The upper part of the tooth, which joins the lower part of the tooth (TOOTH ROOT) at the cervix (TOOTH CERVIX) at a line called the cementoenamel junction. The entire surface of the crown is covered with enamel which is thicker at the extremity and becomes progressively thinner toward the cervix. (From Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p216)
Macrocyclic polyethers with the repeating unit of (-CH2-CH2-O)n where n is greater than 2 and some oxygens may be replaced by nitrogen, sulfur or phosphorus. These compounds are useful for coordinating CATIONS. The nomenclature uses a prefix to indicate the size of the ring and a suffix for the number of heteroatoms.
Tooth Preparation, Prosthodontic
The selected form given to a natural tooth when it is reduced by instrumentation to receive a prosthesis (e.g., artificial crown or a retainer for a fixed or removable prosthesis). The selection of the form is guided by clinical circumstances and physical properties of the materials that make up the prosthesis. (Boucher's Clinical Dental Terminology, 4th ed, p239)
Dental Prosthesis Design
Technique combining controlled eruptive tooth movement and incision of the supracrestal gingival attachment to allow for proper restoration of a destroyed or damaged crown of a tooth. Controlled eruption of the tooth is obtained using ORTHODONTIC APPLIANCES. During this eruptive phase, repeated incisions are made at the junctional epithelium of the sulcus and the supracrestal connective tissue to prevent coronal displacement of the gingiva and of the attachment apparatus.
A type of porcelain used in dental restorations, either jacket crowns or inlays, artificial teeth, or metal-ceramic crowns. It is essentially a mixture of particles of feldspar and quartz, the feldspar melting first and providing a glass matrix for the quartz. Dental porcelain is produced by mixing ceramic powder (a mixture of quartz, kaolin, pigments, opacifiers, a suitable flux, and other substances) with distilled water. (From Jablonski's Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992)
Metal Ceramic Alloys
Dental Prosthesis Retention
The most posterior teeth on either side of the jaw, totaling eight in the deciduous dentition (2 on each side, upper and lower), and usually 12 in the permanent dentition (three on each side, upper and lower). They are grinding teeth, having large crowns and broad chewing surfaces. (Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p821)
Dental Restoration Failure
Post and Core Technique
Dental Casting Technique
Dental Stress Analysis
Zinc Phosphate Cement
A material used for cementation of inlays, crowns, bridges, and orthodontic appliances and occasionally as a temporary restoration. It is prepared by mixing zinc oxide and magnesium oxide powders with a liquid consisting principally of phosphoric acid, water, and buffers. (From Bouchers' Clinical Dental Terminology, 3d ed)
The part of a tooth from the neck to the apex, embedded in the alveolar process and covered with cementum. A root may be single or divided into several branches, usually identified by their relative position, e.g., lingual root or buccal root. Single-rooted teeth include mandibular first and second premolars and the maxillary second premolar teeth. The maxillary first premolar has two roots in most cases. Maxillary molars have three roots. (Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p690)
Denture, Partial, Fixed
Dental Marginal Adaptation
The joining of objects by means of a cement (e.g., in fracture fixation, such as in hip arthroplasty for joining of the acetabular component to the femoral component). In dentistry, it is used for the process of attaching parts of a tooth or restorative material to a natural tooth or for the attaching of orthodontic bands to teeth by means of an adhesive.
Dental cements composed either of polymethyl methacrylate or dimethacrylate, produced by mixing an acrylic monomer liquid with acrylic polymers and mineral fillers. The cement is insoluble in water and is thus resistant to fluids in the mouth, but is also irritating to the dental pulp. It is used chiefly as a luting agent for fabricated and temporary restorations. (Jablonski's Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p159)
A hard thin translucent layer of calcified substance which envelops and protects the dentin of the crown of the tooth. It is the hardest substance in the body and is almost entirely composed of calcium salts. Under the microscope, it is composed of thin rods (enamel prisms) held together by cementing substance, and surrounded by an enamel sheath. (From Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p286)
Dental Casting Investment
Amino Acid Sequence
Root Canal Therapy
Denture, Partial, Temporary
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Dental Restoration, Permanent
Dental Enamel Hypoplasia
An acquired or hereditary condition due to deficiency in the formation of tooth enamel (AMELOGENESIS). It is usually characterized by defective, thin, or malformed DENTAL ENAMEL. Risk factors for enamel hypoplasia include gene mutations, nutritional deficiencies, diseases, and environmental factors.
The wearing away of a tooth as a result of tooth-to-tooth contact, as in mastication, occurring only on the occlusal, incisal, and proximal surfaces. It is chiefly associated with aging. It is differentiated from TOOTH ABRASION (the pathologic wearing away of the tooth substance by friction, as brushing, bruxism, clenching, and other mechanical causes) and from TOOTH EROSION (the loss of substance caused by chemical action without bacterial action). (Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p86)
The relationship of all the components of the masticatory system in normal function. It has special reference to the position and contact of the maxillary and mandibular teeth for the highest efficiency during the excursive movements of the jaw that are essential for mastication. (From Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p556, p472)
Glass Ionomer Cements
Dental Prosthesis Repair
The characteristic 3-dimensional shape of a protein, including the secondary, supersecondary (motifs), tertiary (domains) and quaternary structure of the peptide chain. PROTEIN STRUCTURE, QUATERNARY describes the conformation assumed by multimeric proteins (aggregates of more than one polypeptide chain).
An artificial replacement for one or more natural teeth or part of a tooth, or associated structures, ranging from a portion of a tooth to a complete denture. The dental prosthesis is used for cosmetic or functional reasons, or both. DENTURES and specific types of dentures are also available. (From Boucher's Clinical Dental Terminology, 4th ed, p244 & Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p643)
Dental Prosthesis, Implant-Supported
Dental Implants, Single-Tooth
Though he has the usual black robe, he is larger and has only smoke underneath his robe, rather than bones, and wears a crown, ... how to play bridge. At one point, War calls out Death with "Mort" but we later learn that the only people in the room (other ... on the grounds that it wouldn't be the same as actually lengthening their lives. ... the new Death wears a crown, and is prideful, dramatic, cold, and cruel; the literal embodiment of humanity's fear of death. He ...
Tour de France
1964: Nine people died when a supply van hit a bridge in the Dordogne region, resulting in the highest tour-related death toll. ... the race was lengthened and its reach began to extend around the globe. Participation expanded from a primarily French field, ... to win cycling's Triple Crown which meant winning the Giro, the Tour and the World road race championship in the same year. ... The influx of more international riders continued through this period as in 1996 and 1997 the race was won for the first time ...
Kootenay National Park
At the bridge over Kootenay River, the road and park divert northward to follow the Vermilion River upstream through the pass ... In that same year, a new two-storey bath-house was erected and the pool lengthened by 30 feet. Meanwhile, the town of Radium ... Roland Stuart, who had acquired the springs through a 160-acre crown grant, purchased an additional 455 acres in the vicinity ... Some of the most common birds include the boreal owl, yellow-rumped warbler, golden-crowned kinglet, common yellowthroat, ...
Initially called "the bridge to nowhere", the Admiral Clarey Bridge was instrumental in Senator Daniel Inouye's "rebirth" of ... p. 7. ISBN 978-0-19-987796-6. Jon M. Van Dyke (2008). Who Owns the Crown Lands of Hawai_i?. Hawaii: University of Hawaii Press ... In June 1936 the Navy lengthened the island's landing field by 400 feet (120 m), to 3,000 feet (910 m). In March 1937 Amelia ... Due to the bridge's unique design, which includes a floating section, it was impossible to use it to transit cable across the ...
... the North Arm Bridge and the Middle Arm Bridge, were built for the Canada Line. The North Arm Bridge is an extradosed bridge ... After using longer trains and running trains at 75 second headways, the next option would be to lengthen the station platforms ... During the same period, Urban Transportation Development Corporation, then an Ontario crown corporation, was developing a new ... The Middle Arm Bridge is a shorter box girder bridge. The signalling technology used on all three SkyTrain lines to run trains ...
"Pageant Is Her Crowning Achievement: Miss Iowa, In Las Vegas For Miss USA Pageant, Was Born With Cerebral Palsy". Las Vegas: ... Surgery may include lengthening muscles and cutting overly active nerves. Often, external braces and other assistive technology ... In 1986, Young helped found the Bridge School, an educational organization for children with severe verbal and physical ... In 1997, Robert Palisano et al. introduced the Gross Motor Function Classification System (GMFCS) as an improvement over the ...
First Nations negotiated treaties with the Crown in which the Crown gained title to the land that would later become Alberta, ... They are thought to have migrated from Siberia to Alaska on a land bridge across the Bering Strait and then possibly moved down ... The southern and east central parts of Alberta are covered by short prairie grass, which dries up as summer lengthens, to be ... and the Crown committed to ongoing support of the First Nations and guaranteed their hunting and fishing rights. The most ...
Economic history of the United States
A survey of academic specialists by Whaples showed that in regards to the statement "The New Deal lengthened and deepened the ... rails and bridges. Early electrification was too limited to have a big impact on the late 19th century economy. Electricity was ... and many of the rich merchants were supporters of the Crown. Starting in 1776, the French secretly supplied the Americans with ... bridges, inns and ferries. They gave bounties and subsidies or monopolies to sawmills, grist mills, iron mills, pulling mills ( ...
2019 British prorogation controversy
... such as the demise of the Crown (Succession to the Crown Act 1707), if the reserve forces are called into service (Reserve ... Bridge, Mark (29 August 2019). "Longest prorogation of parliament in recent history". The Times. Cowie, Graeme (11 June 2019 ... general elections would shorten the preceding session and lengthen the following. After the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011- ... 2019] CSOH 70) Ministers of the Crown were successfully impeached before the introduction of the Cabinet system; for example, ...
... crowns and bridges are nowadays increasingly made with monolithic zirconia crowns produced from a color and structure graded ... In these cases, crown lengthening surgery should be considered. Endodontically-treated teeth, especially those with little ... coverage of the natural crown Full crowns 3/4 and 7/8 crowns Material to be used Metal Metal-ceramic crowns Full ceramic crowns ... Before removing definitive crown restorations it is important to plan for a provisional crown, especially if the crown to be ...
Laurel Park (race track)
Triple Crown winners Sir Barton, War Admiral, Whirlaway, Secretariat and Affirmed won races at Laurel Park during their Hall of ... In an effort to improve conditions for the International, Laurel lengthened its turf course from seven furlongs to one mile in ... properties was attempted to relocate the Washington Redskins Stadium at the crossroads of Whiskey Bottom Road and Brock Bridge ... 1997 at Laurel Park. Prado ended the year with 536 victories. Mario Pino became the 15th rider in North America to reach 6,000 ...
Japanese battleship Hiei
As with her sister ship, Kirishima, the bow of the ship is gone forward of the bridge due to a magazine explosion. Gardiner and ... In July 1927, Crown Prince Takamatsu-Emperor Hirohito's younger brother-was assigned to Hiei. From October to November 1927, ... She received eight new oil-fired Kampon boilers and geared turbines, while her stern was lengthened by 26 feet (7.9 m) to ... Though Atlanta shot out Hiei's searchlights, Hiei scored main battery hits on Atlanta's bridge, crippling her and killing Rear ...
The claw would have been lengthened by a keratin (horny) sheath in life. Apart from its size, the claw's proportions were ... Spinosaurinae was distinguished by their straight tooth crowns without serrations, small first tooth in the premaxilla, ... and dispersed via the Iberian land bridge into Gondwana, where they radiated. In 2007, Buffetaut pointed out that ... and extended all along the crown. There were around six to eight denticles per mm (0.039 in), a much larger number than in ...
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
There are lights on the Key Bridge, Theodore Roosevelt Bridge, Arlington Memorial Bridge and the George Mason Memorial Bridge ... In March 2012 the main 1/19 runway was lengthened 300 feet (91 m) to add FAA compliant runway safety runoff areas. Despite the ... New York: Avenel Books, a division of Crown Publishers, Inc. pp. 12-13. Archived from the original on April 28, 2016. Retrieved ... Less than 1 statute mile (1.6 km) from the end of the runway, the airplane struck the 14th Street Bridge complex, shearing the ...
New York, NY: Crown Publishers. pp. 12-15. ISBN 9780517543269. Wicks, Frank (2003). "Trial by Flyer". Mechanical Engineering. ... The first flights in 1904 revealed problems with longitudinal stability, solved by adding ballast and lengthening the supports ... a bridge-building design he used for his biplane glider (initially built as a triplane). The Wrights mounted the horizontal ... including a flight with the Crown Prince of Germany as a passenger. On 4 October 1909, Wilbur made a flight before a million ...
407 and a new toll road to connect the lengthened highway to nearby Hwy. 401 opened Dec. 9 on the outskirts of Toronto. Stamp ( ... Other major works included the skyway bridges along the QEW and the expansion of Highway 401 through most of Toronto into ... The new, 22-mile extension from south of Crown Hill to Coldwater will be ready for traffic this afternoon. Highway Construction ... Christina Street Bridge over Highway 402, Sarnia (Report). Archaeological Services Inc. p. 4. Retrieved January 6, 2014. ...
Dragon Quest III
After saving two people of the town of Baharata from the rogue Kandar and stealing back the King of Romaly's crown, the Hero ... These items, as in the original game, create the Rainbow Bridge which leads the Hero to Zoma's castle for the final ... and reflected the ever-lengthening game development process of the series. Yuji Horii, in a 1989 interview, said that ... Kawamata and Junji Koyanagi with artwork by Kamui Fujiwara and was published in Monthly Shōnen Gangan from 1991 through 1997. ...
History of France
The crown of France was saved by Richard's demise after a wound he received fighting his own vassals in Limousin. John Lackland ... The transportation system was in total shambles - the Allies had bombed out the railways and the bridges, and the Germans had ... canals were lengthened, and steamboat traffic became common. Industrialization was delayed in comparison to Britain and Belgium ... The Capetians, in a way, held a dual status of King and Prince; as king they held the Crown of Charlemagne and as Count of ...
... molars and premolars are simplified, with a reduction in the cusps and ridges resulting in a more flattened crown. Like ... Conversely, they could have reached the continent via the Gomphotherium land bridge, which connected Africa and the Arabian ... Different species of megabats have reproductive adaptations that lengthen the period between copulation and giving birth. Some ... "Diurnal behavior and activity budget of the golden-crowned flying fox (Acerodon jubatus) in the Subic bay forest reserve area, ...
It was later lengthened to reach the Falls of the Ohio at Louisville. The Wilderness Road was steep and rough, and it could ... Crown Publishers. Bill O'Neal, Encyclopedia of Western Gunfighters (1991) Gulick, Bill (1999). Manhunt: The Pursuit of Harry ... Peter Cowie, John Ford and the American West (Harry N. Abrams, 2004). Thomas J. Harvey, Rainbow Bridge to Monument Valley: ... building tunnels and bridges, clearing and laying the roadbed, laying the ties and rails, and maintaining and supplying the ...
New York City Subway
Construction headways on eleven routes were lengthened, and off-peak service on seven routes were lengthened. In June 2017, ... Subway 2004 Crowned". Gothamist. Archived from the original on October 26, 2013. "Mets/Yankees Metrocard". June 14, 1997. ... As a result of accidents, especially more recent ones such as the 1995 Williamsburg Bridge crash, timer signals were installed ... Temporary steel and wooden bridges carried surface traffic above the construction. Contractors in this type of construction ...
Mitcheldean Road & Forest of Dean Junction Railway
... suggested that the tunnel should be lengthened and a deviation made at Drybrook. This was agreed, and Crown sanction was ... an unusual joint bridge taking the Trafalgar tramway and the railway under a road, a skew girder bridge across the tramway, and ... Two over-bridges and a short tunnel were traversed on this section, and as the gradient fell towards Bilson at 1 in 46, catch- ... It continued to climb along a wooded hillside, crossed over a track by a wooden bridge now dismantled, and under a road by a ...
Prom Night (1980 film)
Meanwhile, Kim and Nick prepare to be crowned prom king and queen, but Lou and his lackeys tie up Nick, and Lou takes his crown ... In September 2007, Echo Bridge Home Entertainment re-released the film on DVD in the United States in a completely re-mastered ... In order to slightly lengthen the film after nudity was excised for television airings, an alternate cut of Prom Night was ... In 1997, the film was re-released again, by Anchor Bay Entertainment, in both standard and "collector's" editions. It was then ...
Lydiard, Sturt Streets, Armstrong, Doveton, Dana Street and Bridge Street (known as Bridge Mall) along with the historic centre ... The report made a series of recommendations and forecasts that included lengthening, widening and strengthening of the existing ... The project involves the development of surplus Crown Land for industrial, wholesale, logistics, construction, commercial and ... In 1869 a serious flood of the Yarrowee River put most of the lower section of business district including Bridge and Grenville ...
... scored both goals in the 4-2 second leg loss at Stamford Bridge in London, the second a spectacular strike where he ... Preview Archived 13 May 2013 at the Wayback Machine Notes "Ronaldinho", the lengthened term of endearment for "Ronaldo", is ... Retrieved 13 July 2018 "Brazil crowned world champions" Archived 27 March 2012 at WebCite. BBC Sport. Retrieved 24 May 2014 ... In 1997, Ronaldinho was part of the first Brazilian team to win the FIFA U-17 World Championship, which was held in Egypt, in ...
... that the upper bridge could easily be rendered uninhabitable, depending on the wind, and that the signal flags and halyards ... could be added if the ship was lengthened by three frames, 12 feet (4 m) in total, and that this would add very little cost ... was added to the magazine crowns and turret roofs. Only Lion was completed to the original design, which had the fore funnel ... ISBN 978-1-55750-075-5. Roberts, John (1997). Battlecruisers. Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute Press. ISBN 978-1-55750-068- ...
A steady increase in regional temperatures over the last 100 years has been reflected in a lengthening of the ice-free period, ... The so-called Arctic Bridge would link Churchill, Manitoba, and the Russian port of Murmansk. The biggest port in the Hudson ... The HBC negotiated a trading monopoly from the English crown for the Hudson Bay watershed, called Rupert's Land. France ... "Russian ship crosses 'Arctic bridge' to Manitoba". The Globe and Mail. Toronto. 18 October 2007. Archived from the original on ...
List of state highways in Louisiana (300-349)
"National Bridge Inventory Data: LA3134 Over LA45;LA303;ICWW". Ugly Bridges. 2013. Retrieved June 28, 2015. "Right-Sizing the ... While LA 301 has been truncated on one end, it has been slightly lengthened on the other end, taking over about 0.5 miles (0.80 ... Northbound LA 45 continues straight ahead along the bayou toward Crown Point. LA 301 is an undivided two-lane highway for its ... "National Bridge Inventory Data: LA0307 over BAYOU BOEUF". Ugly Bridges. 2013. Retrieved June 19, 2015. Right-Size the State ...
The lower jaw is very deep, resulting in a lengthened moment arm of the jaw muscles. Both features strongly suggest that ... Others restrict the name Anseriformes only to the crown group formed by all modern species, and label the larger group ... these birds may have spread east from Europe and crossed into North America via the Bering land bridge. Gastornis also may have ... Buffetaut, E., and Burrrraur, E. (1997). "New remains of the giant bird Gastornis from the Upper Paleocene of the eastern Paris ...
The hull was crowned by a flat-domed cast superstructure that superficially resembled a circular conventional turret. In ... SEAM was invited to improve the prototype by lengthening the hull, fitting a more supple suspension, and moving the fire-proof ... The weight limit of twenty metric tonnes was chosen because of railroad, bridge carrying and pontoon constraints. Overall these ... EPA, 1979 Jean-Gabriel Jeudy, Chars de France, E.T.A.I., 1997 Stéphane Ferrard, 2007, "Le Futur Char G1, 1re partie 1935-1938: ...
MS Crown Iris - Wikipedia
Similar lengthenings had been carried out on NCLs Dreamward and Windward the previous year. The lengthening of the Norwegian ... over-relying on the automated bridge system. The vessel, with 1,509 persons on board, was en route from St. Georges, Bermuda, ... The ship renamed Crown Iris. On May 7 the ship docked for the first time in Haifa port, Israel and On April 11 the Crown Iris ... MS Crown Iris is a cruise ship owned by Mano Maritime. She was originally ordered by Birka Line as MS Birka Queen from the ...
Patent US4353696 - Vibrating dental tool device and method - Google Patents
... therebetween is concealed as lying substantially below the gum-line and a solid seal is formed between the tooth and crown. The ... device and method is disclosed by which a smooth beveled surface may be formed on a shoulder of a tooth for receiving a crown ... Ultrasonic tip for minimally invasive crown lengthening. US20030091957 *. 27 Dec 2002. 15 May 2003. Wilkinson Alfred Harper Ben ... Dental tool and bridge made therewith. WO1998031295A1 *. 14 Jan 1998. 23 Jul 1998. Kaltenbach & Voigt Gmbh & Co.. Medical or ...
Dr. Jose Arauz, DMD - Jacksonville, NC - Periodontics & Dental Hygiene | Healthgrades.com
Implant-Supported Bridge. *Implant-Supported Crown. *Implant-Supported Dentures. *Lesion Removal. *Limited Gum Surgery ... Panama in 1997 and then his second dental degree (Doctor in Dental Medicine, D.M.D.) from Case Western Reserve University ... Crown Lengthening. *Dental Bonding. *Dental Cleaning. *Dental Crown. *Dental Examination. *Dental Gum Flap Surgery ...
Dr. Seth Pomerantz, DMD | Tamarac, FL | Healthgrades
types of fixed prosthodontics
... crowns, and bridges. Crowns are used to fill a large part of a cavity along a visible tooth, while bridges are the largest ... If the tooth, because of its relative lack of exposed tooth structure, also requires crown lengthening, the total combined time ... Fixed bridge- this is the most common type of bridge. There are many different methods of crown fabrication, each using a ... is appropriate to both allow the crown to fit yet provide enough grip. Fixed bridge- this is the most common type of bridge. ...
Tasgetius - Wikipedia
The coin depicts on its obverse a crowned head of "Apollo" with a three-lobed ivy leaf, a usual symbol of Dionysus, and the ... Tasgiitios, with the double i representing vowel lengthening, appears on numerous examples of a bronze coin assumed to be ... "let him who is a head be a bridge." The narrative is presented as an aetiology of the game, involving two rivals for Rhiannon, ... 1997), pp. 67-69 online; Gloria Vivenza, "Classical Roots of Benevolence in Economic Thought," in Ancient Economic Thought ( ...
Dental Crowns: Types, Purpose, Procedure and Cost
Read about the procedure, pain, cost, lengthening, and types of materials used. ... Get information about dental crowns, also known as caps, which are cemented restorations that cover the outside of the tooth. ... Another way of filling these spaces is with dental bridges, which are made from crowns on the teeth next to the spaces attached ... Sometimes the tooth breaks all the way to the bone, and a crown-lengthening procedure is necessary. This means the bone and ...
Take-all root rot
The take-all fungus can then increase on the dying plant and green-bridge to the newly planted crop. Therefore, it is ... When numerous roots are killed (Figure 6), or the fungus reaches the crown area and rots it, the plant dies. ... Because the pathogen is a poor saprophyte, lengthening the saprophytic period weakens the fungus thus exposing it to further ... to dry out between irrigations is important to slow down the rate of root colonization and subsequent colonization of the crown ...
Dental Crowns: Get Facts on the Common Dental Procedure
Read about the procedure, pain, cost, lengthening, and materials used. ... Get information about dental crowns, also known as caps, which are cemented restorations that cover the outside of the tooth. ... Another way of filling these spaces is with dental bridges, which are made from crowns on the teeth next to the spaces attached ... Stainless steel crowns are preformed crowns used to cover baby teeth for children. Gold dental crowns have traditionally been ...
Sandy Smile Makeover
Crown Lengthening. Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or ... Q. Can dental bridges replace my missing teeth and restore my smile? ... Can CEREC Crowns Be Used On Front Teeth? CEREC crowns make the process of getting a crown quick and easy. If you want a ... Dental Crowns. When teeth are more severely damaged or broken, a dental crown is often a better solution for transforming its ...
A Comparative Evaluation for Biologic Width following Surgical Crown Lengthening Using Gingivectomy and Ostectomy Procedure
J. Silness, "Periodontal conditions in patients treated with dental bridges. 2. The influence of full and partial crowns on ... F. Palamo and R. A. Kopezyk, "Rationale and methods for crown lengthening," The Journal of the American Dental Association, vol ... D. Kohavi and N. Stern, "Crown lengthening procedure. Part I. Clinical aspects," The Compendium of Continuing Education in ... U. Brägger, D. Lauchenauer, and N. P. Lang, "Surgical lengthening of the clinical crown," Journal of Clinical Periodontology, ...
Memory - Wikiquote
And drags at each remove a lengthening chain. *Oliver Goldsmith, The Traveller, 1764, l. 7. ... as with crowns or purple cloaks, so that the similitude may be more distinct to us; or if we somehow disfigure them, as by ... Charles Bridges, An Exposition of Psalm 119, 1827.. *I am a miser of my memories of you. And will not spend them. *Witter ... as with crowns or purple cloaks, so that the similitude may be more distinct to us; or if we somehow disfigure them, as by ...
Selective Dentistry - George Saliba, DDS in Newport Beach
Louisiana Periodontist, Dr. Murray L. Rabalais, Now Accepting New Patients for Gum Grafting to Treat Periodontal Disease in...
... often as a preparation for later crown or bridge work. Due to the nature of lengthening procedures, recovery time is longer ... Rabalais include esthetic crown lengthening and functional crown lengthening. An esthetic crown lengthening can be used to ... A functional crown lengthening may be performed in conjunction with other restorative or cosmetic treatments, ... The graft and lengthening procedures performed by Dr. Rabalais address both esthetic and medical concerns related to the health ...
Assisted Hatching at Thomson Medical Centre | MyMediTravel
Gilded Dirt #1 by Gilded Dirt - Issuu
And what was passed back and forth between the two schoolboys who sat watching the river? As the shadows lengthened he felt the ... What is the glister that rings at the edge of the bridge? Here their friend drowned. Nobody lays flowers, though sometimes at ... As his high overtook him, Fowler saw again the devotees, now crowned kings of summer, wreathed in garlands of pale flowers, ...
Port St. Lucie Dentist Relocates, Expands Services
He lost control, hit a bridge abutment and overturned the car.. In 2004, at the Canadian Open, Donal Hervieux collapsed and ... as a consequence of a leg operation to have one of his legs lengthened. ... Diabetes: Bourdonnais, Chigorin, Crown, Hanken, Miles, Paulsen, Wood. Dropsy: Allgaier. Fall: Agzamov, Rossolimo, St. Amant ... In 1997, Alvis Vitolins (1938-1997) committed suicide by jumping.. In May, 1931, Andors Wachs of Hungary had just checkmated ...
Root canal treatment Singapore - 65 Doctor Singapore
Crown Lengthening. - Soft Tissue Grafts. - Cosmetic Procedures - Crown Lengthening. - Soft Tissue Grafts. - Ridge Augmentation ... Crowns & Bridges. - Porcelain Inlays/Onlays. - Full mouth reconstructions. - Equipped with the worlds most advanced dental ... Crown lengthening procedures. - Soft tissue grafting. - Root resection, augmentation. - Regenerative procedures (bone grafting) ... Crowns. - Veneers. - Root canal treatment. - Inlays. - Onlays. - Dentures. - Teeth whitening. - Fluoride therapy. - Fissure ...
Quintessence Publishing: Multimedia
Plastic-Esthetic Periodontal and Implant Surgery-v. 5: Esthetic Crown Lengthening (DVD-ROM) Author(s)/Editor(s): Zuhr, Otto and ... Columbus Bridge Protocol: Immediate Loading Bridge (Book/DVD-ROM set) Author(s)/Editor(s): Tealdo, Tiziano / Bevilacqua, Marco ... Plastic-Esthetic Periodontal and Implant Surgery-v. 8: Soft Tissue Augmentation Under Bridge Pontics (DVD-ROM) Author(s)/Editor ... CD-ROM of Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants (1986-1997) Author(s)/Editor(s): William R. Laney, DDS, MS. ...
Patent US7186356 - Analytical device - Google Patents
... a typical example of which might be caesium-15-crown-5 prepared by vaporising caesium metal over 15-crown-5, is incorporated ... Such widening lengthens the path of electrons through the polymer coating on the filler particles and thus decreases quantum ... Sensor A is then moved to position 522 at which it is connected to a Wheatstone Bridge circuit. Flow of analyte is started ... Such materials include crown ethers, zeolites, solid and liquid ion exchangers, biological antibodies and their analogues or ...
Achieving Exceptional Implant Esthetics | Inside Dental Technology | October 2013 | Inside Dental Technology | CDEWorld
7 This is especially critical if the adjacent teeth require simultaneous esthetic crown lengthening. After the implant is ... In these cases, the author prefers to use a combination provisional that has a bonded bridge incorporated into an Essex ... Su H, Gonzalez-Martin O, Weisgold A, Lee E. Considerations of implant abutment and crown contour: critical contour and ... Accurate transfer of peri-implant soft tissue emergence profile from the provisional crown to the final prosthesis using an ...
Article | bhpriodentist
Crown Lengthening, Gum Grafts, Sedation Dentistry, Periodontal Disease Treatment, Gum Recession Prevention, and Cosmetic ... Dental Implant Bridge Beverly Hills. Laser Gum Surgery Beverly Hills. Los Angeles Periodontist. ... Peiman Soleymani received his doctorate in Dental Surgery from the UCLA School of Dentistry in 1997 and his degree in ...
US9861457B2 - System and method for effective planning, visualization, and optimization of dental restorations -...
In a further embodiment of the invention a dental restoration can be one or more inlays, onlays, veneers, crowns, bridges or ... Possibly, the software can assist with planning crown lengthening. In this context, step 2 can be beneficial, preventing the ... wherein the dental restoration can be one or more inlays, onlays, veneers, crowns, bridges or combinations thereof and/or the ... In a further embodiment of the invention said preparation guide provides assistance in relation to lengthening of crown(s), ...
Peter Xiang received his DMD in 1992 and PhD in 1997 from Wuhan University, China. He then joined the Provincial Hospital and ... Crown Lengthening. *Gum Recontouring. *Bone Grafting. *Tissue Regeneration. *Oral Cancer Screening. *Dental Implants *Single ... Peter Xiang received his DMD in 1992 and PhD in 1997 from Wuhan University, China. He then joined the Provincial Hospital and ...
Encino Dental Restorations
Crown Lengthening. Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or ... The crowns are used as anchors to hold a gum-colored bridge in place that the new tooth is secured to. The entire bridge is ... Patients can use a bridge to replace a tooth without undergoing surgery. In this procedure, a dental crown is placed on the two ... Dental crowns.. When a tooth is missing a large portion of its enamel, a dental crown is the best type of restoration because ...
Ask Dr. Brown | Gum Disease FAQ | Periodontist Philadelphia PA
Functional Crown Lengthening. *Cosmetic Crown Lengthening. *Dental Implants. *Laser Gum Treatment. *Pinhole Surgical Technique ... If you are not satisfied with your current tooth replacement option, such as a bridge or dentures, and may be interested in ... Gum disease may be passed from parents to children and between couples, according to an article in the September 1997 issue of ...
Alumni US | University of California, Berkeley, San Francisco Bay Area
Crown Lengthening, Sinus, Oral Medicine, Conscious Sedation, Oral Surgery, Clinical Research, Bone. ... Rock Bridge Senior High School 1984 - 1987. Columbia, MO, H.S. Diploma. West Junior High School 1981 - 1984. Columbia, MO. ... Earthquake Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Foundation Design, Structural Analysis, Bridge, Concrete, Soil, Civil ... Structural Analysis, Concrete, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Engineering, Inspection, Bridge, Transportation..., ...
Patent US20110160835 - Indirect-release electrolytic implant delivery systems - Google Patents
... of crowns may be reduced by taking out adjacent arm sections to turn what was a four-crown design on each end into a two-crown ... Detachable aneurysm neck bridge (I). US6200305 *. 30 Sep 1998. 13 Mar 2001. Medtronic Ave, Inc.. Catheter having a variable ... Its placement therein causes the stent to lengthen to about its full extent. The stent 82 includes projections serving as near ... Furthermore, the bridge sections 42 of stent 82 can be separated for compliance purposes. In addition, they may be otherwise ...
March | 2009 | EPR Healthcare News
I removed 1.2 mm of tissue and therefore changed the location of my uppermost point for measurement after the crown lengthening ... TS EMEA Takes "A Bridge to the Future" at the 29th World LPG Forum ... After anesthetizing the patient, the first step was to perform the soft and hard tissue crown lengthening in the maxillary ... Because the patients maxillary anterior teeth were short, it was determined that crown lengthening was necessary to support ...
DenturesFillingsProcedurePeriodontalVeneers and crownsTeeth WhiteningPeriodonticsPartialDentistryBone1992ProsthesesPorcelainRestorativeDentureClinicalOrthodonticTemporarySurgeryTreatmentsPatientsRestorationMethodsProceduresImpressionSmileSimilarVisitsCaseArticleEnamelYearUniversityMetalCavityTypicallyReplacesTimeLargeOrderMasterNaturalRemovableTypesSurfaceLong term
- Whether a patient is a candidate for complete dentures, a removable partial denture, dental implants, a fixed bridge or combination of treatment alternatives, Prosthodontists are well-educated to provide high-quality care. (anson-law.com)
- If you are not satisfied with your current tooth replacement option, such as a bridge or dentures, and may be interested in dental implants. (theperiogroup.com)
- The preparation design depends on the material that the crown will be made from, previous fillings , fractures , and root canal therapy . (rxlist.com)
- The preparation design depends on the material that the crown will be made from, previous fillings , fractures, and root canal therapy performed on the tooth while trying to maintain enough tooth structure for the crown to adhere onto. (medicinenet.com)
- Sometimes the tooth breaks all the way to the bone, and a crown-lengthening procedure is necessary. (rxlist.com)
- The major difference is that the crown surrounds the entire tooth, so there is additional stability that comes with this procedure. (taylordentalsmiles.com)
- D. Kohavi and N. Stern, "Crown lengthening procedure. (hindawi.com)
- In this procedure, a dental crown is placed on the two teeth that surround the missing one. (philipfarzaddds.com)
- We can correct this by performing the periodontal plastic surgery procedure, crown lengthening . (chandigarhdentist.com)
- The bonding procedure is an alternative to placing veneers or crowns or undergoing an orthodontic procedure. (parkavenuedentalwantagh.com)
- A variation on the implant procedure is the implant-supported bridge, or implant-supported denture. (bionity.com)
- J. Silness, "Periodontal conditions in patients treated with dental bridges. (hindawi.com)
- 2. The influence of full and partial crowns on plaque accumulation, development of gingivitis and pocket formation," Journal of Periodontal Research , vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 219-224, 1970. (hindawi.com)
- The periodontal plastic surgery treatments available from Dr. Rabalais include esthetic crown lengthening and functional crown lengthening. (prweb.com)
- It has been shown that FRC has a successful function in the oral cavity and has so far been used in the manufacture of crowns, bridges and periodontal splints . (bvsalud.org)
Veneers and crowns2
- In this case, veneers and crowns have been used to correct multiple problems including chipped teeth, an uneven gum line, and tooth discoloration. (rxlist.com)
- It is also non-invasive, making it an ideal restoration for children and adults who are too busy for alternative procedures like dental veneers and crowns. (parkavenuedentalwantagh.com)
- There are many cosmetic dentistry procedures that we can use including teeth whitening, dental veneers, dental crowns, and dental implants, among others. (taylordentalsmiles.com)
- Dr. Peiman Soleymani received his doctorate in Dental Surgery from the UCLA School of Dentistry in 1997 and his degree in Periodontics and Dental Implantology from Oregon Health Sciences University in 2000. (bhperiodontist.com)
- Dr. Carrie Berkovich received her Dental Doctorate degree (1994), Certificate of Postgraduate Residency in Periodontics (1997) and the Master of Science degree in Oral Biology (1997) all from Northwestern University in Chicago, IL. (sfperiodontist.com)
- Porcelain veneers are partial crowns that cover only the front and biting edge of teeth. (rxlist.com)
- It is only a half a kilometre or so from the Kinnaird Bridge eastward to the partial cloverleaf which peels the alternative 3A away from Crowsnest Highway, No.3, leaving the latter free to climb up the flank of Grassy Mountain and on over the Bombi Summit. (crowsnest-highway.ca)
- In 1997 he furthered his education and received an additional diploma in Oral Biology, while practicing dentistry in his private practice. (whatclinic.com)
- As a Prosthodontist, Dr Dennis Leong is a dentist who specialises in crowns, veneers, implant prostheses, full mouth reconstruction and aesthetic dentistry. (65doctor.com)
- At Boeriu Implant Dentistry we are committed since 1997 to continuously improve in all areas of treatment and working together to provide a shared vision of excellence in dental services. (boeriuimplantdentistry.ca)
- A dental bridge is a larger section of false teeth that are fixed in place with bone grafts or other methods. (anson-law.com)
- This means the bone and gums need to be trimmed down below the edge of the fractured part of the tooth so the margin of the crown can be placed on healthy, strong tooth structure. (rxlist.com)
- A dental implant is a surgical component that interfaces with the bone of the jaw or skull to support a dental prosthesis such as a crown, bridge, denture, facial prosthesis or to act as an orthodontic anchor. (sfperiodontist.com)
- Dr. Peter Xiang received his DMD in 1992 and PhD in 1997 from Wuhan University, China. (brandonperio.com)
- 1992 YOULATOS AND MELDRUM Alternately, multiple colonization lineages, or events, would have resulted in paraphyly in NWMs, as suggested by the analysis of antigenic determinants from selected serum proteins (Bauer and Schreiber, 1997). (docme.ru)
- The different types of fixed prostheses are also known as "indirect restorations" and can be used to repair one tooth … The main types of indirect restoration are shown below: Crown. (anson-law.com)
- Fixed prosthodontics or fixed prostheses refers to non-removable dental restorations such as crowns, bridges or implants. (anson-law.com)
- A crown can be made in an all-ceramic or all-porcelain material that surrounds the tooth entirely. (taylordentalsmiles.com)
- The "traditional bridge" is the most popular type and is usually made of porcelain fused to metal. (boeriuimplantdentistry.ca)
- Porcelain fixed bridges are most popular because they resemble your natural teeth. (boeriuimplantdentistry.ca)
- What is the most likely cause of long term clinical failure for a metal-ceramic crown with porcelain occlusal coverage on a molar? (docplayer.net)
- A functional crown lengthening may be performed in conjunction with other restorative or cosmetic treatments, often as a preparation for later crown or bridge work. (prweb.com)
- In dental practice, diagnostic wax-ups are created to visualize and plan restorative treatment, e.g., veneers or crowns on the anterior/front teeth. (google.com)
- Jaime offers single implants, bridge and denture retained implants. (cambridgedentalhub.co.uk)
- The part of the tooth that is visible in the mouth, above the gum line on lower teeth and below the gum line on upper teeth, is called the clinical crown . (medicinenet.com)
- The Replace Select implant with a tapered design was introduced on the market in 1997 and has been documented in several clinical studies (73-80, 85-92). (adandental.com.au)
- The first method is the use of orthodontic therapy alone, typically with fixed orthodontic braces, in an attempt to extrude posterior teeth in order to increase vertical dimension, lengthen the face, and correct the associated malocclusion. (cdeworld.com)
- This is a temporary crown that is placed on the tooth while waiting for the final crown to be made by the dental lab. (rxlist.com)
- Temporary crowns shouldn't be left on a tooth for very long because they are made of weak materials and cemented with weak cement that doesn't seal the tooth for very long. (rxlist.com)
- Occasionally, a temporary crown will purposely be left on for a prolonged period of time by the dentist to make sure it becomes free of pain or other symptoms. (rxlist.com)
- In these situations, it is best to leave a temporary crown on for a while to make sure the pain goes away and the tooth doesn't require a root canal. (rxlist.com)
- In addition, a temporary bridge will be made and worn for several weeks until your next appointment. (boeriuimplantdentistry.ca)
- Dr. Arauz received his first dental degree (Doctor in Dental Surgery, D.D.S.) from the University of Panama in Panama City, Panama in 1997 and then his second dental degree (Doctor in Dental Medicine, D.M.D.) from Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio in 2004. (healthgrades.com)
- Patients can use a bridge to replace a tooth without undergoing surgery. (philipfarzaddds.com)
- A general dentist also performs crown lengthening oral surgery. (blogspot.com)
- In 1993, she attended Marquette University Dental School and earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 1997. (drmargotdds.com)
- Due to the nature of lengthening procedures, recovery time is longer than that associated with gum graft treatments. (prweb.com)
- A cemented restoration that partially or completely covers the outside of the tooth is referred to as a dental crown or cap. (rxlist.com)
- When conditions allow, this is the preferred type of crown restoration. (rxlist.com)
- Replacing metal crowns with ceramic ones makes it possible to have the restoration that you need without anyone knowing your tooth had ever been damaged. (taylordentalsmiles.com)
- When a tooth is missing a large portion of its enamel, a dental crown is the best type of restoration because it is a cap that completely surrounds the tooth. (philipfarzaddds.com)
- The success of endodontic treatment depends on the quality of final restoration and endodontic treatment is not considered complete without restoration of the crown. (bvsalud.org)
- F. Palamo and R. A. Kopezyk, "Rationale and methods for crown lengthening," The Journal of the American Dental Association , vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 257-260, 1978. (hindawi.com)
- The graft and lengthening procedures performed by Dr. Rabalais address both esthetic and medical concerns related to the health of teeth and gums. (prweb.com)
- Next, a highly accurate impression (mold) is made which will be sent to a dental laboratory where the bridge will be fabricated. (boeriuimplantdentistry.ca)
- An esthetic crown lengthening can be used to treat a "gummy" smile - where the gum line extends too far down the surface of the tooth. (prweb.com)
- Similar lengthenings had been carried out on NCL's Dreamward and Windward the previous year. (wikipedia.org)
- Dental crowns can accomplish similar goals to veneers. (taylordentalsmiles.com)
- The process of placing a veneer is similar to that of a dental crown only with less tooth preparation. (philipfarzaddds.com)
- tutor_course count="6″] They can also be used to aid in removal of the crown in case there is an excessive amount of retention during the try-in. (anson-law.com)
- Gum disease may be passed from parents to children and between couples, according to an article in the September 1997 issue of the Journal of the American Dental Association. (theperiogroup.com)
- While the teeth are numb, the two anchoring teeth are prepared by removing a portion of enamel to allow for a crown. (boeriuimplantdentistry.ca)
- I have my front 4 teeth crowns(had a bike accident years ago) last year my 3 year old head butted me tooth problems headaches after sweet pain and knocked one out! (ikms.eu)
- Konstantinos graduated from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens in 1997. (cambridgedentalhub.co.uk)
- In the past, people may have had dental crowns that were made out of metal. (taylordentalsmiles.com)
- Crowns are used to fill a large part of a cavity along a visible tooth, while bridges are the largest fixed prosthodontics, replacing one whole tooth or two adjacent teeth. (anson-law.com)
- When a cusp has been damaged from a cavity or fracture , the tooth needs a crown to prevent further damage. (rxlist.com)
- When a tooth has a cavity or fracture that involves half the width of the tooth or more, it needs to be covered with a crown. (rxlist.com)
- At some point in the future, the tooth typically will need a crown to add support and further protection. (drfeeney.com)
- Occasionally your dentist may only temporarily cement the bridge, allowing your teeth and tissue time to get used to the new bridge. (boeriuimplantdentistry.ca)
- The new bridge will be permanently cemented at a later time. (boeriuimplantdentistry.ca)
- It is at this time that the days begin to lengthen in earnest, and the first signs of spring appear, though the calendar still says that it's winter. (angelfire.com)
- Sometimes a large filling that has been in the mouth for a while will need to be replaced with a crown because the tooth shows signs of stress and cracks around the filling. (rxlist.com)
- Crown lengthening - In order to expose more of the natural tooth, the periodontist can remove some of the surrounding gingival tissue. (lompocdentistry.com)
- This improves the appearance of the tooth and strengthens it since when a crown is used, nothing touches the natural tooth. (taylordentalsmiles.com)
- A dental tool device and method is disclosed by which a smooth beveled surface may be formed on a shoulder of a tooth for receiving a crown fitting so that the joint therebetween is concealed as lying substantially below the gum-line and a solid seal is formed between the tooth and crown. (google.ca)
- whereby an edge of said surface may be formed to lie below the gum providing a concealed joint between said tooth and crown work and said crown fitting seals solidly on said smooth surface. (google.ca)
- This is the edge of the crown that meets the prepared surface of the tooth. (rxlist.com)
- Crown, outslope, inslope road-surface shapes. (soilworks.com)
- Additionally environmentally sensitive maintenance practices reduce long term maintenance costs and lengthen maintenance cycles. (soilworks.com)