Automobiles: A usually four-wheeled automotive vehicle designed for passenger transportation and commonly propelled by an internal-combustion engine using a volatile fuel. (Webster, 1973)Automobile Driving: The effect of environmental or physiological factors on the driver and driving ability. Included are driving fatigue, and the effect of drugs, disease, and physical disabilities on driving.Accidents, Traffic: Accidents on streets, roads, and highways involving drivers, passengers, pedestrians, or vehicles. Traffic accidents refer to AUTOMOBILES (passenger cars, buses, and trucks), BICYCLING, and MOTORCYCLES but not OFF-ROAD MOTOR VEHICLES; RAILROADS nor snowmobiles.Industrial Oils: Oils which are used in industrial or commercial applications.Air Bags: Automotive safety devices consisting of a bag designed to inflate upon collision and prevent passengers from pitching forward. (American Heritage Dictionary, 1982)Seat Belts: Restraining belts fastened to the frame of automobiles, aircraft, or other vehicles, and strapped around the person occupying the seat in the car or plane, intended to prevent the person from being thrown forward or out of the vehicle in case of sudden deceleration.Gasoline: Volative flammable fuel (liquid hydrocarbons) derived from crude petroleum by processes such as distillation reforming, polymerization, etc.Vehicle Emissions: Gases, fumes, vapors, and odors escaping from the cylinders of a gasoline or diesel internal-combustion engine. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed & Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Legislation as Topic: The enactment of laws and ordinances and their regulation by official organs of a nation, state, or other legislative organization. It refers also to health-related laws and regulations in general or for which there is no specific heading.Industry: Any enterprise centered on the processing, assembly, production, or marketing of a line of products, services, commodities, or merchandise, in a particular field often named after its principal product. Examples include the automobile, fishing, music, publishing, insurance, and textile industries.Motor Vehicles: AUTOMOBILES, trucks, buses, or similar engine-driven conveyances. (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)Accident Prevention: Efforts and designs to reduce the incidence of unexpected undesirable events in various environments and situations.Eye Injuries: Damage or trauma inflicted to the eye by external means. The concept includes both surface injuries and intraocular injuries.Mechanics: The branch of physics which deals with the motions of material bodies, including kinematics, dynamics, and statics. When the laws of mechanics are applied to living structures, as to the locomotor system, it is referred to as BIOMECHANICAL PHENOMENA. (From Dorland, 28th ed)Inhalation Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents by inhaling them.Occupational Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents that occurs as a result of one's occupation.Whiplash Injuries: Hyperextension injury to the neck, often the result of being struck from behind by a fast-moving vehicle, in an automobile accident. (From Segen, The Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)Occupational Diseases: Diseases caused by factors involved in one's employment.Wounds and Injuries: Damage inflicted on the body as the direct or indirect result of an external force, with or without disruption of structural continuity.Incineration: High temperature destruction of waste by burning with subsequent reduction to ashes or conversion to an inert mass.Air Pollution, Indoor: The contamination of indoor air.Environmental Monitoring: The monitoring of the level of toxins, chemical pollutants, microbial contaminants, or other harmful substances in the environment (soil, air, and water), workplace, or in the bodies of people and animals present in that environment.New MexicoAutomobile Driver Examination: Government required written and driving test given to individuals prior to obtaining an operator's license.Wounds, Nonpenetrating: Injuries caused by impact with a blunt object where there is no penetration of the skin.Air Pollutants: Any substance in the air which could, if present in high enough concentration, harm humans, animals, vegetation or material. Substances include GASES; PARTICULATE MATTER; and volatile ORGANIC CHEMICALS.AcroleinSafety: Freedom from exposure to danger and protection from the occurrence or risk of injury or loss. It suggests optimal precautions in the workplace, on the street, in the home, etc., and includes personal safety as well as the safety of property.Carcinogens, Environmental: Carcinogenic substances that are found in the environment.Polycyclic Hydrocarbons, Aromatic: A major group of unsaturated cyclic hydrocarbons containing two or more rings. The vast number of compounds of this important group, derived chiefly from petroleum and coal tar, are rather highly reactive and chemically versatile. The name is due to the strong and not unpleasant odor characteristic of most substances of this nature. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 12th ed, p96)Human Engineering: The science of designing, building or equipping mechanical devices or artificial environments to the anthropometric, physiological, or psychological requirements of the people who will use them.Public Policy: A course or method of action selected, usually by a government, from among alternatives to guide and determine present and future decisions.Thoracic Injuries: General or unspecified injuries to the chest area.Air Pollutants, Occupational: Air pollutants found in the work area. They are usually produced by the specific nature of the occupation.Metallurgy: The science, art, or technology dealing with processes involved in the separation of metals from their ores, the technique of making or compounding the alloys, the techniques of working or heat-treating metals, and the mining of metals. It includes industrial metallurgy as well as metallurgical techniques employed in the preparation and working of metals used in dentistry, with special reference to orthodontic and prosthodontic appliances. (From Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p494)Polycyclic Compounds: Compounds consisting of two or more fused ring structures.Transportation: The means of moving persons, animals, goods, or materials from one place to another.MichiganEquipment Design: Methods of creating machines and devices.Environmental Exposure: The exposure to potentially harmful chemical, physical, or biological agents in the environment or to environmental factors that may include ionizing radiation, pathogenic organisms, or toxic chemicals.Aerosols: Colloids with a gaseous dispersing phase and either liquid (fog) or solid (smoke) dispersed phase; used in fumigation or in inhalation therapy; may contain propellant agents.Housing: Living facilities for humans.Lead: A soft, grayish metal with poisonous salts; atomic number 82, atomic weight 207.19, symbol Pb. (Dorland, 28th)Air Pollution: The presence of contaminants or pollutant substances in the air (AIR POLLUTANTS) that interfere with human health or welfare, or produce other harmful environmental effects. The substances may include GASES; PARTICULATE MATTER; or volatile ORGANIC CHEMICALS.United StatesStereognosis: Perception of shape and form of objects by TOUCH, via tactile stimuli.Patents as Topic: Exclusive legal rights or privileges applied to inventions, plants, etc.Kinesthesis: Sense of movement of a part of the body, such as movement of fingers, elbows, knees, limbs, or weights.Play and Playthings: Spontaneous or voluntary recreational activities pursued for enjoyment and accessories or equipment used in the activities; includes games, toys, etc.Movement: The act, process, or result of passing from one place or position to another. It differs from LOCOMOTION in that locomotion is restricted to the passing of the whole body from one place to another, while movement encompasses both locomotion but also a change of the position of the whole body or any of its parts. Movement may be used with reference to humans, vertebrate and invertebrate animals, and microorganisms. Differentiate also from MOTOR ACTIVITY, movement associated with behavior.Biomechanical Phenomena: The properties, processes, and behavior of biological systems under the action of mechanical forces.
"New car comparison: Mirage v Alto v Micra v Up". Drive - The Canberra Times. Retrieved 20 December 2013. "12 lightest cars in ... Good Car Bad Car (Mitsubishi Mirage Sales Figures Usa Canada) Motorpasion (Los 20 autos más Vendidos del 2015) FCA México (FCA ... Automobile Guide Book 1979/1980, p. 114 CG Car Archives '80s, p. 211 "Mitsubishi Colt 1400". Unique Cars and Parts. Retrieved ... The sixth generation was previewed as a concept car at the 2011 Geneva Auto Show, with series production cars unveiled at the ...
The Ford Panther platform is an automobile platform that was used by Ford Motor Company for full-size, rear-wheel drive sedans ... In the early 1990s, Chrysler resumed production of FWD full-size cars (the LH platform) and rear-wheel drive (the LX platform) ... The Presidential State Car built for President George H. W. Bush is based upon a 1989 Lincoln Town Car. Along with armor ... After production in the U.S. by Ford, the cars were shipped to China for final bodywork. The 2002 Mercury Marauder concept car ...
... if the Corvette is equipped with the right options it is a pleasant and rewarding car to drive and this 1973 example was one ... All cars ordered with a radio, like the C2 cars, continued to be fitted with chrome-plated ignition shielding covering the ... The L-82 was designed to come on strong at higher RPM and ordered with nearly 20% of the cars at a cost of $299. Car and Driver ... The resulting lower half of the car was much like the Mako II, except for the softer contours. The concept car's name was later ...
Zenlea, David (February 8, 2012). "First Drive: 2012 Toyota Prius C". Automobile. Retrieved 27 February 2016. ...featuring the ... "Kamm Tail AMX". Car and Driver. 14: 99. 1968. Retrieved 9 June 2014. Mitchell, Larry G. (2000). AMC Muscle Cars. Motorbooks. p ... Better highway systems being built in the 1930s called for higher automobile cruising and top speeds, thus, automobile ... Langworth, Richard M. (2000). Complete Book of Collectible Cars: 70 Years of Blue Chip Auto Investments 1930-2000. Publications ...
... the team drove the entire season in year-old cars Lola to save cost. When Pruett returned from injury in 1991, he drove the ... The Mid-Ohio School - A comprehensive driving and riding school, focusing on high performance, defensive driving, fleet ... Raul Boesel drove as a replacement for the entire season. His best finish was 6th place. Pruett spend the entire 1990 season on ... Truesports was an automobile racing team founded by Jim Trueman based in Hilliard, Ohio. The team is best known for winning the ...
The test car represented a compromise between a low air resistance and practicality in the automobile's size and shape. In the ... the SX/4 and Kammback are descended from the Spirit/Gremlin Witzenburg, Gary; Miller, Moss (September 1980). "Driving the new ... He is best known for his breakthrough in reducing car turbulence at high speeds; the style of car bodywork based on his ... In bodies such as automobiles and airships, drag decreases after the rear of a car's cross-sectional area is reduced to fifty ...
After racing touring cars and Formula 2 in Argentina, he moved to Europe in 1970 to drive a Brabham for the Automobile Club of ... Joining the Williams team for 1980 put him back in a competitive car once again. Reutemann used the FW07 car it to win at ... In 1985 he accepted another offer to drive the Argentinian Rally, this time by Peugeot. Driving a 205 T16 Reutemann again ... Reutemann was approached by Fiat during the 1980 F1 season with an offer to drive a Fiat 131 in the inaugural 1980 Codasur ...
Logan BK, Jones AW (July 2000). "Endogenous ethanol 'auto-brewery syndrome' as a drunk-driving defence challenge". Medicine, ... In rare cases, this can be sufficient to cause "auto-brewery syndrome" in which intoxicating quantities of alcohol are produced ... H2O In order to drive the equilibrium to the right and produce a good yield of ester, water is usually removed, either by an ... ISBN 0-471-52677-0. P. Geertinger MD; J. Bodenhoff; K. Helweg-Larsen; A. Lund (1 September 1982). "Endogenous alcohol ...
This car featured two "firsts"; it had the first transverse mounted V8 ever (the HT4100) and it was the first car to have a ... The rear wheel drive 1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham continued on nearly unchanged from the 1984 model. 1985 was the final ... The reason for the change was that Cadillac had introduced a new, smaller, front-wheel drive model in 1985 and named it simply ... In 1977 GM significantly down-sized their full sized cars. The De Ville and Fleetwood Brougham rode on the same 121.5" ...
He also drove in the USAC and CART Championship Car series. He competed during the 1975-1981 seasons, with 38 combined career ... Sheldon was the second cousin, 1x removed of Steve Kinser, the 20-time World of Outlaws sprint-car champion, and second cousin ... He was inducted into the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame in 1992. Sheldon Kinser at Find a Grave. ... Sheldon Kinser (December 9, 1942 - August 1, 1988), was an American race-car driver. Kinser, a Bloomington, Indiana native, ...
During his run in ASA Eddy drove the number 88 car. Eddy won his seven championships in 1974, 1976, 1981, 1982, 1989, 1991, and ... Michael Eddy (born July 17, 1952 in Midland, Michigan) is a stock car auto racer. He is most notable for racing in the now ... 75 car by RahMoc Enterprises, which was a prominent Winston Cup Series ride at the time. He turned it down because his GM ... Eddy was known to be an aggressive driver who wasn't shy about nudging slower cars out of his way. Because of the success that ...
He also had Jim VanDiver drive the car in two races. At the end of that year he sold the Imperial to Buddy Arrington. Gordon ... Gordon is not related to four-time NASCAR champion Jeff Gordon, and ironically both drove the 24 car. Gordon, who was married ... Gordon drove in the NASCAR Grand National and Winston Cup Series for 17 years and drove in a total of 449 races. He never won ... He started racing in Henley Gray and Bill Seifert cars. He generally raced in his own car beginning in 1970. He had a few other ...
The Renault Alliance is a front-wheel drive, front-engine subcompact automobile manufactured and marketed in North America by ... The Alliance used a Renault supplied OHV 1.4 L I4 engine from the Renault Le Car. Cars sold in 49-states came with a Renix ... The Alliance was listed as number one on Car and Driver's list of Ten Best cars for 1983. The magazine's editors wrote that it ... That's a high figure for any car and considerably above the norm for U.S. built cars." The magazine's editor-in-chief, John ...
KITT helps them evade capture by driving off a pier where he quickly sinks. Michael and Shawn are kept safe inside the car, but ... The studio was unable to use the real Pontiac Banshee IV concept car for the movie, so instead it hired Jay Ohrberg Star Cars ... The custom car can also be seen, albeit briefly, as a stolen supercar in CHiPs '99, and as a future police vehicle in Power ... The theme song, "Knight Rider 2000", by Jan Hammer was released on his 1994 album Drive. Knight Rider 2000 was filmed in two ...
He drove in the British Touring Car Championship from 2011-2016. He is the son of former British rallycross driver John Welch. ... In 2011, he stepped up to the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship, once again driving for his family team in a Proton ... After a difficult 2015 season, Welch revealed plans to sell their pair of Proton Gen-2 cars at the end of the season. (key) ( ... "Welch Motorsport put Proton cars up for sale". Andrew Abbott. TouringCars.Net. 13 October 2015. Retrieved 13 October 2015. ...
He died in 1983 from a heart failure while driving his car. A year earlier, in April 1982 he had traveled to Gothenburg to make ...
Sarit's death drove Ohana into depression and social seclusion. He enjoyed emotional support from his Yossi and Beitar's owner ... was in a fatal car accident. While spending most of his time with her at the hospital, his play suffered, leading some to ...
... www.thehindubusinessline.com/specials/auto-focus/suzuki-drives-indias-car-manufacturing-story/article9532545.ece  "Contact ... Viewers' Choice Car of the Year published by CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE, Overdrive is Indias No.1 Auto Publication for Cars and Bikes ... permanent dead link] "Top 3 auto companies hold 70% market share". timesofindia.com. Retrieved 28 January 2016. "Automobile ... in India, has awarded Maruti Suzuki Baleno the Viewers' Choice Car of the Year 2016 Companies portal Cars portal Cars in India ...
When Giacomelli was able to drive the Judd-powered car in Spain he found himself 18 seconds off the pace despite the new engine ... Auto Racing, Syracuse Herald Journal, May 30, 1976, Page 72. Auto Racing, Syracuse Herald Journal, May 29, 1978, Page 21. ... The car, saddled with an ineffectual and fragile W12 engine, struggled to get within 20 seconds of the pole time at many ... He drove a March to victory after starting from pole position. Giacomelli became the first Italian to win the European Formula ...
Johnson suffered injuries to his back and neck, and the crash effectively ended his Indy car driving career. Johnson resided in ... The shop specializes in custom paint jobs for helmets, race cars, and motorcycles. Johnson also served as a performance driving ... He drove in the Indianapolis 500 in 1982 and 1984. He finished in the top ten eight times, with his best finish in 6th position ... Also during this race, Rick Mears bumped into the back of his car on a lap 183 pit stop. For his next race Johnson, who runs a ...
Kenny Wallace drove the No. 88 on an interim basis until Rudd healed, except at Talladega, where Mike Wallace drove the car. ... 7 Sanyo car for Nelson Malloch, for whom he had one tenth-place run. In 1981, Rudd signed with DiGard Motorsports to drive the ... the president of Al Rudd Auto Parts. He began racing as a teenager in karting and motocross, but did not attempt stock car ... Rudd drove up to second spot with 3 laps left, and when the white flag was waved Rudd tapped Davey Allison to take the lead. ...
"Test Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0S", Autos.ca, May 11, 2007. Retrieved May 1, 2011. MacKenzie, Angus. "2007 Motor Trend Car of ... making the car a selectable four-wheel-drive (not all-wheel-drive) vehicle. 1989 saw a subtle change in the body style of the ... auto. Acceleration 0-60 mph in 8.5 seconds for a 95 GXE M/T (Car and Driver 6/95). SR20DE: 2.0 (1,998 cc) DOHC with a 7,300 rpm ... Regarding the safety of the B11 model, it was ranked the seventh safest car in a rank made by the Center for Auto Safety in ...
... mostly with cars from the Ford marque. In 1973 he finished third overall in the British Touring Car Championship, driving a ... Vince Woodman (born 6 August 1938) is a British retired auto racing driver. He started racing in 1965 and competed mainly in ... He finished fifth in the BTCC in 1982, winning four races outright, the last ever wins for a Ford Capri. http://www.racecar.com ...
Later, she released a cover of the Beatles' "Drive My Car" (also released as "Baby You Can Drive My Car"). She also released a ... "Drive My Car" (also released as "Baby You Can Drive My Car") (1980) "La Poupée qui fait non" (1980) "Things Fall Apart" (1981 ... "Cristina - Drive My Car". Retrieved 2014-07-25. Fan site Discography on ZE Records Cristina at Discogs Vinyl discography at the ... Wayback Machine 2004 interview 1980 review Dusted review of album reissues 1982 New York Times wedding notice Essay by Richard ...
He was killed by a car driving on red light in Milan. "Milano, muore travolto da auto un ex olimpionico della scherma". Milano. ... a five-time sailing captain of the Italian team at the Admiral Cup and won an international race in the 3/4 ton class in 1982 ...
So when we drive out the contemptible Vietnamese and gain peace, I will retire if the comrades so desire. But if I return now, ... and sandals made from car tyres. These restrictions were initially imposed on the Cham ethnic group before being rolled out ... wanting to drive the Vietnamese Army out. Boosted by the new Chinese supplies, the Khmer Rouge rebuilt its military ... On 7 January Pol Pot and other senior government figures left the city and drove to Pursat. They spent two days there ...
Visit Autoweb for a great choice of Used Proton Cars. We have a large selection of second hand Proton Gen-2s from both ... But serious car owners would caution against the downsides to driving, owning, and maintaining the car. Its a short term ... Free Car Ad. Advertise your car on Autoweb for free, simply fill out the form on the next page ... and designs of more prominent car manufacturers. Youll want to look into the Ford cars first if you are looking for ...
Choose 1A Auto for high quality parts at great prices! Free shipping for all 1982 - 1995 Chevy Cavalier parts. ... Socket Drive: 3/8 Drive. *Product Grade: Heavy Duty. *Socket Size: 7/8 ... Corporate: 1A Auto, 10 Technology Park Dr., Suite 101, Westford, MA 01886 Shipping: 1A Auto, 15250 South Green Rd., Olathe, KS ...
Choose 1A Auto for high quality parts at great prices! Free shipping for all 1982 - 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais parts. ... Socket Drive: 3/8 Drive. *Product Grade: Heavy Duty. *Socket Size: 7/8 ... Copyright © 1999-2019 - 1A Auto Parts, All Rights Reserved. 10 Technology Park Dr., Suite 101, Westford, MA 01886 ...
... rear-drive, intermediate, four-door sedans. Jedlicka, Dan (May 1, 1995). "American Tradition is Still Around - The Big Car ... "Full-size car" is a marketing term used in North America for an automobile larger than a mid-size car. Traditional U.S. full- ... a strong point of a true full-size car. Police cars in the United States are almost always full-size cars, such as the Ford ... Official US government car size class definitions use of "large cars" in "Best Luxury Large Cars 2008 from USA News. ...
Approximate value of a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe CM Highlander Wagon 7st 5dr Spts Auto 6sp 4x4 2.2DT [MY10] is between 16900 and ... SELL YOUR CAR Buying and Selling Tips Car Valuations Create an Ad Manage my Ads RESEARCH Drive car of the year News Reviews ... SEARCH FOR CARS New car showroom New car search Used cars for sale New car special offers Showroom Videos MEMBER CENTRE ... Advertise your used car for sale for free across drive.com.au and themotorreport.com.au. List your car for sale ...
SELL YOUR CAR Buying and Selling Tips Car Valuations Create an Ad Manage my Ads RESEARCH Drive car of the year News Reviews ... SEARCH FOR CARS New car showroom New car search Used cars for sale New car special offers Showroom Videos MEMBER CENTRE ... Here at drive.com.au, we reach over 1 million car buyers per month, which provides us with tremendous buying power when it ... Tell us about yourself and our concierge service will assist you in finding your next new car. Name*. ...
Cars and trucks, built in Cleveland. Clymer, pp.5, 178, & 190. Friction-drive, built in Wisconsin. Clymer, p.153. Freund, Klaus ... Auto Parts (see King-Remick) Auto Tricar (1914) Auto Two (see Buffalo) Auto Vehicle (see Tourist) Avanti (1963-2007) Babcock ( ... Auto-Bug (1909-1910) Auto Cub (1956) Auto Cycle (1906-1907) Auto Dynamic (1900-1902) Autoette (1910-1913) Autoette (1948-1970) ... Kimes, p.74 Front-wheel drive, built in New York City; allegedly the first FWD car. Clymer, pp.178 & 205. King-Remick Distinct ...
Classic Industries offers a wide selection of 1982 Pontiac Firebird parts, including 1982 Pontiac Firebird interior parts and ... 1982 Pontiac Firebird emblems, 1982 Pontiac Firebird weatherstrip and unique accessories, to nearly every nut and bolt needed ... soft trim, 1982 Pontiac Firebird exterior sheet metal, 1982 Pontiac Firebird moldings, ... Drive Belts (21) * Air Cleaners &…(237) * Bottom End (61) * Cold Air Intake (1) ...
The car acted like it went into nuetral while driving down the highway. - Answered by a verified Mechanic for Honda ... The car acted like it went into nuetral while driving down the highway. Pulled over & tried to restart the engine. Car sounds ... When I turn off the car and the ignition is off the car continues to run how do I turn off the … read more ... When I turn off the car and the ignition is off the car. ... did the car stall?. is it making a whirring type sound when you ...
Belts, Serpentine Drive & V Belts. *Brakes Pads, Shoes & Parts. *Chemicals, Additives & Fluids ... Brandsport Auto Parts 211 Grimes St Suite F Eugene, OR 97402 541-341-6555 ... 1990 (1982-2013) Chevrolet Silverado Truck Fuel Filter 7.4 L 8 cyl Sold Individually K&N #kn-pf-1000-fuel-filter. ... Home , Engine, Exhaust, Brakes & Suspension , Fuel Filters , 1982-2013 Fuel Filter K&N #PF-1000 , 1990 (1982-2013) Chevrolet ...
Random ass question how many cars have you owned in your lifetime ? My number is 5 in 55 ish years. Ive only bought one brand- ... Great fun car to drive, but high maintenance. Fortunately I had a foreign auto shop that did great work for reasonable rates. ... Most of them were POS cars that i bought and drive into the ground and /or crashed / destroyed. Had the same car for over 2 ... Toyota Corolla (This car lasted forever) Mazda MPV (mini-van) Corbin Sparrow (electric car.... car #157 produced while still in ...
Why am I not allowed to jump in "your" car, modify it as I wish (to start the ignition), and drive away? Because, somewhere in ... But cars today are a very far cry from cars that were around back then. Think for a moment, cars now have ABS, passive ... Personally, Im going to take a page from Cuba and continue driving and maintaining old cars. Im not sure what year the real ... One reason car companies collect this data is to steal the car back from you (repossess it) in the event of non-payment. The ...
The sheriffs office is searching for a man driving Montoyas silver-gray 1982 Chevrolet Chevette station wagon, license plates ... Neighbors said they saw a man switch New Mexico license plates from his car to Montoyas car. ... TAYLORSVILLE WOMAN FOUND SLAIN AT HOME,BR, LAW OFFICERS SEEK DRIVER OF VICTIMS CAR. By Robert Rice, Staff Writer ...
Among other things, Americans are buying fewer cars, so less coal is needed to fire giant steel plants that make parts for the ... Neither hunger is evident to someone driving through this mountainous area on the main, but potholed, roads. Attractive, though ... Theyre trying to balance the budget on the backs of the poor people, says disabled auto mechanic John Handshoe, who grew up ... auto industry.. There is another force at work here. Led by President Reagan, the federal government is cutting back on ...
Drive system for toy cars. US4479327. 5 Nov 1982. 30 Oct 1984. Mitsuwa Kogyo Co., Ltd.. Electric car with winch having ... the drive wheel 700 includes a drive pin 710, a convex portion 715, and a concave portion 720. The drive wheel 700 is coupled ... If the drive pin 710 engages the second slot 760, then the convex portion 715 of the drive wheel 700 disengages the second ... the first set of gears and cams includes a drive wheel 700 coupled through a main drive 707 to other gears and cams and to a ...
car details work place Police record caught with pot 1982 council tax details Passport Driving license details Bank details( ... driving licence number and details of what bank accounts you hold. After all, if youre a law-abiding citizen, what could you ... The majority of criminals are on drugs or its impulse crime.They will smash your car window or your face with whatever they can ... The majority of criminals are on drugs or its impulse crime.They will smash your car window or your face with whatever they can ...
China Bans Self-Driving Car Testing. Innovation hits some bumps. Robots That Feel Real Emotions. How do you feel about ... Yandex Self-Driving Taxi Is Very Smooth. The big car was slowing down, its computer brain sensing an exit ahead. - Arthur C. ... Tesla Promises Fully Autonomous Cars By 2018. Its been a criminal offense for at least a hundred years to drive manually on a ... Teslas New Autopilot, With Test Drive Video. As the beautiful old car cruised in almost perfect silence under the guidance of ...
Great track day car. Full cage, race suspension, strong VR6 engine. 196hp, 190lb-ft, 2400 lbs. Fun and easy car to drive at the ... Road Cars - TOP Projects. 1959 Abarth ALLEMANO PROJECT CAR This Abarth will be sold to make a race car and will be sold on a ... ROAD CARS - PROJECTS - TOP , Race Cars For Sale , Help , Engines , Gearboxes , Transporters , New Listings , Archive , Sell ... Out of about 30right hand drive cars built this is the only one with this spec sheet. The car is road legal and trades are ...
German car manufacturers have all opened factories in China. Hainan Island is full of Buicks, for reasons that escape me - I ... On the outskirts of Beijing I saw people driving mule carts. Im not exaggerating - real live mules pulling carts. I had never ... No one owned a private car. No one. I traveled from south to north of the country, and everyone was on bicycles. The only ... My first trip into Mainland China was in 1982. ...
L. Evans (1987) Young driver involvement in severe car crashes. Alcohol, Drugs, Driving 3, 63-78.Google Scholar ... R. Zylman (1972) Drivers records: are they a valid measure of driving behavior? Accident Anal. Prey. 4, 333-349.Google Scholar ... M. E. Vegega and M. D. Klitzner (1989) Drinking and driving among youth: a study of situational risk factors. Health Educ. Q. ... C. L. Popkin (1991) Drinking and driving by young females: recent trends in North Carolina. Accident Anal. Prey. 23, 37-44. ...
"Highway Driving Rule Changes Sides". History of Automobiles - The Early Days in Nova Scotia, 1899-1949. Retrieved 27 August ... Miller, Wayne (2015). Car Crazy: The Battle for Supremacy between Ford and Olds and the Dawn of the Automobile Age. ... "Over 20,000 Right Hand Drive Cars Imported in Kyrgyzstan in 2012". The Gazette of Central Asia. Satrapia. 8 May 2013.. ... where a side-car is attached to a mechanically propelled bicycle, the side-car shall be ... fitted on the left side of the ...
Interactive driving simulation is attractive for a variety of applications, including screening, training and licensing, due to ... The drivers ability to control the lateral position of an automobile is dependent on his perception of the command path ( ... In interactive driving simulation, vehicle dynamics models must provide appropriate computation for sensory feedback such as ... A combined biodynamic and vehicle model is used to assess the vibration and performance of a human operator performing driving ...
When a decent car cost $5000, a gallon of gas cost a buck to a buck and a half. People will drive all around town to save a ... Car manufacturers (by law) have to sell a certain number of efficient cars for every inefficient car they sell -- so very ... The Prius is a great car. My wife and I have had ours for a little over a month. Its quiet, roomy, fun to drive (we fight over ... Being in the auto industry myself... Ive formed a few opinions.. *While consumers drive the introduction of new technology in ...
Mallory is ready to buy a car, but she needs a co-signer on the loan. Steven refuses to do it because Mallory wants to drive on ... Jennifer has her learners permit; Steven & Elyse compete to show who is better driving instructor. Also, Skippy has trouble ... One day with Nick, he runs in the street and is hit by a car. ...
... car comparisons and pricing tools. We have 7,119,130 new and used cars in our database with prices starting as low as $3,495. ... Find your perfect car with Edmunds expert and consumer car reviews, dealer reviews, ... New Car Test Drive called it ...quiet and refined for a small car. Built on a strong, stiff platform, it delivers crisp ... "Torque steer is a problem in front-wheel-drive cars with (lots of) power, and the Cobalt SS is no exception. As soon as the ...
1983Pontiac Firebird19741979199019811992Coupe19891996DrivenFuel1987Mainland ChinaNorth America19851980Liter20191977YearFatalities20171988YearsLitreAccidentsSubstantiallyCrashesVehicle1000EngineRear1959SeatsRabbitRoadWorseKITTOwnership199319672000Ignition1976CadillacRestorationRiseEconomicalCollisionAlcoholDieselDriver'sUSACStricterWheel DriveFewerCity'sDrunkFumesAmericanMechanicSports carBrooksBlue collarEnthusiastCamaroExhaustMain
- Classic Industries offers a wide selection of Paint and Chemicals for your 1982 Pontiac Firebird. (classicindustries.com)
- Classic Industries offers 1982 Pontiac Firebird Car Care Systems. (classicindustries.com)
- Heading back in time to the classic muscle cars, you might like to drive a 1969 Camaro SS, seen in many films over the years, a 1965 Ford Mustang: probably the most iconic American muscle car or a 1982 Pontiac Firebird: a TV show hero. (virginexperiencedays.co.uk)
- Or maybe your dream car was a 1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am coupe with its 400 cubic inch engine and its Smokey and the Bandit fame - you'd find one of those here, too, and it's all original except for shiny new paint in Firebird Blue. (torquenews.com)
- Chrysler had the huge misfortune of introducing two consecutive new designs of its largest cars, in 1974 and 1979, during times when gasoline prices suddenly increased. (wikipedia.org)
- From 1974 to 1982, Lotus produced the considerably larger Type 75 and later the Type 83 4-seat Elite II . (wikicars.org)
- 2 On May 22, 1981, while driving north on Highway 89-91 near Logan, Utah, Mr. Campbell unsafely passed a car driven by Robert Slusher (Slusher). (findlaw.com)
- 3 In September 1981, Slusher filed an action against Mr. Campbell, Ospital's estate (Ospital), and Kenneth Brooks (the owner of the car driven by Todd Ospital) for damages resulting from the collision. (findlaw.com)
- Yarborough posted his first win for car owner M.C. Anderson , but the story of the race was a loud protest by Bobby Allison over NASCAR-mandated reduction of the spoiler of his 1981 Pontiac Lemans to reduce the car's aerodynamic efficiency. (wikipedia.org)
- But Alan Hoskin, statistical department manager for the National Safety Council in Chicago, said the council's figures indicated driving mileage in 1981 had gone up, not down. (washingtonpost.com)
- Ben Kelley, senior vice president of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, cautioned that it was difficult to explain the 1981 drop, but he said worsening economies have led to a reduction in driving. (washingtonpost.com)
- The March figures for the two years were almost the same, but the later months of 1981 showed a consistent decline, at the same time that the economy was worsening and publicity about new drunken driving laws was increasing. (washingtonpost.com)
- M. E. Fortini (1992) Adolescent Drinking and Driving: Attitudes and Behaviors. (springer.com)
- Health and Welfare Canada (1992) National Survey on Drinking and Driving 1988. (springer.com)
- Driven as the #58 car by Joe Varde, Don Knowles and Hans Stuck to back-up Hurley Haywood's 91 SuperCar Drivers Championship as #58, it was renumbered in Brumos' traditional number #59 for the 1992 season when it won the SuperCar championship for Porsche. (conceptcarz.com)
- Chief Instructor/Vice President, Hurley Haywood, takes students for fast laps at speeds up to 160 mph in the actual car to win the IMSA SuperCar Championship in 1992. (conceptcarz.com)
- On February 27, 1992, Stella Liebeck, a 79-year-old woman from Albuquerque, New Mexico, ordered a 49¢ cup of coffee from the drive-through window of a local McDonald's restaurant. (cnn.com)
- Prior to her lawsuit, there had been approximately 700 other burn cases involving McDonald's between 1982 and 1992. (cnn.com)
- Chopped 66 coupe, drives better than new thanks to rebuilt suspension and air ride technologies. (ridetech.com)
- Powered by GM's supercharged 556-hp 6.2-liter LSA V-8 and available as a two-door coupe, four-door sedan, or radical four-door wagon, the CTS-V line is easily the quickest series of cars Cadillac has ever built. (popularmechanics.com)
- 1982 Gold Coupe, gone. (digitalcorvettes.com)
- I am in Ireland and own a 1982 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance Coupe 4.100. (carsurvey.org)
- M. E. Vegega and M. D. Klitzner (1989) Drinking and driving among youth: a study of situational risk factors. (springer.com)
- 1 On August 24, 1989, plaintiffs Curtis B. and Inez Preece Campbell, sued State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company for damages arising from State Farm's decision to try a third-party automobile accident case in which Mr. Campbell was the defendant, rather than accepting offers to settle for the policy limits of Mr. Campbell's insurance policy. (findlaw.com)
- 1993 BMW DE / Race Car, street legal with Cat, and can be driven to the track. (race-cars.com)
- For 10 years, his dad drove it every day - until it was garaged in 1982 and never driven again. (uncrate.com)
- Ammo NYC took on the project of getting the car out of the garage and bringing it back to a factory shine, making it look like it was driven yesterday and 37 years ago. (uncrate.com)
- Have you driven a 1982 Volkswagen Rabbit ? (cargurus.com)
- This unsafe maneuver forced a southbound car, driven by Todd Ospital, to veer onto the shoulder of the road and collide with Slusher's car a split second later. (findlaw.com)
- I'd driven the Mirage, but this was the Cosworth-engined T280 and it was a glorious car to drive. (motorsport.com)
- I think Lola were very lucky to have him on board because he'd driven the cars and knew how good they were. (motorsport.com)
- Had my grandmother driven, I picture her driving a Buick or Oldsmobile like my grandfather. (curbsideclassic.com)
- I have honestly never driven a slower car, but there's something about being in that car that makes you in no hurry. (carsurvey.org)
- Traffic is building and we're up to our oxsters in LED-swathed crossovers driven by inattentive morons, in a car with all the safety equipment of a penny-farthing. (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- The absurd, defeating spectacle of 300-plus hp cars (commonplace today) with 150 MPH top speeds that have the capability to go from rest to 60 in less than 7 seconds (and some a lot more quickly than that) being driven - if you can call it that - as feebly as a 1982 K-Car with 86 hp. (spectator.org)
- Also, it's got bloody good fuel economy for a 20-year old car, I'm averaging 18 km/L. (dropzone.com)
- The EV and Fuel Cell folks have continuously shot *themselves* in the foot by insisting that the EV/FC will instantly replace existing automobiles rather than finding a niche and growing from there. (slashdot.org)
- Great car dependable great in snow Fuel efficient wish I still had it. (cargurus.com)
- Fuel pump works but car will only run for a few seconds unless you keep the starter engaged. (cargurus.com)
- This can be many things, we need more informations about your car and his condition (does the engine get the fuel he need (even if you said that the fuel pump work, did you get the fuel pressure on the line? (cargurus.com)
- When a fuel tank is not sealed, fumes escape 24-7, even when the car is parked. (hotrod.com)
- This can happen from fuel sloshing in the tank or if the car was parked on an extreme angle. (hotrod.com)
- Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry. (toyotanation.com)
- B. A. Jonah and N. E. Dawson (1987) Youth and risk: age differences in risky driving, risk perception, and risk utility. (springer.com)
- D. Elliott (1987) Self-reported driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs and the risk of alcohol/drug related accidents. (springer.com)
- L. Evans (1987) Young driver involvement in severe car crashes. (springer.com)
- Full-size car" is a marketing term used in North America for an automobile larger than a mid-size car. (wikipedia.org)
- Use of the term in North America became popular (and necessary) after the introduction of compacts by the U.S. "Detroit Big Three" for the 1960 model year, and then a few years later the introduction of what became known as mid-size cars. (wikipedia.org)
- The car is powered by a 3.3 liter turbocharged engine mated to a 5-speed manual transmission with 4-wheel disc/ABS brakes and capable of 0-60 mph in 4.52 seconds. (conceptcarz.com)
- His significant injuries wouldn't stop him from racing just months later at Sebring in a 3.0-liter Monza Ferrari (co-driving with Phil Hill) with his arm in a special cast and his hand taped to the steering wheel. (automobilemag.com)
- During the year, he tried to get me to drive for him. (motorsport.com)
- He's a fixture at nearly fifty IndyCar, Sprint Cup, and prototype sports car races a year-a stocky, formidable figure exuding a sense of self-confidence so robust that critics perceive it as arrogance. (automobilemag.com)
- In other countries that have passed stiffer drunken driving laws, she said, "You had an improvement in the first six months to a year, and then it goes up again. (washingtonpost.com)
- Remarkably, almost all the cars in the Gateway Museum are still road worthy and a few of them make it out for a drive every year at an annual event. (torquenews.com)
- I'm actually a mechanic, and replaced everything on my own, but things in a 30 year old car tend to wear out. (carsurvey.org)
- As a result, when a 4 1/2-year-old black longhaired cat named Friend sauntered into the middle of the road, a man driving by at about Truth Speed couldn't avoid him. (washingtonpost.com)
- The RBT law in NSW was very extensively advertised and vigorously enforced, with about a million tests in the first year out of a licensed driving population of three million. (druglibrary.org)
- This is the sixth year of the Spring Thaw, an event run by Classic Car Adventures in BC, and I've signed up my father and I as a birthday present for the old man. (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- About 5.8% of 16- and 17-year-olds and 15.1% of 18- to 20-year-olds reported driving under the influence of alcohol in the past year. (edgarsnyder.com)
- A diagnosis of angina ended his racing career in 1960 (part of a lifelong battle with heart disease), but not before he won the USAC driving championship that year. (automobilemag.com)
- Since then, alcohol-related driving fatalities have decreased substantially. (howstuffworks.com)
- In 1982, 60 percent of automobile-related fatalities involved alcohol. (howstuffworks.com)
- Auto fatalities fell following a concerted government focus on national highway safety, resulting in car safety improvements as well as a wide range of regulatory, legal, and public health measures. (thefix.com)
- The national death toll figures compiled by the National Center for Statistics and Analysis under the NHTSA are based on state reports of fatalities on roadways and do not include parking lot and other off-street auto accidents that the National Safety Council adds to its totals, said Grace Hazzard, data retrieval specialist with the center. (washingtonpost.com)
- 10 percent of all teen driving fatalities in 2016 involved distracted driving. (edgarsnyder.com)
- I've put 100k on this car to it's current 240k, it's never let me down once in the last three years. (cargurus.com)
- I think Eric Broadley designed the greatest sportscars out there for many years, especially the three-litre and the two-litre cars. (motorsport.com)
- If you've watched a car film in the past few years you'll probably recognise the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, most famously seen in yellow with a beefy go-faster stripe down the middle. (virginexperiencedays.co.uk)
- Data pertaining to the last car journey, similar to those collected for cases, were obtained for each child attending the clinic and for any sibling aged 13 years. (bmj.com)
- That's 110 years of memorable cars, lousy cars, and a lot of cars no one cares about. (popularmechanics.com)
- For the rest of their 53 years of marriage, they were a one-car couple. (curbsideclassic.com)
- I also recall one specific memory in her final years when she was enamored over a car we saw in a parking lot. (curbsideclassic.com)
- For the past 100 years, car crashes have been the nation's leading cause of accidental death. (thefix.com)
- Kelley and other safety experts also mentioned the possible impact of publicity about stricter drunken driving laws in some states and new laws passed in about 20 states in the last three years requiring children to be strapped in while riding. (washingtonpost.com)
- Whichever way your taste might wander, there something for you in Scottsdale - whether its classic antiques from 1910 to1940, luxury sports cars from 1950 and beyond or pickups old and new, classics of the early four-wheel era like Jeepsters, Salon cars across the years or late model supercars - there is something for every taste at Barrett-Jackson. (torquenews.com)
- So my 2000 Solara is getting on up there in years and miles so I thought I would begin shopping for another car. (toyotanation.com)
- edit: forgot to mention, since I was in Auto Shop class my junior and senior years, I had the "privilege" of working on some of these pieces of junk. (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- Two years later, while co-driving with Roy Salvadori for the Aston Martin factory team, he won Le Mans. (automobilemag.com)
- By then racing had become his passion, and he kept his hat in the ring, picking up a Goodyear Racing Tires distributorship and opening a high-performance driving school with Peter Brock as an instructor - which, years later, would be passed on to ex-Shelby American driver Bob Bondurant, who continues to operate the school to this very day. (automobilemag.com)
- We tended to share out a lot of the work and I did a lot on the T260, the Can-Am car that Jackie Stewart drove, and worked on the two and three-litre sportscars, plus the Atlantic car. (motorsport.com)
- Now wearing a 2+2 Grand Tourer body, 3600 lb car packs a 5.0 litre V8 producing 542 hp and 530 lb-ft of torque (611 hp in the R-tuned version) mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. (wikicars.org)
- METHODS Case-control study of 78 children presenting to an accident and emergency (A&E) department having sustained an injury while travelling in a car, and 97 children attending an A&E outpatient clinic with conditions unrelated to road traffic accidents. (bmj.com)
- For the first time in nearly a century, automobile accidents are no longer the nation's leading cause of accidental deaths, according to a major report released Tuesday by the National Center for Health Statistics. (thefix.com)
- That tally marks a 90 percent increase in poisonings and a 15 percent decrease in car accidents since 1999. (thefix.com)
- Warner and her colleagues at the agency, which is overseen by the CDC, are at pains to draw comparisons between oxy-type drug deaths and those from auto accidents, because they hope that the same comprehensive approach that helped cut traffic deaths in half during the previous decade can save just as many lives on the drug front. (thefix.com)
- In major reviews of the effectiveness of such measures in many jurisdictions, and also of new laws such as the British Road Safety Act 1967 (which introduced breath testing equipment to Britain), Ross (1982) concluded that at best only temporary reductions in road accidents can be achieved. (druglibrary.org)
- Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for teens ages 15 to 20. (edgarsnyder.com)
- No matter what the cause, car accidents are scary and can cause life-changing injuries. (edgarsnyder.com)
- 12% of distracted drivers involved in fatal car accidents were teens ages 15 to 19. (edgarsnyder.com)
- About 1/4 of fatal teen car accidents involve underage drinking and driving. (edgarsnyder.com)
- 70 % of young drivers who died in underage drinking and driving accidents didn't use a seat belt. (edgarsnyder.com)
- A combined biodynamic and vehicle model is used to assess the vibration and performance of a human operator performing driving and other tasks. (sae.org)
- The objectives and architecture are discussed, and then a preliminary version of this package is demonstrated in an example where a HMMWV (High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle) operator is performing a driving task. (sae.org)
- If the driver can't be authenticated it'll send a photo to the vehicle owner's phone asking for permission for this person to drive the vehicle. (slashdot.org)
- A number of factors contribute to the risk of collisions, including vehicle design , speed of operation, road design , road environment, driving skills, impairment due to alcohol or drugs , and behavior, notably distracted driving, speeding and street racing . (wikipedia.org)
- Others use different forms of harvesting either to charge the traction batteries or to drive autonomous devices as we progress to the wireless vehicle. (4evriders.org)
- Indeed, multiple forms of energy harvesting on one vehicle is becoming much more common from cars to superyachts. (4evriders.org)
- The inside of the car is spacious and very comfortable, the original leather interior has remained intact during the duration of my ownership of the vehicle. (carsurvey.org)
- For being such a large car, the vehicle is surprisingly economical as far as MPG. (carsurvey.org)
- About 8.2% of high school students reported driving a car or other vehicle one or more times when they had been drinking alcohol. (edgarsnyder.com)
- 2008 Vantage 8 (19,000 miles ) Converted to Corvette C6 Drive train,engine,torque tube trans/diff assembly, Mansory body kit, HRE wheels. (race-cars.com)
- Me and My dad rebuilt the engine and most of the car. (cargurus.com)
- i was driving to a friends house and it started making a knocking noise and losing power and i pulled into my friends driveway and it was smoking from the sides of the engine smelled like oil so i l. (cargurus.com)
- The 1982 Rabbit's engine displaces 1715cc and boasts 74 hp (SAE net) at 5000 rpm, with 94 lb-ft of torque at 3000. (roadandtrack.com)
- My car did have electrical issues with the engine control though and I can remember stalling at the worst times. (carsurvey.org)
- I'm about ready to change out the valve stem seals, radiator, lower engine mounts, all the rubber bushings in the suspension, and just keep driving my current car. (toyotanation.com)
- It has done to the art of driving what silica will do to an internal combustion engine if mixed with the oil. (spectator.org)
- Al's car had blown its engine during qualifying and Foyt generously offered a ride to the dejected young rookie. (unserracingmuseum.com)
- The first automobile powered by an internal combustion engine was invented and designed in Germany during the 1880s. (thefreedictionary.com)
- In 1961, when AC Cars in England lost Bristol, its engine supplier, Shelby contacted the company and outlined a plan to use the chassis to build a V-8-powered sports car, which AC approved. (automobilemag.com)
- Rear sensors allow for safer parking but that's not much of an exchange given how awkward the car performs even on low speeds. (autoweb.co.uk)
- Lotus's first saloon car was front engined with rear wheel drive. (wikicars.org)
- To handle the extra weight of the Rabbit, the front spring rate was made 22 percent stiffer than the Golf's (or the 1982 Rabbit's), and the rear springs were changed from progressive to linear-while their rate is the same as the Golf's, they are 29 percent stiffer than those of this year's Rabbit. (roadandtrack.com)
- Displaying all 4 1982 Volkswagen Rabbit reviews . (cargurus.com)
- !982 Vw Rabbit - It is a 1982 vw rabbit 5-speed stick, with less than 100,000 km on it. (cargurus.com)
- They are meant to leave a huge streak across the deck lid after a spirited drive (or in Dan's case, collect rabbit fur). (digitalcorvettes.com)
- Get yourself down to your nearest Volkswagen dealer and ask to take a test drive in the new Rabbit GTI, then call your loved ones and tell them you'll be home in a couple days, because if you're anything like us, that's how long it will take you to come back down. (roadandtrack.com)
- Now, we've been fortunate enough to drive VW's Golf (Rabbit) GTI in Germany and have always come away with sensory imbalance-how can a car that looks like a Rabbit go so quickly? (roadandtrack.com)
- The US Rabbit GTI team, headed by VW of America's Vice President for Engineering Duane Miller, has come up with a car that is the panacea for everything from the blues to the blahs. (roadandtrack.com)
- Expect continuous drones even on town road driving speeds. (autoweb.co.uk)
- 66.000 miles, Great condition Road/Track car. (race-cars.com)
- In Europe , only four countries still drive on the left: the United Kingdom , Ireland , Malta , and Cyprus , all of which are on islands that have no direct road connections with countries driving on the right. (wikipedia.org)
- This car feels solid on the road even in the winter in upstate n. (cargurus.com)
- when i start my car she sounds great and i will put it in drive and start down the road she'll run great for about 2 miles then she sounds like its choking and dies. (cargurus.com)
- Yarborough finished third after his brakes wore out and at times he had to be stopped by Richard Childress ' car on pit road. (wikipedia.org)
- 1 Of those children killed or seriously injured in a road traffic accident, 16% are car passengers, 2 and 10% of all fatal injuries to children occur in this group. (bmj.com)
- This article originally appeared in the November 1982 issue of Road & Track. (roadandtrack.com)
- and levels of road safety publicity, particularly related to drink-driving. (druglibrary.org)
- If possible, move your car to the side of the road or out of the way of traffic. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Throughout 1952 and 1953, Shelby competed in SCCA road racing events behind the wheel of borrowed sports cars, proving himself an adept competitor even behind the wheel of a little MG TC. (automobilemag.com)
- Handling Ranked 1982 BMW 3 Series 325 worse. (cargurus.com)
- Note that these fumes are completely unburned hydrocarbons so they are much worse for smog than the almost completely burned hydrocarbons emitted from the exhaust of a modern automobile. (hotrod.com)
- To make matters worse, the new cars look horrific, like a bulldozer, with that huge, honeycomb grill with bigger-than-life fog light cutouts. (toyotanation.com)
- Worse yet, this was the early '90s when there was a brief trend of having small but wide wheels on your car which stuck way out from the wheelwell, with rubber band tires on them. (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- The cars tries to start once I hook the battery on no key in the ignition what can cause it to do that? (cargurus.com)
- Check out this Chevy High Performance article about how we cured the ignition problems in our 1982 Chevy Camaro by adding a Crane digital multi-spark ignition box and matching coil to the stock ignition. (superchevy.com)
- These are the cars that once elevated Cadillac into "The Standard of the World" or pushed GM's luxury division to the brink of death. (popularmechanics.com)
- After demonstrating this interchangeability in Great Britain, Cadillac won the Dewar Trophy from the Royal Automobile Club. (popularmechanics.com)
- The first completely new Cadillac design following World War II was sleek and modern in a way no luxury car had been before. (popularmechanics.com)
- Cadillac was at its most cynical and arrogant peak in the early '80s, when it decided it could slap some new badges and leather upholstery on a front-drive Chevrolet Cavalier sedan and produce a viable alternative to the BMW 3-Series in the "Cimarron by Cadillac. (popularmechanics.com)
- The car underwent a frame off restoration at the hands of John Harden of Oklahoma City. (race-cars.com)
- A very rare car that has had a beautiful restoration. (race-cars.com)
- The streets of La Habana Vieja were declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982, and the subsequent restoration of this part of town has transformed it into arguably Latin America's finest colonial quarter, in marked contrast to the rambling, potholed streets and crumbling façades around it. (journeylatinamerica.co.uk)
- It was later included on the 2010 re-release of the band's 1982 album The Rise and Fall, as well as its two B-sides. (wikipedia.org)
- Some highway officials suggest that tougher drunken driving laws and child restraint laws and a rise in the legal drinking age in some states has cut the toll. (washingtonpost.com)
- In fact, it's even against the law to drive through a dry county in the state with alcohol in the car , even if you're transporting it to a personal residence. (howstuffworks.com)
- In 1982, about 49% of drivers killed in car wrecks had blood-alcohol levels of 0.08 or higher. (unknowncountry.com)
- Develop a car with a breathalyzer in the dashboard sot you have to breathe into it before the car will start (thus designated drivers will become 'designated puffers,' whose breath contains no alcohol. (unknowncountry.com)
- But they'll crucify the adroit wheelman whose car handling can't be faulted but who was found to have a trace amount of alcohol in his system. (spectator.org)
- Of the 451 young drivers killed who had alcohol in their systems, 368 (82 percent) were at .08 g/dL or higher (past the legal driving limit for those legally permitted to consume alcohol). (edgarsnyder.com)
- By comparison, the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported that driving with legal amounts of alcohol in one's system increases crash risk almost fourfold (an odds ratio of 3.93). (leafly.com)
- Your introduction to the city is a guided tour of Old Havana in one of the city's multitude of lovingly maintained, gargantuan 1950s American vintage cars. (journeylatinamerica.co.uk)
- Randomly posting signs advising residents to lock their cars is unlikely to reduce a city's car theft problem. (popcenter.org)
- One major catalyst behind the creation of this law was the increase in deaths related to drunk driving . (howstuffworks.com)
- This case raises the issue of whether a social host who enables an adult guest at his home to become drunk is liable to the victim of an automobile accident caused by the drunken [96 N.J. driving of the guest. (harvard.edu)
- T. L. Cameron (1982) Drinking and driving among American youth: beliefs and behaviors. (springer.com)
- Marty Robbins (real name Martin David Robinson ) (September 26, 1925 - December 8, 1982) was an American country singer and songwriter . (wikipedia.org)
- If driving just one brilliant American muscle car isn't enough to get your motor running, why not take two for a spin on this Double American Muscle Car Blast. (virginexperiencedays.co.uk)
- Mercury is a defunct division of the American automobile manufacturer Ford Motor Company . (rug.nl)
- That car is watered down American (european). (digitalcorvettes.com)
- Guided tour of Old Havana by 1950s vintage American car. (journeylatinamerica.co.uk)
- Dec. 17--Auto-skills contest: Entries are due for the 1997 Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills National Quality Care Challenge, sponsored by Ford Motor Co. and the American Automobile Association. (edweek.org)
- They're trying to balance the budget on the backs of the poor people,'' says disabled auto mechanic John Handshoe, who grew up in this remote part of eastern Kentucky. (csmonitor.com)
- The mechanic, David Gregory, accompanied him in the car. (crimemagazine.com)
- After Brooks picked up his accomplice Woody Loudres, they put the mechanic in the trunk of the car and Brooks and Loudres drove to a motel. (crimemagazine.com)
- Yevgeny Prigozhin is also a car enthusiast. (joesherlock.com)
- If you're a car enthusiast, we may have the cure for your ills. (roadandtrack.com)
- Incidentally, the car pictured here is not available at the auction, but for me is a perfect illustration of the dreams a car enthusiast might well encounter there. (torquenews.com)
- It's the fastest Camaro ever built, with over 600 BHP and track-tuned suspension and brakes to give you the best drive possible. (virginexperiencedays.co.uk)
- So maybe your thing was Sixties muscle cars and some time ago you had your heart set on a 1968 Camaro RS/SS convertible. (torquenews.com)
- The pre-owned Camaro market was a buyer's paradise, while the new F-cars offered plenty of style and value. (superchevy.com)
- Strickland bought this 1982 Chevrolet Camaro originally for a hundred bucks, since then he has put in countless hours into this masterpiece. (superchevy.com)
- Check out the Aero Camaro, a 1982 Chevy Camaro concept! (superchevy.com)
- We got our hands on a 1982 Camaro and went about swapping out the old power box for the lighter Flaming River steering box. (superchevy.com)
- Neither hunger is evident to someone driving through this mountainous area on the main, but potholed, roads. (csmonitor.com)
- After that, it's on to the main event - three exhilarating miles' driving in your first chosen muscle car, before getting behind the wheel of your second car. (virginexperiencedays.co.uk)