9,10-Dimethyl-1,2-benzanthracene: 7,12-Dimethylbenzanthracene. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon found in tobacco smoke that is a potent carcinogen.Benz(a)Anthracenes: Four fused benzyl rings with three linear and one angular, that can be viewed as a benzyl-phenanthrenes. Compare with NAPHTHACENES which are four linear rings.Carcinogens: Substances that increase the risk of NEOPLASMS in humans or animals. Both genotoxic chemicals, which affect DNA directly, and nongenotoxic chemicals, which induce neoplasms by other mechanism, are included.Dimethyl Sulfoxide: A highly polar organic liquid, that is used widely as a chemical solvent. Because of its ability to penetrate biological membranes, it is used as a vehicle for topical application of pharmaceuticals. It is also used to protect tissue during CRYOPRESERVATION. Dimethyl sulfoxide shows a range of pharmacological activity including analgesia and anti-inflammation.Dimethyl Suberimidate: The methyl imidoester of suberic acid used to produce cross links in proteins. Each end of the imidoester will react with an amino group in the protein molecule to form an amidine.Dimethyl Adipimidate: Bifunctional cross-linking agent that links covalently free amino groups of proteins or polypeptides, including those in cell membranes. It is used as reagent or fixative in immunohistochemistry and is a proposed antisickling agent.Sulfuric Acid Esters: Organic esters of sulfuric acid.
List of MeSH codes (D04)
... vitamin k 1 MeSH D04.615.638.721.374.844 --- vitamin k 2 MeSH D04.615.638.721.374.922 --- vitamin k 3 MeSH D04.615.638.845 --- ... 8-hydroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino)tetralin MeSH D04.615.638.960.492 --- levobunolol MeSH D04.615.638.960.585 --- mibefradil MeSH ... 25-hydroxyvitamin d 2 MeSH D04.808.247.808.489 --- fusidic acid MeSH D04.808.247.808.607 --- lanosterol MeSH D04.808.247.808. ... t-2 toxin MeSH D04.345.891.900 --- trichodermin MeSH D04.615.117.050 --- dithranol (anthralin) MeSH D04.615.117.159 --- ...
'Excimer' fluorescence I. Solution spectra of 1:2-benzanthracene derivatives | Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A:...
The lower excited states, 1Lb and 1La, satisfy Förster's conditions for fluorescent dim er formation. The factors determining ... Excimer' fluorescence I. Solution spectra of 1:2-benzanthracene derivatives Message Subject (Your Name) has sent you a message ... Excimer' fluorescence I. Solution spectra of 1:2-benzanthracene derivatives. J. B. Birks, L. G. Christophorou ... Observations have been made of the concentration dependence of the fluorescence spectra of solutions of 1:2-benzanthracene and ...http://rspa.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/274/1359/552
Dimethyl Sulfoxide inhibits th.... 4 , 4 Dimethyl Sulfoxide inhibits th.... 4 , 4 ... 3-(3-methoxyphenyl)-N-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)acrylamide inhibits the reaction [9,10-Dimethyl-1,2-benzanthracene results in ... 2-benzanthracene results in increased activity of CYP1A2 protein]')"> PathwayCommons: ctd Pathway 3-(3-methoxyphenyl)-N-(3,4,5- ... 10-Dimethyl-1,2-benzanthracene results in increased activity of CYP1A2 protein] ...https://pharos.nih.gov/idg/targets?facet=PathwayCommons%3A+ctd+Pathway/3-%283-methoxyphenyl%29-N-%283%2C4%2C5-trimethoxyphenyl%29acrylamide+inhibits+the+reaction+%5B9%2C10-Dimethyl-1%2C2-benzanthracene+results+in+increased+activity+of+CYP1A2+protein%5D
Other names: DMBA; 7,12-Dimethyl-1,2-benzanthracene; 7,12-Dimethylbenzanthracene; 7,12-Dimethylbenzo[a]anthracene; 7,12- ... C @ 1. min, 4. K/min; Tend: 310. C. Capillary. DB-5MS. 443.82. Chen, Keeran, et al., 2002. 30. m/0.25 mm/0.5 «mu»m, 40. C @ 1. ... Beernaert, H., Gas Chromatographic Analysis of Polyclylic Aromatic Hydrocarbons, J. Chromatogr., 1979, 173, 1, 109-118, https ... m/0.3 mm/0.34 «mu»m, He, 2. K/min; Tstart: 50. C; Tend: 250. C. ...https://webbook.nist.gov/cgi/cbook.cgi?ID=C57976&Units=SI&Mask=2000
Persistence of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase-positive foci during hamster buccal pouch carcinogenesis.
9,10-Dimethyl-1,2-benzanthracene. Animals. Cheek. Cricetinae. Histocytochemistry. Kinetics. Male. Mesocricetus. Mouth Neoplasms ... During the same 10-week posttreatment period, several dysplastic and occasional neoplastic lesions, some of which displayed ... A comparison of GGT-positive foci at the completion of the DMBA regimen and at 10 weeks thereafter revealed no significant ... 10-Dimethyl-1,2-benzanthracene; EC 184.108.40.206/gamma-Glutamyltransferase From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National ...http://www.biomedsearch.com/nih/Persistence-gamma-glutamyl-transpeptidase-positive/6143614.html
Photodynamic therapy with 5-aminolevulinic acid and diamino acid derivatives of protoporphyrin IX reduces papillomas in mice...
9,10-Dimethyl-1,2-benzanthracene. Aminolevulinic Acid / therapeutic use*. Animals. Carcinogens. Carcinoma, Squamous Cell / ... 2505276 - 3-(2-imidazo[4,5-b]pyridine)propionic acid and some of its derivatives with suspected t.... 18962276 - Thiosulphate ... In this study, we used 5-aminolevulinic (ALA) acid and 3 water soluble photosensitizers-PP(Arg)(2), PP(Ser)(2)Arg(2), PP(Ala)(2 ... 2913306 - Synthesis and evaluation of antileukemic activity of 5-thienyl- or 5-(2-furyl)-2,3-dihy.... 1724726 - Chemical ...http://www.biomedsearch.com/nih/Photodynamic-therapy-with-5-aminolevulinic/19521986.html
Mouse skin tumor-initiating activity of 5-, 7-, and 12-methyl- and fluorine-substituted benz[a]anthracenes. | CureHunter
Outbred CD-1 and outbred Sencar mice received a single topical application of the hydrocarbons followed by twice weekly ...http://www.curehunter.com/public/pubmed6810009.do
Tannins - Tannic Acid Summary Report | CureHunter
1-2 per 100 MW) for effective cross linking of other compounds (ASTRINGENTS). The two main types are HYDROLYZABLE TANNINS and ... 10/01/1988 - "Diagnosis of oak poisoning was made based on the renal lesions and the finding of a high content of tannins in ... 10/05/2015 - "The bradykinin-induced rat pain model was used to assess the analgesic effect of tannic acid. ". 10/05/2015 - " ... 1. Neoplasms (Cancer) 11/01/1989 - "Tumor induction studies in forestomach and lung revealed significant protection against BP- ...http://www.curehunter.com/public/keywordSummaryD013634-Tannins-Tannic-Acid.do
Effect of Spalax, rat and mouse fibroblasts on Spalax-d | Open-i
At least 10 fields were recorded for each observation. Two representative images demonstrating effects of different fibroblasts ... At least 10 fields were recorded for each observation. Two representative images demonstrating effects of different fibroblasts ... Here we addressed the questions of (1) whether Spalax is resistant to chemically-induced tumorigenesis, and (2) whether normal ... Here we addressed the questions of (1) whether Spalax is resistant to chemically-induced tumorigenesis, and (2) whether normal ...https://openi.nlm.nih.gov/detailedresult.php?img=PMC3750378_1741-7007-11-91-11&req=4
Spalax fibroblasts suppress colony formation of human b | Open-i
Figure 10: Spalax fibroblasts suppress colony formation of human breast cancer cells MDA-MB-231 and MCF7 in soft agar. (A) MDA- ... Figure 10: Spalax fibroblasts suppress colony formation of human breast cancer cells MDA-MB-231 and MCF7 in soft agar. (A) MDA- ... Here we addressed the questions of (1) whether Spalax is resistant to chemically-induced tumorigenesis, and (2) whether normal ... Here we addressed the questions of (1) whether Spalax is resistant to chemically-induced tumorigenesis, and (2) whether normal ...https://openi.nlm.nih.gov/detailedresult.php?img=PMC3750378_1741-7007-11-91-10&req=4
NIOSHTIC-2 Publications Search - 20027879 - Characterization of ornithine decarboxylase activies of human breast cancer cells ...
NIOSHTIC-2 Publications Search. Search Results. Search for NIOSH Publications:. *Advanced Search ... 9, 10 Dimethyl 1,2 benzanthracene (DMBA) also induced ODC activity of MCF-7 cells in similar manner. In contrast, ODC activity ... Melatonin induced ODC activity significantly in MCF-7 cells with 1 nM concentration at 12h. Studies are underway to determine ... Proceedings of the Eighty-Ninth Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research, March 28 - April 1, 1998, New ...https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/nioshtic-2/20027879.html
Evaluation of anticarcinogenic and antimutagenic potential of Bauhinia variegata extract in Swiss albino mice. - Semantic...
Ramanathan Sambath Kumar, Rajagopal Shanmuga Sunderam, +9 authors Kuppuswamy Asok Kumar. The American journal of Chinese ... Iana Suly Santos Katz, Layra Lucy Albuquerque, +10 authors Orlando Garcia Ribeiro ... 9,10-Dimethyl-1,2-benzanthracene. Search for additional papers on this topic ...https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Evaluation-of-anticarcinogenic-and-antimutagenic-of-Agrawal-Pandey/e9ebfc3881c9da85d2c503b1aa6bfe1746d83815
Loss of spindle assembly checkpoint-mediated inhibition of Cdc20 promotes tumorigenesis in mice | JCB
1 C shows a Southern blot analysis of AAA-flox-neo and AAA alleles, and Fig. 1 D shows PCR genotyping of a litter derived from ... 2 B). By 24 h, most of the mutant cells had reached an 8-N DNA content. At this point, some of the wild-type cells also adapted ... 2 A), although the level in Cdc20+/AAA-flox-neo cells showed a slight decrease, most likely because the AAA-flox-neo allele is ... Figure 2. Cdc20AAA disrupts SAC. (A) Western blot analysis of Cdc20 expression. (B) FACS profiles of the cells treated with 80 ...http://jcb.rupress.org/content/185/6/983
Welcome to LibAge, the ageing reference resource
1991) "The retinoblastoma gene product regulates progression through the G1 phase of the cell cycle." Cell 67(2):293-302 ( ... 2013) "Genome-wide linkage analysis for human longevity: Genetics of Healthy Aging Study." Aging Cell 12(2):184-193 (PubMed) ... 2005) "Glyoxalase 1 and glutathione reductase 1 regulate anxiety in mice." Nature 438(7068):662-666 (PubMed) ... Entries tagged 9,10-Dimethyl-1,2-benzanthracene (33). Sort:. Number of citations. Author. Title. Year. PubMed ID. ...http://libage.ageing-map.org/entries/tags/343/
Liver as a Model System for Analyzing Mechanisms of Tumor Initiation and Promotion | SpringerLink
N-dimethyl-4-aminoazobenzene in the rat. Cancer Res. 39: 112-115.PubMedGoogle Scholar ... 1.. Deelman, H.T. 1927. The part played by injury and repair in the development of cancer. Brit. Med. J. 1: 872.Google Scholar ... In: Carcinogenesis, Volume 2. T.J. Slaga, A. Sivak, and R.K. Boutwell, eds. Raven Press: New York. pp. 421-432.Google Scholar ... Tumors in CF-1 mice exposed for six consecutive generations to DDT. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 51: 983-997.Google Scholar ...https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4684-4400-1_12
The genotoxic air pollutant 3-nitrobenzanthrone and its reactive metabolite N-hydroxy-3-aminobenzanthrone lack initiating and...
24h after a single treatment of 100nmol DNA adduct levels produced by 3-NBA (18+/-4 adducts/10(8) nucleotides) were 6 times ... 24h after a single treatment of 100nmol DNA adduct levels produced by 3-NBA (18+/-4 adducts/10(8) nucleotides) were 6 times ... 2900251-1/abstract. Type:. Article. Language:. en. ISSN:. 1872-7980. Sponsors:. The authors acknowledge the excellent technical ... 25 adducts/10(8) nucleotides), indicating that initial DNA adduct levels do not parallel tumour initiating activity. When ...https://ecnis.openrepository.com/ecnis/handle/10146/83594
780. Tolylfluanid (Pesticide residues in food: 1988 evaluations Part II Toxicology)
The oral LD50 of a major plant metabolite, DMST (N,N-dimethyl-N'-p-tolylsulphamide), exceeds 2500 mg/kg in rats and 1000 mg/kg ... F1b animals (20 females-10 males/dose) were then mated and F1a and F1b generations were obtained. The study was ended when F1b ... After 70 days of treatment F0 animals were mated on a 2-female-to-1-male basis. After delivery (F1a) and a 4-week lactation and ... Rat M inhalation* - 265 2/ Kimmerle & Lorke, 1967 (4-hr exp.) Rat M i.p. 20.2 1/ - Kimmerle, 1968 Rat F i.p. 25.6 1/ - Kimmerle ...http://www.inchem.org/documents/jmpr/jmpmono/v88pr10.htm
1C). In time course experiments using 40 μmol/L sulforaphane, the induction of Bax and Bak proteins was evident as early as 4 ... A, analysis of sub-G0/G1 fraction in MEFs derived from wild-type (WT) and Bax and/or Bak knockout mice following a 24-hour ... 2B. Consistent with the results of DNA fragmentation assay ( Fig. 1B) and flow cytometric analysis of subdiploid cells ( Fig. 2 ... 2A , a 24-hour treatment of wild-type MEFs with 30 μmol/L sulforaphane caused a ,30-fold increase in percentage of subdiploid ...http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/65/5/2035
adenocarcinoma islet cell pancreas drug 2000:2010[pubdate] *count=100 - BioMedLib™ search engine
twenty ten [shown] Results per page: 5. 10. 20. 50. 100. 200. 500. [expand/collapse] show these sections expanded by default: ... 10 years. Or published in the following date range: From (yyyy/mm/dd - month and day are optional) to ('to' is optional) + Full ... 2. Dietrich CF: Comments and illustrations regarding the guidelines and good clinical practice recommendations for contrast- ... Items 1 to 6 of about 6. 1. Vosters O, Beuneu C, Goldman M, Verhasselt V: N-acetylcysteine derivative inhibits CD40-dependent ...http://www.bmlsearch.com/?kwr=adenocarcinoma+islet+cell+pancreas+drug+2000:2010%5Bpubdate%5D&cxts=100&stmp=b1
Items where Year is 1971 - Enlighten: Theses
Kernohan, Ian Riddell (1971) The influence of liver function on the adrenolytic and carcinogenic action of 9,10-dimethyl-1,2 ... benzanthracene. Ch.M thesis, University of Glasgow. [Open Access] L. Lawson, Sarah Anne (1971) Characterisation, identity, and ...http://theses.gla.ac.uk/view/year/1971.html
Zariyantey Abd Hamid, Dr. - Fingerprint - The National University of Malaysia
Fingerprint Fingerprint is based on mining the text of the person's research documents to create an index of weighted terms, which defines the key subjects of each individual researcher. ...https://ukm.pure.elsevier.com/en/persons/zariyantey-abd-hamid/fingerprints/
- A comparison of GGT-positive foci at the completion of the DMBA regimen and at 10 weeks thereafter revealed no significant decrease in either the number or the size of the foci. (biomedsearch.com)
- During the same 10-week posttreatment period, several dysplastic and occasional neoplastic lesions, some of which displayed patchy GGT activity, developed in the pouch epithelium of DMBA-treated animals. (biomedsearch.com)
- In this study, we used 5-aminolevulinic (ALA) acid and 3 water soluble photosensitizers-PP(Arg)(2), PP(Ser)(2)Arg(2), PP(Ala)(2)Arg(2), all diamino acid derivatives of protoporphyrin IX-to treat benign papillomas in FVB/N mice induced by 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene (DMBA)-12-O-tetradecanoyl-phorbol-13-acetate (TPA). (biomedsearch.com)
- While all mice and rats developed the expected tumors following treatment with both carcinogens, among Spalax no tumors were observed after DMBA/TPA treatment, while 3MCA induced benign fibroblastic proliferation in 2 Spalax individuals out of12, and only a single animal from the advanced age group developed malignancy 18 months post-treatment. (nih.gov)
- 9, 10 Dimethyl 1,2 benzanthracene (DMBA) also induced ODC activity of MCF-7 cells in similar manner. (cdc.gov)
- In contrast, identical treatment with N-OH-3-ABA resulted in adduct levels in the same range as with DMBA (136+/-25 adducts/10(8) nucleotides), indicating that initial DNA adduct levels do not parallel tumour initiating activity. (openrepository.com)
- The effect of zinc on 9, 10 dimethyl- 1, 2 benzanthracene(DMBA) induced salivary gland tumours in the albino rat. (wits.ac.za)
- Characterization of ornithine decarboxylase activies of human breast cancer cells (MCF-7) and spontaneously immortalized human mammary cells (MCF-10). (cdc.gov)
- Preliminary to our studies of EMF on ODC in human breast cancer cells (MCF-7) and spontaneously immortalized human mammary cells (MCF-10), we attempted to characterize the enzyme's response to a number of common ODC inducers. (cdc.gov)
- For example, sulforaphane was shown to offer statistically significant protection against 9,10-dimethyl-1,2-benzanthracene-induced mammary tumorigenesis in rats (15) . (aacrjournals.org)
- In addition, BALB/c and C57BL/6 females were treated with progesterone or MPA for 1 or 2 months, and mammary glands were excised for histologic studies and for immunohistochemical and Western blot evaluation of ER and PR. (biomedcentral.com)
- Here we addressed the questions of (1) whether Spalax is resistant to chemically-induced tumorigenesis, and (2) whether normal fibroblasts isolated from Spalax possess tumor-suppressive activity. (nih.gov)
- Evidence that tumorigenesis is a multistage process first emerged from experiments showing that wounding of skin previously treated with coal tar resulted in tumor formation at the wound site (1). (springer.com)
- Microinjection of antibody directed against CENP-E ( 13 , 14 ) and expression of N-terminal deletion mutants of CENP-E lacking 800 or more N-terminal residues, including the motor domain ( 9 , 13 ), produced a similar failure of the minority of chromosomes to achieve metaphase alignment. (pnas.org)
- The HSV-1 proteins which have phosphorylated tyrosine residues and suppressed by tyrphostin 9 most significantly were the products of the UL47 gene, the tegument proteins VP13/14. (nii.ac.jp)
- Here, we show that multidomain proapoptotic Bcl-2 family members Bax and Bak play a critical role in apoptosis induction by sulforaphane. (aacrjournals.org)
- Tissues from Chk2 -/- mice, including those from the thymus, central nervous system, fibroblasts, epidermis, and hair follicles, show significant defects in IR-induced apoptosis or impaired G 1 /S arrest. (elsevier.com)
- Quantitative comparison of the G 1 /S checkpoint, apoptosis, and expression of p53 proteins in Chk2 -/- versus ATM -/- thymocytes suggested that Chk2 can regulate p53-dependent apoptosis in an ATM-independent manner. (elsevier.com)
- 1. A composition for use in the treatment, prevention or amelioration of a disease or condition which is treatable, preventable, or ameliorable by activation of transcription factor Nrf2 (NF-E2 related factor 2), comprising isohumulones or isomerized hop extract as an active ingredient. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 4. The composition according to claim 1, for use in the prevention or suppression of metastasis or infiltration of cancer cells. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 5. The composition according to claim 1, for use in the treatment, prevention, or amelioration of inflammation of the arterial wall which leads to arteriosclerosis. (freepatentsonline.com)
- In the present study, the effects of PK inhibitors including protein tyrosine kinase (PTK) inhibitors, genistein and tyrphostin, and protein kinase C (PKC) inhibitor, 1-(5-isoquinoline- sulfonyl)-2-methylpiperazine (H-7), on the replication of HSV-1 and phosphorylation of viral proteins were examined. (nii.ac.jp)
- Depletion of CENP-E from cultured human cells using antisense oligonucleotides or RNAi causes prolonged cell-cycle delay in mitosis that is characterized by an intact bipolar mitotic spindle with several chromosomes clustered close to either spindle pole ( 10 , 11 ). (pnas.org)
- On the other hand, PKC activator 12-o-teradecanoyl phorbol-13-acetate enhanced the HSV-1-induced syncytium formation in A431 epidermoid carcinoma cells, suggesting that PKC activation promotes the development of multinucleated giant cells in herpetic muco-cutaneous lesions. (nii.ac.jp)
- MCP-1/CCL2 (monocyte chemoattractant protein-1/CC chemokine ligand 2) is a β or CC chemokine that is expressed by a variety of cell types, including fibroblasts, endothelial, smooth muscle, and glial cells. (elsevier.com)
- 2. The composition according to claim 1, wherein the disease or condition which is treatable, preventable, or ameliorable by the activation of transcription factor Nrf2 is oxidative stress, detoxification of xenobiotic substances, chronic inflammation, or a disease or condition related thereto. (freepatentsonline.com)