Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex. Occasional ED isn’t uncommon. Many men experience it during times of stress. Frequent ED can be a sign of health problems that need treatment.
Erectile dysfunction symptoms might include persistent:
- Trouble getting an erection
- Trouble keeping an erection
- Reduced sexual desire
You may have erectile dysfunction if you regularly have:
- trouble getting an erection, due to less average erection time
- difficulty maintaining an erection during sexual activities
Other sexual disorders related to ED include:
- premature ejaculation
- delayed ejaculation
- anorgasmia, which is the inability to achieve orgasm after ample stimulation
You should talk to your doctor if you have any of these symptoms, especially if they’ve lasted for two or more months.