Health Services Administration
Motion Pictures as Topic
Decision Making, Organizational
Delivery of Health Care
A country in Southeastern Asia, northwest of Australia in the Lesser Sunda Islands at the eastern end of the Indonesian archipelago. It includes the eastern half of the island of Timor, the Oecussi (Ambeno) region on the northwest portion of the island of Timor, and the islands of Pulau Atauro and Pulau Jaco. On May 20, 2002, East Timor was internationally recognized as an independent state. This followed its declared independence from Portugal on November 20, 1975 and a period of armed conflict with Indonesia.
Health Care Reform
Innovation and improvement of the health care system by reappraisal, amendment of services, and removal of faults and abuses in providing and distributing health services to patients. It includes a re-alignment of health services and health insurance to maximum demographic elements (the unemployed, indigent, uninsured, elderly, inner cities, rural areas) with reference to coverage, hospitalization, pricing and cost containment, insurers' and employers' costs, pre-existing medical conditions, prescribed drugs, equipment, and services.
National Health Programs
Health Care Sector
Theoretical construct used in applied mathematics to analyze certain situations in which there is an interplay between parties that may have similar, opposed, or mixed interests. In a typical game, decision-making "players," who each have their own goals, try to gain advantage over the other parties by anticipating each other's decisions; the game is finally resolved as a consequence of the players' decisions.
The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)
Health insurance coverage for all persons in a state or country, rather than for some subset of the population. It may extend to the unemployed as well as to the employed; to aliens as well as to citizens; for pre-existing conditions as well as for current illnesses; for mental as well as for physical conditions.
Health Plan Implementation
The process of bargaining in order to arrive at an agreement or compromise on a matter of importance to the parties involved. It also applies to the hearing and determination of a case by a third party chosen by the parties in controversy, as well as the interposing of a third party to reconcile the parties in controversy.
Interviews as Topic
Advertising as Topic
The process of minimizing risk to an organization by developing systems to identify and analyze potential hazards to prevent accidents, injuries, and other adverse occurrences, and by attempting to handle events and incidents which do occur in such a manner that their effect and cost are minimized. Effective risk management has its greatest benefits in application to insurance in order to avert or minimize financial liability. (From Slee & Slee: Health care terms, 2d ed)
Conservation of Natural Resources
Communication, in the sense of cross-fertilization of ideas, involving two or more academic disciplines (such as the disciplines that comprise the cross-disciplinary field of bioethics, including the health and biological sciences, the humanities, and the social sciences and law). Also includes problems in communication stemming from differences in patterns of language usage in different academic or medical disciplines.
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
World Health Organization
Analysis of Variance
Pattern Recognition, Visual
Attitude of Health Personnel
The act, process, or result of passing from one place or position to another. It differs from LOCOMOTION in that locomotion is restricted to the passing of the whole body from one place to another, while movement encompasses both locomotion but also a change of the position of the whole body or any of its parts. Movement may be used with reference to humans, vertebrate and invertebrate animals, and microorganisms. Differentiate also from MOTOR ACTIVITY, movement associated with behavior.
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Health Services Accessibility
Quality Assurance, Health Care
Activities and programs intended to assure or improve the quality of care in either a defined medical setting or a program. The concept includes the assessment or evaluation of the quality of care; identification of problems or shortcomings in the delivery of care; designing activities to overcome these deficiencies; and follow-up monitoring to ensure effectiveness of corrective steps.
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Continental Population Groups
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
Image Processing, Computer-Assisted
Primary Health Care
The intracellular transfer of information (biological activation/inhibition) through a signal pathway. In each signal transduction system, an activation/inhibition signal from a biologically active molecule (hormone, neurotransmitter) is mediated via the coupling of a receptor/enzyme to a second messenger system or to an ion channel. Signal transduction plays an important role in activating cellular functions, cell differentiation, and cell proliferation. Examples of signal transduction systems are the GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID-postsynaptic receptor-calcium ion channel system, the receptor-mediated T-cell activation pathway, and the receptor-mediated activation of phospholipases. Those coupled to membrane depolarization or intracellular release of calcium include the receptor-mediated activation of cytotoxic functions in granulocytes and the synaptic potentiation of protein kinase activation. Some signal transduction pathways may be part of larger signal transduction pathways; for example, protein kinase activation is part of the platelet activation signal pathway.
RNA sequences that serve as templates for protein synthesis. Bacterial mRNAs are generally primary transcripts in that they do not require post-transcriptional processing. Eukaryotic mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus and must be exported to the cytoplasm for translation. Most eukaryotic mRNAs have a sequence of polyadenylic acid at the 3' end, referred to as the poly(A) tail. The function of this tail is not known for certain, but it may play a role in the export of mature mRNA from the nucleus as well as in helping stabilize some mRNA molecules by retarding their degradation in the cytoplasm.
1930s in film
Actor Errol Flynn, best known for his role as Robin Hood, saw his first starring part in Captain Blood. The Marx Brothers, ... In 1935, appeared Werewolf of London and The Raven leading to 1939's The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Sequels/spin-offs Within five ... A number of actors from the previous decade continued to be well regarded, such as Charlie Chaplin and Greta Garbo. The Hays ... "The "It" Actors: 1930-2000". WarnerBros.com. Warner Brothers Entertainment Inc. February 25, 2017. Retrieved May 18, 2019. ...
List of women writers (A-L)
actor Sheila Meiring Fugard (b. 1932, England/South Africa), fiction wr. & pw. Mihona Fujii (藤井みほな, b. 1974, Japan), manga ... actor Christiane Gohl (b. 1958, Germany), ch. wr. Namita Gokhale (b. 1956, India), fiction & non-f. wr. Hawa Jande Golakai (b. ... actor Éilís Ní Dhuibhne (b. 1954, Ireland), fiction wr. Christine D'haen (1923-2009), wr. & poet in French Dhuoda (c. 803-c. ... actor Alexandra Nikitichna Annenskaya (1840-1915, Russia), YA wr. Moyoco Anno (安野モヨコ, b. 1971, Japan), manga creator Núria Añó ...
Vittorio De Sica: Actor, Director, Auteur. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2009. Lilia Dale at IMDb v t e. ... Il signor Max (1937) Nonna Felicità (1938) Mad Animals (1939) Who Are You? (1939) Red Tavern (1940) Manon Lescaut (1940) Le ... attrici dal 1930 ai giorni nostri, pg. 93 Cardullo p.100 Bert Cardullo. ...
2020 in Pakistan
... actor (b. 1950). March 14 - Mubashir Hassan, politician (b. 1922). June 26 - Munawar Hasan, former Ameer Jamat E Islami (b. ... 1941). June 22 - Allama Talib Jauhari, Islamic scholar (b. 1939). June 20 - Mufti Muhammad ...
ISBN 978-0-671-61081-4. Raw, Lawrence (2012). Character Actors in Horror and Science Fiction Films, 1930-1960. McFarland. ISBN ... "El troveador de la radio (1939)". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved December 22, 2016. "El otro soy yo (1939)". Turner Classic ... 978-0-7864-4474-8. Senn, Bryan (2006) . Golden Horrors: An Illustrated Critical Filmography of Terror Cinema, 1931-1939. ...
2013 in Sri Lanka
12 January - Guy de Alwis, cricketer (b. 1959). 13 January - Wickrama Bogoda,72 (actor) 13 January - Festus Perera, politician ... singer and actor. 6 August - Seetha Kumari, actress. 11 August - Denis Perera, army officer (b. 1930). 15 August - Selliah ... actor (b. 1938). 28 April - Jayatilake Podinilame, politician. 21 May - Daya T. Pasqual, politician (b. 1912). 30 May - ... Jayalath Jayawardena, politician and physician (b. 1953). 9 June - K. T. Francis, cricket umpire (b. 1939). 26 July - Maurice ...
2020 in Germany
... actor (b. 1958). 4 June - Wolfgang Krause, politician (CDU) (b. 1936). 5 June Werner Böhm, ... actor (b. 1928). Anna Blume, photograph (b. 1936). 19 June Klaus Haller, politician (CDU) (b ... German actor and film director (b. 1942) 24 September - Gerry Weber, Geman designer and entrepreneur (b. 1941) 27 September - ... actor, writer and director (b. 1936). 1 March Carsten Bresch, physicist and geneticist (b. 1921). Peter ...
2017 in Norway
... actor (b. 1932). 17 December - Ingmund Holtås, skier (b. 1933). 18 December - Johan C. Løken, politician (b. 1944). 19 December ... actor (b. 1936). 11 November - Lars Oftedal Broch, Supreme Court justice (b. 1939). 11 November - Willy Johan Fredriksen, ... 1939). 7 June - Jan Høiland, singer (b. 1939) 8 June - Morten Ågheim, ski jumper (b. 1980) 9 June - Frank A. Jenssen, ... 1930). 26 March - Audun Bakke, editor (b. 1933). 3 April - Leif Klette, fencer (b. 1927). 6 April - Rolf Sagen, author (b. 1940 ...
Peter Trevor Collingwood (6 May 1920 - 23 September 2016) was an English-born actor who appeared on stage in England and ... "Former H&A Actor Peter Collingwood Dies". Back to the Bay. Wearing, J. P. (15 May 2014). The London Stage 1930-1939: A Calendar ...
Her first husband was the actor Milton Sills. She wed Sills on October 12, 1926. She was widowed in 1930. She had one son with ... Slide, Anthony (2010). "Doris Kenyon". Silent Players: A Biographical and Autobiographical Study of 100 Silent Film Actors and ... Kenyon was cast opposite actor George Arliss in two films: Alexander Hamilton (1931) and Voltaire (1933). She participated in ... They divorced in 1939. Her final marriage was to musician Bronislaw Mlynarski in 1947. He was the son of composer Emil ...
2014 in jazz
American singer and actor (born 1913). 5 - Aaron Sachs, American saxophonist and clarinetist (born 1923). 12 - Jimmy Scott, ... born 1939). 3 - Kenny Drew Jr., American pianist (born 1958). 15 - John Blake Jr., American violinist (born 1947). 22 - John ... born 1930). 25 - Jack Bruce, Scottish bassist, composer and orchestra leader (born 1943). 31 - Renato Sellani, Italian pianist ... born 1939). 20 - Joe Bonner, American pianist (born 1948). 2 - Chris White, American upright bassist (born 1936). 20 - Ronnie ...
2019 in Trinidad and Tobago
Louis dies Former TT player Marcano, dies in car crash Trinidad actor Raymond Choo Kong found stabbed to death Former Senate ... Louis, table tennis player (b. 1968). 30 May - Jason Marcano, footballer (b. 1983). 15 July - Raymond Choo Kong, actor (b. 1949 ... 1929/1930). 29 October - Mustapha Matura, playwright (b. 1939). 16 November - Satnarayan Maharaj, Hindu religious leader (b. ...
2019 in Portugal
... actor (b. 1939). 10 February - Fernando Peres, footballer (b. 1943). 20 February - Teotónio de Souza, historian (b. 1946). 21 ... 14 January - Francisco de Oliveira Dias, politician (b. 1930). 24 January - Altino Pinto de Magalhães, military officer and ... 1930). 3 June - Agustina Bessa-Luís, writer (b. 1922). 1 July: Manuel da Costa Braz [pt], military officer and politician (b. ...
2020 in the Netherlands
Dutch actor. "CDA members in Brabant say 'yes' to alliance with far-right FvD". April 30, 2020. Taylor, Adam (September 22, ... actor (De Stratemakeropzeeshow, Sesamstraat, Pinkeltje) and television presenter (b. 1938). 24 January - Rob Rensenbrink, Dutch ... footballer (b. 1947). 29 February - Herman Redemeijer, Dutch politician (b. 1930). 10 July - Lara van Ruijven, Dutch speed ... skater (b. 1992). 30 July - Maarten Biesheuvel, writer (b. 1939). 19 December - Bram van der Vlugt, ...
Abraham Lincoln High School (Brooklyn)
born 1936), class of 1954, basketball player, Academy Award-winning actor. Howard Greenfield (1936-1986) songwriter. Michael ... film and television actor. Arthur Kornberg (1918-2007), class of 1933, recipient of the 1959 Nobel Prize in Medicine. Mort ... film and television actor. Frank Frazetta (born 1928), artist. Maksim Gelman, spree killer. Shirley Gorelick (1924-2000), ... From when the school opened its doors in September 1930 through the next 25 years, the school principal was Dr. Gabriel R. ...
2012 in Europe
born 1948) September 27: Herbert Lom, 95, Czech film and television actor. (born 1917) October 1: Eric Hobsbawm, 95, British ... born 1933) November 21: Șerban Ionescu, 62, Romanian actor. (born 1950) November 25 Dave Sexton, 82, English football manager ... born 1935) January 25: Emil Hossu, 70, Romanian actor. (born 1941) January 29: Francois Migault, 67, French racing driver. ( ... born 1933) February 29: Davy Jones, 66, English recording artist and actor. (born 1945) March 7: Wlodzimierz Smolarek, 54, ...
The Corn Is Green
... is a 1938 semi-autobiographical play by Welsh dramatist and actor Emlyn Williams. The play premiered in ... Krebs, Albin (September 26, 1987). "Emlyn Williams, Welsh Actor and Writer, Dies". The New York Times. Retrieved 2016-10-18. ... Folkart, Burt A. (September 26, 1987). "Welsh Dramatist and Actor Emlyn Williams Dies at 81". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2016 ... adopted son of Actor Helen Hayes) first appeared on stage. It was James' sister Mary who got young James his part, pleading ...
2014 in Sri Lanka
... actor, writer (born 1944). 16 March - Sanjeewa Kavirathna, politician (born 1969). 17 March Mercy Edirisinghe, actress and ... 14 January - A. V. Suraweera, academic and author (born 1930). 19 January - Stanley Jeyaraja Tambiah, academic (born 1929). 23 ... 8 February - Premji Gnanasundaram, writer (born 1930). 13 February - Balu Mahendra, film director (born 1939). 26 February - K ...
2007 in France
... actor (born 1925). 22 October - Ève Curie, author and writer, daughter of Marie and Pierre Curie (born 1904). 24 October - ... actor (born 1932). 30 April - Grégory Lemarchal, singer (born 1983). 18 May - Pierre-Gilles de Gennes, physicist and the Nobel ... singer and actor (born 1927). 13 December - Alain Payet, adult film director (born 1947). 15 December - Jean Bottéro, historian ... actor (born 1928). July - François Bruhat, mathematician (born 1929). 5 August - Henri Amouroux, historian and journalist (born ...
List of people from Kingston, New York
Josh Eppard (b. 1979), drummer for progressive rock band Coheed and Cambria; born in Kingston John Glover (b. 1944), actor, ... writer and actor; born in Kingston Larry Cohen (1941-2019), film producer, director, and screenwriter; born in Kingston Robert ... born in Kingston Tom Hart (b. 1969), comics creator, born in Kingston Robert Hutton (1920-1994), film actor; born and died in ... television and Broadway theatre director and actor; born in Kingston Pauline Oliveros composer, performer, humanitarian, ...
2015 in India
"Telugu Actor Ahuti Prasad Dies". NDTV. 4 January 2015. "Actor-politician Upendra Trivedi takes the last bow". The Indian ... Among the 50 recipients were actor Amitabh Bachchan, actor Dilip Kumar, nuclear scientist M.R. Srinivasan, mathematician Manjul ... Telugu actor (born 1958). Upendra Trivedi, 78, Gujarati actor and director (born 1936). 5 January - Ganesh Patro, 69, Telugu ... Telugu actor (born 1951) 24 January - V. S. Raghavan, 89, Tamil actor (born 1925) 25 January - Sarojini Mahishi, 88, translator ...
... and film actor of Jamaican and Bahamian descent, considered to be the first Black actor to have a successful film career. His ... becoming the first Black actor to earn $1 million. He was also the first Black actor to receive featured screen credit in a ... In his teens, Perry became a comic character actor. By the age of 20, Perry had become a vaudeville artist and the manager of a ... In the sound Our Gang era black actors Matthew Beard and Billie Thomas were featured. The Black performers' personas in Our ...
She appeared in several films and was the mother of actors Daniel and Anna Massey. Allen was born in Manchester on 7 February ... She had two children with Raymond Massey, Daniel and Anna, who later became actors. The marriage ended in divorce in 1939. ... Her first West End appearance followed in July 1930, where she played the role of Sibyl in Noël Coward's Private Lives. ... 1930) The Stronger Sex (1931) The Woman Between (1931) Black Coffee (1931) Merrily We Go to Hell (1932) The Night of June 13 ( ...
The Good Companions (play)
Several of the actors reprised their roles for the 1933 film adaptation, notably Gielgud. A New York production the same year ... Wearing p.116 Wearing p.116 Wearing p.116 Wearing, J. P. The London Stage 1930-1939: A Calendar of Productions, Performers, and ...
In 1997, actor and director Rein Oja established the Salme Reek Award; a theatre award granted by a jury to stage directors, ... Salme Reek became a member of the Estonian Actors' Union in 1934 and a member of the Estonian Theater Union in 1949. In 1949, ... Salme Reek married stage designer and actor Päären Raudvee in 1930. The couple divorced in 1939. In 1941, Reek began a long- ... actors, and artists who create or excel in performances of remarkable artistic and child-friendly works. Merited Artist of the ...
Francis (given name)
Francis Albert "Frank" Sinatra (1915-1998), American singer, actor, and producer. Francis Rossi (born 1949), British musician. ... Francis Alick "Frankie" Howerd (1917-1992), British comedian and actor. Francis Irving, British computer programmer and ... Francis Donald Logan (born 1930), American historian Francis Drake (1540-1596), English sea captain. Francis Elliott ( ... Francis Ford Coppola (born 1939), American film-director, producer, and screenwriter. ...
2013 in Canada
... actor, writer, historian and broadcaster (CBC) (born 1928). August 15 - August Schellenberg, 77, actor (born 1936) Robert R. ... "Actor Richard Collins aka Philadelphia Collins from the Trailer Park Boys has passed away". Archived from the original on June ... "Dances With Wolves actor Jimmy Herman dies in Edmonton". Archived from the original on September 18, 2013. Kuiperij, Jon ( ... Nelson, Valerie J. (March 10, 2013). "Micky Moore dies at 98; director and early Hollywood actor". Los Angeles Times. Johnston ...
... (1889-1960) was an Italian stage and film actor. Golden Arrow (1935) The Former Mattia Pascal (1937) Who Are ... Struggles of the Italian film industry during fascism, 1930-1935. UMI Research Press, 1985. Guido Barbarisi at IMDb v t e v t e ... 1939) Annabella's Adventure (1943) Adam and Eve (1949) Passionate Song (1953) Beatrice Cenci (1956) Mancini p.234 Mancini, ...
2009 in jazz
American pianist and actor (born 1919). 25 - Tito Alberti, Argentine drummer (born 1923). April 2 - Bud Shank, American alto ... American singer and actor (born 1927). Winston Mankunku Ngozi, South African tenor saxophonist (born 1943). 14 - Jerry van ... born 1930). 15 - Wayman Tisdale, American basketball player and bass guitarist (born 1964). 21 - Uli Trepte, German upright ... born 1930). 11 - Jarmo Savolainen, Finnish pianist and composer (born 1961). 16 Charlie Mariano, American saxophonist (born ...
In 1928 he joined a group of young actors in the Guild of Experimental Drama; after its dissolution he joined a traveling ... In Tanya (1939), a woman whose life is shattered by the death of her husband finally finds meaning and purpose serving the sick ... He moved to Moscow in 1930; in 1935 he wrote the play Dal'nyaya doroga (A long road) and in 1939 Tanya, his two most successful ...
On loan-out to Warner Bros., she starred with him in Beau Brummel (1924). The older actor wooed the young actress, but their ... April 6, 1939.. *^ a b c d e Sorel, Edward (September 14, 2016). "Inside the Trial of Actress Mary Astor, Old Hollywood's ... After 109 movies in a career spanning 45 years, she turned in her Screen Actors Guild card and retired. ... Over the next few years, she had roles in The Prisoner of Zenda (1937), John Ford's The Hurricane (1937), Midnight (1939) and ...
Actor Clint Eastwood recalled seeing Wills when he was 18 or 19 (1948 or 1949) and working at a pulp mill in Springfield, ... 1939 "I Wonder If You Feel the Way I Do" / "That's What I Like About the South" Vocalion 04566 ... In 1930 Milton Brown joined the group as lead vocalist and brought a sense of innovation and experimentation to the band, and ...
Matador (Danish TV series)
Consul Holm, the chairman of Korsbæk Bank, dies (The actor, Karl Stegger, in fact died in 1980 after a long illness and the ... Schwann dies (off-screen). (The actor playing Mr. Schwann, Arthur Jensen, had demanded a raise and made a media affair of it ... When theater comes to town, the character "Fede" (Benny Hansen) says he prefers more well-known actors like Arthur Jensen, a ... which were portrayed by a wide range of the most popular Danish actors at the time; but also not least because of its accurate ...
... "the fundamental cause of the disparity lies in the actor himself, and his original purpose." His reading of American history ... "From a Christian Socialist to a Christian Realist: Reinhold Niebuhr and the Soviet Union, 1930-1945"[permanent dead link]. Ph.D ... The Nature and Destiny of Man: A Christian Interpretation, Charles Scribner's Sons (1943), from his 1939 Gifford Lectures, ... Leaves from the Notebook of a Tamed Cynic, Richard R. Smith pub, (1930), Westminster John Knox Press 1991 reissue: .mw-parser- ...
Joe E. Brown
Daws Butler, Characters Actor: Ben Ohmart, Joe Bevilacqua: 9781593930158: Amazon.com: Books. ASIN 1593930151.. CS1 maint: ASIN ... Don Brown, Actor's Son, Dies In Bomber Crash". Chicago Tribune. October 9, 1942. Retrieved April 17, 2008.. ... According to the official biography Daws Butler: Characters Actor, Daws Butler used Joe E. Brown as inspiration for the voices ... This article is about the actor and comedian. For the Georgia governor, see Joseph E. Brown. For the South Carolina legislator ...
British actor Nick Ashdon was cast to play El Greco. ... Pijoan, Joseph (March 1930). "El Greco-A Spaniard". Art ... 11: 19-30.. *. Brown Jonathan, Mann Richard G. (1997). "Tone". Spanish Paintings of the Fifteenth Through Nineteenth Centuries ... Mayer, August L. (January 1939). "Notes on the Early El Greco". The Burlington Magazine for Connoisseurs. The Burlington ...
Occupational health psychology
In S. Fox & P.E. Spector (Eds.), Counterproductive work behavior: Investigations of actors and targets (pp. 271-296). ...
Saint Genet, Actor and Martyr / S.G., comédien et martyr (1952) ... Any action implies the judgment that he is right under the circumstances not only for the actor, but also for everybody else in ... Aron had already advised him in 1930 to read Emmanuel Levinas's Théorie de l'intuition dans la phénoménologie de Husserl (The ... In 1939 Sartre was drafted into the French army, where he served as a meteorologist. He was captured by German troops in ...
The Man Who Wasn't There, a enciclopedia libre
Mellor actor Billy Bob Thornton Nomeado  London Critics Circle Film Awards Actor do ano Billy Bob Thornton Gañador [102 ... Mellor actor secundario Tony Shalhoub Nomeado Premios Chlotrudis Mellor actor - Premio do público Billy Bob Thornton Gañador [ ... Mellor actor estranxeiro Billy Bob Thornton Gañador  San Diego Film Critics Society Awards Mellor fotografía Roger Deakins ... Premio NBR ó Mellor actor Billy Bob Thornton Gañador  National Society of Film Critics Awards Mellor fotografía Roger ...
In Firpo's, in 1929, Merle met a former actor, Colonel Ben Finney, and dated him; however, when he saw Charlotte one night ... Auckland Actors Whale Rider producer & novelist reteam for Medicine Woman - Taken from Screen Daily, by Sandy George Archived 8 ... In 1973, Oberon met then 36-year-old Dutch actor Robert Wolders while they filmed Interval. Oberon divorced Pagliai and married ... Oberon had an on-again, off-again affair with actor John Wayne from 1938 to 1947. ...
2008 California Proposition 2
Celebrities & public figures-Nearly 70 well-known experts, actors, actresses, chefs, and others. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., Dr. ...
In a 2018 film, Stan & Ollie, Laurel is played by English comedian Steve Coogan, and Hardy by American actor John C. Reilly.[42 ... Stan Laurel (born Arthur Stanley Jefferson; 16 June 1890 - 23 February 1965) was an English comic actor, writer, and film ... He joined Fred Karno's troupe of actors in 1910 with the stage name of "Stan Jefferson"; the troupe also included a young ... Stan Laurel filmography (films of Stan Laurel as an actor without Oliver Hardy) ...
Deadwood, South Dakota
The Midnight Star was a casino in Deadwood owned by American film actor Kevin Costner. The casino opened in the spring of 1991 ... Jack Langrishe (1825-1895), actor. *Wong Fee Lee (died 1921), a leading Deadwood merchant and a community leader among the ... In 1930, the railroad was abandoned, apart from a portion from Kirk to Fantail Junction, which was converted to standard gauge ... Richard Clarke (1845-1930), frontiersman. *General George Crook (1828-1890), in 1876, pursued the Sioux Indians from the Battle ...
East End of London
Performances were in Yiddish, and predominantly melodrama. These declined, as audience and actors left for New York and the ... Chapter 16: My Second Foreign Exite: German Socialism Trotsky, Leon My Life (Charles Schribner's Sons, New York, 1930) Marxist ... Mass-Observation Archive: Topic Collections:Anti-Semitism survey 1939-51 University of Sussex, special collections accessed 15 ... Between 1918 and 1939 the LCC continued replacing East End housing with five- or six-storey flats, despite residents preferring ...
Actors such as Adrien Brody, and Lucy Liu and Idina Menzel have been born and/or raised in Queens. Actress Mae ... In later years, Queens was the site of the 1939 New York World's Fair and the 1964 New York World's Fair. LaGuardia Airport, in ... In 1939 the New York City Parkway Authority built the Cross Bay Bridge and Parkway, along with beach improvements in the ... Originally opened in 1939, the airport's two runways and four terminals cover 680 acres (280 ha), serving 28.4 million ...
Shamsi Badalbeyli (1911-1987), Soviet-Azerbaijani actor and theater director.. *Nelson Stepanyan (1913-1944), Soviet-Armenian ... in Russian) ШУШИНСКИЙ РАЙОН (1939 г.) Archived 2012-03-28 at the Wayback Machine ... Usta Gambar Karabakhi (1930-1905), Azerbaijani ornamentalist painter.. *Seyran Ohanyan (born 1962), Armenian politician and ... Suleyman Sani Akhundov(1875-1939), Azerbaijani playwright and journalist.. *Vartan Sarkisov (1875-1955), Soviet-Armenian ...
For example, actors Leslie Nielsen, Viggo Mortensen, Virginia Madsen and Michael Madsen were born to Danish fathers and ... Buddy Ebsen, actor known from The Beverly Hillbillies fish-out-of-water TV series had a Danish father and Latvian mother. ... Ib Penick (1930-1998), a native of Denmark, was known as "the creative mind behind the resurgence of pop-up children's books in ... Jens Risom a craftsman from Copenhagen, who emigrated in 1939, was renowned for his furniture design, as co-founder of the Hans ...
1995 in Australia
27 August - Dick Bentley, 88, comedian and actor. *30 August - Dame Pattie Menzies, 94, wife of Prime Minister Sir Robert ...
1955's Jedda was the first Australian feature film to be shot in colour, the first to star Aboriginal actors in lead roles, and ... Albert Namatjira became a painter, and actors such as David Gulpilil, Ernie Dingo, and Deborah Mailman became well known. Bands ... 1930-estimated share of population. 1988-estimated share of population. Distribution of trad. tribal land ... Column one is the distribution percentage calculated on the estimates gathered and publicised in 1930 (Official Year Book of ...
Klimova-Alexander, Illona (2005), The Romani Voice in World Politics: The United Nations and Non-State Actors, Burlington, VT: ... A more realistic depiction of contemporary Romani in the Balkans, featuring Romani lay actors speaking in their native dialects ... "GENOCIDE OF EUROPEAN ROMA (GYPSIES), 1939-1945". Holocaust Encyclopedia. Retrieved 27 January 2018.. ...
List of Academy Award Best Actor winners by age
AMPAS has presented a total of 90 Best Actor awards to 79 actors. This list is current as of the 89th Academy Awards ceremony ... Actor. Film. Date of birth. Date of award. Age upon. receiving award. Date of death. Lifespan. Notes. ... Actor. Film. Date of birth. Date of award. Age upon. receiving award. Date of death. Lifespan. Notes. ... This is a list of winners of the Academy Award for Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role, presented annually by the Academy ...
1867 - Lew Fields, American actor, producer, and manager (d. 1941). *1871 - Montagu Toller, English cricketer and lawyer (d. ... 1982 - Victor Buono, American actor (b. 1938). *1984 - Alexis Korner, French-English singer-songwriter and guitarist (b. 1928) ... 1925 - Matthew Beard, American actor and singer (d. 1981). *1925 - Wahiduddin Khan, Indian religious scholar and peace activist ... 2003 - Royce D. Applegate, American actor and screenwriter (b. 1939). *2003 - Joe Foss, American soldier, pilot, and politician ...
Stewart Granger, English-American actor, born James Stewart. *Stewart Lee, English stand-up comedian, writer, director and ... Jon Stewart (born 1962), American political satirist, writer, television host, actor, media critic and stand-up comedian ... Jackie Stewart (born 1939), former Scottish Formula One driver and triple World Champion ...
He Walked by Night
During the film's production, one of the actors, Jack Webb, struck up a friendship with the police technical advisor, Detective ...
Sapir, Edward (1930). "The Southern Paiute language". Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. 65 (1): 1-730. ... Edward Sapir (/səˈpɪər/; January 26, 1884 - February 4, 1939) was an American anthropologist-linguist, who is widely considered ... Jun., 1939), pp. 132-135 *^ Darnell, R. (1998), Camelot at Yale: The Construction and Dismantling of the Sapirian Synthesis, ... Sapir, Edward; Swadesh, Morris (1939). Nootka Texts: Tales and ethnological narratives, with grammatical notes and lexical ...
March 17 - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2015 - Shaw Taylor, English television presenter and actor (b. 1924). *2015 - Ashley Adams, Australian Paralympic shooter (b. ... 1939 - Second Sino-Japanese War: The Battle of Nanchang between the Republic of China's Kuomintang and Japan begins. ... 2017 - Inomjon Usmonxo'jayev, Soviet-Uzbek politician (b. 1930). *2018 - Phan Van Khai, former Prime minister of Vietnam (b. ...
January 14 - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1966 - Dan Schneider, American screenwriter, movie producer and actor. *1967 - Zakk Wylde, American guitarist, pianist and ... 1949 - Ilyas Salman, Turkish actor, movie director, author, screenwriter and musician. *1950 - Jagadguru Rambhadracharya, ... 1930 - Kenny Wheeler, Canadian jazz trumpeter and composer (d. 2014). *1931 - Caterina Valente, French-Italian singer, dancer ...
William Powell, a enciclopedia libre
... a pesar de lograr en 1947 a súa terceira candidatura ao Oscar ao mellor actor por Life with Father. O seu último filme foi ...
The acknowledgement of marriage by the state increased the state's recognition of freed people as legal actors and eventually ... The Age of Hate: Andrew Johnson and the Radicals. (1930). online edition; from Dunning School ... A poster for the 1939 epic film Gone with the Wind, set during the Civil War and Reconstruction era ... Herbert S. Schell, "Hugh McCulloch and the Treasury Department, 1865-1869." Mississippi Valley Historical Review 17.3 (1930): ...
2017 in Brazil
August 17 - Paulo Silvino, 78, actor and humorist (A Praça É Nossa, Zorra Total), stomach cancer. ... May 10 - Nelson Xavier, 75, actor (The Guns, A Queda), lung disease. ... July 24 - Domingo Alzugaray, 84, Argentine-born Brazilian actor and journalist, founder of ISTOÉ, complications of Alzheimer's ... August 4 - Luiz Melodia, 66, actor, singer and songwriter, bone marrow cancer. ...
List of Jewish actors - Wikipedia
Actors - ranging from a young orthodox Jewish boy (Bobo) to Sir Michael Caine "Jonah Bobo". Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan ... "Disney actor Cameron Boyce dies age 20". BBC News. July 7, 2019. Retrieved July 7, 2019. "Abigail Breslin to Star in Dirty ... This is a list of notable Jewish actors. "HBOs Euphoria, co-produced by Drake, is based on an Israeli show". Canadian Jewish ... Bloom, Nate (June 7, 2013). "Jewz in the Newz: Jewish Tony Nominees/Tony Awards; Jewish Teen Actor In Sci-Fi Flick; Jewish ...
William Devlin (actor) - Wikipedia
A noted Shakespearean actor, Devlin first played King Lear aged 22. He was one of the youngest actors to undertake a major ... "William Devlin, 75, Shakespearean actor who thrilled..." tribunedigital-chicagotribune. "Shakespearean Actor William Devlin ... He made his first film appearance in 1937 in The Mill on the Floss, and soon built up steady work as a character actor, ... William Devlin (5 December 1911 - 25 January 1987) was a Scottish actor who appeared widely in films and television in a screen ...
June 10 - Wikipedia
1922 - Bill Kerr, South African-Australian actor (d. 2014). *1923 - Paul Brunelle, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (d ... 1993 - Les Dawson, English comedian, actor, writer and presenter (b. 1931). *1996 - George Hees, Canadian soldier, football ... 2004 - Ray Charles, American singer-songwriter, pianist, and actor (b. 1930). *2004 - Odette Laure, French actress and singer ( ... 1918 - Barry Morse, English-Canadian actor and director (d. 2008). *1919 - Haidar Abdel-Shafi, Palestinian physician and ...
Robert Clive - Wikipedia
"Colin Clive, Actor Dies in Hollywood. Star of Screen and Stage, 37, Scored First Hit as Stanhope in Journeys End. Made Debut ... Wearing, J. P. The London Stage 1930-1939: A Calendar of Productions, Performers, and Personnel. Rowman & Littlefield, 2014. ... Alfred Mervyn Davies (1939). Clive of Plassey: A Biography. C. Scribners sons. ISBN 9780598503046. .. ... Here in 1930. Appeared in Clive of India, a Picture Based on Life of His Ancestor Descendant of Empire Builder Played ...
Stanwyck, Barbara (1907-1990) | Encyclopedia.com
But Stanwyck was always generous with fellow actors. She thrilled to a good performance. In a guest column for the Hollywood ... Born in Decatur, Illinois, on July 23, 1901; died in March 1977 in Florida; married William "Big Bill" Russell (an actor); ... actor Howard Da Silva, and Canadian starlet Karen Morley . Though Stanwyck was known to give patriotic lectures at Hollywood ... has been called one of the best actors in film history. He established himself as a Hollywood icon when he burst onto the scene ...
Alfred Hitchcock - The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Several critics have observed that despite his reputation as a man who disliked actors, several actors who worked with him gave ... Frequently cast actors and actresses. 7 films * Clare Greet: Number 13 (1922), The Ring (1927), The Manxman (1929), Murder! ( ... In a Sight and Sound interview, he stated that, the method actor is OK in the theatre because he has a free space to move ... Hitchcock saw that reliance on actors and actresses was a holdover from the theater tradition. He was a pioneer in using camera ...
AMF's 100 Greatest TV and Film Actors and Actresses of All Time (2017): Results - Acclaimed Music Forums
... earned the venerable actor his second Oscar nomination - a Best Supporting Actor nod for his portrayal of a mute grandfather.. ... where the actor won the BAFTA Best Foreign Actor award. Along with the great Jean-Paul Belmondo, Mastroianni had emerged as the ... his second César Award for Best Actor, and his first Academy Award nomination for Best Actor. He co-starred in Peter Weirs ... AMFs 100 Greatest TV and Film Actors and Actresses of All Time (2017): Results. Post Reply ...
Vannevar Bush facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com articles about Vannevar Bush
He became acquainted with men who would become major actors in the events of World War II, among them Warren Weaver, an applied ... Bushs horizons widened in the 1930s. He was elected to the National Academy of Sciences in 1934, worked with Comptons ... From 1939 until 1955 he was president of the Carnegie Institution. From 1941 to 1945 he was also the director of the U.S. ... In 1939 Bush left MIT to become president of the Carnegie Institution of Washington and, shortly thereafter, chairman of the ...
Born on November 3rd
Actor. 3-Nov-1953. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. David L. Clarke. Archaeologist. 3-Nov-1937. 27-Jun-1976. Analytical ... Actor. 3-Nov-1921. 30-Aug-2003. Death Wish. William Cullen Bryant. Poet. 3-Nov-1794. 12-Jun-1878. Editor, The New York Evening ... Actor. 3-Nov-1933. 6-Nov-1995. The Andy Griffith Show. Phil Crane. Politician. 3-Nov-1930. Congressman from Illinois, 1969-2005 ... Actor. 3-Nov-1919. 2-Aug-1994. Rufe Ryker on Shane. Aria Giovanni. Pornstar. 3-Nov-1977. Softcore vixen, fetish & bondage model ...
Yuliy Borisovich Bryner (1920 - 1985) - Genealogy
... repeating it for film and winning the Oscar for Best Actor. One of only eight actors to have won both a Tony and an Oscar for ... New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor (2nd place) Nominated-Golden Globe Award for Best Actor - Motion Picture ... He won the 1956 Academy Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of the King of Siam in The King and I and made the Top 10 Stars ... He also appeared in the film version for which he won an Academy Award as Best Actor and in a short-lived TV version (Anna and ...
Search Results: 'agriculture' in Black & White - British Pathé
American actor.... British Pathé. Summing Up No. 05 - Reel 2 (1947). A quarterly round up of news stories from around the world ... Men Of Our Time - Franklin D. Roosevelt Reel 1 & 2 (1920-1939). Biopic of the American President - lots... ... Faster And Faster On Germanys New Motorhighways (1930-1939). Fascinating film about the building of new... ... The Roosevelt Story Reels 3 & 4 Spliced (1930-1949). Biopic of the American President - lots of good... ...
December 4 in history | Homepaddock
Circus History Message Board Archives
I know that circus went through Amarillo, Texas in the late 1930s. Thank you much. Greta Reply to this message, replies go to ... Frederick John Hastings is recorded as an actor on the stage in the 1930 census for Hermosa Beach Los Angeles. Maude Kennedy ... Dixie Land, or the Old Plantation This minstrel show was made up of about 10 African American actors, including the popular Joe ... Los Angeles at least from 1915 into the 1920s so I am thinking that he was a stage actor in a theatre too. I would welcome your ...
Famous People Who Died of Myocardial Infarction | List of Celebrity Myocardial Infarction Deaths
The Coolest Actors Ever#. 24 of 1,030. The Best Actors in Film History ... He won the Academy Award for Best Actor for Frank Capras It Happened One Night (1934), and was nominated for his role in ... William Clark Gable (February 1, 1901 - November 16, 1960) was an American film actor who is often referred to as "The King of ... Francis Albert Sinatra (; December 12, 1915 - May 14, 1998) was an American singer, actor and producer who was one of the most ...
Greta Garbo - The Full Wiki
Swedish film actors , Swedish immigrants to the United States , Swedish Lutherans , Swedish silent film actors , American ... American silent film actors , Bisexual actors , Breast cancer survivors , Deaths from pneumonia , Deaths from renal failure , ... Swedish film actors , Swedish immigrants to the United States , Swedish Lutherans , Swedish silent film actors , Swedish- ... Categories: 1905 births , 1990 deaths , Academy Honorary Award recipients , American film actors , American Lutherans , ...
IMDb: Birth Place Matching 'Taranto, Puglia, Italy' (Sorted by Popularity Ascending) - IMDb
Actor , La piovra 4 Claudio Spadaro was born in Taranto, Puglia, Italy. He is an actor and writer, known for La piovra 4 (1989 ... Actor , The Flash Vito DAmbrosio was born on December 29, 1957 in Taranto, Puglia, Italy. He is an actor, known for The Flash ... Actor , All Human Rights for All Giobbe Covatta was born on June 11, 1956 in Taranto, Puglia, Italy. He is an actor and writer ... Actor , Il giovane favoloso Michele Riondino was born on March 14, 1979 in Taranto, Puglia, Italy. He is an actor, known for Il ...
Myers Name Meaning, Family History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
... author and actor ... George Edward Myers (d. 1939), British Marine with the Royal ... Hardy Myers (1939-2016), American lawyer and Democratic politician, 15th Attorney General of Oregon (1997-2009), 55th Speaker ... Ernie Myers (1930-2016), American horse racing broadcaster at Del Mar racetrack ...
Celebrity Deaths - W Gone but not forgotten| RichWeb
Actor - Dr. Amos Wetherby on House Calls. Ken Weatherwax b. 1955 d. 2014 (heart attack). Actor - Pugsley on the original Addams ... Actor - played a doctor on "Murder, She Wrote". Paul Winfield b. 1941 d. March 7, 2004 (heart attack). Actor - Sounder, King, ... Actor/songwriter - Pete Nolan on Rawhide, wrote "Flying Purple People Eater. Keo Woolford b. 1967 d. 2016 (stroke). Actor - Det ... Actor - John Brewster on the Beverly Hillbillies. Cornel Wilde b. 1915 d. 1989 (leukemia). Actor - The Great Sebastian in ...
Occupation: Actor. Nationality: United States. Executive summary: Underworld. Often played shady characters such as jewel ... FILMOGRAPHY AS ACTOR. The Golden Eye (29-Aug-1948) Bowery Champs (25-Nov-1944) The Seventh Victim (21-Aug-1943) · Natalie ... Framed (16-Mar-1930) Broadway (27-May-1929) The Mating Call (21-Jul-1928) · Rose Henderson. The Last Command (22-Jan-1928) · ... Panama Lady (12-May-1939) The Law West of Tombstone (18-Nov-1938) · Clara Martinez. Mr. Wong, Detective (5-Oct-1938) · Olga. ...
Оригинал ф цифре
Unfortunately, real actors and actresses were sometimes overlooked in favor of the more salable products. The 1920s had been ... Lubitsch specialized in sophisticated triangle plots, and his movies in the 1920s and 1930s liberated films from such ... The public demanded that some sort of restraints be placed on the film capital and its actors before the entire industry became ... By the very nature of things, the actors who played these parts simply had to be Europeans, real or manufactured. Gloria ...
John Wayne dies - Jun 11, 1979 - HISTORY.com
... an iconic American film actor famous for starring in countless westerns, dies at age 72 after battling cancer for more than a ... when director Walsh didnt think Marion was a good name for an actor playing a tough western hero. Despite the lead actors new ... The actor was born Marion Morrison on May 26, 1907, in Winterset, Iowa, and moved as a child to Glendale, California. A ... On this day in 1979, John Wayne, an iconic American film actor famous for starring in countless westerns, dies at age 72 after ...
NBR Award for Best Actor. 1946 Henry V. 1978 The Boys from Brazil. NYFCC Award for Best Actor. 1946 Henry V. 1948 Hamlet. 1972 ... Best Actor - Motion Picture Drama. 1949 Hamlet. Best Supporting Actor - Motion Picture. 1977 Marathon Man. Cecil B. DeMille ... Best Actor. 1955 Richard III. Best Supporting Actor. 1969 Oh! What a Lovely War. 1976 Academy Fellowship. ... English actor, director, and producer and the recipient of scores of awards. He is one of the most famous and revered actors of ...
Reel Classics: News Briefs: 2005
18- George Kennedy, imposing, bulky supporting actor of film and television who won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his ... shorts of the 1930s, dies of complications from heart disease at 79. ... 13- The Screen Actors Guild announces plans to honor Shirley Temple Black, 77-year-old former child star of the 1930s best ... 28- Lane Nakano, Japanese-American singer and actor best known for co-starred opposite Van Johnson in MGMs 1951 film GO FOR ...
Airgintín | Article about Airgintín by The Free Dictionary
In 1908 the Italian producer M. Gallo made the first feature film, The Execution of Dorrego, with stage actors. The film Tango ... In the 1930s prominent Argentine poets and writers began to work for the screen as screen writers. Various directors made ... The well-known actors of the first half of the 19th century included V. Ortega, J. Casacuberta, T. Guevara, and F. Caseres. The ... Thus, Argentinas share in the world export of wheat has declined from 25-30 percent in the 1930s to 8-10 percent in the ...
Scottish history timeline from 1054 to 2014 | The Scotsman
UofL Libraries Digital Collections
A group of men and women actors are on stage that is decorated with a living room scene. Five of the men are wearing tuxedos, ... A cast of female actors dressed as men and women stand on the stage at the Young Womens Christian Association. Posters that ... Actors on stage set with a living room scene, Louisville, Kentucky, 1919. ... Primarily studio portraits of actors and actresses from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, these images document the... ...
Sometime ideas, like men, jump up and say 'hello'. They introduce t...
Generic Radio Workshop Series Script Listing: Sherlock Holmes
Quotes by People Born on July 15th - BrainyQuote
Hay Petrie - Buy, Rent, and Watch Movies & TV on Flixster
... to be the actors… More Bio: In films from 1930, Scottish character-actor Hay Petrie usually showed up in eccentric bit roles. ... to be the actors finest hour and a half. Active until his death, Hay Petries last role of note was Uncle Pumblechook in Great ... Scottish character-actor Hay Petrie usually showed up in eccentric bit roles. Petries larger film assignments included the ...
19401931193519381915193719361990195219601934194219251951Comedian19201941Vivien LeighCharacter actorRhett Butler1929GehrigStagecoachActresses198120001924Scottish1919Oscar1933Noted Shakespearean actorAcademy AwardAmerican19751978MusicianScarlett O'Hara1970Hollywood19181923Walsh1973AngelesDramatistOlivier19651905Director1949Film Actors
- Marriage #2: Maria Langham (1931-1939) was a Texas socialite who was 14 years older. (drmirkin.com)
- Late in 1930, she was hired by Universal, where she made her first film, called Bad Sister (1931). (imdb.com)
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" (1931), the rare horror film to win an Oscar (March shared Best Actor honors with Wallace Beery, for "The Champ"), will be shown at 9: 30 p.m. (baltimoresun.com)
- Elvis Aaron Presley (January 8, 1935 - August 16, 1977), also known mononymously as Elvis, was an American singer and actor. (ranker.com)
- 1938-1939 Season playbill: The Ninety-nine Chanters present the Del Rey Players of Loyola University in "Room Service" by John Murray and Allen Boretz, directed by Richard A. Walsh, at the Elks Temple on February 16 and 17, 1939. (lmu.edu)
- December 12, 1915 - May 14, 1998) was an American singer, actor and producer who was one of the most popular and influential musical artists of the 20th century. (ranker.com)
- Abraham was born Murray Abraham on October 24, 1939 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the son of Fahrid "Fred" Abraham,  an auto mechanic, and his wife Josephine (née Stello) (April 15, 1915 - March 10, 2012),  a housewife. (rug.nl)
- 12/2/1915 :Adolph Green, actor and composer. (history-world.org)
- 12/7/1915 :Eli Wallach, actor. (history-world.org)
- William Devlin (5 December 1911 - 25 January 1987) was a Scottish actor who appeared widely in films and television in a screen career that lasted from 1937 until 1967. (wikipedia.org)
- He made his first film appearance in 1937 in The Mill on the Floss, and soon built up steady work as a character actor, particularly after appearing in Jamaica Inn. (wikipedia.org)
- The Mill on the Floss (1936) - Bob Jakin Concerning Mr. Martin (1937) - Martell The Mutiny of the Elsinore (1937) - O'Sullivan I Met a Murderer (1939) - Jay Jamaica Inn (1939) - Sir Humphrey's Tenant Treasure Island (1950) - Morgan Blood of the Vampire (1958) - Kurt Urach Solomon and Sheba (1959) - Nathan Oscar Wilde (1960) - Solicitor-General The Jokers (1967) - Brigadier The Shuttered Room (1967) - Zebulon Whately (final film role) The Broadway League. (wikipedia.org)
- 12/4/1937 :Max Baer Jr, actor-producer. (history-world.org)
- She is best remembered for her role as the glamorous, witty ghost of Topper (1937) and Topper Takes a Trip (1939). (tcm.com)
- 12/1/1936 :Lou Rawls, blues singer and actor. (history-world.org)
- He is an actor, known for The Flash (2014), Person of Interest (2011) and The Flash (1990). (imdb.com)
- In 1952 he received the Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Musical for his portrayal of The King in The King and I (musical). (geni.com)
- 11- Keith Andes, film actor who made the majority of his two dozen film appearances in the 1950s, including CLASH BY NIGHT (1952) opposite Marilyn Monroe , dies of bladder cancer at 85. (reelclassics.com)
- 18- Harold Stone, veteran film and TV character actor whose 30 films included roles in THE HARDER THEY FALL (1956), Hitchcock 's THE WRONG MAN (1956), SOMEBODY UP THERE LIKES ME (1956) and SPARTACUS (1960), dies at age 92. (reelclassics.com)
- 17- Shirley MacLaine, 71-year-old dancer-turned-Oscar-winning-actress whose film work has included leading roles in THE APARTMENT (1960), SWEET CHARITY (1969), TERMS OF ENDEARMENT (1983) and STEEL MAGNOLIAS (1989), announces plans to star in the romantic epic CLOSING THE RING (2007) to be directed by 82-year-old British actor-director Richard Attenborough with whom MacLaine co-starred in 1968's THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM. (reelclassics.com)
- He won the Academy Award for Best Actor for Frank Capra's It Happened One Night (1934), and was nominated for his role in Mutiny on. (ranker.com)
- 12/4/1934 :Victor French, actor. (history-world.org)
- 1934-01-13 Rip Taylor, American actor and comedian (Gong Show, $1.98 Beauty Show), born in Washington, D.C. (onthisday.com)
- The Alexanderhaus would be constructed in 1930 and Jonass & CO erected in 1934. (art-for-a-change.com)
- She starred in Gösta Berling opposite Swedish film actor Lars Hanson , then appeared in the 1925 German film Die freudlose Gasse ( The Joyless Street or The Street of Sorrow ) directed by G. W. Pabst and co-starring Asta Nielsen . (thefullwiki.org)
- 9- Karl Malden , 93-year-old Oscar-winning character actor best known for his roles in A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE (1951) and ON THE WATERFRONT (1954), is honored by the U.S. Postal Service for his achievements in film and his contributions to the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee by having a Los Angeles post office renamed the Karl Malden Post Office Building. (reelclassics.com)
- 12/4/1951 :Patricia Wettig, actor ('thirtysomething. (history-world.org)
- Italian actor, director and comedian Roberto D'Antona was born in Taranto, he is the youngest of four children. (imdb.com)
- Yuliy Borisovich Bryner , Yul Brynner Юлий Борисович Бринер, (July 11, 1920 - October 10, 1985) was a Russian stage and film actor. (geni.com)
- Anti-Jewish policies grew more repressive in the interwar period as Hungary's leaders, who remained committed to regaining the territories lost at the peace agreement ( Treaty of Trianon ) of 1920, chose to align themselves with the governments of Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy - the international actors most likely to stand behind Hungary's claims. (wikipedia.org)
- Creighton Tull Chaney (February10, 1906 - July12, 1973), known by his stage name Lon Chaney, Jr., was an American actor known for playing Larry Talbot in the 1941 film The Wolf Man and its various crossovers, as well as portraying other monsters such as The Mummy, Frankenstein's Monster, and Count Alucard (son of Dracula) in numerous horror films produced by Universal Studios. (whosdatedwho.com)
- Iron Guard, Romanian fascist organization that constituted a major social and political force between 1930 and 1941. (britannica.com)
- Gable was nominated for his starring role in Gone with the Wind (1939), as Rhett Butler opposite Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara. (ranker.com)
- In films from 1930, Scottish character-actor Hay Petrie usually showed up in eccentric bit roles. (flixster.com)
- Asbestos was used to decorate other parts of the "It's A Wonderful Life" set and it was used in the CBS Network facilities building for years, where another veteran character actor, Ed Lauter (" The Longest Yard," "The Family Plot"), worked for many years. (themovieblog.com)
- Best known for his role as Rhett Butler in "Gone with the Wind" (1939), he was the leading man in more than 60 motion pictures and was nominated three times for an Academy Award for Best Actor. (drmirkin.com)
- Bennett's comeback film, the comedy This Thing Called Love (1929), was a hit, and reviewers of the day felt that she stole her next movie, Son of the Gods (1930), from costar Richard Barthelmess. (tcm.com)
- Their film careers began with two movies based on their prior stage hits, 'The Coconuts' in 1929 and 'Animal Crackers' in 1930. (otrsite.com)
- On July 4, 1939, Lou Gehrig gave his "luckiest man on the face of the Earth" speech in announcing his retirement from the New York Yankees. (upi.com)
- Here now are the Top 100 TV and Film Actors and Actresses of All Time based on the votes of 15 AMFers. (acclaimedmusic.net)
- 530 actors/actresses were named in the ballots and until the last day of voting the top spot was up for grabs. (acclaimedmusic.net)
- John Gilbert was an American actor who became one of the first great stars of the silent film era, appearing opposite the top actresses of the time such as Norma Shearer, Joan Crawford and Greta Garbo. (hollywoodsgoldenage.com)
- 12/3/1981 :Brian Bonsall, actor. (history-world.org)
- He is an actor and writer, known for Bibo per sempre (2000), I tre moschettieri (1991) and Ciao marziano (1980). (imdb.com)
- He began his career as an extra in Hollywood silent films between 1924 and 1926, and progressed to supporting roles with a few films for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer in 1930. (ranker.com)
- Five Marriages, Many Lovers Marriage #1: Josephine Dillon (1924-1930) was 17 years older than Gable. (drmirkin.com)
- Notable works include The Vortex (1924) and Private Lives (1930). (npg.org.uk)
- John Barrymore was such an actor, and his Richard III and Hamlet, first seen in New York during the 1919-20 and 1922-23 seasons, stand as high water marks of twentieth century Shakespearean interpretation. (szinhaz.hu)
- Olivier's second film, "Hamlet," won the Best Picture Oscar and Best Actor for Oivier, as well as a number of other Academy Awards. (emanuellevy.com)
- He received the Best Actor nomination for 1949's Sands of Iwo Jima and won an Oscar for his role as the hard drinking lawman Rooster Cogburn in 1969's True Grit . (gypsyjournalrv.com)
- She spent 1930 to 1933 in Geneva, Switzerland, at the League of Nations' International School, where she pursued her desire to write. (jwa.org)
Noted Shakespearean actor1
- A noted Shakespearean actor, Devlin first played King Lear aged 22. (wikipedia.org)
- Abraham won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as envious composer Antonio Salieri in Amadeus (1984), an award for which Tom Hulce , playing Mozart in that movie, had also been nominated. (rug.nl)
- American actor. (britishpathe.com)
- On this day in 1979, John Wayne, an iconic American film actor famous for starring in countless westerns, dies at age 72 after battling cancer for more than a decade. (history.com)
- October 24, 1939)  is an American actor. (rug.nl)
- Also in 1939, Lycoming Engines, an American aircraft engine company, produced radial engines at the Sikorsky plant. (mesothelioma.com)
- American Actor Lon Chaney Jr. was born Creighton Tull Chaney on 10th February, 1906 in Oklahoma City, OK and passed away on 12th Jul 1973 San Clemente, CA aged 67. (whosdatedwho.com)
- Male actors from Oklahoma , 20th-century American male actors and American male film actors . (whosdatedwho.com)
- American stage and screen actor whose rise to superstardom and subsequent. (szinhaz.hu)
- The year 1939 is sometimes cited as the greatest year for American cinema. (desertusa.com)
- He is an actor, known for No il caso è felicemente risolto (1973), Roma a mano armata (1976) and The Manhunt (1975). (imdb.com)
- The "Diff'rent Strokes" actor, is flanked by his TV sons, Todd Bridges, left, and Gary Coleman, in 1978, the first year of the popular NBC show. (timesunion.com)
- He was quite prolific - a pop musician, film scoring professional and actor. (noiseaddicts.com)
- The only role she didn't get that she wanted was Scarlett O'Hara in Gone with the Wind (1939). (imdb.com)
- He was an actor, known for Chopin (1982), Un certo Harry Brent (1970) and Paganini (1976). (imdb.com)
- Garbo was also a close friend of Einar Hanson , a Swedish actor who worked with her and Pabst on The Joyless Street , and then came to Hollywood to work at MGM and Paramount Pictures . (thefullwiki.org)
- In 1926 he was chosen by Lillian Gish to co-star with her in 'La Bohème' and when, in the same year, Rudolph Valentino, his only serious competitor as a romantic leading man, died, John was left on top of the movie world, the highest paid actor in Hollywood. (hollywoodsgoldenage.com)
- Olivier's British screen debut was in 1930 and his Hollywood debut the follow-ing year. (emanuellevy.com)
- Within just a few years, through a succession of memo-rable Shakespearean roles on stage and several romantic por-trayals in Hollywood films, Olivier emerged as one of the most exciting and versatile actors in the English‑speaking world. (emanuellevy.com)
- December 2012 1 Saturday 3:00 AM Movie Crazy (1932) A stagestruck young actor accidentally receives somebody else's invitation to test in Hollywood. (angelfire.com)
- But the valiant efforts of early Asian-Americans (and a few non-Asian Hollywood insiders like Thomas Ince and William Worthington ) shouldn't be overlooked in their pioneering efforts to allow Asian Actors to play roles other than androgynous opium sots, waiters, tongs, dragon ladies and lotus blossoms. (amoeba.com)
- 12/5/1918 :Jeff Chandler, actor. (history-world.org)
- 12/7/1923 :Ted Knight (Tadeus Wladslaw Konopka), actor. (history-world.org)
- Wayne's first starring role came in 1930 with The Big Trail , a film directed by his college buddy Raoul Walsh. (history.com)
- It was during this time that Marion Morrison became "John Wayne," when director Walsh didn't think Marion was a good name for an actor playing a tough western hero. (history.com)
- Born on July 4, 1930, in Rocky River, Ohio, the owner of the New York Yankees (1973-2010), known for his commitment to excellence, exorbitant salaries, and public spats with members of his staff (he fired manager Billy Martin five separate times), died on July 13 in Tampa, Florida. (britannica.com)
- It was by sheer luck that this A-list actor was not present the night Manson's minions struck and killed Roman Polanski's pregnant actress wife, Sharon Tate, and her entourage at her Los Angeles home. (themovieblog.com)
- Dramatist and actor. (npg.org.uk)
- The following year, Olivier, famous for his boldness as an actor, was uncharacteristically overcome by a severe case of stage fright. (emanuellevy.com)
- 4- Omar Sharif, Egyptian-born actor best known for his roles in LAWRENCE OF ARABIA (1962) and DR. ZHIVAGO (1965), is sued by Juan Anderson, a Beverly Hills restaurant parking valet, who claims the actor called him a derogatory name and punched him after the valet refused to accept his European currency. (reelclassics.com)
- He translated Weber ' s The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism (1904 - 1905) into English in 1930. (encyclopedia.com)
- 12/3/1930 :Jean Luc Godard, French film director. (history-world.org)
- Actor/Director - State Fair, George Clooney's uncle via marriage to Rosemary Clooney! (fiftiesweb.com)
- She plays a waitress who becomes a star and marries a famous actor (Neil Hamilton) -- although in this case it is a director (Lowell Sherman) who has the drinking problem that precipitates the film's climax. (tcm.com)
- Cowboy actor Tom Mix got him a summer job as a prop man in a movie studio, where he became close friends with director John Ford. (gypsyjournalrv.com)
- 12/4/1949 :Jeff Bridges, actor. (history-world.org)
- It was sponsored by Kellogg's Corn Flakes, was titled 'The Circle' and featured some of Hollywood's most expensive film actors. (otrsite.com)