogs), and Sus, the latter containing the domestic pig (see SUS SCROFA).
Pattern Recognition, Automated
Drug-Related Side Effects and Adverse Reactions
The major progestational steroid that is secreted primarily by the CORPUS LUTEUM and the PLACENTA. Progesterone acts on the UTERUS, the MAMMARY GLANDS and the BRAIN. It is required in EMBRYO IMPLANTATION; PREGNANCY maintenance, and the development of mammary tissue for MILK production. Progesterone, converted from PREGNENOLONE, also serves as an intermediate in the biosynthesis of GONADAL STEROID HORMONES and adrenal CORTICOSTEROIDS.
A major gonadotropin secreted by the adenohypophysis (PITUITARY GLAND, ANTERIOR). Luteinizing hormone regulates steroid production by the interstitial cells of the TESTIS and the OVARY. The preovulatory LUTEINIZING HORMONE surge in females induces OVULATION, and subsequent LUTEINIZATION of the follicle. LUTEINIZING HORMONE consists of two noncovalently linked subunits, alpha and beta. Within a species, the alpha subunit is common in the three pituitary glycoprotein hormones (TSH, LH and FSH), but the beta subunit is unique and confers its biological specificity.
Access to Information
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Personal names, given or surname, as cultural characteristics, as ethnological or religious patterns, as indications of the geographic distribution of families and inbreeding, etc. Analysis of isonymy, the quality of having the same or similar names, is useful in the study of population genetics. NAMES is used also for the history of names or name changes of corporate bodies, such as medical societies, universities, hospitals, government agencies, etc.
Costs and Cost Analysis
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
Databases as Topic
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
A way of providing health care that is guided by a thoughtful integration of the best available scientific knowledge with clinical expertise. This approach allows the practitioner to critically assess research data, clinical guidelines, and other information resources in order to correctly identify the clinical problem, apply the most high-quality intervention, and re-evaluate the outcome for future improvement.
Observational Study as Topic
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
Quality of Health Care
Severity of Illness Index
Retraction of Publication as Topic
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
Primary Health Care
Decision Support Techniques
Computer Communication Networks
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Validation Studies as Topic
A group of pathological conditions characterized by sudden, non-convulsive loss of neurological function due to BRAIN ISCHEMIA or INTRACRANIAL HEMORRHAGES. Stroke is classified by the type of tissue NECROSIS, such as the anatomic location, vasculature involved, etiology, age of the affected individual, and hemorrhagic vs. non-hemorrhagic nature. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp777-810)
Quality Assurance, Health Care
Activities and programs intended to assure or improve the quality of care in either a defined medical setting or a program. The concept includes the assessment or evaluation of the quality of care; identification of problems or shortcomings in the delivery of care; designing activities to overcome these deficiencies; and follow-up monitoring to ensure effectiveness of corrective steps.
A basic element found in nearly all organized tissues. It is a member of the alkaline earth family of metals with the atomic symbol Ca, atomic number 20, and atomic weight 40. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and combines with phosphorus to form calcium phosphate in the bones and teeth. It is essential for the normal functioning of nerves and muscles and plays a role in blood coagulation (as factor IV) and in many enzymatic processes.
Conflict of Interest
A situation in which an individual might benefit personally from official or professional actions. It includes a conflict between a person's private interests and official responsibilities in a position of trust. The term is not restricted to government officials. The concept refers both to actual conflict of interest and the appearance or perception of conflict.
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Physical Therapy Modalities
Computerized compilations of information units (text, sound, graphics, and/or video) interconnected by logical nonlinear linkages that enable users to follow optimal paths through the material and also the systems used to create and display this information. (From Thesaurus of ERIC Descriptors, 1994)
Specialists in the management of a library or the services rendered by a library, bringing professional skills to administration, organization of material and personnel, interpretation of bibliothecal rules, the development and maintenance of the library's collection, and the provision of information services.
Drug Therapy, Combination
Products in capsule, tablet or liquid form that provide dietary ingredients, and that are intended to be taken by mouth to increase the intake of nutrients. Dietary supplements can include macronutrients, such as proteins, carbohydrates, and fats; and/or MICRONUTRIENTS, such as VITAMINS; MINERALS; and PHYTOCHEMICALS.
Food and Nutrition Bulletin
The journal is abstracted and indexed by MEDLINE and Scopus. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal's 2017 ... The journal publishes articles that cover policy analysis, original scientific and social research, and academic reviews ...
American Journal of Kidney Diseases
It is abstracted and indexed in PubMed/MEDLINE/Index Medicus. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2016 ... The journal publishes original research, case reports, and educational articles such as narrative reviews and teaching cases. ... https://www.journals.elsevier.com/american-journal-of-kidney-diseases/altmetric-articles/ "American Journal of Kidney Diseases ...
Nepalese Journal of Ophthalmology
It is abstracted and indexed in Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed. It publishes original articles, case reports, review articles, ...
Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology
Abstracts of articles are present in PubMed and MEDLINE databases. Since 2010 Begell House publisher started to publish " ... "International Journal of Physiology and Pathophysiology" containing the best articles from "Fiziologychnyi Zhurnal". Since 1969 ...
Biomedical text mining
Ding J, Berleant D, Nettleton D, Wurtele E (2001). "Mining MEDLINE: Abstracts, sentences, or phrases?". In Altman RB, Dunker AK ... Blake C (April 2010). "Beyond genes, proteins, and abstracts: Identifying scientific claims from full-text biomedical articles ... The search engine PIE was developed to identify and return protein-protein interaction mentions from MEDLINE-indexed articles. ... Jimeno-Yepes AJ, McInnes BT, Aronson AR (June 2011). "Exploiting MeSH indexing in MEDLINE to generate a data set for word sense ...
National Centre for Text Mining
... for semantic retrieval of sentences containing biomedical correlations from Medline abstracts Facta+ is a Medline search engine ... allowing exploration of facts involving anatomical entities within the full text articles of the Europe PubMed Central database ... GREC is a semantically annotated corpus of Medline abstracts intended for training IE systems and/or resources which are used ... This is a corpus of Medline abstracts annotated by experts with metabolite and enzyme names. A collection of corpora manually ...
... reference.medscape.com/medline/abstract/17065192 Camia, Catalina (2014-05-15). "Rep. Beutler shares miracle baby story with ... However, as noted in this article, the term Potter syndrome was initially coined in order to refer to fetuses and infants with ... http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-08-02/health/bs-hs-potter-syndrome-20130801_1_amniotic-fluid-bienstock-kidneys Henneberg ... http://www.opb.org/news/article/rep-herrera-beutlers-daughter-husband-recovering-after-kidney-transplant/ http://www.kgw.com/ ...
Chemical Society Reviews
... such as articles on art conservation, forensics, and automotive fuels. The journal is abstracted and indexed in PubMed/MEDLINE ... for review articles on topics of current interest in chemistry. Its predecessors were Quarterly Reviews, Chemical Society (1947 ...
Journal of Osteopathic Medicine
The journal is abstracted and indexed in PubMed/MEDLINE. It publishes case reports, clinical images, editorials, meta-analyses ... The journal primarily publishes original research publications and editorial articles. The editor-in-chief is Ross Zafonte. ... and began publishing articles exclusively online. List of medical journals "American Osteopathic Association - AOA". U.S. ... original research, and review articles on all major areas of medicine, including osteopathic manipulative medicine. The journal ...
Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed and Scopus. The journal sponsors a series of quarterly ... All published articles dating back to 1928 are available on PubMed Central. ...
Cahiers québécois de démographie
The journal is indexed in Revue des revues démographiques, Repère, Sociological Abstracts, and MEDLINE. Articles are freely ... Articles are published in French, with abstracts in French and English. ... Articles may focus on Quebec, Canada, or have an international perspective. The journal occasionally publishes special volumes ... The Cahiers québécois de démographie publishes articles on topics of mortality, fertility, migration, demographic theory, ...
Systematic Reviews (journal)
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Embase, Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed, and Scopus. David Moher; Lesley Stewart; Paul ... Articles are either about specific systematic reviews, reporting their protocols, methodologies, findings, follow-up, etc., or ... The three editors-in-chief laid out their approach in the journal's first article. ...
Since 2014 the journal is included in the Index Medicus and in MEDLINE. The journal is also abstracted and indexed in Scopus, ... publishing research online as soon as the article is ready. BMJ Open aims to promote transparency in the publication process by ...
Journal for Healthcare Quality
The journal is abstracted and indexed in CINAHL and MEDLINE/PubMed. "CINAHL Complete Database Coverage List". CINAHL. EBSCO ... While a few articles appeared in this journal, most of the content consisted of organizational news stories, making it more of ...
The magazine is abstracted and indexed in CINAHL and MEDLINE/PubMed. List of nursing journals Nursing Standard. WorldCat. OCLC ... Nursing Standard is a weekly professional magazine that contains peer-reviewed articles and research, news, and career ...
Nature Reviews Disease Primers
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed. "About the Journal : Nature Reviews Disease Primers". ... Nature Reviews Disease Primers is a peer-reviewed medical journal publishing broad review articles about disease areas, ...
International Aging Research Portfolio
It also contains MEDLINE article abstracts under a license from the National Library of Medicine. The IARP volunteer ... Australian National Health and Medical Health Council and publication abstract data through a license of MEDLINE database. The ... scientific grant abstracts and clinical trials databases. Grant abstracts are usually published by the funding organizations ... Some of the experiments described in grant abstracts fail or do not result in peer-reviewed publications. To prevent redundancy ...
Journal of Experimental Psychology: General
The journal is abstracted and indexed by MEDLINE/PubMed and the Social Science Citation Index. According to the Journal ... The journal may include articles on the following topics: social processes developmental processes psychopathology neuroscience ...
Vascular Medicine (journal)
Vascular Medicine is abstracted and indexed in PubMed: MEDLINE, among other databases. According to the 2019 Journal Citation ... peer-reviewed academic journal of vascular medicine comprising original research articles and reviews on vascular biology, ... Vascular Medicine publishes original research articles and reviews on vascular biology, epidemiology, diagnosis, medical ...
Primary Dental Journal
The journal is abstracted and indexed in MEDLINE/PubMed, Scopus, and CINAHL. Medicine portal List of dental journals "Primary ... clinical articles, and scenario articles. It publishes three themed issues on topics such as tooth wear, orthodontics, dental ...
Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
It is abstracted and indexed in MEDLINE/PubMed, and Science Citation Index. The group Healthy Skepticism has accused the ... JAACAP editors have declined to retract the article, arguing that the negative results are available in the article, and that ... journal of having published an article, in 2001, that misrepresented the results of an industry-sponsored clinical trial, study ... editors have failed to uphold the scientific standards of clinical research by failing to retract a fraudulent article. " ...
The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Index medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed. An offshoot, Treatment Guidelines from The Medical ... Articles for The Medical Letter are drafted by either an editor or external consultant using both published and available ... to the Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and to all first authors of articles cited ... member of the advisory board and 10-20 other investigators with relevant clinical or experimental experience with the article's ...
Journal of the American College of Cardiology
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Current Contents, EMBASE, MEDLINE, Science Citation Index, and Scopus. According to ... review articles, and editorials interpreting and commenting on the research presented, published by the American College of ...
Annual Review of Virology
It is abstracted and indexed in Scopus, Science Citation Index Expanded, MEDLINE, and Embase, among others. The Annual Review ... Published articles on the study of viruses were not easy for readers to locate, as they were decentralized in the other ... Review articles cover general virology, the mechanisms of viral disease, host-pathogen interactions, and cellular and immune ... while more than half of the existing journal titles contained review articles relevant to virology, developments in the field ...
... is indexed and abstracted in MEDLINE, Science Citation Index, and Scopus. "PubMed Central: New Journals ... Since January 2008, published articles are deposited in PubMed Central with a 12-month embargo. ...
Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed and Scopus. Issue 1 - Journal of Diabetes Science and ... Articles in JDST cover both basic research and clinical applications of technologies being developed to help people with ...
Journal of Adolescent Health
The journal is abstracted and indexed by the Science Citation Index Expanded, Scopus, MEDLINE, EMBASE, and PsychInfo. According ... The journal publishes original research articles, review articles, letters to the editor, commentaries, and case reports. It is ...
It is indexed in MEDLINE, PubMed, the Science Citation Index Expanded, Biological Abstracts, BIOSIS Previews, and Scopus. "mAbs ... The articles are thus of interest to scientists, clinical researchers, and physicians, as well as the wider mAb community, ...
The journal is abstracted and indexed in BIOSIS, Chemical Abstracts, Current Contents/Life Sciences, EMBASE, MEDLINE, and ... The journal publishes the following types of articles: Research articles Short Communications Techniques articles Special ... Researchers at the University of North Carolina published an article in Clinical Biochemistry which found Baby wash products ... Reports Letters to the Editor According to SCOPUS, the following three articles have been cited most often (>70 times): Herget- ...
History of Psychology (journal)
The journal is abstracted and indexed in MEDLINE/PubMed and the Social Science Citation Index. According to the Journal ... The three most-cited articles published in the journal are: Nicolas, Serge; Murray, David J. (1999). "Théodule Ribot (1839-1916 ...
a b MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Nosebleed U.S. National Library of Medicine Medline Plus service. Retrieved 2010-03-15. ... In Finnish language, "begging for a nosebleed" is commonly used in abstract meaning to describe self-destructive behaviour, for ... Articles needing additional references from June 2013. *All articles needing additional references ...
Abstracting and indexingEdit. The journal is abstracted and indexed in Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed, the Science Citation ... The article was subsequently covered by The Guardian.. Tamiflu clinical trial data sharing (2012)Edit. In April 2012 PLOS ... Her article revealed that the pharmaceutical company Wyeth used ghostwritten articles to mitigate the perceived risks of breast ... Notable articlesEdit. Why Most Published Research Findings Are False (2005)Edit. In 2005 PLOS Medicine published an essay by ...
... reference.medscape.com/medline/abstract/17065192 *^ Camia, Catalina (2014-05-15). "Rep. Beutler shares miracle baby story with ... Main article: Renal agenesis. Bilateral renal agenesis has been estimated to occur at a frequency of approximately 1:4000 to 1: ... However, as noted in this article, the term Potter syndrome was initially coined in order to refer to fetuses and infants with ... http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-08-02/health/bs-hs-potter-syndrome-20130801_1_amniotic-fluid-bienstock-kidneys ...
Since July 2005, the MEDLINE article indexing process extracts identifiers from the article abstract and puts those in a field ... Journal article parameters. When a journal article is indexed, numerous article parameters are extracted and stored as ... As of the same date[update], 13.1 million of PubMed's records are listed with their abstracts, and 14.2 million articles have ... PubMed is a free search engine accessing primarily the MEDLINE database of references and abstracts on life sciences and ...
உயிர்ச்சத்து - தமிழ் விக்கிப்பீடியா
PMID 9105273 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE].. *↑ Nicholas A. Boon, Nicki R. Colledge, Brian R. Walker, and John Hunter. ... Abstract :Vitamine--vitamin. The early years of discovery. U.S. National Library of Medicine. [Online] 1997. ... http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/articles/carpenter/index.html.. *↑ Funk, C. and H. E. Dubin. The Vitamines. ...
American Journal of Transplantation
The journal is abstracted and indexed in: Academic Search Elsevier BIOBASE CAB Abstracts CAB Health CABDirect Chemical ... each issue containing five articles originally published in the American Journal of Transplantation. The local editor was ... Current Contents/Clinical Medicine EMBASE Health Economic Evaluations Database Dietary Supplements Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed ... "Abstract Information". American Transplant Congress. Retrieved 2016-02-03. "American Transplant Congress". Retrieved 2016-02-03 ...
"Integrating CD-ROM Medline with electronic mail". Proceedings. Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care: 578-82. PMC ... All articles with unsourced statements. *Articles with unsourced statements from November 2020 ... Abstract machine. *Stored-program computer. *Finite-state machine *with datapath. *Hierarchical. *Deterministic finite ...
Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:. *Science Citation Index Expanded. *PubMed/MEDLINE ... Articles with outdated impact factors from 2012. *Official website different in Wikidata and Wikipedia ...
American Journal of Public Health
Food Science and Technology Abstracts. *Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed. *Psychological Abstracts/PsycINFO ... "Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Archived from the original on 2010-02-11. Retrieved 2017-01-31.. ... "Biological Abstracts - Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2017-01-31.. ...
Ugonjwa wa Alzheimer, kamusi elezo huru
Medline Plus. US National Library of Medicine (2007-01-08). Iliwekwa mnamo 2010-02-03. ... http://www.jbc.org/cgi/content/abstract/277/45/42881. *↑ Dodel r, Neff F, Noelker C, Pul R, Du Y, Bacher M Oertel W. (2010). " ... and does not reflect subsequent edits to the article. (Audio help) ... Medline Plus. US National Library of Medicine (2007-01-08). Iliwekwa mnamo 2010-02-03. ...
Genes, Brain and Behavior
Sciences Database CSA Neurosciences Abstracts Dietary Supplements Elsevier BIOBASE Embase Index Medicus InfoTrac MEDLINE/PubMed ... Authors can elect to have accepted articles published as open access. All content is available online for free 24 months after ... Genes, Brain and Behavior is abstracted and indexed in: Academic Search and Academic Search Premier Biological Abstracts BIOSIS ... As of 2016[update], the five journals that have been cited most frequently by articles published in Genes, Brain and Behavior ...
Abstracting and indexing. The journal is abstracted and indexed in the Chemical Abstracts Service, the Science ... See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.. ... Citation Index, and selectively Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a ... This article about a scientific journal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.. *v ...
Journal of Electrocardiology
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.. ... Abstracting and indexingEdit. The journal is abstracted and indexed in: *Current Contents/Clinical Medicine ... Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed. *Science Citation Index. *Scopus. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal ... This article about a scientific journal on cardiology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.. *v ...
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Main article: Bibliography of Franklin D. Roosevelt. Biographical. *. Daniels, Roger (2015). Franklin D. Roosevelt: Road to the ... "NIH Medline Plus. National Institutes of Health. Summer 2007. Retrieved July 25, 2014.. ... Statistical Abstract, US: Bureau of the Census, 1946, p. 173. *^ Schweikart & Allen 2004, p. 602. ... Main article: List of memorials to Franklin D. Roosevelt. Roosevelt's home in Hyde Park is now a National Historic Site and ...
Wikipedia:Plain and simple guide for medical editors
It offers a free search engine for accessing the MEDLINE database of biomedical research articles offered by the National ... it is generally not advisable to cite a source after reading only its abstract, as the abstract necessarily presents a stripped ... Good articles. Good articles have been evaluated for their quality, but they have not been through the featured article ... Create a new article. Many medicine-related articles have been requested for creation. New articles and significantly expanded ...
This article incorporates text by Chun-Hung Chang, Hsien-Yuan Lane, and Chieh-Hsin Lin available under the CC BY 4.0 license. ... Subtle problems with the executive functions of attentiveness, planning, flexibility, and abstract thinking, or impairments in ... "US National Library of Medicine (Medline). 4 January 2004. Archived from the original on 22 February 2010. Retrieved 3 February ... Main article: Alzheimer's disease in the media. AD has been portrayed in films such as: Iris (2001), based on John Bayley's ...
Since July 2005, the MEDLINE article indexing process extracts identifiers from the article abstract and puts those in a field ... Journal article parameters. When a journal article is indexed, numerous article parameters are extracted and stored as ... PubMed is a free search engine accessing primarily the MEDLINE database of references and abstracts on life sciences and ... very recent entries to records for an article before it is indexed with Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) and added to MEDLINE ...
உயிர்ச்சத்து சி - தமிழ் விக்கிப்பீடியா
"Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)". MedLine Plus. National Institute of Health (2006-08-01). பார்த்த நாள் 2007-08-03. ... http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/169/5/502. *↑ Douglas RM, Hemilä H, Chalker E, Treacy B (2007). "Vitamin C ... http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/resolve/openurl?genre=article&sid=nlm:pubmed&issn=0077-8923&date=1985&volume=460&spage=187. ...
2 Notable articles. *3 References. *4 External links. Abstracting and indexing. The journal is abstracted and indexed in ... Chemical Abstracts Service. *Embase. *Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed. *PASCAL ... Notable articles. According to the publisher data, the following articles are the most downloaded until 2018: ... "Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2018-03-21.. *^ "Embase Coverage". Embase. Elsevier. Retrieved ...
Archives of Disease in Childhood
Abstracting and indexing. The journal is indexed on MEDLINE/Index Medicus, Web of Science, and Excerpta Medica. ... Articles with short description. *Short description is different from Wikidata. *Pages using deprecated image syntax ...
Abstracts, newsletters, and other reports of the meeting.. *^ Goldhirsch A, Ingle JN, Gelber RD, Coates AS, Thürlimann B, Senn ... It has been suggested that this section be split out into another article titled History of breast cancer. (Discuss) (December ... as concluded from a Medline-based survey. ... Articles to be split from December 2015. *All articles to be ... A very few of them, namely MCF-7, T-47D, and MDA-MB-231, account for more than two-thirds of all abstracts reporting studies on ...
நுரையீரல் புற்றுநோய் - தமிழ் விக்கிப்பீடியா
Lung Cancer Articles & Information Stop smoking articles & information at National Institutes of Health ... Lung cancer - small cell Medline Plus. Retrieved 5 February 2010. *↑ 23.0 23.1 Collins, LG; Haines C, Perkel R, Enck RE ( ... http://journals.allenpress.com/jrnlserv/?request=get-abstract&issn=0003-9985&volume=132&page=1079. ... http://mrw.interscience.wiley.com/cochrane/clsysrev/articles/CD002142/frame.html. *↑ Lally, BE; Zelterman D, Colasanto JM et al ...
Main article: Hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is a state in which the body is not producing enough thyroid hormones, or is not ... Meeting Abstracts: SAT-0523-SAT-0523. doi:10.1210/endo-meetings.2014.thpta.3.sat-0523 (inactive 2018-11-03).. ... Medline Plus Medical Encyclopedia entry for Thyroid Disease. *National Institutes of Health ... Main article: Hyperthyroidism. Hyperthyroidism is a state in which the body is producing too much thyroid hormone. The main ...
Choroba Alzheimera, wolna encyklopedia
W: Medline Plus [on-line]. US National Library of Medicine, 2007-01-08. [dostęp 2014-08-19].Nieznane pola: "archiveurl", " ... Arch Intern Med - Abstract: The Risk Factors and Impact on Survival of Feeding Tube Placement in Nursing Home Residents With ... article&issn = 1387-2877&volume = 13&issue = 4&spage = 393 Herpes simplex virus type 1 in Alzheimer's disease: the enemy within ... W: Medline Plus [on-line]. US National Library of Medicine, 2007-01-08. [dostęp 2014-08-19].Nieznane pola: "archiveurl", " ...
A tutorial on finding meaningful links between two disparate sets of articles in MEDLINE". Computer Methods and Programs in ... Important words' from titles and abstracts which may "[...] have more frequent occurrences in the result subset than in the ... The Medline database". BMJ (Clinical research ed.). 315 (7101): 180-183. doi:10.1136/bmj.315.7101.180. PMC 2127107 . PMID ... Once a set of articles has been identified using Anne O'Tate with its PubMed-like interface and search syntax, the set can be ...
Sexually Transmitted Infections (journal)
Abstracting and indexingEdit. The journal is abstracted and indexed in MEDLINE, Science Citation Index, Google Scholar, Scopus ... Each issue includes editorials, review articles, research methodology, clinicopathological conferences, and correspondence. It ...
Abstracting and indexing. The journal is abstracted and indexed in: ... Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2018 impact factor of 33.407. ... "Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index (CASSI) (Displaying Record for Publication). American Chemical Society. July 2010. ...
Cambridge Scientific Abstracts. *Current Contents/Life Sciences. *EMBASE/Excerpta Medica. *MEDLINE/Index Medicus ... Abstracting and indexing. The journal is abstracted and indexed in: *Elsevier BIOBASE/Current Awareness in Biological ...
Medline. *Metals Abstracts/METADEX. *Scopus. Acta Crystallographica Section F: Structural Biology Communications. Acta ... Acta Crystallographica Section B: Structural Science, Crystal Engineering and Materials publishes scientific articles on ... Acta Crystallographica is a series of peer-reviewed scientific journals, with articles centred on crystallography, published by ... Acta Crystallographica Section D: Structural Biology publishes articles covering all areas of structural biology, including ...
United States National Library of Medicine
... among the more than fifteen million MEDLINE journal article references and abstracts going back to the 1960s and 1.5 million ... Since 1879, the National Library of Medicine has published the Index Medicus, a monthly guide to articles, in nearly five ...
MEDLINE Abstracts: Women, Poverty, and Health
This article describes the scope of research on the health of low-income Canadian women. The research included was published in ... MEDLINE Abstracts: Women, Poverty, and Health. This easy-to-navigate collection of recent MEDLINE abstracts compiled by the ... Cite this: MEDLINE Abstracts: Women, Poverty, and Health - Medscape - Mar 19, 2001. ... The 26 articles retrieved are summarized according to the focus of the study and the composition of the sample. Most addressed ...
Mental Disorders: MedlinePlus
Promethazine: results of triple-drug immunosuppression for kidney transplantation. - PubMed - NCBI
Similar articles for PubMed (Select 24052510) - PubMed - NCBI
DigChem: Identification of disease-gene-chemical relationships from Medline abstracts
Hypokalemia, Hyperreninemia and Osteoporosis in a Patient Ingesting Large Amounts of Cider Vinegar - Abstract - Nephron 1998,...
Article / Publication Details. Published online: September 23, 1998. Issue release date: October 1998 ... Pubmed/Medline (NLM) * Bushinsky DA: Internal exchanges of hydrogen ions: bone; in Seldin DW, Giebisch G (eds): The regulation ... Article / Publication Details. Published online: September 23, 1998. Issue release date: October 1998 ... Access to all articles of the subscribed year(s) guaranteed for 5 years ...
Development and Stability of Alcohol Consumption from Adolescence into Adulthood: The Amsterdam Growth and Health Longitudinal...
Pubmed/Medline (NLM) * Crossref (DOI) * Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) * Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (CSA) ... Access to all articles of the subscribed year(s) guaranteed for 5 years ... Abstract. When studying long-term effects of alcohol consumption on health, the stability of alcohol consumption should be ...
Updated Meta-analysis of Probiotics for Preventing Necrotizing Enterocolitis in Preterm Neonates | Articles | Pediatrics
Video Abstracts -- brief videos summarizing key findings of new articles. Happy 70th Birthday, Pediatrics! See top articles ... METHODS: We searched in March 2009 the Cochrane Central register; Medline, Embase, and Cinahl databases; and proceedings of the ... Abstract. OBJECTIVE: Systematic reviews of randomized, controlled trials (RCTs) indicate lower mortality and necrotizing ... An additional citation was identified by using text words and searching related articles.10 The selection process details are ...
Prenatal Risk Factors and Outcomes in Gastroschisis: A Meta-Analysis | Review Articles | Pediatrics
14 Medline, Embase, the Cochrane Library including the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Database of Abstracts of ... For those articles in which information was not reported but the methodology was such that this information would have been ... Abstract. BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE: Gastroschisis is a congenital anomaly with increasing incidence, easy prenatal diagnosis ... Case reports, conference abstracts, and case series with ,3 cases, irrespective of whether the anomalies were isolated, were ...
An Evidence-Based Review of Important Issues Concerning Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia | ELECTRONIC ARTICLES | Pediatrics
The strategy yielded 4280 Medline and 45 PreMedline abstracts. We consulted domain experts and examined relevant review ... There were 35 articles in the correlation section (questions 1 and 2), 28 articles of kernicterus case reports, 21 articles in ... Most of the articles were identified in Medline and published since 1966. We retrieved additional articles published before ... New! Video Abstracts -- brief videos summarizing key findings of new articles. Know whats next when you read AAP Journals, ...
Genetics of Glycogen Storage Disease Type VI (Hers Disease) Workup: Laboratory Studies, Imaging Studies, Other Tests
ESPE Abstracts. 2015. Available at http://abstracts.eurospe.org/hrp/0084/hrp0084p3-1065.htm. ... Medline]. [Full Text].. *. Roscher A, Patel J, Hewson S, Nagy L, Feigenbaum A, Kronick J, et al. The natural history of ... Most Popular Articles. According to Pediatricians. * Childrens Hospitals Grapple With Wave of Mental Illness ...
Genetics of Glycogen Storage Disease Type VI (Hers Disease) Differential Diagnoses
ESPE Abstracts. 2015. Available at http://abstracts.eurospe.org/hrp/0084/hrp0084p3-1065.htm. ... Medline]. [Full Text].. *. Roscher A, Patel J, Hewson S, Nagy L, Feigenbaum A, Kronick J, et al. The natural history of ... Most Popular Articles. According to Pediatricians. * A 12-Year-Old Boy With Falling Grades and Forgetful Behavior ...
Automatic recognition of topic-classified relations between prostate cancer and genes using MEDLINE abstracts | BMC...
We collected prostate cancer-related abstracts from MEDLINE, and constructed an annotated corpus of gene and prostate cancer ... This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of ... Using 3,662 labeled sentences in MEDLINE abstracts and dynamic hidden Markov models, the authors achieved an F-measure of 0.71. ... We aim to recognize relations between prostate cancer terms and relevant gene terms from MEDLINE abstracts. To determine the ...
Evidence that electronic cigarettes are effective for smoking cessation long-term is lacking | EurekAlert! Science News
Results: Of 4569 abstracts identified, 297 articles underwent full-text review. For efficacy, 4 studies (2 randomized trials, 2 ... Methods: We searched MEDLINE and EMBASE from 1946 to May 2014. Studies of efficacy were included if they enrolled current ... Abstract 65842. Efficacy and Safety of Electronic Cigarettes for Smoking Cessation: A Systematic Review Type: Scientific ... Abstract Body Rationale: Electronic-cigarettes (e-cigarettes) are battery-powered electronic nicotine delivery devices designed ...
NIMH » Anxiety Disorders
Factors Associated with Poststroke Fatigue: A Systematic Review
... review articles, and clinical studies related to risk factors, symptomatology, imaging, pathophysiology, treatment and stroke ... Method. A systematic review of articles referenced in MEDLINE. Only original studies having measured PSF and potentially ... Firstly, all titles and abstracts were screened for eligibility. We identified 1627 articles that did not match our criteria in ... Hence, 229 articles were assessed for eligibility. Twelve of these articles could not be obtained, and so 217 full texts of ...
Ivermectin versus albendazole or ... preview & related info | Mendeley
ArticleOPEN ACCESS. Ivermectin versus albendazole or thiabendazole for Strongyloides stercoralis infection. *Henriquez-Camacho ... Abstract. Background: Strongyloidiasis is a gut infection with Strongyloides stercoralis which is common world wide. Chronic ... MEDLINE (January 1966 to August 2015); EMBASE (January 1980 to August 2015); LILACS (August 2015); and reference lists of ... and conference abstracts. Selection criteria: Randomized controlled trials of ivermectin versus albendazole or thiabendazole ...
Happy New Year 2003 - - 2003 - Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica - Wiley Online Library
MEDLINE Data Changes - 2011. NLM Technical Bulletin. 2010 Nov-Dec
For more details see the article, MEDLINE® Character Set Expansion.. *Structured Abstracts. With the export of the baseline ... MEDLINE® Data Changes 2011. Other pertinent articles: MEDLINE/PubMed Year-End Processing Activities. 2011 MeSH Now Available ... MEDLINE Data Changes 2011. PubMed Notes 2011. Whats New for 2011 MeSH. Newly Maintained MEDLINE for 2011 MeSH Now Available in ... Updated MeSH in MEDLINE Citations. MEDLINE records with updated MeSH will be in PubMed in mid-December 2010. See Changing Saved ...
PRIME PubMed | [Influence of electroacupuncture on p38-mitogen activated protein kinase in substantia nigra cells of rats with...
PubMed journal article [Influence of electroacupuncture on p38-mitogen activated protein kinase in substantia nigra cells of ... English Abstract. Journal Article. Research Support, Non-U.S. Govt. Language. chi ... 2013/8/14/medline SP - 329 EP - 33 JF - Zhongguo zhen jiu = Chinese acupuncture & moxibustion JO - Zhongguo Zhen Jiu VL - 33 IS ... Abstract. OBJECTIVE. To explore the role of inflammatory reaction mediated by p38-mitogen activated protein kinase (p38-MAPK) ...
GMS | 81st Annual Meeting of the German Society of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery | Mastoiditis in children: a...
MEDLINE - Resultado p gina 1
ENGLISH ABSTRACT; JOURNAL ARTICLE. [Nm] Nome de subst ncia:. 0 (Radiation-Protective Agents); 24937-83-5 (Poly A); 27416-86-0 ( ... JOURNAL ARTICLE; RESEARCH SUPPORT, U.S. GOVT, P.H.S.. [Nm] Nome de subst ncia:. 0 (Ceroid); 0 (Codon, Nonsense); 0 ( ... JOURNAL ARTICLE; RESEARCH SUPPORT, NON-U.S. GOVT. [Nm] Nome de subst ncia:. 48TCX9A1VT (Cystine); 5UX2SD1KE2 (Cysteamine); ... JOURNAL ARTICLE; RESEARCH SUPPORT, NON-U.S. GOVT. [Nm] Nome de subst ncia:. 0 (Teratogens); 5UX2SD1KE2 (Cysteamine); ...
MEDLINE - Resultado p gina 1
GMS | 50. Jahrestagung der Deutschen Gesellschaft der Plastischen, Rekonstruktiven und Ästhetischen Chirurgen (DGPRÄC), 24....
PRIME PubMed | High glucose via NOX-dependent ROS generation and AKT activity promotes adipose-derived stem cell de...
PubMed journal article High glucose via NOX-dependent ROS generation and AKT activity promotes adipose-derived stem cell de- ... SN - 1557-8534 UR - https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/22272916/abstract/ L2 - https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/ ... RETRACTED ARTICLE. High glucose via NOX-dependent ROS generation and AKT activity promotes adipose-derived stem cell de- ... Abstract. NADPH-oxidase (NOX)-dependent reactive oxygen species (ROS) production is involved in self-renewal of stem and ...
Evidence for the impact of quality improvement collaboratives: systematic review | The BMJ
A total of 175 articles were requested for detailed review. An additional 107 articles were subsequently excluded; 49 studies ... Abstract. Objective To evaluate the effectiveness of quality improvement collaboratives in improving the quality of care. ... Initially we searched Medline using free text terms describing quality improvement collaboratives, and we combined these with ... Download this article to citation manager. Loes M T Schouten senior consultant, Marlies E J L Hulscher senior researcher, ...
Skin toxicity with anti-EGFR monoclonal antibody in cancer patients: a meta-analysis of 65 randomized controlled trials |...
EMBASE, MEDLINE, and PubMed were searched for articles published till November 2017. The relevant RCTs in cancer patients ... Abstract. We performed a meta-analysis to fully investigate the skin toxicities of anti-EGFR monoclonal antibody (EGFR-MoAbs) ... About this article. CrossMark Cite this article as: Li, J. & Yan, H. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol (2018) 82: 571. https://doi.org ... This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors. ...
Schizophrenia: Solving the puzzle | SpringerLink
Methods We performed a literature search using Medline and PsychINFO. We evaluated the relevance of each article and tracked ... Abstract. Background Schizophrenia is a common mental illness with an incidence of 15 new cases per 100,000 population per year ... About this article. Cite this article as: Kelly, B., OCallaghan, E., Lane, A. et al. Ir J Med Sci (2003) 172: 37. https://doi. ... other relevant articles through references.. Results There is considerable evidence to support neurodevelopmental models of the ...
Chromium picolinate for reducing body weight: Meta-analysis of randomized trials | International Journal of Obesity
Literature searches were conducted on Medline, Embase, The Cochrane Library, Amed and Ciscom. Nine experts and four ... About this article. Cite this article. Pittler, M., Stevinson, C. & Ernst, E. Chromium picolinate for reducing body weight: ... Abstract. The aim of this meta-analysis was to assess the evidence of chromium picolinate for reducing body weight. Literature ... The literature searches revealed 31 potentially relevant trials, which were reported in 30 articles.21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29, ...
EmbaseTitles and abstractsMETHODSOBJECTIVECitationsReviewersOvid MEDLINEMeSHCochraneCitationNational Library of Medicine'sSearchScopusHttpsFull TextClinicalPublicationSystematic reviewsJournalInclusion criteriaReviewDc15-0540LiteratureText2000ResearchIndependently reviewedBibliographiesDataRelevant articlesRetrievalStudiesResultsProstateBackgroundLILACSEditor'sDatabaseAuthorsTermsProteinsProceedingsEvidenceReferenceOpen accessTypes
- Medline, Embase, and Cochrane databases were searched electronically. (archive.org)
- We searched MEDLINE and EMBASE from 1946 to May 2014. (eurekalert.org)
- EMBASE, MEDLINE, and PubMed were searched for articles published till November 2017. (springer.com)
- Second, using methodological filters, we searched for articles examining the measurement properties of the tools in use with young children with ASD in ERIC, MEDLINE, EMBASE, CINAHL, and PsycINFO. (plos.org)
- RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS Medline and Embase were searched for articles published until January 2015. (diabetesjournals.org)
- The search was conducted in PubMed, MEDLINE, Embase and Cochrane databases (from 1995 to August 2016) ( Table S2 ). (medscape.com)
- We searched The Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials, MEDLINE and EMBASE until June 2013. (sages.org)
- Methods A search was carried out on the databases MEDLINE, PSYCHINFO, EMBASE, HMIC. (bmj.com)
- Methods 4 databases (MEDLINE, EMBASE, CINAHL and SPORTDiscus) were searched for original articles. (bmj.com)
Titles and abstracts1
- Two reviewers independently screened the titles and abstracts and then conducted full-text reviews, quality assessment and finally data abstraction. (bmj.com)
- Methods We performed a literature search using Medline and PsychINFO. (springer.com)
- This article explores whether a hybrid approach of augmenting traditional information retrieval with knowledge-based methods facilitates finding practical clinical advice in the research literature. (ebscohost.com)
- Methods: A MEDLINE search of 4 key pediatric surgery journals was. (ebscohost.com)
- Objective: To develop optimal search strategies in Medline for retrieving systematic reviews. (ebscohost.com)
- For information about how this maintenance affects the NLM schedule for adding indexed MEDLINE citations to PubMed ® , see the article, MEDLINE ® /PubMed ® Year-End Processing Activities . (nih.gov)
- Two additional resources, Annual MEDLINE/PubMed Year-End Processing (YEP): Impact on Searching During Fall 2010 and Annual MEDLINE/PubMed Year-End Processing (YEP): Background Information , include examples of typical changes that take place in MEDLINE citations during YEP. (nih.gov)
- Typically, NLM does not retrospectively re-index MEDLINE citations with new MeSH Heading concepts. (nih.gov)
- During YEP, NLM updates MeSH headings on MEDLINE citations. (nih.gov)
- Design: Three experimental systems were evaluated for their ability to find MEDLINE citations providing answers to clinical questions of different complexity. (ebscohost.com)
- Conclusion: The improvements in finding relevant MEDLINE citations due to knowledge-based processing show promise in assisting physicians to answer questions in clinical practice. (ebscohost.com)
- MEDLINE contains over 11 million journal citations and abstracts in the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, healthcare systems, and pre-clinical sciences. (tufts.edu)
- Ovid's version links from citations to its evidence-based-medicine databases, articles available full text @Tufts, and ILLiad. (tufts.edu)
- This holding file for citations waiting to be assigned their MESH subject headings and entered into MEDLINE also includes publishers'in-process records that may never be entered into MEDLINE. (tufts.edu)
- article citation capability for copying and pasting citations into other applications and documents. (powells.com)
- Reference lists of included citations were screened for potentially relevant articles. (sages.org)
- Journal article citations contain reference links to source material located on the World Wide Web, when available. (karger.com)
- Reviewers abstracted each publication for predetermined key issues, including stakeholder participation in HIE, and the benefits, barriers, and overall value to primary care practices. (jabfm.org)
- During peer review, the title and abstract are used when we invite reviewers. (biomedcentral.com)
- Invited reviewers are asked to decide whether they wish to review the manuscript on the basis of the title and abstract alone. (biomedcentral.com)
- Reviewers screened 15 447 titles/abstracts and 423 full texts were checked against inclusion criteria. (bmj.com)
- Ovid MEDLINE links from articles reviewed by these systematic reviews via its EBM Topic Review links. (tufts.edu)
- The PubMed MeSH database and translation tables will also be updated to reflect 2011 MeSH in mid-December when YEP activities are complete and the newly maintained MEDLINE data are available in PubMed. (nih.gov)
- MEDLINE records with updated MeSH will be in PubMed in mid-December 2010. (nih.gov)
- For highlights about 2015 MeSH, see the article, What's New for 2015 MeSH . (nih.gov)
- We searched MEDLINE, the Cochrane Library, and government, legal and other road-safety-related websites to extract information on child restraint legislation, policy, types and incidence of injuries, and knowledge and use of restraints by parents and carers. (mja.com.au)
- MEDLINE, Cochrane Library and INAHTA database literature searches were conducted. (wiley.com)
- We used the Medline and Cochrane databases. (chiro.org)
- The About Updates link under the "MEDLINE Citation Maintenance" section explains how NLM prepares the changes in a machine-readable form for others to use. (nih.gov)
- Full-text coverage of journals licensed or owned by Tufts is available via blue Tufts print and electronic icons on its Abstract display below each citation. (tufts.edu)
National Library of Medicine's2
- For complete, science-based information about medical topics, the National Library of Medicine's database of medical literature, MEDLINE, is an essential tool for the compounding pharmacist. (ijpc.com)
- This is the case, for example, for the National Library of Medicine's databases, including Medline and PubMed. (biomedcentral.com)
- We also searched the metaRegister of Controlled Trials (mRCT) using 'strongyloid*' as a search term, reference lists, and conference abstracts. (mendeley.com)
- Optimal search strategies for retrieving systematic reviews from Medline: analytical survey. (ebscohost.com)
- We aimed to develop a search filter for DCM for the MEDLINE database. (springer.com)
- A cursory review of the ture indexed in bibliographic databases and search en- literature, however, did not identify peer-reviewed gines and a focused gray literature review to collate and publications on all of these referenced outbreaks. (cdc.gov)
- Details of the databases, search strategy, and process of article selection are available in the Appendix. (jabfm.org)
- An experimental service, allowing keyword and semantic search of over 10 million open access articles. (jisc.ac.uk)
- Key features: The search includes journal articles, e-books, reviews, legal documents and more that are harvested from primary and secondary publishers, aggregators and open-access repositories. (jisc.ac.uk)
- For example, a PubMed search retrieved 9407 papers including 1172 reviews for TMS in "All Fields," and the ratio became 8186/988 when the filter "[Title/Abstract]" was applied. (frontiersin.org)
- A MEDLINE search and a manual search of bibliographies from reviewed articles. (annals.org)
- Relevant articles were identified through a MEDLINE search (1976 to November 1991). (annals.org)
- A systematic search strategy was implemented to obtain relevant articles. (nih.gov)
- Based on in-depth literature search, the present review article aims at multidisciplinary initiative to approach end-of-life care in cancer patients with comprehensive decision-making. (ispub.com)
- For instance, PubMed ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/ ), a repository developed and maintained by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), provides free access to research articles on prostate cancer from 1949 to 2018 and a keyword search reveals that there are almost 150,000 articles available. (frontiersin.org)
- This review article is based on the current guidelines of the German, European, and American medical societies for pacemaker and defibrillator therapy and on recent pertinent literature retrieved by a search in PubMed. (aerzteblatt.de)
- The author performed a search of Medline, using PubMed. (harvard.edu)
- Most people rely on electronic search engines to find articles. (biomedcentral.com)
- Usually they search through databases that contain only the title, author list and abstract of articles, excluding any keywords attached to the article by its authors. (biomedcentral.com)
- It is therefore important to include in the title and/or abstract the words that potential readers of the article are likely to use during a search. (biomedcentral.com)
- The authors clearly defined the objectives of the review and set criteria for selecting studies before doing a comprehensive search for relevant articles. (acpjc.org)
- MethodsReview of MEDLINE using defined search terms, and manual analysis. (diva-portal.org)
- The search for this review has screened a vast amount of the literature (over 15 000 articles) across a number of databases. (bmj.com)
- Our search yielded 253 articles. (chiro.org)
- The journal is abstracted and indexed by MEDLINE and Scopus. (wikipedia.org)
- The online version of this article ( https://doi.org/10.1007/s00280-018-3644-2 ) contains supplementary material, which is available to authorized users. (springer.com)
- Of 4569 abstracts identified, 297 articles underwent full-text review. (eurekalert.org)
- Here we present an analysis of 15 million English scientific full-text articles published during the period 1823-2016. (nih.gov)
- We subsequently compare the findings to corresponding results obtained on 16.5 million abstracts included in MEDLINE and show that text mining of full-text articles consistently outperforms using abstracts only. (nih.gov)
- Although painstaking examination of full-text may be needed to be conclusive, metadata are surprisingly accurate in predicting when two articles derive from the same underlying clinical trial. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- To receive access to the full text of freely available articles, alerts, and more. (annals.org)
- The CD-ROM contains full text and graphics supplemented by MEDLINE abstracts for all cited references. (powells.com)
- see Supporting Information) (C.H.S. and C.N-P.). The full-text articles were then obtained, read and re-checked against the protocol (L.S.E. and E.M.P.), with those that met the criteria distributed among the coauthors for detailed appraisal. (medscape.com)
- Two investigators screened abstracts and full-text articles of identified references for eligibility. (ahrq.gov)
- We also created a clustering tool, Aggregator, that takes as input a PubMed user query for RCTs on a given topic, and returns article clusters predicted to arise from the same clinical trial. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- Articles were selected based on clinical importance. (harvard.edu)
- They are hyperlinked to articles and abstracts of clinical studies recorded in MedLine since 1971. (naturalnews.com)
- We describe the development in article length and publication sub-topics during these nearly 250 years. (nih.gov)
- No conflicts of interest declared concerning the publication of this article. (scielo.br)
- Our teams of experienced product managers, production editors and editorial staff will guide you expertly through the submission, publication and dissemination of your research article. (karger.com)
- Ahead of Print articles from Medline-indexed journals will be searchable in PubMed soon after online publication. (karger.com)
- This assistance is suggested either before an article is submitted for peer review or before it is accepted for publication. (karger.com)
- Of the 42 articles returned from 3 recent systematic reviews, all were identified by the filter. (springer.com)
- See a synopsis of the article in Journal Watch? (aafp.org)
- Authors should check that the abstract of their manuscript is consistent with the requirements of the article type and journal to which the manuscript will be submitted. (biomedcentral.com)
- Virtually all Karger journal articles are published online first, so they are available for readers online and fully citable shortly after their authors' approval to print. (karger.com)
- Please state journal name, volume, issue and page numbers as well as the DOI number if the article has not yet been printed, as well as article title and the nature of the error. (karger.com)
- Designed for academic, scientific and medical research papers, manuscripts and journal articles. (karger.com)
- The journal publishes articles that cover policy analysis, original scientific and social research, and academic reviews related to human nutrition and malnutrition in developing countries. (wikipedia.org)
- The journal publishes original research, case reports, and educational articles such as narrative reviews and teaching cases. (wikipedia.org)
- For safety, 22 articles met inclusion criteria. (eurekalert.org)
- RESULTS: Nine articles with 1341 patients who underwent pancreatectomy met the inclusion criteria. (uptodate.com)
- Authors at each site (see Appendix) independently reviewed abstracts or complete articles to determine whether inclusion criteria were met. (jabfm.org)
- Fifteen articles met inclusion criteria. (mdpi.com)
- A systematic review of articles referenced in MEDLINE. (hindawi.com)
- Biochemical and molecular impacts of lactoferrin on small intestinal growth and development during early life (1) (1) This article is part of a Special Issue entitled Lactoferrin and has undergone the Journal's usual peer review process. (biomedsearch.com)
- Of 124 abstracts identified, 26 articles were relevant for this review. (mja.com.au)
- This article is a systematic review of literature related to the adoption of HIE by ambulatory primary care practices, with an emphasis on benefits, barriers, and the overall value to the practice. (jabfm.org)
- In all, 22 articles formed the evidence base for this review. (nih.gov)
- This review article is based on information gathered from searching Medline database. (ispub.com)
- RESULTS The systematic review included 34 articles comprising 21 individual studies (10 prospective cohort, 6 cross-sectional, and 5 case-control). (diabetesjournals.org)
- This review article is the product of a collaborative effort by a cardiologist and a cardiac surgeon. (aerzteblatt.de)
- 1,175 abstracts and 115 papers were reviewed and ultimately 37 studies were included in the review. (drexel.edu)
- Previous article in issue: Review of the therapeutic management of Parkinson's disease. (wiley.com)
- This article contains Supplementary Data online at http://care.diabetesjournals.org/lookup/suppl/doi:10.2337/dc15-0540/-/DC1 . (diabetesjournals.org)
- Text mining of the scientific literature has mostly been carried out on collections of abstracts, due to their availability. (nih.gov)
- This article briefly reviews the literature regarding RCMs and types of reactions to RCM. (uptodate.com)
- This paper examines closely the use of Medline literature abstracts as a potential high-throughput annotation source. (biomedcentral.com)
- This article reviews the literature on causes and treatments. (biomedsearch.com)
- Key feature: If you find an article you like, CORE will find similar ones by analysing the text of that article. (jisc.ac.uk)
- This article describes the scope of research on the health of low-income Canadian women. (medscape.com)
- This huge amount of research articles provides a very important source for knowledge discovery for all kinds of interrogations of prostate cancer, e.g., cancer treatment, detection and the prevention of cancer. (frontiersin.org)
- Once the abstract is ready it can be helpful to ask a colleague who is not involved in the research to go through it to ensure that the descriptions are clear. (biomedcentral.com)
- Two study authors independently reviewed all articles (EC, ES). (chiro.org)
- Bibliographies of retrieved articles were also reviewed. (annals.org)
- Data was extracted from articles using predefined data fields. (hindawi.com)
- This article collects, in one place, the notable data changes for 2011. (nih.gov)
- Data synthesis Of 1104 articles identified, 72 were included in the study. (bmj.com)
- Articles should contain quantitative data of the comparison of LDP and ODP. (uptodate.com)
- Data from abstracts, letters, and unpublished data were not considered. (ispub.com)
- In contrast, the traditional way of asserting co-occurrence when at least one abstract mentions both proteins proves to be the worst method for generating co-occurrence data, introducing too many false positives. (biomedcentral.com)
- Tybaert S. MEDLINE Data Changes - 2015. (nih.gov)
- This article collects the notable data changes made to MEDLINE during annual National Library of Medicine (NLM) maintenance known as Year-End Processing (YEP) for 2015. (nih.gov)
- We take great care to send Medline/PubMed appropriately encoded data and double-check the spelling of names, particularly with regard to accents and signs not covered by HTML. (karger.com)
- Data extraction and quality assessment were performed on 19 included articles. (bmj.com)
- We evaluated the relevance of each article and tracked other relevant articles through references. (springer.com)
- Hand searching identified 77/1094 relevant articles for 2005 and 55/1199 for 2010. (springer.com)
- Of the 255 references listed in the narrative index reviews, 225 were indexed in MEDLINE and 165 (73%) were relevant articles. (springer.com)
- All relevant articles were identified and accuracy ranged from 67 to 97% over the three reviews. (springer.com)
- We also contacted experts and searched registries and meeting abstracts for additional relevant articles. (cmaj.ca)
- Reference lists of identified articles were inspected for further relevant articles. (bmj.com)
- Evaluating the impact of MEDLINE filters on evidence retrieval: study protocol. (ebscohost.com)
- This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors. (springer.com)
- This article also describes the therapeutic management of patients who have had a previous adverse reaction to RCM and provides an approach to patients who have breakthrough reactions despite adequate premedication, but require additional radiographic studies. (uptodate.com)
- Published studies retrieved from Medline and other databases. (bmj.com)
- We collected prostate cancer-related abstracts from MEDLINE, and constructed an annotated corpus of gene and prostate cancer relations based on six topics by biologists. (biomedcentral.com)
- We aim to recognize relations between prostate cancer terms and relevant gene terms from MEDLINE abstracts. (biomedcentral.com)
- But Étude médico-économique comparative des coûts entre résection transurétrale monopolaire de la prostate (RTUP) en hospitalisation complète avec 3 nuits et photovaporisation prostatique (PVP) au laser Greenlight en ambulatoire. (urofrance.org)
- Une analyse rétrospective par minimisation des coûts sur la période 2017-2019 a été réalisée dans un centre hospitalier privé français pour les séjours associés aux actes de RTUP et de PVP en rapport avec une hypertrophie bénigne de la prostate. (urofrance.org)
- Background: Rather than searching the entire MEDLINE database, clinicians can perform searches on a filtered set of articles where relevant information is more likely to be found. (ebscohost.com)
- MEDLINE and LILACS were searched for relevant English and French-language articles. (scielo.br)
- Editor's note: With this article, we proudly introduce a new column, The Surgical Vanguard, that will profile surgeons who have made a notable and lasting impression on the field of surgery. (sages.org)
- Using 3,662 labeled sentences in MEDLINE abstracts and dynamic hidden Markov models, the authors achieved an F-measure of 0.71. (biomedcentral.com)
- Each article was reviewed by two authors. (uptodate.com)
- 1These fi rst authors contributed equally to this article. (cdc.gov)
- Authors need to critically assess the different aspects of the manuscript and choose those that are sufficiently important to deserve inclusion in the abstract. (biomedcentral.com)
- After the manuscript is written, the authors should go back to the abstract to check that it agrees with the contents of the final manuscript. (biomedcentral.com)
- Author's Choice is an option that lets authors decide how to distribute their articles: either via the classic subscription model or with Open Access rights for online usage. (karger.com)
- The articles were reviewed by study authors, graded independently for class of evidence, and combined in a meta-analysis. (chiro.org)
- If you want to make sure that your article is found as a "Related Article" in PubMed searches, please bear in mind that the algorithm used for this functionality gives more weight to less common terms, words used more frequently within a document, and terms in the title. (biomedcentral.com)
- This is an Open Access article distributed in accordance with the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) license, which permits others to distribute, remix, adapt and build upon this work, for commercial use, provided the original work is properly cited. (bmj.com)
- We find that including information on the co-occurrence of proteins within an abstract greatly boosts performance in the Functional Flow graph-theoretic function prediction algorithm in yeast, fly and worm. (biomedcentral.com)
- and abstracts of nephrology conference proceedings. (acpjc.org)
- This article is adapted from a published evidence report concerning neonatal hyperbilirubinemia with an added section on the risk of blood exchange transfusion (BET). Based on a summary of multiple case reports that spanned more than 30 years, we conclude that kernicterus, although infrequent, has at least 10% mortality and at least 70% long-term morbidity. (aappublications.org)
- This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License , which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. (hindawi.com)