Loading...
  • glands
  • Primary pigmented nodular adrenocortical disease (PPNAD) is a pituitary-independent, primary adrenal form of hypercortisolism characterized by (a) resistance to suppression by dexamethasone and abolition of the normal diurnal rhythm of cortisol secretion, and (b) distinctive, bilateral, histopathologic changes of the adrenal glands, such as the formation of variably sized, pigmented nodular adenomas, loss of normal zonation and atrophy of the extranodular cortex. (clinicaltrials.gov)
  • normal
  • When both parents carry an abnormal allele, each child has a 25% chance of having the disease, a 50% chance of being a carrier like the parents, and a 25% chance of having two normal genes. (wikipedia.org)
  • occurs
  • Very severe symptoms may arise at times of stress when an adrenal crisis occurs. (healthhype.com)
  • Rocky Mountain spotted fever* is a rickettsial disease that occurs in dogs and humans. (wikipedia.org)
  • Disseminated disease occurs when the fungus has spread outside of the lungs and may include clinical signs such as lameness, pain, seizures, anterior uveitis, and localized swelling. (wikipedia.org)
  • Cushing Syndrome
  • 234 subclinical cushing syndrome and adrenal incidentaloma will be randomly assigned into two groups(e.g adrenalectomy group and conservative treatment group). (clinicaltrials.gov)
  • used a mouse model to cre-lox knockout the Prkar1a gene specifically from cells of the adrenal cortex and observed that the mice subsequently developed Cushing syndrome that is independent of the pituitary. (wikipedia.org)
  • Cancer
  • To this end the trial compares the two most promising drug combinations investigated in phase II trials, considered by the 'International Consensus Conference on Adrenal Cancer' (Ann Arbor/USA, 2003) as valuable first line treatments for advanced ACC. (clinicaltrials.gov)
  • Patients with nonresectable adrenocortical cancer who have progressed on at least one other form of systemic therapy (Mitotane or chemotherapy) will be given Iressa 250 mg by mouth daily until disease progression. (clinicaltrials.gov)
  • Protein kinase A has been implicated in a number of diseases, including cardiovascular disease, tumors of the adrenal cortex, and cancer. (wikipedia.org)
  • androgen
  • Loss of adrenal androgen does not have significant consequences in males since most of the androgens are produced by the testes. (healthhype.com)
  • patients
  • Caution should be adopted particularly in patients with low risk of disease relapse, in whom the benefit of therapy should be weighted against the side effects. (clinicaltrials.gov)
  • This study is designed to see if the newer targeted therapy, Iressa, may be of benefit for patients with this fatal disease. (clinicaltrials.gov)
  • Eighteen patients with measurable disease will be enrolled in the first stage. (clinicaltrials.gov)
  • If there is at least one responder, then an additional nine patients with measurable disease will be enrolled for a total of 27 patients with measurable disease. (clinicaltrials.gov)
  • Up to six patients without measurable disease may be enrolled at any point in this study. (clinicaltrials.gov)
  • For an average veterinary practice with two veterinarians and 1500 canine patients, this would mean an average of one diagnosis of the disease each year. (wikipedia.org)
  • occur
  • Although it can also occur in children, Addison disease is more common among adults particularly in the 30 to 50 year age group. (healthhype.com)
  • Alcoholism
  • Autonomic neuropathies may be the result of an inherited condition or they may be acquired due to various premorbid conditions such as diabetes and alcoholism, bacterial infection such as Lyme disease or a viral illness. (wikipedia.org)
  • neurons
  • acute pandysautonomia is one form of an autonomic neuropathy, which is a collection of various syndromes and diseases which affect the autonomic neurons of the autonomic nervous system (ANS). (wikipedia.org)
  • known
  • This means that functions of the outer portion of the adrenal gland known as the cortex is impaired. (healthhype.com)
  • Lyme disease is known as the "great imitator", as it may present as a variety of psychiatric or neurologic disorders including anorexia nervosa. (wikipedia.org)
  • citation needed] Alzheimer's disease Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - Also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease Arthritis - Arthritis is a condition where you feel joint pain. (wikipedia.org)
  • hereditary
  • In his clinical work as an endocrinologist, Israel's older brother, Prof. Aaron Hanukoglu (Tel Aviv University, Sackler Medical School and E. Wolfson Medical Center), identified that a hereditary disease named pseudohypoaldosteronism (PHA) type I encompasses two independent syndromes. (wikipedia.org)
  • cells
  • The R1α loss caused the adult adrenal gland became hyperactive and hyperplastic on both sides, as seemingly the foetal adrenal cells within it were not maintained and thus expanded. (wikipedia.org)
  • production
  • One dog in every 42 diagnosed with hypoadrenocorticism has the secondary form of the disease where mineralocorticoid production remains intact. (wikipedia.org)
  • Cerebral
  • They are found in pre- and postsynaptic neurons in synapses of the hippocampus, cerebellum, and the cerebral cortex, as well as other parts of the brain and in peripheral tissues. (wikipedia.org)
  • Tissue
  • Several cell types or tissues, e.g. osteoblasts, chondrocytes, cardiac tissue, gastrointestinal smooth muscle cells, and epithelial cells of some tissues normally do not express LECT2 but do so under a variety of disease conditions. (wikipedia.org)
  • Cells that will become adrenal tissue move retroperitoneally to the upper portion of the mesonephros. (wikipedia.org)
  • norepinephrine
  • A single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) is a genetic variation in which a genome sequence is altered by a single nucleotide (A, T, C or G). NET proteins with an altered amino acid sequence (more specifically, a missense mutation) could potentially be associated with various diseases that involve abnormally high or low plasma levels of norepinephrine due to altered NET function. (wikipedia.org)
  • Dysregulation of the removal of norepinephrine by NET is associated with many neuropsychiatric diseases, discussed below. (wikipedia.org)
  • gene
  • The gene has numerous single nucleotide variants as well as other variations, some of which have been associated with human disease. (wikipedia.org)
  • The LDLR gene also contains one of 27 SNPs associated with increased risk of coronary artery disease. (wikipedia.org)
  • Inflammatory
  • It sold well for many years, but in 2009, Roche decided to remove Accutane from the US market after juries had awarded millions of dollars in damages to former Accutane users over inflammatory bowel disease claims. (wikipedia.org)
  • The American College of Gastroenterologists have released a position paper stating that people with inflammatory bowel disease should not be precluded from having their acne treated with isotretinoin. (wikipedia.org)
  • activity
  • Receptors in groups II and III reduce the activity of postsynaptic potentials, both excitatory and inhibitory, in the cortex. (wikipedia.org)
  • Differences in residual enzyme activity of the various alleles account for the various degrees of severity of the disease. (wikipedia.org)
  • acne
  • DHEA and other adrenal androgens such as androstenedione, although relatively weak androgens, are responsible for the androgenic effects of adrenarche, such as early pubic and axillary hair growth, adult-type body odor, increased oiliness of hair and skin, and mild acne. (wikipedia.org)
  • However
  • However, LECT2's relationships to these diseases requires much further study before they can be regarded as established and clinically useful. (wikipedia.org)
  • among
  • Based on the figures presented by the Center for Disease Avoidance and Control, suicide ranks third among the most common factors behind death for young people ages 15-24. (amandabrayman.com)
  • Control
  • 10,000 people in U.S. Monitored during Ebola scare More than 10,000 people in the usa were monitored for symptoms of Ebola this past fall and winter, according to a fresh record from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (amandabrayman.com)
  • research
  • She returned to the University of California at Berkeley to instruct and became an associate professor of medicine in 1946, while continuing her research on hormone related diseases. (wikipedia.org)
  • important
  • On the other hand, LECT2 amyloidosis represents an important but at present very much under-recognized cause of chronic kidney disease in the cited ethnic groups and, possibly, other ethnic groups yet to be deteremined. (wikipedia.org)
  • skin
  • It is used to treat harlequin-type ichthyosis, a usually lethal skin disease, and lamellar ichthyosis. (wikipedia.org)
  • people
  • October In late, the CDC recommended that everyone in the usa who had perhaps been subjected to Ebola - - which includes people returning from an Ebola-affected nation, as well as those who looked after Ebola patients right here - - end up being monitored for 21 times after their last direct exposure for symptoms of the disease. (amandabrayman.com)