Loading...
  • genetic
  • The second piece of information, which is the subject of this paper, is called genetic ethnicity or genetic ancestry. (ancestry.com.au)
  • In this document, we describe the technology we use to capture a customer's genetic data and the information this technology provides, the reference panel to which we compare each customer sample, the inference method we apply in order to estimate genetic ethnicity, and finally the extensive testing regime we have developed and employed to assess the quality of our estimates. (ancestry.com.au)
  • This service combines advanced DNA science with the world's largest online family history resource to predict your genetic ethnicity and help you find new family connections. (ancestry.com)
  • ancestry
  • In the United States and Europe , ethnicity is commonly associated with membership in a non-dominant group (not of predominant European ancestry) and is perceived as constituting a different culture - in terms of language, style of dress, political consciousness and worldview, foods, music, and so on - than that of the dominant group. (encyclopedia.com)
  • nationality
  • It describes a level of commonality that is wider ("meta-") and more general (i.e., might differ on specifics) than ethnicity, but does not necessarily correspond to (and may actually transcend) nation or nationality. (wikipedia.org)
  • Iran
  • Although several studies have reported the effect of ethnicity on brain size and cranial capacity [ 25 - 27 ], there is no report regarding corpus callosum dimensions according to ethnicity in Iran. (hindawi.com)
  • Turkic groups constitute a substantial minority of about 15-24%, the largest group being the Azerbaijani, who are the second largest ethnicity in Iran as well as the largest minority group. (wikipedia.org)
  • Iran used to be called Persia until 1935, by that definition all Iranians were considered Persian regardless of their ethnicity. (wikipedia.org)
  • formerly
  • The North Sea perspective on ethnicity is usually associated with Barth s (1969) introduction to Ethnic Groups and Boundaries , a book which radically questioned assumptions about ethnicity which had formerly been widespread. (uio.no)
  • perspective
  • Voting in Kenya: Putting Ethnicity in Perspective ," Working papers 2008-09, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics. (repec.org)
  • racial
  • Geoffrey Fox, on the other hand, argues that 'Hispanic', with its emphasis on Spanish-language heritage as the foundation of meta-ethnicity, has no implied racial or class agendas and is simply preferred by most immigrants from Latin America. (wikipedia.org)
  • research
  • However, Bateson s impact has not been most pronounced in the realm of ecological anthropology strictly speaking, but in the unlikely field of ethnicity research. (uio.no)
  • The school of ethnicity research to be considered here, although it is often identified with Barth during his Bergen years (1960 1974), definitely forms part of what we might call a North Sea anthropology. (uio.no)
  • white
  • The NHL is composed of 93% of players who designate themselves as white with the remaining 7% of varying ethnicities. (wikipedia.org)
  • Specifically, this white paper addresses our updated ethnicity estimation process, which includes refinements to the reference panel and a calculation of statistical uncertainty in the ethnicity estimates. (ancestry.com.au)
  • Studies
  • The Cleavage Model, Ethnicity and Voter Alignment in Africa: Conceptual and Methodological Problems Revisited ," GIGA Working Paper Series 63, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies. (repec.org)
  • impact
  • Bateson s impact on what I propose to call the North Sea ethnicity paradigm has noneless only partly been acknowledged explicitly. (uio.no)
  • place
  • Furthermore, these split-level processes of identity formation-the forging of ethnicity and meta-ethnicity-take place in regional contexts of unequal ethnic control over media and symbol systems. (wikipedia.org)
  • British police forces are required to use the SDE 16+1 codes (as opposed to the commonly used radio shorthand IC codes) when spoken contact has taken place and an individual has been given an opportunity to state their self-perceived ethnicity. (wikipedia.org)