Encyclopedias as Topic
Herpesvirus 2, Saimiriine
NIH 3T3 Cells
A continuous cell line of high contact-inhibition established from NIH Swiss mouse embryo cultures. The cells are useful for DNA transfection and transformation studies. (From ATCC [Internet]. Virginia: American Type Culture Collection; c2002 [cited 2002 Sept 26]. Available from http://www.atcc.org/)
Theoretical construct used in applied mathematics to analyze certain situations in which there is an interplay between parties that may have similar, opposed, or mixed interests. In a typical game, decision-making "players," who each have their own goals, try to gain advantage over the other parties by anticipating each other's decisions; the game is finally resolved as a consequence of the players' decisions.
Filamentous proteins that are the main constituent of the thin filaments of muscle fibers. The filaments (known also as filamentous or F-actin) can be dissociated into their globular subunits; each subunit is composed of a single polypeptide 375 amino acids long. This is known as globular or G-actin. In conjunction with MYOSINS, actin is responsible for the contraction and relaxation of muscle.
Cell Line, Transformed
A microtubule subunit protein found in large quantities in mammalian brain. It has also been isolated from SPERM FLAGELLUM; CILIA; and other sources. Structurally, the protein is a dimer with a molecular weight of approximately 120,000 and a sedimentation coefficient of 5.8S. It binds to COLCHICINE; VINCRISTINE; and VINBLASTINE.
A bibliographic database that includes MEDLINE as its primary subset. It is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. PubMed, which is searchable through NLM's Web site, also includes access to additional citations to selected life sciences journals not in MEDLINE, and links to other resources such as the full-text of articles at participating publishers' Web sites, NCBI's molecular biology databases, and PubMed Central.
Endocytic/exocytic CELL MEMBRANE STRUCTURES rich in glycosphingolipids, cholesterol, and lipid-anchored membrane proteins that function in ENDOCYTOSIS (potocytosis), transcytosis, and SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION. Caveolae assume various shapes from open pits to closed vesicles. Caveolar coats are composed of CAVEOLINS.
The use of instrumentation and techniques for visualizing material and details that cannot be seen by the unaided eye. It is usually done by enlarging images, transmitted by light or electron beams, with optical or magnetic lenses that magnify the entire image field. With scanning microscopy, images are generated by collecting output from the specimen in a point-by-point fashion, on a magnified scale, as it is scanned by a narrow beam of light or electrons, a laser, a conductive probe, or a topographical probe.
Fluorescent Antibody Technique
Test for tissue antigen using either a direct method, by conjugation of antibody with fluorescent dye (FLUORESCENT ANTIBODY TECHNIQUE, DIRECT) or an indirect method, by formation of antigen-antibody complex which is then labeled with fluorescein-conjugated anti-immunoglobulin antibody (FLUORESCENT ANTIBODY TECHNIQUE, INDIRECT). The tissue is then examined by fluorescence microscopy.
The prototypical analgesic used in the treatment of mild to moderate pain. It has anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties and acts as an inhibitor of cyclooxygenase which results in the inhibition of the biosynthesis of prostaglandins. Aspirin also inhibits platelet aggregation and is used in the prevention of arterial and venous thrombosis. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p5)
Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha
Serum glycoprotein produced by activated MACROPHAGES and other mammalian MONONUCLEAR LEUKOCYTES. It has necrotizing activity against tumor cell lines and increases ability to reject tumor transplants. Also known as TNF-alpha, it is only 30% homologous to TNF-beta (LYMPHOTOXIN), but they share TNF RECEPTORS.
Non-antibody proteins secreted by inflammatory leukocytes and some non-leukocytic cells, that act as intercellular mediators. They differ from classical hormones in that they are produced by a number of tissue or cell types rather than by specialized glands. They generally act locally in a paracrine or autocrine rather than endocrine manner.
Mammary Neoplasms, Experimental
Cell Transformation, Neoplastic
Transformation mediated by RhoA requires activity of ROCK kinases. (1/10733)BACKGROUND: The Ras-related GTPase RhoA controls signalling processes required for cytoskeletal reorganisation, transcriptional regulation, and transformation. The ability of RhoA mutants to transform cells correlates not with transcription but with their ability to bind ROCK-I, an effector kinase involved in cytoskeletal reorganisation. We used a recently developed specific ROCK inhibitor, Y-27632, and ROCK truncation mutants to investigate the role of ROCK kinases in transcriptional activation and transformation. RESULTS: In NIH3T3 cells, Y-27632 did not prevent the activation of serum response factor, transcription of c-fos or cell cycle re-entry following serum stimulation. Repeated treatment of NIH3T3 cells with Y-27632, however, substantially disrupted their actin fibre network but did not affect their growth rate. Y-27632 blocked focus formation by RhoA and its guanine-nucleotide exchange factors Dbl and mNET1. It did not affect the growth rate of cells transformed by Dbl and mNET1, but restored normal growth control at confluence and prevented their growth in soft agar. Y-27632 also significantly inhibited focus formation by Ras, but had no effect on the establishment or maintenance of transformation by Src. Furthermore, it significantly inhibited anchorage-independent growth of two out of four colorectal tumour cell lines. Consistent with these data, a truncated ROCK derivative exhibited weak ability to cooperate with activated Raf in focus formation assays. CONCLUSIONS: ROCK signalling is required for both the establishment and maintenance of transformation by constitutive activation of RhoA, and contributes to the Ras-transformed phenotype. These observations provide a potential explanation for the requirement for Rho in Ras-mediated transformation. Moreover, the inhibition of ROCK kinases may be of therapeutic use. (+info)
Polarized distribution of Bcr-Abl in migrating myeloid cells and co-localization of Bcr-Abl and its target proteins. (2/10733)Bcr-Abl plays a critical role in the pathogenesis of Philadelphia chromosome-positive leukemia. Although a large number of substrates and interacting proteins of Bcr-Abl have been identified, it remains unclear whether Bcr-Abl assembles multi-protein complexes and if it does where these complexes are within cells. We have investigated the localization of Bcr-Abl in 32D myeloid cells attached to the extracellular matrix. We have found that Bcr-Abl displays a polarized distribution, colocalizing with a subset of filamentous actin at trailing portions of migrating 32D cells, and localizes on the cortical F-actin and on vesicle-like structures in resting 32D cells. Deletion of the actin binding domain of Bcr-Abl (Bcr-AbI-AD) dramatically enhances the localization of Bcr-Abl on the vesicle-like structures. These distinct localization patterns of Bcr-Abl and Bcr-Abl-AD enabled us to examine the localization of Bcr-Abl substrate and interacting proteins in relation to Bcr-Abl. We found that a subset of biochemically defined target proteins of Bcr-Abl redistributed and co-localized with Bcr-Abl on F-actin and on vesicle-like structures. The co-localization of signaling proteins with Bcr-Abl at its sites of localization supports the idea that Bcr-Abl forms a multi-protein signaling complex, while the polarized distribution and vesicle-like localization of Bcr-Abl may play a role in leukemogenesis. (+info)
Expression of the naturally occurring truncated trkB neurotrophin receptor induces outgrowth of filopodia and processes in neuroblastoma cells. (3/10733)We have investigated the effects of the truncated trkB receptor isoform T1 (trkB.T1) by transient transfection into mouse N2a neuroblastoma cells. We observed that expression of trkB.T1 leads to a striking change in cell morphology characterized by outgrowth of filopodia and processes. A similar morphological response was also observed in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cells and NIH3T3 fibroblasts transfected with trkB.T1. N2a cells lack endogenous expression of trkB isoforms, but express barely detectable amounts of its ligands, brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and neurotrophin-4 (NT-4). The morphological change was ligand-independent, since addition of exogenous BDNF or NT-4 or blockade of endogenous trkB ligands did not influence this response. Filopodia and process outgrowth was significantly suppressed when full-length trkB.TK+ was cotransfected together with trkB.T1 and this inhibitory effect was blocked by tyrosine kinase inhibitor K252a. Transfection of trkB.T1 deletion mutants showed that the morphological response is dependent on the extracellular, but not the intracellular domain of the receptor. Our results suggest a novel ligand-independent role for truncated trkB in the regulation of cellular morphology. (+info)
Plasma membrane recruitment of RalGDS is critical for Ras-dependent Ral activation. (4/10733)In COS cells, Ral GDP dissociation stimulator (RalGDS)-induced Ral activation was stimulated by RasG12V or a Rap1/Ras chimera in which the N-terminal region of Rap1 was ligated to the C-terminal region of Ras but not by Rap1G12V or a Ras/Rap1 chimera in which the N-terminal region of Ras was ligated to the C-terminal region of Rap1, although RalGDS interacted with these small GTP-binding proteins. When RasG12V, Ral and the Rap1/Ras chimera were individually expressed in NIH3T3 cells, they localized to the plasma membrane. Rap1Q63E and the Ras/Rap1 chimera were detected in the perinuclear region. When RalGDS was expressed alone, it was abundant in the cytoplasm. When coexpressed with RasG12V or the Rap1/Ras chimera, RalGDS was detected at the plasma membrane, whereas when coexpressed with Rap1Q63E or the Ras/Rap1 chimera, RalGDS was observed in the perinuclear region. RalGDS which was targeted to the plasma membrane by the addition of Ras farnesylation site (RalGDS-CAAX) activated Ral in the absence of RasG12V. Although RalGDS did not stimulate the dissociation of GDP from Ral in the absence of the GTP-bound form of Ras in a reconstitution assay using the liposomes, RalGDS-CAAX could stimulate it without Ras. RasG12V activated Raf-1 when they were coexpressed in Sf9 cells, whereas RasG12V did not affect the RalGDS activity. These results indicate that Ras recruits RalGDS to the plasma membrane and that the translocated RalGDS induces the activation of Ral, but that Rap1 does not activate Ral due to distinct subcellular localization. (+info)
Id helix-loop-helix proteins inhibit nucleoprotein complex formation by the TCF ETS-domain transcription factors. (5/10733)The Id subfamily of helix-loop-helix (HLH) proteins plays a fundamental role in the regulation of cellular proliferation and differentiation. Id proteins are thought to inhibit differentiation mainly through interaction with other HLH proteins and by blocking their DNA-binding activity. Members of the ternary complex factor (TCF) subfamily of ETS-domain proteins have key functions in regulating immediate-early gene expression in response to mitogenic stimulation. TCFs form DNA-bound complexes with the serum response factor (SRF) and are direct targets of MAP kinase (MAPK) signal transduction cascades. In this study we demonstrate functional interactions between Id proteins and TCFs. Ids bind to the ETS DNA-binding domain and disrupt the formation of DNA-bound complexes between TCFs and SRF on the c-fos serum response element (SRE). Inhibition occurs by disrupting protein-DNA interactions with the TCF component of this complex. In vivo, the Id proteins cause down-regulation of the transcriptional activity mediated by the TCFs and thereby block MAPK signalling to SREs. Therefore, our results demonstrate a novel facet of Id function in the coordination of mitogenic signalling and cell cycle entry. (+info)
A cytomegalovirus glycoprotein re-routes MHC class I complexes to lysosomes for degradation. (6/10733)Mouse cytomegalovirus (MCMV) early gene expression interferes with the major histocompatibility complex class I (MHC class I) pathway of antigen presentation. Here we identify a 48 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein encoded by the MCMV early gene m06, which tightly binds to properly folded beta2-microglobulin (beta2m)-associated MHC class I molecules in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). This association is mediated by the lumenal/transmembrane part of the protein. gp48-MHC class I complexes are transported out of the ER, pass the Golgi, but instead of being expressed on the cell surface, they are redirected to the endocytic route and rapidly degraded in a Lamp-1(+) compartment. As a result, m06-expressing cells are impaired in presenting antigenic peptides to CD8(+) T cells. The cytoplasmic tail of gp48 contains two di-leucine motifs. Mutation of the membrane-proximal di-leucine motif of gp48 restored surface expression of MHC class I, while mutation of the distal one had no effect. The results establish a novel viral mechanism for downregulation of MHC class I molecules by directly binding surface-destined MHC complexes and exploiting the cellular di-leucine sorting machinery for lysosomal degradation. (+info)
Activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 by UV irradiation is inhibited by wortmannin without affecting c-iun expression. (7/10733)Activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinases (JNKs)/stress-activated protein kinases is an early response of cells upon exposure to DNA-damaging agents. JNK-mediated phosphorylation of c-Jun is currently understood to stimulate the transactivating potency of AP-1 (e.g., c-Jun/c-Fos; c-Jun/ATF-2), thereby increasing the expression of AP-1 target genes. Here we show that stimulation of JNK1 activity is not a general early response of cells exposed to genotoxic agents. Treatment of NIH 3T3 cells with UV light (UV-C) as well as with methyl methanesulfonate (MMS) caused activation of JNK1 and an increase in c-Jun protein and AP-1 binding activity, whereas antineoplastic drugs such as mafosfamide, mitomycin C, N-hydroxyethyl-N-chloroethylnitrosourea, and treosulfan did not elicit this response. The phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitor wortmannin specifically blocked the UV-stimulated activation of JNK1 but did not affect UV-driven activation of extracellular regulated kinase 2 (ERK2). To investigate the significance of JNK1 for transactivation of c-jun, we analyzed the effect of UV irradiation on c-jun expression under conditions of wortmannin-mediated inhibition of UV-induced stimulation of JNK1. Neither the UV-induced increase in c-jun mRNA, c-Jun protein, and AP-1 binding nor the activation of the collagenase and c-jun promoters was affected by wortmannin. In contrast, the mitogen-activated protein kinase/ERK kinase inhibitor PD98056, which blocked ERK2 but not JNK1 activation by UV irradiation, impaired UV-driven c-Jun protein induction and AP-1 binding. Based on the data, we suggest that JNK1 stimulation is not essential for transactivation of c-jun after UV exposure, whereas activation of ERK2 is required for UV-induced signaling leading to elevated c-jun expression. (+info)
Cell growth inhibition by farnesyltransferase inhibitors is mediated by gain of geranylgeranylated RhoB. (8/10733)Recent results have shown that the ability of farnesyltransferase inhibitors (FTIs) to inhibit malignant cell transformation and Ras prenylation can be separated. We proposed previously that farnesylated Rho proteins are important targets for alternation by FTIs, based on studies of RhoB (the FTI-Rho hypothesis). Cells treated with FTIs exhibit a loss of farnesylated RhoB but a gain of geranylgeranylated RhoB (RhoB-GG), which is associated with loss of growth-promoting activity. In this study, we tested whether the gain of RhoB-GG elicited by FTI treatment was sufficient to mediate FTI-induced cell growth inhibition. In support of this hypothesis, when expressed in Ras-transformed cells RhoB-GG induced phenotypic reversion, cell growth inhibition, and activation of the cell cycle kinase inhibitor p21WAF1. RhoB-GG did not affect the phenotype or growth of normal cells. These effects were similar to FTI treatment insofar as they were all induced in transformed cells but not in normal cells. RhoB-GG did not promote anoikis of Ras-transformed cells, implying that this response to FTIs involves loss-of-function effects. Our findings corroborate the FTI-Rho hypothesis and demonstrate that gain-of-function effects on Rho are part of the drug mechanism. Gain of RhoB-GG may explain how FTIs inhibit the growth of human tumor cells that lack Ras mutations. (+info)
Imak arthritis gloves Shopping Online In Pakistan
If you are looking to search Imak arthritis gloves and want to enjoy the online shopping of Imak arthritis gloves than shoppingbag.pk is the best online shopping website for this.
Id like your advice on NIH 3T3 sonication -> Attachments -...
Major Medical Innovation Legislation Inches Forward in US Congress: Would Have Sweeping Impact on NIH and FDA | Kidney News
Congress is not expected to accomplish much before the general election season begins in earnest this summer, but there is broad bipartisan support for accelerating the discovery, development, and delivery of promising new therapies.
Recommended] - LTK- cells are mouse fibroblast cells - Australian Expert Writers
Im a little bit confused about the LTK- cells. Does this mean that normal fibroblast cells would use a tyrosine kinase pathway for cell growth, but they lack the enzyme to do so, therefore GPCR is the pathway they used? The cells are a mouse fibroblast cell line which can be used safely on the bench. The cells express beta adrenergic receptors. You should focus on the effects of the drugs themselves and the fact that LTK- cells express these receptors ...
Report on NIH Collaborations with Other HHS Agencies - Committee, Advisory Group, or Work Group
Funding levels reported in the Fiscal Year 2015 Intra-Agency Collaborations Reporting System (CRS) may not be consistent with funding levels reported under the Estimates of Funding for Various Research, Condition, and Disease Categories (RCDC) at the NIH Office of Budget Website at https://report.nih.gov/categorical_spending.aspx. The current process, implemented in 2008 through the Research, Condition, and Disease Categorization (RCDC) system, uses sophisticated text data mining (categorizing and clustering using words and multiword phrases) in conjunction with NIH-wide definitions used to match projects to categories. RCDC use of data mining improves consistency and eliminates the wide variability in defining the research categories reported. The definitions are a list of terms and concepts selected by NIH scientific experts to define a research category. The research category levels represent the NIHs best estimates based on the category definitions ...
Report on NIH Collaborations with Other HHS Agencies - Health Survey
Funding levels reported in the Fiscal Year 2015 Intra-Agency Collaborations Reporting System (CRS) may not be consistent with funding levels reported under the Estimates of Funding for Various Research, Condition, and Disease Categories (RCDC) at the NIH Office of Budget Website at https://report.nih.gov/categorical_spending.aspx. The current process, implemented in 2008 through the Research, Condition, and Disease Categorization (RCDC) system, uses sophisticated text data mining (categorizing and clustering using words and multiword phrases) in conjunction with NIH-wide definitions used to match projects to categories. RCDC use of data mining improves consistency and eliminates the wide variability in defining the research categories reported. The definitions are a list of terms and concepts selected by NIH scientific experts to define a research category. The research category levels represent the NIHs best estimates based on the category definitions ...
October 25, 2004 - ASM Comments on NIH Proposal to Facilitate Enhanced Public Access to Research Information
The American Society for Microbiology (ASM) is the oldest and largest single life science membership organization in the world. Membership has grown from 59 scientists in 1899 to more than 39,000 members today, with more than one third located outside the United States. The members represent 26 disciplines of microbiological specialization plus a division for microbiology educators.
JCI - Dual function of MyD88 in RAS signaling and inflammation, leading to mouse and human cell transformation
To address whether MyD88 acts in a cell-autonomous fashion, we generated mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEF) from WT and MyD88-/- mice. MyD88-/- MEFs were resistant to cell transformation by DMBA/TPA in vitro, as assessed by the focus formation assay (Supplemental Figure 2). MyD88-/- MEFs were similarly resistant to transformation after transfection with RasV12/Myc (Figure 1B and Supplemental Figure 2). This resistance was not due to a general defect in transformation, since MyD88-/- MEFs are readily transformed with SV40 T antigen (7), suggesting a selective role for MyD88 in Ras signaling and transformation. We therefore asked whether MyD88 is involved in the canonical Ras/MAPK signaling pathway. While neither p38 nor Akt phosphorylation was affected by absence of MyD88 (Supplemental Figure 3), Erk MAPK phosphorylation was substantially reduced in MyD88-deficient MEFs treated with FGF (Figure 1C). We then retrovirally transduced MyD88-/- MEFs with MyD88. As shown in Supplemental Figure 4, the ...
DHFR-G8 ATCC ® CRL-1915™ Mus musculus
The DHFR-G8 cell line was produced by M.C. Hung, et al., in 1986 from the NIH/3T3 mouse fibroblast cell line which was cotransfected with the cNEU-p clone and the pSV2-DHFR plasmid. This cell line was developed from one methotrexate resistant colony by selection in 0.6 uM methotrexate and 10% dialyzed calf serum. These cells contain 50-100 copies of the cNeu-P (normal rat cosmid DNA) and produce approximately 4 x 10(5) molecules of encoded p185 protein per cell.
Portreti eteričnih olj - Šola aromaterapije
Aromatične rastline rastejo po vsem svetu in danes imamo dostop do preko 300 različnih eteričnih olj. Pridobivamo jih iz cvetov, korenin, lubja, semen, lupin.. Spoznajte portrete aromatičnih rastlin in se jih naučite uporabljati!
The role of His66 and His72 in the reaction mechanism of bovine liver low-M(r) phosphotyrosine protein phosphatase. | IRIS...
Site-directed mutagenesis of a synthetic gene coding for low-M(r) phosphotyrosine protein phosphatase from bovine liver has been carried out. The two histidine residues in the enzyme have been mutated to glutamine; both single and double mutants were produced. The mutated and non-mutated sequences have been expressed in Escherichia coli as fusion proteins, in which the low-M(r) phosphotyrosine protein phosphatase was linked to the C-terminal end of the maltose-binding protein. The fusion enzymes were easily purified by single-step affinity chromatography. The mutants were studied for their kinetic properties. Both single mutants showed decreased kcat. values (30 and 7% residual activities for His66 and His72 respectively), and alterations of the Ki values relative to four-competitive inhibitors were observed. The kinetic mechanism of p-nitrophenyl phosphate hydrolysis in the presence of both single mutants was determined and compared with that of the non-mutated enzyme. The rate-determining step ...
ras-transformed cells were significantly more sensitive to PA than their parental cells ---------------------- profound changes...
Posts about ras-transformed cells were significantly more sensitive to PA than their parental cells ---------------------- profound changes in TUMOR CELL and molecular written by didymusjudasthomas
Digital Standards | grants.nih.gov
the NIH uses a variety of new technologies and social media options to communicate and interact with citizens. These sites and applications include popular social networking and media sites, open source software communities and more. TPWAs are Web-based technologies that are not exclusively operated or controlled by NIH, such as applications not hosted on a .gov domain or those that are embedded on NIH Web pages. Users of TPWAs often share information with the general public, user community, and/or the third-party operating the Web site. These actors may use this information in a variety of ways. TPWAs could cause PII to become available or accessible to NIH and the public, regardless of whether the information is explicitly solicited or collected by NIH. The following list includes some of the TPWAs we use and their purpose. NIH sometimes collects and uses PII made available through third-party Web sites. However, we do not share PII made available through third-party Web sites. Your activity ...
NIH Lambda Lunch Meetings
An NIH Special Interest Group. From [email protected] Tue Feb 27 14:32:34 2001 Received: from mail.ncifcrf.gov (mail.ncifcrf.gov [18.104.22.168]) by fcs280s.ncifcrf.gov (8.10.0/8.10.0) with ESMTP id f1RJWXA10933; Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:32:34 -0500 (EST) Received: from gdecker.net.nih.gov (list.nih.gov [22.214.171.124]) by mail.ncifcrf.gov (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f1RJWSN25564; Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:32:28 -0500 (EST) Received: from list.nih.gov (list.nih.gov [126.96.36.199]) by gdecker.net.nih.gov (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f1RJVi024140; Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:31:44 -0500 (EST) Received: from LIST.NIH.GOV by LIST.NIH.GOV (LISTSERV-TCP/IP release 1.8d) with spool id 75589 for [email protected]; Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:31:44 -0500 Received: from helix.nih.gov (helix.nih.gov [188.8.131.52]) by gdecker.net.nih.gov (8.10.1/8.10.1) with ESMTP id f1RJVh024135 for ...
Go to Comments on NIH Prospective Exclusive License on Diabetes Treatments.
Figure source: IDF Diabetes Atlas Eighth Edition. The NIH has shared a press release published on Marketwatch.com, which provides the following estimates of the market for drugs to treat diabetes.. The global Antidiabetic Drug market is valued at 49600 million US$ in 2017 and will reach 96700 million US$ by the end of 2025, growing at a CAGR of 10.0% during 2018-2025.. Cost of development. The NIH has indicated that the most recent $1.38 million in company financing received by Ovensa is evidence that the company has sufficient resources to bring the invention to practical application. The NIH should take into account the relatively modest amount of resources necessary for development when evaluating the appropriate scope of rights for the license, including the term of exclusive rights.. 40 USC § 599. At the appropriate time in the licensing process, we expect the NIH to obtain advice from the Attorney General (as is required under 40 USC § 599) to determine if the disposal to a private ...
HuR involvement in mitotic clonal expansion during acquisition of the adipocyte phenotype
In the nucleus HuR binds to mRNAs containing adenylate-uridylate rich elements in the 3?- untranslated region. HuR may influence expression of its ligand mRNA through regulation of polyadenylation, translocation of the message to the cytosol, stabilization of the mRNA and/or altering its translational efficiency. Suppression of HuR using siRNA resulted in an attenuation of the 3T3-L1 differentiation program, consistent with HuR control of the expression of mRNA ligand (s) critical to the differentiation process. In the current study we begin to identify mRNA ligands of HuR whose regulated expression is necessary for adipogenesis. Originally published in Biochemical and Biophysiological Research Communications Vol. 383, No. 2 2009 ...
PMAP: SubstrateDB : cDNA, FLJ94334, Homo sapiens growth arrest-specific 2 (GAS2), mRNA (Growth arrest-specific 2, isoform CRA a)
cDNA, FLJ94334, Homo sapiens growth arrest-specific 2 (GAS2), mRNA (Growth arrest-specific 2, isoform CRA_a) contains a PF00307 domain.. cDNA, FLJ94334, Homo sapiens growth arrest-specific 2 (GAS2), mRNA (Growth arrest-specific 2, isoform CRA_a) contains a PF02187 domain.. cDNA, FLJ94334, Homo sapiens growth arrest-specific 2 (GAS2), mRNA (Growth arrest-specific 2, isoform CRA_a) is proteolytically cut by caspase-7 (C14.004) cleavage. SRVD-GKTS.. cDNA, FLJ94334, Homo sapiens growth arrest-specific 2 (GAS2), mRNA (Growth arrest-specific 2, isoform CRA_a) is proteolytically cut by caspase-3 (C14.003) cleavage. SRVD-GKTS.. ...
MDF Reports on NIH and NHLBI Funding Opportunities | Myotonic Dystrophy Foundation
MDF staff regularly speaks with potential funders and passes the information along to the research community via this space to help increase the breadth and depth of funded research in myotonic dystrophy. In the case of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), annual funding strategies, including pay lines, can be found on the Institute webpages (search NIAMS, NINDS, NHLBI, etc. and Funding Strategy). We learned about current funding policies and funding opportunity announcements in a recent meeting with the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI). Currently, there are very few federally funded projects directed at cardiovascular and respiratory involvement of DM. Because of NIHs focus on funding the best science, increased funding for burdensome heart and respiratory system involvement in DM would require an increase in the number and quality of research grant applications.. Is there an opportunity for DM funding from NHLBI? First, NHLBI is part of the interagency Muscular ...
Fibroblast transformation assay using Rat2
Anyone could give me some idea where I can find a good protocol for the transformation assay using Rat2 cells. The one you look for transformed foci. Do I need to stain the cells? Alex ...
Novel revertants of H-ras oncogene-transformed R6-PKC3 cells. | Molecular and Cellular Biology
Thank you for sharing this Molecular and Cellular Biology article.. NOTE: We request your email address only to inform the recipient that it was you who recommended this article, and that it is not junk mail. We do not retain these email addresses.. ...
Gentaur Molecular :Abfron \ anti PDGF Receptor \ LF-PA20626
Gentaur molecular products has all kinds of products like :search , Abfron \ anti_PDGF Receptor \ LF-PA20626 for more molecular products just contact us
Gentaur Molecular :Abfron \ anti PDGF Receptor \ LF-PA20392
Gentaur molecular products has all kinds of products like :search , Abfron \ anti_PDGF Receptor \ LF-PA20392 for more molecular products just contact us
Ezrin function is required for ROCK‐mediated fibroblast transformation by the Net and Dbl oncogenes | The EMBO Journal
The small GTPase RhoA controls many cytoskeletal processes, including actin polymerization, F‐actin bundling, myosin‐based contractility, formation of focal adhesions and formation of the contractile ring at cytokinesis (for a review see Van Aelst and DSouza‐Schorey, 1997). In addition, RhoA plays a less well understood role in the control of cell cycle progression, transformation and tumour cell invasiveness. In fibroblasts, activated RhoA is sufficient to induce DNA synthesis (Olson et al., 1995), and cooperates with activated Raf in focus formation assays (Khosravi‐Far et al., 1995; Qiu et al., 1995). Activated Rho GDP/GTP exchange factors (GEFs) are potent oncogenes in focus assays (for a review see Whitehead et al., 1997), and it has been proposed that their ability to induce anchorage‐independent growth arises because they mimic signalling by adhesion receptors (Schwartz et al., 1996). Rho activity is required for transformation by Ras and for induction of DNA synthesis in ...
北京大学医学部机构知识库([email protected]): Inhibitory effect of 14-3-3 proteins on serum-induced proliferation of cardiac fibroblasts
Proliferation in cardiac fibroblasts (CFs) can be induced by a wide variety of growth factors that recruit multiple signal transduction pathways, including mitogen-activated protein kinase, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and protein kinase C. As a family of dimeric phophoserine-binding proteins, 14-3-3s are associated with a multitude of proteins that regulate signal transduction, apoptosis and checkpoint control pathways. However, it remains unknown whether the 14-3-3 proteins play an active role in cardiac proliferation and alter their expression patterns in response to growth factors in CFs. R18 peptide, an isoform-independent 14-3-3 inhibitor, was used to disrupt 14-3-3 function by adenovirus-mediated transfer of R18-EYFP (AdR18). Our results demonstrate that the 14-3-3 isoforms gamma, zeta and epsilon were highly expressed in CFs and the expression of 14-3-3 epsilon was elevated following serum stimulation. Inhibition of 14-3-3 proteins by AdR18 potentiated mitogen-induced DNA synthesis in ...
Acid-soluble precursors and derivatives of phospholipids increase after stimulation of quiescent swiss 3T3 mouse fibroblasts...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Acid-soluble precursors and derivatives of phospholipids increase after stimulation of quiescent swiss 3T3 mouse fibroblasts with serum. AU - Warden, Craig H. AU - Friedkin, M.. AU - Geiger, P. J.. PY - 1980/5/30. Y1 - 1980/5/30. N2 - Automated phosphate analysis of acid-soluble pools of phosphate esters was employed to reveal possible biochemical changes during the transition of Swiss 3T3 mouse fibroblasts from quiescence to active replication of DNA. After 12 hours of stimulation with 10% fetal bovine serum the most notable were 3-fold increases in pools of phospholipid precursors and derivatives. These included glycerophosphocholine, glycerophosphoethanolamine, phosphocholine and phosphoethanolamine. Concurrent but less dramatic increases in pools of ATP, CTP and fructose 1,6-diphosphate were also obtained.. AB - Automated phosphate analysis of acid-soluble pools of phosphate esters was employed to reveal possible biochemical changes during the transition of Swiss 3T3 mouse ...
Cloning, purification, and properties of a phosphotyrosine pro...
Cloning, purification, and properties of a phosphotyrosine protein phosphatase from Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2).: We describe the isolation and characterizati
HydroPeptide Serum - Anti-Wrinkle Cellular Transformation Serum | Dermacare
HydroPeptide Serum - Anti-Wrinkle Cellular Transformation Serum,This skin transforming formula unites the most advanced skin correcting elements to revive skin at the cellular level, insuring ageless performance, protecting the skins DNA and replenishing
Talamus - Wikipedija, prosta enciklopedija
Tálamus je siva možganovina jajčaste somerne oblike v zadajšnjem delu medmožganov (diencefalona) s številnimi jedri. Pomemben je pri prevajanju senzoričnih in motoričnih signalov v možgansko skorjo ter uravnavanju zavesti, spanja in budnosti. Talamus predstavlja del kompleksne strukture možganskih jeder hipotalamusa, epitalamusa, pretalamusa (ventralnega talamusa) in dorzalnega talamusa. ...
How to Fix the NIH | DrugMonkey
Readers will note I do a fair amount of talkin about the ways the NIH-funded research game might be fixed. The NIH has recently posted a request for information on they way they do things. I cant overemphasize how important it is that you comment. Each and every one of you. Whether you are a…
Alternatives to animal testing
... detects the viability of 3T3 cells after exposure to a chemical in the presence or absence of light. The 3T3 cell line was ... Cell culture can be an alternative to animal use in some cases. For example, cultured cells have been developed to create ... Tumoroids-3D cell cultures derived from cells biopsied from human patients-can be used in studying the genomics and drug ... "NIH3T3 General Information". NIH 3T3 Cell Line. Retrieved 12 March 2021. Kristian Björnstad; Anders Helander; Peter Hultén; ...
Effects on the Cytoskeleton in NIH/3T3 Cells". The Journal of Biochemistry. 125 (5): 960-965. doi:10.1093/oxfordjournals.jbchem ... growth factor of the cell such as to induce the formation of mitogen-activated protein interaction and playing a role in cell ...
Expression of the mutant enzyme in NIH 3T3 cells". The Journal of Clinical Investigation. 86 (1): 351-5. doi:10.1172/JCI114708 ... Collins FS, Rossant J, Wurst W (January 2007). "A mouse for all reasons". Cell. 128 (1): 9-13. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2006.12.018. ... doi:10.1016/j.cell.2013.06.022. PMC 3717207. PMID 23870131. "Infection and Immunity Immunophenotyping (3i) Consortium". Tanoue ... July 2013). "Genome-wide generation and systematic phenotyping of knockout mice reveals new roles for many genes". Cell. 154 (2 ...
"Exogenous Sodium Pyruvate Stimulates Adipogenesis of 3T3-L1 Cells". Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. 117 (1): 39-48. doi: ... In the body, one way in which sodium pyruvate provides energy to cells is through pyruvate conversion to acetyl-CoA which then ... It is commonly added to cell culture media as an additional source of energy, but may also have protective effects against ... sodium pyruvate has been used in many experiments involving cell cultures to provide more energy. In adipocytes it was found ...
Cohen BD, Green JM, Foy L, Fell HP (Mar 1996). "HER4-mediated biological and biochemical properties in NIH 3T3 cells. Evidence ... Cell. 127 (1): 185-97. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2006.07.037. PMID 17018285. S2CID 18779079. "Entrez Gene: ERBB4 v-erb-a ... Culouscou JM, Plowman GD, Carlton GW, Green JM, Shoyab M (Sep 1993). "Characterization of a breast cancer cell differentiation ... Carpenter G (Mar 2003). "ErbB-4: mechanism of action and biology". Experimental Cell Research. 284 (1): 66-77. doi:10.1016/ ...
In vitro studies on differentiation have used the pre-committed preadipocyte lineage, such as 3T3-L1 and 3T3-F442A cell line, ... Green H, Kehinde O (28 February 1974). "Sublines of mouse 3T3 cells that accumulate lipid". Cell. 1 (3): 113-116. doi:10.1016/ ... PPARγ is necessary and sufficient to promote fat cell differentiation. PPARγ is required for embryonic stem cells (ES cells) ... "Spontaneous heritable changes leading to increased adipose conversion in 3T3 cells". Cell. 7 (1): 105-13. doi:10.1016/0092-8674 ...
Mouse embryonic fibroblast
These cells developed into a commonly used cell line NIH 3T3. MEFs treated by mitomycin or gamma rays (such treatment makes MEF ... Finally digest the remains by enzymes to obtain single isolated cells and culture the cells in a tissue culture dishes. MEF ... "Quantitative studies of the growth of mouse embryo cells in culture and their development into established lines". J. Cell Biol ... which is remarkable in the development of stem cell biology. Fibroblast Embryonic stem cell Jian-ming Xu (2005). "Preparation, ...
Fibroblast growth factor
Armelin HA (Sep 1973). "Pituitary extracts and steroid hormones in the control of 3T3 cell growth". Proceedings of the National ... For example: FGF15 and FGF19 (FGF15/19) are produced by intestinal cells but act on FGFR4-expressing liver cells to ... "Localisation of a fibroblast growth factor and its effect alone and with hydrocortisone on 3T3 cell growth". Nature. 249 (453 ... While many FGFs can be secreted by cells to act on distant targets, some FGF act locally within a tissue, and even within a ...
Infections associated with diseases
Fusinski, Keith A (2008). Adenovirus 36 E4orf1 gene induces differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells (PhD Dissertation). Wayne State ... Cell. 141 (7): 1135-45. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2010.05.009. PMC 2908380. PMID 20602997. Gavranich, John B; Chang, Anne B (2015). " ... and Merkel cell polyomavirus (MCPyV) in non small cell lung cancer". Experimental and Molecular Pathology. 89 (3): 222-6. doi: ... February 2014). "Coxsackievirus B1 is associated with induction of β-cell autoimmunity that portends type 1 diabetes". Diabetes ...
Moremen KW, Touster O (Jun 1985). "Biosynthesis and modification of Golgi mannosidase II in HeLa and 3T3 cells". The Journal of ... Velasco A, Hendricks L, Moremen KW, Tulsiani DR, Touster O, Farquhar MG (Jul 1993). "Cell type-dependent variations in the ... The Journal of Cell Biology. 115 (6): 1521-34. doi:10.1083/jcb.115.6.1521. PMC 2289207. PMID 1757461. Oka T, Ungar D, Hughson ... Molecular Biology of the Cell. 15 (5): 2423-35. doi:10.1091/mbc.E03-09-0699. PMC 404034. PMID 15004235. "Entrez Gene: MAN2A1 ...
Rho family of GTPases
Virtually all eukaryotic cells form such processes upon Rho activation. Fibroblasts such as Swiss 3T3 cells are often used to ... Before the cell can bud, Cdc42 is used to locate the region of the cell's membrane that will begin to bulge into the new cell. ... Before cells can undergo key processes such as budding, mitosis, or locomotion, it must have some manner of cell polarity. One ... Animal cells form many different shapes based on their function and location in the body. Rho proteins help cells regulate ...
explored 3T3-L1 adipocytes cocultured with RAW264.7 cells to examine this potential interaction. RAW264.7 coculture increases ... There was also a GPR84 downregulation in dentritic cell derived from FcRgamma chain KO mice. In microglial cells, the GPR84 ... EST clones corresponding to hgpr84 were from B cells (leukemia), neuroendocrine lung as well as in microglial cells and ... Ly6G + MDSCs in Lal-/- mice show strong immunosuppression on T cells, which contributes to impaired T cell proliferation and ...
Vitisin A (stilbenoid)
"Vitisin a inhibits adipocyte differentiation through cell cycle arrest in 3T3-L1 cells". Biochemical and Biophysical Research ... and NF-κB activation in RAW 264.7 cells". International Immunopharmacology. 9 (3): 319-323. doi:10.1016/j.intimp.2008.12.005. ...
Kolch W, Heidecker G, Lloyd P, Rapp UR (January 1991). "Raf-1 protein kinase is required for growth of induced NIH/3T3 cells". ... Romero F, Martínez-A C, Camonis J, Rebollo A (June 1999). "Aiolos transcription factor controls cell death in T cells by ... cell migration, inhibition of apoptosis, and cell differentiation. Hereditary gain-of-function mutations of c-Raf are ... "X-linked and cellular IAPs modulate the stability of C-RAF kinase and cell motility". Nat. Cell Biol. 10 (12): 1447-55. doi: ...
"Hindered diffusion of inert tracer particles in the cytoplasm of mouse 3T3 cells". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 84 (14): 4910- ... Examples of these processes include signal transduction from the cell membrane to sites within the cell, such as the cell ... cell signaling, and the generation of action potentials in excitable cells such as endocrine, nerve and muscle cells. The ... without damaging the other cell membranes, only about one quarter of cell protein was released. These cells were also able to ...
"Purified plasma membranes inhibit polypeptide growth factor-induced DNA synthesis in subconfluent 3T3 cells". Journal of Cell ... Cell. 126 (2): 335-348. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2006.05.046. PMC 2851639. PMID 16873064. Carter, Andrew P.; Garbarino, Joan E.; ... He was the president of the American Society for Cell Biology in 2012. He has also been an investigator at the Howard Hughes ... Ronald David Vale (born 1959) is a biochemist and cell biologist. He is a professor at the Department of Cellular and Molecular ...
"Regulated expression of three C/EBP isoforms during adipose conversion of 3T3-L1 cells". Genes Dev. 5 (9): 1538-52. doi:10.1101 ... Cell. 8 (4): 817-28. doi:10.1016/S1097-2765(01)00366-5. PMID 11684017. Ho PA, Alonzo TA, Gerbing RB, Pollard J, Stirewalt DL, ... The encoded protein is a key regulator of adipogenesis (the process of forming new fat cells) and the accumulation of lipids in ... Wang H, Iakova P, Wilde M, Welm A, Goode T, Roesler WJ, Timchenko NA (October 2001). "C/EBPalpha arrests cell proliferation ...
Cao Z, Umek RM, McKnight SL (Oct 1991). "Regulated expression of three C/EBP isoforms during adipose conversion of 3T3-L1 cells ... Cell. Biol. 18 (10): 5880-7. doi:10.1128/mcb.18.10.5880. PMC 109174. PMID 9742105. Zhang F, Lin M, Abidi P, Thiel G, Liu J ( ... Cell. 4 (5): 735-43. doi:10.1016/s1097-2765(00)80384-6. PMID 10619021. Liu YW, Tseng HP, Chen LC, Chen BK, Chang WC (July 2003 ... Cell. Biol. 23 (12): 4066-82. doi:10.1128/mcb.23.12.4066-4082.2003. PMC 156132. PMID 12773552. Mo X, Kowenz-Leutz E, Xu H, ...
Cao Z, Umek RM, McKnight SL (Sep 1991). "Regulated expression of three C/EBP isoforms during adipose conversion of 3T3-L1 cells ... CEBPD is involved in regulation of apoptosis and cell proliferation. It probably acts as tumor suppressor. One study in mice ... Cell Biology. 29 (12): 1525-39. doi:10.1016/S1357-2725(97)00083-6. PMID 9570146. Zhu Y, Saunders MA, Yeh H, Deng WG, Wu KK (Mar ... Cytogenetics and Cell Genetics. 70 (3-4): 188-91. doi:10.1159/000134030. PMID 7789168. Cleutjens CB, van Eekelen CC, van Dekken ...
Actinin alpha 1
"Modulation of alpha-actinin levels affects cell motility and confers tumorigenicity on 3T3 cells". J. Cell Sci. 107 (7): 1773- ... "Interaction of alpha-actinin with the cadherin/catenin cell-cell adhesion complex via alpha-catenin". J. Cell Biol. 130 (1): 67 ... Alpha actinin is an actin-binding protein with multiple roles in different cell types. In nonmuscle cells, the cytoskeletal ... and alpha-actinin-binding protein localized at cell-cell adherens junctions". J. Biol. Chem. 278 (6): 4103-11. doi:10.1074/jbc. ...
"Requirement for ras proto-oncogene function during serum-stimulated growth of NIH 3T3 cells". Nature. 313 (5999): 241-3. ... Cyclin D1 is expressed in all adult human tissues with the exception of cells derived from bone marrow stem cell lines (both ... Amplification of the CCND1 gene is present in: non-small cell lung cancers (30-46%) head and neck squamous cell carcinomas (30- ... Chromosomal translocation around the cyclin D1 gene locus is often seen in B mantle cell lymphoma. In mantle cell lymphoma, ...
"Entrez Gene: MDM4 Mdm4, transformed 3T3 cell double minute 4, p53 binding protein (mouse)". Strachan GD, Jordan-Sciutto KL, ... regulates p53-induced growth arrest and neuronal cell death during early embryonic mouse development". Mol. Cell. Biol. 22 (15 ... Cell. Biol. 22 (21): 7562-71. doi:10.1128/MCB.22.21.7562-7571.2002. PMC 135668. PMID 12370303. Badciong JC, Haas AL (2003). " ... Sabbatini P, McCormick F (2002). "MDMX inhibits the p300/CBP-mediated acetylation of p53". DNA Cell Biol. 21 (7): 519-25. doi: ...
Bone morphogenetic protein 4
"Bone morphogenetic protein-2 causes commitment and differentiation in C3H10T1/2 and 3T3 cells". Growth Factors. 9 (1): 57-71. ... "Regeneration of Thyroid Function by Transplantation of Differentiated Pluripotent Stem Cells". Cell Stem Cell. 17 (5): 527-42. ... If these cells also receive signals from FGF, they will differentiate into the spinal cord; in the absence of FGF the cells ... Also in conjunction with FGF2 it can produce progenitor thyroid cells from pluripotent stem cells in mice and humans. BMP4 has ...
Cao Z, Umek RM, McKnight SL (Sep 1991). "Regulated expression of three C/EBP isoforms during adipose conversion of 3T3-L1 cells ... C/EBPβ plays a role in neuronal differentiation, in learning, in memory processes, in glial and neuronal cell functions, and in ... In contrast, ectopic expression of C/EBPβ and δ in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes promotes adipogenesis, even in the absence of ... These proteins are found in hepatocytes, adipocytes, hematopoietic cells, spleen, kidney, brain, and many other organs. C/EBP ...
... coated it with 3T3 mouse cells to form connective tissue and topped it up with human bone cells in order to create a stronger ... The 3T3 mouse cells all come from a mouse who lived in the 1970s. The research and development of "Victimless Leather" has been ... To idealize the "victimless" of the jacket, immortalized cell lines or cells that divide and multiply forever once they are ... Victimless Leather - a prototype of a stitch-less jacket, grown from cell cultures into a layer of tissue supported by a coat ...
Ram, P. T.; Horvath, C. M.; Iyengar, R (2000). "Stat3-mediated transformation of NIH-3T3 cells by the constitutively active ... His laboratory focuses on how cell signals are routed and processed through cellular signaling networks within cells to ... "Stat3-mediated transformation of NIH-3T3 cells by the constitutively active Q205L Galphao protein". Science. 287 (5450): 142-4 ... Cell. 133 (4): 666-80. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2008.04.025. PMC 2728678. PMID 18485874. Bhalla, U. S.; Iyengar, R (1999). "Emergent ...
Melanocortin 2 receptor accessory protein
"Identification of novel putative membrane proteins selectively expressed during adipose conversion of 3T3-L1 cells". ... and also on the cell membrane, which indicates that MC2 needs MRAP to reach the cell membrane. In addition to cell trafficking ... MRAP mutations were found to disable the movement of MC2 to the cell surface of adrenal gland cells; this would make MC2 ... In fat cells, where MC2 is expressed, MRAP was found to facilitate MC2 activated lipolysis and therefore regulating energy ...
"Human spectrin Src homology 3 domain binding protein 1 regulates macropinocytosis in NIH 3T3 cells". J. Cell Sci. 113 (21): ... Cell. 15 (1): 91-8. doi:10.1091/mbc.E03-06-0427. PMC 307530. PMID 14565974. Lanzetti L, Rybin V, Malabarba MG, Christoforidis S ... Cell. Biol. 20 (20): 7591-601. doi:10.1128/MCB.20.20.7591-7601.2000. PMC 86315. PMID 11003655. Xu J, Ziemnicka D, Merz GS, ... Cell Biol. 34 (10): 1178-83. doi:10.1016/S1357-2725(02)00064-X. PMID 12127568. Cardwell C (1977). "Student or worker? ...
Muscarinic acetylcholine receptor M1
"Signaling through transforming G protein-coupled receptors in NIH 3T3 cells involves c-Raf activation. Evidence for a protein ... Ashkenazi A, Ramachandran J, Capon DJ (July 1989). "Acetylcholine analogue stimulates DNA synthesis in brain-derived cells via ... "Muscarinic m1 receptor-stimulated adenylate cyclase activity in Chinese hamster ovary cells is mediated by Gs alpha and is not ... when express in CHO cells, activates and downregulates both Gq alpha and G11 alpha equally and non-selectively". FEBS Letters. ...
"The discovery of a 3-phosphomonoesterase that hydrolyzes phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate in NIH 3T3 cells". J. Biol. Chem. 264 ...
"Testosterone inhibits adipogenic differentiation in 3T3-L1 cells: nuclear translocation of androgen receptor complex with beta- ... The mesoderm-derived epithelial cells of the sex cords in developing testes become the Sertoli cells, which will function to ... These are Leydig cells. Soon after they differentiate, Leydig cells begin to produce androgens. ... Dihydrotestosterone increased the number of BrdU cells, while flutamide inhibited these cells. ...
DNA from a rhabdomyosarcoma cell line and a fibrosarcoma cell line transformed a NIH/3T3 mouse fibroblast cell line. After ... He first realised that the addition of bovine fetal calf serum (FCS) to Swiss 3T3 cells increased the polymerisation of actin ... cells. Downregulation of RhoA in the HBE cell lines using siRNAs showed a lack of apical junction formation in contrast with ... made seminal contributions to our understanding of cell signalling in animal cells, in particular the role of Rho and Ras small ...
Platelet-derived growth factor
PDGF is a potent mitogen for cells of mesenchymal origin, including fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells and glial cells. In ... "Serum factor requirements of normal and simian virus 40-transformed 3T3 mouse fibroplasts". Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 68 (3): ... "Cell Death and Control of Cell Survival in the Oligodendrocyte Lineage". Cell. 70 (1): 31-46. doi:10.1016/0092-8674(92)90531-G ... vascular smooth muscle cells and mesenchymal stem cells as well as chemotaxis, the directed migration, of mesenchymal cells. ...
Hepatocyte growth factor
Kochhar KS, Johnson ME, Volpert O, Iyer AP (1995). "Evidence for autocrine basis of transformation in NIH-3T3 cells transfected ... It is secreted by mesenchymal cells and targets and acts primarily upon epithelial cells and endothelial cells, but also acts ... endothelial cells and haemopoietic progenitor cells, HGF also regulates the chemotaxis of T cells into heart tissue. Binding of ... cell morphogenesis. • positive regulation of cell proliferation. • hyaluronan metabolic process. • positive regulation of DNA ...
Muskarinski acetilholinski receptor M3 - Википедија
1994). „Signaling through transforming G protein-coupled receptors in NIH 3T3 cells involves c-Raf activation. Evidence for a ... Ashkenazi A, Ramachandran J, Capon DJ (1989). „Acetylcholine analogue stimulates DNA synthesis in brain-derived cells via ... between agonist intrinsic activity and the rate of endocytosis of muscarinic receptors in a human neuroblastoma cell line.". ... receptor subtypes and neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits in human mononuclear leukocytes and leukemic cell ...
槲皮素 - 维基百科，自由的百科全书
Plant Cell. 1999-10, 9 (10): 1767-1780. PMC 157020. PMID 12237347. doi:10.1105/tpc.9.10.1767.. ... Enhanced inhibition of adipogenesis and induction of apoptosis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes with combinations of resveratrol and ... Formation of transient covalent protein and DNA adducts by quercetin in cells with and without oxidative enzyme activity. Chem ... Paliwal S; Sundaram, J; Mitragotri, S. Induction of cancer-specific cytotoxicity towards human prostate and skin cells using ...
Moški spolni hormon - Wikipedija, prosta enciklopedija
januar 2006). "Testosterone inhibits adipogenic differentiation in 3T3-L1 cells: nuclear translocation of androgen receptor ... "Androgen receptor in human skeletal muscle and cultured muscle satellite cells: up-regulation by androgen treatment". The ... complex with beta-catenin and T-cell factor 4 may bypass canonical Wnt signaling to down-regulate adipogenic transcription ...
Muskarinski acetilholinski receptor M5
1994). "Signaling through transforming G protein-coupled receptors in NIH 3T3 cells involves c-Raf activation. Evidence for a ... Cell. Biochem. 228 (1-2): 57-72. PMID 11855742. doi:10.1023/A:1013368509855. CS1 održavanje: Eksplicitna upotreba et al. (link) ... 1996). "Identification and molecular characterization of a m5 muscarinic receptor in A2058 human melanoma cells. Coupling to ... receptor subtypes and neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits in human mononuclear leukocytes and leukemic cell ...
Alfa-1B adrenergički receptor - Википедија, слободна енциклопедија
... alpha 1-Adrenergic receptor subtypes differentially control the cell cycle of transfected CHO cells through a cAMP-dependent ... Ovaj gen kodira alfa-1B-adrenergički receptor, koji indukuje neoplastičnu transformaciju kad se transfektira u NIH 3T3 ... Minneman KP; Lee D; Zhong H (2000). „Transcriptional responses to growth factor and G protein-coupled receptors in PC12 cells: ... Gonzalez-Cabrera PJ; Shi T; Yun J (2004). „Differential regulation of the cell cycle by alpha1-adrenergic receptor subtypes.". ...
... found to be rearranged within a 3T3 fibroblast cell line following its transfection with DNA taken from human lymphoma cells.[6 ... positive regulation of cell migration. • neuron cell-cell adhesion. • nervous system development. • neuron maturation. • ... regulation of cell adhesion. • lymphocyte migration into lymphoid organs. • cell adhesion. • positive regulation of gene ... neural crest cell migration. • neuron differentiation. • positive regulation of cell size. • positive regulation of neuron ...
... a phorbol ester tumor promoter-inducible mRNA from Swiss 3T3 cells, encodes a novel prostaglandin synthase/cyclooxygenase ... However, when the ability of all these compounds to kill tumor cells in cell culture was investigated, it turned out that the ... a recent study with various malignant tumor cells showed that celecoxib could inhibit the growth of these cells, even though ... In vitro, the use of COX-2 inhibitors lowers the level of active HDM2 found in neuroblastoma cells. The exact process of how ...
Expression of E1 alpha mRNA and subunit in maple-syrup-urine-disease and 3T3-L1 cells". J. Biol. Chem. 263 (18): 9007-14. PMID ... Cell Genet. 50 (4): 236-7. doi:10.1159/000132768. PMID 2805821.. *. Fisher CW, Chuang JL, Griffin TA, et al. (1989). "Molecular ... "A T-to-A substitution in the E1 alpha subunit gene of the branched-chain alpha-ketoacid dehydrogenase complex in two cell lines ... state of branched-chain 2-oxo acid dehydrogenase in a branched-chain acyltransferase deficient human fibroblast cell line". J. ...
... inhibits activity of src tyrosine kinases and growth of NIH 3T3 cells". Mol. Cell. Biol. (UNITED STATES) 18 (6): 3245-56. ISSN ... interacts with nephrocystin and both proteins localize to cell-cell contacts of polarized epithelial cells". Exp. Cell Res. ( ... Frame MC, Fincham VJ, Carragher NO, Wyke JA (2002). "v-Src's hold over actin and cell adhesions". Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 3 ( ... Cell (United States) 122 (6): 957-68. ISSN 0092-8674. PMID 16169070. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2005.08.029. Cite uses deprecated ...
Leptin is a hormone produced by fat cells and acts as a long-term internal measure of energy state. Ghrelin is a short-term ... OXA stimulates glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and that increased energy uptake is stored as lipids (triacylglycerol). OXA ... Orexin-producing cells have recently been shown to be inhibited by leptin (through the leptin receptor pathway), but are ... Although these peptides are produced by a very small population of cells in the lateral and posterior hypothalamus, they send ...
Hormon rasta oslobađajući hormonski receptor
"Expression of a splice variant of the receptor for GHRH in 3T3 fibroblasts activates cell proliferation responses to GHRH ... Gaylinn BD (1999). "Molecular and cell biology of the growth hormone-releasing hormone receptor.". Growth Horm. IGF Res. 9 ...
"Molecular analysis and chromosomal mapping of amplified genes isolated from a transformed mouse 3T3 cell line". Somatic Cell ... traversing start control point of mitotic cell cycle. • negative regulation of cell cycle arrest. • protein ubiquitination. • ... from the transformed mouse cell line 3T3-DM. Mdm2 overexpression, in cooperation with oncogenic Ras, promotes transformation of ... cell nucleus. • nucleoplasm. • nucleolus. • macromolecular complex. Biological process. • negative regulation of signal ...
Carboxyfluorescein succinimidyl ester
December 1997). "Insulin has a limited effect on the cell cycle progression in 3T3 L1 fibroblasts". Molecules and Cells. 7 (6 ... "High-resolution tracking of cell division suggests similar cell cycle kinetics of hematopoietic stem cells stimulated in vitro ... Carboxyfluorescein succinimidyl ester (CFSE) is a fluorescent cell staining dye. CFSE is cell permeable and covalently couples ... October 2004). "'Proliferative' and 'synthetic' airway smooth muscle cells are overlapping populations". Immunology and Cell ...
Fibroblast growth factor
"Pituitary extracts and steroid hormones in the control of 3T3 cell growth". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of ... FGF15 and FGF19 (FGF15/19) are produced by intestinal cells but act on FGFR4-expressing liver cells to downregulate the key ... "Localisation of a fibroblast growth factor and its effect alone and with hydrocortisone on 3T3 cell growth". Nature. 249 (453 ... "Molecular Biology of the Cell. 10 (5): 1429-44. doi:10.1091/mbc.10.5.1429. PMC 25296. PMID 10233154.. ...
negative regulation of cell migration. • positive regulation of fatty acid metabolic process. • brown fat cell differentiation ... Adiponectin was first characterised in 1995 in differentiating 3T3-L1 adipocytes (Scherer PE et al.). In 1996 it was ... negative regulation of heterotypic cell-cell adhesion. • response to ethanol. • negative regulation of inflammatory response. • ... cell surface. • endoplasmic reticulum. • collagen. • extracellular. • extracellular region. • macromolecular complex. • ...
cell projection. • cell-cell junction. • ruffle. • plasma membrane. • COP9 signalosome. • lamellipodium. • Schaffer collateral ... "Potential role of Gab1 and phospholipase C-gamma in osmotic shock-induced glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes". Hormone and ... T cell receptor signaling pathway. • cell migration. • leukocyte migration. • calcium-mediated signaling. • epidermal growth ... "Cell. 138 (3): 514-24. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2009.05.028. PMC 4764080. PMID 19665973.. ...
"The 3T3 Neutral Red Uptake Phototoxicity Assay (3T3 NRU PT) can be utilized to identify the phototoxic effect of a test ... These rapidly attack nearby molecules, killing cells. A typical radical is singlet oxygen, produced from regular triplet oxygen ... 3T3 Neutral Red Phototoxicity Test - An in vitro toxicological assessment test used to determine the cytotoxic and photo(cyto) ... The reliability and relevance of the 3T3 NRU PT have been evaluated and has been shown to be predictive when compared with ...
These nylon-3 polymers can either mimic host defense peptides or act as signals to stimulate 3T3 stem cell function.[citation ... Nearly all of these antibiotics work by inhibiting bacterial cell wall biosynthesis. This has a lethal effect on bacteria, ... which have as function to cross-link the peptidoglycan part of the cell wall of the bacteria. The first synthetic β-lactam was ...
Overexpression of p120 leads to malignant transformation of 3T3 cells while treatment with antisense p120 mRNA causes the ... "Increased growth of NIH/3T3 cells by transfection with human p120 complementary DNA and inhibition by a p120 antisense ... Cell. 127 (3): 635-48. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2006.09.026. PMID 17081983. S2CID 7827573. v t e. ... Cell Biol. 4 (7): 529-33. doi:10.1038/ncb814. PMID 12080348. S2CID 24923289. Holsinger LJ, Ward K, Duffield B, Zachwieja J, ...
"Interaction of Munc-18-2 with syntaxin 3 controls the association of apical SNAREs in epithelial cells". J. Cell Sci. 111 (17 ... Tellam JT, Macaulay SL, McIntosh S, Hewish DR, Ward CW, James DE (1997). "Characterization of Munc-18c and syntaxin-4 in 3T3-L1 ... "Human syntaxin 3 is localized apically in human intestinal cells". J. Cell Sci. 110 (18): 2207-14. PMID 9378770. Galli T, ... Cell. 9 (6): 1437-48. doi:10.1091/mbc.9.6.1437. PMC 25366. PMID 9614185. Riento K, Galli T, Jansson S, Ehnholm C, Lehtonen E, ...
... is expressed at lower levels in NIH-3T3 fibroblasts, C2C12 myoblasts and Neuro-2A neuroblastoma cells. Dock11 mRNA has ... Côté JF, Vuori K (August 2007). "GEF what? Dock180 and related proteins help Rac to polarize cells in new ways". Trends in Cell ... Meller N, Merlot S, Guda C (November 2005). "CZH proteins: a new family of Rho-GEFs". Journal of Cell Science. 118 (Pt 21): ... Cell Cycle. 6 (6): 750-7. doi:10.4161/cc.6.6.3986. PMC 2040307. PMID 17361101. Lin Q, Yang W, Baird D, Feng Q, Cerione RA ( ...
... factor-1 and the heat shock cognate 70 protein associate in high molecular weight complexes in the cytoplasm of NIH-3T3 cells ... Cell. 122 (6): 957-68. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2005.08.029. hdl:11858/00-001M-0000-0010-8592-0. PMID 16169070. S2CID 8235923. Imai Y ... an apoptotic cell undergoes structural changes including cell shrinkage, plasma membrane blebbing, nuclear condensation, and ... "Intracellular localization and partial amino acid sequence of a stress-inducible 40-kDa protein in HeLa cells". Cell Structure ...
... system and AMPK pathway in 3T3-L1 cells". Food Chem. Toxicol. 48 (2): 716-21. doi:10.1016/j.fct.2009.12.001. PMID 19963029. Lin ...
... inhibitors cause cell death also in A-375 melanoma cells, which depend on autophagy for growth and proliferation, due ... "ArPIKfyve-PIKfyve interaction and role in insulin-regulated GLUT4 translocation and glucose transport in 3T3-L1 adipocytes". ... Cell. 127 (3): 635-48. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2006.09.026. PMID 17081983. S2CID 7827573.. ... "PIKfyve regulates CaV1.2 degradation and prevents excitotoxic cell death". The Journal of Cell Biology. 187 (2): 279-94. doi: ...
3T3 cells - Wikipedia
3T3 cells are several cell lines of mouse embryonic fibroblasts. The original 3T3 cell line (3T3-Swiss albino) was established ... Cellosaurus entry for 3T3 Nikon MicroscopyU Digital Video Gallery: 3T3 Cell Motility - a set of films of 3T3 cells in culture v ... 3T3 cells. Since then, several cell lines have been established with this procotol: 3T3-Swiss albino, the original 1962 cell ... "Sublines of mouse 3T3 cells that accumulate lipid". Cell. 1 (3): 113-116. doi:10.1016/0092-8674(74)90126-3. NIH 3T3 Cell Line ...
3T3 cells (RSV-transformed) from Exalpha Biologicals, Inc.
3T3 cells (RSV-transformed) Application: Western Blotting Control,biological,biology supply,biology supplies,biology product ... 3T3 cells (RSV-transformed) from Exalpha Biologicals, Inc., ... 3T3 cells (RSV-transformed). Source: Cell Lysate. Form: Ready ... pLivSelect PCR Cloning Kit L (Without competent cells) from Bio S&T. 2. CopyRight pSMART VC BamHI Cloning Kit (without cells) ... CopyRight pEZ BAC Blunt Cloning Kit (without cells) from Lucigen. 10. CopyRight pEZ BAC BamHI Cloning Kit (without cells) from ...
NIH / 3T3 cell line slides ( mouse: embryo ) from GeneTex
In order to keep the antigens in their native forms, cells were fixed in acetone-methanol. The cells are arrayed on a 12-well ( ... 3T3 cells were cultured in DMEM with 4 mM L-glutamine and harvested at the log phase of growth. ... 3T3 cell line slides ( mouse: embryo ) from GeneTex,Mouse NIH / ... Mouse NIH / 3T3 cells were cultured in DMEM with 4 mM L- ... A - 20 cell line slides ( mouse: B lymphocyte; reticulum cell sarcoma ) from GeneTex. 8. 293 cell line slides ( human: kidney; ...
NIH/3T3 whole cell lysate Question (63455) | Abcam
... for Abcams NIH/3T3 whole cell lysate. Our in-house scientific support team are here to help you with any technical questions ... Cell lines and Lysates. Multiplex miRNA assays. Multiplex Assays. By research area. Cancer. Cardiovascular. Cell Biology. ... Question (63455) , NIH/3T3 whole cell lysate (ab7179). Go to datasheet (ab7179) ... I would expect any of the MEF cell lines to work as a positive control, but I suggest using a whole cell lysate (ab14874 is a ...
Embryonic Swiss Mouse Fibroblast Cells (3T3 Line) | MicroscopyU
The culture was counterstained for DNA in the cell nucleus with DAPI. Images were recorded in grayscale with a 12-bit digital ... The culture of embryonic Swiss mouse fibroblast cells presented in the digital image above was labeled with MitoTracker Red ... Embryonic Swiss Mouse Fibroblast Cells (3T3 Line). The culture of embryonic Swiss mouse fibroblast cells presented in the ... The culture was counterstained for DNA in the cell nucleus with DAPI. Images were recorded in grayscale with a 12-bit digital ...
Expression of an exogenous eukaryotic DNA methyltransferase gene induces transformation of NIH 3T3 cells | PNAS
Expression of an exogenous eukaryotic DNA methyltransferase gene induces transformation of NIH 3T3 cells. J Wu, J P Issa, J ... Expression of an exogenous eukaryotic DNA methyltransferase gene induces transformation of NIH 3T3 cells ... Expression of an exogenous eukaryotic DNA methyltransferase gene induces transformation of NIH 3T3 cells ... Expression of an exogenous eukaryotic DNA methyltransferase gene induces transformation of NIH 3T3 cells ...
NIH 3T3 whole cell lysate (TPA stimulated) (ab14878) | Abcam
NIH 3T3 whole cell lysate (TPA stimulated) Lysates datasheet (ab14878). Abcam offers quality products including antibodies, ... NIH 3T3 cells are established from a NIH Swiss mouse embryo. These cells are highly contact inhibited and are sensitive to ... Cell line: NIH/3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast).. Cells were cultured in medium supplemented with 50 ng/ml TPA (phorbol, 12- ... NIH 3T3 whole cell lysate (TPA stimulated). See all NIH 3T3 lysates. ...
WikiGenes - NIH 3T3 Cells
EWS/FLI1-induced manic fringe renders NIH 3T3 cells tumorigenic .. *NIH 3T3 cells transfected with the cDNA of this protein ... Biological context of NIH 3T3 Cells. *Transformants of NIH 3T3 cells induced by transfection with MMTV LTR-p21 hybrid DNA have ... Disease relevance of NIH 3T3 Cells. *Overexpression of MFNG in NIH 3T3 cells renders them tumorigenic in mice with severe ... Stimulation of alpha 1 (I) procollagen gene expression in NIH-3T3 cells by the human T cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) Tax ...
WikiGenes - BALB 3T3 Cells
Heparan sulfates of mouse cells. Analysis of parent and transformed 3T3 cell lines. Underhill, C.B., Keller, J.M. J. Cell. ... Disease relevance of BALB 3T3 Cells. *Loss of Fv-1 restriction in Balb/3T3 cells following infection with a single N tropic ... Biological context of BALB 3T3 Cells. *Infection of BALB/c 3T3 cells with the Smith strain of MCMV resulted in strong down- ... In addition to NIH 3T3 cells, the c-mos negative regulatory sequence was active in BALB/3T3 cells, PC12 rat pheochromocytoma ...
3t3 culture cell - Stock Image G442/0133 - Science Photo Library
3t3 cells are an immortal cell line widely used in biological research. Magnification: x1000 when printed 10cm wide. - Stock ... Confocal light micrograph of a 3t3 (mouse fibroblast) cell in culture. The nucleus is blue. Protein fibres making up the cells ... The cytoskeleton is a network of structural proteins, such as actin and tubulin, that supports the cells organelles and other ... Keywords: 3t3, biological, biology, cancer, cell, cells, coloured, confocal light micrograph, culture, cultured, cytoskeletal, ...
Molecular analysis and chromosomal mapping of amplified genes isolated from a transformed mouse 3T3 cell line | SpringerLink
... in a spontaneously transformed derivative of mouse 3T3 cells. Toward that goal, we have... ... Somatic Cell cDNA Library cDNA Clone Mapping Study Cell Hybrid These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. ... Molecular analysis and chromosomal mapping of amplified genes isolated from a transformed mouse 3T3 cell line. ... these cells and have isolated cDNA clones representing sequences that are amplified and overexpressed in these 3T3-DM cells. ...
Caveolar structure and protein sorting are maintained in NIH 3T3 cells independent of glycosphingolipid depletion. - PubMed -...
When NIH 3T3 cells were depleted of their glucosylceramide based glycosphingolipid mass, the caveolar structure remained intact ... Caveolar structure and protein sorting are maintained in NIH 3T3 cells independent of glycosphingolipid depletion.. Shu L1, Lee ... When the GPI-linked protein B61 was inducibly expressed in these cells, sorting to caveolar membranes occurred normally, even ... Glycosphingolipids have been proposed to be critical components of clustered lipids within cell membranes that serve as rafts ...
Homocysteine and alpha-lipoic acid regulate p44/42 MAP kinase phosphorylation in NIH/3T3 cells. - PubMed - NCBI
Homocysteine and alpha-lipoic acid regulate p44/42 MAP kinase phosphorylation in NIH/3T3 cells.. Shi SS1, Day RM, Halpner AD, ... phosphorylation were examined in NIH/3T3 fibroblasts. Cells grown in serum-containing media had constitutive levels of MAPK ... Treatment of cells with 20 microM Hcy for 0-60 min resulted in a transient enhancement of MAPK phosphorylation. In contrast, 20 ... The effect of alphaLA appears to be serum-dependent because Hcy or alphaLA treatment of serum-deprived cells activated MAPK ...
Invasiveness and metastasis of NIH 3T3 cells induced by Met-hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor autocrine stimulation | PNAS
Metmu cells) or when human Met and human HGF/SF are coexpressed (HMH cells). Here, we show that Metmu and HMH cells are ... Invasiveness and metastasis of NIH 3T3 cells induced by Met-hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor autocrine stimulation. S ... Autocrine-mediated Met-HGF/SF signal transduction in NIH 3T3 mesenchymal cells may provide an important system for ... Invasiveness and metastasis of NIH 3T3 cells induced by Met-hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor autocrine stimulation ...
NIOSHTIC-2 Publications Search - 20023533 - Proto-oncogene activation and genomic instability of cadmium-induced cell...
Proto-oncogene activation and genomic instability of cadmium-induced cell transformation in BALB/c-3T3 cells.. ... and point mutation of cancer-related genes associated with Cd-induced cell transformation in BALB/c-3T3 cells were studied. Six ... Among 10 Cd-induced transformed cell lines, significant gene amplification was found for c-myc and c-jun in 50% and 80% of the ... These results suggest that cell transformation induced by Cd may be attributed, at least in part, to gene amplification of c- ...
Inhibition of adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells and suppression of abdominal fat accumulation in high-fat diet-feeding C57BL/6J mice...
... can affect adipogenesis in fat cells. The effects of HA on adipogenesis were investigated in vitro in 3T3-L1 cells and in vivo ... In vitro adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells was inhibited by treating them with exogenous hyaluronidase (HYAL) and with 4- ... 3T3-L1 cells were induced to differentiate into adipocytes for 5 days. (b) Transient transfection of 3T3-L1 cells with siRNA ... Reduction in HA levels and inhibition of adipogenesis in 3T3-L1. We treated 3T3-L1 cells with exogenous HYAL or 4-MU, which ...
nih 3t3, 3t3-l1 Cells | Thermo Fisher Scientific - US
Every Step of the Way, a Wide Range of Cell Health Products. Maintaining healthy cells is the key to experimental success and ... weve highlighted the technologies and products within cell biology that are critical to maintaining optimal cell health. No ... To give you confidence in the health of your cells every step of the way, ... Embryonic mouse fibroblast; Properties: contact inhibition; transformation; transfection; cell biology; ability to ...
Multiple new phenotypes induced in 10T1/2 and 3T3 cells treated with 5-azacytidine
These phenotypes were characterized as contractile striated muscle cells, biochemically differentiated adipocytes and ... Three new mesenchymal phenotypes were expressed in cultures of Swiss 3T3 and C3H/10T1/2CL8 mouse cells treated with 5- ... Multiple new phenotypes induced in 10T1/2 and 3T3 cells treated with 5-azacytidine Cell. 1979 Aug;17(4):771-9. doi: 10.1016/ ... Three new mesenchymal phenotypes were expressed in cultures of Swiss 3T3 and C3H/10T1/2CL8 mouse cells treated with 5- ...
BD NIH 3T3 Cell Lysate NIH 3T3 Cell Lysate; 500µg:Life Sciences | Fisher Scientific
3T3-F442A Cells | Thermo Fisher Scientific - US
Every Step of the Way, a Wide Range of Cell Health Products. Maintaining healthy cells is the key to experimental success and ... weve highlighted the technologies and products within cell biology that are critical to maintaining optimal cell health. No ... To give you confidence in the health of your cells every step of the way, ... matter how you are using your cells, you can count on these products to help keep them healthy. ...
Molecular Expressions Microscopy Primer: Specialized Microscopy Techniques - Fluorescence Digital Image Gallery - Embryonic...
The 3T3 cell presented in this section was part of an adherent culture stained for F-actin with Alexa Fluor 568 conjugated to ... Embryonic Swiss Mouse Fibroblast Cells (3T3). Soon after the 3T3 line was introduced, the scientists that developed the line ... View a smaller image of the embryonic Swiss mouse fibroblast (3T3) cell. ... The 3T3 cell presented in the digital image above was part of an adherent culture stained for F-actin with Alexa Fluor 568 ...
Molecular Expressions Microscopy Primer: Specialized Microscopy Techniques - Fluorescence Digital Image Gallery - Embryonic...
Embryonic Swiss Mouse Fibroblast Cells (3T3). At the time of their establishment, 3T3 cells were different than most other cell ... However, 3T3 cells, it was quickly realized, were not normal cells either, since they are capable of growing indefinitely. In ... due to examination of 3T3 cells and subsequent research it has become widely accepted that for immortalization of cells to take ... View a larger image of the embryonic Swiss mouse fibroblast (3T3) cells. ...
Aspirin Breaks the Crosstalk between 3T3-L1 Adipocytes and 4T1 Breast Cancer Cells by Regulating Cytokine Production
Subsequently, culture of 4T1 cells in 3T3-L1 adipocyte-conditioned medium (Ad-CM) and co-culture of 3T3-L1 and 4T1 cells using ... Aspirin inhibited inflammatory MCP-1 adipokine production by 3T3-L1 adipocytes and the cell growth and migration of 4T1 cells. ... α or conditioned medium from RAW264.7 cells. In 4T1 cells, treatment with aspirin decreased cell viability and migration, ... The aim of this study is to investigate the anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects of aspirin on 3T3-L1 adipocytes, 4T1 ...
Expression of activated rat neu oncogene is sufficient to induce experimental metastasis in 3T3 cells
... Oncogene. 1991 Nov;6(11): ... In our study, mouse embryo fibroblast 3T3 cells transformed by the mutation-activated rat neu oncogene exhibited metastatic ... while parental 3T3 cells did not. Monoclonal antibodies capable of inducing down-regulation of the neu-encoded p185 protein ... provide strong experimental evidence that neu oncogene expression is sufficient for the induction of metastasis in the 3T3 cell ...
Vasoformative Sarcomas Arising from BALB/3T3 Cells Attached to Solid Substrates | Cancer Research
That the tumors were derived from BALB/3T3 cells and not host cells was proved when tumors arising in BALB/c × C57BL/6 F1 ... Vasoformative Sarcomas Arising from BALB/3T3 Cells Attached to Solid Substrates. Charles W. Boone, Noritoshi Takeichi, Meera ... Vasoformative Sarcomas Arising from BALB/3T3 Cells Attached to Solid Substrates. Charles W. Boone, Noritoshi Takeichi, Meera ... Vasoformative Sarcomas Arising from BALB/3T3 Cells Attached to Solid Substrates. Charles W. Boone, Noritoshi Takeichi, Meera ...
Molecules | Free Full-Text | Modulation of HO-1 by Ferulic Acid Attenuates Adipocyte Differentiation in 3T3-L1 Cells
Therefore, we demonstrated that FA is a positive regulator of HO-1 in 3T3-L1, and may be an effective bioactive compound to ... We investigated whether HO-1 can be activated by FA and suppress adipogenic factors in 3T3-L1. Our results showed that FA ... In addition, HO-1 inhibitor stimulated lipid accumulation, while FA attenuated lipid accumulation in 3T3-L1 treated with HO-1 ... Modulation of HO-1 by Ferulic Acid Attenuates Adipocyte Differentiation in 3T3-L1 Cells. Eun-Jeong Koh †. ...
Experts and Doctors on nih 3t3 cells in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Genomes and Genes about Experts and Doctors on nih 3t3 cells in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore ... Experts and Doctors on nih 3t3 cells in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore. Summary. Locale: Singapore, Central Singapore ... You are here: Locale , Singapore , Central Singapore , Experts and Doctors on nih 3t3 cells in Singapore, Central Singapore, ... p53-mediated activation of the mitochondrial protease HtrA2/Omi prevents cell invasion. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:1191-207 pubmed ...
AID 143821 - Highest nontoxic concentration for cultured NIH 3T3 cells assessed by MTT staining. - PubChem
Molecules | Free Full-Text | Buddleja officinalis Maximowicz Extract Inhibits Lipid Accumulation on Adipocyte Differentiation...
When their adipose tissue morphology was investigated for histochemical staining, the distribution of cell size in the high-fat ... we elucidated that Buddleja officinalis Maximowicz extract significantly inhibited lipid accumulation during 3T3-L1 adipocyte ... Buddleja officinalis Maximowicz Extract Inhibits Lipid Accumulation on Adipocyte Differentiation in 3T3-L1 Cells and High-Fat ... "Buddleja officinalis Maximowicz Extract Inhibits Lipid Accumulation on Adipocyte Differentiation in 3T3-L1 Cells and High-Fat ...
Exogenous Expressions of FTO Wild-Type and R316Q Mutant Proteins Caused an Increase in HNRPK Levels in 3T3-L1 Cells as...
This study investigated the changes in the soluble proteome of 3T3-L1 cells upon expression of the WT and the mutant (R316Q) ... Exogenous Expressions of FTO Wild-Type and R316Q Mutant Proteins Caused an Increase in HNRPK Levels in 3T3-L1 Cells as ... Protein extracts prepared from 3T3-L1 cells expressing either the WT or the mutant FTO proteins were used in DIGE experiments. ... This increase may codictate the metabolic changes occurring in the cell and may attribute a significance to HNRNPK in FTO- ...
FibroblastsAdipocytesProliferationAdipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cellsDifferentiation of 3T3-L1 cellsEmbryoInhibitionLysateVitroAccumulationPreadipocytesFibroblast cell lineMiceSwiss Mouse Fibroblast CellsAssayProteinDifferentiate into an adipocyte-like phenotypeLineBALB 3T3 CellsQuiescentSV40CulturesOxidative StressProteinsPhenotypeEmbryonic Swiss mouse fibroblastConfluentInsulinApoptosisGenesPhosphorylationTransformation of NIHInducesExalpha BiologicalsRenders them tumorigenicPreadipocyteOncogeneCytotoxicityMammalian cellsInhibitsHeLaMRNAExpressionGeneDMEMSerumClone
- 3T3 cells are several cell lines of mouse embryonic fibroblasts. (wikipedia.org)
- The effects of two biothiols, homocysteine (Hcy), a risk factor for cardiovascular disease, and alpha-lipoic acid (alphaLA), a therapeutic antioxidant, on p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK) phosphorylation were examined in NIH/3T3 fibroblasts. (nih.gov)
- Soon after the 3T3 line was introduced, the scientists that developed the line noticed that cytoplasmic lipids sometimes accumulated on cultures of the fibroblasts. (fsu.edu)
- His studies on the topic seemed to suggest that although 3T3 cells are fibroblasts, they also enjoy a latent course of differentiation that converts the cells to adipocytes under certain conditions. (fsu.edu)
- The vasoformative pattern and the results of specific staining for reticulin and collagen support the likelihood that BALB/3T3 cells originated from endothelial cells rather than from fibroblasts. (aacrjournals.org)
- The following studies compared traditional NIH 3T3 fibroblasts' functions on XanoMatrix scaffolds to standard tissue culture polystyrene. (dovepress.com)
- Effects of treatment with serum-free medium and 25-hydroxycholesterol (25-OH) on the cell cycle of simian virus 40-transformed 3T3 fibroblasts, designated SV-3T3 cells, were studied and compared with simultaneous effects on the activity of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl (HMG) CoA reductase and incorporation of [ 3 H]mevalonic acid into cholesterol, Coenzyme Q, and dolichol. (aacrjournals.org)
- The kinetics of bombesin-stimulated phospholipase D (PLD) activity were examined in Swiss 3T3 fibroblasts. (portlandpress.com)
- 3T3 NIH murine fibroblasts and B78 murine melanoma cells expressing the Escherichia coli N3-methyladenine-DNA glycosylase I do not become resistant to alkylating agents. (biomedsearch.com)
- 3T3 mouse fibroblasts were cultured in/on the matrices for up to 7 days. (strath.ac.uk)
- In this study, we used NIH-3T3 fibroblasts in a serum- and nutrient-free inorganic medium (300 mosM) to analyze the effects of osmotic stress on MAPK activity and PDGF receptor (PDGFR)-β-mediated signal transduction. (physiology.org)
- When non-proliferating 3T3-L1 fibroblasts were stimulated to differentiate into adipose cells, there was a dramatic increase in the intracellular level of the polyamine, spermidine. (elsevier.com)
- Bethell, DR & Pegg, AE 1981, ' Polyamines are needed for the differentiation of 3T3-L1 fibroblasts into adipose cells ', Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications , vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 272-278. (elsevier.com)
- J Immunol 1987, 139:494-500) or human cord blood mononuclear cells (Furitsu, Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1989, 86:10039-10043) with 3T3 embryonic mouse skin fibroblasts have implicated fibroblasts as an important factor in the successful maintenance and development of human mast cells in vitro. (elsevier.com)
- 3T3 Fibroblasts grown in the presence of fibronectin to assess MAP kinase signalling pathways. (stemcellcommons.org)
- Both A431 and normal human fibroblasts are valuable positive controls for antibodies to proteins expressed in these cells. (exalpha.com)
- This protocol outlines the steps and materials involved in creating sterile culture medium used in maintaining cultures of NIH/3T3 murine fibroblasts . (lpdwiki.com)
- HeLa and HepG2 tumoral cells and non-tumoral NIH 3T3 fibroblasts were cultivated for 24 h, treated with 0.05, 0.5 and 1.0 mM VPA or 10, 20 and 100 ng/mL TSA (1-24 h), and subjected to the Feulgen reaction. (biomedcentral.com)
- This study evaluates the role of rhuGSN for its antioxidant and wound healing properties in murine fibroblasts (3T3-L1 cell line). (osdd.net)
- These phenotypes were characterized as contractile striated muscle cells, biochemically differentiated adipocytes and chondrocytes capable of the biosynthesis of cartilage-specific proteins. (nih.gov)
- The effects of the analog are therefore not due to the selection of preexisting myoblasts or adipocytes in the cell populations. (nih.gov)
- Using a subtraction method, we have isolated genes that are induced early in the differentiation of mouse 3T3-L1 preadipocyte cells into adipocytes. (biochemj.org)
- The 3T3-L1 cell line is one of the best characterized and reliable models for studying the conversion of preadipocytes to adipocytes. (scirp.org)
- After the growth arrest, cells are committed to becoming adipocytes. (scirp.org)
- Insulin-stimulated glucose transport is a characteristic property of adipocytes and muscle cells and involves the regulated delivery of glucose transporter (GLUT4)-containing vesicles from intracellular stores to the cell surface. (peerj.com)
- In an attempt to overcome some of the limitations associated with both primary and cultured adipocytes, we expressed an epitope- and GFP-tagged version of GLUT4 (HA-GLUT4-GFP) in HeLa cells. (peerj.com)
- Here we report the characterisation of this system compared to 3T3-L1 adipocytes. (peerj.com)
- While the magnitude of the insulin-stimulated translocation of GLUT4 is smaller than mouse 3T3-L1 adipocytes, HeLa cells offer a useful, experimentally tractable, human model system. (peerj.com)
- Fluorescence lifetime images were taken for 2 week during differentiation procedure of 3T3-L1 cells into adipocytes. (elsevier.com)
- Our results suggest that fluorescence lifetime imaging can be a very powerful tool to monitor lipid droplet formation in adipocytes from 3T3-L1 cells. (elsevier.com)
- Hence, we aimed to investigate the chemical constituents and adipogenic modulatory properties of C. vulgaris in 3T3-L1 pre-adipocytes. (biomedcentral.com)
- Each extract was then applied to 3T3-L1 pre-adipocytes upon induction with a mixture of insulin, 3-isobutyl-1-methylxanthine, and dexamethasone, for anti-adipogenesis assay. (biomedcentral.com)
- It is characterized at the cellular level by an increase in the number and/or size of adipocytes, round lipid-filled cells, that differentiate from their fibroblast-like precursor cells present in adipose tissue. (biomedcentral.com)
- The influence of treatment with HCV core protein (70R or 70Q) on adipokine production by both 3T3-L1 and human adipocytes were examined with real-time PCR and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), and triglyceride content was also analyzed. (nih.gov)
- First, we treated mouse 3T3-L1 cells, which differentiated into adipocytes, with HCV core recombinant protein. (nih.gov)
- Since it has been reported that adipocytes secrete adipokines such as IL-6, TNF-α, adiponectin, and leptin, we examined mRNA expressions of these adipokines in 3T3-L1 cells treated with 2 pmol/l of GST, 70R, and 70Q protein by qRT-PCR. (nih.gov)
- Estrogen suppressed Acrp30 in mice and 3T3-L1 adipocytes. (diabetesjournals.org)
- The BALB/3T3 mouse embryo cell line, noted for its marked postconfluence inhibition of proliferation, anchorage dependence, and high serum requirement, and frequently studied as a prototype nontumorigenic "fibroblast" line that is compared with tumorigenic sublines transformed with various agents, produced tumors within 2 to 3 months when an average of 3 × 10 4 cells were implanted s.c. attached to 1- × 5- × 10-mm polycarbonate platelets. (aacrjournals.org)
- The cultured tumor cells showed loss of both postconfluence inhibition of proliferation and anchorage dependence. (aacrjournals.org)
- Results found significantly greater fibroblast adhesion and proliferation on XanoMatrix cell culture dishes which mimic the nanoscale geometry of natural tissue fibers with true, tortuous fiber beds creating a robust, consistent, and versatile growth platform. (dovepress.com)
- In order to analyze whether some of the products in the mevalonic acid biosynthetic pathway may be of importance in the control of G 1 traverse and cell proliferation of SV-3T3 cells, cholesterol, Coenzyme Q, and dolichol were added as supplements to cells treated with 25-OH. (aacrjournals.org)
- Indeed, since the overall length of the cell cycle appears to depend in large part on the length of the G 1 phase, it is likely that this cell cycle period must be compressed as much as possible for rapid proliferation, potentially requiring the transfer of activities present in the G 1 phase of quiescent cells to other cell cycle periods when they continuously cycle ( 26 ). (asm.org)
- We found a regulation of cell proliferation when NMMG cells are cultured in the presence of conditioned media from Swiss 3T3 or 3T3-L1 cells. (scielo.org.ar)
- Signaling in cell proliferation, cell migration, and apoptosis is highly affected by osmotic stress and changes in cell volume, although the mechanisms underlying the significance of cell volume as a signal in cell growth and death are poorly understood. (physiology.org)
- Increasing evidence now supports the conclusion that signaling in cell volume control cooperates with signaling in cell proliferation, cell migration, and apoptosis. (physiology.org)
- As discussed by Hoffmann and Ussing ( 27 ), the term "volume regulation" may lead to the misconception that cells have one preferred volume, which is not the case since the "preferred" volume may highly depend on the differential and functional state of the cell, such as in secreting epithelia ( 21 , 27 ) and in cells during growth and proliferation per se. (physiology.org)
- Therefore, it is important to identify the level of cross-talk between signaling pathways in cell volume regulation, cell proliferation, and apoptosis to understand the potential role of changes in cell volume as a direct signal controlling cell growth and death in tissue homeostasis and developmental processes. (physiology.org)
- We show here that this cannot account for the stimulation of proliferation or migration by thrombin of Swiss 3T3 cells. (rupress.org)
- complicating our understanding of the mechanisms of stimulation of cell proliferation by this hormone. (rupress.org)
- The present study including two experiments was designed to determine the effect of media containing different rare earth elements (REE) on proliferation and fatty acids accumulation in 3T3-L1 cell cultures. (koreascience.or.kr)
- The proliferation rate of the cells was measured and compared by a non-isotope method-XTT method. (koreascience.or.kr)
- 1999. Conjugated linoleic acid inhibits differentiation of pre- and post- confluent 3T3-L1 preadipocytes but inhibits cell proliferation only in preconfluent cells. (koreascience.or.kr)
- MicroRNAs are a group of newly discovered, small, non-coding RNAs and have been demonstrated to play a regulatory role in cell proliferation. (ubc.ca)
- Thus, the hypothesis for my research is that microRNA plays a role in mediating zinc-dependent cell proliferation. (ubc.ca)
- The overall objective was to determine whether microRNAs are involved in zinc-dependent cell proliferation in mouse fibroblast 3T3 cells. (ubc.ca)
- Cell proliferation was measured by cell cycle analysis using flow cytometry. (ubc.ca)
- In the absence of quiescence induction, zinc-depletion for 24 or 48 h inhibited cell proliferation by 10.4% and 16.0% compared to control. (ubc.ca)
- Regardless of the status of quiescence, zinc replenishment at 1.25 μM nearly brought cell proliferation back to the level observed in the DMSO control, showing a zinc-dependent cell proliferation in 3T3 cells. (ubc.ca)
- Felisbino MB, Tamashiro WMSC, Mello MLS: Chromatin remodeling, cell proliferation and cell death in valproic acid-treated HeLa cells. (biomedcentral.com)
- Interaction between MDM2 and the tumor suppressor genes p53 and Rb lead to deregulate cell proliferation and apoptosis. (usal.es)
- These compounds were characterized for in vitro inhibition on human T-cells proliferation and IL-2 production. (frontiersin.org)
- The compounds showed significant immunosuppressive effect on IL-2 production as well as on phytohemagglutinin stimulated T-cell proliferation in a dose dependent manner. (frontiersin.org)
Adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells4
- In vitro adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells was inhibited by treating them with exogenous hyaluronidase (HYAL) and with 4-methylumbelliferone, which inhibited the synthesis of HA in a concentration-dependent manner. (nature.com)
- The phosphorylation of ERK1/2 during the early stages of adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells was inhibited by shikonin. (biomedcentral.com)
- In this study, we evaluated the inhibitory effect of and the mechanism underlying the effect of TJF extract on adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells. (scirp.org)
- The active extract was further fractionated by a sequential solvent partitioning method, and the resulting fractions were examined for their abilities to inhibit adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells. (biomedcentral.com)
Differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells1
- To identify novel genes that potentially mediate the effects of TZDs, we have isolated genes that are differentially expressed during thiazolidinedione-stimulated differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells. (aspetjournals.org)
- Todaro and Green originally obtained their 3T3 cells from Swiss albino mouse embryo tissue. (wikipedia.org)
- After landing a principal investigator position at the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Maryland, Tadaro repeated the isolation procedure from the NIH Swiss mouse embryo with his students and established NIH-3T3 cell line. (wikipedia.org)
- NIH 3T3 cells are established from a NIH Swiss mouse embryo. (abcam.com)
- This cell line was established from NIH Swiss mouse embryo cultures in the same manner as the original random bred 3T3 and the inbred BALB/c 3T3. (abcam.com)
- A continuous cell line of high contact-inhibition established from Nih Swiss mouse embryo cultures. (jove.com)
- In our study, mouse embryo fibroblast 3T3 cells transformed by the mutation-activated rat neu oncogene exhibited metastatic properties both in vitro and in vivo, while parental 3T3 cells did not. (nih.gov)
- Cell/Tissue Protein Lysate-Mouse 3T3 (Balb), murine embryo lysate-Alpha Diagnostic International Inc. (4adi.com)
- EM examination of 20 migrating mouse embryo fibroblast 3T3 cells suggests that one centriole of a pair is preferentially oriented perpendicular, the other parallel to the substrate. (cshl.edu)
- The 3T3 lines are valuable in vitro host systems for oncogenic virus transformation studies, since 3T3 cells possess a high sensitivity to Contact inhibition . (jove.com)
- Cells have now lost their contact inhibition. (abcam.com)
- Overexpression of IRS-1 resulted in inhibition of basal autophagy, and reduced oxidative stress-induced autophagy and cell death. (biomedsearch.com)
- 3) cells which possess EGF receptors but lack PDGF receptors do not exhibit a PDGF-mediated inhibition of 125 I-EGF binding. (portlandpress.com)
- It is thus likely that cell swelling via activation of ERK1/2 and cell shrinkage via activation of the p38 and JNK pathway and inhibition of the PDGFR signaling pathway may act as key players in the regulation of tissue homeostasis. (physiology.org)
- Contrary to expectations, both cell types have been found to exhibit contact inhibition of cell locomotion. (rupress.org)
- Therefore, the tendency of 3T3 cells to form monolayers and of Py3T3 cells to form crisscrossed multilayers cannot be explained on the basis of the presence versus the absence of contact inhibition. (rupress.org)
- Both exhibit cell underlapping and, after contact between lamelliopodia, both show inhibition of locomotory activity and adhesion formation. (rupress.org)
- The two cell types do show quantitative differences in the frequency of underlapping, the frequency with which contact results in inhibition of locomotion, and the proportion of the cell margin that adheres to the substratum. (rupress.org)
- We interpret these results to indicate that cells are capable of responding to ELF induced electric fields at intensities below 1 mV/m, and that the principal effect on cells is an inhibition of differentiation. (allenpress.com)
- Changes in chromatin supraorganization are induced in the cell types analyzed after inhibition of histone deacetylases by VPA and TSA, possibly accompanied by changes in gene expression. (biomedcentral.com)
- Over the cell densities used for transport experiments the 3T3 cell goes from exponential growth to density dependent inhibition of growth (4 x 10 4 to 4 x 10 5 cell cm -2 ) whereas the SV40 3T3 maintains exponential or near exponential growth (4 x 10 4 to 1 x 10 6 cell cm -2 ). (syr.edu)
- At high cell densities, where growth inhibition occurs in the 3T3 cell but not the SV40 3T3, the furosemide sensitive component doubles in both cell lines. (syr.edu)
- The effects of toll-like receptor (TLR)2/4 inhibition on IL-6 production by 3T3-L1 induced by HCV core protein were examined. (nih.gov)
- The uptake of uridine is another parameter of the coordinate response of 3T3 cells to serum stimulation that is inhibited by Ca(2+) deprivation, and supranormal [Mg(2+)] also reverses this inhibition. (mblwhoilibrary.org)
- Also I set NIH3T3 whole cell lysate as a positive control, but it didn't work. (abcam.com)
- I would expect any of the MEF cell lines to work as a positive control, but I suggest using a whole cell lysate (ab14874 is a nuclear fraction) since that is what we have tested with ab80. (abcam.com)
- Cell/Tissue Protein Lysate-Mouse 3T3 (Embryonic Fibroblast) Whole Cell lysate-Alpha Diagnostic International Inc. (4adi.com)
- The effects of HA on adipogenesis were investigated in vitro in 3T3-L1 cells and in vivo in high-fat diet-feeding C57BL/6J mice. (nature.com)
- Adipocyte differentiation has previously been studied in vitro , using specific cell lines to establish ideal conditions for differentiation. (nature.com)
- Traditional flat tissue cell culture dishes have consisted of polystyrene treated with plasma gases for growing, subculturing, and studying cell behavior in vitro. (dovepress.com)
- Cell-based in vitro assays are a key component of drug discovery research. (dovepress.com)
- In vitro, cells can behave very differently depending on the growth substrate employed. (dovepress.com)
- In this study, we determined the effects of two different cell-seeding methods, monolayer and suspension seeding, on the rate of contraction of free-floating collagen and collagenglycosaminoglycan (GAG) gel matrices in vitro. (strath.ac.uk)
- In addition, HO-1 inhibitor stimulated lipid accumulation, while FA attenuated lipid accumulation in 3T3-L1 treated with HO-1 inhibitor. (mdpi.com)
- We have demonstrated a regulation of triglyceride accumulation by protein factors synthesized by normal mouse mammary gland epithelial cells (NMMG), acting on a cell line, 3T3-L1, long used as a model for adipogenesis. (scielo.org.ar)
- Oil Red O staining was performed to determine the lipid accumulation in 3T3-L1 cells. (biomedcentral.com)
- TJF extract effectively inhibited lipid accumulation and the expression of PPARγ and C/EBPα in 3T3-L1 cells. (scirp.org)
- In general, clones expressing the gene encoding L68Q cystatin C secreted slightly lower amounts of the protein than clones expressing wild-type human cystatin C. Both immunofluorescence cytochemistry and western blotting experiments showed an increased accumulation of cystatin C in cells expressing the gene encoding L68Q cystatin C compared with cells expressing the gene for the wild-type protein. (lu.se)
- The data indicated that that EECV treatment increased differentiation and lipid accumulation in 3T3-L1 cells, which indicates positive regulation of adipogenic and lipogenic activity. (biomedcentral.com)
- The present research findings confirmed that the EECV effectively modulates the lipid accumulation and differentiation in 3T3-L1 cells through AMPK-α mediated signalling pathway. (biomedcentral.com)
- 3T3-L1 cells of the adipocyte morphology increase the synthesis and accumulation of triglycerides and acquire the signet ring appearance of adipose cells. (wikipedia.org)
- Melatonin Induces Apoptotic Cell Death in 3T3-L1 Preadipocytes]. (physiciansweekly.com)
- In this research, we investigated whether melatonin induces apoptosis in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. (physiciansweekly.com)
- 3T3-L1 preadipocytes were cultured until confluence and then treated with 0, 10, 100, and 1000 μM melatonin for 1, 3, and 5 days. (physiciansweekly.com)
- In conclusion, melatonin can induce apoptosis of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes via p-ERK decrease. (physiciansweekly.com)
- Confluent 3T3-L1 preadipocytes can be differentiated synchronously by a defined adipogenic cocktail. (scirp.org)
Fibroblast cell line1
- The mouse fibroblast cell line 3T3 and its RSV-transformed counterpart serve as negative and positive controls, respectively, for antibodies to proteins that are phosphorylated as a result of transformation by RSV (Rous sarcoma virus). (exalpha.com)
- Only when Green and associates demonstrated in the late 1970s that pre-adipose 3T3 cells injected into athymic mice developed into mature pads of fat did the concept begin to gain widespread acceptance. (fsu.edu)
- That the tumors were derived from BALB/3T3 cells and not host cells was proved when tumors arising in BALB/c × C57BL/6 F 1 hybrids were shown to be transplantable to BALB/c but not to C57BL/6 mice. (aacrjournals.org)
- Here we show that cotransfection, but not solo transfection, of expression plasmids for c-src and either adenovirus E1A, v-myc, c-myc, or the 5' half of polyomavirus large T (pltN) antigen into NIH 3T3 cells induces anchorage-independent growth, enhanced focus formation, and, for pltN cotransfection, tumorigenicity in adult NFS mice. (asm.org)
- The nanomaterials cytotoxicities were calculated and compared to each other using human and mice fibroblast cancerous cells (3T3 and L929 resp. (wichita.edu)
- Immunohistochemical analyses of developing mice demonstrated the polarized expression of L1 in pyramidal cells, granule cells, and interneurons in the hippocampus. (jneurosci.org)
Swiss Mouse Fibroblast Cells1
- The culture of embryonic Swiss mouse fibroblast cells presented in the digital image above was labeled with MitoTracker Red CMXRos and Alexa Fluor 488 conjugated to phalloidin, targeting the mitochondrial network and filamentous actin, respectively. (microscopyu.com)
- Cell viability, cell apoptosis, reactive oxygen species (ROS) level, lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) assay, the level of glutathione (GSH), activities of superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase (CAT), and malondialdehyde (MDA) level were detected. (mdpi.com)
- A cell viability assay kit was used for determining cell viability. (physiciansweekly.com)
- The effects of TJF extract on cell viability were analyzed using a 3-[4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl]-2,5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide assay, and the anti-adipogenic effect was measured by oil red O staining. (scirp.org)
- To address this question, we developed an osteoblast cell assay based on the activity of alkaline phosphatase, an enzyme whose activity is up-regulated during the differentiation of bone cells. (allenpress.com)
- The cell survival rate was then determined using the standard MTT assay. (scirp.org)
- Cells pretreated with 0.375 and 0.75 g/mL rhuGSN for 24 h exhibited a significant increase in viability in a MTT assay. (osdd.net)
- rhuGSN at 12.5 and 25 g/mL concentration showed an enhanced cell migration after 20 h of injury in a scratch wound healing assay. (osdd.net)
- Caveolar structure and protein sorting are maintained in NIH 3T3 cells independent of glycosphingolipid depletion. (nih.gov)
- When the GPI-linked protein B61 was inducibly expressed in these cells, sorting to caveolar membranes occurred normally, even in the presence of glucosylceramide depletion. (nih.gov)
- Protein extracts prepared from 3T3-L1 cells expressing either the WT or the mutant FTO proteins were used in DIGE experiments. (hindawi.com)
- Furthermore, melatonin not only increased Bcl-2-associated X protein (Bax) but decreased B-cell lymphoma 2 (Bcl-2) expression as dose increases from 0 to 1000 μM. (physiciansweekly.com)
- Evidence for GO induced autophagy includes increased levels of isoform B-II microtubule-associated protein 1 light chain 3 (LC3), aggregation of green fluorescence protein-tagged LC3, and increased numbers of autophagic vacuoles in cells. (biomedsearch.com)
- pp60c-src, the cellular homolog of the Rous sarcoma virus transforming protein, does not completely transform cells even when present at high levels, but has been shown to be involved in polyomavirus-induced transformation when activated by polyomavirus middle T (pmt)-antigen binding. (asm.org)
- Interestingly, in quiescent cells the restriction point is identical to the G 1 arrest point induced by other conditions, including protein synthesis inhibitors and amino acid deprivation ( 29 ). (asm.org)
- For example, passage through G 1 phase in quiescent and proliferating cells exhibits several important molecular differences, including expression of the cyclin-inhibitory protein p27 kip1 ( 3 ), Cdc6 ( 42 ), and Fos and related proteins ( 14 ), and formation of a complex between E2F and the retinoblastoma protein (Rb)-related p130 ( 19 , 34 ). (asm.org)
- Using mRNA differential display, we have compared 3T3-L1 cells treated to differentiate in the presence of BRL49653 with untreated 3T3-L1 cells and identified Fos-related antigen 1 (Fra-1), a member of the Fos protein family, as a novel molecular target for BRL49653 action in 3T3-L1 cells. (aspetjournals.org)
- Growth control and apoptosis in mammalian cells are highly regulated by receptor tyrosine kinase receptors (RTKs), which, upon ligand-dependent activation, launch the activation of a series of downstream signal transduction pathways, including MAPKs and the cell survival-promoting protein kinase B (Akt) ( 33 , 45 ). (physiology.org)
- Mitogen-activated S6 kinase is stimulated via protein kinase C-dependent and independent pathways in Swiss 3T3 cells. (semanticscholar.org)
- Soluble extracts prepared from quiescent Swiss mouse 3T3 cells that had been briefly exposed to various mitogens exhibited a 2- to 3-fold elevation in phosphorylating activities toward ribosomal protein S6 and a synthetic peptide, Arg-Arg-Leu-Ser-Ser-Leu-Arg-Ala (RRLSSLRA), patterned after a phosphorylation site sequence from S6. (semanticscholar.org)
- Thus, in Swiss 3T3 cells the G protein-coupled thrombin receptor can potentiate the EGF tyrosine kinase receptor response when activated by EGF, and this appears to be due to the subcellular concentration of the receptor with downstream effectors and not to the overall ability of EGF to induce receptor transphosphorylation. (rupress.org)
- Madin-Darby bovine kidney (MDBK) cell Iysate displays proteins expressed in bovine kidney and PC12 (rat phaeochromocytoma) cell Iysate can be expected to mirror the protein expression of cells and tissues of neuroectodermal origin. (exalpha.com)
- Six transformed clones that were studied contained newly incorporated v-src genes in the genome, had an increased amount of pp60(src), and showed enhanced activities of protein kinase C. Intercellular communication, studied by observing with autoradiography the transfer of [ 3 H]uridine nucleotide from prelabeled donor cells to recipient cells in contact, was found to be reduced in transformed clones as compared to parental NIH/3T3 cells. (elsevier.com)
- Treatment with phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate was also found to increase protein kinase C activity and to reduce intercellular communication in normal NIH/3T3 cells. (elsevier.com)
- HDACi-induced depletion of the heterochromatin protein 1 (HP1) from NIH 3T3 cells was investigated by immunocytochemistry. (biomedcentral.com)
- In agreement with previous observations, volume per cell and mg protein per cell decrease with increasing cell density. (syr.edu)
- Differences in the expression of adipogenesis-related genes between the treated and untreated cells were determined from their mRNA and protein levels. (biomedcentral.com)
- The myc-encoded protein was translated at higher levels in malignant than in normal lymphoid cells. (elsevier.com)
- A) The protein level of IL-6 was significantly increased, and the protein levels of (B) adiponectin and (C) leptin were significantly reduced in cells treated with 70Q for 48 h compared with 70R and GST protein. (nih.gov)
- The level of IL-6 mRNA expression was significantly increased in 3T3-L1 cells treated with 70Q for 24 h compared with wild HCV core protein (Fig 1A). (nih.gov)
- Similar to the changes in mRNA expression, the protein level of IL-6 was significantly increased in 70Q cells (Fig 2A), and the levels of adiponectin and leptin were significantly reduced in 70Q cells (Fig 2B and 2C). (nih.gov)
- Moreover, 70Q HCV protein augmented the IL-6 production and reduced adiponectin production from 3T3-L1 cells in a dose-dependent manner (Fig 3A and 3B) and IL-6 production was higher and adiponectin production were lower in the cells treated with 70Q compared to 70R in each concentration. (nih.gov)
- Besides, the MDM2 protein also promotes RB (retinoblastoma) protein degradation in a proteasome-dependent manner in human tumor cell lines. (usal.es)
- MDM2 protein is reduced or absent in the p53 null cells compared to the p53 positive cells, Whereas, Pirh2 expression is not affected by the status of p53. (usal.es)
Differentiate into an adipocyte-like phenotype2
- 3T3-L1 cells are widely used cell line for studying adipogenesis because it can differentiate into an adipocyte-like phenotype under appropriate conditions. (elsevier.com)
- 3T3-L1 cells have a fibroblast-like morphology, but, under appropriate conditions, the cells differentiate into an adipocyte-like phenotype. (wikipedia.org)
- The original 3T3 cell line (3T3-Swiss albino) was established in 1962 by two scientists then at the Department of Pathology in the New York University School of Medicine, George Todaro and Howard Green. (wikipedia.org)
- I borrowed this cell line from other lab. (abcam.com)
- Cell line: NIH/3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast). (abcam.com)
- The established NIH/3T3 line was subjected to more than 5 serial cycles of subcloning in order to develop a subclone with morphologic characteristics best suited for transformation assays. (abcam.com)
- 3t3 cells are an immortal cell line widely used in biological research. (sciencephoto.com)
- Oncogenically transformed C3H/10T1/2CL8 cells also developed muscle cells after exposure to 5-azacytidine, but at a reduced rate when compared to the parent line. (nih.gov)
- Five subclones of the 10T1/2 line which were the progeny of single cells all expressed both the muscle and fat phenotypes following 5-azacytidine treatment. (nih.gov)
- Despite strong evidence of this adipose differentiation capability of 3T3 cells, the idea of such activity in a fibroblast line was viewed with significant skepticism. (fsu.edu)
- previous to studies of the 3T3 line, it was believed that these characteristics were necessarily synonymous with one another. (fsu.edu)
- BALB/3T3 clone A31 Cell Line, BioGenomics by USBiological, Cat. (lucerna-chem.ch)
- 1974. An established pre-adipose cell line and its differentiation in culture. (koreascience.or.kr)
- A431, a human epidermoid carcinoma cell line, and the EGF-stimulated A431 Iysates are used as negative and positive controls, respectively, when studying the phosphorylation cascade initiated by ligand binding to receptor tyrosine kinases. (exalpha.com)
- The magnitude of the total K flux does not change substantially for either cell line during transition from sparse to dense cultures. (syr.edu)
- We have studied by means of DNA-mediated gene transfer the transforming activity of the DNA of the human hepatoma cell line HCC-M, which contains genomes of hepatitis B virus (HBV) in integrated form. (elsevier.com)
- MDM2 was originally cloned from transformed Balb/c3T3 cell line called 3T3DM and was identified as an amplified oncogene in murine cell lines. (usal.es)
- 3T3-L1 is a cell line derived from (mouse) 3T3 cells that is used in biological research on adipose tissue. (wikipedia.org)
- An established preadipose cell line and its differentiation in culture. (wikipedia.org)
BALB 3T3 Cells2
- The tumors, as well as others arising from implants of BALB/3T3 cells attached to 3-mm glass beads, were given the histological diagnosis of "vasoformative saroma" because the tumor cells frequently formed vascular channels. (aacrjournals.org)
- We conclude that BALB/3T3 cells are preneoplastic and give rise to different spontaneously transformed clones bearing unique tumor rejection antigens when implanted in vivo attached to a solid substrate. (aacrjournals.org)
- For comparison, in quiescent cells, all four of the inhibitors of cell cycle progression tested (anti-Ras, anti-cyclin D1, serum removal, and cycloheximide) became ineffective at essentially the same point in G 1 phase, approximately 4 h prior to the beginning of DNA synthesis. (asm.org)
- These studies demonstrate a fundamental difference in mitogenic signal transduction between quiescent and cycling NIH 3T3 cells and reveal a sequence of signaling events required for cell cycle progression in proliferating NIH 3T3 cells. (asm.org)
- The cell cycle requirements for peptide growth factors have been demonstrated in cells rendered quiescent by growth factor deprivation ( 24 ). (asm.org)
- While results obtained with quiescent cells are important, there is reason to believe the situation might be different for cells continuously progressing through the cell cycle. (asm.org)
- The stimulation of quiescent cells by serum factors and the culturing of cells on highly adhesive matrices induce vinculin gene expression, whereas the transformation of fibroblast and epithelial cells often results in decreased vinculin expression (reviewed in Rodríguez Fernández, J. L., B. Geiger, D. Salomon, I. Sabanay, M. Zöller, and A. Ben-Ze'ev. (rupress.org)
- A fundamental feature in the action of most mitogenic agents when added to quiescent cells in serum-free medium is that they exhibit striking synergistic effects when applied in specific combinations. (biologists.org)
- In this paper, some of our recent results on the early signals and responses elicited by multiple growth-promoting agents in quiescent cultures of Swiss 3T3 cells will be summarized. (biologists.org)
- When pBR322 is manually microinjected into the nuclei of quiescent Swiss 3T3 cells it stimulates the incorporation of [ 3 H]thymidine into DNA. (elsevier.com)
- The preliminary evidence seems to indicate that the integrity of the pBR322 genome is important for the stimulation of cellular DNA synthesis in quiescent Swiss 3T3 cells. (elsevier.com)
- 3T3 cells can be transformed with SV40 and some other polyomaviruses. (wikipedia.org)
- glucose uptake by mouse 3T3 cells accompanying transformation by SV40 virus is not due primarily to an effect on the transport process but to enhanced phosphorylation of the sugar by intracellular kinases. (sciencemag.org)
- The components of unidirectional K influx and efflux were investigated in the 3T3 cell and the SV40 transformed 3T3 cell in exponential and stationary growth phase. (syr.edu)
- Total unidirectional K influx and effluxin the 3T3 cell is approximately double that of the SV40 3T3 cell at all cell densities investigated. (syr.edu)
- Thus, in this clone of the 3T3 cell SV40 transformation specifically decreases unidirectional K flux. (syr.edu)
- No comparable drop occurs in the SV40 3T3 cell at equivalent cell densities (64% versus 56% of total influx). (syr.edu)
- Three new mesenchymal phenotypes were expressed in cultures of Swiss 3T3 and C3H/10T1/2CL8 mouse cells treated with 5-azacytidine or 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine. (nih.gov)
- The number of muscle and fat cells which appeared in treated cultures was dependent upon the concentration of 5-azacytidine used, but the chondrocyte phenotype was not expressed frequently enough for quantitation. (nih.gov)
- 1 It has been shown using alternative cell culture applications that the growth and function of cells as multicellular 3D structures is significantly different to their growth as conventional 2D monolayer cultures. (dovepress.com)
- 12] Geurtsen, W., Lehman, F., Spahl, W. and Leyhausen, G. (1998) Cytotoxicity of 35 dental resin composite monomers/additives in permanent 3T3 and three human primary fibroblast cultures. (scirp.org)
- Deprivation of Ca(2+) in crowded cultures of 3T3 cells inhibits the onset of DNA synthesis. (mblwhoilibrary.org)
- Nickel-refining fumes may induce the changes in the state of ROS, which may eventually initiate oxidative stress, DNA damage and apoptosis of NIH/3T3 cells. (mdpi.com)
- Wang Y, Wang S-Y, Jia L, Zhang L, Ba J-C, Han D, Yu C-P, Wu Y-H. Nickel-Refining Fumes Induced DNA Damage and Apoptosis of NIH/3T3 Cells via Oxidative Stress. (mdpi.com)
- Insulin receptor substrate-1 prevents autophagy-dependent cell death caused by oxidative stress in mouse NIH/3T3 cells. (biomedsearch.com)
- Knockdown of autophagy-related gene 5 inhibited basal autophagy and diminished oxidative stress-induced autophagy and cell death. (biomedsearch.com)
- CONCLUSION: Our results suggest that overexpression of IRS-1 promotes cells growth, inhibits basal autophagy, reduces oxidative stress-induced autophagy, and diminishes oxidative stress-mediated autophagy-dependent cell death. (biomedsearch.com)
- Preincubation of cells with rhuGSN for 24 h followed by oxidative stress induced by exposure to HO for 3 h showed cytoprotective effect. (osdd.net)
- These results establish an effective role of rhuGSN against oxidative stress induced by HO and in wound healing of 3T3-L1 fibroblast cells. (osdd.net)
- A follow-up heat dehydration process has been performed to ensure the attachment of cells and the stability of cellular proteins. (bio-medicine.org)
- Glycosphingolipids have been proposed to be critical components of clustered lipids within cell membranes that serve as rafts for the attachment and sorting of proteins to the cell membrane. (nih.gov)
- This study investigated the changes in the soluble proteome of 3T3-L1 cells upon expression of the WT and the mutant (R316Q) FTO proteins. (hindawi.com)
- One of the identified proteins was heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K, which displayed more than 2.6- and 3.7-fold increases in its abundance in the WT and the mutant FTO expressing cells, respectively. (hindawi.com)
- Cell death marker proteins were assessed by Western blot analysis using GAPDH for control. (physiciansweekly.com)
- Colocalisation studies in cells were performed by double staining with antibodies against human cystatin C and marker proteins for lysosomes, the Golgi apparatus, or the endoplasmic reticulum, and evaluated by confocal microscopy. (lu.se)
- Likewise, Jurkat cells express the proteins unique to human T-cells. (exalpha.com)
- In eukaryotic cells, chromatin results from the association of DNA with nuclear proteins packaged into hierarchies of organization. (biomedcentral.com)
- Human DNAs coding oncoviral antigens or onc gene-specific proteins could be transfected into NIH 3T3 cells. (elsevier.com)
- These cells showed a round phenotype with smaller and fewer vinculin-positive plaques localized mostly at the cell periphery. (rupress.org)
- The authors cultured isolated, mature human lung mast cells either with or without 3T3 cells for 1 month and examined their ultrastructural phenotype. (elsevier.com)
- Mast cells were shown to maintain the phenotype of their in vivo lung counterparts (ie, scroll granules predominated, and numerous lipid bodies were present). (elsevier.com)
- This ultrastructural phenotype differs from that of mast cells that develop in cocultures of human cord blood cells and 3T3 cells, where developing mast cells with crystalline granules and few lipid bodies prevail, a phenotype much like that of human skin mast cells in vivo (Furitsu, Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1989, 86:10039-10043). (elsevier.com)
Embryonic Swiss mouse fibroblast1
- View a smaller image of the embryonic Swiss mouse fibroblast (3T3) cell. (fsu.edu)
- A confluent monolayer yields 40000 cells/cm2. (wikipedia.org)
- MC-3T3-E1 cells plated at a confluent density were allowed to proceed through the differentiation process for 3 days, after which they were exposed to a 30 Hz, 1.8-mT r.m.s. magnetic field inducing a spatially varying electric field with a maximum intensity of 0.9 mV/m r.m.s. (allenpress.com)
- Near-confluent mouse 3T3 fibroblast cells were exposed to Dulbecco Modified Eagle's Medium containing extractions from the seven different bonding agents. (scirp.org)
- Amine oxidase substrates mimic several of the insulin effects on adipocyte differentiation in 3T3 F442A cells. (harvard.edu)
- To investigate the effects of shikonin on adipocyte differentiation, 3T3-L1 cells were induced to differentiate using 3-isobutyl-1-methylzanthine, dexamethasone, and insulin (MDI) for 8 days in the presence of 0-2 μM shikonin. (biomedcentral.com)
- We show that insulin promotes translocation of HA-GLUT4-GFP to the surface of both cell types with similar kinetics using orthologous trafficking machinery. (peerj.com)
- These cells are also sensitive to lipogenic and lipolytic hormones, as well as drugs, including epinephrine, isoproterenol, and insulin. (wikipedia.org)
- In this study, amplification, expression, and point mutation of cancer-related genes associated with Cd-induced cell transformation in BALB/c-3T3 cells were studied. (cdc.gov)
- The induction of these two genes was observed only in growth-arrested 3T3-L1 cells, and not in proliferating cells. (biochemj.org)
- MEF 3T3 cells were either plated on fibronectin and allowed to culture for 30 minutes or grown in suspension to analyze genes induced by fibronectin stimulation (serum-free DMEM). (stemcellcommons.org)
- Hexane-soluble fraction of the root extract also inhibited adipocyte differentiation and decreased the mRNA levels of various adipogenic genes in the differentiating cells. (biomedcentral.com)
- These data suggest that the synergistic effect of the myc and src genes would operate in malignant transformation of some progenitors of T-cell lineage. (elsevier.com)
- Homocysteine and alpha-lipoic acid regulate p44/42 MAP kinase phosphorylation in NIH/3T3 cells. (nih.gov)
- Cells grown in serum-containing media had constitutive levels of MAPK phosphorylation as determined by Western blot analysis using the phospho-specific MAPK antibody. (nih.gov)
- Treatment of cells with 20 microM Hcy for 0-60 min resulted in a transient enhancement of MAPK phosphorylation. (nih.gov)
- The effect of alphaLA appears to be serum-dependent because Hcy or alphaLA treatment of serum-deprived cells activated MAPK phosphorylation. (nih.gov)
- Thus, alphaLA and Hcy can either induce common signal transduction pathways or differentially modulate MAPK phosphorylation, depending on the state of the cell. (nih.gov)
- These observations may underlie reported effects of active PAK on cells, including histone H3 phosphorylation, alterations in centrosome number, and progression through mitosis. (labome.org)
- We found that hypoosmolarity (cell swelling at 211 mosM) induced the phosphorylation and nuclear translocation of ERK1/2, most likely via a pathway independent of PDGFR-β and MEK1/2. (physiology.org)
- Conversely, hyperosmolarity (cell shrinkage at 582 mosM) moved nuclear and phosphorylated ERK1/2 to the cytoplasm and induced the phosphorylation and nuclear translocation of p38 and phosphorylation of JNK1/2. (physiology.org)
Transformation of NIH1
- Transformation of NIH 3T3 cells by cotransfection with c-src and nuclear oncogenes. (asm.org)
- However, thrombin induces the subcellular clustering of the EGF receptor at filamentous actin-containing structures at the leading edge and actin arcs of migrating cells in association with other signaling molecules, including Shc and phospholipase Cγ1. (rupress.org)
- 3T3 cells (RSV-transformed) from Exalpha Biologicals, Inc. (bio-medicine.org)
Renders them tumorigenic1
- This hypothesis has recently been challenged by the observation that transfection of NIH 3T3 cells with yeast H(+)-ATPase renders them tumorigenic. (pnas.org)
- In order to discover more about the genetic basis of this process, a study was undertaken to examine the changes that occur daily in global gene expression as 3T3-L1 cells differentiate from preadipocyte to adipocyte. (ualberta.ca)
- Global gene expression patterns spanning 3T3-L1 preadipocyte differentiation. (ualberta.ca)
- Proto-oncogene activation and genomic instability of cadmium-induced cell transformation in BALB/c-3T3 cells. (cdc.gov)
- These data provide strong experimental evidence that neu oncogene expression is sufficient for the induction of metastasis in the 3T3 cell system and supply a molecular basis supporting the correlations found in clinical observation. (nih.gov)
- Increased amounts of chromatin condensation (i.e., localized areas of high DNA density, or chromatin higher order packing state) have been described in NIH 3T3 cells transformed with the Ha‐ras oncogene. (iospress.com)
- The role of alkylation of the N3 position of adenine in the cytotoxicity of alkylating agents in mammalian cells is still undefined. (biomedsearch.com)
- As regards the cytotoxic activity of methylating agents (N-methylnitrosourea, N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine, dimethylsulfate and temozolomide) and other alkylators with different structure and different interactions with DNA such as CC-1065 and FCE-24517 (minor groove binders known to bind to N3 of adenine), 4-[bis(2-chloroethyl)amino]-L-phenylalanine and cis-diamminedichloroplatinum II, cytotoxicity was the same for tag-expressing and non-expressing cells. (biomedsearch.com)
- In this study the relative cytotoxicity of seven recent dentine bonding agents on mouse 3T3 fibroblast cells were investigated. (scirp.org)
- Olivier, A. , Grobler, S. and Osman, Y. (2012) Cytotoxicity of seven recent dentine bonding agents on mouse 3T3 fibroblast cells. (scirp.org)
- 5] Grobler, S.R., Olivier, A., Moodley, D, and van W Kotze, T.W. (2004) Cytotoxicity of two concentrations of a dentine bonding agent on mouse 3T3 and human pulp fibro-blast cell-lines. (scirp.org)
- One of the earliest events in the response of mammalian cells to mitogens is activation of Na+/H+ exchange, which increases intracellular pH (pHin) in the absence of HCO3- or at external pH values below 7.2. (pnas.org)
- Cultured mammalian cells are important tools for providing predictions of drug activity, metabolism, and toxicity in vivo. (dovepress.com)
- That osmotic stress activates MAPKs was first described in Saccharomyces cerevisiae ( 28 ) and later also in mammalian cells ( 67 ). (physiology.org)
- These results, although of a preliminary nature, are of interest because they indicate that a prokaryotic genome may alter the cell cycle of mammalian cells. (elsevier.com)
- 1233-1239, 1986) that 25-OH inhibits the cell cycle traverse of SV-3T3 cells specifically in early G 1 . (aacrjournals.org)
- To further confirm that shikonin inhibits adipogenic differentiation through downregulation of ERK 1/2 activity, 3T3-L1 cells were treated with shikonin in the presence of FGF-2, an activator, or PD98059, an inhibitor, of the ERK1/2 signaling pathway. (biomedcentral.com)
- The effect of the HDACis on DNA methylation of HeLa cells was investigated by image analysis. (biomedcentral.com)
- Work in progress suggests DNA demethylation in HeLa cells. (biomedcentral.com)
- The chromatin remodeling promoted by these HDACis is also suggested to be affected by DNA demethylation in HeLa cells and histone H3K9me3 hypomethylation in NIH 3T3 cells. (biomedcentral.com)
- By co-transfecting NIH3T3 murine fibroblast and murine B78 H1 melanoma cells with pSG5tag and pSV2neo, we obtained clones expressing the mRNA of the bacterial tag gene coding for N3-methyladenine-DNA glycosylase I (Gly I), which specifically repairs N3-methyladenine. (biomedsearch.com)
- The levels of mRNA are shown as ratios relative to GST treated cells. (nih.gov)
- On the other hand, 70Q induced significant reduce in mRNA expressions of adiponectin and leptin compared to control (GST), though the differences between 70R and 70Q-treated cells did not reach statistical significance due to wide variation of data range (Fig 1B and 1C). (nih.gov)
- The differentiated cell types were only observed several days or weeks after treatment with the analog, implying that cell division was obligatory for the expression of the new phenotypes. (nih.gov)
- ALiCE® is a radically different approach to cell-free expression and a kit unlike any others. (amsbio.com)
- These results suggest that the increased expression of N3-methyladenine-DNA glycosylase is not necessarily a crucial mechanism for the resistance of cells to alkylating agents. (biomedsearch.com)
- The toxicity of cisplatin was compared in NIH/3T3 cells that vary in their content of metallothionein as a consequence of transfection with a plasmid that results in the constitutive expression of metallothionein. (aspetjournals.org)
- Control cells were transfected with a similar plasmid in which the coding sequences for metallothionein were inverted and separated from the promoter, thereby abolishing expression. (aspetjournals.org)
- Expression of metallothionein required neither selection nor maintenance of cells in the presence of heavy metals. (aspetjournals.org)
- The expression of vinculin, a major component of adhesion plaques and cell-cell junctions, is markedly modulated in cells during growth activation, differentiation, motility and cell transformation. (rupress.org)
- To study the effect of reduced vinculin expression on cell behavior, 3T3 cells were transfected with an antisense vinculin cDNA construct, and clones displaying decreased vinculin levels down to 10-30% of control levels were isolated. (rupress.org)
- The results demonstrate that the regulation of vinculin expression in cells can affect, in a major way, cell shape and motility, and that decreased vinculin expression can induce cellular changes reminiscent of those found in transformed cells. (rupress.org)
- CpG‐methylated DNA content was estimated in "condensed" chromatin of Ha‐ras‐transformed NIH 3T3 cell lines which differ in ras expression and ras‐induced metastatic ability but present approximately the same values of "condensed" chromatin areas. (iospress.com)
- Extremely low-frequency (ELF) magnetic fields have been reported to be capable of influencing both tissue remodeling and cell phenotypic expression in culture. (allenpress.com)
- METHODS: Expression vectors for wild-type and L68Q cystatin C were constructed and used to transfect mouse NIH/3T3 cells. (lu.se)
- Gene Expression during 3T3-L1 Cell. (ualberta.ca)
- Duplicate RNA samples were collected daily during the differentiation process and probed with the Affymetrix U74Av2 GeneChip® microarray to allow the time-course analysis of the gene expression profile in these differentiating cells. (ualberta.ca)
- Further, EECV treatment decreased AMPK-α expression as compared with control and metformin treated cells. (biomedcentral.com)
- In contrast, expression of both L1 ΔRSLE and L1 Y1176A was restricted to the cell body and proximal axonal shaft. (jneurosci.org)
- Using DNAs from a panel of Chinese hamster-mouse somatic cell hybrids together with in situ hybridization protocols for gene mapping studies, we have found that these DM-associated, amplified DNA sequences originate from mouse chromosome 10, region C1-C3. (springer.com)
- Among 10 Cd-induced transformed cell lines, significant gene amplification was found for c-myc and c-jun in 50% and 80% of the cell lines, respectively. (cdc.gov)
- These results suggest that cell transformation induced by Cd may be attributed, at least in part, to gene amplification of c-myc and c-jun and that some of the Cd-transformed cells may possess neoplastic potential resulting from genomic instability. (cdc.gov)
- From a practical point of view the stimulatory effect of microinjected pBR322 on cellular DNA synthesis has a more immediate interest, because pBR322 is the vector most commonly used for molecular cloning and 3T3 cells are very frequently used for gene transfer experiments. (elsevier.com)
- These results suggest that the v-src gene product, in a manner similar to some of the powerful tumor promoters, may directly or indirectly affect cell-cell communication. (elsevier.com)
- An active src gene was identified in three acute lymphoid leukaemias and in one non-Hodgkin lymphoma of T-cell origin. (elsevier.com)
- Mouse NIH / 3T3 cells were cultured in DMEM with 4 mM L-glutamine and harvested at the log phase of growth. (bio-medicine.org)
- We also show that these cells are serum-independent for growth and that they glycolyze much more rapidly than phenotypically normal cells. (pnas.org)
- In contrast, treatment with serum-free medium had no effect on cell cycle progression. (aacrjournals.org)
- When the cells were exposed to serum-free medium, there was no depression of activity of HMG CoA reductase, and the rate of [ 3 H]mevalonic acid incorporated into dolichol and cholesterol was not affected in any appreciable degree. (aacrjournals.org)
- A similar decrease in Coenzyme Q synthesis was also achieved by treating the cells with cholesterol-poor serum. (aacrjournals.org)
- Considered together with the fact that the activity of HMG CoA reductase and incorporation of mevalonic acid into dolichol were unaffected following serum-free treatment, the results suggest that maintenance of a certain level of de novo synthesis of dolichol may contribute to the capability of SV-3T3 cells to proliferate in serum-free medium. (aacrjournals.org)
- 3T3 cells were cultured in Dulbecco's Modified Eagle Medium with 10% fetal bovine serum (FBS) for 3 days. (ubc.ca)
- Magnesium reverses inhibitory effects of calcium deprivation on coordinate response of 3T3 cells to serum. (mblwhoilibrary.org)
- The levels of Gly I were 400 times higher in NIH3T3 pSG5tag (clone 3.9.4) and 12-33 times higher in B78 H1 tag clones (2A4, 2A6, 2C3 and 2D1) than in the respective control cells. (biomedsearch.com)