0 votes
in Skin Diseases by

Yesterday morning I ripped my Frenulum and there was extreme bleeding for long time. I went to see a doctor but I as the doctor was a lady, I became ashamed and didn't ask her properly.
I did some research online - a lot of people were going with antibiotics, creams or stitching. So how do I know that I have a tear that needs antibiotics or stitching?
Also, that I have a tear in my frenulum and bleeding has stopped, is there any treatment to prevent injury for second time and so it doesn't get torn again.
I got hit on my penis while I was with my girlfriend. My crotch area is still sore and it has been over a day. I'm getting slightly worried.

1 Answer

0 votes

It should heal back just as normal, however it may reoccur in incidents as what you describe. This may produce a mild scarring, which may shorten the length of the frenulum, in which case you may need an incision to correct it.

Read more about the problem of torn frenulum here.

Welcome to lookformedical.com, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.


6.1k questions

2.8k answers


17.3k users

Disclaimer: We do not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content in this site.