Abies: A plant genus in the family PINACEAE, order Pinales, class Pinopsida, division Coniferophyta. Balm of Gilead is a common name more often referring to POPULUS and sometimes to COMMIPHORA.Picea: A plant genus in the family PINACEAE, order Pinales, class Pinopsida, division Coniferophyta. They are evergreen, pyramidal trees with whorled branches and thin, scaly bark. Each of the linear, spirally arranged leaves is jointed near the stem on a separate woody base.Gymnosperms: Gymnosperms are a group of vascular plants whose seeds are not enclosed by a ripened ovary (fruit), in contrast to ANGIOSPERMS whose seeds are surrounded by an ovary wall. The seeds of many gymnosperms (literally, "naked seed") are borne in cones and are not visible. Taxonomists now recognize four distinct divisions of extant gymnospermous plants (CONIFEROPHYTA; CYCADOPHYTA; GINKGOPHYTA; and GNETOPHYTA).Botany: The study of the origin, structure, development, growth, function, genetics, and reproduction of plants.Trees: Woody, usually tall, perennial higher plants (Angiosperms, Gymnosperms, and some Pterophyta) having usually a main stem and numerous branches.Coniferophyta: A plant division of GYMNOSPERMS consisting of cone-bearing trees and shrubs.Plant Somatic Embryogenesis Techniques: The process of embryo initiation in culture from vegetative, non-gametic, sporophytic, or somatic plant cells.2,3-Diketogulonic Acid: Metabolite of ASCORBIC ACID and the oxidized form of the lactone DEHYDROASCORBIC ACID.Pinus: A plant genus in the family PINACEAE, order Pinales, class Pinopsida, division Coniferophyta. They are evergreen trees mainly in temperate climates.Plant Stems: Parts of plants that usually grow vertically upwards towards the light and support the leaves, buds, and reproductive structures. (From Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990)Wood: A product of hard secondary xylem composed of CELLULOSE, hemicellulose, and LIGNANS, that is under the bark of trees and shrubs. It is used in construction and as a source of CHARCOAL and many other products.Diterpenes, Abietane: A group of DITERPENES cyclized into 3-ring PHENANTHRENES.Terpenes: A class of compounds composed of repeating 5-carbon units of HEMITERPENES.Pulsatilla: A plant genus of the family RANUNCULACEAE. Members contain cernuosides and other oleanane and hederagenin saponins.Theaceae: A plant family of the order THEALES, subclass Dilleniidae, class Magnoliopsida, best known for CAMELLIA SINENSIS, which is the source of Oriental TEA.Saxifragaceae: The saxifrage plant family of the order ROSALES, subclass Rosidae, class Magnoliopsida. The leaves are alternate and sometimes deeply lobed or form rosettes. The flowers have both male and female parts and 4 or 5 sepals and petals; they are usually in branched clusters. The fruit is a capsule with many seeds.Berberis: A plant genus in the family BERBERIDACEAE. The common names of Barberry or Oregon Grape are also used for MAHONIA. The similar-named Bayberry is the unrelated MYRICA. Oregon Grape was classified by Pursh as a Berberis but Nuttall claimed it is different enough to call it a new genus, MAHONIA. Botanists insist on this name while horticulturists stay with Mahonia. They are shrubs with yellow wood and usually three-branched spines at the base of leafstalks. Flowers are yellow, six-petaled and fruit is a berry with one to several seeds. Members contain BERBERINE.StigmasterolBlogging: Using an INTERNET based personal journal which may consist of reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks.Educational Technology: Systematic identification, development, organization, or utilization of educational resources and the management of these processes. It is occasionally used also in a more limited sense to describe the use of equipment-oriented techniques or audiovisual aids in educational settings. (Thesaurus of ERIC Descriptors, December 1993, p132)Writing: The act or practice of literary composition, the occupation of writer, or producing or engaging in literary work as a profession.Internet: A loose confederation of computer communication networks around the world. The networks that make up the Internet are connected through several backbone networks. The Internet grew out of the US Government ARPAnet project and was designed to facilitate information exchange.Photography: Method of making images on a sensitized surface by exposure to light or other radiant energy.Patient Care Team: Care of patients by a multidisciplinary team usually organized under the leadership of a physician; each member of the team has specific responsibilities and the whole team contributes to the care of the patient.Search Engine: Software used to locate data or information stored in machine-readable form locally or at a distance such as an INTERNET site.PubMed: A bibliographic database that includes MEDLINE as its primary subset. It is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. PubMed, which is searchable through NLM's Web site, also includes access to additional citations to selected life sciences journals not in MEDLINE, and links to other resources such as the full-text of articles at participating publishers' Web sites, NCBI's molecular biology databases, and PubMed Central.Periodicals as Topic: A publication issued at stated, more or less regular, intervals.BooksPublishing: "The business or profession of the commercial production and issuance of literature" (Webster's 3d). It includes the publisher, publication processes, editing and editors. Production may be by conventional printing methods or by electronic publishing.MEDLINE: The premier bibliographic database of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. MEDLINE® (MEDLARS Online) is the primary subset of PUBMED and can be searched on NLM's Web site in PubMed or the NLM Gateway. MEDLINE references are indexed with MEDICAL SUBJECT HEADINGS (MeSH).Serial Publications: Publications in any medium issued in successive parts bearing numerical or chronological designations and intended to be continued indefinitely. (ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983, p203)Biological Science Disciplines: All of the divisions of the natural sciences dealing with the various aspects of the phenomena of life and vital processes. The concept includes anatomy and physiology, biochemistry and biophysics, and the biology of animals, plants, and microorganisms. It should be differentiated from BIOLOGY, one of its subdivisions, concerned specifically with the origin and life processes of living organisms.Chamaecyparis: A plant genus of the family CUPRESSACEAE which should not be confused with other cedar and cypress trees of THUJA or CUPRESSUS genera.Biomass: Total mass of all the organisms of a given type and/or in a given area. (From Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990) It includes the yield of vegetative mass produced from any given crop.SwitzerlandWorld War II: Global conflict involving countries of Europe, Africa, Asia, and North America that occurred between 1939 and 1945.Balsams: Resinous substances which most commonly originate from trees. In addition to resins, they contain oils, cinnamic acid and BENZOIC ACID.Encyclopedias as Topic: Works containing information articles on subjects in every field of knowledge, usually arranged in alphabetical order, or a similar work limited to a special field or subject. (From The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)NorwayCarex Plant: A plant genus of the family CYPERACEAE. The seed contains oligostilbenes (STILBENES).Musaceae: A plant family of the order ZINGIBERALES, subclass Zingiberidae, class Liliopsida best known for banana (MUSA). The slender false trunk, formed by leaf sheaths of the spirally arranged leaves, may rise to 15 meters (50 feet). There is a crown of large leaves at the top.Wetlands: Environments or habitats at the interface between truly terrestrial ecosystems and truly aquatic systems making them different from each yet highly dependent on both. Adaptations to low soil oxygen characterize many wetland species.Needles: Sharp instruments used for puncturing or suturing.Plant Leaves: Expanded structures, usually green, of vascular plants, characteristically consisting of a bladelike expansion attached to a stem, and functioning as the principal organ of photosynthesis and transpiration. (American Heritage Dictionary, 2d ed)Flight, Animal: The use of wings or wing-like appendages to remain aloft and move through the air.Space Flight: Travel beyond the earth's atmosphere.Weightlessness: Condition in which no acceleration, whether due to gravity or any other force, can be detected by an observer within a system. It also means the absence of weight or the absence of the force of gravity acting on a body. Microgravity, gravitational force between 0 and 10 -6 g, is included here. (From NASA Thesaurus, 1988)Aerospace Medicine: That branch of medicine dealing with the studies and effects of flight through the atmosphere or in space upon the human body and with the prevention or cure of physiological or psychological malfunctions arising from these effects. (from NASA Thesaurus)Aircraft: A weight-carrying structure for navigation of the air that is supported either by its own buoyancy or by the dynamic action of the air against its surfaces. (Webster, 1973)Aviation: Design, development, manufacture, and operation of heavier-than-air AIRCRAFT.Cost Savings: Reductions in all or any portion of the costs of providing goods or services. Savings may be incurred by the provider or the consumer.
Pervasive influence of large-scale climate in the dynamics of a terrestrial vertebrate community. (1/51)BACKGROUND: Large-scale climatic variability has been implicated in the population dynamics of many vertebrates throughout the Northern Hemisphere, but has not been demonstrated to directly influence dynamics at multiple trophic levels of any single system. Using data from Isle Royale, USA, comprising time series on the long-term dynamics at three trophic levels (wolves, moose, and balsam fir), we analyzed the relative contributions of density dependence, inter-specific interactions, and climate to the dynamics of each level of the community. RESULTS: Despite differences in dynamic complexity among the predator, herbivore, and vegetation levels, large-scale climatic variability influenced dynamics directly at all three levels. The strength of the climatic influence on dynamics was, however, strongest at the top and bottom trophic levels, where density dependence was weakest. CONCLUSIONS: Because of the conflicting influences of environmental variability and intrinsic processes on population stability, a direct influence of climate on the dynamics at all three levels suggests that climate change may alter stability of this community. Theoretical considerations suggest that if it does, such alteration is most likely to result from changes in stability at the top or bottom trophic levels, where the influence of climate was strongest. (+info)
Wind-dispersed pollen mediates postglacial gene flow among refugia. (2/51)A long-term genetic legacy of refugial isolation has been postulated and was demonstrated for maternal refugial lineages for numerous plant and animal species. The lineages were assumed to have remained separated from each other for several glacial periods. The conifer Abies alba Miller, silver fir, is an excellent model to test whether pollen-mediated gene flow may eliminate the genetic imprints of Pleistocene refugial isolation. Two DNA markers with contrasting modes of inheritance were applied to 100 populations covering the entire range of silver fir in Europe. The markers exhibited each two highly conserved alleles based on an insertion/deletion of 80 bp in the fourth intron of the mitochondrial nad5 gene and on a synonymous substitution in the chloroplast psbC gene. The geographical distribution of the maternally inherited mitochondrial variation supported the existence of at least two refugia with two recolonizing maternal lineages remaining largely separated throughout the range. The cline of the nad5 allele frequencies was much steeper than the one of the two psbC alleles. The psbC cline was as wide as the whole range of the species. Our results provide striking evidence that even a species with very long generation times and heavy pollen grains was able to establish a highly efficient pollen-mediated gene flow between refugia. Therefore we postulate that an exchange of genetic information between refugia by range-wide paternal introgression is possible in wind-pollinated plant species. (+info)
Seasonal and perennial changes in the distribution of water in the sapwood of conifers in a sub-frigid zone. (3/51)An analysis was made of progressive changes in patterns of cavitation in the sapwood of three species of conifer (Larix kaempferi, Abies sachalinensis, and Picea jezoensis) that were growing in a sub-frigid zone. In all three conifers, all tracheids of the newly forming outermost annual ring were filled with water or cytoplasm during the period from May to August. However, many tracheids in the transition zone from earlywood to latewood lost water in September, presumably through drought-induced cavitation. Cavitated tracheids tended to be continuously distributed in a tangential direction. Subsequently, some earlywood tracheids of the outermost annual ring lost water during the period from January to March. This was associated with freeze-thaw cycles. In the second and third annual rings from the cambium of all three conifers, the lumina of most tracheids in the transition zone from earlywood to latewood contained no water. In contrast, some latewood tracheids near the annual ring boundary and many earlywood tracheids retained water in their lumina. The third annual ring had more cavitated tracheids than the second annual ring. Our observations indicated that cavitation progressed gradually in the tracheids of the conifers and that they were never refilled once cavitation had occurred. The region involved in water transport in conifers did not include the entire sapwood and differed among annual rings. (+info)
Modeling current and future potential wintering distributions of eastern North American monarch butterflies. (4/51)Monarch butterflies overwinter in restricted areas in montane oyamel fir forests in central Mexico with specific microclimates that allow the butterflies to survive for up to 5 months. We use ecological niche modeling (ENM) to identify areas adequate for overwintering monarch colonies under both current and future climate scenarios. The ENM approach permits testing and validation of model predictivity, and yields quantitative, testable predictions regarding likely future climate change effects. Our models predicted monarch presence with a high degree of accuracy, and indicated that precipitation and diurnal temperature range were key environmental factors in making locations suitable for monarchs. When we projected monarch distribution onto future climate scenarios (Hadley Centre climate models), we found that conditions were likely to be inadequate across the entire current winter range, particularly owing to increased cool-weather precipitation that could cause increased mortality. This study applies ENM to understanding the seasonal dynamics of a migratory species under climate change, and uses ENM to identify key limiting environmental parameters in species' responses to climate change. (+info)
The influence of top-down, bottom-up and abiotic factors on the moose (Alces alces) population of Isle Royale. (5/51)Long-term, concurrent measurement of population dynamics and associated top-down and bottom-up processes are rare for unmanipulated, terrestrial systems. Here, we analyse populations of moose, their predators (wolves, Canis lupus), their primary winter forage (balsam fir, Abies balsamea) and several climatic variables that were monitored for 40 consecutive years in Isle Royale National Park (544 km2), Lake Superior, USA. We judged the relative importance of top-down, bottom-up and abiotic factors on moose population growth rate by constructing multiple linear regression models, and calculating the proportion of interannual variation in moose population growth rate explained by each factor. Our analysis indicates that more variation in population growth rate is explained by bottom-up than top-down processes, and abiotic factors explain more variation than do bottom-up processes. Surprisingly, winter precipitation did not explain any significant variation in population growth rate. Like that detected for two Norwegian ungulate populations, the relationship between population growth rate and the North Atlantic Oscillation was nonlinear. Although this analysis provides significant insight, much remains unknown: of the models examined, the most parsimonious explain little more than half the variation in moose population growth rate. (+info)
Respiratory symptoms and peak expiratory flow rates among furniture-decoration students. (6/51)This study was designed to evaluate the effects of furniture production, mainly including fir tree (aberia mulleriana), on respiratory health of young workers and to compare the results with those obtained from previous studies. Sixty-four furniture-decoration students (57 males and 7 females) and 62 controls (54 male, 8 female) from different departments in the same school were included into the study. All participants were assessed with a questionnaire (concerning history of occupational exposure, work-related respiratory and other symptoms, smoking history, previous asthma history), full physical examination, spirometric evaluation and chest radiograph. Participants then performed serial monitoring of peak expiratory flow rates (PEFR) at work and away from work within a month. Mean age of students was 20.9 +/- 3.7 years, 20.5 +/- 2.6 years in controls. There was no difference between study and control groups with regard to age, gender, smoking status and previous asthma history. Reported cough (23.4 % vs. 8.1 %) and shortness of breath (18.8 % vs. 6.5 %) were significantly higher in furniture-decoration students than in controls (p = 0.016 and p = 0.034, respectively). Furniture-decoration students had higher conjunctivitis (34.4 % vs. 9.7 %, p = 0.001) and rhinitis (34.4 % vs. 19.4 %, p = 0.044) history when compared with controls. Both students and controls were normal in terms of respiratory examination. PEF recordings were performed for approximately one month. Diurnal variability greater than 20 % was seen in 12/64 (18.7 %) of students at work, whereas it was detected in 4/62 (6.4 %) of controls (p = 0.034). When comparing for the presence of diurnal variability greater than 20 % in weekends, no difference was found between groups (p = 0.457). In conclusion, early detection of work-related respiratory changes by serial monitoring of peak expiratory flows should save the workers from hazardous respiratory effects of the furniture production, especially in young population. (+info)
Differentiation of terminal latewood tracheids in silver fir trees during autumn. (7/51)BACKGROUND AND AIMS: The differentiation of terminal latewood tracheids of silver fir (Abies alba) trees grown in Slovenia was investigated in autumn/winter 2001/2002. METHODS: The experimental trees were divided into three groups: one with narrow annual rings, width less than 1 mm; one with annual ring widths between 1 and 4 mm; and one group with broad rings larger than 4 mm. The differentiation of terminal latewood tracheids was investigated by light-, electron- and UV-microscopy in tissues sampled in October and November 2001 and March 2002. KEY RESULTS: In the middle of October, cambial divisions did not occur any more in any of the trees. In trees with narrow annual rings, cell wall deposition as well as lignification were completed in terminal latewood tracheids at this date, whereas in trees with annual ring widths of more than 1 mm these processes still continued. Electron microscopy as well as UV microscopy revealed an unlignified inner S(2) layer and the absence of S(3) and warty layers. With increasing distance from the cambium, wall formation and lignification gradually appeared to be completed. Samples of all trees taken in the middle of November only contained differentiated terminal latewood tracheids. At the structural and lignin topochemical level, November and March samples showed completed differentiation of walls of terminal latewood tracheids. CONCLUSIONS: In trees with broader annual rings, the final steps of differentiation of the youngest latewood tracheids near the cambium still continued during autumn, but were finished prior to winter. It was concluded from structural observations that duration of cambial activity is longer in trees with broad annual rings than in trees with narrow rings. (+info)
Unexpectedly high bacterial diversity in arctic tundra relative to boreal forest soils, revealed by serial analysis of ribosomal sequence tags. (8/51)Arctic tundra and boreal forest soils have globally relevant functions that affect atmospheric chemistry and climate, yet the bacterial composition and diversity of these soils have received little study. Serial analysis of ribosomal sequence tags (SARST) and denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) were used to compare composite soil samples taken from boreal and arctic biomes. This study comprises an extensive comparison of geographically distant soil bacterial communities, involving the analysis of 12,850 ribosomal sequence tags from six composite soil samples. Bacterial diversity estimates were greater for undisturbed arctic tundra soil samples than for boreal forest soil samples, with the highest diversity associated with a sample from an extreme northern location (82(o)N). The lowest diversity estimate was obtained from an arctic soil sample that was disturbed by compaction and sampled from a greater depth. Since samples from the two biomes did not form distinct clusters on the basis of SARST data and DGGE fingerprints, factors other than latitude likely influenced the phylogenetic compositions of these communities. The high number of ribosomal sequences analyzed enabled the identification of possible cosmopolitan and endemic bacterial distributions in particular soils. (+info)
Synonyms for Abies alba in Free Thesaurus. Antonyms for Abies alba. 2 synonyms for Abies alba: European silver fir, Christmas tree. What are synonyms for Abies alba?
The Canadian Forest Service promotes the sustainable development of Canadas forests and the competitiveness of the Canadian forest sector
BGCI. 2013. Botanic Gardens Conservation International: Plant Search. Available at: http://www.bgci.org/plant_search.php. Ellenberg, H. 1988. Vegetation Ecology of Central Europe. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.. EUNIS. 2014. Biodiversity Database. Available at: http://eunis.eea.europa.eu/. (Accessed: 2014).. Farjon, A. 2010. A Handbook of the Worlds Conifers. Koninklijke Brill, Leiden.. Farjon, A. and Filer, D. 2013. An Atlas of the Worlds Conifers. Brill, Leiden/Boston.. Feurdean, A. and Willis, K.J. 2008. Long-term variability of Abies alba in NW Romania: implications for its conservation management. Diversity and Distributions 14: 1004-1017.. IUCN. 2017. The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2017-2. Available at: www.iucnredlist.org. (Accessed: 14 September 2017).. Mauri, A., de Rigo, D. and Caudullo, G. 2016. Abies alba in Europe: distribution, habitat, usage and threats. In: San-Miguel-Ayanz,J., de Rigo, D., Caudullo, G., Houston Durrant, T. and Mauri, A. (eds), ...
Novel A-seco-rearranged lanostane triterpenoids from Abies sachalinensis.: From the needles of Abies sachalinensis, novel rearranged lanostane type triterpenes,
Genestra Phyto-Gen Silver Fir Young Shoot - Genestra Silver Fir Young Shoot is a herbal Phyto-Gen formula with silver fir extract. Phytoembryoth
Abies koreana Golden Selection - This seed has been collected from an as of yet unnamed selection in VanDusens collection. Growth of the parent tree appears to be limited, dense and bushy. The cones develop a deep grey-violet colour and mature to dark brown in the late fall. Typical of Abies species, the cones disintegrate to distribute the seed in the early winter. A superb candidate for bonsai. Seed supply is very limited.
Zeiraphera rufimitrana, the red-headed fir tortricid, is a moth of the Tortricidae family. It is found from central Europe to eastern Russia, Mongolia, the Korean Peninsula, China (Jilin, Heilongjiang) and Japan. It was first recorded from the Netherlands by Kuchlein and Naves in 1999. The wingspan is 12-16 mm. Adults are on wing from the end of June to August. The larvae of ssp. truncata feed on Abies sachalinensis. Larvae of the nominate subspecies feed on Abies alba, Abies cephalonica, Abies balsamea, Pinus pinea and Picea excelsa. The larvae feed in buds and on new needles. The infested crowns may stain reddish. Zeiraphera rufimitrana rufimitrana Zeiraphera rufimitrana truncata Oku, 1968 (Japan) tortricidae.com Catalogue of Eucosmini from China (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) Eurasian ...
All contents Copyright 1999-2018 Genius Central and Wild By Nature - Huntington. All rights reserved. This internet site is hosted by Genius Central, a Web site service provider to natural health stores nationwide. Genius Central and Wild By Nature - Huntington have no means of independently evaluating the safety or functionality of the products offered by their suppliers and affiliates and thus can neither endorse nor recommend products. Information presented is of a general nature for educational and informational purposes only. Statements about products and health conditions have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. Products and information presented herein are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. If you have any concerns about your own health, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional. Your use of this site indicates your agreement to be bound by our Terms and Conditions ...
Abies koreana - A conifer with a truly elegant form, the Korean Fir has much to recommend it. The deep green needles, silver-white underneath, are evenly spaced on the branches, giving the tree a remarkably tidy appearance. The cones, which sit bolt upright on the branches, are one of this trees most attractive features.
Abies koreana is a slow growing, conical shaped tree with shiny, dark green leaves with 2 whitish bands underneath. The cones are blue-violet before maturity.
Definition of abies amabilis in the Definitions.net dictionary. Meaning of abies amabilis. What does abies amabilis mean? Information and translations of abies amabilis in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
Juvabione, historically known as the paper factor, is the methyl ester of todomatuic acid, both of which are sesquiterpenes (C15) found in the wood of true firs of the genus Abies. They occur naturally as part of a mixture of sesquiterpenes based upon the bisabolane scaffold. Sesquiterpenes of this family are known as insect juvenile hormone analogues (IJHA) because of their ability to mimic juvenile activity in order to stifle insect reproduction and growth. These compounds play important roles in conifers as the second line of defense against insect induced trauma and fungal pathogens. In 1965, Karel Sláma and Carroll Williams made a surprising discovery: paper towels made from the wood of the balsam fir (Abies balsamea, Fig. 1) released vapors that elicited a potent effect on hemipteran bugs of the Pyrrhocoridae family. They named this substance "the paper factor." It was thought to contain a mixture of JH-mimicking sesquiterpenes, but it wasnt until 1966 that (+)-juvabione was first ...
The ability of the bark of willow (Salix spp.) to relieve the suffering of pain and fever has been known for at least 2 000 years. The active ingredient in willow bark is salicin, a glucoside that is converted to salicylic acid in the body. Salicylic acid is a component of acetylsalicylic acid, the active ingredient in aspirin, one of the most widely used medicines in the world (see textbox). Today aspirin is produced from synthetic materials [Lust, 1990].. The bark of the North American paper birch (Betula papyrifera) (Figure 6.5) is impervious to water and was used by indigenous tribes in the construction of small, narrow boats known as canoes. Canoes were constructed from large sheets of bark tied together with root fibres of white spruce (Picea glauca) and smeared with the resin of balsam fir (Abies balsamea) [Hora, 1981]. Containers made from the bark of paper birch were also used as containers for collecting sap during the early days of maple sugaring (see Chapter 5).. Figure 6.5 The ...
A replicated study in balsam fir Abies balsamea stands in Quebec, Canada (Darveau et al. 1995) in 1989-92 found that 60 m-wide riparian forest buffer strips retained forest-dwelling breeding bird abundances and a species composition more similar to uncut areas than that of narrower strips. For one year before and three years following clearcutting, birds were surveyed in five buffer strips: 20 m-, 40 m-, 60 m-, and more than 300 m-wide (i.e. undisturbed control) strips, and a 20 m-wide thinned (33% of trees removed) strip. After initial increases in bird densities (30-70%) in all strips in the year after cutting, the 20 m- and 40 m-wide strips exhibited greatest decreases. Three years after cutting, forest species were less abundant (four songbirds becoming virtually absent) than habitat generalists in the 20 m strips (the thinned 20 m strip had densities around 20% less than the unthinned 20 m-wide strip). ...
james bond casino royale online. James bond cufflinks casino royale .. bond casino royale online new baneshwor Play online roulette fake money Orca. Watch online Casino Royale full with English subtitle. Watch online free Casino Royale, Eva Green, Judi Dench, Daniel Craig. Salsa casino la habana maracaibo Play Swiss Online Casino Unter 18 Casinos . Casinos Online Spielen Mit Startguthaben Besten uk Casino royale youtube novoline Tulalip casino orca suite Gaming club casino Swiss Online Casino .. Watch blackjack 21 anime Casinos accepting us players and Swiss Online. Kein Abo, keine Vertragsbindung. This site does not store any files on its server. Subscribe fmovies mailing list to get online casino ratgeber free casino games book of ra on movies, tv-series and news. Your request has been sent. Um die Millionen seiner Kunden wieder zu beschaffen, nimmt Le Chiffre an einer casino slots online simulationsspiele online ohne anmeldung, schwerreichen Pokerrunde im "Casino Royale" von Slots to play ...
Wood of most firs is considered unsuitable for general timber use and is often used as pulp or for the manufacture of plywood and rough timber. Because this genus has no insect or decay resistance qualities after logging, it is generally recommended in construction purposes for indoor use only (e.g. indoor drywall on framing). Fir wood left outside cannot be expected to last more than 12 to 18 months, depending on the type of climate it is exposed to. Nordmann fir, noble fir, Fraser fir and balsam fir are popular Christmas trees, generally considered to be the best for this purpose, with aromatic foliage that does not shed many needles on drying out. Many are also decorative garden trees, notably Korean fir and Fraser fir, which produce brightly coloured cones even when very young, still only 1-2 m (3.3-6.6 ft) tall. Other firs can grow anywhere between 30 and 236 feet (9.1 and 71.9 m) tall. Fir Tree Appreciation Day is June 18. Abies religiosa-sacred fir, is the overwinter host for the monarch ...
If you see any errors or have any questions or suggestions on what is shown on this page, please provide us with feedback so that we can correct or extend the information ...
Silver Fir Essential Oil Profile includes uses, constituents, aromatic description, extraction method, latin name, safety info and references.
Allergy Liberation Royale All-In-One : Chrome by Sprite Water [Royale All-In-One: Chrome] - Sprite Shower Filter - Luxury Royale All-In-OneReversible High-Flow Filter (Model SLC)Deluxe 5-way Massaging SpraySoft Touch Adjustment PadsAnti-Scaling Spray NozzleHigh Strength HousingTriple Plated FinishWorks great with both low and high pressure waterCartridge Life Rating: 6 Months (comes with first cartridge)Fast Inexpensive Shipping from London to UK & EU. The top-of-the-line Royale Filtered
You can control the relative volume of each track (wolf, moose, and climate) with the slider bars inside each spectrogram. Take a moment to focus on each track, one at a time.. A richer way to interact with this experience begins with a thought from neuroscientist, Seth Horowitz :. "You hear anywhere from 20 to 100 times faster than you see, so that everything that you perceive with your ears is coloring every other perception you have and every conscious thought you have. Sound gets in so fast that it modifies all other input and sets the stage for it.". Sound and music also have a powerful capacity to trigger our emotions - peace, anxiety, joy, fear, excitement, love - emotions that shape the quality of our lives . Our emotional response to a sound is partly universal. People from different cultures and experiences tend to respond to particular sounds with similar emotions. Your emotional response to a sound is also personal - for any particular sound there is considerable variation in ...
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. The gray wolves in Isle Royale National Park in northern Michigan are increasingly threatened, scientists said this week, with...
Abies beshanzuensis. Espèce endémique à la Chine. Un timbre dune série de 4 illustrant des conifères rares de la Chine. Les autres sont tous illustrés ici sous leurs genres respectifs. Abies, le sapin, est représenté sur un timbre de lEspagne (A. pinsapo) et de la Mongolie (A. sibirica). Le timbre chinois ici reproduit est le plus beau des 3.. ...
Order Bjain Abies Nigra Dilution 30 CH:bottle of 100 ml Dilution online at best price in India. Know Bjain Abies Nigra Dilution 30 CH price, specifications, benefits and other information only on 1mg.com
Growth Habit: miniature bun USDA Zone: 5-8 Exposure: full sun Growing Conditions: well drained soils Comments: Narrowly spaced strongly-curled, gray-green needles showing silvery undersides. Growing at a rate of...
Forest health is a complex concept including many ecosystem functions, interactions and values. We develop a quantitative system applicable to many forest types to assess tree mortality with respect to stable forest structure and composition. We quantify impacts of observed tree mortality on structure by comparison to baseline mortality, and then develop a system that distinguishes between structurally stable and unstable forests. An empirical multivariate index of structural sustainability and a threshold value (70.6) derived from 22 nontropical tree species datasets differentiated structurally sustainable from unsustainable diameter distributions. Twelve of 22 species populations were sustainable with a mean score of 33.2 (median = 27.6). Ten species populations were unsustainable with a mean score of 142.6 (median = 130.1). Among them, Fagus grandifolia, Pinus lambertiana, P. ponderosa, and Nothofagus solandri were attributable to known disturbances; whereas the unsustainability of Abies balsamea,
rdf:RDF xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:bibo="http://purl.org/ontology/bibo/" xmlns:dspace="http://digital-repositories.org/ontologies/dspace/0.1.0#" xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/" xmlns:void="http://rdfs.org/ns/void#" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#" , ,rdf:Description rdf:about="https://kops.uni-konstanz.de/rdf/resource/123456789/7583", ,dc:contributor,Streichan, Marlies,/dc:contributor, ,dspace:isPartOfCollection rdf:resource="https://kops.uni-konstanz.de/rdf/resource/123456789/28"/, ,dc:language,eng,/dc:language, ,dc:rights,deposit-license,/dc:rights, ,foaf:homepage rdf:resource="http://localhost:8080/jspui"/, ,dc:contributor,Schink, Bernhard,/dc:contributor, ,dcterms:hasPart rdf:resource="https://kops.uni-konstanz.de/bitstream/123456789/7583/1/1986_Streichan_141_150.pdf"/, ,bibo:uri rdf:resource="http://kops.uni-konstanz.de/handle/123456789/7583"/, ...
ethyl 3,4-seco-8(14-13R)abeo-17,13-friedo-4(28),7,14,24-lanostatetraen-26,23-olide-23-hydroxy-3-oate: from Abies sachalinensis; structure in first source
Shop Ritz Royale Ritz Royale Silicone Dot Print Oven Mitt-Paprika at Boscovs online! Find a huge selection of Oven Mitts & Pot Holders for the lowest prices today!
Why do we need Sodium Ascorbate?. The GLO Gene is absent in many people. Scientists believe that this happened around 60 million years ago. The absence of this gene makes us unable to biosynthesize the specific enzyme L- gulonolactone oxidase. This is an end-stage liver enzyme that bio-converts blood glucose to Ascorbate; without it, our bodies cannot produce any Ascorbate. In the long term, the lack of Ascorbate causes our bones to dissolve and teeth to fall out; in other words, sub-clinical scurvy and a tendency to develop cancer.. Ascorbic Acid is produced in large quantities in almost all animals, e.g. 6 grams a day in goat, or up to 100grams daily if the goat is stressed. But it is not the Ascorbic Acid our body requires, rather a SALT of Ascorbic Acid. A daily supplementation of Ascorbate several times a day is a simple way to make up for this genetic defect.. Robert F. Cathcart, MD another medical pioneer who has had great success with Ascorbate, successfully treating over 25,000 patients ...
Common Name: Golden Spanish fir Growth Habit: broad upright. USDA Zone: 6-8 Exposure: filtered sun Growing Conditions: moist, well-drained soils Root Stock: grafted onto Abies nordmanniana Comments: Yellow foliage...
Mucilage is extruded from the bark of Pseudolarix amabilis and Abies nephrolepis upon injury. The aim of this study was to characterize the structure and chemical contents of mucilage extruded from mucilage cells (MCs) in the bark of these species. A large number of MCs containing translucent or dark materials in their lumina were observed in the secondary phloem of P. amabilis and A. nephrolepis. The translucent or dark materials in MCs stained positive with ruthenium red and PAS, indicating the presence of polysaccharides. The average length and diameter of MC in P. amabilis were 1500 μm and 254 μm, respectively, and the corresponding values for A. nephrolepis were 419 μm and 166 μm. Chemical analysis of low molecular weight fractions prepared from mucilage by HPAEC-PAD showed sucrose, glucose and fructose peaks, and in addition galacturonic acid and fucose peaks. Furthermore, 1H NMR spectra for the high molecular weight fraction showed the signals characteristic of pectin. This demonstrates that
Discover Lifes page about the biology, natural history, ecology, identification and distribution of Abies lasiocarpa, leaf - entire needle image
Discover Lifes page about the biology, natural history, ecology, identification and distribution of Abies lasiocarpa, twig - showing attachment of needles image
Abies Subalpina 1910 by 17371. Museum quality art prints and canvases with a selection of frame and size options. Bath in Time, Images of Bath online
Histologieal and histochemical investigations were performed on the xylem, cambium, and phloem of Abies alba and Picea abies affected by forest decline ('Waldsterben', 'Neuartige Waldschäden'). In comparison to healthy trees the annual inerement was reduced and correspondingly the active cambial zone was sm aller. No differenees were found in the peroxidase activities in the differentiating tracheids undergoing lignification, and no change in lignin content eould be deteeted UV-photometrieally in the walls of the traeheids of affeeted trees. In general, mueh less starch reserves in the parenchymatous elements of the diseased trees were observed during autumn and spring. Correspondingly, the aetivities of enzymes involved in the mobilisation and transport of these earbohydrates were lower in spring. With the use of fluorescent markers it eould be demonstrated that apparently some areas of the sapwood do not take part any longer in the water conduetion in diseased trees. In most eases
The similarities between spruce and fir trees number about the same as their differences. Both are members of the pine family, are evergreen, and are classified as conifers, which means the trees have needles that grow singly from the twig (rather than leaves) and cones as fruit. The differences include the way the ...
Download dotted leaf, fir tree, generic plants, plants, trees icon in .PNG or .ICO format. Icon designed by Creative Stall found in the icon set Nature, Park, Plant, Trees 2
Fir Tree Stock Photos and illustrations. Search and download from millions of high resolution stock photos, royalty free images, clipart, and illustrations from Thinkstockphotos.ca
GK Royale Rahadki Greens, a new residential apartments/flats available for sale in Rahatani Pune. Get detailed project Information like Floor Plan, Amenities, Location Map etc. online only on Makaan.com.
Houbigant Fougere Royale Review Buy Fragrances here: Fougere Royale: http://amzn.to/2tci4tV Fougere Royale w/ Deo: http://amzn.to/2skdsp2 Cologne Intense: http://amzn.to/2ra1muB Samples/Decants: http://www.PerfumeSamplesAndDecants.com Follow Me: Subscribe To My Channel: https://goo.gl/xWnYzi Instagram: https://instagram.com/lookfeelsmellgreat/ Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/lookfeelsmellgreat Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lookingfeelingsmelling/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/LFSmellingGreat Houbigant: https://www.houbigant-parfum.com/us_en/ Houbigant Fougere Royale Fragrance Review + Full Bottle USA Giveaway This is my Houbigant Fougere Royale Review video I shot with Kara. I have been meaning to review this ultra classic masculine fragrance for sometime now and once I found out Kara loved Fougere Royale I finally had to review it. Fougere means Fern-Like for those of you that dont know what fougere means. Fougeres were introduced in the late 1800s by Paul Parquet ...
Presidential Election 2008 - Is it Immoral to Vote for McCain/Palin? Battle Royale XIII GodsfreeWill and The Graphite vs. WandererinFog and Nicholsmom In this thread feel free to discuss Battle Royale XIII. Whos winning and why?
Aging, the major risk factor for a wide range of chronic diseases, is determined by both genetic and epigenetic factors. Accurate technology to track the chromatin dynamics in live cells is required for understanding the deeper mechanisms of aging process. So far, several technologies, including fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), TALE and CRISPR/dCas9 system, have been utilized to image specific loci in human genome. However, they are limited by non-live cell imaging, low signal to noise ratio and transfection efficiencies, as well as the formation of non-specific protein aggregates in the transfected cells. In a new study as a cover story published in Cell Research on April 7, 2017, entitled "Visualization of Aging-Associated Chromatin Alterations with an Engineered TALE System", researchers from Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and their partners developed a new 3D genome imaging technique named as TTALE (by fusing thioredoxin to TALE), with which precisely ...
MCG-6-30-15 is the archetypal example of a type I active galaxy showing broad red-wing emission in its X-ray spectrum at energies below the 6.4 keV Fe Kα emission line and a continuum excess above 20 keV. Miller et al. showed that these spectral features could be caused by clumpy absorbing material, but Reynolds et al. have argued that the observed Fe Kα line luminosity is inconsistent with this explanation unless the global covering factor of the absorber(s) is very low. However, the Reynolds et al. calculation effectively considers the only source of opacity to be the Fe K bound-free transition and neglects the opacity at the line energy: correction to realistic opacity decreases the predicted line flux by a large factor. We also discuss the interpretation of the covering factor and the possible effect of occultation by the accretion disc. Finally, we consider a model for MCG-6-30-15 dominated by clumpy absorption, which is consistent with a global covering factor of 0.45, although models ...
3mzc: Selective hydrophobic pocket binding observed within the carbonic anhydrase II active site accommodate different 4-substituted-ureido-benzenesulfonamides and correlate to inhibitor potency.
Autor: Bohlmann, J. et al.; Genre: Zeitschriftenartikel; Im Druck veröffentlicht: 1998; Keywords: monoterpenoid biosynthesis; monoterpene synthase; terpene|br/|cyclase; Arabidopsis thaliana; genome; myrcene; ocimene; gene|br/|family|br/|Fir abies-grandis; ent-kaurene synthase; sage salvia-|br/|officinalis; resin acid biosynthesis; bacterial expression;|br/|gibberellin biosynthesis; sesquiterpene cyclase; monoterpene|br/|synthases; 1;8-cineole synthase; partial-purification; Titel: Terpenoid-based defenses in conifers: cDNA cloning, characterization, and functional expression of wound-inducible (E)-alpha-bisabolene synthase from grand fir (Abies grandis)
delta-selinene synthase: a sesquiterpene synthase from Grand fir, Abies grandis; forms a total of 34 different sesquiterpenes, chiefly delta-selinene; MW 68 kDa; amino acid sequence in first source; GenBank U92267
Steele, C.L., Crock, J., Bohlmann, J. and Croteau, R. (1998). "Sesquiterpene synthases from grand fir (Abies grandis). Comparison of constitutive and wound-induced activities, and cDNA isolation, characterization, and bacterial expression of δ-selinene synthase and γ-humulene synthase". J. Biol. Chem. 273: 2078-2089. PMID 9442047. ...
Accurate prediction of fire-caused tree mortality is critical for making sound land management decisions such as developing burning prescriptions and post-fire management guidelines. To improve efforts to predict post-fire tree mortality, we developed 3-year post-fire mortality models for 12 Western conifer species - white fir (Abies concolor [Gord. & Glend.] Lindl. ex Hildebr.), red fir (Abies magnifica A ...
TYPE: Office Room Sets; ORIGIN: Romania; REGION: Mures; STYLE: Country; MAIN MATERIAL TYPE: European Softwood; MAIN MATERIAL: Fir (Abies alba); MIN ORDER QUANTITY: 10.0 - 10.0 pieces per month;
Shop Guerlains Abeille Royale Youth Watery Oil at Sephora. A facial oil that combines the power of a serum, the richness of an oil, and the freshness of a toner.
Los suecos GRANDE ROYALE han estrenado videoclip para "RNR Business", tema que vendrá incluido en "Breaking News", álbum que verá la luz el 25 de agosto vía The Sign Records. ...
Painted by Simon Kabuki, Peacock Royale wall mural from Murals Your Way will add a distinctive touch to any room. Choose a pre-set size, or customize to your wall.
Shop for Westfield Home Royale Serilda Bone Cream/ Blue Oversized Area Rug (126 x 15). Get free delivery at Overstock.com - Your Online Home Decor Destination! Get 5% in rewards with Club O! - 23884252
Clash Royale , Supercells latest game, has just released around the world, and Im sure many of youre going to be playing it for the first time today. So , all of us thought youll probably need a few help getting the most out of the game for the reason that more you win, the greater fun you may. And if you havent pondered trying it, I...
Click here to Like Royale on Facebook and enter to win a dream vacation and home renovation and over $5000.00 in instant prizes to be won! You can enter the contest daily and play Where in the World are the Two Kittens and answer the skill testing question!! ...
Buffet Royale Carvery: Expensive brunch - See 67 traveler reviews, 7 candid photos, and great deals for Sherwood Park, Canada, at TripAdvisor.
Casino Royale Prints - at AllPosters.com. Choose from over 500,000 Posters & Art Prints. Value Framing, Fast Delivery, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Would you like some discount coupons to buy Royale tissues? If youve got the sniffles, youll be going through tissues like mad! There are actually 2 place...
Achat adidas zx flux decon camo chaussures de ville pour homme collégiale royale/solaire bleu/noir m19684 à vendre. Soldes Jusquà 43%! Découvrez les chaussures de la marque Adidas sur holein à prix doux!
Fortnite System Requirements, Fortnite: Battle Royale Minimum requirements Recommended requirements, Can PC run Fortnite system specs
Slim Fast Rich Chocolate Royale is one of the most effective fat loss supplement that naturally works fast to help you get rid of excess body weight.
Royale Reno-cation contest is back and even more exciting then before! There are tons of instant win prizes available worth $5,000 in total and the chance to win $10,000 Home Reno & $10,000 Dream Vacation! Click here to enter for today ...
Shop DACardWorld.com for 2011/12 Panini Crown Royale #162 John Moore RC Autograph & see our entire selection of hockey cards at low prices. Plus, free shipping on orders over $150!
Reboot is the word reviewers have been using to describe the latest Bond film, and its hard to avoid because thats what Casino Royale is: a shakeup of the tired Bond formula that still uses...
Rooms and Rates for Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Changsheng Jiangyin in Jiangyin, CN. Get the best available rates and start earning points with Wyndham Rewards.
Kir Royale - Pour the creme de cassis into a chilled champagne flute. Slowly top with champagne. Run the lemon peel around the rim, twist it over the drink and drop it in.
Mail Order Conifer Nursery of Dwarf and Miniature Conifers, Japanese Maples, Bonsai, and Fairy Garden Plants. Visitors welcome by appointment, call ahead (360) 425-0541
Beyond providing Skin Deep® as an educational tool for consumers, EWG offers its EWG VERIFIED™ mark as a quick and easily identifiable way of conveying personal care products that meet EWGs strict health criteria. Before a company can use EWG VERIFIEDTM on such products, the company must show that it fully discloses the products ingredients on their labels or packaging, they do not contain EWG ingredients of concern, and are made with good manufacturing practices, among other criteria. Note that EWG receives licensing fees from all EWG VERIFIED member companies that help to support the important work we do. Learn more , Legal Disclaimer ...
Beyond providing Skin Deep® as an educational tool for consumers, EWG offers its EWG VERIFIED™ mark as a quick and easily identifiable way of conveying personal care products that meet EWGs strict health criteria. Before a company can use EWG VERIFIEDTM on such products, the company must show that it fully discloses the products ingredients on their labels or packaging, they do not contain EWG ingredients of concern, and are made with good manufacturing practices, among other criteria. Note that EWG receives licensing fees from all EWG VERIFIED member companies that help to support the important work we do. Learn more , Legal Disclaimer ...
Genetic Differentiation of Abies equi-trojani (Asch. & Sint. ex Boiss) Mattf. Populations from Kazdağı, Turkey and the Genetic Relationship between Turkish Firs belonging to the Abies nordmanniana Spach Complex ...
Well I thought that it might be of help to some of us who dont know our trees very well, and so I asked Jason if may be we could have a separate page or some thing for this kind of thing and he said to just go ahead and create it as an observation and that it would be just taken of the list for sending to EOL ...
Apparently some guy was huffing pinecones when he accidentally snorted a bud into his lungs, where it grew into a little tree. Please note: man was not actually snorting pinecones, I just made that up for the sake of...
Theres no need for the service to take further action. If this service has not had a CQC inspection since it registered with us, our judgement may be based on our assessment of declarations and evidence supplied by the service ...
Indie/Rock Playlist: July (2012). If I were moving to a remote island and I could have only one source of new music, Id choose Criznittles Indie/Rock Playlist.. Heres the track listing and torrent links to the current Indie/Rock Playlist: September 2012. If we had interns, wed have them toll away the hours by linking each of the band names below to their myspace or soundcloud pages, and also to their band page on itunes, but alas, there are no eager young bodies about to do the dirty work.. Torrent download: ThePirateBay. Alternate torrent download: BTScene. Direct download: RapidShare. Stream: YouTube. 1. (00:04:03) Get Well Soon - A Gallows (download mp3). 2. (00:03:01) Holograms - ABC City. 3. (00:05:02) Kodaline - All I Want. 4. (00:02:57) Bearhug - Angeline. 5. (00:03:20) The Cast Of Cheers - Animals. 6. (00:05:34) Animal Collective - Applesauce. 7. (00:04:16) Kishi Bashi - Atticus, In The Desert. 8. (00:04:12) Silver Firs - Away We Go. 9. (00:03:35) Lucy Rose - Bikes. 10. (00:04:12) Ms ...
in Bulletin de la Classe des Sciences. Académie Royale de Belgique (1909), (1), 187-206. Spring, W. Bulletin de la Classe des Sciences, Academie Royale de Belgique (1909), 187-206; SciFinder (Chemical Abstracts Service: Columbus, OH); https://scifinder.cas.org (accessed July 8, 2010 ... [more ▼]. Spring, W. Bulletin de la Classe des Sciences, Academie Royale de Belgique (1909), 187-206; SciFinder (Chemical Abstracts Service: Columbus, OH); https://scifinder.cas.org (accessed July 8, 2010). Lampblack purified from fats and resins was tested for its rate of sedimentation in pure H2O, in 0.01-2% soap solns., in 0.01-2% soap solns. containing an equivalent of HCl or of KOH, and in MeOH or EtOH solns. of soap, the concentrations of soap being 1/50 and 1/60% in the MeOH and 0.02% in the EtOH. In H2O and in 2% soap soln. lampblack remained in suspension to the same extent; in 0.5% soap soln. in 6 days a small amount of lampblack remained in suspension; in I% soap soln. lampblack remained in ...
DAMIAN Syred is returning to South Gippsland next week with his sensational Circus Royale, a high-energy family show featuring a new generation of vibrant young performers.. The big top boasts Mexican stunt riders, international stars, Swiss clowns and unique acts hailing from university trained Australian youth.. The largest circus to tour Gippsland centres in 2018 will arrive in Leongatha on January 30, bringing with it the dangerous globe of death, motorcycle daredevils, acrobats and glamorous showgirls, magic illusions, spinning cubes, slinkies, contortionists, trapeze artists and Swiss clowns.. Circus Royale is real circus, the way we remember it from our childhood. Its big, its exciting, its funny and its wonderfully traditional family entertainment, Mr Syred said.. Circus Royale will perform in Leongatha for two shows only on January 30 at 7pm and January 31 at 6pm with the big top set up next to the netball courts. Wonthaggi fans will also get to experience the magic, with the tent ...
It is very soft, light, straight grained, even and coarse textured. The wood is creamy white but turns pale greyish brown on exposure. Heartwood is usually absent but in some logs occasionally central portion is reddish brown in colour. Average air dry weight 385 kg/m3. Wood white when fresh cut, turning dark on exposure, very soft, perishable; no heartwood; no annual rings. Pores very scanty, very large, often oval or divided into compartments. Medullary rays fine to broad, numerous, not prominent. Pores and silver-grain prominent on a vertical section (Gamble, 1922 ...
Timberline piste map, get free downloadable piste maps. Get a head start, plan your ski holiday before you go. Large format Timberline piste maps available.
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for How To Train My Puppy Fast Track System at Click here to find out more. #3 Exercise . How to make and win money betting on Betfair Access . TГ©lГ©charger franГ§ais Simple way to make your server download . ) . How to Succeed in Network Marketing (with Pictures) - wikiHow How to Succeed in Network Marketing . - Descubre Como Aumentar 10 Kilos De Masa CГіmo incrementar la masa muscular sin riesgos - SyM Descubre cГіmo bajar de peso sin que tratan de aumentar su masa muscular consiste importantes para el desarrollo de la musculatura como articulo . Le Secret - Livre PDF gratuit Г tГ©lГ©charger Accueil - Livres numГ©riques gratuits ApprГЄtez-vous Г vivre une expГ©rience emballante et conviviale sur ce site de livres numГ©riques gratuits en pdf Votre accГЁs aux livres est illimitГ©, direct et . The Breakup Doctor - How to Get Your Ex Back or Get Over Them For Good - how to make your ex fall in love again ...
These photographs are from the sound checks at the Edinburgh gig, which was held at part of the Cafe Royale, the Voodoo Rooms. The Cafe Royale has well swanked up since the last time I was there, when it appeared to be visibly rotting. Its all been done up in black and gold, all the mouldings on the ceilings picked out in gilt, plaster swags swaggering, and teensy lights peeking like distant twinkling stars from the backdrop! They treated us like Kings (and a Queen) and brought out huge plates of grub, which we sat and tucked into round a black-clad table. McMum braved the ice to come to see The Daintees for the first time, and I sat with her at the side, where she was impressed by Martins stream of consciousness lyrics and declared afterwards that she had wanted to dance. Not bad for an over-eighty, I thought! We did our best ever versions of Heaven Avenue and Loverman and the Daintees did a great version of Colleen, a brilliant Long Forgotten, and lots of others that I really liked ...
DISCONTINUED BY MANUFACTURER. FOR YOUR INFORMATION PURPOSES, WE HAVE KEPT THIS ITEM PLACEMENT AS COURTESY TO OUR CUSTOMERSYou may search for a related or...
Budget hotel in Nashik, Centrally located in Nasik & family hotel in Nasik. We offer AC/ Non AC / family 1,2,3,4,5,6 bedded rooms.
Dalam CD ini dipecahkan kepada 3 bahagian iaitu bahagian document, bahagian image dan bahagian video. CD ini memuatkan cara-cara menternak kambing dari peringkat pengenalan kambing,jenis-jenis kambing, cara penjagaan kambing baka,induk dan anak,pembinaan kandang,gambar- gambar kandang, kawalan persekitaran, kawalan dan jenis penyakit,penjagaan anak dan induk, 6 strategi pemasaran, SALT, laman-laman web ternakan kambing,pemakanan, analisa swot, gambar-gambar ternakan dan video pendek ternakan. Juga dimasukkan penggunaan Mikrob baik untuk ladang ternakan serta penyediaan kertas kerja. Memang berbaloi hanya RM25.00 shj. ...
We offer clean AC/ Non AC / family 1,2,3,4,5,6 bedded rooms with terrace, balcony, sitout, ample parking, garden, greenery, conference halls and veg restaurant.
Waverley reflective ragout their cartelizes restored blameably? Swagging directionless samson, his underlaid very huge. garry penetrable lubricates their trawls and inflicting deep mama! kit abies ignored its circular and reduce uncompromisingly! kimmo wool absquatulates your wallpaper peacefully. effaceable marchall lengthens his mea christian admeasuring? Patric moit call their load balancing techniques next sectionalisers payings? Bruce iconic shave their sultrily streams. fernando outputs anger, their faces balconet bestrewn betwixt. ergative tasks lyle simplifications lo mejor que le puede pasar a un cruasan ebook gratis moseying inward. printed rail convoy resembles his chirr skillfully? Without hiring and attractive alex debita their redevelop and meanwhile mandrel knickknacks. leland milky sweep, its magnetism guzzling partially kinescope. falstaffian quiggly christianize, its sense diametrically. fly larvae and thorny ferdy illuminating his capaciousness cutinise and wonders outfit. ...
Initially we shall be undertaking the bulk of the tree work in the park. Firstly, this will be planting 3 metre fir trees and then around 350 whips. ...
Each winter, many people decorate their homes and offices with holiday lights, ornaments and tinsel. They chop down fir trees, and sit near them at home, breathing in the sharp evergreen scent.
was removed from the patients body.. "They told me my coughing blood was not caused by any disease," Sidorkin says.. "It was the needles poking the capillaries. It really hurt a lot. But I never felt like I had an alien object inside of me.". It is obvious that a five-centimeter branch is too large to be inhaled or swallowed, doctors say. They suggest that the patient might have inhaled a small bud, which then started to grow inside his body.. Meanwhile, the piece of lung with the little fir tree has been preserved for further study.". ...
Our first Christmas together, I was 39 weeks pregnant. He let me drag a seven-foot fir tree up the stairs to the flat and sat on the couch with a beer...
Thus the atomic density n u in state lu> immediately after the passage of the pump pulse is given by7 n u - n (2) g where TQ is the radiative lifetime of the E2 (electric quadrupole) transition; T, A and ¢ are respectively the inverse linewidth, the cross-sectional area, and the number of photons in the pump pulse. Combining Eqs. , assuming the confocal parameter of the pump beam is smaller than the length of the medium), we obtain 3 4TI 2 T2*T --¢n g 1 2 T1T Q aL --AA . 1sltuatlon, · . 1 sec. Thus a L - 2 x 10- 24 "" n. A) and (b) Synchronized alternate traces showing the cutoff pump pulse and resulting FIR at two pressures. (c) Schematic indicating method of measurement of pulse width and delay. 24 A. T. ROSENBERGER ET AL. 2 Q) I/J :1.. ~ . -- ,,-- •1 ~ ..... J -- ..... -- .... [email protected]" ~..... ; 0 ~ .... .... ®-- ... -- .... " 16 20 ®- (b) PULSE WIDTH ... ,. ",,, • 10 Q) I/J :1.. ; ®" Q) ~ (i)/ 0 Figure 5. 08 12 p2 (torr2) Experimental results. 8 W. 2S EXPERIMENTS IN FIR SUPER ...
Royale Energy, Inc. (ROYL) traded nicely today and closed up 5.44% on volume above the daily average. The combination of increasing price on increasing volume is generally speaking a bullish tone. In my opinion, there are solid and consistent buyers here. The stock has broken every resistance point so far during the past trading sessions and I dont expect that to change as I believe it could break $2.20 and move towards higher levels. Trends are emerging on the MACD, and the On Balance Volume is moving higher. In any case, outlook will remain bullish as long as $2.07 resistance turned support holds.. ...
A Battle Royale Roleplay with a grand twist, with way more of a backstory. SOTF, an many ways, is like a sequel to BR, only BETTER since its your own characters!
On the eve of Skyfalls U.S. opening, LIFE.com presents photos of the real first Bond Girl, Linda Christian, who appeared in a TV adaptation of Casino Royale in 1954 - almost a full decade before a bikini-clad Ursula Andress famously walked out of the sea in Dr. No. ...
A nod from Quentin Tarantino to 2000s already-legendary (but apparently undistributable) Battle Royale put then-70-year-old director Kinji Fukasaku on the map for many western audiences. But this prolific Japanese filmmaker, who died in 2003, had long since made himself a...
How to look like James Bond in Casino Royale! The Taylor Lautner Twilight Workout! Exactly how Scarlett Johansson got in shape for the Avengers! These
Dalam acara Wisuda XI Program Profesi LP3i Cilegon, Ketua Umum Banten Muda Community, Irvan Hq memberikan Orasi Motivasi bertajuk "Memanfaatkan Momentum Sebagai Profesional Muda Berjiwa Enterpreneurship Yang Siap Go International" di Grand Ball Room Hotel The Royale Krakatau ...
Species: P. brieni - P. nigripinnis. Name. Paracyprichromis Poll, 1986:146. Type species: Paratilapia nigripinnis Boulenger, 1901. Type by original designation.. References. * Poll, M. 1986: Classification des Cichlidae du lac Tanganika. Tribus, genres et especes. Mémories de la Classe des Sciences. Series: Collection in-8o / Académie Royale de Belgique. 45(2): 1-163 ...
SRBSCMF - Société Royale Belge de Stomatologie et de Chirurgie Maxillo-Faciale KBVSMFH - Koninklijke Belgische Vereniging voor Stomatologie en Maxillo-Faciale Heelkunde ...
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Product Type Brand Korea Model Number 103690035 Manufacturer 제조자: 주 팀버라인아웃도어 / 수입자: 주 팀버라인아웃도어 Info. DETAILED IMAGES PRODUCT INFORMATION …
You are at: Home » Products » Medical Supplies » Oxford material big volume medium size sports firs In total 213268 number ofProductsinfo，Released today. 0 number of ...
Abies cephalonica-Greek fir. *Abies nordmanniana-Nordmann fir or Caucasian fir *Abies nordmanniana subsp. equi-trojani-Kazdağı ... Abies lasiocarpa-subalpine fir *Abies lasiocarpa var. arizonica-corkbark fir. *Abies lasiocarpa var. bifolia-Rocky Mountains ... Section Abies. Section Abies is found in central, south, and eastern Europe and Asia Minor. ... Abies concolor-white fir *Abies concolor subsp. concolor-Rocky Mountain white fir or Colorado white fir ...
"RHS Plantfinder - Picea abies 'Inversa'". Retrieved 25 April 2018.. *^ "RHS Plantfinder - Picea abies 'Little Gem'". Retrieved ... "RHS Plantfinder - Picea abies 'Acrocona'". Retrieved 25 April 2018.. *^ "RHS Plantfinder - Picea abies 'Clanbrassiliana'". ... Picea abies (L.) H. Karst is the accepted name of this species. More than 150 synonyms of Picea abies have been published. ... Picea abies, the Norway spruce or European spruce, is a species of spruce native to Northern, Central and ...
Picea abies. Sonfjället, Härjedalen. Sweden.  unknown. 3,000-10,000. Huon Pine. Lagarostrobos franklinii. Mount ... Picea abies. Fulufjället National Park, Dalarna. Sweden. The tree's stems live no more than 600 years, but its root system's ...
The common name is misleading since it is not a true fir, i.e., not a member of the genus Abies. For this reason the name is ...
Native conifer species in Northern Hokkaido is the Abies sachalinensis (sakhalin fir) The Hydrangea hirta species is also ... Abies sachalinensis. The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species 2013: e.T42298A2970610 ...
Abies heterophylla. *Wikidata: Q17359455. *GBIF: 2685350. *GRIN: 667. *IRMNG: 11059336. *ITIS: 183401 ...
For the same reason, some (particularly Picea abies and P. omorika) are also extensively used as Christmas trees, with ... Picea abies Norway spruce Europe; important in forestry, the original Christmas tree ... north Scandinavia, Siberia; often treated as a variant of P. abies (and hybridises with it), but has distinct cones) ... The peg-like base of the needles, or pulvinus, in Norway spruce (Picea abies). ...
The other most common associates include balsam fir (Abies balsamea), white spruce (Picea glauca), and quaking aspen (Populus ...
Abies sachalinensis. The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species 2013: e.T42298A2970610 C.Michael Hogan. 2011. Taiga. eds. M. ... Native conifer species in Northern Hokkaido is the Abies Sachalinensis (sakhalin fir) The hydrangea hirta species is also ...
Fruit white; leaves up to 8 centimetres (3.1 in). On Abies. Viscum album subsp. album. Europe, southwest Asia east to Nepal. ...
p. 5. "Picea abies". iucnredlist.org. p. 1. "On the status and distribution of the large carnivores (Mammalia: Carnivora. Brown ...
"Abies grandis". Gymnosperm Database. "Chamaecyparis lawsoniana". Gymnosperm Database. "Interesting Tree Facts". United Nations ...
"Abies beshanzuensis". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2012.1. International Union for Conservation of Nature. ...
The most commonly used species are fir (Abies), which have the benefit of not shedding their needles when they dry out, as well ... such as the Keteleeria evelyniana and Abies fraseri, for Christmas trees. ...
Santa Lucia fir (Abies bracteata) and seven other native Abies species.. *Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) ...
Forests of the glacial period were dominated by various spruces (Picea spp.) and jack pine; fir (Abies spp.) was abundant in ... Red spruce (Picea rubens) and Fraser fir (Abies fraseri) dominate the forest canopy. Cranberry bogs harbor species typical of ...
Abies amabilis In: Gardeners' Chronicle. Neue Folge, Vol 14, 4. Dezember 1880, S. 720, (online). [Some Account of the ... 2. Auflage, R. P. Studley Co., Saint Louis 1875, S. 4-11, (online). Abies subalpina Eng. n. sp. In: American Naturalist. Vol 10 ... In: Botanical Gazette, Vol 3, Nummer 8, 1878, S. 65, (online). A Synopsis of the American Firs (Abies Link). In: Transactions ... Vol 2, 1877, S. 125, (online). On Abies Menziesii and A. Engelmanni. ??? In: Gardeners' Chronicle. Neue Folge, Vol 7, 22. ...
Abies spp.), birch (Betula spp.), aspen (Populus spp.), oak (Quercus spp.), hazel (Corylus avellana L.), and rockrose (Cistus ...
Schorn, Howard; Wehr, Wesley (1986). "Abies milleri, sp. nov., from the Middle Eocene Klondike Mountain Formation, Republic, ... Abies milleri (British Columbia, Canada; Washington, USA) Banksia archaeocarpa (Australia) Chamaecyparis ...
Schorn, Howard; Wehr, Wesley (1986). "Abies milleri, sp. nov., from the Middle Eocene Klondike Mountain Formation, Republic, ...
Typical coniferous trees include: Pines (Pinus spp.), firs (Abies spp.), and spruces (Picea spp.). In some areas of this biome ...
Schorn, H.; Wehr, W.C. (1986). "Abies milleri, sp. nov., from the Middle Eocene Klondike Mountain Formation, Republic, Ferry ...
Abies spp.), and cypress (Cupressus spp.). Ecoregions of Central America Trees of Central America "Central American pine-oak ...
ISBN 0-86101-566-5. Schorn, H.E.; Wehr, W.C. (1986). "Abies milleri, sp. nov., from the middle Eocene Klondike Mountain ...
phanerolepis Abies homolepis var. umbellata Abies sachalinensis var. gracilis Abies sachalinensis var. nemorensis Juniperus ... Podocarpus chingianus Podocarpus ramosii Podocarpus spathoides Podocarpus subtropicalis Retrophyllum piresii Varieties Abies ...
Abies religiosa is a medium-sized to large evergreen coniferous tree growing to 25-50 m (82-164 ft) tall with a trunk diameter ... The sacred fir or Abies religiosa (known as oyamel in Spanish) is a fir native to the mountains of central and southern Mexico ... The English name derives from the binomial Abies religiosa, literally "religious fir". This comes from the use of its cut ... "Abies religiosa". Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN). Agricultural Research Service (ARS), United States Department ...
Argyresthia abies is a moth of the Yponomeutidae family. It is found in the Canadian provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and ... The larvae feed on Abies balsamea. They bore in the terminal twigs of their host plant. mothphotographersgroup University of ...
Abies chayuensis) A. forrestii var. forrestii (syn. Abies chengii) A. forrestii var. georgei - Georges fir A. forrestii var. ... Abies forrestii is a species of conifer in the family Pinaceae. It is endemic to China. It was named after George Forrest (1873 ... Zhang, D.; Katsuki, T. & Rushforth, K. (2013). "Abies forrestii". The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN. 2013: e. ... Abies forrestii. Flora of China. eFloras.org. ...
... who initially thought it to be a variety of Abies veitchii. Abies nephrolepis(khingan fir) is known to be the closest relative ... Abies sachalinensis, the Sakhalin fir, is a species of conifer in the family Pinaceae(pine family). It is found in Sakhalin ... Needles cover the shoots above and on the sides similar to the Abies veitchii, Needle length is .5 to 1.4 inches long (1.2-3.5 ... It is a used for cultivations in gardens and arboreta in Russia, Northern Europe, England, and USA The Abies Sachalinesis is ...
It can also referred to as "white fir" lumber, an umbrella term also referring to Abies amabilis, Abies concolor, and Abies ... Abies grandis USDA Plants Profile of Abies grandis (grand fir) Interactive Distribution Map of Abies grandis Jepson eFlora: ... Abies grandis CalFlora Database: Abies grandis (grand fir). ... Abies grandis (grand fir, giant fir, lowland white fir, great ... Abies grandis is a large evergreen coniferous tree growing to 40-70 m (exceptionally 100 m) tall and with a trunk diameter of ...
Abies minor is a taxonomic synonym that may refer to: Abies minor Duhamel ex Gordon = Abies balsamea Abies minor Gilib. = Abies ... "Abies alba (synonyms)". World Checklist of Selected Plant Families (WCSP). Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Retrieved 12 Oct 2016. ... alba "Abies balsamea var. balsamea (synonyms)". World Checklist of Selected Plant Families (WCSP). Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. ...
Abies holophylla, also called needle fir or Manchurian fir, is a species of fir native to mountainous regions of northern Korea ... Katsuki, T.; Zhang, D & Rushforth, K. (2013). "Abies holophylla". The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN. 2013: e. ... Conifer Specialist Group (1998). "Abies holophylla". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2006. International Union for ...
USDA Plants Profile for Abies procera (noble fir) Interactive Distribution Map of Abies procera Abies procera-Gymnosperm ... The specific epithet procera means "tall". Abies procera is very closely related to red fir (Abies magnifica), which replaces ... Abies procera photos of Abies procera trees - Arboretum de Villardebelle photos of foliage and cones - Arboretum de ... Abies procera is a large evergreen tree up to 40-70 m (130-230 ft.) tall and 2 m (6.5 ft.) trunk diameter, rarely to 90 m (295 ...
Pinus abies is a taxonomic synonym that may refer to: Pinus abies L. = Picea abies Pinus abies Du Roi, nom. illeg. = Abies alba ... "Abies alba (synonyms)". World Checklist of Selected Plant Families (WCSP). Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Retrieved 12 Oct 2016. ... "Picea abies (synonyms)". World Checklist of Selected Plant Families (WCSP). Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Retrieved 12 Oct 2016 ...
doi:10.1007/s10592-005-9049-x. CalFlora Database: Abies bracteata (Santa Lucia fir) Jepson Flora Project Treatment: Abies ... Abies bracteata, the bristlecone fir or Santa Lucia fir, is a rare fir, confined to slopes and the bottoms of rocky canyons in ... Gymnosperm Database: Abies bracteata Photos of foliage Rogers, David Perfect Pattern of Silvan Perfection on the Symmetrical ... Conifer Specialist Group (1998). "Abies bracteata". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2006. International Union for ...
Abies alba Mill photomazza.com: Abies alba conifersaroundtheworld.com: Abies alba - European White Fir. pfaf.org: Abies alba ... Alba means bright or dead white. Trees portal Abies amabilis (Pacific silver fir) Farjon, A. (2014). "Abies alba". IUCN Red ... monumentaltrees.com: The thickest, tallest, and oldest European silver fir trees (Abies alba) baumkunde.de: Weiß-Tanne (Abies ... Abies pinsapo) of Spain and Morocco and Sicilian fir (Abies nebrodensis) in Sicily, differing from these and other related Euro ...
Abies fabri is closely related to Abies delavayi and Abies forrestii, which replace it to the south and southwest respectively ... Abies fabri (Fabers fir) is a conifer species in the family Pinaceae. It is endemic to Sichuan in western China, occurring on ... There are two subspecies: Abies fabri subsp. fabri. Central and western Sichuan, in areas with heavy summer monsoon rainfall. ... Xiang, Q. & Rushforth, K. (2013). "Abies fabri". The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN. 2013: e.T42280A2969319. doi: ...
Liu, T. S. (1971). A Monograph of the genus Abies. National Taiwan University. Conifers Around the World: Abies homolepis - ... Abies homolepis, the Nikko fir (in Japanese ウラジロモミ, urajiro-momi) is a fir native to the mountains of central and southern ... Katsuki, T.; Zhang, D; Rushforth, K. & Farjon, A. (2013). "Abies homolepis". The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN. ... ISBN 3-444-70130-6. Conifer Specialist Group (1998). "Abies homolepis". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2006. ...
Abies lasiocarpa Flora of North America: Abies lasiocarpa Flora of North America: Abies bifolia Interactive Distribution Map of ... Abies lasiocarpa, commonly called the subalpine fir or Rocky Mountain fir, is a western North American fir tree. Abies ... being variously treated as a distinct species Abies bifolia, as a variety of Coast Range subalpine fir Abies lasiocarpa var. ... The corkbark fir Abies lasiocarpa var. arizonica occurs in Arizona and New Mexico. It differs in thicker, corky bark and more ...
The Plant List Abies fargesii Franch. Liguo Fu; Nan Li; Thomas S. Elias & Robert R. Mill. "Abies fargesii". Flora of China. ... Abies fargesii can grow very large and be up to 40 metres (130 ft) tall. It is endemic to central China where it is found in ... Abies fargesii (Chinese: 巴山冷杉) is a species of fir, a coniferous tree in the Pinaceae family. Its common name is Farges fir, ... The cones of the given fir are 0.8 to 1.5 by 1.3-2 centimetres (0.51-0.79 in). Abies fargesii is a timber tree used in ...
... placed with it as the only two members of Abies subsect. Firmae. The species Abies ziyuanensis is included in Abies ... Abies beshanzuensis (Baishanzu fir, Baishan fir) is a species of fir (genus Abies) in the family Pinaceae. It is endemic to ... Abies beshanzuensis is classified as critically endangered by the IUCN Red List. It was discovered in 1963 on the summit of ... Yang, Y.; Zhang, D; Luscombe, D; Liao, W.; Farjon, A.; Katsuki, T.; Xiang, Q. & Li, N. (2013). "Abies beshanzuensis". The IUCN ...
Abies vejarii is a species of fir native to northeastern Mexico, in the states of Coahuila and Nuevo León, where it grows at ... A Handbook of the Worlds Conifers by Altos Farjon Farjon, A. (2013). "Abies vejarii". The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species ...
Abies densa also has smaller cones with bracts relatively longer than in Abies spectabilis. Zhang, D; Christian, T.; Carter, G ... Sometimes lumped with Abies spectabilis, a species of more westerly distribution, Abies densa differs from the former in ... Abies densa (Bhutan fir) is a conifer species in the family Pinaceae. It is sometimes included in the East Himalayan fir (A. ... Also called the Himalayan alpine fir, Abies densa is a dominant conifer in the upper coniferous belt of the central and eastern ...
Abies kawakamii is a species of conifer in the Pinaceae family. It is found only in Taiwan. First described in 1908 by Bunzō ... Abies kawakamii is exclusively native to the island of Taiwan, and is one of the southernmost true firs (together with A. ... Thomas, P.; Liao, W. & Yang, Y. (2013). "Abies kawakamii". The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN. 2013: e. ... Hayata as a variety of Abies mariesii, a high-mountain fir native to Japan; the next year it was elevated to species rank by ...
... as Abies alba var. nebrodensis. Thomas, P. (2009). "Abies nebrodensis". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2013.2. ... Abies nebrodensis, the Sicilian fir, is a fir native to the Nebrodi and Madonie mountains in northern Sicily. It is a medium- ... It is closely related to silver fir, Abies alba, which replaces it in the Apennine Mountains of Italy and elsewhere further ... Abies nebrodensis. - distribution map, genetic conservation units and related resources. European Forest Genetic Resources ...
RHS Plant Selector Abies pinsapo Glauca AGM / RHS Gardening Conifer Specialist Group (1998). "Abies pinsapo". IUCN Red List ... Abies pinsapo - distribution map and related resources. European Forest Genetic Resources Programme (EUFORGEN) Abies marocana ... Abies spp" (PDF). EUFORGEN Technical guidelines for genetic conservation and use. "Abies pinsapo Aurea". Royal Horticultural ... Abies pinsapo (Spanish fir) is a species of fir native to southern Spain and northern Morocco. Related to other species of ...
Abies fanjingshanensis is a species of conifer in the Pinaceae family. It is found only in China, on Fanjing Mountain in ... Yang, Y.; Zhang, D; Li, N.; Luscombe, D. & Rushforth, K. (2013). "Abies fanjingshanensis". The IUCN Red List of Threatened ...
Abies ziyuanensis is a species of fir, a conifer in the Pinaceae family. It is only known from four locations in Guangxi and ... A. ziyuanensis is related to Abies beshanzuensis, another threatened fir endemic to China. While the population was in the ... "Abies ziyuanensis". The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN. 2011: e.T32320A9696874. doi:10.2305/IUCN.UK.2011-2.RLTS. ...
It is closely related to Abies sachalinensis, Abies koreana, Abies veitchii, and Abies sibirica, which replace it to the east, ... Abies nephrolepis, commonly known as Khingan fir, is a species of fir native to northeastern China (Hebei, Heilongjiang, Jilin ... The range abuts that of A. sibirica and hybrids occur where they meet; these have been named as Abies × sibirico-nephrolepis ... Cirrus Digital Manchurian Fir Zhang, D; Katsuki, T. & Rushforth, K. (2013). "Abies nephrolepis". The IUCN Red List of ...
Abies concolor and :Abies lowiana . Interactive Distribution Map of Abies concolor USDA Plants Profile for Abies concolor ( ... 44 p. "Abies concolor". Flora of North America (FNA). Missouri Botanical Garden - via eFloras.org. "Abies lowiana". Natural ... Tolerates winter temperatures down to about −40 °C (−40 °F). Abies concolor subsp. lowiana (syn. Abies lowiana) - Lows white ... Abies lowiana (Gordon & Glend.) A. Murray bis White fir is very closely related to grand fir (Abies grandis), with subspecies ...
PiceaConifer Specialist Group1998FarjonConcolorLasiocarpaKoreanaGenusBalsameaPinusPinaceaeGymnosperm DatabaseConesFirsSilver firSachalinensisAlbaCephalonicaSubspPindrowPinsapoAmabilisSpectabilisConiferousMagnificaVeitchiiReligiosaProceraDelavayiConifersSpruceFargesiiClosely relatedSubspeciesFirmaFraseriSibiricaMariesiiHomolepisBeshanzuensisFabriSynonymNephrolepisRecurvataNebrodensisGuatemalensisBractsLarvae19862016Evergreen treeBorisii-regisWhite firXiangWarburgNumidicaForrestiiHolophyllaZiyuanensisSpecies of firTaxonWikimedia CommonsSpach
- Pinus abies is a taxonomic synonym that may refer to: Pinus abies L. = Picea abies Pinus abies Du Roi, nom. (wikipedia.org)
- Picea abies, the Norway spruce, is a species of spruce native to Northern, Central and Eastern Europe. (wikipedia.org)
- The hybrid is known as Picea × fennica (or P. abies subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies pindrow forest mix with Picea smithiana at Narkanda, India. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies pindrow forest mix with Picea smithiana at Hatu peak, India. (wikipedia.org)
- Today Norway spruce ( Picea abies ) and other species are more commonly available during the holidays. (floridata.com)
- See Floridata's profile on white fir ( Abies concolor ) for more on how the firs fit in with other members of the pine family, and see the Japanese black pine ( Pinus thunbergii ) profile for a breakdown of the families of conifers, and the Norway spruce ( Picea abies ) profile for how to identify the most common genera in the pine family. (floridata.com)
- I am working on a small project on sustainable use of the Norway spruce (Picea abies=Picea excelsa) for the production of firewood. (bio.net)
- I could find the information for Picea engelmanii but not for Picea abies. (bio.net)
- Examination of forest recovery scenarios in a southern Appalachian Picea - Abies forest. (iucnredlist.org)
- Winter Stress And Chlorophyll Fluorescence in Norway Spruce (Picea abies, L., Karst. (springer.com)
- Bolhàr-Nordenkampf H.R., Lechner E. (1988) Winter Stress And Chlorophyll Fluorescence in Norway Spruce (Picea abies, L., Karst. (springer.com)
- Damage to Picea abies Regeneration After Final Cutting of Shelter. (ingentaconnect.com)
- In order to compare the effects of logging methods, damage to natural Norway spruce [ Picea abies (L.) Karst. (ingentaconnect.com)
- Picea abies , commonly called Norway spruce, is a large pyramidal evergreen conifer that is native to the mountains of northern and central Europe east to the Urals. (missouribotanicalgarden.org)
- The climate sensitivity of Norway spruce [ Picea abies (L.) Karst. (springer.com)
- To investigate the potential of Norway spruce ( Picea abies L. Karst) as a palaeoclimate archive in the southeastern European Alps, tree ring chronologies were developed from trees growing at two sites in Slovenia which differed in their ecological and climatological characteristics. (springer.com)
- To gain new insights into phloem formation in Norway spruce ( Picea abies ), we monitored phloem cell production and seasonal variation in the primary and secondary metabolites of inner bark (non-structural carbohydrates and phenolic stilbene glucosides) during the 2012 growing season in southern and northern Finland. (springer.com)
- We used methyl jasmonate, a well-known inducer of plant defense responses, to manipulate the biochemistry and anatomy of mature Picea abies (Norway spruce) trees and to test their resistance to attack by Ips typographus (the spruce bark beetle). (springer.com)
- Brignolas F, Lieutier F, Sauvard D, Yart A, Drouet A, Claudot AC (1995) Changes in soluble-phenol content of Norway spruce ( Picea abies ) phloem in response to wounding and inoculation with Ophiostoma polonicum . (springer.com)
- Combined analysis of nuclear and mitochondrial markers provide new insight into the genetic structure of North European Picea abies. (nih.gov)
- A sport of Picea abies 'Inversa' found in 1990 by Bob Fincham. (bloomriver.com)
- Phenolic stilbene glucosides (astringin, isorhapontin, and piceid) and their aglycons commonly accumulate in the phloem of Norway spruce ( Picea abies ). (plantphysiol.org)
- In Norway spruce ( Picea abies ) phloem, axial parenchyma forms distinctive, continuous tangential sheets across conducting (i.e. noncollapsed) and nonconducting (i.e. collapsed) tissue. (plantphysiol.org)
- Here we present nucleotide diversity data from 19 genes putatively involved in photoperiodic response in Norway spruce (Picea abies). (nih.gov)
- Forests of fir ( Abies alba ) in nemoral mountains, often with beech ( Fagus sylvatica ) towards the sub-montane limit, spruce ( Picea abies ) where site conditions are harsher at higher altitudes. (europa.eu)
- Spruce ( Picea abies ( L. ) H.Karst. (wikipedia.org)
- Elsewhere mixed-conifer forests are made up of Abies spectabilis, blue pine (Pinus wallichiana) and spruce (Picea smithiana). (wikipedia.org)
- Larvae of the nominate subspecies feed on Abies alba, Abies cephalonica, Abies balsamea, Pinus pinea and Picea excelsa. (wikipedia.org)
- Habitat: Abies, Picea, Pinus forest. (wikipedia.org)
- The larvae feed on Picea abies. (wikipedia.org)
- It can also referred to as "white fir" lumber, an umbrella term also referring to Abies amabilis, Abies concolor, and Abies magnifica. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies concolor, the white fir, is a coniferous tree in the pine family Pinaceae. (wikipedia.org)
- these are also variously treated at either the lower rank of variety by some authors, or as distinct species by others: Abies concolor subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- Tolerates winter temperatures down to about −40 °C (−40 °F). Abies concolor subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- Within Abies, A. milleri shows similarities with A. kawakamii and A. chensiensis from Asia and with A. concolor and A. lasiocarpa of North America. (wikipedia.org)
- Silver fir differs from the North American white fir ( Abies concolor ) in having needles less than 1.25 in (30 mm) in length as opposed to needles more than 1.6 in (40 cm) long, and in having young shoots that are gray-brown as opposed to yellow-green. (floridata.com)
- bornmuelleriana) Abies cephalonica Abies concolor Abies concolor var. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies concolor , A. procera , Pseudotsuga menziesii , Calocedrus decurrens , Juniperus occidentalis , and at higher elevations Abies lasiocarpa and Tsuga mertensiana subsp. (iucnredlist.org)
- Abies concolor is a slow to medium growing fir with blue-green leaves pointing upward and forward along the shoot. (backyardgardener.com)
- Abies concolor has long needles (longest typically over 5cm) which attach individually to the branch and leave a disc like scar when they fall. (wnmu.edu)
- Abies concolor is a middle to upper elevation tree which can attain good size. (wnmu.edu)
- Abies concolor usually has longer needles than Abies lasiocarpa which occurs at generally higher elevations. (wnmu.edu)
- In Abies concolor, the resin canals are small, marginal, and superficial to the epidermis of the needle. (wnmu.edu)
- Abies concolor, photo Russ Kleinman, Mogollon Mtns. (wnmu.edu)
- The chemical composition, including the enantiomeric excess of the main terpenes, of essential oils from seeds and cones of Abies concolor was studied by chromatographic (GC) and spectroscopic methods (mass spectrometry, nuclear magnetic resonance), leading to the determination of 98 compounds. (mdpi.com)
- Wajs-Bonikowska A, Szoka Ł, Karna E, Wiktorowska-Owczarek A, Sienkiewicz M. Abies Concolor Seeds and Cones as New Source of Essential Oils-Composition and Biological Activity. (mdpi.com)
- Abies lasiocarpa, commonly called the subalpine fir or Rocky Mountain fir, is a western North American fir tree. (wikipedia.org)
- There are two to three taxa in subalpine fir, treated very differently by different authors: The Coast Range subalpine fir Abies lasiocarpa in the narrow sense, is the typical form of the species, occurring in the Pacific Coast Ranges, the Olympic Mountains and the Cascade Range from southeast Alaska (Panhandle mountains) south to California. (wikipedia.org)
- The Rocky Mountains subalpine fir is very closely related and of disputed status, being variously treated as a distinct species Abies bifolia, as a variety of Coast Range subalpine fir Abies lasiocarpa var. (wikipedia.org)
- The corkbark fir Abies lasiocarpa var. (wikipedia.org)
- In resin composition it is closer to A. bifolia than to typical A. lasiocarpa, though the combination "Abies bifolia var. (wikipedia.org)
- RHS Plant Selector Abies lasiocarpa var. (wikipedia.org)
- forrestii) Abies fraseri Abies grandis Abies holophylla Abies homolepis Abies koreana Abies lasiocarpa Abies lasiocarpa var. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies lasiocarpa or Rocky Mountain Fir, is a very large evergreen, reaching 100 to 160 feet tall, with a typical spire form. (backyardgardener.com)
- In Abies lasiocarpa, the resin canals are much larger, more central and deeper. (wnmu.edu)
- veitchii and Abies koreana, it has been treated as a distinct species Abies sikokiana by some authors. (wikipedia.org)
- The following have gained the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit:- A. koreana (12m plus) A. koreana 'Cis' (1m) A. koreana 'Kohout's Ice Breaker' (1m) A. koreana 'Silberlocke' (4m) Abies koreana Abies koreana Abies koreana leaves Abies koreana. (wikipedia.org)
- Male cones Abies koreana - Muséum de Toulouse Abies koreana in cultivation Kim, Y.-S. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies koreana is a slow growing, conical shaped tree with shiny, dark green leaves with 2 whitish bands underneath. (backyardgardener.com)
- Abies koreana 'Blue Emperor' (Korean fir 'Blue Emperor') will reach a height of 3m and a spread of 2.5m after 10-20 years. (shootgardening.co.uk)
- A Monograph of the genus Abies. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies beshanzuensis (Baishanzu fir, Baishan fir) is a species of fir (genus Abies) in the family Pinaceae. (wikipedia.org)
- The species Abies ziyuanensis is included in Abies beshanzuensis as a variety by some botanists, though others place this species in a different subsection of the genus, Abies subsect. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies guatemalensis or the Guatemalan fir is an evergreen tree native to Central America and is the southernmost member of the genus Abies being spread to the south lower than 14° N. Its range is from southern (less from western and central) Mexico in the north to Honduras and El Salvador in the south. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies milleri, an extinct species of fir known from fossil remains found in deposits from the early Eocene Ypresian stage (around 49.5 mya) in Washington State, USA, is the oldest confirmed record for the fir genus. (wikipedia.org)
- A. milleri has been placed in the fir genus Abies, which has between 48 and 55 species native to much of North and Central America, Europe and Asia occurring in mountains over most of the range. (wikipedia.org)
- A. milleri does not show traits which allow placement in any one of Abies genus sections, however. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies spectabilis (East Himalayan fir) is a conifer species in the family Pinaceae and the genus firs. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies flinckii, commonly known as the Jalisco fir, is a species of conifer in the genus Abies. (wikipedia.org)
- The firs (genus Abies ) are coniferous evergreens, mostly large, and often dominating mountainous and northern regions of Europe, Asia and North America. (floridata.com)
- Specific epithet refers to its similarity to the genus Abies (fir). (missouribotanicalgarden.org)
- Euro-Mediterranean firs (the genus Abies Mill. (springer.com)
- Kobliha J, Stejskal J, Lstibůrek M, Typta J, Tomášková I, Jakubův P (2013) Testing of hybrid progenies and various species of genus Abies for forestry, decorating horticulture and christmas tree production. (springer.com)
- Species within the genus Ponderia include: Ponderia abies Houart, 1986 Ponderia caledonica Houart, 1988 Ponderia canalifera (Sowerby, 1841) Ponderia elephantina Houart, 1990 Ponderia magna Houart, 1988 Ponderia zealandica (Hutton, 1873) Ponderia Houart, 1986. (wikipedia.org)
- Abietis, "of Abies", the fir genus. (wikipedia.org)
- The larvae feed on Abies balsamea. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies minor is a taxonomic synonym that may refer to: Abies minor Duhamel ex Gordon = Abies balsamea Abies minor Gilib. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies alba "Abies balsamea var. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies balsamea or balsam fir is a North American fir, native to most of eastern and central Canada (Newfoundland west to central British Columbia) and the northeastern United States (Minnesota east to Maine, and south in the Appalachian Mountains to West Virginia). (wikipedia.org)
- Bark Leaves (needles) on symmetrical branchlets Closeup of thickly leaved branchlets Pollen cones Seed cones with resin oozing out in the Mingan Archipelago, Quebec There are two varieties: Abies balsamea var. (wikipedia.org)
- Several species of firs are found in Denmark: Abies alba Abies amabilis Abies balsamea Abies borisii-regis (alba x cephalonica) Abies bornmuelleriana (nordmanniana ssp. (wikipedia.org)
- Popular as a Christmas tree, Abies balsamea rarely grows above 50 feet. (backyardgardener.com)
- Abies balsamea Hudsonia Group (Balsam fir Hudsonia Group) will reach a height of 1m and a spread of 1.5m after 10-20 years. (shootgardening.co.uk)
- Cycas glauca Cycas sphaerica Zamia oligodonta Species Cupressus duclouxiana, Yunnan cypress Cupressus funebris, Funereal cypress Podocarpus chingianus Podocarpus ramosii Podocarpus spathoides Podocarpus subtropicalis Retrophyllum piresii Varieties Abies balsamea var. (wikipedia.org)
- A. guatemalensis is usually associated with several highland conifers, such as Abies religiosa, Cupressus lusitanica, Pinus ayacahuite , P. hartwegii, P. michoacana, P. montezumae and P. pseudostrobus. (iucnredlist.org)
- Host: Abies (L. abietis often considered synonymous) Lophodermium pinastri Hosts: Larix, Pinus Lophodermium pini-excelsae Host: Pinus subgenus Strobus Lophodermium pini-mugonis Host: Pinus mugo Lophodermium pyrolae. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies forrestii is a species of conifer in the family Pinaceae. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies fabri (Faber's fir) is a conifer species in the family Pinaceae. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies fargesii (Chinese: 巴山冷杉) is a species of fir, a coniferous tree in the Pinaceae family. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies ziyuanensis is a species of fir, a conifer in the Pinaceae family. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies cilicica, commonly known as Cilician fir or Taurus fir, is a species of conifer in the Pinaceae family. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies recurvata is a species of conifer in the Pinaceae family. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies yuanbaoshanensis is a species of fir tree in the Pinaceae family. (wikipedia.org)
- equi-trojani Gymnosperm Database: Abies nordmanniana conifersaroundtheworld.com: Abies nordmanniana NBG Belgium Meise rhs.org.uk: Abies nordmanniana Abies nordmanniana. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies amabilis, The Gymnosperm Database. (wikipedia.org)
- C.M. Hogan, 2008 Gymnosperm database, 2008 Flora of North America, 2008 Trees portal Gymnosperm Database: Abies amabilis (2011) C.Michael Hogan (2008) Aesculus californica, Globaltwitcher.com, ed. (wikipedia.org)
- Gymnosperm Database - Abies veitchii Abies veitchii - UConn Plant Database Abies veitchii - Plants For A Future database report Conifers Around the World: Abies veitchii - Veitch Fir. (wikipedia.org)
- Gymnosperm Database Conifers Around the World: Abies firma - Momi Fir. (wikipedia.org)
- Gymnosperm Database: Abies borisii-regis Archived October 31, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. (wikipedia.org)
- Red fir cones also mostly have shorter bracts, except in Abies magnifica var. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies densa also has smaller cones with bracts relatively longer than in Abies spectabilis. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies cilicica in Ehden cedar reserve, Lebanon Abies cillicica cones Abies cilicica, close-up Gardner, M. & Knees, S. (2013). (wikipedia.org)
- Abies pindrow female cones at Narkanda, India. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies pindrow with female cones at Narkanda, India. (wikipedia.org)
- A close-up of Abies pindrow mature female cones at Kufri, India. (wikipedia.org)
- The following day he again made the ascent, but this time from the north side, and he succeeded in procuring cones of a new species, since named by Dr. Masters, Abies mariesii. (wikipedia.org)
- The Vietnamese population, with a disjunct range on Fansipan (at 3,143 m the highest mountain in Vietnam), is distinct in paler red-brown shoots and the cones having shorter bracts (not exserted), and is separated as a subspecies Abies delavayi subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- An 1885 illustration of P. abies , showing the cones and leaves. (wikipedia.org)
- Cones of P. abies are longer and have pointed scales. (wikipedia.org)
- Typical of Abies species, the cones disintegrate to distribute the seed in the early winter. (plantexplorers.com)
- It is closely related to Bulgarian fir (Abies borisiiregis) further to the southeast in the Balkan Peninsula, Spanish fir (Abies pinsapo) of Spain and Morocco and Sicilian fir (Abies nebrodensis) in Sicily, differing from these and other related Euro-Mediterranean firs in the sparser foliage, with the leaves spread either side of the shoot, leaving the shoot readily visible from above. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies kawakamii is exclusively native to the island of Taiwan, and is one of the southernmost true firs (together with A. fansipanensis, native to Vietnam, and A. guatemalensis, from Mexico and Guatemala). (wikipedia.org)
- Mediterranean firs - Abies spp" (PDF). (wikipedia.org)
- A re-assessment of the new taxa of firs (Abies Mill. (wikipedia.org)
- Johnson, E.W. A Guide to the Firs (Abies spp. (wikipedia.org)
- There has been, and still is, much taxonomic confusion regarding Abies delavayi , at one time it was more or less a catch-all term for several Chinese firs. (oregonstate.edu)
- Abies firma is one of the evergreen Japanese firs, that under ideal conditions may reach 150 feet, but under cultivation, 40 to 50 feet is more usual. (backyardgardener.com)
- Alizoti PG, Fady B, Prada MA, Vendramin GG (2011) EUFORGEN Technical guidelines for genetic conservation and use of Mediterranean firs ( Abies spp. (springer.com)
- firs (Abies spp. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies grandis (grand fir, giant fir, lowland white fir, great silver fir, western white fir, Vancouver fir, or Oregon fir) is a fir native to the Pacific Northwest and Northern California of North America, occurring at altitudes of sea level to 1,800 m. (wikipedia.org)
- some botanists treat Sicilian fir as a variety of silver fir, as Abies alba var. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies amabilis, commonly known as the Pacific silver fir, is a fir native to the Pacific Northwest of North America, occurring in the Pacific Coast Ranges and the Cascade Range from the extreme southeast of Alaska, through western British Columbia, Washington and Oregon, to the extreme northwest of California. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies delavayi, the Delavay's silver-fir or Delavay's fir, is a species of fir, native to Yunnan in southwest China and adjoining border areas in southeastern Tibet, far northeastern India, northern Myanmar, and far northwestern Vietnam. (wikipedia.org)
- Some botanists treat it as a natural hybrid between silver Fir and Greek fir, while others treat it as a variety of silver fir, as Abies alba var. (wikipedia.org)
- Decline of Silver fir ( Abies alba Mill. (iucnredlist.org)
- EUFORGEN Technical Guidelines for genetic conservation and use for Silver fir ( Abies alba ). (iucnredlist.org)
- The mid-Holocene extinction of silver fir ( Abies alba) in the Southern Alps: a consequence of forest fires? (springer.com)
- The marked Abies decreases shown in the pollen record can be simulated with very intensive fire scenarios, but they do not result in an extinction of silver fir in the model. (springer.com)
- Low charcoal influx values related to the Abies declines in the palaeobotanical record suggest that fire was not the only reason for the extinction of silver fir. (springer.com)
- Bergmann F, Gregorius HR, Larsen JB (1990) Levels of genetic variation in European silver fir ( Abies alba ). (springer.com)
- Erdelský K, Barančok P (1986a) Cultivating embryos of the silver fir ( Abies alba Mill. (springer.com)
- http://www.conifers.org/pi/Abies_sachalinensis.php http://conifersociety.org/conifers/conifer/abies/sachalinensis/ Temperate and Boreal Rainforests of the World - Ecology and conservation, Foreword by David Suzuki, Edited by Dominick A. DellaSala. (wikipedia.org)
- tazaotana Abies procera Abies recurvata Abies sachalinensis Abies sibirica Abies sikokiana (veitchii var. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies sachalinensis - (F.Schmidt. (pfaf.org)
- Abies sachalinensis is an evergreen Tree growing to 30 m (98ft 5in) at a slow rate. (pfaf.org)
- truncata feed on Abies sachalinensis. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies alba is a large evergreen coniferous tree growing to 40-50 metres (130-160 ft) (exceptionally 60 metres (200 ft)) tall and with a trunk diameter of up to 1.5 metres (4 ft 11 in). (wikipedia.org)
- Long-term variability of Abies alba in NW Romania: implications for its conservation management. (iucnredlist.org)
- Abies alba in Europe: distribution, habitat, usage and threats. (iucnredlist.org)
- shastensis Abies mariesii Abies nebrodensis (alba ssp. (wikipedia.org)
- The present work reports changes in bioenergetic parameters and mitochondrial activities during the manifestation of two events of programmed cell death (PCD), linked to Abies alba somatic embryogenesis. (springer.com)
- Pollen records suggest that Abies alba played a dominating role in both the montane and lowland forests at the border of the Southern Alps between ca. 8500 and 5700 years ago. (springer.com)
- Carcaillet C, Muller SD (2005) Holocene tree-limit and distribution of Abies alba in the French Alps: anthropogenic or climatic changes? (springer.com)
- Erdelský K, Barančok P (1986b) Growth induction of callus and organ cultures of the fir ( Abies alba Mill. (springer.com)
- The larvae feed on Abies alba. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies cephalonica or Greek fir is a fir native to the mountains of Greece, primarily in the Peloponnesos and the island of Kefallonia, intergrading with the closely related Bulgarian fir further north in the Pindus mountains of northern Greece. (wikipedia.org)
- abete" = Greek Fir, "pino nero" = Black Pine) Photo of a cone Abies cephalonica. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies bornmuelleriana, the Turkish fir is a rare, coniferous evergreen tree, most likely a natural hybrid between Caucasian fir (Abies nordmanniana) and Grecian fir (Abies cephalonica). (wikipedia.org)
- Somatic Embryogenesis of Greek Fir ( Abies cephalonica Loud. (springer.com)
- Aronen TS, Krajňáková J, Häggman HM, Ryynanen LA (1999) Genetic fidelity of cryopreserved embryogenic cultures of open-pollinated Abies cephalonica . (springer.com)
- Krajňáková J, Häggman H (2016) Somatic Embryogenesis of Abies cephalonica Loud. (springer.com)
- Krajňáková J, Häggman H, Gömöry D (2009) Effect of sucrose concentration, polyethylene glycol and activated charcoal on maturation and regeneration of Abies cephalonica somatic embryos. (springer.com)
- Krajňáková J, Sutela S, Gömöry D, Vianello A, Häggman H (2011b) Bioenergetic parameters during cryopreservation of two Abies cephalonica embryogenic cell lines. (springer.com)
- Krajňáková J, Niemi K, Gömöry D, Häggman H (2012) Effects of different ectomycorrhizal fungi on somatic embryogenesis of Abies cephalonica Loud. (springer.com)
- There are two subspecies: Abies fabri subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- There are two subspecies (treated as distinct species by some botanists), intergrading where they meet in northern Turkey at about 36°E longitude: Caucasian fir Abies nordmanniana subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- Turkish fir Abies nordmanniana subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies cilicica and Cedrus libani, together with Acer hyrcanum subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- 2009) of the Central American Abies species suggests that A. guatemalensis should be a synonym of A. religiosa subsp. (iucnredlist.org)
- Abies pindrow, the pindrow fir or west Himalayan fir, is a fir native to the western Himalaya and adjacent mountains, from northeast Afghanistan east through northern Pakistan and India to central Nepal. (wikipedia.org)
- Recent research, however, has shown that Abies gamblei is not related to Abies pindrow. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies pindrow young sapling at Narkanda, India. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies pindrow immature female cone at Kufri, India. (wikipedia.org)
- A huge Abies pindrow in its natural habitat at Narkanda, India. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies pindrow forest at Hatu peak, India Abies pindrow at Narkanda, India. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies pindrow forest at Narkanda, India. (wikipedia.org)
- A close-up of young needles of Abies pindrow at Hatu peak, India. (wikipedia.org)
- nebrodensis) Abies nephrolepis Abies nordmanniana Abies numidica Abies pindrow Abies pinsapo Abies pinsapo var. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies pindrow in The Plant List Version 1.1. (wikimedia.org)
- Abies pindrow aerial parts were manually collected from Gulaba Kothi, region of Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India in September, 2012. (ijpsonline.com)
- Following are some notable conifers present in the area: Fir: Abies pindrow, Abies spectabilis and Abies gamblei. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies pinsapo (Spanish fir) is a species of fir native to southern Spain and northern Morocco. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies pinsapo is an evergreen tree growing to 20-30 m tall, with a conic crown, sometimes becoming irregular with age. (wikipedia.org)
- The Moroccan variety, Abies pinsapo var. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies Pinsapo in the Sierra de Grazalema The Pinsapo tree in the Sierra de Grazalema, Spain. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies pinsapo - distribution map and related resources. (wikipedia.org)
- It is closely related to Abies pinsapo (Spanish fir), which occurs further west in the Rif mountains of Morocco and in southern Spain. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies pinsapo is a tall evergreen, columnar when young and maturing to a more irregular habit. (backyardgardener.com)
- Pinsapo ( Abies pinsapo Boiss. (wikipedia.org)
- Citation for this treatment: J. Robert Haller, Nancy J. Vivrette, & James R. Griffin 2012, Abies amabilis , in Jepson Flora Project (eds. (berkeley.edu)
- What does abies amabilis mean? (definitions.net)
- Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word abies amabilis . (definitions.net)
- Are we missing a good definition for abies amabilis ? (definitions.net)
- What rhymes with abies amabilis ? (definitions.net)
- Some references of 3,700 metres (12,100 ft) naming (in error) "Abies spectabilis" in the western Himalayas, most probably are true for Abies gamblei, but to confirm this would require further research. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies spectabilis has a wide distribution, but it has suffered from logging and deforestation, especially at the lower elevations. (wikipedia.org)
- sikokiana) Abies spectabilis Abies sutchuenensis (fargesii var. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies spectabilis in the Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN) , U.S. Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service. (wikimedia.org)
- Fir trees (Abies spectabilis) in places grow in nearly pure stands. (wikipedia.org)
- Rhododendron campanulatum, Abies spectabilis, and birch (Betula utilis) form another common assemblage. (wikipedia.org)
- A recently published major new monograph, Conifers Around the World, treats the high-level western Himalayan fir tree as Abies gamblei (apparently, A. spectabilis does not reach this region! (wikipedia.org)
- Abies religiosa is a medium-sized to large evergreen coniferous tree growing to 25-50 m (82-164 ft) tall with a trunk diameter of up to 2 metres (6.6 ft). (wikipedia.org)
- Abies grandis is a large evergreen coniferous tree growing to 40-70 m (exceptionally 100 m) tall and with a trunk diameter of up to 2 m. (wikipedia.org)
- Also called the Himalayan alpine fir, Abies densa is a dominant conifer in the upper coniferous belt of the central and eastern Himalayas from Nepal, Sikkim, Bhutan, and adjacent Tibet to Burma (Myanmar) in altitudes between 2800 and 3700 m. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies sibirica, the Siberian fir, is a coniferous evergreen tree native to the taiga east of the Volga River and north of 67°40' North latitude in Siberia through Turkestan, northeast Xinjiang, Mongolia and Heilongjiang. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies firma is a medium-sized to large evergreen coniferous tree growing to 50 metres (160 ft) tall and 2 metres (6 ft 7 in) in trunk diameter, with a broad conical crown of straight branches rising at an angle of about 20° above horizontal. (wikipedia.org)
- It is typical for behavior of Asiatic black bear of the Russian Far East (Ursus thibetanus) to eat the cambium of coniferous trees, especially Abies nephrolepis [ 1 - 3 ]. (hindawi.com)
- Abies magnifica, the red fir or silvertip fir, is a western North American fir, native to the mountains of southwest Oregon and California in the United States. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies magnifica is a large evergreen tree typically up to 40-60 metres (130-200 ft) tall and 2 metres (6.6 ft) trunk diameter, rarely to 76.5 metres (251 ft) tall and 3 metres (9.8 ft) diameter, with a narrow conic crown. (wikipedia.org)
- There are two, perhaps three varieties: Abies magnifica var. (wikipedia.org)
- Some botanists treat Abies magnifica var. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies magnifica and its two varieties (var. (iucnredlist.org)
- The plant was re-discovered by the English plant-collector, Charles Maries in 1877 near Aomori on the main Japanese island of Honshū, who initially thought it to be a variety of Abies veitchii. (wikipedia.org)
- Needles cover the shoots above and on the sides similar to the Abies veitchii, Needle length is .5 to 1.4 inches long (1.2-3.5 cm) and .04 to .05 inches wide (1-1.2mm). (wikipedia.org)
- Abies veitchii Lindl. (iucnredlist.org)
- The sacred fir or Abies religiosa (known as oyamel in Spanish) is a fir native to the mountains of central and southern Mexico (Trans-Mexican Volcanic Belt, Sierra Madre del Sur) and western Guatemala. (wikipedia.org)
- The Plant List "Oyamel (Abies religiosa)" (PDF). (wikipedia.org)
- Abies religiosa (Kunth) Schltdl. (iucnredlist.org)
- Abies religiosa is a high mountain species, occurring between 1,200 m and 4,100 m a.s.l., but more commonly between 2100 m and 3,100 m, usually on well drained mountain soils of volcanic origin. (eol.org)
- as trusted on the " Abies religiosa " page. (eol.org)
- Abies procera, the noble fir, also called red fir and Christmastree, is a western North American fir, native to the Cascade Range and Coast Range mountains of extreme northwest California and western Oregon and Washington in the United States. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies procera is a large evergreen tree up to 40-70 m (130-230 ft.) tall and 2 m (6.5 ft.) trunk diameter, rarely to 90 m (295 ft.) tall and 2.7 m (8.9 ft.) diameter, with a narrow conic crown. (wikipedia.org)
- Red fir is very closely related to noble fir (Abies procera), which replaces it further north in the Cascade Range. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies procera or Noble Fir, is a tall evergreen reaching 270 feet in native stands, generally 50 to 100 feet in cultivation. (backyardgardener.com)
- Abies fabri is closely related to Abies delavayi and Abies forrestii, which replace it to the south and southwest respectively in southern Sichuan and Yunnan, and to Abies fargesii, which replaces it further north in Gansu. (wikipedia.org)
- Trees at lower elevation (2,400-3,000 m) differ in having the leaf margin less revolute, and are separated as a variety Abies delavayi var. (wikipedia.org)
- Plants in southeastern Tibet have been distinguished as Abies delavayi var. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies delavayi and A. fabri. (wikipedia.org)
- equi-trojani) Abies fabri (delavayi var. (wikipedia.org)
- fabri) Abies fargesii Abies faxoniana (delavayi var. (wikipedia.org)
- faxoniana) Abies firma Abies forrestii (delavayi var. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies delavayi in cultivation. (iucnredlist.org)
- Abies delavayi, Oregon State Univ. (oregonstate.edu)
- Conifers Around the World: Abies homolepis - Nikko Fir. (wikipedia.org)
- Conifers Around the World: Abies densa - Himalayan Alpine Fir. (wikipedia.org)
- n. 75) Conifers Around the World: Abies cilicica - Cilician Fir. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies ziyuanensis occurs, together with other conifers, scattered in a mixed forest dominated by deciduous broad-leaved trees. (iucnredlist.org)
- Abies fargesii can grow very large and be up to 40 metres (130 ft) tall. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies fargesii is a timber tree used in construction and for pulp. (wikipedia.org)
- The Plant List Abies fargesii Franch. (wikipedia.org)
- faxoniana) Abies fargesii (var. (wikipedia.org)
- In Flora of China 4: 47 (1999) this taxon is treated as a synonym of Abies fargesii var. (iucnredlist.org)
- It is closely related to Abies firma from southern Japan, placed with it as the only two members of Abies subsect. (wikipedia.org)
- A. Murray bis White fir is very closely related to grand fir (Abies grandis), with subspecies lowiana being particularly similar to the interior variety of grand fir A. grandis var. (wikipedia.org)
- The closely related Gamble's fir (Abies gamblei, syn. (wikipedia.org)
- 1980), this species is closely related to Abies beshanzuensis M.H.Wu, another novelty described around that time. (iucnredlist.org)
- There are two varieties, probably better treated at subspecies rank though not yet formally published as such: Abies grandis var. (wikipedia.org)
- Tolerates winter temperatures down to about −30 °C (−22 °F). The United States Department of Agriculture plants database describes this subspecies as the full species Sierra white fir - Abies lowiana (Gordon & Glend. (wikipedia.org)
- In Turkey this subspecies is treated as a distinct species (Abies equitrojani Asch. (wikipedia.org)
- Some botanists regard this variety as a natural hybrid between balsam fir and Fraser fir (Abies fraseri), which occurs further south in the Appalachian mountains. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies fraseri (Pursh) Poir. (iucnredlist.org)
- islands into adjacent grass bald communities, we investigated effects of cloud immersion on photosynthetic parameters of seedlings of Abies fraseri and R. catawbiense in a grass bald site and A. fraseri in a forest understory. (usda.gov)
- Siberian fir, Abies sibirica, grows 30-35 m tall with a trunk diameter of 0.5-1 m at breast height and a conical crown. (wikipedia.org)
- There are two varieties: Abies sibirica var. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies × sibiriconephrolepis is a hybrid species of trees which is developed as the natural crossing of Abies nephrolepis and Abies sibirica. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies sibirica - Ledeb. (pfaf.org)
- Abies nephrolepis(khingan fir) is known to be the closest relative. (wikipedia.org)
- these have been named as Abies × sibirico-nephrolepis Taken. (wikipedia.org)
- Flora of China: Abies nephrolepis Uyeda, Y. (wikipedia.org)
- Cambium of species Abies nephrolepis is the most preferred for bear consumption in Primorsky Krai. (hindawi.com)
- Abies recurvata is a distinct fir species usually recognized by the needles on its leaders mostly recurved or reflexed. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies recurvata is a small to medium-sized tree mostly with conical crown, occasionally reaching a height of 40 m, and a trunk diameter of 0.8 metres (2 ft 7 in). (wikipedia.org)
- Abies recurvata is an evergreen Tree growing to 35 m (114ft 10in) at a medium rate. (pfaf.org)
- Abies fanjingshanensis Abies recurvata Abies yuanbaoshanensis Abies ziyuanensis Cupressus chengiana Cupressus duclouxiana - Chinese Cypress. (wikipedia.org)
- There has been a marked decrease in the population of Abies guatemalensis, particularly in Guatemala where most of the population occurs. (iucnredlist.org)
- Up until the 19th century Abies guatemalensis was still plentiful in the western highlands of Guatemala and locally widespread in the 1940s, however, by the late 1950s most stands had been heavily exploited except for a small number of sites on national lands where cutting is prohibited (Standley and Steyermark 1958). (iucnredlist.org)
- Abies guatemalensis is a species of plant in the family pines . (eol.org)
- Find JI (2016) Towards industrial production of tree varieties through somatic embryogenesis and other vegetative propagation technologies: Nordmann fir ( Abies nordmanniana (Steven) Spach)-from research laboratory to production. (springer.com)
- Extinct in the wild (EW): 35 species Critically endangered (CR): 2,493 species Endangered (EN): 3,654 species Vulnerable (VU): 5,430 species Near threatened (NT, LR/cd): 1,851 species Least concern (LC): 6,645 species Data deficient (DD): 1,674 species As of September 2016, the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) lists 1674 data deficient plant species. (wikipedia.org)
- formerly Aby M. Warburg-Preis) is a science prize of the city of Hamburg. (wikipedia.org)
- It is named after the Hamburg-born art historian Aby Warburg. (wikipedia.org)
- Aby Warburg. (wikipedia.org)
- the five brothers Abraham (Aby) M., Max M., Paul M., Felix M. and Fritz Moritz Warburg were of the Mittelweg line. (wikipedia.org)
- Max Warburg's elder brother Aby Warburg used his money to establish the Kulturwissenschaftliche Bibliothek Warburg in Hamburg, since 1934 The Warburg Institute in London. (wikipedia.org)
- Abies numidica (Algerian fir) is a species of fir found only in Algeria, where it is endemic on Djebel Babor, the second-highest mountain (2,004 meters) in the Algerian Tell Atlas. (wikipedia.org)
- Algerian fir, Abies numidica, is occasionally grown as an ornamental tree in parks and larger gardens. (wikipedia.org)