The vapor state of matter; nonelastic fluids in which the molecules are in free movement and their mean positions far apart. Gases tend to expand indefinitely, to diffuse and mix readily with other gases, to have definite relations of volume, temperature, and pressure, and to condense or liquefy at low temperatures or under sufficient pressure. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)
Any significant change in measures of climate (such as temperature, precipitation, or wind) lasting for an extended period (decades or longer). It may result from natural factors such as changes in the sun's intensity, natural processes within the climate system such as changes in ocean circulation, or human activities.
Conservation of Natural Resources
A state in which the environs of hospitals, laboratories, domestic and animal housing, work places, spacecraft, and other surroundings are under technological control with regard to air conditioning, heating, lighting, humidity, ventilation, and other ambient features. The concept includes control of atmospheric composition. (From Jane's Aerospace Dictionary, 3d ed)
The circulation of nitrogen in nature, consisting of a cycle of biochemical reactions in which atmospheric nitrogen is compounded, dissolved in rain, and deposited in the soil, where it is assimilated and metabolized by bacteria and plants, eventually returning to the atmosphere by bacterial decomposition of organic matter.
Oceans and Seas
Ecological Systems, Closed
Systems that provide for the maintenance of life in an isolated living chamber through reutilization of the material available, in particular, by means of a cycle wherein exhaled carbon dioxide, urine, and other waste matter are converted chemically or by photosynthesis into oxygen, water, and food. (NASA Thesaurus, 1988)
The unstable triatomic form of oxygen, O3. It is a powerful oxidant that is produced for various chemical and industrial uses. Its production is also catalyzed in the ATMOSPHERE by ULTRAVIOLET RAY irradiation of oxygen or other ozone precursors such as VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS and NITROGEN OXIDES. About 90% of the ozone in the atmosphere exists in the stratosphere (STRATOSPHERIC OZONE).
Fractionation of a vaporized sample as a consequence of partition between a mobile gaseous phase and a stationary phase held in a column. Two types are gas-solid chromatography, where the fixed phase is a solid, and gas-liquid, in which the stationary phase is a nonvolatile liquid supported on an inert solid matrix.
Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry
The branch of science concerned with the interrelationship of organisms and their ENVIRONMENT, especially as manifested by natural cycles and rhythms, community development and structure, interactions between different kinds of organisms, geographic distributions, and population alterations. (Webster's, 3d ed)
Pulmonary Gas Exchange
One of the three domains of life (the others being Eukarya and ARCHAEA), also called Eubacteria. They are unicellular prokaryotic microorganisms which generally possess rigid cell walls, multiply by cell division, and exhibit three principal forms: round or coccal, rodlike or bacillary, and spiral or spirochetal. Bacteria can be classified by their response to OXYGEN: aerobic, anaerobic, or facultatively anaerobic; by the mode by which they obtain their energy: chemotrophy (via chemical reaction) or PHOTOTROPHY (via light reaction); for chemotrophs by their source of chemical energy: CHEMOLITHOTROPHY (from inorganic compounds) or chemoorganotrophy (from organic compounds); and by their source for CARBON; NITROGEN; etc.; HETEROTROPHY (from organic sources) or AUTOTROPHY (from CARBON DIOXIDE). They can also be classified by whether or not they stain (based on the structure of their CELL WALLS) with CRYSTAL VIOLET dye: gram-negative or gram-positive.
Pest Control, Biological
A mass of organic or inorganic solid fragmented material, or the solid fragment itself, that comes from the weathering of rock and is carried by, suspended in, or dropped by air, water, or ice. It refers also to a mass that is accumulated by any other natural agent and that forms in layers on the earth's surface, such as sand, gravel, silt, mud, fill, or loess. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed, p1689)
One of the three domains of life (the others being BACTERIA and Eukarya), formerly called Archaebacteria under the taxon Bacteria, but now considered separate and distinct. They are characterized by: (1) the presence of characteristic tRNAs and ribosomal RNAs; (2) the absence of peptidoglycan cell walls; (3) the presence of ether-linked lipids built from branched-chain subunits; and (4) their occurrence in unusual habitats. While archaea resemble bacteria in morphology and genomic organization, they resemble eukarya in their method of genomic replication. The domain contains at least four kingdoms: CRENARCHAEOTA; EURYARCHAEOTA; NANOARCHAEOTA; and KORARCHAEOTA.
The class of all enzymes catalyzing oxidoreduction reactions. The substrate that is oxidized is regarded as a hydrogen donor. The systematic name is based on donor:acceptor oxidoreductase. The recommended name will be dehydrogenase, wherever this is possible; as an alternative, reductase can be used. Oxidase is only used in cases where O2 is the acceptor. (Enzyme Nomenclature, 1992, p9)
Agricultural Workers' Diseases
Diseases in persons engaged in cultivating and tilling soil, growing plants, harvesting crops, raising livestock, or otherwise engaged in husbandry and farming. The diseases are not restricted to farmers in the sense of those who perform conventional farm chores: the heading applies also to those engaged in the individual activities named above, as in those only gathering harvest or in those only dusting crops.
Standard of Care
The maintenance of certain aspects of the environment within a defined space to facilitate the function of that space; aspects controlled include air temperature and motion, radiant heat level, moisture, and concentration of pollutants such as dust, microorganisms, and gases. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
A chemical reaction in which an electron is transferred from one molecule to another. The electron-donating molecule is the reducing agent or reductant; the electron-accepting molecule is the oxidizing agent or oxidant. Reducing and oxidizing agents function as conjugate reductant-oxidant pairs or redox pairs (Lehninger, Principles of Biochemistry, 1982, p471).
A combustible, gaseous mixture of low-molecular weight PARAFFIN hydrocarbons, generated below the surface of the earth. It contains mostly METHANE and ETHANE with small amounts of PROPANE; BUTANES; and higher hydrocarbons, and sometimes NITROGEN; CARBON DIOXIDE; HYDROGEN SULFIDE; and HELIUM. (from McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)
A severe condition resulting from bacteria invading healthy muscle from adjacent traumatized muscle or soft tissue. The infection originates in a wound contaminated with bacteria of the genus CLOSTRIDIUM. C. perfringens accounts for the majority of cases (over eighty percent), while C. noyvi, C. septicum, and C. histolyticum cause most of the other cases.
Sensitivity and Specificity
Volatile Organic Compounds
Plants, Genetically Modified
Symbiotic combination (dual organism) of the MYCELIUM of FUNGI with the roots of plants (PLANT ROOTS). The roots of almost all higher plants exhibit this mutually beneficial relationship, whereby the fungus supplies water and mineral salts to the plant, and the plant supplies CARBOHYDRATES to the fungus. There are two major types of mycorrhizae: ectomycorrhizae and endomycorrhizae.
Biological Control Agents
Coverings for the hands, usually with separations for the fingers, made of various materials, for protection against infections, toxic substances, extremes of hot and cold, radiations, water immersion, etc. The gloves may be worn by patients, care givers, housewives, laboratory and industrial workers, police, etc.
Multicellular, eukaryotic life forms of kingdom Plantae (sensu lato), comprising the VIRIDIPLANTAE; RHODOPHYTA; and GLAUCOPHYTA; all of which acquired chloroplasts by direct endosymbiosis of CYANOBACTERIA. They are characterized by a mainly photosynthetic mode of nutrition; essentially unlimited growth at localized regions of cell divisions (MERISTEMS); cellulose within cells providing rigidity; the absence of organs of locomotion; absence of nervous and sensory systems; and an alternation of haploid and diploid generations.
Air Pollutants, Occupational
Oil and Gas Fields
The synthesis by organisms of organic chemical compounds, especially carbohydrates, from carbon dioxide using energy obtained from light rather than from the oxidation of chemical compounds. Photosynthesis comprises two separate processes: the light reactions and the dark reactions. In higher plants; GREEN ALGAE; and CYANOBACTERIA; NADPH and ATP formed by the light reactions drive the dark reactions which result in the fixation of carbon dioxide. (from Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2001)
By 2012, CO2balance had started to implement energy-efficiency projects under the Gold Standard, VCS and CDM carbon standards, ... In 2017, CO2balance began developing projects for the Gold Standard's new Gold Standard for the Global Goals (GS4GG), and ... Climate change Carbon finance Gold Standard Clean Development Mechanism Voluntary Carbon Standard Sustainable Development Goals ... CarbonZero is a standard set up by CO2balance. It is provided under license to client organisations for whom a product, service ...
Companhia de Electricidade de Macau
CEM adopted international management standards to ensure the compliance of sustainable development in the company. So far, CEM ... and the combined cycle gas turbine (CCB). Shares of CEM are currently owned by Nam Kwong Development (H.K.) Limited (42%), ... has been certified with the following international standards: ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, since 2003 OHSAS ... since 2007 ISO 14064 Greenhouse Gases Management System, since 2010 ISO 20000 IT Service Management System, since 2013 The ...
List of International Organization for Standardization standards, 14000-14999
... petrochemical and natural gas industries - Collection and exchange of reliability and maintenance data for equipment ISO 14230 ... The standards are protected by copyright and most of them must be purchased. However, about 300 of the standards produced by ... "Standards catalogue". ISO. "Freely Available Standards". ISO. International Organization for Standardization ISO Certification ... ISO 14000 Environmental management systems [This is a set of standards, rather than a single standard.] ISO 14001:2015 ...
His experience includes capacity building in the European Union and Greenhouse gases, as well as the Environmental management ... He has been responsible for drafting three ISO standards, ISO 14015 (2001), ISO 19011 (2002), and ISO 14064 (2006). The first ... and the third a Specification with Guidance at the organization level for Quantification and Reporting of Greenhouse Gas ... is a standard on Environmental management and Environmental assessment of sites and organizations, the second Guidelines for ...
The Greenhouse Gas Protocol is recognized by the UK government as an independent standard for reporting greenhouse gases. The ... Greenhouse gas accounting describes the way to inventory and audit greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. A corporate or ... "Greenhouse Gas Protocol". www.ghgprotocol.org. Retrieved 27 February 2016. "FAQ , Greenhouse Gas Protocol". www.ghgprotocol.org ... A corporate or organisational "carbon" or greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions assessment promises to quantify the greenhouse gases ...
... report and verify greenhouse gas emissions. The ISO 14064 standard supports organisations to participate in both regulated and ... The Standard is published in three parts: ISO 14064-1:2018 specifies principles and requirements at the organization level for ... monitoring and reporting of activities intended to cause greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reductions or removal enhancements. It ... and requirements and provides guidance for those conducting or managing the validation and/or verification of greenhouse gas ( ...
Taipei Medical University
Green House Gas, GHG) Taipei Medical University has 105 international sister schools. Chen Shih-chung, Minister of Health and ... by the World Health Organization Certified by the British Standards Institution for global development in sustainability at the ...
Greenhouse gas inventory
... quantifying and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. These standards allow organisations take part in emissions trading schemes ... Greenhouse gas emissions accounting is measuring the amount of greenhouse gases (GHG) emitted during a given period of time by ... Greenhouse gas inventories are emission inventories of greenhouse gas emissions that are developed for a variety of reasons. ... Greenhouse gas inventories typically use Global warming potential (GWP) values to combine emissions of various greenhouse gases ...
Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
The ministry released a climate change action plan in 2007, setting greenhouse gas reduction targets for the province. It is ... motorhomes and buses must be evaluated under the Drive Clean program to check that they meet Ontario emissions standards before ... Under Ontario Regulation 452/09, any facility in Ontario that emits more than 25,000 tonnes of greenhouse gases annually is ... as well as strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. ... www.ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/report-greenhouse-gas-ghg ...
... and reducing greenhouse gas emissions EMAS Environmental economics Environmental management system International Organization ... The standard does not focus on measures and goals of environmental performance, but of the organization. The standard can be ... The standard shares many common traits with its predecessor, ISO 9000, the international standard of quality management, which ... The ISO 14000 family includes most notably the ISO 14001 standard, which represents the core set of standards used by ...
Verification and validation
Greenhouse gases - Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation or other forms ... When machinery/equipment qualification is conducted by a standard endorsed third party such as by an ISO standard accredited ... the change of legislative regulations or standards affects the compliance of the items being released to the public or market. ... P1490/D1, May 2011 - IEEE Draft Guide: Adoption of the Project Management Institute (PMI) Standard: A Guide to the Project ...
Airport Carbon Accreditation
Greenhouse Gas Accounting) on the basis of supporting evidence. Claims regarding airports' carbon management processes are also ... Following the announcement of this commitment, ACI EUROPE and the carbon standard Airport Carbon Accreditation signed a ... ACI EUROPE (14 November 2014). "Carbon standard for the airport industry goes global". Retrieved 15 May 2017. "Airport Carbon ... marked the decisive moment when the programme became the global standard for carbon management at airports. In 2015, a new ...
Greenhouse gas standards get revamp in response to climate change needs
Which is why ISO is revising its greenhouse gas standards, adding greater value to existing standards and making them fit for ... ISOs range of standards for greenhouse gases are an essential set of tools for programmes aimed at reducing greenhouse gas ... Which is why ISO is revising its greenhouse gas standards, adding greater value to existing standards and making them fit for ... Greenhouse gases. Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation or other forms of ...
Application of the triad of blast furnace, oxygen converter, and electric arc furnace for reducing of carbon footprint |...
This carbon is included in greenhouse gases. During production of iron and steel are... ... This carbon is included in greenhouse gases. During production of iron and steel are generated carbon monoxide and greenhouse ... GOST (State Standard) R ISO 14064-1-2007: Greenhouse Gases. Part 1. Specification with Guidance at the Organizational Level for ... Lisienko, V.G., Lapteva, A.V., Chesnokov, Yu.N., and Lugovkin, V.V., Greenhouse-gas (CO2) emissions in the steel industry, ...
List of ISO standards - The Full Wiki
ISO 3901 International Standard Recording Code (ISRC). *ISO 3977 Design and procurement standards for gas turbine system ... Lists: List of ISO standards · List of ISO romanizations · List of IEC standards. Categories: Category:ISO standards · Category ... This is a list of ISO standards that are discussed in Wikipedia articles. For a list of all the more than 17500 ISO standards ( ... ISO 15403 Natural gas - Natural gas for use as a compressed fuel for vehicles *ISO 15403-1 Designation of the quality ...
Corporate Carbon Footprint - myclimate
Our carbon footprints comply with internationally recognised standards (Greenhouse Gas Protocol, ISO 14064). ... The idea is to analyse, assess and manage all resulting greenhouse gas emissions. We support your business in calculating and ... Our carbon footprints comply with internationally recognised standards (Greenhouse Gas Protocol, ISO 14064). ... The idea is to analyse, assess and manage all resulting greenhouse gas emissions. We support your business in calculating and ...
University of Toronto, GHG Inventory, Accounting and Reporting, ISO 14064-1 Registration, Tue, 23 Jan 2018 at 9:00 AM |...
ISO 14064-1 - Tuesday, 23 January 2018 , Wednesday, 24 January 2018 at Earth Sciences Complex, Toronto, ON. Find event and ... This course covers the principles and process of preparing a facility or company-wide greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory. ... Participants will become very familiar with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard, ISO 14064-1 and ... the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and World Resources Institute Greenhouse Gas Protocol. These standards ...
Older's Greenhouse Gas Management Articles from Mar. 19th 1968 to Jan. 1st 2018 on Environmental XPRT
Find greenhouse gas management articles from Mar. 19th 1968 to Jan. 1st 2018 on Environmental XPRT, the worlds largest ... ISO was preparing to launch its new international greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting and verification standards - the three-part ... greenhouse gas management Articles. Related terms for "greenhouse gas management ": greenhouse gas articles , greenhouse gas ... Greenhouse Gas: You can`t manage what you can`t measure The world is readying itself for greenhouse gas (GHG) regulation coming ...
UNI EN ISO 11771 : 2011 | AIR QUALITY - DETERMINATION OF TIME-AVERAGED MASS EMISSIONS AND EMISSION FACTORS - GENERAL APPROACH |...
GREENHOUSE GASES - PART 3: SPECIFICATION WITH GUIDANCE FOR THE VALIDATION AND VERIFICATION OF GREENHOUSE GAS ASSERTIONS. ... International Equivalents - Equivalent Standard(s) & Relationship - (Show below) - (Hide below) Equivalent Standard(s) ... GREENHOUSE GASES - PART 1: SPECIFICATION WITH GUIDANCE AT THE ORGANIZATION LEVEL FOR QUANTIFICATION AND REPORTING OF GREENHOUSE ... Access your standards online with a subscription?. *Simple online access to standards, technical information and regulations ...
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
For any CSR standard or goal you choose, SRI offers the assurance to your stakeholders that you have achieved your mission and ... Green House Gas (GHG) management. SRI offers Letters of Assurance for companies who choose to demonstrate third-party review of ... And other Industry-specific standards and frameworks. And if any of these key standards are part of your commitment, SRI is a ... SASB - Sustainability Accounting Standards Board industry specific standards for CSR disciplines. *GRI - Global Reporting ...
Measuring greenhouse gas emissions | Desjardins
Measuring greenhouse gas emissions: performing an inventory, collecting activity data, calculating emissions, quality control, ... ISO standards for GHG management. The ISO 14064 Greenhouse Gases is a voluntary, 3-part series of auditable standards that are ... Measuring greenhouse gas emissions. Once you have determined the goals of your companys greenhouse gas management program, the ... There are several reasons to consider performing an emissions inventory as part of an overall greenhouse gas management plan. ...
Etymologie, Etimolog a, tymologie, Etimologia, Etymology - @ Welt, Mundo, Monde, Mondo, World - Wirtschaft, Econom a, ...
ISO 3901 International Standard Recording Code (ISRC). *ISO 3977 Design and procurement standards for gas turbine system ... List of ISO standards. (E?)(L?) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_standards. *ISO 1 Standard reference temperature for ... ISO 9141-2 OBD-II standard, aka 9141 CARB standard. *ISO 9241 Ergonomic requirements for office work with visual display ... ISO 15403 Natural gas - Natural gas for use as a compressed fuel for vehicles ...
Greenhouse Gas Regulation Downloads on Environmental XPRT
Find and compare a variety of greenhouse gas regulation downloads on environmental xprt on the worlds largest environmental ... Gas Chromatography System GC Brochure System GC CatalogNatural Gas, Petrochemical and Other Standard Appl icat ions Shimadzu ... Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Brochure (PDF 81 KB) greenhouse gasmanagementTake the guesswork out of greenhouse gas Greenhouse gas (GHG ... 555 343-9962Control Your Landfill Gases and Reduce Your Greenhouse Gas Emissionswith Enclosed Flame Gas Flaresforerunner ... ...
ANSI Accreditation Program for Greenhouse Gas Validation/Verification Bodies
... program for organizations providing third-party validation/verification services for the reduction and removal of greenhouse ... The Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Standard: Provides the accounting framework for organizations preparing a GHG emissions ... ISO 14065:2013 Greenhouse gases - Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation ... ISO 14066:2011 Greenhouse gases - Competence requirements for greenhouse gas validation teams and verification teams. ...
Offset Emissions | DHL | Argentina
The emission calculation and offsetting of greenhouse gas emissions are verified by the Swiss-based auditor Société Générale de ... All projects must generate at least VER Gold Standard credits. The Lesotho project has also been certified under the new ... With GoGreen climate neutral service we can help you offset your greenhouse gas logistics emissions through investments in ... reduced greenhouse gas emissions and reduced costs. Furthermore, the center achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental ...
CO2balance - Wikipedia
By 2012, CO2balance had started to implement energy-efficiency projects under the Gold Standard, VCS and CDM carbon standards, ... In 2017, CO2balance began developing projects for the Gold Standards new Gold Standard for the Global Goals (GS4GG), and ... Climate change Carbon finance Gold Standard Clean Development Mechanism Voluntary Carbon Standard Sustainable Development Goals ... CarbonZero is a standard set up by CO2balance. It is provided under license to client organisations for whom a product, service ...
Greenhouse gas inventory - Wikipedia
... quantifying and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. These standards allow organisations take part in emissions trading schemes ... Greenhouse gas emissions accounting is measuring the amount of greenhouse gases (GHG) emitted during a given period of time by ... Greenhouse gas inventories are emission inventories of greenhouse gas emissions that are developed for a variety of reasons. ... Greenhouse gas inventories typically use Global warming potential (GWP) values to combine emissions of various greenhouse gases ...
Carbon Offsets: Who to Trust | terrapass
ACR publishes standards, methodologies, protocols and tools for greenhouse gas accounting, which are based on International ... CAR achieves this by establishing high-quality standards to quantify and verify greenhouse gas emission reduction projects, ... deliver real greenhouse gas emission reductions; be compliant with all relevant laws and Gold Standard Principles; be ... greenhouse gas emission reductions and removals. Projects qualify for VCS after being validated against the standards ...
ИСО - Carbon neutral meeting for ISO 14001 revision group
The ISO working group revising environmental management standard ISO 14001 walked the talk at their latest meeting in Tokyo, ... Japan, on 2-7 February 2015 by offsetting their carbon emissions using ISO 14064 for greenhouse gas quantification, reporting ... Greenhouse gases Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation or other forms of ... It was important for the working group to use our standards!. What were the benefits? We were all proud to offset our impact on ...
ANSI has developed and compiled a comprehensive collection of standard packages to support your standard requirements. Our ... Greenhouse Gases Package ISO 14064-1:2006, ISO 14064-2:2006, ISO 14064-3:2006, ISO 14065:2013 and ISO 14066:2011 ... As the voice of the U.S. standards and conformity assessment system, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) empowers ... ISO 18562 - Evaluation of Breathing Gas Pathways Package ISO 18562 - Evaluation of Breathing Gas Pathways Package ...
Creating Jobs With Climate Solutions | World Resources Institute
... carbon offsets must adhere to certain basic criteria and standards defining how they are quantified and ... and are already being widely used internationally to comply with greenhouse gas emissions targets. To function well and ... A "carbon offset" is a reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions that is achieved to compensate for, or "offset," GHG ... Procedural and technical standards ensure that offsets are verifiable.. *Contractual standards. These are standards for the ...
PAS 2080:2016 Carbon management in infrastructure
PAS 2080 includes requirements for effective governance and leadership, quantification of greenhouse gas emissions, target ... Setting sector standards as early ISO adopters. Certification to the revised ISO 9001:2015 standard for quality management. ... Specification with guidance for validation and verification of greenhouse gas assertions to provide reasonable assurance of the ... In addition, Lloyds Register is accredited to a number of accreditation standards that relate to carbon management schemes. ...
China Airlines Introduces ECO TRAVEL Carbon Offsetting | China Airlines
Carbon Accounting Software Market Experiencing Huge Period of Growth
The number of corporations disclosing greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) increased significantly in 2009 and Groom Energy predicts ... greenhouse gas emissions for 5,000 buildings in 88 countries. The system. has identified more than 8,000 energy and cost ... of Corporate-Level Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emission Reporting and a Review. of GHG Software Products," presents three principal ... greenhouse gas management from compliance to emissions trading; material. Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) and chemical lifecycle ...
PAS 2050 - Carbon Footprint | Sustainability | SGS
Home › Sustainability › Environment › Carbon Services › Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Lifecycle Assessment › PAS 2050 - Carbon ... standard. The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is working on a new standard for the Carbon Footprint of ... you must demonstrate and effectively communicate your greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. ... SGS can help your organization meet these carbon footprint standards. Our audit and assessment can lead to competitive ...
ifolor Quality | Photos for life | ifolor
Carbon Neutral Floors™
... s Greenhouse Gas Protocol, Product Life Cycle Accounting and Reporting Standard. ... Offered as a standard to every customer, at no extra cost, the program helps them meet their own sustainability goals. We know ... and the carbon offsets we purchase are required to meet the criteria of the Verified Carbon Standard.. Our global program is ... verified to the ISO 14064-3 standard and the methodology we use to calculate the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions throughout the ...
Greenhouse gas project registry released - Canadian Biomass Magazine
announced that the much anticipated Greenhouse Gas Emission Reductions Registry, for voluntary carbon offset projects, is now ... The Registry is unique among States, Provinces, and GHG jurisdictions thanks to transparent and consistent standards which ... Greenhouse gas project registry released December 6, 2011. By GHG Emissions Corp. ... announced that the much anticipated Greenhouse Gas Emission Reductions Registry, for voluntary carbon offset projects, is now ...
Rwanda - Africa - Countries & profiles - NCEA
Greenhouse gases- Part3: Specification with guidance for the validation and verification on greenhouse gas assertions. 9. RS ... Environmental Standards: relevant features. Rwanda has developed a list of 16 standards:. 1. ISO 14001: 2004: Environmental ... Greenhouse gases_Part1: Specification with guidance at the organization level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse ... Greenhouse gases- Part2: Specification with guidance at the project level for quantification, monitoring and reporting of ...
Latvijas valsts meži - Carbon
ISO 14064 GHG Lead Evaluator Workshop | Events | Asia | Sustainable Business
This five-day course is designed as a practical guide to understanding GHG (Green House Gases) reduction and making ... ISO 14064-3 Introduction,Verification, Principles and requirements,G.H.G. Verification & Validation, Process & Planning, GHG ... Onsite Practical Review, A practical review of a companys GHG inventory, recovery and sinks to ISO 14064 Standards, Assess the ... ISO 14064-2 Introduction,Projects, Principles,requirements,Project Based Activities, Determining Project Baseline, Quantifying ...
Glossary | CNH Industrial CSR 2013
GHG Protocol (Greenhouse Gas Protocol): international standards and guidance regarding corporate greenhouse gas accounting and ... LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas): gas obtained by subjecting compressed natural gas (CNG), previously purified and dehydrated, to ... Like other halocarbons, they are potent greenhouse gases.. Hill Holder: system that provides assistance when starting a vehicle ... CO2 eq (carbon dioxide equivalent): parameter used to compare various greenhouse gas emissions according to their Global ...
Reducing greenhouse gas emiss14065QuantificationAnthropogenic greenhouse gas emissProtocolGHGsReductionsAssertionsRemovalsVarious greenhouseValidation and verification bo14001VoluntaryMethodologiesReportingInventorySustainabilityStakeholdersOrganisationsTargetsCommitmentSpecificationGuidanceManagementInventoriesOrganizationsAccountingBodiesCertificationInternationally recognizedAssessMethaneVerifyClimateRequirementsProjectsCompliantCalculationEthanolMeasurementCarbon offsetsEnvironmentalInternationalAuditAssuranceSignificantlyServicesEquivalentsPubliclyAmountsLegislationReduce
Reducing greenhouse gas emiss2
- First published in 2006, ISO's range of standards for greenhouse gases are an essential set of tools for programmes aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions, as well as for emissions trading. (iso.org)
- The ISO 14064 standards provide governments, businesses, regions and other organisations with an integrated set of tools for programs aimed at measuring, quantifying and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. (wikipedia.org)
- The ANSI Accreditation Program for Greenhouse Gas Validation/Verification Bodies operates according to requirements defined in ISO 14065:2013, Greenhouse gases - Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation or other forms of recognition. (ansi.org)
- ISO 14064 - Greenhouse Gases Package (it includes ISO 14064-1:2006, ISO 14064-2:2006, ISO 14064-3:2006, ISO 14065:2013 and ISO 14066:2011). (ansi.org)
- Another reason for selecting those credits was that they were under the J-Credit Scheme - operated by the Japanese government - which is based on ISO 14064-2 , ISO 14064-3 and ISO 14065 for accreditation and verification bodies. (iso.org)
- The one-year delay will provide time to assemble sufficient verification capacity, in accordance with the ISO 14064 and 14065 requirements. (mondaq.com)
- Specification with guidance at the organization level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and removals will address some key GHG quantification issues and will include a more standardized reporting frame. (iso.org)
- Specification with Guidance at the Organizational Level for Quantification and Reporting of Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Removals, Moscow: Standartinform, 2010. (springer.com)
- Terrapass adheres to specific carbon offset standards, which assure transparency and quality in the creation, quantification and verification of offset projects. (terrapass.com)
- The ISO working group revising environmental management standard ISO 14001 'walked the talk' at their latest meeting in Tokyo, Japan, on 2-7 February 2015 by offsetting their carbon emissions using ISO 14064 for greenhouse gas quantification, reporting and monitoring. (iso.org)
- PAS 2080 includes requirements for effective governance and leadership, quantification of greenhouse gas emissions, target setting, reporting, information management and continual improvement. (lr.org)
Anthropogenic greenhouse gas emiss2
- This paper overviews the anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions in Hungary in the period 1985-95. (environmental-expert.com)
- Some of the key examples of greenhouse gas inventories include: All Annex I countries are required to report annual emissions and sinks of greenhouse gases under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) National governments that are Parties to the UNFCCC and/or the Kyoto Protocol are required to submit annual inventories of all anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions from sources and removals from sinks. (wikipedia.org)
- Our carbon footprints comply with internationally recognised standards (Greenhouse Gas Protocol, ISO 14064). (myclimate.org)
- The ISO 14064 Greenhouse Gases is a voluntary, 3-part series of auditable standards that are compatible with the GHG Protocol. (desjardins.com)
- This happens in accordance with the global, cross-industry "GHG Protocol for Products" standard, the European Standard EN 16258 and ISO 14064 standards. (dhl.com)
- Audits are conducted to comply with BSI PAS 2060, ISO 14064 and the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Product Life Cycle Accounting and Reporting Standard 2011. (wikipedia.org)
- The Local Government Operations Protocol (LGOP) is a tool for accounting and reporting greenhouse gas emissions across a local government's operations. (wikipedia.org)
- This is best done and achieves global acceptance by using the internationally recognised Greenhouse Gas Protocol and its allied international Standard ISO 14064 and conformance to the Mandatory requirements - which owe much of their construction to GHGP/ISO. (carbonaction.co.uk)
- In order to manage and reduce carbon exposures Investment managers need to be aware and understand to allow them apply the ISO 14064-1 GHG Standard and the WBCSD/WRI GHG Protocol for Corporate Accounting to their portfolios. (carbonaction.co.uk)
- This knowledge allows managers to delegate to their staffs and allow GHG practitioners to be able to apply tools, methods and other good practice guidance in the WBCSD/WRI GHG Protocol for Corporate Accounting and the requirements of the ISO 14064-1 GHG Standard for the development of inventory requirements. (carbonaction.co.uk)
- Responsibility for GHG emissions may also be uncertain and both the WBCSD/WRI GHG Protocol for Corporate Accounting and the ISO 14064-1 GHG Standard allow for reporting to be allocated appropriately either using the Control Share approach or the Equity share consolidation methods. (carbonaction.co.uk)
- Carbon management is centered around the measurement , management and mitigation of the six greenhouse gases (GHGs) covered by the Kyoto Protocol. (valpak.co.uk)
- FROM a whisper to a scream, from 0 to 60 in 4 seconds or less, whether you prefer music metaphors or car metaphors, all of a sudden it seems that regulation of greenhouse gases (GHGs) is about to descend upon us. (environmental-expert.com)
- Specification with guidance at the project level for quantifcation, monitoring and reporting of greenhouse gas emission reductions or removal enhancements will be expanded to be applicable to carbon credit and innovative technology projects, and projects internal to organizations. (iso.org)
- This paper discusses greenhouse gas reductions gained through demand-side management programs. (environmental-expert.com)
- Terrapass also uses the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS), which is a global benchmark standard for project-based, voluntary, greenhouse gas emission reductions and removals. (terrapass.com)
- A "carbon offset" is a reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions that is achieved to compensate for, or "offset," GHG emissions occurring at other sources.1 In a cap-and-trade system, carbon offsets allow emissions from regulated sources to increase above levels set by the cap, on the premise that those increases are compensated by reductions achieved at unregulated sources. (wri.org)
- Dec. 6, 2011, Calgary, AB - GHG Emissions Corp. announced that the much anticipated Greenhouse Gas Emission Reductions Registry, for voluntary carbon offset projects, is now in operation and showcasing projects for private investment and industrial offset commitments. (canadianbiomassmagazine.ca)
- The GHG Emission Corp. Registry provides the credibility demanded by voluntary markets as well as to enhance consumer, business and government confidence that the reductions or removals are accurate, absolute and consistent under ISO 14064 standards. (canadianbiomassmagazine.ca)
- Validation against ISO 14064-2, establishes the integrity of your project baseline, design plan and supporting assumptions to ensure you realise your projected GHG reductions. (lr.org)
- Validation of GHG projects to ISO 14064-2 provides confidence that the GHG project, if implemented as planned, will help achieve the projected emission reductions. (lr.org)
- Our assurance engagements are conducted in accordance with ISO 14064-3: Specification with guidance for validation and verification of greenhouse gas assertions to provide reasonable assurance of the claim of conformity. (lr.org)
- Unlike some other air emission inventories, greenhouse gas inventories include not only emissions from source categories, but also removals by carbon sinks. (wikipedia.org)
- Greenhouse gas inventories typically use Global warming potential (GWP) values to combine emissions of various greenhouse gases into a single weighted value of emissions. (wikipedia.org)
- CO 2 eq (carbon dioxide equivalent): parameter used to compare various greenhouse gas emissions according to their Global Warming Potential (GWP). (cnhindustrial.com)
Validation and verification bo1
- Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation or other forms of recognition are standards used by greenhouse gas programmes around the world and will be revised to ensure they are as up to date as possible and to serve new market needs such as product carbon footprint verifications. (iso.org)
- ISO 14001 is one step closer to a new version following a week of meetings in Panama where experts discussed the environmental management system standard. (iso.org)
- Experts revising ISO 14001 on environmental management systems met in Tokyo in February 2015 to look at over 1 400 comments received during the previous public consultation (DIS) and produce a Final Draft International Standard (FDIS). (iso.org)
- We are also the global leader in ISO 14001:2004 certification and ISO 14064:2006 validation/verification. (sgs.com)
- The ISO 14064 GHG Standard is flexible so it can be used for different types and sizes of organizations and for different voluntary and mandatory objectives. (carbonaction.co.uk)
- ACR publishes standards, methodologies, protocols and tools for greenhouse gas accounting, which are based on International Standards Organization (ISO) 14064 and sound scientific practice. (terrapass.com)
- Kurz thermal mass fl ow meters exceed the certifi cation levels required by the Mandatory GHG Reporting regulation and are approved for these applicationsGREENHOUSE GAS SOLUTIONS FOR MONITORING/REPORTINGcomplex technology MADE SIMPLEA P P L I C A T I O N N O T E (1) The rule is contained in the US Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40, Part 98. (environmental-expert.com)
- The research report, "2010 Enterprise Carbon Accounting: An Analysis of Corporate-Level Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emission Reporting and a Review of GHG Software Products," presents three principal factors that are behind the momentum of the ECA market. (fastcompany.com)
- The Government are to introduce regulations on mandatory reporting of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by LSE-quoted companies in April 2013. (carbonaction.co.uk)
- On October 7, 2009, the Ministry of the Environment posted its draft Greenhouse Gas Emission Reporting Regulation and Guideline on the Environmental Registry (under EBR Registry # 010-7889). (mondaq.com)
- Over the past two years, she has been working with stakeholder groups to develop personnel certification programs for GHG Verifiers and GHG Inventory Developers based on international standards. (environmental-expert.com)
- Once you have determined the goals of your company's greenhouse gas management program, the next step is often to perform an emissions inventory, which will provide information about the emissions generated by your business. (desjardins.com)
- There are several reasons to consider performing an emissions inventory as part of an overall greenhouse gas management plan. (desjardins.com)
- Example: Project Vulcan - a comprehensive US inventory of fossil-fuel greenhouse gas emissions. (wikipedia.org)
- Thus, different values for a National greenhouse gas Emissions Inventory (NEI) could result in a country choosing different optimal mitigation activities, the wrong choice based on wrong information being potentially damaging. (wikipedia.org)
- Your stakeholders expect the organization to comply with environmental standards and demonstrate commitment to reducing the impact of daily operations. (sgs.com)
- These standards allow organisations take part in emissions trading schemes using a globally recognised standard. (wikipedia.org)
- This five-day course is designed as a practical guide to understanding GHG (Green House Gases) reduction and making organisations / companies striving to be carbon neutral, to equip candidates with the skills to take on the role of leading GHG reduction projects within their own organisation / companies. (eco-business.com)
- ISO 14064 provides a framework for GHG accounting and verification to organisations looking to quantify and reduce GHG emissions. (lr.org)
- With the introduction of the UK Climate Change Act 2008 and its new tougher legally binding greenhouse gas reduction targets, in a few years organisations from across all sectors may have little choice but to act to reduce greenhouse gas emissions that result from the consumption of energy. (docplayer.net)
- Carbon offsets can be an effective tool for lowering the costs of compliance in a cap-and-trade program, and are already being widely used internationally to comply with greenhouse gas emissions targets. (wri.org)
- Each project should be independently verified by third party sources and truly benefit the planet by upholding their commitment to reduce greenhouse gasses and/or produce sustainable energy. (terrapass.com)
- We have been receiving this certificate - on the basis of the international standard ISO 14064 - since 2012 for our commitment to striving for the continuous improvement of greenhouse gas levels within the meaning of Swiss Climate. (ifolor.ch)
- Biobased carbon content is measured using the 14C method (radio carbon dating method) that adheres to the technical specification CEN/TS 16137 and the upcoming European norm EN 16640 (or the corresponding US standard ASTM 6866). (european-bioplastics.org)
- Both authorities base their certification on the technical specification CEN/ TS 16137 and the upcoming European norm EN 16640 (14C method for determining biobased carbon content). (european-bioplastics.org)
- The ISO 14064 GHG Standard can be used stand alone, but is intended to be used in accordance with established procedures from good practice guidance (e.g. (carbonaction.co.uk)
- Now ISO's Technical Committee for greenhouse gas management, TC207/SC7 , is reviewing several standards to ensure they meet the ever-changing market needs of the future. (iso.org)
- Of the many sources of urban greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, solid waste is the only one for which management decisions are undertaken primarily by municipal governments themselves and is hence often the largest component of cities' corporate inventories. (environmental-expert.com)
- ISO was preparing to launch its new international greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting and verification standards - the three-part ISO 14064 - when this issue of ISO Management Systems went to press. (environmental-expert.com)
- The ISO 14064 standards (published in 2006 and early 2007) are the most recent additions to the ISO 14000 series of international standards for environmental management. (wikipedia.org)
- In addition, Lloyd's Register is accredited to a number of accreditation standards that relate to carbon management schemes. (lr.org)
- Effective carbon management is a complicated process requiring an in depth understanding of carbon accounting standards, large quantities of data and complex supply chains and life cycles. (valpak.co.uk)
- Trust us to be your provider of public and in-house Standards & Management Systems Training. (saiglobal.com)
- Greenhouse gas inventories are emission inventories of greenhouse gas emissions that are developed for a variety of reasons. (wikipedia.org)
- ISO's goal in developing the standards is to provide a set of unambiguous and verifiable requirements or specifications to support organizations and proponents of GHG emission reduction projects. (environmental-expert.com)
- The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) offers an accreditation program for organizations providing third-party validation/verification services for the reduction and removal of greenhouse gases (GHG). (ansi.org)
- Greenhouse gas emissions accounting is measuring the amount of greenhouse gases (GHG) emitted during a given period of time by a polity, usually a country but sometimes a region or city. (wikipedia.org)
- The Corporate Standard online course is a perfect entry-point for corporate greenhouse gas emissions accounting. (ghgprotocol.org)
- CAR achieves this by establishing high-quality standards to quantify and verify greenhouse gas emission reduction projects, overseeing independent third-party verification bodies, issuing carbon credits generated from such projects and tracking the credits over time in a transparent, publicly-accessible system. (terrapass.com)
- To future-proof the standard as far as possible, the ISO/TC 207/SC7 technical group continues to work closely with key bodies such as Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), World Resources Institute (WRI), The Gold Standard Foundation and other key parties. (lr.org)
- Certification and corresponding labels showing the biobased mass content (as opposed to the biobased content) have been developed by the French Association Chimie du Végétal and are based on the European norm EN 16640. (european-bioplastics.org)
- With GoGreen climate neutral service we can help you offset your greenhouse gas logistics emissions through investments in internationally recognized climate protection projects, including our very own independent project in Lesotho. (dhl.com)
- ISO 14064 is an internationally recognized environmental standard that helps companies quantify, manage, report, and verify their GHG emissions. (tuv.com)
- During production of iron and steel are generated carbon monoxide and greenhouse gases: methane, and carbon dioxide. (springer.com)
- Used as a biofuel for motor vehicles in the same way as natural gas (or fossil methane). (cnhindustrial.com)
- CNG (Compressed Natural Gas): natural gas, composed mainly of methane, compressed and stored in special containers at high pressure. (cnhindustrial.com)
- The Registry is unique among States, Provinces, and GHG jurisdictions thanks to transparent and consistent standards which calculate, verify and publicly report greenhouse gas emissions into a single comprehensive registry. (canadianbiomassmagazine.ca)
- ISO TC 207/SC7 regularly receives requests for new climate change standards. (iso.org)
- We insist on high standards and select climate protection projects based on both their environmental and social benefits. (dhl.com)
- The Lesotho project has also been certified under the new Fairtrade Climate Standard Fairtrade climate and development projects since 2016 and it is the first of its kind to meet this standard. (dhl.com)
- For that reason, we are contacting our suppliers and asking them provide us with energy and fuel use information for those services that they provide on behalf of HCC The energy and fuel data will be fed into a spreadsheet supplied by the Department for Energy and Climate Change (DECC) which will calculate greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions This information is reported annually for the year 1 April to 31 March. (docplayer.net)
- A set of processes that show your product, service or system meets the requirements of a standard. (iso.org)
- ISO 14066:2011 Greenhouse gases - Competence requirements for greenhouse gas validation teams and verification teams. (ansi.org)
- ANSI has developed and compiled a comprehensive collection of standard packages to support your standard requirements. (ansi.org)
- All projects must generate at least 'VER Gold Standard' credits. (dhl.com)
- By 2012, CO2balance had started to implement energy-efficiency projects under the Gold Standard, VCS and CDM carbon standards, with a particular focus on fuel efficient cookstoves and safe water technology. (wikipedia.org)
- In 2013 CO2balance registered the first multi-country programme of activities (PoA) for micro-scale projects under the Gold Standard. (wikipedia.org)
- In 2017, CO2balance began developing projects for the Gold Standard's new Gold Standard for the Global Goals (GS4GG), and became the first organisation to pilot SDG 5 (Gender Equality) for the standard. (wikipedia.org)
- The impacts of projects are verified primarily under the Gold Standard for the Global Goals (GS4GG), as well as the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and Verra. (wikipedia.org)
- Lastly, all Gold Standard Projects are retired on the Markit registry - an independent establishment that increases transparency, efficiency and scalability within the global environmental markets. (terrapass.com)
- TÜV Rheinland provides ISO 14064-compliant carbon footprint services, which help your enterprise learn more about the conditions of, and possible liabilities and risks associated with your GHG emissions. (tuv.com)
- Moreover, these measures would grow the economy, retain jobs in the ethanol industry and significantly cut greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the transportation sector. (advancedbiofuelsusa.info)
- Axetris' Laser Gas Detection (LGD) Modules are self-contained, ready-to-use devices for the measurement of gases such as NH3, HCl, CH4, CO2, (H2O). (environmental-expert.com)
- It's critical to know that the company selling the carbon offsets maintains the highest project standards. (terrapass.com)
- To function well and maintain the integrity of a cap-and-trade system, carbon offsets must adhere to certain basic criteria and standards defining how they are quantified and certified. (wri.org)
- Our Carbon Neutral Floors program is independently verified each year by APEX (formerly verifier was Bureau Veritas) and the carbon offsets we purchase are required to meet the criteria of the Verified Carbon Standard. (nora.com)
- To impress your organization's environmental credentials on customers, consumers and shareholders, you must demonstrate and effectively communicate your greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. (sgs.com)
- Presentation Objective Brief Background on Gr Gas (GhG) emissions Domestic and international policydevelopclimate change Best practices in greenhouse gas inventorying! (environmental-expert.com)
- D-U-N-S" steht f r "Data Universal Numbering System", einen 1962 durch D&B entwickelten und heute international als Standard eingesetzten Zahlencode zur eindeutigen Identifizierung von Unternehmen sowie zum Aufzeigen von Konzernstrukturen. (etymologie.info)
- The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is working on a new standard for the Carbon Footprint of Products - ISO 14067. (sgs.com)
- See the terrapass standards here and read on for more information about each audit group. (terrapass.com)
- Verification against ISO 14064-1 provides the necessary assurance of your carbon footprint declarations. (lr.org)
- The number of corporations disclosing greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) increased significantly in 2009 and Groom Energy predicts that ECA software purchases will increase 600% by 2011. (fastcompany.com)
- Whether you run a business, work for a company or government, or want to know how standards contribute to products and services that you use, you'll find it here. (iso.org)
- term expressing the total greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, in CO2 equivalents, of a product, service or organization. (cnhindustrial.com)
- About 300 of the standards produced by ISO and IEC 's Joint Technical Committee 1 (JTC1) have been made freely/publicly available. (thefullwiki.org)
- Access legislation and get access to critical information about legislation (including Standards & Codes in Law). (saiglobal.com)
- EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation): system that recirculates exhaust gas back to the engine's intake to reduce NOx emissions. (cnhindustrial.com)
- Ontario has begun to lay the technical groundwork for joining a North American cap-and-trade network designed to control and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. (mondaq.com)