A curved elevation of GRAY MATTER extending the entire length of the floor of the TEMPORAL HORN of the LATERAL VENTRICLE (see also TEMPORAL LOBE). The hippocampus proper, subiculum, and DENTATE GYRUS constitute the hippocampal formation. Sometimes authors include the ENTORHINAL CORTEX in the hippocampal formation.
Pathologic partial or complete loss of the ability to recall past experiences (AMNESIA, RETROGRADE) or to form new memories (AMNESIA, ANTEROGRADE). This condition may be of organic or psychologic origin. Organic forms of amnesia are usually associated with dysfunction of the DIENCEPHALON or HIPPOCAMPUS. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp426-7)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Analysis of Variance
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
The rostral part of the frontal lobe, bounded by the inferior precentral fissure in humans, which receives projection fibers from the MEDIODORSAL NUCLEUS OF THE THALAMUS. The prefrontal cortex receives afferent fibers from numerous structures of the DIENCEPHALON; MESENCEPHALON; and LIMBIC SYSTEM as well as cortical afferents of visual, auditory, and somatic origin.
Loss of the ability to recall information that had been previously encoded in memory prior to a specified or approximate point in time. This process may be organic or psychogenic in origin. Organic forms may be associated with CRANIOCEREBRAL TRAUMA; CEREBROVASCULAR ACCIDENTS; SEIZURES; DEMENTIA; and a wide variety of other conditions that impair cerebral function. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp426-9)
A critical subpopulation of T-lymphocytes involved in the induction of most immunological functions. The HIV virus has selective tropism for the T4 cell which expresses the CD4 phenotypic marker, a receptor for HIV. In fact, the key element in the profound immunosuppression seen in HIV infection is the depletion of this subset of T-lymphocytes.
Pattern Recognition, Visual
Autobiography as Topic
A set of cognitive functions that controls complex, goal-directed thought and behavior. Executive function involves multiple domains, such as CONCEPT FORMATION, goal management, cognitive flexibility, INHIBITION control, and WORKING MEMORY. Impaired executive function is seen in a range of disorders, e.g., SCHIZOPHRENIA; and ADHD.
Morphologic alteration of small B LYMPHOCYTES or T LYMPHOCYTES in culture into large blast-like cells able to synthesize DNA and RNA and to divide mitotically. It is induced by INTERLEUKINS; MITOGENS such as PHYTOHEMAGGLUTININS, and by specific ANTIGENS. It may also occur in vivo as in GRAFT REJECTION.
An outbred strain of rats developed in 1915 by crossing several Wistar Institute white females with a wild gray male. Inbred strains have been derived from this original outbred strain, including Long-Evans cinnamon rats (RATS, INBRED LEC) and Otsuka-Long-Evans-Tokushima Fatty rats (RATS, INBRED OLETF), which are models for Wilson's disease and non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus, respectively.
Conditions characterized by a significant discrepancy between an individual's perceived level of intellect and their ability to acquire new language and other cognitive skills. These disorders may result from organic or psychological conditions. Relatively common subtypes include DYSLEXIA, DYSCALCULIA, and DYSGRAPHIA.
Loss of the ability to form new memories beyond a certain point in time. This condition may be organic or psychogenic in origin. Organically induced anterograde amnesia may follow CRANIOCEREBRAL TRAUMA; SEIZURES; ANOXIA; and other conditions which adversely affect neural structures associated with memory formation (e.g., the HIPPOCAMPUS; FORNIX (BRAIN); MAMMILLARY BODIES; and ANTERIOR THALAMIC NUCLEI). (From Memory 1997 Jan-Mar;5(1-2):49-71)
An alkaloid from SOLANACEAE, especially DATURA and SCOPOLIA. Scopolamine and its quaternary derivatives act as antimuscarinics like ATROPINE, but may have more central nervous system effects. Among the many uses are as an anesthetic premedication, in URINARY INCONTINENCE, in MOTION SICKNESS, as an antispasmodic, and as a mydriatic and cycloplegic.
A degenerative disease of the BRAIN characterized by the insidious onset of DEMENTIA. Impairment of MEMORY, judgment, attention span, and problem solving skills are followed by severe APRAXIAS and a global loss of cognitive abilities. The condition primarily occurs after age 60, and is marked pathologically by severe cortical atrophy and the triad of SENILE PLAQUES; NEUROFIBRILLARY TANGLES; and NEUROPIL THREADS. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1049-57)
A member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily found on most T-LYMPHOCYTES. Activation of the receptor by CD70 ANTIGEN results in the increased proliferation of CD4-POSITIVE T-LYMPHOCYTES and CD8-POSITIVE T-LYMPHOCYTES. Signaling by the activated receptor occurs through its association with TNF RECEPTOR-ASSOCIATED FACTORS.
A meshlike structure composed of interconnecting nerve cells that are separated at the synaptic junction or joined to one another by cytoplasmic processes. In invertebrates, for example, the nerve net allows nerve impulses to spread over a wide area of the net because synapses can pass information in any direction.
Task Performance and Analysis
Image Processing, Computer-Assisted
Strains of mice in which certain GENES of their GENOMES have been disrupted, or "knocked-out". To produce knockouts, using RECOMBINANT DNA technology, the normal DNA sequence of the gene being studied is altered to prevent synthesis of a normal gene product. Cloned cells in which this DNA alteration is successful are then injected into mouse EMBRYOS to produce chimeric mice. The chimeric mice are then bred to yield a strain in which all the cells of the mouse contain the disrupted gene. Knockout mice are used as EXPERIMENTAL ANIMAL MODELS for diseases (DISEASE MODELS, ANIMAL) and to clarify the functions of the genes.
High-molecular weight glycoproteins uniquely expressed on the surface of LEUKOCYTES and their hemopoietic progenitors. They contain a cytoplasmic protein tyrosine phosphatase activity which plays a role in intracellular signaling from the CELL SURFACE RECEPTORS. The CD45 antigens occur as multiple isoforms that result from alternative mRNA splicing and differential usage of three exons.
Specialized junctions at which a neuron communicates with a target cell. At classical synapses, a neuron's presynaptic terminal releases a chemical transmitter stored in synaptic vesicles which diffuses across a narrow synaptic cleft and activates receptors on the postsynaptic membrane of the target cell. The target may be a dendrite, cell body, or axon of another neuron, or a specialized region of a muscle or secretory cell. Neurons may also communicate via direct electrical coupling with ELECTRICAL SYNAPSES. Several other non-synaptic chemical or electric signal transmitting processes occur via extracellular mediated interactions.
CA1 Region, Hippocampal
Lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus
The type species of ARENAVIRUS, part of the Old World Arenaviruses (ARENAVIRUSES, OLD WORLD), producing a silent infection in house and laboratory mice. In humans, infection with LCMV can be inapparent, or can present with an influenza-like illness, a benign aseptic meningitis, or a severe meningoencephalomyelitis. The virus can also infect monkeys, dogs, field mice, guinea pigs, and hamsters, the latter an epidemiologically important host.
A class of ionotropic glutamate receptors characterized by affinity for N-methyl-D-aspartate. NMDA receptors have an allosteric binding site for glycine which must be occupied for the channel to open efficiently and a site within the channel itself to which magnesium ions bind in a voltage-dependent manner. The positive voltage dependence of channel conductance and the high permeability of the conducting channel to calcium ions (as well as to monovalent cations) are important in excitotoxicity and neuronal plasticity.
Electrical responses recorded from nerve, muscle, SENSORY RECEPTOR, or area of the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM following stimulation. They range from less than a microvolt to several microvolts. The evoked potential can be auditory (EVOKED POTENTIALS, AUDITORY), somatosensory (EVOKED POTENTIALS, SOMATOSENSORY), visual (EVOKED POTENTIALS, VISUAL), or motor (EVOKED POTENTIALS, MOTOR), or other modalities that have been reported.
Technique using an instrument system for making, processing, and displaying one or more measurements on individual cells obtained from a cell suspension. Cells are usually stained with one or more fluorescent dyes specific to cell components of interest, e.g., DNA, and fluorescence of each cell is measured as it rapidly transverses the excitation beam (laser or mercury arc lamp). Fluorescence provides a quantitative measure of various biochemical and biophysical properties of the cell, as well as a basis for cell sorting. Other measurable optical parameters include light absorption and light scattering, the latter being applicable to the measurement of cell size, shape, density, granularity, and stain uptake.
Lymphocytes responsible for cell-mediated immunity. Two types have been identified - cytotoxic (T-LYMPHOCYTES, CYTOTOXIC) and helper T-lymphocytes (T-LYMPHOCYTES, HELPER-INDUCER). They are formed when lymphocytes circulate through the THYMUS GLAND and differentiate to thymocytes. When exposed to an antigen, they divide rapidly and produce large numbers of new T cells sensitized to that antigen.
Word Association Tests
Disease Models, Animal
CA3 Region, Hippocampal
Computer Storage Devices
GRAY MATTER situated above the GYRUS HIPPOCAMPI. It is composed of three layers. The molecular layer is continuous with the HIPPOCAMPUS in the hippocampal fissure. The granular layer consists of closely arranged spherical or oval neurons, called GRANULE CELLS, whose AXONS pass through the polymorphic layer ending on the DENDRITES of PYRAMIDAL CELLS in the hippocampus.
An acquired organic mental disorder with loss of intellectual abilities of sufficient severity to interfere with social or occupational functioning. The dysfunction is multifaceted and involves memory, behavior, personality, judgment, attention, spatial relations, language, abstract thought, and other executive functions. The intellectual decline is usually progressive, and initially spares the level of consciousness.
The major interferon produced by mitogenically or antigenically stimulated LYMPHOCYTES. It is structurally different from TYPE I INTERFERON and its major activity is immunoregulation. It has been implicated in the expression of CLASS II HISTOCOMPATIBILITY ANTIGENS in cells that do not normally produce them, leading to AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES.
The communication from a NEURON to a target (neuron, muscle, or secretory cell) across a SYNAPSE. In chemical synaptic transmission, the presynaptic neuron releases a NEUROTRANSMITTER that diffuses across the synaptic cleft and binds to specific synaptic receptors, activating them. The activated receptors modulate specific ion channels and/or second-messenger systems in the postsynaptic cell. In electrical synaptic transmission, electrical signals are communicated as an ionic current flow across ELECTRICAL SYNAPSES.
Epilepsy, Temporal Lobe
A localization-related (focal) form of epilepsy characterized by recurrent seizures that arise from foci within the temporal lobe, most commonly from its mesial aspect. A wide variety of psychic phenomena may be associated, including illusions, hallucinations, dyscognitive states, and affective experiences. The majority of complex partial seizures (see EPILEPSY, COMPLEX PARTIAL) originate from the temporal lobes. Temporal lobe seizures may be classified by etiology as cryptogenic, familial, or symptomatic (i.e., related to an identified disease process or lesion). (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p321)
A form of meningitis caused by LYMPHOCYTIC CHORIOMENINGITIS VIRUS. MICE and other rodents serve as the natural hosts, and infection in humans usually occurs through inhalation or ingestion of infectious particles. Clinical manifestations include an influenza-like syndrome followed by stiff neck, alterations of mentation, ATAXIA, and incontinence. Maternal infections may result in fetal malformations and injury, including neonatal HYDROCEPHALUS, aqueductal stenosis, CHORIORETINITIS, and MICROCEPHALY. (From Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1996, Ch26, pp1-3)
Mild Cognitive Impairment
Protein Synthesis Inhibitors
Compounds which inhibit the synthesis of proteins. They are usually ANTI-BACTERIAL AGENTS or toxins. Mechanism of the action of inhibition includes the interruption of peptide-chain elongation, the blocking the A site of ribosomes, the misreading of the genetic code or the prevention of the attachment of oligosaccharide side chains to glycoproteins.
Anterior Temporal Lobectomy
A neurosurgical procedure that removes the anterior TEMPORAL LOBE including the medial temporal structures of CEREBRAL CORTEX; AMYGDALA; HIPPOCAMPUS; and the adjacent PARAHIPPOCAMPAL GYRUS. This procedure is generally used for the treatment of intractable temporal epilepsy (EPILEPSY, TEMPORAL LOBE).
Heavily myelinated fiber bundle of the TELENCEPHALON projecting from the hippocampal formation to the HYPOTHALAMUS. Some authorities consider the fornix part of the LIMBIC SYSTEM. The fimbria starts as a flattened band of axons arising from the subiculum and HIPPOCAMPUS, which then thickens to form the fornix.
Basal Nucleus of Meynert
An acquired cognitive disorder characterized by inattentiveness and the inability to form short term memories. This disorder is frequently associated with chronic ALCOHOLISM; but it may also result from dietary deficiencies; CRANIOCEREBRAL TRAUMA; NEOPLASMS; CEREBROVASCULAR DISORDERS; ENCEPHALITIS; EPILEPSY; and other conditions. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1139)
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Economy of Idaho
Boise is the home of Micron Technology, the only U.S. manufacturer of dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) chips. Micron at one ... "Today in History: March 4". Memory. Washington, D.C., US: Library of Congress. Archived from the original on July 27, 2010. ... Total employment 2016 562,282 Total employer establishments 45,826 "Gross domestic product (GDP) by state (millions of current ... Archived from the original on April 11, 2016. Retrieved July 12, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Zuivelzicht, ...
The Minstrel Boy
"The Minstrel Boy". Memory Alpha. Retrieved 10 March 2015. The Minstrel Boy in MIDI format The Minstrel Boy in mp3 format Scan ... Fort Henry Guard Fife Manual 2016. Kingston, ON: Fort Henry NHS. 2016. " ...
List of killings and massacres in Mandatory Palestine
Morris, Benny (3 February 2011). "Fallible Memory". The New Republic. Retrieved 23 August 2016. Charles Townshend (historian) ( ... Retrieved 23 August 2016. "יומ-הדמים ביפו תחילתו - שמועות שקר שהופצו על שלישה חורבימ הרוגים כביכול בידי יהודיט - * נרצחו 8 ...
John Burton Cleland
"Nepabunna, 1937-39". SA Memory. State Library of South Australia. 28 October 2009. Retrieved 13 November 2020. R. V. Southcott ... Retrieved 17 August 2016. Nelson, N H. "Cleland, Sir Donald Mackinnon (Don) (1901-1975)". Australian Dictionary of Biography. ... Retrieved 16 August 2016. Caroline Richmond, "Obituary of William Paton Cleland (1912-2005)", British Medical Journal, 2005, ... Retrieved 19 August 2016. "Aborigines Protection Board". SA History Hub. Retrieved 5 July 2019. " ...
Noon, Feroze Khan (1966). From Memory. Karachi, Pakistan: Ferozsons, Noon. Retrieved 21 March 2017. Ispahani, Farahnaz (2 ... Retrieved 21 January 2016. Dacca, University of (1966). Report. Report. Retrieved 18 March 2017. Ikram, S.M. (1995) [First ... Sobhan, Rehman (2016). Untranquil Recollections: The Years of Fulfilment. SAGE Publications. pp. 24-. ISBN 978-93-5150-320-0. ... Retrieved 22 January 2016. "Basic Principles Committee". Story of Pakistan. Retrieved 19 December 2013. Praveen, Swami (10 July ...
Research Machines 380Z
Main memory was not used by the text or graphics video cards, although memory on the video cards was bank switched into a ... Memory was fitted in up to four banks of RAM, each of either 4 KB (4 × 1024 bytes) or 16 KB, although not every permutation was ... In 1979 a dual 8-inch disk system with 56 KB of memory cost £3266, and a 16 KB cassette-based system cost £965 (excluding VAT ... The board was fitted with a dedicated bank of 16 KB of video memory and supported two graphics modes: High resolution: 320×192 ...
"Kent Frizzell". Kansas Memory. "Kent Frizzell - ENRD". U.S. Department of Justice. "Kent Frizzell's career took him to Topeka, ... Dale Kent Frizzell (February 11, 1929 - October 26, 2016) was an American attorney and politician from the state of Kansas. He ...
Echoes (Pink Floyd song)
"The Kubrick FAQ". visual-memory. Retrieved 26 March 2014. John Coulthart. "Alex in the Chelsea Drug Store". Retrieved 25 July ... Gilmour told Rolling Stone in 2016 upon returning to Pompeii to play a solo show that he would have loved to perform "Echoes" ... Retrieved 31 July 2016. Reisch, George (15 April 2011). Pink Floyd and Philosophy: Careful with that Axiom, Eugene!. Open Court ... Retrieved 10 June 2016. Chidester, Brian (2014). "The Archivist: You Crazy Diamonds". The Surfer's Journal. Retrieved 1 March ...
Austrian motorcycle Grand Prix
"History of the Grand Prix of Austria" (in French). Racing Memory. Retrieved 2008-04-05. "Grand Prix uitslagen en bijzonderheden ... Racing Memory (in French). Archived from the original on 2 November 2011. Retrieved 2 November 2011.. ... After a 19-year absence, the Austrian Grand Prix returned in 2016 and currently takes place at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg. ... 2016-07-19. Retrieved 20 July 2018. "Austria 1996 500cc". YouTube. 30 August 2017. Retrieved 20 July 2018. "Grand Prix ...
List of sportspeople educated at the United States Military Academy
"In Memory". Assembly. United States Military Academy Association of Graduates: 57. April 1956. "Joseph Stilwell". Yonkers ... Retrieved 23 August 2016. "West Point frosh from Temple to swim in Olympics". Killeen Daily Herald. Archived from the original ... The most recent is Mike Krzyzewski (class of 1969), who was head coach of the U.S. men's basketball team at the 2016 Summer ... Retrieved 23 August 2016. "FALCONS ADD FORMER ARMY FB MOONEY". Atlanta Falcons. Archived from the original on 24 October 2016. ...
Porrello 1995, p. 7. Birkhimer, Lily (June 1, 2012). "The Prohibition Era Begins". Ohio Memory. Retrieved August 22, 2018. ... McGirr, Lisa (2016). The War on Alcohol: Prohibition and the Rise of the American State. New York: W.W. Norton & Company. ISBN ... McGirr 2016, pp. 51-54. Funderberg 2014, p. 55. Hunt & Tona 2013, p. 55. Messick 1967, pp. 42, 50, 53. Messick 1967, p. 71. ... Cockayne 2016, p. 116. Newton 2012, p. 33. Critchley 2009, p. 143-156. Hunt & Tona 2013, p. 184. McCarthy 2011, pp. 106-107. ...
"Memory Lane", p. 23 "Memory Lane", p. 24 "STAR GAZERS , full Official Chart History , Official Charts Company". www. ... "Memory Lane", p. 21 Rice, Jo (1982). Guinness Book of 500 Number One Hits (1st ed.). Enfield, Middlesex: Guinness Superlatives ... ISBN 0-85112-250-7. "Memory Lane", pp. 22-23 Rice, Jo (1982). Guinness Book of 500 Number One Hits (1st ed.). Enfield, ... Pallett, Ray (2011). "The Last of the Dance Band Crooners: Dickie Valentine". Memory Lane. Jeanette and Ray Pallett (172): 22. ...
"Piana, Rich". Muscle Memory. Retrieved June 29, 2018. Piana, Rich. "Rich Piana 5% Nutrition". www.rich-piana.com. Llewellyn, ... They separated in 2016 and he later accused her of using him to qualify for a U.S. green card and stealing money from him. ... November 10, 2016. Retrieved September 13, 2017. "Celebrity US bodybuilder Rich Piana dies aged 46 after collapsing two weeks ... Piana, Rich (November 8, 2016). "Why Sara and I Split Up - No Green Card - She Wants Revenge". YouTube. Retrieved December 25, ...
"Out of Memory: Patrick Tighe Architecture with Machineous". Architect's Newspaper. February 18, 2011. Retrieved February 21, ... "Memory Temple". Architect Magazine. May 17, 2012. Retrieved February 21, 2020. Tighe, Patrick (October 21, 2016). Patrick Tighe ... "Out of Memory", an immersive sound installation consisting of a parabolic spray foam structure milled on site using robots. The ... In 2016, Tighe authored "Building Dichotomy", published by Images, a monograph of the firm's work. "Prix de Rome! Rome Prize ...
Henry Marie Brackenridge
"Portrait of Henry Marie Brackenridge". Florida Memory. Retrieved April 29, 2016. Hogan, Edward Patrick; Fouberg, Erin Hogan ( ... Retrieved April 29, 2016. United States Congress. "Henry Marie Brackenridge (id: B000732)". Biographical Directory of the ...
Riti, M. D. (15 November 1987). "Speak Memory". The Illustrated Weekly of India. Vol. 108. pp. 46-47. Muthuraman, S. P. (9 ... In August 2016, the Studebaker President car driven by Saroja Devi in the film was on display at the 14th annual exhibitions ... Retrieved 29 September 2016. Ashok Kumar, S. R. (23 February 2013). "Songs to perk up your mood". The Hindu. Archived from the ... Vamanan (17 June 2016). "Storyteller who found his flair in versatility". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 18 ...
Burning of Smyrna
"The Play of Memory, Counter-Memory: Building Izmir on Smyrna's Ashes," New Perspectives on Turkey 26 (2002): 1-28. Mansel, ... "Fear and Loathing in 'Gavur' Izmir: Emotions in Early Republican Memories of the Greek Occupation (1919-22)," International ... "Remembering Smyrna/Izmir: Shared History, Shared Trauma," History and Memory 20 (2008):106-27. Papoutsky, Christos, Ships of ... Memory. 20 (2). doi:10.2979/his.2008.20.2.106. S2CID 159560899. Retrieved 4 July 2016. Dr. Esther Lovejoy, "Woman Pictures ...
Silver Springs, Florida
"Shipwreck used during filming of the TV show "Seahunt" - Silver Springs, Florida". Florida Memory. Retrieved 26 May 2017. Joe ... The Wild Waters water park also existed in Silver Springs and operated from 1978 to 2016. Silver Springs was "whites only" ... Retrieved December 28, 2016. Silver Springs State Park Through the Looking Glass of Silver Springs. ...
Álvarez Junco, José (2002). "The Formation of Spanish Identity and Its Adaptation to the Age of Nations". History & Memory. ... Saz 2016, p. 16. Saz 2016, p. 21. Antonia Maria Jimenez Ruiz "¿Y tú de quién eres? Identidad europea y lealtad a la nación" " ... 12: 6. Saz 2016, pp. 7-8. Vega Esteban, Mariano de; Morales Moya, Antonio (2017). "Nacionalismos y Estado en España durante el ... Saz, Ismael (2016). "Las herencias intelectuales de la pérdida del imperio americano" (PDF). Storicamente. Università di ...
... the body does not have time to sufficiently develop immunological memory against the disease, and memory cells will not persist ... In these cases, a booster dose is required to "boost" the memory B and T cell count back up again. In the case of the polio ... After a primary response of the immune system against a vaccination, memory T helper cells and B cells persist at a fairly ... It is intended to increase immunity against that antigen back to protective levels, after memory against that antigen has ...
Edison and Ford Winter Estates
Mina Edison deeded the Edison property to the City of Fort Myers in memory of her Husband for the enjoyment of the public. It ... "Banyan tree by Thomas Edison's house in Fort Myers, Florida". Florida Memory. Retrieved 2016-01-12. "Guide to the Ellen McGowan ... Retrieved 2016-02-08. "Edison and Ford Estates Research Policies". Edison & Ford Winter Estates. Retrieved 2017-01-19. Albion, ...
Spatial visualization ability
Baddeley's model of working memory Graphical perception Nonverbal learning disorder Proof without words Spatial ability Visual ... Memory & Cognition. 31 (7): 1136-1145. doi:10.3758/BF03196134. ISSN 0090-502X. PMID 14704028. Feng, Jing; Spence, Ian; Pratt, ... Jay (2016-05-06). "Playing an Action Video Game Reduces Gender Differences in Spatial Cognition". Psychological Science. 18 (10 ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Mojapelo, Max (2008). Beyond Memory. Somerset West, South Africa: African Minds. pp. 24 ... Retrieved 24 October 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Coplan, David (2008). In Township Tonight!: South Africa's ...
Robert Taft (chemist and author)
"Brunet on the Robert Taft Collection". Kansas Memory. Retrieved 4 October 2017. Taft, Robert (1953). Artists and Illustrators ... Grauer, Michael (2016). Rounded Up in Glory: Frank Reaugh, Texas Renaissance Man. University of North Texas Press. p. 261.. ...
Syndicated). CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "The Sword of Kahless". Memory Alpha. Although Fek'lhr is implied to be ... Gross, Edward (2016-04-07). "Star Trek: 10 Unfilmed Episodes". Empire. Retrieved 2016-07-24. "Rightful Heir". Star Trek: The ... " "Klingon Augment Virus". Memory Alpha. Retrieved 2014-08-14. "Koloth's aide, Korax, was played by Michael Pataki - a most ...
Human rights in Jamaica
Memory. 41. doi:10.2979/histmemo.24.2.41. O'Rourke, K. O. (2001). John Stuart Mill and The Freedom of Expression: The Genesis ... 2016. Czyzselska, Jane. "No Woman No Cry: Lesbians in Jamaica". GayTimes. Archived from the original on 2014-06-06. Retrieved ... 2016.[full citation needed] Sherwood, Marika (2007). After Abolition: Britain And The Slave Trade Since 1807. London: I. B. ... 2016. The Associated, Press. "Report: Jamaica Fosters Culture Of Fear With Police Impunity." AP English Worldstream - English ( ...
Responsibility for the great fire of Smyrna
Memory, Vol. 20, No. 2 (Fall/Winter 2008), p. 117. "Aya Fotini". levantineheritage.com. Retrieved 24 May 2017. Donald Everett ... Memory. 20 (2). doi:10.2979/his.2008.20.2.106. S2CID 159560899. Retrieved 4 July 2016.. ... Hyslop, Joanna (2016). "'A brief and personal account': the evidence of Charles Dobson on the destruction of the city of Smyrna ... "İzmir 1922: A port city unravels" Archived 3 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine, Reşat Kasaba, Washington University, pp. 5-6 ...
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Penabella, Miguel (23 November 2018). "An Interview with Mona Mur". Invalid Memory. Retrieved 22 October 2019. Mur, Mona (3 ... Penabella, Miguel (21 September 2017). "An Interview with Rasmus Poulsen". Invalid Memory. Retrieved 22 October 2019. Gerstmann ... Retrieved 29 January 2016. "Kane and Lynch 2 gone gold". New Game Network. 13 July 2010. Retrieved 13 July 2010. "KANE & LYNCH ... Retrieved 30 January 2016. Edge staff (19 August 2010). "Kane And Lynch 2: Dog Days Review (PS3, X360)". Edge. Archived from ...
"Source Memory: Reweaving the Connections". Source Memory. Retrieved October 2, 2016. "Rise Up and Dance! poster". Runa: The Art ... In 2016, Dashu published Witches and Pagans: Women in European Folk Religion, 700-1100. The work is the first volume of a 16- ... Dashu, Max (2016). Witches and Pagans: Women in European Folk Religion, 700-1100. Richmond, CA: Veleda Press. ISBN 978-0-692- ... Retrieved October 2, 2016. Dashu, Max (September 1, 2003). "Women's studies beyond academia". off our backs. Vol. 33 no. 9. ...
"Oral History Interview , Kathleen Campbell-Brown , UQ Memory". pandora.nla.gov.au. Archived from the original on 8 September ... Retrieved 21 June 2016. "TODAY'S INFORMATION SERVICE - ROAD CASTING PROGRAMMES TO-DAY 4QR 7.0 p.m.: News. 7.20: - The Telegraph ... Retrieved 21 June 2016. "Life membership of the Modern Language Teachers' Association of Queensland". Life membership of the ... Retrieved 21 June 2016. "CHARM OF PARIS. - AUSTRALIAN GIRL'S IMPRESSIONS. - The Courier-Mail (Brisbane, Qld. : 1933 - 1954) - ...
MattsonMath Memories 2015-2016 - MattsonMath
'Internet has Short Memory' at #SMCamp Victoria, Canada...
Internet has Short Memory at #SMCamp Victoria, Canada 2016. I made a return visit to Social Media Camp in Victoria, BC, Canada ... Dave Olson on stuff, preserving memories and stories and images and if were saving the important things. #SMCamp pic.twitter. ... Dave Olson preserves paper memories including his Grade Four report card lovingly typed out by his teacher😊 #SMCamp pic.twitter ...
Election Memory Lane, It's 1968 and 2016 - Again | Newsmax.com
Election Memory Lane, Its 1968 and 2016 - Again Feb. 5, 2020 Sen. Bernie Sanders, D-Vt., walks to the U.S. Senate chamber to ... 2020 will bring back memories of another convention: Chicago 1968. ... Like 2016, the campaign against Bernie is suffering from a boomerang.. Short of a few Biden wins in the early states, or a ... Nearly 50 years later, at the 2016 Philadelphia Convention, Sanders agreement to endorse Hillary Clinton led to protests from ...
Donations in Honor & Memory: Spring 2016 | Breast Cancer Action
The neurobiological basis of memory : a system of attribute and process analysis (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
This volume offers an up-to-date tour of current trends in the neurobiology of memory while saluting Raymond Kesners ... The neurobiological basis of memory : a system of attribute and process analysis. [Pamela A Jackson; Andrea A Chiba; Robert F ... http:\/\/experiment.worldcat.org\/entity\/work\/data\/2784800010#Topic\/memory<\/a>> # Memory<\/span>\n. \u00A0\u00A0\u00A0\ ... Interactions Between Knowledge-Based and Event-Based MemoryInteractions Between Knowledge-Based Memory and Rule-Based Memory; ...
Europe In-Memory Database Market (2016 - 2022)
10.3 UK In-Memory Database Market. 10.3.1 UK In-Memory Database Market by Application. 10.3.2 UK In-Memory Database Market by ... An in-memory database (IMDB, also main memory database system or MMDB or memory resident database) is a system that majorly ... 10.6 Spain In-Memory Database Market. 10.6.1 Spain In-Memory Database Market by Application. 10.6.2 Spain In-Memory Database ... 10.7 Italy In-Memory Database Market. 10.7.1 Italy In-Memory Database Market by Application. 10.7.2 Italy In-Memory Database ...
Fit+Foxy, Solstice + Memory + Healing, December 21, 2016 12/21 by the LMC Radio Network | Motivation Podcasts
Fit+Foxy is a magical lifestyle show, brought to you by a real-life couple, who is committed motivating you spiritually, emotionally, and physically to create an exquisite and passionate, first-class life. In our discussions we examine the possibilities of personal development, and offer tools to reframe priorities, reshape perspectives, and balance habits. We freely share anecdotes from intimate journeys, reveal delicious bits of professional advice, and spice up the atmosphere with generous doses of inspiration, laughter, and honesty. To participate in a live broadcast, join your hosts, - Madame Nadia, The Gloss Fox priestess, an exquisite-life coach, a celebrity psychic, and a glamour activist + Jaiye Dania, a celebrity coach, a physical spirituality expert, and an exercise nutrition advisor - every Wednesday, at 8 pm CST, on the LMC Radio Network. Call in via phone (323) 642-1214, Click-to-Talk via a computer interface, or join in chat with a registered BlogTalkRadio account. We love to hear from
Japan USB Memory Stick Market Report 2016
... of USB Memory Stick in Japan market, focuses on the top players, with sales, price, revenue and market share for each player, ... 1 USB Memory Stick Overview. 1.1 Product Overview and Scope of USB Memory Stick. 1.2 Classification of USB Memory Stick. 1.2.1 ... 5.26 EP Memory. 5.27 Super Talent. 5.28 Action Sport Drivers. 6 USB Memory Stick Manufacturing Cost Analysis. 6.1 USB Memory ... Table EP Memory Basic Information List. Table EP Memory USB Memory Stick Sales, Revenue, Price and Gross Margin (2011-2016). ...
In memory of Marcos Vidal (1974-2016) | Disease Models & Mechanisms
Senior Living Update: Flooring solutions for memory care facilities - Mar 2016
Memory care dining rooms, in many cases, will have hard surface flooring as opposed to soft. Yet an operator may want carpet ... New memory care units tend to be found at the assisted living level, although early stages of dementia and Alzheimers are ... Clearly, interiors for memory care are being thoughtfully designed to create a supportive environment. And flooring, from both ... Although it is commonly known that perception changes with aging, memory care residents tend to have a more extreme degree of ...
In Memory of Jules Dervaes (1947-2016) - The Urban Homestead
In Memory of Jules Dervaes (1947-2016). Posted on December 27, 2016 Categories: Blog 69 ... You all are an inspiration to many! Jules´ (jewel) memory will live long in our hearts. When he speaks to you in your dreams he ... Tonight as I was browsing for Anais in Knit Together (since Im sitting here knitting by myself) and noticed the "In Memory of ... Loving the memory,share ing the grief.. Looking forward to the resurrection ?in the sweet by and by..? ...
Miyawaki and Diba. Curr Biol 2016 - Neural Circuits and Memory Lab
MURI Winter Workshop on Memory Consolidation. December 14, 2017. *. Neuroscience Seminar at University of Florida. December 7, ... Kamran Diba gave a talk at the MURI Winter Workshop on Memory Consolidation ... Curr Biol 2016. March 11, 2016. September 14, 2017. Kamran Diba featured, Publications ... Miyawaki and Diba (2016) Regulation of Hippocampal Firing by Network Oscillations during Sleep. Current Biology 26(7):893-902. ...
Patents filed at Aug 23 2016 | Memory system, control system and method of predicting lifetime | Patents.com
Memory cell , Non-volatile semiconductor memory device having depletion-type and enhancement-type channel regions , ... Semiconductor storage device , Semiconductor memory device, operating method thereof, and data storage device including the ... A memory... US-9,424,902. Memory controller and associated method for generating memory address. A memory controller is ... Resistive memory apparatus and memory cell thereof. A resistive memory apparatus and a memory cell thereof are provided. The ...
ModelDB: Model of memory linking through memory allocation (Kastellakis et al. 2016)
Model of memory linking through memory allocation (Kastellakis et al. 2016). Download zip file Help downloading and running ... learning of a single associative memory (b) rescuing of a weak memory when paired with a strong one and (c) linking of multiple ... Linked memories share synaptic clusters within the dendrites of overlapping populations of neurons Reference: 1 . Kastellakis G ... Linking Memories across Time via Neuronal and Dendritic Overlaps in Model Neurons with Active Dendrites. Cell Rep 17:1491-1504 ...
MicrocircuitDB: Model of memory linking through memory allocation (Kastellakis et al. 2016)
Strong memory, Weak memory); else legend(Weak memory, Strong memory); end set(gca, XTick,[1:length(itvls)]); set(gca ... Model of memory linking through memory allocation (Kastellakis et al. 2016). Download zip file Help downloading and running ... learning of a single associative memory (b) rescuing of a weak memory when paired with a strong one and (c) linking of multiple ... Linked memories share synaptic clusters within the dendrites of overlapping populations of neurons Reference: 1 . Kastellakis G ...
Global Memory Market Growth with Worldwide Industry Analysis, 2016 - 2021 - NDM Columns
Global Memory Market Growth with Worldwide Industry Analysis, 2016 - 2021. April 6, 2017 Arvel Business 0 ... MRS Research Group added new QY Research Report on "Global Memory Market Share,Size,Trends and Forecast to 2021" to its ... the report depicts the global total market of Memory industry including capacity, production, production value, cost/profit, ... The report then estimates 2016-2021 market development trends of Memory industry.Analysis of upstream raw materials, downstream ...
ModelDB: Large-scale neural model of visual short-term memory (Ulloa, Horwitz 2016; Horwitz, et al. 2005,...)
Large-scale neural model of visual short-term memory (Ulloa, Horwitz 2016; Horwitz, et al. 2005,...). Large-scale neural model ... Large-scale neural model of visual short-term memory (Ulloa, Horwitz 2016; Horwitz, et al. 2005,...). Large-scale neural model ... Large-scale neural model of visual short-term memory (Ulloa, Horwitz 2016; Horwitz, et al. 2005,...). Large-scale neural model ... Large-scale neural model of visual short-term memory (Ulloa, Horwitz 2016; Horwitz, et al. 2005,...). Large-scale neural model ...
2016 - March 20 - Remembering Crater Lake Childhood memories. Karin Leperi | Crater Lake Institute - Enhancing the Visitors...
Childhood memories revisited in Americas deepest lake and national park.. By Karin Leperi, March 20, 2016 from the San Diego ... And yes, Crater Lake is still a deep, cobalt blue - the color of childhood memories. ... Remembering Crater Lake Childhood memories. Karin Leperi. Print Friendly ... 2016 - March 13 - Chinese tourists have Southern Oregon on Radar. *2016 - March 20 - Remembering Crater Lake Childhood memories ...
You Should Be Here by Cole Swindell
Middle of a Memory. from the album You Should Be Here for $1.29. Free with Apple Music subscription. ... The album generated two other hits -- Middle of a Memory, which peaked at number three on Billboards Hot Country Songs chart ... 2015, 2016 Warner Music Nashville LLC for the U.S. and WEA International Inc. for the world outside the U.S. ... and Flatliner, which was a modest hit in early 2017 -- and in October 2016 he released the third EP in his Down Home Sessions ...
Southern China suffers worst drought in memory - Telegraph
Mind memory exercise, earning easy money online free watch, money making missions gta 5 online
26.04.2016 at 20:14:26 Samsung says it had some 14,000 affecting your health or vice versa please ask your line manager. ... 26.04.2016 at 12:21:18 Read a chapter on electrical energy, they could could be quite rewarding as you become this. ... 26.04.2016 at 11:54:26 Shut your eyes and mirrored within the facial actions of mothers unborn infants. ... 26.04.2016 at 14:27:13 Athlete, ugly, or that they hate conditioning, by having them. ...
2016 Archive - UofSC News & Events | University of South Carolina
The mechanisms of memory. June 15, 2016, Page Ivey Michy Kellys fascination with how brains work began in high school when she ... Many of us share the memory from school days gone by: a glob of something that might be carrots one day, a heap of something ... A team of researchers led by SmartState Endowed Chair of Memory and Brain Function Julius Fridriksson is using state-of-the-art ... Finding the physical difference in brains that have an inability to consistently create new memories - or find old ones - is a ...
Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:46.0 / rv:45.1 / rv:38.8) - Mozilla
Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 46 (CVE-2016-2804). Christian Holler reported a memory safety problem that is fixed in ... Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:46.0 / rv:45.1 / rv:38.8). Announced. April 26, 2016. Reporter. Mozilla Developers. ... Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox ESR 45.1, Firefox ESR 38.8 and Firefox 46 (CVE-2016-2807) ... Some of these bugs showed evidence of memory corruption under certain circumstances, and we presume that with enough effort at ...
Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:47.0 / rv:45.2) - Mozilla
Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:47.0 / rv:45.2). Announced. June 7, 2016. Reporter. Mozilla Developers. Impact. ... Some of these bugs showed evidence of memory corruption under certain circumstances, and we presume that with enough effort at ... Mozilla developers and community members reported several memory safety bugs in the browser engine used in Firefox and other ... Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox ESR 45.2 and Firefox 47 (CVE-2016-2818) ...
Can food save your memory? - Telegraph
As a result, their memory and problem-solving abilities were returning. For the first time since this dreadful disease was ... "Theres good evidence to link high homocysteine with poor memory in older patients," says Prof David Smith, director of the ... "And you can reverse their memory to normal, like a young mouse." ... Culture stars who died in 2016 Culture News We celebrate and ... Oxford Project to Investigate Memory and Ageing (Optima).. "Studies have found that people with homocysteine levels above 12 - ...
Risk and Hyperconnectivity: Media and Memories of Neoliberalism eBook by Andrew Hoskins Kobo Edition | chapters.indigo.ca
FOR526: Memory Forensics in-Depth will teach you:. *Proper Memory Acquisition: Demonstrate targeted memory capture to ensure ... We will use open-source memory analysis frameworks to analyze Mac memory images to recover processes, memory maps, open files, ... In comparing live memory triage and full memory capture off-line analysis, we discuss the applications of both methods and when ... What do you do? You will learn here how to examine the memory that makes up the module and extract the portions in memory to ...
Intel® Select Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server* 2016 Software
Apple MLHA2CT/A 12' MacBook Retina (2016) 1.3GHz... at MacSales.com
Early 2016 Space Gray, with 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, macOS 10.12.x Sierra. Apple Refurbished, Factory Sealed ... 8GB of Onboard Memory This MacBook already has all the memory you need built-in. Its one upgrade this machine will never need. ... Processor / Memory. * 1.3GHz Dual-Core Intel Core m7 Processor *Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz ... Intel HD Graphics 515 graphics processor with 1.5GB of shared system memory ...
Memory Mechanisms in Health and Disease
How is memory stored at the molecular and neuronal circuit level?. How is memory storage affected in dementia and autism?. What ... Memory Mechanisms in Health and Disease 5 - 8 December 2016, Florida, United States ... We are proud to announce the 1st Zing Memory Mechanisms in Health and Disease Conference which shall be taking place in ... This conference will present cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research on mechanisms of learning and memory in health and ...
20172018Nootropics2020Alzheimer'sToday's2021CircuitsAUTISMDementiaNeuronalOlder adultsCortisolSubjective memoryFourth QuarterResearch suggestsDDR4BrainExerciseSmartphoneEpisodic memoryIssueSynapticBehavioralTrendsNeuronsResearchersInvestigationFearStressOverlapsTasksAssociative memoryBring back memoriesYearCorsairHighlightsRecallCognitiveSpatialOlfactoryAlertnessFoamFindPeopleImpairmentPlaysLossCapacityTriggerTypeStimulate
- The album generated two other hits -- 'Middle of a Memory,' which peaked at number three on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart, and 'Flatliner,' which was a modest hit in early 2017 -- and in October 2016 he released the third EP in his Down Home Sessions series, which he had begun in 2014. (apple.com)
- HOUSTON, Feb. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Parkway, Inc. ( PKY ) today announced results for its fourth quarter ended December 31, 2016. (yahoo.com)
- This is the 2016-2017 edition of the e Calendar. (mcgill.ca)
- More recently, memory has come to be recognized as a topic of major philosophical importance in its own right, with the emergence of the philosophy of memory as a distinct field of research (Bernecker & Michaelian 2017). (stanford.edu)
- 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2018. (wikipedia.org)
- Nootropics are becoming increasingly popular as a tool for improving memory, information recall, and focus. (careyoukeep.com)
- Second, if Sanders is still denied the nomination in a brokered convention affected by DNC insiders monkeying with the rules, 2020 will bring back memories of another convention: Chicago 1968. (newsmax.com)
- New memory care units tend to be found at the assisted living level, although early stages of dementia and Alzheimer's are becoming more prevalent among independent living residents. (floordaily.net)
- The enduring disorder in memory retention is known as Alzheimer's disease. (medindia.net)
- On Sunday 28th February 2016, I will be partaking in a 7.5km run as part of Alzheimer's Australia's attempt to raise awareness for dementia and Alzheimer's. (psclinen.com)
- In today's forensics cases, it is just as critical to understand memory structures as it is to understand disk and registry structures. (sans.org)
- To that end, for today's article we have procured 2x16GB DDR4 SODIMM kits rated for operation at more than 2133 MHz from Corsair, Crucial, G.Skill, Kingston and Patriot Memory to study the impact of memory overclocking on the performance of Skull Canyon. (anandtech.com)
- Disorders of learning and memory have a large social and economic impact in today's society. (thejns.org)
- The report then estimates 2016-2021 market development trends of Memory industry.Analysis of upstream raw materials, downstream demand, and current market dynamics is also carried out.In the end, the report makes some important proposals for a new project of the this Industry before evaluating its feasibility.Overall, the report provides an in-depth insight of global the this industry covering all important parameters. (ndmcolumns.com)
- How is memory storage affected in dementia and autism? (rsc.org)
- Flooring for memory care rides a line between the types typically used in assisted living and those required for a nursing environment, due to the higher level of perceptual issues in residents with dementia. (floordaily.net)
- The discovery also opens the door to studying how the exercise-memory link could be used for therapeutic purposes, for example in people with dementia, commented Associate Professor Olivier Piguet, of Neuroscience Research Australia. (abc.net.au)
- Although the US Preventive Services Task Force (1) does not recommend routine screening for dementia, which is often first manifested in memory problems, early diagnosis is important for numerous reasons. (cdc.gov)
- 1 . Kastellakis G, Silva AJ, Poirazi P (2016) Linking Memories across Time via Neuronal and Dendritic Overlaps in Model Neurons with Active Dendrites. (yale.edu)
- Particular emphasis will be given to address the questions of How is memory stored at the molecular and neuronal circuit level? (rsc.org)
- Multiple targets including entorhinal cortex, fornix, nucleus basalis of Meynert, basal ganglia, and pedunculopontine nucleus have shown a promising potential for improving dysfunctional memory by mechanisms such as altering firing patterns in neuronal networks underlying memory and increasing synaptic plasticity and neurogenesis. (thejns.org)
- Pomegranate juice augments memory and FMRI activity in middle-aged and older adults with mild memory complaints. (greenmedinfo.com)
- When you experience stress, your body releases cortisol, which can worsen memory. (diablomag.com)
- Chlorogenic acids may improve attentional, executive, and memory functions in the elderly with complaints of subjective memory loss. (greenmedinfo.com)
- Most adults reporting subjective memory complaints (SMCs) do not discuss them with a health care provider and miss an opportunity to learn about treatment options or receive a diagnosis. (cdc.gov)
- Relationship between self-reported and objectively measured physical activity and subjective memory impairment in breast cancer survivors: role of self-efficacy, fatigue and distress, Siobhan M. Phillips et al. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Nutrisystem, Inc. ( NTRI ), a leading provider of weight management products and services including Nutrisystem® and South Beach Diet® brands, today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2016. (yahoo.com)
- Management will host a conference call to discuss fourth quarter and full year 2016 financial results today at 5:00 PM Eastern time. (yahoo.com)
- For the fourth quarter 2016, net loss for Parkway, Inc. ("Parkway" or the "Company") attributable to common stockholders was $8.9 million, or $0.18 per basic and diluted share. (yahoo.com)
- For the fourth quarter 2016, funds from operations ("FFO") was $15.9 million, or $0.32 per diluted share. (yahoo.com)
- All reported financial results for the fourth quarter 2016 include property-level performance for the 86 days following the Company's spin-off from Cousins Properties Incorporated ("Cousins"), which was completed on October 7, 2016. (yahoo.com)
- Parkway incurred approximately $8.3 million in non-recurring expenses in the fourth quarter 2016, primarily related to the Company's completed spin-off from Cousins. (yahoo.com)
- During the fourth quarter 2016, Parkway signed a total of 58,000 square feet of leases at an average net rent per square foot of $19.75 and at an average cost of $6.40 per square foot per year. (yahoo.com)
- Expansion leases during the fourth quarter 2016 totaled 2,000 square feet at an average net rent per square foot of $19.50 and at an average cost of $8.86 per square foot per year. (yahoo.com)
- Our research suggests these self-reported memory problems may be emotionally related. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- The Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG Edition kit (CMD16GX4M4B3200C16-ROG) consists of four 4 GB DDR4 memory modules rated to run at 3200 Mbps data-rate with CL16 18-18-36 timings at 1.35 Volts. (anandtech.com)
- The memory controller in the Intel U-series processors (on which most, if not all, high performance SFF systems are based) is rated for operation only according to the standard JEDEC guidelines (1600 MHz for DDR3 and 2133 MHz for DDR4). (anandtech.com)
- On standard non-overclocked systems, the DDR4 memory can operate at up to 2133 MHz. (anandtech.com)
- DDR4 DIMMs operating as high as 3733 MHz are available for desktop systems with full-sized memory slots. (anandtech.com)
- However, there are very few systems utilizing DDR4 SODIMMs that also support for memory overclocking (a term I will use in this article to indicate DDR4 operation at more than 2133 MHz). (anandtech.com)
- The block diagram shows two channels of DDR4 memory operating at 1.2V for a 128b memory interface. (anandtech.com)
- Acupressure appears to improve memory as a non-pharmacological intervention for traumatic brain injury. (greenmedinfo.com)
- Considerable enthusiasm for the new compound magnesium l-threonate was stirred by 2 small animal rat studies finding that magnesium l-threonate was able to increase magnesium levels in the brain and improve learning/memory tasks. (noobstarter.com)
- Try to get at least 30 minutes of aerobic activity every day-it increases blood flow to your brain, which may help to preserve memory. (diablomag.com)
- Recent research reveals that a solid night's sleep helps affix memories in the brain so we can better retrieve them later. (diablomag.com)
- She hasn't flown a plane since 2007, when viral encephalitis destroyed her hippocampus, the part of the brain used to form new memories and retrieve old ones. (eurekalert.org)
- Johns Hopkins University cognitive scientists say the sharp contrasts in this patient's memory profile -- her inability to remember facts about pursuits once vital to her life as an artist, musician and amateur aviator, while clearly remembering facts relevant to performing in these domains -- suggest conventional wisdom about how the brain stores knowledge is incorrect. (eurekalert.org)
- Her illness left her with severe brain damage and catastrophic memory impairment, including severe losses of memory about her previous life and severely restricted ability to learn new facts. (eurekalert.org)
- Researchers have identified a protein released by our muscles when we exercise that also stimulates nerve growth in the part of the brain associated with memory. (abc.net.au)
- The team injected the labeled antibody into the hippocampus, a region of the brain involved in memory and navigation, of mice. (eurekalert.org)
- Storing refers to the process of placing newly acquired information into memory, which is modified in the brain for easier storage. (wikipedia.org)
- Join the millions worldwide who enjoy training their brain with A Clockwork Brain, a series of fun & challenging games, specifically created to test cognitive skills across five areas: Memory, Attention, Reasoning, Dexterity, and Language. (apple.com)
- A protein released during exercise boosts memory, researchers say. (abc.net.au)
- The researchers then studied the effects of exercise on memory and cathepsin B production in both normal mice, and in so-called 'knockout' mice, engineered so their brains were incapable of responding to the cathepsin B protein. (abc.net.au)
- This suggested the knockout mice were not getting the exercise-related memory benefits because they could not respond to the cathepsin B protein released by their muscles during exercise. (abc.net.au)
- Professor Duzel stressed the interaction between exercise and memory would involve a number of different factors, not just cathepsin B. (abc.net.au)
- Meanwhile, Professor Duzel said he had been so convinced the release of cathepsin B after exercise increased memory, he lost five kilograms by increasing his exercise regime since being involved in the study. (abc.net.au)
- They say the findings support their theory that physical activity indirectly influences perceived memory impairment via exercise self-efficacy, distress and fatigue. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- The Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) is a smartphone that comes with a 5-inch HD Super AMOLED display. (wirefly.com)
- Goodwill AM, Campbell S, Henderson VW, Gorelik A, Dennerstein L, McClung M, Szoeke C. Robust norms for neuropsychological tests of verbal episodic memory in Australian women. (stanford.edu)
- Episodic memory is, roughly, memory for the events of the personal past, and, starting at least with Aristotle (Sorabji 2006) and continuing with early modern philosophers including Locke (1998), Hume ( 2011), and Reid ( 2002), philosophers have singled episodic memory out for special attention on the ground that it provides the rememberer with a unique form of access to past events. (stanford.edu)
- Due, perhaps, to their focus on episodic memory, philosophers have generally approached memory as a capacity exercised by single individuals. (stanford.edu)
- To help close out 2016, the University of South Carolina's monthly magazine for faculty and staff devoted its entire December issue to the ABCs of 2016 - with each letter representing a different accomplishment, announcement or notable arrival from the past year. (sc.edu)
- This showed that the fear memory had been erased by the inactivation of synaptic GluA1. (eurekalert.org)
- In the current review we provide a contemporary update on the neurobiology of BDNF including new data from the behavioral neuroscience and neuropsychiatry literature on fear memory consolidation and extinction, stress, and PTSD. (nature.com)
- This volume offers an up-to-date tour of current trends in the neurobiology of memory while saluting Raymond Kesner's pioneering contributions to the field as a theorist and researcher, teacher and mentor. (worldcat.org)
- From this, they identified a protein called cathepsin B, which they found stimulated the growth of new neurons in the brain's hippocampus - a region associated with memory. (abc.net.au)
- But because skilled performance, like playing music or flying airplanes, requires much more than mere muscle memory, and because this patient retained it despite losing most other aspects of her declarative memory, researchers conclude this type of skill-related declarative knowledge is different. (eurekalert.org)
- Once the 'couch potatoes' had become fit, the researchers found the more cathepsin B these students had in their blood, the better they performed on memory tests. (abc.net.au)
- The researchers interpret this as evidence for the replacement of GluA1 receptors by receptors containing the related protein GluA2, which is consistent with the fact that mice treated with CALI at the 24-hour time point do not lose their fear memory. (eurekalert.org)
- The interdisciplinary character of the field notwithstanding, the concerns of philosophers of memory remain distinct from those of memory researchers in other disciplines, and, while this entry discusses the latter where they are of direct philosophical relevance, its focus is squarely on the former. (stanford.edu)
- Three core areas of activity can nevertheless be discerned, with most researchers approaching memory from the perspectives of philosophy of mind, epistemology, or ethics. (stanford.edu)
- The researchers found higher levels of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity were linked to reduction in perceived memory impairment - both in the overall group (based on self-reports) and in the subgroup (based on accelerometer readings). (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Regardless of the type of investigation, system memory and its contents often expose the "first hit" - the evidential thread that we pull to unravel the whole story of what happened on the target system. (sans.org)
- Fear memories-bad memories about unpleasant situations-hold us back. (marksdailyapple.com)
- By the time you're done, the "real" memory is scrambled and the fear associated with the experience should be mitigated or eliminated. (marksdailyapple.com)
- Furthermore, it was shown that when these DNMT inhibitors were given 6 hours after training, and the rats were tested 24 hours later, the rats displayed normal fear memory, indicating that DNMTs are involved specifically in memory consolidation. (wikipedia.org)
- DKO mice were also unable to consolidate memory after fear-conditioning. (wikipedia.org)
- The memory suppressor gene, protein phosphatase 1 (PP1), was shown to have increased CpG island methylation after contextual-fear conditioning. (wikipedia.org)
- Fear memory formation drives AMPA receptors into synapses. (eurekalert.org)
- They then assessed its effect on memory formation by using a fear-learning task in which mice move between light and dark boxes, receiving an electric foot shock in the dark boxes only so they learn to favor the light boxes. (eurekalert.org)
- Glucocorticoid signaling also acutely recruits BDNF to enhance the expression of fear memory. (nature.com)
- How of retrieval-induced memory modulation impaired in post-traumatic stress disorder? (rsc.org)
- A surprising suggestion from the results was that memory problems appear to be linked to high stress in breast cancer survivors, rather than specifically as a result of chemotherapy or radiation treatment. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Given the roles played by memory in other areas, the philosophy of memory inevitably overlaps with many other fields of research. (stanford.edu)
- These data suggest that during memory consolidation in associative learning tasks, CpG methylation is used to inhibit the expression of PP1, a gene that negatively inhibits memory formation. (wikipedia.org)
- Mullen began practicing competition-style memory tasks during his senior year, and in March 2014 he entered his first national competition, the U.S.A. Memory Championship, where he placed second. (newyorker.com)
- Here, we present a simplified, biophysically inspired network model that incorporates multiple plasticity processes and explains linking of information at three different levels: (a) learning of a single associative memory (b) rescuing of a weak memory when paired with a strong one and (c) linking of multiple memories across time. (yale.edu)
Bring back memories1
- Smell can bring back memories. (alzinfo.org)
- Year 2016 was a very uncomfortable one for the Odisha at large with more issues of controversies, tragedies making it gloomy. (pragativadi.com)
- 2016 was the year of horrific and extremely sorry tale of child deaths in state. (pragativadi.com)
- Mike Monahan, Chief Financial Officer, commented, "Our operating margins improved 130 basis points year-over-year to 9.9% for the full year 2016. (yahoo.com)
- He first learned about advanced memory techniques in 2013, during his junior year at Johns Hopkins, when he read the book "Moonwalking with Einstein," by Joshua Foer, in which Foer chronicled his experiences as a memory athlete. (newyorker.com)
- Gilles Vandewalle at the University of Liège in Belgium scanned the brains of 28 volunteers while testing their attention and working memory at different times of the year. (newscientist.com)
- My fondest memory is the the Brown Bag Fashion show during Color Wars last year. (smore.com)
- Corsair has introduced its new custom-built kit of Dominator Platinum memory modules, which are specifically designed for ASUS ROG motherboards. (anandtech.com)
- She highlights the challenges that false memories created for him in his interactions with his present and past realities and the challenges these created for the family as a whole. (voiceamerica.com)
- Memory is the capacity to retain and recall information about past and present incidents. (medindia.net)
- The MRI images suggested - and a memory test confirmed it - that rest strengthens recall. (diablomag.com)
- To scramble a bad memory, he has you recall and edit the past experience like you're a film director in the cutting room. (marksdailyapple.com)
- When DNMTs are inhibited in the prefrontal cortex, recall of existing memories is impaired, but not the formation of new ones. (wikipedia.org)
- For instance, a severe amnesiac with muscle memory might never forget how to ride a bike, but probably couldn't recall anything about the Tour de France. (eurekalert.org)
- Even though people with memory loss no longer have the same cognitive awareness they once did, they are still able to experience and express emotions, including love. (alzinfo.org)
- Cognitive training approaches using virtual environments (VEs) might counter age-related visuospatial memory decline and associated difficulties in wayfinding. (nature.com)
- There is evidence to suggest that modafinil, methylphenidate, and amphetamine enhance cognitive processes such as learning and working memory. (careyoukeep.com)
- Japan - The delivery of chemical messenger (neurotransmitter) receptors to the junctions between nerve cells (synapses) is crucial to cognitive processes such as memory. (eurekalert.org)
- When tested in the Morris water navigation task, which is used to study hippocampus-dependent spatial memory, the DNMT3a/DNMT1 DKO mice took longer to find the platform than control mice. (wikipedia.org)
- All she had to do was create a memory palace-a familiar spatial setting, full of recognizable details, in which image-based associations of the information being memorized could be placed in a unique and hopefully unforgettable fashion. (newyorker.com)
- The 3 inch memory foam mattress topper comes in different sizes catering to different kinds of beds. (justgosleep.com)
- Here we present to you a list of the five best 3 inch memory foam mattress toppers . (justgosleep.com)
- The four pound density memory foam does that perfectly. (justgosleep.com)
- This 3 inch memory foam is guaranteed to bring new life to your existing mattress. (justgosleep.com)
- This is yet another prized entry into our list of the best 3 inch memory foam mattress toppers . (justgosleep.com)
- The whole of Southern China is in the grip of the worst drought in living memory, leaving at least 18 million people without access to drinking water, according to the government. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The study found breast cancer survivors who engaged in higher levels of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity appeared to experience reductions in perceived memory impairment. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Memory plays important roles in many areas of philosophy. (stanford.edu)
- Memory capacity is the ability to analyze and synthesize the assimilated information and not information storage alone. (medindia.net)
- Overexpression of BCL6 and Bcl-xL confer a high proliferative capacity and fixed differentiation phenotype to peripheral blood CD27 + IgG + memory B cells ( a ) Flow cytometry identification of BCL6-transduced (ΔNGFR + ), Bcl-xL-transduced (GFP + ) and BCL6+Bcl-xL transduced (GFP + ΔNGFR + ) CD19 + B cells in culture with CD40L-L cells and IL-21 four days post transduction. (nih.gov)
-  George A. Miller suggested that the capacity of the short-term memory storage is about seven items plus or minus two, also known as the magic number 7,  but this number has been shown to be subject to numerous variability, including the size, similarity, and other properties of the chunks. (wikipedia.org)
-  Due to the limited capacity of the working memory, this type of storage is necessary for memory to properly function. (wikipedia.org)
- A bottle of aftershave or perfume that you use can trigger memories. (macmillan.org.uk)
- A good smell can reinvigorate someone and trigger fond and loving memories. (alzinfo.org)
- Movement is an important trigger for memory processes,' said Professor Duzel, from the Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg in Germany. (abc.net.au)
-  This type of memory storage is typically effective, as it has been found that with the appearance of the first item in a chunk, the other items can be immediately recalled. (wikipedia.org)
- Our sense of smell is one of the most powerful ways to stimulate memories. (macmillan.org.uk)