Loading...
  • H3K4Me2
  • Cell extracts prepared from the entire histone-mutant collection (a-c from H3 mutants, d-f from H4 mutants) were subjected to SDS-PAGE and western blot analysis and tested for the presence of dimethylated lysine 4 of histone H3 (H3K4Me2) and trimethylated lysine 4 of histone H3 (H3K4Me3) as indicated below panel. (nih.gov)
  • structurally
  • The MBT domain is structurally related to protein domains that directly bind methylated histone residues. (uniprot.org)
  • Structurally, histones can be divided into the core domain, which makes up approximately 75% of the protein and is composed of histone fold motifs that physically interact with themselves to form the H2A/2B and H3/4 heterodimers, and the flexible tail domain, which makes up the remaining 25% of the protein. (asm.org)
  • covalent
  • Recently, evidence that biotinidase and holocarboxylase synthetase (HCS) catalyze the covalent binding of biotin to histones has been provided. (unl.edu)
  • targets
  • These studies provided evidence that K9 and K13 in the N-terminus of human histones H2A and H2AX are targets for biotinylation and that K125, K127 and K129 in the C-terminus of histone H2A are targets for biotinylation. (unl.edu)
  • core
  • We demonstrate that the malignant-brain-tumor (MBT) protein L3MBTL1 is in a complex with core histones, histone H1b, HP1gamma, and Rb. (uniprot.org)
  • C ) Chromatogram of micronuclear core histones resolved by RP-HPLC. (nih.gov)
  • Each nucleosome is made up of an octamer of core histones (two each of H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), and around this histone core, the DNA is wrapped in two superhelical turns of 147 bp ( 67 ). (asm.org)
  • species
  • Inset shows fractions containing two micronuclear histone H3 species, H3 S ('S' for electrophoretically slow) and H3 F ('F' for electrophoretically fast), which are stained with Coomassie following SDS-PAGE. (nih.gov)
  • As with all young fields, apparently conflicting and sometimes controversial observations about histone phosphorylations and their true functions in different species are found in the literature. (asm.org)
  • novel
  • Here, we gained novel functional insight about heterochromatic PTMs by analyzing histone H3 purified from the heterochromatic germline micronucleus of the model organism Tetrahymena thermophila. (nih.gov)