The doctrines and policies of the Nazis or the National Social German Workers party, which ruled Germany under Adolf Hitler from 1933-1945. These doctrines and policies included racist nationalism, expansionism, and state control of the economy. (from Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed. and American Heritage College Dictionary, 3d ed.)
The attempt to improve the PHENOTYPES of future generations of the human population by fostering the reproduction of those with favorable phenotypes and GENOTYPES and hampering or preventing BREEDING by those with "undesirable" phenotypes and genotypes. The concept is largely discredited. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)
Ventricular Function, Left
Ventricular Dysfunction, Left
A condition in which the LEFT VENTRICLE of the heart was functionally impaired. This condition usually leads to HEART FAILURE; MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION; and other cardiovascular complications. Diagnosis is made by measuring the diminished ejection fraction and a depressed level of motility of the left ventricular wall.
Hypertrophy, Left Ventricular
Encyclopedias as Topic
Cartoons as Topic
Human Rights Abuses
The great peninsula of southwest Asia comprising most of the present countries of the Middle East. It has been known since the first millennium B.C. In early times it was divided into Arabia Petraea, the northwest part, the only part ever conquered, becoming a Roman province; Arabia Deserta, the northern part between Syria and Mesopotamia; and Arabia Felix, the main part of the peninsula but by some geographers restricted to modern Yemen. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p63)
Donald Sassoon (30 July 2010). One Hundred Years of Socialism: The West European Left in the Twentieth Century. I.B.Tauris. p. ... 392-395 (The Left at War With Itself). *^ Renton, Dave (February 1997). "Does Labour's Left Have an Alternative?". Socialist ... Move to the left. By the end of the 1970s, Benn's views had shifted to the left-wing of the Labour Party. He attributed ... In the 1950s, Benn held middle-of-the-road or soft left views, and was not associated with the young left wing group around ...
Martin Smith (activist)
He is reported to have left the SWP in 2013 following accusations of the rape of a much younger female member of the party. ... International Socialism. London (143). Archived from the original on 28 February 2020. Retrieved 28 April 2020. CS1 maint: ... At the National Conference in January 2011, he left the post of National Secretary of the SWP in favour of Charlie Kimber, who ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Callinicos, Alex (26 June 2014). Callinicos, Alex (ed.). "Thunder on the left". ...
Revolutionary Democratic Group
"Republican Socialism and Left Unity , Left Unity". leftunity.org. Retrieved 18 August 2016. "Emancipation & Liberation » ... It left, however, regained the RDG name and soon afterwards joined the Socialist Alliance. The RDG had patchy relations with ... The RDG believed that the far left concentrates excessively on economic struggles without a clear focus on the need for ... Its former leader Steve Freeman has since been involved with the Republican Communist Network, Left Unity and the Republican ...
Kenefick, William (2007). "Left Radicalism, Labour and Socialism". Red Scotland!: The Rise and Fall of the Radical Left, c. ... He was a leading advocate of Christian Socialism, and was described by Sidney Webb as one of the "two most influential Scottish ... His The Relationship of the Church to Socialism (published in 1900) was one of several pamphlets that he wrote for the ... He also expressed his objection to doctrines of Socialism being inevitable, which he regarded as damaging to the Socialist ...
History of the Socialist Workers Party (Britain)
"Thunder on the left". International Socialism. Retrieved 11 July 2014. The Smallest Mass Party In The World by Ian Birchall: a ... later to pass through a number of left groups, and Duncan Hallas left, while Anil Moonesinghe and his wife Jeanne Hoban left ... Gall has since left the SWP and is now seen as a supporter of the leadership of the SSP. In 2006, SWP members in Scotland left ... In 1974 the Left Faction, one of whose leaders was Dave Stocking, was also expelled and formed Workers Power. It had argued ...
"Campaign for Socialism". Campaign for Socialism. "Who's who on the Scottish Labour left". Morning Star. 3 May 2016. p. 8. ... After leaving school in 1986, he became an apprentice bricklayer in his father's business, and spent ten years working there. ... He also intimated he would leave the Scottish Parliament after the 2021 election. He indicated he had made this decision in ... In 2017, he published his book Socialism and Hope: A journey through turbulent times, co-authored with biographer and ...
Anarchism portal Libertarianism portal Socialism portal Cost the limit of price Left-wing market anarchism Market socialism ... In France, Proudhon's influence on French socialism, including the Paris Commune, was surpassed by Marxist socialism only at ... but he distanced from any particular system of socialist economics or type of socialism. As a broad concept, socialism is one ... In 1847, he left this job and finally settled in Paris, where he was now becoming celebrated as a leader of innovation. In this ...
... "open left", defining it as "a practical, open-minded and tolerant type of democratic socialism". The group promotes a " ... "open left". Within the party, Open Labour is generally positioned to the right of internal left-wing groups like Momentum and ... The soft left tradition within Labour goes back to the 1980s. While many Labour MPs, including the recent Labour leader Ed ... Open Labour operates as a forum for Labour Party members to discuss ideas, tactics and campaigning in the soft left political ...
Islam in the Soviet Union
Left-wing socialist Muslims began to develop a distinct variant of communism called "National communism" that continued in the ... "The Bolsheviks and Islam." International Socialism: A quarterly journal of socialist theory. 110. 14 Feb 2007.  Alexandre A ... Nonetheless, Stalin's cult of personality left little room for the practice of Islam, or any other religions. During World War ... Shindler, Colin (2012). Israel and the European Left. New York: Continuum. p. 44. Crouch, Dave. " ...
V. P. Appukutta Poduval
"IDEOLOGUES OF SOCIALISM" (PDF). "Mathrubhumi Printing and Publishing Kannur epaper dated Sun, 2 Oct 16". Retrieved 2 October ... "House Donated by Freedom Fighter Left in Lurch". Retrieved 2 October 2016. " ... Retrieved 15 October 2016. "Mathrubhumi Printing and Publishing Kannur epaper dated Sun, 2 Oct 16". Retrieved 2 October 2016. " ... Retrieved 2 October 2016. Narayanasamy, S. (1 January 2003). The Sarvodaya Movement: Gandhian Approach to Peace and Non- ...
Beyond post-socialism : dialogues with the far-left. Houndsmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan. p. 93. ISBN 978-1 ... who used the terms socialism and communism interchangeably. Bordiga used socialism to mean what Marx called the lower-phase ... International Communist Party Left-communism Leninism Originally named the Communist Party of Italy, it was renamed to Italian ... Bordigism is a variant of left communism espoused by Bordiga, who was a founder of the Communist Party of Italy and a prominent ...
Muslim League (Pakistan)
"Islamic Socialism: A history from left to right". dawn.com. Retrieved 21 November 2020. "Archived copy". Archived from the ... original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 29 April 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link). ...
Paracha, Nadeem F. (21 February 2013). "Islamic Socialism: A history from left to right". Dawn. Retrieved 21 November 2020. " ... In a self-imposed exile to evade prosecution from the military dictatorship, Hanif left for the U.S., in the late 1970s. Hanif ... Ramay outlined the priorities for the PPP's brand of Islamic socialism as including elimination of feudalism and uncontrolled ... During the same time frame he founded the left-wing newspaper Masawaat. ...
She left Jon Stewart speechless when she described her thoughts after learning the Pakistani Taliban wanted her dead, saying: " ... Yousafzai expressing her belief in socialism in a letter to a meeting of Pakistani Marxists in Lahore Yousafzai spoke before ... Responding to concerns about his safety, Yousafzai's father said: "We wouldn't leave our country if my daughter survives or not ... Yousafzai expressing her concerns to Barack Obama that drone attacks are fueling terrorism I am convinced Socialism is the only ...
Irish Worker League
Charlie., McGuire (2008). Roddy Connolly and the struggle for socialism in Ireland. Cork University Press. pp. 121-122. ISBN ... Studies in Irish Radical Leadership Lives on the Left. Manchester, United Kingdom: Manchester University Press. p. 112. ISBN ... Studies in Irish Radical Leadership Lives on the Left. Manchester, United Kingdom: Manchester University Press. p. 112. ISBN ...
"Where is the radical left going?", International Socialism, 120, Autumn 2008. "The Limits of Passive Revolution" Capital & ... International Socialism, 156 (2017). Chris Harman and the critique of political economy, International Socialism, 165 (2020). ... He was a contributor to Dictionnaire Marx Contemporain (2001), and has written articles in New Left Review. He was Professor of ... He succeeded Chris Harman as editor of International Socialism in January 2010 shortly after Harman died and is a British ...
Letter to an Anti-Zionist Friend
Lipset, Seymour Martin (1969). "The Socialism of Fools": The Left, the Jews, and Israel. New York, NY: Anti-Defamation League. ... includes analysis of King's views on Israel) Kramer, Martin (2016). "In the Words of Martin Luther King" (PDF). The War on ...
Time to choose: is there a Scottish road to socialism? 2013, Scottish Left Review Press, Glasgow, second edition, pp196, ISBN ... Is there a Scottish Road to Socialism? 2007, Scottish Left Review Press, Glasgow, ISBN 978-0-9550362-2-4, pp137. Union ... He has been a member of the editorial board of the Scottish Left Review since 2003, is editor of its book arm, the Scottish ... He joined the Scottish Socialist Party (SSP) in advance of the SWP joining en masse, leaving the SWP in 2004 after many years ...
Communist Party of New Zealand
2002). On the Left: Essays on Socialism in New Zealand. Dunedin: University of Otago Press. ISBN 1877276197. Retrieved 18 ... As the 20th Century dawned, New Zealand was recognised by adherents of International Socialism around the globe as a sort of ... As a result of these events, most of the intellectuals the CPNZ had attracted left the party while some erstwhile supporters ... The New Zealand Socialist Party (NZSP), founded in 1901, included in its ranks a left wing which eschewed political action, ...
Socialist Party (Ireland)
The Socialist Party contested this election as part of the United Left Alliance (ULA), an alliance of far-left parties which ... The tendency organised within the Labour Party throughout the 1970s and 1980s, attempting to win the party towards socialism, ... International led to Paul Murphy TD leaving to form RISE. The split separately led to the formation of Militant Left, which ... The Socialist Party left the ULA in January 2013. Socialist Party members contested the 2014 local elections as part of the ...
Bainbridge, Alex (23 September 2020). "Councillor Rob Pyne: 'Democratic socialism is getting a wider hearing'". Green Left. ... Pyne resigned from the Labor Party's left faction. On 7 March 2016, after being publicly critical of a number of government ... On 5 May 2016, Pyne submitted a private members bill to the Queensland Parliament to decriminalise abortion in Queensland. In ... Pyne was elected for the Australian Labor Party, but resigned to sit as an independent in March 2016; he then lost his seat to ...
The Forging of American Socialism: Origins of the Modern Movement: The Impact of Socialism on American Thought and Action, 1886 ... Upon leaving school, Bellamy made his way to Europe for a year, spending extensive time in Germany. Bellamy briefly studied law ... Lipow, Authoritarian Socialism in America, pg. 31. Casson, Henry, ed. The blue book of the state of Wisconsin 1897 Madison, ... Arthur Lipow, Authoritarian Socialism in America: Edward Bellamy and the Nationalist Movement. Berkeley, CA: University of ...
A democratic Socialism, controlled by majority votes, guided by numbers, can never succeed; a truly aristocratic Socialism, ... It is now double what it was when Clement Attlee left office in 1951". The latest edition of the Dictionary of ... "The Future Socialism". Bibby's Annual (reprinted by Adyar Pamphlet). OCLC 038686071. Archived from the original on 16 January ... Salāmah Mūsā of Egypt, another prominent champion of Arab Socialism, was a keen adherent of Fabian Society, and a member since ...
List of democratic socialist parties that have governed
"Broad Front: left-wing to far-left, democratic socialism, feminism, anti-capitalism." Lozada, Lucas Iberico (22 August 2016). " ... Democratic socialism List of democratic socialist parties and organizations "Tetsu Katayama". infoplease.com. Retrieved January ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Evans, Alex (16 September 2013). "Your Guide - The Left Party (Die Linke)". The Local. ... 1 November 2004). "From Socialism to Social Democracy: Party Organization and the Transformation of the Workers' Party in ...
Those who agree with this criticism view it as a refutation of socialism, showing that socialism is not a viable or sustainable ... Fortunately, we have left that behind us.. *^ a b Mayer, Thomas (Winter 1998). "Boettke's Austrian critique of mainstream ... The result of this deplorable confusion is that there is no term left to signify the cause of this rise in prices and wages. ... That inflation at a constant rate soon ceases to have any stimulating effect, and in the end merely leaves us with a backlog of ...
Communist Party of Great Britain
... and establish Democratic Left, a left-leaning political think tank rather than a political party. Democratic Left itself ... By 1977 debate around the new draft of the British Road to Socialism brought the party to breaking point. Many of the anti- ... Some Scottish members formed the Communist Party of Scotland, others Democratic Left Scotland and Democratic Left Wales Chwith ... and eventually for revisionist tendencies in the wider liberal-left, in particular for the soft left around Neil Kinnock in the ...
Democratic Socialists of America
DSA members have views ranging across the spectrum of eco-socialism, democratic socialism, libertarian socialism, and communism ... "An Open Letter to the New New Left From the Old New Left". Public Seminar. Finn, Daniel. "An Open Letter from SDS Veterans ... The DSA inherited both Old Left and New Left heritage. The NAM was a successor to the disintegrated Students for a Democratic ... Marc Tracy, "Is 'Bernie or Bust' the Future of the Left?" New York Times, August 6, 2019. Print version: "Party on the Left ...
... later the Socialist Left Party, which he left in protest against what he perceived as a shift to the right under Erik Solheim. ... Underlid was a member of the Movement for Socialism. Underlid died in Bergen on July 31, 2016. Arbeidslaus (Jobless; Det Norske ... He left that party in 2003 in protest against the party's shift toward Stalinism. ... Klassekampen, August 9, 2016, p. 7. Publications by Kjell Underlid in Bibsys Publications by Kjell Underlid in CRIStin. ...
John Bellamy Foster
Foster's book The Return of Nature: Socialism and Ecology (2020) won the Deutscher Memorial Prize for that year. In the book, ' ... Marxism in the Anthropocene: dialectical rifts on the Left. International Critical Thought 6(3):393-421. DOI: 10.1080/ ... Foster was left as sole editor of the magazine. Foster's initial research centered on Marxian political economies and theories ... Socialism and Ecology (2020) 1999. Marx's theory of metabolic rift: classical foundations for environmental sociology. American ...
It is a left supported organization. A trade union with nearly 2,000,000 members is the Self Employed Women's Association (SEWA ... "Trades Unions and Socialism". International Socialist Review. 1 (10). Retrieved 27 July 2011 ... Typically this is a left-wing, socialist, or social democratic party, but many exceptions exist, including some of the ... In Britain, the perceived left-leaning nature of trade unions has resulted in the formation of a reactionary right-wing trade ...
List of political parties in China
The Kuomintang had no choice but to leave mainland China and relocate to the island of Taiwan in 1945 from Japan, then fled ... Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era Chinese Dream. Four Comprehensives. ... Retrieved 28 December 2016.. *^ "- 中國國民黨全球資訊網 KMT Official Website". 中國國民黨全球資訊網. Archived from the original on 2012-08-23. ... Retrieved 14 December 2016.. *^ Moore, Malcolm. "Former teacher names Bo Xilai chairman of 'new political party
After the sweeping victory of the Left Front in 1977, Jyoti Basu became the Chief Minister of the Left Front government, a ... After the fall of the Soviet Union and the setbacks to socialism, he provided the leadership along with his colleagues in the ... "When things started to go bad (in Left front), he was sad. He was sad about what happened with me. I used to consult him on all ... Under his leadership, the Left Front government focused on land reforms in the state; it instituted a panchayati raj system ...
... : Major Works on Religion and Politics: Leaves from the Notebook of a Tamed Cynic, Moral Man and Immoral ... Niebuhr's thoughts on racial justice developed slowly after he abandoned socialism. Niebuhr attributed the injustices of ... The Right of the Protestant Left: God's Totalitarianism (2012) . *. Fackre, Gabriel (2011). The Promise of Reinhold Niebuhr ... Leaves from the Notebook of a Tamed Cynic, Richard R. Smith pub, (1930), Westminster John Knox Press 1991 reissue: .mw-parser- ...
Wat Phra Dhammakaya
"LTTE preventing civilians leaving war zone, Prime Minister tells Thai counterpart". Daily News. Lake House. Retrieved 9 May ... Buaban, Jesada (August 2016). ความทรงจำในดวงแก้ว: ความทรงจำที่แปรเปลี่ยนไปเกี่ยวกับวัดพระธรรมกายภายใต้ปริมณฑลรัฐบ
Discrimination against asexual people
Disbelieving attitudes towards asexuality can leave asexual people afraid to come out. ... 2016). Purple Prose: Bisexuality in Britain. Thorntree Press LLC. ISBN 9780996460170. .. *^ Lydia Smith (4 February 2019). " ... Socialism. *Sodomy laws. *Transgender rights. *United Nations/Yogyakarta Principles. *La Francophonie. *Commonwealth of Nations ... Robyn Exton (14 November 2016). "Aces Show Their Hand - What Is Asexuality And Why You Should Know About It". Huffington Post. ...
"We are left alone, without excuse." "We can act without being determined by our past which is always separated from us." ... "Polish road to socialism" and wanted more independence for Poland, but was loyal to the Soviet Union because of the Oder-Neisse ... directed more to the concept of the Left than a specific party of the Left. ... Can There Be a Decent Left? Archived 18 November 2011 at the Wayback Machine Template:Website=Kenyon.edu Michael Walzer ...
Jewish left. *Jewish pacifism. *Jewish political movements. *Jewish right. *Jewish secularism. *Jewish socialism *Bundism ... 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2018.. *^ Vater, Ann M. (1980). "Review of God and the Rhetoric of Sexuality". Journal of Biblical ...
Conservatism in the United States
Socialism. The term "socialist" has been used as a "rhetorical weapon" against the left by conservatives. David ... Tim Groseclose, PhD (July 19, 2011). Left Turn: How Liberal Media Bias Distorts the American Mind. St. Martin's Press. p. 21. ... From the left, law professor Herman Schwartz argues that Rehnquist's reliance on federalism and state's rights have been a "Fig ... Federal revenues as a percent of the GDP fell from 19.6% in 1981 when Reagan took office to 18.3% in 1989 when he left. Federal ...
Communist Party of India (Marxist)
Left Front (Tripura). Left Front (West Bengal). Left Democratic Front (Kerala). Left-Democratic Manch, Assam. Bahujan Left ... dead link] Unity For Peace and Socialism homepage[permanent dead link] *^ "CPIM : About Us". CPIM. January 5, 2015. Retrieved ... In West Bengal and Tripura it participates in the Left Front. In Kerala the party is part of the Left Democratic Front. In ... Left)'. The party has used the name 'Left' because CPI people were dubbed as rightist in nature for their support to Congress- ...
Such cooperative behaviors have sometimes been seen as arguments for left-wing politics such by the Russian zoologist and ... anarchist Peter Kropotkin in his 1902 book Mutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution and Peter Singer in his book A Darwinian Left. ... Lockwood, Patricia L; Apps, Matthew A J; Valton, Vincent; Viding, Essi; Roiser, Jonathan P (2016). "Neurocomputational ...
Typically this is a left-wing, socialist, or social democratic party, but many exceptions exist, including some of the ... "Trades Unions and Socialism". International Socialist Review. 1 (10). Retrieved 27 July 2011 ... In Britain, the perceived left-leaning nature of trade unions has resulted in the formation of a reactionary right-wing trade ... The United States takes a more laissez-faire approach, setting some minimum standards but leaving most workers' wages and ...
East End of London
Chapter 16: My Second Foreign Exite: German Socialism Trotsky, Leon My Life (Charles Schribner's Sons, New York, 1930) Marxist ... Many families were left destitute, with thousands of children orphaned and forced to beg or find work in the factories. In 1867 ... Performances were in Yiddish, and predominantly melodrama. These declined, as audience and actors left for New York and the ... East End Jewish Radicals 1875-1914 William J. Fishman (Five Leaves Publications, 2004) ISBN 0-907123-45-7 ...
Centre Party (Finland)
Conciliation between right and left. For the Agrarian League, the centrist governments were just a transitional period ... Communist Workers' Party - For Peace and Socialism. *Feminist Party. *Independence Party. *Liberal Party - Freedom to Choose ... The new president allowed the first centre-left government to be formed in Finland. A new era had begun. ... In March 2016, the Centre Party announced that its candidate for the 2018 presidential election will be the former Prime ...
Fischer, Mary (April 23, 2009). Why women are leaving men for other women, CNN.com/Oprah.com. Retrieved on April 23, 2009. ... Lesbian-feminism was a youth-oriented movement: its members were primarily college educated, with experience in New Left and ... 2016). Female Erasure: What You Need To Know About Gender Politics' War on Women, the Female Sex and Human Rights (1st ed.). ... historians gathered that a group of young women were left in Sappho's charge for their instruction or cultural edification. ...
Green Party of England and Wales
Eco-socialism. Progressivism. Pro-Europeanism. Political position. Left-wing. ... "Millionaire donors and business leaders back Vote Leave campaign to exit EU". The Guardian. 9 October 2015. Archived from the ... In terms of values, Green voters have been found to be more often than not on the left of the political spectrum, and they have ... "Mapping Europe's party systems: which parties are the most right-wing and left-wing in Europe?". London School of Economics / ...
Initially, Waters set out to write a book about the economic changes brought by socialism in postwar Britain, and reviewers ... She has politically always identified herself as on the left of the political spectrum. ... The novel was later adapted again by South Korean director Park Chan-wook into the 2016 film The Handmaiden, which set the ...
List of atheists in science and technology
He was a left-wing atheist who argued against African enslavement.. *^ Evans, James; Thorndike, Alan S. (2007). Quantum ... Lucas Garron (December 2010). "Background & Currents". NATIONAL SOCIALISM AND THE DEATH OF GERMAN MATHEMATICS (PDF). p. 8. ... Leaves from an unwritten diary: S. Chandrasekhar, Reminiscences and Reflections, Current Science, 78(8):1025-1033. ... "Gad Saad on Religion, New Atheism, and the Regressive Left".. *^ Charlie Rose, interviewing Oliver Sacks, asked him whether he ...
List of countries with universal health care
85.4% of Americans had insurance when Obama entered office; 89.1% had insurance by the time he left office. ... playing on widespread American opposition to socialism. ... with more decisions left to local people, patients, and staff. ... leaving about 23 million nonelderly residents uninsured (about one-third of whom would be illegal immigrants). Under the ... real competition for patients is rare leaving most patients with little or no effective choice of insurer, and in many places, ...
"From Leaving The Homeland to the First Assimilation Measures" (PDF). Čačipen Pal O Roma - A Global Report on Roma in Slovakia. ... Lemon, Alaina (2000). Between Two Fires: Gypsy Performance and Romani Memory from Pushkin to Post-Socialism. Durham: Duke ... "From Leaving The Homeland to the First Assimilation Measures" (PDF). Čačipen Pal O Roma - A Global Report on Roma in Slovakia. ... Scholars argue about when and how they left India, but it is generally accepted that they did emigrate from northern India some ...
Guy Ankerl, Beyond Monopoly Capitalism and Monopoly Socialism. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Schenkman Pbl., 1978. ISBN 0-87073-938 ... Left to its own devices, a profit-seeking natural monopoly will produce where marginal revenue equals marginal costs. ...
Peoples' Democratic Party (Turkey)
Democratic socialism. Left-wing populism. Regionalism. Minority rights. Political pluralism. Direct ... the Greens and the Left Party of the Future, the Peace and Democracy Party, some far-left factions, feminist groups, LGBT ... If socialism and an open democracy succeed in Turkey, it will be closely related to this democratic negotiation process.". ... Generally left-wing, the party places a strong emphasis on participatory democracy, radical democracy, feminism, minority ...
Left Party (Sweden)
Hermansson initiated a change in the political direction of the party towards Eurocommunism and Nordic Popular socialism. ... The Left Party is a member of the Nordic Green Left Alliance, and its MEP sits in the European United Left-Nordic Green Left ( ... Standing from left: Viktor Herou, Verner Karlsson, J. P. Dahlén. Sitting from left: Karl Kilbom, August Spångberg, Helmer ... The Left Party (Swedish: Vänsterpartiet, V) is a socialist and feminist political party in Sweden on an ecological basis. The ...
B. R. Ambedkar
From left - Yashwant (son), Ambedkar, Ramabai (wife), Laxmibai (wife of his elder brother, Balaram), Mukund (nephew) and ... after he left for London. On 9 May, he presented the paper Castes in India: Their Mechanism, Genesis and Development before a ... Ambedkar announced his intention to convert to a different religion and exhorted his followers to leave Hinduism. He would ... Archived from the original on 30 July 2016.. *^ Bayly, Susan (2001). Caste, Society and Politics in India from the Eighteenth ...
... turned to socialism. These tendencies would be united in Labor Zionism, the founding ideology of the State of Israel. ... reducing a population of several million to just 400 families who left Northern Italy around the year 1000 for Central and ... Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 March 2016.. *^ Wade, Nicholas (9 June 2010). "Studies Show Jews' Genetic Similarity". ... Retrieved 16 March 2016. At least 194 Jews and people of half- or three-quarters-Jewish ancestry have been awarded the Nobel ...
Statism in Shōwa Japan
Pan-Asian militarist societies with centrist and left-wing supporters of state socialism. ... His political philosophy was outlined in his thesis National Policy and Pure Socialism (ja, 国体論及び純正社会主義) (国体論及び純正社会主義 Kokutai ... Japan withdrew from the League of Nations in 1933, bringing it closer to Nazi Germany, which also left that year, and Fascist ... In the early 1930s, the Ministry of Home Affairs began arresting left-wing political dissidents, generally in order
Claus von Stauffenberg
Stauffenberg lost his left eye, his right hand, and two fingers on his left hand. He jokingly remarked to friends never to ... Stauffenberg wanted to retain all the totalitarian, militaristic and socialistic elements of National Socialism (p. 504). What ... He left the second bomb with his 'aide-de-camp, Werner von Haeften, and returned to the briefing room, where he placed the ... He left the room to arm the first bomb with specially adapted pliers, a task made difficult because he had lost his right hand ...
2012 Israeli operation in the Gaza Strip
"Hamas leaves Israel no choice". Guardian. Retrieved 19 November 2012.. *^ "Hamas Uses Gazans as Human Shields When Launching ... "International Socialism (116). Retrieved 13 November 2011.. Review of Ramzy Baroud; Kathleen Christison; Bill Christison; ... Five of the bodies were left in a pile while a mob stomped and spit on them. A sixth body was tied to a motorcycle and dragged ... Israel warned the foreign journalists to leave the building before the strike. One foreign journalist that ...
... and as good left in common for others."). ... Eco-socialism. *Libertarian socialism. *Mercantilism. *Post- ... Uni Common Knowledge 3 (November 26, 2016), Jeff Bezos - Start Small, and You MIGHT Succeed Big. ... caltech (October 25, 2016), Bill Gates Conversation with Caltech Students - 10/20/2016. ... Evan Carmichael (June 25, 2016), Elon Musk's Top Book Recommendations - #FavoriteBooks. *. "18 Book Recommendations From ...
Islam in Albania
Czekalski, Tadeusz (2013). The shining beacon of socialism in Europe: The Albanian state and society in the period of communist ... Lead Mosque with minaret in Shkodër, circa late 1800s (left) and without minaret in dilapidated state and prone to flooding, ... Mirahori mosque of Korçë in 2002 with destroyed minaret from communist times (left) and with rebuilt minaret in 2013 (right). ... some 100 or so Albanians so far have left Albania to become foreign fighters by joining various fundamentalist Salafi jihadist ...
Socialism in Australia - Wikipedia
Australian Left Review, 1(80), 44-51. *^ a b Burgmann, Verity (1985). In Our Time: Socialism and the rise of Labor, 1885 -1905 ... Robinson, Geoff (2019). Being Left-Wing in Australia: Identity, Culture and Politics after Socialism. Australian Scholarly ... Socialism in Australia dates back to the earliest pioneers of the area in the late 19th century. Notions of socialism in ... "Green Left Weekly. 6 September 2016.. *^ Boyle, Peter (6 September 2016). "Fourth socialist elected to a local council in ...
Liberal socialism - Wikipedia
Socialism portal Christian socialism Economic liberalism Free-market anarchism History of socialism Left-wing market anarchism ... Liberal socialism is a political philosophy that incorporates liberal principles to socialism. Liberal socialism has been ... State socialism especially-collectivist, centralising socialism-has been defeated". Rossellis liberal socialism was partly ... Liberal socialism is a type of socialism that has been most prominent in the post-war period. For Ian Adams, post-war social ...
Socialism of the 21st century - Wikipedia
Similarly, some of the left-wing pink tide governments were criticised for turning from socialism to authoritarianism and ... socialism of the 21st century is often contrasted with previous applications of socialism in other countries, with a major ... Critics claim that socialism of the 21st century in Latin America acts as a façade for authoritarianism. The charisma of ... The model of socialism of the 21st century encourages economic and political integration among nations in Latin America and the ...
Very inconvenient truths: sex buyers, sexual coercion, and prostitution-harm-denial Logos Journal
Dick Howard: The New Left and the Marxian Legacy. Karel Ludenhoff: Marx, Socialism and the Ecology Review Essay. Nicholas ... Hiding beneath the banner of labor unions, pimps appeal to the Lefts sympathies. Yet groups such as the New Zealand ... As of 2016, 80% of German and Dutch prostitution was under the control of criminal mafias.. The aftermaths of legal ... As of 2016, 80% of German and Dutch prostitution was under the control of criminal mafias. ...
The Great Democratic Crack-Up of 2016 - Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism
Draft Of An Eight-Point Platform For Making A Major Breakthrough On Left Unity. By Carl Davidson, Bill Fletcher, Jr. and Pat ... Hes neither firmly in the centrist camp nor in the far-left camp. And the bizarreness of the litmus test theyre now applying ... Online University of the Left Now at 6500+ Friends, 42,000 Visitors & reaching 100,000+ More...Check It Out and See Why ... Her caucus of House Democrats, now reduced to 188 members, is dominated by urban liberals, with fewer moderates left to argue ...
Readers' Views | SocialistWorker.org
Castros socialism and ours , Can America be great?, What passes for the "center" , Confused about the left December 1, 2016 ... The left response to an assault , More factors in Chicagos violence , What the hacked e-mails showed , Give Obama some credit ... What Gramsci was allowed to say , The relevance of E.P. Thompson , Why Im voting for Stein , We need a party for the left ... E.P. Thompson and pessimism , Labor at Standing Rock , We need a new party , The "lesser evil" in 1964 November 10, 2016 ...
Left Strategy in 2016: Building Real Political Independence - Communist Party USA
In this article, he provides an up-to-date look at where things stand in the 2016 elections and offers important insights on ... strategic thinking for the broad democratic left. So far, the 2016 elections have been anything but predictable. ... For socialism. For a sustainable future and a world that puts people before profits. Join the Communist Party USA today. ... Left Strategy in 2016: Building Real Political Independence. Home. , Article. , Left Strategy in 2016: Building Real Political ...
Socialist Health AssociationLabour Party Archives - Page 3 of 7 - Socialist Health Association | Page 3
Over the least 30 years, the British left was right to reject state socialism; but wrong to be so relaxed about the UKs ... A future left agenda. This is the landscape for the lefts renewal in the 2020s: new social facts; new ways of seeing the world ... Socialism remains a spiky and challenging word in modern Britain. But it is much better to claim it and to define it than to ... So the left must not settle for a defensive, conservative politics that seeks to reset things to how they were when Labour was ...
Referendum revolt: Capitalist establishment shattered
200) of Socialism Today. Referendum revolt: Capitalist establishment shattered. The vote to leave the EU has rocked capitalist ... Leave. Polly Toynbee in the liberal Guardian vented her rage against the "uneducated" leave voters who massively rejected ... It is true that the racist UK Independence Party (UKIP) was for leave, as was the Tory capitalist brutalist duo of Johnson and ... There was a steely determination in many working-class areas in particular to turn out and vote leave. This was despite the ...
The Culture of Torture in the Trump Era
Tony Benn - Wikipedia
Donald Sassoon (30 July 2010). One Hundred Years of Socialism: The West European Left in the Twentieth Century. I.B.Tauris. p. ... 392-395 (The Left at War With Itself). *^ Renton, Dave (February 1997). "Does Labours Left Have an Alternative?". Socialist ... Move to the left. By the end of the 1970s, Benns views had shifted to the left-wing of the Labour Party. He attributed ... In the 1950s, Benn held middle-of-the-road or soft left views, and was not associated with the young left wing group around ...
Secular left - Conservapedia
How Socialism Causes Atheism - OpEd *↑ Atheist and humanist organizations are prioritizing left-leaning political views above ... 2 Secular left and opposition to religious conservatives. *3 History of the secular left *3.1 Influence of the secular left in ... 7 Secular left vs. secular right. *8 Secular leftism is declining in the 21st century *8.1 Decline of the secular left and ... Secular left, humor and hypocrisy. See also: Atheism and humor Although the secular left is known for ridiculing religion since ...
Print - Mississippi Business Journal
Discover the Networks | * The Nature & Goals of Communism / Socialism
Why the Left Is Reactionary. By Barry Loberfeld. June 12, 2006. Socialism, Free Enterprise, and the Common Good. By Robert A. ... Why Socialism Failed. By Mark Perry. June 1995. Just What Was Fundamentally Wrong with Bolshevism?. By Steven Plaut. November ... This is the enduring and poisonous message of the Manifesto, and why its believers have left such a trail of human slaughter in ... Why Socialism Will Always Be with Us. By David Solway. September 13, 2016 ...
Better a poor patient in U.S. than rich in Socialism | Tulsa Today
Leave a Reply Cancel reply. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * ... Better a poor patient in U.S. than rich in Socialism. By Gerard J. Gianoli, M.D.. Analysis: "What about the poor?" is ... Fidel Castro left Cuba, Michael Moores "socialist healthcare paradise", for a private hospital in Spain when he needed life- ... And they dont need to leave the country.. Medicaid patients have better access to healthcare in the U.S. than the politically ...
Saudi Arabia: Leader of the UN Human Rights Council Executions | Dissident Voice
Dissidents of the International Left Interviews by Andy Heintz. * Internationalism or Extinction Noam Chomsky ... Understanding Socialism Richard D. Wolff. *More books ». Saudi Arabia: Leader of the UN Human Rights Council Executions. by ... This article was posted on Monday, January 18th, 2016 at 7:16pm and is filed under Cartoon, Death Penalty, Human Rights, Saudi ...
Social democracy without social democrats: how can the left recover? - Canadian Dimension
Social democracy without social democrats: how can the left recover?. Neal Lawson Socialism March 1, 2018 ... Even left-wing social democracy is still fatally undermined by the shift from the context of the 20th century to the 21st. ... The bible of this revisionist era was Tony Croslands The Future of Socialism and the belief that a mixed economy was here to ... Here social democrats are left in a terrible bind - defending work that is likely to be lost, but defending work that is ...
Agenda 2030 is about implementing the MARK OF THE BEAST. A ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT UNDER THE U.N. **UPDATE PAGE 5 & 6 - Page 4
And Obama leaves Presidential office in January 20th 2017 ready to take his place.. Things are lining up.....and not in a good ... HEY read this!! Obama set to head UN after Presidency? UN Agenda 2030: A Recipe for Global Socialism Looks like O has his ... Global National Socialism v Communism War 2021 & The World Health Organization Plan: a 2030 Super-virus. 04/29/20. ... but are left when the time is come to move on into higher wonder.. When you have begun to realize this and have glimpsed ...
What has happened to the British labour movement and what does it mean for the left in the unions? - International Socialism
The problem is not lost on the trade union lefts, or the current left Labour Party leadership. ... What has happened to the British labour movement and what does it mean for the left in the unions?. Issue: 157. Posted on 9th ... International Socialism has covered events in Egypt from the strike waves that led up to the revolution, the events of 2011 ... Trade union leaderships, left and right, enjoy a greater degree of control of their memberships than ever before. The changes ...
Valerian V. Obolensky
The Left Communists Theses on the Current Situation (Russia, 1918). Submitted by Red Marriott on Aug 28 2016 21:57 ... On the construction of socialism - Nikolai Osinsky (Valerian V. Obolensky). In this text first published in the journal of the ... The Bolshevik Party in Conflict: the Left Communist Opposition of 1918 - Ronald I. Kowalski. Submitted by Craftwork on Aug 29 ... 1991 book examining the part played by the left communists following the Russian revolution, and their positions on a number of ...
The Left Communists Theses on the Current Situation (Russia, 1918). Submitted by Red Marriott on Aug 28 2016 21:57 ... On the construction of socialism - Nikolai Osinsky (Valerian V. Obolensky). In this text first published in the journal of the ... This is our third translation from Kommunist No 1 the journal of the "left Communists" which appeared briefly in the spring of ... The Bolshevik Party in Conflict: the Left Communist Opposition of 1918 - Ronald I. Kowalski. Submitted by Craftwork on Aug 29 ...
The Power of Deep Organizing
In fact, the absence of such a left is not only a limit to further advances, it also goes a long way to explaining the defeats ... are of value to any class-based organizing, including socialism. What needs careful consideration and assessment is the ... deals with employers that left the members aside, mergers that added size but no energy or strategy. Refusing to build working- ... doesnt directly raise the relationship between class power in the workplace/community and the struggle for socialism, McAlevey ...
Labor | International Socialist Review
Even the far left that viewed Sanderss "democratic socialism" and his.... Lessons from the teachers strike wave. By Dana ... Charting the ebbs and flows of the US radical Left. Dan Georgakas reviews Left Americana: The Radical Heart of US History. by ... The countless African Americans who participated in civil rights protests and street rebellions in the 1960s didnt leave their ... In 2016, Bernie Sanderss campaign for the Democratic Party presidential nomination caused an earthquake across the spectrum of ...
Foreign Affairs | Oliver DeMille
Socialism will be the norm from the California redwoods to the beaches of Florida, from the Midwest to the Plains, and from the ... For example, if there are five possible paths for a baby to take when he crawls through the doorway leaving his room, but he ... Step 4- Socialism: Use the increasing size and scope of the federal government to redistribute money from the affluent and ... Step 4- Socialism: Use the increasing size and scope of the federal government to redistribute money from the affluent and ...
What Happened to the Pink Tide?
Left Neoliberalism. The experience of left-wing governments in power is representative of the problems of trying to "humanize" ... The Movement for Socialisms (MAS) power in Bolivia was dealt a blow with the recent referendum loss, which if passed would ... The left-wing governments which together comprised the pink tide - including Venezuela, Bolivia, Ecuador, and to a less radical ... But this meant that activists and progressives left the ranks of popular leaders to form part of the elite, resulting in a loss ...
Democratic Socialism Derangement Syndrome? Why Hysteria about the Rise of the Progressive Left Misses the Mark
... Election pearl- ... "Democratic socialism offers a world to work toward that looks a hell of a lot better than the one weve been handed - and a ... Democratic socialism offers a world to work toward that looks a hell of a lot better than the one weve been handed - and a ... Whether suggesting democratic socialism is just for white men, that its policies are too radical for most Americans, that it ...
Building Socialism in Cuba - International Viewpoint - online socialist magazine
In July 2016, thanks to a 20 percent reduction in oil shipments from Venezuela, Cubas economy minister Marino Murillo ... These left-wing formations resist reductions to state benefits and unprecedented in the Cuban left s history call for a worker- ... Many on the Left have opposed it, seeing it as the Trojan horse of capitalism and foreign domination. However, a policy of ... This market socialism was locally self-managed, but regionally and nationally controlled by the League of Communists . It did ...
China Doesn't Mind Islamic Extremists - Foreign Policy
Today, there are virtually no Uighurs left in Yunnan.. On my own visit to Shadian in April, a Han convert to Islam showed me an ... Socialism: Why Its Back and What It Means. January 17, 2020, 9:24 PM. ... In recent days, the rise in violent extremism and radical jihad around the world has also left China grappling with its own ... The effect was what locals called liang qing ("double sweeping"), as nonlocal students and teachers left. Student numbers at ...
Two Takes on the Bolivian Uprising in Potosi - The Bullet
... have been at the centre of attempts to form anti-neoliberal political alliances and put on the agenda a 21st century socialism ... have all inspired the Left outside Bolivia. The Movement for Socialism-Political Instrument for. the Sovereignty of the Peoples ... He is the author of Red October: Left-Indigenous Struggles in Modern Bolivia (2010), and From Rebellion to Reform in Bolivia: ... He is the author of Red October: Left-Indigenous Struggles in Modern Bolivia (Brill, 2010), and Rebellion to Reform in Bolivia ...
Millennials are in a love triangle with capitalism and socialism - Students For Liberty North America
But the connection has helped fuse ecology to socialism in the platforms of left-wing parties across the globe. ... Socialism, unlike capitalism, makes a virtue of constrained personal consumption. A major reason for this, of course, is that ... The Great Recession has left them playing financial catch-up. A Pew analysis of census data reveals 15% of 25-to-35 year olds ... What explains it? The generation is intrigued by the idea of socialism. It embraces many of its values and the public policies ...
CapitalismDemocraticElectionInternational SocialismTerm in 2016Viewed socialism favorablyTrumpYear 20162017201921stAmericaCommunismJohn Bachtell18th20th-centuryBrexitBernieDemocracyCommunist PartyDemocratsRadicalGallupVotersEstablishmentLabourPoliticalPoliticoPresidential candidateSandersPoliticsCrisisCubaOppositionLiberalSocialistsDemocratically electedGovernmentsBroaderFascismElectionsMovementTrump'sFringeRallyRacismCommentaryDrawsDrewAlliesPeopleSovereigntyTimeActivistsIrrelevantTwentiethAmericans
- While social democracy is somewhat anti-capitalist insofar as criticism of capitalism is linked to the private ownership of the means of production, liberal socialism identifies artificial and legalistic monopolies to be the fault of capitalism and opposes an entirely unregulated market economy. (wikipedia.org)
- While socialists have been hostile to liberalism, accused of "providing an ideological cover for the depredation of capitalism", it has been pointed out that "the goals of liberalism are not so different from those of the socialists", although this similarity in goals has been described as being deceptive due to the different meanings liberalism and socialism give to liberty, equality and solidarity. (wikipedia.org)
- Dieterich argued in 1996 that both free-market industrial capitalism and 20th-century socialism in the form of Marxism-Leninism have failed to solve urgent problems of humanity such as poverty, hunger, exploitation of labour, economic oppression, sexism, racism, the destruction of natural resources and the absence of a truly participative democracy. (wikipedia.org)
- Latin America's "pink tide" governments challenge neoliberalism and US hegemony, but leave the basic structures of capitalism intact. (jacobinmag.com)
- Having lived through the worst financial crisis in a generation and a pitiless job market while facing mounting student debt and the looming threat of climate havoc, millennials - on the cusp of becoming the country's largest bloc of eligible voters - have grown disillusioned with capitalism and, according to a 2016 YouGov survey, now view socialism more favorably. (commondreams.org)
- Socialism, unlike capitalism, makes a virtue of constrained personal consumption. (studentsforliberty.org)
- For some DSA grandees, like NYC chapter co-chair Bianca Cunningham, socialism means a planned economy that replaces market capitalism. (nymag.com)
- The organization's membership has tripled, and new polling suggests that 37 percent of American adults now prefer socialism to capitalism. (thenation.com)
- If you say left-right in describing political parties, most people think in terms of economics, capitalism vs socialism. (marginalrevolution.com)
- The question I intend addressing is how the values inherent in capitalism bear on "distributive justice" compared with Christian values and, as a subsidiary reference point, with those inherent in socialism. (quadrant.org.au)
- No other system, whether it was feudal or mercantilist before the rise of capitalism at the beginning of the nineteenth century, or the experiments with socialism-cum-communism in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, has produced enough material goods to sustain widespread materialism. (quadrant.org.au)
- Marxists like to compare a theoretically perfect version of socialism with practical, imperfect capitalism which allows them to claim that socialism is superior to capitalism. (cfact.org)
- In a world with perfect beings and infinite abundance, any economic or political system-socialism, capitalism, fascism, or communism-would work perfectly. (cfact.org)
- The real choice we face is between imperfect capitalism and imperfect socialism. (cfact.org)
- It's either about socialism or capitalism. (rushlimbaugh.com)
- Capitalism or socialism. (rushlimbaugh.com)
-  Notions of socialism in Australia have taken many different forms including the utopian nationalism of Edward Bellamy , the Marxism of parties such as the Communist Party of Australia , and the democratic socialist reformist electoral project of the early Australian Labor Party . (wikipedia.org)
- Socialism of the 21st century has democratic socialist elements, but it primarily resembles Marxist revisionism. (wikipedia.org)
- ALBA is most explicitly related to socialism of the 21st century while other organizations focus on economic integration, ALBA promotes social, political and economic integration among countries that subscribe to democratic socialism. (wikipedia.org)
- In this article, he provides an up-to-date look at where things stand in the 2016 elections and offers important insights on strategic thinking for the broad democratic left. (cpusa.org)
- it is also a movement that has greatly broadened political imagination, brought thousands of people (especially young people) into politics, and stimulated a national discussion of the idea of "democratic socialism. (cpusa.org)
- In my opinion, such thinking overestimates the strength of the Left, underestimates the strength of the corporate forces, and most importantly, overplays the willingness of various constituencies to break with the Democratic Party at this moment. (cpusa.org)
- Benn was widely seen as a key proponent of democratic socialism and Christian socialism . (wikipedia.org)
- In 2016, Bernie Sanders's campaign for the Democratic Party presidential nomination caused an earthquake across the spectrum of US politics. (isreview.org)
- Even the far left that viewed Sanders's "democratic socialism" and his. (isreview.org)
- Democratic Socialism Derangement Syndrome? (commondreams.org)
- James Thompson (left), who won the Democratic Party's primary in Kansas 4th Congressional District on Tuesday, appearing with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt. (commondreams.org)
- Democratic socialism offers a world to work toward that looks a hell of a lot better than the one we've been handed - and a moral roadmap for how to get there. (commondreams.org)
- At the New York Times, Bret Stephens says embracing democratic socialism is " Dem Doom . (commondreams.org)
- Whether suggesting democratic socialism is just for white men, that its policies are too radical for most Americans, that it will bankrupt the country, that it's a dangerous foreign concept, or that it will spell disaster for the Democratic Party, these critics consistently seem to miss the mark. (commondreams.org)
- Many of these organizers are people of color avidly fighting for democratic socialism - including policies like ending cash bail and abolishing ICE. (commondreams.org)
- An illustration of the growing divergence between the liberal and left wings of the Democratic Party: Amazon's head of global PR is Jay Carney, the former Obama White House press secretary. (nymag.com)
- Democratic socialism secured its first big victory. (nymag.com)
- Since the 2016 election, Svart is delighted to report, "tens of thousands of democratic socialists have come together to build a future for this country in which everyone has the right to a decent job, a good home, a free college education for their children, and health care for their family. (thenation.com)
- DSA got a big boost from the surge of interest in democratic socialism that grew from the Sanders campaign. (thenation.com)
- Rather than getting harmed for making an effort to explain how democratic socialism works in places like Denmark , Sanders benefited from the fact that he wasn't just another apologist for the capitalist experiment that has produced market instability, cruel austerity, and scorching income inequality. (thenation.com)
- The prospect of democratic socialism in the United States might seem radical to some, but it is important to remember that it's not a new one. (thenation.com)
- The NDP record contrasts with the successes of the left-wing Jeremy Corbyn, who handily won the leadership of the Labour Party in the UK following that party's electoral setback in 2014 under the moderate leader Ed Miliband, and the wildly popular campaign of Bernie Sanders in the United States for the Democratic Party presidential nomination. (counterpunch.org)
- In the 2016 polls, PNDS won 75 seats in the 171-seat legislature, while Amadou's Nigerien Democratic Movement for an African Federation (MODEN/FA) won 25 seats, and former prime minister Seini Oumarou's National Movement for a Developing Society (MNSD) took 20 seats. (freedomhouse.org)
- he analyses various cases of democratic decline around the world and proposes an ideal solution: only a union of left wing forces is capable of containing the capitalist system that, it its wildest version, has eroded the civil, human and political rights of the marginalised classes in the world over the years. (opendemocracy.net)
- Like many observers of the 2016 presidential election, you might feel some whiplash from the drastically different headlines about the Democratic race between Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton . (aol.com)
- A supporter sports a t-shirt with a montage of photographs of Senator Bernie Sanders, an independent from Vermont and 2016 Democratic presidential candidate, during a mock caucus at Drips coffee shop in Council Bluffs, Iowa, U.S., on Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2016. (aol.com)
- A supporter of Democratic Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders listens during a campaign event at the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls, Iowa, January 24, 2016, ahead of the Iowa Caucus. (aol.com)
- BIRMINGHAM, AL - JANUARY 18: Cassidy Lamb waves a sign before Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) arrives to a campaign rally at Boutwell Auditorium, January 18, 2016 in Birmingham, Alabama. (aol.com)
- Daniels was a guest at a campaign event for Democratic presidential candidate and U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) on January 10, 2016 in Marshalltown, Iowa. (aol.com)
- Both Republican and Democratic presidential candidates have been making appearances at events across Iowa to build support in advance of the 2016 Iowa Caucuses. (aol.com)
- A May 2016 Gallup poll, conducted after most of the Democratic primaries, found just that 35 percent of Americans viewed socialism favorably. (chicagotribune.com)
- A host of organizations (Indivisible, the Sunrise Movement, 350.org , People's Action, the Working Families Party, Black Lives Matter, the Justice Democrats, a revived Democratic Socialists of America) and new publications (Jacobin, the Intercept, Current Affairs) are doing what groups like SDS did in the '60s: elevating left-wing causes and promising dramatic societal change. (workersbushtelegraph.com.au)
- In 2016, Bernie Sanders - a socialist whose platform was well to the left of George McGovern's then-regarded-as-radical platform in 1972 - almost won the Democratic nomination. (workersbushtelegraph.com.au)
- So it's down to the Democratic establishment to destroy socialism as an ideal among youth. (nakedcapitalism.com)
- For a good part of the last one hundred years those who really are proponents of various forms of "democratic" socialism, interventionism, and welfare statism have twisted the meaning of liberalism. (fff.org)
- Now that capitalist democracies are facing seismic and systemic challenges, it becomes increasingly important to investigate not only the inherent antagonism between liberalism and the democratic process, but also socialism. (monthlyreview.org)
- In this context, a wave of left-leaning socio-political movements on behalf of indigenous rights, cocaleros, labor rights, women's rights, land rights and educational reform emerged to eventually provide momentum for the election of socialist leaders. (wikipedia.org)
- Why should we unquestioningly believe claims that Russia was attempting to throw the 2016 presidential election to Trump? (socialistworker.org)
- After leaving Parliament at the 2001 general election , Benn was President of the Stop the War Coalition until his death in 2014. (wikipedia.org)
- Election pearl-clutching is often related to fears that socialism endangers the wealth and power of America's elites. (commondreams.org)
- The 2016 election will prove critical to the future of America. (glennbeck.com)
- But in 2015, the party leadership opted to put 'balanced budget' dogma at the center of its election platform and was then outflanked on the left by the Liberals, who responded with a platform saying that economic times were difficult and if elected, it would run budget deficits in order to boost the national economy. (counterpunch.org)
- Most recently, the NDP was trounced by the right-wing, incumbent party in the April 4, 2016 election in Saskatchewan, and it lost government in the April 19 election in Manitoba after 16 years of rule. (counterpunch.org)
- In March 2019, the ruling Party for Democracy and Socialism (PNDS), selected Interior Minister Mohamed Bazoum as its presidential candidate in the 2020 election. (freedomhouse.org)
- However, the opposition, pointing to reports of widespread irregularities in the 2016 polls, among other issues, has cast doubt over the impartiality and capacity of the Independent National Electoral Commission (CENI), which with the Constitutional Court approves lists of candidates and validates election results. (freedomhouse.org)
- Althouse: "Britain's stunning vote to leave the European Union suggests that we've been seriously underestimating Donald Trump's ability to win the presidential election. (blogspot.com)
- The strong performance of the Freedom Party (FPÖ)'s candidate Norbert Hofer in the 2016 Austrian presidential election is one of the most recent examples. (lse.ac.uk)
- The 2016 presidential election cycle has only magnified this pattern. (fff.org)
- They are Islam, international socialism, and nationalism. (blogspot.com)
Term in 20162
- This past March, when Barbara Mikulski, the longest-serving woman in United States Senate history, unexpectedly announced that she would not be seeking a sixth term in 2016, national progressive groups quickly threw their weight behind their dream candidate: Donna Edwards. (cc-ds.org)
- President Mahamadou Issoufou was reelected for a second term in 2016. (freedomhouse.org)
Viewed socialism favorably1
- But among voters 65 and older, just 15 percent viewed socialism favorably, to 70 percent unfavorably. (nakedcapitalism.com)
- EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Ivanka Trump: "Under the Trump plan, the federal government will guarantee six weeks of paid maternity leave. (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Finally, under the Trump plan, the federal government will guarantee, for the first time, six weeks of paid maternity leave. (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Republican presidential hopeful Donald J. Trump holds Tristan Murphy, 1, following a campaign event with his daughter, Ivanka, at the Aston Township Community Center on September 13, 2016 in Aston, Pennsylvania. (glennbeck.com)
- Now Three Years into the Reign of Trump, What's Left? (dissidentvoice.org)
- Trump advocated for leaving. (blogspot.com)
- The Johnson Amendment has blocked our pastors and ministers and others from speaking their minds from their own pulpits," Trump told the 2016 Values Voters summit as he stumped for their support . (truthout.org)
- At the onset of our dialogue with Clinton votes and Trump votes-or at least voters who understand where some Trump voters are coming from-reader Ben diagnosed what he sees as a shortcoming of the left right now: an over-willingness to stigmatize people as bigots for what may just be misplaced or simply misunderstood views, rather than active hatred. (theatlantic.com)
- Meanwhile, social spending is still falling, and family consumption is expected to decline 2.8 percent in 2016 and 7.5 percent in 2017. (internationalviewpoint.org)
- Costas Lapavitsas's The Left Case Against the EU (Polity, 2019) is recognized as the leading work advocating Lexit, the left-wing case for Brexit, and for nations leaving the European Union more generally. (monthlyreview.org)
- Socialism of the 21st century (Spanish: socialismo del siglo XXI) is an interpretation of socialist principles first advocated by German sociologist and political analyst Heinz Dieterich and taken up by a number of Latin American leaders. (wikipedia.org)
- Because of the local unique historical conditions, socialism of the 21st century is often contrasted with previous applications of socialism in other countries, with a major difference being the effort towards a more decentralised and participatory planning process. (wikipedia.org)
- Socialism of the 21st century draws on indigenous traditions of communal governance and previous Latin America socialist and communist movements, including those of Salvador Allende, Fidel Castro, Che Guevara, the Zapatista Army of National Liberation and the Sandinista National Liberation Front. (wikipedia.org)
- The model of socialism of the 21st century encourages economic and political integration among nations in Latin America and the Caribbean. (wikipedia.org)
- The Andean countries in Latin America have been at the centre of attempts to form anti-neoliberal political alliances and put on the agenda a 21st century socialism. (socialistproject.ca)
- Here, we reprint the interview, which also appeared at the revolutionary socialism in the 21st century website . (socialistworker.org)
- Three of these groups - the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, Democracy for America and Blue America - sent out a blizzard of fund-raising solicitations, petitions and emails to members and to the media, one of which hailed Edwards as "a true Elizabeth Warren Democrat," referring to the U.S. senator from Massachusetts whose confrontational stances on economic issues have galvanized the left. (cc-ds.org)
- When the "pink tide" of left-leaning governments first rose to power on the back of anti-neoliberal protests across Latin America in the late 1990s and early 2000s, the initial reaction from the Left was euphoric. (jacobinmag.com)
- The youth of the DSA's new membership has infused it with humor, irony and a dizzy confidence - much of it inspired by left-wing parties in Europe and South America. (chicagotribune.com)
- The larger question is not about me, or the political left that hopes to silence people like me, but about America and its young. (gopusa.com)
- Following the collapse of the communism in Europe during the 1990s, belief in public ownership collapsed, resulting in the fall of the Communist Party of Australia and the shift of Labor Left towards non-socialist ideologies. (wikipedia.org)
- This section of Discover The Networks examines the worldview and objectives of communism and socialism. (discoverthenetworks.org)
- Push that idea far enough so that labor takes predominance and one lands somewhere in socialism or communism or some such -ism. (scholarsandrogues.com)
- The Democrat Party represents socialism or maybe even communism, and if Joe Biden is the best version of what they have to put forward and he's considered moderate, this is already over. (rushlimbaugh.com)
- This is Part 1 of an article by John Bachtell, chair of the Communist Party, on Left strategy and the 2016 elections. (peoplesworld.org)
- This article was posted on Monday, January 18th, 2016 at 7:16pm and is filed under Cartoon , Death Penalty , Human Rights , Saudi Arabia , United Nations . (dissidentvoice.org)
- Social change, as it was understood in the 20th century, appears now to be as impossible as revolution, leaving the left to rethink the relationship between capitalist crises, as well as the conceptual tension between revolution and reform. (monthlyreview.org)
- However, some on the left insist that, while the social question and the working class position were thwarted by the alternatives offered (neoliberalism or nationalism), in the new post-Brexit context, they will again reach center stage. (socialistworker.org)
- In light of current Conservative British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's commitment to exit the European Union by October 31, even if it means a no-deal Brexit, the role of the left takes on growing importance. (monthlyreview.org)
- Specifically in relation to Brexit-the United Kingdom leaving the EU-he argues that to "leave could potentially open the door to nationalisation, public banking, a transformative industrial policy, income and wealth redistribution and the lifting of austerity. (monthlyreview.org)
- R allies protesting against the Brexit vote have been held in London and Edinburgh by anti-racism campaigners and left-wing demonstrators. (telegraph.co.uk)
- But then came Bernie Sanders's 2016 candidacy, then the membership boom of DSA, then the proliferation of socialist cultural products like Chapo, and then, finally, the spectacular rise of Ocasio-Cortez. (nymag.com)
- As someone who believes there is an autism epidemic and that excessive vaccination is the cause (see Bernie Rimland), I was sorry to see Rand Paul leave the presidential race this week. (ageofautism.com)
- In a review of Henwood's book that appeared in the February 2016 Platypus Review , Gregor Baszak takes the critique to another level, trying to strike down not only Hillary, but Bernie Sanders too. (peoplesworld.org)
- But the most left-wing candidate is an old, white, heterosexual man [Bernie Sanders] and I want him to win… I'm a Bernie bro. (spiked-online.com)
- I was a Bernie bro in 2016 and I am now. (spiked-online.com)
- Hoping to persuade undecided Democrats with just a week until the Iowa caucuses, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders took on some of the questions that have most dogged their candidacies, from trustworthiness and e-mails to feasibility and socialism. (aol.com)
- He is wearing a yarmulke printed with the phrase, 'Bernie Sanders 2016,' in Hebrew. (aol.com)
- BURLINGTON, VT - JANUARY 07: A Bernie Sanders supporter holds up a pair of 'Bernie Briefs' in a local bar on January 7, 2016 in Burlington, Vermont. (aol.com)
- Liberal socialism has been compared to post-war social democracy as it supports a mixed economy that includes both private property and social ownership in capital goods. (wikipedia.org)
- For Ian Adams, post-war social democracy and socialist New Labour are examples of liberal socialism, in contrast to classical socialism. (wikipedia.org)
- Mill rejected centralised models of socialism that he thought might discourage competition and creativity, but he argued that representation is essential in a free government and democracy could not subsist if economic opportunities were not well distributed, therefore conceiving democracy not just as form of representative government, but as an entire social organisation. (wikipedia.org)
- She describes liberal socialism as follows: To deepen and enrich the pluralist conquests of liberal democracy, the articulation between political liberalism and individualism must be broken, to make possible a new approach to individuality that restores its social nature without reducing it to a simple component of an organic whole. (wikipedia.org)
- According to Dieterich, this form of socialism is revolutionary in that the existing society is altered to be qualitatively different, but the process itself should be gradual and non-violent, instead utilising participatory democracy to secure power, education, scientific knowledge about society and international cooperation. (wikipedia.org)
- That's why the Left, for all its mantra of "democracy, democracy", fears the Religious Right and needs combat it through the courts instead of the ballot box. (conservapedia.com)
- The secular Left is so unpopular and so numerically insignificant that it can't even win in the strictly limited democracy of the American political system and so is forced to have its "democracy" at a third remove, by unelected judges. (conservapedia.com)
- Social democracy without social democrats: how can the left recover? (canadiandimension.com)
- In March, the ruling Party for Democracy and Socialism (PNDS) selected Interior Minister Mohamed Bazoum to run as its presidential candidate in the 2020 elections. (freedomhouse.org)
- What Francis Fukuyama called the 'end of history' after the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, in other words, the end of the fight between the ideologies of the left and the right in the post-Cold War world, and the triumph of liberal democracy as the only political path, lost its relevance thirty years later. (opendemocracy.net)
- Left organizations have argued, often very persuasively, that participation legitimates the myth of democracy and pluralism and demoralizes socialists who necessarily become disillusioned with socialism in one city (or state). (feedreader.com)
- Is socialism an enemy of democracy? (monthlyreview.org)
- Could socialism develop, expand, even enhance democracy? (monthlyreview.org)
- Gottwald, Speech to the Central Committee of the left-wing Communist Party, October 1946). (anthonyflood.com)
- Former FBI director James Comey warns Democrats not to " lose your minds and rush to the socialist left . (commondreams.org)
- Conservative and center-right columnists often have to do far more digging than their liberal counterparts, simply because overwhelmingly left-leaning beat journalists, aka " Democrats with bylines ," provide such unbalanced reporting on current events on a daily basis. (wordpress.com)
- What is really required, according to Baszak, is that "the Left must be kept very far away from the Democrats. (peoplesworld.org)
- No. 3 House GOP leader Liz Cheney of Wyoming said the four Democrats "are wrong when they attempt to impose the fraud of socialism on the American people. (pbs.org)
- That's what they think socialism is, and they're all for it - and Democrats are banking on the fact that it's a winner. (rushlimbaugh.com)
- The left-wing governments which together comprised the pink tide - including Venezuela, Bolivia, Ecuador, and to a less radical extent Brazil and Argentina - first achieved electoral victory on the back of widespread popular discontent about the effects of neoliberalism. (jacobinmag.com)
- In recent days, the rise in violent extremism and radical jihad around the world has also left China grappling with its own terrorist incidents, including a knife attack at the Kunming train station in 2014, another attack on a coal mine in Aksu in 2015, and a car bombing at the Chinese Embassy in Kyrgyzstan this fall. (foreignpolicy.com)
- It will build the profile of Scotland s socialist party and rally the country s radical left under one banner. (internationalviewpoint.org)
- I'd like to suggest a broader strategy for the 2016 elections and how it might connect to longer term prospects for radical change. (peoplesworld.org)
- They were active in the broad pro-independence Yes Scotland platform, the Radical Independence Campaign that grouped together non-affiliated left activists as well as Greens and SSPers, and the inspirational Women for Independence movement. (greenleft.org.au)
- T he march was announced on the Revolutionary Socialism Facebook page and supported by an array of groups including Right to Remain, Radical Assembly and the English collective of prostitutes. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Gallup found in April 2016 that whereas Hillary Clinton had a net favorability rating of -23 among 18-24-year-olds, Sanders's score was +39. (studentsforliberty.org)
- Polly Toynbee in the 'liberal' Guardian vented her rage against the "uneducated" leave voters who massively rejected austerity. (socialistparty.org.uk)
- A more likely outcome is that, like 1945-2015, the nationalism/globalism question is effectively settled and voters split along familiar left-right issues. (marginalrevolution.com)
- Millennials, who overwhelmingly wanted to remain in the E.U., did not turn out at the same rate as older voters, who wanted to leave. (blogspot.com)
- Polarization scholars hold these uninformed voters in the highest esteem because they look the most centrist on a left-right spectrum. (coyoteblog.com)
- According to a May 2015 YouGov poll, conducted just before Sanders launched his campaign, a plurality of voters aged 18 to 29 had a favorable view of socialism. (nakedcapitalism.com)
- The population, by a slim margin, voted Leave, but the overwhelming preference of the establishment--CEOs, senior civil servants, parliamentarians and so on --was for Remain, and they staff the institutions that will shape and implement the decision. (socialistworker.org)
- The victory for the leave camp in the referendum has already had massive repercussions for the future of Britain and, particularly, for the labour movement here as well as in Europe. (socialistparty.org.uk)
- When the Labour Party was in opposition through the 1980s, he emerged as a prominent figure on the left wing of the party and unsuccessfully challenged Neil Kinnock for the Labour leadership in 1988. (wikipedia.org)
- What has happened to the British labour movement and what does it mean for the left in the unions? (isj.org.uk)
- As Marcus Bennett, an organizer for Britain's left-wing Labour Party, stood up to address the DSA's biggest-ever convention Saturday, scores of the nearly 700 delegates stood up and belted out the name of the party's unapologetic leftist leader. (chicagotribune.com)
- Political historian Geoff Robinson describes the contemporary left as a "movement of parties and electoral campaigning . (wikipedia.org)
- Liberal socialism is a political philosophy that incorporates liberal principles to socialism. (wikipedia.org)
- As is typical of socialism, more money does not buy you more or better services, but political influence often does. (tulsatoday.com)
- This hunger for a more egalitarian political system is translating into support for a constellation of left-wing ideas, real electoral gains and the rapid growth of the DSA as a vehicle advancing these policies and candidates. (commondreams.org)
- The Movement for Socialism-Political Instrument for the Sovereignty of the Peoples ( Movimiento al Socialismo ), or MAS, was founded in 1998 under the leadership of Evo Morales, in good part growing out of and as part of these struggles. (socialistproject.ca)
- A hunger strike was initiated that swelled to include more than 600 political and social leaders, including the governor, some local deputies aligned with Morales' Movement Toward Socialism (MAS) and 20 sex-workers. (socialistproject.ca)
- I'm not entirely sure what kind of political philosophy this behavior illustrates, but it does seem to suggest Millennials embraced the Affordable Care Act, legislation most people believe moved health care in this country solidly to the left. (studentsforliberty.org)
- The left/right paradigm has not (yet) been replaced by a nationalism/globalism political dynamic. (marginalrevolution.com)
- #226 Get Socialism Done ● Special US section edited by Joe Guinan and Sarah McKinley ● A post-austerity state ● Political theatre ● Racism in football ● A new transatlantic left? (redpepper.org.uk)
- A large part of the problem is the left-right political spectrum with which we are saddled. (coyoteblog.com)
- For some reason non-Marxists have been fooled into adopting this spectrum, leaving us with the bizarre scale where our political choices are said to lie on a spectrum with totalitarianism on one end and totalitarianism on the other end -- truly an authoritarians "heads I win, tails you lose" setup. (coyoteblog.com)
- Postscript: This is part of a long history of the Left trying to define political terms in their favor. (coyoteblog.com)
- The political left obviously hopes that it can score political points by pitching some Americans against others with a campaign based on income inequality and class warfare taxation . (wordpress.com)
- DSA, founded in 1982 to create a political foothold for Marxists, has transformed into an ambitious left-wing force. (chicagotribune.com)
- It explored the connections between soft-on-crime prosecutors and increases in violence along with the political donations of left-wing billionaire George Soros, who in several states has funded liberal candidates for prosecutor, including Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx. (gopusa.com)
- Founded in 1996 by former Labor MP Graeme Campbell, AFP is a registered political party and in 2016 the AEC also confirmed the Eureka flag as its official logo . (anarchobase.com)
- In August 2016, Politico outlined Soros' money supporting local DA races and included the view from opponents and skeptics that if successful, these candidates would make communities "less safe. (gopusa.com)
- Black Lives Matter movement refuses to endorse any 2016 presidential candidate" [ Guardian ]. (nakedcapitalism.com)
- Independent of what side one might have taken in the Clinton-Sanders competition, it should be clear to all that a lot is at stake in the outcome of the 2016 elections for the American people. (cpusa.org)
- Although the group endorsed him, Sanders, whose campaign and lasting popularity changed public perceptions of socialism, has not been closely involved with the newly booming DSA. (chicagotribune.com)
- Sanders used his role as the senator of Vermont to do just that, when he introduced a bill in November that would decriminalize marijuana possession on the federal level, and leave it up to the states about whether or not to legalize medical and/or recreational marijuana. (democraticunderground.com)
- Liberal socialism has been particularly prominent in British and Italian politics. (wikipedia.org)
- During the National Autonomist Party governments, liberal socialism emerged in Argentina's politics as opposed to the Julio Argentino Roca's ruling conservative liberalism, albeit president Domingo Faustino Sarmiento had previously implemented an agenda influenced by John Stuart Mill writings. (wikipedia.org)
- The term "Bennite" came into usage as someone associated with left-wing politics . (wikipedia.org)
- The countless African Americans who participated in civil rights protests and street rebellions in the 1960s didn't leave their politics at the door when they entered the workplace. (isreview.org)
- Then on August 14, a string of progressive insurgents - including Ilhan Omar, Jahana Hayes, Randy Bryce and Christine Hallquist - clinched victories, leading to a new round of media takes announcing the " resurgence " of left politics. (commondreams.org)
- This has been crucial for building an anti-neoliberal politics, new ideological space for socialism and a counter to American imperialism. (socialistproject.ca)
- The politics of the socialism that they helped revive isn't always clear. (nymag.com)
- Gareth Dale , a professor of politics at Brunel University, was interviewed in early July by the left-wing Romanian-based website CriticAtac about the significance of the UK referendum vote to leave the European Union (EU)--for Britain, for the rest of Europe, for the left and for the rights of immigrants. (socialistworker.org)
- This was combined with debate over how left and socialist politics could be strengthened within the broader pro-independence camp. (greenleft.org.au)
- Frost is a co-host of the hugely successful Chapo Trap House , which offers a funny, irony-laden and often downright vulgar take on contemporary politics from the left. (spiked-online.com)
- When women enter the male realm whether law, politics, or a construction site, they find themselves in a repugnant world in which their only means of survival is by undergoing a fundamental transformation leaving them with little opportunity to make any change. (leftfootforward.org)
- The left doesn't like my politics. (gopusa.com)
- Nonetheless, it is insufficient to invoke imperialism to explain the crisis facing the Latin American left. (jacobinmag.com)
- To understand the current crisis, the Left must also look inwards. (jacobinmag.com)
- The crisis of the left around the world has opened up a vacuum for extreme right movements to gain traction and threaten our democracies. (opendemocracy.net)
- The left is in crisis across the West. (spiked-online.com)
- Fidel Castro left Cuba , Michael Moore's "socialist healthcare paradise", for a private hospital in Spain when he needed life-sustaining surgery. (tulsatoday.com)
- In July 2016, thanks to a 20 percent reduction in oil shipments from Venezuela, Cuba s economy minister Marino Murillo announced a 6 percent cut in electricity and a 28 percent cut in fuel. (internationalviewpoint.org)
- In a radio debate several months ago with a Marxist professor from the University of Minnesota, I pointed out the obvious failures of socialism around the world in Cuba, Eastern Europe, and China. (cfact.org)
- Ironically, they are not in opposition to the religious left and don't challenge their religion yet do attack the right wing over religion. (conservapedia.com)
- Previously, when opposition forces had attempted to overthrow left-wing governments through coups d'état in Venezuela in 2002, Bolivia in 2008, and Ecuador in 2010, popular support for these governments was sufficient to resist pressure from the Right. (jacobinmag.com)
- Liberal socialism is a type of socialism that has been most prominent in the post-war period. (wikipedia.org)
- However, those two forms of liberal socialism are based on two different economic theories, namely Keynesianism and supply side, respectively. (wikipedia.org)
- According to Ian Hunt, liberal socialism is an alternative social ideal grounded in both socialist Karl Marx and liberal John Rawls. (wikipedia.org)
- Chantal Mouffe is a prominent Belgian advocate of liberal socialism. (wikipedia.org)
- The SSP look forward to being at the heart of the alliance hoping socialists may be elected to Holyrood in 2016. (internationalviewpoint.org)
- Since then, the balance of power has slowly shifted back towards the Right, with the popularity and efficacy of left-wing governments rapidly diminishing. (jacobinmag.com)
- Recent scenes of roadblocks, strikes and even the dynamiting of a vice-minister's home in the Bolivian department (administrative district) of Potosi, reminiscent of the days of previous neoliberal governments, have left many asking themselves what is really going on in the "new" Bolivia of indigenous President Evo Morales. (socialistproject.ca)
- Social spending helped to ease protest but discontent has expanded under the centre-left governments. (socialistproject.ca)
- But the pre-eminence of extractivism does not make all governments the same or convert the centre-left administrations into repressive regimes. (socialistproject.ca)
- Knowing the deal would fail, and not wanting to repeat the mistakes of Copenhagen, mobilisations around COP21 were a vehicle for movement-building rather than influencing a broken process, to come out stronger, broader and bigger, ready for mass escalation in 2016. (redpepper.org.uk)
- This volume also addresses the historical transition from right-wing nationalism to ethnicism, the question of resurgent fascism, and how left parties should respond to challenges from the far right. (monthlyreview.org)
- But reports from the Left Bloc conference in Portugal, held immediately after the result, showed that representatives of the workers' movement in Greece, France and Spain have been given a boost by the British referendum outcome. (socialistparty.org.uk)
- However, it is the contrast between the provocations launched upon the working population in recent years, and particularly the poorest workers and their families, and the relative quietude of the trade union movement that presents the left with such a problem of practical orientation and such a conundrum to explain. (isj.org.uk)
- For nearly a decade now, arguably dating to the Occupy movement of 2011, a new generation of left-wing activism has been stirring. (workersbushtelegraph.com.au)
- Socialism is AOC's calling card, Trump's latest rhetorical bludgeon, and a new way to date in Brooklyn. (nymag.com)
- Even those on the fringe of the distant Left who might extol its desirability will admit of that. (quadrant.org.au)
- shows off buttons during a campaign rally at Bedford High School in Bedford, N.H., January 22, 2016. (aol.com)
- listen to him speak during a campaign rally at Bedford High School in Bedford, N.H., January 22, 2016. (aol.com)
- The following speech was delivered by Julie Hyland, assistant national secretary of the Socialist Equality Party (UK), to the International May Day Online Rally held on May 1, 2016. (wsws.org)
- But in the perfervidly race-conscious environment of Left-dominated American education today, normal adolescent aloofness will be characterized as racism. (blogspot.com)
- January 28, 2016 in racism . (lifeliberty.blog)
- We also hope that the casual nature of his open racism toward people of pallor will finally become socially unacceptable in 2016. (lifeliberty.blog)
- Because everything we see involving reporting on the left, their own commentary, everything would tend to believe that particularly young people are a rising tide of socialist-preferring people, who may not even know what it is, but it doesn't matter. (rushlimbaugh.com)
- Eighteen months later and as 2016 draws to a close, I thought it appropriate to update it. (anarchobase.com)
- We drew our red lines in Paris, and marked the targets for 2016. (redpepper.org.uk)
- As a Therapy and head at Northwestern University, Ipatieff had the socialism of active Socialism, which as stated the Allies during World War II. (anthonyflood.com)
- Without in any way prettifying all the forces involved on the leave side, the results of the referendum represent a major uprising of ordinary working-class people against the ruling elite. (socialistparty.org.uk)
- While we remain committed to building the SSP, we recognise that in order to maximise the chances of getting socialist representation in Holyrood we need to play a key role with others on the left, including the sizeable number of people who remain non-aligned. (internationalviewpoint.org)
- The battles of miners in the 1980s, the coca farmers from the 1990s on, the water wars in Cochabamba from 2000, the struggles of the indigenous communities for sovereignty and control over resources, across decades, and the confrontations with the ruling classes in Santa Cruz, have all inspired the Left outside Bolivia. (socialistproject.ca)
- At the core of Lapavitsas's case for leaving the EU is the potential it unlocks for the reclaiming of sovereignty. (monthlyreview.org)
- In 2016, working days lost to strikes was just 322,000, a tiny fraction of the 29 million in 1979 and the all-time high of 162 million in 1926, the year of the General Strike. (isj.org.uk)
- It's about time we have paid medical leave! (glennbeck.com)
- Not unlike how I saw the modern libertarian would have a hard time staking out a platform of leaving everyone alone as much as possible. (coyoteblog.com)
- But in reality, Cooper's tendency to lean left has been apparent for quite some time. (thedenverchannel.com)
- At the time, many on the new left thought a revolution was imminent. (workersbushtelegraph.com.au)
- By the time I saw Hayden speak in 1969, Nixon had been elected, in part because of a backlash to the new left. (workersbushtelegraph.com.au)
- No, the radicalism of which I speak is the arms-length agreement between corporations and far-Left activists on the need to subvert deeply ingrained human loyalties, most of all those related to national identity. (thesocialcontract.com)
- Will today's new left stumble down the path of my generation's left, growing largely irrelevant and then, eventually, disappearing from sight? (workersbushtelegraph.com.au)
- Socialism is the Big Lie of the twentieth century. (cfact.org)
- But he said he disagreed that the four lawmakers should leave the U.S., telling reporters, "They're Americans. (pbs.org)