Homosexuality: The sexual attraction or relationship between members of the same SEX.Homosexuality, Male: Sexual attraction or relationship between males.Pluto: The ninth planet in order from the sun. It is one of the five outer planets of the solar system. Its only natural satellite is Charon.Religion and SexParaphilias: Disorders that include recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors generally involving nonhuman objects, suffering of oneself or partners, or children or other nonconsenting partners. (from DSM-IV, 1994)Homosexuality, Female: Sexual attraction or relationship between females.Homophobia: Differential treatment or unequal access to opportunities or services based on perceived homosexual preference or orientation.Gender Identity: A person's concept of self as being male and masculine or female and feminine, or ambivalent, based in part on physical characteristics, parental responses, and psychological and social pressures. It is the internal experience of gender role.Birth Order: The sequence in which children are born into the family.Social Problems: Situations affecting a significant number of people, that are believed to be sources of difficulty or threaten the stability of the community, and that require programs of amelioration.Bisexuality: The sexual attraction or relationship between members of both the same and the opposite SEX.Social Stigma: A perceived attribute that is deeply discrediting and is considered to be a violation of social norms.Attitude: An enduring, learned predisposition to behave in a consistent way toward a given class of objects, or a persistent mental and/or neural state of readiness to react to a certain class of objects, not as they are but as they are conceived to be.Prejudice: A preconceived judgment made without factual basis.Sexual Behavior: Sexual activities of humans.HIV Infections: Includes the spectrum of human immunodeficiency virus infections that range from asymptomatic seropositivity, thru AIDS-related complex (ARC), to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).Prenatal Exposure Delayed Effects: The consequences of exposing the FETUS in utero to certain factors, such as NUTRITION PHYSIOLOGICAL PHENOMENA; PHYSIOLOGICAL STRESS; DRUGS; RADIATION; and other physical or chemical factors. These consequences are observed later in the offspring after BIRTH.Pregnancy: The status during which female mammals carry their developing young (EMBRYOS or FETUSES) in utero before birth, beginning from FERTILIZATION to BIRTH.Restraint, Physical: Use of a device for the purpose of controlling movement of all or part of the body. Splinting and casting are FRACTURE FIXATION.Stress, Physiological: The unfavorable effect of environmental factors (stressors) on the physiological functions of an organism. Prolonged unresolved physiological stress can affect HOMEOSTASIS of the organism, and may lead to damaging or pathological conditions.Stress, Psychological: Stress wherein emotional factors predominate.Handling (Psychology): Physical manipulation of animals and humans to induce a behavioral or other psychological reaction. In experimental psychology, the animal is handled to induce a stress situation or to study the effects of "gentling" or "mothering".Perinatology: The branch of medicine dealing with the fetus and infant during the perinatal period. The perinatal period begins with the twenty-eighth week of gestation and ends twenty-eight days after birth. (From Dorland, 27th ed)Civil Rights: Legal guarantee protecting the individual from attack on personal liberties, right to fair trial, right to vote, and freedom from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin. (from http://www.usccr.gov/ accessed 1/31/2003)Vomeronasal Organ: An accessory chemoreceptor organ that is separated from the main OLFACTORY MUCOSA. It is situated at the base of nasal septum close to the VOMER and NASAL BONES. It forwards chemical signals (such as PHEROMONES) to the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM, thus influencing reproductive and social behavior. In humans, most of its structures except the vomeronasal duct undergo regression after birth.Discrimination (Psychology): Differential response to different stimuli.Human Rights: The rights of the individual to cultural, social, economic, and educational opportunities as provided by society, e.g., right to work, right to education, and right to social security.Orientation: Awareness of oneself in relation to time, place and person.Training Support: Financial support for training including both student stipends and loans and training grants to institutions.Democracy: A system of government in which there is free and equal participation by the people in the political decision-making process.New HampshireElectronic Mail: Messages between computer users via COMPUTER COMMUNICATION NETWORKS. This feature duplicates most of the features of paper mail, such as forwarding, multiple copies, and attachments of images and other file types, but with a speed advantage. The term also refers to an individual message sent in this way.Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: A group of religious bodies tracing their origin to Joseph Smith in 1830 and accepting the Book of Mormon as divine revelation. (from Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 10th ed)Politics: Activities concerned with governmental policies, functions, etc.Christianity: The religion stemming from the life, teachings, and death of Jesus Christ: the religion that believes in God as the Father Almighty who works redemptively through the Holy Spirit for men's salvation and that affirms Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior who proclaimed to man the gospel of salvation. (From Webster, 3d ed)RussiaRhode IslandPortraits as Topic: Graphic representations, especially of the face, of real persons, usually posed, living or dead. (From Thesaurus for Graphic Materials II, p540, 1995)Awards and PrizesProfessional Corporations: Legally authorized corporations owned and managed by one or more professionals (medical, dental, legal) in which the income is ascribed primarily to the professional activities of the owners or stockholders.Product Line Management: Management control systems for structuring health care delivery strategies around case types, as in DRGs, or specific clinical services.Ethics, Business: The moral obligations governing the conduct of commercial or industrial enterprises.Speech: Communication through a system of conventional vocal symbols.Encyclopedias as Topic: Works containing information articles on subjects in every field of knowledge, usually arranged in alphabetical order, or a similar work limited to a special field or subject. (From The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)Mental Disorders: Psychiatric illness or diseases manifested by breakdowns in the adaptational process expressed primarily as abnormalities of thought, feeling, and behavior producing either distress or impairment of function.Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders: Categorical classification of MENTAL DISORDERS based on criteria sets with defining features. It is produced by the American Psychiatric Association. (DSM-IV, page xxii)History, 18th Century: Time period from 1701 through 1800 of the common era.MedlinePlus: NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE service for health professionals and consumers. It links extensive information from the National Institutes of Health and other reviewed sources of information on specific diseases and conditions.Anxiety Disorders: Persistent and disabling ANXIETY.Mood Disorders: Those disorders that have a disturbance in mood as their predominant feature.Heterosexuality: The sexual attraction or relationship between members of the opposite SEX.History, 20th Century: Time period from 1901 through 2000 of the common era.History, 17th Century: Time period from 1601 through 1700 of the common era.History, 19th Century: Time period from 1801 through 1900 of the common era.Chicago
ISBN 0-394-50818-1. Lewes, Kenneth (1995). Psychoanalysis and Male Homosexuality. Northvale, New Jersey: Jason Aronson. ISBN 1- ... According to P. D. Casteel, Eros and Civilization is, with One-Dimensional Man, the work Marcuse is best known for. Eros (Freud ... Freud claimed that a clash between Eros and civilization results in the history of Man being one of his repression: "Our ... He noted that Marcuse's way of overcoming the dilemma that "a full satisfaction of man's instinctual needs is incompatible with ...
Hooker, E. (1958). "Male Homosexuality in the Rorschach". Journal of Projective Technique. 22: 33-54. doi:10.1080/08853126.1958 ... Bell, A.; Weinberg, M. (1978). Homosexualities: a Study of Diversity Among Men and Women. New York: Simon and Schuster. Bell, A ... Alan Bell and Martin Weinberg, Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women, 1978. Thomas Weinberg, "On 'Doing' ... Weinberg, T. (1978). "On 'Doing' and 'Being' Gay: Sexual Behavior and Homosexual Male Self-Identity". Journal of Homosexuality ...
"The man of God is intoxicated without wine; the man of God is satisfied without meat." A different metre in pattern 3 is the ... "Homosexuality iii. in Persian Literature" (Encyclopaedia Iranica) Maling (1973), p. 128. See further Mahdavi Mazdeh (2017) on ... čehre-ye zard-e man * nazar-ī barā-ye Xodā konī ke agar konī hame dard-e man * be yekī nazāre davā konī uu - u - uu - u - , uu ... Golestan 1.10 Payvand News 24 August 2005 Iranian Studies, vol 8. (1975), issue 3, p. 164 For the male gender and the Turk cf ...
心理學家吉姆·麥克奈特寫道，金賽量表只含蓄地包含「雙性戀是一種處於同性戀和異性戀之間的性傾向」的概念。自艾倫·貝爾和溫伯格共著的《同性戀：多元男女研究（英语：Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men ... Between Men: HIV/STI Prevention For Men Who Have Sex With Men, International HIV/AIDS Alliance. ... The Biology of Homosexuality. Oxford University Press. 2012. ISBN 9780199838820.. *^ Crompton, Louis. Homosexuality
Wolf TJ (1987). "Group psychotherapy for bisexual men and their wives". J Homosex. 14 (1-2): 191-9. doi:10.1300/J082v14n01_14. ... Ego-dystonic sexual orientation Homosexuality and psychology Mixed-orientation marriage ICD-10: See part F66. ... "Bisexual and gay men in heterosexual marriage: conflicts and resolutions in therapy". J Homosex. 7 (2-3): 93-103. doi:10.1300/ ... "Marital satisfaction during recovery from self-identified sexual addiction among bisexual men and their wives". J Sex Marital ...
He tortured his four victims by hanging or choking them, but in two cases it is said that he released men he had kidnapped once ... He added that he would continue doing so if he could, claiming that homosexuality harmed society. Marroquín, known as "El ... Violence against LGBT people Homosexuality in Mexico Hate Crime Homophobia "Buenos días, bienvenidos". pgr.gob.mx. Archived ... Marroquin confessed to luring gay men from bars in order to kill them. ...
... that homosexuality must be decriminalised. In 1993, the Irish government decriminalised gay male sexual activity with the ... On the ground of the Christian nature of our State and on the grounds that the deliberate practice of homosexuality is morally ... which made sexual activity between 2 men illegal. The law remained on the books when Ireland achieved independence from the UK ... General is a 1983 judgement from the Supreme Court of Ireland that the existing Irish law which criminalised homosexuality was ...
"Homosexuality and Male Bonding in Pre-Nazi Germany: Transcripts from Der Eigene, the first gay journal in the world." Journal ... of Homosexuality Volume 1991, Part 2. LCCN 91027666 Eshbach, Robert W. "Villa Joachim, Berlin." Joseph Joachim, Biography and ... 1 Sep 1981, retrieved 13 Jan 2017. "Kein Exportschlager für Baukultur: Bauakademie-Attrappe in Berlin fertig" (in German). ... 1981, in a gala concert featuring Gustav Mahler's Symphony No. 8 attended by the President of Germany. The Bauakademie burnt ...
... "homosexuality is intermediate between heterosexual men and women", wrote that Dörner was correct to predict that, "Hormonal ... cited Dörner's book as evidence that homosexuality is linked to "the levels of male and female hormones in a person's system." ... The book formed part of a 1970s campaign by Dörner to prevent homosexuality, and like other parts of his work has been ... Homosexuality: Research Implications for Public Policy. Newbury Park: Sage Publications. ISBN 0-8039-3764-4. ...
... "end the silence on Chicano male homosexuality." It is also considered the first collection of Mexican-American poetry "wholly ... In 1984, Alarcón was considered a suspect in the murder of a young man, Teddy Gomez, who was killed in Golden Gate Park. He was ... Alarcón was very impressed with how Nandino refused to hide his homosexuality from the world. During his time in Mexico, ... 1981 Ruben Dario Prize for poetry. 1984 Chicano Literary Prize for poetry. 1993 American Book Award 1993 PEN Oakland Josephine ...
Homosexuality can be attributed to both biological and social causes. Dean Hamer has studied the so-called "gay gene". The ... In contrast, the standard model of sex and gender indicates a clear-cut dichotomy between males and females, with no overlap, a ... The experiment, in Lewontin's words, "ignores the existence of societies in which women wear pants, or in which men wear skirts ... Allen, Garland E. (1984). "The Roots of Biological Determinism: review of The Mismeasure of Man by Stephen Jay Gould". Journal ...
These include an adolescent male who had a strong fetishistic interest in the exhaust pipes of cars, a young man with a similar ... when comparing homosexuality with paraphilias, found that both share "the features of onset and course (both homosexuality and ... As such, the term sexual perversion or the epithet pervert have historically referred to gay men, as well as other non- ... In that version, for example, a man cannot be classified as a transvestite-however much he cross-dresses and however sexually ...
Society and the Homosexual (1952) A Minority: Male homosexuality in Great Britain (1960) Sociological Aspects of Homosexuality ... These men are hardly ever found in prison and clinics. Ken Plummer in The Making of the Modern Homosexual remarks that: In ... At the time homosexuality was a criminal offence, and such research was difficult to conduct. Jeffrey Weeks lists him with ... He concluded: Homosexuality is a condition which in itself has only minor effects upon the development of the personality. But ...
A Thesaurus and Alan Bell and Martin Weinberg's Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women. Additionally, in ... Sexual Behavior in the Human Male. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co., 1948. Print. Research, Institute for Sex. Sexual Behavior ... Melnick, Meredith (2011-07-07). "Kinsey Institute Survey Finds Men Need to Cuddle, Women Value Sexual Satisfaction , TIME.com ... Sexual Behavior in the Human Male. Its companion Sexual Behavior in the Human Female was published 5 years later. These books ...
Priess, Benjamin Gay men receive apology more than 30 years after homosexuality decriminalised May 24, 2016 The Age Retrieved ... On 24 May 2016 Andrews made an official apology in parliament for gay men in Victoria punished during the time homosexuality ... It was decriminalised in 1981. In September 2016, the Andrews Government privatised the Port of Melbourne for a term of 50 ...
... notebooks Man Bites Man Ives Scrapebooks edited by Paul Sieveking, Jay Landesman Publishers, 1981. Oxford Dictionary of ... homosexuality, cricket scores, and letters he wrote to newspapers. His interest in cricket led him to play a single first-class ... The Man who created Sherlock Holmes: The Life and Times of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle by Andrew Lycett pages 229-230 (2007, ... Gay Men's Press, 1986, ISBN 0-85449-026-4. p108 "Ives, George Cecil (IVS885GC)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of ...
Sexual Preference: Its Development in Men and Women Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women Homosexuality: An ... He has served as visiting professor at State University of New York at Albany (1981), University of Maryland at Baltimore ... Annotated Bibliography Deviance: The Interactionist Perspective The Study of Social Problems: Seven Perspectives Male ... 1981). Kinsey study finds homosexuals show early predisposition. New York Times Buckley, Tom (April 20, 1969). All they talk ...
Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women (1978) Sexual Preference (1981) Stockton, Rex (2002). "Alan Paul Bell ... McCoubrey, Carmel (24 May 2002). "Alan P. Bell, 70, Researcher Of Influences on Homosexuality". New York Times. ... The Personality of a Child Molester: An Analysis of Dreams (1971) Homosexuality: An Annotated Bibliography (1972) ...
When Etz Chaim was asked whether it was religiously appropriate for female and male children to sing together, Etz Chaim ... Etz Chaim opposed the bill, stating that Orthodox Judaism opposes homosexuality. In 2001, a choir of 61 mixed-gender students ... Rabbi Porter has led the organization since 1981. Originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rabbi Porter graduated from Ner Israel ...
Homosexuality: A Psychoanalytic Study of Male Homosexuals, a large-scale 1962 study of homosexuality by Irving Bieber and other ... Ronald Bayer Homosexuality and American Psychiatry: The Politics of Diagnosis (1981) Princeton University Press p. 105. ... "Ego-dystonic homosexuality" was also removed and was largely subsumed under "sexual disorder not otherwise specified", which ... Additionally, the diagnosis of ego-dystonic homosexuality replaced the DSM-II category of "sexual orientation disturbance". ...
... the criminalisation of male homosexuality as the case which led to legislation in 1982 bringing the law on male homosexuality ... As a consequence of the judgment, male homosexual sex was decriminalised in Northern Ireland in October 1982. Female homosexual ... which held that Section 11 of the Criminal Law Amendment Act 1885 which criminalised male homosexual acts in England, Wales and ... On 22 October 1981, the Court agreed with the Commission that Northern Ireland's criminalisation of homosexual acts between ...
"To Young Men Only" in which he uses a "little factory" euphemism to discuss male reproductive organs and warns young men not to ... Homosexuality. Salt Lake City, UT: LDS Church. 1981. pp. 6-7. Retrieved 22 November 2016. Smith, George D.; Bergera, Gary James ... "What Manner of Men Ought We to Be?". lds.org. LDS church. A priesthood holder is virtuous. ... He will not commit adultery "nor ... First is when the Mormon lay leader of a congregation (usually the bishop and always a male) calls in the boys and girls in his ...
This attempt to liberalise the law relating to male homosexuality can be placed in a context of the rising number of ... No subsequent reconsideration of the issue of male homosexuality in statutory law took place in England and Wales until the ... The legal consequence of the legislation is often described as partial decriminalisation of male homosexuality as the act ... The age of consent of 21 for homosexual males set by the 1967 Act was reduced to 18 by the Criminal Justice and Public Order ...
Buck came out as a gay man at the age of 16. He changed his surname from Buckmelter to Buck in 1981 or 1983. He was the Grand ... over his homosexuality. Buck switched his registration from Republican to Democrat because of homophobia in 1988. Buck ran for ... "Phoenix man seeks to recall Mecham". Arizona Daily Star. December 22, 1986. p. 32. Retrieved November 25, 2017 - via Newspapers ... Cullen, Terence (August 22, 2017). "Los Angeles investigators probing death of male escort at home of prominent Democratic ...
Homosexuality was something that at the time was rarely addressed in India. The artist explored his own homosexuality in ... The artist's work celebrated the day to day struggles of India's common man. Khakhar's early paintings depicted average people ... A Man Labelled Bhupen Khakhar Branded As Painter. Bombay: Identity People. OCLC 19123585. M. F. Hussain Ghulam Mohammed Sheikh ... In You Can't Please All (1981; London, Knoedler's) a life-size naked figure, a self-portrait, watches from a balcony, as father ...
In malesEdit. Prostate cancerEdit. See also: Management of prostate cancer § Hormonal therapy, and Androgen deprivation therapy ... and theoretically also as femininity and homosexuality. As such, antiandrogens are teratogens, and women who are ... Androgens increase sex drive, and for this reason, antiandrogens are able to reduce sex drive in men. In accordance ... In males, antiandrogens are used in the treatment of prostate cancer, enlarged prostate, scalp hair loss, overly high sex drive ...
ISBN 0-394-50818-1. Lewes, Kenneth (1995). Psychoanalysis and Male Homosexuality. Northvale, New Jersey: Jason Aronson. ISBN 1- ... According to P. D. Casteel, Eros and Civilization is, with One-Dimensional Man, the work Marcuse is best known for. Eros (Freud ... Freud claimed that a clash between Eros and civilization results in the history of Man being one of his repression: "Our ... He noted that Marcuses way of overcoming the dilemma that "a full satisfaction of mans instinctual needs is incompatible with ...
Together with Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women (1978), Homosexuality: An Annotated Bibliography is ... The anthropologist Paul Gebhard, writing in Bell and Weinbergs work Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women ... Homosexuality: An Annotated Bibliography (1972) is a bibliography of non-fiction literature on homosexuality, edited by the ... "Male Homosexuality in Contemporary Mainland China". Archives of Sexual Behavior. 17 (2). Sagarin, Edward (1973). "The Good Guys ...
Nature of man and causes of homosexuality. In the beginning, man disobeyed his Creator, and as part of the punishment for so ... 1 Causes of homosexuality - Biblical explanation *1.1 Nature of man and causes of homosexuality ... A psychoanalytical study of male homosexuality (1962) *↑ Ray b. Evans, "Childhood parental relationships of homosexual men", ... What Causes Homosexuality by Dr. John F. Ankerberg. * Rich Deem, Genetics and Homosexuality: Are People Born Gay? The ...
Homosexuality and Hope This statement of the Catholic Medical Association was sent to each American Bishop to provide ... West, D. (1977) Homosexuality Re-examined. London: Duckworth Whitam, F. (1977) Childhood indicators of male homosexuality. ... Hadden, S. (1967a) Male homosexuality. Pennsylvania Medicine. February: 78 - 80. Hadden, S. (1967b) A way out for homosexuals. ... 45 Zubenko: "Homosexuality was 10 times more common among the men and six times more common among the women with borderline ...
... abuse as a predictor of sexual risk-taking among men who have sex with men: The Urban Men s Health Study. Child Abuse & Neglect ... Homosexuality is just such a case. A great deal of research in recent years has shown that roughly 2-3% of men in the United ... James, W. H. (2004). The cause(s) of the fraternal birth order effect in male homosexuality. Journal of Biosocial Science, 36, ... James, W. H. (2004). A further note on the causes of the fraternal birth order effect in male homosexuality. Journal of ...
Blanchard, R., & Bogaert, A.F. (1996). Homosexuality in men and number of older brothers. Am. J. Psychiatry, 153, 27-31. ... LeVay, S., & Hamer, D.H. (May, 1994). Evidence for a biological influence in male homosexuality. Scientific American, 44-49. ... 1980). Prenatal stress as possible aetiogenetic factor of homosexuality among human males. Endokrinologie, 75(3), 365-8. ... Evidence for maternally inherited factors favouring male homosexuality and promoting female fecundity. Proceedings of the Royal ...
... of the men had sex with another male before turning 18 but not after. These men . . . constitute 42% of the total number of men ... is that active male homosexuality is a serious public health issue. Female homosexuality, despite differences in sexual ... If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; let them be put to death: their blood is ... 36] Bell, A. P., and Weinberg, M. S., Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity among. Men and Women, Simon and Schuster, 1978, pp ...
心理學家吉姆·麥克奈特寫道，金賽量表只含蓄地包含「雙性戀是一種處於同性戀和異性戀之間的性傾向」的概念。自艾倫·貝爾和溫伯格共著的《同性戀：多元男女研究（英语：Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men ... Between Men: HIV/STI Prevention For Men Who Have Sex With Men, International HIV/AIDS Alliance. ... The Biology of Homosexuality. Oxford University Press. 2012. ISBN 9780199838820.. *^ Crompton, Louis. Homosexuality
Man of Laws Tale. 1976-1983 , 1985-1991 , 1998-2002 1976-1983 Finnegan, Robert Emmett. "The Man of Law, His Tale, and the ... McAlpine, Monica E. "The Pardoners Homosexuality and How It Matters." PMLA 95 (1980): 8-122. . (Bound). 1981-1983 Beidler, ... Man of Laws Tale Manciples Tale Merchants Tale Millers Tale Monks Tale Nuns Priests Tale Pardoners Tale Parsons Tale ... Harty, Kevin J. "Chaucers Man of Law and the Muses that Men Clepe Pierides." Studies in. Short Fiction 18.1 (Winter 1981): ...
Levine, Martin P., ed., Gay Men: The Sociology of Male Homosexuality, New York: Harper & Row, 1979. ... Male Homosexuality in Central and South America, New York: Gay Academic Union, 1987; Oceanic Homosexualities, New York: Garland ... Harry, Joseph, and Man Singh Das, Homosexuality in International Perspective, New Delhi: Vikas, 1980. ... Dannecker, Martin, Theories of Homosexuality, trans. by David Fernbach, London: Gay Mens Press, 1981. Dannecker, Martin, and ...
Bailey, J. M., & Bell, A. P. (1993). Familiality of female and male homosexuality. Behavior Genetics, 23, 313-322.CrossRef ... Pillard, R. C., & Weinrich, J. D. (1986). Evidence of familial nature of male homosexuality. Archives of General Psychiatry, 43 ... Rice, G., Anderson, C., & Ebers, G. (1995). Male homosexuality: Absence of linkage to microsatellite markers at Xq28. Science, ... Specifically, subjects were asked: (1) "List your closest male friends. List your best male friend first, then your next best ...
... but no study to date has compellingly demonstrated that such men have a bisexual pattern of genital arousal.... ... Self-identified bisexual men report high sexual arousal to both male and female stimuli, ... Freund, K. (1974). Male homosexuality: An analysis of the pattern. In J. A. Loraine (Ed.), Understanding homosexuality: Its ... Self-identified bisexual men report high sexual arousal to both male and female stimuli, but no study to date has compellingly ...
"A.P. Bell and M.S. Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43 percent of white male ... A 2006 Dutch study found that homosexual men more frequently used mental and somatic health care than heterosexual men - and ... Elton Johns homosexuality comes with a price. By Mychal Massie Published February 23, 2010 at 12:00am ... "appear only to be sexually transmitted among men who have sex with men." ...
... "make homosexuality a crime or . . . [require states to recognize] the right of a man to marry another man or the right of a ... employee is simply a man who is attracted to men. For purposes of Title VII, firing a man because he is attracted to men is a ... For example, when an employer fires a gay man based on the belief that men should not be attracted to other men, the employer ... 1950). 58 Power with Women, Other Men, and Society: A Mens Movement Analysis, in The American Man 417, 424 (Elizabeth H. Pleck ...
PML affected 136 men and 18 women with AIDS. Eighty-four percent of cases were 20-50 years old (range 5 to 68 years). The most ... common AIDS risk factors were homosexuality (57%) among men and heterosexual transmission (28%) and intravenous drug abuse (28 ... There was a 12-fold increase in the frequency of PML between 1981-1984 and 1991-1994. ... clinical and radiographic features of PML in a large cohort of AIDS patients identified by retrospective chart review from 1981 ...
... men; (3) there is no way to determine if the smaller hypothalamuses were the cause or the result of homosexuality; and (4) Dr. ... IS HOMOSEXUALITY AN ILLNESS? IS IT "NORMAL"? An even more important question, though, is if homosexuality constitutes ... 20 Stanton L. Jones, "Homosexuality According to Science," in J. Isamu Yamamoto, ed., The Crisis of Homosexuality (Wheaton, IL ... Comments like these are commonly heard when the topic of homosexuality comes up for discussion. The debate over homosexuality ...
Journal of Homosexuality, 35(3-4), 207-31.. Herek, G. M. (1988). Heterosexuals attitudes toward lesbians and gay men: ... Romantic relationships with men. None of the respondents reported currently having a male lover (as seen in Table 3). A ... Romantic relationships with men. The historical time differences were minor concerning steady relationships with a man and of ... Having a sexual relation with a man 1986, 2005: Have you been together with men sexually before identifying as homosexual/ ...
I say its the liberal plantation mentality, in which if youre a man on the right and white, its OK. If you are the man on ... Opposition to Homosexuality - Horsley draws a connection between the organizations opposition to abortion and the American ... a man who takes the side, in essence, of the Japanese Nazis of World War II, if you want a man who takes the side, in essence, ... "This man could be bombing me!" The man will turn out to be a janitor. A source close to Ailes will say, "He has a personal ...
Is there a man-and, only men speak in this church-is there a man here that can tell me something else thats wicked about ... many of whom wished to keep their homosexuality a secret (see 1981). This article features a transcript of a private GSA ... I say its the liberal plantation mentality, in which if youre a man on the right and white, its OK. If you are the man on ... God said to the man that works, if a man will not work neither shall he eat. Thats what the Bible preaches. Why should I go ...
... e are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, [but] it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes ... many of whom wished to keep their homosexuality a secret (see 1981). This article features a transcript of a private GSA ... what it once was like in America when men were free." Reagan is followed up by an unidentified male announcer who reiterates ... Heres a man who just got through seeing a lot of blood" in the Persian Gulf war. He was dissatisfied in general with the way ...
... e are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, [but] it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes ... many of whom wished to keep their homosexuality a secret (see 1981). This article features a transcript of a private GSA ... what it once was like in America when men were free." Reagan is followed up by an unidentified male announcer who reiterates ... All four men begin to surveill Bergs townhouse. Gunned Down - At 9:21 p.m., Berg drives his Volkswagen Beetle into his ...
... doctors in Haiti reported 11 men with aggressive Kaposis sarcoma, noting later that Drugs and homosexuality have no ... This approach identified 26 patients - 17 men, 7 women, and 2 children - with AIDS. Noting that 11 of 17 men with AIDS ... None of the 30 men reported sex with men, and only one acknowledged IDU risks. Another early report on AIDS in Haitians noted,[ ... All five men were MSMs, and one was also an IDU. One month later, in July 1981, doctors in New York and California reported 30 ...
"The Social Construction of Male Homosexuality..." which contains significant challenges to the "assumed" "100 percent male ... These males dont have sex, nor fall in love with males who are like them, and especially not with real females with whom they ... Why gay males and lesbians have crawled into bed with heterosexual males and females with respect to abusing bisexual ... The above description is of a very stereotypical gay male, but something happened to this (closeted? gay?) male. It seems like ...
52] Alan P. Bell and Martin S. Weinberg; Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women (New York/NY: Simon and ... See: John Dececco, Patrick Letellier & David Island, Men Who Beat the Men Who Love Them: Battered Gay Men and Domestic Violence ... 51] Michael Pollak, Male Homosexuality in Philippe Aires and Andre Bejin (eds.) Western Sexuality: Practice and Precept in ... One of the most notorious books published by such publisher is entitled Gay Sex: Manual for Men who Love Men. The book ...
Heterosexual men have told me they look like locker-room nudes-the kind of athletic male bodies they admire in sporting events ... London National Gallery curator Kathleen Adler links Fairbrothers observations about Sargents homosexuality with his ... "If theres a kind of misogyny at work in the gap between Sargents male and female nudes," Kingsbury adds, "it could be the ... However, when Andy Warhol was shown Sargents study of male bodies for the mural of Hell, he immediately pronounced it a "gang ...
HeterosexualityBisexuality1987AIDS1978Believe that homosexuality is immoralPunishableLesbians1994History of HomosexualMMWREtiologyIntravenousCauses of homosexualHaitian1982Topic of homosexualityDebate over homosexualityAcceptance of homosexualityFemales1996Annotated BibliographyKieferHammersmith1972Kaposi'sWeinbergFemaleHomosexualsLesbianPsychiatryCentersEpidemicWomenPeople1997BiologicalMarriageSexualAngelesAttitudes towardsFindingsMan'sSociologyTheoretical1980AttributableHomosexual malesReformsSexualityInfectionBehaviorDebatesTherapyReviewYoung gayResearchNudesMental disorderImpotenceSuppressionPatterns
- Since human beings as a species are unique in that they have a sexual orientation toward their own gender (homosexuality) as well as the opposite sex (heterosexuality), how or where this preference begins is of interest. (birthpsychology.com)
- In addition, the very distinctions between homosexuality and heterosexuality have been challenged (e.g. (ejhs.org)
- Gay people were created by heterosexual males to maintain what has been termed 'hegemonic heterosexuality,' and gay individuals act accordingly. (ucalgary.ca)
- These misrepresentations include the assertion that ten percent of all Americans are gay (the figure is actually closer to one or two percent), that all competent psychiatrists and psychologists believe homosexuality is a healthy lifestyle (the majority do not), that homosexuals are born that way (most therapists disagree) and cannot change their sexual preference (disproven by numerous accounts where gays have converted to heterosexuality). (equip.org)
- Parker Tyler identifies the Lonesome Cowboys ' "pre-Raphaelite" beauty as well as their parodic performance of Romeo and Juliet as important components of "the Warhol anti-culture machine," as is Viva's enactment of Juliet "in a formal riding costume" who stands in for "any woman who might" misread their beauty and self-absorption as an indication of homosexuality or "mistake it for heterosexuality" (188-89). (rhizomes.net)
- A central issue raised by queer theory, which will be discussed below, is whether homosexuality, and hence also heterosexuality and bisexuality, is socially constructed or purely driven by biological forces. (stanford.edu)
- Young people are growing up in an environment where casual acceptance of homosexuality and bisexuality is increasingly seen as the norm, and where dissenters from the new orthodoxy are regarded with contempt, not only as ignorant and unenlightened, but as positively evil. (stjohndc.org)
- She then astutely notes that the real enemy to the heterosexual ethic is not the named enemy of homosexuality, but the unnamed enemy of bisexuality. (ucalgary.ca)
- bisexuality and homosexuality are not accepted. (essaysprofessors.com)
- Martin, writing in 1987, observed that Homosexuality: An Annotated Bibliography had still not been superseded as an annotated bibliography on its topic. (wikipedia.org)
- While many men and women who experience same-sex attractions say that their sexual desire for those of their own sex was experienced as a "given" (Chapman 1987 1 ) this in no way implies a genetic predetermination or an unchangeable condition. (catholicculture.org)
- Mr. Frank, who made his homosexuality public in May 1987, said he had paid for sex with the prostitute one time, in the spring of 1985, and had hired him as a personal employee later that year because he thought he could encourage the man to ''change his life. (nytimes.com)
- In 1987 he became the first American politican at the national level to declare his homosexuality voluntarily. (americanfreethought.com)
- Second, in DSM-IIIR (APA, 1987), exactly when homosexuality was unambiguously eliminated, the definition of mental disorder would undergo a change in reformulating the issue of social deviation,making it easier for the mere existence of a conflict with society to be taken as an indication of mental disorder, providing the conflict is caused by a dysfunction in the subject. (ipce.info)
- The development of a male brain involves more processes than that involved in the creation of a female brain and naturally, this increases the possibility of something going wrong (Goodman, 1987:29). (vernonjohns.org)
- In mammals the ability of the male to display masculine behavior depends on two processes, masculinization and defeminisation (Goodman, 1987:33). (vernonjohns.org)
- We evaluated the clinical and radiographic features of PML in a large cohort of AIDS patients identified by retrospective chart review from 1981 to 1994. (nih.gov)
- PML affected 136 men and 18 women with AIDS. (nih.gov)
- The most common AIDS risk factors were homosexuality (57%) among men and heterosexual transmission (28%) and intravenous drug abuse (28%) among women. (nih.gov)
- Before 1981, very likely thousands of people in Africa and scores in Europe , the US, and Haiti had already died from AIDS. (google.com)
- The view that AIDS was caused by a bloodborne virus - like the hepatitis B virus - gained further support in December 1982 when CDC reported AIDS in an infant 20 months old who had received blood from a man who later developed AIDS. (google.com)
- [x] In July 1982, CDC reported AIDS in 34 Haitians in the US, including 4 women and 30 men. (google.com)
- In late 1981, doctors in Belgium and France began to realize that they had already seen AIDS in patients from Africa. (google.com)
- Anti-gay arguments posit that same-sex identity or behavior (or both) are "unnatural" (i.e., non-procreative or "against" the male/female body's "natural" use), potentially harmful (through the spread of AIDS or molestation of young children), or contrary to religious strictures. (h-net.org)
- In 1981, a flush of gay infections announced the American AIDS epidemic. (americanthinker.com)
- I remember how AIDS entered my life in January of 1981. (pbs.org)
- The first cases of Gay related immunodeficiency , now known as AIDS , were first reported 5 June 1981, when the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recorded a cluster of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in five homosexual men in Los Angeles. (wikipedia.org)
- Major health issues for gay men are HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases, substance abuse, depression, and suicide. (wikipedia.org)
- In addition to cases in men-particularly gay men-cases of AIDS are reported in hemophiliacs and in a few women, infants, and recipients of blood transfusions. (amfar.org)
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) establishes the term acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and identifies four "risk factors": male homosexuality, intravenous drug use, Haitian origin, and hemophilia A. (amfar.org)
- A major outbreak of AIDS among both men and women in central Africa is reported. (amfar.org)
- The CDC adds female sexual partners of men with AIDS to its list of "risk groups. (amfar.org)
- The first five cases of what is now called acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) were reported in MMWR in 1981 ( 12 ). (cdc.gov)
- As a physician who has written extensively over the past two decades about the origin of HIV/AIDS, I am shocked and saddened by this misguided campaign to make gay men 'own' and 'end AIDS. (rense.com)
- When the AIDS epidemic began officially in June 1981, it was widely considered exclusively a 'gay disease. (rense.com)
- Hemophilia does not cause AIDS - and neither does homosexuality. (rense.com)
- For two decades I and a few other serious researchers have presented evidence to show that HIV/AIDS is a man-made disease. (rense.com)
- Anyone interested in this evidence can Google 'man-made AIDS' for dozens of articles, as well as books, on the subject. (rense.com)
- There are two important reasons why HIV/AIDS is still prevalent among gay men (but not lesbians). (rense.com)
- It is obvious that 'AIDS education' has not prevented many men from becoming infected. (rense.com)
- Dr. Verghese became by necessity the local AIDS expert, soon besieged by a shocking number of male and female patients whose stories came to occupy his mind, and even take over his life. (scribd.com)
- I had come to witness and record an underground treatment of four HIV-positive gay men, two with AIDS, who had volunteered to be injected with a promising but possibly deadly Chinese drug. (aliciapatterson.org)
- Corti and a small alliance of gay men have been pressing the limits of the federal Food and Drug Administration's tolerance since 1985 when they began importing unauthorized drugs for friends and acquaintances dying of AIDS. (aliciapatterson.org)
- In 1981, the first cases of what is now known as AIDS were reported in the U.S. During the 1980s there was a rapid increase in the number of reported AIDS cases and AIDS deaths. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Between June 1, 1981, and September 15, 1982, CDC received reports of 593 cases of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). (cdc.gov)
- Background: A remarkable cluster of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia and Kaposi's sarcoma male cases with history of homosexuality first described in 1981, since that period fundamental improvement in understanding this acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) have been carried out . (ekb.eg)
- Shilts identified Dugas by name, and while he never specifically claimed that the man was the source of the U.S. AIDS epidemic, reviewers and media commentators weren't so restrained. (theatlantic.com)
- He also concluded that the virus must have arrived in the U.S. around 12 years before AIDS was formally recognized in 1981. (theatlantic.com)
- Together with Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women (1978), Homosexuality: An Annotated Bibliography is part of a series of books that culminated in the publication of Sexual Preference in 1981. (wikipedia.org)
- The anthropologist Paul Gebhard, writing in Bell and Weinberg's work Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women (1978), described Homosexuality: An Annotated Bibliography as "an important part" of the Institute for Sex Research's work on homosexuality. (wikipedia.org)
- In a Norwegian pioneer survey among lesbian women and gay men in 1978 (Bergh, Bjerck, & Lund), 56% of the lesbian women (n=86) in the late 1970s reported being in a romantic relationship with another woman. (ejhs.org)
- On December 2, 1978, Tom Reeves of the Boston-Boise Committee convened a meeting called 'Man/Boy Love and the Age of Consent. (freerepublic.com)
- In China, homosexuality was vigorously suppressed when the country instituted its one-child policy in 1978-80. (americanthinker.com)
- First, HIV and the Kaposi' sarcoma virus were initially 'introduced' into gay men via the experimental hepatitis B vaccine programs that took place first in Manhattan in 1978, and continued in other cities until 1981- the same year the 'gay plague' became official. (rense.com)
- He found several that had been collected from gay men in New York and San Francisco in 1978 and 1979, for studying hepatitis B. He and his colleagues tested thousands of these, and a few yielded enough genetic material for him to sequence the complete HIV genome. (theatlantic.com)
- Indeed, the behaviors associated with homosexuality were once criminally punishable in almost every jurisdiction - federal, state, and local - in the United States, and similarly abroad. (stjohndc.org)
- In Uganda, a new bill threatens to make homosexuality punishable by death. (connexions.org)
- Later, a harsher revision of Paragraph 175 of the Criminal Code went into effect, making a broad range of "lewd and lascivious" behavior between men illegal and punishable by imprisonment. (ushmm.org)
- From confederation in 1867, homosexuality was punishable under Canada's criminal law. (fm96.com)
- Partner preferences of gay men and lesbians. (springer.com)
- No time-period effects were identified regarding lesbians' relationships with women and steady relationships with men. (ejhs.org)
- Regarding romantic relationships with men, many women who identify themselves as lesbians have complied with cultural expectations and explored heterosexual relationships on their way towards a lesbian way of life. (ejhs.org)
- Why gay males and lesbians have crawled into bed with heterosexual males and females with respect to abusing bisexual individuals and desiring their non-existence remains to be analysed for all its implications. (ucalgary.ca)
- USA Today said '25 million gay men and lesbians' (11/13/91) [i.e., about 10% of the US population]. (equip.org)
- The belief that violence comes from patriarchal domination was called into question in the early 1990s, when a significant survey of 1,099 American lesbians revealed that they were more physically abused by their (female) partners than women involved with men in traditional relationships. (quadrant.org.au)
- Therefore, lesbianism, while not condoned, did not face the same persecution as male homosexuality, and very few lesbians were arrested or punished. (ushmm.org)
- About 11% of Australian gay men and 33% of lesbians have children. (aifs.gov.au)
- A broad recruitment strategy has already enabled a large sample size with the inclusion of both gay men and lesbians. (biomedcentral.com)
- Irrespective of actual figures, however, it is clear that a substantial number of lesbians and gay men are likely to become parents at some point in their lives. (biomedcentral.com)
- In June 1981, those findings were published in CDC'S Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, or MMWR, which is read by physicians around the world. (pbs.org)
- The report is published in the June 5, 1981, issue of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR). (amfar.org)
- The July 3, 1981, MMWR reports 26 cases of Kaposi's sarcoma (KS), a rare cancer, in homosexual men in both New York and California. (amfar.org)
- The causes of homosexuality are attributable to man's sinful nature, nurture and environment, and personal choice. (conservapedia.com)
- So the Bible is certainly the preeminent authoritative source when it comes to providing a framework when determining the causes of homosexuality. (conservapedia.com)
- This paper discusses some of the recent scientific findings on the causes of homosexuality in the context of a Christian anthropology. (christendom-awake.org)
- Likewise, researchers who examine the causes of homosexuality are often unable to refrain from commenting on the ethical debate. (christendom-awake.org)
- I will begin by providing an overview of the major empirical findings on the causes of homosexuality. (christendom-awake.org)
- The most publicized research studies on the causes of homosexuality have been those examining the role of genetics. (christendom-awake.org)
- for example, the number of cases per million population reported from June 1, 1981, to September 15, 1982, in New York City and San Francisco was roughly 10 times greater than that of the entire country. (cdc.gov)
- As the plaintiff and eventual victor in this landmark case, he is quite literally the reason homosexuality was legalised in Ulster in 1982. (attitude.co.uk)
- Comments like these are commonly heard when the topic of homosexuality comes up for discussion. (equip.org)
- The primary intent of this report is to review the topic of homosexuality in an Adventist context, with particular regard to theological concerns and a survey of some of the scientific literature. (sdakinship.org)
- For instance, many in the ethical debate over homosexuality hold that not only are homosexual acts always immoral but also the very disposition is in some way morally disordered. (christendom-awake.org)
- The debate over homosexuality and homosexual rights has steadily grown over the past two decades and will only continue to do so. (equip.org)
- Yolanda Murphy's chapters, focused on everyday lives of people rather than public ideology, show that the local group is related females, not males, and personal ties within the group follow a matrilineal rather than a patrilineal scheme. (the10000yearexplosion.com)
- The proposed inclusion of a hebephilic sexual orientation (early pubescent males and/or females) in DSM-5 compromises the scientific credibility of psychiatry. (ipce.info)
- To balance the excess male damage and loss 5 percent more males are born than females in the human population. (vernonjohns.org)
- They are able to recognize themselves as either being females or males. (essaysprofessors.com)
- Another question that may arise is if bisexuals are mostly females or males and is there are any difference of male bisexuals and female bisexuals. (essaysprofessors.com)
- Homosexuality: An Annotated Bibliography (1972) is a bibliography of non-fiction literature on homosexuality, edited by the psychologist Alan P. Bell and the sociologist Martin S. Weinberg. (wikipedia.org)
- As a result of this proposal, Homosexuality: An Annotated Bibliography was begun in January 1969, made possible through support given to the Institute for Sex Research by the National Institute of Mental Health. (wikipedia.org)
- Homosexuality: An Annotated Bibliography is a survey of non-fiction literature pertaining to homosexuality published in English (including translations of foreign-language material) between 1940 and 1968. (wikipedia.org)
- Homosexuality: An Annotated Bibliography received a positive review from the sociologist Edward Sagarin in Contemporary Sociology. (wikipedia.org)
- Bell, writing in 1975, commented that in his view he and Weinberg had provided a "comprehensive statement" of the past and present state of research into homosexuality in Homosexuality: An Annotated Bibliography. (wikipedia.org)
- Bell and Weinberg, writing with sociologist Sue Kiefer Hammersmith, noted that their work Sexual Preference (1981) was the culmination of a series of publications that began with Homosexuality: An Annotated Bibliography and included Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women. (wikipedia.org)
- Important works within sociology and social psychology during the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s have exposed social structures that regulated the lives of lesbian and gay men, such as homophobia (Weinberg, 1972), sexual stigma (Plummer, 1975), essentialist notions of sexual orientation (Richardson, 1984) and stereotyping and negative attitudes towards lesbian women and gay men (Herek, 1988). (ejhs.org)
- He was best known for novels set in the Old West, including Mountain Man, the basis for the 1972 Robert Redford film Jeremiah Johnson. (americanfreethought.com)
- The Y-chromosome itself probably evolved from the X. Ounsted and Taylor (1972) suggest that the Y-chromosome slows down the growth rate in the male fetus. (vernonjohns.org)
- One month later, in July 1981, doctors in New York and California reported 30 more MSMs with unusual infections, including Kaposi's sarcoma , severe and persistent herpes sores, and several fungal infections. (google.com)
- In July 1981, CDC advised doctors to 'be alert for Kaposi's sarcoma , PC [ Pneumocystis carinii ] pneumonia, and other opportunistic infections associated with immunosuppression in homosexual men. (google.com)
- Bell and Weinberg hoped to make evident "to the population at large that there is much that we do not know about homosexuality and that homosexuality must be considered from many different vantage points if more is ever to be learned. (wikipedia.org)
- A.P. Bell and M.S. Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having 1,000 or more sex partners. (wnd.com)
- God from the beginning also joined male and female in lifelong marriage, and placed a priority on the family, and provided laws, as needed, for its health and preservation and that of society, while aberrations result from failure to abide by them. (conservapedia.com)
- Evidence for maternally inherited factors favouring male homosexuality and promoting female fecundity. (birthpsychology.com)
- Effects of perinatal exposure to bisphenol A on sociosexual behavior of female and male rats. (birthpsychology.com)
- Self-identified bisexual men report high sexual arousal to both male and female stimuli, but no study to date has compellingly demonstrated that such men have a bisexual pattern of genital arousal. (springer.com)
- The American Psychological Association assures us that homosexuality is 'an orientation found consistently in about ten percent of the male population and approximately five percent of the female population' (2/6/89). (equip.org)
- However, 75% of adult male children and 57% of adult female children reared by homosexuals developed bisexual or homosexual behaviour. (quadrant.org.au)
- Typical female 2nd-4th finger length (2D:4D) ratios in male-to-female transsexuals-possible implications for prenatal androgen exposure. (wikigenes.org)
- It turns out that what Mrs. Friedan means by the ''second stage'' is an effort to enlist the aid of men to attain some of those original goals - namely, the emancipation of women from the home as a primary source of personal identity and the restructuring of the marketplace to accommodate the human needs of both male and female workers. (nytimes.com)
- A series of precise, but somewhat dry philological studies focusing on the male genitals (especially mentula), the female genitals (especially cunnus), and the buttocks (culus). (williamapercy.com)
- Examines the extant written Greco-Roman material on human beings, divinities, animals, and other creatures who were said to have been both female and male. (williamapercy.com)
- The masculinity of male faces (and the femininity of female faces) is described as a sexual dimorphism . (academic.ru)
- Sociocultural factors, such as self-perceived attractiveness, status in a relationship and degree of gender-conformity, have been reported to play a role in female preferences for male faces. (academic.ru)
- Since it was unambiguous in its reference to male prostitution (as opposed to male recourse to female prostitution), he may well have intended it generically' (pp. 344-345). (scribd.com)
- She was a nun who became a television star, talking about art history and rhapsodizing about classical depictions of male and female nudes. (cbsnews.com)
- Sexual deviation is gender-dependent and not only much more frequent but also much more varied in its manifestations in the male than in the female. (vernonjohns.org)
- However, it also means that the male fetus is born relatively more immature compared with the female. (vernonjohns.org)
- This slowing of the growth rate means more health problems for the male than the female. (vernonjohns.org)
- On several important dimensions, male and female brains develop differently. (vernonjohns.org)
- Alfred C. Kinsey publishes Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, following it five years later with Sexual Behavior in the Human Female. (thundersplace.org)
- Summary If homosexuality is neither a normal nor a healthy lifestyle - as I believe this article demonstrates - then the most loving thing we can do is to help homosexuals realize this and offer them our help and encouragement. (equip.org)
- A debate ensued: should homosexuality be suppressed by closing gay bars and baths, outlawing homosexual activity, and rigorously enforcing laws against public sex, etc., thus dampening opportunities for homosexuals to spread the disease? (americanthinker.com)
- Theoretically, if a new virus was deliberately seeded into the male heterosexual community, it would most likely spread amongst heterosexuals, not homosexuals. (rense.com)
- This process has included investigation, discussion and wrangling in our own ranks and among the masses--particularly revolutionary-minded youth, both "straight" and "gay," as well as long term progressive activists who are also homosexuals--and re-examining and reflecting on past comments and criticisms of the position in our previous Programme and of the 1988 Revolution magazine article, "On the Question of Homosexuality and the Emancipation of Women. (revcom.us)
- The revolutionary proletariat is staunchly opposed to the attacks on homosexuality by reactionary forces such as religious fundamentalists, and to all physical assaults on, discrimination against, and government repression of homosexuals, which is so widespread and vicious in the U.S. today. (revcom.us)
- If homosexuality is safe, why do homosexuals spread the most STDs and literally tear apart each others' sphincters? (pastebin.com)
- Along with John Pollock's excellent new biography of Kitchener, which dismissed accusations of homosexuality against the great Victorian soldier, this might at last be the time to lay to rest the debilitating myth that the many asexuals who helped build the British Empire were really repressed homosexuals. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Although several of these social structures may still be strong, structural changes relevant to lesbian women and gay men seem to have taken place in Norway and other Westernized societies since the 1980s. (ejhs.org)
- It is necessary to assess whether these structural, attitudinal, and conceptual changes have actually altered the living conditions for lesbian women and gay men so that important aspects in their lives are different today compared with only two decades ago. (ejhs.org)
- In the late 1990s, 69% of the lesbian respondents (n=1135) in a national survey among lesbian women and gay men reported having a steady relationship with another woman (Hegna, Kristiansen, & Moseng, 1999). (ejhs.org)
- A 2006 Dutch study found that homosexual men more frequently used mental and somatic health care than heterosexual men - and lesbian/bisexual women more frequently used mental health care than heterosexual women. (wnd.com)
- The incidence of violent abuse is extremely high in lesbian relationships, and in homosexual relationships studies have found the violence to be double that of heterosexual males. (wnd.com)
- The Washington Times said '10 percent of American men are homosexual and 5 percent of women are lesbian' (11/19/91). (equip.org)
- The Gay and Lesbian Medical Association was founded in 1981 as the American Association of Physicians for Human Rights. (wikipedia.org)
- Given the publicity of gay/lesbian issues, pronouncements have varied regarding the social significance of homosexuality - from predictions of abject catastrophe to euphoric egalitarianism. (sdakinship.org)
- Masha Gessen (lesbian activist) If homosexuality is comparable to infertility, then it is a disability. (pastebin.com)
- Data from the 2001 Australian census indicates that one in five lesbian couples, and up to five percent of gay male couples, have a child or children living with them at home. (biomedcentral.com)
- 2 , 3 After homosexuality was removed from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 4 in 1973, women who had conceived children in the context of heterosexual marriage and identified as lesbian at the time of divorce faced stiff opposition in the courts when they sought to retain custody. (aappublications.org)
- Thus, a woman who is attracted to other women, but calls herself heterosexual and only has sexual relations with men, can be said to experience discordance between her sexual orientation (homosexual or lesbian) and her sexual identity and behaviours (heterosexual). (menstuff.org)
- Produced with the help of the American National Institute of Mental Health and written with the aid of summarizing research into homosexuality, it contains 1265 items, with an emphasis on psychology, psychiatry, and sociology. (wikipedia.org)
- Therefore, the proper role of psychiatry and psychology (and supporting social organizations) for those who are dissatisfied with their same-sex attraction is not to help them change - even if they wish to - but to help them to become comfortable with their homosexuality. (stjohndc.org)
- Sexual Preference: Its Development in Men and Women. (wikipedia.org)
- Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women. (wikipedia.org)
- As regards homosexuality, from the beginning of the Bible and throughout, it consistently teaches that God only sexually joined opposite genders together, sanctifying them in marriage, having created men and women uniquely compatible and complementary. (conservapedia.com)
- Specifically, we studied romantic relationships with women, romantic relationships with men, and giving birth. (ejhs.org)
- From men who overidentified with their jobs only to discover that human satisfaction had eluded them, she hears warnings about ''dead ends for women'' if they, too, follow this path. (nytimes.com)
- The cost of this feminist reaction against male domination, Mrs. Friedan now believes, is that many women felt forced to abandon or deny their human needs for home, mate and children. (nytimes.com)
- Her strategy calls for a joint effort by men and women to redefine what is meant by success at home and on the job so that the needs of both sexes for achievement, intimacy and nurturance can find adequate expression. (nytimes.com)
- In some groups couples fall in love, marry, and work together to provide for their family, while in others women work, usually in their gardens, to produce food for themselves, their children, and for the men. (the10000yearexplosion.com)
- We learn that males and their relationships to other males are the central edifices of society, but we only learn this if we talk exclusively with males and ignore the women. (the10000yearexplosion.com)
- As the need for active military defense went away the bonds of kinship between related males became less powerful and a matrilineal matrilocal organization emerged on the ground as women moved to be with their kin. (the10000yearexplosion.com)
- Men, on average, tend to be attracted by women who are shorter than they are, have a youthful appearance and exhibit features such as a symmetrical face, [ 6 ] full breasts, full lips, and a low waist-hip ratio. (academic.ru)
- Studies have shown that ovulating heterosexual women (and homosexual men) prefer faces with masculine traits associated with increased exposure to testosterone during key developmental stages, such as prominent and broad cheekbones, [ 19 ] a relatively longer lower face, developed brows, and chiseled jawlines. (academic.ru)
- [ 24 ] Studies have found that women who perceive themselves as physically attractive are more likely to choose men with masculine facial dimorphism, than are women who perceive themselves as physically unattractive. (academic.ru)
- At the same time, it is important to grasp that same sex relations do not escape and do not exist outside of the prevailing family and sexual relations and the corresponding ideology of male supremacy that oppress women in this society. (revcom.us)
- To adopt the famous French dictum there are three sexes: Men, women and empire builders. (telegraph.co.uk)
- But it is not just in the field of deviancy that men have a poorer record than women. (vernonjohns.org)
- Given that only free men had full status, women and male slaves were not problematic sexual partners. (stanford.edu)
- The passive role was acceptable only for inferiors, such as women, slaves, or male youths who were not yet citizens. (stanford.edu)
- Some bisexuals love both women and men the same while on others they prefer one gender more than the other. (essaysprofessors.com)
- As homosexual men and women we knew we had no civil rights, our sexuality was illegal. (nzonscreen.com)
- Few people (and fewer still would want to) understand specifically how extreme and uncommon male homosexual intercourse and homosexual activity is and can be. (wnd.com)
- The "binary" refers to the recent belief that only homosexual and heterosexual people exist, and this belief is likely implicated in the rising North American youth suicide rate since 1950, males having accounted for about 90% of the increase in youth suicide ( Tremblay and Ramsay, 2000 ). (ucalgary.ca)
- But millions of people in our society believe that homosexuality is a healthy and acceptable alternative lifestyle. (equip.org)
- Any attributions about homosexuality and their parenting would have to be confounded by the fact that home life of these people may have been troubling and contribute to the multiple problems that brought them to therapy. (wthrockmorton.com)
- There are reasons from later research to believe that the group of people who seek therapy related to homosexuality is likely to have more troubling parent-child relationships than those who do not seek therapy. (wthrockmorton.com)
- If homosexuality is comparable to straight people engaging in oral sex, then it is a fetish. (pastebin.com)
- People were so desperate and the disease so overwhelming that even the most sober-minded and intellectually skeptical men were ready to anoint it as an almost mystical elixir from the East--from China--which would save all their gay brothers whom Western science had failed. (aliciapatterson.org)
- First, the interpretation of theDSM-III definition of mental disorder in the discussion about homosexuality left many people with the impression that subjective distress and impairment are necessary criteria to diagnose a mental disorder. (ipce.info)
- Suddenly and simultaneously, people in several major cities-gay men in particular-started developing immune problems, opportunistic infections, and skin cancers. (theatlantic.com)
- Many people have different views mostly men. (essaysprofessors.com)
- Many men would prefer to be with bisexual girlfriends so that they may end up having multiple girlfriends with no conflicts, while other people would hate to have bisexuals due to their faith and beliefs. (essaysprofessors.com)
- Walker is merely noting an indisputable truth: traditional gender roles in marriage used to be mandated by law - the man was legally put in charge of his wife, and his wife's rights were severely limited by the law - but this is no longer the case. (boxturtlebulletin.com)
- This understanding of the central purposes of marriage is well expressed by William Blackstone, who, speaking of the "great relations in private life," describes the relationship of "husband and wife" as "founded in nature, but modified by civil society: the one directing man to continue and multiply his species, the other prescribing the manner in which that natural impulse must be confined and regulated. (boxturtlebulletin.com)
- Fish Out of Water (2009) - a spirited documentary that explores the seven Bible passages notoriously used to condemn homosexuality and justify marriage discrimination. (cathedralofhope.com)
- In Lockyer v. City and County of San Francisco , 33 Cal.4th 1055 (2004), this court concluded that public officials of the City and County of San Francisco acted unlawfully by issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples in the absence of a judicial determination that the California statutes limiting marriage to a union between a man and a woman are unconstitutional. (danpinello.com)
- This paper examines the research and focuses on how and why some fetuses lack male hormones at the end of pregnancy, which along with stress responses may trigger a high level of activity in the mother's adrenal glands impacting the developing child's later sexual orientation. (birthpsychology.com)
- 1993). A linkage between markers on the X chromosome and male sexual orientatiom. (birthpsychology.com)
- 1995 ) found no peer influence on gay male adolescent sexual behavior. (springer.com)
- We examined sexual arousal patterns among bisexual men recruited using stringent criteria designed to exclude those who were less likely to have sexual interest in both sexes. (springer.com)
- Patterns of sexual arousal in homosexual, bisexual, and heterosexual men. (springer.com)
- The en banc court held that sexual orientation discrimination was motivated, at least in part, by sex and was thus a subset of sex discrimination. (justia.com)
- After determining that it had jurisdiction, the en banc court vacated the district court's judgment as to the Title VII claim and held that plaintiff was entitled to bring a claim for discrimination based on sexual orientation. (justia.com)
- We convened this rehearing en banc to consider whether Title VII prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation such that our 2 precedents to the contrary should be overruled. (justia.com)
- De Cecco's definition of sexual orientation, 1981). (ejhs.org)
- scientists believe that increased numbers of sexually transmitted disease cases is the result of an increase in risky sexual practices by a growing number of [homosexual] men who believe HIV is no longer a life-threatening illness. (wnd.com)
- The truth is that, according to the Medical Institute for Sexual Health, pathogens associated with enteritis and proctocolitis "appear only to be sexually transmitted among men who have sex with men. (wnd.com)
- Suffolk County District Attorney Garrett Byrne alleged that the men used drugs and video games to lure the boys into a house, where they photographed them as they engaged in sexual activity. (freerepublic.com)
- A Linkage Between DNA Markers on the X Chromosome and Male Sexual Orientation" (1993), by Dean H. Hamer and Charles A. Thomas. (asu.edu)
- If a boy did not identify with father as a resolution to the Oedipal drama, he would likely identify with mother thus preferring males as sexual objects. (wthrockmorton.com)
- Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, the first " Kinsey Report ", was published by Dr. Alfred Kinsey . (wikipedia.org)
- In samples of sexual offenders recruited from clinics and correctional facilities, men whose offense histories or assessment results suggest erotic interests in pubescents sometimes outnumber those whose data suggest erotic interest in prepubertal children. (ipce.info)
- The only way for a gay man (or any sexual person) to be sure his sex partner is not infected is to assume that all his partners are HIV-positive and to insist on condom use. (rense.com)
- But why do we now have to 'educate' gay men with untruths in order for them to change their sexual habits? (rense.com)
- Men with psychogenic impotence cialis erectiestoornis pil lily brand in diabetics has been found to engage in sexual intercourse (in about 45% of men with international prostate symptom score (ipss). (salganyc.org)
- Men with coronary artery grafting, sexual function (erectile or libido) was observed. (salganyc.org)
- These men and thousands of others channelled energy that would otherwise have been dissipated by sexual thoughts and actions into creating enduring imperial institutions. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Over half (63%) of adult and adolescent males living with an HIV diagnosis in 2008 became infected through male-to-male sexual contact. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Non-westernized concepts of male sexuality differ essentially from the way sexuality is seen and classified under the system of Sexual Orientation. (menstuff.org)
- http://www.warriorsfortruth.com/nambla.html In 1980 a NAMBLA general meeting passed a resolution, proposed by Tom Reeves, which said: '(1) The North American Man/Boy Love Association calls for the abolition of age-of-consent and all other laws which prevent men and boys from freely enjoying their bodies. (freerepublic.com)
- By comparison, homosexual males constituted 29% of new U.S. HIV infections in 1998 (3), and somewhere between 66% and 69% in 2013 (4). (americanthinker.com)
- The most recent HIV infection report from the U.S., involving homosexual males, IV drug abusers, and heterosexuals, underscores Dr. Zunyou's assessment (see Table 1). (americanthinker.com)
- This means that reparative therapist believe the family structure which is common to homosexual males is a too-close, smother-mother and a distant or hostile father who ridicules, diminishes or ignores the son's developing masculinity. (wthrockmorton.com)
- He oversaw radical social reforms on divorce, abortion, homosexuality and penal reform, earning himself the title "the architect of the permissive society" in the press. (bbc.co.uk)
- In 1967, then-justice minister Trudeau began calling for reforms to decriminalize homosexuality in Canada's Criminal Code, which passed two years later. (fm96.com)
- Dr. Zunyou, aware of outcomes across the world, concluded that no matter the language, culture, or prevention scheme, refusal by gay males to protect themselves and others from infection is a sort of 'constant. (americanthinker.com)
- The Center's gay media blitz is being conducted ostensibly to stop the excessive rate of new HIV infection in gay men in West Hollywood. (rense.com)
- The Bible , being the most comprehensive transcendent moral authority, abundantly deals with human nature and behavior and consistently manifests that the nature of man has not changed since the Fall . (conservapedia.com)
- Male cross-gender behavior in Myanmar (Burma): a description of the acault. (wikigenes.org)
- As Corvino points out, most debates about the moral status of homosexuality focus on three main issues: nature, harm, and religion (p. xviii). (h-net.org)
- References to natural law still play an important role in contemporary debates about homosexuality in religion, politics, and even courtrooms. (stanford.edu)
- Chaucer Review 16.1 (Summer 1981): 38-59. (archive.org)
- Chaucer Review 16.1 (Summer 1981): 60-75. (archive.org)
- We have also embarked upon a fairly comprehensive survey of key contemporary studies (see bibliography) and a review of some of the key scholarship on homosexuality, which has also assisted us, informing the new Draft Programme's position as well as this accompanying position paper. (revcom.us)
- this brief review of the delisting of homosexuality from the DSM highlights three important points . (ipce.info)
- One day we had a young gay man who came into the hospital with all sorts of problems, but dominated by shortness of breath. (pbs.org)
- Garth Maxwell's Beyond Gravity showed two young gay men in love - Christine Parker's Peach emphasised woman on woman eroticism - these were radical departures. (nzonscreen.com)
- In 1967, the Institute for Sex Research proposed to the National Institute of Mental Health that a summary of research into homosexuality should be made. (wikipedia.org)
- Perhaps the most fascinating statistic cited (constantly and confidently) in research of homosexuality is that ten percent of the United States population is homosexual. (equip.org)
- The annotated items listed below are a supplement to the list of twenty years ago that appeared in Wayne R. Dynes, Homosexuality: A Research Guide (items 459-570). (williamapercy.com)
- In 1993, Dean H. Hamer and colleagues in the US published results from their research that indicated that men with speicifc genes were more likely to be homosexual than were men without those genes. (asu.edu)
- Hamer's research suggested a possible genetic cause of homosexuality. (asu.edu)
- 1 Although research had established by the late 1960s that homosexuality is not a mental illness, public opinion has been slow to catch up. (aappublications.org)
- So far, Fairbrother's case rests heavily on the album of male nudes, which he first presented as evidence of Sargent's homosexuality in a 1981 article. (artnews.com)
- Heterosexual men have told me they look like locker-room nudes-the kind of athletic male bodies they admire in sporting events. (artnews.com)
- Freud claimed that a clash between Eros and civilization results in the history of Man being one of his repression: "Our civilization is, generally speaking, founded on the suppression of instincts. (wikipedia.org)
- Moshfegh's book explores the friendship between two men as well as society's repression of homosexuality, the suppression of feelings and the fragility of existence. (literaturfestival.com)