Aberrant Crypt Foci
Rats, Inbred Strains
High molecular weight polysaccharides present in the cell walls of all plants. Pectins cement cell walls together. They are used as emulsifiers and stabilizers in the food industry. They have been tried for a variety of therapeutic uses including as antidiarrheals, where they are now generally considered ineffective, and in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia.
A polysaccharide with glucose units linked as in CELLOBIOSE. It is the chief constituent of plant fibers, cotton being the purest natural form of the substance. As a raw material, it forms the basis for many derivatives used in chromatography, ion exchange materials, explosives manufacturing, and pharmaceutical preparations.
A homologous family of regulatory enzymes that are structurally related to the protein silent mating type information regulator 2 (Sir2) found in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Sirtuins contain a central catalytic core region which binds NAD. Several of the sirtuins utilize NAD to deacetylate proteins such as HISTONES and are categorized as GROUP III HISTONE DEACETYLASES. Several other sirtuin members utilize NAD to transfer ADP-RIBOSE to proteins and are categorized as MONO ADP-RIBOSE TRANSFERASES, while a third group of sirtuins appears to have both deacetylase and ADP ribose transferase activities.
2] For the preparation of aliphatic hydrazines, the reaction of hydrazine with alkylating compounds such as alkyl halides is ... 1,1-Dimethylhydrazine is produced by the reduction of N-nitrosodimethylamine. The reduction of benzenediazonium chloride with ... 2,4-Dinitrophenylhydrazine is produced by the reaction of 1-chloro-2,4-dinitrobenzene with hydrazine. Tetraphenylhydrazine is ... Phenylhydrazine and 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine have were used historically in analytical chemistry to detect and identify ...
3.0.CO;2-E. PMID 9028353. Di Marzio L, Di Leo A, Cinque B, Fanini D, Agnifili A, Berloco P, Linsalata M, Lorusso D, Barone M, ... 43 (2): 316-24. PMID 11861674. Duan RD, Cheng Y, Hansen G, Hertervig E, Liu JJ, Syk I, Sjostrom H, Nilsson A (June 2003). " ... 235 (1): 141-6. doi:10.1016/j.canlet.2005.04.016. PMID 16290921. Soo I, Madsen KL, Tejpar Q, Sydora BC, Sherbaniuk R, Cinque B ... J. 394 (Pt 1): 299-308. doi:10.1042/BJ20051121. PMC 1386028. PMID 16255717. Andersson D, Kotarsky K, Wu J, Agace W, Duan RD ( ...
In a study where rats were treated with Brevetoxin B (PbTx2), there was a noticeable 2-3 fold growth in the amount of DNA seen ... 1,2-dimethylhydrazine also known as (DMH) is a known colon carcinogen and shows signs of possessing clastogenic activity. ... 582 (1-2): 116-134. 2005-04-04. doi:10.1016/j.mrgentox.2005.01.005. ISSN 1383-5718. Vanhauwaert, A. (2001-01-01). "The in vivo ... 16 (1): 39-50. doi:10.1093/mutage/16.1.39. ISSN 1464-3804. Bignold, L.P. (March-June 2009). "Mechanisms of clastogen-induced ...
500 grams (1 pound) of flour yields a standard loaf of bread or two baguettes. Calcium propionate is commonly added by ... Retrieved 1 October 2016. Wheat, in the form of bread, provides more nutrients to the world population than any other single ... Retrieved 1 October 2016. Aside from bread wheat and durum, other types of wheat include spelt, emmer, einkorn and kamut. These ... 24 (2): 115-119. doi:10.1016/j.fm.2006.07.004. PMID 17008153. McGee, Harold (2004). On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore ...
2-dimethylhydrazine". European Journal of Cancer Prevention. 18 (4): 291-302. doi:10.1097/CEJ.0b013e32832945a6. PMID 19417676. ... 2-dimethylhydrazine". European Journal of Cancer Prevention. 18 (4): 291-302. doi:10.1097/CEJ.0b013e32832945a6. PMID 19417676. ... 2-dimethylhydrazine". European Journal of Cancer Prevention. 18 (4): 291-302. doi:10.1097/CEJ.0b013e32832945a6. PMID 19417676 ... effect of bread crust antioxidant pronyl-lysine on two different categories of colonic premalignant lesions induced by 1, ...
9 (2): 179-88. doi:10.1038/sj/cdd/4400935. PMID 11840168. Lan A, Bruneau A, Bensaada M, Philippe C, Bellaud P, Rabot S, Jan G ( ... 91 (1): 1-26. doi:10.1051/dst/2010032. S2CID 6044008. Jan G, Belzacq AS, Haouzi D, Rouault A, Métivier D, Kroemer G, Brenner C ... Cousin FJ, Mater DD, Foligne B, Jan G (2 August 2010). "Dairy propionibacteria as human probiotics: A review of recent evidence ... 1-29. doi:10.1002/9781118960608.gbm00167. ISBN 9781118960608. Frohnmeyer, Esther; Deptula, Paulina; Nyman, Tuula A.; Laine, Pia ...
... symmetrical dimethylhydrazine) are hydrazines where two hydrogen atoms are replaced by methyl groups. UDMH is the easier of the ... 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine (2,4-DNPH) is commonly used to test for ketones and aldehydes in organic and clinical chemistry. ... Saturated hydronitrogens can be: linear (general formula N nH n + 2) wherein the nitrogen atoms are joined in a snakelike ... 2. Each nitrogen atom has three bonds (either N-H or N-N bonds), and each hydrogen atom is joined to a nitrogen atom (H-N bonds ...
24 (2): 115-119. doi:10.1016/j.fm.2006.07.004.. *^ McGee, Harold (2004). On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the ... Retrieved 2 October 2016.. *^ "Preferments". King Arthur Flour.. Missing or empty ,url=. (help); ,access-date=. requires ,url= ... Retrieved 2 October 2016.. *^ Finley, John H.; Phillips, R. O. (1989). Protein quality and the effects of processing. New York ... Retrieved 1 October 2016.. *^ Hamelman, Jeffrey (2004). Bread: a baker's book of techniques and recipes. New York: John Wiley. ...
John T. James
2-Dimethylhydrazine. In 1986 James became a Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT). James is the chief scientist ... thesis was entitled The DNA Adducts and Neoplastic Changes Produced in the Large Intestine of ICR/Ha and CSTBI/Ha Mice by 1, ...
240 (2): 221-4. doi:10.1016/j.canlet.2005.09.011. PMID 16377080. Takayama T, Katsuki S, Takahashi Y, Ohi M, Nojiri S, Sakamaki ... 132 (2): 656-66. doi:10.1021/ja907716f. PMID 20028024. Peng-Yu, Yang; Min, Wang; Kai, Liu; Mun Hong, Ngai; Omar, Sheriff; J. ... 132 (2): 656-66. doi:10.1021/ja907716f. PMID 20028024 - via researchgate.net. Yang, Peng-Yu; Wang, Min; Liu, Kai; Ngai, Mun ... 1 June 2009. Archived from the original on 9 June 2009. Retrieved 20 June 2009. Devarajan, Uma (1 March 2009). "Fatty issues". ...
List of IARC Group 2A Agents - Probably carcinogenic to humans
Volumes 1-124". IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Risk to Humans. IARC. July 7, 2019. Retrieved July 14, 2019. "IARC ... 3-cyclohexyl-1-nitrosourea) 4-Chloro-o-toluidine Chlorozotocin Cisplatin Cyclopenta[c,d]pyrene Diazinon Dibenz[a,j]acridine ... July 1, 2016). "Carcinogenicity of drinking coffee, mate, and very hot beverages". The Lancet Oncology. Elsevier. 17 (7): 877-8 ... 2,3-Trichloropropane Tris(2,3-dibromopropyl) phosphate Vinyl bromide Vinyl fluoride Malaria (caused by infection with ...
Members of this class include: Monomethylhydrazine Dimethylhydrazines Symmetrical dimethylhydrazine (1,2-dimethylhydrazine) ... Trimethylhydrazine 1,1,2-trimethylhydrazine 1,1,1-trimethylhydrazinium (cationic and exists as a variety of salts e.g. 1,1,1- ... 1,1,2-tetramethylhydrazinium (cationic and exists as a variety of salts) Pentamethylhydrazinium (cationic and exists as a ...
The Qiam 1's accuracy is also improved with the addition of a separable warhead. Other changes to the warhead include a "baby- ... Far simpler than the V-2's multi-chamber design, and employing an anti-oscillation baffle to prevent chugging, it was a ... with unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH, Russian TG-02 like German Tonka 250) as liquid igniter (self-ignition with IRFNA) ... The earlier R-1 missile had carried the NATO name SS-1 Scunner, but was of a very different design, almost directly a copy of ...
... is the name of two compounds with the molecular formula C2H8N2. These are: unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (1 ... with both methyl groups bonded to the same nitrogen atom symmetrical dimethylhydrazine (1,2-dimethylhydrazine), with one methyl ...
Symmetrical dimethylhydrazine, 1,2-dimethylhydrazine is also known but is not as useful. UDMH is produced industrially by two ... Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH; 1,1-dimethylhydrazine ; heptyl) is a chemical compound with the formula H2NN(CH3)2 that ... "PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATION PROPELLANT, uns-DIMETHYLHYDRAZINE (MIL-PRF-25604F)". ASSIST Database Quicksearch. 2014-03-11. ... ISBN 0-8135-0725-1. Broad, William J.; Sanger, David E. (17 September 2017). "The Rare, Potent Fuel Powering North Korea's ...
Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine 74-79-3 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine from PubChem Record of 1,2-Dimethylhydrazin ... or symmetrical dimethylhydrazine, is the organic compound with the formula (CH3NH)2. It is one of the two isomers of ... 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine is a potent carcinogen that acts as a DNA methylating agent. The compound has no commercial value, in ... dimethylhydrazine. Both isomers are colorless liquids at room temperature, with properties similar to those of methylamines. ...
Liquid rocket propellant
Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) or Monomethylhydrazine (MMH) / Dinitrogen tetroxide (NTO or N 2O 4) Used in three first ... hydrazine or unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) as fuel were then adopted in the United States and the Soviet Union for use ... The V-2 rockets developed by Nazi Germany used LOX and ethyl alcohol. One of the main advantages of alcohol was its water ... The V-2 used an alcohol/LOX liquid-propellant engine, with hydrogen peroxide to drive the fuel pumps. The alcohol was mixed ...
... and unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine, (CH3)2N(NH2) (also known as UDMH). These derivatives are used in two-component rocket ... For hydrazine the 1-hour SPEGL is 2 ppm, with a 24-hour SPEGL of 0.08 ppm. A complete surveillance programme for hydrazine ... 2 (6): 972-974. Bibcode:1965JSpRo...2..972H. doi:10.2514/3.28327. Vieira R, Pham-Huu C, Kellera N, et al. (2002). "New carbon ... Reaction 2 is the most exothermic, but produces a smaller number of molecules than that of reaction 1. Reaction 3 is ...
The missile used a hypergolic bipropellant combination of unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) fuel in combination with red ... Initial operational capability was achieved on 1 November 1961. The missile continued to serve until 1976, with maximum ... the first flight of the missile took place on 2 February 1961. ...
EPA list of extremely hazardous substances
Dimefox Dimethoate Dimethyl phosphorochloridothioate Dimethyl-p-phenylenediamine Dimethyldichlorosilane Dimethylhydrazine ... 2-(bis(1-methylethyl)amino)ethyl) O-ethyl ester Phosphonothioic acid, methyl-, O-(4-nitrophenyl) O-phenyl ester Phosphoric acid ... July 1, 2008 ed.), Government Printing Office, archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-02-25, retrieved March 8, 2009. ... 2-chloroethyl)amine Valinomycin Vinyl acetate monomer Warfarin Warfarin sodium Xylylene dichloride Zinc phosphide List of ...
... is formed from the rocket fuel unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) and methyl iodide, and acts as a vicarious nucleophilic ... TATB, triaminotrinitrobenzene or 2,4,6-triamino-1,3,5-trinitrobenzene is an aromatic explosive, based on the basic six-carbon ... TATB is produced by nitration of 1,3,5-trichlorobenzene to 1,3,5-trichloro-2,4,6-trinitrobenzene, then the chlorine atoms are ...
Attitude was controlled by a Sun-star sensor with attitude correction performed by a dimethylhydrazine/nitric acid bipropellant ... Mars 1M No.1, known in the West as Marsnik 1, Mars 1960A and Korabl 4, was destroyed in a launch failure on October 10, 1960. ... Mars 1M No.2, known in the West as Marsnik 2, Korabl 5 and Mars 1960B, was launched on October 14, 1960. Both Mars 1M ... Mars 1M No.2 reached an altitude of 120 km before reentry. Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev had planned to bring models of the ...
Proton (rocket family)
The (GRAU index) 8K82K version is now usually called "Proton K". It is fuelled by very toxic unsymmetrical dimethyl hydrazine ... During the Cold War, it was designated the D-1/D-1e or SL-12/SL-13 by Western intelligence agencies. Launch capacity to low ... On 2 July 2013, a Proton-M launching three GLONASS navigation satellites experienced a failure reminiscent of the 1960s ... 2 July 2013. "Commercial Launch Heritage , Proton Rocket , International Launch Services". ilslaunch.com. Retrieved 13 ...
Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine, a rocket fuel, is prepared from dimethylamine. It is an attractant for boll weevils. ... 37 (2): 71-102. doi:10.1016/S0920-5861(97)00003-5. Neurath, G. B.; et al. (1977). "Primary and secondary amines in the human ... Dimethylamine is a weak base and the pKa of the ammonium CH3-NH+ 2-CH3 is 10.73, a value above methylamine (10.64) and ... doi:10.1016/s0015-6264(77)80197-1. Ashford's Dictionary of Industrial Chemicals, 3rd edition, 2011, pages 3284-3286 The Merck ...
Long March (rocket family)
Long March 1's 1st and 2nd stage used nitric acid and Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) propellants, and its upper stage ... The Long March 1 was quickly replaced by the Long March 2 family of launchers. After the U.S. Space Shuttle Challenger was ... AsiaSat 1, which had originally been launched by the Space Shuttle and retrieved by another Space Shuttle after a failure, was ... The Long March 1 rocket is derived from earlier Chinese 2-stage Intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM) DF-4, or Dong Feng ...
... and unsymmetric dimethyl hydrazine (UDMH, (CH3)2N2H2) - Soviet Scud-C, aka SS-1-c,-d,-e Nitric acid 73% with dinitrogen ... MIM-3 Nike Ajax Antiaircraft Rocket Unsymmetric dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) and dinitrogen tetroxide (N2O4) - Proton, Rokot, Long ... Examples: Saturn V's F-1 and J-2, Delta IV's RS-68, Ariane 5's HM7B, Falcon 9's Merlin. Tap-off cycle Takes hot gases from the ... The first injectors used on the V-2 created parallel jets of fuel and oxidizer which then combusted in the chamber. This gave ...
With the use of the newly developed Hydyne, composed of a blend of 60% unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) and 40% ... Hydyne is a mixture of 60% unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) and 40% diethylenetriamine (DETA), developed in 1957 at ... ISBN 1-56347-649-5. NASA. The Mercury-Redstone Project, p. 3-2, 4-42. History of the Redstone Missile System, p. 60 History of ... Hydyne was used as the fuel for the first stage of the Juno I rocket that launched Explorer 1, the first successful satellite ...
Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine, a rocket fuel, is a highly effective precursor to NDMA: (CH3)2NNH2 + 2 O → (CH3)2NNO + H2O ... Dimethylamine is susceptible to oxidation to unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine, which air-oxidizes to NDMA. In the laboratory, ... 93 (2): 92-99. doi:10.1002/j.1551-8833.2001.tb09129.x. ISSN 0003-150X.[permanent dead link] Mitch, W. A.; Sharp, J. O.; ... 51 (23 Part 2): 6452-6469. PMID 1933907. "40 C.F.R.: Appendix A to Part 355-The List of Extremely Hazardous Substances and ...
After 24 weeks of dimethylhydrazine treatment the incidence of tumors in the whey protein-fed mice was substantially lower than ... 7. Dietary Whey Protein Inhibits The Development Of Dimethyl-hydrazine Induced Malignancy Bounous G., Papenburg R., Kongshavn P ... Dietary Milk Proteins Inhibit The Development Of Dimethyl-hydrazine-Induced Malignancy (2) Papenburg R., Bounous G., Fleiszer D ... After 20 weeks of dimethylhydrazine treatment, the number of plaque forming cells per spleen, following intravenous inoculation ...
Like other members of the Universal Rocket family, the Proton-K was fuelled by Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine and nitrogen ... Blok D-2 upper stages were used three times, with the Fobos 1, Fobos 2 and Mars 96 spacecraft. The Blok DM upper stage was used ... The Block DM1, a commercial version of the DM-2, was used to launch Inmarsat-3 F2. The Block DM2 upper stage was used to launch ... The most commonly used upper stage was the Blok DM-2, which was used on 109 flights, mostly with GLONASS and Raduga satellites ...
Mixed with unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine it was used as Hydyne, a propellent for liquid-fuel rockets. ... Diethylenetriamine (abbreviated DETA and also known as 2,2'-Iminodi(ethylamine)) is an organic compound with the formula HN( ... In coordination chemistry, it serves as a tridentate ligand forming complexes such as Co(dien)(NO2)3. ... 2,2'-Iminodi(ethylamine); Health-based Reassessment of Administrative Occupational Exposure Limits" (PDF). 2005.. ...
Like other members of the Universal Rocket family, the Proton-K was fuelled by Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine and nitrogen ... Proton K/D-2. Mars 96. 6825. Heliocentric. too low LEO. Block D-2 fourth-stage engine failed to reignite to boost spacecraft ... April 2, 1969. Proton K/D. Mars probe. 4650. Heliocentric. ?. A fire in one of the first stage engines caused an almost ... Proton K/DM-2. Ekran M. ?. GEO. no. Second-stage engine shutoff because of termination of oxidizer supply due to fuel line ...
... there is speculation that the Hamhung plant is manufacturing unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine, a rocket fuel that is used in ... 2, Dec. 2014, pp. 425-450. Lee, Grace (2003). "The Political Philosophy of Juche" (PDF). Stanford Journal of East Asian Affairs ... Kim, C. H. (1 September 2014). "North Korea's Vinalon City: Industrialism as Socialist Everyday Life". Positions. 22 (4): 809- ...
... is a 50:50 mix by weight of hydrazine and unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH), originally developed in the late ... The Ariane 1 through Ariane 4 family used a related fuel, a mixture of 75% UDMH and 25% hydrazine hydrate called UH 25. ... By mixing pure hydrazine with UDMH, hydrazine's inconveniently high freezing point of 2 °C is lowered through freezing-point ... ISBN 0-8135-0725-1. "Army Develops New Fuel". Spacedaily.com. February 23, 2000. Retrieved July 12, 2014. McQuaid, Michael J. ( ...
... of thrust using unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) as the fuel, and inhibited red fuming nitric acid (IRFNA) as the ... Volume 1: Executive summary". NASA. "Agena Flight History as of 31 December 1967 - Volume 1" (PDF). Space and Missile Systems ... The final Agena-D upper stage was launched on a Titan IIIB rocket on February 12, 1987, carrying USA-21, the last SDS-1 ... "Feasibility Study, Final Report, Geodetic Orbital Photographic Satellite System, Volume 2" (PDF). NRO. June 1966. Genesis of ...
The docking drogue is similar to that of the Soyuz but features ducting for the Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) fuel and ... Progress 1 launched on 20 January 1978 aboard the same rocket used to launch the Soyuz. It still featured the same launch ... Between 1 February 2003 and 26 July 2005, they were the only spacecraft available to transport large quantities of supplies to ... "Return to selections: 1". Spacecraft Names. Archived from the original on 6 February 2012. Retrieved 29 March 2013. "Russian ...
The majority of the N-1's propellant load had not been consumed in the accident, and most of what had burned was in the first ... proposed the RD-270 engine using unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) and nitrogen tetroxide (N2O4) propellants to power the ... Retrieved 1 March 2015. Vick, Charles P. "Unmasking N1-L3 An In-depth Analysis of a Critical Aspect of the Cold War: The Soviet ... The second N-1 vehicle was launched on 3 July 1969 and carried a modified L1 Zond spacecraft and live escape tower. Boris ...
0.8 metres diameter Aerojet General AJ-10 liquid engine burning 1520 kg Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) and White ... Vanguard SLV-2 launched on 26 June 1958 at 05:00:52 GMT. It was launched from Launch Complex 18A (LC-18A) at the Cape Canaveral ... The SLV-2 satellite was a 9.75 kg, 50.8 cm diameter sphere. The spherical shell was magnesium, internally gold-plated and ... Vanguard SLV-2, also called Vanguard Satellite Launch Vehicle-2 hoped to be the second successful flight of the American ...
... and unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine for fuel. The first stage is unique in that it consists of a central cylindrical oxidizer ... unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH)) and debris created by Russia's space programme is poisoning areas of Russia and ... Retrieved 1 June 2017. "Russia to check space flight engines over faulty parts". "Russian rocket fails to reach target orbit". ... On 19 October 2011, ViaSat-1 weighing 6740 kg was lifted into GTO by the Proton-M/Briz-M Phase III. Proton Light and Proton ...
Later Redstones used Hydyne, 60% unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) and 40% diethylenetriamine (DETA), as the fuel. The ... The nuclear-armed Redstone carried the W39, either a MK 39Y1 Mod 1 or MK 39Y2 Mod 1, warhead with a yield of 3.8 megatons. ... Redstone was a direct descendant of the German V-2 rocket, developed primarily by a team of German rocket engineers brought to ... Redstone was a direct descendant of the German V-2 rocket, developed by a team of predominantly German rocket engineers under ...
... oxidiser and unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) fuel, fed into the combustion chamber by fuel pumps that ensured a more ... "SS-1 `Scud' (R-11/8K11, R-11FM (SS-N-1B) and R-17/8K14)". Jane's Information Group. 26 April 2001. Archived from the original ... Range - 300 km, CEP - 500-900 m Type of fuel - liquid Preparation time - 1 hour Period of storage - 19 years (in stock), 6 ... 2SH3 container x 2) GAZ-66 mobile command vehicle x 5 1T12-2M weather observation vehicle x 2 8T311 fuel neutralizer transport ...
LGM-25C Titan II
B-2 AF Ser. No 61-2756 at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville, Alabama, in the 1970s. B-5 AF Ser. No. 61-2759 at the ... One B-2, AF Ser. No. 61-2756, was given to the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama, in the 1970s. The 56 ... Dash 1) The first Titan II guidance system was built by AC Spark Plug. It used an IMU (inertial measurement unit, a gyroscopic ... ISBN 1-55728-601-9. Google Map of 62 Titan II Missile Sites throughout the United States Titan Missile Museum Titan Missile at ...
... dimethylhydrazine, azoxymethane, methylnitrosourea, and hydroxybutylnitrosamine in the brain, spinal cord, intestine, mammary ... Figure 1 (A) 3D structure of L-Ornithine (B) 3D structure of Eflornithine. This molecule is similar to the structure of L- ... 46 (1): 94-8. doi:10.1111/j.1365-4632.2006.03079.x. PMID 17214730. S2CID 10795478. Pepin J, Milord F, Guern C, Schechter PJ ( ... 46 (1): 94-98. doi:10.1111/j.1365-4632.2006.03079.x. ISSN 1365-4632. PMID 17214730. S2CID 10795478. Jackson J, Caro JJ; Caro G ...
Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle
... unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) as fuel and nitrogen tetroxide (N2O4) as oxidiser in two tanks separated by a common ... PSLV-C45 on 1 April 2019 was the first flight of PSLV-QL. PSLV-3S was conceived as a three-staged version of PSLV with its six ... On inter-stage (1/2U) of PS2 there are two pairs of ullage rockets to maintain positive acceleration during PS1/PS2 staging and ... "2 days after Space Station news, Isro calls for "docking experiments" on PSLV stage-4". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 ...
1,2-Dimethylhydrazine - Wikipedia
Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine 74-79-3 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine from PubChem Record of 1,2-Dimethylhydrazin ... or symmetrical dimethylhydrazine, is the organic compound with the formula (CH3NH)2. It is one of the two isomers of ... 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine is a potent carcinogen that acts as a DNA methylating agent. The compound has no commercial value, in ... dimethylhydrazine. Both isomers are colorless liquids at room temperature, with properties similar to those of methylamines. ...
TCI AMERICAS 1,2-dimethylhydrazine dihydrochloride - 29NA63|D0741-25G - Grainger
1,2-dimethylhydrazine - Substance Information - ECHA
Ss - Skin sensitiser (i.e. classified in skin sensitisation categories 1, 1A or 1B). More information about skin sensitiser ... 215-540-4, is covered by three harmonisations: 005-011-00-4; 005-011-01-1 and 005-011-02-9), CLH information cannot be ... Sr - Respiratory sensitiser (i.e. classified in respiratory sensitisation categories 1, 1A or 1B). More information about ...
1,2-Dimethylhydrazine (IARC Summary & Evaluation, Volume 71, 1999)
1,2-DIMETHYLHYDRAZINE. (Group 2A). For definition of Groups, see Preamble Evaluation. VOL.: 71 (1999) (p. 947). CAS No.: 540-73 ... 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine is probably carcinogenic to humans (Group 2A).. In making the overall evaluation, the Working Group took ... Name: 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine. 5. Summary of Data Reported and Evaluation. 5.1 Exposure data. 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine is believed ... 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine formed DNA adducts and induced gene mutations, DNA breaks and micronuclei in vitro and in vivo in rodents ...
Aged garlic extract inhibits 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced colon
DLD-1 human colon cancer cells were utilized to investigate the effect of AGE on anti-cell proliferation. AGE decreased the ... We investigated the antitumor effects of AGE in rats with 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH)-induced carcinogenesis, and the mechanism ... Aged garlic extract inhibits 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced colon tumor development by suppressing cell proliferation. ...
An Appraisal of Pumpkin Seed Extract in 1, 2-Dimethylhydrazine Induced Colon Cancer in Wistar Rats
2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH) induced colon cancer in Wistar rats.,i, Materials and Methods,/i,. Male Wistar rats were divided into ... The objective of this study was to evaluate pumpkin seed extract as prophylactic and treatment for 1, ... V. Prasad, N. Reddy, A. Francis et al., "Sambar, an Indian dish prevents the development of dimethyl hydrazine-induced colon ... To conclude, the present study provides evidence for the protective effects of pumpkin seeds in dimethylhydrazine (DMH) induced ...
Thymoquinone, the Nigella sativa Bioactive Compound, Prevents Circulatory Oxidative Stress Caused by 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine in...
1) Catalase Activity. Catalase activity was measured in the hemolysate at 240 nm and 25°C according to . Briefly, 20 μL of ... Hanene Jrah Harzallah,1 Rahma Grayaa,1 Wafa Kharoubi,2 Aya Maaloul,1 Mohamed Hammami,2 and Touhami Mahjoub1 ... 2, pp. 184-192, 1985. View at Google Scholar. *H. Gali-Muhtasib, M. Ocker, D. Kuester et al., "Thymoquinone reduces mouse colon ... 2. Material and Methods. 2.1. Animal Experimental Design. Adult male Wistar rats were bred in the animal care facility at the ...
Glycine- and proline-rich glycoprotein regulates the balance between cell proliferation and apoptosis for ACF formation in 1,2...
doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1099-0844(199912)17:4,253::AID-CBF837,3.0.CO;2-R PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar ... doi: 10.1002/1099-1387(200010)6:10,497::AID-PSC277,3.0.CO;2-W PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar ... Hinz B, Brune K (2002) Cyclooxygenase-2-10 years later. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 300:367-375. doi: 10.1124/jpet.300.2.367 PubMed ... 2.Center for the Control of Animal Hazards Using Biotechnology (BK 21)Chonnam National UniversityKwang-juSouth Korea ...
Abstract 3784: Caloric restriction inhibits 1, 2-dimethylhydrazine-induced aberrant crypt foci formation and induces...
Rats in groups 2 and 4 were fed a CR diet (60% of the ad libitum intake), and those in groups 1 and 3 were fed CE-2 diet (CLEA ... Groups 1 and 2 were given subcutaneous injection of 1, 2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH, 40 mg/Kg body weight), once a week for 2 weeks ... group 2 and group 3 vs. group 4). Interestingly, DMH treatment also increased the expression of sirt1 and sirt4 (group 1 vs. ... The number of ACF in colonic mucosa was significantly decreased in DMH-treated rats with CR (group 2) as compared to in DMH- ...
Protective role of luteolin in 1,2-dimethylhydrazine induced experimental colon carcinogenesis
Tumors from rats given 1,2-dimethylhydrazine plus chlorophyllin or indole-3-carbinol contain transcriptional changes in beta...
1,2-Dimethylhydrazine, Animals, Anticarcinogenic Agents, beta Catenin, Carcinogens, Chlorophyllides, Colonic Neoplasms, Cyclin ... Tumors induced in the rat by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH) contain mutations in beta-catenin, but the spectrum of such mutations ... Tumors from rats given 1,2-dimethylhydrazine plus chlorophyllin or indole-3-carbinol contain transcriptional changes in beta- ... Tumors from rats given 1,2-dimethylhydrazine plus chlorophyllin or indole-3-carbinol contain transcriptional changes in beta- ...
Gene expression profile and genomic alterations in colonic tumours induced by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH) in rats | BMC Cancer ...
Array-comparative genomic hybridization (a-CGH) was performed on 10 paired TUM-NM samples hybridized on Rat genome arrays 2 × ... or 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH)-induced colon carcinogenesis in rats shares many phenotypical similarities with human sporadic ... Open Peer Review Reports for: Gene expression profile and genomic alterations in colonic tumours induced by 1,2- ... dimethylhydrazine (DMH) in rats Back to article Pre-publication versions of this article are available by contacting [email protected] ...
Prophylactic intervention of probiotics ( L.acidophilus , L.rhamnosus GG) and celecoxib modulate Bax-mediated apoptosis in 1,2...
... down-regulated the expression of anti-apoptotic Bcl-2, proto-oncogene K-ras and up-regulated pro-apoptotic Bax as well as tumor ... 2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH) and the treatment continued for 18 weeks. Prophylactic potentials of probiotics and celecoxib were ... probiotics L.rhamnosus GG or/and L.acidophilus in combination with celecoxib one week prior to the inducement of tumor by 1, ... and celecoxib modulate Bax-mediated apoptosis in 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced experimental colon carcinogenesis ...
Anti-proliferative and Apoptotic Effects of Basella rubra (L.) Against 1, 2-Dimethyl Hydrazine-induced Colon Carcinogenesis in...
Against 1, 2-Dimethyl Hydrazine-induced Colon Carcinogenesis in Rats - Basella rubra;1, 2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH);colon cancer; ... Xu G, Ren G, Xu X, et al (2010). Combination of curcumin and green tea catechins prevents dimethylhydrazine- induced colon ... term bioassay for colon carcinogenesis using dimethylhydrazine in Wistar rats. Braz J Med Bio Res, 35, 351-5. ... 2.. Adhikari R, Naveen Kumar HN, Shruthi SD (2012). A review on medicinal importance of Basella alba L. Int J Pharm Sci Drug ...
Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine - Wikipedia
Symmetrical dimethylhydrazine, 1,2-dimethylhydrazine is also known but is not as useful. UDMH is produced industrially by two ... Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH; 1,1-dimethylhydrazine ; heptyl) is a chemical compound with the formula H2NN(CH3)2 that ... "PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATION PROPELLANT, uns-DIMETHYLHYDRAZINE (MIL-PRF-25604F)". ASSIST Database Quicksearch. 2014-03-11. ... ISBN 0-8135-0725-1. Broad, William J.; Sanger, David E. (17 September 2017). "The Rare, Potent Fuel Powering North Koreas ...
Specificity of transfer ribonucleic acid methylases from normal mouse colon and 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced colon tumours.<...
Pegg, A. (1972). Specificity of transfer ribonucleic acid methylases from normal mouse colon and 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced ... Specificity of transfer ribonucleic acid methylases from normal mouse colon and 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced colon tumours. / ... Specificity of transfer ribonucleic acid methylases from normal mouse colon and 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced colon tumours. ... Specificity of transfer ribonucleic acid methylases from normal mouse colon and 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced colon tumours. In ...
CDC - NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards - 1,1-Dimethylhydrazine
Hydrazines | ToxFAQs™ | ATSDR
For more information, you may call the ATSDR Information Center at 1-800-232-4636. This fact sheet is one in a series of ... Working in greenhouses where the chemical Alar is used may result in your being exposed to small amounts of 1,2- ... dimethylhydrazine.. Top of Page. How can hydrazines affect my health?. Breathing hydrazines for short periods may cause ... The EPA requires that spills or accidental releases into the environment of 1 pound or more of hydrazine or 1,2- ...
Table of IDLH Values | NIOSH | CDC
Chemical Priority Lists for Acute Exposure Guideline Levels (AEGLs) | Acute Exposure Guideline Levels for Airborne Chemicals |...
The Acute Exposure Guideline Levels (AEGLs) Program develops AEGL values for chemicals that can potentially cause dangerous inhalation exposures to persons through accidental releases to air or by means of a terrorist action.. AEGL values are developed for chemicals from a priority list that is generated from nominations by stakeholder organizations. While AEGL development focuses primarily on the priority-listed chemicals, occasionally other chemicals become of interest and are nominated for priority consideration.. The First AEGL Chemical Priority List of 85 chemicals appeared in the Federal Register on May 21, 1997. Fifteen chemicals were subsequently added and are included in this Web site listing. See the May 21, 1997 Federal Register notice. The Second AEGL Chemical Priority List was published in the Federal Register on May 31, 2002, and contained 371 priority chemicals, 137 of which were considered a higher priority than the other 234 chemicals. See the May 31, 2002 Federal Register ...
Potential Prophylactic Effect of Berberine against Rat Colon Carcinoma Induce by 1,2-Dimethyl Hydrazine
Methods: The rats were segregated into four groups: group 1, control rats; group2, rats were orally received berberine (75 mg/ ... Result: DMH injection decreasedthe antioxidants levels (GSH and SOD) and increased inflammatory markers (MPO, MAPK and COX-2). ... This study shows the ameliorating roles of berberine on 1,2 Di methyl hydrazine (DMH) induced coloncancer in male Swiss albino ... Ahmed E Ghareeb1; Fatma S M Moawed2; Doaa A Ghareeb 3, 4, 5; Eman I Kandil1 ...
alkylating agent (CHEBI:22333)
The Role of Flavonoids as Modulators of Inflammation and on Cell Signaling Pathways | SpringerLink
Shaulian E, Karin M (2001) AP-1 in cell proliferation and survival. Oncogene 20(19):2390-2400PubMedCrossRefPubMedCentralGoogle ... Wagner EF (2001) AP-1 - introductory remarks. Oncogene 20(19):2334-2335PubMedCrossRefPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar ... Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 313(2):F414-F422PubMedCrossRefPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar ... Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol 1(6):a001651PubMedCrossRefPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar ...
Cell population kinetics of 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced colonic neoplasms and their adjacent colonic mucosa in the mouse.
Hydrazines | Toxicological Profile | ATSDR
Phone: 1-800-CDC-INFO 888-232-6348 (TTY) Email: Contact CDC-INFO ... 2. Health Effectspdf icon[PDF - 3.82 MB]. 3. Chemical and ... Have questions? We have answers. 1-800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY: 888-232-6348 ... 1-Dimethylhydrazine 57-14-7; 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine 540-73-8. Toxicological Profile Information. The ATSDR toxicological profile ... 1. Public Health Statementpdf icon[PDF - 213 KB]. ...
Molecules | Free Full-Text | Cancer Chemoprevention by Carotenoids | HTML
Figure 1. Chemical structures of (a) α-carotene; (b) β-carotene; (c) lycopene; (d) β-cryptoxanthin; (e) lutein; (f) zeaxantin ... Figure 1. Chemical structures of (a) α-carotene; (b) β-carotene; (c) lycopene; (d) β-cryptoxanthin; (e) lutein; (f) zeaxantin ... Cancer 1992, 18, 1-29. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]. *Blot, W.J.; Li, J.Y.; Taylor, P.R.; Guo, W.; Dawsey, S.; Wang, G.Q.; Yang ... A recent study of ours indicated that db/db-ApcMin/+ with increased expression of IGF-1, IGF-1R and IGF-2 in the intestine was ...
Indian Health Manual (IHM) - Home
DIMETHYLHYDRAZINE ETHYL SILICATE. 1,2-DIMETHYLHYDRAZINE ETHYLAMINE. DIMETHYLPHTHALATE ETHYLENE. DINITOLMIDE ETHYLENE ... 1,2 - DIBROMOETHANE (ETHYLENE DIBROMIDE) DIMETHYL-1,2 - DIBROMO-2-PHOSPHATE DIBUTYL PHOSPHATE 2-6-DIMETHYL-4-HEPTANONE ... PHENAZOPYRIDINE (2,6-DIAMINO-3-PHENYLAZOPYRIDINE). NITROGEN MUSTARD N-OXIDE AND ITS HYDROCHLORIDE PHENAZOPYRIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE ... 2,4 - DIAMINOANISOLE & ITS SULFATE DIETHYLSTILBOESTROL. 4,4-DIAMIODIPHENYL ETHER 1,2-DIAMINOETHANE DIETHYLSTILBOESTROL ...
CarcinogenesisTumorsRats given 1,2-dimethylhydrazineSymmetricalColorectal cancerCrypt fociCarcinogen 1,2-dimethylhydrazineTumoursAberrantHydrazineMiceCell proliferationLevels of proinflammatory cytokinesLipid peroxidationLesionsUnsymmetricalRodentTumorEthanolOxidative stressExperimentalColonic mucosaPotentMethylInduceHydrazinesCancerLiverSalineCytokines2018MutationsTumourExposureApoptosis1994DamagePathways2017CyclooxygenaseDietaryMethyleneChemical
- We investigated the antitumor effects of AGE in rats with 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH)-induced carcinogenesis, and the mechanism of AGE in human colon cancer cell proliferation. (greenmedinfo.com)
- We have performed this study to investigate the modulatory effect of thymoquinone (TQ), the Nigella sativa active compound, on erythrocyte lipid peroxidation and antioxidant status during 1,2-dimethylhydrazine- (DMH-) induced colon carcinogenesis after initiation in male Wistar rats. (hindawi.com)
- The aim of the present study was to unravel the chemopreventive effect of luteolin on bacterial enzymes such as β-glucuronidase and mucinase in a colon carcinogenesis model induced by 1, 2-dimethyl hydrazine (DMH). (ovid.com)
- Short curcumin treatment modulates oxidative stress, arginase activity, aberrant crypt foci, and TGF-1 and HES-1 transcripts in 1, 2-dimethylhydrazine-colon carcinogenesis in mice. (koreascience.or.kr)
- This study investigatedthe effects of Amorphophallus campanulatus tuber methanolic extract (ACME) on aberrant crypt foci (ACF)formation, colonic cell proliferation, lipid peroxidative damage and the antioxidant status in a long term preclinicalmodel of 1, 2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH) induced colon carcinogenesis in rats. (waocp.org)
- Blume Tuber Against Aberrant Crypt Foci and Cell Proliferation in 1, 2-Dimethylhydrazine Induced Colon Carcinogenesis', Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention , 14(9), pp. 5331-5339. (waocp.org)
- Experimental colon carcinogenesis induced by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine is histologically, morphologically, and anatomically similar to human colonic epithelial neoplasm. (naver.com)
- Enhancing effect of dextran sulfate sodium on colorectal carcinogenesis by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine in rats. (nih.gov)
- Relationship between colonic luminal pH, cell proliferation, and colon carcinogenesis in 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-treated rats fed high fiber diets. (springer.com)
- A novel mouse model for colitis-associated colon carcinogenesis induced by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine and dextran sulfate sodium. (wjgnet.com)
- Tumors from rats given 1,2-dimethylhydrazine plus chlorophyllin or indole-3-carbinol contain transcriptional changes in beta-catenin that are independent of beta-catenin mutation status. (oregonstate.edu)
- Tumors induced in the rat by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH) contain mutations in beta-catenin, but the spectrum of such mutations can be influenced by phytochemicals such as chlorophyllin (CHL) and indole-3-carbinol (I3C). (oregonstate.edu)
- In 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-treated mice the majority of ACF were present in the middle third of the colon, between the two peaks of GALT, but the majority of the tumors were found over the GALT in the distal colon. (wichita.edu)
- Thus the numerical density of lymphoid nodules, not the numbers or distribution of ACF, was the significant predictor of the distribution of tumors in the large bowel of 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-treated mice. (wichita.edu)
- 2001. beta-Catenin mutation in rat colon tumors initiated by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine and 2-amino-3-methylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoline, and the effect of post-initiation treatment with chlorophyllin and indole-3-carbinol. . (oregonstate.edu)
- Daytime pineal gland activation in rats with colon tumors induced by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine(3). (nel.edu)
- OBJECTIVES: Intact rats and rats with 1,2-dimethylhydrazine induced tumors of large intestine were used in experiments. (nel.edu)
- Sibarov D, Kovalenko R, Anisimov V, Nozdrachev A. Daytime pineal gland activation in rats with colon tumors induced by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine(3). (nel.edu)
- Chloroform Inhibition of 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine-Induced Gastrointestinal Tract Tumors in the Fisher 344 Rat. (epa.gov)
- When both tumors were palpable, mice were randomly assigned to eight groups receiving no radiotherapy or three distinct regimens of radiotherapy (20 Gy × 1, 8 Gy × 3, or 6 Gy × 5 fractions in consecutive days) in combination or not with 9H10 monoclonal antibody against CTLA-4. (aacrjournals.org)
Rats given 1,2-dimethylhydrazine1
- 2001. Post-initiation effects of chlorophyllin and indole-3-carbinol in rats given 1,2-dimethylhydrazine or 2-amino-3-methyl- imidazo. . (oregonstate.edu)
- Phytic acid improves intestinal mucosal barrier damage and reduces serum levels of proinflammatory cytokines in a 1, 2-dimethylhydrazine-induced rat colorectal cancer model. (elabscience.com)
- ACF can be observed and quantified microscopically, acting as a marker for the risk of developing colorectal cancer 1,2 . (isciii.es)
- Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the fourth most common cancer in the world 1 . (isciii.es)
- The objective of this study was to investigate the chemopreventive potentials of glycine- and proline-rich glycoprotein (SNL glycoprotein, 150-kDa) isolated from Solanum nigrum Linne on formation of colonic aberrant crypt foci (ACF) induced by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH, 20 mg/kg) in A/J mice. (springer.com)
- Aberrant crypt foci were induced by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine. (scielo.br)
- Six-week-old male CF-1 mice were fed the AIN-76 diet, given eight weekly s.c. injections of either the colon carcinogen 1,2-dimethylhydrazine or saline, and killed 24 weeks after the last injection. (wichita.edu)
- Disturbances of diurnal rhythms of biogenic amines contents in hypothalamic nuclei as an evidence of neurotropic effects of enterotropic carcinogen 1,2-dimethylhydrazine. (nel.edu)
- Arutjunyan A, Kerkeshko G, Anisimov V, Stepanov M, Prokopenko V, Pozdeyev N, Korenevsky A. Disturbances of diurnal rhythms of biogenic amines contents in hypothalamic nuclei as an evidence of neurotropic effects of enterotropic carcinogen 1,2-dimethylhydrazine. (nel.edu)
- Specificity of transfer ribonucleic acid methylases from normal mouse colon and 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced colon tumours. (elsevier.com)
- Intestinal tumours (adenoma, adenocarcinoma) in male Wistar rats at different dieting regime were experimentally induced by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH). (scialert.net)
- All rats were treated with 1,2-dimethylhydrazine to induce colorectal tumours. (tudelft.nl)
- The colon of rats is a target organ for 1,2-dimethylhydrazine toxicity, where it can produce aberrant crypts. (inchem.org)
- Breathing cigarette smoke indirectly or using tobacco products may expose you to small amounts of hydrazine or 1,1-dimethylhydrazine. (cdc.gov)
- The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has determined that hydrazine and 1,1-dimethylhydrazine are known carcinogens. (cdc.gov)
- The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has determined that hydrazine, 1,1-dimethylhydrazine, and 1,2-dimethylhydrazine are possible human carcinogens. (cdc.gov)
- The American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) currently lists hydrazine and 1,1-dimethylhydrazine as suspected carcinogens, but has recently recommended that the listing of hydrazine be changed to that of animal carcinogen, not likely to cause cancer to people under normal exposure conditions. (cdc.gov)
- Potential Prophylactic Effect of Berberine against Rat Colon Carcinoma Induce by 1,2-Dimethyl Hydrazine', Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention , 19(6), pp. 1685-1690. (waocp.org)
- Objective: This study shows the ameliorating roles of berberine on 1,2 Di methyl hydrazine (DMH) induced colon cancer in male Swiss albino rats. (waocp.org)
- Forty eight female rats were prepared and acclimatized to the laboratory conditions for two weeks, and all animals received 1, 2- dimethyl hydrazine chloride (40 mg/kg body weight) twice a week for 4 weeks except healthy control. (ac.ir)
- 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine was studied for carcinogenicity in many experiments in rats and mice, mainly by subcutaneous, infrequently by oral and rarely by other routes of administration. (inchem.org)
- Whatever the route of administration, 1,2-dimethylhydrazine, if given at an appropriate dosage, produced in mice and rats a high incidence of adenomas and adenocarcinomas of the colon and, to a lesser extent, of the small bowel. (inchem.org)
- 3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase inhibitors, pravastatin (Pr) and simvastatin (Si), suppressed 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH)-induced colon cancer development in female ICR mice. (elsevier.com)
- GLP-2 is an intestinal growth hormone and is shown to promote growth of colonic adenomas in carcinogen treated mice. (nih.gov)
- We investigated the intestinal growth effect of the GLP-1 receptor agonists (GLP-1 RAs) (liraglutide and exenatide) and DPP-4 inhibition (sitagliptin) in healthy mice. (nih.gov)
- For the growth study we treated healthy CD1 mice with liraglutide (300 μg×2), exenatide (12.5 μg×2) or vehicle subcutaneously and sitagliptin (8mg×2) or water by oral gavage for 10 or 30 days. (nih.gov)
- For the tumour study we treated carcinogen treated mice (1,2 dimethylhydrazine 21 mg/kg/week for 12 weeks) with liraglutide (300 μg×2), Gly2-GLP-2 (25 μg×2) or vehicle subcutaneously and sitagliptin (8 mg×2) or water by oral gavage for 45 days. (nih.gov)
- Thesis: Inhibition of 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine-Induced Colon Cancer in Balb-c Mice by Hydrolyzable and Condensed Tannins. (cmu.edu)
Levels of proinflammatory cytokines1
- Furthermore, PA decreased serum levels of proinflammatory cytokines, which included TNF- α , IL-1 β and IL-6. (cambridge.org)
- $\beta$ -Sitosterol Prevents Lipid Peroxidation and Improves Antioxidant Status and Histoarchitecture in Rats with 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine-Induced Colon Cancer. (koreascience.or.kr)
- 1, 2-Dimethylhydrazine (DMH) enhances lipid peroxidation rate by tumor mitochondria than normal tissue counterpart and causes many disorders in antioxidant system in liver. (ac.ir)
- According to the colorectal adenoma-carcinoma sequence theory, most CRCs develop from pre-existing adenomatous lesions through a multistep process with the accumulation of genetic, molecular and histological changes ( 1 , 2 ). (frontiersin.org)
- Adlay bran ethanolic extract suppressed 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-indued preneoplastic lesions of the colon. (greenmedinfo.com)
- The etiology of CRC is known to be multifactorial, responding to family, environmental and dietary agents 2 , 3 , 4 putative preneoplastic lesions, are early morphological changes induced by the colon carcinogen azoxymethane (AOM. (isciii.es)
- Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine 74-79-3 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine from PubChem Record of 1,2-Dimethylhydrazin in the GESTIS Substance Database of the Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, accessed on 21 March 2008. (wikipedia.org)
- Although the activating pathway has not been clarified in detail, there is good evidence that human tissues, cells and subcellular preparations can activate 1,2-dimethylhydrazine in a similar manner to the corresponding rodent models. (inchem.org)
- The required information included: (1) the effects on newborn animals, particularly those exposed to DSS through lactation: (2) an adequate long-term study in a rodent species: and (3) a study of the effects of DSS on the pulmonary vascular system. (inchem.org)
- Interestingly, the results in this study revealed that SNL glycoprotein has suppressive effects on activity of nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-κB), whereas it has stimulatory effect on the expression of p53, accompanying inhibitory effects on expression of NF-κBp50, inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), interleukin (IL)-6, and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α in DMH-stimulated ACF formation. (springer.com)
- 1 Division of Tumor Pathology, University of the Ryukyus Faculty of Medicine, Okinawa, Japan. (aacrjournals.org)
- Amelioration of 1, 2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH) induced colon oxidative stress, inflammation and tumor promotion response by tannic acid in Wistar rats. (koreascience.or.kr)
- Phloretin inhibits phorbol ester-induced tumor promotion and expression of cyclooxygenase-2 in mouse skin. (greenmedinfo.com)
- Recent evidence that radiation induces an immunogenic tumor cell death and alters the tumor microenvironment to enhance recruitment of antitumor T cells supports the hypothesis that radiation can enhance both the priming and the effector phase of the antitumor immune response ( 2 - 5 ). (aacrjournals.org)
- It works by helping to suppress a number of inflammatory mediators, including tumor necrosis factor alpha, nitric oxide, and COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes. (prohealth.com)
- A fifth rat received a single oral dose of 5.8 mg of 2-ethylhexanol in 40% ethanol. (inchem.org)
- High alcohol (ethanol) preference ratio (1/5) ( McClearn, 1965 ). (jax.org)
- Low severity of ethanol withdrawal symptoms compared with DBA/2, possibly associated with differences in neuroactive steriod sensitivity ( Finn et al, 1997 ). (jax.org)
- Oxidative stress produced by free radicals has been associated with the development of several diseases such as cardiovascular, cancer, and neurodegenerative diseases [ 2 ]. (hindawi.com)
- 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine (DMH), a potent colon carcinogen, undergoes oxidative metabolism resulting in the production of electrophilic diazonium ion, which is known to elicit oxidative stress in the RBCs [ 4 ]. (hindawi.com)
- 2008. Mercapturic acid conjugates of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal and 4-oxo-2-nonenal metabolites are in vivo markers of oxidative stress. . (oregonstate.edu)
- There is sufficient evidence in experimental animals for the carcinogenicity of 1,2-dimethylhydrazine. (inchem.org)
- 2. An experimental (molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, etc.) approach for validation of splicing aberration in cancer cells and characterization of regulators of the spliceosome. (cmu.edu)
- The number of ACF in colonic mucosa was significantly decreased in DMH-treated rats with CR (group 2) as compared to in DMH-treated rats without CR (group 1). (aacrjournals.org)
- The expression levels of sirt1 and sirt4 in colonic mucosa were increased by CR (group 1 vs. group 2 and group 3 vs. group 4). (aacrjournals.org)
- Cell population kinetics of 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced colonic neoplasms and their adjacent colonic mucosa in the mouse. (mcmaster.ca)
- 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine is a potent carcinogen that acts as a DNA methylating agent. (wikipedia.org)
- Both GLP-1 analogues were potent growth stimulators of the healthy mouse intestine. (nih.gov)
- Billed on The Dr. Oz Show as the "#1 supplement you've never heard of that you should be taking," astaxanthin is a super-potent dietary antioxidant with strong immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory properties. (prohealth.com)
- Concentrations of 06-methylguanine, 04-methyl thymidine, and N-7-methylguanine were measured in the livers of Fischer 344 rats following treatment with 1,2-dimethylhydrazine (20 mg/kg, s.c.) alone or in combination with the 06-alkylguanine transferase inhibitor 06-benzylguanine (100 mg/kg, i.p., daily). (elsevier.com)
- Groups 1 and 2 were given subcutaneous injection of 1, 2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH, 40 mg/Kg body weight), once a week for 2 weeks to induce ACF. (aacrjournals.org)
- NIOSHTIC-2 search results for hydrazines -NIOSHTIC-2 is a searchable database of worker safety and health publications, documents, grant reports, and journal articles supported in whole or in part by NIOSH. (cdc.gov)
- The objective of this study was to evaluate pumpkin seed extract as prophylactic and treatment for 1, 2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH) induced colon cancer in Wistar rats. (hindawi.com)
- Indonesian J Cancer Chemoprevent, 2, 227-32. (koreascience.or.kr)
- Cancer Lett, 2, 147-51. (koreascience.or.kr)
- 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine has caused colon cancer in laboratory animals following a single exposure. (cdc.gov)
- To date, the cancer problem and the failure of conventional chemotherapy to achieve a reduction in the mortality rates for common epithelial malignancies such as carcinomas of the lung, colon, breast, prostate and pancreas, indicates a critical need for new approaches to control cancer development [ 1 , 2 ]. (mdpi.com)
- It is also taken by mouth for type 2 diabetes, liver problems, Alzheimer's disease, to control snoring, lung disorders including emphysema and pneumonia, chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune disorders (systemic lupus erythematous), HIV infection and AIDS, and cancer (breast cancer and colon cancer). (webmd.com)
- Fig. 1: DNA repair pathways and cancer. (nature.com)
- Fig. 2: Mechanisms of BAP1 activity in cancer development. (nature.com)
- This fatty acid is currently known to play a role in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, arthritis, autoimmune diseases, cancer and inflammatory diseases 1-4 . (scielo.br)
- The prevention or reduced incidence of cancer would help lower rising medical costs ( 2 ), providing a cheaper and more effective strategy of decreasing cancer mortality. (frontiersin.org)
- In regard to epidemiology, the 2011 World Cancer Research Fund and American Institute for Cancer Research reported beneficial food and nutrition for decreasing the incidence of CRC ( 5 ) (Table 1 ). (frontiersin.org)
- Control rats received 1,2-dimethylhydrazine -- a substance known to cause cancer -- for six weeks. (livestrong.com)
- The present study reveals the effect of galantamine (GAL) against 1, 2-dimethylhydrazine (DMH) induced colon cancer. (ovid.com)
- International Journal of Cancer Research, 2: 19-30. (scialert.net)
- Other early research suggests that taking propagermanium, another form of germanium, by mouth for 1-7 months might benefit people with multiple myeloma, a type of blood cancer. (webmd.com)
- For the most current information, contact the National Cancer Institute via the Internet web site at http://cancer.gov or call 1-800-4-CANCER. (cigna.com)
- We have previously proposed a partnership between local radiation and immunotherapy in the treatment of cancer ( 1 ). (aacrjournals.org)
- 1,2 Dietary fat has received considerable attention as a possible risk factor in the etiology of colon cancer. (springer.com)
- Earlier feeding studies in rats revealed that petroselinic acid [18:1(n-12)] from triacylglycerols of coriander oil was extensively incorporated into the lipids of heart and liver (11). (ispub.com)
- Indeed, many reports have observed notably altered immune cell densities and cytokine profiles during CRC development ( 13 - 21 ), in which significantly increased CD4 and CD8-positive T lymphocyte populations are observed ( 22 - 24 ), along with decreased expression levels of T H 1 cytokines and increased expression levels of T H 2 cytokines in patients with CRC ( 7 , 8 , 25 , 26 ). (frontiersin.org)
- 2018 Apr;8(2):375-386. (nih.gov)
- 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine formed DNA adducts and induced gene mutations, DNA breaks and micronuclei in vitro and in vivo in rodents. (inchem.org)
- iii) the high levels of PGE2, PGF(2α), and TXB2 in pancreatic adenocarcinomas indicate a possible role for these eicosanoids in modulation of tumour growth. (tudelft.nl)
- It is possible that DPP-4 inhibition by enhancing the exposure of endogenous GLP-2 to the intestinal epithelia also might mediate growth and promote neoplasia. (nih.gov)
- California periodically amends the airborne contaminants table (Table AC-1) in this regulation to keep the standard consistent with current information regarding harmful effects of exposure to these substances and other new substances not listed. (ca.gov)
- The mechanism of action is probably associated with the ability of DHA to regulate COX-2 production, which decreases the expression of the antiapoptotic proteins Bcl-2, accelerating apoptosis. (scielo.br)
- 1994 Dec;38(4 Suppl 1):140-4. (nih.gov)
- In making the overall evaluation, the Working Group took into account that 1,2-dimethylhydrazine is consistently mutagenic in a wide range of test systems and gives rise to a similar pattern of DNA damage in human and animal tissues in vitro . (inchem.org)
- In addition to the already known free radical scavenging effect, flavonoids exert beneficial effects through the interaction with nuclear transcription factor kappa-B, activator protein 1, Janus kinases and phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase signaling pathways. (springer.com)
- These findings strongly suggest that the anti-inflammatory actions of Thymoquinone are caused by suppression of IRAK-linked AP-1/NF-κB pathways. (greenmedinfo.com)
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), notably cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors, used either alone or in combination with other agents, have offered the most potential for lowering the risk of CRC. (frontiersin.org)
- Since humans have no enzyme capable of hydrolyzing the β(2→1) bond, these fructans also serve as dietary fiber (Ojansivu et al. (academicjournals.org)
- 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine is believed to be used only as a laboratory chemical. (inchem.org)
- Working in greenhouses where the chemical Alar is used may result in your being exposed to small amounts of 1,2-dimethylhydrazine. (cdc.gov)
- heptyl) is a chemical compound with the formula H2NN(CH3)2 that is used as a rocket propellant. (wikipedia.org)