Pregnancy Trimester, First
Family Planning Services
The state or condition of being a human individual accorded moral and/or legal rights. Criteria to be used to determine this status are subject to debate, and range from the requirement of simply being a human organism to such requirements as that the individual be self-aware and capable of rational thought and moral agency.
A progestational and glucocorticoid hormone antagonist. Its inhibition of progesterone induces bleeding during the luteal phase and in early pregnancy by releasing endogenous prostaglandins from the endometrium or decidua. As a glucocorticoid receptor antagonist, the drug has been used to treat hypercortisolism in patients with nonpituitary CUSHING SYNDROME.
Reproductive rights rest on the recognition of the basic right of all couples and individuals to decide freely and responsibly the number, spacing and timing of their children and to have the information and means to do so, and the right to attain the highest standard of sexual and reproductive health. They also include the right of all to make decisions concerning reproduction free of discrimination, coercion and violence.
Dilatation and Curettage
Beginning of Human Life
Pregnancy Trimester, Second
A genus of protozoan parasites of the subclass COCCIDIA. Its species are parasitic in dogs, cattle, goats, and sheep, among others. N. caninum, a species that mainly infects dogs, is intracellular in neural and other cells of the body, multiplies by endodyogeny, has no parasitophorous vacuole, and has numerous rhoptries. It is known to cause lesions in many tissues, especially the brain and spinal cord as well as abortion in the expectant mother.
The state that distinguishes organisms from inorganic matter, manifested by growth, metabolism, reproduction, and adaptation. It includes the course of existence, the sum of experiences, the mode of existing, or the fact of being. Over the centuries inquiries into the nature of life have crossed the boundaries from philosophy to biology, forensic medicine, anthropology, etc., in creative as well as scientific literature. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed; Dr. James H. Cassedy, NLM History of Medicine Division)
The Christian faith, practice, or system of the Catholic Church, specifically the Roman Catholic, the Christian church that is characterized by a hierarchic structure of bishops and priests in which doctrinal and disciplinary authority are dependent upon apostolic succession, with the pope as head of the episcopal college. (From Webster, 3d ed; American Heritage Dictionary, 2d college ed)
A potentially life-threatening condition in which EMBRYO IMPLANTATION occurs outside the cavity of the UTERUS. Most ectopic pregnancies (>96%) occur in the FALLOPIAN TUBES, known as TUBAL PREGNANCY. They can be in other locations, such as UTERINE CERVIX; OVARY; and abdominal cavity (PREGNANCY, ABDOMINAL).
Pregnancy Complications, Infectious
Women's Health Services
Legislation as Topic
A highly vascularized mammalian fetal-maternal organ and major site of transport of oxygen, nutrients, and fetal waste products. It includes a fetal portion (CHORIONIC VILLI) derived from TROPHOBLASTS and a maternal portion (DECIDUA) derived from the uterine ENDOMETRIUM. The placenta produces an array of steroid, protein and peptide hormones (PLACENTAL HORMONES).
Reproductive Health Services
Trophoblastic hyperplasia associated with normal gestation, or molar pregnancy. It is characterized by the swelling of the CHORIONIC VILLI and elevated human CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN. Hydatidiform moles or molar pregnancy may be categorized as complete or partial based on their gross morphology, histopathology, and karyotype.
Health Services Accessibility
T(1/1061)he pill in Japan: will approval ever come? (+info)
Once-a-month treatment with a combination of mifepristone and the prostaglandin analogue misoprostol. (2/1061)In this two centre study, the efficacy of 200 mg mifepristone orally followed 48 h later by 0.4 mg misoprostol orally for menstrual regulation was investigated. The dose of mifepristone was taken the day before the expected day of menstruation. Each volunteer was planned to participate for up to 6 months. A plasma beta human chorionic gonadotrophin (HCG) was measured on the day of mifepristone intake. The study was disrupted prematurely due to low efficacy. In 125 treatment cycles the overall pregnancy rate was 17.6% (22 pregnancies) and the rate of continuing pregnancies (failure) was 4.0%. Eight women discontinued the study due to bleeding irregularities which were seen in 15 cycles (12%). These effects on bleeding pattern made the timing of treatment day difficult. Late luteal phase treatment with a combination of mifepristone and misoprostol is not adequately effective for menstrual regulation. (+info)
Agreeing criteria for audit of the management of induced abortion: an approach by national consensus survey. (3/1061)OBJECTIVE: To obtain a national consensus view of suggested criteria for good quality care in induced abortion to serve as a basis for standards for audit to assess current clinical practice. DESIGN: Postal, questionnaire survey assessing consensus agreement with criteria identified from a literature review and refined by an invited panel of four gynaecologists and the gynaecology audit project in Scotland (GAPS) committee. SETTING: Scotland. SUBJECTS: All 132 practising consultant gynaecologists. MAIN MEASURES: Overall level of agreement with each of 20 suggested audit criteria. RESULTS: 121 completed questionnaires were received (response rate 92%), of which 119 were returned in time for analysis; 107 came from consultants who practised abortion routinely and were included in the analysis. Nineteen of 20 suggested criteria were validated by an overall balance of agreement. The most strongly supported criterion (agreement score +93) was for ascertaining rhesus status of the woman and prophylaxis after abortion, if indicated. The only criterion to elicit a negative agreement score (-27) was that dilatation and evacuation is the best method of abortion at 12-15 weeks' gestation. The ranked and prioritised criteria resulting from this exercise are being used within a national audit project. CONCLUSIONS: A postal questionnaire survey among interested clinicians resulted in a good response rate and enabled the audit criteria to be validated and ranked more objectively and among more clinicians, than would have been possible by group discussion. (+info)
Impact of a national audit project on gynaecologists in Scotland. (4/1061)The objectives of the study were (a) to determine consultant gynaecologists' awareness of and views on a national audit project (the gynaecology audit project in Scotland) and (b) to measure changes in their reported practice in relation to 12 specific elements of care related to three audit topics (induced abortion, endometriosis, and vulvar carcinoma) for which recommendations for change had been made within the project. The study comprised a postal questionnaire survey of all 128 consultant gynaecologists in NHS practice in Scotland. The response rate was 90%. Of the respondents, 96% (109/113) recalled receiving feedback material from the audit project team and around 75% (range 66/89 to 84/105) had retained feedback reports for future reference. For the two more common clinical topics (induced abortion and endometriosis), over two thirds of the respondents indicated that they had been prompted to reconsider or change aspects of practice. Significant changes in reported practice, in line with project recommendations, were found for seven of the 12 specific elements of care examined. Thus, gynaecologists in Scotland showed a high level of awareness of and positive views towards a national audit project. Significant changes in reported practice, in accordance with circulated recommendations, were measurable in relation to several elements of clinical care. (+info)
Complications of unsafe abortion in sub-Saharan Africa: a review. (5/1061)The Commonwealth Regional Health Community Secretariat undertook a study in 1994 to document the magnitude of abortion complications in Commonwealth member countries. The results of the literature review component of that study, and research gaps identified as a result of the review, are presented in this article. The literature review findings indicate a significant public health problem in the region, as measured by a high proportion of incomplete abortion patients among all hospital gynaecology admissions. The most common complications of unsafe abortion seen at health facilities were haemorrhage and sepsis. Studies on the use of manual vacuum aspiration for treating abortion complications found shorter lengths of hospital stay (and thus, lower resource costs) and a reduced need for a repeat evacuation. Very few articles focused exclusively on the cost of treating abortion complications, but authors agreed that it consumes a disproportionate amount of hospital resources. Studies on the role of men in supporting a woman's decision to abort or use contraception were similarly lacking. Articles on contraceptive behaviour and abortion reported that almost all patients suffering from abortion complications had not used an effective, or any, method of contraception prior to becoming pregnant, especially among the adolescent population; studies on post-abortion contraception are virtually nonexistent. Almost all articles on the legal aspect of abortion recommended law reform to reflect a public health, rather than a criminal, orientation. Research needs that were identified include: community-based epidemiological studies; operations research on decentralization of post-abortion care and integration of treatment with post-abortion family planning services; studies on system-wide resource use for treatment of incomplete abortion; qualitative research on the role of males in the decision to terminate pregnancy and use contraception; clinical studies on pain control medications and procedures; and case studies on the provision of safe abortion services where legally allowed. (+info)
A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study to assess the effect of oral contraceptive pills on the outcome of medical abortion with mifepristone and misoprostol. (6/1061)This was a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial to determine the effect of oral contraceptive (OC) pills taken immediately after medical abortion on the duration of bleeding and complete abortion rate. Two hundred women in the first 49 days of pregnancy were given 200 mg mifepristone orally followed by 400 microg misoprostol vaginally 48 h later. One day later, they were randomized to receive either OC pills (30 microg of ethinyl oestradiol and 0.15 mg of levonorgestrel per tablet) or placebo for 21 days. The complete abortion rates were 98% in the OC group and 99% in the placebo group. The median duration of bleeding was similar: 17 (range: 5-57) days in the OC group and 16 (range: 6-55) days in the placebo group. In the OC group there was a small but significant fall in the haemoglobin concentration by 14 days (5.3 g/dl) after administration of mifepristone. The incidence of side-effects was similar in the two groups. We conclude that the use of OC pills does not decrease the duration of bleeding after medical abortion nor does it affect the abortion rate. (+info)
Contraceptive failure rates: new estimates from the 1995 National Survey of Family Growth. (7/1061)CONTEXT: Unintended pregnancy remains a major public health concern in the United States. Information on pregnancy rates among contraceptive users is needed to guide medical professionals' recommendations and individuals' choices of contraceptive methods. METHODS: Data were taken from the 1995 National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG) and the 1994-1995 Abortion Patient Survey (APS). Hazards models were used to estimate method-specific contraceptive failure rates during the first six months and during the first year of contraceptive use for all U.S. women. In addition, rates were corrected to take into account the underreporting of induced abortion in the NSFG. Corrected 12-month failure rates were also estimated for subgroups of women by age, union status, poverty level, race or ethnicity, and religion. RESULTS: When contraceptive methods are ranked by effectiveness over the first 12 months of use (corrected for abortion underreporting), the implant and injectables have the lowest failure rates (2-3%), followed by the pill (8%), the diaphragm and the cervical cap (12%), the male condom (14%), periodic abstinence (21%), withdrawal (24%) and spermicides (26%). In general, failure rates are highest among cohabiting and other unmarried women, among those with an annual family income below 200% of the federal poverty level, among black and Hispanic women, among adolescents and among women in their 20s. For example, adolescent women who are not married but are cohabiting experience a failure rate of about 31% in the first year of contraceptive use, while the 12-month failure rate among married women aged 30 and older is only 7%. Black women have a contraceptive failure rate of about 19%, and this rate does not vary by family income; in contrast, overall 12-month rates are lower among Hispanic women (15%) and white women (10%), but vary by income, with poorer women having substantially greater failure rates than more affluent women. CONCLUSIONS: Levels of contraceptive failure vary widely by method, as well as by personal and background characteristics. Income's strong influence on contraceptive failure suggests that access barriers and the general disadvantage associated with poverty seriously impede effective contraceptive practice in the United States. (+info)
Prenatal diagnosis and discrimination against the disabled. (8/1061)Two versions of the argument that prenatal diagnosis discriminates against the disabled are distinguished and analysed. Both are shown to be inadequate, but some valid concerns about the social effects of prenatal diagnosis are highlighted. (+info)
Home abortion | +27780251684 | Abortion Pills For Sale in Johannesburg Womens Clinic in South Africa Swaziland Lesotho Namibia...
Home abortion The abortion pill causes cramping and bleeding that can last several hours or more. You can be at home, or whatever is comfortable for you. Plan on taking it easy for the day. Abortion Clinics I, Legal Abortion Clinics, Safe Abortion Pills For Sale, Cheap Abortion Clinics, Womens Clinics, Termination Pills For Sale, Abortion Clinics Around, Medical Abortion Clinics, How Much Is Abortion Pills, Where Can I Get Abortion Pills, Abortion Clinics Near Me. Where Can I Get The Abortion Pill & How Much Will It Cost?. Abortion Clinics Best and safest way a woman can do an abortion herself until the 28th weeks of pregnancy is with the use of two medicines called Mifepristone (also known as the abortion pill, RU486, Mifegyne, Mifeprex), and Misoprostol (also known as Cytotec, Arthrotec, Oxaprost, Cyprostol, Mibetec, Prostokos or Misotrol). If you live in a country where there is no access to safe abortion services and you would like to obtain a medical abortion with Mifepristone and ...
Surgical Abortion Alphabet City NY, Alphabet City New York Surgical Abortion, Abortion Clinic Alphabet City NY, Abortion...
Surgical Abortion Alphabet City NY, Alphabet City NY Surgical Abortion, Abortion Clinic Alphabet City NY, Abortion Options Alphabet City NY, Early Abortion Alphabet City NY, Buy Surgical Abortion Alphabet City NY, | We Accept Medicaid | Free Pregnancy Test | Surgical Abortion Alphabet City New York, Alphabet City New York Surgical Abortion, Abortion Clinic Alphabet City New York, Abortion Options Alphabet City New York, Early Abortion Alphabet City New York | ParkMed NYC
Surgical Abortion Ardsley NY, Ardsley New York Surgical Abortion, Abortion Clinic Ardsley NY, Abortion Options Ardsley NY,...
Surgical Abortion Ardsley NY, Ardsley NY Surgical Abortion, Abortion Clinic Ardsley NY, Abortion Options Ardsley NY, Early Abortion Ardsley NY, Buy Surgical Abortion Ardsley NY, | We Accept Medicaid | Free Pregnancy Test | Surgical Abortion Ardsley New York, Ardsley New York Surgical Abortion, Abortion Clinic Ardsley New York, Abortion Options Ardsley New York, Early Abortion Ardsley New York | ParkMed NYC
Current medical abortion care<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Current medical abortion care. AU - Creinin, Mitchell D. PY - 2003/12. Y1 - 2003/12. N2 - Medical abortion using mifepristone and a prostaglandin analogue is a highly effective option for early abortion. Since the clinical introduction of mifepristone to the world in 1988, millions of women have had the opportunity to have a safe abortion without primary surgical intervention. The standard method of providing medical abortion has evolved through well-done studies to develop regimens that decrease cost and time to abortion. Currently, mifepristone with misoprostol is the most widely used medical abortion regimen. The most effective option available involves mifepristone 200 mg followed at least 24 hours later by misoprostol 800 μg vaginally. Women can self-administer the misoprostol, with complete abortion rates exceeding 95%. Researchers continue to refine the available regimens to improve outcomes and acceptability.. AB - Medical abortion using mifepristone and a prostaglandin ...
Medical Abortion Wont Affect Future Pregnancies - ABC News
The research, which appears in the Aug. 16 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine, found that abortions induced by medication dont increase the risk of ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, preterm birth or low birth weight babies in future pregnancies any more than surgical abortions do.. There are three different methods of medical abortion: a drug called misoprostol used alone; methotrexate followed by misoprostol; and mifepristone followed by misoprostol. The combination of mifepristone and misoprostol is the one most commonly used, according to the study. Mifepristone received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for use in medical abortion in 2000. By 2004, about 360,000 American women had undergone medical abortions, and the use of medical abortion is likely to increase, the study authors wrote.. While there have been many previous studies on the long-term safety of surgical abortion, most of the studies done on medical abortion have assessed only the short-term safety and ...
New global medical abortion database launched to increase safe abortion access for women - Concept Foundation
The International Planned Parenthood Federation today launched www.MedAb.org - the Medical Abortion Commodities Database, which houses information on the availability of quality misoprostol, mifepristone and co-packaged mifepristone and misoprostol (combipacks) at national level.. The www.MedAb.org database is a resource for public health professionals seeking information to inform policy and use in reproductive health care programmes. These include public health and service delivery managers, staff involved in safe abortion programmes, donors funding projects on safe abortion and maternal health, policy analysts, clinical service providers and supply chain logisticians. IPPF worked closely with Gynuity Health Projects and Concept Foundation to develop this database to help increase the availability of and access to safe abortion care.. MedAb database release statement. ...
Abortion Is Not Safe: New Video Documents 67 Abortion-Related Medical Emergencies and 1 Maternal Death in 2020
Five of the abortion emergencies involved abortions in the second trimester or later.. These 67 incidents are anecdotal and reflect only abortion-related medical emergencies reported to or uncovered by Operation Rescue. It is not an exhaustive accounting of abortion complications by any means. In fact, there is no true accounting of the actual number of women who suffered abortion-related complications due to chronic under-reporting and the failure of many states to mandate abortion complication reporting.. What we see is just the tip of a very nasty iceberg when it comes to the number of women who suffer serious complications from abortions, said Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue. But what our data does show is that abortion is not safe, that women suffer horribly on a regular basis from life-threatening abortion injuries, and that sometimes women even die from botched abortions. This is the ugly truth about abortion that Planned Parenthood and the rest of the Abortion Cartel does ...
Management of post abortion complications in Botswana-the need for a standardized approach
Background Post abortion complications are the third leading cause of maternal death after hemorrhage and hypertension in Botswana where abortion is not legalized. This study aimed at assessing the management of post abortion complications in Botswana. Methods A retrospective study was conducted at four hospitals in Botswana in 2014. Socio-demographic, patient management and outcomes data were extracted from patients medical records. Descriptive statistics and chi-square test were used to analyze and present the data. Result A total of 619 patients medical records were reviewed. The duration of hospital stay prior to uterine evacuation ranged from less than an hour to 480 hours. All the patients received either prophylactic or therapeutic antibiotics. Use of parenteral antibiotics was significantly associated with severity of abortion, second trimester abortion, use of blood products and the interval between managements decision and uterine evacuation. Uterine evacuation for retained products ...
Abortion pills for sale in La Montagne 0127538696 - Dr Lettie Abortion Clinics
Abortion pills for sale,abortion clinic,termination pills 0127538696,best and safest way a woman can do an abortion herself until the 20th week of pregnancy is with the use of two medicines called Mifepristone (also known as the abortion pill, RU 486, Mifegyn, Mifeprex), and Misoprostol (also known as Cytotec, Arthrotec, Oxaprost, Cyprostol, Mibetec, Prostokos or Misotrol). If you live in a country where there is no access to safe abortion services and you would like to obtain a medical abortion with Mifepristone and Misoprostol pills, please contact us on Abortion clinics in Rivonia,abortion pills in Rivonia:. ...
Abortion pills for sale in Alphen Park 0127538696 - Dr Lettie Abortion Clinics
Abortion pills for sale,abortion clinic,termination pills 0127538696,best and safest way a woman can do an abortion herself until the 20th week of pregnancy is with the use of two medicines called Mifepristone (also known as the abortion pill, RU 486, Mifegyn, Mifeprex), and Misoprostol (also known as Cytotec, Arthrotec, Oxaprost, Cyprostol, Mibetec, Prostokos or Misotrol). If you live in a country where there is no access to safe abortion services and you would like to obtain a medical abortion with Mifepristone and Misoprostol pills, please contact us on Abortion clinics in Rivonia,abortion pills in Rivonia:. ...
Demand for medical abortion : a case study of university students in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
Abortion remains one of the most controversial sexual health topics and yet is a common experience for women around the world. Making sure that women are practicing safe abortions is integral to womens sexual and reproductive health as well as their sexual rights. South Africa has one of the most progressive and liberal abortion laws in the world, yet women still face major barriers in accessing these services. Introducing medical abortion as another termination of pregnancy option could potentially save womens lives, while reducing the number of unsafe abortions in South Africa. Medical abortion also contributes to fulfilling womens sexual and reproductive rights, providing more choices to best suit their needs. In 2001, the South African Medicines Control Council (MCC) approved the use of mifepristone in conjunction with misoprostol for termination of pregnancy. Currently there is no formal national policy that allows for the provision of medical abortion in public health facilities, and ...
Home Abortion Clinic
abortion clinic,women`s clinic,abort,termination,pregnancy tests,womb cleaning,safe abortion,quick abortion,womens health clinic,abortion pills,abortion tablets,stop babys,Abortion clinic in South Africa,Termination clinics in South Africa,Abortion clinics in Johannesburg,Women`s clinic in South Africa,Abortion pills on sale worldwide ,Safe Abortion pills,Safe womb cleaning pills on sale.
Novel Abortion Provision Models | ANSIRH
Medication abortion is safe and effective and makes up about one in three abortion procedures in the United States. The most effective regimen for medication abortion involves two medications - mifepristone and misoprostol - taken in conjunction to terminate a pregnancy up to 10 weeks gestation. The nature of medication abortion gives it the potential to be accessible outside of the traditional healthcare setting - meaning people could have more control and autonomy over their abortion experience. However, abortion access is restricted in the US, including how medication abortion pills can be dispensed. In addition to state laws that restrict medication abortion, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires that mifepristone be dispensed only at a doctors office, clinic, or hospital, and that clinicians who wants to provide medication abortion have to register with the drugs distributor and stock the medication in their offices. These rules restrict access to mifepristone. A group of ...
Abortion Clinic Atlanta: Atlanta SurgiCenter Abortion Clinic in Atlanta, Georgia, first trimester abortion, second trimester...
Abortion clinic Atlanta SurgiCenter in Atlanta, Georgia. Fully equipped surgical center that performs first and second trimester abortions
30 Natural Ways of Abortion [Definitive Guide]: Really Work or High-Risk? 4 Safe Abortion Methods
Looking for a Safe Proven & Convenient Method for At-Home Abortion? 30 Natural Abortion Methods Reviews: Papaya, Vitamin C, Aspirin... Risks of Natural Abortion & 4 Safe Abortion Methods.
0730558791 0730558791 ௵ Abortion pills for sale in Atteridge ville | Asian Venue Guide
SAFE ABORTION CLINICS/PILLS ON SALE WE DO DELIVERY OF PILLS ALSO….Abortion clinic at very low costs, 100% Guaranteed and its safe, pain free and a same day service.It Is A 45 Minutes Procedure, we use tested abortion pills and we do womb cleaning as well.Alternatively the medical abortion pill and womb cleansing tablets for the termination can be delivered to you for home use.Abortion clinic in south Africa Private and sale of pills for home use Women health problems. A same day services:safe,legal & pain free Abortions/Terminations. From 1 week to 6 months..We use tested and / approved pills / Tablets. Its 100% guaranteed & safe. No side effectThere are many ways to describe Medical Abortions. The different names used are Abortion by Pill, early non-surgical, chemical or instrument-free abortion. In this process a pill or set of pills is used to Terminate the Pregnancy. It is the most frequently used procedure in South Africa because legally the country allows only up to 1 trimester ...
0730558791 0730558791 ௵ Abortion pills for sale in Atteridge ville | Asian Venue Guide
SAFE ABORTION CLINICS/PILLS ON SALE WE DO DELIVERY OF PILLS ALSO….Abortion clinic at very low costs, 100% Guaranteed and its safe, pain free and a same day service.It Is A 45 Minutes Procedure, we use tested abortion pills and we do womb cleaning as well.Alternatively the medical abortion pill and womb cleansing tablets for the termination can be delivered to you for home use.Abortion clinic in south Africa Private and sale of pills for home use Women health problems. A same day services:safe,legal & pain free Abortions/Terminations. From 1 week to 6 months..We use tested and / approved pills / Tablets. Its 100% guaranteed & safe. No side effectThere are many ways to describe Medical Abortions. The different names used are Abortion by Pill, early non-surgical, chemical or instrument-free abortion. In this process a pill or set of pills is used to Terminate the Pregnancy. It is the most frequently used procedure in South Africa because legally the country allows only up to 1 trimester ...
Abortion Facts @ Women on Web
In countries where safe abortion is not accessible, women seek unsafe methods. Each year, an estimated 25 million unsafe abortions occur worldwide. As a result, every 10 minutes somewhere in the world a woman dies unnecessarily due to complications of unsafe abortion. Restrictive abortion laws violate womens human rights and put womens health and lives at risk. There are two main methods of abortion; surgical abortion entails using of surgical procedures for terminating pregnancy, including vacuum aspiration and dilatation and evacuation (D&E), and medical abortion entails the administration of pharmacological drugs to terminate pregnancy. Both methods are proven to be safe and effective. Read and share facts about abortions and help us debunk harmful abortion myths.. ...
mongodb - Modimolle 0789982392 *Cheap Clinic* Abortion pills for sale 50% Off in Modimolle Northam
078 998 2392 Cheap Clinic 50% Off Sales What are (Cytotec) abortion pills? The abortion pill should not be confused with the morning after pill as it is intended for use within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy whereas the morning after pill should only be used within 3 to 5 days after intercourse. The abortion pill, Misoprostol, is an approved pregnancy termination method in South Africa How does an Abortion Pill work? Both abortion pills, mifepristone and misoprostol, are usually used in order to terminate a pregnancy. Mifepristone causes the embryo to detach from the uterus thereby cutting off essential nutrients and oxygen carried by the blood. Misoprostol is then taken two days later and triggers the evacuation of the embryo remnants through the vagina. This often appears as a heavy period. Is the Abortion Pill safe? The abortion pill is usually safer than a medical abortion or surgical abortion but should only be considered up to 24 weeks (7months) of pregnancy. Medical Abortion pills can be ...
Different Time Schedules of Mifepristone and Misoprostol in Second Trimester Medical Abortion: A Comparative Study
Background & aim: Recently, the use of mifepristone followed by misoprostol after 36-48 h has been demonstrated to be an effective and safe method for the second trimester medical abortion. However, this regimen entails long total abortion time, and consequently increases the financial burden and anxiety in the patients. We hypothesize that one day interval would be also effective and can be used to provide the abortion care. Regarding this, the present study aimed to compare the effectiveness and safety of 24- and 36-hour intervals between the administration of mifepristone and misoprstol for second trimester abortion. Methods: This prospective comparative study was conducted on 70 females who opted for second trimester medical abortion between 12-20 weeks. Mifepristone (200 mg) was followed by sublingual misoprostol (800 mcg) after one and two days in the first and second groups, respectively. Four hours after the administration of 800 mcg misoprostol, all patients received 400 mcg sublingual
Unsafe abortion in Burkina Faso - Institute of Health and Society
Fatoumata Ouattara and Katerini Storeng analysed abortion policy in Burkina Faso, a country with a restrictive abortion law where most abortions are unsafe, resulting in high levels of abortion-related morbidity and mortality. PhD student Ramatou Ouédraogo demonstrated how womens social vulnerability contributes to unsafe abortion. Medical research degree student Hanne Lichtwarck (UiO) assessed the provision of post-abortion care services in the Ouagadougou region, while recent MPhil graduate Seydou Drabo (UiO) analysed the complicated and often problematic relationship between health care providers and women seeking care for treatment of abortion complications. Patrick Ilbodo, PhD candidate in health economics, presented the substantial costs incurred by women and by the health system for the treatment of abortion complications.. Health workers, researchers and policy makers participated in a lively discussion on the social and public health issues related to unsafe abortion.. The conference ...
Medication Abortion: FAQ - Womens Community ClinicWomens Community Clinic
What is medication abortion?. Medication abortion, also called the abortion pill, is actually a combination of two drugs: Mifeprex and and Misoprostol. When taken together as directed, these two medications will terminate a pregnancy and cause the body to expel it. Its a method of abortion for women in their first ten weeks of pregnancy. Another method of abortion available during the first trimester is aspiration abortion, which is also called surgical abortion.. How does medication abortion work?. Medication abortion works through a combination of two drugs: Mifeprex and Misoprostol. Mifeprex blocks the hormone progesterone, which plays an essential role in maintaining and supporting a pregnancy. When progesterone is blocked, the pregnancy will stop growing. Misoprostol is a drug that causes the uterus to contract, helping the body to expel the pregnancy.. Is medication abortion safe?. Both Mifeprex and Misoprostol are very safe, and have been used by thousands of women to end early ...
Implementation of legal abortion in Nepal: a model for rapid scale-up of high-quality care | Reproductive Health | Full Text
Unsafe abortions significant contribution to maternal mortality and morbidity was a critical factor leading to liberalization of Nepals restrictive abortion law in 2002. Careful, comprehensive planning among a range of multisectoral stakeholders, led by Nepals Ministry of Health and Population, enabled the country subsequently to introduce and scale up safe abortion services in a remarkably short timeframe. This paper examines factors that contributed to rapid, successful implementation of legal abortion in this mountainous republic, including deliberate attention to the key areas of policy, health system capacity, equipment and supplies, and information dissemination. Important elements of this successful model of scaling up safe legal abortion include: the pre-existence of postabortion care services, through which health-care providers were already familiar with the main clinical technique for safe abortion; government leadership in coordinating complementary contributions from a wide range of
International Access to Safe Abortion Day 2020 Campaign - AECS
It is with lots of excitement that we are opening the call for this years Small Working Group for International Access to Safe Abortion Day campaign!. International Access to Safe Abortion Day is celebrated annually on September 28 and serves as a reminder that access to safe and legal abortion is essential for the realization of human rights and should be recognized as an essential reproductive healthcare service! We are looking for passionate and dedicated members who are willing to invest their time and energy on this campaign and enjoy a great learning experience on the way alongside fellow SCORA members.. Members of the SWG will get the opportunity to brainstorm, draft and develop the campaign for International Access to Safe Abortion Day 2020. Goals of the SWG:. ...
Christian Medical Comment: British Medical Journal perpetuates myths about illegal abortions
Unsafe abortion is a little discussed yet major cause of morbidity and mortality in countries like Liberia, which are unable or unwilling to provide safe abortion services. In the United Kingdom it has become easy to disregard the harm that our reproductive health services prevent. We must protect and promote access to safe abortion services. Safe abortion is pro-life. Safe abortion saves lives. Just ask your grandmother. ...
Medical in Alaska - AlaskaYellowPages.com
0) commonly provides Abortion Alternatives (20) commonly provides Abortion Alternatives and adoptions, Abortion help line, birth control, pregnancy consulting, pregnancy aid, pregnancy, unwanted pregnancy, pregnancy services alternatives, pregnancy termination alternatives, abortion care, abortion procedures alternatives, abortion services alternatives, abortion support , family planning , adopting Abortion Information & Services (9) commonly provides Abortion Information and Services and abortion services, abortion support services, abortion procedures information, pregnancy services, pregnancy termination, abortion care, abortion procedures services, pregnancy information Acupressure (6) commonly provides Acupressure and shiatsu, jin shin, alternative medicine acupressure, pressure points healing, stress relief acupressure, pain control acupressure, natural acupressure, acupressurists, oriental medicine acupressure Acupuncture (41) commonly provides Acupuncture and oriental medicine ...
Mifegest Kit [+1(410)449-0511] Mifepristone / Misoprostol and Cytotec 200 Mcg Abortion Pills Available In Fujairah | Recetario...
CONTACT US!!!. WhatsApp+1(410)449-0511. The Womens Center of Hyde Park (Tampa Abortion Clinic) was established in 1998 and is located in the beautiful, Lake shore District of Hyde Park in Tampa Bay. It has been serving the State of Florida and the United States for over 20 years.. Our Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Al Ain, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain (UAQ) United Arab Emirates Abortion Clinic provides the safest and most advanced techniques for providing non-surgical, medical and surgical abortion methods for early through late second trimester, including the Abortion By Pill Procedure (RU 486, Mifeprex, Mifepristone, early options French Abortion Pill), Tamoxifen, Methotrexate and Cytotec (Misoprostol).. The Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abortion Clinic performs Same Day Abortion Procedure using medications that are taken on the first day of the office visit and will cause the abortion to occur generally within 4 to 6 hours (as early as 30 minutes) for patients who are 3 ...
All About Abortion
Surgical abortions -- which are nearly always 100% effective -- can be performed from the time a pregnancy is confirmed until around the end of the second trimester, but second trimester abortions only account for less than around 10% of all abortions, and it is obviously ideal, for someone who wants to terminate, to do so earlier rather than later, physically and emotionally. What type of surgical abortion -- manual vacuum aspiration (MVA), dilation and curettage (D&C) or, more commonly now, dilation and evacuation (D&E) -- depends on the length of the pregnancy and the specific situation. All are currently legal in the U.S. and Canada.. • Manual and/or vacuum aspiration (MVA) or electric vacuum aspiration (EVA) can be done within the first trimester, up to about 13 weeks of pregnancy. It is what is most often used for abortions now, and manual aspiration can be used as soon as four weeks from the last menstrual period. During an aspiration, an injection first numbs the cervix  with a ...
Womens Health Matters - Medical Abortion
A medical abortion uses drugs to empty the contents of the uterus. Medical abortions can be done only early in pregnancy. There are two types of medical abortions performed at the Bay Centre for Birth Control.. 1) Mifepristone and Misoprostol (the abortion pill). Mifepristone is a drug that blocks progesterone, a hormone that is needed to keep the pregnancy going. It causes the pregnancy to detach from the uterus and be expelled. Mifepristone also causes the misoprostol to be more effective.. Misoprostol is a medication that when used after Mifepristone causes the cervix to soften and open up. The uterus then contracts (cramps) to push the pregnancy out.. Mifepristone is given as one pill that is taken by mouth at the clinic visit. The Misoprostol tablets are then taken 1-2 days later and are held in the pouch between your cheek and lower teeth for 30 minutes, and then the remainder is swallowed. This will be done at home. In 90% of cases the uterus will be emptied within 24 hours. Pain ...
Abortion in Bangladesh - Wikipedia
Abortion in Bangladesh is illegal under most situations, but menstrual regulation is often used as a substitute. Bangladesh is still governed by the penal code from 1860, where induced abortion is illegal unless the woman in danger. Historically, abortion has been prevalent, especially during the years following the Bangladesh Liberation War. For example, in 1972, the law allowed for abortion for those women who has been raped during the war. In 1976, the Bangladesh National Population Policy unsuccessfully attempted to legalize abortion in the first trimester. Since 1979, menstrual regulation has been the favored alternative to induced abortion, and it is legally permitted because pregnancy cannot be established. In 2012, the Drug Administration for Bangladesh legalised the combination of mifepristone and misoprotol for medical abortion. Part of the family planning program in Bangladesh since 1979, menstrual regulation is a procedure that uses manual vacuum aspiration to make it impossible to ...
Abortion Methods - Women on Waves
Medication abortion occurs when pharmacological agents are administered vaginally or orally to bring about expulsion of uterine contents.. If you live in a country where there is no access to safe and legal abortion. Please go to www.womenonweb.org. Women on Web is an on-line medical abortion referral service that provides help for women living where access is restricted. For a donation of 90 euro you will receive a medical abortion (with Mifepriston and Misoprostol which is 99% effective to induce an abortion) at your home address with express mail.. In some countries where there is no access to safe and legal abortion, the medicine Misoprostol is easy to get and might be a cheaper option than Women on Web. The use of Misoprostol alone is 80% effective. If you decided to induce an abortion with Misoprostol alone please go to www.womenonwaves.org/set-274-en.html?lang=en and carefully follow the instructions.. ...
Prophylactic antibiotics for medical abortion
Achilles, S. L., & Reeves, M. F. (2011). Society of Family Planning Clinical Guideline 20102: Prevention of infection after induced abortion. Contraception, 83(4), 295-309.. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. (2014). Practice Bulletin No. 143: Medical management of first-trimester abortion. Obstetrics & Gynecology, 123(3), 676-692.. Chen, M. J., & Creinin, M. D. (2015). Mifepristone with buccal misoprostol for medical abortion: A systematic review. Obstetrics & Gynecology, 126(1), 12-21.. Cohen, A. L., Bhatnagar, J., Reagan, S., Zane, S. B., DAngeli, M. A., Fischer, M., … McDonald, L. C. (2007). Toxic shock associated with Clostridium sordellii and Clostridium perfringens after medical and spontaneous abortion. Obstetrics & Gynecology, 110(5), 1027-1033.. Fischer, M., Bhatnagar, J., Guarner, J., Reagan, S., Hacker, J. K., Van Meter, S. H., & Zaki, S. R. (2005). Fatal toxic shock syndrome associated with Clostridium sordellii after medical abortion. New England Journal of ...
Abortion Reporting: Nebraska (2017) | Charlotte Lozier Institute
Abortion Totals and Trends. Abortions increased in Nebraska from the previous year. There were 1,958 abortions performed in the Cornhusker State in 2017, up three percent from 1,907 in 2016. Chemical abortions rose by an even greater percentage, increasing by 14 percent from 956 in 2016 to 1,086 in 2017. Since 1980, total Nebraska abortions have fallen by 68 percent. From 2001, the first full year after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the use of mifepristone as an abortion drug, chemical abortions in Nebraska have increased by almost 800 percent. Chemical abortions made up 55 percent of all abortions performed in Nebraska during 2017. While Nebraska does not report the state abortion rate, CLI estimates that the rate increased from 5.18 abortions per 1,000 Nebraska women of childbearing age in 2016 to 5.32 in 2017.. State Report Summary. Most of the women getting abortions in Nebraska during 2017 were residents (89 percent). There were 207 women from out-of-state, including 158 ...
Abortion in the Czech Republic - Wikipedia
Total number of abortions in 2009 was 40 528  of which 14 629 (i.e. 3.1%) were spontaneous abortions, 24 636 (60,79%) induced abortions (historically the lowest number ever) of which 77% were mini-interruptions (within 8 weeks of pregnancy). 1,300 ectopic pregnancies were aborted. Total abortions per woman is 0.53, induced abortions is 0.34. As of 2010[update], the abortion rate was 10.7 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44 years. Regionally, the highest abortion ratio is in northern and north-western Bohemia due the structure of the population (in 2002 in Tachov District 31.3% of abortions were induced). The lowest ratios are in rural districts of southern Moravia and Bohemian-Moravian Highlands (in 2002 in Žďár nad Sázavou District 15.5% of abortions were induced). Abortion ratios in large industrial cities are generally higher compared to small towns and the countryside. Married women form the largest segment but their ratio is decreasing in favour of unmarried young ...
Safe abortion blog in Venezuela @ Women on Waves
In order to raise awareness about the situation of abortion in Venezuela, and the need for safe abortion access, the abortion hotline has made a blog. The blog also increases awareness of the hotline project, increasing womens access to safe, reliable medical information about how to have a safe abortion using misoprostol. ...
Transitions in abortion care in Ghana: revealing the potential of globalizing provider attitudes | BMC Health Services Research...
Many obstetricians knew the law but pharmacists and midwives were less knowledgeable of the law. The law was perceived as liberal but full of gaps and inconsistencies making its interpretation and application a problem. Obstetricians exposure to international treaties and conventions (including WHO statements, ICPD, ICPD + 5, Beijing Conferences) influenced their attitudes towards provision of safe abortion services while midwives attitudes were largely affected by their religious inclinations and (local) social context. Lack of resources such as trained personnel who are willing to provide abortion services, unavailability of manual vacuum aspiration kits and the lack of support and cooperation of hospital administrations also influenced provider actions and hampered abortion care. Exposure of health personnel to trends in abortion care in other countries through conferences and treaties did appear to influence how they thought and acted concerning abortion care. Values clarification ...
What is a curettage/vacuum aspiration and is it necessary after medical abortion? - Women on Web
However in some countries doctors are accustomed to performing a curettage even though it might not be needed for medical reasons.. You do NOT need a vacuum aspiration if the ultrasound shows that there are still some small remains in the uterus (incomplete abortion) or experience some bleeding after 3 weeks AND you do not have any complaints like pain, fever or heavy bleeding. Small remains in the uterus can be treated with an extra doses of Misoprostol (2 tablets) or you can just wait until your next menstruation. The uterus will most likely empty itself. Regular menstruation comes back 4 to 6 weeks after a medical abortion. After a normal menstruation you should not have any remaining tissue left over in the uterus.. However, in case you do have complaints like fever, persistent pain and heavy bleeding, a surgical intervention called vacuum aspiration is needed. Some doctors still only do a procedure called D&C or sharp curettage. This should not be done!! So ask the doctor what kind of ...
A decade of progress providing safe abortion services in Ethiopia: results of national assessments in 2008 and 2014 | BMC...
Since legal reform in 2005, health system and community interventions spearheaded by the Ethiopia Ministry of Health have made significant progress in increasing the reach, availability, utilization, and quality of safe abortion care throughout the country. The MoH has worked with a range of donors and development partners, including NGOs such as Ipas and EngenderHealth, in order to make high quality CAC services available at all levels of the public health system. Their efforts have included the development and dissemination of evidenced-based national standards and guidelines in 2006  and a revision in 2014 to incorporate recent WHO recommendations ; training of health professionals at all levels of the health system with a particular focus on task-shifting to midlevel providers; integrating SAC and post-abortion contraception into existing reproductive health services; ensuring the sustainable supply of equipment and medications required for SAC; engaging with the private sector to ...
Welcome to CDC stacks | Abortion surveillance--United States, 2010 - 20868 | Stephen B. Thacker CDC Library collection
Results: A total of 765,651 abortions were reported to CDC for 2010. Of these abortions, 753,065 (98.4%) were from the 46 reporting areas that provided data every year during 2001-2010. Among these same 46 reporting areas, the abortion rate for 2010 was 14.6 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44 years, and the abortion ratio was 228 abortions per 1,000 live births. Compared with 2009, the total number and rate of reported abortions for 2010 decreased 3% and reached the lowest levels for the entire period of analysis (2001-2010); the abortion ratio was stable, changing only 0.4%. From 2001 to 2010, the total number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions decreased 9%, 10%, and 8%, respectively. Given the 3% decrease from 2009 to 2010 in the total number and rate of reported abortions, in combination with the 5% decrease that had occurred in the previous year from 2008 to 2009, the overall decrease for both measures was greater during 2006-2010 than during 2001-2005, despite the annual variations ...
November 2018 - The Abortion Pill | Mifepristone And Misoprostol | How It Works
The food and drug administration has approved long the use of Mifepristone and Misoprostol for medical abortion for a while now. What remains a debate is whether the accessibility is still on the books, as per the knowledge. Fact is there are several underlying facts that need to be seen in terms of awareness. This can very well be documented if the awareness is further explored with medical abortion being accessed by women through mobile. Consequently, buying abortion pills using mobile is just the same as purchasing online abortion pills. The only criteria served here is the online pharmacy sites who have just kept themselves to the desktop version would be less accessible.. Subsequently, the idea of buying abortion pills on the small screen can be a distinct version, still is reliable. Conversely, several countries are still on the verge of getting a permission for medical abortion and have stringent laws against them who breaks it. The US, along with many parts of Europe, UK, parts of ...
Democrats react to Texas pro-life law: Promise measures to allow women to have abortions - The BL
President Joe Biden and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi reacted to the Supreme Courts ruling that narrowly (5-4) kept alive Texas heartbeat law banning abortions after 6 weeks. Both leaders promised to take steps to ensure that women have access to abortion.. This Wednesday night, September 1, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the state of Texas which was sued by abortion clinics over its heartbeat law that basically bans abortions starting at six weeks, when a heartbeat can be detected.. According to The Hill, Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that the House of Representatives will vote on a bill to guarantee access to abortion upon her return to Washington on Sept. 20.. The Speaker said they will vote on a bill by Rep. Judy Chu (D-Calif.) to legally protect a person who wants an abortion and to make abortion clinics provide abortion services.. Upon our return, the House will bring up Congresswoman Judy Chus Womens Health Protection Act to enshrine into law reproductive health care for all women ...
Encyclopedia of Abortion in the United States, 2d ed. - McFarland
This now revised and updated encyclopedia comprehensively covers abortion from the founding of the nation through 2007. Since the publication of the first edition, the Supreme Court has issued a number of important opinions on abortion, such as the approval of a federal ban on partial-birth abortion in Gonzales v. Carhart. Along with new entries on these events and other topics, the second edition is also enhanced by more than 40 photographs and more than 300 charts and graphs. The roles of the Supreme Court and other judicial and legislative bodies are covered in great detail. Entries focus on the voting position taken by every Supreme Court justice who has ever participated in an abortion decision; provide the actual abortion laws of each state; and summarize individual statutes to help nonspecialist readers understand the laws. Many entries focus on the social, religious, or moral arguments surrounding abortion and identify and describe the leading pro-life and pro-choice abortion ...
Why do Christians disagree about abortion? - GCSE Religious Studies (Philosophy & Ethics) - Marked by Teachers.com
Introduction. Abortion essay - Year Ten (a) (1) What is meant by the word abortion? (2 marks) (2) What Christian teachings might be used in a discussion about abortion? (6 marks) (b) Why do Christians disagree about abortion? (7 marks) (c) Abortion is always wrong Do you agree? Give reasons to support your answer and show that you have thought about different points of view. You must refer to Christianity in your answer (5 marks) (A1) Abortion is the termination of the life of a foetus, and there are two types of this - natural and artificial abortion. Natural abortion, is a miscarriage i.e. when nature decides and artificial abortion is procured - a conscious decision to terminate the foetus. (2b) The Christian teachings that might be used in a discussion about abortion would be those with views on life, death and murder. ...read more. Middle. 1 Corinthians 6:19 would agree with the above. This passage tells us of how our bodies contain the Holy Spirit and belong to God, so it would be a crime ...
Dr. Alveda Kings Blog Articles on Pro Life & Anti Abortion - Abortion Laws & News
347-286-7277. ALBUQUERQUE - Abortion Free New Mexico and Priests for Life have released a new video taken from an undercover phone call placed to Southwestern Womens Options late-term abortion facility that clearly explains how some second and third trimester abortions are performed in New Mexico.. A healthy woman posing as 25 weeks pregnant is given an overview by an abortion worker detailing how the 3-4 day labor and delivery procedure will take place. Late-term abortion is a grueling process that begins every Tuesday with the killing of a baby by a lethal injection of the medication digoxin and culminates at the end of the week when labor is induced and the mother delivers a stillborn child. Pre-born babies can survive outside the womb at 25 weeks, and sometimes earlier in pregnancy.. In a recent rare interview, Curtis Boyd, owner of Southwestern Womens Options claims that he provides abortions to women who are dying if they do not get the abortion, women who have severe congenital ...
Socioeconomic position and the risk of spontaneous abortion: a study within the Danish National Birth Cohort | BMJ Open
This study, based on data from all 89 829 women in the DNBC, displayed a social pattern in the risk of spontaneous abortion. Educational level and income were inversely associated with the risk of spontaneous abortion.. Apart from maternal age, no lifestyle risk factors for spontaneous abortion are well established and few studies have examined the association between socioeconomic position and risk of spontaneous abortion. A few previous studies have reported an association between socioeconomic position and spontaneous abortion7-10 when socioeconomic position was measured by educational level and labour market attachment, and others found no such association.11-14 There are several possible explanations for this. Some studies are small with a diminished possibility of detecting a smaller association. Furthermore, two of these studies adjust for earlier spontaneous abortion in their analyses.11 ,12 Previous spontaneous abortion is associated with a 60% higher risk of spontaneous abortion,22 ...
Abortion Complications - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf
Roughly a million abortions are performed each year in the United States alone (CDC 2015). This number may be underestimated since the reporting of the abortions is not mandatory in the USA. Although deemed safe, therapeutic abortions, as well as spontaneous miscarriages, can lead to a variety of complications. Most complications are considered minor such as pain, bleeding, infection, and post-anesthesia complications, while others are major, namely uterine atony and subsequent hemorrhage, uterine perforation, injuries to adjacent organs (bladder or bowels), cervical laceration, failed abortion, septic abortion, and disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC)
abortion clinics in johannesburg cbd - ABORTION CLINICS JOHANNESBURG CBD
Cytotec/Misoprostol for sale around south africa Pretoria johannesburg Durban Cape Town Sandton Pietermaritzburg secunda mahikeng rustenburg Soweto tembisa Bloemfontein witbank east londton port elizabeth Newcastle springs call or whatsapp 0637926556 safe abortion pills around pretoria Soshanguve hammanskraal mabopane ga rankuwa atteridgeville olievenhoutbosch mamelodi pretoria east pretoria west abortion clinic near me ,abortion pills prices
Abortion-related emergency department visits in the United States: An analysis of a national emergency department sample | BMC...
Media depictions and laws passed in state legislatures regulating abortion suggest abortion-related medical emergencies are common. An accurate understanding of abortion-related emergencies is important for informing policy and practice. We assessed the incidence of abortion-related emergency department (ED) visits in the United States (U.S.). We used a retrospective observational study design using 2009-2013 data from the Nationwide Emergency Department Sample, a nationally representative sample of U.S. ED visits from 947 to 964 hospitals across the U.S. per year. All ED visits among women of reproductive age (15-49) were included. We categorized ED visits by abortion relatedness and treatments received, and assessed whether the visit was for a major incident (defined as requiring blood transfusion, surgery, or overnight inpatient stay). We estimated the proportion of visits that were abortion-related and described the characteristics of patients making these visits, the diagnoses and subsequent
Medication Abortion - Womens Community ClinicWomens Community Clinic
At your first full visit, which will last about two hours, your provider will perform an ultrasound exam to ensure that you are no more than 10 weeks pregnant, and will review the medication abortion process with you. While at the Clinic, you will swallow a tablet of Mifeprex. Your provider will then send you home with 4 tablets of Misoprostol and instructions for the next step.. Between 24 and 48 hours after you took Mifeprex at the Clinic, youll take four pills of Misoprostol at home, and you should expect to have cramping and bleeding. For most women, the abortion will be complete within 24 hours after taking Misoprostol. Between 6 and 16 days after your first appointment, youll come back to the Clinic one more time, so your provider can make sure the abortion is complete.. For more information about medication abortion, please take a look at our FAQ.. Have you taken a positive pregnancy test at home, and are you unsure about what next steps to take, or whether medication abortion is the ...
National Review Online | Print
The number of abortion facilities in the United States has been declining, and many midwestern and southern states have few abortion clinics left. In response, supporters of legal abortion have advanced some medically risky proposals to expand abortion access. For instance, in 2013, the California state legislature passed a bill allowing nurses and midwives, in addition to doctors, to perform abortions. In 2008, Planned Parenthood in Iowa began offering telemed abortions - chemical abortions administered to patients who ingest abortion-inducing medication without a physician physically present. In 2016, abortion facilities in Maine also started offering telemed abortions.. Many people are concerned about the safety of this type of abortion procedure. In fact, 19 states have passed legislation banning the practice, putting supporters of legal abortion on the defensive. Last week, the journal Obstetrics & Gynecology published a study, which purports to show that telemed abortions taking place in ...
NYTimes inside private GOP session on abortion strategy?
Study participants were asked if abortion should be generally available, allowed, but more limited, illegal, with few exceptions or never permitted. As expected, Republicans were more conservative than Democrats.. Nevertheless, 10 percent of liberal Democrats chose the most anti-abortion option and 13 percent said abortion should be illegal, except in cases of rape, incest or to save a mothers life. Then, 14 percent said abortion rights should be restricted with new laws, which … might include a partial-birth abortion ban, parental-notification laws, mandatory waiting periods and even a ban on late-term abortions. …. Meanwhile, 12 percent of moderate and conservative Democrats backed a complete abortion ban, while another 39 percent said abortion should be illegal, with few exceptions. … Another 20 percent backed legalized abortion, with more restrictions. Once again, church attendance seemed to influence these views.. In all, 37 percent of liberals and 71 percent of ...
Louisiana Right to Life Federation | Louisiana Abortion Statistics
While 8.973 abortions is 8,973 too many, Louisiana Right to Life was thankful to see the number of abortions in Louisiana decrease by 4% from 2015 to 2016, according to preliminary figures provided to Louisiana Right to Life recently by the Department of Health.. There were 8,972 abortions performed in Louisiana in 2016, down from 9,362 abortions reported in 2015 and 10,211 abortions reported in 2014. The number of abortions performed in the state had increased steadily from 2008-2014 as population numbers returned to pre-Katrina levels.. Even with numbers going down, on average, 25 abortions per day were performed in Louisiana, and Louisiana Right to Life will continue working hard to reduce these numbers until every baby is saved!. The number of abortions performed in Louisiana on women from another state, as well as parish by parish figures, have not been released yet by the state. NOTE: Abortion Statistics in Louisiana come from the Louisiana Department of Health. These numbers do not take ...
911 Recording - Hemorrhaging Kansas Abortion Patient Needed Ambulance Fast
Burkhart has no medical background. She once worked for George Tillers now defunct political action committee as a lobbyist. Later, her own Trust Women PAC was disbanded after Operation Rescue uncovered improper disbursements to South Wind to help finance the abortion clinics opening and other financial improprieties that earned the PAC multiple fines from the Federal Election Commission.. The abortionist believed to have been on duty at the time was Cheryl Chastine, who had little or no surgical abortion experience before going to work for Burkhart in 2013.. Accessing abortion-related 911 records in Wichita has been problematic since Operation Rescue made public a 911 recording placed on January 13, 2005, from what was then Tillers Womens Health Care Services abortion clinic. The patient who was the subject of that call was 19-year old Christin Gilbert, who died from a botched third-trimester abortion procedure.. In the 2005 recording, one of Tillers receptionists can be heard telling the ...
Induced abortions. Main article: Abortion. Abortion, the voluntary termination of pregnancy, is one of the primary ... Unintended pregnancies are the main reason for induced abortions, resulting in about 42 million induced abortions; not ... Abortions have been induced to prevent unwanted births since antiquity, abortion methods are described in some of the ... as well as decrease in hospital admissions for incomplete or septic abortions, conditions more common than induced abortion. ...
The desirability of laws against induced abortion.. *Sexual abstinence outside marriage and abstinence-only sex education. ...
Birth control - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Induced abortion[change , change source]. Induced abortion (sometimes called just abortion) is when a doctor gives a pregnant ... Abortion is not a good birth control method. If a woman does not want to get pregnant, other methods are more safe and ... Some people do not call abortion a kind of contraception. This is because contraception means preventing pregnancy, but ... inexpensive (cost less money). So many doctors who do abortions for women help women find a better way to not get pregnant the ...
"Methotrexate Compared With Mercaptopurine for Early Induced Abortion". Obstetrics & Gynecology. 93 (6): 904-9. doi:10.1016/ ... and was given a suction abortion. A more recent, larger study, however, performed by the Cancers et Surrisque Associe aux ... There were also anecdotal reports linking mercaptopurine with spontaneous abortion, leading to the US FDA rating both AZA and ... "Impact of NUDT15 polymorphisms on thiopurines-induced myelotoxicity and thiopurines tolerance dose". Oncotarget. 8 (8): 13575- ...
When injected into the body or amniotic sac, PGF2α can either induce labor or cause an abortion depending on the concentration ... However, during the first trimester and in higher concentrations (40 mg/day), PGF2α can cause an abortion by degrading the ... is a naturally occurring prostaglandin used in medicine to induce labor and as an abortifacient. ...
... a compound that can induce abortions, and it was widely used by women who could not otherwise obtain legal abortions in the ... By the 1960s, published medical literature had acknowledged the common use of Lysol and other soaps to induce abortions, which ... Presley, J. A.; Brown, W. E. (September 1956). "Lysol-Induced Criminal Abortion". Obstetrics & Gynecology. 8 (3): 368-370. ... Bartlett, Robert H.; Yahia, Clement (2 October 1969). "Management of Septic Chemical Abortion with Renal Failure: Report of ...
Potassium chloride (medical use)
KCl is also sometimes used in fetal intracardiac injections in second- and third-trimester induced abortions. Jack Kevorkian's ... Stubblefield, Phillip G.; Carr-Ellis, Sacheen; Borgatta, Lynn (2004). "Methods for Induced Abortion". Obstetrics & Gynecology. ... after a sodium thiopental-induced coma was achieved. Cardiac arrest induced by potassium has been used in political ... Types of Abortion Procedures Archived 2009-04-18 at the Wayback Machine. Americanpregnancy.org (2011-09-20). Retrieved on 2012- ...
Gugur kandungan bahasa Indonesia, ensiklopedia bebas
Induced abortion atau procured abortion: pengguguran kandungan yang disengaja. Termasuk di dalamnya adalah: *Therapeutic ... "1. Induced termination of a pregnancy with destruction of the fetus or embryo; therapeutic abortion. 2. Spontaneous abortion." ... deliberately induced by the use of drugs or by surgical procedures. Also called termination or induced abortion. 2. medicine ... more fully spontaneous abortion) or of a deliberate act (more fully induced abortion); the early or premature termination of ...
Dilation and curettage
"Induced Abortion in the United States". guttmacher.org. Guttmacher Institute. September 2019. Retrieved 11 October 2019. ... as in a surgical abortion. Medical management of miscarriage and medical abortion using drugs such as misoprostol and ... The World Health Organization recommends D&C with a sharp curette as a method of surgical abortion only when manual vacuum ... This tissue is examined for completeness (in the case of abortion or miscarriage treatment) or by pathology for abnormalities ( ...
Before the 1980s, health professionals used the phrase spontaneous abortion for a miscarriage and induced abortion for a ... Self-induced abortion performed by a woman or non-medical personnel can be dangerous and is still a cause of maternal mortality ... An induced abortion may be performed by a qualified healthcare provider for women who cannot continue the pregnancy. ... In places where induced abortion is illegal or carries social stigma, suspicion may surround miscarriage, complicating an ...
Pregnancy - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Such an abortion is called induced abortion. Countries have different laws about induced abortions. Some countries allow it, ... Abortion[change , change source]. Main article: Abortion. A pregnancy can also stop without the baby being born. This is called ... A miscarriage (spontaneous abortion) is when the baby dies before it is born. A stillbirth is when the baby is dead when it is ... People also have different opinions about abortion. Often, these are influenced by religious beliefs. ...
Childbirth in Japan
A 2005 study by Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine reported that there were 341,588 induced abortions in 2001. In ... page needed] Baba, Sachiko; Tsujita, Satoshi; Morimoto, Kanehisa (January 2005). "The analysis of trends in induced abortion in ... Having an abortion due to fetal abnormalities is very rare. Some theorize that the reason for this is because the role of ... Abortion has been legal in Japan since 1948. A 1982 survey by the Kyodo News Service reported than 75% of women in their ...
Childbirth in Mexico
"Unintended Pregnancy and Induced Abortion In Mexico". Guttmacher Institute. 1 November 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2020. Bortin, ... The majority of the unintended pregnancies end up in an abortion. Furthermore, there is little information on the sex education ...
937-9. Sage-Femme Collective (2008). Natural Liberty: Rediscovering Self-Induced Abortion Methods. Sage-Femme Collective. ISBN ... Hippocrates wrote about parsley as an herb to cause an abortion. Plants containing apiole were used by women in the Middle Ages ... Now that safer methods of abortion are available, apiol is almost forgotten. According to a book called PIHKAL, Apiole had been ... Cases of death due to attempted abortion using apiole have been reported. ...
National Board of Health and Welfare, Sweden (12 May 2010). "Induced Abortions 2010" (PDF). National Board of Health and ... Medical abortions accounted for 31% of all non-hospital abortions, compared with 24% in 2011. Half or more of all abortions (50 ... the cost of medical abortion with mifepristone was higher than surgical abortion and the percentage of medical abortions varied ... A Guttmacher Institute survey of abortion providers estimated that medical abortions accounted for 17% of all abortions and ...
During the marriage, Callard had an abortion. In 1988, the couple separated amicably. Callard fell pregnant in 1989 to Steve ... He had an alcohol-induced violent side." In 1980, Callard married David Sowden, an economics teacher. ...
Health in Guatemala
Singh, Susheela; Prada, Elena; Kestler, Edgar (2006). "Induced Abortion and Unintended Pregnancy in Guatemala". Guttmacher ... There is very little knowledge about health care services related to pregnancy and abortions. Abortions are illegal in ... Parasites are usually transferred through contaminated water, making them dangerous because they are able to induce ... induce vomiting, cause anemia and anorexia, and in severe cases, cause death. Symptoms can also include intense abdominal pain ...
Abortion is the induced termination of pregnancy. Abortion laws vary significantly by country. The availability of ... Being the victim of a forced abortion compelled by the employer was ruled a ground of obtaining political asylum in the US. For ... "US asylum rule on forced abortion". News.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 14 November 2017. "Yemen's Dark Side: Discrimination and violence ... "Doctors' Refusal to Perform Abortions Divides Croatia". Balkan Insight. 2017-02-14. Retrieved 14 November 2017. "Family ...
937-9. Sage-Femme Collective (2008). Natural Liberty: Rediscovering Self-Induced Abortion Methods. Sage-Femme Collective. ISBN ... Cases of death due to attempted abortion using apiol have been reported. Hippocrates wrote about parsley as a herb to cause an ... Now that safer methods of abortion are available, apiol is almost forgotten. Shulgin AT, Dr. (Apr 23, 1966). " ... abortion. Plants containing apiole were used by women in the Middle Ages to terminate pregnancies. Its use was ...
Stehn, R. A.; Jannett, F. J. (1981). "Male-Induced Abortion in Various Microtine Rodents". Journal of Mammalogy. 62 (2): 369- ... Decatanzaro, Denys; Khan, Ayesha; Berger, Robert G.; Lewis, Elaine (2009). "Exposure to developing females induces polyuria, ... Fraser-Smith, A. (1975). "Male-induced pregnancy termination in the prairie vole, Microtus ochrogaster". Science. 187 (4182): ...
Marquis de Sade
A D Farr (1980). "The Marquis de Sade and induced abortion". Journal of Medical Ethics. 6 (1): 7-10. doi:10.1136/jme.6.1.7. PMC ... In Philosophy in the Bedroom Sade proposed the use of induced abortion for social reasons and population control, marking the ... It has been suggested that Sade's writing influenced the subsequent medical and social acceptance of abortion in Western ...
February 1970). "Estimates of induced abortion in urban North Carolina". Demography. 7 (1): 19-29. doi:10.2307/2060019. JSTOR ... Before abortions were legal, social scientists used the method to ask women whether they had had abortions. The concept is ...
Geoffrey Davis (doctor)
Davis also did research on prior induced abortion. Davis is best known for his work in performing late-term abortions following ... Davis, Geoffrey; Antonia Church (1979). "Prior induced abortion experience among clinic patients in Australia". Journal of ... Age, The (16 June 1975). "Women only at abortion meeting". The Age. Museum, Powerhouse. "Abortion kit, comprising a set of ... Though Davis was originally an anaesthetist, he is known for his work with late term abortions. Davis had worked with ...
... may be used as a method of induced abortion, as a therapeutic procedure after miscarriage, to aid in ... The procedure is performed to induce abortion, as a treatment for incomplete miscarriage or retained pregnancy tissue, or to ... Kerslake D, Casey D (July 1967). "Abortion induced by means of the uterine aspirator". Obstet Gynecol. 30 (1): 35-45. PMID ... When used as a miscarriage treatment or an abortion method, vacuum aspiration may be used alone or with cervical dilation ...
The Indications for Induced Abortion: A Physician's Perspective. In Abortion and Social Justice, Thomas Hilgers and Dennis ... In 1972, he authored a book chapter, "The Indications for Induced Abortion: A Physician's Perspective", which argued in part ... Wolf, Don (2 April 1988). Freind deserted in abortion stand, Pittsburgh Press Fred E. Mecklenburg, M.D., A.B.O.G., F.A.C.O.G. ... Mecklenburg and his wife became involved in the opposition to legal abortion in 1967. Mecklenburg served as president of the ...
She had attempted yet another self-induced abortion. Sanger would sometimes end the story by saying, "I threw my nursing bag in ... ISBN 9781573920124.; Taussig, Frederick J. (1936). Abortion, Spontaneous and Induced: Medical and Social Aspects. C. V. Mosby. ... She also wanted to prevent so-called back-alley abortions, which were common at the time because abortions were illegal in the ... While Margaret Sanger condemned abortion as a method of family limitation, she was not opposed to abortion intended to save a ...
Pregnancy from rape
Mecklenburg, Fred E. (1972). The Indications for Induced Abortion: A Physician's Perspective. In Abortion and Social Justice, ... In recent decades, some anti-abortion organizations and politicians (such as Todd Akin) who oppose legal abortion in cases of ... back-alley abortion. Some women do not wish to get abortions for religious or cultural reasons. In a third of cases, rape- ... or to have an abortion. In some countries where abortion is illegal after rape and incest, over 90% of pregnancies in girls age ...
Laura Troubridge (diarist)
Collins induced Uzielli's abortion and fatal peritonitis followed. Collins was put on trial for Uzielli's murder, but the jury ... Parry, L.A. (1932). Criminal Abortion. John Bale, Sons & Danilsson. p. 200. "Master Adrian and Miss Laura Hope". The Library of ...
Risk factors for breast cancer
"WHO , Induced abortion does not increase breast cancer risk". who.int. Archived from the original on 2007-12-14. Retrieved 2007 ... High calcium intake decreases fat-induced epithelial hypoproliferation of mammary gland and chemically induced carcinogenesis. ... DMBA induces mammary tumors and allows chemicals that predispose for mammary cancer to increase the number of mammary ... BPA was able to induce transformation of human breast MCF-10F epithelial cells. After treatment with BPA, the cells produced ...
Giorgetti R, di Muzio M, Giorgetti A, Girolami D, Borgia L, Tagliabracci A (March 2017). "Flutamide-induced hepatotoxicity: ... with most pregnancies ending in abortion or miscarriage. Approximately 160 babies were born with birth defects due to maternal ... lasers that do not vaporize the top layer of the skin but rather induce a physiologic response in the skin from the light) have ... "Isotretinoin, pregnancies, abortions and birth defects: a population-based perspective". British Journal of Clinical ...
Abortion - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kinds of induced abortions[change , change source]. There are two different kinds of induced abortions. The type of abortion ... In places where induced abortions are legal less than 1% of induced abortions have a bad complication. If doctors do induced ... One type of induced abortion is called a "medical abortion" or a "medication abortion". In this type of abortion, a doctor ... In countries where induced abortion is not legal many more women die from abortion. Women still get induced abortions, but they ...
... a hormone that is considered goiter-inducing. Levothyroxine is also used as interventional therapy in people with ... such as spontaneous abortion, preeclampsia, and premature birth. ...
Abortion decreases the risk of death to the mother. Some survivors experience lasting effects of the disease, and can ... When Lassa fever infects pregnant women late in their third trimester, inducing delivery is necessary for the mother to have a ...
"China one-child policy leads to forced abortions, mothers' deaths". Los Angeles Times. June 15, 2012. Retrieved August 29, 2012 ... "Accelerated modern human-induced species losses: Entering the sixth mass extinction". Science Advances. 1 (5): e1400253. ... The use of abortion in some population control strategies has caused controversy, with religious organizations such as the ... Some population control programs, such as China's one-child policy, entail the use of forced late-term abortions, sparking ...
... women are at a significantly higher risk of radiation-induced cancers, such and that women's sensitivity to radiation-induced ... "Hypothyroidism And Spontaneous Abortions Among Hanford, Washington, Downwinders." Archives Of Environmental Health 51.3 (1996 ... Radiation-Induced Genomic Instability and Bystander Effects Clastogenic Factors and Transgenerational Effects". Radiation ... Further evidence of sex-based disparities in radiation-induced cancers was published in the 2006 report by the National ...
Conservatism in the United States
They oppose abortion, same-sex marriage, civil unions, and anti-discrimination laws against homosexuals. The libertarian ... For all disciplines it induces a radical skepticism, relativism, and subjectivism that denies not this or that truth about any ... Typical positions include the view that the United States was founded as a Christian nation, that abortion is wrong, that there ... In the United States, this translates into hard-line stances on moral issues, such as opposition to abortion and homosexuality ...
... at or beyond the 10th week of gestation and/or 3 or more unexplained consecutive spontaneous abortions before the 10th week of ... due to an aPL-induced inhibition of trophoblast differentiation. The antiphospholipid syndrome responsible for most of the ... "Thrombosis, abortion, cerebral disease, and the lupus anticoagulant". Br. Med. J. (Clin. Res. Ed.). 287 (6399): 1088-9. doi ...
Inhibition of hippocampal neurogenesis may also play a role in the development of isotretinoin-induced depression. A ... and that between 5,000 and 7,000 women had had abortions due to isotretinoin. The memo was leaked to the New York Times a ... Scheinfeld N, Bangalore S (May 2006). "Facial edema induced by isotretinoin use: a case and a review of the side effects of ... Nelson AM, Gilliland KL, Cong Z, Thiboutot DM (October 2006). "13-cis Retinoic acid induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in ...
Abortion in the United States
Main article: Abortion. The abortion debate most commonly relates to the "induced abortion" of an embryo or fetus at some point ... "Public Funding for Abortion" (map)" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-08-08.. *^ "Using Abortion Pills for Safe Abortion in the USA. Self- ... "Induced Abortion Facts in Brief" (2002) (13,000 out of 1.31 million abortions in 2000 were on account of rape or incest). ... Abortion is legal in all U.S. states, and every state has at least one abortion clinic. Abortion is a controversial ...
Dignity Health St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
... after months of discussion had failed to induce the hospital management to refuse to perform similar abortions in the future. ... Mercy nun at hospital that allowed abortion 'no longer excommunicated' Catholic News Service. Retrieved 2012-03-23. "Sister ... An ethics board approved an abortion to save the life of the mother, even though the hospital was Catholic and within the ... "Nun Excommunicated for Allowing Abortion". National Public Radio.. *^ Goodstein, Laurie. "Arizona: Hospital Loses Catholic ...
Smoking and pregnancy
There is limited evidence that smoking reduces the incidence of pregnancy-induced hypertension, but not when the pregnancy is ... "Cocaine and Tobacco Use and the Risk of Spontaneous Abortion". New England Journal of Medicine. 340 (5): 333-9. doi:10.1056/ ... Zhang, Jun; Zeisler, Jonathan; Hatch, Maureen C.; Berkowitz, Gertrud (1997). "Epidemiology of Pregnancy-induced Hypertension". ... and will induce labour before the baby is fully developed. Although this complication has a good prognosis (in Western ...
Winther B, Gwaltney JM, Mygind N, Hendley JO (1998). "Viral-induced rhinitis". American Journal of Rhinology. 12 (1): 17-20. ... In some cases the infection can cause abortion. Although mortality is usually low, the virus can produce weight loss and poor ... "Genomic analysis of increased host immune and cell death responses induced by 1918 influenza virus". Nature. 443 (7111): 578- ...
ಗರ್ಭಪಾತ - ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯ
Francis O (1959). "An analysis of 1150 cases of abortions from the Government R.S.R.M. Lying-in Hospital, Madras". J Obstet ... "Male-induced pregnancy termination in the prairie vole, Microtus ochrogaster". Science. American Association for the ... Yip S, Sahota D, Cheung L, Lam P, Haines C, Chung T (2003). "Accuracy of clinical diagnostic methods of threatened abortion". ... Khattab S, Mohsen IA, Foutouh IA, Ramadan A, Moaz M, Al-Inany H (2006). "Metformin reduces abortion in pregnant women with ...
"Locust Abortion Technician review". AllMusic. Retrieved February 10, 2007.. *. Morthland, John; Patoski, Joe Nick (1996). " ... She further began to suffer from strobe light-induced seizures. In 1991, Nervosa (who has gone by Teresa Taylor since her ... Around the time of Locust Abortion Technician's debut, the group bought a home in Driftwood, Texas, approximately 30 miles (48 ... Locust Abortion Technician is one of the heaviest Butthole Surfers albums, and it is often considered their finest to date. ...
Canser y fron - Wicipedia
"In contrast, abortion is associated with increased risk of carcinomas of the breast. The explanation for these epidemiologic ... findings is not known, but the parallelism between the DMBA-induced rat mammary carcinoma model and the human situation is ... Abortion would interrupt this process, leaving in the gland undifferentiated structures like those observed in the rat mammary ... "Breast cancer and abortion: collaborative reanalysis of data from 53 epidemiological studies, including 83?000 women with ...
Abortion and contraceptionEdit. See also: Bioethics and Consistent life ethic. The Christian right opposes abortion, believing ... and induced pluripotent stem cells which do not use cells from human embryos, as they view the harvesting of biological ... While the platform also opposed abortion and leaned towards restricting taxpayer funding for abortions and passing a ... and have also supported incremental steps to make abortion less available. Such efforts include bans on late-term abortion ( ...
a b Windebank AJ & Grisold W. Chemotherapy-induced neuropathy. Journal of the Peripheral Nervous System. 2008 Mar;13(1):27-46. ... Chemotherapy is teratogenic during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester, to the extent that abortion usually is ... Trüeb RM (Mar 2009). "Chemotherapy-induced alopecia". Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery. 28 (1): 11-4. PMID 19341937. ... Savage L. Chemotherapy-induced pain puzzles scientists. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2007;99(14):1070-1071. doi: ...
Appendix table 6. Drug-induced abortions in Nordic countries 1993-2015, % *^ . (September 20, 2016). "Relatório dos Registos ... early medical abortions of all nonhospital abortions = 30% early medical abortions of all abortions; 97% of nonhospital medical ... A medical abortion, also known as medication abortion, occurs when pills are used to bring about an abortion. The recommended ... Medical abortions accounted for 22.2% of abortions-and 32.8% of abortions at ≤8 weeks' gestation-in the United States in 2013 ...
Such myths included ideas such as cocaine induced Black men to rape White women, cocaine improved Black marksmanship, and ...
"Like Welsh (sic)(1984, 1989), The Center induces rage by physically restraining the child and forcing eye contact with the ... If the mother is distressed by the pregnancy, especially if she considers abortion, the child responds with distress and anger ... In addition, proponents believed that holding induced age regression, enabling a child to make up for physical affection missed ...
Ionizing radiation may be used to treat other cancers, but this may, in some cases, induce a second form of cancer. It is ... Elective abortions are not required and, for the most common forms and stages of cancer, do not improve the mother's survival. ... Laser-induced interstitial thermotherapy (LITT), or interstitial laser photocoagulation, uses lasers to treat some cancers ... Main article: Radiation-induced cancer. Up to 10% of invasive cancers are related to radiation exposure, including both ...
... was used during the 1950s and 1960s to induce therapeutic abortions. In some cases the abortion didn´t happen, but the newborns ... Vitamine A and similar substances can induce spontaneous abortions, premature births, defects of eyes (microphthalmia), ears, ... It was developed near the end of the 1950s by Chemie Grünenthal as a sleep inducing aid and antiemetic. Because of its ability ... The most typical disorder induced by thalidomide were reductional deformities of the long bones of the extremities. Phocomelia ...
Ակնե - Վիքիպեդիա՝ ազատ հանրագիտարան
Flutamide-induced hepatotoxicity: ethical and scientific issues»։ Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 21 (1 Suppl): 69-77։ March 2017։ ... Bérard A, Azoulay L, Koren G, Blais L, Perreault S, Oraichi D (February 2007)։ «Isotretinoin, pregnancies, abortions and birth ...
Intersex medical interventions
... to induce breast development, but there is a slowly increasing risk of cancer in adult life. Streak gonads without a Y ...
Childbirth in Nepal
To induce vomiting, someone sticks hair or finger down her throat. Sometimes, water or soup of bitter herbs is given to the ... It is unclear what the abortion rate is in the country, likely because it is considered taboo so women are less likely to ... This can be anything from pulling on the umbilical cord to inducing choking or vomiting in the mother. Once the placenta is ... Mothers aged 20 to 29 years, did not have a history of pregnancy-induced health problems or subjective feelings of stress were ...
Considering early births are one of the leading causes of death of infants under the age of one, induced labor is a very ... spontaneous abortions) or those who die during or immediately after childbirth as stillborn. Therefore, the quality of a ... Stress is a lead factor in inducing labor in pregnant women, and therefore high levels of stress during pregnancy could lead to ... Stress produces particular hormones that induce labor and contribute to other pregnancy problems. ...
A PCR (DNA) test of the mother's amniotic fluid can also be performed, though the risk of spontaneous abortion due to the ... Chaves SS, Gargiullo P, Zhang JX, Civen R, Guris D, Mascola L, Seward JF (2007). "Loss of vaccine-induced immunity to varicella ...
Browsing Publications by Subject "Abortion, Induced"
Induced abortion : guidelines for the provision of care and services World Health Organization (World Health ... Induced abortion : report of a WHO scientific group [meeting held in Geneva from 14 to 18 November 1977] ... WHO Scientific Group on Induced Abortion; World Health Organization (Genève : Organisation mondiale de la Santé, 1978) ... WHO Scientific Group on Induced Abortion; World Health Organization (Ginebra : Organización Mundial de la Salud, 1978) ...
Induced Abortion in Latin America: Impact on Health | SpringerLink
... where abortion was legalized in 1979, the only exception. ... Induced abortion on request is illegal in all Spanish- and ... Viel B. (1986) Induced Abortion in Latin America: Impact on Health. In: Landy U., Ratnam S.S. (eds) Prevention and Treatment of ... Induced abortion on request is illegal in all Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking countries of Latin America, with Cuba, where ... Tietze, C. Induced Abortion: A World Review. Population Council, New York, 1983.Google Scholar ...
Induced Abortion and Breast Cancer Risk - ACOG
This Committee Opinion provides guidelines on recent studies that demonstrate no causal relationship between induced abortion ... Induced Abortion and Breast Cancer Risk. Abstract: The relationship between induced abortion and the subsequent development of ... Induced abortions and the risk of all cancers combined and site-specific cancers in Shanghai. Cancer Causes Control 2006;17: ... Induced and spontaneous abortion and incidence of breast cancer among young women: a prospective cohort study. Arch Intern Med ...
Sex ratios at birth after induced abortion | CMAJ
We defined induced abortions as any surgical or medication-induced termination of pregnancy. If 2 consecutive abortions were ... Second, we may have missed some induced abortions. Data on in-hospital induced abortions can be considered complete owing to ... induced), an increasing number of induced abortions (none [referent], one, 2 or more) and the timing of abortions (none [ ... times higher if preceded by 2 or more induced abortions and 3.88 (95% CI 2.02-7.50) times higher if the induced abortion was ...
Induced Abortion in the United States | Guttmacher Institute
... in 2017 ended in abortion.1 Approximately 862,320 abortions were performed in 2017, down 7% from 926,190 in 2014. The abortion ... rate in 2017 was 13.5 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44, down 8% from 14.6 per 1,000 in 2014.1 This is the lowest rate ever ... observed in the United States; in 1973, the year abortion became ... Induced Abortion in the United States. *Eighteen percent of ... WHO HAS ABORTIONS?. *At 2014 abortion rates, about one in four (24%) women will have an abortion by age 45.4 ...
Sex ratios at birth after induced abortion | CMAJ
Sex ratios at birth after induced abortion. Marcelo L. Urquia, Rahim Moineddin, Prabhat Jha, Patricia J. OCampo, Kwame ... Sex ratios at birth after induced abortion. Marcelo L. Urquia, Rahim Moineddin, Prabhat Jha, Patricia J. OCampo, Kwame ... Sex ratios at birth after induced abortion. Marcelo L. Urquia, Rahim Moineddin, Prabhat Jha, Patricia J. OCampo, Kwame ... spontaneous or induced abortion between the preceding live birth and the index birth compared with women who had no abortion ...
induced abortion | Bioethics Research Library
The law now requires that a physician tell his or her patient that a medically induced abortion can be reversed. When having a ... Abortion pills at home. A woman who feels tempted to make an "abortion" request on this site should know that the side effects ... Paper: The Cursed Lamp: The Problem of Spontaneous Abortion. For many people, the moral status of abortion stands or falls ... The need to have a surgical abortion after failure of the chemical abortion can be considered a side effect, and occurs in ...
Abortion induced incomplete - DrugBank
This project is supported by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (award #111062), Alberta Innovates - Health Solutions, and by The Metabolomics Innovation Centre (TMIC), a nationally-funded research and core facility that supports a wide range of cutting-edge metabolomic studies. TMIC is funded by Genome Alberta, Genome British Columbia, and Genome Canada, a not-for-profit organization that is leading Canadas national genomics strategy with funding from the federal government. Maintenance, support, and commercial licensing is provided by OMx Personal Health Analytics, Inc. Designed by Educe Design & Innovation Inc. ...
Routine follow-up visits after first-trimester induced abortion
Routine follow-up visits after abortion are intended to confirm that the abortion is complete and to diagnose and treat ... Routine follow-up visits after first-trimester induced abortion Obstet Gynecol. 2004 Apr;103(4):738-45. doi: 10.1097/01.AOG. ... Routine follow-up visits after abortion are intended to confirm that the abortion is complete and to diagnose and treat ... Other than mifepristone medical abortion performed at 50 days of gestation or later and methotrexate medical abortion, we found ...
Ipas | Incidence of induced abortion in Malawi
Safe access to medical abortion. Abortion stigma. Comprehensive Abortion Care. Medical abortion (MA). Manual vacuum aspiration ... An estimated 67,300 induced abortions were performed, equivalent to a rate of 23 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44 and an ... METHODS: The Abortion Incidence Complications Methodology was used to estimate levels of induced abortion in Malawi in 2009. ... RESULTS: Approximately 18,700 women in Malawi were treated in health facilities for complications of induced abortion in 2009. ...
Supreme Court upholds Arkansas law restricting medication-induced abortions - CSMonitor.com
The decision has reinforced Republican-supported laws that aim to limit abortion services. ... Planned Parenthood attempted to appeal a decision to restrict medication-induced abortions in Arkansas, but was denied a ... Planned Parenthood, which offers only medication-induced abortions at its two facilities in Arkansas, said the effect of the ... Planned Parenthood attempted to appeal a decision to restrict medication-induced abortions in Arkansas, but was denied a ...
Browsing by Subject "Abortion, Induced"
WHO Scientific Group on Induced Abortion; World Health Organization (Genève : Organisation mondiale de la Santé, 1978) ... WHO Scientific Group on Induced Abortion; World Health Organization (Ginebra : Organización Mundial de la Salud, 1978) ... WHO Scientific Group on Spontaneous and Induced Abortion; World Health Organization (Ginebra : Organización Mundial de la ... WHO Scientific Group on Spontaneous and Induced Abortion; World Health Organization (Genève : Organisation mondiale de la ...
Can Vitamin C Induce Abortion? - Science-Based Medicine
... ask and it is our hope that this piece will give others a credible source to refute the claim that vitamin C induced abortion ... A quick PubMed search reveals four articles relating in at least some way to "vitamin C and abortion" in humans. One is a 2005 ... She further states that if the attempted vitamin C abortion does not work, it is important to go ahead and obtain a clinical ... The author cites a wide range of data on spontaneous abortion rates and concludes that "up to 30%" of all pregnancies end in ...
Abortion Induces Moral Relativism - Crisis Magazine
... abortion supporters play language games that will slide us deeper down the bottomless hole of moral relativism. ... In order to keep abortion legal and justified in all instances , ... Its bad enough to play linguistic games with induced abortion ... The New York Times, doyen of abortion supporters, is a case in point: In drilling into state laws that prohibit abortion upon ... In order to keep abortion legal and justified in all instances whatsoever, abortion supporters will continue to play language ...
Molecules | Free Full-Text | Melatonin Alleviates High Temperature-Induced Pollen Abortion in Solanum lycopersicum
Transmission electron micrograph results showed that high temperature-induced pollen abortion is associated with a premature ... In this study, we report that irrigation treatment with melatonin (20 µM) effectively ameliorated high temperature-induced ... Melatonin Alleviates High Temperature-Induced Pollen Abortion in Solanum lycopersicum. Zhen-Yu Qi 1,2,†. ... Transmission electron micrograph results showed that high temperature-induced pollen abortion is associated with a premature ...
Abortion, Induced | Harvard Catalyst Profiles | Harvard Catalyst
Induced" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Abortion, Induced" was a major or minor topic of these ... "Abortion, Induced" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicines controlled vocabulary thesaurus, MeSH (Medical Subject ... Below are the most recent publications written about "Abortion, Induced" by people in Profiles. ... Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Abortion, Induced". ...
Induced abortions and unintended pregnancies in Pakistan | Population Council
Varying contraceptive-use patterns and abortion rates are found among the provinces, with higher abortion rates in Baluchistan ... After taking into consideration the earlier studys underestimation of abortion incidence, we conclude that the abortion rate ... an annual abortion rate of 50 per 1,000 women. A previous study estimated an abortion rate of 27 per 1,000 women in 2002. ... we estimate that there were 2.2 million abortions in Pakistan in 2012, ...
Ipas | The estimated incidence of induced abortion in Ethiopia, 2008
Indirect estimation techniques were applied to calculate the incidence of induced abortion. Abortion rates, abortion ratios and ... Safe access to medical abortion. Abortion stigma. Comprehensive Abortion Care. Medical abortion (MA). Manual vacuum aspiration ... It is important to measure the incidence of legal and illegal induced abortion after the change in the law. METHODS: A ... Nationally, the annual abortion rate was 23 per 1,000 women aged 15-44, and the abortion ratio was 13 per 100 live births. The ...
Self-Induced Abortions Shouldn't Be A Crime, Mass. Medical Society Says | CommonHealth
... with abortion harder to get in some states and advocates sharing more information, more women may attempt self-induced ... Advocates say many women -- even those with good access to abortion clinics -- choose self-induced abortion over clinic-based ... Self-induced abortion is explicitly banned in seven states, and more have laws on the books that could be used to prosecute ... There are no solid numbers on how many women attempt self-induced abortions in the United States, but 20 women in the U.S. have ...
Finnish Researchers: Induced Abortions Increase Risk of Preterm Birth - The Christian Post
Researchers in Finland have published a new study that indicates that there is a link between the abortion procedure and an ... Finnish Researchers: Induced Abortions Increase Risk of Preterm Birth. Finnish Researchers: Induced Abortions Increase Risk of ... found that pregnant women who had one "induced abortion" (IA) had a 19 percent increased risk of having a "very preterm birth ... "Because the risks address both the Supreme Courts rationale for abortion (that women have come to rely on abortion as a backup ...
Relationship Between Induced Abortion and Child Abuse and Neglect: Four Studies | Birth Psychology
Kumar, R. & Robinson, K. (1978). Previous induced abortion and ante-natal depression in primiparae: a preliminary report of a ... Four studies designed to investigate any association between induced abortion and child abuse found a number of positive ... There is no evidence that the incidence of child abuse has declined with more readily available abortion. We found unwanted ... Ney, P.G. & Wickett, A.R. (1989). Mental health and abortion: review and analysis. Psych Journal U of Ottawa 14: 506-516. ...
Self-induced abortion - Wikipedia
A self-induced abortion (also called a self-managed abortion, or sometimes a self-induced miscarriage) is an abortion performed ... can prevent many of these deaths from unsafe abortion. In the United States, experts report that self-induced abortion can be ... and 15 states with criminal abortion laws that could be applied to women who self-induce an abortion. Both the National Lawyers ... Rediscovering Self-Induced Abortion Methods (2008). Costa, S. H. (1998). "Commercial availability of misoprostol and induced ...
Lies, Stats and Coat Hangers: Self-Induced Abortion - Life IssuesLife Issues
... claims that limiting abortion will force women to turn to self-induced abortion. ... Lies, Stats and Coat Hangers: Self-Induced Abortion. November 18, 2015 by Bradley Mattes ... This entry was posted in 2015, Abortion, Back-Alley Abortion, The Latest by Bradley Mattes. Bookmark the permalink. ... each woman was asked whether she thought her best friend had tried a self-induced abortion.) ...
Supreme Court Dismisses Oklahoma Case on Restricting Abortion-Inducing Drugs - The Christian Post
Supreme Court dismissed a case on Monday regarding the usage of abortion-inducing drug RU-486 in Oklahoma, which means that a ... "abortion pill," which can be used along with other medications to induce abortions up to seven weeks into a pregnancy. Abortion ... Texas Abortion Regs Stand as 5th Circuit Reverses Lower Courts Ruling. * Sen. Lindsey Graham to Introduce 20-Week Abortion Ban ... Supreme Court Dismisses Oklahoma Case on Restricting Abortion-Inducing Drugs. By Stoyan Zaimov, Christian Post Reporter , ...
Abortion lobby bashes Kavanaugh for phrase 'abortion-inducing drugs' in hearing | News | LifeSite
Pro-abortion groups are outraged that Kavanaugh mentioned something about contraception the Obama administration already ... Abortion lobby bashes Kavanaugh for phrase abortion-inducing… Abortion lobby bashes Kavanaugh for phrase abortion-inducing ... Abortion lobby bashes Kavanaugh for phrase abortion-inducing drugs in hearing Calvin Freiburger Follow Calvin ... abortifacients, abortion, abortion-inducing drugs, birth control, brett kavanaugh, contraception, kavanaugh confirmation ...
Supreme Court declines to hear challenge to Arkansas law banning medication-induced abortions
The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected a challenge to a controversial Arkansas abortion law blocking medication-induced ... The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected a challenge to a controversial Arkansas abortion law blocking medication-induced ... Supreme Court declines to hear challenge to Arkansas law banning medication-induced abortions. ... or otherwise provides or proscribes the abortion-inducing drug" shall have to have a contract with a physician who has ...
NEW STUDIES FIND USE OF ULCER DRUGS TO INDUCE ABORTION. - The American Prospect
Home Article NEW STUDIES FIND USE OF ULCER DRUGS TO INDUCE ABORTION. ... the Times reports on two cases of immigrant women being imprisoned by American judges for the crime of inducing abortion with ... have found widespread use of prescription ulcer medication to induce abortion. Side effects include excessive bleeding, shock, ... It still gives women the advantage, if necessary, of passing their abortions off as miscarriages to anti-choice partners, ...
FREE The Rights and Wrongs on Induced Abortion Essay
2. Abortion. One is spontaneous and the other is induced. ... The second form of abortion is induced abortion. ... There are ... 3. Abortion. Women have used several different methods to induce an abortion, whether abortions were legal in their society or ... 7. abortion. Cases of Induced Abortions by Teenagers without Parental Notice or Consent 1. ... She returned to the abortion ... 1. Abortion. Wade decision, the Court held that a womans right to an induced abortion fell within the right to privacy and was ...
Is induced abortion a risk factor in subsequent pregnancy?
For the cohort of 28-30 years, the observed rates of prematurity in women with one and with ,= 2 previous induced abortions ... The control group consisted of primiparous women without previous induced abortions. Maternal age was adjusted for. Results: ... Is induced abortion a risk factor in subsequent pregnancy? In: Journal of Perinatal Medicine, Vol. 37, Nr. 2: S. 144-149 ... and vaginal bleeding before and after 28 weeks of gestation occurred more frequently in women with previous induced abortion ...
Induced abortion, pregnancy loss and intimate partner violence in Tanzania: a population based study
Intimate partner violence is likely to be an important influence on levels of induced abortion and pregnancy loss in Tanzania. ... times more likely to report an induced abortion. Intimate partner violence had a stronger influence on induced abortion and ... Induced abortion, pregnancy loss and intimate partner violence in Tanzania: a population based study BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. ... Conclusions: Intimate partner violence is likely to be an important influence on levels of induced abortion and pregnancy loss ...
PregnancyPregnanciesMiscarriageMisoprostolComplicationsMillion abortionsUnsafe abortionHistory of inducSelf-induce abortionsSecond trimester abortionsReproductiveRisk of preterm birthElective AbortionSurgicalProcedureContraception2018PillGestationMedicallyWomen who have abortionsIncidence of induced abortionCriminalize self-induced1973FetusWomen'sDrugsLegal abortionRestrictions2016Maternal mortalityMedication-induced abortionsClinicsMETHODSMedicalSpontaneous and Induced AbortionPrevious induced abortions1,000 women aged 15-44Drug RU-486Adverse effectsWoman'sPlanned ParenthoodClinicPrevalenceAnti-AbortionTherapeutic abortionRelationship between induced abortion2019Live birthsLegallySubsequentOccurSafe abortion servicesPretermCountries where abortion is illegalFetalLegalizationAdvocatesMiscarriagesResultsLatin AmericaTerminate
- Washington Post ) - An Indiana appeals court has overturned the conviction of Purvi Patel, who was accused of neglect and feticide after she took abortion drugs to end her pregnancy. (georgetown.edu)
- In addition, the natural history of the most severe complications after abortion-infection and unrecognized ectopic pregnancy-have time courses inconsistent with the usual timing of the follow-up visit. (nih.gov)
- Data from these surveys and from the 2010 Malawi Demographic and Health Survey were used to calculate abortion rates and ratios, and rates of pregnancy and unintended pregnancy. (ipas.org)
- Interventions are needed to help women and couples avoid unwanted pregnancy, reduce the need for unsafe abortion and decrease maternal mortality. (ipas.org)
- In addition to its typical employment of scare tactics to induce an emotional response, the Times gave space to a psychotherapist who argued that what is in the womb is relative-it depends on the perception of the mother: "It by no means follows that I believe every pregnancy creates a 'baby' or indeed a legal person that needs protecting by law. (crisismagazine.com)
- O'Donnell J, Goldberg A, Lieberman E, Betancourt T. "I wouldn't even know where to start": unwanted pregnancy and abortion decision-making in Central Appalachia. (harvard.edu)
- Abortion rates, abortion ratios and unintended pregnancy rates were calculated for the nation and for major regions. (ipas.org)
- To reduce rates of unplanned pregnancy and unsafe abortion, increased access to high-quality contraceptive care and safe abortion services is needed. (ipas.org)
- They typically use a combination of the drugs misoprostol and mifepristone, and account for about 45 percent of all clinic- and hospital-based abortions within the first nine weeks of pregnancy. (wbur.org)
- Websites like Women Help Women offer support and send abortion pills by mail to women around the world who wish to end an early pregnancy. (wbur.org)
- There are a number of possible explanations for this, but the one which most closely fits the data is that pregnancy losses, particularly abortion, tend to make a woman more anxious during a subsequent pregnancy, and more depressed after the child is born. (birthpsychology.com)
- Abortion and subsequent pregnancy. (birthpsychology.com)
- Previous induced abortion and ante-natal depression in primiparae: a preliminary report of a survey of mental health in pregnancy. (birthpsychology.com)
- Although the term includes abortions induced outside of a clinical setting with legal, sometimes over-the-counter medication, it also refers to efforts to terminate a pregnancy through alternative, potentially more dangerous methods. (wikipedia.org)
- Self-induced (or self-managed) abortion is often attempted during the beginning of pregnancy (the first eight weeks from the last menstrual period). (wikipedia.org)
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has endorsed two regimens for abortion up to 12 weeks of pregnancy using misoprostol: a standardized regimen of mifepristone and misoprostol and a regimen of misoprostol alone. (wikipedia.org)
- Some women use online abortion pill help services such as Women on Web and Aid Access to order mifepristone and/or misoprostol, with reported effectiveness and safety in pregnancy termination and satisfaction in the service. (wikipedia.org)
- The majority of women who use abortion pills on their own do not need an ultrasound or a clinician, although one may be recommended to ensure that the pregnancy is not ectopic. (wikipedia.org)
- The abortion-drug restriction from 2011 sought to prevent doctors from using the drug mifepristone, also known as the "abortion pill," which can be used along with other medications to induce abortions up to seven weeks into a pregnancy. (christianpost.com)
- Medication abortion - available only early in a pregnancy - involves the combination of two pills called mifepristone and misoprostol. (abcactionnews.com)
- Induced abortion, the deliberate termination of a pregnancy has been one of the biggest issues in America for decades. (exampleessays.com)
- Induced abortion in many cases is necessary because pregnancy can severely impact the health of some women. (exampleessays.com)
- Is induced abortion a risk factor in subsequent pregnancy? (uni-muenchen.de)
- The aim of this study is to investigate the extent to which physical and/or sexual intimate partner violence is associated with induced abortion and pregnancy loss from other causes and to compare this with other, more commonly recognized explanatory factors. (nih.gov)
- Associations between self reported induced abortion and pregnancy loss with intimate partner violence were analysed using multiple regression models. (nih.gov)
- Among the ever pregnant, ever partnered women, 23% experienced involuntary pregnancy loss, while 7% reported induced abortion. (nih.gov)
- Even after adjusting for other explanatory factors, women who experienced intimate partner violence were 1.6 (95%CI: 1.06,1.60) times more likely to report an pregnancy loss and 1.9 (95%CI: 1.30,2.89) times more likely to report an induced abortion. (nih.gov)
- Intimate partner violence had a stronger influence on induced abortion and pregnancy loss than women's age, socio-economic status, and number of live born children. (nih.gov)
- Intimate partner violence is likely to be an important influence on levels of induced abortion and pregnancy loss in Tanzania. (nih.gov)
- Induced abortion is the intentional termination of a pregnancy before the fetus can live independently. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- An abortion may be performed whenever there is some compelling reason to end a pregnancy. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- An abortion is considered to be elective if a woman chooses to end her pregnancy, and it is not for maternal or fetal health reasons. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- A therapeutic abortion may be indicated if a woman has a pregnancy-related health condition that endangers her life. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- About 90% of women who have abortions do so in the first trimester of pregnancy (before 13 weeks) and experience few complications. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- In addition, women, especially teens, may not have recognized the pregnancy or come to terms with it emotionally soon enough to have a first trimester abortion. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- ICD-9 code 635.71 for Legally induced abortion incomplete with other specified complications is a medical classification as listed by WHO under the range -OTHER PREGNANCY WITH ABORTIVE OUTCOME (634-639). (aapc.com)
- Surgical abortion appears to be associated with an increased risk of spontaneous preterm birth in comparison with medical termination of pregnancy. (biomedsearch.com)
- The app features a pregnancy calculator, medical abortion "questions and answers," and an animation on how misoprostol is used for a "safe" abortion (never mind that an action that directly kills a whole, distinct, and living human being is never safe). (liveaction.org)
- The study, " Biological, Behavioral, and Physiological Consequences of Drug-Induced Pregnancy Termination at First-Trimester Human Equivalent in an Animal Model ," examined the effect of the commonly used pregnancy termination-inducing drugs, mifepristone and misoprostol, in rats in a controlled environment. (franciscan.edu)
- Among the biological, physiological, and behavioral changes exhibited by the rats in the abortion group were a loss of appetite, decreased exploratory movement, decreased self-care, and changes in vaginal impedance-a factor that appears to relate to fecundity, or the ability to reproduce-that were not present in the pregnant rats that carried their pregnancy to term. (franciscan.edu)
- According to Sammut, who is also conducting an extended research project assessing the potential viability of ectopic pregnancy transfers, the findings suggest that social pressure or stigmas-long suggested as cause of depression and anxiety in women who have had abortions-do not adequately explain the potential adverse effects caused by abortion-inducing drugs. (franciscan.edu)
- They found that tumors from patients who had aborted (induced or spontaneous) before first full-term pregnancy had a significant, 49% higher index of cellular proliferation (which signifies fast tumor growth and poorer prognosis) compared to patients with no abortions. (lifeissues.net)
- They found that tumors from patients with any abortions before first fullterm pregnancy were (significantly) 26 times more likely to show amplification of the INT2 gene, another indicator of faster tumor growth and lower survival. (lifeissues.net)
- Although the association of abortion and breast cancer is mostly a matter of the disease being a latent (by years or decades) side-effect of the procedure, there also sometimes occurs a clinical situation in which the two may come together, namely, when the diagnosis of breast cancer occurs during a pregnancy. (lifeissues.net)
- ICD-9 code 635.02 for Legally induced abortion complete complicated by genital tract and pelvic infection is a medical classification as listed by WHO under the range -OTHER PREGNANCY WITH ABORTIVE OUTCOME (634-639). (aapc.com)
- Risk of ectopic pregnancy and previous induced abortion. (ehesp.fr)
- Data from two French case-controle studies were used to examine the effect of induced abortion on ectopic pregnancy risk. (ehesp.fr)
- there was a significant trend between number of previous induced abortions and ectopic pregnancy risk (ORs=1.4 for 1 previous induced abortion and 1.9 to 2 or more). (ehesp.fr)
- This study suggests that induced abortion may be a risk factor for ectopic pregnancy for women with no previous ectopic pregnancy, particularly in the case of women who have had several induced abortions. (ehesp.fr)
- On the other hand, the definition of an abortion-inducing drug is unequivocal: 'An 'abortifacient,' by contrast, works to terminate a pregnancy, which necessarily occurs after an embryo has implanted in the uterine lining,' the brief reads. (elitedaily.com)
- Background: In Côte d'Ivoire, induced abortion is legally restricted unless a pregnancy threatens a woman's life. (inserm.fr)
- Spontaneous abortion is the most common complication of pregnancy. (ovid.com)
- Here, we examined the expression of CCL28 and its receptors in decidual stromal cells (DSCs) by immunochemistry and flow cytometry (FCM), and compared their expression level in DSCs from normal pregnancy versus spontaneous abortion, and their relationship to inflammatory cytokines production by DSCs. (ovid.com)
- Higher levels of the inflammatory cytokines interleukin (IL)-1β, IL-17A and tumor necrosis factor-α, and increased CCR3/CCR10 expression were observed in DSCs from spontaneous abortion compared with normal pregnancy. (ovid.com)
- Women who had experienced a miscarriage had more mental distress at 10 days and six months after the pregnancy termination than women who had undergone an abortion. (biomedcentral.com)
- Induced abortion and miscarriage are similar life events in that women abort after a short term of pregnancy. (biomedcentral.com)
- In the decades following legalization of abortion in the U.S. and several European countries, considerable debate has ensued regarding the consequences of induced abortion for future pregnancy outcomes. (lozierinstitute.org)
- Historically, obstetricians have considered abortion procedures to be risk factors for subsequent adverse pregnancy outcomes, including preterm birth. (lozierinstitute.org)
- Thus, the extent to which induced abortions affect subsequent pregnancy outcomes is a public health concern . (lozierinstitute.org)
- Informed consent for abortion procedures does not routinely mention future preterm delivery or other adverse pregnancy outcomes as possible risks of the procedures. (lozierinstitute.org)
- The World Health Organization (WHO) defines unsafe abortion as a procedure for terminating a pregnancy that is performed by an individual lacking the necessary skills, or in an environment that does not conform to minimal medical standards, or both (5). (who.int)
- The odds ratio for nulliparous women was 1.3 (1.0,1.6), that for abortion before the first term pregnancy in parous women was 1.5 (1.2,1.8), and that for abortion after the first term pregnancy was 1.3 (1.1,1.5). (bmj.com)
- CONCLUSIONS: The results support the inclusion of induced abortion among significant independent risk factors for breast cancer, regardless of parity or timing of abortion relative to the first term pregnancy. (bmj.com)
- Intrauterine inoculation with saline did not affect pregnancy, but embryonic death, abortion and regression of the corpus luteum occurred 66 to 72 hours after the treatment with cloprostenol. (bmj.com)
- The abortion pill approved by the Food and Drug Administration is actually two drugs that may be used in combination through the 10th week of pregnancy. (canadiancontent.net)
- Taken during 24 to 48 hours, the drugs - mifepristone and misoprostol - halt the development of pregnancy and induce miscarriage. (canadiancontent.net)
- Women who said they were considering ending their pregnancy were evaluated by nurses, given information about ways to use misoprostol that are scientifically shown to be safe and effective for early abortion. (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- If abortion became illegal or impossible to access in some states, would we stand up and give our patients information about how to end a pregnancy on their own using medications they could obtain online? (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- It has been found that 9.0% of these women who had at least one pregnancy in their life had at least one induced abortion. (biomedcentral.com)
- Abortion is defined by World Health Organization (WHO) as a pregnancy that ends before 28th week of gestation. (biomedcentral.com)
- In a study it has been found out that abortion may be a risk factor for subsequent depression for a period of 8 years after pregnancy occurs [ 3 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- Side Effects, Physical Health Consequences, and Mortality Associated with Abortion and Birth after an Unwanted Pregnancy. (semanticscholar.org)
- The results reinforce the existing data on the safety of induced abortion when compared with childbirth, and highlight the risk of serious morbidity and mortality associated with childbirth after unwanted pregnancy. (semanticscholar.org)
- Pregnancy-associated mortality after birth, spontaneous abortion, or induced abortion in Finland, 1987-2000. (afar.info)
- Information on all deaths of women aged 15 to 49 years in Finland (n = 15,823) was received from the Cause-of-Death Register and linked to the Medical Birth Register (n = 865,988 live births and stillbirths), the Register on Induced Abortions (n = 156,789 induced abortions), and the Hospital Discharge Register (n = 118,490 spontaneous abortions) to identify pregnancy-associated deaths (n = 419). (afar.info)
- An induced abortion is a procedure that can be done up to 12 weeks of pregnancy. (surgeryabroad.eu)
- Protesters demonstrate in front of the U.S. Supreme Court in the morning as the court takes up a major abortion case focusing on whether a Texas law that imposes strict regulations on abortion doctors and clinic buildings interferes with the constitutional right of a woman to end her pregnancy, in Washington March 2, 2016. (reuters.com)
- The court's four liberal justices indicated they believed the law, which imposes strict regulations on abortion doctors and clinic buildings, intrudes on a woman's constitutional right to end a pregnancy established in a 1973 ruling. (reuters.com)
- In a sign that he was not comfortable with aspects of the law, Kennedy sounded concerned about a possible increase in surgical abortions prompted in part by the state's separate new restrictions on medically induced abortions, in which women take pills to terminate a pregnancy. (reuters.com)
- It prohibited abortions in the 20th week of pregnancy instead of the 24th week. (dallasnews.com)
- As recognition of the prevalence of intimate partner violence and its negative sexual and reproductive health outcomes has grown [ 2 , 3 ], it is important to understand more about its association with induced abortion and pregnancy loss in different settings. (biomedcentral.com)
- Ahmed, Salma and Ray, Ranjan 2013, Determinants of pregnancy, and induced and spontaneous abortion in a jointly determined framework: Evidence from a country wide district level household survey in India , Journal of biosocial science , vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 480-517. (edu.au)
- This study provides evidence on the principal determinants of pregnancy and abortion in India using a large country-wide district-level data set (DLHS 2007). (edu.au)
- The paper provides an economic framework for the analysis of pregnancy and abortion. (edu.au)
- The study makes a methodological contribution by proposing a trivariate probit estimation framework that recognizes the joint dependence of pregnancy and induced and spontaneous abortion, and provides evidence in support of this joint dependence. (edu.au)
- The study reports an inverted U-shaped effect of a woman's age on her pregnancy and both forms of abortion. (edu.au)
- Abortion is the termination of pregnancy spontaneously or by induction prior to viability. (phantasmdarkstar.com)
- When a procedure is done or medication is taken to end a pregnancy, it is called an induced abortion. (acog.org)
- abortion in that the former prevents fertilization, while the latter terminates an already established pregnancy. (mcgill.ca)
- Induced abortion is the deliberate termination of pregnancy in a manner that ensures that the embryo or fetus will not survive. (plrplr.com)
- The remainder live in countries where abortion is illegal without qualification or is allowed only when the woman's life or health would be severely threatened if the pregnancy were allowed to continue. (plrplr.com)
- The United States Supreme Court ruled in 1973 (1) that the restrictive abortion laws in the U.S. were invalid, largely because these laws invaded the individual's right to privacy, and (2) that an abortion could not be denied to a woman in the first 3 months of pregnancy. (plrplr.com)
- The Court indicated that after 3 months a state may "regulate the abortion procedure in ways that are reasonably related to maternal health" and that after the fetus reaches the stage of viability (about 24 weeks) the states may refuse the right to terminate the pregnancy except when necessary for the preservation of the life or health of the mother. (plrplr.com)
- Well fatal ectopic pregnancy after attempted induced abortion ministry officers said the doc was supposed to draw responses from the medical neighborhood. (verginedioliva.com)
- this website positive has fatal ectopic pregnancy after attempted induced abortion me really feel higher. (verginedioliva.com)
- The fatal ectopic pregnancy after attempted induced abortion develop to round 1. (verginedioliva.com)
- IVF insurance protection fatal ectopic pregnancy after attempted induced abortion much less common than coverage for fertility companies aside from IVF. (verginedioliva.com)
- Your subsequent steps are: Stop having the kinds of intercourse which might be freaking fatal ectopic pregnancy after attempted induced abortion out. (verginedioliva.com)
- An abortion is when a pregnancy ends early without the birth of any live children. (wikipedia.org)
- People speak of spontaneous abortion or miscarriage when the embryo or fetus is lost due to natural causes before the 20th week of pregnancy. (wikipedia.org)
-  Most spontaneous abortions occur so early in the pregnancy that the woman is not even aware that she was pregnant. (wikipedia.org)
- What Is An Abortion (Pregnancy Termination)? (stylishandtrendy.com)
- An abortion is the termination of pregnancy before the period of viability (before 20 weeks of pregnancy). (stylishandtrendy.com)
- Abortion pills are usually taken between 7-9 weeks of pregnancy. (stylishandtrendy.com)
- Any interruption of human pregnancy prior to the 28th week is known as abortion. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Spontaneous abortion during the last two thirds of pregnancy is more likely to be due to maternal factors, for example abnormalities of the cervix or uterus, insufficient progesterone progesterone , female sex hormone that induces secretory changes in the lining of the uterus essential for successful implantation of a fertilized egg. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Abortion can be induced for medical reasons or because of an elective decision to end the pregnancy. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Procedures for inducing abortion include vacuum suction (the most common, used in the early stages of pregnancy), dilatation and evacuation (D and E), induction (injection of abortifacients such as prostaglandins into the uterus), and hysterotomy (a surgical procedure similar to a cesarean section cesarean section , delivery of an infant by surgical removal from the uterus through an abdominal incision. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Abortion is the process of terminating a pregnancy, and there are many methods of abortion in practise nowadays. (parentingnation.in)
- Performing abortion may depend on how far the pregnancy has reached. (parentingnation.in)
- It is the most common type of abortion and is done during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. (parentingnation.in)
- This type of abortion is commonly used for women who have not yet reached the 18th-week of pregnancy. (parentingnation.in)
- This kind of abortion is used for those women who have passed 16-weeks of pregnancy. (parentingnation.in)
- An unsafe abortion is the termination of a pregnancy by people lacking the necessary skills, or in an environment lacking minimal medical standards, or both. (wikipedia.org)
- Unsafe abortions are also one of the leading causes of deaths during pregnancy and childbirth (about 5-13% of all deaths during this period). (wikipedia.org)
- Eighteen percent of pregnancies (excluding miscarriages) in 2017 ended in abortion. (guttmacher.org)
- They suggest that medical staffers who care for women with unwanted pregnancies could give them information about the safe use of abortion medications, which the women could then obtain on their own. (wbur.org)
- found that pregnant women who had one "induced abortion" (IA) had a 19 percent increased risk of having a "very preterm birth," or a delivery before 28 weeks gestation, in subsequent pregnancies. (christianpost.com)
- Induced abortions terminate approximately half of the estimated three million unplanned pregnancies each year and approximately one-fifth of all pregnancies. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- Out of every 100 pregnancies that year that ended in live birth or abortion, approximately 24 were elective terminations. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- This study investigated the role or prior history of induced abortion in subsequent ectopic pregnancies. (ehesp.fr)
- As a result, the Argentina Medical Society estimates that somewhere between 400,000 and 500,000 women undergo illegal abortions every year, which represents an estimated 40 percent of all pregnancies. (sciencealert.com)
- For years, concerns have been raised about a potential association between frequently performed induced abortion procedures and preterm delivery in subsequent pregnancies. (lozierinstitute.org)
- At that time, several studies either reported no association between abortion and adverse outcomes in subsequent pregnancies or demonstrated conflicting results. (lozierinstitute.org)
- Pixabay/stevepb) An abortion activist group has launched a website that advises women how to terminate their pregnancies using abortion-inducing pills. (christiantimes.com)
- A Netherlands-based abortion activist group has launched a new website that teaches American women how to terminate their own pregnancies with the use of abortion-inducing drugs. (christiantimes.com)
- An international advocacy group concerned about restrictive laws in the United States plans to help women self-induce abortions at home, offering online advice and counseling about how to use medications that can terminate their pregnancies. (canadiancontent.net)
- Women Help Women, a three-year-old organization headquartered in the Netherlands, this week launched an online service to provide one-on-one counseling services for women seeking to end their early pregnancies using the abortion pill, which is legally available only by prescription in the United States but can be purchased on the Internet or from other countries. (canadiancontent.net)
- The lifetime induced abortion per 100 pregnancies was found to be 2.45. (biomedcentral.com)
- The report, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association , also found that the number of unintentional pregnancies and second-trimester abortions in Texas rose after the bill was passed. (dallasnews.com)
- Another third live in countries with moderately restrictive abortion laws, ie, where unwanted pregnancies may not be terminated as a matter of right or personal decision but only on broadly interpreted medical, psychologic, and sociologic indications. (plrplr.com)
- An estimated 1 out of every 4 pregnancies in the world is terminated by induced abortion, making it perhaps the most common method of reproduction limitation. (plrplr.com)
-  not all unintended pregnancies result in abortions or unwanted children. (wikipedia.org)
-  The great majority of abortions result from unintended pregnancies. (wikipedia.org)
- About fifteen percent of pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion. (wikipedia.org)
- A self-induced abortion (also called a self-managed abortion, or sometimes a self-induced miscarriage) is an abortion performed by the pregnant person themselves or with the help of other, non-medical assistance. (wikipedia.org)
- An abortion is termed 'induced' to differentiate it from a spontaneous abortion in which the products of conception are lost naturally (also called a miscarriage). (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- A 34-year-old woman has died in Argentina from trying to induce a miscarriage with parsley shortly after the nation's Senate rejected a monumental abortion bill. (sciencealert.com)
- Miscarriage and induced abortion are life events that can potentially cause mental distress. (biomedcentral.com)
- The course of psychological responses to miscarriage and abortion differed during the five-year period after the event. (biomedcentral.com)
- Very few studies have compared the course of psychological responses after miscarriage with that after abortion. (biomedcentral.com)
- Miscarriage happens involuntarily and suddenly to women who were expecting to give birth a few months later, whereas abortion is a planned and known event. (biomedcentral.com)
- A Virginia woman was arrested last month on felony charges of illegally 'producing abortion or miscarriage' after the remains of a third-trimester fetus were discovered in her back yard. (canadiancontent.net)
- A 34-year-old woman reportedly died in Argentina this week after a botched DIY attempt to induce a miscarriage. (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- When an abortion occurs naturally , it is often called a miscarriage . (wikipedia.org)
- Putting the woman under trauma or stress to cause miscarriage is considered induced abortion. (wikipedia.org)
- The commonly used term miscarriage is synonymous with abortion. (stylishandtrendy.com)
- The term spontaneous abortion, or miscarriage, is used to signify delivery of a nonviable embryo or fetus due to fetal or maternal factors, as opposed to purposely induced abortion. (thefreedictionary.com)
- The law involves the RU-486 "abortion pill," also called mifepristone (brand name Mifeprex) and misoprostol (brand name Cytotec). (csmonitor.com)
- The only scientifically studied effective self-induced abortion method is ingesting a combination of mifepristone and misoprostol or misoprostol alone. (wikipedia.org)
- In Latin America, women have reported self-inducing abortions with misoprostol alone since the 1980s. (wikipedia.org)
- Studies confirm a correlation between the increase in the self-administration of medical abortion with misoprostol, and a reduction in maternal morbidity and mortality. (wikipedia.org)
- Another option that should be more available and affordable is RU-486, the "abortion pill," which also includes misoprostol, the active ingredient in the ulcer medication. (prospect.org)
- If you are taking this basis in cytotec for inducing abortion doxycycline with tax to end a someone, coupon an same misoprostol may there occur. (fuerabordasparsun.com)
- An sevendaysaweek bereit cannot go on presc treated n't of abortion inducing for cytotec misoprostol. (fuerabordasparsun.com)
- So, yes, the abortion pill - a term that usually refers to both mifepristone and misoprostol , which are taken together to induce non-surgical abortion - works. (allure.com)
- The website, created by the group called Women Help Women, advises American women on how to use the abortion drug misoprostol and tells them where they can obtain it illegally. (christiantimes.com)
- Although misoprostol is less likely to induce abortions without mifepristone, the success rate is still high. (christiantimes.com)
- A new study conducted in Peru, where abortion is legally restricted, finds that women can safely and effectively self-induce abortion after receiving information from a healthcare provider about how to use the drug misoprostol. (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- We found that almost 90% of women reported having a complete abortion after taking misoprostol, and very few had medical complications, such as heavy bleeding, infection or severe pain," Dr. Daniel Grossman, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology at UCSF and lead author of the study, said. (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- New Scientist ) - An Ohio law intended to make abortions safer has instead tripled the rate of complications. (georgetown.edu)
- Routine follow-up visits after abortion are intended to confirm that the abortion is complete and to diagnose and treat complications. (nih.gov)
- METHODS: The Abortion Incidence Complications Methodology was used to estimate levels of induced abortion in Malawi in 2009. (ipas.org)
- Data on provision of postabortion care were collected from 166 public, nongovernmental and private health facilities, and estimates of the likelihood that women who have abortions experience complications and seek care were obtained from 56 key informants. (ipas.org)
- RESULTS: Approximately 18,700 women in Malawi were treated in health facilities for complications of induced abortion in 2009. (ipas.org)
- Drawing upon data from a 2012 national study on postabortion-care complications and a methodology developed by the Guttmacher Institute for estimating abortion incidence, we estimate that there were 2.2 million abortions in Pakistan in 2012, an annual abortion rate of 50 per 1,000 women. (popcouncil.org)
- RESULTS: In 2008, an estimated 382,000 induced abortions were performed in Ethiopia, and 52,600 women were treated for complications of such abortions. (ipas.org)
- Abortions performed between 13 and 24 weeks (during the second trimester) have a higher rate of complications. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- Providing mothers with information on how to obtain abortion pills is dangerous because of the possibility of serious complications . (liveaction.org)
- Medical abortion researchers focused on how fast the drug could kill the baby and how much effort it would take on the part of the abortionists to handle complications," said Donna Harrison, executive director of the American Association of Pro-life OB-GYNs. (franciscan.edu)
- Complications like sterility, chronic sickness caused by induced abortion have been known for a long time. (aapsonline.org)
- a 2015 study looking at more than 11,000 medication abortions in California found that the incidence of major complications was .31 percent. (canadiancontent.net)
- They were encouraged to return to the clinic to ensure the abortion was complete, treat any complications and receive contraception. (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- No. 70 December 1992 PATTERNS IN MATERNAL MORTALITY RELATED TO INDUCED ABORTION IN NORTH CAROLINA, 1963-1987 by Robert E. Meyer and Paul A. Buescher ABSTRACT Trends in maternal mortality for deaths related to complications of abortion and deaths from all other obstetric causes are examined for the 25-year period 1 963- 1 987. (ncdcr.gov)
- The decrease in mortality from abortion complications accounted for 45.9 percent of the decline in overall maternal mortality in the state during this period. (ncdcr.gov)
- This is common sense health and safety legislation to ensure that a woman has a contact person that she can go to when there are complications from her abortion. (missourilife.org)
- These abortion providers collect only limited data regarding immediate complications that occur while women physically remain in their facilities. (acpeds.org)
- The relative number of abortions and complications are presented in each group together with the complication frequency. (biomedcentral.com)
- DI-fusion Analysis of induced abortion-related complications in women. (ac.be)
- Analysis of induced abortion-related complications in women admitted to referral health facilities in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo. (ac.be)
- Extent of induced abortions and occurrence of complications in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo. (ac.be)
- Unsafe abortions result in complications for about 7 million women a year. (wikipedia.org)
- According to WHO and the Guttmacher Institute, at least 22,800 women die annually as a result of complications of unsafe abortion, and between two million and seven million women each year survive unsafe abortion but sustain long-term damage or disease (incomplete abortion, infection, sepsis, bleeding, and injury to the internal organs, such as puncturing or tearing of the uterus). (wikipedia.org)
- As of 2019[update], an estimated fifty-six million abortions occurred worldwide, of which twenty-five million are less safe or least safe. (wikipedia.org)
- Since then, more than 39 million abortions have taken place. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- It is estimated that approximately 1.3-1.4 million abortions occur in the United States annually. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, relying on both survey research and unpublished data from the Guttmacher institute, 1.2 million abortions were performed in the United States in 2007, and that number has grown over the past six years. (lozierinstitute.org)
- 3 From 1967-2011, nearly 54 million abortions have been reported in the US (all ages). (acpeds.org)
- The World Health Organization (WHO) estimated that for the time period of 2010-14 there were 55.7 million abortions worldwide each year. (wikipedia.org)
- CONCLUSIONS: Unsafe abortion is common in Malawi. (ipas.org)
- CONCLUSIONS: Unsafe abortion is still common and exacts a heavy toll on women in Ethiopia. (ipas.org)
- Carukshi Arambepola , Lalini C. Rajapaksa , Deepika Attygalle , Loshan Moonasinghe , Relationship of family formation characteristics with unsafe abortion: is it confounded by women's socio-economic status? (wiley.com)
- Yet the limited available evidence suggests abortion is common and that unsafe abortion is contributing to the country's high maternal mortality. (inserm.fr)
- Our study aimed to estimate the one-year incidence of induced abortion in Côte d'Ivoire using both direct and indirect methodologies, determine the safety of reported abortions, and identify the women most likely to experience a recent induced abortion or an unsafe abortion. (inserm.fr)
- Using bivariate and multivariate regression, we separately assessed sociodemographic characteristics associated with having had a recent abortion or an unsafe abortion. (inserm.fr)
- Conclusion: This study provides the first national estimates of induced abortion incidence and safety in Côte d'Ivoire, using a population-based approach to explore social determinants of abortion and unsafe abortion. (inserm.fr)
- Efforts to reduce the harms of unsafe abortion are urgently needed. (inserm.fr)
- An unsafe abortion is a life-threatening procedure. (wikipedia.org)
- Unsafe abortion was and is a public health crisis. (wikipedia.org)
- according to other sources, unsafe abortion is responsible for at least 8% of maternal deaths. (wikipedia.org)
- The British Medical Bulletin reported in 2003 that 70,000 women a year die from unsafe abortion. (wikipedia.org)
- The article states "ending the silent pandemic of unsafe abortion is an urgent public-health and human-rights imperative. (wikipedia.org)
- WHO's Global Strategy on Reproductive Health, adopted by the World Health Assembly in May 2004, noted: "As a preventable cause of maternal mortality and morbidity, unsafe abortion must be dealt with as part of the MDG on improving maternal health and other international development goals and targets. (wikipedia.org)
- and to assist in the development of programmes and policies that reduce unsafe abortion and improve access to safe abortion and highquality postabortion care. (wikipedia.org)
- It also concluded that, while the overall incidence of abortion in both developed and developing countries is approximately equal, unsafe abortion occurs more often in less-developed nations. (wikipedia.org)
History of induc4
- After adjustment for age, parity, age at delivery of first child, and calendar period, the overall risk of breast cancer in women with a history of induced abortion did not differ from that of women without such a history (relative risk [RR] 1.00, 95% CI 0.94 to 1.06). (bmj.com)
- History of induced abortion did not increase the risk of breast cancer overall, but an increased risk was identified after second trimester abortions. (bmj.com)
- However, a growing body of worldwide evidence suggests that the association between preterm birth and history of induced abortion is indeed credible. (lozierinstitute.org)
- Studies published in European journals periodically raised the issue and reiterated findings of an association of varying degrees between preterm delivery and a history of induced abortion. (lozierinstitute.org)
- So how exactly are these women attempting to self-induce abortions ? (womenshealthmag.com)
Second trimester abortions5
- Although it is safer to have an abortion during the first trimester, some second trimester abortions may be inevitable. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- Teens make up the largest group having second trimester abortions. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- Second trimester abortions are much more costly because they often involve more risk, more services, anesthesia, and sometimes a hospital stay. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- 6 Another example is the study by Melbye et al that minimized the evidence supporting the hypothesis that second trimester abortions do increase the risk of breast cancer. (acpeds.org)
- Data from the Department of State Health Services showed that the number of second-trimester abortions rose 27 percent after HB 2 was passed. (dallasnews.com)
- In 2019, 58% of U.S. women of reproductive age (nearly 40 million women) lived in states that were considered hostile to abortion rights. (guttmacher.org)
- In contrast, 24 million women of reproductive age (35% of the total) lived in states that were supportive of abortion rights. (guttmacher.org)
- But "reproductive" is not a strong buzz word, so abortion supporters created the misleading phrase of "women's health. (crisismagazine.com)
- it renamed itself again as National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League before settling on its current appellation: NARAL Pro-Choice America, where the opening acronym conceals the action it advocates. (crisismagazine.com)
- Some studies argue that unfettered access to medication abortion is a key tenet of public health, human rights, and reproductive rights. (wikipedia.org)
- By now you know that "reproductive health" above all means abortion. (lifeissues.org)
- Others came from Ibis Reproductive Health, where "increasing access to safe abortion" is at the top of the agenda, as is their project to keep late-term abortion legal, called Later Abortion Initiative. (lifeissues.org)
- In its order, the Supreme Court said it is dismissing as "improvidently granted" the Cline v. Oklahoma Coalition for Reproductive Justice case, which looked at whether states may limit the use of abortion-inducing drugs and had been referred to the Oklahoma Supreme Court for clarification. (christianpost.com)
- The highest abortion rates in 2000 occurred in New Jersey, New York, California, Delaware, Florida, and Nevada (greater than 30 per 1,000 women of reproductive age). (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- Reproductive outcomes following induced abortion: a national register-based cohort study in Scotland. (biomedsearch.com)
- OBJECTIVE: To investigate reproductive outcomes in women following induced abortion (IA). (biomedsearch.com)
- 8 - 12 Given the importance of specialist input into women's reproductive health, we conducted a survey of the opinions on and practice of abortion among Australian specialist obstetricians and gynaecologists. (mja.com.au)
- Reproductive rights groups called out Kavanaugh's phrasing as indicative of attempts to equate birth control with abortion and restrict access to both. (elitedaily.com)
- Kavanaugh's views on abortion and reproductive rights in general have been a point of high contention as he moves through his Supreme Court confirmation hearing, given that President Donald Trump has promised to appoint Supreme Court Justices who would work to overturn abortion rights in America. (elitedaily.com)
- Though Kavanaugh has declared he thinks landmark abortion rights case Roe v. Wade is settled law , old emails recently revealed have cast doubt on that assessment, leaving reproductive rights advocates disturbed. (elitedaily.com)
- Based on respondent data, the one-year incidence of induced abortion was 27.9 (95% CI 18.6-37.1) per 1,000 women of reproductive age, while the confidante incidence was higher at 40.7 (95% CI 33.3-48.1) per 1,000. (inserm.fr)
- Many women begin their reproductive experience with an abortion prior to subsequent childbearing. (lozierinstitute.org)
- Induced abortion is a traditional method of birth control and it can indicate unmet maternal reproductive needs. (who.int)
- Women can face many challenges in relation to their reproductive health, including abortion, maternal mortality, poor availability of information and family planning services, and sexually transmitted infections (1). (who.int)
- Induced abortion is one of the traditional methods of birth control and its prevalence can be used as an indicator for unmet maternal reproductive needs (2,3). (who.int)
- There is a lot of fear and worry that, with the current administration and restrictions that are to the enormous disadvantage of girls and women, that access to clinical care might further diminish,' said Jelinska, an anthropologist and longtime reproductive rights advocate from Poland, where abortion is illegal except in narrow circumstances. (canadiancontent.net)
- Medically induced abortions accounted for nearly a third of all non-hospital abortions in the United States in 2014 and almost half of all abortions before nine weeks' gestation, according to the Guttmacher Institute, a reproductive rights research organization. (canadiancontent.net)
- As abortion becomes more restricted in the United States, I believe there is something we physicians can learn from the harm-reduction model in Latin America," Dr. Grossman, who is also the director of Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health (ANSIRH) at UCSF, added. (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- Table 2 Reproductive health characteristics of reproductive age women who sought abortion services in Debre Berhan town health institution, from Sep. (biomedcentral.com)
- This study aimed to measure abortion safety in Nigeria, Cote d'Ivoire, and Rajasthan, India using population-based abortion data from representative samples of reproductive age women. (semanticscholar.org)
Risk of preterm birth3
- Researchers in Finland have published a new study that indicates that there is a link between the abortion procedure and an increased risk of preterm birth. (christianpost.com)
- Providers of obstetric care and abortion should be aware of the risk of preterm birth attributable to induced abortion, with its significant increase in initial neonatal hospital costs and CP cases. (biomedsearch.com)
- Both are widely read, well-respected journals within the worldwide obstetrics community, and both studies reported results showing increased risk of preterm birth following induced abortion. (lozierinstitute.org)
- Nørgård BM, Magnussen B, Fedder J, de Silva PS, Wehberg S, Friedman S. The Risk of Elective Abortion in Women With Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis: A Nationwide Cohort Study. (harvard.edu)
- Emotional sequelae of elective abortion. (birthpsychology.com)
- The decline in abortion-related deaths in 1973 coincided with the legalization of elective abortion and the provision of funding support for abortion services for Medicaid and AFDC recipients in the state. (ncdcr.gov)
- Attitudes of society toward elective abortion have undergone marked changes in the past few decades. (plrplr.com)
- The need to have a surgical abortion after failure of the chemical abortion can be considered a side effect, and occurs in between 1% and 10% of cases. (georgetown.edu)
- The only other abortion clinic in Arkansas, Little Rock Family Planning Services in the state capital, offers both surgical and medication abortions. (csmonitor.com)
- and abortion is a safe surgical procedure. (christianpost.com)
- Surgical abortion increased the risk of spontaneous preterm birth compared with medical abortion (adj. (biomedsearch.com)
- 1 - 3 Until the early 1990s, when medical abortion using mifepristone became available, induced abortion was performed using surgical techniques. (mja.com.au)
- What they found was that 95 percent of these self-sourced and self-managed medical abortions were successful, meaning they didn't require any surgical intervention afterward. (allure.com)
- In addition, for 4-5% of women, the pills don't work, making them return for surgical abortions. (missourilife.org)
- No. 360-Induced Abortion: Surgical Abortion and Second Trimester Medical Methods. (semanticscholar.org)
- This guideline reviews evidence relating to the provision of surgical induced abortion (IA) and second trimester medical abortion, including pre- and post-procedural care, and concludes IA is safe and effective. (semanticscholar.org)
- Abortion rights advocates say surgical abortions increased because of the delays women seeking an abortion faced as a result of the 2013 law. (reuters.com)
- House Bill 2 required doctors performing abortions to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals and to certify their clinics as ambulatory surgical centers. (dallasnews.com)
- Although the majority of abortions are performed as elective procedures, ie, because of social or economic reasons as opposed to medical reasons, some women still request such services for medical or surgical indications. (plrplr.com)
- You should know what abortion is and what are the modern ways of doing, it in a non-surgical way. (stylishandtrendy.com)
- The abortion may be an incomplete one and further surgical evacuation may be needed. (stylishandtrendy.com)
- This type of abortion is carried out under the supervision of pills and surgical procedures. (parentingnation.in)
- CONTEXT: Abortion is legally restricted in Malawi, and no data are available on the incidence of the procedure. (ipas.org)
- The Supreme Court in 1973 legalized abortion nationwide, but many Republican-governed states have passed laws seeking to impose a variety of restrictions, some so demanding that they may shut down abortion clinics and make the procedure far more difficult to obtain. (csmonitor.com)
- Klemetti also explained to NPR that while the research seems to link preterm birth and the abortion procedure, correlation is not necessarily equal causation. (christianpost.com)
- Abortion has been a legal procedure in the United States since 1973. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- Women tend to underreport abortions in surveys due to the stigma attached with the procedure, which may explain the discrepancy. (womenshealthmag.com)
- Many women behaved irresponsibly and opted to have an induced abortion before their 25th birthday although it was known for a long time that the procedure was not without danger. (aapsonline.org)
- The only protection we offered to mothers who underwent induced abortion was that the procedure had to be carried out in a hospital. (aapsonline.org)
- More than half of U.S. states have enacted restrictions on abortion, and President Donald Trump has said he supports overturning Roe v. Wade, the U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized the procedure nationally. (canadiancontent.net)
- In 2015, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals struck down an Idaho law that made it a crime for a woman to perform her own abortion, saying it conflicted with Supreme Court rulings that guarantee a right to the procedure until the fetus is viable. (canadiancontent.net)
- The failure of abortion providers to be able to provide post-abortion care after such a serious invasive procedure is a clear sign that they are out of touch with the health and safety needs of women who walk into these abortion clinics. (missourilife.org)
- State health officials formally moved today to enact new abortion restrictions, including one that could make the procedure more expensive. (knau.org)
- In the U.S., estimates of the number of criminal abortions performed prior to legalization of the procedure ranged from 0.25-1.25 million per year. (plrplr.com)
- Abortion and contraception in Romania : a strategic assessment of policy, programme and research issues / report of a strategic assessment undertaken by Mihai Horga, Ư [et al. (who.int)
- Because the risks address both the Supreme Court's rationale for abortion (that women have come to rely on abortion as a backup to failed contraception) and the myth in public opinion that legal abortion is a 'necessary evil,'" said Forsythe. (christianpost.com)
- WASHINGTON, D.C., September 7, 2018 ( LifeSiteNews ) - Pro-abortion voices are pouncing on Judge Brett Kavanaugh for yet another statement during his confirmation testimony, this time a reference to the abortifacient function of certain contraception methods. (lifesitenews.com)
- Contraception is NOT abortion," tweeted Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a Massachusetts Democrat rumored to be considering a presidential run. (lifesitenews.com)
- He did not suggest every contraception or birth control method induces an abortion, but merely stated that the mandate included methods that do, which is accurate. (lifesitenews.com)
- The statement] is not only an anti-science lie, it's an anti-choice extremist phrase that shows that our right to access both abortion and contraception would be in SERIOUS danger if he is confirmed,' NARAL Pro-Choice America said in a tweet. (elitedaily.com)
- We would like to reduce induced abortions not through restrictions but with the increased use of contraception. (aapsonline.org)
- Crespo added that if health centers in Argentina provided accurate information on women's health and access to contraception, this woman may never have resorted to multiple illegal abortions. (sciencealert.com)
- Like many other Catholic nations, however, contraception and abortion in Argentina are divisive subjects. (sciencealert.com)
- In Argentina, however, contraception and abortion access is highly limited. (sciencealert.com)
- It also may help them start using contraception after the abortion, since we saw that women with any type of follow-up contact with the clinic were more likely to be using birth control after the abortion compared to those without follow-up. (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- The provision of contraception and safe abortion is important not just to prevent maternal deaths but as a measure of the authors' ability to respect women's decisions and ensure that they have access to timely, evidence-based care that protects their health and human rights. (semanticscholar.org)
- The nine justices, with no noted dissents, declined to hear an appeal by abortion provider Planned Parenthood of a lower court ruling that had revived the state law, which sets regulations regarding the RU-486 "abortion pill," after it was earlier struck down by a federal judge. (csmonitor.com)
- She of course turned to Dr. Google and was quickly provided with numerous sources indicating that indeed, vitamin C would induce the start of a menstrual cycle and can even act as a "natural" abortefacient and a substitute for the 'morning after' pill. (sciencebasedmedicine.org)
- Instructions on abortion pill use are widely available on the websites of the World Health Organization (WHO), Gynuity Health Projects, and the International Women's Health Coalition. (wikipedia.org)
- A medical abortion uses medication in the form of a pill to induce the abortion. (exampleessays.com)
- The app's description doesn't provide information on what women are to do if they have a medical emergency after taking the abortion pill, particularly if they are not under the supervision of a physician. (liveaction.org)
- Tragically, the app does not include information about abortion pill reversal , which has saved the lives of preborn children whose mothers sought help after regretting taking the pill. (liveaction.org)
- Use of the abortion pill, RU 486 isn't safe or easy. (missourilife.org)
- Following are some important things to be borne in mind while opting for medical abortion or abortion caused by taking an abortion pill. (stylishandtrendy.com)
- The "abortion pill," the drug RU-486 (mifepristone), was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in the United States in 2000. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Seventy-two percent of clinics offered abortions up to 12 weeks' gestation in 2014, 25% up to 20 weeks and 10% up to 24 weeks. (guttmacher.org)
- Currently, medication abortion is provided up to 10 weeks' gestation. (guttmacher.org)
- In 2014, the average amount paid for an abortion with local anesthesia in a nonhospital setting at 10 weeks' gestation was $508. (guttmacher.org)
- The average paid for an early medication abortion (up to nine weeks' gestation) was $535. (guttmacher.org)
- Other than mifepristone medical abortion performed at 50 days of gestation or later and methotrexate medical abortion, we found little evidence that mandatory follow-up visits typically detect conditions that women themselves could not be taught to recognize. (nih.gov)
- 12 weeks gestation (reference category, induced abortion at 9-10 weeks gestation). (bmj.com)
- This review explores the relationship between legal-induced abortion and maternal mortality in the United States and reports that the death rate from legal induced abortion performed at 18 weeks gestation is more than double that observed for women experiencing vaginal delivery. (semanticscholar.org)
- Induced abortion is medically safe when WHO recommended methods are used by trained persons, less safe when only one of those two criteria is met, and least safe when neither is met. (wikipedia.org)
- Kavanaugh invoked a medically inaccurate anti-abortion codeword," the Planned Parenthood Action Fund echoed . (lifesitenews.com)
Women who have abortions1
- This category also includes women who have abortions because of financial difficulties, unstable relationships or chronic mental illness. (biomedcentral.com)
Incidence of induced abortion3
- Indirect estimation techniques were applied to calculate the incidence of induced abortion. (ipas.org)
- We estimated the one-year incidence of induced abortion, and the safety of the abortions women experienced. (inserm.fr)
- To estimate the incidence of induced abortion during the year 1998. (sljol.info)
- The 25,000-member medical society passed a resolution saying it would advocate against "any legislative efforts or laws in Massachusetts or federally to criminalize self-induced abortion. (wbur.org)
- A few states still have laws that criminalize self-induced abortion, Adams said, and some women and people who helped them have been prosecuted using other criminal statutes. (canadiancontent.net)
- In 2017, the U.S. abortion rate reached a historic low since abortion was legalized in 1973. (guttmacher.org)
- in 1973, the year abortion became legal, the rate was 16.3. (guttmacher.org)
- Abortion has of course been legal since 1973, long before even the oldest of the women in the study might have sought an abortion and long before Texas passed protections for babies in 2011 and 2013. (lifeissues.org)
- Between the Roe versus Wade decision in 1973 and through 1996, induced abortion was responsible for the deaths of over 40 million infants in America alone. (exampleessays.com)
- The induced abortions included in this analysis were those that occurred between 1973 and 1992. (bmj.com)
- From 1968-72 to 1973-77, the maternal mortality ratio for deaths due to abortion declined 84.8 percent (6.6 to 1.0 per 100,000). (ncdcr.gov)
- Examination of the trends in abortion-related deaths by individual year revealed a sudden decline in the number of such deaths in 1973, dropping from an average of about five per year during 1963-1972 to less than 0.5 per year thereafter. (ncdcr.gov)
- Anti-abortion theories that focus on the moral status of the fetus neglect to show why the fetus's moral status - its argued for right to life - would give it a right to use the woman's body. (georgetown.edu)
- The Times and other abortion supporters specialize in using "fetus" in nearly all circumstances, especially when directly discussing abortion. (crisismagazine.com)
- The pro-choice approach to abortion is that the fetus is no a human being or a citizen of the world and as such has no rights. (exampleessays.com)
- Through a linkage with the National Registry of Induced Abortions, information on the number and dates of induced abortions was combined with information on the gestational age of each aborted fetus. (bmj.com)
- Abortion is the expulsion of a living fetus from the mother's womb before it is viable. (phantasmdarkstar.com)
- Abortion is completed with the expulsion of the fetus at about 36 hours after the infiltration of hypertonic solution. (phantasmdarkstar.com)
- Legally unable to induce the labor, which would ultimately lead to the fetus' death, the hospital sent the couple home. (mic.com)
- The legislation in question bans abortions after 20 weeks unless the mother's life is threatened, citing largely unsubstantiated claims the fetus is capable of feeling pain. (mic.com)
- While the fetus in the womb are still parts/property and owned by a mother and not "alive as defined by God ", that does not give anyone a justification to commit induced and forceable abortion. (fact-s.me)
- An abortion takes place when the embryo/fetus is too young and small to survive without its mother. (wikipedia.org)
- In both types of abortion, the embryo or fetus usually comes out of the womb . (wikipedia.org)
- While abortion is illegal in many countries, there are often exceptions that permit it in cases such as family incest , rape , the fetus having severe disabilities or the mother's health being at risk. (wikipedia.org)
- Other causes for abortions can be the infection of either the woman or embryo/fetus, or their immune response. (wikipedia.org)
- Immunological reactions, in which maternal antibodies mistake the fetus for foreign tissue, have been implicated in recurrent, or habitual spontaneous abortions. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Protocols that require in-person follow-up after abortion may not make the best use of a women's time or abilities, or of the medical system. (nih.gov)
- This was a shrewd move, since it concealed abortion in the penumbras of women's rights and of health care. (crisismagazine.com)
- The official blog of the Supreme Court noted on Monday that in a related case, a group of women's health clinics and doctors in Texas have asked for a temporary block on a state law that forbids doctors from performing abortions at a clinic unless they have professional privileges at a hospital within 30 miles of that site. (christianpost.com)
- In addition to assessing the success of the women's abortions and any undesirable experiences they reported, researchers also looked at their ability to recognize symptoms that indicated a potentially serious complication and when to seek further medical attention for those symptoms. (allure.com)
- While not a substitute for laws that uphold women's right to safe and legal abortion, harm-reduction programs help mitigate unnecessary suffering and death in a region with some of the strictest abortion laws in the world. (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- Induced abortions have been used as a family planning method for many years and become an important problem in women's health especially in developing countries. (biomedcentral.com)
- It also states "access to safe abortion improves women's health, and vice versa, as documented in Romania during the regime of President Nicolae Ceaușescu" and "legalisation of abortion on request is a necessary but insufficient step toward improving women's health" citing that in some countries, such as India, where abortion has been legal for decades, access to competent care remains restricted because of other barriers. (wikipedia.org)
- The results of the Supreme Court's decision, according to Reuters , means that the original Oklahoma Court ruling which invalidated the law that restricted abortion-inducing drugs is now final. (christianpost.com)
- They said filling out the form would make them complicit in the abortion-inducing drugs that they were, as a religious matter, objected to. (lifesitenews.com)
- His mere use of the phrase "abortion-inducing drugs" was enough to send abortion advocates into a frenzy. (lifesitenews.com)
- Kavanaugh just referred to birth control as 'abortion-inducing drugs,' which is not only an anti-science lie, it's an anti-choice extremist phrase," NARAL tweeted . (lifesitenews.com)
- It still gives women the advantage, if necessary, of passing their abortions off as miscarriages to anti-choice partners, family, or friends.Most disturbingly, the Times reports on two cases of immigrant women being imprisoned by American judges for the crime of inducing abortion with ulcer drugs. (prospect.org)
- In what way is it "safe" for women to take powerful abortion-inducing drugs without the supervision of a doctor? (liveaction.org)
- Published in Frontiers in Neuroscience, the study found significant and adverse behavioral changes in the pregnant rats given the abortion-inducing drugs compared to the rats who did not receive the drugs or rats that received the drugs, but were not pregnant. (franciscan.edu)
- Experts say the lack of consensus, however, may be tied to institutional bias against studies that might implicate the abortion industry-a charge that is especially frightening given that the abortion-inducing drugs have not been subjected to the same rigorous scientific inquiry applied by Sammut and his team. (franciscan.edu)
- Now that Sammut and his team have established a correlation between pregnant rats given abortion-inducing drugs and depression and anxiety-like behaviors, they hope to more closely examine the potential underlying mechanisms in the brains of the rats. (franciscan.edu)
- Additionally, Sammut hopes to investigate, in detail, the potential for reversing the effects of the abortion-inducing drugs, guided by the same rigor, objectivity, and the pursuit of truth that have characterized his research at Franciscan University. (franciscan.edu)
- And abortion drugs work without a woman seeing a doctor in person to use them. (allure.com)
- Several states have made it illegal for anyone apart from medical professionals to administer abortion-inducing drugs and at least 18 women in the U.S. have been charged with attempting to induce their own abortions. (christiantimes.com)
- A number of women have contracted infections or needed blood transfusions after a medication abortion, and some have died, although the FDA says it is unclear whether the drugs caused the deaths. (canadiancontent.net)
- They can be used alone or in combination with other abortion-causing drugs. (stylishandtrendy.com)
- Abortion pills are the drugs that are completely different from emergency contraceptives. (stylishandtrendy.com)
- We will not stop fighting for every person's right to access safe, legal abortion," said Dawn Laguens, Planned Parenthood's executive vice president. (csmonitor.com)
- In the recent era of safe, legal abortion in the United States, a harm reduction approach has not had a clear role," write Julia Tasset, a fourth-year medical student, and Dr. Lisa Harris, both at the University of Michigan Medical School. (wbur.org)
- Previous studies have shown that those countries with stricter abortion laws have higher abortion rates than countries with greater access to safe and legal abortion. (sciencealert.com)
- In a setback to abortion rights advocates, the United States Supreme Court on Tuesday paved the way for Republican-backed restrictions on medication-induced abortions to take effect in Arkansas that could lead to the shuttering of two of the state's three abortion clinics. (csmonitor.com)
- Opponents just released so-called research to back up the idea that restrictions on abortion lead women to try to abort their babies on their own. (lifeissues.org)
- The December 2012 ruling argued that the drug restriction went against the 1992 U.S. Supreme Court decision that set the standard for how courts should weigh abortion restrictions. (christianpost.com)
- Women on Waves, a group that advocated for abortions overseas , has developed an app to help mothers in countries where there are tough abortion restrictions obtain abortion pills. (liveaction.org)
- Consistent with other research, our results suggest that legal restrictions on abortion in Côte d'Ivoire are not preventing women from having abortions, but rather pushing women to use unsafe, potentially dangerous abortion methods. (inserm.fr)
- Abortion foes have sought further restrictions on the medications in the name of safety. (canadiancontent.net)
- The trend of increasing abortion restrictions across the country brings this scenario closer to reality. (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- Estimates indicate that the introduction of state restrictions on Medicaid funding of abortions is associated with a 13% increase in the rate of abortions after the first trimester, and there is no statistically significant association between parental involvement laws and the rate or percentage of post-first-trimester abortions. (semanticscholar.org)
- In past abortion cases, he has backed a fundamental right to abortion while supporting some restrictions. (reuters.com)
- The justices, in a 2016 ruling, struck down a restrictive Republican-backed Texas law that had targeted abortion clinics and doctors in a decision that was seen as reaffirming and fortifying legal protections for abortion rights. (csmonitor.com)
- In Missouri, in 2016 (the most recent statistics available) 2,931 medical abortions were performed. (missourilife.org)
- Summary Illegal abortion is known to be a major contributor to maternal mortality. (wiley.com)
- During 1 978-82, the maternal mortality ratio for abortion declined to less than one death per 100,000 births, with no abortion-related deaths occurring during 1983- 87. (ncdcr.gov)
- Role of birth spacing, family planning services, safe abortion services and post-abortion care in reducing maternal mortality. (semanticscholar.org)
- Planned Parenthood attempted to appeal a decision to restrict medication-induced abortions in Arkansas, but was denied a hearing by Supreme Court justices. (csmonitor.com)
- The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected a challenge to a controversial Arkansas abortion law blocking medication-induced abortions. (abcactionnews.com)
- In 2017, there were 808 clinics providing abortion services, a 2% increase from 2014. (guttmacher.org)
- The majority of medication abortions were offered in specialized clinics and in high volume facilities. (guttmacher.org)
- In 2017, 30% of clinics provided only medication abortion. (guttmacher.org)
- Planned Parenthood also said it is telling patients they can no longer access medication abortion at its two clinics in the state. (csmonitor.com)
- If coat hangers were the symbol of desperate do-it-yourself abortions before Roe v. Wade, these days the main method is pills - often the same pills that clinics prescribe for "medical abortions. (wbur.org)
- Advocates say many women -- even those with good access to abortion clinics -- choose self-induced abortion over clinic-based care for its lower cost, increased privacy or the convenience of taking the pills at home. (wbur.org)
- The Fifth Circuit Court on Thursday allowed that requirement to go into effect, resulting in closing a number of abortion clinics across the state," the SCOTUS blog explained in a posting. (christianpost.com)
- Data for 2005 cover induced abortions performed in hospitals and clinics in provinces and territories, except those performed in Manitoba clinics, which have been unavailable since 2004. (gc.ca)
- The Android app allows users to learn the abortion laws of various countries, as well as "the availability of abortion pills, how to get and use them, and what clinics or organizations are working on abortion issues" in a given country. (liveaction.org)
- A 2013 bill passed in Texas (HB 2) has caused 24 abortion clinics to close, leaving just 17 open in the entire state. (womenshealthmag.com)
- According to the New York Times , the remaining 17 clinics are in the central and eastern parts of Texas, and the average Texas county is 111 miles away from an abortion clinic . (womenshealthmag.com)
- If they uphold it, seven more abortion clinics may close, leaving only 10 in the entire state. (womenshealthmag.com)
- Conservative justices including Kennedy expressed doubt during the 85-minute oral argument about claims by abortion providers who asserted that the Republican-backed 2013 law forced numerous clinics to shut down. (reuters.com)
- Kennedy at one point suggested sending the case back to a lower court to get further evidence on the law's impact, including an assessment of the ability of existing Texas clinics to meet the demand for abortions. (reuters.com)
- If there is evidence new clinics that meet the state's regulations have increased capacity to perform abortions, it would show the law has provided a "beneficial effect," Kennedy said. (reuters.com)
- Abortion providers assert that the law caused 22 of 41 clinics to close, but the state contests those numbers. (reuters.com)
- The abortion providers who have challenged it assert that the regulations are aimed at shutting down their clinics. (reuters.com)
- Liberal Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg questioned the need for a provision of the law requiring clinics to have costly, hospital-grade facilities, when abortions almost always are low-risk procedures for the woman. (reuters.com)
- Abortion providers say the provision already has forced clinics to close because such an affiliation is hard to obtain. (reuters.com)
- The abortion providers also challenged a provision, not yet in effect, requiring clinics to have hospital-grade facilities with standards for corridor width, plumbing, parking spaces, room size, the spacing of beds and many other attributes. (reuters.com)
- In the years since, the number of Texas clinics providing abortions has dropped sharply - to 17 last year from 41 in 2012. (dallasnews.com)
- Grossman said this was because remaining abortion providers - those who didn't have to shut their clinics because of House Bill 2 - were overwhelmed with requests and in some cases stopped booking appointments altogether. (dallasnews.com)
- Fewer abortion clinics means longer wait times. (dallasnews.com)
- Two abortion clinics remained open in Dallas, but the average wait increased to 20 days. (dallasnews.com)
- In addition to crunching numbers, Grossman and his team traveled to abortion clinics and interviewed the women they met. (dallasnews.com)
- METHODS: A nationally representative survey of a sample of 347 health facilities that provide postabortion or safe abortion services and a survey of 80 professionals knowledgeable about abortion service provision were conducted in Ethiopia in 2007-2008. (ipas.org)
- Women can use many different methods to self-manage (or self-induce) an abortion. (wikipedia.org)
- Self-induced abortion methods vary around the world. (wikipedia.org)
- Self-induced abortions can be safe or unsafe depending on the methods used. (wikipedia.org)
- Women have used several different methods to induce an abortion, whether abortions were legal in their society or not. (exampleessays.com)
- Although abortion is common in Peru, few women qualify for legal services, and many instead seek out clandestine providers or use unsafe methods on their own. (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- Lifetime induced abortions were 5.3 times greater with women using a family planning method than women not using family planning methods. (biomedcentral.com)
- METHODS: We estimated mortality rates associated with live births and legal induced abortions in the United States in 1998-2005. (semanticscholar.org)
- Your natural liberty rediscovering self induced abortion methods sage femme will Wonder do scientific accreditation, fully with combustion from boring bodies. (colinjohnstone.org)
- requested by classic structured winners, however written by the natural liberty rediscovering self induced abortion methods sage femme, and with a part by own page, DR. Simon Ray, this mass moon has a shared Illuminati into how event Download restaurants attract administered. (colinjohnstone.org)
- natural liberty rediscovering self induced abortion methods sage out the access level in the Chrome Store. (colinjohnstone.org)
- Abortion, Induced" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus, MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) . (harvard.edu)
- A recent paper in a major medical journal proposed a "harm reduction" strategy for abortion - a public health term more often used about injected drug use. (wbur.org)
- First trimester medical abortion is highly safe and effective. (wikipedia.org)
- Using animal models, Franciscan University researchers propose potential basis for link between medical abortion and depression and anxiety behaviors. (franciscan.edu)
- Women on Web helps women get access to a safe medical abortion and refers to a licensed doctor who can provide a medical abortion. (womenonwaves.org)
- 463 of these (73%) reported performing abortion as part of their personal practice, with 204 (44%) doing so only for severe fetal abnormality or serious maternal medical conditions. (mja.com.au)
- Of those opposed, 34 (32%) added comment that they perform abortion for severe fetal abnormality or serious maternal medical conditions, and a further 17 (16%) commented that they refer women requesting abortion in these circumstances to colleagues. (mja.com.au)
- About 80 medical practitioners are currently licensed to import and use mifepristone for the purpose of abortion in their own practices under the Authorised Prescriber legislation of the Therapeutic Goods Act. (mja.com.au)
- Background: Induced abortion is a common medical intervention. (diva-portal.org)
- OBJECTIVE: To investigate the human and monetary cost consequences of preterm delivery as related to induced abortion (IA), with its impact on informed consent and medical malpractice. (biomedsearch.com)
- asked the Network of Health Professional for the Right to Decide, a group of abortion-rights medical workers, after announcing the tragic news. (sciencealert.com)
- WoW provides access to medical abortion in areas where safe abortion is inaccessible or, as it is in Ireland and Northern Ireland, illegal. (allure.com)
- Medical abortion has been shown before to be incredibly safe. (allure.com)
- This study aimed to evaluate the experiences of women seeking medical abortion at public sector facilities in a Mexico City district. (gynuity.org)
- Despite this, within the U.S. medical literature, induced abortion has largely been ignored as a risk factor for preterm birth. (lozierinstitute.org)
- Americans United for Life, a pro-life group that has lobbied states to require strict medical supervision for the use of abortion medications, expressed concern about the dangers of distributing the drug. (christiantimes.com)
- If they are mishandled, they result in serious injury,' said Kristi Hamrick, spokeswoman for Americans United for Life, an antiabortion group that has tried to push states to require strict medical supervision for the use of abortion medications. (canadiancontent.net)
- On average, use of medical abortion in Missouri would have resulted in over 58 women suffering from hemorrhage and more than 29 women needing hospital admittance. (missourilife.org)
- She could not pay for such a visit and even though she had government-sponsored medical insurance, it did not cover abortion services. (panafrican-med-journal.com)
- In some situations the need for abortion is accepted by most people, but political and medical attitudes regarding induced abortion have continued to lag behind changing philosophies. (plrplr.com)
- Medical abortion is carried out using medications rather than surgery. (parentingnation.in)
- It includes self-induced abortions, abortions in unhygienic conditions, and abortions performed by a medical practitioner who does not provide appropriate post-abortion attention. (wikipedia.org)
- Most unsafe abortions occur where abortion is illegal, or in developing countries where affordable and well-trained medical practitioners are not readily available, or where modern birth control is unavailable. (wikipedia.org)
Spontaneous and Induced Abortion1
- This study (the first not performed by the abortion industry) raises serious concerns about mental health effects of drug-induced abortions and the differences between spontaneous and induced abortion. (franciscan.edu)
Previous induced abortions2
1,000 women aged 15-444
- The abortion rate in 2017 was 13.5 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44, down 8% from 14.6 per 1,000 in 2014. (guttmacher.org)
- An estimated 67,300 induced abortions were performed, equivalent to a rate of 23 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44 and an abortion ratio of 12 per 100 live births. (ipas.org)
- Nationally, the annual abortion rate was 23 per 1,000 women aged 15-44, and the abortion ratio was 13 per 100 live births. (ipas.org)
- In 2000 an estimated 21 out of 1,000 women aged 15-44 had an abortion. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- The U.S. Supreme Court dismissed a case on Monday regarding the usage of abortion-inducing drug RU-486 in Oklahoma, which means that a state ruling that invalidated a previous restriction remains in place. (christianpost.com)
- A new study is showing that abortion medication prescribed through telemedicine results in successful abortions with low rates of adverse effects. (allure.com)
- Causing physical trauma to a woman's body or uterus may also result in physical harm or even death to the woman instead of causing an abortion. (wikipedia.org)
- Wade decision, the Court held that a woman's right to an induced abortion fell within the right to privacy and was protected by the Fourteenth Amendment. (exampleessays.com)
- An abortion may be elective (based on a woman's personal choice) or therapeutic (to preserve the health or save the life of a pregnant woman). (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- The woman's family was joined by a crowd of protestors outside the Congress Palace in Buenos Aires, which recently voted down a measure that would have made abortion legal within the first 14 weeks. (sciencealert.com)
- More than one induced abortion was found to nearly double a woman's odds of preterm birth. (lozierinstitute.org)
- Abortion takes the life of a child and changes the woman's life forever. (missourilife.org)
- The results show that there are wide differences between induced and spontaneous abortions in terms of the sign and magnitude of the estimated effects of several of their determinants, most notably wealth, the woman's age and her desire for children. (edu.au)
- Since in some cases the request is made at the urging of the woman's parents or in-laws, husband, or peers, every effort should be made to ascertain that the patient herself desires abortion for her own reasons. (plrplr.com)
- Supreme Court justices declined to hear an appeal from Planned Parenthood to overturn a ruling restricting abortion services in Arkansas on May 29. (csmonitor.com)
- Planned Parenthood, which argues that the law would ban medication abortion in Arkansas, said it will immediately ask a federal judge to reimpose the injunction blocking the law. (csmonitor.com)
- Planned Parenthood Great Plains sued the state in 2015, saying the law would deprive many Arkansas women of their legal right to an abortion. (csmonitor.com)
- Opponents of induced abortion, pro-life supporters including the Planned Parenthood organization, have argued that it is immoral. (exampleessays.com)
- Harm-reduction programs for safe abortion have been introduced in several countries in Latin America to great success, and in Uruguay, helped pave the way for the legalization of abortion," said Jennifer Friedman, Associate Director of Programs for the International Planned Parenthood Federation/Western Hemisphere Region. (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- In addition, much of the research addressing induced abortion has been conducted by affiliates of organizations that profit financially from performing abortions, such as Planned Parenthood, 5 creating a significant conflict of interest. (acpeds.org)
- In a Catholic, anti-choice culture, many teenagers and women find this painful, dangerous abortion method preferable to visiting a family planning clinic or doctor's office, even if they are insured. (prospect.org)
- Telephone follow-up gives women another way to get support from the clinic and help them figure out if the abortion is complete or not," Sarah Baum , an associate with Ibis and co-author of the study, said. (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- In the July 2017 Special Legislative Session the Missouri Legislature passed SB 5, which included in its language the requirement for a complication plan to be filed with the Department of Health and Senior Services before medication abortions can be performed in an abortion clinic. (missourilife.org)
- The Texas law requires abortion doctors to have "admitting privileges," a type of formal affiliation, at a hospital within 30 miles (48 km) of the clinic. (reuters.com)
- They found that when the distance to an abortion clinic in Texas increased 100 miles, the number of abortions performed decreased 50 percent. (dallasnews.com)
- While it may seem obvious that a law making it more difficult for women to get abortions might lead to a drop in the procedure's use, Grossman's study is the first to show the correlation between distance to a clinic and abortion rates. (dallasnews.com)
- Even in counties with an abortion clinic, there was a nearly 16 percent decline in abortions. (dallasnews.com)
- In Dallas, the average wait for an abortion was less than five days until one clinic closed in June 2015, according to a study by the Texas Policy Evaluation Project . (dallasnews.com)
- It is difficult to measure the prevalence or rate of self-induced abortions. (wikipedia.org)
- Thus, the aim of the study was to assess the prevalence of PTSD and posttraumatic stress symptoms (PTSS) before and at three and six months after induced abortion, and to describe the characteristics of the women who developed PTSD or PTSS after the abortion. (diva-portal.org)
- Results: The prevalence of ongoing PTSD and PTSS before the abortion was 4.3% and 23.5%, respectively, concomitant with high levels of anxiety and depression. (diva-portal.org)
- In recent years, with the importation of sheep from abroad, the prevalence of many diseases, especially abortion diseases, has increased in Iran. (biomedcentral.com)
- One hundred and twenty children born after application for therapeutic abortion refused. (birthpsychology.com)
- Users should be aware of certain limitations with the Therapeutic Abortion Survey. (gc.ca)
- A therapeutic abortion is performed in order to preserve the health or save the life of a pregnant woman. (surgeryencyclopedia.com)
- They found not only a clear difference in survival between those patients who aborted and those who did not, but also between those who aborted spontaneously and those who received a "therapeutic" abortion. (lifeissues.net)
- As a mean: therapeutic abortion wherein the health of the mother is concerned. (phantasmdarkstar.com)
- Therapeutic abortion is an induced abortion performed to preserve the health or life of the mother. (thefreedictionary.com)
- It is done keeping in mind the physical health in the gravid, and is also known as beneficial or therapeutic abortion. (parentingnation.in)
Relationship between induced abortion2
- The relationship between induced abortion and the subsequent development of breast cancer has been the subject of a substantial amount of epidemiologic study. (acog.org)
- More rigorous recent studies demonstrate no causal relationship between induced abortion and a subsequent increase in breast cancer risk. (acog.org)
- As of September 1, 2019, 29 states were considered hostile toward abortion-- rights, 14 states were considered supportive and seven states were somewhere in between. (guttmacher.org)
- The number of induced abortions for every 100 live births fell to 28.3 in 2005 from 29.7 in 2004. (gc.ca)
- The number of legal abortions now being performed in this country approximates 1 abortion per 4 live births. (plrplr.com)
- In 1997, there were 1.33 million induced abortions compared to 3.88 million live births. (plrplr.com)
- The following list attempts to classify Legally induced abortion complicated by delayed or excessive hemorrhage into categories where each line is subset of the next. (rightdiagnosis.com)
- The harm-reduction approach to legally restricted abortion was first developed in Uruguay, where it was associated with a sharp decline in abortion-related mortality. (ibisreproductivehealth.org)
- Early case- control studies that reported an association between induced abortion and subsequent development of breast cancer had significant methodological problems, most notably reliance on retrospective reporting of abortion history. (acog.org)
- Immune activation and the subsequent inflammation-induced tissue injury are often observed at the maternal-fetal interface as the final pathological assault in recurrent spontaneous abortion. (ovid.com)
- The study concluded that a single induced abortion was associated with a 36% increase in odds of subsequent preterm birth. (lozierinstitute.org)
- Evidence that primary infection of Charollais sheep with Toxoplasma gondii may not prevent foetal infection and abortion in subsequent lambings. (semanticscholar.org)
- One salient example of pro-abortion bias is a study that concluded that vacuum aspiration abortion does not lower birth weight in subsequent children. (acpeds.org)
- Induced abortions occur at the desire of the couple and an increase in induced abortion rate is a good indicator of insufficient family planning services. (biomedcentral.com)
- Including those performed on older adolescents/young women of college age (20-24), approximately 540,000 induced abortions 2 occur annually on US adolescent/young adults prior to full brain maturation. (acpeds.org)
- Moreover, when a complication does occur later, it typically results in a visit to either a primary care physician or an emergency department, and the woman may fail to disclose the preceding abortion to the physician. (acpeds.org)
- About 25 million unsafe abortions occur a year, of which most occur in the developing world. (wikipedia.org)
Safe abortion services1
- In Turkey, the Population Planning Law legalized the provision of safe abortion services within ten weeks in May 1983. (biomedcentral.com)
- According to Forsythe of AUL, there are over 130 studies from the 1960s to the present that have shown a link between preterm birth and abortion. (christianpost.com)
- Conclusion: The rate of preterm births increases with the number of preceding abortions. (uni-muenchen.de)
- Cost consequences of induced abortion as an attributable risk for preterm birth and impact on informed consent. (biomedsearch.com)
- While popular belief remains among many American obstetricians that preterm birth and induced abortion history are unrelated, a mounting body of worldwide literature suggesting the contrary is gaining greater attention and acceptance. (lozierinstitute.org)
Countries where abortion is illegal1
- A few questions for the promoters of this app: Are you encouraging pregnant mothers to break the law by committing abortions in countries where abortion is illegal? (liveaction.org)
- At this name are order generic anent the cytotec for inducing abortion over fetal mutations we get an service cells indent more or less powerful days. (fuerabordasparsun.com)
- Early spontaneous abortion (the most prevalent) is usually due to fetal malformations or chromosomal abnormalities. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Reasonable doubt regarding the association initially arose in the first decades following abortion legalization in the United States. (lozierinstitute.org)
- Additionally, some abortion advocates admit its potential to prevent implantation, but attempt to sow confusion as to implantation's meaning. (lifesitenews.com)
- Home-based abortions are safer for women than they've ever been, advocates say. (canadiancontent.net)
- Many advocates say they support projects like the one Women Help Women has pursued, but they caution that the legal landscape for self-induced abortion in the United States is unsettled. (canadiancontent.net)
- Breast cancer risk in relation to abortion: results from the EPIC study. (acog.org)
- At the time of this writing, Google yielded over 400,000 results when searching for "vitamin C abortion" and around 45,000 results when searching "ascorbic acid abortion. (sciencebasedmedicine.org)
- Transmission electron micrograph results showed that high temperature-induced pollen abortion is associated with a premature degeneration of the tapetum cells and the formation of defective pollen grains with degenerated nuclei at the early uninuclear microspore stage, whilst melatonin protected degradation of organelles by enhancing the expression of heat shock protein genes to refold unfolded proteins and the expression of autophagy-related genes and formation of autophagosomes to degrade denatured proteins. (mdpi.com)
- Results: Overall, 2,738 women participated in the survey, approximately two-thirds of whom reported on the abortion experiences of their closest female friend. (inserm.fr)
- Other studies have shown conflicting results, 2 but most depended on reporting of abortions by women themselves, which is known to be unreliable. (bmj.com)
- These results suggest that the inflammation-promoted up-regulation of CCL28 and its receptors interaction in DSCs is involved in human spontaneous abortion via inducing DSC apoptosis. (ovid.com)
- The results suggest that A pyogenes is a primary pathogen and is capable of causing embryonic death and abortion. (bmj.com)
- The results of the study remind us that unemployed women and women who have more than four children is our target group in the campaign against induced abortions. (biomedcentral.com)
- Induced abortion on request is illegal in all Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking countries of Latin America, with Cuba, where abortion was legalized in 1979, the only exception. (springer.com)
- Scientific Publication No. 306, Epidemiology of Abortion and Practices of Fertility Regulation in Latin America, Pan American Health Organization, 1975. (springer.com)
- school mexico and caucasian blasts with-it latin america, people are cytotec for inducing abortion quite narrow mind say eyes angry briefing cuantos. (fuerabordasparsun.com)
- These findings appear to run counter to popular opinion and some professional declarations that making abortion freely available would terminate unwanted children and thus lower the incidence of child mistreatment. (birthpsychology.com)